2. Finance
  3. Banks and Credit Unions

3.5/5 (243 ratings)

About Huntington Bank

Huntington Bank Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Huntington Bank?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Huntington Bank?

Original review: Oct. 19, 2021

My bank was bought out by Huntington and it has been a full week of attempting to reach their business customer service. I've probably racked up about 30 hours on hold and counting because I'm still on hold and have nothing to do but leave reviews to distract myself from the mind ** wait music... They totally botched moving my account migration because I can use Forgot Password? Forgot Username? using the email that they've successfully sent emails to this whole last month.

What really gets me is that they provide the number to their personal banker when you're having issues logging into your business banking. They obvious don't have a user experience manager because this whole experience has been a shambling mess. I thought TCF was bad, but then they got bought out by something worse...

Original review: Oct. 18, 2021

Started with Marshall Savings Bank, got bought out by TCF Bank, then they sold out to Monarch Community Bank, they sold to Chemical Bank, and finally back to TCF Bank and of course now it’s Huntington Bank. I was warned by past customers of Huntington Bank that they are not customer savvy. All about the buck. Staff are nice but over worked and apparently under paid. Never anybody at customer support, always having ACH problems, and the transition has been a nightmare. The first week after the buy out has been so ridiculous you can’t even get into the door so many people waiting to get log in issues fixed, balances are not correct, I’m tired of dealing with the constant problems they have created.

TCF was fine. I had no problems. Now all of my accounts are separate and I have to log in to multiple accounts to see my personal and business accounts. Super not happy. Just opened a new account at Kellogg Community Credit Union to see how they are. My son banks there and likes it. See you Huntington and whoever you sell out to. Lost a great customer.

Get buying tips about Banks and Credit Unions delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2021

TCF Bank of Minneapolis just sold to Huntington Bank of Ohio. I was worried about how the changes would affect me and use of my money. I was with TCF for more than 10 years and I got treated well. But I thought this change would be traumatic. I had also had just moved and just needed more access to my money. To my surprise I got instructions in the mail from Huntington on how to proceed. They must have mailed me a couple of times a week and all I did was follow their very easy and detailed instructions. The change over went without a hitch and I find the Huntington Bank site easier to use and it has more helpful tools for budgeting etc.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2021

In the process of being transferred from TCF Bank in Michigan to Huntington due to a buyout. This is been miserable and completely avoidable. Now I'm in bank purgatory because I can't access my accounts and can't find anyone to take a call and the website doesn't work. How awesome is that?

Original review: Oct. 15, 2021

No customer support anymore. I am looking at other banks to take my 1.5m commercial business. Have banked here for years. And this organization has declined steadily over the last two. And in speaking to the branch associates, they give me the impression they could care less.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2021

TCF purchased Chemical Bank of Midland about three years ago in a seamless move that required little from account holders other than to continue to patronize as before. Too bad it was such a brief relationship. Huntington has been involved in a takeover-transition/rollout for several months now, that has given us booklets of boilerplate, a steady stream of email and USPS mail requesting dated actions by TCF clients to facilitate transition all leading up to the switch on October 12. I completed these tasks on 9/28/21, and have an email from Huntington attesting that I'm "all set when online access to Huntington switches to Huntington on October 12".

Well, that did not work out as they planned. I found that altho I could log in, am unable to view my account and confirm that there was money in it. I asked if someone inside "could help me". That was a "No"; they were already helping others. Then, asking about time tomorrow, was told someone would have to call me back to set up a time. This is what happens when a business begins to milk an acquisition. Marketing resource floods the clientele with boilerplate detail and lots of hype while the operational planning and transitional resource is neglected. Wait time for online help is "greater than an hour" with no offer to leave a number for a call back. Staff at the branch act as if there are no problems....until you ask for help. They seem to know no more than the customer, or are unwilling to answer questions. I was able to get a staff member to confirm that the balance in my account was the same as my own records.

I now see, while reading several online commentary tools, my experience is not unlike that of many others. Fortunately we have other banking associations because I literally cannot move funds from my Huntington account at this point. To be fair, I just received a call from a staff member at my local Huntington branch, literally two minutes ago, scheduling some time tomorrow to help correct whatever the problem may be.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2021

My spouse and I have a mortgage loan together which, sadly, came under the servicing of this horrible joke of a bank. Rather than transferring the mortgage documentation and my online account, which I had with TCF, they simply deleted me from the records. I guess that must be easier than doing any work? This all started in July when my name had been deleted from the loan statements. I called TCF to ask about that and they said my name is still showing on the account and they would fix it. Well, they didn't.

