Struggling with Credit Card Debt?

Get relief and reduce what you owe

Debt Relief Options
1.21/5

Midland Mortgage

Struggling with Credit Card Debt?

Get relief and reduce what you owe

Debt Relief Options

132 Midland Mortgage Consumer Reviews

Original review: April 5, 2019

After our loan was sold to Midland Mortgage, my husband and I fell behind on payments due to loss of a job. They helped us through the entire assistance process and approved us for a loan modification after 3 months of trial payments. This helped us get back on our feet and EVERY person we spoke to was so helpful and nice along the way. I have read the many negative reviews about this company and wanted to make sure others know that they are willing to help in a time of need.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

When I got laid off from my job in 2016 I called my mortgage company, (Midland Mortgage) customer service was so helpful and understanding. They didn't hesitate to assist me in refinance my HOME. I got the paperwork within a week, filled out the paperwork and the rest is history.

Get expert buying tips about Loan Modification Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 17, 2018

Midland took my mortgage over from Citi and have been fantastic to deal with for many years. They don’t harass me when I am late because they know I WILL be making a monthly payment. Easiest account I have. :) Highly recommend!!!

Original review: May 12, 2019

Midland Mortgage is literally the worst company we have ever dealt with. I never thought I would say that considering I strongly dislike Cox, but they have managed to be even worse, awful, disgusting money suckers!! About 6 months ago my husband and I got behind on ONE payment. We asked them for help (I should also mention that this is the 5th Mortgage company we have had in the last 3 years because our mortgage continues to get sold without our liking but we have no control over this).

Every other single mortgage company we asked for help in the past, would help us with our payments if we ever got behind or were having financial issues. This AWFUL company said the only thing they can do for us is to have us to a "3 month trial period" and then to offer us new terms. We were extremely mistaken on what exactly this was. They offered us during these months to pay $200 less a month on our mortgage. We thought, sure why not. Well after the 3 month trial period they sent us some terms that entailed us agreeing to some HUD and our house would have a lean on it. We obviously decided NO because that would end up screwing us in the end.

Since we told them no after this "TRIAL PERIOD" our mortgage went back to normal and we had to pay those $200 x 3 ($600) back. WELL later we find out that they reported us to our credit that those 3 payments were DELINQUENT! What?!?! We literally paid those 3 months, but did not pay $200 due to them telling us not to!!! Never did they tell us that if we did not agree to the terms after the trial period that this would happen. I even went back to the paperwork that had us sign prior to this and it is NOWHERE!! How on Earth can they do this?! It brought our credit score down by 70 points! We have literally not ONE delinquent payment on our credit.

I have called them multiple times and each time these awful customer service reps do nothing for us. They had the audacity to tell us "it says it on our website". I don't give two ** what your website says! If your website says I should give you a $1,000,000 dollars does that make it right? NO. These people are FRAUDS! And there is literally nothing we can do. We plan on filling a complaint against this company and hopefully something will happen. But unfortunately these kinds of companies to these awful things to people and get away with it. The worst company ever and I hope these people get their karma!!!!

Original review: May 10, 2019

This bank has been the worse nightmare, customer service never help, never care. I was hit by hurricane and this DAMN bank has been holding my insurance money for six months now, not giving me opportunities to make repairs to my house, every time they request more and more paperwork making this process to last longer. They should treat customers better and help them get back on their feet after such as terrible event. I don't know what is worse, be hit by a hurricane or being a Midland Mortgage customer which was't my choice. This stupid bank bought my mortgage from the first bank I applied to.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Midland Mortgage?

