Huntington Bank

Compare Banks & Credit Unions

Research top Banks & Credit Unions recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I went to Huntington Bank in Beachwood Oh to open a checking account. All I really needed as I explained was an account with a debit card and no fees. Really no such thing anymore but that's not the issue. A couple weeks after opening the account a credit card came in the mail. I had already received the debit card so imagine my surprise when a credit card shows up which is something I dont use or want. I stopped in the branch where I opened the account to speak with the person who opened my account. I wanted to be face to face so I could see his explanation. The guy was stammering and could hardly look me in the eye when he told me he accidentally hit the wrong key on the computer.

This was no accident. Huntington bank is following in the tradition of Wells Fargo by doing an illegal, requested, no paperwork was provided for me to sign giving permission, we never touched on the subject of a credit card. Huntington must feel that they are untouchable but they are not. Going into a persons credit report is illegal and intrusive. A bank CANNOT do a hard credit check without proper authorization which must be kept on file according to Ohio law for 7 years. If it was done to me it was done to others also. This isn't like an (oops sorry we made a mistake) thing. It is much more serious and if it takes years I will not stop until they are held responsible. There are literally tens of thousands of individual complaints about banks, you name it they have done it.

As an insurance agent I know that banks and insurance companies have entire departments to blow you off one by one. Im not an employee of any insurance companies I represent so its not as if they can fire me if I see something unscrupulous. The worst they could do is make up an excuse to terminate my contract and I go to the state of Ohio department of insurance and screw them, then I get contracted with a better co, no big deal and a whole lot of fun. Banks are different. They have employees who have 401Ks and are afraid of the big bad bank so they dont squeal easily. People get screwed over by the banks and they post something on the internet or go to a lawyer who wont take a losing case so you would need to give up thousands to get know-wear.

The regulatory agencies are unable to do anything because the banking industry gave big money to get someone elected. So no one wants to talk, no one will help and we are the idiots who get screwed with our fingers up our ** but there is a way. We can unite and not a living soul on this planet can stop us. I need emails with ONLY BANK COMPLAINTS! With a thousand signed complaints I can get us noticed, with tens of thousands I can get action taken, with a million real complaints I could get any law firm in the country to take the case of the People V Banking industry.

I already have hundreds from other posts just in a matter of weeks. People will say we cant do anything but we can. Together we can bring down the entire good for nothing lying greedy thieves that the banking industry has turned into and it will be replaced by something better or ill put there tails between their legs and do as their told by us. I have seen in emails the most despicable acts done to people especially the weakest in our society. Our seniors.

I have a client who was 82 at the time she told me the bank was taking 10 bucks each and every month from her account because after paying her bills she was overdrawn each month but the bank said "dont worry we will just move enough to cover it from your small savings account" but did not tell her it costs 10 bucks each month to do that. The bank knew it yet they kept screwing this poor elderly woman. And yes I did raise hell when I discovered what was going on and yes I did get most of her money back but without my help they ignored her complaints!!!

The people that work for Huntington Bank are super nice and polite. They always have a smile on their face and look forward to dealing with you. They genuinely seem to enjoy their jobs and are always ready to help. I find that the website works well and is fairly intuitive to use. Has plenty of options available. The pages load fast and makes for a very good experience overall. They have a wide range of financial services that met my needs quite well. The dedicated financial staff is very knowledgeable and quite easy to work with. They are helpful and not pushy at all. I have never had any problems with my account being hacked. I think that they do enough to keep my information secure as I have never had any problems.

My experience with customer service at Huntington was very pleasant. They were friendly yet professional. They made me feel like a valued customer each time I would stop in to deposit my paycheck. I really can't rate the online access because I never used their online website. There at Huntington they had many financial services to choose from. I can say that I was happy with that but can't recommend because each one seemed to have a charge or high fee with it. I rate security at Huntington bank with a happy, in my whole time of being with them I never had any issues with any of my information getting leaked out anywhere or to anyone.

I dealt with the customer service several times. Most of the time I had a decent experience. Only once I had someone who did not speak clearly and I had to request someone else to talk too. Had a good online experience for the most part. Only on one occasion the system crashed while I was using it and I had to call customer service to complete a transaction but besides that no other problem. Overall I like the company. I feel the rates are good. I received emails keeping me up to date on my account. I would recommend the company. I think their security is great. For this reason I give them a perfect rating.

Did not interact with them but the service was acceptable and efficient, worked out well. Would use them again if the offer was presented. The online site was easy to navigate. Found it to be efficient and effective. The site was as expected, no issues using it, enjoyed using it. The services are fine, the same as most banks, they were efficient, nothing was time-consuming, was very comfortable with them. The services and online website were secure as our most bank sites. Felt comfortable that my information was protected, was efficient, no issues.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Huntington Bank?

The customer service was outstanding, they hire great people and train them well. The online options included live chat, which was really helpful to me in my personal situation. I need fast answers and didn't have time to be on the phone. The online access includes a live chat option. The operator I talked to was able to quickly address my account issue, which was invaluable. I mean, the interest I earned could definitely be improved upon, but I felt like this was more due to the restraints in the market than anything else. I feel like the security is probably average. I rarely feel safe online anymore, and I change my password often to try and be proactive.

The customer service people are nice sometimes but they can get a little irritated if you would keep talking to them and if you really needed help. It's pretty easy to access their website and it's scroll on there as well to find things on the website. The website is pretty plain but has information. It's an okay services for people that may need financial help and I wouldn't think nothing less of it. It's pretty okay if you are really needing of it. I think the security in this place is okay for a bit. They are pretty well secured and I like that. Their services are very well done so it deserves 4 stars.

Customer service was quite well. They gave me a good tour and I was very satisfied at the same time that they would think about their customers before their own selves. The online access was good and so was the website but it needs a little work from now on. I'm not trying to be rude or anything but overall I think we off to a good start. Financial services was just amazing! They helped me with things that I didn't know and I looked at a tour of it. The place itself, workers and how it runs it is quite great and very nice! I'm gonna be honest I haven't seen the security in action because nothing was going on but have to give it three stars but if I saw them I would have given it more. I think the security doing a great job.

Applied for a mortgage loan with one of Huntington's very few available loan officers. It was like pulling teeth to get an appointment, email returned, phone call, etc. Finally my loan was approved. I could never get in touch with her again. I spoke with the regional office who said they would email her... I filed a complaint and never heard from Huntington again!! Not a phone call, letter or email of apology. This company is very unprofessional. I will never do business with them again.

Huntington Bank Company Profile