2. Finance
Accredited Partner

Call ConsumerAffairs Toll Free
Get Started
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.42/5

Whether you are facing insurmountable debt due to job loss, divorce, sickness, loss of income, or one of many other reasons, CreditAssociates is here to help. As the industry leaders, CreditAssociates works with clients to provide fast and affordable debt relief. Our proprietary electronic debt-settlement software coupled with our team of debt advisors provide the system you need to work towards your custom debt relief solution. We provide free consultations for a wide-range of debt needs including credit card, medical, personal loans and more. Additionally, utilize our mobile app to track your progress 24/7 and instantly your timeline to being debt-free.

Enroll today to join one of tens of thousands of people we have worked with to get out of debt in 24-36 months.

BOTTOM LINE

CreditAssociates is an innovative debt relief company that works with consumers who have $10,000 or more in unsecured debt. Although you have to pay a portion of the settled debt, 24/7 customer service and the potential for financial freedom may be worth it.

PROS

• Apple and Android app
  • 24/7 customer service
  • Free initial consultation

CONS

• Services not available in all states

Top CreditAssociates Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about CreditAssociates?

The reps that I got to work with were very professional and had all the answers to my questions. Getting started with CreditAssociates has given me a huge sense of relief. They should continue doing what they’re doing.

CreditAssociates has been wonderful. I had been thinking about the program for six months. I did my research with it and it seemed like it was fair. It was great, 100% all the way across the board. CreditAssociates was to the point and very professional.

CreditAssociates Call ConsumerAffairs (855) 381-0979 Get Started
Call ConsumerAffairs

What is CreditAssociates?

CreditAssociates is a leading company in the debt settlement industry, having settled over $1 billion in debt. They are AFCC certified, and C & B Credibility Corp verified. CreditAssociates specializes in settling credit card debt and medical expenses.

The CreditAssociates debt settlement process should take 24 to 36 months to complete. During this process, CreditAssociates negotiators will work with your creditors to reduce the amount of debt owed. Though it might seem like a long time at first, taking 2 to 3 years to become debt-free is a goal worth achieving.

How does CreditAssociates work?

CreditAssociates offers a free financial consultation where you can discuss what qualifications are necessary for you to become one of their clients. Once they come up with a savings plan for you, you can analyze and decide if you want to move forward with their debt settlement services. You must have over $10,000 in debt to qualify for CreditAssociates and be able to make regular settlement payments.

If you choose to enroll, CreditAssociates will immediately start negotiating with your creditors. Once you have enough funds in your account to pay a settlement, CreditAssociates will then coordinate your debt settlement payment.

CreditAssociates services

CreditAssociates offers financial consultations and debt settlement services. Having a large amount of debt should not be a deterrent to working with CreditAssociates — they have vast experience dealing with large amounts of debt. Their goal is to take you through a debt settlement program in 24 to 36 months, though this is not guaranteed since each debt settlement case is different. Most CreditAssociates clients can become debt-free after paying a fraction of their original debt thanks to CreditAssociates’s debt negotiators. CreditAssociates will not charge you a fee until your debt is settled.

CreditAssociates FAQ

How much does CreditAssociates cost?
Typically, CreditAssociates charges clients 15-25% of the settled debt amount. Exact costs and fees depend on the size of your debt and the extent of your settlement. You can undergo a free consultation to learn more about specific charges and fees for your particular case.
How does CreditAssociates affect your credit?
Your credit will likely suffer after undergoing debt settlement services with CreditAssociates; however, this is true of any debt settlement process. If you stop making payments to your creditors, your credit will suffer even while you work to recover from your financial difficulties. However, many people with large amounts of debt still opt for debt settlement since it can save them a lot of money. If you aren’t looking to buy a car or house in the near future, it's a good option.
Where are CreditAssociates services available?

Some applicants will not qualify for their services. Even if they can’t do business with you, CreditAssociates can refer you to an accredited service provider equipped to help you with debt relief services.

• Alabama
  • Tennessee
  • Texas
  • Virgina
  • Wisconsin
Do you qualify for CreditAssociates debt settlement?