Original review: April 24, 2019

Our mortgage was sold to Midland after falling behind due to job loss. They try to force the 'Loan Modification" on you first of all, which only means they tack on a HUGE 2nd mortgage and you can plan on owing mortgage payments for a lot longer! I refused the modification but was able to catch up my payments. As I went to review what I owed I found out that they had applied over $3000 to unexplained MYSTERY fees! I found out that when I had paid 2 payments at once last year totaling $2700 they applied $2120 of that money to a fee with absolutely no explanation what it was for! Please check your transaction HISTORY! It turns out they were claiming I was further behind than we actually were! Total crooks, I'm sure we will see a class action lawsuit soon. I plan to sue them myself! PREDATORY LENDER! Be smart and check where every dime you send them goes!!!

Original review: March 17, 2019

We got behind on house payments so decided to refinancing with Midland...and was told they would pay off our payments that was owed or work it into our payments. Well now we are being sued for payments before we refinanced...

Original review: March 11, 2019

My mortgage was sold to Midland in January and it is now March and they do not show up on my credit report, as a result my credit has decreased. I fell behind due to some storms that we had as well as a loss of work, they make you go through this process of qualifying for assistance only to deny you. This company is a RIP off and they truly just want your property. Customer service is clueless and disappointing. I am now at a point of just letting them have it.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

My father's house was in foreclosure due to death. It sold for $30,000 more than what was owed. They will not answer emails. Over the phone, they keep saying "email us the info required", so I did. Basically, they stole the $30,000. They will not communicate in any way. They state that they haven't received emails that I have sent repeatedly (to the email address they gave me).

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

My mortgage was sold to them and my first payment made to them in August 2018. As of January 2019 they STILL have not reported it on my credit which dropped my credit score just. Their customer service was terrible - I had to call at least twice to get resolved a "hurricane inspection fee" charged by my old servicer that every time I tried to pay, the extra amount was applied to the principle. Which is better for me but it still shows an amount "unpaid" each month which I was afraid could one day be reported as not making payment. This took two months to resolve with repeated calls.

I decided to refinance to get out of using Midland, which was hampered by the fact that the mortgage was not listed on my credit. I am refinancing at a higher interest rate - that goes to show how much I want to be free from this mortgage company. The new company does not sell your mortgage so I feel like I have more control over that.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

My mortgage loan was sold to Midland Mortgage August 2, 2018. And it is December 18, 2018 and they have not reported it on my credit so it looks like I have a closed mortgage account. As a result my credit score dropped and one of my credit lines decreased. I am highly upset that I submitted a complaint to CFPB and all Midland did was respond that they report in 2 credit cycles which obviously 4 months is way more than to credit cycles. I am beyond pissed and nothing they say or do will make a difference in how this company operates. It's horrible.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

My Morgage was just sold to Midland Mortgage and I spoke to them today to understand how we should handle the direct deposit issues and whether or not the previous company is planning to also deduct for this month. Not only was my experience in this call the worst I've ever had but the rep literally whispered "I DONT CARE", mind you this is my first interaction with them. The rep thought I couldn't hear her and when I confronted her on this comment she gave some half-baked excuse about her talking to a "coworker". The truth is that she did care, evidenced by our preceding conversation. As a customer or even a consumer, sup-optimal service has the ability to really shape our interaction and a perception of service or a product.

By not caring about your customers you are truly poisoning your company and affecting its economic health and potential growth. I didn't choose this company rather they bought my mortgage from another company. If this practice of buying and selling mortgages is acceptable, I think we the consumers should have the right or at least the input in who has control over one of our most important assets. I am truly disappointed!

Original review: July 17, 2018

My mortgage was sold to Midland Mortgage, and it was the worst and most expensive thing that could have happened with the bill. First, they are not a lender, so despite having overpaid every month for 9 years, I was not able to refinance the loan with them. Fair enough, they are not a lender, but I took out my original mortgage with a local lender in part because of the options for easy refinance. Second, when I paid off my loan, I wired them $48,000. When I called 48 hours later to ensure that the money had been accepted, the representative told me (and I QUOTE, I will never forget this) "I have no idea where your money is." Not "it is still processing" or "this is a question for another department." A mortgage company telling me that they LOST $48k of my money is TERRIFYING.

