1.3/5 (124 ratings)
Find a Loan Companies partner

You deserve a great loan.

Receive personal loan offers in minutes on Personal Loan Pro

Get started

About Lendmark Financial

Lendmark Financial Services offers financial solutions such as debt consolidation, financing and secured or unsecured loans. The company has some services available online, but its local branches provide a full range of services. To find out more about Lendmark Financial’s loans, rates and terms, visit the company’s website.

Pros

• Fixed payments and rates
  • More than 300 local branches
  • Pay online or using mobile app

Cons

• Must contact representative for terms
  • Lack of information on website

Bottom Line

Lendmark Financial Services offers personal loans, auto financing and debt consolidation. It advertises fixed rates and terms, but the website doesn’t provide details. Contact a branch for specific information.

You deserve a great loan.

Receive personal loan offers in minutes on Personal Loan Pro

Get started

Lendmark Financial Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lendmark Financial?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lendmark Financial?

Original review: Sept. 2, 2020

Had a loan through Lendmark that was paid off completely and on time. Instead of showing on my credit report that the account was "paid off" they reported it as being "closed" which dropped my credit score by 19 points. Any loan, credit card or any type of line of credit that shows "closed" negatively impacts your credit score. No other lending company that I've researched reports this way...only Lendmark. I have filed several complaints through their website with no response. Lending companies are there to help build credit if you follow their payback guidelines. Not Lendmark! Stay away from them if you want better credit instead of worse!!!

Original review: Aug. 6, 2020

I contacted the branch in Charlotte, North Carolina on Concord Mills Blvd. I spoke to a person named Fredrika ** who initially set everything up over the phone. I went to the branch to sign the necessary papers and collect the check. When I got there, she gave me the documents to sign. She wanted me to sign up for automatic payments, which I did not want to do. She stated that’s their preferred method to collect payments. Again, I stated I did not want to do that. She seemed to have gotten an attitude about me declining and then mentioned signing for some insurance that would cover the loan if I could not pay it back. I asked her if this was free and she replied, “It comes with the loan”. I then stated, “So it’s included in the $8000 loan?”, to which she replied, “Yes”. So I foolishly signed it, not reading over it carefully. Then she gave me another document to sign that offered roadside assistance, which I also did not want.

She told me where to sign, as if it was to decline the offer, and again I signed. I took the check and copy of my contract and left, as I was in a hurry due to having business to conduct. Over the weekend, I registered my account online so I could make payments easily and I made a $450 payment, even though it wasn’t due for about 2 weeks. After registering, I noticed my principal balance was $9818, which was $1818 over the amount I borrowed. When Monday morning came, I contacted the branch to ask why my principal amount wasn’t the $8000 I borrowed. The person I spoke to said I signed up for the insurance they offered. I told her that Ms. ** told me it was free and that it came with the loan. I was then told that was incorrect. It will cost the additional $1818 over the life of the loan. I said I wanted it removed immediately.

I was then transferred to the branch manager whose name is Tiffany. She promptly removed the insurance and I was given documentation proving that. She told me what my new principal balance was, which was still $100 over the amount I borrowed, even after making the payment I made over the weekend. I asked why and she said I was also signed up for the roadside assistance program, which costs an additional $500. I told the manager that I declined that when it was offered. She said I would have to get in touch with the provider of the service to get my money back, stating they would mail me a check.

I contacted the provider and she canceled my account and is having a check mailed to me. The person who set up my account and gave me the documents to sign lied to my face, and had me signing for things she knew I did not want. What’s really sad, is that I was told this person was about to be the head of a branch and that she was in training for it. I will never deal with this person again and her blatant dishonesty reflects bad on Lendmark. I take partial blame because although I was in a hurry, I should have read over what I was about to sign carefully instead of trusting in someone’s integrity. That’s a mistake I’ll never make again.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2020

My husband and I used Lendmark for a loan and put up the title to his truck as collateral. We just finished paying off the loan in full and they are refusing to give us the title back. The Thomasville office is closed supposedly due to COVID-19. We were routed to Tifton office and the lady was rude about it and said we just have to wait until they opened back up and let us know there was nothing we can do about it. We called corporate and the lady at corporate was even worse. She even stated none of this is their fault and they are following government rules. If closing is part of what the government said then why is Tifton open?

They lie to your face. She was extremely rude and it made my husband even more mad and he told her he was going to call his lawyer just for the simple fact of them refusing to release his title after we now have a zero balance with them. She just laughed at him and told him him “Yeah okay. You do that. I know you won’t,” and hung up the phone. I’m sick of this virus being an excuse. From what I read they are harassing people for their money, but they are refusing to do their own job. We had to hurry up and pay them off; otherwise we would have never paid them off with how they rip people off. Which is our fault for using them, but NEVER again!!!

