4.3/5 (63 ratings)

Take a Financial Relief Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

About CreditAssociates

Whether you are facing insurmountable debt due to job loss, divorce, sickness, loss of income, or one of many other reasons, CreditAssociates is here to help. As the industry leaders, CreditAssociates works with clients to provide fast and affordable debt relief. Our proprietary electronic debt-settlement software coupled with our team of debt advisors provide the system you need to work towards your custom debt relief solution. We provide free consultations for a wide-range of debt needs including credit card, medical, personal loans and more. Additionally, utilize our mobile app to track your progress 24/7 and instantly your timeline to being debt-free.

Find Debt Settlement partners near you

Pros

• Apple and Android app
    • 24/7 customer service
    • Free initial consultation

Cons

• Services not available in all states

Bottom Line

CreditAssociates is an innovative debt relief company that works with consumers who have $10,000 or more in unsecured debt. Although you have to pay a portion of the settled debt, 24/7 customer service and the potential for financial freedom may be worth it.

Take a Financial Relief Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

CreditAssociates Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CreditAssociates?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about CreditAssociates?

Original review: Sept. 25, 2021

So far, my experience has been good. I have two debts remaining and it's a relief that I'm getting things paid off.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2021

Everything was perfectly fine at initial contact. But they should keep in contact with their clients and let them know what's going on rather than the clients having to call. It just seems like things are taking long. They said it's gonna take two or three years and I'm like, "Why so long?" They told me they settled three debts but I'm really not seeing too much. Take your time and look for the best program which fits your price range and your budget.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2021

What I needed to know was unpacked and I was happy about that. The process has taken around six months and it's barely starting. I have three accounts already settled. If I want to, I could give even more so the process can go faster.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2021

When CreditAssociates said they could take all your bills, I thought they would be paying on all of my bills, not just collecting money for one and then paying off one and then collecting for another bill. Also, they get a percentage of the money and I don't know how much percentage they get. I need to know how much is going to them and how much is going to my credit. 'Cause right now, I'm a delinquent and my credit score is completely messed up. And I thought I had them to help.

I also don't get any reassurance from them. Other than that, they're doing pretty good. I got an email about another debt ready to get paid off. They told me that they made a settlement but they don't say how much they made a settlement for. If they're not gonna do what they said they're gonna do, then I might as well stop my money from going to CreditAssociates and try to go with the Federal Credit Union and make a deal with them.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2021

eBay is saying that my last payment wasn't settled on the date it was supposed to be. I called CreditAssociates and the rep set it was settled and told me to ask eBay. I contacted eBay again and they said that the payment was late. I told CreditAssociates to please check and asked her to update me on what happened. I called back and forth that day. I never heard back from CreditAssociates but eBay hasn't emailed back again.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2021

It could be a little cheaper, but I like CreditAssociates. Everybody is very nice to work with and they really keep up with you. Since working with them, I've been stress-free because I know it’s one person dealing with everything for me.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2021

They have been kind and encouraging. I feel pretty comfortable working with them.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2021

There was not a lot of communication. When I asked some questions, not a lot of answers. So, I've been having to do a lot of Google searching and answering many questions on my own. I didn't know anything until the money was drawn out. Nothing was communicated with me. I called CreditAssociates and they stated that they possibly had an offer, then the funds were there, but they never took care of it. So, I had to wait for an additional month and they still haven't taken care of it. So, I personally talked to the credit card company and said that they needed to reach out to this company with the offer. They did. I've talked to the credit card associates and got my answers versus waiting around and getting answers from CreditAssociates. So, not the support that they say they do, not the communication, not the response of what I expected, but I'm stuck with it so I just have to wait it out.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2021

CreditAssociates has been nice to deal with. I've talked to several reps there and they were all very helpful. One guy I talked to was Troy and he answered my questions. CreditAssociates has been getting me out of debt and we've been going at this since December. I'm satisfied.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2021

The rep who helped me set everything up was cool and CreditAssociates has helped me close one of my accounts already.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2021

I was quoted one price for the arrangement but as I went along, it was not what it was. The rep at CreditAssociates even asked me to increase my amount, whereas I'd agreed to one price, and so much to adjust my credit. I didn’t like that. Then later on, I filed a concern and every time I called to speak to the lady that I originally spoke to, they could never put me on to her. I wanted to let them know that I was displeased about the agreement. I got one guy and he adjusted but I wasn’t satisfied with it.

