Call toll free
4.56/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Whether you are facing insurmountable debt due to job loss, divorce, sickness, loss of income, or one of many other reasons, CreditAssociates is here to help. As the industry leaders, CreditAssociates works with clients to provide fast and affordable debt relief. Our proprietary electronic debt-settlement software coupled with our team of debt advisors provide the system you need to work towards your custom debt relief solution. We provide free consultations for a wide-range of debt needs including credit card, medical, personal loans and more. Additionally, utilize our mobile app to track your progress 24/7 and instantly your timeline to being debt-free.

Enroll today to join one of tens of thousands of people we have worked with to get out of debt in 24-36 months.

View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

CreditAssociates is an innovative debt relief company that works with consumers who have $10,000 or more in unsecured debt. Although you have to pay a portion of the settled debt, 24/7 customer service and the potential for financial freedom may be worth it.

PROS

• Apple and Android app
  • 24/7 customer service
  • Free initial consultation

CONS

• Services not available in all states

Top CreditAssociates Reviews

The reps that I got to work with were very professional and had all the answers to my questions. Getting started with CreditAssociates has given me a huge sense of relief. They should continue doing what they’re doing.

CreditAssociates has been wonderful. I had been thinking about the program for six months. I did my research with it and it seemed like it was fair. It was great, 100% all the way across the board. CreditAssociates was to the point and very professional.

What is CreditAssociates?

CreditAssociates is a leading company in the debt settlement industry, having settled over $1 billion in debt. They are AFCC certified, and C & B Credibility Corp verified. CreditAssociates specializes in settling credit card debt and medical expenses.

The CreditAssociates debt settlement process should take 24 to 36 months to complete. During this process, CreditAssociates negotiators will work with your creditors to reduce the amount of debt owed. Though it might seem like a long time at first, taking 2 to 3 years to become debt-free is a goal worth achieving.

How does CreditAssociates work?

CreditAssociates offers a free financial consultation where you can discuss what qualifications are necessary for you to become one of their clients. Once they come up with a savings plan for you, you can analyze and decide if you want to move forward with their debt settlement services. You must have over $10,000 in debt to qualify for CreditAssociates and be able to make regular settlement payments.

If you choose to enroll, CreditAssociates will immediately start negotiating with your creditors. Once you have enough funds in your account to pay a settlement, CreditAssociates will then coordinate your debt settlement payment.

CreditAssociates services

CreditAssociates offers financial consultations and debt settlement services. Having a large amount of debt should not be a deterrent to working with CreditAssociates — they have vast experience dealing with large amounts of debt. Their goal is to take you through a debt settlement program in 24 to 36 months, though this is not guaranteed since each debt settlement case is different. Most CreditAssociates clients can become debt-free after paying a fraction of their original debt thanks to CreditAssociates’s debt negotiators. CreditAssociates will not charge you a fee until your debt is settled.

CreditAssociates FAQ

How much does CreditAssociates cost?
Typically, CreditAssociates charges clients 15-25% of the settled debt amount. Exact costs and fees depend on the size of your debt and the extent of your settlement. You can undergo a free consultation to learn more about specific charges and fees for your particular case.
How does CreditAssociates affect your credit?
Your credit will likely suffer after undergoing debt settlement services with CreditAssociates; however, this is true of any debt settlement process. If you stop making payments to your creditors, your credit will suffer even while you work to recover from your financial difficulties. However, many people with large amounts of debt still opt for debt settlement since it can save them a lot of money. If you aren’t looking to buy a car or house in the near future, it's a good option.
Where are CreditAssociates services available?

Some applicants will not qualify for their services. Even if they can’t do business with you, CreditAssociates can refer you to an accredited service provider equipped to help you with debt relief services.

• Alabama
  • Tennessee
  • Texas
  • Virgina
  • Wisconsin
Do you qualify for CreditAssociates debt settlement?

To qualify:

• You have at least $10,000 in unsecured debt
  • You can make regular settlement payments
  • You can take 24-36 months to settle your debt
  • You can eventually pay 15-25% of your settled debt to CreditAssociates

Is CreditAssociates any good?

CreditAssociates has received excellent reviews on ConsumerAffairs.com, and their clients praise the professionalism and expertise of CreditAssociates representatives. Although CreditAssociates clearly state there is no estimated savings guarantee, they have saved clients over $1 billion in debt. Their website remains somewhat ambiguous in terms of costs and fees, though they do offer a free consultation where numbers can be discussed. We recommend CreditAssociates if you’ve decided debt settlement is necessary.

