Call toll free
4.38/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Whether you are facing insurmountable debt due to job loss, divorce, sickness, loss of income, or one of many other reasons, CreditAssociates is here to help. As the industry leaders, CreditAssociates works with clients to provide fast and affordable debt relief. Our proprietary electronic debt-settlement software coupled with our team of debt advisors provide the system you need to work towards your custom debt relief solution. We provide free consultations for a wide-range of debt needs including credit card, medical, personal loans and more. Additionally, utilize our mobile app to track your progress 24/7 and instantly your timeline to being debt-free.

Enroll today to join one of tens of thousands of people we have worked with to get out of debt in 24-36 months.

View More View More

84 CreditAssociates Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

I was looking for some help to alleviate me with all the bills that I have to pay with. It was just a little too much for me at the moment. I have CreditAssociates for debt consolidation because I am putting three loans together and I'm gonna be making one single payment to that. It was the first time I had ever done anything like it and I was still a little skeptical about everything. It took a minute to understand everything that was happening. But the reps are professional and they answer any question I have before I even asked it so I really like that.

Get expert buying tips about Debt Consolidation Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

I had so much bill and I lost my job. I tried to join this company to see what I can do and how much money we can save before it got too late. I called and talked to a gentleman and so far, my experience has been good. He explained what they do and he was clear. I asked him questions because I didn’t wanna file for bankruptcy. He said that in four years, when I've paid up, my credit should be back to normal. But I know the creditors are already gonna be messed up in that time. All those creditors are still gonna be reporting to the credit bureau. If CreditAssociates would contact all those creditors, I don't know if they're still gonna report the payments as late when CreditAssociates try to send them the payment. Nobody ever explained that to me and that is the only problem.

When all the creditors that I owe money to are not calling me anymore, that's when I would think CreditAssociates must be doing their job. But right now, I'm still receiving a lot of phone calls every single day. And I’m answering them nothing. I don’t know if I can answer them and say I hired CreditAssociates and we would give them a call. I've set up all this paperwork and somebody is supposed to call me. But nobody has called me yet.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

I’ve heard some good reports about CreditAssociates and that was my main motivation in reaching out to them. The CreditAssociates representative was very kind. He gave me the amount that I would be paying and I was fine with that but when I asked what the interest rate was, he said it was 24% and everything was included. I didn’t get a direct answer. It was a lot of information given to me and I felt overwhelmed at the moment. I was also giving out a lot of personal information, so I was a little whipped up. Other than that, everything was fine. I was very comfortable speaking with the representative. I understood everything he said and if I didn’t quite catch it, I would re-ask.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

I worked with Adrian at CreditAssociates and he was attentive towards my problems, and he made me more comfortable going through with what I started. He let me know what was going on and gave me all the numbers. He also gave me his private telephone number if I needed help with anything. He explained it all very, very well. My payment would be $135 per month for 36 months, and I could swing it.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

Enrolling with CreditAssociates was really easy. I sought their services due to the high interest rates on credit cards and since then, I've had peace of mind. Everything with my debt consultant went smoothly.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CreditAssociates?

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

My credit card debt went up and up. I've been calling around asking for a loan so I can pay my credit cards, but everybody said no. Then I called CreditAssociates and I was surprised with the very good interactions I had with the representatives. What they told me was a good deal and they're helping me a lot with what I need with the credit cards. They said they wanna call me for my credit cards, but nobody called me yet. If everything’s gonna be okay now until two or three years, then I'm paying this credit card. CreditAssociates help and you can finish paying a credit card instead of paying the minimum payment, which is never finished. I'd recommend CreditAssociates.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

Among the companies that I talked to, CreditAssociates impressed me the most. I found them to be more knowledgeable and definitely more congenial. And I like the way they did their business. Their consultant had been a customer and had done exactly what I was trying to do. So, she definitely had her ducks in a row and she certainly talked the talk and walked the walk. I’m just getting started with the debt relief process and they have come through on everything that I've questioned them on and have done everything that I’ve asked them to do. They take so much out of my checking account every month, and it goes into an account and it builds up. And they use that money to get me out of debt.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

I was so far in debt, I'm on Social Security Disability, and I didn’t have enough money to meet my credit cards. I was just paying the minimum and barely keeping up. Even at times, like in the last few months, I was getting 100 off a credit card just to pay on another credit card. I signed up with CreditAssociates and talked to Henry, their rep. However, when we got my application done, he asked me what my bills are for the month, what they come to, and by the end of the month, I didn’t have any money left. When he was done, he asked me for an email. I don’t have one so I had to go to my friend’s house which is 20 miles away. That’s when he called back, and we had to approve everything over the phone. That was my hardest part about it.

