5.0/5 (20 ratings)
Author picture
Written by Justin Martino
Edited by Jon Bortin

About National Gold Group

National Gold Group works with customers to help them diversify their investment portfolios with precious metal IRAs. The company sells gold, silver, platinum and palladium — all IRS-approved metals — and has a minimum investment of $10,000. National Gold Group both buys and sells precious metals, which helps it alert clients when it might be time to reposition their investments.

Pros

• Sells all IRS-approved precious metals
  • Buys and sells precious metals
  • Sells collectible precious metals

Cons

• $10,000 minimum investment

Bottom Line

National Gold Group sells precious metal IRAs and has a minimum investment of $10,000. First-year fees for new clients total $99, but the company waives fees for a specific number of years if you make a larger investment.

Gold and other precious metal IRAs are an investment and carry risk. Consumers should be alert to claims that customers can make a lot of money in these or any investment with little risk. As with any investment, you can lose money and past performance is not a guarantee of future performance results. Consumers should also obtain a clear understanding of the fees associated with any investment before agreeing to invest.

What is National Gold Group?

National Gold Group sells precious metals and helps customers set up gold IRAs and other precious metal IRAs. The company was founded in 2021 and is a member of several professional organizations, including the American Numismatic Association.

According to the company, its representatives never tell customers what they should buy — instead, they prefer to take a consultative approach to help you decide which metals would be the best fit for your portfolio.

Currently, National Gold Group does not have a lot of specific information on its website, but you can call the company to speak to a representative and learn more.

How does National Gold Group work?

National Gold Group has a quick application to start a precious metals IRA on its website, but you must call the company to complete your application. Once your application is complete, you must fund the account.

When your account is funded, National Gold Group’s advisors help you select precious metals to place in your precious metal IRA — the company sells gold, silver, platinum and palladium. You must make a minimum investment of $10,000.

IRS regulations require precious metal IRAs must be stored at an approved depository, but National Gold Group also sells collectible metals you can store at home.

National Gold Group costs

New National Gold Group clients pay $99 in fees for the first year, but the company waives some of its fees if you make a larger deposit.

1. Fees are waived for the first year if you make a $25,000 deposit.
  2. Fees are waived for five years if you make a $100,000 deposit.

The company does not waive fees for accounts that invest in bars of precious metals.

National Gold Group FAQ

What metals does National Gold Group sell?
National Gold Group sells gold, silver, platinum and palladium bullion, coins and bars that have been approved by the IRS for precious metal IRAs. The company also sells collectible precious metals you can store at home.
Does National Gold Group have a minimum investment requirement?
Yes, National Gold Group requires a minimum startup investment of $10,000.
Does National Gold Group provide ongoing customer support?
Yes, the company states that it prides itself on strong customer service, and its representatives alert clients to changes in the market that might require them to reposition their investments.

Is National Gold Group legit?

National Gold Group was founded in 2021 and is a relative newcomer to the precious metals IRA market, but the company’s dedication to customer service and selection of precious metals makes it worth checking out. The company states its representatives work as consultants, which is good if you have some knowledge of what you want to purchase but would prefer to work with an advisor on final decisions.

National Gold Group Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about National Gold Group?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about National Gold Group?

Original review: May 10, 2022

When I decided to look into purchasing Silver, I did some research online and found National Gold Group had raving reviews from their clients. So I decided to give them a call and see if they would be a good fit. My personal experience exceeded my expectations. They were very well organized and explained what would occur from start to finish. My account representative, David, was so helpful and patient - but honestly each individual I dealt with was friendly, outgoing and very professional. When the time came to make my purchase, I was given choices and explained in detail the advantages of each option that was offered to me. I would highly recommend National Gold Group to anyone looking to buy gold and silver. Very pleasant experience. Thank you!!

Get buying tips about Gold IRA Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 12, 2022

I had very little experience in purchasing precious metals, but my online research of your company gave me confidence to contact National Gold Group. ** called me back in short order and I was very impressed with his knowledge of IRA transfers, how to purchase precious metals, and what would be best for my situation at present. NGG make this transaction very simple and easy. I can tell McGaughy truly cares for my wellbeing. McGaughy guided me through the simple process to reach my goals. Well done. I highly recommend McGaughy and National Gold Group to anyone who asks me about purchasing precious metals.

Original review: April 7, 2022

After much consideration I decided I wanted to buy gold and silver. As a complete novice I wanted to work with an established and reputable company. Naturally I had a lot of questions. I did some research online and contacted National Gold Group. I spoke with Michael, he took the time to answer my questions and explain the options available to me. After our discussion I felt comfortable enough to move forward and make my purchase. Michael was great in explaining all of it to me. My overall experience was very straight forward and easier than I thought. This was my first purchase, I have plans of buying more and National Gold Group will certainly be the firm I use for any future purchases. Thanks Michael.

Original review: April 2, 2022

I am new to investing in precious metals. Senior Account Executive Michael ** provided an education on types of investments and why they appreciate differently in value. I spoke with other companies, too, but they seemed more interested in telling me what they knew rather than helping me understand. I am investing personal, not retirement funds, which has different rules. I did not have a very large investment but Derek treated me respectfully and went out of his way to make sure I was taken care of. I may never be a large investor for National Gold Group, but I will be an investor for life.

Original review: March 31, 2022

I have to say I get a lot of cold calls from people in the gold and stock markets and dismiss most of them after a couple of minutes for various reasons. However, this call was different. Matthew was not only friendly but sincerely friendly, knowledgeable and very pleasant to talk to. I sensed he has a very positive aura about himself and wound up speaking to him for 20 minutes. Nothing was rushed, forced and no heavy sales pitch. Above all Matt had an extensive knowledge as to what he was speaking about. I enjoyed the discussing the possibilities using precious metals to perhaps fund my retirement. I highly recommend Matthew ** and look forward to seeing where this goes.

Original review: May 10, 2022

Working with David ** and all of his National Gold Group associates was very easy and informative. David thoroughly explained, in detail, all the questions I had regarding moving my old 401k into a precious metals IRA. They were professional and easy to deal with, I look forward to working with them again. I'll recommend National Gold Group to all my friends and anyone looking to shore up their portfolio with precious metals.

Original review: May 4, 2022

Matthew’s knowledge of precious metals has been extremely helpful. Matthew gave me the background of gold & silver, took his time explaining the process and answered all my questions. After talking with him during my initial meeting, I was so impressed I asked him to be my rep for all of my acquisitions and have been very happy with that decision.

Original review: April 19, 2022

These guys are great. If you want to have a no stress purchase. It was the 1st time and a lot of money for me and they helped me out and I will buy from them again. They were so nice I invited them both to my place for fishing.

Original review: April 13, 2022

I constantly hear advertisements by companies to buy gold. I always found a "hitch" or hidden charges. National Gold Group was referred by a colleague, and I decided to take the plunge. I could not have been more pleased with this company. Their professionalism exceeded my expectations. My agent David was extremely informative, and service was courteous and efficient. At every stage of the transaction, immediate follow-up was provided. Great company and great experience!!!

Original review: April 12, 2022

The team at National Gold is excellent. Superb client service. My experience with a staff member named Michael ** was great. He answered all my questions. New to the metals market, I did a lot of research beforehand as a potential investor. Michael was extremely knowledgeable in explaining what my ROI would look like. He laid out every detail of the investment process. I walked away clear about what would happen from making an initial investment into metals along with the shipping process. I would highly recommend Michael and his team to anyone looking to invest in metals.

National Gold Group Company Information