Mid-Atlantic Finance Company

Compare Loan Companies

Research top Loan Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I financed a vehicle through Rhodes Auto Sales. It was a 3 year loan and never had a problem. Several months ago Mid Atlantic Finance bought out the loan (without my knowledge). I was contacted a month later (by then I had late fees) as to where to make the payment. By the time Mid Atlantic bought out my loan I had already paid more than 2 years on my vehicle. I was in a car accident on Sept 22, 2016. The vehicle was deemed a total loss. WHY, 40 days later, (with 7 months left on the original loan) when Insurance is ready to issue payment, do I still owe almost $8,000 on my loan (original loan amount was $15k)??? And accumulating interest EVERYDAY until they get the check!!

Did they tack on several thousand to my loan when they bought it from Rhodes?? WTH??? So what happened to all the money I've paid over the past 2.5 years?? This has to be illegal or there has to be something that can be done!! It doesn't take a genius to be a customer service rep, but it may require common sense none of which Mid Atlantic has!!! Their customer service reps are rude as hell and obviously highly uneducated. They seriously lack common sense!! I'm suing somebody. And it's not about the money in this case, it's simply principle. I don't care how much legal fees cost, I don't care if I pay out the ass. If it takes this scum off the street, then every penny spent will be well worth it!!!

I have good credit. Bought a car for my son. I supervised the payments. Never missed one. Never late. He knew if he missed one. I would take car. Loan sold to Mid Atlantic. He had proof he paid original loan company. We start getting nasty calls from Mid-Atlantic. We had no idea who they were. We sent them proof of payments. Nope they were not having it. I even got dealer involved. Long story short. A nightmare. Rude people. They shut my son's car off leaving him stranded. So we paid car off to end this nightmare. Still waiting for title. Three months. Still processing payment. Good thing my brother is a lawyer. He sent them a letter. I will take them to court for damages. Horrible place.

They came in the night and stole my van that I paid them for in full. I need my van and I can't get it unless I pay them 1222 dollars I don't have. This company takes from the people who don't have. Read all the reviews on this company Mid-Atlantic Finance Company. They feed on the poor men and women. That is wrong. I am on a fix income. They wait till you pay your last note. They tell you your title will come in the mail... weeks pass. You wake in the morning, look outside, boom, your van is gone. You call them. They tell you, you owe them late fees. I paid for my van in full. Now I have late fees, tow fees. I have a bad heart, high blood. I need my van.

First of all, I am so sorry to hear all this crap about MAF and I wish I would have known earlier. As a small business owner, when we do in house finance, all that money, our investment is "on the 'street" is a risk to lend money. Sometimes we get our payments late and people don't understand that a small business needs those payments to be able to pay bills and employees and stay at float just like any household. So we had the chance and the offer to sell a package of accounts for less than the total amount owed to us, but we would get the money up front, with a bonus pool check when all the accounts were paid off. Thanks God we only sold 7 accounts to MAF. They were 0% APR contracts and the customers finished paying off their vehicles.

It was a nightmare for our customers, and we did informed them about the accounts being sold. We thought it would be good, because they would be able to pay a bank at 0% APR no interest and get their credit score up. Well, they did, but it wasn't pleasant, and at the end of the day, we as a dealer, still waiting on the closing bonus pool check they are supposed to pay us since all our customers paid off their accounts. It's been a year since all accounts have been closed, and all I hear is, "I will get back with you, let me find out"! I'm going to my lawyer and in the name of other Dealers, let me tell you I'm so sorry. This experience is unpleasant to both ends, and you have to be a MF to keep selling accounts to these thieves!

Consumer Increased Rating!

If I could give a negative rating, I would. I had zero problems with the company. Until it came to pay-off. I always paid early and over the amount. I traded the car in to buy another and that is when the late statuses started. After letting them know I didn't own the car anymore and them contacting the dealer, they continued to unprofessional and ignorant. After I disputed with Transunion, they posted the payoff and removed the late payments. Here it is, a month later after the dispute, and they added the late payments AGAIN... causing an additional 83 point drop to my credit score. Some people actually monitor and care about their credit. Congrats Mid-Atlantic for being not just the worst finance company, but also the most petty. You didn't get more interest payments so you toy with credit. I will be contacting my attorney and transunion again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mid-Atlantic Finance Company?

