1.07/5

Looking for a loan company?

Mid-Atlantic Finance Company

Looking for a loan company?

Mid-Atlantic Finance Company Reviews

Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

The words customer service are truly a joke with these folks. Numerous occasions I would call to have a payment posted and all these fools could do is pass me around from one rep to another. They eventually laid this on the original dealer with whom my loan originated. I truly wish my dealer had never sold my account to these misfits.

Original review: July 19, 2019

I have recently paid off my vehicle, which was financed through Mid-Atlantic Finance. Having been told I would receive my title twice, here it is the middle of July and still no title. Now the couple of times I was late on a payment, they were harassing me each day like clockwork, threatening me with repossession. The customer service is not cooperative, instead antagonistic. Several times I was hung up on and ridiculed. Management is no better, having you believe they are doing you a favor, yet never leaving notes for future representatives to review. Should you find yourself being offered a loan contract with Mid-Atlantic Finance, please consider another option. I would hate to know someone else was going through what I have endured.

Get expert buying tips about Loan Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 28, 2019

I, like so many others, bought a car from a dealership and started receiving phone calls from MAF stating my payments were late when my payments were autodrafted by the dealership on the due date every two weeks. At first, not knowing who they were or why they were asking about my car loan, I made them prove who they were. I went by the dealership and confirmed that they did indeed purchase my car loan from the dealership. At this moment I was told MAF is the actual lien holder to the car I had a note against. Once I verified that they had a reason to be calling, I then started sending proof of my on time payments to clear up any misunderstandings regarding late payments. Fast forward a month... I get a call from my mother stating that someone just drove off in my car. I called the cops and reported it stolen. I called the dealership to make sure that they didn't repossess due to the confusion with my payments.

The police took a report and were a little confused about the dealership and the finance company and who was the actual lien holder to my car. MAF and the dealership both stated that MAF was the actual lien holder and that is what was reported to the police. The police contacted MAF and MAF stated that my car was absolutely not repossessed due to non payment and that the dealership did not have authorization to repossess it. The dealership waited a full week to respond to the officer that was investigating my stolen car...

Until...about two weeks later, I called the police in my area and also the jurisdiction that resides over the dealership. The dealership was then ready to communicate on the issue. They reported that they repossessed my car due to non payment. My local police department did a little digging and found that the actual lien holder was in fact the dealership. On top of all of this new and intriguing information, the dealership was also ready to speak to me. A representative called me and informed me that my son, which I do not have a son, called and reported mechanical repairs on my car and that I would need to pay then almost $800.00 to get my vehicle back. The dealership had used this excuse to use the GPS system to locate my vehicle 60 miles away, got in it, and drove off. Then used the excuse of me payment late to get out of legal trouble.

I was not late and I didn't request repairs nor did anyone in my family request repairs. The vehicle was taken off the stolen list. This is not where the story ends. I was in contact with MAF the entire time. They knew the dealership took place in an illegal repossession and involved their legal team. Three months later...I get an alert showing a late payment on my credit report. I also receive a letter in the mail saying MAF is going to repossess my car. I called six times, got hung up on, left messages. Then I finally get a hold of Jobana; my account manager. She proceeded to tell me that MAF is not in possession of the vehicle and that I am responsible for payment to them. These people are crooks. Period. End of story.

Original review: March 28, 2019

I bought a vehicle outside of Cincinnati for 6800. Great man great dealership but for some reason my loan was sold to MAF after my PCM went out 2 months after I bought it as well as rusted wirings. A total of $5500 of parts. I brought it to him. He said there was nothing he could do since MAF now had the loan. He then told me they never gave him a dime for the 40 loans he sold them because they told them they weren't up to par. Well 3 years later now my booklet said I paid my car off 5 months ago and I called to get an estimate of what I owe they tell me 4500???? I also put 2500 down to get the car?

So I called the original dealer to ask for advice and they told me to get a lawyer and call the BBC she remembered me as well and told me also that MAF called 2 weeks ago wanting more loans from them.... Now why would they do that if the original ones weren't up to their standings? CORRUPT PONZIS THIEVES!!!! How can a 6800 car I buy with 2500 down making it 4300 and payments of 300 a month for 3 years equallying to 11500 and I still owe 4500?? I told them to come get the piece of junk because it may have worked for one and off for only 8 months of the time I owned it and I put at least 6000 of work into it. I would never EVER RECOMMEND MAF and BBC YOU'LL GET MY CALL

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

My contract was bought by MAF and I have had horrible experience ever since. The finance department argues with you on why you are late, they are rude, unprofessional and when I try to catch up on my payments they are not willing to work with you or even care! This is the worst company I have ever been with. I would never want to be financed through them again. They prey on people buying horrible run down cars and then don't want to help them get it fixed. My vehicle has had problems the whole time I have had it which is only 5 months, now the mechanic is telling me the axle is bad!!! I can't stand them and would warn anyone to stay away!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mid-Atlantic Finance Company?

