3.5/5 (370 ratings)

Find Banks and Credit Unions partners near you

About Huntington Bank

Find Banks and Credit Unions partners near you

Huntington Bank Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Huntington Bank?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Huntington Bank?

Original review: May 16, 2022

The manager of the grand Blanc branch, refused my handicap father service Because he was unable to get out of the car and go inside the branch he is a double amputee that just got out of physical therapy and did not have the strength that day. She told me to put him on my back and carry him in, he requires a back brace to support his body’s weight.that week They canceled his debit card without letting him know making it impossible for him to pay his at home nurse as well as his utilities and get food which is what forced us to have to go to the bank that day. I called and filed a complaint. Three days later my father received a call from adult protective services saying that I was robbing him, and the bank manager reported me to the police. He told adult protective services He asked me to do these things because he was not strong enough to hold a pen due to the necrotizing fasciitis attacking his body and he was present at each time a deposit or withdraw was made and I am his POA. I contacted the person that was handling my first complaint and told them what was going on they contacted the bank manager and she said she never did that. I contacted my father‘s social worker and they gave me the number of the report filed and the bank said they Well not contacts APS or the police to find out if she did this even though I gave them report numbers And her name is clearly stated on it.

This person is dangerous to customers financially ,emotionally and legally. Please Go to another branch or leave the bank.

Original review: May 11, 2022

Updated on 05/16/2022 : The manager of the grand Blanc branch, refused my handicap father service Because he was unable to get out of the car and go inside the branch. He is a double amputee that just got out of physical therapy and did not have the strength that day. She told me to put him on my back and carry him in, he requires a back brace to support his body’s weight. That week, they canceled his debit card without letting him know making it impossible for him to pay his at home nurse as well as his utilities and get food which is what forced us to have to go to the bank that day. I called and filed a complaint.

Three days later my father received a call from adult protective services saying that I was robbing him, and the bank manager reported me to the police. He told adult protective services he asked me to do these things because he was not strong enough to hold a pen due to the necrotizing fasciitis attacking his body and he was present at each time a deposit or withdraw was made and I am his POA. I contacted the person that was handling my first complaint and told them what was going on, they contacted the bank manager and she said she never did that.

I contacted my father‘s social worker and they gave me the number of the report filed and the bank said they will not contacts APS or the police to find out if she did this even though I gave them report numbers and her name is clearly stated on it. This person is dangerous to customers financially, emotionally and legally. Please go to another branch or leave the bank. She attacked a man who just lost his wife both his legs and served his country because she was mad she got in trouble.

Original Review: I have POA for my father and for some reason Huntington likes to put suspicious charges on the account at least once a month and have his card canceled. Well this morning it happened again. I brought him to the bank, he is a Double amputee and sits in the back of my car because it’s easier for him. He wrote A check to cash so he could pay his nurse and his landscaping people and the attendance refused to cash it. The manager of the bank Jennifer said she would not help him Until he got out of the car “and rolled himself in or me carry him if he was really handicap”. He was not able to go In the bank due to being weak from physical therapy.

He was clearly inside the car, had his driver's license, his checkbook and social Security card with him and rear window was open. I clearly explain the situation that the person in the back they were seeing was him. He’s an amputee he sits in the backseat he just had physical therapy and his week and his card got canceled for some weird reason. Again she sent my stuff back. When I came 30 min later after putting a back brace and Diaper on him and wheeled him into the bank. The staff scattered. The manager stated he should’ve just gotten himself out of the car. When she “helped” she would not even assist him at the handicap window, made him go to the tall window. Again even though I am POA for him registered with the bank, state, Medical everything they wouldn’t work with me.

Nobody situation is the same, Not everybody can stand up and walk not everybody can drive themselves, and rejecting service and then forcing him to go to a non-handicap window that was wide open is just plain mean and disgusting. If she’s doing this to handicap people So proud and openly, who else is she discriminating against or who will she discriminate against next.

