Struggling with Credit Card Debt?

Get relief and reduce what you owe

Debt Relief Options
1.21/5

Midland Mortgage

Struggling with Credit Card Debt?

Get relief and reduce what you owe

Debt Relief Options

132 Midland Mortgage Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

When I got laid off from my job in 2016 I called my mortgage company, (Midland Mortgage) customer service was so helpful and understanding. They didn't hesitate to assist me in refinance my HOME. I got the paperwork within a week, filled out the paperwork and the rest is history.

Original review: July 17, 2018

My mortgage was sold to Midland Mortgage, and it was the worst and most expensive thing that could have happened with the bill. First, they are not a lender, so despite having overpaid every month for 9 years, I was not able to refinance the loan with them. Fair enough, they are not a lender, but I took out my original mortgage with a local lender in part because of the options for easy refinance. Second, when I paid off my loan, I wired them $48,000. When I called 48 hours later to ensure that the money had been accepted, the representative told me (and I QUOTE, I will never forget this) "I have no idea where your money is." Not "it is still processing" or "this is a question for another department." A mortgage company telling me that they LOST $48k of my money is TERRIFYING.

Lastly (there are plenty more examples of terrible service, incorrect escrow statements, late fees for on-time automatic payments, etc, but I won't bore you) I am trying now, 3 years later, to get the bank release that was never sent. I was told it would take 3-5 business days for the fax to arrive. Five business days later, not there. Was told that the NEXT day was 5 business days because the first day doesn't count. (Like, called on Monday at 9 am, Tuesday doesn't count?) Called the next day, was told it would actually be 5-7 business days. "To send a 1 page fax?" Yes. And, "if the fax doesn't arrive call back and we will try to resolve the issue."

They don't even have faith in THEMSELVES that they can properly send a fax within 7 business days. We will see tomorrow if the fax is there, I am not holding my breath. A mortgage is often the single-most expensive and stressful loan an individual will take out. I would not wish this company's rude, disorganized, and callous service on my worst enemy. I would not ALLOW a friend to use them. I hope this review steers people away from them - they are not worth it.

Original review: July 17, 2018

Midland took my mortgage over from Citi and have been fantastic to deal with for many years. They don’t harass me when I am late because they know I WILL be making a monthly payment. Easiest account I have. :) Highly recommend!!!

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

We have been trying to get approved for a short sale or deed in lieu of foreclosure for 2 months. All the documentation was submitted and approved. Then a week later a letters tells me we are no longer approved because of a lack of communication. I have written them letters, emailed the delinquency assistance center, as well as contacted the vice president. They will not communicate back. I am okay with them foreclosing. Our house was rented out and vandalized. We want to sell it to be able to pay most of the remaining loan balance but if they don't want to communicate with me, it will be their financial loss. They are a headache.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2018

I've been living in my home approximately 18 yrs, and after 18 years of living at my current address it is being told to me that I still owe on my home which was under $40,000. My husband is a veteran who is now disabled and ill as well as myself disabled and ill. At this current time I'm trying to figure out why is it that I'm still being held accountable for $36,000 when during the time of the purchase in 1999 the house was $38,000. Doing several conversations with Midland Mortgage I've asked certain questions concerning the purchases and the payments of my home but never can get a direct answer always receiving indirect answer. He recently I've received threatening letters stating that whatever finances I may receive from wherever I receive them from if I do not do the proper thing with the money.

I will be brought up on criminal charges and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Who does this to a family that has been in business with them for almost 20 years. At this present time I'm still confused on how we became customers of Midland Mortgage. At the time of my purchase of my home I was with Central Mortgage Company. I have no clue of what transpired and how I wind up with Midland Mortgage. Throughout the past 18 years of dealing with Mortgage. My mortgage has fluctuated on several different occasions and now at the present time I'm still being charged for a home that has been already paid for. At this present time I am trying to get help on trying to figure out who would I need to contact pertaining to the issues at hand about my home.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Midland Mortgage?

Original review: Jan. 13, 2018

I was off work for six months, and the people working with me were incredible. Deferred payments and ultimately a workout plan when I was once again employed. Always courteous, empathetic and professional. I've been in the mortgage business for over thirty years and this group is outstanding.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

Submitted property damage and insurance check to Midland. That was 3 months ago and still have not received check to repair hole in roof. Had to submit contractor's bid to them at least 5 times. They finally sent me letter saying I can expect the check in 8 to 10 days. That was over a month ago. Calling them is fruitless. They lie about sending check just to get you off the phone. I can’t believe they deal with people’s money. It is winter, and I have a hole in my roof. I have lost my contractor. It is too late in the year for repairs. All because they have held my check. I am refusing to make another payment.

I will give them back this house so they can eat what money is left to pay. I assure them it is more than the insurance check is. The funny thing is they are holding MY insurance money I personally paid into my insurance company. This isn’t even their money they are holding. Sometimes you need to take drastic action (moving out) to bring it to attention. WARNING. Do not deal with this mortgage company!!! You will be sorry.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

Having all of these negative reviews doesn't seem to matter to Midland Mortgage. Mortgages get sold to them and the property owners don't have a clue what they are going to be subjected to. Refinancing isn't affordable by many so we're stuck and they know it. I'm going to post this anyway. Maybe it will benefit someone. First and foremost every Midland Mortgage representative I have talked to has been rude, condescending and treats you like your sole purpose is to swindle them to get money. They are also extremely inconsistent and unorganized. It is so frustrating!!!