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

I purchased my vehicle through Marti Motors located in Granite City Illinois but for some reason my note was sold to MAF. I paid my car off April 26, 2018 and yet I have received my title. I have contacted them at least 4-5 times regarding the situation and I keep receiving the same answer that I will be receiving a document in the mail within 3-7 days to take to the local DMV then I will be able to receive my title. But I still haven’t received that piece of paper in the mail. I was never late on a car payment and for it to be a whole new year and almost April again. I wouldn’t recommend this company to any one because their customer services is just as bad off. I just want my title. I should have to go through all of this to receive it!!!

Original review: Dec. 24, 2018

My note was sold to MAF and the entire process has been a headache. They lost a check that was mailed to them, to which I paid extra for tracking and delivery verification. Once I noticed the check was not posted to my account after a week, they claimed not to have received it. A lady in collections was rude and said it was late and a fee would be accessed up until I told her I had tracking verification on it. I paid off vehicle 10/12/18 (about 8 months early). I was told since paying with debit it would be 30 days before title would be mailed. Ok so 11/12/18, no title. I wait until 12/14/18 to call again. The rep was in shock the title has not been mailed. She informed me it would be mailed, (she put me on hold to get this info from the title department). 12/19/18, still no title. Mind you I am only 4 hours away. At most it would take 3 days by mail. Well here it is Christmas Eve and still no title. So they should probably produce my title or they will buy my car back.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2018

I purchased my vehicle and eventually the loan was sold to MAF. I have chosen to pay over the phone. My payment is $160 every two weeks. This month I had unexpected medical bills and I got one payment behind. I called MAF and tried to make a payment. The customer service rep was rude, aggressive, and couldn't speak English well enough to understand. The more aggressive he became the less understandable he became. He told me that if I wasn't nice to him he would come and get my car! I asked him to transfer me to someone who spoke clearer English and he transferred me to a Spanish only line. When I called back I got a different rep. I asked him if I could speak with a supervisor and he hung up on me. All of this over me trying to make a payment on the account. I wish that something besides whining on this review could be done on behalf of the consumers who have to be subjected to the practices of this company.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

Two years ago I started purchasing a car through a dealership called Wingo Wheels in Heflin Alabama. Well for some reason Wingo Wheels sold out to Mid Atlantic without me having any acknowledgment so as normal I kept going to Wingo Wheels to make payment. After two month of me paying Wingo Wheels I was contacted by Mid Atlantic saying they were going to repo my car and I'm like, "What are you talking about?" Then they tell me they bought out Wingo Wheels. I had to send Mid Atlantic proof I was paying Wingo Wheels so I did. I emailed them the proof I paid off my car just recently and they have failed to send me my title. I have contacted Mid Atlantic and they keep telling me one thing after the other and giving me a runaround.

I finally got in touch with the title department and they gave me the runaround all day. I had to go to get proof from MH Bank that I have paid them off. I sent them the email and confirmed it has been paid off. The lady at Mid Atlantic was supposed to call me back when she got the email. I have waited all day. Called her back myself and guess what they are gone for the day so I have made copies of all my proof the car is paid off and I'm seeking the BBB. I have called and they are sending me out a complaint form and I have to prove to them the car was paid off.

This looks like a long headache for me to get a title for a car. I paid way too much money for to begin with and I know how crooked people are. I have went to my local police department and my car won't be towed from my yard just in case Mid Atlantic tries to pull some crap the police have seen proof that my car is paid off. I was told to contact them if any repo truck pulls up in my yard. So my advice is if you can get out of paying or financing a car through Mid Atlantic you need to run away because they are definitely a crooked company.

Original review: July 20, 2018

I was trade to Mid-Atlantic from another company with either I’ve never missed a payment. I fixed the same problem on the car twice, went to trade it in. Found out it had a salvaged title on it, I explained this to Jessica and also that I will try my hardest to trade it in. That way I can get another car and buy out the loan. I was hoping they would understand seeing as though I never missed a payment, I communicated to them what was going on, and I was open and honest. Even said I would pay partial payment seeing as though I still had the car and if I could trade it in by her first I would pay the full amount. Still Jessica explained that the account manager says full payment. So they are expecting to me pay for the savaged girl and get a new. SMH. Tragic. This is how you treat a loyal customer.

Mid-Atlantic Finance Company Company Information