1.68/5

19 Oasis Legal Finance Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 12, 2019

My only complaint so far is the rudeness of their customer agents.. Very unprofessional and not very helpful at all. I have to call in several and speak to several different people to get the correct answers.

Original review: May 3, 2019

Day 1...I apply online. Giving my info and attorney info as they request. I receive a text from Oasis thanking me and telling me to notify attorney. I text back telling them I already had. Day 2...I receive a text telling me that I had been assigned case # blah blah blah asking me to notify attorney. I have?? Day 3...I received text saying they are gathering and reviewing info on my case.

By this time the gig was up and the day 3 text clinched it. I text back "Cancel. I will obtain funding elsewhere". They text back that no further messages will be sent. 50 minutes later they text back saying they can't review my case because they don't have attorney info. What happened to my application? On day 2 didn't they say they were gathering and reviewing information? They text back and want me to call. What? No thanks. On day 3 you're asking for basic info I already sent. Also I want to add that after I contacted this company I received junk email from their affiliates like ARC. An increase in telemarketing calls as well. Something is very wrong with this place. Loss of info...hiding behind text messages like a teenager with a crush on the gym teacher. You would do better going elsewhere.

Get expert buying tips about Structured Settlement delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 25, 2019

I was offered a Low $800 and I refused. They called and harassed me every day to force me to take the loan. I refused based on their phone harassment and told them not to call me. You do have a right to refuse. I contacted other structural loans and has been denied based on my refusal to Oasis! I am so happy that I did not accept their offer based on I would had to pay them back! If phone calls to take the loan just Imaging the phone calls to repay.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

As an attorney helping my clients find lawsuit funding I have found Oasis Financial to be among the most expensive. I have tried to steer my clients to Redwood Funding, Global or Momentum as they are more competitive. Clients need to find a company that charges no fees and does not compound the interest.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

Oasis is a joke. They offered me 500. Would a double charge to pay back up 1600. Then the same day text me back to let me know they denied me, call back again after received a settlement and they still denied me. Oasis is a joke and I am very glad that they could not assist me. I would not recommend this to anyone the finance charges to pay back or outrageous.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Oasis Financial?

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

After reading so many negative reviews, I felt that I needed to post my own regarding Oasis Financial! I have been dealing with this company over the last 2 years, and I have nothing but good things to say about this company! There are pros and there are cons to using a financial service of any kind, and sometimes approval takes a little longer than other times. However, they have always oh, and I do mean always met my expectations or more! They are professional, helpful and a godsend!

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

This company is a JOKE!!! For 3 weeks they gave me the run a round. Then today instead of personally speaking to me when I called for a update they sent a text denying me because my case is too new. Contact them in 30 days to reapply. I DON'T THINK SO!!! WOULDN'T RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY TO MY WORST ENEMY.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

I applied with this company because my wife suffered a slip and fall accident in March... We are currently in litigation and awaiting a settlement. We were rejected the first time with no explanation. Then the case was reopened and took 2 weeks to hear anything from them. I called them today and notified the person I spoke to that we were in danger of being evicted from our apartment. Then approximately 10 minutes later I received the same email as the first time saying we were again denied any money...and again without explanation... I will do everything I can to dissuade other people from applying with Oasis. They are liars and frauds.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

I received a very small amount from them earlier this year and after having surgery and unable to work I called on a Sunday requesting additional funding, in which they stated would take 1 to a few days... Only to call the following Saturday after being told someone would call, I was denied at this time with no reason on Friday. When asked why was I denied I was told to check my email and sometimes their emails go to the spam. So I checked my email and nothing. Nada! After reading these reviews I’m quite pissed I went with this company. I’m looking at a significant lawsuit settlement and now I wish not to pay them one red penny. Dirty lying sneaky **!

