4.2/5 (62 ratings)

Take a Financial Relief Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

About CreditAssociates

Whether you are facing insurmountable debt due to job loss, divorce, sickness, loss of income, or one of many other reasons, CreditAssociates is here to help. As the industry leaders, CreditAssociates works with clients to provide fast and affordable debt relief. Our proprietary electronic debt-settlement software coupled with our team of debt advisors provide the system you need to work towards your custom debt relief solution. We provide free consultations for a wide-range of debt needs including credit card, medical, personal loans and more. Additionally, utilize our mobile app to track your progress 24/7 and instantly your timeline to being debt-free.

Find Debt Settlement partners near you

Pros

• Apple and Android app
    • 24/7 customer service
    • Free initial consultation

Cons

• Services not available in all states

Bottom Line

CreditAssociates is an innovative debt relief company that works with consumers who have $10,000 or more in unsecured debt. Although you have to pay a portion of the settled debt, 24/7 customer service and the potential for financial freedom may be worth it.

Take a Financial Relief Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

CreditAssociates Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CreditAssociates?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about CreditAssociates?

Original review: Sept. 7, 2021

The reps at CreditAssociates were okay but the program screwed up my credit very badly. I wish I didn't do it. But they're a good company and they did a good job for what they do. It works for some people.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2021

I’m trying to pay off what I owe through CreditAssociates about $400 a month and I'm happy with what's going on. I haven’t been bothered by other creditors right now.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2021

The program has been a little bit slow but it's okay. I submitted 8 to 10 credit cards and they've already settled with 3. Also, they're flexible. They deduct the money every two weeks and right now, I'm not working and things are hard. I postpone my date and they work with me.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2021

CreditAssociates had this electronic sign thing and I asked for a copy of it, and it took me about four months to get one. It has the price of stuff and now, they’re changing the prices on it. The reps would call me every now and then. But they’re supposed to call me to okay everything before they do it and they don't. Also, I'd like to have paperwork showing what's being done. CreditAssociates is not worth what I’m paying for it. I could do it myself.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2021

I liked whom I spoke with and I trusted him. The process was very easy and the reps were very knowledgeable. And the information I gave them, they processed it quickly. And they had some great results.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2021

CreditAssociates do a great job. They are nice, helpful and quick on helping in trying to get the credit solved. Their communication is good too. People should do it. It is bad on your credit for a little bit but it’s better than doing bankruptcy. If I hadn’t lost so many hours in my job, I would have a lot of stuff paid. But Credit Associates helped me out and I had gotten a lot of stuff paid down.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2021

I set CreditAssociates' program all up for my daughter and so far it's going well. Nina was the rep who helped me set it all up. I was on the phone for a while last week. We got something that an offer was rejected and I called to find what it was about but I never got an answer. Other than that, the only thing that she's concerned about is we knew from the beginning that her credit score was gonna go down before it would go back up. I contacted our financial advisor and we helped her as much as we could. He said, "You need to stop the hemorrhaging of the interest." And sure, I know she's paying CreditAssociates a fee but at least she's not paying on the bills every month. And they're hardly not moving.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2021

We love CreditAssociates. Andrea, the one who did our Symphony account, was very helpful, and Bridgette who did our intake was nice.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2021

I had a really good experience with the rep. They have a great program and it has helped me out. I have one bill combining everything and things are less stressful for me.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2021

I would recommend CreditAssociates. The progress I’ve been making with them is good as well as their communication. I use their online option so I can see everything that’s going on.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2021

The process has been good. My consolidation with CreditAssociates has been successful.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2021

Customer service reps answered my questions to my satisfaction in the beginning but it was kind of a sticker shock because things weren't as what was told to me. Credit Associates didn't tell me how much they were going to take. they took a fee for each account and I don't know if I would have entered into the contract had I known that prior to it. They should be upfront and let people make an informed choice. It was a little deceptive to me from the start that they were gonna do this and that and then all of a sudden I get this bill that's more than I thought. Other than that, they're in the process of settling my debts. I am pleased with that aspect of the service.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2021

I did a research on two different options where I can consolidate or I can do something else. I have lawyers and they reviewed both options and gave me the pros and cons. I made my final decision to pick CreditAssociates because of the way that they work. It was more beneficial for me in terms of the credit restraint payments. I know I’m gonna be certain times hurt by my debt and my process, but eventually, I'm gonna recover my credit. The majority of the representatives are hands-on on customer service when I call and most of them are clear on the next step. There are others that I call and they don’t have any clue. I spend an hour with them and I am in the same place.

