Call toll free
4.45/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Whether you are facing insurmountable debt due to job loss, divorce, sickness, loss of income, or one of many other reasons, CreditAssociates is here to help. As the industry leaders, CreditAssociates works with clients to provide fast and affordable debt relief. Our proprietary electronic debt-settlement software coupled with our team of debt advisors provide the system you need to work towards your custom debt relief solution. We provide free consultations for a wide-range of debt needs including credit card, medical, personal loans and more. Additionally, utilize our mobile app to track your progress 24/7 and instantly your timeline to being debt-free.

Enroll today to join one of tens of thousands of people we have worked with to get out of debt in 24-36 months.

View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

CreditAssociates is an innovative debt relief company that works with consumers who have $10,000 or more in unsecured debt. Although you have to pay a portion of the settled debt, 24/7 customer service and the potential for financial freedom may be worth it.

PROS

• Apple and Android app
  • 24/7 customer service
  • Free initial consultation

CONS

• Services not available in all states

Top CreditAssociates Reviews

01/31/2019

The reps that I got to work with were very professional and had all the answers to my questions. Getting started with CreditAssociates has given me a huge sense of relief. They should continue doing what they’re doing.

04/22/2019

CreditAssociates has been wonderful. I had been thinking about the program for six months. I did my research with it and it seemed like it was fair. It was great, 100% all the way across the board. CreditAssociates was to the point and very professional.

What is CreditAssociates?

CreditAssociates is a leading company in the debt settlement industry, having settled over $1 billion in debt. They are AFCC certified, and C & B Credibility Corp verified. CreditAssociates specializes in settling credit card debt and medical expenses.

The CreditAssociates debt settlement process should take 24 to 36 months to complete. During this process, CreditAssociates negotiators will work with your creditors to reduce the amount of debt owed. Though it might seem like a long time at first, taking 2 to 3 years to become debt-free is a goal worth achieving.

How does CreditAssociates work?

CreditAssociates offers a free financial consultation where you can discuss what qualifications are necessary for you to become one of their clients. Once they come up with a savings plan for you, you can analyze and decide if you want to move forward with their debt settlement services. You must have over $10,000 in debt to qualify for CreditAssociates and be able to make regular settlement payments.

If you choose to enroll, CreditAssociates will immediately start negotiating with your creditors. Once you have enough funds in your account to pay a settlement, CreditAssociates will then coordinate your debt settlement payment.

CreditAssociates services

CreditAssociates offers financial consultations and debt settlement services. Having a large amount of debt should not be a deterrent to working with CreditAssociates — they have vast experience dealing with large amounts of debt. Their goal is to take you through a debt settlement program in 24 to 36 months, though this is not guaranteed since each debt settlement case is different. Most CreditAssociates clients can become debt-free after paying a fraction of their original debt thanks to CreditAssociates’s debt negotiators. CreditAssociates will not charge you a fee until your debt is settled.

CreditAssociates FAQ

How much does CreditAssociates cost?
Typically, CreditAssociates charges clients 15-25% of the settled debt amount. Exact costs and fees depend on the size of your debt and the extent of your settlement. You can undergo a free consultation to learn more about specific charges and fees for your particular case.
How does CreditAssociates affect your credit?
Your credit will likely suffer after undergoing debt settlement services with CreditAssociates; however, this is true of any debt settlement process. If you stop making payments to your creditors, your credit will suffer even while you work to recover from your financial difficulties. However, many people with large amounts of debt still opt for debt settlement since it can save them a lot of money. If you aren’t looking to buy a car or house in the near future, it's a good option.
Where are CreditAssociates services available?

Some applicants will not qualify for their services. Even if they can’t do business with you, CreditAssociates can refer you to an accredited service provider equipped to help you with debt relief services.

• Alabama
  • Tennessee
  • Texas
  • Virgina
  • Wisconsin
Do you qualify for CreditAssociates debt settlement?

To qualify:

• You have at least $10,000 in unsecured debt
  • You can make regular settlement payments
  • You can take 24-36 months to settle your debt
  • You can eventually pay 15-25% of your settled debt to CreditAssociates

Is CreditAssociates any good?

CreditAssociates has received excellent reviews on ConsumerAffairs.com, and their clients praise the professionalism and expertise of CreditAssociates representatives. Although CreditAssociates clearly state there is no estimated savings guarantee, they have saved clients over $1 billion in debt. Their website remains somewhat ambiguous in terms of costs and fees, though they do offer a free consultation where numbers can be discussed. We recommend CreditAssociates if you’ve decided debt settlement is necessary.

