Call toll free
4.32/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Whether you are facing insurmountable debt due to job loss, divorce, sickness, loss of income, or one of many other reasons, CreditAssociates is here to help. As the industry leaders, CreditAssociates works with clients to provide fast and affordable debt relief. Our proprietary electronic debt-settlement software coupled with our team of debt advisors provide the system you need to work towards your custom debt relief solution. We provide free consultations for a wide-range of debt needs including credit card, medical, personal loans and more. Additionally, utilize our mobile app to track your progress 24/7 and instantly your timeline to being debt-free.

Enroll today to join one of tens of thousands of people we have worked with to get out of debt in 24-36 months.

View More View More

38 CreditAssociates Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

I received a phone call from Credit Associates and they went over everything, and it sounded like something worth trying. They walked me through step-by-step and assured me that this was a good way to go and that my debts would be getting paid. The rep was Christopher and he kept asking me question after question, making me feel comfortable that I had nothing to lose.

Get expert buying tips about Debt Consolidation Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

My income dropped and I wanted to find a way to pay my debt, but I couldn’t pay as much as I could. I asked one of my credit card people if they could arrange to lower my payment, and they told me no. A friend told me about CreditAssociates and you just gotta have a computer to sign up. Everything that I’ve heard from CreditAssociates sounds good but, so far, I've only seen them talk and nothing has happened yet. I want these people that I owe to hear from them, and let them know what’s going on so they can stop bothering me. Other than that, the people from CreditAssociates that I've talked to are very nice.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2018

I received a letter from CreditAssociates and it seemed the most sane and logical thing that I had gotten, compared to those from various debt settlement companies. They seemed to be less pressure, less hype, and a better answer for me. We’re just getting started, but I am confident and I feel that they’ve been honest with me and that I can trust what they say. I’m a really intuitive person and it felt like I could trust the debt consultant that I've been working most closely with to be telling me the truth. He did not pressure me and there was no pushing, which would have turned me off and turned me away. He just gave me a lot of information, helped me, and answered all my questions. I've had a couple of write-offs and I got a hold of somebody with the answers for me. I would recommend CreditAssociates.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

We’re in a bad spot and I have always heard that there are all these companies that will help you. When I called CreditAssociates I talked to the rep for a long time before I went ahead and went through with it. The rep was really down to earth and he just made it to where I felt comfortable doing it. I wouldn't be tied in all the rules and I could cancel. I was told that by the second month I would be hearing from the first person that would try to make a deal. I’m on the third month now but they haven’t contacted me about the first deal yet. Nevertheless, I’ve had good experience so far and I hope it’s everything that they said it would be and I hope it works.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

My experiences with Credit Associates went pretty well. It wasn't difficult to sign up and the person I dealt with helped me a lot. He was nice and patient. Working with them lessened some stress off my shoulders, and I’m thankful for the opportunity.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CreditAssociates?

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

CreditAssociates had contacted me through email, and my experience with them has been okay. However, I don’t want to do any more business with them, but I've been unable to reach them and tell them that. Every time I call, I'm put on hold and it leaves me on hold. I would not recommend them at all.

CreditAssociates response

We apologize for your experience with our team and appreciate your feedback. We will have someone from the team reach out to you to discuss your concerns and the details of your experience.

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

I'm in a really bad place financially right now. I was about to lose my car and my rent is backed up. I’m a single parent with three kids. I had a death in my family, and ever since my mom passed away, I’ve literally been living paycheck to paycheck and sometimes, that doesn’t even happen. So one of the things that I let go of was the credit cards because I was surviving off of them, and I didn’t have the money to pay back. I don’t wanna mess up my credit even more, or get put into collections, or whatever issues coming towards me.

I tried to see if I could just ask for a loan but at that time, I was told that because my credit score went down, I didn’t qualify for a loan. But then I got something in the mail saying that I could try CreditAssociates out, and that they would help me. I called them and tried their service out. It was cheaper what they sent me in the mail, but when the rep ran all the numbers, she said that it would be a little bit more. It was close to $200 a month, and that was still doable because I can do $200 a month as long as it would cover both the credit cards and the rep said it would.

So I set everything up for my credit cards to be looked over. However, I haven’t seen any results. They already took money out of my account but I’m getting constant calls from the credit card companies saying that they haven’t gotten contacted by anyone, and they need me to make a payment. I also called CreditAssociates when they deducted the money from my account because the money was taken out in two different amounts instead of one amount. I was thrown off and I didn’t really understand why it was a different amount. I thought that it was just a little scheme. I went bananas on them. They explained everything to me and they told me that I needed to just give them a little bit more time and that was two weeks ago.