The interaction with the rep was good but nobody has called me since the 3rd when I did the agreement. He said they would call me today. He asked when the best time was. I told him 4 o'clock because I'm still up at the house where I have the email. I just started the payment yesterday and it has been good so far. The rep said they'd keep me updated on the credit cards and what the credit card companies would say. The first credit card was due on the 8th, and the other ones are due on the 15th. And he told me not to pay and then they'd do the debt consolidation. He also said the money comes out of my payment and then after the first year, I can cancel it. He mentioned certain benefits for health and though I told him I didn’t need those, he said I had to sign up with that too to get the debt consolidation. So I signed up for and had to agree to it. Nevertheless, he was professional.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

I’ve had one interaction with CreditAssociates and it was a very good one. It was pretty easy. It was to begin a file and the consultant was very kind. He handled it very swiftly. He made me feel very confident and reassured and did not make me feel like I was copping out. He was trying to help us from the very beginning. He went over everything very thoroughly and quickly. The whole interaction didn’t take more than 30 minutes. And that was such a relief to have somebody care so much and be so thorough and not drag it out.

I did miss a call back from him because I was sick, and I haven’t had a chance to call him back because I’ve been ill. But he did call me, and he was probably gonna give me some more information or an update. And he was very sweet, compassionate and efficient. He knew what he was talking about. For the payment arrangement, it’s less than half than what I was paying. And it’s for 42 months instead of the next 10 years.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

Jill talked to me quite a while, and she was never pushy. It took me several months to decide the route to go, so she gave a number to call if I had any questions. And then I finally made my mind up to go with CreditAssociates. We did everything on email, and it took some time. I just started with them and they’ve been very helpful to get me out of debt. My experience has been good so far. Everybody has been very helpful, and they have somebody to talk to if I ever had a question.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

I'm with Dime Savings Bank and the interest on the loan is too much. I can’t take care of it the way it is and I never paid it off. So I sought the services from CreditAssociates, and the people there seemed pretty good. I didn’t have any problems explaining my situation to them and we went over everything. I would lose some money off the top and be paying less money than I really had to if they didn’t quite understand.

Originally, I talked to somebody else. He mentioned that they would take over the loan amount and he told me what I could do and where I would be paying. They would work with the bank, and I could make the payments on a monthly basis. He told me what the amount would be if I made such and such payments and he asked me what I would be comfortable with paying per month. When we did that, we figured it out. For instance, I can do $309.59 for 42 payments. They said that could be negotiable at any time, and if I had any problem, I could call them up to straighten things out or change anything.

I wasn't ready, however, so we went back and forth a few times. Then I had a call into someone else, Stephanie. Finally, I called but I never seemed to get her. But I dealt with whoever answered and today, I called for Stephanie again. I felt that the communication with CreditAssociates was okay, but I felt a lot better talking to Stephanie. She hasn’t called me back, however. I haven’t really even started with the program. But my wallet was stolen recently, and that might be one of the problems. We've straightened it all out, but I haven’t gotten everything back, like the renewal card from the bank that I can use. I don’t know if it makes any difference to CreditAssociates anyway. I am supposed to receive a whole bunch of packages from the company in the mail, but I never received anything back and I never heard from them since.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

CreditAssociates called me and the pros that they presented sounded reasonable to me. The rep who has helped me through the process so far said that I will receive a call from some other group this week but I have not received the call yet. I'm still going through the process now and it's going fine.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

I needed help. I signed up with CreditAssociates and my experience with them has been very good. Everybody's helpful and nice to me. They also tell me what I need to know. I work with Ava and she's really knowledgeable. She's a very nice person and I like and trust her.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

