Huntington Bank

Compare Banks & Credit Unions

Research top Banks & Credit Unions recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I bought a Samsung Galaxy S Edge. It has Samsung pay. I can't even use it because my bank don't honor Samsung pay. I can't even receive any rewards and a lot of banks even Military Banks accept Samsung pay and I think that's discrimination!! I'm handicapped and I can't even get my medication. How messed up is that?

I spent about 30(+) mins. on (2) phone calls asking to get a new debit/checking card because someone may have stole my card. Then, on both the calls at the end of them... the end results "I'm sorry you're going to have to go into our banking centers". I understand that they are making it more "FRAUD PROOF"... I followed their instructions exactly and then I still had no guarantee of NOT having to go to the banking center. What would have happened if I couldn't have walked? They are worse than 5/3 Bank. I worked for 5/3 Bank and I never have a problem with them like that! I was NOT satisfied with HUNTINGTON BANK!!!

I deposited a check for 2500 dollars into my account. I asked my branch before depositing it how long the hold would be and they said the most would be three days. After 3 days I called my branch and they said it would be held for 10 more days because the main branch randomly picks checks to hold? Who does this?! After reading other reviews, I now know they are getting interest on these held checks! DO NOT DEPOSIT CHECKS!

I called the bank to let them know I would be using my card out of the country. When I tried to use it, it was declined. When I returned from my trip, I called and was informed that they put a fraud alert on my card because it had been tried to be used out of the country. They had set up my debit card as the card I would be using, which I didn't take with me. They stated that they would remove the fraud alert. When I tried to use it again from home, again declined. I went to local branch to cancel the card altogether and branch manager talked me into applying for a new card since the other one was tied to First Merit from the merger. The next day I received my credit card statement with a past due charge. I immediately went online and paid it. After thinking about it I checked my checking account because I was sure I paid the balance before my trip. I saw where I had paid it.

I called the card and was told that they had applied the payment to my car loan. After checking this out I saw that I had paid the balance off 2 times in April and both times it was applied to my car loan. In the meantime, I received another letter stating my credit card was past due. Yesterday I received a letter stating my recent credit card application was denied due to recent delinquent account, and my credit score was reduced. I called Huntington customer service who informed me I have a $100 credit on my card because of the extra payments. And I would have to contact the credit bureau to clear it up!!!! I AM CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR A NEW BANK SINCE HUNTINGTON CANNOT KEEP ACCOUNTS STRAIGHT.

Twice now I have tried to get a home-equity with Huntington. Both times they sent the same guy who knows nothing about appraisals. My house is on Hoover Reservoir. It's updated, has lots of windows and a beautiful view. The appraiser used three comps that are not on the water and are not beautiful homes. In fact they are dated, weird and almost unfit to be lived in. Huntington appraised my house at $445,000. Just down the street a lot recently sold for $545,000. This was low because it is a very difficult lot to build on. The lot didn't even have utilities yet my house with a normal terrain, not difficult to build on, appraises for $445,000.

I understand an appraiser making a mistake. My problem is the same appraiser was sent to my house twice and made the same mistakes and they did not correct it. My loan officer Phil ** even asked me for comparables which I sent. There were numerous great waterfront comps to use. Well that was a waste of my time, They never even acknowledged I sent them. In fact once the appraisal came back I had to beg for someone to call me back. Stay away from Huntington. Big waste of time.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Huntington Bank?

I opened up a checking account with Huntington Bank a little more than a month ago. This was in response to an invitation they sent me to open the account. I needed to deposit $1000 in the account which I did. I deposited it with a guaranteed check. They immediately froze it. Nowhere in any of the paperwork they sent me did it say they would freeze my deposit and since I was using a guaranteed check (guarantee that the money was available to cover that deposit, in fact had been set aside to cover that deposit and couldn't be used for anything but that) there was absolutely no reason for them to freeze it. Also I do not have a bad credit history, I don't have a history of overdrafts, there was/is NO reason for them to do this.

They sent me a letter saying their "confidential sources" told them the check might not be paid (as I already explained, that was impossible). I live on social security, that was my whole month's income and they took it and wouldn't give me access to it for no reason at all. They may have commercials on television pretending that they don't act like a "big bank" but frankly, they are the worst, most horrible people I have ever dealt with when it comes to banks.

