2. Finance
  3. Debt Settlement

4.3/5 (481 ratings)

About CreditAssociates

Whether you are facing insurmountable debt due to job loss, divorce, sickness, loss of income, or one of many other reasons, CreditAssociates is here to help. As the industry leaders, CreditAssociates works with clients to provide fast and affordable debt relief. Our proprietary electronic debt-settlement software coupled with our team of debt advisors provide the system you need to work towards your custom debt relief solution. We provide free consultations for a wide-range of debt needs including credit card, medical, personal loans and more. Additionally, utilize our mobile app to track your progress 24/7 and instantly your timeline to being debt-free.

Pros

• Apple and Android app
  • 24/7 customer service
  • Free initial consultation

Cons

• Services not available in all states

Bottom Line

CreditAssociates is an innovative debt relief company that works with consumers who have $10,000 or more in unsecured debt. Although you have to pay a portion of the settled debt, 24/7 customer service and the potential for financial freedom may be worth it.

CreditAssociates Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CreditAssociates?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about CreditAssociates?

Original review: Aug. 2, 2021

Getting started with the program was easy, except I had to call a number of times to get it going and I don't know if it's still going. I see the money's coming out every month, but I don't see any more progress being made. Discover has been paid off little by little, and that's it. I was also under the impression I would get a monthly email at least, saying, “This is what we've done. And this is what we're working on,” but I haven't gotten that. They have this dashboard, which you go in there and then if you don’t have the right password then you gotta reset your password. It's a crazy thing. Overall, I’m not happy. I would have gotten a lot more progress by now, and I understand there are some options out there that have a much better deal than I'm getting with CreditAssociates.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2021

Capital One has been completed but CreditAssociates is paying on the other accounts. I got two credit cards from Chase and they said they don’t work with them. So I don’t know what we’re gonna do if they aren’t gonna pay it. I haven’t heard from them since November. If I need anything or I get sent any mail from another credit card, I have to call them. Then sometimes, they say they got the same letter, so for me to disregard it. I don't know why it takes so long to even start paying anything but I’m not dissatisfied. They probably got hundreds of accounts trying to combine all of them to start paying some. That’s the way they work.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2021

CreditAssociates has nice people who help you out and talk to you. After they figured out the payment plan, they told me what it'd be, and everything went fine. I've been in the program for a year and I've paid off two bills so far.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2021

Getting things set up with CreditAssociates was an easy process. The only problem I had was that they missed a couple of my debts when they initially set it up. But we got that corrected. I find their communications to be a little bit lacking, but a lot of that is because I am not online. I don't have computer skills. They and pretty much everybody else are geared for online. They do occasionally reach out to me. The other day, they came through, and it was fine. They settled the debt, and they wanted me to click onto a link to review it. Of course, I couldn't do that. Other than that, they've been good to work with. I would use them again.

Original review: July 31, 2021

Gail, the rep, was very nice in explaining everything. She went through the payment schedule, and I'm paying a little less than the company I had before. CreditAssociates gets their money every month, and they’d call me when they get an offer to pay down.

Original review: July 31, 2021

CreditAssociates got back to me very fast and they were very professional. The setup process with them was very easy and fast. I took copies of all my statements and any type of letters that I had received. The link to get these paid off is probably the only problem that I'm having. I was under the impression that they were going to make contact with each of the people I wanted to pay off. That had not happened. It's only been the small ones. Bank of America and US Bank keep calling and sending nasty letters, and they never did contact with them. I keep sending the letters to them and asking them to do that. At the amount of money I'm doing on a monthly basis, probably, it’s not going to get it done as fast, but they need to communicate with these people. I keep telling them that I've gone to CreditAssociates and they keep saying that they need a power of attorney. None of that has happened as far as I know.

I wish the communication was a little faster, and I wish we could come to some sort of agreement with these two, and at least start to where, they do not keep calling and sending letters. CreditAssociates did call one and I had to increase one month by almost the same amount. I'm sending $600 a month, and I had to double that for one month, which was very difficult, but it was an amount that was reasonable in my mind, so I did that. They do not respond to my emails when I keep sending statements and/or letters. But other than that, they've always been very professional. They've always taken my phone calls.