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

It took about 14 days to find out that they didn’t feel comfortable funding my case. Not once did they ever give me a call to let me know where we were in the process. The people that work for them are very unprofessional and when you call to check the status of your application it felt to me as if I was getting on their nerves. There are a lot of other loan companies. I would recommend not using Oasis. I tried with a company called Buckeye Funding and someone makes contact with me every day since I put my application in. Just a heads up. Oasis sucks. Don’t waste your time.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2018

I am looking to post how the whole process unfolds with this loan company so others can learn from my experience. I believe my attorney set it up with 2 small loans for 2k for each car accident. After I spent some time researching and reading reviews I found that Oasis is only worth doing since my atty has worked with them in the past and the process is quick but then the fees and rates will shock you. After doing the math for a few companies and I had Oasis reduce the exorbitant interest rate of 96%, but they like to say it's an 8% loan. It's really 8% compounded monthly, 12 months x 8% = 96%. I had them reduce it to 5% or 60%, 12 months x 5% = 60%. It's $1547 in interest on a $2k loan for a total of $3547 which is almost twice the loan amount to pay back if paid in the 25 monthly installments. These are only good if used for a few months.

Well after sending the signed docs and they said thanks it's completed on the screen but would not accept my phone call for a reference number to get the money for the 2nd loan so now it will sit in Western Union for the next 2 days. Thank goodness I didn't have to have it!! What if it was an emergency? I cannot any longer get thru to the Oasis companies phone number because apparently my cell phone number has been recorded to a database within Oasis and I am immediately sent to a full answering machine when I called after 5 pm today for a status on how to get my money from the loan after signing all the documents and they were in receipt of them all. Very weird and no number in any state online will work even if I disguise my number with *67. Why? This is bad customer service and very distrusting just before a holiday. Can't wait to see what happens next.

Also if you go with this company all fees and interest rate is negotiable especially when you question each one intelligently and balk at their extremely high rates compared to other companies. I dealt with an underwriter there and discussed all the monies and she was absolutely clueless and her name was PORSCHE-a...not Mercedes or AUDI but PORSCHE-a, which is a stripper name but I guess it can be tribal too. She has major issues when you "AXE" her a question. In between her incredibly incorrect answers to all my questions, her destroying the English language with her ghetto slang and I AXED her a few more questions and then gave up after she said there's a $149 Western Union wiring fee and has no clue whatsoever to finance and could not understand the yearly APR and compounding daily interest.

Another rep had to call me back and she was definitely not ** or finance illiterate/ignorant and was very kind and professional. She informed me there would be no fees at all, which I verified, and she reduced the interest rate from 8% to 5% a month or also known as 96% APR and 60% APR respectively. Still a very high rate but acceptable for my 45-60 loan. I have still not been able to make contact with Oasis and won't be able to with my phone. My girl came home from work and I used her cell to call them and I got through magically on the first call, the same number I just called 5 times and would not work except for an immediate answering machine.

SHAME ON YOU OASIS!!! Service after the sale. Have you ever heard of that? How about 2 loans?? I bet that has happened more than once. That's so horrible to not accept a customers call in their time of need because you did not provide all the necessary and required information to the MAN who is paying you very well for this loan. There was another term previously used for very high interest loans made quickly in the neighborhood, ring any bells?? Let you know what happens when I call on Friday to get the 2nd loan if it even exists or they mailed multiple loan docs up to 1:39 am. BE CAREFUL and watch these slick cats.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

Completed a application for Legal Funding Sept 4, 2018. My situation is I already received a Settlement offer and was just waiting on documents to sign by lawyers to finalize settlement offer and receive check. My request amount was $6000. These fools had the audacity to only offer an insulting $550. EXACTLY. Some BS. Then they have the nerve to charge a “Handling Fee” for the ridiculous amount they were loaning me they charge $97 out of that money leaving me only with $453 and expected payment of over $800 by March 5, 2019. This company a joke. Don’t use unless you like GIVING AWAY MONEY.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

This company is not what they say they are. They are nothing like what they advertise on TV. They approved me for a loan but not the loan that I requested for. Then they told me that this was a just for now and that I can request for additional funds but when I did they told me that their underwriters did not approve me and when I asked why they told me that they didn’t have that information to give me. How do you approve someone for less than $1000. Not what I asked for but turn around and tell me I’m not approved. Worse company ever. I should have gone to another company.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

I've been watching their commercials for at least 2 years. So finally, I decided to look them up online, fill out an application in hopes of getting funds to tide me over for a case that is about to go to trial. I get several e-mails with the same name from a particular woman's name (you can't e-mail back as it comes back 'undeliverable') that give very brief 'case updates' with NO info... This same woman tells me in two separate e-mails to 'contact your Attorney to tell them they have permission to speak with Oasis' which I did moments after filling out the application online anyway. 5 days later (as I've read in other reviews online by many other people) their mysterious underwriters can't approve anything (until my case apparently settles!?) So what the hell is the point in even applying?

