Call toll free
4.47/5
Based on 19 reviews that contain star ratings

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Whether you are facing insurmountable debt due to job loss, divorce, sickness, loss of income, or one of many other reasons, CreditAssociates is here to help. As the industry leaders, CreditAssociates works with clients to provide fast and affordable debt relief. Our proprietary electronic debt-settlement software coupled with our team of debt advisors provide the system you need to work towards your custom debt relief solution. We provide free consultations for a wide-range of debt needs including credit card, medical, personal loans and more. Additionally, utilize our mobile app to track your progress 24/7 and instantly your timeline to being debt-free.

Enroll today to join one of tens of thousands of people we have worked with to get out of debt in 24-36 months.

View More View More

19 CreditAssociates Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

I got sick and I had some bills I needed to get taken care of so I decided to give CreditAssociates a call and my experience with them went very well. I was impressed with the way the rep did things. He was able to help in a lot of ways and everything worked out okay. CreditAssociates made my life a bit easier.

Get expert buying tips about Debt Consolidation Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

We joined CreditAssociates after our BankAmericard went up to a higher interest rate. We’re on a fixed income and there’s absolutely no reason that it should have gone up that high because we’ve never missed a payment and never been late. Another reason was the interest rate that the amount would be in 36 years before it was paid was only $12,000. We were making the minimum payment of $250 a month. On the other hand, CreditAssociates offered $245 for 36 months. Also, enrolling in the service was easy because of our credit rating. We have yet to receive our packet but everything was finalized and being with them has been a relief so far. Their consultant who we worked with was great and most helpful. I would recommend to anybody who is on a fixed income and had to use their credit card for medical bills to seek out CreditAssociates.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

I called Credit Associates and talked to one of the associates. Signing up was quick and my debt consultant was knowledgeable and friendly. He made me feel at ease. I had an excellent experience overall and I've already recommended them.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

Austin was wonderful. I don't have any law experience and very little mathematical ability, but he explained everything very slowly and gingerly. I also have a lot of medical problems but he made things very easy for me. I was impressed by his sense of humor and his candidness. I have two credit cards and my debt was getting too high. I didn't want to drain my parents of their life savings. But I'm paying down debt on one credit card only. I wanted to keep one in case of an emergency. When Austin told me that the program was probably gonna ruin my credit, I wasn't real happy about that but this was the only way I could get this paid off. Besides, working with CreditAssociates really makes me feel at ease. It gives me a sense of peace that I can catch up in the world and not have debt up to the ceiling every time I turn around. I'd tell others to go to CreditAssociates and to jump into the fire in a minute because it's great.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

CreditAssociates is a very good company to do business with. They’re very precise in their figuring and they’re also very quick. We’re in some credit card problems and I have a major illness going on. We needed some help and so far, my experience with CreditAssociates has been very good. Working with them has helped us out quite a bit. Keanu is my consultant and he's very good at what he says and does. When we were having trouble with our computer booting up and doing the signatures online, he even helped us get through that.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CreditAssociates?

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

I’m a truck driver and I had too much credit card debt. I've been with CreditAssociates for four weeks and I've just started with the debt relief program. So far, there have been a whole lot of phone calls. The program that I'm in will last for 36 months but I’m thinking about cutting it back to 24 months.

CreditAssociates response

Roger, We understand that the creditor calls can be overwhelming at times. Remember that this is a short term sacrifice for the long term gain of financial freedom.

Please call us or go to the personalized Client Website in order to adjust your program term. We always encourage our clients to save more and settle their accounts faster. Our goal is to get you out of debt as fast as possible.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

Kevin was the one I did business with at CreditAssociates and he was direct throughout the program. The only thing I didn't appreciate was that they made it sound like I needed to do an insurance program to help me out with taxes. But that wasn't the case at all so that felt a little misleading just for them to get a sale. I understand they get kickbacks but that's not the way they should have gone about it. They should've asked me if I needed it or if was interested. I already have that product through my work and yet, they were already quoting me with that rolled in. But other than that, the experience was great and everything is right on par. I'd tell others to give CreditAssociates a call if they need it.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2018

I was having troubles with my bills and I couldn't catch up. I told CreditAssociates that I didn't want them beating around the bush and that I needed to know if they can help me or not. Canale, my consultant, was straightforward. He told me what they could and couldn't do. I was very comfortable working with him. I would definitely recommend people to check CreditAssociates.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

CreditAssociates has been good. My consultant was very nice. I probably wouldn’t have gone with CreditAssociates if it hadn’t been him. I don't like a pushy person and he was not pushy. He allowed me to take my time and to make decisions. He also explained everything very thoroughly. He was patient with me calling back. I'm still getting a lot of calls but that's not his fault. He told me that that would happen. I appreciate the help.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

I looked into bankruptcy and tried to figure things out on my own and I couldn't. When I called CreditAssociates for a consultation, it seemed like a win-win. It’s been great working with Christopher and he was upfront with all my questions. Although my debt wasn't exactly the highlight of my life, it was good to hear him, and it felt like he was on my level. It wasn't like I was doing something wrong and it was just something that happens. He was willing to help and called back many times to make sure I was okay with everything and got everything done correctly.