To qualify:

• You have at least $10,000 in unsecured debt
  • You can make regular settlement payments
  • You can take 24-36 months to settle your debt
  • You can eventually pay 15-25% of your settled debt to CreditAssociates

Is CreditAssociates any good?

CreditAssociates has received excellent reviews on ConsumerAffairs.com, and their clients praise the professionalism and expertise of CreditAssociates representatives. Although CreditAssociates clearly state there is no estimated savings guarantee, they have saved clients over $1 billion in debt. Their website remains somewhat ambiguous in terms of costs and fees, though they do offer a free consultation where numbers can be discussed. We recommend CreditAssociates if you’ve decided debt settlement is necessary.

CreditAssociates Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CreditAssociates?

Original review: Aug. 3, 2020

I have a credit card that I've been paying on since 2014. I heard of CreditAssociates on the radio and I decided to give them a call to see what they could do. I spoke with Zach and I asked him if he could help. I have two credit cards, one of them was drowning me and the other one was sort of an in addition to. He was very knowledgeable, friendly, and reassuring about the process, given that it is nerve-wracking. He explained fully how it's gonna negatively impact me for a short period of time and how it's gonna positively impact me over a long period of time.

After I was done speaking with him, he directed me to stop paying the two credit cards and to not be intimidated by them. He also told me to sort of transfer any money out of those accounts, just in case, to protect myself. From there, I got another phone call from a different gentleman. He asked if I had any further questions and informed me that they were missing pieces of information. I gave it to him and now, it's just a waiting game.

I don't like the idea of my credit being compromised for a short period of time. But as far as the pleasantries and as far as people explaining things to me, I really couldn't have asked for a better experience. My biggest credit card is with a credit union and I was told by other debt consolidation places that there's nothing I can do inside my agreement with that company. They won't allow any sort of debt consolidation program and this and that. I always felt very defeated with that whole thing. But to know that there’s a company out there that says, “We understand what they're saying, but everybody will negotiate,” and made me feel that there is some semblance of hope, that on its own makes me feel like one day, I might be debt-free.

Also, they're very realistic. They let me know the amount of money that would be put into that account and if things go the other way, I'm ensured that that goes back to me. All of it has been pretty comforting for the most part. It's a little nerve-wracking because I've never done this type of thing before but I feel supported by CreditAssociates. I understand this is what they do for a living and I'm just one of hundreds or thousands of people but it still felt like a personable experience. I'm optimistic about what they might be able to do to help me out and at the end of the day, even if they can't, because I have a creditor that just won't budge, I always appreciate the effort. As far as customer service and good bedside manner, I would recommend anybody at least giving it a shot.

Get buying tips about Debt Settlement delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 20, 2020

My husband saw an advertisement for CreditAssociates. And with COVID-19 going on and lack of work for both of us, we got into a serious hole. I checked with the Better Business Bureau and found that they did not have a bad rating or anything. I also checked on another company, and I called them and they wanted outrageous fees. So, I decided to try CreditAssociates and they seemed to be a whole lot more reasonable. I called them and I spoke to John and he was very nice. He was very understanding and very pleasant to work with. He did not come across as judgmental, which under the circumstances, I understand that some people would. They laid everything out for me upfront, explained the entire process from start to finish, and they let me know right away whether or not we qualified for their program, what did quality, what didn't, how it was handled. They explained the entire thing, so I didn't have any major questions going in.

So far, everything has gone very smoothly. As I get stuff, if I have questions, I call, and whoever answers the phone is usually able to help me with no problem and let me know what's going o, and they handle whatever little thing I have going. I was just getting ready to forward an email to them that I got from a debt collector and I thought, “Let them let me know what I need to do with it.” We’ve had a very good experience with them. It has been six weeks and they already got one of our accounts settled.

