2. Finance
  3. Debt Settlement

4.3/5 (496 ratings)

About CreditAssociates

Whether you are facing insurmountable debt due to job loss, divorce, sickness, loss of income, or one of many other reasons, CreditAssociates is here to help. As the industry leaders, CreditAssociates works with clients to provide fast and affordable debt relief. Our proprietary electronic debt-settlement software coupled with our team of debt advisors provide the system you need to work towards your custom debt relief solution. We provide free consultations for a wide-range of debt needs including credit card, medical, personal loans and more. Additionally, utilize our mobile app to track your progress 24/7 and instantly your timeline to being debt-free.

Pros

• Apple and Android app
  • 24/7 customer service
  • Free initial consultation

Cons

• Services not available in all states

Bottom Line

CreditAssociates is an innovative debt relief company that works with consumers who have $10,000 or more in unsecured debt. Although you have to pay a portion of the settled debt, 24/7 customer service and the potential for financial freedom may be worth it.

CreditAssociates Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CreditAssociates?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about CreditAssociates?

Original review: Sept. 15, 2021

I had a great experience with the reps at CreditAssociates and the payment plan worked well. It was simple and easy. I would recommend it to anybody. I’ve been in the program for about nine months and everything seems to be on track. I’m checking everything on their end and they’re keeping me updated on everything. They got a few more to negotiate with and then, we’re good to go.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2021

I’m pleased with CreditAssociates. Working with them is going well. It makes me feel more comfortable with dealing with paying my debts. I would highly recommend the company.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2021

I was verifying my credit report through TransUnion and I was looking for consolidation of debt. In the midst of that communication, I came across CreditAssociates and their representative called me when I inquired and explained the details of the program. I had concerns personally because I was worried if it was fraudulent. There are a lot of scams in that business and I was apprehensive in my first phone call to move ahead. But both representatives I spoke to were very professional and very patient. They answered all my questions, acknowledged my concerns and made it comfortable to close it if I wanted to. The customer service was excellent and everybody was very polite.

CreditAssociates settled the first two debts that I sent within four weeks. I called them because one of my concerns was the length of time. I wanted to do it quicker because I would like to clear my creditors a little bit faster. Our credit declined during COVID and I wanted to get back on track because we're looking to buy a property. It was a slow process but the rep explained to me that if I put more towards it, then it can be moved faster because they apply the balance towards the debt that is outstanding.

This service is not necessarily something somebody should jump into. It’s great if somebody has a particular credit card they’re overwhelmed with and can get the interest rate lower to maybe pay it off quicker. In my case, I fell behind four. It's a better option in that sense but not necessarily because somebody fell behind a couple payments. Initially, I almost was going to do it on my own. But what kept me in the program was that the interest can be lowered, which is something that I cannot do or don't have the capability to get it involved in that type of bargain with the credit card companies.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2021

This is the second time I have used CreditAssociates and the program they have me under is good. It's the best thing anyone would do if they want to do it.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2021

CreditAssociates has been very good and they call me regularly when a creditor wants to settle. They run it by me first.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2021

I got CreditAssociates for TV and I thought they average up the bills, figured up what they can save me, and charge me the lump sum. Then I'd pay them back and they would take care of the bills. I found out that's not how it worked and I didn't know if I wanted to go that route. Also, I wanted to try to get a price on how it works but the people that I talked to about seeing what I need to do and what it does, didn't want to hear that. I was rushed into it. And every time I try to tell other people this stuff, nobody wants to listen to it.

Then, I upped and they explained to me but I don't understand because I get two or three different things from people. Now, I'm told that the big bill that they tag for $1,200 won't be paid off until May. Also, a rep told me that they were taking $10 a week out to give to these people. It didn't sound right. I was trying to figure out how the hell I only had $500 in it - when I figured it up, that should be right around 900 bucks in it. The lady I talked to told me that they took their part out for them resolving the problem and they took out an additional amount that dropped it down to about $500 or $600. The price came up right but I asked her why the hell was she taking the money out like that. It pissed me off a little bit. There have been a couple of times we thought about canceling CreditAssociates but we're not going to do it. I'm not anywhere near disappointed with them as long as they take care of the bills.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2021

I had too many credit cards and I was going about it the wrong way. Somebody from CreditAssociates identified what the problem was and they said they could help me and reduce my debt. They explained their organization as well as their process clearly and it sounded like a good thing. Right now, I pay $510 a month to CreditAssociates so they could work on settlement agreements with the various credit card companies that I'm indebted to. Plus, I didn't go in leading with my chin. I researched CreditAssociates and they're definitely a legitimate organization. They've been forthright in what they're doing and I have nothing but praise for them.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2021

CreditAssociates' communication skills need to be a little bit better. When people say they're gonna look into something, do something, or take care of it, I don't hear back from them. I got to keep calling in reference to the situation. It was something that came over one of my accounts and the account people reached out to me personally. I forwarded the information over to the credit consolidation people without contacting the account people and they claimed that they never got it. They wanted me to forward it over again so I did but they never got it. It was a bunch of confusion so I just left it alone and solved the problem myself.

Also, it’s kind of confusing. It’s never the same person that answers the phone and that contacts me and lets me know of any updates on the account that I received. And I've made my payments every month and I don't think I received a receipt email. I just receive an email stating that I can log onto something to check the status of my account, which is a problem because I can't seem to log onto it. They say that they will only have one account left that they'll be working towards. They still have not even gotten a settlement agreement with that account and it's going into 10 months now. I just wanna get this stuff over with. But other than those, it’s a good program for anybody that needs help with getting things done that they can’t do themselves because they helped me. They got my total amount reduced down, which is a great thing.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2021

The reps from CreditAssociates are great and everything's been working fine. It's not having to worry about different payments. Having one payment is helping out.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2021

The cost consolidation has been very helpful to me being able to pay my bills and buy groceries and all. That’s what I'm proud of. Also, the rep that I work with is very good. I would recommend trying CreditAssociates if someone is having financial difficulties because it takes a big burden off when one used to have some high bills and they're just making the minimum amount every month.

CreditAssociates Company Information