4.4/5 (826 ratings)

Take a Financial Relief Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

About CreditAssociates

Whether you are facing insurmountable debt due to job loss, divorce, sickness, loss of income, or one of many other reasons, CreditAssociates is here to help. As the industry leaders, CreditAssociates works with clients to provide fast and affordable debt relief. Our proprietary electronic debt-settlement software coupled with our team of debt advisors provide the system you need to work towards your custom debt relief solution. We provide free consultations for a wide-range of debt needs including credit card, medical, personal loans and more. Additionally, utilize our mobile app to track your progress 24/7 and instantly your timeline to being debt-free.

Find Debt Settlement partners near you

Pros

• Apple and Android app
    • 24/7 customer service
    • Free initial consultation

Cons

• Services not available in all states

Bottom Line

CreditAssociates is an innovative debt relief company that works with consumers who have $10,000 or more in unsecured debt. Although you have to pay a portion of the settled debt, 24/7 customer service and the potential for financial freedom may be worth it.

Top CreditAssociates Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

The reps that I got to work with were very professional and had all the answers to my questions. Getting started with CreditAssociates has given me a huge sense of relief. They sh...

Verified

CreditAssociates has been wonderful. I had been thinking about the program for six months. I did my research with it and it seemed like it was fair. It was great, 100% all the way...

Take a Financial Relief Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

What is CreditAssociates?

CreditAssociates is a leading company in the debt settlement industry, having settled over $1 billion in debt. They are AFCC certified, and C & B Credibility Corp verified. CreditAssociates specializes in settling credit card debt and medical expenses.

The CreditAssociates debt settlement process should take 24 to 36 months to complete. During this process, CreditAssociates negotiators will work with your creditors to reduce the amount of debt owed. Though it might seem like a long time at first, taking 2 to 3 years to become debt-free is a goal worth achieving.

How does CreditAssociates work?

CreditAssociates offers a free financial consultation where you can discuss what qualifications are necessary for you to become one of their clients. Once they come up with a savings plan for you, you can analyze and decide if you want to move forward with their debt settlement services. You must have over $10,000 in debt to qualify for CreditAssociates and be able to make regular settlement payments.

If you choose to enroll, CreditAssociates will immediately start negotiating with your creditors. Once you have enough funds in your account to pay a settlement, CreditAssociates will then coordinate your debt settlement payment.

CreditAssociates services

CreditAssociates offers financial consultations and debt settlement services. Having a large amount of debt should not be a deterrent to working with CreditAssociates — they have vast experience dealing with large amounts of debt. Their goal is to take you through a debt settlement program in 24 to 36 months, though this is not guaranteed since each debt settlement case is different. Most CreditAssociates clients can become debt-free after paying a fraction of their original debt thanks to CreditAssociates’s debt negotiators. CreditAssociates will not charge you a fee until your debt is settled.

CreditAssociates FAQ

How much does CreditAssociates cost?
    Typically, CreditAssociates charges clients 15-25% of the settled debt amount. Exact costs and fees depend on the size of your debt and the extent of your settlement. You can undergo a free consultation to learn more about specific charges and fees for your particular case.
    How does CreditAssociates affect your credit?
    Your credit will likely suffer after undergoing debt settlement services with CreditAssociates; however, this is true of any debt settlement process. If you stop making payments to your creditors, your credit will suffer even while you work to recover from your financial difficulties. However, many people with large amounts of debt still opt for debt settlement since it can save them a lot of money. If you aren’t looking to buy a car or house in the near future, it's a good option.
    Where are CreditAssociates services available?

Some applicants will not qualify for their services. Even if they can’t do business with you, CreditAssociates can refer you to an accredited service provider equipped to help you with debt relief services.

• Alabama
    • Tennessee
    • Texas
    • Virgina
    • Wisconsin
    Do you qualify for CreditAssociates debt settlement?

To qualify:

• You have at least $10,000 in unsecured debt
    • You can make regular settlement payments
    • You can take 24-36 months to settle your debt
    • You can eventually pay 15-25% of your settled debt to CreditAssociates

Is CreditAssociates any good?