Original review: April 27, 2020

When I first called CreditAssociates, Bryant was very professional. He put any doubts I had at ease and made it even easier for me to be able to move along with associating myself with this company. We ended up doing the credit and personal loan. He explained to me how the process was gonna work and what to expect every step of the way. He was doing the enrollment process and then I got a phone call a few days afterward for the welcome call. The guy who onboard was awesome and very helpful. They knew what they were talking about ‘cause they said pretty much the same things, what to expect and how possibly the credit union that I’m currently banking with will give me threatening calls, and then make payments and make sure it’s easier for them to negotiate my debt down.

The enrollment process was easy. Bryant sent me the paperwork. While on the phone, he explained to me that I would need my client identification number to sign in, and then create a password, and then put both my account numbers on there so that it’d make it easier for them to speak to my bank once it came time. I was told that it would take about 41 months for the whole process to be completed. My first payment starts in May. I plan on giving a lump sum amount of money shortly to speed up the process. The Navy Federal knows that I’m in good faith with trying to pay off this debt.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2020

I was in need of debt solution and CreditAssociates was the only one who sent me mail in regards to it. They seemed to have a lot of good stuff that could really help me. They could reduce the debt and they could also put everything together and for one small payment, which was awesome. The customer service rep was amazing. She told me what they do and how they do things. It was an awesome experience. She made my day. And then, she told me that I was gonna get call a couple of days after when it came to setting up the whole process and the whole savings account through my bank account. They called me but it wasn’t at the best time because I was at work. I asked them if they could give me a call later, but they never did. So, I do not have any money in the savings because I don’t know how to do it.

I know that once a certain amount of money have been saved up, that’s when they start to call the people from the credit cards themselves. But until that happens, I just wonder what happens because I still get letters saying that I haven’t paid. So, does the call happen immediately to let them know what's going on, and then a recall for payment? That part was a little unclear and it would be helpful if that could be explained a bit more.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2019

I just signed up with CreditAssociates. I knew I have to get out of my situation with my credit card. I’m disabled, and I was supposed to have died last year, and I didn't. And so, I’m gonna stick around for a lot longer than I ever planned to. So, I better take care of this before I do die. After I found out what CreditAssociates is doing, there's gotta be a better way to do what they're doing. What they do is they start collecting money from you to settle each card. Then, you do pay the credit card people, and then, they get desperate enough that they wanna settle, and these guys were there, saying, “Hey, look. We've got this amount of money. Will you take it?” And they’ll say, “Yeah.”

There’s gotta be a quicker, less harmful way between where we’re going and what we have to do to get the credit card companies to where they wanna do it. But other than that, it’s fine. The reps from CreditAssociates bend over backwards, they're very nice people, and they sent me information like they said they would, and now, I'm just waiting for their first drawdown, and they're going to draw their money out in about 10 days. I have recommended CreditAssociates to other people.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2020

I was tired of dealing with credit repairs because they do certain things that's temporary and it goes right back to the same status. I'm on the goal to remove things so I can buy me a house. I can't buy a house with all these negative collection. I worked with CreditAssociates because they seemed like they know about what they're doing. The gentleman was very nice and professional. He answered all my questions at once. The program is great and I'm very satisfied. They won't take most of my credit out but it's better than zero. I just need to know the name of the company that's gonna be holding the account to fund the account before I start filling anything up so I can give the money to the right people.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2020

I researched CreditAssociates on the internet and I saw really good ratings from everybody. It's been pretty good so far. Everybody that has talked to me was very nice and clear. It was easy to understand when they explained the program.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2020

I felt very supported at the beginning of the relationship. But now I’m a bit lost. I feel there is no sufficient follow up information. I’ve sent several emails without answer. I would very much appreciate additional contact and explanation of the status of my account and steps forward.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2020

I called you a week before you were to take the money out of my acct. to tell you it was not there. You ignored me and cased other checks to bounce along with yours. Thanks. I really need that. Take it out once a month not twice like you are trying to do. My budget is not even right. Needs to be corrected.

