Call toll free
4.45/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Whether you are facing insurmountable debt due to job loss, divorce, sickness, loss of income, or one of many other reasons, CreditAssociates is here to help. As the industry leaders, CreditAssociates works with clients to provide fast and affordable debt relief. Our proprietary electronic debt-settlement software coupled with our team of debt advisors provide the system you need to work towards your custom debt relief solution. We provide free consultations for a wide-range of debt needs including credit card, medical, personal loans and more. Additionally, utilize our mobile app to track your progress 24/7 and instantly your timeline to being debt-free.

Enroll today to join one of tens of thousands of people we have worked with to get out of debt in 24-36 months.

View More View More

136 CreditAssociates Consumer Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

I was so far in debt, I'm on Social Security Disability, and I didn’t have enough money to meet my credit cards. I was just paying the minimum and barely keeping up. Even at times, like in the last few months, I was getting 100 off a credit card just to pay on another credit card. I signed up with CreditAssociates and talked to Henry, their rep. However, when we got my application done, he asked me what my bills are for the month, what they come to, and by the end of the month, I didn’t have any money left. When he was done, he asked me for an email. I don’t have one so I had to go to my friend’s house which is 20 miles away. That’s when he called back, and we had to approve everything over the phone. That was my hardest part about it.

The interaction with the rep was good but nobody has called me since the 3rd when I did the agreement. He said they would call me today. He asked when the best time was. I told him 4 o'clock because I'm still up at the house where I have the email. I just started the payment yesterday and it has been good so far. The rep said they'd keep me updated on the credit cards and what the credit card companies would say. The first credit card was due on the 8th, and the other ones are due on the 15th. And he told me not to pay and then they'd do the debt consolidation. He also said the money comes out of my payment and then after the first year, I can cancel it. He mentioned certain benefits for health and though I told him I didn’t need those, he said I had to sign up with that too to get the debt consolidation. So I signed up for and had to agree to it. Nevertheless, he was professional.

Get expert buying tips about Debt Settlement delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

I had gotten hurt at the beginning of the year. My fourth and fifth vertebrae collapsed on me and I had some bones burst, and it was on my spine, and it was hitting my nerves, and it made my whole left side numb, so I was unable to be able to be at work. During that time, I got a truck payment I had to keep up on and bills, and I had to start using my credit cards to keep me going. And then when I got back to work, I tried to make up for that loss, and I was just getting farther and farther in debt with my credit cards. I've been trying to get along through the credit union and my bank, but nobody was willing to help me out. It so happened that I got the green paper about CreditAssociates through the mail. And then when I've seen that they were gonna cut my balance down to $9,000 and gave me a monthly price, I couldn’t beat it because it's gonna end up saving me close to 300 bucks.

The rep from CreditAssociates that I worked with, Jimmy, explained everything to me. He was polite. When I gave him all the information about my stuff, he checked everything and said I was good to go. He told me that everything’s been approved, and he already gave me an amount that they're gonna take out. When I was on the computer last night and looked at my credit card, I still have balances on them, so then I started getting nervous. I'd call to see if everything happened like he said it was supposed to happen. But other than that, I really appreciate the help that he gave me.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

I'm disabled and I only get $1,200 a month, but I had good credit. Then I got myself in a little over my head by getting all these credit cards and I was using the stuff to live on, which I shouldn’t have done. I got about $23,000 in debt and I wanted to try to get rid of it but I was just paying the minimum payments with everything and I wasn’t getting anywhere. But I didn’t wanna destroy my credit as I worked so hard to keep my credit score as high as it is. Before, it was at 725 and I was in really good shape. But it's in junk right now at 647 and it started to drag down as my limits got higher.

Then I saw this advertisement for CreditAssociates on Fox where a guy said "Don’t consolidate. Don’t file bankruptcy. Give us a call." So I did and the guy I talked to was very knowledgeable. It also seemed like he had his act together when he was talking to me. I used to be a salesman, so I was thankful that he didn’t try to pressure me because if he did, I’d run the other direction so fast and make his head spin. He was very kind and he waited for me to call him back. And when I finally made my decision that I wanted to do their program, he went through this whole thing on the computer with me. I liked the way that I've been handled by the gentleman that initially set this up for me. He was kind, courteous, and seemed like he wasn’t trying to put me into something that was gonna hurt me in any way. And from how I look at it, their program lowered my total debt by almost $8,000.

We put some kind of an account together and they’d draw about $391 out of my bank account every month, then they'd go and pay these accounts off as they can. This is the first month that CreditAssociates have made a withdrawal and I haven't heard anything back from them. They also sent me a file package and I got the book here. I've read it because now, I'm getting all these calls from all these creditors. I told them that I'm handling things and asked them not to call me anymore. But they said they were gonna send me letters and I'm saving all those documents as they wanted me to forward all of that to CreditAssociates.