Original review: July 30, 2021

CreditAssociates has been great. The only concern I've had since I've been with them for over a year and a half now was whenever I got the call from one of the creditors, the creditor sent me a letter saying that if I didn't respond, they would sue me. Whenever I gave CreditAssociates a call about this matter with the attorney, the lady said to fax it over to them, and I did, and I haven't heard anything from that company, so evidently, they worked something out. In the booklet that they sent me, it said that I have to be careful with what I say over the phone, don't promise anybody anything, and people will try to get me. I mostly followed that. I've just not been answering my phone unless it's somebody I knew and the calls have gotten fewer because some of them are now getting paid. There have been some interesting arrangements with a few of them so my bills will be taken care of.

I’ve never regretted going into this decision with CreditAssociates. I feel that everything’s gonna be okay at the end of my term that I’ve paid them. Everything should be paid for. I might come out with a little bit of credit. They also told me to keep paying my mortgage, which I did, because I wanted to have a house to live in. Overall, I would tell a friend to use them.

Original review: July 30, 2021

I talked to a couple of the associates and how they broke things down made it a little easier for me. However, they should make sure to explain things correctly to their clients next time. I didn't realize that it was going to go by how much money that I was going to be giving to them in holdings and compared to how much debt they were going to pay off. It was worded a bit differently than I expected. How it was explained to me was, “Okay, we're gonna pay this and so much interest. And then you're gonna owe us this amount of money in this interest rate.”

Original review: July 29, 2021

When I called CreditAssociates, the person I spoke to was really helpful. The consultants are very knowledgeable and they help as much as they can. So far, it's been a positive experience. But I would like to be contacted more from them to let me know what's going on.

Original review: July 29, 2021

CreditAssociates got some credit accounts resolved and everything is going good. Everything is going as planned.

Original review: July 28, 2021

I gave CreditAssociates a list of all my credit that I owed, my creditors, and my income then they came up with a payment plan. It first started with 575 a month, and then they called me and asked if I could give another 100. I worked my agent a couple of times, and he was very professional and knew what he was talking about. I haven't worked with him since though. I've worked with whoever answered the phone and knew my case. Working with them has always been good until this last time. I found out that they stopped payment on the check for JCPenney, and I thought, “Wow. Why did that happen?” I talked to someone who said, “I'll have my supervisor call you.” It's been a week and the supervisor hasn't called me concerning this matter.

I would have liked for the company to contact me more instead of me contacting them and asking what's going on and what has been handled. There should be better communication, and they should let me know because they told me they were handling things. When I talked to the creditor, they said no. They were not handling it because there was supposed to be a moderator that deals with Global Holdings, and that hadn't happened yet.

Original review: July 28, 2021

I needed to get my credit and my financing in order. I wanted to give CreditAssociates a trial because I heard some things about them. It’s been okay. I signed up for three years, and then they kept calling and saying, if I added more money, they could resolve more creditors with that money. But they didn't tell me that from the start. They said they made contact with one of my creditors, and they say they couldn't resolve it until I add for money. So, if they can clear that up, it'll be good. I wish they would’ve been upfront with me with that. I'm getting some of the accounts paid out quickly. Some of them are taking longer though.

Original review: July 27, 2021

Bruce, the one in charge, told me everything about what CreditAssociates could do and the way he talked to me was nice. If it hadn’t been good, I wouldn’t have tried the company out. They told me how everything worked, so I haven’t had any questions. They do what they told me they were gonna be doing, and I try to keep the money in the bank so they can get it when the time came. If the money ain't in the bank on time, I call them a few days ahead and they help me try to move it to another date that I will have the money in there. Overall, CreditAssociates has been good. When they’re doing a good job, I don’t think we have to communicate a lot. If I have a problem, I will call them.

Original review: July 27, 2021

I liked the way CreditAssociates was set up. I like the communication. For someone who's 73, the service was explained to me, and it made sense. So yeah, it was good. The rep I worked with was very upbeat, informative, told me pros and cons and made sure I understood this and that about the program. With CreditAssociates, I'm down to a very minimal amount that’s still owed out there. At some point, I hope I can just pay it off and be done with it.