CreditAssociates showed me that I had 8,000 in debt and that they could reduce it to 4,000. I could be out of debt in three and a half years just paying 111 a month and it sounded good to me. I called and we worked it out over the phone. I just bought a smartphone so I was able to sign the papers electronically over my smartphone, and it went smoothly. They set up the plan clearly and made it clear what would be drafted out of my bank account every month. It was very easy. Then in December, they took the first payment out of my account and everything went exactly as they said it would be. They were on the ball so I have confidence that we’ll have a good relationship.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

Everything's been just fine with my experience with Credit Associates. The people whom I've worked with have been great.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

I had two credit cards with a total debt of $16,200 and something. The other company I talked to had interest for their monthly payments but CreditAssociates' offer was a lot lower and they told me that it could possibly go down depending on what the credit companies say. I just got started with CrediAssociates and I had to talk to them because there was something wrong with my payment. It was set for December 15th, not January 15th, so I had to talk to a manager but they never got back to me. It hasn't been long since I started working with them but I'm happy.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

I just started with CreditAssociates and everything was good. The interest was too high on everything but the full amount of money that I would be paying back was a little more enticing with CreditAssociates than all the other companies. But, they won't return my call and I'm having a problem with that. I've called them twice and have left messages for almost a week. I also tried to reach out to them at 8:00 in the morning every day on their time. Other than that, their reps are really nice and they're pretty upfront and honest about what's happening so far.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

I acquired CreditAssociates’ services because they seemed reliable. I had Taylor as my debt consultant and I like that he’s quick in responding. So far, I’m happy with my experience with them.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

We had a couple of credit cards I wanted to get paid off and I found out that there were four of them that CreditAssociates was gonna pay off. I used them for the first time and Blair, the rep I worked with, was polite. I called him three times with questions, and he always called me back and had an answer for me. CreditAssociates got right back to me when I had a question too. My experience has been awesome and I’m happy with everything they’re doing right now.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

The rep explained the whole program really well and it sounded good. CreditAssociates could negotiate the price down. I signed up and I am satisfied right now, but I'd like to reserve judgment until a few months down the road.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

While seeking CreditAssociates' services since I was falling behind on all my credit cards, I found them to be a little kinda sketchy at first. They seemed pushy and it put a bad taste in my mouth so I was a little hesitant on moving forward.

CreditAssociates response

We apologize for your experience with our team and appreciate your feedback. We will have someone from the team reach out to you to discuss your concerns and the details of your experience.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

CreditAssociates combines all of my bills and now I have a lower payment than what I was paying for all of my debts separately. I've been working with them for a week now and their representatives have been really helpful. I would definitely refer my friends to CreditAssociates.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

I got CreditAssociates' phone number off the radio and I was desperate to call and ask them. The guy that I talked to, Jim, was very nice and helpful. They’re paying off a couple of my loans now and I'm sure working with them is gonna take a lot off of me. I would recommend CreditAssociates highly.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

I’ve been having problems for the last three years with my debt because my rent went up $400 at once in the last year. I was also doing 48 hours or more with my job, but then I went down to 36 hours. I only work seasonal, too, so that’s eight months out of a year. My wife had consolidated all her bills with CreditAssociates, so I decided to do the same.

Since everything you do now is electronic, I did the contract over the phone with them. I faxed them the information and the date that they can pick up the money. Unfortunately, I thought the program I have is the one my wife had where they would just automatically take over all your bills and then start paying them for you and you make a check out to them. I’m still getting phone calls and threatening letters. This program is still in its early stages though as I just signed up on October 29th, so I’m waiting to see exactly what’s gonna happen in January.

