Struggling with Credit Card Debt?

Get relief and reduce what you owe

Debt Relief Options
1.21/5

Midland Mortgage

Struggling with Credit Card Debt?

Get relief and reduce what you owe

Debt Relief Options

132 Midland Mortgage Consumer Reviews

Original review: May 12, 2019

Midland Mortgage is literally the worst company we have ever dealt with. I never thought I would say that considering I strongly dislike Cox, but they have managed to be even worse, awful, disgusting money suckers!! About 6 months ago my husband and I got behind on ONE payment. We asked them for help (I should also mention that this is the 5th Mortgage company we have had in the last 3 years because our mortgage continues to get sold without our liking but we have no control over this).

Every other single mortgage company we asked for help in the past, would help us with our payments if we ever got behind or were having financial issues. This AWFUL company said the only thing they can do for us is to have us to a "3 month trial period" and then to offer us new terms. We were extremely mistaken on what exactly this was. They offered us during these months to pay $200 less a month on our mortgage. We thought, sure why not. Well after the 3 month trial period they sent us some terms that entailed us agreeing to some HUD and our house would have a lean on it. We obviously decided NO because that would end up screwing us in the end.

Since we told them no after this "TRIAL PERIOD" our mortgage went back to normal and we had to pay those $200 x 3 ($600) back. WELL later we find out that they reported us to our credit that those 3 payments were DELINQUENT! What?!?! We literally paid those 3 months, but did not pay $200 due to them telling us not to!!! Never did they tell us that if we did not agree to the terms after the trial period that this would happen. I even went back to the paperwork that had us sign prior to this and it is NOWHERE!! How on Earth can they do this?! It brought our credit score down by 70 points! We have literally not ONE delinquent payment on our credit.

I have called them multiple times and each time these awful customer service reps do nothing for us. They had the audacity to tell us "it says it on our website". I don't give two ** what your website says! If your website says I should give you a $1,000,000 dollars does that make it right? NO. These people are FRAUDS! And there is literally nothing we can do. We plan on filling a complaint against this company and hopefully something will happen. But unfortunately these kinds of companies to these awful things to people and get away with it. The worst company ever and I hope these people get their karma!!!!

Original review: May 10, 2019

This bank has been the worse nightmare, customer service never help, never care. I was hit by hurricane and this DAMN bank has been holding my insurance money for six months now, not giving me opportunities to make repairs to my house, every time they request more and more paperwork making this process to last longer. They should treat customers better and help them get back on their feet after such as terrible event. I don't know what is worse, be hit by a hurricane or being a Midland Mortgage customer which was't my choice. This stupid bank bought my mortgage from the first bank I applied to.

Get expert buying tips about Loan Modification Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 24, 2019

Our mortgage was sold to Midland after falling behind due to job loss. They try to force the 'Loan Modification" on you first of all, which only means they tack on a HUGE 2nd mortgage and you can plan on owing mortgage payments for a lot longer! I refused the modification but was able to catch up my payments. As I went to review what I owed I found out that they had applied over $3000 to unexplained MYSTERY fees! I found out that when I had paid 2 payments at once last year totaling $2700 they applied $2120 of that money to a fee with absolutely no explanation what it was for! Please check your transaction HISTORY! It turns out they were claiming I was further behind than we actually were! Total crooks, I'm sure we will see a class action lawsuit soon. I plan to sue them myself! PREDATORY LENDER! Be smart and check where every dime you send them goes!!!

Original review: April 5, 2019

After our loan was sold to Midland Mortgage, my husband and I fell behind on payments due to loss of a job. They helped us through the entire assistance process and approved us for a loan modification after 3 months of trial payments. This helped us get back on our feet and EVERY person we spoke to was so helpful and nice along the way. I have read the many negative reviews about this company and wanted to make sure others know that they are willing to help in a time of need.

Original review: March 17, 2019

We got behind on house payments so decided to refinancing with Midland...and was told they would pay off our payments that was owed or work it into our payments. Well now we are being sued for payments before we refinanced...

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Midland Mortgage?

Original review: March 11, 2019

My mortgage was sold to Midland in January and it is now March and they do not show up on my credit report, as a result my credit has decreased. I fell behind due to some storms that we had as well as a loss of work, they make you go through this process of qualifying for assistance only to deny you. This company is a RIP off and they truly just want your property. Customer service is clueless and disappointing. I am now at a point of just letting them have it.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

My father's house was in foreclosure due to death. It sold for $30,000 more than what was owed. They will not answer emails. Over the phone, they keep saying "email us the info required", so I did. Basically, they stole the $30,000. They will not communicate in any way. They state that they haven't received emails that I have sent repeatedly (to the email address they gave me).

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

My mortgage was sold to them and my first payment made to them in August 2018. As of January 2019 they STILL have not reported it on my credit which dropped my credit score just. Their customer service was terrible - I had to call at least twice to get resolved a "hurricane inspection fee" charged by my old servicer that every time I tried to pay, the extra amount was applied to the principle. Which is better for me but it still shows an amount "unpaid" each month which I was afraid could one day be reported as not making payment. This took two months to resolve with repeated calls.

I decided to refinance to get out of using Midland, which was hampered by the fact that the mortgage was not listed on my credit. I am refinancing at a higher interest rate - that goes to show how much I want to be free from this mortgage company. The new company does not sell your mortgage so I feel like I have more control over that.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

My mortgage loan was sold to Midland Mortgage August 2, 2018. And it is December 18, 2018 and they have not reported it on my credit so it looks like I have a closed mortgage account. As a result my credit score dropped and one of my credit lines decreased. I am highly upset that I submitted a complaint to CFPB and all Midland did was respond that they report in 2 credit cycles which obviously 4 months is way more than to credit cycles. I am beyond pissed and nothing they say or do will make a difference in how this company operates. It's horrible.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

My Morgage was just sold to Midland Mortgage and I spoke to them today to understand how we should handle the direct deposit issues and whether or not the previous company is planning to also deduct for this month. Not only was my experience in this call the worst I've ever had but the rep literally whispered "I DONT CARE", mind you this is my first interaction with them. The rep thought I couldn't hear her and when I confronted her on this comment she gave some half-baked excuse about her talking to a "coworker". The truth is that she did care, evidenced by our preceding conversation. As a customer or even a consumer, sup-optimal service has the ability to really shape our interaction and a perception of service or a product.

By not caring about your customers you are truly poisoning your company and affecting its economic health and potential growth. I didn't choose this company rather they bought my mortgage from another company. If this practice of buying and selling mortgages is acceptable, I think we the consumers should have the right or at least the input in who has control over one of our most important assets. I am truly disappointed!

Midland Mortgage Company Information