It really sucks when your account gets sold to another finance company & without any kind of notice! Then, after several phone calls with multiple people, I'm told that they will be sending me a form to fill out that will get me in line to have my vehicle serviced, as mine is still under Rhode's 2 year warranty. Because of horrible customer service and the fact that I never received that email, I kept withholding payments to MAF. Then one day, they decided to cut my car off so I can't start it and I had to explain everything over again regarding the warranty.

After honoring the warranty for many other clients, MAF decided that they weren't going to honor it for any other customers! WHAT???? Well, that's not really FAIR now is it?? I'm sure that I could find some way to sue them but who has time for this crap?? I asked for a deferral and received an approval for it but now they are not going to honor that. WHAT???? Ok. I now have a verbal agreement, account noted from 2 weeks ago, to pay extra toward what I owe with each payment, 1st & the 16th of each month and they STILL want to hassle me!

First of all, they called me at work just now (NOW I'm ready to file suit), and even after I told them I'm on a conference call meeting, she still wants to ramble on. I told her... "read the notes, I have an agreement to make extra payments *when I can* and my next payment is due on the 16th. And, oh... who gave you permission to call me at work because I never gave MAF permission to do so!" Rhodes never had permission to do so, so why is MAF doing it?? It's illegal! Now I'm done with them! If my car is disabled right now I will definitely sue them. And after reading all of these reviews, I think we should gather together and file a CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT AGAINST MAF!!!! Who's in???

My account got sold to them without my knowledge. I have always paid larger payments than owed. I will pay 1000 or 800 at a time. They started charging me late payments and also saying I owe an extra 20 on my payments now because of interest. How is it I pay extra and my interest goes up and my pay off never goes down? This place is a joke. I asked for an email with all of my payments and the interest cause I have been paying for 2 years and I still owe half of what the loan was for and it is a 3 year loan. How the hell does that work? I am going to find all the extra money they have been taking and charging me and I am taking them to court! Do not go through them they are the WORST company I have ever dealt with in my life. They steal your money and never give you anything you ask for. Plus they shut your car off even if you have paid. Please go somewhere else.

I was making my payments on time. I would make my payments online. Couple payments I put online someone at Mid-Atlantic did not process the payments I was not aware of it. I got busy with life and I assume it was paid. I never got a letter in the mail, a call or nothing. I ask Mid-Atlantic why I didn't receive a notice about payment. They said, "That's how we do business". I'm like really that's messed up.

They came here got my car. I ask repo guy wait let me get my car he said ok. I was getting keys for repo guy I was not going argue with him. But when I went back in the house get the keys he took off with car. He lied. I had go over 40 miles get my stuff. Luckily I had extra vehicle. I said to Mid-Atlantic how much would it cost get get my car back. They said 1500. I only owed 600.00 that's awful expensive tow fee. That's worst company anybody can have, stay away from them they're **. Even place I bought car off from beginning try talk with them they wouldn't talk to them. They need be out business. If I could sue them I would.

The company I purchased my car from sold the loan out from under me to Mid-Atlantic without my consent or knowledge. I contacted them to make a settlement in which they agreed in writing. I was to pay $2800 and be paid in full, they would show it paid in full on my credit, and they would send me my title. First of all, the payment process is ridiculous. They would not take my card. I had to go get a money gram, which costs a lot more and I had a ton of trouble getting in that amount. Major pain.

Now that it is paid and has been over a month and a half, it is still on my credit. In fact, they show I paid a bit less than I did and are saying I still owe them $1400 AND have not sent me my title. The good news is, I have all of this in writing. Do not work with these slime balls if you don't have to, and if you get forced into it as we did, make sure every slimy word that comes out of their mouths is sent to you in writing before you spend a pretty penny toward your balance.

Like the others my loan was transferred to them without my knowledge or consent. I was expectedly upset by this. Bought and paid off four cars previously with the buy here pay here that sold my loan to them. I did some research and found nothing but bad things about them. I am down to one payment left after dealing with MAF for six or eight months. I pay each month about the time I'm supposed to, I'm not even sure of my due date. They have reported all of my payments on time and boosted my credit score. I was very upset at first and gave them an earful when I started paying them based on what I have read about them. They were very kind to me on the phone. The only problem I've had are the fees they charge to take my payment and the fees to send the payments in the methods they require.

My $360 payment has cost me $413 to make. I'm not sure where that $53 is going each month. Well at least the $40 after the $12.xx cost of MoneyGram. Nobody has called me ever concerning my account. Overall I would say I'm happy with them having my loan, but I was already paying 22% on my car and the extra cost of paying them made the amount I'm paying for the car absolutely absurd. Haven't done the numbers but I'm paying prob 30% interest said and done if you look at it that way. I'm curious if that is even legal. Aside from that they were ok with me, but now that my credit is excellent I am happy I won't be dealing with them after this.