Original review: July 27, 2021

Credit Associates has taken care of our credit cards. They've been excellent. I was the one that was a nervous wreck. They kept having to calm me down. They were very good. I would recommend them.

Original review: July 26, 2021

American Express told me they don't do any negotiating with the credit resolving companies like CreditAssociates and CreditAssociates's people said, "Oh, yeah. We've settled accounts with them before." Brian, the guy I've been speaking with on the phone, is very exceptional and an excellent communicator. He's doing a great job on his end of things. I also know CreditAssociates is trying to work out deals with the credit card people and I've had a couple ones closed out. One thing though, sometimes there's enough money in monthly then sometimes I have to reduce it because of certain things (like I was trying to sell something or obtain some money and it didn't come through on time). It would be an improvement if there was a way to communicate more, whether it's text or email, of when my next payment is due and am I going to have the funds for it. That can change in a matter of a couple of days.

The other thing is when I had my credit pulled, and I was trying to do a loan. I buy and sell a lot here and there and I don't have the money to do it. I want to be able to make money and there are different companies out there that will loan money against a property or a large asset. I have a $580,000 condo that's paid in full and a boat that's worth 200 grand paid off, but I can't use them as collateral because of my score. The reason is there are so many late payments. When these credit cards are let go and the CreditAssociates's guys are trying to negotiate, it kills me. Some of the accounts haven't even been started yet.

It has been close to a year and CreditAssociates has to do things quicker. I keep on getting negatives every month of a late payment on all these cards I have out there because they're not settled yet. My score is going down over and over. That part through this whole process is gonna keep killing me until something could be worked out. The late payments need to stop. There's got to be some way CreditAssociates's guys can pull with the creditors and say, "Let's get this figured out so he doesn't get any more lates every month." They should communicate it through the credit card companies to try and resolve something. They could get an agreement with the creditors just so the late payment every month doesn't keep going on my report.

Original review: July 26, 2021

Everything is on track with CreditAssociates. It was a 41-month term, and some accounts have been settled. So, it's just a matter of me getting the money in there to finish settling them out.

Original review: July 26, 2021

The rep from CreditAssociates called me frequently. They contact me when they have new credit cards offers and to deal with the credit cards that they have on file. They keep me up with letters all the time. I was with so much stress with all these credit cards and working with them alleviates it. Once in a while, I receive letters from them but I just email CreditAssociates and then ignore the letters. They would be dealing with it. I would tell the credit card companies that I am enrolled in this program and to contact CreditAssociates, and they do.

The only issue that I have with CreditAssociates' system is at the beginning, they tell you what the payment is and I thought that from that amount they’re going to spread between the cards even in low amounts. But it doesn’t work like that. At least the debtors are not calling and bugging me. They know that I'm in the program and they advised me about the credit report that the credit score was going to be up and down depending on the situation of the credit cards. And I said that was fine.

Original review: July 25, 2021

I faced multiple hardships and couldn't pay off my debts anymore. CreditAssociates was one of the few companies that reached out that the plan seemed doable. The fact that it took a huge hit on my credit score is the hardest thing that I'm dealing with out of it right now. At first, I was really uneasy about not paying the creditors and be late. There were a few things that were scary about it, but CreditAssociates was able to kind of help out and put my mind at ease with it.

CreditAssociates has helped me settle a few of my debts already and they're working with me pretty well to negotiate others. It's just that I can't put in more money, so it's taking so long. But now, I'm able to develop savings and be less dependent on credit cards, basically going through this whole cycle of rotating debt the entire time. So that's been a huge help. The reps that I've dealt with were pretty helpful in explaining the whole process to me. Anytime I had a question, I've called CreditAssociates and got an answer pretty clearly or quickly.

Original review: July 25, 2021

I feel not so much pressure now that CreditAssociates is taking care of my credit cards and everything. They settled two, and they’re working on a third.