CreditAssociates has received excellent reviews on ConsumerAffairs.com, and their clients praise the professionalism and expertise of CreditAssociates representatives. Although CreditAssociates clearly state there is no estimated savings guarantee, they have saved clients over $1 billion in debt. Their website remains somewhat ambiguous in terms of costs and fees, though they do offer a free consultation where numbers can be discussed. We recommend CreditAssociates if you’ve decided debt settlement is necessary.

CreditAssociates Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CreditAssociates?

Original review: Sept. 30, 2021

My experience with CreditAssociates has been great and I can't complain about anything. The reps explained to me before things happened. They let me know where I'm at and they do the work for me. When they get a great offer, they let me know and if I don't have the money, I do whatever I can to get the money in so that I can settle this account. I like the website where I can go and feel comfortable and see that progress is being made. I have good credit and even though CreditAssociates affected it, it's not making it any worse. It has turned up my debt. It makes me say that I got to crawl before I can walk, but I will come out of this. It's less stress for me now.

Working with CreditAssociates has impacted my life tremendously that it made me want to quit my job at 16 years to work with them because I'm a customer service people person and it made me feel like I can make people's dreams of stress reduced. If it works for me, it can work for them. It's not like being a salesperson. It's being honest and CreditAssociates does exactly what it says. If I ever lose my job, I would love to come and do the work that they are doing.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2021

I told Credit Associates to take $500 out of my account that I get from my Social Security. They said they will help me pay one bureau at a time. They called me and they explained things to me. But they send me some paper but it was not the paper that I wanted. I know how much money they taking out of my account. I wanna know when do they started paying my bills.

Get buying tips about Debt Settlement delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2021

Cindy, the rep, was awesome. I love her. Working with CreditAssociates has taken a lot of stress off me. I’m a lot more comfortable with my finances than where I was at. I'm able to meet my other bills without having to stress how I am going to do this. So it’s a major plus.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2021

CreditAssociates said that I'll be through paying them in two years. It hasn’t been a year that I’ve been with the program and working with them has been alright so far. I have no complaints. If someone calls me, I tell them that I am with CreditAssociates but they still call, and I tell CreditAssociates.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2021

CreditAssociates is consolidating all my credit cards and negotiating with them for my debt. Some of the debtors have already negotiated with them and they're taking care of it. But they'll work a little bit more with Capital One. It is what it is. If I have any problems, all I have to do is call the reps and they answer all my questions, and they’d take care of things right away. A couple of times though, I reached out to the man that I started taking talking to and he said he would get back to me but he never has. Some of his underlings called me but I'm the kind of person that the person I want to talk to is the person I called.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2021

So far, my experience has been good. I have two debts remaining and it's a relief that I'm getting things paid off.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2021

Everything was perfectly fine at initial contact. But they should keep in contact with their clients and let them know what's going on rather than the clients having to call. It just seems like things are taking long. They said it's gonna take two or three years and I'm like, "Why so long?" They told me they settled three debts but I'm really not seeing too much. Take your time and look for the best program which fits your price range and your budget.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2021

What I needed to know was unpacked and I was happy about that. The process has taken around six months and it's barely starting. I have three accounts already settled. If I want to, I could give even more so the process can go faster.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2021

When CreditAssociates said they could take all your bills, I thought they would be paying on all of my bills, not just collecting money for one and then paying off one and then collecting for another bill. Also, they get a percentage of the money and I don't know how much percentage they get. I need to know how much is going to them and how much is going to my credit. 'Cause right now, I'm a delinquent and my credit score is completely messed up. And I thought I had them to help.

I also don't get any reassurance from them. Other than that, they're doing pretty good. I got an email about another debt ready to get paid off. They told me that they made a settlement but they don't say how much they made a settlement for. If they're not gonna do what they said they're gonna do, then I might as well stop my money from going to CreditAssociates and try to go with the Federal Credit Union and make a deal with them.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2021

eBay is saying that my last payment wasn't settled on the date it was supposed to be. I called CreditAssociates and the rep set it was settled and told me to ask eBay. I contacted eBay again and they said that the payment was late. I told CreditAssociates to please check and asked her to update me on what happened. I called back and forth that day. I never heard back from CreditAssociates but eBay hasn't emailed back again.

Take a Financial Relief Quiz. Get matched with an Authorized Partner.

CreditAssociates Company Information