Struggling with Credit Card Debt?

Get relief and reduce what you owe

Debt Relief Options
1.25/5

Midland Mortgage

Struggling with Credit Card Debt?

Get relief and reduce what you owe

Debt Relief Options

Midland Mortgage Reviews

Original review: Nov. 6, 2019

Midland bought my mortgage after ten years with Chase. I was a month behind and the representatives at Midland have been nothing but kind and helpful. I do not understand all the negative reviews. Every person I have talked with has been nice and understanding. I never write reviews but after seeing how many bad ones there are for Midland I wanted to share my experience. When my mortgage was bought I looked up Midland and saw these awful reviews and was concerned. I can say though, that nine months later, I still have yet to have an unpleasant conversation with anyone there.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2019

This Midland Mortgage company is terrible.... crooks and cronies... I have been making all of my payments online a week before they are due from my business account but on their end it shows receiving payment on the 4th, 5th or even sometime the 6th. I called and they told me not to worry as long as they get it before the 15th. It is complete ** as my credit score is dropping. I have figured it out as to what they are up to. Midland Mortgage knows that if they can lightly tarnish our credit scores even with a few late accepted payments on their end they will keep us from being able to refinance at another bank which is where I am at at this current moment, stuck with **.

The ** COMPANY MIDLAND MORTGAGE also put a hit on my credit score that states I did not make a payment the entire month of July this year BUT my LOCAL BANK here in TOWN SHOWS the payment was made from my BUSINESS ACCOUNT on JUNE 26TH for the month of JULY and THE HOUSE PAYMENT come out of my HOMETOWN BANKS ACCOUNT. The bank president here in my home town said I should file legal actions and sue this ** fake company. Little do they know I have a master plan coming for them and the hammer is about to drop!

Get expert buying tips about Loan Modification Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 12, 2019

Midland Mortgage is literally the worst company we have ever dealt with. I never thought I would say that considering I strongly dislike Cox, but they have managed to be even worse, awful, disgusting money suckers!! About 6 months ago my husband and I got behind on ONE payment. We asked them for help (I should also mention that this is the 5th Mortgage company we have had in the last 3 years because our mortgage continues to get sold without our liking but we have no control over this).

Every other single mortgage company we asked for help in the past, would help us with our payments if we ever got behind or were having financial issues. This AWFUL company said the only thing they can do for us is to have us to a "3 month trial period" and then to offer us new terms. We were extremely mistaken on what exactly this was. They offered us during these months to pay $200 less a month on our mortgage. We thought, sure why not. Well after the 3 month trial period they sent us some terms that entailed us agreeing to some HUD and our house would have a lean on it. We obviously decided NO because that would end up screwing us in the end.

Since we told them no after this "TRIAL PERIOD" our mortgage went back to normal and we had to pay those $200 x 3 ($600) back. WELL later we find out that they reported us to our credit that those 3 payments were DELINQUENT! What?!?! We literally paid those 3 months, but did not pay $200 due to them telling us not to!!! Never did they tell us that if we did not agree to the terms after the trial period that this would happen. I even went back to the paperwork that had us sign prior to this and it is NOWHERE!! How on Earth can they do this?! It brought our credit score down by 70 points! We have literally not ONE delinquent payment on our credit.

I have called them multiple times and each time these awful customer service reps do nothing for us. They had the audacity to tell us "it says it on our website". I don't give two ** what your website says! If your website says I should give you a $1,000,000 dollars does that make it right? NO. These people are FRAUDS! And there is literally nothing we can do. We plan on filling a complaint against this company and hopefully something will happen. But unfortunately these kinds of companies to these awful things to people and get away with it. The worst company ever and I hope these people get their karma!!!!

Original review: May 10, 2019

This bank has been the worse nightmare, customer service never help, never care. I was hit by hurricane and this DAMN bank has been holding my insurance money for six months now, not giving me opportunities to make repairs to my house, every time they request more and more paperwork making this process to last longer. They should treat customers better and help them get back on their feet after such as terrible event. I don't know what is worse, be hit by a hurricane or being a Midland Mortgage customer which was't my choice. This stupid bank bought my mortgage from the first bank I applied to.

Original review: April 24, 2019

Our mortgage was sold to Midland after falling behind due to job loss. They try to force the 'Loan Modification" on you first of all, which only means they tack on a HUGE 2nd mortgage and you can plan on owing mortgage payments for a lot longer! I refused the modification but was able to catch up my payments. As I went to review what I owed I found out that they had applied over $3000 to unexplained MYSTERY fees! I found out that when I had paid 2 payments at once last year totaling $2700 they applied $2120 of that money to a fee with absolutely no explanation what it was for! Please check your transaction HISTORY! It turns out they were claiming I was further behind than we actually were! Total crooks, I'm sure we will see a class action lawsuit soon. I plan to sue them myself! PREDATORY LENDER! Be smart and check where every dime you send them goes!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Midland Mortgage?

Original review: April 5, 2019

After our loan was sold to Midland Mortgage, my husband and I fell behind on payments due to loss of a job. They helped us through the entire assistance process and approved us for a loan modification after 3 months of trial payments. This helped us get back on our feet and EVERY person we spoke to was so helpful and nice along the way. I have read the many negative reviews about this company and wanted to make sure others know that they are willing to help in a time of need.

Original review: March 17, 2019

We got behind on house payments so decided to refinancing with Midland...and was told they would pay off our payments that was owed or work it into our payments. Well now we are being sued for payments before we refinanced...

Original review: March 11, 2019

My mortgage was sold to Midland in January and it is now March and they do not show up on my credit report, as a result my credit has decreased. I fell behind due to some storms that we had as well as a loss of work, they make you go through this process of qualifying for assistance only to deny you. This company is a RIP off and they truly just want your property. Customer service is clueless and disappointing. I am now at a point of just letting them have it.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

My father's house was in foreclosure due to death. It sold for $30,000 more than what was owed. They will not answer emails. Over the phone, they keep saying "email us the info required", so I did. Basically, they stole the $30,000. They will not communicate in any way. They state that they haven't received emails that I have sent repeatedly (to the email address they gave me).

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

My mortgage was sold to them and my first payment made to them in August 2018. As of January 2019 they STILL have not reported it on my credit which dropped my credit score just. Their customer service was terrible - I had to call at least twice to get resolved a "hurricane inspection fee" charged by my old servicer that every time I tried to pay, the extra amount was applied to the principle. Which is better for me but it still shows an amount "unpaid" each month which I was afraid could one day be reported as not making payment. This took two months to resolve with repeated calls.

I decided to refinance to get out of using Midland, which was hampered by the fact that the mortgage was not listed on my credit. I am refinancing at a higher interest rate - that goes to show how much I want to be free from this mortgage company. The new company does not sell your mortgage so I feel like I have more control over that.

Midland Mortgage Company Information