CreditAssociates Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Oct. 11, 2019

I just signed up with CreditAssociates. I knew I have to get out of my situation with my credit card. I’m disabled, and I was supposed to have died last year, and I didn't. And so, I’m gonna stick around for a lot longer than I ever planned to. So, I better take care of this before I do die. After I found out what CreditAssociates is doing, there's gotta be a better way to do what they're doing. What they do is they start collecting money from you to settle each card. Then, you do pay the credit card people, and then, they get desperate enough that they wanna settle, and these guys were there, saying, “Hey, look. We've got this amount of money. Will you take it?” And they’ll say, “Yeah.”

There’s gotta be a quicker, less harmful way between where we’re going and what we have to do to get the credit card companies to where they wanna do it. But other than that, it’s fine. The reps from CreditAssociates bend over backwards, they're very nice people, and they sent me information like they said they would, and now, I'm just waiting for their first drawdown, and they're going to draw their money out in about 10 days. I have recommended CreditAssociates to other people.

Get expert buying tips about Debt Settlement delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 8, 2019

I work 12 hours a week and I go to school full time. I have been in school for six years and soon, my school loans are gonna start coming in as well. So, together with my school loans, I’m not gonna be able to afford to pay my credit card. So, I sought out help. I called different companies and the associate from CreditAssociates that talked to me was more thorough. I was tired looking, but the lady that talked to me sounded like I was gonna have more support going through the whole process. She was very friendly and very patient. I had a lot of questions and she explained everything multiple times. She was also very thorough, so I felt a little bit more confident because of that. She explained everything and everything that she explained sounded like probably was the best choice.

Signing up was pretty easy. She went over the website with me and sent me a couple of emails and with each email, she went over every single step. She explained every step and I just had to click to sign on the website. It was pretty simple because she helped me through the whole thing. So, it was fast going through it on the computer. I’m in the beginning step and until now, everything has been great. They even have an app that I can reach out if I have any questions or I have any problems. So, I feel pretty confident. Hopefully, we can get this solved quickly. I would recommend them.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

I was so far in debt, I'm on Social Security Disability, and I didn’t have enough money to meet my credit cards. I was just paying the minimum and barely keeping up. Even at times, like in the last few months, I was getting 100 off a credit card just to pay on another credit card. I signed up with CreditAssociates and talked to Henry, their rep. However, when we got my application done, he asked me what my bills are for the month, what they come to, and by the end of the month, I didn’t have any money left. When he was done, he asked me for an email. I don’t have one so I had to go to my friend’s house which is 20 miles away. That’s when he called back, and we had to approve everything over the phone. That was my hardest part about it.

The interaction with the rep was good but nobody has called me since the 3rd when I did the agreement. He said they would call me today. He asked when the best time was. I told him 4 o'clock because I'm still up at the house where I have the email. I just started the payment yesterday and it has been good so far. The rep said they'd keep me updated on the credit cards and what the credit card companies would say. The first credit card was due on the 8th, and the other ones are due on the 15th. And he told me not to pay and then they'd do the debt consolidation. He also said the money comes out of my payment and then after the first year, I can cancel it. He mentioned certain benefits for health and though I told him I didn’t need those, he said I had to sign up with that too to get the debt consolidation. So I signed up for and had to agree to it. Nevertheless, he was professional.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

I had gotten hurt at the beginning of the year. My fourth and fifth vertebrae collapsed on me and I had some bones burst, and it was on my spine, and it was hitting my nerves, and it made my whole left side numb, so I was unable to be able to be at work. During that time, I got a truck payment I had to keep up on and bills, and I had to start using my credit cards to keep me going. And then when I got back to work, I tried to make up for that loss, and I was just getting farther and farther in debt with my credit cards. I've been trying to get along through the credit union and my bank, but nobody was willing to help me out. It so happened that I got the green paper about CreditAssociates through the mail. And then when I've seen that they were gonna cut my balance down to $9,000 and gave me a monthly price, I couldn’t beat it because it's gonna end up saving me close to 300 bucks.