Good luck to anyone having trouble making payments, as I believe what I have read as the stories seem consistent across the board. My advice is to pay them on time and pay extra if you can. I pay an extra $40 on my own every payment and they never gave me any trouble. The money extra I send disappears, so I guess we had an unspoken shakedown agreement lol. Just give them some extra money and spare yourself from the rest of the stories I've read. If you are reading this you are already in this boat so take my advice or don't. Worked for me though.

I bought a car from Fort Mill auto. Everything was good until I tried to make a play land. He informed me that he sold my account. This was on a Friday and he told me to hold my payment and someone would be in touch. They never called me and so I reached out to them on the following Monday. They charged me a late fee even though I was told to wait and didn't know who to pay. And from that point on they have been charging me with partial late fees every week. My contract states that I have ten days to pay before it's considered late. What the hell is a partial late fee?

My car loan was given to them without my knowledge. I call Monday to make a payment and I was informed at that time that my load was no longer with the buy here pay here location that I originally bought it. I was given a number to give me to finance a car and ever since I was switched referred over to them this has been the worst experience of my life stop. Starting with the customer service reps who are the rudest people I have ever met in my entire life. You can only make certain payments they charge for every payment that you make to them.

On Friday which was December 16, 2015 I called him to let them know that my bank card had been stolen and to make a stop on that payment and then I would money gram the payment. I was told that was fine but that payment had been stopped here is Monday and I get notification from my bank that a payment 170.96 had tried to be withdrawn from my closed account. Mind you I had asked him that previous Wednesday to make a stop payment and I made my payment on Saturday morning but then I am charged $15 for non-sufficient be. When again I asked him to make a stop payment on that account because it was closed out. Someone has stolen my Bankard.

The supervisor told me that she would have to listen to a recording of the conversation to take off the $15. OK for you. Go ahead and listen to it because I know that's what I've done so now here it is. Wednesday when I get another notification from my bank on my closed account that there was another draw, a 170.96 trying to be withdrawn from my closed accounts. I have just spoken with the supervisor and everything about it was taken care of that time. Well it wasn't in. There is another $15 fee but I have to pay. This company is a total joke. This company shouldn't be allowed to be in business. I will no longer deal with this company. This car is back and forth in the shop and I'm just tired. Worst experience in my life.

About a year ago Mid-Atlantic bought out the company that was in charge of my car payments. The original set up was so frustrating not taking certain types of payments or charging different fees. If you have a concern or need help the customer service is rude! Even leaving me in tears after all I wanted to do was pay my bill. They are argumentative and not helpful!

One huge thing about this company is that they cash your check whenever they want to... Completely messing up your bank account. For example I set up my bill pay to have it due on example today... For the past year it doesn't get taken until 3 business days later. Last payment and this part was taken out at a different times. Yes it is due today but why for a year cash it 3 business days later then charge? And after calling to inquire about it I get told, " Well your bill is due so all we are doing is cashing it... It's your fault." I sometimes live check to check sometimes I don't but they are not organized at all. I CANNOT WAIT TO PAY OFF THIS PAYMENT!

My contract was sold to this company without my knowledge. Other financing companies, please don't do this to your clients because you're setting them up for a terrible experience. First, it turned out they accept very limited methods of payment and charge you for making a payment. This caused some difficulty for me but it was still something I could deal with. Then I found out my car was shut down remotely.

My car has a device that allows the financing company to shut down the car in case a payment is not made. However, all my payments were made on time. I called them to see what was going on, and they told me they don't have the resources to check on every contract whether a payment has been made, so they just allow the device to always shut the car down, and I will have to make a phone call every month after my payment to ask them to release the car. This is an extreme inconvenience and puts me at risk of having my car shut down when I need it. It is unacceptable for them to hold my car hostage like that when I'm making all my payments on time. In fact it is a breach of contract. When I fulfill my part of the contract by making a payment they have no right to withhold my car from me this way. I will absolutely pursue this matter.

I sold some of my accounts to them. They have been extremely difficult for my former customers to make payments to them. They charge them fees to make payments. Whether it be a Credit card or money order. They only accept certain types. This was not explained to me when I sold them these accounts. I would never ever suggest a business to sell their accounts to them.