Lastly (there are plenty more examples of terrible service, incorrect escrow statements, late fees for on-time automatic payments, etc, but I won't bore you) I am trying now, 3 years later, to get the bank release that was never sent. I was told it would take 3-5 business days for the fax to arrive. Five business days later, not there. Was told that the NEXT day was 5 business days because the first day doesn't count. (Like, called on Monday at 9 am, Tuesday doesn't count?) Called the next day, was told it would actually be 5-7 business days. "To send a 1 page fax?" Yes. And, "if the fax doesn't arrive call back and we will try to resolve the issue."

They don't even have faith in THEMSELVES that they can properly send a fax within 7 business days. We will see tomorrow if the fax is there, I am not holding my breath. A mortgage is often the single-most expensive and stressful loan an individual will take out. I would not wish this company's rude, disorganized, and callous service on my worst enemy. I would not ALLOW a friend to use them. I hope this review steers people away from them - they are not worth it.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2018

I've been living in my home approximately 18 yrs, and after 18 years of living at my current address it is being told to me that I still owe on my home which was under $40,000. My husband is a veteran who is now disabled and ill as well as myself disabled and ill. At this current time I'm trying to figure out why is it that I'm still being held accountable for $36,000 when during the time of the purchase in 1999 the house was $38,000. Doing several conversations with Midland Mortgage I've asked certain questions concerning the purchases and the payments of my home but never can get a direct answer always receiving indirect answer. He recently I've received threatening letters stating that whatever finances I may receive from wherever I receive them from if I do not do the proper thing with the money.

I will be brought up on criminal charges and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Who does this to a family that has been in business with them for almost 20 years. At this present time I'm still confused on how we became customers of Midland Mortgage. At the time of my purchase of my home I was with Central Mortgage Company. I have no clue of what transpired and how I wind up with Midland Mortgage. Throughout the past 18 years of dealing with Mortgage. My mortgage has fluctuated on several different occasions and now at the present time I'm still being charged for a home that has been already paid for. At this present time I am trying to get help on trying to figure out who would I need to contact pertaining to the issues at hand about my home.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2018

I was off work for six months, and the people working with me were incredible. Deferred payments and ultimately a workout plan when I was once again employed. Always courteous, empathetic and professional. I've been in the mortgage business for over thirty years and this group is outstanding.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

Submitted property damage and insurance check to Midland. That was 3 months ago and still have not received check to repair hole in roof. Had to submit contractor's bid to them at least 5 times. They finally sent me letter saying I can expect the check in 8 to 10 days. That was over a month ago. Calling them is fruitless. They lie about sending check just to get you off the phone. I can’t believe they deal with people’s money. It is winter, and I have a hole in my roof. I have lost my contractor. It is too late in the year for repairs. All because they have held my check. I am refusing to make another payment.

I will give them back this house so they can eat what money is left to pay. I assure them it is more than the insurance check is. The funny thing is they are holding MY insurance money I personally paid into my insurance company. This isn’t even their money they are holding. Sometimes you need to take drastic action (moving out) to bring it to attention. WARNING. Do not deal with this mortgage company!!! You will be sorry.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

We have been trying to get approved for a short sale or deed in lieu of foreclosure for 2 months. All the documentation was submitted and approved. Then a week later a letters tells me we are no longer approved because of a lack of communication. I have written them letters, emailed the delinquency assistance center, as well as contacted the vice president. They will not communicate back. I am okay with them foreclosing. Our house was rented out and vandalized. We want to sell it to be able to pay most of the remaining loan balance but if they don't want to communicate with me, it will be their financial loss. They are a headache.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

Having all of these negative reviews doesn't seem to matter to Midland Mortgage. Mortgages get sold to them and the property owners don't have a clue what they are going to be subjected to. Refinancing isn't affordable by many so we're stuck and they know it. I'm going to post this anyway. Maybe it will benefit someone. First and foremost every Midland Mortgage representative I have talked to has been rude, condescending and treats you like your sole purpose is to swindle them to get money. They are also extremely inconsistent and unorganized. It is so frustrating!!!