CreditAssociates response

With debt negotiation, creditors do have the right to continue their collection efforts. Most of our clients feel that this short term sacrifice is worth resolving their debt situation. This program takes patience and perseverance. I will have someone in management reach out to you in order to answer any additional questions you may have.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

I wanted to be relieved from my debt in a faster manner. I never really had any issues with not paying the bills. The interest rate was just so high that my debt to income ratio wasn't fulfilling those needs and getting it down faster. CreditAssociates seemed to be a good company and they had a good deal going on that fit my needs so I went with them. Their rep had a really good customer service and he was well-spoken. I'm about a month and a half now in the program.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2018

I needed some help so I can get my credit to go back up. The people at CreditAssociates were very polite, and they explained things to me very well where I could understand them. They’ve been keeping in touch with me by sending me emails. They were knowledgeable and if I had any concerns, they talked to me and made me comfortable. Every question that I asked them, they were right to the point. It was like they didn’t have any hidden agendas. I had a bad experience with Lexington and I was kind of leery of CreditAssociates at first. Mike, their rep, was able to answer all my questions and assured me that I would be in good hands.

They got the first payment, and they told me it would be going into an escrow account, so the money would be there when they take the deal with the credit people. They also told me that I have access to the escrow account. I would be able to see that the money is going in there. I would recommend CreditAssociates because they were very thorough.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

I’m at the initial stage with CreditAssociates, and so far, my experience with them has gone according to plan. I worked with a debt consultant named Austin and he was knowledgeable.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

When it seemed I couldn’t pay my bills, I sought CreditAssociates’ services. I worked with Lawrence and he was very honest. I've been working with CreditAssociates for a month now and it has been a good experience.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

I’m satisfied with CreditAssociates. I worked with Jim and he was a very nice guy. I checked another company, and CreditAssociates was a little bit cheaper as far as the settlement.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

Last year, I went to a lawyer and filed for bankruptcy. At the same time that I went, I have landed on a job so the lawyer told me that I qualified for the bankruptcy and to pay him $2500. When I finished paying him, I kept working because my daughter was still out of a job so I had to help her financially. Then when I went to him in January, he told me that I didn't qualify for bankruptcy because I was making too much money. He should have told me that a long time ago. He screwed up my life big time.

On March 27th, I got terminated from my job so I qualified for unemployment. My last check was yesterday so now, I'm not getting that weekly. I was looking at the TV one day and saw the commercial on CreditAssociates. I took their number down, called them and I decided to stay with them. I worked with Catherine and Leslie, and they were great. I spoke to Anna, and she was great too. When Capital One sent me a letter stating that they were gonna sue me, my anxiety level went up sky high but Anna alleviated it. She told me not to worry and that they would take care of it. Another thing is that I have to call her to tell her that I'm no longer getting unemployment benefits. I just get two checks a month which is my pension and my retirement.

I'm on my first month working with CreditAssociates and I'm happy. It's causing a financial crisis but I hope that this could clear my credit. I feel like it's gonna work but it's gonna be hard because I have to pay for 36 months. I'm also a little sad 'cause I'm on a fixed income, and I thought I just had to pay $158 but then they charged me $9.95 for global something. Other than those, I would definitely recommend CreditAssociates.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

I wanted to take my interest rates and credit card off and I gave CreditAssociates a call. Their debt consultant, Nick, explained everything clearly. I like his professionalism and everything has been fine, so far. I was happy with everything.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2018

I got CreditAssociates' number on a TV ad and called them. Since then, I've got more different offers from different companies but I didn't wanna switch. I'm happy CreditAssociates is working with me and I'm content with what they're doing. I worked with Eric and he was very good. He knew everything and relayed all the information to me. Also, he answered what I was worried about so, I was well pleased with it. CreditAssociates helped me out, got me going, and relieved a lot of pressure off of me. They took out the first payment on the 27th of September and they told me if I had any problems to give them a call. Working with them took a lot of debt off me and a lot of my monthly check to make my bills. I would highly recommend them to anybody.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

I got divorced and I had to spend time in behavioral health. I also lost my job and haven't been able to work 'till now, so everything piled up. I tried CreditAssociates and they were knowledgeable, helpful and nice.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

We needed to consolidate or figure out a way to help us monthly as we do. I gave CreditAssociates a call and they do a good job in explaining the process 'cause I don't really know what is going on. Then I talked to somebody yesterday to get him to explain everything to me more. I talked to them a bunch. They're working and so far, so good.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

I got sick and I had some bills I needed to get taken care of so I decided to give CreditAssociates a call and my experience with them went very well. I was impressed with the way the rep did things. He was able to help in a lot of ways and everything worked out okay. CreditAssociates made my life a bit easier.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

We joined CreditAssociates after our BankAmericard went up to a higher interest rate. We’re on a fixed income and there’s absolutely no reason that it should have gone up that high because we’ve never missed a payment and never been late. Another reason was the interest rate that the amount would be in 36 years before it was paid was only $12,000. We were making the minimum payment of $250 a month. On the other hand, CreditAssociates offered $245 for 36 months. Also, enrolling in the service was easy because of our credit rating. We have yet to receive our packet but everything was finalized and being with them has been a relief so far. Their consultant who we worked with was great and most helpful. I would recommend to anybody who is on a fixed income and had to use their credit card for medical bills to seek out CreditAssociates.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