I was waiting to be connected to the Customer Service regarding a car loan which was to be taken out on a car. I had been telling them that I did not receive this vehicle. I was put on hold for over 15 minutes and the call jumped from number 4 to number 11 to number 1 back to number 12. What the **. It is ridiculous. Never did get through. I hung up after I was to be number 1 and they dropped me down to number 12.

Ok, so let's just start with how RUDE customer service is. My loan was sold to them unknowingly, and ever since then it's been a nightmare. I called recently to ask about making a payment arrangement (for $98) that would be paid within the next 7 days. I was rudely greeted by Carlos! He was such a smart ass. I explained to him that I wouldn't be able to make my payment in full, due to the fact that I had JUST paid them $300 just 3 days ago (my total bill that I owed was originally 109, but because of "interest" they charged me late fees, and all these other fees totaling up to 300). Please keep in mind that my last 3 payment I paid an extra $100 on top of my current bill, so that it would put a dent in the owed amount. Again, I figured they wouldn't mind extending my remaining balance of $98 for 7 more days since I JUST made my payment 3 days ago.

When I explained to Carlos that I'd been making an effort to chew away the dent, and to allow me 7 more days, he kept cutting me off at least twice saying, "It's not extra... it's what you owe." So understandable, I asked to speak with a manager. He then went on to tell me "Why? She's just going to tell you the same thing I'm saying." To say the least, I was appalled! I went on again to explain to him that after just paying them a large lump-sum, and paying my other living expenses, that I just didn't have it, but will definitely pay the following days. Carlos then replied, "Your car is very important, isn't it?" So after a brief argument, (yes he went back and forth with me, debating the policy) I was FINALLY transferred to a manager who kindly allowed me to make a payment arrangement. I AM LOOKING TO REFINANCE ASAP!!!

It all started, My friend received a call from Mid Atlantic Finance Company to her cell phone, of course asking about me. Number one: I never gave this people her phone number, I once borrowed the phone from her to make a call. I believe that is how they got it. Second I called them in good Faith to see what they wanted a gentleman answered, took my information, placed me on hold for another rep to assist. He didn't bother to let me know he will place me on hold. I stood on hold for 15 minutes. Then finally got assisted from a rep by the name of Jose, extremely rude, after all didn't allow me to speak hung up the call on me, and all I was asking if a $15.00 late fee could be removed - I was making my final payment for my car loan. They don't work with you.

On top they will put late fees, on top of your loan. Then they are rude. I will be consulting an attorney to see what are my rights. When I asked them when my Titles for my car will arrive he said I will receiving it in 60 days. Since I was making my payments online, Then I explained to him why I would rather pay online then to speak with them. They are extremely rude and I'm not in mood to be arguing with them. I also have poor health, after tonight, I'm in critical condition after speaking with Jose!

I bought my car, 2000 ford mustang at a buy here pay here place. Never had any issues with them and if I was late on a payment I'd always call to let them know when I would pay which was always in that same month. A year later they sold my account to Mid-Atlantic finance and I've had nothing but problems since. The first issue was my first payment with them. A lady from there called to verify my info when I asked should I go ahead and make my upcoming payment with them or the dealership where I bought it. She advised me to pay the dealership one last time since everything was still in transition and from then on I should start paying midatlantic. Of course Mid-Atlantic didn't get that payment until about 2 weeks later and added a $10 late fee which to this day has yet to be removed, and this happened in March and it is now June.

Since then I've had horrible experiences with the customer reps and they are very condescending and rude. I've talked to maybe one nice person. The latest issue was that I was 1 month and 12 days late so I set up a post dated payment to come out of my checking account. The supervisor I spoke with also agreed to waive the $30 worth of late fees since I complained about the rude rep (and remember $10 of that was incorrect since I paid on time but the dealership sent over the payment late due to the transition). The payment never did come out and when I call I'm either on hold for several minutes or someone answers the phone and then it's disconnected.

When I check my account online the late fees are still there and it still says I owe $400. I'm just confused because they asked me for my bank acct info and read it back to me so I know that it's correct, and also I had to do some type of phone verification where they ask me if I agree for that amount to be taken out on a specific date, I replied yes. I sent an email and will try calling back again tomorrow. And I'm sure another late fee will be added and they will have no record of my previous conversation about setting up the payment. This company is just so backwards and I'm not sure how they are still in business. I'm seriously looking into having my car refinanced through another company or credit union or something.

