2. Finance
  3. Debt Settlement
Accredited Partner

Get Started
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.39/5

Whether you are facing insurmountable debt due to job loss, divorce, sickness, loss of income, or one of many other reasons, CreditAssociates is here to help. As the industry leaders, CreditAssociates works with clients to provide fast and affordable debt relief. Our proprietary electronic debt-settlement software coupled with our team of debt advisors provide the system you need to work towards your custom debt relief solution. We provide free consultations for a wide-range of debt needs including credit card, medical, personal loans and more. Additionally, utilize our mobile app to track your progress 24/7 and instantly your timeline to being debt-free.

Enroll today to join one of tens of thousands of people we have worked with to get out of debt in 24-36 months.

BOTTOM LINE

CreditAssociates is an innovative debt relief company that works with consumers who have $10,000 or more in unsecured debt. Although you have to pay a portion of the settled debt, 24/7 customer service and the potential for financial freedom may be worth it.

PROS

• Apple and Android app
  • 24/7 customer service
  • Free initial consultation

CONS

• Services not available in all states

Top CreditAssociates Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about CreditAssociates?

The reps that I got to work with were very professional and had all the answers to my questions. Getting started with CreditAssociates has given me a huge sense of relief. They should continue doing what they’re doing.

CreditAssociates has been wonderful. I had been thinking about the program for six months. I did my research with it and it seemed like it was fair. It was great, 100% all the way across the board. CreditAssociates was to the point and very professional.

CreditAssociates Get Started

What is CreditAssociates?

CreditAssociates is a leading company in the debt settlement industry, having settled over $1 billion in debt. They are AFCC certified, and C & B Credibility Corp verified. CreditAssociates specializes in settling credit card debt and medical expenses.

The CreditAssociates debt settlement process should take 24 to 36 months to complete. During this process, CreditAssociates negotiators will work with your creditors to reduce the amount of debt owed. Though it might seem like a long time at first, taking 2 to 3 years to become debt-free is a goal worth achieving.

How does CreditAssociates work?

CreditAssociates offers a free financial consultation where you can discuss what qualifications are necessary for you to become one of their clients. Once they come up with a savings plan for you, you can analyze and decide if you want to move forward with their debt settlement services. You must have over $10,000 in debt to qualify for CreditAssociates and be able to make regular settlement payments.

If you choose to enroll, CreditAssociates will immediately start negotiating with your creditors. Once you have enough funds in your account to pay a settlement, CreditAssociates will then coordinate your debt settlement payment.

CreditAssociates services

CreditAssociates offers financial consultations and debt settlement services. Having a large amount of debt should not be a deterrent to working with CreditAssociates — they have vast experience dealing with large amounts of debt. Their goal is to take you through a debt settlement program in 24 to 36 months, though this is not guaranteed since each debt settlement case is different. Most CreditAssociates clients can become debt-free after paying a fraction of their original debt thanks to CreditAssociates’s debt negotiators. CreditAssociates will not charge you a fee until your debt is settled.

CreditAssociates FAQ

How much does CreditAssociates cost?
Typically, CreditAssociates charges clients 15-25% of the settled debt amount. Exact costs and fees depend on the size of your debt and the extent of your settlement. You can undergo a free consultation to learn more about specific charges and fees for your particular case.
How does CreditAssociates affect your credit?
Your credit will likely suffer after undergoing debt settlement services with CreditAssociates; however, this is true of any debt settlement process. If you stop making payments to your creditors, your credit will suffer even while you work to recover from your financial difficulties. However, many people with large amounts of debt still opt for debt settlement since it can save them a lot of money. If you aren’t looking to buy a car or house in the near future, it's a good option.
Where are CreditAssociates services available?

Some applicants will not qualify for their services. Even if they can’t do business with you, CreditAssociates can refer you to an accredited service provider equipped to help you with debt relief services.

• Alabama
  • Tennessee
  • Texas
  • Virgina
  • Wisconsin
Do you qualify for CreditAssociates debt settlement?

To qualify:

• You have at least $10,000 in unsecured debt
  • You can make regular settlement payments
  • You can take 24-36 months to settle your debt
  • You can eventually pay 15-25% of your settled debt to CreditAssociates

Is CreditAssociates any good?

