Get Started

2. Finance
  3. Debt Settlement

4.4/5 (463 ratings)

About CreditAssociates

Whether you are facing insurmountable debt due to job loss, divorce, sickness, loss of income, or one of many other reasons, CreditAssociates is here to help. As the industry leaders, CreditAssociates works with clients to provide fast and affordable debt relief. Our proprietary electronic debt-settlement software coupled with our team of debt advisors provide the system you need to work towards your custom debt relief solution. We provide free consultations for a wide-range of debt needs including credit card, medical, personal loans and more. Additionally, utilize our mobile app to track your progress 24/7 and instantly your timeline to being debt-free.

Pros

• Apple and Android app
    • 24/7 customer service
    • Free initial consultation

Cons

• Services not available in all states

Bottom Line

CreditAssociates is an innovative debt relief company that works with consumers who have $10,000 or more in unsecured debt. Although you have to pay a portion of the settled debt, 24/7 customer service and the potential for financial freedom may be worth it.

Top CreditAssociates Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

The reps that I got to work with were very professional and had all the answers to my questions. Getting started with CreditAssociates has given me a huge sense of relief. They sh...

Verified

CreditAssociates has been wonderful. I had been thinking about the program for six months. I did my research with it and it seemed like it was fair. It was great, 100% all the way...

What is CreditAssociates?

CreditAssociates is a leading company in the debt settlement industry, having settled over $1 billion in debt. They are AFCC certified, and C & B Credibility Corp verified. CreditAssociates specializes in settling credit card debt and medical expenses.

The CreditAssociates debt settlement process should take 24 to 36 months to complete. During this process, CreditAssociates negotiators will work with your creditors to reduce the amount of debt owed. Though it might seem like a long time at first, taking 2 to 3 years to become debt-free is a goal worth achieving.

How does CreditAssociates work?

CreditAssociates offers a free financial consultation where you can discuss what qualifications are necessary for you to become one of their clients. Once they come up with a savings plan for you, you can analyze and decide if you want to move forward with their debt settlement services. You must have over $10,000 in debt to qualify for CreditAssociates and be able to make regular settlement payments.

If you choose to enroll, CreditAssociates will immediately start negotiating with your creditors. Once you have enough funds in your account to pay a settlement, CreditAssociates will then coordinate your debt settlement payment.

CreditAssociates services

CreditAssociates offers financial consultations and debt settlement services. Having a large amount of debt should not be a deterrent to working with CreditAssociates — they have vast experience dealing with large amounts of debt. Their goal is to take you through a debt settlement program in 24 to 36 months, though this is not guaranteed since each debt settlement case is different. Most CreditAssociates clients can become debt-free after paying a fraction of their original debt thanks to CreditAssociates’s debt negotiators. CreditAssociates will not charge you a fee until your debt is settled.

CreditAssociates FAQ

How much does CreditAssociates cost?
    Typically, CreditAssociates charges clients 15-25% of the settled debt amount. Exact costs and fees depend on the size of your debt and the extent of your settlement. You can undergo a free consultation to learn more about specific charges and fees for your particular case.
    How does CreditAssociates affect your credit?
    Your credit will likely suffer after undergoing debt settlement services with CreditAssociates; however, this is true of any debt settlement process. If you stop making payments to your creditors, your credit will suffer even while you work to recover from your financial difficulties. However, many people with large amounts of debt still opt for debt settlement since it can save them a lot of money. If you aren’t looking to buy a car or house in the near future, it's a good option.
    Where are CreditAssociates services available?

Some applicants will not qualify for their services. Even if they can’t do business with you, CreditAssociates can refer you to an accredited service provider equipped to help you with debt relief services.

• Alabama
    • Tennessee
    • Texas
    • Virgina
    • Wisconsin
    Do you qualify for CreditAssociates debt settlement?

To qualify:

• You have at least $10,000 in unsecured debt
    • You can make regular settlement payments
    • You can take 24-36 months to settle your debt
    • You can eventually pay 15-25% of your settled debt to CreditAssociates

Is CreditAssociates any good?

CreditAssociates has received excellent reviews on ConsumerAffairs.com, and their clients praise the professionalism and expertise of CreditAssociates representatives. Although CreditAssociates clearly state there is no estimated savings guarantee, they have saved clients over $1 billion in debt. Their website remains somewhat ambiguous in terms of costs and fees, though they do offer a free consultation where numbers can be discussed. We recommend CreditAssociates if you’ve decided debt settlement is necessary.

CreditAssociates Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CreditAssociates?

