Disclosures

Formerly FreedomPlus

3x Award Winner
Selected for having one of the highest satisfaction rates for Best Customer Service, Best Experience with Staff and Best Loan Process
4.5(697)

3x Award Winner

About Achieve Personal Loans

Achieve creates a unique lending experience by providing you with a personal consultation where you can discuss your financial goals and needs with a loan consultant over the phone. Through its simple yet sophisticated application and vetting process, Achieve offers a custom rate based on your job profile, payment history, and several other factors—not just your credit score. You could even qualify for exclusive rate discounts from Achieve just for applying with a co-borrower, using your loan to pay off debt, or having retirement assets. Achieve also offers home loans and debt relief options through Freedom Debt Relief.

Pros & Cons

Pros
  • Work with a certified loan professional
  • Easy online application & approval
  • Get funds in less than 48 hours
Cons
  • Loans not available in all states

Stars Rating

• 64%
  • 22%
  • 9%
  • 3%
  • 1%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Achieve Personal Loans?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Achieve Personal Loans?
    Customer ServicePunctuality & SpeedStaffLoan ProcessRates

Reviewed May 14, 2024

It was pretty easy to get the loan and the person who originally did my loan was great. They were very helpful, answered all my questions, and processed it quickly. But the interest rate is too high. Also, I called them a couple of months ago for the first time because I needed to move my payment by one day and the girl on the phone was very rude to me and condescending. I was able to do it, though, and then it just picked right back up for the next month.

Pinned

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We're pleased to hear that your initial experience with us, including the loan application process and assistance from our team member, was positive and helpful. We apologize for any inconvenience or frustration caused by the interest rate. We strive to offer competitive rates and terms, and we value your input as we continuously work to enhance our offerings.

Online & AppRates

Reviewed May 14, 2024

I got a personal loan from Achieve. I thought the interest rate was cheaper, but that wasn't the case. The application process was average. I still had to look up some stuff, but it wasn't too bad. I got on their website just trying to get in contact, trying to upload documents, then get it set up, and it was hard to find information on there.

Pinned

Thank you for sharing your experience with us, Thomas. We're sorry to hear that the interest rate for your personal loan did not meet your expectations. We understand the importance of clear communication and ease of use during the application process, and we apologize for any difficulties you encountered while navigating our website.

Loan ProcessRates

Reviewed May 14, 2024

Achieve's website was fairly easy to use and it provided all the necessary information that I needed to contact them. The whole process took about an hour or so to finish. There were lots of verification processes and documents to provide. So, the time it took was reasonable. Then, I closed on the loan about nine months later. I got a personal loan from them and the rate they gave me was excellent. The terms were reasonable and they were very helpful in going through the process.

Plus, they took the time to make sure that I understood the terms, and they regularly contacted me to make sure I was still satisfied with the loan I took. They've also contacted me about renegotiating the terms for a lower interest rate. I would recommend them. They give you a loan and they want to make sure you're making your payments on time and that you're not problematic. So, they want to establish some kind of a history before they start offering you incentives or discounts.

Pinned

James, thank you for sharing your detailed experience with Achieve! We're delighted to hear that you found our website easy to use and that it provided all the necessary information you needed. We're glad the application process, including the verification steps, was reasonable and that you were satisfied with the timeline and terms of your loan.

Customer ServicePunctuality & SpeedOnline & AppStaffLoan Process

Reviewed May 14, 2024

The application process was very simple, quick and easy. When I called customer support, they were, very professional and timely. Any question I had, the lady was quick to respond and satisfied everything I needed.

Pinned

Thank you for your wonderful feedback, Alphonso! We're thrilled to hear that you found the application process simple, quick, and easy. It's also great to know that our customer support team was professional, timely, and responsive to all your questions.

Punctuality & SpeedOnline & AppStaffLoan Process

Reviewed May 14, 2024

The application process at Achieve was seamless. Everything is done digitally today. It's very prompt and it wasn't stressful. Their reps were knowledgeable, professional, responsive and supportive.

Pinned

Hi Jill, thank you for your fantastic review! We're delighted to hear that you found the application process at Achieve seamless and stress-free. It's great to know that our digital approach and prompt service met your expectations. Your feedback is greatly appreciated, and we're here to assist you anytime you need us!

Staff

Reviewed May 9, 2024

While brainstorming to find a solution to pay off multiple credit cards I was online searching for a solution. After calling I was directed to Achieve customer service representative. After that, smooth sailing. I was given an option which solved my issue with a great representative of Achieve. Problem solved with great peace of mind.

