1.17/5

181 Huntington Bank Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 9, 2019

We opened a Huntington Bank account when we lived in Ohio, it was convenient. It has been over 25 years now we moved out of state but continue to bank with them. I get no charges, no OD fees, have a free debit/Mastercard with them. The only issue was in the last 2 years when they bought another bank. Their online system seems to handle business somewhat slower. Other than that they are a good bank to do business with.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2019

Eric, Ashley, Rose, and Lorie all are very helpful, courteous, and kind. They do everything in their power to provide excellent customer service and helped me navigate the difficult process after my mother passed since I was the executor. I cannot say enough good things about them!!

Get expert buying tips about Banks and Credit Unions delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

I have banked with Huntington for about 8 years. My branch has always been nice and helpful. They treat me with respect even when I come in to have something notarized for free. I do not have much money yet I am still treated like I have millions in the bank.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2019

Opened account and did not get my card for 18 days. Went to bank. They said they will ask for reissuance and it will take 2 weeks more. I wish there was minimum empathy or accountability here. They just do not care about your problems without card. Just sat there plainly and counting times in weeks.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2019

In a matter of a day, Huntington has gone from 5 stars down to one star. I must say that the reps in the banking office and the call center are very nice and I enjoy working with them. So yesterday, I get an email out of the blue from Huntington notifying me that they’re cancelling my credit card. Shocked, I call to find out why and spoke with a fantastic supervisor. He explained to me that back in March 2019 Huntington started reviewing accounts and because my credit score is lower than their new minimum score to have a card, they cancelled me & they’ve been doing this with a decent amount of accounts. Also, they do not plan to reopen any of the accounts however he filed a maximum complaint form on my behalf asking that they reopen my card as I am a single mom of 2 and need this card for emergencies.

I could understand them cancelling my card if I had problems with paying the bill or even if I was a fairly new cardholder but I assure you that I’ve held this card for at least 3-5 years and have always made on time payments. This has been a smack in the face and they have just proven to me that my business is not valued and I am now looking for a new bank for my checking account which I’ve had for 16 years.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Huntington Bank?

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

So I purchase a vehicle in June, and Huntington was one of the lenders that had a decent loan vs APR. After signing on the dotted line, a week later I receive a letter in the mail saying that they had made a clerical error with my loan numbers. They INCREASED the APR due to this error that they had made. Fast forward to a couple weeks later - and I have moved to another state and things have settled enough that I could get around to registering my vehicle. I go to the courthouse, they asked me to call the lender to get a copy of the title to be faxed over. I call and they say that they cannot fax a copy. I go home without a registered vehicle. That next morning, I call the lender again to try to request a copy of title to be mailed to the courthouse. The customer service rep that I speak with asks for some additional details - like my name, acct number, and home address. They then tell me that it will actually be mailed to my home instead.

A week later, I call to see if they had sent the copy of title yet. Turned out the first rep had been mistaken in what information was needed and I had provide different information. At this point, I am already a little annoyed with this "customer service". I wait another week and then call the courthouse to see if they had received the title yet. No such luck, of course. I call Huntington customer service once more and it turned out the information that they asked of me was not for requesting a copy of the title. No, instead it was a request to have them send a packet to the courthouse for the courthouse to fill out.

Fast forward to 5 weeks through this process, I just got off the phone with customer service rep #6. They are going to be sending the "title packet" to the courthouse today. Number 1 in customer satisfaction because they probably paid for those awards. I don't know about regular banking with this bank, but if it is anything like dealing with their loans department... RUN. I will be refinancing as soon as possible to get away from these clowns.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2019

I had called a dozen times trying to get a response. After waiting a month and a half for an answer I took my loan somewhere else. These people are ridiculous! All I wanted to do was add my daughter to the title so we could get it registered. So frustrating. Every time I call I would get a different answer.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2019

This is by far the most disgraceful place of business with the most outdated verification purpose. I have been a customer for more than eight years but I left the United States three years ago and I was able to conduct occasional bank transactions through online banking. An year ago my account got locked out for some reason and I have been trying to unlock it ever since. The bank's customer service is as useless as it gets and their verification process is ridiculous for an institution that claims to be best in class and has received all these rewards. I do not know who has voted them so high but they are horrible. They insist on sending me a verification code to a phone number that has been deactivated three years ago and despite my numerous attempts to change the number to my present day number, nothing has been done.

The only other option is to step in a branch and do it in person. Do they really expect me to fly halfway around the world to unlock my account in person??? In the era where everything is done digitally and remotely, they expect me to step in person into one of their branches. They are not even a nationwide bank and operate only in few states. If I am to visit again the USA, I will go to places that I haven't been to, I am not going to damned Ohio to deal with this stone age banking institution.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2019

I went to the bank in Westland MI on 2 separate occasions. The management was unavailable to notarize only one document. Carrying a toddler into a Meijers for someone to say it’s going to be 30-45 minutes on 2 separate occasions is ridiculous. No thank you. I’ll pay to have it notarized.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2019

The worst bank ever! Ordered a debit card that never came to my house, so tried ordering it again to my mother's address and they still tried sending it to my house and it never came, so a third time the lady says she will send it to my local branch and "rush ship" it and waive the rush fee for me. What do you know? They still charged me the 25 dollar rush fee and have been very rude on the phone and saying they are not able to give me my 25 dollars back. The absolute worst bank.

Huntington Bank Company Information