2. Finance
  3. Debt Settlement

4.3/5 (483 ratings)

About CreditAssociates

Whether you are facing insurmountable debt due to job loss, divorce, sickness, loss of income, or one of many other reasons, CreditAssociates is here to help. As the industry leaders, CreditAssociates works with clients to provide fast and affordable debt relief. Our proprietary electronic debt-settlement software coupled with our team of debt advisors provide the system you need to work towards your custom debt relief solution. We provide free consultations for a wide-range of debt needs including credit card, medical, personal loans and more. Additionally, utilize our mobile app to track your progress 24/7 and instantly your timeline to being debt-free.

Pros

• Apple and Android app
  • 24/7 customer service
  • Free initial consultation

Cons

• Services not available in all states

Bottom Line

CreditAssociates is an innovative debt relief company that works with consumers who have $10,000 or more in unsecured debt. Although you have to pay a portion of the settled debt, 24/7 customer service and the potential for financial freedom may be worth it.

CreditAssociates Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CreditAssociates?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about CreditAssociates?

Original review: July 21, 2021

The man I dealt with was very nice and informative. He helped me right away. My first debt got settled in eight months. The only thing was I tried contacting CreditAssociates and I had a really hard time. I couldn't get ahold of them. I just wanted to know how much was left on the debt and how much has been paid. Do I owe anything after we're all done or do they take it from the money they take every month? CreditAssociates takes 500 and something a month out of the account so I don't know if I'm gonna have leftover debt. I go to their dashboard and it just says what I have left. There are three credit cards and the amount is shown. I don't know how to use the dashboard and I'm having trouble communicating with CreditAssociates.

Original review: July 21, 2021

The rep was very explanatory. He put me at ease in a way that made me feel great. I'm almost at the end as far as negotiating. I had four bad accounts and CreditAssociates got three out of the way. We're still negotiating with the last one. They helped me out so much. I give them kudos all up and down. It's taken the cloud off my shoulder. CreditAssociates is a great company.

Original review: July 21, 2021

What CreditAssociates is doing is working good. It was definitely less than a year and there are two accounts closed out, which is quicker than I was thinking. CreditAssociates is good at what they do, and I'd recommend them.

Original review: July 20, 2021

CreditAssociates explained everything to me to where I could understand what's going on with the processes. Anytime I have any questions, I would call you and get an answer for them. I was able to work through them to pay off my credit cards faster. I did a workup on four of the five credit cards, so far. I got one still outstanding but I just don't have enough money saved up in the bank to take care of that credit card yet.

Original review: July 20, 2021

CreditAssociates was going by a different name called NetDebt, and I used them before when we got behind on some payments. We did it again this time, and they've been nice the times that I’ve had to talk to them. If they get an offer to bring my bill down, they call, let me know, and ask me if I accept the offer. I tell them yes, and we go for it. I got two credit cards that they settled with and two that they haven’t. I’m waiting on them to get something done with the other two, but I haven’t heard anything yet. Other than that, I would recommend them. They’ve been really good and they’ve helped me a lot with our credit card debt and got it down to a payment that we can afford.

Original review: July 20, 2021

The process was pretty straightforward. But I had my finances well-organized, I knew what was where, so it was an easy process. Just gave them the information they needed to do their initial analysis and decide whether or not they could help me or not, and if so, how much. All that went well. It was one phone call. I called them and said, "What are you?" "This is what we do." "Oh, well, that sounds interesting. Here's my debt." And he crunched the numbers and said, "Well, here's what we can do for you." And he explained how it works. And I had enough understanding to know that I would get nowhere trying to bargain with these creditors. I'd rather let a third party do it. That's their line of business, and that's what they do every day.

They do that initial analysis, and that's just their job. And then, you get sent over to a different group that manages your processes. Everyone I have talked to has been intelligent, courteous, caring, all the things you want when you call someone for customer service. I don't know that I've ever stumped them with any questions. To me, that's a good sign that they're trained well.

Go use CreditAssociates. They've been in the business for 10 or 15 years. Long enough that they know their stuff, and they got good people, that's all I care about. They've developed a lot of relations. In a way, you're hiring a lawyer. Not really, but they're doing a legal service for you. And why do you hire lawyers? For their connections, who they know, who they have working relationships with. Same to do with these guys, you want them to have a working relationship with all the major creditors, so they're gonna, more than likely, get a better deal for you. And the reason they get a better deal is because they bundle your debt with a bunch of others, and then they take all of it and say, "Okay, I have this here. What are you going to give me for it?" That's better than anyone could do by themselves, right?

