4.62/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Whether you are facing insurmountable debt due to job loss, divorce, sickness, loss of income, or one of many other reasons, CreditAssociates is here to help. As the industry leaders, CreditAssociates works with clients to provide fast and affordable debt relief. Our proprietary electronic debt-settlement software coupled with our team of debt advisors provide the system you need to work towards your custom debt relief solution. We provide free consultations for a wide-range of debt needs including credit card, medical, personal loans and more. Additionally, utilize our mobile app to track your progress 24/7 and instantly your timeline to being debt-free.

Enroll today to join one of tens of thousands of people we have worked with to get out of debt in 24-36 months.

View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

CreditAssociates is an innovative debt relief company that works with consumers who have $10,000 or more in unsecured debt. Although you have to pay a portion of the settled debt, 24/7 customer service and the potential for financial freedom may be worth it.

PROS

• Apple and Android app
  • 24/7 customer service
  • Free initial consultation

CONS

• Services not available in all states

Top CreditAssociates Reviews

The reps that I got to work with were very professional and had all the answers to my questions. Getting started with CreditAssociates has given me a huge sense of relief. They should continue doing what they’re doing.

CreditAssociates has been wonderful. I had been thinking about the program for six months. I did my research with it and it seemed like it was fair. It was great, 100% all the way across the board. CreditAssociates was to the point and very professional.

What is CreditAssociates?

CreditAssociates is a leading company in the debt settlement industry, having settled over $1 billion in debt. They are AFCC certified, and C & B Credibility Corp verified. CreditAssociates specializes in settling credit card debt and medical expenses.

The CreditAssociates debt settlement process should take 24 to 36 months to complete. During this process, CreditAssociates negotiators will work with your creditors to reduce the amount of debt owed. Though it might seem like a long time at first, taking 2 to 3 years to become debt-free is a goal worth achieving.

How does CreditAssociates work?

CreditAssociates offers a free financial consultation where you can discuss what qualifications are necessary for you to become one of their clients. Once they come up with a savings plan for you, you can analyze and decide if you want to move forward with their debt settlement services. You must have over $10,000 in debt to qualify for CreditAssociates and be able to make regular settlement payments.

If you choose to enroll, CreditAssociates will immediately start negotiating with your creditors. Once you have enough funds in your account to pay a settlement, CreditAssociates will then coordinate your debt settlement payment.

CreditAssociates services

CreditAssociates offers financial consultations and debt settlement services. Having a large amount of debt should not be a deterrent to working with CreditAssociates — they have vast experience dealing with large amounts of debt. Their goal is to take you through a debt settlement program in 24 to 36 months, though this is not guaranteed since each debt settlement case is different. Most CreditAssociates clients can become debt-free after paying a fraction of their original debt thanks to CreditAssociates’s debt negotiators. CreditAssociates will not charge you a fee until your debt is settled.

CreditAssociates FAQ

How much does CreditAssociates cost?
Typically, CreditAssociates charges clients 15-25% of the settled debt amount. Exact costs and fees depend on the size of your debt and the extent of your settlement. You can undergo a free consultation to learn more about specific charges and fees for your particular case.
How does CreditAssociates affect your credit?
Your credit will likely suffer after undergoing debt settlement services with CreditAssociates; however, this is true of any debt settlement process. If you stop making payments to your creditors, your credit will suffer even while you work to recover from your financial difficulties. However, many people with large amounts of debt still opt for debt settlement since it can save them a lot of money. If you aren’t looking to buy a car or house in the near future, it's a good option.
Where are CreditAssociates services available?

Some applicants will not qualify for their services. Even if they can’t do business with you, CreditAssociates can refer you to an accredited service provider equipped to help you with debt relief services.

• Alabama
  • Tennessee
  • Texas
  • Virgina
  • Wisconsin
Do you qualify for CreditAssociates debt settlement?

To qualify:

• You have at least $10,000 in unsecured debt
  • You can make regular settlement payments
  • You can take 24-36 months to settle your debt
  • You can eventually pay 15-25% of your settled debt to CreditAssociates

Is CreditAssociates any good?

CreditAssociates has received excellent reviews on ConsumerAffairs.com, and their clients praise the professionalism and expertise of CreditAssociates representatives. Although CreditAssociates clearly state there is no estimated savings guarantee, they have saved clients over $1 billion in debt. Their website remains somewhat ambiguous in terms of costs and fees, though they do offer a free consultation where numbers can be discussed. We recommend CreditAssociates if you’ve decided debt settlement is necessary.

CreditAssociates Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Oct. 11, 2019

I just signed up with CreditAssociates. I knew I have to get out of my situation with my credit card. I’m disabled, and I was supposed to have died last year, and I didn't. And so, I’m gonna stick around for a lot longer than I ever planned to. So, I better take care of this before I do die. After I found out what CreditAssociates is doing, there's gotta be a better way to do what they're doing. What they do is they start collecting money from you to settle each card. Then, you do pay the credit card people, and then, they get desperate enough that they wanna settle, and these guys were there, saying, “Hey, look. We've got this amount of money. Will you take it?” And they’ll say, “Yeah.”

There’s gotta be a quicker, less harmful way between where we’re going and what we have to do to get the credit card companies to where they wanna do it. But other than that, it’s fine. The reps from CreditAssociates bend over backwards, they're very nice people, and they sent me information like they said they would, and now, I'm just waiting for their first drawdown, and they're going to draw their money out in about 10 days. I have recommended CreditAssociates to other people.