Get buying tips about Banks and Credit Unions delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 3, 2022

Here is my view. First I was a TCF Customer since 1998. Great bank. Hungering has standby cash so with a credit score well in the 800, I spent all of the 1000 standby cash, paid back in 3 days. Did it again, this time they ask me to pay it back when I had a low balance so they could sink me. Wrong, I paid it back in a day they suspended my standby money. Look I am no fool. I will leave this bank for this dirty little deed. Never kick a down opponent!! I always have cash to pay everything. Why do you think I am always at 800 credit score. Bye-bye Huntington.

Original review: April 30, 2022

On the morning of April 28th, 2022, I was put in touch with a male individual in the tax department of Huntington Bank. I have been a customer for many years. This individual spoke so fast and was loquacious and that it would not let me talk and actually told me that what I wanted assistance with was NOT CORRECT! First of all, I was requesting help and not insisting that he answer whether or not "I" was correct! Secondly, I had an idea that this person must be on drugs. I could not believe how long-winded he was and how fast he was talking. Third, it really does take a lot of nerve to tell the customer that they are wrong and he never even attempted to assist me and the only thing left for me to do was say, "okay" "okay" "okay" while he repeatedly commented, "OH MY G-D" of course trying to insult me.

Resolution response: May 5, 2022

After Huntington closed my case with no resolve, I lost another $222 on top of the $350. I spent several hours doing research about the scam that charged my card for a product they misrepresented and consistently sent the information to Huntington card disputes. With my hard work and persistence, demanding Huntington open my case and investigate, I they were able to recover $350 so far.

Original review: April 20, 2022

Purchased what I thought was a ppo medical plan. I unknowingly bought into a "Caring Ministry". It was a scam. I called Huntington immediately, within 2 hours of purchase. They told me they blocked my card from this scam charging my card. It is over a month later and I find out they are unable to block them. Received a letter from Huntington saying to send the already forwarded information. Then 3 weeks later another letter saying my investigation is closed, that my paperwork request is incomplete.

I did not give a cancelation date. I specifically sent them the numbers I called to cancel and told them I am put on hold and they never pick back up. I am unable to cancel. If Huntington's investigation department will look into the information I sent them...Twice...They will see it is a scam. One of the phone numbers is a 3-minute recording. A person never answers nor gives you the choice of talking to anyone. At the end of the message it says, they are not an insurance company nor do they cover medical bills. Huntington could have never looked into this.

Huntington just told me that because... on my bank statement the charge comes up as "HealtHPrograM" and so the name (being "Health Program" must mean it is a Health Program.) Yes, Please Read That Again. So what that tells me is...if I list myself as say..."Car Insurance" but I don't provide car insurance... I'm still a verifiable business with Huntington Bank??? Oh...and I must be car insurance... Cause my name says it is.

There are no words to explain the sheer incompetence of that statement. I still cannot believe they told me that. I asked for my case to be reopened. I was put on hold for 26 minutes and finally hung up. I'm out roughly $350 and if this company that I was told a month ago was blocked but now find out today they are not...can charge my card again??? Don't know. Huntington gives me different answers. I will have to completely close my account.

Original review: April 13, 2022

I keep contacting their customer service to close the account as I am out of country and do not wish to return soon. But every time I call their customer service, they asking questions about my past addresses in USA, 25 years ago about just street names, despite answering correctly some of them they have fun by asking me to go to the nearest branch in USA. What a shame. They mean I have to come to USA just to close a bank account?. How can this type of ignorants and awkward bank is still in business. I urge all Americans to avoid this dirty inefficient bank. Do they think only Americans should do business with this bank. They have a minimum balance and should do transactions every year to prove it is not a dormant account. They keep threatening that dormant accounts have to pay high fees for being dormant. I doubt if they have any brains.

