Find an Online Brokers partner

Fidelity Investments

Fidelity Investments

3.8/5 (516 ratings)
Find an Online Brokers partner

Get advice from finance professionals.

Find a financial advisor near you on SmartAsset

Get Started

About Fidelity Investments

Get advice from finance professionals.

Find a financial advisor near you on SmartAsset

Get Started

Fidelity Investments Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fidelity Investments?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fidelity?

Original review: Sept. 27, 2021

They restricted trading during the robinhood stocks debacle and 5+ times I've found I couldn't use my margin on trades that their stake holders were holding. They will randomly hold your funds on a transfer when you have a timely investment as they have stake in the market. Thieves.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2021

Very poor customer service: 50 minute waits, calls get disconnected. No call back, you have to start all over with new rep—it’s like they don’t write anything down. For identity theft, the absolute worst!! They were ok with the $6k move that I didn’t do. My Macy’s card called me immediately about a $200 charge! I’m looking forward to never dealing with them again! Prudential and Principal are the best.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2021

I've had some experience investing on my own for personal accounts using several platforms including Robinhood and Stash. Fidelity is the easiest to use, everything is upfront and the availability for help is immediate. Any issue from general questions to 401k can be answered with ease. I know my money is safe, secure and managed all the time. I love the fact they offer free webinars to help learn more about trading and investing. I can even arrange a meeting with my advisor, and if I don't feel comfortable with the advisor I can always request to change.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2021

My accounts have been close and they will not pinpoint why. In addition the activities on my account I can not view because I cannot login. There was an email to me saying my statements are available but I can't see it.

Original review: July 16, 2021

I have had my money with this company for years. They are fine until you need customer service. It's 2021 and there is no way to chat online which would save the ridiculous hold times. They cannot handle a simple recharacterization for my IRA. I have called several times in the past 3 months & have gotten vague responses for something so easy to handle, they just cannot do it. I was sent a form to fill out for this recharacterization which I completed and returned. Last week, I made the dreaded phone call again to them knowing I'd be on hold forever, finally got to a rep who promised that the information was in the system. Told me this would be completed as of Monday (it is now Friday, and almost 3 months later than my original request).

On Tuesday, tired of calling I sent an email through their online "system". 3 days later, I get a generic script response of "please fill out attached form & make sure this is right for your situation." This is beyond frustrating. I have ALREADY filled out the snail-mailed paper form and returned it, which the last rep confirmed was received. Is there anyone with half a brain in this company who can complete this request? Is everyone out to lunch?? Thankfully there are several other brokerages that always want your business, so I'm going to do a simple rollover to one one of them at this point. The service has taken a drastic downturn with Fidelity Investments & it's probably going to get a lot worse before better.

Original review: July 3, 2021

When I joined Fidelity as a client 30 years ago, the company was clear as to its values and principles - then hired smart and experienced professionals. This is no longer the case. The company is bureaucratic, and they hire very average employees from companies like Starbucks. RECOMMENDATION: Find another alternative like Schwab or TD Ameritrade.

Original review: June 30, 2021

I had my IRA and 401K accounts with Fidelity for several years and was happy with their service. But when I retired last year I had the misfortune of talking to Thomas ** in the fixed income department at Fidelity about a managed bond account which he said would earn 3.5% income. When I looked into it I found that the rate he quoted was before expenses. When I realized the actual rate was only 3.1%. I told Mr. ** that I didn't want to invest in it. He became very rude, condescending and pushy and in retaliation for my not doing what he wanted, he falsely labeled me with Fidelity as having a memory problem. This caused my Fidelity 401K account to be blocked from my access. I called Fidelity and spoke to a Mr. ** about my problem, he said "I'm sure Mr. ** was acting in your best interest".

I assured Mr. ** that he was incorrect. Several times I tried calling Fidelity to get help and was put on hold for over 30 minutes before giving up. I was finally able to speak to Mika in the 401K department of Fidelity. She said she would look into it. I called her back the next day and she said that Fidelity was doing a review which could take up to 5 days and that she would call me back. I called Mika back 5 days later and she suggested I call employee service at my employer. I called employee services and explained the problem. They said they would contact Fidelity. A few days later my 401K account was unblocked and I immediately moved my IRA and 401K to another broker.

Original review: June 18, 2021

If you are an active trader stay away! Spent 2 days trying to get funds reflected that were wire transferred after numerous calls - made clear it was from another IRA. Finally got the funds to reflect but while I was busy making a trade an HOUR before market closes they unilaterally decided to close out my options on expiration Friday locking in losses that was still under water. Pathetic customer service. Predatory practices. Why do corporations still use them for 401K? Schwab and TOS 100% better. Heck even Robin Hood is better.

Resolution response: May 26, 2021

The matter was resolved.

Original review: May 25, 2021

DISClAIMER: This post and the information shown below is my opinion and based solely on my personal experiences. For the past few weeks, I’ve had a financial issue with Fidelity. As a result, I’ve called 1-800-Fidelity numerous times and am always transferred to different departments and employees. Although this is only my opinion, I have spoken to a manager at 1-800-Fidelity and she does NOT like to follow through and refers me to different departments. Fidelity is good when I want to buy and sell, but if I have an issue that needs to be resolved, management and the “Back Office” at 1-800-Fidelity have NOT followed through and continue to give me the runaround.

Original review: May 24, 2021

Poor service on Power of Attorney. Representative asked my wife to come to the line without detailing what kind of question (not specific just general). I tried to tell she is in the middle of something, and can not come unless it is simple one from top of the question, or if complicated one (i.e. account number), then I need to ask her. Regardless, representative cited security. Come on, it is about respect, time management and security.

Fidelity Investments Company Information