Original review: Aug. 3, 2020

A few years back, Lendmark Financial was a good place to do business. After they separated from BB&T, the service went downhill fast. I won't be doing business with them again. Their accounting practices are horrible at best. Basically legal loan sharks. You will have a difficult time completing your loan here and your interest rate is ridiculous even if your credit is good.

Original review: July 9, 2020

We have been more than comfortable with the assistance of the Branch Manager, Sarah F ** and office staff in Santee. The unexpected financial crisis, we need money and they solved it for one days. We had very busy days, with reminders from the staff, I send bank statement. We visited office received quick and accurate information, signed agreements and got check in same day till 5 pm. I would recommend and have recommended my friends to Lendmark.

Original review: June 12, 2020

There are so many reason people needs loan. I am one of it but please don’t use this company. Use your research before you borrow money from them, no customer service skill, no heart, no business knowledge. Just think about this, they are borrowing 0% from government and they are selling you 25% to 30%. They have worst customer satisfaction on the internet. I didn’t give the attention when I was dealing with them, don’t do same mistake I made.

Original review: June 9, 2020

Applied for a debt consolidation loan. Made me go through entire application process, then submitted a credit inquiry. I then get a call back stating they are sorry but they require 2 years at same employer, mind you I am currently at 21 months. What is so frustrating is they could have just told me 2 years upfront without putting an inquiry on my credit report, thus lowering my score. Insane that they did that and even more insane not considering my 21 months.

Original review: May 27, 2020

From the very first time of applying for a loan online and going into the Waldorf office, I have been more comfortable with the assistance of the Branch Manager, Jamella **. The unexpected financial crisis, I was very hesitant with going thru this process. With the patience and reminders from the staff, I have updated my account. I have contacted the office and emailed and received quick and accurate information. I would recommend and have recommended my family and friends to Lendmark (Waldorf office).

Original review: May 7, 2020

The employee by the name of Pauline, drafted an unauthorized amount from my account and when I brought it to her attention she immediately lied, saying I gave her permission, then changed the lie to she told me if I paid by checking instead of debit card that it would be more, which was an absolute lie, the district manager Patrick is an absolute joke, his cover up of her theft was that it was a late fee, in which my bill shows none at all, these people are crooks, please don’t do business with them, keep spreading the words and help others stay away from them!

Original review: May 5, 2020

2 years ago, I got an auto loan through them. Just about 1 year to the day later, transmission on that 06 Explorer (which I bought from common sense housing in Newport (DON'T RECOMMEND!!!), was totally shot, which costs north of $3k to fix. I tried to get $3k added to my existing loan, but Lendmark in the MHC gave me the run-around. At the cost of my credit report, I surrender that POS truck to the shop = mechanic's lien. Lendmark will ** you every chance they get!!!

Original review: April 30, 2020

So my husband and I got this loan over four years ago. We were young and irresponsible and didn’t know too much about finances. It wasn’t a big loan, but we had a tough time paying for it. Long story short, over four years and they still call my husband's ex employer EVERY DAY for the past four years. At this point they refuse to work with us. They want the whole sum paid due to it being in collections. So yeah...they will call everyone you put down EVERY DAY.

Original review: March 23, 2020

With all this going on with the coronavirus, My electric company understands. My phone company understands. Everything is closing down. We have to shelter in place and our jobs are being shut down temporarily. But Lendmark still calls everyday wanting their money. These people have no heart. These people have no lives. Don't get me wrong. They've been great up until now. But when the SHTF, the last thing anybody needs, is somebody calling them EVERYDAY leaving harassing voicemails, when you're trying to figure out how to keep you and yours safe, Fed, and ALIVE.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2020

I have had no Moro lens with Lendmark in the Tempe/Phoenix area. I have not had any issues with calls. I’ve had talk loans and paid them off. My last loan I refinanced with them and it was easy. Only took about 30 minutes and everyone was professional, nice and friendly. I can only speak about the Elliott are location that I go to but they are great.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2019

I've had a loan with Lendmark since 2017 paid loan down twice and just refinanced 2 days before Christmas. I've had no problems to date with calling because my payments are made on time, I value my credit. Not sure why they would call if payments are made on time ... I'm disabled and didn't have a problems with my loan but of course I, did have a cosigner even though my credit is good. Thanks Lendmark.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2019

They discriminate against disabled people. They tell you you're approved and then when you show them your SSDI LETTER you're suddenly disapproved. Liars and from what I read they are a predatory loan company. Companies like this end up getting hammered in court for discrimination.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2019

This company is the definition of harassment! They will not only call you multiple times a day, they will call your reference and more. They are rude and do not try to work with you. Do NOT go through them!

Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

Will harass you before your payment is due! Your payment is for interest not the auto loan. Pay off early or you pay forever. After paying the loan in full tried to take me to court for non payment. Worst company ever! Judge threw the case out. They should be investigated by the AG office of Virginia for false civil suit and trying to bully people into early payment.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2019

This is predatory lending at it finest/worst. You choose. If I could give negative stars I would. I over pay every month and the balance remains the same. I have great credit but needed a loan in a pinch and I was stuck with these thieves. They do not take credit cards for pay-off, but there is another way around their game. Cashier's check from the credit card company. They have to take it! And payoff on the loan.. BOOM! Done.. Suck it easy Lendmark.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2019

Had a loan for new A/C with Lendmark Financial. After paying for four years we opted to do a bill consolidation loan so that we could stay current with all our bills. We were paying 19% on the A/C financing well when the bill consolidation loan comes through the interest rate JUMPED to 36%. After paying 600.00 per month for three years on a twelve thousand dollar loan we still owed $9000.00. We paid this loan off and told the office personal and manager in the Kingsland Ga. office that were most certainly a predatory lender. Very slick when handling paperwork so you don't see the interest rate until you have signed for it. BE SURE AND READ EVERYTHING IN THE CONTRACT NO MATTER HOW LONG IT TAKES, THESE PEOPLE ARE WELL TRAINED AND CROOKS TO BOOT...

Original review: Sept. 23, 2019

I put a $3500 down payment on a car at a car lot, they then sent me to Lendmark to get a loan for the remaining $5000. Was a very simple process. The lady in the office ran through the paper work quickly and stated when things were not going to mean anything and to mark that spot, well she lied. She never explained how much the loan would really be. My $5000 loan turned into a $12000 loan and their corporate office never responds and no one can explain to me why or fix the issue. I have technically paid the $5000 and it never goes down and has been almost 2 years. Help me stop this company. They have already ruined my credit I was working so hard to repair. This is illegal and wrong.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2019

Whoever reading this I do not recommend this company. This company should be banned and placed out of business. It's a wicked company. I have a 690 credit score. Went to them to get an interest rate of 26%. Please stay away from them. Always remember on the bottom of your contract where the paper is folded reads: RATE OF INTEREST: Read it carefully.... It's the SCAM written in small writing. Please don't trust their clerks. Columbus, Ga.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2019

I have had my truck financed through Lendmark for about 1.5 years. I should have heeded the warning signs the day I signed the loan docs and my down payment went up $850. Some nonsense about a manager somewhere nobody ever heard of made that call. Okay, no big whoop I needed the truck for work and I got a great deal on it. Next though they started taking my payment from my account a day early, then two days until I called their district chump and told him that it violated the Truth in Lending act and rather than stop, I was forced to remove their ability to do any more in the future. Then I got sick, really sick and started making my payment late some months by about a week.

Well, now they call, and call, and call some more. In fact my payment was due Monday it's now Friday and I've had the money for a couple of days. Today is actually the last working day of the month and during Monday's call she really wanted to make sure I had it in by Friday... Hmm, I wonder why? Could it be her pay is based somehow on everyone getting their payments in? So like I said, it's now Friday and the day's almost over 3:30pm and they have called me 4 times so I'm thinking I'll pay it Monday.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2019

We have had a loan with Lendmark Financial for 2 years. Through those 2 years, we had some financial hardships, but worked hard and got caught back up on payments. Everything is current. This morning I received a call to inform me that our 2 accounts had payments that were due for August. I tell the rep that payday is tomorrow and I will be making payment on one loan tomorrow and one loan on the 15th of next month. Mind you, the due date for the loan I will make payment on the 15th, is due August 21. The rep tells me that that particular account is past due 1.5 months. So I go online to pull up our account and it is actually 6 days past due. 6. She told me a month and a half. Even if I pay on the 15th of next month, it isn't even 30 days behind.