I have some understanding of what's going on. And most don't even know that it's an option. And they do a good job on the website explaining. They all may call it reorganization, but literally, it's negotiating it down. And behind the scenes, do you understand that when a debt with a Citi card, they write you up, that means they sell your debt to a debt collection company? Who did you have your contract with? That credit card was with Citi, not the debt collector. The law says your contract is with Citi, not with the debt collectors. You have no legal obligation to that debt collector, or they enforced it without law is with your credit report, right? So, legally, you don't owe that debt collector a penny. You don't have an agreement with them, so why are you paying them?

One, you're scared, two, you just don't know what I just said, and three, somehow, you'd have to get around the bad credit records unless you come into a lot of money and just don't care anymore. All those things, most people don't understand it from that perspective. They just feel guilty and worried and everything else. Throw that aside, just realize you can't afford to pay all this debt, that's why you'll end up losing your war, figuring how to make it last. And don't worry about the fact that you didn't pay it all off. Those guys, this is their business. They write it all off all the time.

CreditAssociates is a stellar group. Go for it. I'm very happy that all their customer support people are here, stateside. We communicate, we speak the same language, but it's more than that. It's an understanding, it's a culture, it's everything. I have yet to speak to very few people from overseas that truly care. Just don't care. They're just doing the job. It all starts with caring, next is being intelligent. "Do you understand what I'm asking?" "Oh, no, it's not on my script. I don't know how to answer that." So, it's aggravating as far as the customer's concerned. And I get it, they're just doing a job. It's not personal events, that is the choice and the way that companies are. Thanks for keeping it here. Don't change that. And they're a great service organization, so they got to have a good customer service group.

Original review: July 19, 2021

CreditAssociates is okay and everything has been good so far. I haven't talked to them in a while, so I thought they were negotiating for one of my accounts. They already did one. Now, I have two others they have to do.

Original review: July 19, 2021

I’m looking to have my credit back, and I hope to be debt-free as soon as possible. I decided to work with CreditAssociates because they impressed me when I talked to them. Things did not work the way I wanted it to be, but so far, they've been very good.

Original review: July 19, 2021

The guy that I talked to, Jeff, seemed like a nice, down to earth, straight up guy.

Original review: July 18, 2021

I'm working with CreditAssociates and it's been fine. It's a little confusing but I don't have a lot of time to think about it because there are a lot of other things going on. My thing is we signed up and they are doing their job.

Original review: July 18, 2021

I got a representative and he was very nice and professional. At first, I had a little doubt about if I wanted to do it, and he left me alone for a couple of days. I told him, "Give me my space, so that way, me and my husband can really think about it." And then, he said, "Well, I'll be here. And call me if you really want to do this." And I called him. From the first time we called, everybody was so helpful.

CreditAssociates keeps on top of everything. If they have a deal going on, they send me text messages, and then I have Irene. She calls me every 15th of the month. Sometimes, she misses me because my work hours are very flexible, but usually, she calls me once a month and see how we're doing, and if I have any questions, I give her a call.

I love CreditAssociates' services. We're going very fast with my account. My goal is to be debt-free in three years. I put it up for four and a half. But with me giving more money, we're going to be soon. And it's already almost been a year, so I have two more to go. And I'm just waiting for that moment. CreditAssociates has been great, and I would recommend them at a top 10. I have been talking to a few friends and let them know. Because right now, with the economy, everything going up, everyone's getting behind on their bills and all that. When you have so much debt, it's so stressful. You don't even know what to do, how you will pay those bills. But with this whole program, it's great. And I know it's gonna take time for my credit to go up because I wasn't up there with the credit. But it's worth it.

If I have the cash, I buy, and if I don't have the cash, I don't use credit card because I don't have them. So, it's a good thing because my debt is going down and I'm controlling a bit more how to use credit cards because I don't have them. And once I have them, I would keep one or two, the most important but I would never go into another debt like this again. With CreditAssociates taking care of it, it helps to have a peace of mind. I don't have to worry about every month I would sit down three hours trying to figure it out, I got to pay this one, I got to pay that one. And in with the credit cards having different due dates and different amounts, it was really stressful. I told my husband it's the best thing. Because we thought about it for about two years, "Should we do it or should we not do it?" But then, it came to a point that we said, "No more." It was just the right, perfect time to consolidate our debt.