Original review: July 26, 2021

American Express told me they don't do any negotiating with the credit resolving companies like CreditAssociates and CreditAssociates's people said, "Oh, yeah. We've settled accounts with them before." Brian, the guy I've been speaking with on the phone, is very exceptional and an excellent communicator. He's doing a great job on his end of things. I also know CreditAssociates is trying to work out deals with the credit card people and I've had a couple ones closed out. One thing though, sometimes there's enough money in monthly then sometimes I have to reduce it because of certain things (like I was trying to sell something or obtain some money and it didn't come through on time). It would be an improvement if there was a way to communicate more, whether it's text or email, of when my next payment is due and am I going to have the funds for it. That can change in a matter of a couple of days.

The other thing is when I had my credit pulled, and I was trying to do a loan. I buy and sell a lot here and there and I don't have the money to do it. I want to be able to make money and there are different companies out there that will loan money against a property or a large asset. I have a $580,000 condo that's paid in full and a boat that's worth 200 grand paid off, but I can't use them as collateral because of my score. The reason is there are so many late payments. When these credit cards are let go and the CreditAssociates's guys are trying to negotiate, it kills me. Some of the accounts haven't even been started yet.

It has been close to a year and CreditAssociates has to do things quicker. I keep on getting negatives every month of a late payment on all these cards I have out there because they're not settled yet. My score is going down over and over. That part through this whole process is gonna keep killing me until something could be worked out. The late payments need to stop. There's got to be some way CreditAssociates's guys can pull with the creditors and say, "Let's get this figured out so he doesn't get any more lates every month." They should communicate it through the credit card companies to try and resolve something. They could get an agreement with the creditors just so the late payment every month doesn't keep going on my report.

Get buying tips about Debt Settlement delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 20, 2021

The process was pretty straightforward. But I had my finances well-organized, I knew what was where, so it was an easy process. Just gave them the information they needed to do their initial analysis and decide whether or not they could help me or not, and if so, how much. All that went well. It was one phone call. I called them and said, "What are you?" "This is what we do." "Oh, well, that sounds interesting. Here's my debt." And he crunched the numbers and said, "Well, here's what we can do for you." And he explained how it works. And I had enough understanding to know that I would get nowhere trying to bargain with these creditors. I'd rather let a third party do it. That's their line of business, and that's what they do every day.

They do that initial analysis, and that's just their job. And then, you get sent over to a different group that manages your processes. Everyone I have talked to has been intelligent, courteous, caring, all the things you want when you call someone for customer service. I don't know that I've ever stumped them with any questions. To me, that's a good sign that they're trained well.

Go use CreditAssociates. They've been in the business for 10 or 15 years. Long enough that they know their stuff, and they got good people, that's all I care about. They've developed a lot of relations. In a way, you're hiring a lawyer. Not really, but they're doing a legal service for you. And why do you hire lawyers? For their connections, who they know, who they have working relationships with. Same to do with these guys, you want them to have a working relationship with all the major creditors, so they're gonna, more than likely, get a better deal for you. And the reason they get a better deal is because they bundle your debt with a bunch of others, and then they take all of it and say, "Okay, I have this here. What are you going to give me for it?" That's better than anyone could do by themselves, right?

I have some understanding of what's going on. And most don't even know that it's an option. And they do a good job on the website explaining. They all may call it reorganization, but literally, it's negotiating it down. And behind the scenes, do you understand that when a debt with a Citi card, they write you up, that means they sell your debt to a debt collection company? Who did you have your contract with? That credit card was with Citi, not the debt collector. The law says your contract is with Citi, not with the debt collectors. You have no legal obligation to that debt collector, or they enforced it without law is with your credit report, right? So, legally, you don't owe that debt collector a penny. You don't have an agreement with them, so why are you paying them?

One, you're scared, two, you just don't know what I just said, and three, somehow, you'd have to get around the bad credit records unless you come into a lot of money and just don't care anymore. All those things, most people don't understand it from that perspective. They just feel guilty and worried and everything else. Throw that aside, just realize you can't afford to pay all this debt, that's why you'll end up losing your war, figuring how to make it last. And don't worry about the fact that you didn't pay it all off. Those guys, this is their business. They write it all off all the time.

CreditAssociates is a stellar group. Go for it. I'm very happy that all their customer support people are here, stateside. We communicate, we speak the same language, but it's more than that. It's an understanding, it's a culture, it's everything. I have yet to speak to very few people from overseas that truly care. Just don't care. They're just doing the job. It all starts with caring, next is being intelligent. "Do you understand what I'm asking?" "Oh, no, it's not on my script. I don't know how to answer that." So, it's aggravating as far as the customer's concerned. And I get it, they're just doing a job. It's not personal events, that is the choice and the way that companies are. Thanks for keeping it here. Don't change that. And they're a great service organization, so they got to have a good customer service group.