CreditAssociates has received excellent reviews on ConsumerAffairs.com, and their clients praise the professionalism and expertise of CreditAssociates representatives. Although CreditAssociates clearly state there is no estimated savings guarantee, they have saved clients over $1 billion in debt. Their website remains somewhat ambiguous in terms of costs and fees, though they do offer a free consultation where numbers can be discussed. We recommend CreditAssociates if you’ve decided debt settlement is necessary.

CreditAssociates Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CreditAssociates?

Original review: Jan. 30, 2021

The rep was compassionate about what I was going through. He seemed to know his job. The only bad thing is trying to get ahold of someone with CreditAssociates. I talk to the people that were handling the money affairs of it. I got a text message that says they negotiated another one of my account, and I'm not good with the computer. So logging in, I don't remember my password, or if I made a password. I would just like to talk to somebody instead of logging on, because now I know a couple of my accounts have been paid off, but all you get are the people who are taking your money.

The rep said, “Well, with the amount of debt that you owe, and what you make, this is what your payment would be.” And I just agreed to it. In the beginning, I wasn't comfortable with the payments just because of the financial situation I was in. It was kinda high, but it has worked out great for me because it comes straight out of my checking account. I don't have to worry about, “Oh, my God. I got to send a check in, a payment in.”

I'm still getting phone calls from creditors. Steve told me, “Yeah, they’re gonna call you. Yeah, they're going to tell you that they don't work with us. Yeah, they're going to tell you this. They're going to tell you that. But, they just settled on that account.” I still got a letter from Discover stating that I was now in internal collections, and they were going to garnish my wages. But, it was just settled. I just put it in a round circle. I've worked with other debt programs. This one has been very forward with me. They have notified me when accounts have been settled. If somebody was in a situation that I was in, I would tell them to go with CreditAssociates.

Get buying tips about Debt Settlement delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2020

I got something in the mail and I read about it a little bit, and then I was weighing out my options on what I wanted to do on my end. But then, I realized that I was paying more interest than what the merchandise was. So, I called CreditAssociates and one of the representatives told me what they would do and what they can do. I figured it would be a good idea instead of filing for bankruptcy or just paying interest. I was overwhelmed with the bills that was coming in. I bought this home last year and I paid off all my credit cards and I got in it. But then, I was in my house with nothing. I figured that I'll furnish my home.

Over a year, it got overwhelming. With the COVID thing and I was getting less hours in my workplace, I got behind a couple of times, but I always kept my mortgage payment going. I always heard about the snowball effect, paying the smallest one first off and then kind of catch up on the rest of them, but going through CreditAssociates is a little better because I can consolidate all of them.

I only talked to a guy a brief moment just to get all my information and told me then what would be happening. "The creditors will be calling you. Don't talk to them, don't explain to them on what you're trying to do. Just say, 'Yes, I know I'm behind and I'll let you know when I can make a payment.'" I should keep it short and to the point. "I'll contact you when I can..." He said something in that manner. He told me, "Just keep it short. Don't stay on the phone with them trying to explain yourself on what you're trying to do." Then, once I build up a little bit of money in the account, CreditAssociates will discuss on what could be done. So far, it's been good.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2020

The first individual I spoke to was Brian and he set me up. I have macular degeneration so my eyes are not that good but he was very helpful. The paperwork came through on an email and I just had to initial it. He explained everything. They go into the different accounts, talk to the creditors and they get the amounts down to a certain amount that they and the creditor agrees to. I'm putting $1,037 every month and they take it out of my checking account automatically. Global Holdings is the one that holds the money. One of the creditors said, "We don't know when you started, but if it's a for profit, they're going to keep collecting the money for a few months or more until they get what they want rather than immediately working on your behalf with the various creditors. So, it's lengthening the period of time that you're gonna continue getting late fees.” But at the set up, it was explained in the book that Global Holdings gets a $9 a month.

A complaint with most people is the telephone calls you get from the creditors and you keep getting those. That's the only thing that is a headache sometimes. It would be a good idea for these type of companies to, as soon as possible, contact these creditors to say, “This is what's been done by this individual. We will be in contact with you.” Most of these companies, when I tell them I transferred my accounts and give them CreditAssociates' telephone number, they say, “We can't call them. They have to call us with an offer.” But the whole process is very well and I know CreditAssociates is working on my behalf. They're great. They've been very helpful and they've answered all my questions. They told me the plan will take four and a half years. I've only been in it two months and so far, I'm very happy with it. It's better financially, doing it this way. I have no worries.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2020

I got a mail from CreditAssociates. I opened it and thought there had gotta be something more to this. I called them and there wasn't. I talked to Sue for an hour and a half. She was as nice and polite as can be. She answered every question I had and I had a lot of them. She wasn't in a rush to get to anybody else or do anything else. She stayed late to help me out. She also got my girlfriend helped out later that night or early the next morning. It was an easy choice. I was fine with the timeframe of getting signed up too. I just got done doing home refinancing. That takes months and months. It took a couple of hours or less than a day and it was pretty much two phone calls and a couple of screenshots. It was super simple.