Original review: July 31, 2020

This company is a complete fraud, nothing but crooks and liars. Most of all of the four and five star reviews are people like me that were promised everything would be fine in the beginning. However I am almost one year into the program and have to tell you they have done nothing to fulfill any other promises. When I enrolled, I was told that they guarantee they can settle all of the debts for around 50% of the balance owed at the time. I enrolled 5 accounts totaling over 125k. Seeing that in the beginning they promised wonderful things I also enrolled my wife and 3 of her AMEX cards a few months later.

When Amex begin calling us and we told him then we enrolled in debt consolidation they said they do not deal with any of these companies. When I brought it to a Credit Associates, they told me, as they have many numerous times, they deal with every financial institution and consolidate more than $100 million of debt per day. We received a letter in February that the Amex accounts have been closed and turned over to a legal firm for collections. When I called to tell credit associates this they said that is great news that they can then start to settle the account. When I called back in June to ask why nothing has been done they said that they never received the letter that I had emailed in February, however I have course had proof that it was sent directly to my account rep and was conveniently not put into the system.

I have received a call only seven months after sending them the attorney letter and they tell me that they are going to settle for approx 60% of what is owed. When you add in their fees that means we are paying back a total of over $8000 on an initial $9100 balance. This is over 80% of what we originally owed not 40 or 50% as a they guaranteed. Meanwhile needless to say as we have been waiting for now over 10 months for them to take action for resolving these debts both of our credit has gone down several hundred points to pour status and we cannot get any loans or credit cards to help us survive in this pandemic in time of need.

I had enrolled five cards totaling $125,000 in debt with these jokers. Only after more than eight months did they finally reached out to try to settle one of the accounts, and that was only because it was an American Express that had been sent to a collections agency and I had no choice but to take whatever offer was on the table otherwise they would file a lawsuit. One of the accounts that is enrolled was a line of credit, which after four months of delinquency the bank went to an adjacent checking account and withdrew over $4000 to pay for back payments and penalties and fees.

When I brought this to the attention of credit associates, they acted surprised, however they have told me numerous time they have worked with every financial institution and know every rules of debt. They told me to avoid this in the future to just close the account. I told them I have 4 business accounts with BofA and it takes a great deal of work with my (international) clients to change any banking info and this was not an option!

I once spoke to a supervisor regarding a potential settlement and I was upset with the amount and the fees they were proposing, and I declined to except it. He told me that he would speak with his team and call me right back regarding a new proposal. He did not call me back but I did receive an email & text l notification shortly after that the account was automatically settled. When I called a question why and how this can happen, they told me if there is a offer at a certain amount they have to automatically except it. How convenient that they lowered their fees just enough to get over this exception. But no one ever called me or followed up, they simply manipulated the system to auto accept the offer.

They have not done anything much in over 10 months because it is in their best interest for those accounts to rack up interest and fees because their fee is based on the overall amount. They have settled one account for me, and I now end up obligated to pay back over 80% of the original enrolled debt. I have called countless times during the duration of the program to find out why there has been no activity and they constantly make excuses between they need more time and they need more money in the account.

When I brought it to their attention if it were a possibility if I were able to increase my funding or add a lump sum to any more of the accounts if they close it quicker and they said absolutely yes. When I said why did you never tell me this they said but they have so many clients they cannot reach out to any one individual to let them know what is needed to move forward faster. And when I ask why my payback is going to be much higher than the 50% they promised, they tell me it is because I enrolled a very large amount of debt! Are you serious? They knew every single penny when the took on the accounts and still promised, quoted & put into my account the payback figures.

In the end we are not paying anywhere close to 40 or 50% but closer to 80 % of the original enrolled debt on the settled accounts, all the while ruining our credit that will take years to repair. Do not fall for their empty promises and “smooth talk" to coax you into the program. They simply cannot deliver on any of their promises. It is well known that the credit card will work with you directly to reduce or eliminate interest, as well as take a potential lower settlement before you enroll with credit consolidation or perhaps file bankruptcy. So unless you are in desperate need to enroll with this program, I would highly encourage anyone to contact the credit cards directly and try to settle yourself before ruining your credit because you will not save anywhere near what they promise you.

CreditAssociates Company Information