Original review: July 17, 2021

The rep I had was just pushing me to make a contract with CreditAssociates. I was expecting a faster process but I'm about a year into the program and it has been very slow. There is no information about time frames and I'm just waiting. I wish they have a clear process too. There are creditors that they working on and on their website, there is no information saying what the stage is and what they are doing until I see there is some kind of a settlement. I'm not gonna recommend CreditAssociates. If I have to do this again, I'm not gonna choose them.

Original review: July 17, 2021

CreditAssociates is a good company. I really like it. They were very helpful. I usually get texts right away if they negotiated. I usually call them but if not, they get ahold of me. Everything has been great so far.

Original review: July 16, 2021

I submitted eight accounts, and we are almost halfway through with our settlement. But I'm never satisfied because the term and conditions and how the system worked wasn't fully explained to me. That's from the representative that I initially signed up with and from calling over time. What I'm not happy with is the fact that I wasn't fully informed how often they make negotiations. I keep calling and inquiring and they just kept saying, "Oh, leave it up to us. Just keep adding funds into your account." But no one ever explained to me that once something was settled, aside from the monthly payments, if something else popped up, that that's how it works.

The program works. But the people that work for CreditAssociates need to be better trained and try to put themselves in somebody else's situation because they don't know what the other person on the other end has been through and what got them to where they are. Also, there have been times when I have called to obtain information, and people have snapped on me like basically saying, "Oh, you did this to yourself, basically. Now, you need to find a way out." That's not very professional. No one is fully informing the customer all the details. And then, when you call and try to inquire, "Well, this wasn't informed to me or x, y, and z." then they just snap, not understanding that you weren't told how the system works. Be fully informed before you sign up and ask questions, and ask different companies how the system works.

Original review: July 16, 2021

The application process was quick. We were able to do everything in an entire day, and we like that part. CreditAssociates' website is thorough and user-friendly, and I like it. I’m halfway in the program and it's been good. They are available when I need them (a lot of people aren't), and the agent does her job well. When I have a question, she'd answer it and tell me what I can do. When CreditAssociates reaches a settlement though, they just send me a text or an email, and I have to go online to the account to see what the settlement is. I'd prefer them to give me a summary about it in the email.

Original review: July 15, 2021

My brother mentioned to me that CreditAssociates helped him as well. And they were really good and just took care of business. So far, it has been great. But I haven't heard from them in months. I still haven't heard about one credit issue since November of last year. And then I was told that it was the last one, but I got a random letter from another credit issue, which I was told by the credit associate last time that I didn't have that. The last time I called them, beginning of December, I told them that I wanted to know the update on one of the credit issues and then this other credit issue that they had told me that didn't exist in my credit. And then they checked through. I get to settle. And then the other credit issue, they said that it doesn't come out in my credit score, so they assumed that it was taken care of, which was just no more than a few weeks ago I got that letter from that one that I had mentioned to them months ago.

When I signed up, I gave the full amount of what they told me it was going to be for the loan. So, it's already paid for. And I know that with one of the settlements, which was Bank of America, they were able to reduce it. So, once everything's done, they told me that they would reach out to me and I will get that money back if there was any money left over. I wanted to find a great credit program like CreditAssociates to be helped and it could be taken care of quick, because I had all the money already.

I paid everything within a month. And they had me pay it to a bank, or whoever holds all the money. And then, two of my loans were settled, and one of those two was reduced less than what they had sold me, which was great. And then the only one that was left was the Oportun. CreditAssociates told me that I needed to get my account number for it. They just said that they would figure it out and take care of it. That was the last time I have spoken to anybody. And then I got another random one, which I already knew I had, but I was told by CreditAssociates that it didn't exist. So, I ignored it until I just got it a week ago.

The only issue I find is that there is no communication. There is no reach to see what's going on, how's everything going. If I didn't call, and I wouldn't know what's going on. I paid the full amount that I needed to pay. They told me that total was for all the loans that I owed. So, I don't know what's happening with that money as well. Is it still there? The other ones were paid for. Is there extra being sent over? What's going on with my other loan? Why do I have this other loan? I don't even know what's going on. But then it’s a month when they had told me they settled two. I got a text and an email, and then they called me. But the fact that they took care of two of the loans so quick was amazing. But I have recommended this to other people.