Pinned

Hi Shirley, thank you so much for sharing your experience with Achieve! We're thrilled to hear that our customer service representative provided you with a smooth and effective solution to pay off your credit cards. It's wonderful to know that we could assist you and bring you peace of mind.

Loan Process

Reviewed May 8, 2024

There was a couple of back and forth speaking to Achieve but they showed me how the process works. However, it's not working for me. Right now, I am struggling to pay the loan and they don't help me that much. It was only one time they told me they could hold off on the payment.

Pinned

Farshid, thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are sorry to hear that you feel like we have not properly addressed your concerns. An account specialist will be reaching out.

Reviewed May 7, 2024

Achieve helped in my time of need. The process was quick and easy, and I was approved instantly. I got what I needed, so that was great for me. If people need money, they should try them.

Pinned

Thank you for sharing your experience with us, Bryant! We're delighted to have been able to assist you quickly and efficiently during your time of need. Providing a quick and easy process with instant approval is what we aim for, and we're glad we could meet your expectations.

StaffRates

Reviewed April 28, 2024

Achieve Personal Loans was easy to deal with and the rates were less than the other companies I had talked to. I talked to a counselor on the telephone and got some things faxed in. It worked out okay, so I was happy. They helped me during the difficult times.

Pinned

Hi Odessa, thank you so much for sharing your experience with Achieve! We're thrilled to hear that we could assist you during those challenging times and that our rates and service stood out among other options. We're committed to making the process as smooth as possible, and we're delighted that you found it easy to deal with us. Let us know how we can continue to support you!

Online & AppLoan ProcessRates

Reviewed April 26, 2024

Achieve's process worked good and it was easy. Their rates are kind of high but I have no problems with them. I would also tell my friends that with Achieve, it's easy to access through the stuff. Their website is very user-friendly.

Pinned

Ricky, thank you for sharing your experience with us. We're thrilled to hear that our process worked well for you and that accessing our services has been easy. We're also glad you find our website user-friendly.

StaffLoan Process

Reviewed April 25, 2024

I had a good experience with Achieve. They were friendly and knowledgeable.

Pinned

Hi Benjamin, we are happy to hear about your splendid experience with us! Thank you for sharing with us!

Profile pic of the author.
    Customer ServicePunctuality & SpeedLoan Process

Reviewed April 24, 2024

After a lot of back and forth with Achieve we finally got approved for our personal loan. Unfortunately, at no time throughout this whole process were we informed just HOW LONG it takes to actually receive the funds. We have done other loans in the past through different lenders and got the funds within a few days. After signing the contracting and calling customer service multiple times, we found out it can take 20 days to receive our funds. This is absolutely unacceptable when they promote a quick turnaround. We are disappointed in our choice of going with Achieve for our loan.

Pinned

Hi Melissa, we are sorry to hear that this was your experience. It is never our intention to make our members feel stress or overwhelmed when working with us. We appreciate your feedback and will use this to better our service and process in the future.

Customer ServiceOnline & AppStaffLoan ProcessRatesTransparency

Reviewed April 5, 2024

The rate was fine, considering my credit rating. The application process was so easy. It took no more than a few minutes. As as soon as I got word that I was approved, I had a phone call almost immediately and we were going through disclaimers, and the loan was funded immediately. I had a great experience with the reps. It was efficient. They answered all of the questions that I had and they explained things in a way that I didn't have many questions at all. My experience has been pretty painless. Any time I've needed it, they've worked with me.

Pinned

Hi Angela, it sounds like you had a really smooth and efficient experience with the application process and the representatives. It's great to hear that everything went so quickly and that the team was able to address all your questions and concerns effectively.

Customer ServiceStaffLoan ProcessRates

Reviewed April 5, 2024

Elijah helped us and he did a good job. The process didn't take that long. We were just concerned about the rate going up because at first, it was supposed to be lower. But the more you borrow, the higher the rate. They could have been a little more forthcoming on the rate. When we signed up, it wasn't Achieve. It was Financial Freedom at first. So the dashboard has changed. It was tough to get in touch with a representative I called Achieve one time and they said that they couldn't find me in the system. So it took a while for the two companies to fully merge because I could show up on one side and not the other. But overall, working with them was still beneficial. We still got what we asked for. We did it so we can get better credit and consolidate our loan. So it was helpful in that sense. They paid off our bills.

Pinned

Thank you for sharing your experience. It sounds like Elijah really came through for you, and we are glad to hear that the process wasn't too lengthy.