My husband and I have an account with this company due to our truck payments. We fallen on hard time and have to make payments late but still pay in full. But every time they call they are rude. This last phone call that just happen within the last 5 min they told my husband and I quote "you should be less concern about talking to them and more worry about paying your payments." To me that's just rude and plain being a ughh I won't say the word but it's there. Now not only do we have to deal with making payments but we have to deal with them hiring people that are just downright rude.

Received many phone calls from 3 different phone numbers. Claim I had a debt for around $1100 with one credit card agency. Willing to settle for the original debt which was close to $550. I checked my credit report, this debt isn't on there or isn't on there any longer. I asked for proof of the debt. Never received. Claim they just received my account 3 weeks ago. Why did I never receive anything in the mail regarding this debt? I've lived here for many years. Blocked all of their numbers and filed a report with the consumer protection credit agency.

I still owe over $800 on this car that has not ran in months and will not pay it. I have told them several times that they can get it but they refuse. They have the most unprofessional reps ever... I actually enjoy cussing them out on a daily basis and outscreaming them. The company is a joke and I am making them mail me proof with my signature to show I owe them anything.

I purchased a car from a buy here pay company. Never missed a payment then for some reason my account was transferred to MAF. I had no knowledge of this transfer. Until one day I called to make a payment and the number I normally call is disconnected. So I drive up to the location where I bought the car - they are no longer there. No note no sign no call - no nothing. I have never received a letter or anything. I have no idea where to make the payment. About 10 months go by I get a call from my mom saying that a investigator was looking for me. I call and she stated she was hired by MAF. Now this is my first time ever hearing of this company. She said that she was trying to locate the car. I asked for information with the company. She gave me the number and they are located in Clear Water FL.

So I am thinking it's a scam. I called and had the worst customer service experience I have ever had. The lady told me that I was broke and should have never taken on a car note that I could never afford. (Her words.) WOW. When I brought my car it was for 7500. I was paying 340.00 monthly. I owned about 2200 before all this happen. I was on time. And great with my credit. She said that 4200 left due to late fees. I told her they can have the car and that they business is corrupt for what they are doing to people. I told them where the car was since I didn't drive it any more any way. Two days later the car gone. They said that they never took the car. This was in 2008. Right now they are still charging me for the car on my credit report and said that it is up to almost 8000 buck.

I have been making payments consistently and none of them are on my credit report or file at any of the credit bureaus. Be Careful.

Mid-Atlantic is a joke of a financing company...I have a 2006 ford focus...just got around june of 2014...Ever since then they have said they haven't received my payments...The first months were ok...but after september I started having problems with them..They have harassed me and my husband...We have faxed and faxed and faxed them proof of our bank statements and proved to them that they have taken their money out..but they keep saying they didn't...I have faxed it to 3 different managers...They keep calling everyday...harassing...calling...complaining...They are getting rich people...We think we are going to get a lawyer...

I see people on here having the same problems...them doing y'all the same way...It's horrible..First I was submitting my payment thru the bank then they say they wasn't getting it...Then they say they need a check..I send them a check...they send it back saying "insufficient funds" and I have 2,000 in the bank...Then they say money orders. My first money order they say they didn't get...now they say they got my last one..Both was sent to the same address...I think someone has no clue what they are doing...Someone needs to shut this company down....MID-ATLANTIC YOU SUCK...YOU NEED TO GET YOUR STUFF TOGETHER AND QUIT RIPPING PEOPLE OFF...

I purchased a truck from a buy here pay here lot and they sold my loan off to Mid Atlantic after a year and half. I had my payments set up on auto pay with the buy here pay here lot and never had a problem. I was behind half of one payment when they bought my loan. I contacted them to find out what I needed to do to catch the payment up (I was willing to make the payment). The girl who answered the phone was assigned my account and started going completely crazy on the phone telling me I couldn't afford the truck and they were coming to pick it up. I couldn't get a word in and she ended up hanging up on me. I am still confused as to why she was going nuts when I was trying to make the payment. I called back and got someone else and they told me how to make the payment. I sent the payment and now they say the payment was returned from the bank.

I called my bank and they faxed proof the payment cleared however the problem is the truck was repo’d last night and they still deny they have the funds. Of course legal action means paying for an attorney and let’s be honest, if I could afford that I wouldn't be going to a buy here pay here place. So now I am without truck and forced to call in to work since I don't have transportation. Oh and let me add now they say I have to pay repo fees and some misc. administrative charges that total 700 dollars.