Get expert buying tips about Debt Settlement delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2019

I got on the computer looking for credit consolidation. I found CreditAssociates and I called them. I was a little hesitant because the guy that I spoke to seemed to be just doing the steps instead of really comforting me as far as if CreditAssociates is legit. He seemed in a rush to do it. And so, that brought up kinda red flags for me. He needs to assure a person much better than what he does. I got some information but I didn't give him the bank account information right then and there because I felt a little uncomfortable. I told him I'd give them a ring the next day.

The next day, I didn't call them because I had a doctor’s appointment. I called in the following day, but I tried to look up to find out some information about them. After going through the process, I felt a little more comfortable. And I was feeling a little more relaxed with the next person that came on that read off everything and had me do initial certain things. With the information I got in the mail, I feel comfortable with CreditAssociates and I’m glad they were able to do something for me. Everybody was helpful.

Original review: July 11, 2019

The reps from CreditAssociates were very professional and informative. Kevin was the first one I dealt with. He was versed in the information that I asked him and he answered all of my questions. Three other people called me to keep me updated and let me know it was going forward. I finally got my last call saying that I was accepted and everything was good. I wanted to get out of debt with what I have in a year and a half. I asked them how much that would cost to do that. They told me that if I kept up with the payments, I will be out of debt in approximately the time that I asked for.

I just started with the program and they were supposed to take a draft out on me on the 20th, which I know was a Saturday. But they still haven’t taken that out. Still, I'm very satisfied and happy with their service. It will impact my life when it’s all done. It's gonna be great and if everything goes through, I'm looking forward to getting out of debt. I would tell anybody if they asked me about anything with their debt loan.

Original review: March 8, 2019

I work 12 hours a week and I go to school full time. I have been in school for six years and soon, my school loans are gonna start coming in as well. So, together with my school loans, I’m not gonna be able to afford to pay my credit card. So, I sought out help. I called different companies and the associate from CreditAssociates that talked to me was more thorough. I was tired looking, but the lady that talked to me sounded like I was gonna have more support going through the whole process. She was very friendly and very patient. I had a lot of questions and she explained everything multiple times. She was also very thorough, so I felt a little bit more confident because of that. She explained everything and everything that she explained sounded like probably was the best choice.

Signing up was pretty easy. She went over the website with me and sent me a couple of emails and with each email, she went over every single step. She explained every step and I just had to click to sign on the website. It was pretty simple because she helped me through the whole thing. So, it was fast going through it on the computer. I’m in the beginning step and until now, everything has been great. They even have an app that I can reach out if I have any questions or I have any problems. So, I feel pretty confident. Hopefully, we can get this solved quickly. I would recommend them.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

I was so far in debt, I'm on Social Security Disability, and I didn’t have enough money to meet my credit cards. I was just paying the minimum and barely keeping up. Even at times, like in the last few months, I was getting 100 off a credit card just to pay on another credit card. I signed up with CreditAssociates and talked to Henry, their rep. However, when we got my application done, he asked me what my bills are for the month, what they come to, and by the end of the month, I didn’t have any money left. When he was done, he asked me for an email. I don’t have one so I had to go to my friend’s house which is 20 miles away. That’s when he called back, and we had to approve everything over the phone. That was my hardest part about it.

The interaction with the rep was good but nobody has called me since the 3rd when I did the agreement. He said they would call me today. He asked when the best time was. I told him 4 o'clock because I'm still up at the house where I have the email. I just started the payment yesterday and it has been good so far. The rep said they'd keep me updated on the credit cards and what the credit card companies would say. The first credit card was due on the 8th, and the other ones are due on the 15th. And he told me not to pay and then they'd do the debt consolidation. He also said the money comes out of my payment and then after the first year, I can cancel it. He mentioned certain benefits for health and though I told him I didn’t need those, he said I had to sign up with that too to get the debt consolidation. So I signed up for and had to agree to it. Nevertheless, he was professional.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CreditAssociates?

Original review: Nov. 22, 2019

I needed to get out of debt and sought out CreditAssociates. I felt comfortable working with Mike, their rep. He was forthcoming in what was gonna happen and told me that it was gonna take time, which I always knew.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2019

When I couldn't work for two years because I had an ankle surgery, I ran up my credit cards and then I was getting overwhelmed with debt. I was getting desperate because I wasn’t able to pay everything, then I saw a TV ad with a guy talking about CreditAssociates. I also got a whole bunch of other ads from other people, but the ad on tv is why I finally called. The guy that I initially talked to when I called them up was really cool and he explained everything to me, including what would happen, what to do and what not to do. He helped a lot. I have his private number too. I just got one of their welcome packages and I saw that they took out the first deposit out of my account, so that’s good.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2019

CreditAssociates has helped me out a lot. It's stress relief and I'm great with the service all the way around. I had too many high credit card debts and I don't really need to use them anymore. I was wanting to get rid of them. I like CreditAssociates' monthly plan because within three and a half years, everything would be done. And the rep was very good at everything. He got everything done. He pulled my report and I told him which ones I wanted to do then he handed everything over to me so I could sign it. My whole process was probably less than 30 minutes.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2019

I wanted to be debt-free and asked CreditAssociates a lot of questions, and they helped me through the process. Their rep was very patient and he explained a lot of stuff to me. I made the first payment already and I’m waiting to see the way they’re gonna clear the my debt out.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2019

They really took their time to explain things. I had to go over lots of paperwork that I had never heard of. But I can live with it. I had a good interaction with the debt consultant, and I'm three weeks into the program.

CreditAssociates Company Information