Fidelity Investments
1.29/5

Looking for a mortgage lender?

Fidelity Investments

Looking for a mortgage lender?

Fidelity Investments Reviews

Original review: Oct. 23, 2019

Today I placed a trade and quickly realized that I placed in in the wrong account. I immediately went to cancel the trade and received confirmation that the trade had been cancelled prior to execution. I then placed the trade in the correct account and it filled. Later in the morning I look in the account where the trade had been cancelled and see that the trade had filled. I had twice as many shares purchased as intended! I called and was told by the customer rep that there was nothing they could do as I owned the shares. Don't trust their trade cancellation confirmations... I sold the shares at a small loss and will have to deal with the headache of this being the only trade ever in my taxable account. While it didn't ovr much I was exposed to volatility that Fidelity had confirmed was cancelled. Had the shares dropped significantly I would be seeking legal recourse.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2019

Lies and more lies. Tried to open a simple brokerage account with 10k and ordered a debit card tied to my account. They told me I was not worthy and to take my business elsewhere. Are you kidding me. Go to etrade. They appreciate a quality customer and they actually gave me 2 debit cards and thanked me for my business. I have never had to deal with Fidelity customer service that was full of lies, deception, and fake security. In my opinion they should be investigated by the Attorney General and Securities Commission.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

After using Fidelity as my 401K investment management for 25 yrs, I've decided to roll-over to an IRA account managed by another company. Fidelity informed me that they would charge $25 to have the checks mailed to my residence. So I thought what is the $25 as long as they can securely mail a large amount of money to my home. I was in for a big surprise!

I came home yesterday and found a large envelop lying on the cement in front of the door from fidelity. Inside the envelope, I found 2 checks, one for $508.60 and the other for $272,599.62. Yeah, not a typo! it's a check for $272,599.62 lying on the floor in front of my house. That was how fidelity took care of my money! Never again!!!

Original review: Oct. 4, 2019

Asset allocation is probably the most important thing about investing and planning for the future. This is also the thing most people put off doing. I have been with Fidelity for decades. I have a Rollover IRA and a current 401(k). Like the experts say - everyone needs to re-evaluate their investments on a yearly basis and invest wisely based your your age etc... I dread the task of going online and re-balancing my portfolio, and/or choosing future elections. The website is clunky and getting final results may take several attempts. It has been this way for years. I usually plan to spend most of a day on it until I finally get NetBenefits to accept my choices and get to where everything is confirmed and can be printed. It would be nice to see some big improvements to the NetBenefits website.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2019

My name if Lori **. This company is the worst I have ever dealt with. I have been battling with them since August 22, 2019. It is now October 1, 2019. I have sent required forms countless times (at least 5) to start my pension. Each time they find something wrong and send me a letter which takes 6-7 days to reach me. This is delay tactic. The main problem here is they want me to take a lump sum now so they can get away with paying me only a portion of my pension. Many companies are doing that these days. Doesn't much matter if it is legal or not. They don't care.

I have spent hours and hours and hours of time trying to fix this. I get a different answer every time I call. From the moron robot that answers the phone to the representatives to the supervisors, they are completely worthless. Their goal is to give the people so much grief that they eventually give up. I have been lied to countless times and actually caught Angela ** in a lie. She said she didn't have a direct phone line, but she does. It was on one of the documents she send me. I called it and got her voice mail. So now, I have no choice but to turn this over to an attorney. Even if the attorney require half of my benefit, its better than letting Fidelity or their trust keep it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fidelity?

Original review: Sept. 24, 2019

Over the past five months, I've had countless phone calls with Fidelity trying to simply roll over a 401k from a different institution into a Fidelity IRA. Multiple times, their systems failed and I was never notified that there was an issue. Other times, their customer service representatives told me incorrect directions. I've had to have called them at least 15 times and the problems keep escalating...all from just trying to roll over a 401k. Their customer service representatives are friendly, but can usually not help you and have to put you on hold for a great length of time. Additionally, they're not always well-formed since they have so many call reps in different departments that don't communicate. It just isn't worth it.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2019

I have been scam by investing in their market. I did put in 256,000 USD with them, any time I want to request back my funds they always come up with one story or the other. That is how they ended up closing. I lost my money for the investment and it was a shock to me. I could not even believe my eyes when it happens. I have to cry out to a friend that ask me to contact this agency {Fiaoffice.com}. They are the one who help me to recover about 94% of my funds back so I will also like to help others with it as well so anyone who has been on my shoes can also contact them as well..

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

This has got to be one of the worst companies in the U.S., these people wouldn't admit to anything be it truthful or otherwise. They run you around in circles constantly playing mind games with the customer. If it was my choice I would not even have an account with them. Unfortunately, I am stuck with them as I have a QDRO on the ex-spouse's pension plan. Do not trust these people one bit for all they do is lie time after time. I am now in a financial hole due to them and you can bet your bottom dollar I will get no recompense for what they have cost me in money and time. HEED MY WARNING WELL!

Original review: Sept. 13, 2019

I needed to know the start date and cost basis of my ROTH account, and Fidelity was unable to provide those two simple values for MONTHS. Eventually, they told me to fax them a letter of intent declaring that I wanted these numbers mailed to my address on official letterhead. A month later, I received an envelope from Fidelity containing two pieces of paper: the first one explained that this was the documentation I requested, and the other piece of paper... was my own letter of intent. I'm serious. They mailed me my own letter of intent instead of the documentation the letter was requesting. This level of incompetence is hard to believe, but after three months, I still don't have the information I need. The people who work at Fidelity have the competence of spoiled children who have never worked a day in their lives. No one knows how to do basic math, or even basic office work.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2019

As per our experience with Fidelity, I would strongly suggest to steer clear and invest in CDs or other secure avenues that guarantee income without the tremendous worry and stress. In 2014, we invested over $300,000 and had numerous conversations with our agent regarding our conservative approach to safeguard our money as retirees. We also wanted to avoid unnecessary and numerous transaction fees and were assured we would only have a fee based on a certain % of our market value. That was not true based on the quarterly statements on transaction fees that we received.

For several years I repeatedly asked for straightforward figures on our earnings and overall fees paid. I could not understand the statements and they never jived with another report and the tax reports we were given. We were told not to worry about trying to read the statements/reports as they were so confusing (which was a red flag we should have paid more attention to). We were assured all along that we were doing fine and right where we needed to be. Imagine our shock when we got a phone call from our tax preparer who was our former investment person and asked if we realized we lost-a realized loss-of over $34,000 and ended up with an overall loss for the year of $26,000! We had no idea as our agent did not mention it and had only assured us that we were doing fine and right where we needed to be.

We accept some of the blame for not educating ourselves and blindly trusting our agent, but this was sickening news. We did belatedly research investing, became more proactive and had more questions to make sense of the reports that still didn’t jive. Our agent offered to have another person help us better understand what was going on. Finally this spring, we closed our accounts. After 5 years investing with Fidelity we paid them approximately $20,000 in fees and earned $650 overall! That is almost unbelievable, but unfortunately true. We then opened an 18 month CD at our credit union earning almost 3% and we earned more than that ($650) the first month! It is a pleasure to know that our earnings are guaranteed and there will be no shocking surprises and no fees.

Fidelity Investments Company Information