I had roof damage after hail and high wind storms ripped through the area around the 4th of July. I felt that State Farm responded pretty quickly considering there were lots of homes damaged during this time. They issued a check to me the same day the adjuster came. It was made out to me, my husband and Midland Mortgage. I called MM to ask about the process for getting it endorsed. This is where all went downhill. They gave me a list of required documentation and told me it would take 4-10 business days to process. As instructed, I provided everything as scanned documents attached to an email. Waited to hear something but never did so I called again... they said they never got it. On 8/8 I sent copies via US Postal service, 2 day priority. I was told that if I included a check for $10, when funds were approved, they would send the endorsed check back to me via overnight mail. So I included a $10 check.

Waited to hear something but never did so I called again. By the way, the $10 check posted to my bank account 3 days after I sent it so I KNOW they received my info. During all this time, I received letters requesting the same documents or saying they are missing something all of which are delaying the process. I also got a threatening letter telling me about how I have to notify them of progress of repairs and how I must get an inspection (one of their inspectors) of the work done before the final insurance funds would be approved. I was being treated like I was a criminal yet I had done nothing wrong. I didn't even have work started, yet. I was waiting for the insurance funds. 9/1 (21 business days from the day the $10 check posted in my bank) I called to find out the status. The endorsed insurance check had been sent via regular mail and I should allow 5 days to get it.

Really? Oklahoma City to Lubbock, Texas takes 5 days?!?! And I paid $10 to have it sent overnight! Though she did acknowledge that it should have been sent overnight, she did not have an answer for how or why it wasn't and did not offer to even look into the matter or make it right, give me credit... nothing. By this time my contractor left me for other paying jobs. Then we had a lot more rain... more delays. I was worried about having even more damage to my roof. I did eventually get the check and hired roofers. My house had a new roof on 9/12 and I called MM the next day to have it inspected. I needed to get the rest of the insurance funds to finish paying the roofers. A week later someone from MM called and left a message instructing me to schedule the inspection.

I was given a name and phone number to call. I called for a solid 3 days and only got his voicemail. I ended up scraping together enough money to pay the roofers what I owed out of pocket which I really could not afford. I called MM again. Finally an inspector came to my house on 10/2. But guess what? MM never informed State Farm the inspection was done/passed so the remaining funds were not released. Today, 10/12 I called State Farm myself. I should get a check from State Farm tomorrow. It will be payable to me, my husband AND Midland Mortgage. Here we go again. I'd say wish me luck but I know what I'm in for.

One other thing that happened a while back - when we decided to disconnect our phone landline, we didn't notify MM. I guess they tried to call for some reason and got the disconnected message. They sent us a letter stating that they had the right to demand payment in full if we did not provide them with a current phone number. The letter said that without a phone number, they could not verify we occupied the property and therefore, we were in breach of contract. I gave them my cellphone number. And how does that verify I occupy the property? I still don't understand why they didn't just ask for a current phone number.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2017

I just called Midland about 2 payments we're behind on. We pay every month but missed a payment in December & May due to illness. We've tried every way possible to work this out with them & it's insane. So, moving forward... We are in a State of Emergency as we go thru day FIVE of Hurricane Harvey. We live in Galveston County, TX. I asked if those 2 payments could be added at the end of our loan & they said no because we weren't in a hurricane in December, only ill! These people are rude. I've never liked their attitudes. Our acct is with them ONLY because it was SOLD to them WITHOUT US KNOWING BEFOREHAND!!!