Original review: April 12, 2022

In short, they cashed a check out of the account that was not even ours. Their mistake and they admitted it. It took the account negative and bounced check fees were added. They said they would reimburse the account as it was their fault. It's been a week now and the account still isn't fixed. This is my mother's account and she is retired and on a fixed income. 74 years old and no access to her funds because of their error. Thank God she had funds at another bank.

Original review: April 11, 2022

First time using this account, with guided help from a bank representative with a mobile deposit. We deposited my husbands check via mobile banking…Photo of both sides of check deposited on Friday April 8th, and was told two times that the deposit would be available the next day, Saturday April 9th, 2022. The deposit was not available. Instead we got an email stating that they put a hold on the deposit until my husband's employer's bank (chase bank) can verify that the funds are available until Friday April 15, 2022!!!! There is a phone number on the front of the check if they need to verify the funds! Some MORON who is working on this hold WILL NOT MAKE A SIMPLE PHONE CALL TO VERIFY FUNDS AVAILABILITY! I know it’s “Their system”, but having a manager call the processing dept to try and get out funds available now for us, isn’t working either.

Huntington's processing center has the ability to make a simple phone call to verify funds, but REFUSES!!! This MORON won’t make the call, refuses!! You can override any system if necessary, but NO! This MORON won’t do their job! Consumers energy was going to shut my electric off today April 11th, 2022 because of the payment arrangement that I made for Saturday, April 9th, 2022 was declined!!! I made the arrangement knowing the funds would be available!!! I couldn’t stop it on time! I called consumers today Monday, April 11th, 2022, and begged them to give me more time! They did!! Thank God! So I still have electricity for a few more days. I cannot pick up my post breast cancer medication because we have no money for it, and I have to go a whole week without taking it! I am suppose to take it every day so that this cancer won’t come back!!!

For the time being, we have to live paycheck to paycheck!!! We have no money for my ** cancer medication, no money for gas for our vehicles, and have been forced to borrow money from family today for gas so we can get to work!! We have enough food for a few days, but there is absolutely no reason why any banking financial institution to hold up anyone's payroll check for this ludicrous amount of time, ever!!!! To hold up our livelihood this way is horrible customer service on Huntington processing department’s part! I have had several new bank accounts over the years with other institutions, and have NEVER had an issue like this! Ever!!!

Huntington’s processing department could care less!!!! I have overdraft fees now, or will after today that I WILL NOT PAY!!’ This policy of theirs is not shared with their members…”It just happens”, is what I was told! No written policy at all!! This isn’t the branch's fault at all, it is POOR MISCOMMUNICATION ON HUNTINGTONS WRITTEN POLICIES!!! Their processing department could care less about their members livelihood! That’s our hard earned payroll money that Huntington is holding up on purpose!!!

I am filing a complaint with the state of Michigan as well! This affects my health, and our daily lives!! Meanwhile, Huntington is making interest on my money, and every one of their members money they hold daily!!! Do they give back to their members that way??? No, they don’t!! Members need to be aware of this unpublicized policy Huntington bank has!!! They can be liable for my health if this cancer comes back to me because I didn’t have my medicine!!!

Original review: April 6, 2022

I manage my sister's banking as her POA. Huntington Bank has put her account on hold several times due to "suspicious" activity. I do appreciate the bank being cautious, they should not take forever to remove the holds after a reason for the activity has been provided. I would change banks if it weren't such a hassle.

Original review: April 5, 2022

I have now worked with several banks with regard to business accounts, working for different employers over the years. I have never experienced one as bad as Huntington Bank. It started with a horrible role out of the purchase and then transfer of accounts from our previous bank. (Losing account info, lines out the door at several branches to fix the issues of the role out, etc.) We have now been with Huntington since Oct 2021 (5 months), and just received notice of a second round of bank fee changes taking place. They are regularly changing fees every 2-3 months and each time, the fees have increased and are taking place on more transactions. I am actively searching for a new bank.

Take a Mortgage Quiz. Get matched with an Authorized Partner.

Huntington Bank Company Information