1.13/5

Looking for a mortgage lender?

Huntington Bank

Looking for a mortgage lender?

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Huntington Bank Reviews

Original review: Dec. 5, 2019

Cashed a check on a Tuesday & spent most of the funds, then TWO DAYS LATER (THURSDAY) Huntington decided they wanted to place a hold on the check and withdrew the entire (at this point non-existent) check back out of my account. My account ended up going negative because of this and everyone I talked to seemed less than interested in what was going on or had any sympathy towards the situation. They literally do rob their own customers, HORRIBLE HORRIBLE BANK!!! Imagine your employer giving you your check on payday, over the next day you pay some bills & make some purchases and then the employer decides they want your paycheck back from you for an additional 7 more days and take the ENTIRE thing back out of your account, that's exactly what happened to me instead of it being my employer it was Huntington.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

What a horrible bank. Their ATM's don't work correctly and steal cash from the customer. When going to the Bank Manager to find out what to do, they just gave you a ticket number. And you have to wait. Not attempt to resolve the situation.. You often hear about people who rob banks, but this one robs YOU! Horrible bank. Never again.

Get expert buying tips about Banks and Credit Unions delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: Nov. 2, 2019

I would give zero stars if I could. I have banked with this bank for years. They have an ongoing issue with their ATM machines, however I’m beginning to wonder if someone isn’t taking the money for themselves. I have made withdraws from the machines without getting my money and it will still debit my account and they make you file a dispute and wait to get your money back, this times it’s been 3 days and they still haven’t returned my money, other times I’ve made deposits through the ATM with cash and it doesn’t credit my account until I file a dispute and wait long periods of time to get my money. Their response is “it’s policy” to wait for the dispute to be resolved. It’s a joke. I need another bank. They told me they are getting new machines because they know it’s an ongoing problem. I am now beginning to think someone is taking the money hoping no one files a dispute so they can keep it.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2019

I am done dealing with this bank. My husband wrote me a check and I mobile deposited it at 0600 10/24/19. At 0800 I received an email telling me they were putting a hold on it. I have talked to several representatives whom state money will be released on 10/31/19. I went into the branch and showed them the check posted to my husband's account and funds were verified. They still will not release the money or even partial. If I would have known this was going to be the result I would have just went to the bank it was drawn (on) the bank I also belong to. The only reason I did not was because Huntington was my primary bank. Never again!

Original review: Oct. 24, 2019

Customer service unable to help, don't even see what's going on my account, have to spend 1 hr of my lunch time to go to the nearest bank (they working till 5 pm, so I am unable to catch them after my work). In the branch, manager said that my saving account was dormant due to being inactive for several months (just about 5 months!) So, I wasn't able to transfer funds to cover coming Bills and got overdraft fees. Manager had no clue, had to call to another department, they explained him what's going on... He sent me BACK to line (5 people!) to deposit cash, so he could remove overdraft fees after that... Plus he acted like it's all funny!!! Service goes to hell! Literally! I will close my account as soon as I set up bill payments from another bank.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Huntington Bank?

Original review: Oct. 21, 2019

Where do I start? I linked my PayPal because they don't give you immediate access to your money. You have to wait 5-7 business days to get your debit card.

So after finally receiving it, I tried to disconnect my bank from my PayPal card. After thinking it had worked, PayPal tried to pull out money for their top up feature. Apparently, it can do that up to three times. When you don't have the money, the bank charges you an insufficient funds fee and an overdraft fee. Neither of which was I informed about. 60$ in debt later, I need my money and well, tough stuff.

As well on numerous occasions, I'm told that my Friday check will be posted on Monday. During that time I have no money. Living paycheck to paycheck is hard enough. Monday will roll around, and my balance is still 0.00. When I call, it's always some excuse as to the effect that it needs to process or whatever, and it'll post on Tuesday. That's 4 days without any gas, any bills paid, anything. It's absolute garbage. I'm so done with this terrible bank.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2019

I have had an account with Huntington for 3 years. Three months ago my card was charged 4 times and all were unauthorized. The total over $400 in charges. This set off a cascade of overdraft charges and subsequent bounced checks that would have never occurred without the presence of the fraudulent charges. I called disputes at huntington and was advised that it could take up to 90 days (mind you I had money being deposited into this account during this time). I begged for the EFT charges to be stopped to stop the avalanche of charges I was accruing during their "investigation". They stopped the EFT but refused to close the account during the dispute investigation. Which allowed for daily $37.50 charges for overdraft. Then out of the blue the account was closed and sent to collections....COLLECTIONS!