She tells me that we need to try to avoid going through the courts system and having my husband's wages garnished. The account isn't even a month past due!! So, I called back and pointed out their blatant lie. Of course that makes the rep mad, because she knew that we know she lied! That's ok, though, bc in December, we will be getting a large payout from an estate and we will be paying them off. I will tell everyone I know NOT to deal with Lendmark and will be filing a BBB complaint.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2019

I wish I would have read these reviews before using this company. They are crooks and will rip you off. I got a loan for a 2001 Honda Accord and somehow this loan has ballooned to over $8000. They will take your money and not credit your account. I am doing my best to figure a way out of this because I have been paying them $300 for five years and still owe $8000.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2019

My daughter took out a loan to pay off credit card debt. Her loan was for 7500. She paid 200 dollars a month for 4 years. She ran into financial hardship and asked to company to work with her. She wrote a letter of hardship which they requested. They denied her a payment plan and began to harass her daily. They harassed her family. When we had the opportunity to talk them they were very rude and it was impossible to get a word in. They went to court and got a judgment. They have put a permanent hold on her bank account.

Any funds that go in belongs to to the lender until 7500 is paid even though she already paid 5000 to the company. The interest rate keeps ballooning and you never make progress on the loan. My daughter has no income now. She only works part time and is a caretaker for her Grandmother who has dementia. This company preys on people with bad credit. The loans they give have insane terms. Lendmark has essentially destroyed my daughter's life. Save yourself. They are cruel loan sharks. I hope this helps someone to not go through this nightmare. I should mention that Karen in the office in Virginia hung up on me twice. She never sent a notice that they were putting a permanent hold on her bank account. She refused to send my daughter any copies pertaining to the judgment.

Original review: July 22, 2019

The people I have dealt with at the local office have been fine. The rates and fees have been horrible. I needed a car badly and used the car dealer to finance my car. The dealer used Lendmark loan company, etc. I will do my best to never have to get in the position of using a consumer loan company ever again.

Original review: July 17, 2019

It was easier for me to acquire my home loan from another company than it was the auto loan. After about 1 and half years into the loan I had experienced some personal hardship and financial hardship and attempted to refinance the loan and I was told to go pound salt. Well not in those words. Just the company would NOT work with me and wife to make my situation easier. I strongly do NOT recommend this company!!!!

Original review: June 29, 2019

I have had a loan with them for years. Never a late payment, the payments are automatically deducted from my checking account on the due date. Where it turns nasty is when you try to make extra payments to pay off early. They turned rude and even refused to take my payment. The manager wouldn’t even return my calls. Calling their home office is no help either. In other words, they could care less about you if they aren’t making the maximum profit off of you. Stay away!!

Original review: May 15, 2019

I have been looking to consolidate a few of my debts into one payment and had received information from Lendmark. When I went into the local office here in Flowood, MS to discuss my options, the staff was nice but struggled to communicate or provide any knowledge regarding the terms of the loan. While it is advertised as an unsecured loan, they asked if I had any items of value (which they didn’t bother educating me why they wanted that information). It wasn’t until I saw the paperwork (keep in mind, without my consent) I find out they wanted to use my personal items to secure their “non-secured” loan. They also proceeded to tell me I would be required to purchase their ancillary coverage to protect my personal belongings, but have signage in multiple areas of the office stating all ancillary coverage is optional and not required on any loan.

I am fully aware their interest rates are higher due to having a more high risk clientele vs. a bank, but many fees aside from interest still couldn’t be explained. I feel extremely confident I made the right decision by not doing business with this company. Make sure you always ask questions, and don’t settle for the first option or answers that don’t make sense.

Original review: April 1, 2019

First of all, the energy was so off in this office. I can't do business with nobody where there seen to be tension, and bad energy in the room. When I first walked in there were three older ladies just sitting in the office at their desk. All three just looked up, did not say a word, no good morning, just a long stare like, "What the heck she want," I'm telling you so rude and such an unpleasant feeling like I'm bothering them. Finally, someone said, "Can I help you" with a irritated voice. The other two ladies still just looking no smile or anything. I really wanted to just turn around at this point, but I answered back saying, "I'm here to apply for a personal loan."

At this point, I really felt like I'm just wasting my own time. She begin asking questions, and if I ask her to repeat the questions she kind of just looked up like, "You need to listen. I'm not going keep repeating myself." I'm telling you guys this part before the loan was so unpleasant. I know customer service has gone way down but I cannot believe a company will allow such negative behavior from their employees. Just remember you need my business to stay in business. I was asking for a loan which I had to pay back. I wasn't in there asking for free government services. The respect was not there at all.

To make a long story short I don't recommend opening the door to even go into the office. Just go somewhere else. I have gotten loans from other companies where the staff was extremely friendly and inviting. The only reason I tried this company in the first place is because like many of us I got an offer in the mail to come in and apply. I'm not saying all branches are unpleasant with rude acting employees, but we really need to stop supporting these companies who allow their employees to behave like customers really do not matter and let's see how far they go.

Lendmark Financial Company Information