Original review: July 25, 2021

Working with CreditAssociates has been good so far. I was in the process of getting all my credit cards resolved and I’ve done three already. Two more to go and I’ll be all set in a 3-year period of time. The associates are helpful. People should use it because it helps you understand and if you have any questions, you call them and they explain to you how it works. In no time, you will get your financial pressure off the chest. You're looking forward to relief, in a 4-year program, and be debt free. In time, I will get back on my feet.

Original review: July 24, 2021

Everybody has been as professional as they could be. I appreciate that CreditAssociates was taking care of all this stuff for me. But I've been trying to figure out what my credit score is now and I hadn't been able to get an answer on that from them. They told me that that was information that they didn't have. In one of my calls with them, they told me to use a company and I tried that on my phone but there were so many steps that I ended up giving up on it. I was on the phone for an hour and a half, and I wasn’t even halfway through with trying to find out something.

Original review: July 24, 2021

CreditAssociates did a good job. Tiffany, the rep I worked with, was excellent. I referred a lot of people and they’re happy too. They told me they love it.

Original review: July 24, 2021

CreditAssociates is working very good on my behalf. The representative I worked with was terrific. She impressed me. Right now, the burden is off on my head a little bit. I have people who are helping me to solve my problem. With that alone, I found my goal for being friends with CreditAssociates. I will recommend them to friends.

Original review: July 23, 2021

With all of the people that I have worked with, they all seemed to be nice and concerned about trying to help me get out of debt. I only have one more debt that I need to pay off. Since working with them, making my payments has been easier to do.

Original review: July 23, 2021

I handle Bill's situation, but I let CreditAssociates handle whatever they need to handle on all those credit cards that Bill had that he can't pay. If they need to get in touch with me, they'll get in touch with me. One time, they called me to clarify some creditors that they wanted to close out on one of his bills and I said, “Okay." Overall, CreditAssociates is doing what they need to do for Bill and it relieves a lot of stress on him.

Original review: July 23, 2021

CreditAssociates is an excellent company. They're getting me out of a whole lot of mess I was in. I was in deep stuff. They took a lot of worry off of me. I don't get as many phone calls, but I still got creditors calling me. Everything has been very professional. I had to have my payments adjusted because my personal rent went up, and I'm on a fixed income. They were able to work with me on that for a while.

Original review: July 22, 2021

Customer service was professional and they seemed to have an idea of what they were talking about. The rep I had was pretty detailed. I have a long way to go. In the beginning, results are very few then as it gets closer towards the end, that's where I'll see the impact. I'm just waiting until such time.

Original review: July 22, 2021

I was signed with another company and wound up going with CreditAssociates because of the monthly payment deal. Their guy also had a line of communication open with me a lot better than the other company. He worked well with me in the beginning, but I haven't had a whole lot of communication with him in a long time. He hasn't contacted me back to let me know exactly what the statuses are, and I'm hoping to hear something from him. He could touch base with me every other month, shoot me an email or just say, "Hello, we're still here. We haven't forgotten you."

The website sucks. I can see what my account balance is, but there's nowhere for me to click to find out where all the payments are going and what's getting worked out. Other than that, CreditAssociates is settling with people. They had both Capital One and OneMain Financial, but I don't know if the OneMain account is all the way closed out yet or they're just making payments or how they're doing that. However, my account is almost empty every month, so things are going somewhere.

Original review: July 22, 2021

CreditAssociates is the company that I'm using to consolidate all my unsecured debt. I pay in a monthly fee, and I added up on my unsecured debt. They have paid off some of my unsecured debt and my credit cards. I paid and the ones they haven't contacted yet are still calling me. So, now, I'm being sued by different creditors. I emailed CreditAssociates the letters of the lawyer that are suing me, and sometimes they get back to me, sometimes they don't. I'm happy with them because it is helping me and my credit score has gone up, but it's taking longer than I expected.

I would like to see them pay off more of my unsecured debt with the money I'm giving them. I'm giving like $170 a month, and I thought they would pay some of my unsecured debt a little faster than they are. I do call them periodically, and I do talk to them. They always say, "Well, we're working on this one. We're working on that one." I have a personal loan that was like 4500, and I tell them, "Why don't you call them? Call the bank and say, 'Hey, he's with us now.'"

CreditAssociates Company Information