However, they don't have a direct line to contact the account manager or the associate assigned to an account. For example, I have three or four credits with Citi. If Citi is managed by a team, my account is assigned to one person, and to contact that person, I had to call and leave message to several people. Even if they leave a number, they don’t reply to me, or, they left a message, and when I'd call back three or four times, I don't get the person. I am right now in the same position where someone’s calling me, and I have the name of the person, and I haven’t been able to get that person. The other thing is that they accept a deal, and they told me after the fact, then I have to either deny the deal after that. That's not how that should be working.

On the contrary, with other accounts, one lady sat down with me for three hours. We called around three or four accounts and she was able to be with me in the conversation. She was really good. That's the way that should be done. Now, I don't know if someone is taking advantage and doing whatever they want against the policy of the company, or, in reality, they have the liberty to choose whichever way based on the type of account because I know accounts have their ways to manage, and I'm blind because I don't know their policy so I have to accept whatever they said.

I've been with the program for 8 months and the plan is 4 years. But I’m pushing them. They are lazy because they think I don’t have funds as I just put in a monthly fee and I cannot negotiate. They are not monitoring as they should be. Nobody's checking on me to ask if I could pay a little more this month. If I have funds in my account that I’m putting, and they haven’t gotten any settlements, I have 15 accounts, they should pick one and call them to see so I would negotiate. There was one person that called me all the time and she settled three accounts for me. She routed all the accounts that were not touched at all and she put them on the right path. She was amazing. I asked if she's a supervisor and she said no but she's been there for a long time and she knows how to manage those. I hope everybody is like her.

I highlight the people that helped and did their work. They got so much respect. This is not free. CreditAssociates is putting an admin fee which is super high, and they are not making a sale, they are administering my debts. They have a few things in advantage because they are doing this massively, and they should train their people to manage their accounts, and have the customers’ satisfaction for what they are paying.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2021

I like the way that CreditAssociates negotiates on things as far as different accounts. They hold the money into an account. I could see it, I have access to it and I can add to it if I want to. Any time that there's a negotiation happening, I get a contact, a phone call or an email letting me know that there's something happening. So far, they've handled the accounts that I gave to them, and they're negotiating the prices down. Most times, they're negotiating it down for a third to half of what the balance was. Sometimes it’s much more. All the way around, they got good ratings. They were a legit company. I didn't find much negativity about them online.

Their reps answered any questions that I had. I didn't have much, and I knew what I wanted to do going into it. But they were able to explain the process to me. They take the money out like they're supposed to. I haven't had any issues with them taking money out that they're not supposed to. They'll make suggestions to me like, “If you put this amount of money in the account, we can go ahead and pay this one off. Because we got an offer, but there's not quite enough money in the account.” I’d tell them, “I'm not interested in doing that. Just wait until the account builds up, and then settle with the company." They’re settling now, and I'm sure that they'll settle six months from now.” They seem to be very knowledgeable. They give me the opportunity to make moves if I want to get rid of accounts earlier. I like that I've turned the accounts over to them, and I'm not getting phone calls from the creditors. I've been very happy with the performance overall.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2021

My husband is not thrilled that it's taking so long. He wishes it was faster but the problem is we can only contribute what we can contribute. Also, I wish our welcome coordinator told us how long it would take for us to get our credit back up. He kind of made it seem like it was gonna be fast but unfortunately, that's not the case. A little bit more transparency would have been fabulous. Now we're having an issue with getting a new loan for our cars because of our credit.

Other than those, they've been very professional. There were times when they called and I couldn't answer so they left a message, which was fine. I dealt with one rep that was a little rude. She said if we can't contribute any more, they're gonna have to decline the request. But it is what it is. I know she's just doing her job. I appreciate what CreditAssociates is doing for us and I would recommend them.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2021

The reps explained everything completely and answered any questions that I had and everything went over very smoothly. CreditAssociates sent me an email to let me know when my first debt was taken care of and then, I was overlapping into one of the other bills so they got in touch with me by phone to see if I could add a little bit extra a month so that they could start working on the next bill. I appreciate that rather than just sitting there paying and not doing anything.

