Struggling with Credit Card Debt?

Get relief and reduce what you owe

Debt Relief Options
1.21/5

Midland Mortgage

Struggling with Credit Card Debt?

Get relief and reduce what you owe

Debt Relief Options

Midland Mortgage Reviews

Original review: July 27, 2017

When we bought our home in 2003, the mortgage company that held our note was Countrywide. In the crash (and subsequent demise of Country Wide) of 2008, Midland Mortgage bought and took over our note. We were making regular, timely mortgage payments when in 2012, my wife lost her job and was unemployed looking for work for almost a year. When it became difficult to make the payments, we contacted Midland to ask if we could get into the HARP program. Midland responded that we weren't delinquent, so we didn't qualify for it. They advised to hold payment for 90 days, and then call them back at the 90 day point. Sounded strange, I'll admit, but hey, this was our lender telling us to do this. So we followed their instructions.

At day 89, we called, only to be told that they don't participate in the HARP program. The next week we received notice by certified mail of their intent to foreclose. We contacted an attorney that day, and filed for bankruptcy to protect the house. Now, 5 years later, I discover (since they refused to communicate with me, only my attorney, and he was a black hole) that I am going into Discharge, that they claim they never received the May 2015 payment. I KNOW I sent it, but they claim to have never received it.

Original review: May 13, 2017

We got our house in 2008 and after our loan was sold to Midland Mortgage Company it went downhill. I did lose my job and they would not help us so we borrowed $ and after we did never heard anything else until we got a foreclosure letter. We tried showing them we were up on the payment. They said nope, knowing we did not have the funds to fight it in court after you go through options. We lost our home, 2 years this July, why are they even still in business. I don't understand how they can be this bad tacking people's homes and money and nothing is being done.

Original review: April 13, 2017

Due to threats from Midland Financial I filed for bankruptcy. Midland received a judgement against me which lead to the bankruptcy. In the bankruptcy the debts were discharged, years later I now find that Midland had placed a lien against my home. Nothing like circumventing the consumer laws. Midland is bound by a federal judge's order and they take it upon themselves to violate a court order. Where is my protection from them?

Original review: March 2, 2017

Newsflash!! Along with everything else Midland is doing. It is also stealing its customer's Escrow Account if there is a positive balance when the account is transferred over to them. They continue to deny receiving $5,200.00 on my behalf and claim that my escrow account had a "negative" balance. Any dummy knows that a negative sign in front of any number is equal to a credit. The statement given to me by the prior loan holder clearly shows a credit balance on the statement and being turned over to the new lender. Check your statements! Keep all of your paperwork from your old lender! I can wonder how many other people has had their escrow monies stolen from them by Midland!!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2017

Our house (rental property) was vandalized in July 2016. Check from the Insurance Company was signed and sent it over to Midland Mortgage in September. Representatives at the mortgage company were inconsistent in what they conveyed. Their system could not even download PDF files. We have left messages for supervisor and it appears they don't care. After 2 months of back and forth with Midland Mortgage several times, the check of 1/3 amount was received from them by the end of November. By then the contractor left us.

We started all over again and waiting for the reissued check now. We are paying mortgage every month and the house is not in a shape to have occupancy. For getting the mortgage payment in case if it crosses 15th of the month Midland Mortgage will call to remind without fail but very poor service in taking care of their responsibility. We are still waiting for the check from Midland Mortgage and it is 6 months passed the vandalism.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Midland Mortgage?

Original review: Nov. 9, 2016

My house was flooded in August 2016. My insurance company had a check in my hand in 4 weeks. I signed it over to Midland Mortgage. It's been 7 weeks and I haven't gotten the 1st draft from them. I have given them every piece of information they have requested more than 5 times. I have called and called and called and no one can help me because it's being processed, or it takes 10-20 days for it to get into their paperless system, or it takes 10-20 days for the mail to arrive in Oklahoma from Louisiana. They must have 100's of scripted lines of crap!!!! My mortgage is current and I am paying $1,000 in rent every month. My contractor has been ready for 5 weeks now and still nothing! I emailed my local tv stations today. I take it back, I emailed ALL of my local stations!!!

Original review: Nov. 2, 2016

My son has a loan through Midland. He is 60 days behind in his payments due medical bills. He has not been able to make the back payments, but does pay every month, so not to get any further behind. He was told that as long as he doesn't get 90 days behind that he would not go into foreclosure, which he is not. Two days ago he got a letter from Midland Mortgage asking him to contact a foreclosure attorney. Also, they did not accept his last payment and returned it, which now puts him 90 days behind. I feel this is a very shady way to get his home, which has a lot of equity in it. He has been told, unless he pays all the back payments he goes into foreclosure. Somehow he will manage to do that, but I will advise him to find another mortgage ASAP. In the past I worked for a mortgage company, and I'm glad to say they did not use such unfair tactics to acquire someone's home.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2016

I own a roofing and home improvement business. One of the things we do is help people through the insurance claim process when it comes to damage caused by weather or falling debris. When a homeowner has an insurance claim on a property in which they have a mortgage, the benefit check is made payable jointly to both the Homeowner and the Mortgage Company. Most of the time this is not a problem... unless Midland has your mortgage.