I had roof damage after hail and high wind storms ripped through the area around the 4th of July. I felt that State Farm responded pretty quickly considering there were lots of homes damaged during this time. They issued a check to me the same day the adjuster came. It was made out to me, my husband and Midland Mortgage. I called MM to ask about the process for getting it endorsed. This is where all went downhill. They gave me a list of required documentation and told me it would take 4-10 business days to process. As instructed, I provided everything as scanned documents attached to an email. Waited to hear something but never did so I called again... they said they never got it. On 8/8 I sent copies via US Postal service, 2 day priority. I was told that if I included a check for $10, when funds were approved, they would send the endorsed check back to me via overnight mail. So I included a $10 check.

Waited to hear something but never did so I called again. By the way, the $10 check posted to my bank account 3 days after I sent it so I KNOW they received my info. During all this time, I received letters requesting the same documents or saying they are missing something all of which are delaying the process. I also got a threatening letter telling me about how I have to notify them of progress of repairs and how I must get an inspection (one of their inspectors) of the work done before the final insurance funds would be approved. I was being treated like I was a criminal yet I had done nothing wrong. I didn't even have work started, yet. I was waiting for the insurance funds. 9/1 (21 business days from the day the $10 check posted in my bank) I called to find out the status. The endorsed insurance check had been sent via regular mail and I should allow 5 days to get it.

Really? Oklahoma City to Lubbock, Texas takes 5 days?!?! And I paid $10 to have it sent overnight! Though she did acknowledge that it should have been sent overnight, she did not have an answer for how or why it wasn't and did not offer to even look into the matter or make it right, give me credit... nothing. By this time my contractor left me for other paying jobs. Then we had a lot more rain... more delays. I was worried about having even more damage to my roof. I did eventually get the check and hired roofers. My house had a new roof on 9/12 and I called MM the next day to have it inspected. I needed to get the rest of the insurance funds to finish paying the roofers. A week later someone from MM called and left a message instructing me to schedule the inspection.

I was given a name and phone number to call. I called for a solid 3 days and only got his voicemail. I ended up scraping together enough money to pay the roofers what I owed out of pocket which I really could not afford. I called MM again. Finally an inspector came to my house on 10/2. But guess what? MM never informed State Farm the inspection was done/passed so the remaining funds were not released. Today, 10/12 I called State Farm myself. I should get a check from State Farm tomorrow. It will be payable to me, my husband AND Midland Mortgage. Here we go again. I'd say wish me luck but I know what I'm in for.

One other thing that happened a while back - when we decided to disconnect our phone landline, we didn't notify MM. I guess they tried to call for some reason and got the disconnected message. They sent us a letter stating that they had the right to demand payment in full if we did not provide them with a current phone number. The letter said that without a phone number, they could not verify we occupied the property and therefore, we were in breach of contract. I gave them my cellphone number. And how does that verify I occupy the property? I still don't understand why they didn't just ask for a current phone number.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2017

I just called Midland about 2 payments we're behind on. We pay every month but missed a payment in December & May due to illness. We've tried every way possible to work this out with them & it's insane. So, moving forward... We are in a State of Emergency as we go thru day FIVE of Hurricane Harvey. We live in Galveston County, TX. I asked if those 2 payments could be added at the end of our loan & they said no because we weren't in a hurricane in December, only ill! These people are rude. I've never liked their attitudes. Our acct is with them ONLY because it was SOLD to them WITHOUT US KNOWING BEFOREHAND!!!

I am disabled for 10 yrs now & my husband retired. It's not that we can't afford our payment... The amount is fine... We just had added medical expenses & missed 2 payments in a 10 YEAR period. Wow. 2 payments missed in 10 years! There was NO compassion in Savannah's voice. I asked her did she want me to step outside so she could HEAR the winds & rain. These people are impossible! I truly hope that these 2 payments keep Midland Mortgage above water! How ironic... Above water... Exactly what we're trying to do as I send this review!!!

Original review: July 27, 2017

When we bought our home in 2003, the mortgage company that held our note was Countrywide. In the crash (and subsequent demise of Country Wide) of 2008, Midland Mortgage bought and took over our note. We were making regular, timely mortgage payments when in 2012, my wife lost her job and was unemployed looking for work for almost a year. When it became difficult to make the payments, we contacted Midland to ask if we could get into the HARP program. Midland responded that we weren't delinquent, so we didn't qualify for it. They advised to hold payment for 90 days, and then call them back at the 90 day point. Sounded strange, I'll admit, but hey, this was our lender telling us to do this. So we followed their instructions.

At day 89, we called, only to be told that they don't participate in the HARP program. The next week we received notice by certified mail of their intent to foreclose. We contacted an attorney that day, and filed for bankruptcy to protect the house. Now, 5 years later, I discover (since they refused to communicate with me, only my attorney, and he was a black hole) that I am going into Discharge, that they claim they never received the May 2015 payment. I KNOW I sent it, but they claim to have never received it.

Midland Mortgage Company Information