Everything has been going well. Payments are coming out on time and nothing's out of place. But I talked with the guy handling my account and the initial part was a little vague. It's the same for my girlfriend. We both kinda came to the same conclusion and we signed up on the same day. They kept throwing out a number. My debt was $23,000 and they kept saying they would settle this for $10,000. And I said, "$10,000 out the door, like that's it?" The answer was always yes. But I get the paperwork and it's really about $15,000 after CreditAssociates' costs and things like that are included.

That is still fine though as it's still saving me money. It's not the end of the world because there's no interest. It's a flat number and I know what it is. But the people that answer the calls should say, "Your debt will get settled for $10,000, but our fee for that is about 5,000. So, you're looking at about $15,000 total for your costs to get out of debt." That would make it a little more transparent and less fishy.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2020

I have a credit card that I've been paying on since 2014. I heard of CreditAssociates on the radio and I decided to give them a call to see what they could do. I spoke with Zach and I asked him if he could help. I have two credit cards, one of them was drowning me and the other one was sort of an in addition to. He was very knowledgeable, friendly, and reassuring about the process, given that it is nerve-wracking. He explained fully how it's gonna negatively impact me for a short period of time and how it's gonna positively impact me over a long period of time.

After I was done speaking with him, he directed me to stop paying the two credit cards and to not be intimidated by them. He also told me to sort of transfer any money out of those accounts, just in case, to protect myself. From there, I got another phone call from a different gentleman. He asked if I had any further questions and informed me that they were missing pieces of information. I gave it to him and now, it's just a waiting game.

I don't like the idea of my credit being compromised for a short period of time. But as far as the pleasantries and as far as people explaining things to me, I really couldn't have asked for a better experience. My biggest credit card is with a credit union and I was told by other debt consolidation places that there's nothing I can do inside my agreement with that company. They won't allow any sort of debt consolidation program and this and that. I always felt very defeated with that whole thing. But to know that there’s a company out there that says, “We understand what they're saying, but everybody will negotiate,” and made me feel that there is some semblance of hope, that on its own makes me feel like one day, I might be debt-free.

Also, they're very realistic. They let me know the amount of money that would be put into that account and if things go the other way, I'm ensured that that goes back to me. All of it has been pretty comforting for the most part. It's a little nerve-wracking because I've never done this type of thing before but I feel supported by CreditAssociates. I understand this is what they do for a living and I'm just one of hundreds or thousands of people but it still felt like a personable experience. I'm optimistic about what they might be able to do to help me out and at the end of the day, even if they can't, because I have a creditor that just won't budge, I always appreciate the effort. As far as customer service and good bedside manner, I would recommend anybody at least giving it a shot.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2021

I have a lot of debt and credit so I reached out to CreditAssociates. They have been good, so far. I like the service.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2021

This Company is NOT Going to try to get your accounts settled for less than 50%! And then they congratulate themselves for getting that. I personally called the Creditors myself and was able to get EVERY Single Card down to 70% or 90%!!!! AND I didn't have to pay Credit Associates their 50% FEE! DO NOT PAY Them to do something you can do very easily and MUCH CHEAPER Yourself!!!

Original review: Feb. 8, 2021

CreditAssociates is very professional, pleasant, and helpful. It's getting things done.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2021

CreditAssociates have been good, so far. Their rep was pretty much down-to-earth and told us the way their program was. My wife and I misunderstood the tax deal that he told to us. We like to be done with the program but we’re happy so far. Since working with them, we've hdad the phone calls stop.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2021

I needed help financially so I reached out to CreditAssociates. The rep I worked with was great. I've actually had a good experience every time I've called. The only thing that happened was there was one credit card that didn't show up. I kept saying that. I thought there was one, and they said they didn't see anything. So I just let it go. Then I got a call from CreditAssociates a couple of weeks ago, saying that there was another one and they were going to add it in. CreditAssociates has done a great job.

CreditAssociates Company Information