I have had the unfortunate task of having to deal with Midland on a customer's behalf. In a current instance State Farm paid for a total roof replacement as well as some interior damage caused by the damaged and leaking roof. The claim was made AND settled by State Farm on June 3, 2016 and the customer received a check for the full amount of their damages ($21,500.00) less homeowner's deductible ($2,500.00). Customer received check for $19,000.00 made payable to them and Midland. Midland required standard documentation from my company which we provided and sent along with the check to them (Midland) so they would endorse it.

Now, normally, the mortgage companies simply endorse the check and return it to the homeowner. In THIS case Midland has held on to the $19,000.00 check since June 6, 2016 the date they received it. Yesterday, 09/06/2016, Midland finally sent a portion of the money ($ 12,250.00), back to the homeowner to pay for the commencement of the work.

The unethical thing is this, Midland has had the benefit of earning interest on the customer's money for almost 90 days. In addition, the homeowner has suffered additional damage to the interior of their home because the roof wasn't replaced and subsequent storms (in south Louisiana) really did a number on the roof. Now, I will have to do the work for the customer and probably have to wait another 3 months to get Midland to release the balance of the $19,000.00. MIDLAND MORTGAGE SUCKS!

Original review: Aug. 2, 2016

MY loan was originated with Irwin Mortgage. Several years ago they closed and transferred the servicing to Midland Mortgage. At the beginning they seemed like a great company to deal with and very knowledgeable. However that all quickly changed. In June of 2013 I found out I was going to lose my job working for another mortgage servicing company. I did everything in my power to at least make a payment most months to avoid foreclosure review or etc. I finally broke down and in approximately April of 2015 I called and had to be put on an unemployment forbearance plan. I told them this was just going to cause my home to be further behind and a foreclosure to occur.

They advised that in October I would have to pay the full amount due or a repayment plan to bring the loan current and not be put in foreclosure review. I was making less money and could afford a monthly payment but not 3 that would be a repayment plan to bring it current in 3 months. So I will admit I was defeated and basically just ignored things.

In March I spoke with Midland surprised it was not in foreclosure yet. I was told I could pay less than 250--this would hold back the foreclosure review and maybe get a modification in April. I did pay a payment while I decided what I wanted to do and the decision was I wanted to sell either for total due or a short sale but I was done dealing with this mortgage company.

I called in May asked for a payoff that I do this day never received. I then called again in June and my realtor did asking for another payoff since the loan was now in foreclosure so we knew what we needed to list it for. It took almost 2 weeks to get the figures and get an approve to postpone the auction date from 6 /30 to 8/4.

Here is where the complaints come in. In May I believe the 27th it was referred to foreclosure. My way of being notified was from a appraiser calling, requesting access for the appraisal they had ordered. Midland refused to tell me the name of the attorney and said they mailed me the info. 15 days later I received a letter from Orland Associates Troy Michigan that advises they are handling the loan but they had my City listed as Albion and I live in Kalamazoo so this is wrong. I call and advise them of this. I also call the mortgage to request the extension as well as possible short sale approval and etc. I also called Orland to ask why there was no notice listed on my home since I was advised legally there had to be one. That day they put one up with the sale date of 6/30. Finally we get approval to postpone that sale and I get a payoff so the house can be listed on the market to sell.

I am notified on the phone by Ted (the only person in that foreclosure department) that the sale date is postponed until 8/4. On July 19th I called and spoke with Ted on the phone requesting that the sale be postponed because I still don't have an offer but we are actively trying. He said after a long conversation that he would put in the request and to try to verify later that day. I called at 4 pm their time and he still had no answer. I called back again last week to verify and he left me a voice mail saying that the auction date was moved from 7/28 to 8/4, umm where did the 7/28 date come from because I was never told that date to start with. I was told 8/4 and then now he says that was an error, that was off my original request in June to postpone the sale date, and it went straight to 8/4.

I have a possible offer on this home that was coming in yesterday that I now have to say sorry too because this company failed to request and extension in a timely fashion and is allowing my house to be auctioned and this offer is likely a short sale so it is not going to be approved. The bank is going to end up with a house that they can't sell based on the condition of the home. I demanded a manager call and have received nothing. If Ted actually did his job along with the other reps months ago and didn't give inaccurate information this would have all been avoided. However the biggest issue is that now I am being told I never called except to get the status of the extension on Friday which is not true and that I never requested an extension on the auction date.

Original review: July 3, 2016

I was unfortunately caught up with the 2008 housing crash, and at the time, had two homes, one in Vegas, and a smaller home in Mesa, Arizona. We were forced into bankruptcy, and all of a sudden, this Midland Mortgage became Citibank's collector, or as I was told. My lawyer, and I, sent numerous letters requesting reaffirmation documents. They ignored all the letters. Since 2011 at the adjudication of the BK7, Midland has been receiving monthly payments on-time, but have yet to never enter this data as positive on my credit reports. I have even asked for a settlement payoff, and since they are nothing more than a collection agency, as I have been told numerous times, they have rebuffed these requests.

Midland Mortgage has refused to reaffirm after the bankruptcy, refused to give me proper acknowledgement on my credit reports for continuing to make payments, and are plain rude and disgusting on settlements, even though, they continue to say, they are a collection company. They have screwed me over on this VA loan, made through another mortgage lender, which they evidently got collection responsibility for, yet make no efforts to settle. These people are criminals openly screwing over people.

Midland Mortgage Company Information