So far, I'm amazed and I feel like a weight has been lifted off of me. But I don't know whether or not they have contacted these companies as of yet. After scanning the book a little bit, I realized that I didn't know that I needed to get on the computer, set up the account, and make sure they have all the account numbers. I was under the assumption that they had all that data because I looked at it when their rep put it on the computer with me. So I need to go through that, monitor things on a monthly basis, and see where we're going and how we're getting along. I'm assuming that the savings accounts had to be built up to a certain point where they pay off an individual debt then move on to another one.

Other than that, I feel very comfortable with the fact that I signed up with CreditAssociates and I don’t feel terrified or scared. I'm hoping and praying that I did the right thing but I had to get out from under that debt. It was killing me and I hope it doesn’t destroy my credit score too much. I also hope that I can climb back out of this and get back on top of the game. I feel like going with CreditAssociates is a win-win and as of now, I'm very satisfied.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

One of the credit cards we were paying on jumped from 330 to 800 dollars. We had a good rate and we miscalculated how long we were gonna use the money, and the interest just ballooned up. We knew we couldn’t pay that. We called CreditAssociates to see how we could work with them or how they would work with us and before we know it, we were enrolled in everything. We didn’t expect it to happen so quickly but we didn’t have a problem with it. We worked with Kevin and the first time, he gave us his number to call back. Most people that are doing this are working 24/7 so it's hard to find time to talk but I had a direct number to call him and that was good. Then when I called, he was on another call, so I left my message and he called me right back. We had a little problem and we called CreditAssociates, and they worked with us so we're happy with the service.

We are getting bombarded with calls from the people that we owe money from because we stopped making payments. CreditAssociates was saying that we needed to fall behind. One or two debts are still current, and by next month it’ll be behind and we know that's part of the process. Without the extra $500 payment, we're still paying about the same amount that we had before. The exciting part is that in four years of paying, we would have paid off the debt. We wouldn’t have been able to do that without CreditAssociates and we would recommend them to friends and family that would need their service.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

Last year, I went to a lawyer and filed for bankruptcy. At the same time that I went, I have landed on a job so the lawyer told me that I qualified for the bankruptcy and to pay him $2500. When I finished paying him, I kept working because my daughter was still out of a job so I had to help her financially. Then when I went to him in January, he told me that I didn't qualify for bankruptcy because I was making too much money. He should have told me that a long time ago. He screwed up my life big time.

On March 27th, I got terminated from my job so I qualified for unemployment. My last check was yesterday so now, I'm not getting that weekly. I was looking at the TV one day and saw the commercial on CreditAssociates. I took their number down, called them and I decided to stay with them. I worked with Catherine and Leslie, and they were great. I spoke to Anna, and she was great too. When Capital One sent me a letter stating that they were gonna sue me, my anxiety level went up sky high but Anna alleviated it. She told me not to worry and that they would take care of it. Another thing is that I have to call her to tell her that I'm no longer getting unemployment benefits. I just get two checks a month which is my pension and my retirement.

I'm on my first month working with CreditAssociates and I'm happy. It's causing a financial crisis but I hope that this could clear my credit. I feel like it's gonna work but it's gonna be hard because I have to pay for 36 months. I'm also a little sad 'cause I'm on a fixed income, and I thought I just had to pay $158 but then they charged me $9.95 for global something. Other than those, I would definitely recommend CreditAssociates.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CreditAssociates?

Original review: June 13, 2019

I was recently laid off and my friend referred me to CreditAssociates. I've had two conversations with them. It is still preliminary, but it's been very good and clear. I know that there will be a fee upon when they settle with the credit card company. I'm expecting that. Other than that, it's been pretty honest and straightforward. It impressed me that they were really straightforward with me, and they told me how to deal with the creditor. They showed confident enough that they will talk to them or negotiate on my behalf. And that's the most beneficial part of it.

Original review: June 8, 2019

The guys over at CreditAssociates were very professional, courteous and polite. They talked to me like I was one of their own. I was most impressed with the way Scott talks with me. He's very courteous and professional. The whole process was very quick. I had questions and he answered all my questions. My experience was very good and I appreciate the help.

Original review: May 31, 2019

The gentleman whom we spoke to at CreditAssociates was very informative. Also, we were impressed by their debt consultant's customer service and personality. He was easy to talk to because he was knowledgeable. Additionally, the walkthrough of the documentation was easy. However, we wished we would have a little continued contact to say where we're at in the process. Still, the electronic signature was definitely a plus because it’s hard to get both my staff and I together at the same time and I have to do all of that stuff if we were to have to go on site somewhere else.