Right now, I'm paying two payments at a higher amount and they claim they got a settlement with a third person, which is why they want me to pay more. So I’m looking at it that if they get another settlement, which I thought they would have gotten us all the settlements from everybody, they’re gonna call me and tell me that I need to pay more money. That was not what I agreed upon with the original person that I spoke to. If that was the case, I would not agree with that deal. I’d shop around and see who could give me a better deal.

I was a little disappointed, especially when I said I needed a report from CreditAssociates on how much I paid already from the time I started last year. They never sent the report. And now, instead of 190, I’m paying 282 and according to the girl who called to ask me if I could pay $90 more, it was going to be a one-time payment. But that was the second time I noticed they took out 282. I called several times to speak to the girl because she left a voicemail and I was never able to speak to her. She left a detailed voicemail concerning about that but every time I called, she was never around. Whoever I spoke to said that they would get her to call me back.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2021

CreditAssociates is paying my credit cards off and it took quite a while before I started seeing debts get settled. They wait a long time and I keep getting phone calls. They could communicate with the companies and tell them they're taking care of the debts. But other than that, the experience has been good.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2021

On my initial contact with CreditAssociates, I don't think they fully informed that my credit rating would go in the dumpster. Then I keep getting calls and letters from different companies. I didn't realize that they dealt with each debt one at a time and not all at once. So, all these other companies are wondering what's going on that I'm not paying anything and nobody's in touch with them. I wasn't too happy about that. They could have explained, "It's gonna go way down. And these companies are gonna keep calling you because we only deal with each company one at a time until it's paid off, and then the next one. We move on to the next one, instead of dealing with them all at once."

Original review: Sept. 16, 2021

I am paying CreditAssociates a monthly payment to take care of my creditors. They're paying down my loans that I couldn't pay down myself. They're a good company.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2021

I called CreditAssociates and talked to the person on the phone. They were very nice and they explained everything to me really good. They didn’t charge me a fee upfront. They got my debt and added it up. Anytime I need to talk to them, somebody’s always there. I like them. I haven’t had people calling me. I haven’t had anybody really hassling me. I've been with CreditAssociates for a while, and if I need to call them about something, they’re available to call. They answer my questions. I've always been able to call them if I don’t understand something, or when they call me, they help me out. My experience with CreditAssociates is good.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2021

I had a great experience with the reps at CreditAssociates and the payment plan worked well. It was simple and easy. I would recommend it to anybody. I’ve been in the program for about nine months and everything seems to be on track. I’m checking everything on their end and they’re keeping me updated on everything. They got a few more to negotiate with and then, we’re good to go.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2021

I’m pleased with CreditAssociates. Working with them is going well. It makes me feel more comfortable with dealing with paying my debts. I would highly recommend the company.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2021

I was verifying my credit report through TransUnion and I was looking for consolidation of debt. In the midst of that communication, I came across CreditAssociates and their representative called me when I inquired and explained the details of the program. I had concerns personally because I was worried if it was fraudulent. There are a lot of scams in that business and I was apprehensive in my first phone call to move ahead. But both representatives I spoke to were very professional and very patient. They answered all my questions, acknowledged my concerns and made it comfortable to close it if I wanted to. The customer service was excellent and everybody was very polite.

CreditAssociates settled the first two debts that I sent within four weeks. I called them because one of my concerns was the length of time. I wanted to do it quicker because I would like to clear my creditors a little bit faster. Our credit declined during COVID and I wanted to get back on track because we're looking to buy a property. It was a slow process but the rep explained to me that if I put more towards it, then it can be moved faster because they apply the balance towards the debt that is outstanding.

This service is not necessarily something somebody should jump into. It’s great if somebody has a particular credit card they’re overwhelmed with and can get the interest rate lower to maybe pay it off quicker. In my case, I fell behind four. It's a better option in that sense but not necessarily because somebody fell behind a couple payments. Initially, I almost was going to do it on my own. But what kept me in the program was that the interest can be lowered, which is something that I cannot do or don't have the capability to get it involved in that type of bargain with the credit card companies.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2021

This is the second time I have used CreditAssociates and the program they have me under is good. It's the best thing anyone would do if they want to do it.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2021

CreditAssociates has been very good and they call me regularly when a creditor wants to settle. They run it by me first.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2021

I got CreditAssociates for TV and I thought they average up the bills, figured up what they can save me, and charge me the lump sum. Then I'd pay them back and they would take care of the bills. I found out that's not how it worked and I didn't know if I wanted to go that route. Also, I wanted to try to get a price on how it works but the people that I talked to about seeing what I need to do and what it does, didn't want to hear that. I was rushed into it. And every time I try to tell other people this stuff, nobody wants to listen to it.

