Achieve Home Loans
Our promise. We provide a buying advantage with verified reviews and unbiased editorial research.
About Achieve Home Loans
Achieve Loans offers home equity lines of credit (HELOCs). Its product is targeted toward people struggling with high-interest debt, like credit card debt. With a HELOC from Achieve, borrowers can consolidate multiple high-interest debts into one monthly payment. Achieve’s HELOC has a fixed annual percentage rate and a loan term of 10 or 15 years.
Pros & Cons
- Good for debt consolidation
- Access up to $150,000
- Fixed interest rate
- Funds in less than three weeks
- Origination and underwriting fees
- Can lose home with failure to repay
Achieve’s HELOC comes with a fixed interest rate and is good for consolidating high-interest credit card debt into one monthly payment. Keep in mind that Achieve Loans uses your home as collateral on the loan.
What is Achieve Loans?
Achieve Loans provides HELOCs that homeowners can use for a variety of purposes, like debt consolidation, home renovation and education. Achieve Loans typically markets its HELOCs for debt consolidation.
If you’re a homeowner struggling with multiple high-interest credit card balances, a HELOC can help consolidate your monthly payments into one single monthly payment — often at a lower interest rate. Achieve Loans states that the average customer saves over $700 per month on debt payments when they consolidate debt with Achieve Loans.
If you take out an Achieve HELOC, you use the equity in your home to open a 10- or 15-year line of credit. The amount you can borrow with Achieve depends on factors like how much equity you have. The company offers HELOCs up to $150,000.
Achieve Loans, formerly Lendage, launched in 2019 and is based in San Mateo, California. It's part of the broader Achieve family of companies, which has a history of serving over 1 million customers.
How does Achieve Loans work?
The process of getting a HELOC with Achieve happens in four simple steps:
- Consultation: You speak with one of Achieve’s mortgage advisors to get a free assessment of your eligibility for a loan. Pre-qualifying takes two minutes or less.
- Compare options: Your advisor gives you a full analysis of your loan options, including loan amount, payments, rate, debt you can consolidate and the total cost to you.
- Simple application process: Applying takes just minutes, and it only takes a few days for the Achieve team to gather and verify your information and decide on your application.
- Fast closing: Achieve can close on your HELOC and give you access to your line in as little as two weeks.
Once you’re approved for the HELOC, you have a draw period of 60 months. During this time, you can use the line of credit to consolidate your debt. As you make payments, you’ll have access to subsequent draws.
Keep in mind that you have three business days after signing your closing documents to change your mind about getting an Achieve HELOC.
Achieve doesn’t charge a prepayment penalty, so you can make a payment in excess of the minimum required payment at any time without extra fees.
Achieve Loans rates
Achieve's HELOC APRs range from 10.25% to 17% at the time of publishing. Depending on where you live, there may be fees associated with opening a HELOC:
- Loan origination fee: 2.5% of the credit limit minus fees, due at closing and part of initial draw amount
- Underwriting fee: $685, due at closing and part of initial draw amount
- Third-party fees (title company fees): $750 to $6,685, depending on the loan amount
You can have your APR reduced by 0.50% if you enroll in automatic payments from a deposit account.
Achieve Loans FAQ
How much can I borrow from Achieve Loans?
You can get a line of credit up to $150,000 with an Achieve HELOC.
What are Achieve loan terms?
An Achieve HELOC has a draw period of 60 months (five years). The term is 120 months (10 years) or 180 months (15 years).
Who should get an Achieve loan?
Achieve loans are good for people who own a home and are looking to consolidate balances on multiple high-interest credit cards.
Who services Achieve’s home equity lines of credit?
Achieve HELOCs are serviced by Specialized Loan Servicing.
Is Achieve Loans legit?
Achieve Loans is a legitimate HELOC provider. An Achieve HELOC may be a good choice for those with home equity who are looking to consolidate high-interest debt on multiple credit cards. You can borrow up to $150,000 and pay it back at a fixed rate over 10 or 15 years. Before taking out a HELOC, however, you need to understand the loan is secured by your home — so you risk losing your home if you don’t meet your repayment obligations. If you decide you’re interested, contact the company for a free consultation with an Achieve mortgage advisor.
Currently there are no customer reviews.
A link has directed you to this review. Its location on this page may change next time you visit.
Achieve Home Loans Company Information
- Company Name:
- Achieve Home Loans