Original review: July 18, 2021

I got a representative and he was very nice and professional. At first, I had a little doubt about if I wanted to do it, and he left me alone for a couple of days. I told him, "Give me my space, so that way, me and my husband can really think about it." And then, he said, "Well, I'll be here. And call me if you really want to do this." And I called him. From the first time we called, everybody was so helpful.

CreditAssociates keeps on top of everything. If they have a deal going on, they send me text messages, and then I have Irene. She calls me every 15th of the month. Sometimes, she misses me because my work hours are very flexible, but usually, she calls me once a month and see how we're doing, and if I have any questions, I give her a call.

I love CreditAssociates' services. We're going very fast with my account. My goal is to be debt-free in three years. I put it up for four and a half. But with me giving more money, we're going to be soon. And it's already almost been a year, so I have two more to go. And I'm just waiting for that moment. CreditAssociates has been great, and I would recommend them at a top 10. I have been talking to a few friends and let them know. Because right now, with the economy, everything going up, everyone's getting behind on their bills and all that. When you have so much debt, it's so stressful. You don't even know what to do, how you will pay those bills. But with this whole program, it's great. And I know it's gonna take time for my credit to go up because I wasn't up there with the credit. But it's worth it.

If I have the cash, I buy, and if I don't have the cash, I don't use credit card because I don't have them. So, it's a good thing because my debt is going down and I'm controlling a bit more how to use credit cards because I don't have them. And once I have them, I would keep one or two, the most important but I would never go into another debt like this again. With CreditAssociates taking care of it, it helps to have a peace of mind. I don't have to worry about every month I would sit down three hours trying to figure it out, I got to pay this one, I got to pay that one. And in with the credit cards having different due dates and different amounts, it was really stressful. I told my husband it's the best thing. Because we thought about it for about two years, "Should we do it or should we not do it?" But then, it came to a point that we said, "No more." It was just the right, perfect time to consolidate our debt.

Original review: July 15, 2021

My brother mentioned to me that CreditAssociates helped him as well. And they were really good and just took care of business. So far, it has been great. But I haven't heard from them in months. I still haven't heard about one credit issue since November of last year. And then I was told that it was the last one, but I got a random letter from another credit issue, which I was told by the credit associate last time that I didn't have that. The last time I called them, beginning of December, I told them that I wanted to know the update on one of the credit issues and then this other credit issue that they had told me that didn't exist in my credit. And then they checked through. I get to settle. And then the other credit issue, they said that it doesn't come out in my credit score, so they assumed that it was taken care of, which was just no more than a few weeks ago I got that letter from that one that I had mentioned to them months ago.

When I signed up, I gave the full amount of what they told me it was going to be for the loan. So, it's already paid for. And I know that with one of the settlements, which was Bank of America, they were able to reduce it. So, once everything's done, they told me that they would reach out to me and I will get that money back if there was any money left over. I wanted to find a great credit program like CreditAssociates to be helped and it could be taken care of quick, because I had all the money already.

I paid everything within a month. And they had me pay it to a bank, or whoever holds all the money. And then, two of my loans were settled, and one of those two was reduced less than what they had sold me, which was great. And then the only one that was left was the Oportun. CreditAssociates told me that I needed to get my account number for it. They just said that they would figure it out and take care of it. That was the last time I have spoken to anybody. And then I got another random one, which I already knew I had, but I was told by CreditAssociates that it didn't exist. So, I ignored it until I just got it a week ago.

The only issue I find is that there is no communication. There is no reach to see what's going on, how's everything going. If I didn't call, and I wouldn't know what's going on. I paid the full amount that I needed to pay. They told me that total was for all the loans that I owed. So, I don't know what's happening with that money as well. Is it still there? The other ones were paid for. Is there extra being sent over? What's going on with my other loan? Why do I have this other loan? I don't even know what's going on. But then it’s a month when they had told me they settled two. I got a text and an email, and then they called me. But the fact that they took care of two of the loans so quick was amazing. But I have recommended this to other people.

Original review: April 10, 2021

The rep explained everything to me and gave me an idea of what my monthly expense would look like per month to clear everything. I was risking giving up my cards but in the future, I could always rebuild my credit and reapply. At the time, I needed CreditAssociates. I noticed the changes right away since I started working with them. They started reaching out to the credit card people and working with them to minimize the amount overall in addition to just paying for the bills. On top of that, the communication was excellent because every time something was in the works, I was informed through either email or voicemail. I was always in the loop of what was going on and what was taking place. At times, I even had to approve things, which felt good. Everything has been paid already. I can't complain about anything.