Original review: May 30, 2019

I'm tired of paying high interest and I'm trying to look for a way out on my debt. I've asked the CreditAssociates rep a lot of questions. I was wondering if it counted against me like a bankruptcy and they told me me that it would not and that my credit shouldn’t go down that far. I tried to go through the banks and do fund transfers to other credit cards and the rep was telling me how a lot of times that they would do the zero down for so many months, and then they would do a back pay of the interest. He was trying to give me some good insight about how different people handle things about always trying to get you to transfer your money to different places to consolidate debt. Nobody really likes to let their credit go down, but that’s one of my only options at this point. And CreditAssociates made me feel pretty confident and comfortable about the whole process. They are pretty knowledgeable and really helpful. And so far, my experience has been good.

Original review: May 22, 2019

I came across CreditAssociates online and I thought they could help me more with my situation. They were pretty professional and they have lived up to their bargain. They were also pretty knowledgeable. I’m paying them $167 a month for the service. They offered a car loan and set a payment thing up with them.

Original review: May 12, 2019

Todd, CreditAssociates' rep was very helpful and answered all my crazy questions. He had a very positive attitude and understood what he was doing. His knowledge impressed me and he acted like he has been doing his job for a while. He was very kind and made sure I had his number to call back if I needed anything. CreditAssociates was a lot of help getting me straightened out on the road.

Original review: May 11, 2019

My experience with CreditAssociates' consultants was excellent. They were personable and they were professional explaining things to me. I'd recommend them.

Original review: May 10, 2019

Me and my wife saw CreditAssociates on the TV. After I saw it on TV, I figured it might help us out with our financial situation. And my experience has been amazing. They're very helpful. They've been helping a lot since we've started with them. Our debt consultant, Eva, was able to explain all the questions we had. And she takes it slow with us because we're not financial savvy. Everything she's saying is confusing at first. But she broke it down in just layman's terms. We've talked a few times, and she said to just give her a call if there are any issues. But I haven't seen any issues. Working with CreditAssociates made it easier for us to lower things since our bills are always high.

Original review: May 4, 2019

CreditAssociates is good. They said they're gonna help me pay my credit debt and so far, they've been able to. They were able to get me a lower interest.

Original review: April 29, 2019

CreditAssociates was the first debt settlement company I found when I searched online. They were also the first ones I called and they seemed like they could help me. Their reps are really good to work with and we are still working with them. They are consolidating our credit card bill of $25,000 and they guaranteed to cut it down to $12,000 right off the top. So, we pay them directly now. We just started the deal three weeks ago so we are new with it.

CreditAssociates was supposed to send me an info packet in the mail with everything that comes with it and I have yet to get that. I’m not satisfied with that. They have to make sure that they get that packet out. Moreover, we just have one credit card company to deal with but they have not done anything about helping us keep the credit card from calling us. It would be cool if they would reach out to the credit card company to let them know that they are working with me and that they are the ones to be called. Still, it seems like they’ve been good to work with so far.

Original review: April 22, 2019

CreditAssociates has been wonderful. I had been thinking about the program for six months. I did my research with it and it seemed like it was fair. It was great, 100% all the way across the board. CreditAssociates was to the point and very professional.

Original review: April 20, 2019

The rep from CreditAssociates that I worked with was great. He did what I asked him to do and he was easy to get in contact with. Working with CreditAssociates has been good and it's going to help me.

Original review: April 12, 2019

I could barely pay my bills and when CreditAssociate sent the letter in the mail, I liked how they said they would help you out. The rep upset me at first though. He kept saying he needed this and he needed that but I didn't have all that and I didn't know I needed all of that. I told him I would call back and give it to him. But then he said, “Well, I'm trying to help you out here.” So I hung up on him. I just had a lot on my plate. But then I called him back and apologized. That aside, they explained the program very well and they really helped me out good. He told me what my payment would be and it is way lower than what I was paying out. I think they’ll be paid off too. I'm good with the payment arrangement so far and overall, the experience was very good.

Original review: April 11, 2019

I wanna get out of credit card debt and have been with CreditAssociates for a couple of weeks now. They have been very friendly and down-to-earth. Working with them has been good so far. Their consultants are very good in terms of customer service and communication.

Original review: April 10, 2019

We ran out of money and had all these credit card bills. Signing up for CreditAssociates' program was easy and I think the program's gonna work, but we’re still working on our budget.

Original review: April 9, 2019

I had financial difficulties and I heard about CreditAssociates on the radio. I had a good experience with the associate who called me and walked me through the whole process. He was knowledgeable. They sent me documents I needed and the process is moving along fine. I’ve been working with them for about a week now. I’m hoping that working with CreditAssociates will help me out financially.