I have recommended CreditAssociates to a friend. She has been having some problems with debts and she has been telling me how much she has been paying for a month and she doesn't think she is gonna be able to get uncovered. I've given her all the information and I told her that I have had nothing but positive experience with them. CreditAssociates is saving me several thousand dollars, getting the interest rates down and working with them.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

I became overwhelmed with my credit cards and CreditAssociates came on TV so, I called. That’s how I got started. I talked with Christopher initially and he was very patient to help me work through developing confidence to do this and very pleasant to talk to. But I'm a little disappointed because I have not heard a word from them. I've been swamped with calls from the credit card companies and I told them that I have signed with CreditAssociates. But the companies said they have not been contacted and that they have to keep calling me until they get contact. So, I'm a little confused. I thought CreditAssociates would be in touch with me. It took me a long time to develop confidence to do business with them and then just like all the others, once that was said and done, I haven't heard a word from them. Other than that, they were usually very good.

CreditAssociates response

JImmie, I will have a client success manager contact you in order to discuss your personal file. Remember to have patience and persevere. Getting out of debt isn't an event, it's a process.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

CreditAssociates has better payments than other companies I considered so I went with them. So far, I have made one payment and their rep was helpful and friendly.

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

My experience with CreditAssociates has been great. When it initially started, my name was misspelled. They spelled it with a Y and it's a female. We got that straightened out and we signed the papers. I spoke with a lady who has been very helpful. I got an email yesterday and I tried to respond to that but I did not get an answer. Still, it was encouraging. It was something to let me know that they're not letting me fall or letting anything go wrong. Otherwise, the time factor is kinda creeping up on me and I have a great concern for it. It is six months or so before anything is done or letting the people know that they are working with it.

The largest amount that I owed was with Federal Credit Union and I’ve been advised not to speak with them. They are being extremely aggressive and sending me emails every day. The account is overdrawn. CreditAssociates is paying the bills and adding it to the balance on the credit card. I want them to understand what's going on, but if they're in the blind, they don't know. It’s the same with another card now and that credit has been negatively affected. My credit is not the best in the world. This morning I was checking my account and then something was returned due to non-sufficient funds. It happened to be that I didn't do an internal transfer to cover funds. I've just been really shut down and I hope that we can get something worked out.

I feel comfortable with my experience with CreditAssociates and hopefully, they are taking care of my concerns. The time factor is major for me especially since they’re not settling with the company and the company doesn’t know what’s going on. CreditAssociates wait to get the people at a point where they settle for less. The whole idea is taking a piece of the pod instead of trying to go for the entire pod. So, I hope that works out to the best interest of everybody.

It really upset me because I'm confused and do not know what's going on. It is something I don't understand and I have some confusion as to how it was being paid and what was going where and what I'm really responsible for. I'm not clear if in each monthly payment, a portion goes to the company and then the people who are collecting. Right now, the money in my bank is very tight. It's automatic debit and I have to have it in there before it goes through. So, that's extremely helpful to know that in advance.

CreditAssociates should improve on their communication and keeping me in the loop. I tried to call the other day and I couldn't get through. My phone has been acting up and it could be on my end. I don't know if they attempted to call me back but to know that somebody is there and keeping me in mind is very important and helpful. I got an email from them which said that they were continuously working with me, so that was encouraging.

CreditAssociates response

Toni, I would like to clarify that we only contact your creditors when the timing is right for a settlement proposal and in order to do so, we must have sufficient funds available. I assure you that we have years of experience and know when the best time is to negotiate with your creditors. Please remember that you must have patience and persevere through this type of a program. Getting out of debt is a process, not an immediate event.

I apologize for you attempting to contact us without success. I will have a Client Success Manager reach out to you in order to discuss your program and timing of your settlements.

Thank you for the feedback.

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

I have not made my first payment yet. And I am getting a lot of harassing phone calls right now. When I have been in the program for a while longer I can make a better judgement on the program. Frustrated with all the harassing calls.

CreditAssociates response

David, We know that the creditor calls can be frustrating at times. Please remember that this is part of the settlement process and means that the program is working. This is a small sacrifice in order to become debt free in a few short years!

Original review: July 24, 2018

When there was an increase in my credit card interest, I called CreditAssociates and there were two people that I worked with. They were both really helpful and they took care of everything. The money will start coming out of my check next week and the week after, and hopefully, it'd be resolved from there. My experience with CreditAssociates is good and I'm very satisfied with them at this point.

Original review: July 23, 2018

The sign-up process with CreditAssociates went smoothly. I was told what the payment plan would be and I went with that. I talked to 2 different reps and both of them were nice and helpful.

Original review: July 13, 2018

I used CreditAssociates' debt settlement service a few years ago and it worked for me so I went with them again. This time, the reps were very helpful and answered a lot of our questions. They also helped me make the decision on whether to do the debt settlement program or file for bankruptcy. I didn’t wanna file for bankruptcy and I started with the program. I've been working with a very knowledgeable and helpful debt consultant.

CreditAssociates Company Information