Once again I live paycheck to paycheck and don't have 700 bucks sitting around to pay for something that shouldn't have took place to begin with. I don't know what my options are, I am looking into that now however I warn all consumers, do not deal with these people. Even if you're willing to pay and DO pay, they send out repo orders if they decide they don't like you that day of the week. I can't believe these people can legally operate like this. I'm completely and utterly disgusted.

Before I even begin this review, I will be more than happy to provide bank statement transactions and my payment booklet to prove I was not only on-time with all of my payments, but I paid them EARLY every 2 weeks. I made a payment this past Wednesday (12/31/2014) in my regular amount of $220.00. 01/09/2015 I went out to my car after work only to discover that they had DISABLED the ignition on my car via GPS! I tried calling Mid-Atlantic for 45 minutes but I would get stuck in an automated phone system loop after waiting on hold because no one would answer the phone. I tried calling several times with no luck.

I ended up having to take a TAXI home from work. After I got home I emailed Mid-Atlantic about the situation. This was their reply to me: "I contacted Passtime and they do not have anyone in the office today to assist me with getting you a signal, they should have this resolved on Monday for you. The device was not renewed by the dealership prior to selling to us, on Monday we will contact Passtime and work to get that renewed. I will contact you as soon as I have a signal avail to enable your device, and again I apologize for the inconvenience."

So in other words, I will be without a car this weekend and I will have to take a taxi to run errands and go to my appointments. Not only do I pay approximately $15 a day to use this car, but now I will have to pay for cab fare on top of it. I was EARLY (not late) on my payment and there is absolutely no justification for disabling my vehicle. Not only did I ever agree to allow my account to be transferred to this finance company, they won't let me make my payments by debit card unless I was to pay a $12.00 fee through MoneyGram. I never agreed to the new finance terms with this company.

I feel I was taken advantage of and used. I've been an excellent customer for well over a year, and in the end what I get is a device on my car to track my every move, and a car that won't work now because they never updated the GPS device. Shameful. My plan is to drive this vehicle through the front doors and into the showroom where I originally financed the car. Then I'm going to go to a reputable dealership and get a new car... and if they mention "Mid-Atlantic"--- ANYTHING I'm walking out the door.

I bought a car from a "buy here, pay here" place. When I bought the car, they messed up the paperwork about my payment said it was $375.00 when it should have been $325.00. I get it fixed with them (took couple of weeks, by the way). Had made payments on time for over a year. Since I get paid monthly, I always paid for the month ahead. Well in June of 2014, they sell my loan to Mid-Atlantic and boom, I'm 3 months late on my car payment out of the gate. So I go to place I bought car, get on a three-way call to get it all straighten out. I am told all is well, so I make a payment of $325.00. Next week, I'm called saying I still owed $900 more past due. Long story short, I have to pay $900.00 to get a car payment caught up that wasn't behind, plus they report that I was late on my credit. If I hadn't made that, they would have took my car that I just owed $2,500 on. I paid $7,800 for car total and just owed that. Don't think I was going to just give them my car.

Mid-Atlantic is by far the worst customer service imaginable. I called to report after 40 days the car I financed was inoperable and needed major repairs into the thousands (needs new transmission). Their response was, "Screw you pay me." They expect me to continue to pay for a car I do not even have anymore because I returned to the lot and they are refusing to repair.

Was told by Nicole I would get a extension if I made payment that day. I made the payment thinking the extension was done the following Monday. It was not, 2- weeks later my car was repoed at my job. I called and spoke to laffy in repo who did not know what she was doing. There was man voice lady in the background telling her what to say. Then the he/she Katherine came on the phone very, very rude and was not aware of what was going on. She lied and said if I didn't give the key they would get a flat bed..... but I was looking out the window and saw how they were already under the car releasing the brake to tow it. Not only that she did not tell me about the extra fees that I have to pay the tow company.... so I was quoted my two payments I was behind and also $300..... After I paid it and I met the towing company on the street at a gas station to get my car back I was told I had to pay additional 95.00... Can you believe that I have to pay an additional 95.00 to meet a towing company at a random gas station to get my car back.....

The towing company play games and claimed to be in the office when they're on their cell phones.... when you call the number it goes to their cell phone, they will try to rip you off and take your car to Tampa if your car was repoed from Orlando. The towing company they have is a rip off and very unprofessional. Also middle and it does not follow the Fair Debt Collection act even if you have a cease and desist on Fridays go call you. I've already advised them that they will be getting fine each time they call because I do record the calls.

Mid-Atlantic Finance Company Company Profile