I was a customer of FirstMerit Bank for 22 years prior to Huntington's acquisition. The staff at the former FirstMerit Banks and the Huntington branches are friendly. I have used online banking at both banks. What I find with Huntington is that when I use online bill pay they take the monies from my account but they do not always disperse it electronically on the same day as reflected by the date it was received by the payee. They give a 3 day window to disperse. Hmmm. FirstMerit would take the money from my account and electronically disperse it the same day resulting in the payee crediting my account on that day. Electronic dispersal is fast and instantaneous. Why the delay? Also, when it comes to online bill pay checks to merchants, Huntington takes the money from my account on the date I entered to send the check, then sends the check.

I had 1 check that took 10 days to get to its destination resulting in Huntington holding onto to my money until the check was cashed probably making money off it. I bet they make a lot of money off of their customers with these tactics. (Sounds like a good class action lawsuit.) I wonder what would happen if the check was never cashed. Would Huntington give me my money back? Even when the check was cashed, I could not see it in my online banking because the money was already deducted from my account when they issued the check to be mailed to the payee. I think there is something inherently wrong and unethical with a financial entity such as Huntington to be able to hold a customers money hostage for excess time with really no reason to account for it. FirstMerit never did.

With First Merit everything was transparent. I don't see that with Huntington and I foresee a change in my bank in the very near future. I also would like to note that I am still assisting my minor daughter with getting her Huntington online banking fixed b/c they screwed it up in the transition merging it into my accounts denying her online access!

Horrible customer service. I sent in a check for $12k to pay off my account. Huntington only cashed it for $2k. 2 weeks later after calling everyday they still had not resolved the issue so I made a payment of $10k over the phone. Last night they processed my payment for $10k again causing my account to go overdraft. Called Huntington this morning and talked to Crystal and she said I have to wait for the payment to clear their side of the bank and wait for processing for it to be refunded to me. I asked how long it would take and she hung up on me.

Ever since the manager Jeff ** left the Powell Huntington location I have noticed a distinct drop off in service for just being able to off a deposit or pick up some cash. I'm an old guy so I don't use ATM's. I still like to get out of a car and meet the person who is handling the money... although of late, I've ventured out to the drive-through windows. For whatever reason, 5 people can be in a line and 5 employees in the "store" yet the 5 customers are provided just 2 of the tellers while others sit in front of a computer and look at a screen. In the old days, Jeff would jump up and take care of the customers.

Just the other day, I went to the Dublin location... the service was even worse... it took 10 minutes to get in front of a teller, yet the manager that greeted us after offering coffee went back to his safe place and stared at a computer! What's with that? Nothing is more important, in my view, than taking care of the people that got dressed, got in their car, drove and got out of the car to come give the company some business. I've happy to say I sold my Huntington shares when they hit 13.50+. I'm taking all my money back to where the bulk of my money is at Chase unless they can step up to the standards of Mr. **.

I went to Huntington Bank in Beachwood Oh to open a checking account. All I really needed as I explained was an account with a debit card and no fees. Really no such thing anymore but that's not the issue. A couple weeks after opening the account a credit card came in the mail. I had already received the debit card so imagine my surprise when a credit card shows up which is something I dont use or want. I stopped in the branch where I opened the account to speak with the person who opened my account. I wanted to be face to face so I could see his explanation. The guy was stammering and could hardly look me in the eye when he told me he accidentally hit the wrong key on the computer.

This was no accident. Huntington bank is following in the tradition of Wells Fargo by doing an illegal, requested, no paperwork was provided for me to sign giving permission, we never touched on the subject of a credit card. Huntington must feel that they are untouchable but they are not. Going into a persons credit report is illegal and intrusive. A bank CANNOT do a hard credit check without proper authorization which must be kept on file according to Ohio law for 7 years. If it was done to me it was done to others also. This isn't like an (oops sorry we made a mistake) thing. It is much more serious and if it takes years I will not stop until they are held responsible. There are literally tens of thousands of individual complaints about banks, you name it they have done it.

As an insurance agent I know that banks and insurance companies have entire departments to blow you off one by one. Im not an employee of any insurance companies I represent so its not as if they can fire me if I see something unscrupulous. The worst they could do is make up an excuse to terminate my contract and I go to the state of Ohio department of insurance and screw them, then I get contracted with a better co, no big deal and a whole lot of fun. Banks are different. They have employees who have 401Ks and are afraid of the big bad bank so they dont squeal easily. People get screwed over by the banks and they post something on the internet or go to a lawyer who wont take a losing case so you would need to give up thousands to get know-wear.

The regulatory agencies are unable to do anything because the banking industry gave big money to get someone elected. So no one wants to talk, no one will help and we are the idiots who get screwed with our fingers up our ** but there is a way. We can unite and not a living soul on this planet can stop us. I need emails with ONLY BANK COMPLAINTS! With a thousand signed complaints I can get us noticed, with tens of thousands I can get action taken, with a million real complaints I could get any law firm in the country to take the case of the People V Banking industry.