Also, my email address with them is kinda screwed up so I have to go home and figure that out because I just got a call from Credit Karma telling me that two of my bills were delinquent and it’s putting a mark on my score. But, I don’t have time to sit in front of a computer because I’m on my feet eight hours a day and travelling for another hour and a half. I’m not that computer savvy, either. I'm going to figure out if the person who initially signed me up for the program and I can go back and forth with emailing each other because I have a lot of questions. Hopefully, everything will work out right. I have some really large bills and I don’t wanna get caught up in any situation where people would come back and get the merchandise or take me to court.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

I heard about CreditAssociates on the radio and I liked the professionalism. They kept the answers short and simple. The rep was willing to work with me. She knew I wanted to read over the contract entirely especially the legal part and she helped me without any tactics that you would use on a creditor. She wasn’t trying to make a sale or upsell me. I’m into small business, so I was calling while I was there. Any time I needed to answer my phone, she told me told me to call her back on her direct line and she was very flexible with me. Also, for the total I’m paying for the amount a month, they must be really good at negotiating.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

My wife and I lost our jobs. I'm about $19,000 in credit cards and loan debt right now and CreditAssociates said they can get it down to 12,000 or less, which would be ideal for me. After I signed the agreement with CreditAssociates, I realized that two of the credit cards that I have are with USAA and I can't stop paying those. I have all of my livelihood needs through them so I felt like if I stop paying them, it may affect other stuff as well. They automatically take the payments out of my account and there's no way I can shut that off.

One of the terms of the agreement that I signed with CreditAssociates was for me to stop making payments and instead put them into my escrow account and we would pay the debt off once they negotiated a final payment. CreditAssociates said they would give me a callback this week and let me know how they were gonna move forward, but I haven't heard anything from them. Their cost was very reasonable though, and they were very professional and helpful.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

I had gotten hurt at the beginning of the year. My fourth and fifth vertebrae collapsed on me and I had some bones burst, and it was on my spine, and it was hitting my nerves, and it made my whole left side numb, so I was unable to be able to be at work. During that time, I got a truck payment I had to keep up on and bills, and I had to start using my credit cards to keep me going. And then when I got back to work, I tried to make up for that loss, and I was just getting farther and farther in debt with my credit cards. I've been trying to get along through the credit union and my bank, but nobody was willing to help me out. It so happened that I got the green paper about CreditAssociates through the mail. And then when I've seen that they were gonna cut my balance down to $9,000 and gave me a monthly price, I couldn’t beat it because it's gonna end up saving me close to 300 bucks.

The rep from CreditAssociates that I worked with, Jimmy, explained everything to me. He was polite. When I gave him all the information about my stuff, he checked everything and said I was good to go. He told me that everything’s been approved, and he already gave me an amount that they're gonna take out. When I was on the computer last night and looked at my credit card, I still have balances on them, so then I started getting nervous. I'd call to see if everything happened like he said it was supposed to happen. But other than that, I really appreciate the help that he gave me.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

The woman from CreditAssociates that I talked to was very nice and helpful, and she explained everything. I was really happy with it. However, she is supposed to run some stuff on my daughter's phone and send it to me, but she hasn't. I’m going to try to get ahold of her and have her check. I told her to let me know when something came through but she hasn't. In spite of that, I'd tell friends to give CreditAssociates a try.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

I'm trying to do other things such as buying a house someday or fix my credit so that I could do all the things. I saw a commercial about CreditAssociates and they seemed pretty helpful, so I lurked towards them. I also heard good things about them and I wanted to try them out. And CreditAssociates told me they would be able to help. Alonzo, their debt consultant, was very helpful towards the goal that I wanted to achieve and he explained everything to me. I was most impressed with the kind of payment they required me to do and the kindness that the person was able to do. Since I worked with them, I had fewer calls from debt collectors. I like my experience with them, but I told them I never really did the charges. I have some fraudulent charges on my credit and I wasn't sure if I had to pay them as they didn't give me a response to that. Other than that, I definitely would recommend CreditAssociates to a friend or a family member.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

The three credit cards that I'm working with are high interest rate and it's killing me every month because, being on workers’ comp, my pay is way down. So, I had to do something with it, and using CreditAssociates' service seemed to be the most logical thing to do. The gentleman I was dealing with, Adrian, was very knowledgeable about the whole program and he explained everything very clearly to me, so I didn’t have to ask many questions. He laid out the payment plan from one year up to three years, and what it would cost every month. We settled on the 24-month payment plan because that fits in to my budget. I had a very easy experience and there were no difficulties at all.

CreditAssociates Company Information