The rep from CreditAssociates that I worked with, Jimmy, explained everything to me. He was polite. When I gave him all the information about my stuff, he checked everything and said I was good to go. He told me that everything’s been approved, and he already gave me an amount that they're gonna take out. When I was on the computer last night and looked at my credit card, I still have balances on them, so then I started getting nervous. I'd call to see if everything happened like he said it was supposed to happen. But other than that, I really appreciate the help that he gave me.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

I'm disabled and I only get $1,200 a month, but I had good credit. Then I got myself in a little over my head by getting all these credit cards and I was using the stuff to live on, which I shouldn’t have done. I got about $23,000 in debt and I wanted to try to get rid of it but I was just paying the minimum payments with everything and I wasn’t getting anywhere. But I didn’t wanna destroy my credit as I worked so hard to keep my credit score as high as it is. Before, it was at 725 and I was in really good shape. But it's in junk right now at 647 and it started to drag down as my limits got higher.

Then I saw this advertisement for CreditAssociates on Fox where a guy said "Don’t consolidate. Don’t file bankruptcy. Give us a call." So I did and the guy I talked to was very knowledgeable. It also seemed like he had his act together when he was talking to me. I used to be a salesman, so I was thankful that he didn’t try to pressure me because if he did, I’d run the other direction so fast and make his head spin. He was very kind and he waited for me to call him back. And when I finally made my decision that I wanted to do their program, he went through this whole thing on the computer with me. I liked the way that I've been handled by the gentleman that initially set this up for me. He was kind, courteous, and seemed like he wasn’t trying to put me into something that was gonna hurt me in any way. And from how I look at it, their program lowered my total debt by almost $8,000.

We put some kind of an account together and they’d draw about $391 out of my bank account every month, then they'd go and pay these accounts off as they can. This is the first month that CreditAssociates have made a withdrawal and I haven't heard anything back from them. They also sent me a file package and I got the book here. I've read it because now, I'm getting all these calls from all these creditors. I told them that I'm handling things and asked them not to call me anymore. But they said they were gonna send me letters and I'm saving all those documents as they wanted me to forward all of that to CreditAssociates.

So far, I'm amazed and I feel like a weight has been lifted off of me. But I don't know whether or not they have contacted these companies as of yet. After scanning the book a little bit, I realized that I didn't know that I needed to get on the computer, set up the account, and make sure they have all the account numbers. I was under the assumption that they had all that data because I looked at it when their rep put it on the computer with me. So I need to go through that, monitor things on a monthly basis, and see where we're going and how we're getting along. I'm assuming that the savings accounts had to be built up to a certain point where they pay off an individual debt then move on to another one.

Other than that, I feel very comfortable with the fact that I signed up with CreditAssociates and I don’t feel terrified or scared. I'm hoping and praying that I did the right thing but I had to get out from under that debt. It was killing me and I hope it doesn’t destroy my credit score too much. I also hope that I can climb back out of this and get back on top of the game. I feel like going with CreditAssociates is a win-win and as of now, I'm very satisfied.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CreditAssociates?

Original review: Oct. 29, 2019

Our first call with CreditAssociates was really good. They informed us well of what was to be expected out of us and what the program offers. They did a really good job of explaining all of that. But I am a little confused that we still have creditors calling us nonstop. That was one thing we were trying to get rid of and it’s becoming more of a problem lately. I looked online to see if we needed new documents sent in, but I have not seen any. They worked with us on a payment plan and it's helping us out a lot. Since I called, I lost my job and have been having some medical issues. We have less income coming in, which is a big stressor, but so far, we’re doing okay with the agreed-upon value of our payment.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2019

The main rep was great and very professional. I was very happy with the initial outreach. I know I’m just starting, so I’m getting calls from creditors and they don’t know information, but I understand it’s part of the process. I'm not where things are as far as getting things established, but so far so good. They estimated 48 months with the current payments, but I’m hoping to be done within 12 once I get going. I have a little more peace of mind as I don’t have to juggle 12 payments.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2019

CreditAssociates was very easy to talk to. Through them, I'm saving close to $800 a month on payment, and I'm getting my payments paid down. My creditors are still calling me, but they're making offers to set up payment plans, and I'm gonna let CreditAssociates take care of it. The program gives people financial freedom when they get in a bad situation. I never planned on being in the situation that I got into, but working with CreditAssociates relieved a lot of stress.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2019

My rep Chris was super supportive. I've been in their program for two months and it's been great. Everything is moving along as it should. Now I have peace of mind, hopefully to get out of debt.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2019

Jamie was very clear about how the whole process is. No sugarcoating anything, which was what I really appreciated. Everything is already automated, so there are no real issues with me having to go back and forth or checking on it. It pretty much handles its stuff on its own once it’s all set up, which is what I like. Definitely a good experience.

CreditAssociates Company Information