2. Finance
  3. Debt Settlement

4.3/5 (503 ratings)

About CreditAssociates

Whether you are facing insurmountable debt due to job loss, divorce, sickness, loss of income, or one of many other reasons, CreditAssociates is here to help. As the industry leaders, CreditAssociates works with clients to provide fast and affordable debt relief. Our proprietary electronic debt-settlement software coupled with our team of debt advisors provide the system you need to work towards your custom debt relief solution. We provide free consultations for a wide-range of debt needs including credit card, medical, personal loans and more. Additionally, utilize our mobile app to track your progress 24/7 and instantly your timeline to being debt-free.

Pros

• Apple and Android app
  • 24/7 customer service
  • Free initial consultation

Cons

• Services not available in all states

Bottom Line

CreditAssociates is an innovative debt relief company that works with consumers who have $10,000 or more in unsecured debt. Although you have to pay a portion of the settled debt, 24/7 customer service and the potential for financial freedom may be worth it.

CreditAssociates Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CreditAssociates?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about CreditAssociates?

Original review: Sept. 17, 2021

I was quoted one price for the arrangement but as I went along, it was not what it was. The rep at CreditAssociates even asked me to increase my amount, whereas I'd agreed to one price, and so much to adjust my credit. I didn’t like that. Then later on, I filed a concern and every time I called to speak to the lady that I originally spoke to, they could never put me on to her. I wanted to let them know that I was displeased about the agreement. I got one guy and he adjusted but I wasn’t satisfied with it.

Right now, I'm paying two payments at a higher amount and they claim they got a settlement with a third person, which is why they want me to pay more. So I’m looking at it that if they get another settlement, which I thought they would have gotten us all the settlements from everybody, they’re gonna call me and tell me that I need to pay more money. That was not what I agreed upon with the original person that I spoke to. If that was the case, I would not agree with that deal. I’d shop around and see who could give me a better deal.

I was a little disappointed, especially when I said I needed a report from CreditAssociates on how much I paid already from the time I started last year. They never sent the report. And now, instead of 190, I’m paying 282 and according to the girl who called to ask me if I could pay $90 more, it was going to be a one-time payment. But that was the second time I noticed they took out 282. I called several times to speak to the girl because she left a voicemail and I was never able to speak to her. She left a detailed voicemail concerning about that but every time I called, she was never around. Whoever I spoke to said that they would get her to call me back.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2021

CreditAssociates is paying my credit cards off and it took quite a while before I started seeing debts get settled. They wait a long time and I keep getting phone calls. They could communicate with the companies and tell them they're taking care of the debts. But other than that, the experience has been good.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2021

On my initial contact with CreditAssociates, I don't think they fully informed that my credit rating would go in the dumpster. Then I keep getting calls and letters from different companies. I didn't realize that they dealt with each debt one at a time and not all at once. So, all these other companies are wondering what's going on that I'm not paying anything and nobody's in touch with them. I wasn't too happy about that. They could have explained, "It's gonna go way down. And these companies are gonna keep calling you because we only deal with each company one at a time until it's paid off, and then the next one. We move on to the next one, instead of dealing with them all at once."

Original review: Sept. 16, 2021

I am paying CreditAssociates a monthly payment to take care of my creditors. They're paying down my loans that I couldn't pay down myself. They're a good company.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2021

I called CreditAssociates and talked to the person on the phone. They were very nice and they explained everything to me really good. They didn’t charge me a fee upfront. They got my debt and added it up. Anytime I need to talk to them, somebody’s always there. I like them. I haven’t had people calling me. I haven’t had anybody really hassling me. I've been with CreditAssociates for a while, and if I need to call them about something, they’re available to call. They answer my questions. I've always been able to call them if I don’t understand something, or when they call me, they help me out. My experience with CreditAssociates is good.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2021

I had a great experience with the reps at CreditAssociates and the payment plan worked well. It was simple and easy. I would recommend it to anybody. I’ve been in the program for about nine months and everything seems to be on track. I’m checking everything on their end and they’re keeping me updated on everything. They got a few more to negotiate with and then, we’re good to go.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2021

I’m pleased with CreditAssociates. Working with them is going well. It makes me feel more comfortable with dealing with paying my debts. I would highly recommend the company.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2021

I was verifying my credit report through TransUnion and I was looking for consolidation of debt. In the midst of that communication, I came across CreditAssociates and their representative called me when I inquired and explained the details of the program. I had concerns personally because I was worried if it was fraudulent. There are a lot of scams in that business and I was apprehensive in my first phone call to move ahead. But both representatives I spoke to were very professional and very patient. They answered all my questions, acknowledged my concerns and made it comfortable to close it if I wanted to. The customer service was excellent and everybody was very polite.

CreditAssociates settled the first two debts that I sent within four weeks. I called them because one of my concerns was the length of time. I wanted to do it quicker because I would like to clear my creditors a little bit faster. Our credit declined during COVID and I wanted to get back on track because we're looking to buy a property. It was a slow process but the rep explained to me that if I put more towards it, then it can be moved faster because they apply the balance towards the debt that is outstanding.

This service is not necessarily something somebody should jump into. It’s great if somebody has a particular credit card they’re overwhelmed with and can get the interest rate lower to maybe pay it off quicker. In my case, I fell behind four. It's a better option in that sense but not necessarily because somebody fell behind a couple payments. Initially, I almost was going to do it on my own. But what kept me in the program was that the interest can be lowered, which is something that I cannot do or don't have the capability to get it involved in that type of bargain with the credit card companies.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2021

This is the second time I have used CreditAssociates and the program they have me under is good. It's the best thing anyone would do if they want to do it.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2021

CreditAssociates has been very good and they call me regularly when a creditor wants to settle. They run it by me first.

CreditAssociates Company Information