I am disabled for 10 yrs now & my husband retired. It's not that we can't afford our payment... The amount is fine... We just had added medical expenses & missed 2 payments in a 10 YEAR period. Wow. 2 payments missed in 10 years! There was NO compassion in Savannah's voice. I asked her did she want me to step outside so she could HEAR the winds & rain. These people are impossible! I truly hope that these 2 payments keep Midland Mortgage above water! How ironic... Above water... Exactly what we're trying to do as I send this review!!!

Original review: July 27, 2017

When we bought our home in 2003, the mortgage company that held our note was Countrywide. In the crash (and subsequent demise of Country Wide) of 2008, Midland Mortgage bought and took over our note. We were making regular, timely mortgage payments when in 2012, my wife lost her job and was unemployed looking for work for almost a year. When it became difficult to make the payments, we contacted Midland to ask if we could get into the HARP program. Midland responded that we weren't delinquent, so we didn't qualify for it. They advised to hold payment for 90 days, and then call them back at the 90 day point. Sounded strange, I'll admit, but hey, this was our lender telling us to do this. So we followed their instructions.

At day 89, we called, only to be told that they don't participate in the HARP program. The next week we received notice by certified mail of their intent to foreclose. We contacted an attorney that day, and filed for bankruptcy to protect the house. Now, 5 years later, I discover (since they refused to communicate with me, only my attorney, and he was a black hole) that I am going into Discharge, that they claim they never received the May 2015 payment. I KNOW I sent it, but they claim to have never received it.

Original review: May 13, 2017

We got our house in 2008 and after our loan was sold to Midland Mortgage Company it went downhill. I did lose my job and they would not help us so we borrowed $ and after we did never heard anything else until we got a foreclosure letter. We tried showing them we were up on the payment. They said nope, knowing we did not have the funds to fight it in court after you go through options. We lost our home, 2 years this July, why are they even still in business. I don't understand how they can be this bad tacking people's homes and money and nothing is being done.

Original review: April 13, 2017

Due to threats from Midland Financial I filed for bankruptcy. Midland received a judgement against me which lead to the bankruptcy. In the bankruptcy the debts were discharged, years later I now find that Midland had placed a lien against my home. Nothing like circumventing the consumer laws. Midland is bound by a federal judge's order and they take it upon themselves to violate a court order. Where is my protection from them?

Original review: March 2, 2017

Newsflash!! Along with everything else Midland is doing. It is also stealing its customer's Escrow Account if there is a positive balance when the account is transferred over to them. They continue to deny receiving $5,200.00 on my behalf and claim that my escrow account had a "negative" balance. Any dummy knows that a negative sign in front of any number is equal to a credit. The statement given to me by the prior loan holder clearly shows a credit balance on the statement and being turned over to the new lender. Check your statements! Keep all of your paperwork from your old lender! I can wonder how many other people has had their escrow monies stolen from them by Midland!!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2017

Our house (rental property) was vandalized in July 2016. Check from the Insurance Company was signed and sent it over to Midland Mortgage in September. Representatives at the mortgage company were inconsistent in what they conveyed. Their system could not even download PDF files. We have left messages for supervisor and it appears they don't care. After 2 months of back and forth with Midland Mortgage several times, the check of 1/3 amount was received from them by the end of November. By then the contractor left us.

We started all over again and waiting for the reissued check now. We are paying mortgage every month and the house is not in a shape to have occupancy. For getting the mortgage payment in case if it crosses 15th of the month Midland Mortgage will call to remind without fail but very poor service in taking care of their responsibility. We are still waiting for the check from Midland Mortgage and it is 6 months passed the vandalism.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2016

My house was flooded in August 2016. My insurance company had a check in my hand in 4 weeks. I signed it over to Midland Mortgage. It's been 7 weeks and I haven't gotten the 1st draft from them. I have given them every piece of information they have requested more than 5 times. I have called and called and called and no one can help me because it's being processed, or it takes 10-20 days for it to get into their paperless system, or it takes 10-20 days for the mail to arrive in Oklahoma from Louisiana. They must have 100's of scripted lines of crap!!!! My mortgage is current and I am paying $1,000 in rent every month. My contractor has been ready for 5 weeks now and still nothing! I emailed my local tv stations today. I take it back, I emailed ALL of my local stations!!!