I won the disputes, and the company only refunded 4 of the overdraft charges. 4 of the 27 overdraft charges I received while they "couldn't do anything" about the fraudulent activity. The charges they did not refund me totalled $862.50...that's just the charges. I can no longer see the account, or the transactions. They are mysteriously missing, and hey what about the deposited money that were coming in throughout the time? Just gone? I would not have had 1 issue had I not been a victim of fraud. Now the bank has also robbed me blind. $1145 is what I lost in total. Thanks Huntington. You guys ARE WORSE THAN THIEVES!

Original review: Oct. 17, 2019

I came to Michigan prior to selling my beautiful home in Arizona and Donna ** one of your loan officers stated I could get a per approval. I informed her that I had a short sale in April 2016 and asked if this was going to be a problem. Donna initiated me no and that is why I sold my home in Arizona because I waited for her to let me know prior to selling and accepting the offer to the home. Many times, during the initial information once I found a home it seemed as though she didn't know her duties.

Donna added an appraisal on the loan after she told me there would be no fees for an appraisal because the home was brand new. Then there were several names that was not me on papers that showed my alias names and I notified her that was not me and the addresses were not mine. Donna told me that the underwriter wouldn't give me the loan because she made a mistake on the information that she informed me and that her information was not updated. I already sold my home and she left my family without a home for a short sale that happened 3 years and some months ago. The Fannie Mae law is 4 years but if she would've notified me of this information, I wouldn't have ever sold my home in Arizona. What is the difference between now and five months for this loan?

I have never not paid my bills and I have always done the right thing. That is why I tried to hold onto the property in Michigan when I left during the housing crisis. I have no other negative inquiries on our credit, and we don't have any bills either and we have good credit. This makes no sense that your employee lied to me initially and I wouldn't have come here if I knew there was a hold on the amount of years on a short sale. Donna lied and sent a letter to my realtor stating that I refused to sign the documents and that is why I did not get the loan. Why would I not sign the documents if I were to get a loan? Makes no sense, why would I be in this mess if I wanted a loan and suddenly didn't want to sign the papers. Your loan officer lied and falsified documents to cover her job. I have emails that I sent her when I first reached out to her to ask about the short sale and about her telling me they wouldn't give me a loan.

I have a perfect credit score and the only thing I ever had was that home short sale that was sold for the amount that was owed, even though it says they took less than what was owed. I would like to speak to someone in your corporate office as I have not been able to get a hold of anyone other than her supervisor Katie ** and she told me Donna did her job. That she can't guess what your credit will be. I notified her prior of the short sale so it's not like I hid it. I tried to speak to her, and she wouldn't listen to reason.

Your company has destroyed my families lives because of a "mistake" and Donna even notified me in an email that it was her mistake in the first place because she didn't update her information. I also would like Donna's license pulled and she should not be able to sell loans when she is destructive with customers lives. Your company has defined my character in many ways especially sending letters and lying about what is on them in the first place. I would like someone to follow up with me in this matter.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2019

On 10/11/19, I visited Huntington National Bank @ 2374 Lakeview Dr, Beavercreek OH 45431 to make a car payment. The drive thru was backed up so I decided to go inside. There were only two bank tellers and six people in front of me. One of the tellers was handling the drive thru and customers waiting inside. She was running back and forth doing the best she could. The other teller, was as slow as molasses and just kept talking idle chit chat. I got in line @ 1:10 pm and wasn't waited on until 1:40 pm. Of course, the slow as molasses teller waited on me and wanted to chit chat. I told her I just wanted to make my car payment and get out of there. It took her a while just to process my payment. I spent my entire lunch hour at the bank. You need to step up your customer service and get enough bank tellers to cover the hours you are open.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2019

Interest rate on my home credit line is 3% higher than it should be. It jumped and caught me by surprise. Poor customer service. Long wait times on phone calls. This is chronic and not just 1 time experience. Why does my review have to be longer than 200 characters when I can say what I need to say less characters?

Huntington Bank Company Information