152 CreditAssociates Consumer Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

I was so far in debt, I'm on Social Security Disability, and I didn’t have enough money to meet my credit cards. I was just paying the minimum and barely keeping up. Even at times, like in the last few months, I was getting 100 off a credit card just to pay on another credit card. I signed up with CreditAssociates and talked to Henry, their rep. However, when we got my application done, he asked me what my bills are for the month, what they come to, and by the end of the month, I didn’t have any money left. When he was done, he asked me for an email. I don’t have one so I had to go to my friend’s house which is 20 miles away. That’s when he called back, and we had to approve everything over the phone. That was my hardest part about it.

The interaction with the rep was good but nobody has called me since the 3rd when I did the agreement. He said they would call me today. He asked when the best time was. I told him 4 o'clock because I'm still up at the house where I have the email. I just started the payment yesterday and it has been good so far. The rep said they'd keep me updated on the credit cards and what the credit card companies would say. The first credit card was due on the 8th, and the other ones are due on the 15th. And he told me not to pay and then they'd do the debt consolidation. He also said the money comes out of my payment and then after the first year, I can cancel it. He mentioned certain benefits for health and though I told him I didn’t need those, he said I had to sign up with that too to get the debt consolidation. So I signed up for and had to agree to it. Nevertheless, he was professional.

Get expert buying tips about Debt Settlement delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

I had gotten hurt at the beginning of the year. My fourth and fifth vertebrae collapsed on me and I had some bones burst, and it was on my spine, and it was hitting my nerves, and it made my whole left side numb, so I was unable to be able to be at work. During that time, I got a truck payment I had to keep up on and bills, and I had to start using my credit cards to keep me going. And then when I got back to work, I tried to make up for that loss, and I was just getting farther and farther in debt with my credit cards. I've been trying to get along through the credit union and my bank, but nobody was willing to help me out. It so happened that I got the green paper about CreditAssociates through the mail. And then when I've seen that they were gonna cut my balance down to $9,000 and gave me a monthly price, I couldn’t beat it because it's gonna end up saving me close to 300 bucks.

The rep from CreditAssociates that I worked with, Jimmy, explained everything to me. He was polite. When I gave him all the information about my stuff, he checked everything and said I was good to go. He told me that everything’s been approved, and he already gave me an amount that they're gonna take out. When I was on the computer last night and looked at my credit card, I still have balances on them, so then I started getting nervous. I'd call to see if everything happened like he said it was supposed to happen. But other than that, I really appreciate the help that he gave me.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

I'm disabled and I only get $1,200 a month, but I had good credit. Then I got myself in a little over my head by getting all these credit cards and I was using the stuff to live on, which I shouldn’t have done. I got about $23,000 in debt and I wanted to try to get rid of it but I was just paying the minimum payments with everything and I wasn’t getting anywhere. But I didn’t wanna destroy my credit as I worked so hard to keep my credit score as high as it is. Before, it was at 725 and I was in really good shape. But it's in junk right now at 647 and it started to drag down as my limits got higher.

Then I saw this advertisement for CreditAssociates on Fox where a guy said "Don’t consolidate. Don’t file bankruptcy. Give us a call." So I did and the guy I talked to was very knowledgeable. It also seemed like he had his act together when he was talking to me. I used to be a salesman, so I was thankful that he didn’t try to pressure me because if he did, I’d run the other direction so fast and make his head spin. He was very kind and he waited for me to call him back. And when I finally made my decision that I wanted to do their program, he went through this whole thing on the computer with me. I liked the way that I've been handled by the gentleman that initially set this up for me. He was kind, courteous, and seemed like he wasn’t trying to put me into something that was gonna hurt me in any way. And from how I look at it, their program lowered my total debt by almost $8,000.

We put some kind of an account together and they’d draw about $391 out of my bank account every month, then they'd go and pay these accounts off as they can. This is the first month that CreditAssociates have made a withdrawal and I haven't heard anything back from them. They also sent me a file package and I got the book here. I've read it because now, I'm getting all these calls from all these creditors. I told them that I'm handling things and asked them not to call me anymore. But they said they were gonna send me letters and I'm saving all those documents as they wanted me to forward all of that to CreditAssociates.

So far, I'm amazed and I feel like a weight has been lifted off of me. But I don't know whether or not they have contacted these companies as of yet. After scanning the book a little bit, I realized that I didn't know that I needed to get on the computer, set up the account, and make sure they have all the account numbers. I was under the assumption that they had all that data because I looked at it when their rep put it on the computer with me. So I need to go through that, monitor things on a monthly basis, and see where we're going and how we're getting along. I'm assuming that the savings accounts had to be built up to a certain point where they pay off an individual debt then move on to another one.