Original review: Nov. 2, 2016

My son has a loan through Midland. He is 60 days behind in his payments due medical bills. He has not been able to make the back payments, but does pay every month, so not to get any further behind. He was told that as long as he doesn't get 90 days behind that he would not go into foreclosure, which he is not. Two days ago he got a letter from Midland Mortgage asking him to contact a foreclosure attorney. Also, they did not accept his last payment and returned it, which now puts him 90 days behind. I feel this is a very shady way to get his home, which has a lot of equity in it. He has been told, unless he pays all the back payments he goes into foreclosure. Somehow he will manage to do that, but I will advise him to find another mortgage ASAP. In the past I worked for a mortgage company, and I'm glad to say they did not use such unfair tactics to acquire someone's home.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2016

I own a roofing and home improvement business. One of the things we do is help people through the insurance claim process when it comes to damage caused by weather or falling debris. When a homeowner has an insurance claim on a property in which they have a mortgage, the benefit check is made payable jointly to both the Homeowner and the Mortgage Company. Most of the time this is not a problem... unless Midland has your mortgage.

I have had the unfortunate task of having to deal with Midland on a customer's behalf. In a current instance State Farm paid for a total roof replacement as well as some interior damage caused by the damaged and leaking roof. The claim was made AND settled by State Farm on June 3, 2016 and the customer received a check for the full amount of their damages ($21,500.00) less homeowner's deductible ($2,500.00). Customer received check for $19,000.00 made payable to them and Midland. Midland required standard documentation from my company which we provided and sent along with the check to them (Midland) so they would endorse it.

Now, normally, the mortgage companies simply endorse the check and return it to the homeowner. In THIS case Midland has held on to the $19,000.00 check since June 6, 2016 the date they received it. Yesterday, 09/06/2016, Midland finally sent a portion of the money ($ 12,250.00), back to the homeowner to pay for the commencement of the work.

The unethical thing is this, Midland has had the benefit of earning interest on the customer's money for almost 90 days. In addition, the homeowner has suffered additional damage to the interior of their home because the roof wasn't replaced and subsequent storms (in south Louisiana) really did a number on the roof. Now, I will have to do the work for the customer and probably have to wait another 3 months to get Midland to release the balance of the $19,000.00. MIDLAND MORTGAGE SUCKS!

Original review: Aug. 2, 2016

MY loan was originated with Irwin Mortgage. Several years ago they closed and transferred the servicing to Midland Mortgage. At the beginning they seemed like a great company to deal with and very knowledgeable. However that all quickly changed. In June of 2013 I found out I was going to lose my job working for another mortgage servicing company. I did everything in my power to at least make a payment most months to avoid foreclosure review or etc. I finally broke down and in approximately April of 2015 I called and had to be put on an unemployment forbearance plan. I told them this was just going to cause my home to be further behind and a foreclosure to occur.

They advised that in October I would have to pay the full amount due or a repayment plan to bring the loan current and not be put in foreclosure review. I was making less money and could afford a monthly payment but not 3 that would be a repayment plan to bring it current in 3 months. So I will admit I was defeated and basically just ignored things.

In March I spoke with Midland surprised it was not in foreclosure yet. I was told I could pay less than 250--this would hold back the foreclosure review and maybe get a modification in April. I did pay a payment while I decided what I wanted to do and the decision was I wanted to sell either for total due or a short sale but I was done dealing with this mortgage company.

I called in May asked for a payoff that I do this day never received. I then called again in June and my realtor did asking for another payoff since the loan was now in foreclosure so we knew what we needed to list it for. It took almost 2 weeks to get the figures and get an approve to postpone the auction date from 6 /30 to 8/4.