Loan ProcessRates

Reviewed April 4, 2024

I got a personal loan and the rate and terms were a little high, but it's probably because of my credit. Other than that, the process was rapidly done and any questions I had, they answered. We've been able to resolve things easily any time there's been any problems.

Pinned

Hi Timothy, thank you for sharing your experience with us! We're pleased to hear that you found the loan application process to be quick and efficient, and that our team was able to promptly address any questions or concerns you had along the way. We understand that credit history can influence loan terms, and we strive to provide fair and transparent rates to all our customers. We appreciate your understanding in this matter.

Punctuality & SpeedOnline & AppStaffLoan Process

Reviewed April 4, 2024

The lending process at Achieve was easy. The application took three to five days. However, I would have liked a smaller payment. There really was no negotiating. They told me what my payment was gonna be and really that's what it was. But I was happy because there came a time at the end where I got overwhelmed with all the payments that I had and that was a large payment. I went to my bank to pay it off. I would have been late with my payment but they did not report me as being late. They worked with me and gave me some time to get it straightened out.

Pinned

Hi Lorrie, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with Achieve. We're glad to hear that you found the lending process easy overall, and we appreciate your feedback regarding the payment terms. We understand the importance of flexibility in payment options, and we apologize if the terms provided did not fully meet your needs. Your feedback is valuable to us, and we'll take it into consideration as we continue to improve our services.

Rates

Reviewed April 4, 2024

The annual percentage rate and the terms were a little high. But Achieve Personal Loans did fine.

Pinned

Hi Mary, we're glad to hear that overall, you found our service satisfactory. If you have any further questions or feedback, please don't hesitate to reach out to us. We're here to assist you in any way we can.

StaffRates

Reviewed April 4, 2024

I was quoted an interest rate and when I got the papers, the interest rate was almost double. Other than that, Achieve's reps were nice and all was good.

Pinned

Vicki, we apologize for any confusion or inconvenience this may have caused. Our team is committed to addressing concerns promptly and ensuring that our clients receive the support and clarity they deserve. If there's anything specific we can do to rectify this situation or address any other concerns you may have, please don't hesitate to reach out to us directly.

StaffLoan Process

Reviewed March 13, 2024

Achieve (Freedom Plus) has helped me with four loans in the past few years. I'm paying off the last one this month. I worked with several loan advisors and they were all very professional and compassionate. They understood exactly what I needed and were able to calm my anxiety about my debt and provided exactly what I needed.

Pinned

Hi Sandra, thank you so much for your kind words! We're thrilled to hear about your positive experience with Achieve. It's always our goal to provide professional and compassionate service to all our clients, and we're delighted that we were able to help ease your anxiety about your debt and provide the support you needed. Congratulations on paying off your last loan this month!

Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed March 11, 2024

My rep at Achieve was very helpful and easy to get ahold of. However, I don't deal with him anymore and the girl, Whitney, was all in until the holidays. I mentioned that we had a loan and we were trying to find out if it was a home equity as well. She said it could throw a wrench in the plans. I was supposed to find out if I had some type of title deed in my closing. The holidays came and I called her back. Several times, I left messages. I emailed her. She never would return a call or an email. I got the papers to sign and sent them electronically to go ahead with this. But we had some questions, and she told me someone could meet us to do the closing. She sent me all the numbers because we were gonna consolidate everything and the Achieve loan. It sounded great but I never heard from her again.

Pinned

Hi Shawnna, this is so great to hear. We are happy that we could provide you with some relief and support you on your journey to becoming debt free. Thank you for trusting us and sharing your experience.

Customer ServicePunctuality & SpeedLoan ProcessTransparency

Reviewed March 11, 2024

I wish I had better advice at the beginning. There could have been a little bit more explanation. When I first did this, this was a debt consolidation. But Achieve demolishes your credit before they can negotiate with your creditors. It had a high bad impact at the beginning. The hard part about it was these creditors were calling me because they wanted their money. But the only way Achieve was gonna help at the beginning is if I get all my stuff supposed to be delinquent. At the time, I didn't have bad credit. I just had bad debt and a couple of late bills. But I was handling it. I was hoping this was a better alternative. I'm still paying it, unfortunately. If I would have gotten a simple loan, I would have done a lot better. Other than that, Achieve did what they were supposed to do and it's been helping with my debts. They do everything through emails so the process is very easy to do.

Pinned

Hi John, thank you so much for sharing your experience with our team! We are so thankful that you chose us.

Customer ServicePunctuality & Speed

Reviewed March 10, 2024

I used Achieve Personal Loans when my mother passed away a couple of years ago. It went smooth and quick. The day that my mother passed, I applied for the loan. And within 30 minutes, they called and told me I've been approved. The funeral process took three days. And on the fourth day, I got a check to pay the funeral off.

The second time, it has been over a month yet the funds haven't been released. It has been approved. But I consolidated all my bills, having them pay a bunch of bills off. But it still hasn't been done. It got approved within two days of the application. But I'm still waiting for them to pay the debtors off that I borrowed the money for. They said it could take up to 30 days, but it has been over that. I called yesterday. And it was no big deal. I wanted to know why the funds haven't went ahead and paid these people. Other than that, Achieve made my life easier when my mother passed away. That's where you need to get your loans.

Pinned

Hi Jimmie, we are so happy to hear that we were able to provide the support and guidance that you were seeking and want to thank you for trusting us. We wish you nothing but continued success in your future!

Customer ServiceLoan Process

Reviewed March 10, 2024

Communicating with Achieve's customer service is very easy. Once in a while, they call. They communicate, “How's everything?” They follow up. If there are any changes that I might need, they follow up with me, which I do like a lot. My experience is so far, so good. I would tell others to try Achieve out, to call them, and find out information about it.

Pinned

Hi Brigite, thank you for taking the time to share with us. We are thrilled to serve you and look forward to helping you accomplish your future financial goals. Our Loan Servicing Specialists are ready to help.

Punctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed March 10, 2024

Achieve had a better deal for what I was looking for. The person who helped me was very energetic and helpful. He guided me every step of the way. The APR was just a little bit higher than what I was hoping for, but it is what it is these last few years in this crazy world we're in. Achieve is very professional and quick. They can get you anything you need. It's a one-stop shop.

Pinned

Hi Robert! Thank you for taking the time to share with us. We are thrilled to serve you and look forward to helping you accomplish your future financial goals. Our Loan Servicing Specialists are ready to help.

Punctuality & SpeedRates

Reviewed March 10, 2024

Recently, my income didn't reach my banking institution where I had set-up automatic payments to Achieve. So, I notified an Achieve representative that understood my problem. I wasn't charged any additional late fees or interest. I was able to resolve my financial problem and thanks to Achieve, they didn't compound my financial issues, but instead provided immediate assistance towards my personal financial problem.

Sincerely,

Rick L

Pinned

Hi Rick, we are over the moon to receive such stunning feedback! Keep up the great work and please reach out to us anytime you have questions about your loan!

Customer ServiceLoan ProcessTransparency

Reviewed March 10, 2024

The loan process at Achieve was good. Their customer service was very good too. They explained things to me. I would recommend them to my friends.

Pinned

Hi Carlota, thank you for sharing your experience! Our team takes pride in providing world-class customer service to our members and it's great to hear you are happy with our service efforts!

Online & AppLoan Process

Reviewed March 10, 2024

The application process with Achieve went through smoothly. Everything went well and then there was a bump in the road and it made things go crazy for a little bit. But Achieve is doing their best to help me. It took some days to get everything straightened out. I'm satisfied.

Pinned

Mary, we are happy to hear that the application process went smoothly. Our Loan Servicing Specialists work very hard to provide our members with all of the information they need to make the right decision for their financial future!

Customer ServiceStaffLoan Process

Reviewed March 9, 2024

I worked with one person and she was great to work with and the loan went through. The experience was fine. When I called in the past just to check on stuff with my account, the customer service was fine.

Pinned

Hi Tracy, thank you for sharing your experience! Our team takes pride in providing world-class customer service to our members and it's great to hear you are happy with our service efforts!

Customer ServiceStaffLoan ProcessRates

Reviewed March 9, 2024

The customer service reps were good with me when I called and talked to them. Achieve’s percentage rate was a little high but that was how it was. The consolidation loan that I took helped a lot with paying off our bills. Achieve is good to deal with and if people need it, they should try it.

Pinned

Hi Ruth, thank you for sharing your experience with us! We look forward to supporting you in your journey to financial freedom!

StaffLoan ProcessRates

Reviewed March 9, 2024

The process with Achieve was reasonably easy but not perfect. The rate could always be lower but they’re better than 27%. People should give Achieve a shot. They’ve been good to me even with my screwup. Six weeks ago, there was an error on my part. It was a misunderstanding and they didn't get paid. But they got paid when I found out about it. And they didn't ding me.

Pinned

Hi Mark, thank you for sharing your pleasant experience with us! We are happy to be able to help you during times of stress and need. Please let us know how we can continue to support you in your journey to financial freedom!

Achieve Personal Loans Company Information