I'm glad that I decided to do this when I did, because during this whole being home still a year and a half later, I have not been financially stressed with any bills, which is crazy because I'm not working and I have very little income. But it seems to be okay to survive and it feels good. But if I had those credit card debts, I would have been losing my mind and not being able to do what I need to do with buying certain items for the baby. I'm telling other people as well that are in a similar situation.

My credit score dropped but that was gonna happen anyway because I wasn't able to make more than minimum payments due. At times, I probably wouldn't have been able to make any payments. But now, I can rebuild because everything's been cleared up and paid off. Working with CreditAssociates took over the whole process and it was simple, easy and affordable. I was paying almost 1,000 a month in my bills and I was getting nowhere paying that much because I was paying minimums on so many cards. It went down to the 228 so, that was wow.

I don't have any bills right now and I hope not to get into debt again. But in the future, I will keep them in mind. I will also recommend them to other people because my whole experience has been stress-free, which is the main word in this whole situation when you're dealing with money and with living paycheck to paycheck especially during COVID where people don't really have much right now. It’s the best thing to do.

During the whole process, I was mainly speaking to the same people. But if I ever called the line to try to get through to call someone back, it didn't matter who picked up the phone because they all were equally knowledgeable of every single step by step. It's very personal with you. They work as a team. I don't know them face to face but the brief moments that we had through calls and emails were great. I have no problem. There's an account you will set up online so you can check out your stuff at your convenience, whenever you want, in the middle, to see what was settled, what's going on, what’s in progress, et cetera, et cetera. So, it was a great experience.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2021

My husband is not thrilled that it's taking so long. He wishes it was faster but the problem is we can only contribute what we can contribute. Also, I wish our welcome coordinator told us how long it would take for us to get our credit back up. He kind of made it seem like it was gonna be fast but unfortunately, that's not the case. A little bit more transparency would have been fabulous. Now we're having an issue with getting a new loan for our cars because of our credit.

Other than those, they've been very professional. There were times when they called and I couldn't answer so they left a message, which was fine. I dealt with one rep that was a little rude. She said if we can't contribute any more, they're gonna have to decline the request. But it is what it is. I know she's just doing her job. I appreciate what CreditAssociates is doing for us and I would recommend them.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2021

The reps explained everything completely and answered any questions that I had and everything went over very smoothly. CreditAssociates sent me an email to let me know when my first debt was taken care of and then, I was overlapping into one of the other bills so they got in touch with me by phone to see if I could add a little bit extra a month so that they could start working on the next bill. I appreciate that rather than just sitting there paying and not doing anything.

CreditAssociates is doing their part to take your money that you bank and give it to your debtors and to resolve the issue of the bill. Once the representative that you talk with breaks it down and explains it and how the program works, it's self-explanatory. I have numerous creditors, so it might take me a little bit longer but I would consider if I do get extra money to try to feed it on to CreditAssociates so I can get my debt taken care of as soon as possible. If you want to get rid of some of your reoccurring debts, CreditAssociates would be very helpful to any individual. I recommend it.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2021

They seemed to handle my debt pretty good. It was only a matter of six weeks before the first debt got settled. If I want any information, all I have to do is log on to the webpage. But they could contact me once in a while to let me know how things are going. Other than that, I'm very satisfied with the way things are being handled.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2021

I enjoyed working with them. I'm still working through the program but my credit is better now.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2021

When CreditAssociates took my accounts, they added them up but there was a $7,000 difference between what I owe and what I would have to pay out. So my base number was 13,000 and some change. I'm under the impression that I'm going to pay them this 13,000 and some change over a period of time. But they didn’t make it clear that as time went on, my payments could go up based on the accounts that were closed and the agreement we make with them. The representative that initially does the paperwork should be more clearer on how this process works.

When they closed a couple of accounts one time, my payment went up to $52, and then the next time, it went up to $100. I've had conversations with them where I asked them if we could start the new payment amount next month? But they said, “No, we need that payment right now.” Fortunately, I had money in my account to be able to do that. But everybody's not going to be that fortunate to have money to where when CreditAssociates call them, they can instantly give the money. Also, I don't get a call from my debt consultant at all. I only initially received an email that said, “We’re close to closing now on one of your accounts.” But if I got a debt consultant, it’s somebody that should be in touch with me periodically.

CreditAssociates interact with me about raising my payments and settling accounts. They tell me what’s going on. If I don't hear from them about any other accounts, then I’d know that it's not that it’s not happening, it's just that they’re working on it. But every time they settle an account, it's like they want more money. But I'm on a fixed income right now.

CreditAssociates Company Information