I already have hundreds from other posts just in a matter of weeks. People will say we cant do anything but we can. Together we can bring down the entire good for nothing lying greedy thieves that the banking industry has turned into and it will be replaced by something better or ill put there tails between their legs and do as their told by us. I have seen in emails the most despicable acts done to people especially the weakest in our society. Our seniors.

I have a client who was 82 at the time she told me the bank was taking 10 bucks each and every month from her account because after paying her bills she was overdrawn each month but the bank said "dont worry we will just move enough to cover it from your small savings account" but did not tell her it costs 10 bucks each month to do that. The bank knew it yet they kept screwing this poor elderly woman. And yes I did raise hell when I discovered what was going on and yes I did get most of her money back but without my help they ignored her complaints!!!

The people that work for Huntington Bank are super nice and polite. They always have a smile on their face and look forward to dealing with you. They genuinely seem to enjoy their jobs and are always ready to help. I find that the website works well and is fairly intuitive to use. Has plenty of options available. The pages load fast and makes for a very good experience overall. They have a wide range of financial services that met my needs quite well. The dedicated financial staff is very knowledgeable and quite easy to work with. They are helpful and not pushy at all. I have never had any problems with my account being hacked. I think that they do enough to keep my information secure as I have never had any problems.

My experience with customer service at Huntington was very pleasant. They were friendly yet professional. They made me feel like a valued customer each time I would stop in to deposit my paycheck. I really can't rate the online access because I never used their online website. There at Huntington they had many financial services to choose from. I can say that I was happy with that but can't recommend because each one seemed to have a charge or high fee with it. I rate security at Huntington bank with a happy, in my whole time of being with them I never had any issues with any of my information getting leaked out anywhere or to anyone.

I dealt with the customer service several times. Most of the time I had a decent experience. Only once I had someone who did not speak clearly and I had to request someone else to talk too. Had a good online experience for the most part. Only on one occasion the system crashed while I was using it and I had to call customer service to complete a transaction but besides that no other problem. Overall I like the company. I feel the rates are good. I received emails keeping me up to date on my account. I would recommend the company. I think their security is great. For this reason I give them a perfect rating.

Did not interact with them but the service was acceptable and efficient, worked out well. Would use them again if the offer was presented. The online site was easy to navigate. Found it to be efficient and effective. The site was as expected, no issues using it, enjoyed using it. The services are fine, the same as most banks, they were efficient, nothing was time-consuming, was very comfortable with them. The services and online website were secure as our most bank sites. Felt comfortable that my information was protected, was efficient, no issues.

The customer service was outstanding, they hire great people and train them well. The online options included live chat, which was really helpful to me in my personal situation. I need fast answers and didn't have time to be on the phone. The online access includes a live chat option. The operator I talked to was able to quickly address my account issue, which was invaluable. I mean, the interest I earned could definitely be improved upon, but I felt like this was more due to the restraints in the market than anything else. I feel like the security is probably average. I rarely feel safe online anymore, and I change my password often to try and be proactive.

The customer service people are nice sometimes but they can get a little irritated if you would keep talking to them and if you really needed help. It's pretty easy to access their website and it's scroll on there as well to find things on the website. The website is pretty plain but has information. It's an okay services for people that may need financial help and I wouldn't think nothing less of it. It's pretty okay if you are really needing of it. I think the security in this place is okay for a bit. They are pretty well secured and I like that. Their services are very well done so it deserves 4 stars.

Customer service was quite well. They gave me a good tour and I was very satisfied at the same time that they would think about their customers before their own selves. The online access was good and so was the website but it needs a little work from now on. I'm not trying to be rude or anything but overall I think we off to a good start. Financial services was just amazing! They helped me with things that I didn't know and I looked at a tour of it. The place itself, workers and how it runs it is quite great and very nice! I'm gonna be honest I haven't seen the security in action because nothing was going on but have to give it three stars but if I saw them I would have given it more. I think the security doing a great job.

Applied for a mortgage loan with one of Huntington's very few available loan officers. It was like pulling teeth to get an appointment, email returned, phone call, etc. Finally my loan was approved. I could never get in touch with her again. I spoke with the regional office who said they would email her... I filed a complaint and never heard from Huntington again!! Not a phone call, letter or email of apology. This company is very unprofessional. I will never do business with them again.

Huntington Bank Company Profile