Then, I upped and they explained to me but I don't understand because I get two or three different things from people. Now, I'm told that the big bill that they tag for $1,200 won't be paid off until May. Also, a rep told me that they were taking $10 a week out to give to these people. It didn't sound right. I was trying to figure out how the hell I only had $500 in it - when I figured it up, that should be right around 900 bucks in it. The lady I talked to told me that they took their part out for them resolving the problem and they took out an additional amount that dropped it down to about $500 or $600. The price came up right but I asked her why the hell was she taking the money out like that. It pissed me off a little bit. There have been a couple of times we thought about canceling CreditAssociates but we're not going to do it. I'm not anywhere near disappointed with them as long as they take care of the bills.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2021

I had too many credit cards and I was going about it the wrong way. Somebody from CreditAssociates identified what the problem was and they said they could help me and reduce my debt. They explained their organization as well as their process clearly and it sounded like a good thing. Right now, I pay $510 a month to CreditAssociates so they could work on settlement agreements with the various credit card companies that I'm indebted to. Plus, I didn't go in leading with my chin. I researched CreditAssociates and they're definitely a legitimate organization. They've been forthright in what they're doing and I have nothing but praise for them.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2021

CreditAssociates' communication skills need to be a little bit better. When people say they're gonna look into something, do something, or take care of it, I don't hear back from them. I got to keep calling in reference to the situation. It was something that came over one of my accounts and the account people reached out to me personally. I forwarded the information over to the credit consolidation people without contacting the account people and they claimed that they never got it. They wanted me to forward it over again so I did but they never got it. It was a bunch of confusion so I just left it alone and solved the problem myself.

Also, it’s kind of confusing. It’s never the same person that answers the phone and that contacts me and lets me know of any updates on the account that I received. And I've made my payments every month and I don't think I received a receipt email. I just receive an email stating that I can log onto something to check the status of my account, which is a problem because I can't seem to log onto it. They say that they will only have one account left that they'll be working towards. They still have not even gotten a settlement agreement with that account and it's going into 10 months now. I just wanna get this stuff over with. But other than those, it’s a good program for anybody that needs help with getting things done that they can’t do themselves because they helped me. They got my total amount reduced down, which is a great thing.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2021

The reps from CreditAssociates are great and everything's been working fine. It's not having to worry about different payments. Having one payment is helping out.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2021

The cost consolidation has been very helpful to me being able to pay my bills and buy groceries and all. That’s what I'm proud of. Also, the rep that I work with is very good. I would recommend trying CreditAssociates if someone is having financial difficulties because it takes a big burden off when one used to have some high bills and they're just making the minimum amount every month.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2021

CreditAssociates only wants me to look at my account on the computer. As a senior citizen, that's not working for me. I can't get a printout of what they are doing and I'm not sure how great they're doing. Even on the phone, they always send me to somebody else, and most often, who they’re sending me to is busy. They should communicate better and be sensitive to senior citizens. It’s a lot of confusion to me. When I was starting up, I thought it was gonna be easy for me to find out what I've paid, or they would send me some kind of summary. I'm still getting threatening letters from my creditors and the amount I owe is steadily increasing. It’s been an upsetting experience and I won't recommend them to anybody. I’m not satisfied right now.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2021

Working with CreditAssociates has taken a load off my mind. They negotiate with the creditors and everything's good.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2021

The debt consultants were very helpful and they answered a lot of my questions. It took around 90 days to start seeing my debts get settled.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2021

I've been in the program for over a year and I don’t think all my creditors are paid off yet. I'm dissatisfied because my creditors are still calling me.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2021

CreditAssociates is helping me get out of debt. So far, so good. I get emails and I haven't dealt with anyone. Just not have my creditors call me. But they told me that I could just ignore those calls, and I have.

CreditAssociates Company Information