They say your credit is not a factor, and most persons who are injured and out of work are financially in the hole and usually if they had good or great credit - it's now NOT so good and definitely NOT great so I suspect that Oasis ONLY really lends money to those who are actually in settlement negotiations, and they then discuss with your Attorney a figure the Attorney believes your case might settle for and only THEN does Oasis do anything! So, totally bogus and opposite what they say in the commercials to fool us all into applying so they CANNOT approve 99% of applicants and look for those who already HAVE a settlement (so why would those people stupidly want a loan then - from Oassis-). Notice the two s's? Or those who are absolutely guaranteed a settlement because it's been agreed to. As I've seen many say (especially on the BBB site) DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME...

Original review: April 19, 2018

I'm just trying to help out the next guy, please DON'T do business with this company!!! They will ** you for interest!! I had a pretty good case, which will take a few years to complete, but they refused to help out and allowed me to default on my loans. Please try another company.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2018

I borrowed 1000 dollars. In 5 months I had to pay 8000 dollars. This place is a ripoff. The best thing I can do is just wait for your settlement. I know it's hard but it's better than spending your money on interest.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

I was in a bad car wreck which enabled me to work. I sought to get a loan to cover some bills. Upon looking I ran across Oasis Financial, called and applied. Was first told I could receive my funds the same day, needless to say it was 6 days later when I would receive any funds. Most representatives want to make sure they are looking out for your best interest, not with Oasis Financial, I dealt with nothing but people who ran the same line to me when all I wanted to do is discuss my loan. I was told I couldn't talk to the accounts manager, they said one person was my case manager, come to find out he was my account manager. Wasn't informed about a near hundred dollar fee would be taken out my money till they got my Western Union tracking number.

Then I'm told I could have asked a woman I spoke to once who told me I was approved for $750 never went into detail about nothing. At this point I'm so lost and confused cause no one made me feel like a valued customer. I understand the amount I agreed to but all I wanted was someone to help me understand how this works, they took almost a week to review my case but couldn't take 5 seconds to let me know about the extra $100 that would come out my money? I've dealt with a lot of companies and this is by far the most unprofessional experience I've ever had. It's so much more to be said but I'm just another customer who needs assistance and Oasis Financial will assist you in hurting you rather than helping.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2016

Im extremely happy with service I received from the company. I recommend this place because they have great staff and want to help you to find the best. The purchase price was on point. Nothing less nothing more. Just right for the price and Im happy in the end of the day with the service. Great discounts here. I save money going there. It would probably cost much more if I went somewhere else for the service and I thank them for helping out. Additional fees was not that much plus I got a discount so Im set and happy with the whole service and it'll get them props for helping out.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2016

The service is great. I got to say I feel like they take so good of care of you. I was in and out like I don't even know and had everything done I needed. The price is out this world. I looked around and none compared these prices are spot on. So no need to look. The best price is right here so stop looking lol. I receive many discount based on many things. I love this. That is a reason why the price is so good. It good by itself but then it just gets better and better. The fees are so low you ain't got to worry. Trust me the turnover is completely worth it no matter how you look at it. Some may compete but get blew away.

Oasis Financial expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Recognized as one of the top legal funding businesses, Oasis Legal Finance is a national structured settlement and pre-settlement funding company has an overall philosophy that guides them in all their interactions. The first is to help claimants deal with financial instability to gain control of their lives once more, then be trustworthy and open so clients can make an educated decision, and finally to remember the client’s dignity so discussions can be respectful and built on understanding.

• Types of claims covered: Oasis Legal Finance funds personal injury cases, such as auto accidents, worker’s comp and premises negligence.

• Cash advance amount: Generally, you can get financed between $500-$100,000; however, your case’s strength may allow you to receive more.

• Timeline: On average, the approval process takes 48 hours and, if approved, you can receive financing the same day.

• Best for: This company is best if you are looking for a meticulous, direct firm specifically geared for pre-settlement funding.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs