This company is not yet authorized. See reviews below to learn more or submit your own review.
Webull is an online trading platform and mobile app that allows users to trade stocks, options, ETFs and cryptocurrencies. Users choose between individual brokerage accounts and IRAs, and Webull offers extended hours before and after traditional trading windows. It charges no commissions on trades of select products, including stocks, ETFs and options listed on U.S. exchanges, but it does require fees for certain actions.
Webull is an easy-to-use online trading platform with low rates and no account minimums. The platform lacks guidance for new investors, but experienced, self-directed individuals enjoy its data and trading platform.
- No account minimums
- Low rates
- Extended trading hours
- No commissions on certain trades
- Limited guidance for new investors
- Limited IRA options
Thank you, you have successfully subscribed to our newsletter! Enjoy reading our tips and recommendations.
What is Webull?
Webull is an all-in-one self-directed investment platform designed to be as technology-forward as possible. Its advanced tools and services allow customers to trade investments, review market data and ultimately diversify their investments online.
Although it’s relatively new in the industry compared to some other competitors, it has found its niche with its easy-to-use and aesthetically pleasing mobile and online experience.
How does Webull work?
With Webull, customers can invest in traditional IRA products, like Roth IRAs or Rollover IRAs, or choose an individual brokerage account. With an individual brokerage account, you can buy and sell securities and assets with ease. Webull offers extended-hours trading, and its team makes no commission on trades or sales.
It’s important to understand that with Webull, there's no investment advice available; it’s not like working with a financial advisor or another industry expert. Instead, customers are in charge of their investment strategies and performance, which offers a lot of flexibility and risk.
Because of its simple platform and $0 account minimum, Webull is a good place for intermediate investors, as long as they’re aware of the risks that come with self-directed investing.
Webull doesn’t require an account minimum, meaning customers can start with very little money. As for trades, the cost depends on the type of account being traded and bought and at what price. For example, a margin trade for a debit balance under $25,000 has a 6.99% rate.
Additionally, Webull does not charge commissions for trading stocks, ETFs and options listed on U.S. exchanges, but regulatory agencies do. There are no fees for ACH withdrawals or deposits, but you do have to pay $8 for wire transfer deposits for U.S. bank accounts and $12.50 for international ones.
Webull also charges transfer fees.
- What is paper-trading on Webull?
- Paper-trading on Webull is a simulated trading experience. Many new customers use paper-trading to figure out how to use a platform and how to fine-tune their skills with imitation money and no risk. Customers can do this on the Webull app.
- What are Webull’s trading hours?
- Webull’s trading hours are from 4 a.m. to 8 p.m. EST, Monday through Friday. These are extended trading hours, which means customers can trade during pre-market and after hours.
- Does Webull charge after-hours trading fees?
- No, Webull doesn’t charge surcharges or extra fees for morning or evening trades. Usually, though, bidding is higher after trading hours due to the bid-ask spread.
- Is Webull good for beginners?
- Yes, Webull offers what’s called paper-trading, which allows customers to test their skills on fake money before truly investing. But keep in mind that Webull is known for its intermediate or advanced investing options, so it may be a bit overwhelming at first.
- Is Webull really free?
- Yes, Webull is a free service, but many different types of investments and funds charge their own fees, which means that trading and investing aren't free — just the platform itself.
- How long does Webull withdrawal take?
- ACH withdrawals usually take between one and five business days. If you deposit a fund with a wire transfer, the withdrawal holding period is one trading day.
Is Webull safe?
Yes, Webull is a legitimate self-directed investment option. But just like any self-directed platform, there are lots of risks for individuals — especially ones that don’t understand how investing works. While that doesn’t make Webull any less legitimate, it does put more of the onus on the customer to figure out the best way to use its platform.
For some newer investors, Webull’s many data insights and trends can be overwhelming; they might prefer a more simple platform. But for intermediate investors, Webull is a great option for diversifying an account with useful data.
Currently there are no customer reviews.
A link has directed you to this review. Its location on this page may change next time you visit.
Webull Company Information
- Company Name:
You’re signed up
We’ll start sending you the news you need delivered straight to you. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.