I called Credit Associates and talked to one of the associates. Signing up was quick and my debt consultant was knowledgeable and friendly. He made me feel at ease. I had an excellent experience overall and I've already recommended them.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

Austin was wonderful. I don't have any law experience and very little mathematical ability, but he explained everything very slowly and gingerly. I also have a lot of medical problems but he made things very easy for me. I was impressed by his sense of humor and his candidness. I have two credit cards and my debt was getting too high. I didn't want to drain my parents of their life savings. But I'm paying down debt on one credit card only. I wanted to keep one in case of an emergency. When Austin told me that the program was probably gonna ruin my credit, I wasn't real happy about that but this was the only way I could get this paid off. Besides, working with CreditAssociates really makes me feel at ease. It gives me a sense of peace that I can catch up in the world and not have debt up to the ceiling every time I turn around. I'd tell others to go to CreditAssociates and to jump into the fire in a minute because it's great.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

CreditAssociates is a very good company to do business with. They’re very precise in their figuring and they’re also very quick. We’re in some credit card problems and I have a major illness going on. We needed some help and so far, my experience with CreditAssociates has been very good. Working with them has helped us out quite a bit. Keanu is my consultant and he's very good at what he says and does. When we were having trouble with our computer booting up and doing the signatures online, he even helped us get through that.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

I’m a truck driver and I had too much credit card debt. I've been with CreditAssociates for four weeks and I've just started with the debt relief program. So far, there have been a whole lot of phone calls. The program that I'm in will last for 36 months but I’m thinking about cutting it back to 24 months.

CreditAssociates response

Roger, We understand that the creditor calls can be overwhelming at times. Remember that this is a short term sacrifice for the long term gain of financial freedom.

Please call us or go to the personalized Client Website in order to adjust your program term. We always encourage our clients to save more and settle their accounts faster. Our goal is to get you out of debt as fast as possible.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

Kevin was the one I did business with at CreditAssociates and he was direct throughout the program. The only thing I didn't appreciate was that they made it sound like I needed to do an insurance program to help me out with taxes. But that wasn't the case at all so that felt a little misleading just for them to get a sale. I understand they get kickbacks but that's not the way they should have gone about it. They should've asked me if I needed it or if was interested. I already have that product through my work and yet, they were already quoting me with that rolled in. But other than that, the experience was great and everything is right on par. I'd tell others to give CreditAssociates a call if they need it.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2018

I was having troubles with my bills and I couldn't catch up. I told CreditAssociates that I didn't want them beating around the bush and that I needed to know if they can help me or not. Canale, my consultant, was straightforward. He told me what they could and couldn't do. I was very comfortable working with him. I would definitely recommend people to check CreditAssociates.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

CreditAssociates has been good. My consultant was very nice. I probably wouldn’t have gone with CreditAssociates if it hadn’t been him. I don't like a pushy person and he was not pushy. He allowed me to take my time and to make decisions. He also explained everything very thoroughly. He was patient with me calling back. I'm still getting a lot of calls but that's not his fault. He told me that that would happen. I appreciate the help.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

I looked into bankruptcy and tried to figure things out on my own and I couldn't. When I called CreditAssociates for a consultation, it seemed like a win-win. It’s been great working with Christopher and he was upfront with all my questions. Although my debt wasn't exactly the highlight of my life, it was good to hear him, and it felt like he was on my level. It wasn't like I was doing something wrong and it was just something that happens. He was willing to help and called back many times to make sure I was okay with everything and got everything done correctly.

I have recommended CreditAssociates to a friend. She has been having some problems with debts and she has been telling me how much she has been paying for a month and she doesn't think she is gonna be able to get uncovered. I've given her all the information and I told her that I have had nothing but positive experience with them. CreditAssociates is saving me several thousand dollars, getting the interest rates down and working with them.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

I became overwhelmed with my credit cards and CreditAssociates came on TV so, I called. That’s how I got started. I talked with Christopher initially and he was very patient to help me work through developing confidence to do this and very pleasant to talk to. But I'm a little disappointed because I have not heard a word from them. I've been swamped with calls from the credit card companies and I told them that I have signed with CreditAssociates. But the companies said they have not been contacted and that they have to keep calling me until they get contact. So, I'm a little confused. I thought CreditAssociates would be in touch with me. It took me a long time to develop confidence to do business with them and then just like all the others, once that was said and done, I haven't heard a word from them. Other than that, they were usually very good.

CreditAssociates response

JImmie, I will have a client success manager contact you in order to discuss your personal file. Remember to have patience and persevere. Getting out of debt isn't an event, it's a process.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

Our experience with CreditAssociates has been great. It has been a month that I've been with them and Stephanie was able to help me and answered all my questions. She was really helpful. Working with them has better my life and I'm very satisfied.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

CreditAssociates has better payments than other companies I considered so I went with them. So far, I have made one payment and their rep was helpful and friendly.

CreditAssociates Company Information