2. Finance
  3. Loan Modification

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.26/5

Struggling with Credit Card Debt?

Get relief and reduce what you owe

Debt Relief Options

Struggling with Credit Card Debt?

Get relief and reduce what you owe

Debt Relief Options

Midland Mortgage Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Midland Mortgage?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Midland Mortgage?

Original review: April 2, 2020

My experience has been the opposite of many reviews here. My mortgage was sold by Chase to MM. I had a rough couple of years financially for several reasons, but MM was communicative, supportive, and very patient. I never once talked with an agent who was a jerk. They slapped me with late fees, but who wouldn't? My only complaint is that EVERY phone call takes sooooo long because they have all these scripts & interrogations they HAVE to go through.

Original review: March 24, 2020

Unfortunately, my mortgage was sold to Midland Mortgage. They're insensitive and very difficult to deal with, whenever you have any type of hardship. I had a medical condition that caused me to lose my job and Midland wouldn't work with me at all. Chase was my previous mortgage lender and they were so kind, helpful, and sympathetic. I Steer clear of this mortgage lender!!!

Get buying tips about Loan Modification Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2020

The communication was very bad. They need to be retrain so that they are more respectful. The employees was insensitive and didn't want to listen at all. Constant interruptions while talking. Lastly they don't call back at all.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2020

Midland Mortgage is the worst of all. We asking them to provide a NOTES for closing the mortgage. First they said they don't have notes. The notes is always exist in every mortgage when closing. After 2 weeks we called them again cause the mortgage I'm inquiring saying they should have a notes to provide. Then we called midland over and over. 4-5x a day. They said they will fax the notes. We have been waiting the whole time and up until now they still didn't FAx turn notes. The another mortgage I'm in is supposed to be closing next week. They can't submit the final documents to underwriter because we missing that notes that midland is so irresponsibe, full of lies and excuses. So hard to work with them. They don't care. Bad service of all. Don't even think applying to this company for mortgage.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2020

Worse company to ever exist!!! Not an absolute soul in that company knows what information they are giving out. No one helps you, no one gives correct updates. If your papers are in review for 9 days, when the 9 days are up. Magically something else will be missing and another 9 days go. That happen to me with this company for 6 months. I cried every day of frustration because you can't do anything else.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2020

Back in the summer of 2019 I applied for Mortgage Assistance and was ultimately denied, it took this company almost 2 full months to obtain all the paperwork necessary for me to apply for this program because every week for about six weeks they required something new to be submitted for my application. Over that time I accrued several additional late charges that were not listed or accounted for on my monthly statements. First their explanation for denying me was that I did not make enough money each month to qualify for the program. I didn't really understand this, the point of Mortgage Assistance is to assist a client with making payments.

I submitted my paperwork yet again outlining a budget that did prove I had made enough money for me to pay all my bills and have a little money left over. I was denied again, this time they stated that my loan was not far enough into delinquency. I guess Midland Mortgage found it most profitable to suggest I apply for assistance, then take their good old time getting my paperwork together so that several late fees could also occur, and deny me once they saw I could make regular monthly payments. I understand that this is a business and their goal is to make money, but seriously don't use this tactic to make more money. At least waive any late charges that accrued while I was applying for Mortgage Assistance.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2019

Midland bought my mortgage after ten years with Chase. I was a month behind and the representatives at Midland have been nothing but kind and helpful. I do not understand all the negative reviews. Every person I have talked with has been nice and understanding. I never write reviews but after seeing how many bad ones there are for Midland I wanted to share my experience. When my mortgage was bought I looked up Midland and saw these awful reviews and was concerned. I can say though, that nine months later, I still have yet to have an unpleasant conversation with anyone there.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2019

This Midland Mortgage company is terrible.... crooks and cronies... I have been making all of my payments online a week before they are due from my business account but on their end it shows receiving payment on the 4th, 5th or even sometime the 6th. I called and they told me not to worry as long as they get it before the 15th. It is complete ** as my credit score is dropping. I have figured it out as to what they are up to. Midland Mortgage knows that if they can lightly tarnish our credit scores even with a few late accepted payments on their end they will keep us from being able to refinance at another bank which is where I am at at this current moment, stuck with **.

The ** COMPANY MIDLAND MORTGAGE also put a hit on my credit score that states I did not make a payment the entire month of July this year BUT my LOCAL BANK here in TOWN SHOWS the payment was made from my BUSINESS ACCOUNT on JUNE 26TH for the month of JULY and THE HOUSE PAYMENT come out of my HOMETOWN BANKS ACCOUNT. The bank president here in my home town said I should file legal actions and sue this ** fake company. Little do they know I have a master plan coming for them and the hammer is about to drop!

Original review: May 12, 2019

Midland Mortgage is literally the worst company we have ever dealt with. I never thought I would say that considering I strongly dislike Cox, but they have managed to be even worse, awful, disgusting money suckers!! About 6 months ago my husband and I got behind on ONE payment. We asked them for help (I should also mention that this is the 5th Mortgage company we have had in the last 3 years because our mortgage continues to get sold without our liking but we have no control over this).

Every other single mortgage company we asked for help in the past, would help us with our payments if we ever got behind or were having financial issues. This AWFUL company said the only thing they can do for us is to have us to a "3 month trial period" and then to offer us new terms. We were extremely mistaken on what exactly this was. They offered us during these months to pay $200 less a month on our mortgage. We thought, sure why not. Well after the 3 month trial period they sent us some terms that entailed us agreeing to some HUD and our house would have a lean on it. We obviously decided NO because that would end up screwing us in the end.

Since we told them no after this "TRIAL PERIOD" our mortgage went back to normal and we had to pay those $200 x 3 ($600) back. WELL later we find out that they reported us to our credit that those 3 payments were DELINQUENT! What?!?! We literally paid those 3 months, but did not pay $200 due to them telling us not to!!! Never did they tell us that if we did not agree to the terms after the trial period that this would happen. I even went back to the paperwork that had us sign prior to this and it is NOWHERE!! How on Earth can they do this?! It brought our credit score down by 70 points! We have literally not ONE delinquent payment on our credit.

I have called them multiple times and each time these awful customer service reps do nothing for us. They had the audacity to tell us "it says it on our website". I don't give two ** what your website says! If your website says I should give you a $1,000,000 dollars does that make it right? NO. These people are FRAUDS! And there is literally nothing we can do. We plan on filling a complaint against this company and hopefully something will happen. But unfortunately these kinds of companies to these awful things to people and get away with it. The worst company ever and I hope these people get their karma!!!!

Original review: May 10, 2019

This bank has been the worse nightmare, customer service never help, never care. I was hit by hurricane and this DAMN bank has been holding my insurance money for six months now, not giving me opportunities to make repairs to my house, every time they request more and more paperwork making this process to last longer. They should treat customers better and help them get back on their feet after such as terrible event. I don't know what is worse, be hit by a hurricane or being a Midland Mortgage customer which was't my choice. This stupid bank bought my mortgage from the first bank I applied to.

Midland Mortgage Company Information