Other than that, I feel very comfortable with the fact that I signed up with CreditAssociates and I don’t feel terrified or scared. I'm hoping and praying that I did the right thing but I had to get out from under that debt. It was killing me and I hope it doesn’t destroy my credit score too much. I also hope that I can climb back out of this and get back on top of the game. I feel like going with CreditAssociates is a win-win and as of now, I'm very satisfied.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

One of the credit cards we were paying on jumped from 330 to 800 dollars. We had a good rate and we miscalculated how long we were gonna use the money, and the interest just ballooned up. We knew we couldn’t pay that. We called CreditAssociates to see how we could work with them or how they would work with us and before we know it, we were enrolled in everything. We didn’t expect it to happen so quickly but we didn’t have a problem with it. We worked with Kevin and the first time, he gave us his number to call back. Most people that are doing this are working 24/7 so it's hard to find time to talk but I had a direct number to call him and that was good. Then when I called, he was on another call, so I left my message and he called me right back. We had a little problem and we called CreditAssociates, and they worked with us so we're happy with the service.

We are getting bombarded with calls from the people that we owe money from because we stopped making payments. CreditAssociates was saying that we needed to fall behind. One or two debts are still current, and by next month it’ll be behind and we know that's part of the process. Without the extra $500 payment, we're still paying about the same amount that we had before. The exciting part is that in four years of paying, we would have paid off the debt. We wouldn’t have been able to do that without CreditAssociates and we would recommend them to friends and family that would need their service.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

Last year, I went to a lawyer and filed for bankruptcy. At the same time that I went, I have landed on a job so the lawyer told me that I qualified for the bankruptcy and to pay him $2500. When I finished paying him, I kept working because my daughter was still out of a job so I had to help her financially. Then when I went to him in January, he told me that I didn't qualify for bankruptcy because I was making too much money. He should have told me that a long time ago. He screwed up my life big time.

On March 27th, I got terminated from my job so I qualified for unemployment. My last check was yesterday so now, I'm not getting that weekly. I was looking at the TV one day and saw the commercial on CreditAssociates. I took their number down, called them and I decided to stay with them. I worked with Catherine and Leslie, and they were great. I spoke to Anna, and she was great too. When Capital One sent me a letter stating that they were gonna sue me, my anxiety level went up sky high but Anna alleviated it. She told me not to worry and that they would take care of it. Another thing is that I have to call her to tell her that I'm no longer getting unemployment benefits. I just get two checks a month which is my pension and my retirement.

I'm on my first month working with CreditAssociates and I'm happy. It's causing a financial crisis but I hope that this could clear my credit. I feel like it's gonna work but it's gonna be hard because I have to pay for 36 months. I'm also a little sad 'cause I'm on a fixed income, and I thought I just had to pay $158 but then they charged me $9.95 for global something. Other than those, I would definitely recommend CreditAssociates.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CreditAssociates?

Original review: Aug. 27, 2019

I had multiple debts that I needed to pay off and CreditAssociates' reps were very helpful. I'm finished with everything and pleased with the results.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2019

I was led to believe one thing and it wound up being something else. When I signed up with CreditAssociates, I was in the understanding that the process was gonna be 24 to 30 months and I was going to pay a monthly installment. But then, I found out that it has to be one lump sum. I call all the time and they say, “Nothing’s new. You don’t have to call, but we’ll call you if something develops.” Not very encouraging.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2019

With my limited income and excessive debt, I decided to seek CreditAssociates' service. Whenever I’ve spoken with them, our interactions have been excellent. They've had a couple of offers of settlement, but it seems like things just continue to roll downhill as I have been embroiled in discussing with the IRS. I say they owe me, they say I owe them, but they have the power to take money from my Social Security check. So, that sure had set me back. They owe me $4,000, and yet, they're taking 2,000 or 3,000 out of my account. Because of the IRS, I had to defer one payment last month. But my obligation was supposed to have ended in December 20. If the IRS was not involved, it would be really good. The right hand doesn't know what the left hand's doing. But I had just settled one, and then I got two more in the mail the other day. CreditAssociates has made things a little easier. I would recommend them.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2019

I took a loss in income which was about $8,000 a month. Working with CreditAssociates has been great. They kept me informed. I'm 13 months into the program and it took a lot of stress off.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

CreditAssociates had more communication at first and it has tapered off because I was getting into the program, but it has been an easy and straightforward process. I'm over a year into it program and it helped me realize I need to watch my spending and debt. I'm keeping tabs on things a little better now.

CreditAssociates Company Information