By October 5th they were passing my phone calls back and forth between TCF and Huntington and not getting anything resolved. By October 12th it's as though I don't exist at all. They even reported to the credit bureaus that my mortgage account is closed (and of course they didn't send me a certificate of satisfaction), they refuse to talk to me about the loan and they claim that I'm not a party to the loan at all. They have talked to me like I'm retarded saying things like "Maybe you were just allowed to speak to TCF by the actual borrower (my SPOUSE) and you're not actually a co-borrower." I'm pretty sure I know when I'm a co-borrower to something as major as a mortgage loan!! Then they tell me I will have to FAX (IS THIS 1985???) them documentation to prove that I'm a co-borrower before they will talk to me about the loan or allow me to set up an online account.

They have no secure messaging system on their site and, in fact, as soon as Huntington took over TCF Bank the secure messaging system was the first thing to be deleted from the online dashboard. They were unable to provide me with any secure way to send documentation other than to go to a branch and "sit down with a banker." Ain't nobody got time for that, are you kidding me! I'm not wasting hours out of my day because THEY can't find their own heads! Maybe if they want to compensate me for doing their job I might think about it, but of course they wouldn't do that. So the Huntington phone rep continued to suggest I don't know what I'm talking about and demand that I send them proof as well as blame TCF for not sending the records properly. Um, Huntington took over TCF so it's now HUNTINGTON'S job to straighten out these records.

When I asked for the address to make a RESPA written notice of error he became confused and took on a rude tone just stating the same things over and over: that I should take the mortgage documentation to the branch or FAX it to "mortgage research." Since mortgage documentation is a considerable amount of paperwork, I asked which page, exactly, would they need to see? He was unable to tell me. And just to be clear, I had called a number that was supposed to be mortgage customer service but to be honest I think all these numbers lead to the same general pool of rude idiots. In the end he never did give me the RESPA address, I had to Google it. I originated this mortgage in 2012 at Northwestern Bank. Since then it's gone through two other bank mergers with no problems. It wasn't until Huntington came along that it became a nightmare.

I have more complaints about this bank. I had a business checking account with them that I opened in 2019. As per their usual lack of modern technology, I had to open it in person. It literally took half a day. I was in that place the entire morning just to open a checking account. And even that they screwed up. The banker didn't know how to open an account and didn't know what a DBA is! I finally got sick of them and called to close the account in early 2020. They refused to close it over the phone and there was no method for closing it online, I had to go into a branch and spend ANOTHER half day in there because, unbelievably, their bankers didn't know how to close an account either!

Also, when I spoke to the supposed mortgage customer service rep yesterday (Oct 12), I mentioned that my online login was still available from that old account. He told me that's because I didn't delete it, I would have to delete it if I didn't want it. Well I went in there and checked and I can't find any way to do that from within their "HUB." This bank is disorganized and their reps have no idea what they are doing or what they are talking about. I can't recommend this place to anyone, not even for one of their promo bonuses. Just don't do it. They aren't worth the serious aggravation you will feel. You've been warned.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2021

RUN, I was with TCF Bank that merged with Huntington Bank. I don't think it's been a week and I have a unexplained fee for "Check Image Statement Fee". I called the bank to ask why, I have been on the phone for over 50 minutes without speaking to anyone. When it come to my money I don't like waiting. Because a lot of my bill are automatic withdraw it will take about a month to transfer everything. One more thing I have to do because of bad customer service. I'm going to another bank tomorrow to start a new account. I don't feel they deserve a star but the system won't let me leave a review without giving them one.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2021

Just transfer to this bank due to TCF bank. This bank is horrible, the day my account transfer 10/12/2021. For unknown reason I was charged a total of about 500$ for no reason. Called customer service and it was an horrible experience also.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2021

Stand by cash does nothing for you except lowers your score on the credit bureau. Also beware when you go on vacation and use your debit card. They freeze your account and does not care that you can't rent a hotel room without it, This is the worst unkindest generic bank on earth. I tried calling corporate to get the problem resolved to reach someone who doesn't speak clear English.

Huntington Bank Company Information