Here is where the complaints come in. In May I believe the 27th it was referred to foreclosure. My way of being notified was from a appraiser calling, requesting access for the appraisal they had ordered. Midland refused to tell me the name of the attorney and said they mailed me the info. 15 days later I received a letter from Orland Associates Troy Michigan that advises they are handling the loan but they had my City listed as Albion and I live in Kalamazoo so this is wrong. I call and advise them of this. I also call the mortgage to request the extension as well as possible short sale approval and etc. I also called Orland to ask why there was no notice listed on my home since I was advised legally there had to be one. That day they put one up with the sale date of 6/30. Finally we get approval to postpone that sale and I get a payoff so the house can be listed on the market to sell.

I am notified on the phone by Ted (the only person in that foreclosure department) that the sale date is postponed until 8/4. On July 19th I called and spoke with Ted on the phone requesting that the sale be postponed because I still don't have an offer but we are actively trying. He said after a long conversation that he would put in the request and to try to verify later that day. I called at 4 pm their time and he still had no answer. I called back again last week to verify and he left me a voice mail saying that the auction date was moved from 7/28 to 8/4, umm where did the 7/28 date come from because I was never told that date to start with. I was told 8/4 and then now he says that was an error, that was off my original request in June to postpone the sale date, and it went straight to 8/4.

I have a possible offer on this home that was coming in yesterday that I now have to say sorry too because this company failed to request and extension in a timely fashion and is allowing my house to be auctioned and this offer is likely a short sale so it is not going to be approved. The bank is going to end up with a house that they can't sell based on the condition of the home. I demanded a manager call and have received nothing. If Ted actually did his job along with the other reps months ago and didn't give inaccurate information this would have all been avoided. However the biggest issue is that now I am being told I never called except to get the status of the extension on Friday which is not true and that I never requested an extension on the auction date.

Original review: July 3, 2016

I was unfortunately caught up with the 2008 housing crash, and at the time, had two homes, one in Vegas, and a smaller home in Mesa, Arizona. We were forced into bankruptcy, and all of a sudden, this Midland Mortgage became Citibank's collector, or as I was told. My lawyer, and I, sent numerous letters requesting reaffirmation documents. They ignored all the letters. Since 2011 at the adjudication of the BK7, Midland has been receiving monthly payments on-time, but have yet to never enter this data as positive on my credit reports. I have even asked for a settlement payoff, and since they are nothing more than a collection agency, as I have been told numerous times, they have rebuffed these requests.

Midland Mortgage has refused to reaffirm after the bankruptcy, refused to give me proper acknowledgement on my credit reports for continuing to make payments, and are plain rude and disgusting on settlements, even though, they continue to say, they are a collection company. They have screwed me over on this VA loan, made through another mortgage lender, which they evidently got collection responsibility for, yet make no efforts to settle. These people are criminals openly screwing over people.

Original review: June 14, 2016

I have to be out of my home by July 15, 2016. Although I did not have issues with Midland ignoring calls and things I did have to send them the same paperwork repeatedly. My husband was injured and out of work and I didn't make enough to pay the mortgage myself. For a while I would send partial payments but they wouldn't apply the funds unless they had the full payment. They did do a modification with me but they increased the mortgage payment. I had to agree to it and sign to buy time. Otherwise foreclosure proceedings would have continued then.

There was nothing we could do. We didn't qualify for any of their programs. My loan is a VA loan but I am not the VA. My ex-husband is, and even though the court awarded the house to me the loan company wouldn't remove his name from the loan. He had let the house go into foreclosure before it was given to me so I had no way of getting a different kind of loan. I was stuck. One of Midland's representatives told me at one point that they didn't care if I saved my house because the VA backs the loan so they are gonna get their money either way. Is there anything I can do to save my home at this point. My husband is working now and we would be able to pay the mortgage.

Midland Mortgage Company Information