5.0/5 (30 ratings)
Author picture
Written by
Edited by

About National Gold Group

National Gold Group works with customers to help them diversify their investment portfolios with precious metal IRAs. The company sells gold, silver, platinum and palladium — all IRS-approved metals — and has a minimum investment of $10,000. National Gold Group both buys and sells precious metals, which helps it alert clients when it might be time to reposition their investments.

Pros

• Sells all IRS-approved precious metals
  • Buys and sells precious metals
  • Sells collectible precious metals

Cons

• $10,000 minimum investment

Bottom Line

National Gold Group sells precious metal IRAs and has a minimum investment of $10,000. First-year fees for new clients total $99, but the company waives fees for a specific number of years if you make a larger investment.

Gold and other precious metal IRAs are an investment and carry risk. Consumers should be alert to claims that customers can make a lot of money in these or any investment with little risk. As with any investment, you can lose money and past performance is not a guarantee of future performance results. Consumers should also obtain a clear understanding of the fees associated with any investment before agreeing to invest.

What is National Gold Group?

National Gold Group sells precious metals and helps customers set up gold IRAs and other precious metal IRAs. The company was founded in 2021 and is a member of several professional organizations, including the American Numismatic Association.

According to the company, its representatives never tell customers what they should buy — instead, they prefer to take a consultative approach to help you decide which metals would be the best fit for your portfolio.

Currently, National Gold Group does not have a lot of specific information on its website, but you can call the company to speak to a representative and learn more.

How does National Gold Group work?

National Gold Group has a quick application to start a precious metals IRA on its website, but you must call the company to complete your application. Once your application is complete, you must fund the account.

When your account is funded, National Gold Group’s advisors help you select precious metals to place in your precious metal IRA — the company sells gold, silver, platinum and palladium. You must make a minimum investment of $10,000.

IRS regulations require precious metal IRAs must be stored at an approved depository, but National Gold Group also sells collectible metals you can store at home.

National Gold Group costs

New National Gold Group clients pay $99 in fees for the first year, but the company waives some of its fees if you make a larger deposit.

1. Fees are waived for the first year if you make a $25,000 deposit.
  2. Fees are waived for five years if you make a $100,000 deposit.

The company does not waive fees for accounts that invest in bars of precious metals.

National Gold Group FAQ

What metals does National Gold Group sell?
National Gold Group sells gold, silver, platinum and palladium bullion, coins and bars that have been approved by the IRS for precious metal IRAs. The company also sells collectible precious metals you can store at home.
Does National Gold Group have a minimum investment requirement?
Yes, National Gold Group requires a minimum startup investment of $10,000.
Does National Gold Group provide ongoing customer support?
Yes, the company states that it prides itself on strong customer service, and its representatives alert clients to changes in the market that might require them to reposition their investments.

Is National Gold Group legit?

National Gold Group was founded in 2021 and is a relative newcomer to the precious metals IRA market, but the company’s dedication to customer service and selection of precious metals makes it worth checking out. The company states its representatives work as consultants, which is good if you have some knowledge of what you want to purchase but would prefer to work with an advisor on final decisions.

National Gold Group Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about National Gold Group?

Original review: Nov. 17, 2022

David was outstanding to work with and had been in discussion with him for a year. He checked in at my convenience and never put pressure but always kept me informed of current market conditions and changes that could affect my purchase. I had huge life changes in the past year and he was so respectful and considerate during this time. He was so well informed and considered all of my personal concerns from an investment perspective. He truly takes the time to ensure you are comfortable with your decision to purchase precious metals and also understanding all of the options available. His handling of the transaction and all the details was outstanding.

Get buying tips about Gold IRA Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2022

I am giving this review to speak on the excellent service that the National Gold Group with Account Executive Matthew ** gave me in purchasing my Silver. This was my first purchase the process happen over a course of 7 months. I first contacted National Gold Group just to get some information about Gold and Silver. Mr. ** guided me to make my first purchase with patience, providing the information I needed and taking the time to make sure that I was well informed. Mr. ** answer my questions and helped me to build a strategy going forward in metal purchases. I am very satisfied with the National Gold Group and will be doing more transaction with them, thank you.

Original review: May 10, 2022

When I decided to look into purchasing Silver, I did some research online and found National Gold Group had raving reviews from their clients. So I decided to give them a call and see if they would be a good fit. My personal experience exceeded my expectations. They were very well organized and explained what would occur from start to finish. My account representative, David, was so helpful and patient - but honestly each individual I dealt with was friendly, outgoing and very professional. When the time came to make my purchase, I was given choices and explained in detail the advantages of each option that was offered to me. I would highly recommend National Gold Group to anyone looking to buy gold and silver. Very pleasant experience. Thank you!!

Original review: April 7, 2022

After much consideration I decided I wanted to buy gold and silver. As a complete novice I wanted to work with an established and reputable company. Naturally I had a lot of questions. I did some research online and contacted National Gold Group. I spoke with Michael, he took the time to answer my questions and explain the options available to me. After our discussion I felt comfortable enough to move forward and make my purchase. Michael was great in explaining all of it to me. My overall experience was very straight forward and easier than I thought. This was my first purchase, I have plans of buying more and National Gold Group will certainly be the firm I use for any future purchases. Thanks Michael.

Original review: March 31, 2022

I have to say I get a lot of cold calls from people in the gold and stock markets and dismiss most of them after a couple of minutes for various reasons. However, this call was different. Matthew was not only friendly but sincerely friendly, knowledgeable and very pleasant to talk to. I sensed he has a very positive aura about himself and wound up speaking to him for 20 minutes. Nothing was rushed, forced and no heavy sales pitch. Above all Matt had an extensive knowledge as to what he was speaking about. I enjoyed the discussing the possibilities using precious metals to perhaps fund my retirement. I highly recommend Matthew ** and look forward to seeing where this goes.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2023

I spoke with Mr. David of National Gold Group today. He was very knowledgeable about the industry. He helped me diversify my portfolio in a smart and effective way to serve both of my small businesses. I highly recommend National Gold Group, and again a special thank you to David for helping me to secure my financial future.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2022

Hello, I hadn't bought any gold or silver before. Dave and Pam at NATIONAL GOLD GROUP explained all my options and made me feel comfortable with my purchase. I shopped around and National Gold Group had the best prices and they are a pleasure to work with.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2022

Dave is FANTASTIC!!!! I'm so glad I chose to work with him at National Gold Group. He made it very easy, explaining everything step by step. The fact that he was transparent about fees, unlike others and very upfront; made me feel comfortable. I definitely recommend working with Dave and his team at National Gold Group!! Some of the best customer service I've received!

Original review: Nov. 14, 2022

After speaking with Sonia, we knew that we were working not only with a great company but an extremely knowledgeable and trustworthy precious metals broker. No pressure, along with direct and precise answers to all of our questions. She broke down perfectly how precious metals fit in our investment strategy. If you're looking to protect your retirement account and invest in something with a valuable return I would without a doubt recommend placing your trust in National Gold Group to guide you along the way.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2022

National Gold Group is a phenomenal company I deal with the lady named Sonia and all I can say is that they are so thorough at what they do they make sure that the customer is getting everything that they need. Up until the time your precious metals are sent to you they keep in touch with you at all times and most of all the customer service is phenomenal. I would definitely recommend this company to my family and friends.

National Gold Group Company Information