Original review: April 8, 2019

I’m being harassed by a law firm that represents a credit company. I am concerned that they are going to take me to court. I needed some representation that was for my interest and where I would feel that I was being treated fairly. I liked what the CreditAssociates rep that spoke with me had to say and how they could help me with my debt solution. I knew that there would be an end-game where it’d be done in three years. Plus, their program was a reasonable price and a reasonable payment. I need my money to take care of my family and the program wasn’t gonna suck me dry. Everyone that I spoke with was very clear and well-spoken. They communicated to me in a fashion where it was easy to understand. I’m satisfied with this company.

Original review: April 6, 2019

My credit card was out of hand. I was paying $500 a month and it still wasn’t doing anything. If I’m late on it, that's $700 a month. I knew I couldn't keep it up. So, when I saw an ad from CreditAssociates, I just called to see if they could help me. They were friendly and were able to answer all my questions. And it was no problem enrolling with their program because I knew I had to do it. I was willing to do whatever it would cost. I've been in the program for about two weeks and I feel good about it right now. They're gonna draw my money out the bank every month and it will be there for them to get it. I'm paying what they have asked and that's all I can do. I gotta wait and see if everything woud be like what I wanted. But so far, I'm satisfied with CreditAssociates.

Original review: April 3, 2019

I've had a good experience working with CreditAssociates. I worked with Adrian and he answered my questions to the best of his ability. So far, CreditAssociates has given me a good feeling even though I'm still in the infant stages with them.

Original review: April 1, 2019

I needed help with debt and sought CreditAssociates' services. Everything went good and it was explained clearly. The rep was able to answer my questions in a timely manner. What stood out was he made me aware of what was going on.

Original review: March 29, 2019

I had a terrible experience with CreditAssociates' representatives. I didn't know how their services worked so I was looking for some information. Their reps kept pushing me to the stuff that I was not in accordance with. I didn't wanna do what they asked me to do but before I knew it, I ended up saying yes to an agreement. I then had to call several times to cancel that agreement. Doing that, however, was the worst part. They keep trying to convince me not to cancel so I had to keep calling until somebody finally listened to me. I was really mad and I was cursing at them. People at CreditAssociates should listen to people and explain what something is before you push a person to do something that they are not willing to do. I thought that you only have to make one payment, but I was never told that I have to stop paying all my credit cards. I found that out on the third time that I called.

CreditAssociates response

Thank you for your feedback. We certainly want to ensure each of our clients is ready to eliminate their debts before enrolling into the program. We will have someone reach out to you about your experience. If you still need to cancel, we include a convenient form to do so. You can find it with your documents that explain the details of the program.

Original review: March 28, 2019

I heard about CreditAssociates on the radio and my debt, which was a lot, was outstanding. I just started with them and I have had an easy experience but I don’t have any information on when the debt’s gonna be paid or when I’m gonna have that wiped off from my bank account.

Original review: March 27, 2019

I was in debt and wanted to minimize it. I signed up with CreditAssociates and my experience with them was very good. I was impressed with the debt consultant. He walked me through everything. CreditAssociates is getting me back on track, so that’s wonderful.

Original review: March 19, 2019

My experience with CreditAssociates has been fine. Everyone has been great so far and the program has brought the payment down, but I'm concerned that it would affect my credit rating. Other than that, I would recommend CreditAssociates.

Original review: March 18, 2019

I sought CreditAssociates’ services since I needed help to get out of debt. I talked to a rep to get set up with them initially. So far, I've only made one payment and working with them has been good. They keep calling me and it's comfortable knowing that I’m getting most of my debt taken care of.

CreditAssociates expert review by Barbara Friedberg

This company is a debt settlement advisor that can help you reduce the amount of money you owe. They work directly with creditors to get their clients lower overall payments so they can be debt-free in as little as 24-36 months.

• Credit advisors who are always available: You can contact CreditAssociates 24/7 to speak to an expert about your debt.

• Free debt consultation: If you aren’t sure whether or not you want to try debt settlement, you can start with a free debt consultation from CreditAssociates. They will give you a free savings plan that will give you a good idea of whether or not you want to move forward.

• No fees until debts are resolved: CreditAssociates doesn’t charge fees until all of your debts are resolved to your satisfaction.

• Free savings estimator: This free tool is available on CreditAssociates’ website and can give you an overview of how much debt settlement could potentially save you compared with debt consolidation or doing nothing.

• DebtApp: DebtApp from CreditAssociates is available on Apple and Android devices. This app allows you to easily track your progress, update your records and check on your account.

Profile picture of Barbara Friedberg