5.0/5 (24 ratings)
Author picture
Written by Justin Martino
Edited by Jon Bortin

About National Gold Group

National Gold Group works with customers to help them diversify their investment portfolios with precious metal IRAs. The company sells gold, silver, platinum and palladium — all IRS-approved metals — and has a minimum investment of $10,000. National Gold Group both buys and sells precious metals, which helps it alert clients when it might be time to reposition their investments.

Pros

• Sells all IRS-approved precious metals
  • Buys and sells precious metals
  • Sells collectible precious metals

Cons

• $10,000 minimum investment

Bottom Line

National Gold Group sells precious metal IRAs and has a minimum investment of $10,000. First-year fees for new clients total $99, but the company waives fees for a specific number of years if you make a larger investment.

Gold and other precious metal IRAs are an investment and carry risk. Consumers should be alert to claims that customers can make a lot of money in these or any investment with little risk. As with any investment, you can lose money and past performance is not a guarantee of future performance results. Consumers should also obtain a clear understanding of the fees associated with any investment before agreeing to invest.

What is National Gold Group?

National Gold Group sells precious metals and helps customers set up gold IRAs and other precious metal IRAs. The company was founded in 2021 and is a member of several professional organizations, including the American Numismatic Association.

According to the company, its representatives never tell customers what they should buy — instead, they prefer to take a consultative approach to help you decide which metals would be the best fit for your portfolio.

Currently, National Gold Group does not have a lot of specific information on its website, but you can call the company to speak to a representative and learn more.

How does National Gold Group work?

National Gold Group has a quick application to start a precious metals IRA on its website, but you must call the company to complete your application. Once your application is complete, you must fund the account.

When your account is funded, National Gold Group’s advisors help you select precious metals to place in your precious metal IRA — the company sells gold, silver, platinum and palladium. You must make a minimum investment of $10,000.

IRS regulations require precious metal IRAs must be stored at an approved depository, but National Gold Group also sells collectible metals you can store at home.

National Gold Group costs

New National Gold Group clients pay $99 in fees for the first year, but the company waives some of its fees if you make a larger deposit.

1. Fees are waived for the first year if you make a $25,000 deposit.
  2. Fees are waived for five years if you make a $100,000 deposit.

The company does not waive fees for accounts that invest in bars of precious metals.

National Gold Group FAQ

What metals does National Gold Group sell?
National Gold Group sells gold, silver, platinum and palladium bullion, coins and bars that have been approved by the IRS for precious metal IRAs. The company also sells collectible precious metals you can store at home.
Does National Gold Group have a minimum investment requirement?
Yes, National Gold Group requires a minimum startup investment of $10,000.
Does National Gold Group provide ongoing customer support?
Yes, the company states that it prides itself on strong customer service, and its representatives alert clients to changes in the market that might require them to reposition their investments.

Is National Gold Group legit?

National Gold Group was founded in 2021 and is a relative newcomer to the precious metals IRA market, but the company’s dedication to customer service and selection of precious metals makes it worth checking out. The company states its representatives work as consultants, which is good if you have some knowledge of what you want to purchase but would prefer to work with an advisor on final decisions.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about National Gold Group?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about National Gold Group?

Original review: Sept. 14, 2022

I am giving this review to speak on the excellent service that the National Gold Group with Account Executive Matthew ** gave me in purchasing my Silver. This was my first purchase the process happen over a course of 7 months. I first contacted National Gold Group just to get some information about Gold and Silver. Mr. ** guided me to make my first purchase with patience, providing the information I needed and taking the time to make sure that I was well informed. Mr. ** answer my questions and helped me to build a strategy going forward in metal purchases. I am very satisfied with the National Gold Group and will be doing more transaction with them, thank you.

Get buying tips about Gold IRA Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 10, 2022

When I decided to look into purchasing Silver, I did some research online and found National Gold Group had raving reviews from their clients. So I decided to give them a call and see if they would be a good fit. My personal experience exceeded my expectations. They were very well organized and explained what would occur from start to finish. My account representative, David, was so helpful and patient - but honestly each individual I dealt with was friendly, outgoing and very professional. When the time came to make my purchase, I was given choices and explained in detail the advantages of each option that was offered to me. I would highly recommend National Gold Group to anyone looking to buy gold and silver. Very pleasant experience. Thank you!!

Original review: April 7, 2022

After much consideration I decided I wanted to buy gold and silver. As a complete novice I wanted to work with an established and reputable company. Naturally I had a lot of questions. I did some research online and contacted National Gold Group. I spoke with Michael, he took the time to answer my questions and explain the options available to me. After our discussion I felt comfortable enough to move forward and make my purchase. Michael was great in explaining all of it to me. My overall experience was very straight forward and easier than I thought. This was my first purchase, I have plans of buying more and National Gold Group will certainly be the firm I use for any future purchases. Thanks Michael.

Original review: April 2, 2022

I am new to investing in precious metals. Senior Account Executive Michael ** provided an education on types of investments and why they appreciate differently in value. I spoke with other companies, too, but they seemed more interested in telling me what they knew rather than helping me understand. I am investing personal, not retirement funds, which has different rules. I did not have a very large investment but Derek treated me respectfully and went out of his way to make sure I was taken care of. I may never be a large investor for National Gold Group, but I will be an investor for life.

Original review: March 31, 2022

I have to say I get a lot of cold calls from people in the gold and stock markets and dismiss most of them after a couple of minutes for various reasons. However, this call was different. Matthew was not only friendly but sincerely friendly, knowledgeable and very pleasant to talk to. I sensed he has a very positive aura about himself and wound up speaking to him for 20 minutes. Nothing was rushed, forced and no heavy sales pitch. Above all Matt had an extensive knowledge as to what he was speaking about. I enjoyed the discussing the possibilities using precious metals to perhaps fund my retirement. I highly recommend Matthew ** and look forward to seeing where this goes.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2022

I couldn't be happier with my investment. Dave and Pam was extremely patient with me not making me feel as if they just wanted to make a sale. They are bringing you into a family. I highly recommend The Nation Gold Group if you want to invest in precious metals.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2022

Purchased several times from them, very professional, call back on every occasion, very informative of what I want to purchase, am a first time investor, they guided me thru every aspect of being a gold investor, I have referred them to several of my friends and clients.

Original review: May 26, 2022

After speaking with several representatives from several other companies, it became clear that National Gold Group was the right company to work with. David does an excellent job of listening to the customer and gives great insight that has allowed us to create a game plan to help us achieve our goals. There was never any pressure to make purchases that are not in my best interest. Transparency is a key component of their customer service.

Original review: May 10, 2022

Working with David ** and all of his National Gold Group associates was very easy and informative. David thoroughly explained, in detail, all the questions I had regarding moving my old 401k into a precious metals IRA. They were professional and easy to deal with, I look forward to working with them again. I'll recommend National Gold Group to all my friends and anyone looking to shore up their portfolio with precious metals.

Original review: May 4, 2022

Matthew’s knowledge of precious metals has been extremely helpful. Matthew gave me the background of gold & silver, took his time explaining the process and answered all my questions. After talking with him during my initial meeting, I was so impressed I asked him to be my rep for all of my acquisitions and have been very happy with that decision.

National Gold Group Company Information