Original review: July 15, 2021

I feel good about the company because I have the report very often. They call and let me know how they’re doing. They work with Macy's or Costco credit cards, for example, and they let me know that everything is going fine. We make a $600 payment every month, and we are doing good. We're waiting 'til we can make a bigger payment, but it’s very hard for us to do it right now because my husband is the only working person here and we have a lot of troubles.

Original review: July 14, 2021

Working with Credit Associates has been great. They're taking care of everything and I just have to make the monthly payments. And they've been good with contacting the creditors. They haven't been bugging me anymore, so that's good. I recommend this company. They've been helpful to me.

Original review: July 14, 2021

CreditAssociates has helped me a lot. But when they go through your situation and start getting it figured out and going through the process of getting your stuff done, it takes a while by letter that says, "We've informed you that we're working on this particular credit card," or it's under judgment at that time. I thought it would be a lot faster in that situation. Because normally, it's a do it or get it started, and they make a deal or they work out this deal, I would think they would send out a notification a bit earlier than I normally would just to let the person know what's going on. Other than that, I'm perfectly happy.

Original review: July 13, 2021

CreditAssociates negotiates accounts for me. The calling is pretty quick. And they've been helpful with the whole process.

Original review: July 13, 2021

CreditAssociates has been good. They're resolving my debt issues, and I interact with the agent when there's an account to settle.

Original review: July 12, 2021

The consultant from CreditAssociates was good. My payment plan worked out well.

Original review: July 12, 2021

CreditAssociates really gave me a good ease. I don't have to have all those bills. I just have the one payment that I'm making. So, that really helped me. CreditAssociates is very good and very helpful. I'm so glad that I considered them and called. I would recommend them. I tried to even recommend my brother to them, but they said they couldn't do it because he’s in Georgia. They don't work in Georgia.

Original review: July 11, 2021

CreditAssociates is doing what they're supposed to be doing. The first guy I talked to was amazing. He explained everything to me. The program is working so far, so I'm happy.

Original review: July 11, 2021

I couldn't pay those cards on my own, and it's been easier and such a big relief on me to work with CreditAssociates on it. My experience has been pretty good up to this point. They're very helpful. Everything has been pretty smooth and well-understood.

Original review: July 10, 2021

CreditAssociates is okay but right now, the representatives are not up to par. I tried to get a hold of them, and they changed numbers and their website and I can't get it.

Original review: July 10, 2021

CreditAssociates explained that if I started paying 600 and something dollars a month for 30 months, I'd be out from under the credit cards. I called one time, and they told me that they paid off US Bank. The guy that I had talked to right at the very beginning was Jimmy. I felt good talking to him in the beginning. He said he was gonna take care of everything and we were gonna pay that 600 something a month for 30 months, and it was gonna be over. I'm getting my credit cards paid off. I would recommend CreditAssociates.

Original review: July 9, 2021

My experience with CreditAssociates has been very good.

Original review: July 9, 2021

Working with CreditAssociates is a good and bad thing. It seems like every time they get a credit card that they're working on, they call me up for more money. Right now, I'm on a medical leave, so I really can't afford any more money than what I'm giving them. They told me that it would be two years that I would get out of all of it and not be concerned about anything anymore, and I'm still working on the credit card companies and everybody else. It’s taking longer than two years. I understand it, but I feel like it's gonna be forever. At this point, I might as well have went bankrupt instead of doing this. The consultants have been good though. They helped me out. There was one credit card that wanted a couple of $100 right here and there, and they called them up and got it down to $50.

Original review: July 8, 2021

I just wasn’t getting anywhere paying my credit cards off. I kept seeing CreditAssociates on TV. I called and talked to some guy. It was a very quick process and I love the guy I dealt with. He had a relative that went through CreditAssociates too. I'd recommend them to anybody. I talked to a friend about CreditAssociates and said she was thinking about doing it. I told her I was very happy with everything that was going on with CreditAssociates and I had no complaints. I was a little iffy about what I was supposed to be doing with the paperwork. But I would send it in and I would go online and it would be there. I must be doing it right. On the whole, CreditAssociates has been great.

CreditAssociates Company Information