CreditAssociates is doing their part to take your money that you bank and give it to your debtors and to resolve the issue of the bill. Once the representative that you talk with breaks it down and explains it and how the program works, it's self-explanatory. I have numerous creditors, so it might take me a little bit longer but I would consider if I do get extra money to try to feed it on to CreditAssociates so I can get my debt taken care of as soon as possible. If you want to get rid of some of your reoccurring debts, CreditAssociates would be very helpful to any individual. I recommend it.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2021

They seemed to handle my debt pretty good. It was only a matter of six weeks before the first debt got settled. If I want any information, all I have to do is log on to the webpage. But they could contact me once in a while to let me know how things are going. Other than that, I'm very satisfied with the way things are being handled.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2021

I enjoyed working with them. I'm still working through the program but my credit is better now.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2021

When CreditAssociates took my accounts, they added them up but there was a $7,000 difference between what I owe and what I would have to pay out. So my base number was 13,000 and some change. I'm under the impression that I'm going to pay them this 13,000 and some change over a period of time. But they didn’t make it clear that as time went on, my payments could go up based on the accounts that were closed and the agreement we make with them. The representative that initially does the paperwork should be more clearer on how this process works.

When they closed a couple of accounts one time, my payment went up to $52, and then the next time, it went up to $100. I've had conversations with them where I asked them if we could start the new payment amount next month? But they said, “No, we need that payment right now.” Fortunately, I had money in my account to be able to do that. But everybody's not going to be that fortunate to have money to where when CreditAssociates call them, they can instantly give the money. Also, I don't get a call from my debt consultant at all. I only initially received an email that said, “We’re close to closing now on one of your accounts.” But if I got a debt consultant, it’s somebody that should be in touch with me periodically.

CreditAssociates interact with me about raising my payments and settling accounts. They tell me what’s going on. If I don't hear from them about any other accounts, then I’d know that it's not that it’s not happening, it's just that they’re working on it. But every time they settle an account, it's like they want more money. But I'm on a fixed income right now.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2021

Working with CreditAssociates has been good so far. I don't have any problem getting in contact with anybody. I’d tell others to check it out.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2021

The reps take the time to explain how things work and they send me text messages every time they negotiate with a new account. They tell me which account they're paying so I see my money. I love it and I'm really happy. It's worth it. My husband and I are not worried anymore. We know our debt is in good hands and they are talking on our behalf. We can live life and not be worried about paying stuff.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2021

Working with CreditAssociates has been good so far. I'm waiting on some correspondence from them for my Capital One. It was supposed to be done already and I'm still getting letters. Also, right now, my credit is in terrible shape and hopefully, soon it will be better.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2021

At first, I was disappointed with CreditAssociates. It really messed up my credit. They told me that it would but I did not know it was going to give me such a big hit. But now, I'm feeling better. One of the accounts has already been paid off. Also, everybody that I've spoken with has been quite friendly and helpful.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2021

CreditAssociates appears to be paying the debt. But it doesn't help your credit score. The accounts that they pay still stay on collections on your credit. They don't come off. They should have done a better job of explaining that that’s something they really just don't deal with. If people are interested in fixing their credit report and getting the debt to deal with the credit report, I wouldn't recommend CreditAssociates.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2021

We're grateful that CreditAssociates took my account. They've helped me and the rep I worked with was okay.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2021

CreditAssociates has been consistent and my bills are going down. I appreciate what they have done thus far. Still getting calls, though, but it's not as much as before.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2021

Their customer service was excellent. I'm very satisfied but people should be told that you can continue trying to settle on your own. Sometimes, on your own, you get better deals than you do with the agencies because you ask for a little more. I think the company should have been a little more upfront about that.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2021

It was very easy to get signed up and get started with CreditAssociates. The rep walked me through everything. Every time I've had a problem, they've been right there. They've also been very upfront with us the whole time. I am very grateful to them that they're doing all the negotiating and I'm getting all this cleared up. It was awesome.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2021

I had a rep and if he was not available, someone else could step in and answer my questions. However, they don't contact me. If I need to know something, I call them. It would be nice if they could reach out to us on a regular basis and let us know where things were standing.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2021

Signing up was easy. They just told me how long it would take and how much I would have to pay monthly. The only thing I didn't realize is that they don't keep in touch with the creditors. I have accounts with credit cards and they're still contacting me instead of dealing with CreditAssociates. I wish that when they have a list of the credit card companies, they would let them know that they had taken over, 'cause it's a waste of time. I'm constantly still getting letters and emails from Capital One. "Call us. We'll work with you." I can't because CreditAssociates has the accounts now and they wait until they have money to make negotiations with people. Other than that, everybody who works for CreditAssociates is always very professional and nice when they go off. If they have an account that they're negotiating to pay off, they call and ask me if I'm okay with it. As soon as there's enough money available, they always let me know that they'll be dealing with it.

CreditAssociates Company Information