1.07/5
Based on 72 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Need a background check company?

75 CoreLogic SafeRent Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 1, 2018

Reporting inaccurate information - Firstly, I applied for an apartment with Conifer LLC and there was a judgment which was vacated due to an amicable decision. I have the final judge's ruling which is not reported on my credit report. I am willing to provide the judge's ruling but they are saying that, "We only report public information."

Original review: June 22, 2018

My husband, mother, and myself applied for an apartment lease this week through the same rental company we currently live in NRP but for another complex. My disabled mother needs a place to live and we need to upsize to a larger unit so she can move in with us. One was not available at our current complex we have lived at for 3 years so we decided to apply at another with a 4 bedroom unit.

To our SHOCK we were denied based on criminal background. We were stunned because none of us have a criminal background. So we came home and PAID to have my husband's criminal background check done through the department of public safety and another individual with my husbands same first, middle and last name came up but with a different spelling of the first name. Coincidentally this other man ALSO shares my husband's birthday of May 5th. HOWEVER, this man is **. My husband is **. This man has a long list of charges and arrests, and time in jail. Drug charges, weapons charges. We called CoreLogic to explain to them that this was not us, and asked them what information they had that came back; they told us drug and weapons charges.

We explained that that man is not my husband, and they asked to have us email a copy of my husband's ID over to them. WELL they gave us a bogus non working email address. So I cant even send them over that information to dispute this. I am beyond livid. My lease it up in 9 days, and we now have nowhere to move to. The other apartment doesnt even seem to care that the company they use screwed up and reported another person's criminal history as ours. They tell us we have to wait 120 days to reapply. WHY? Is that even legal? I have 3 kids and we will now be facing homelessness. This is not fair.

Get expert buying tips about Background Check Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 16, 2018

I have been trying over a year to get CoreLogic to remove an inaccurate report placed under my name by a mortgage company. I sent them the letter from the attorney of the mortgage company stating I am not the person listed on the judgment. CoreLogic did an investigation and stated they are not removing the information because the 3 credit Bureaus are showing it on their reports. I checked with Transunion, Equifax and Experian, none of them show this inaccurate information. I have been trying to see how I can file a complaint with a federal agency or start a civil suit against this company. After reading the reviews I see that I am not alone. If there is anyone with information on how to report this company and their practices, please email me at **!

Original review: May 29, 2018

I do not recommend using MyRental.com by CoreLogic. I recently used this service to screen a tenant and had some trouble understanding their report because compared to other screening websites I have used in the past, theirs is completely not user friendly. Let me rephrase that, it is user friendly through them getting your money. The actual reports are not reader friendly and offer no summary or interpretation of the information provided. I could not chat with a rep on the day that the report was authorized by my prospective tenant because it was a Holiday (totally understandable), so I waited until the next day to initiate a chat. The representative was so rude!

When asked for help understanding some of the numbers on the report, she said, "It is not possible for me to know every character on every report." Really? I'm sorry, isn't that your job? How user and reader friendly is a site if their own employees do not understand the reports? She kept telling me to look at the "guide", but the numbers I was asking about were not on the guide so I have NO clue what they meant. I told her that the numbers I was referring to were not on the guide, or if they were, I didn't see them. She could have easily looked at the guide and interpreted the report for me if in fact they were on there, but she literally told me she could not tell me what the report meant, but could only refer me to the guide. To make matters worse, there were several minutes that passed between each unhelpful reply of hers so it was just a complete waste of time and money.

Original review: April 14, 2018

I applied for an apartment but CoreLogic reported that I had an eviction case filed and I was evicted. Which was not true. I was threatened by their representatives if I contacted an attorney they would make it hard for this issue to be resolved. I asked where did they get that information from. They claimed public records. Had another check by another company and there was no public record of case or eviction. Then they claimed they don't know where it came from but it will take 30 days for them to investigate. They are toxic destroying people lives with false inaccurate information.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CoreLogic SafeRent?

Original review: March 13, 2018

Corelogic listed my husband as a felon because someone with the same first and last name is a felon. Social security numbers, middle name, and birthdate do not match up. We are moving in 10 days and they do not care to file a dispute, therefore leaving us homeless because we cannot find a rental, even though we've been renters for 8+ years with no bad marks. This has completely thrown a wrench in our lives, especially since isn't even our fault. Yet here we are fighting to get a name cleared when we have no convictions.

Original review: March 13, 2018

My fiance and I applied for an apartment that uses SafeRent to conduct background checks. We both have excellent credit, no unpaid rent or evictions, and a squeaky clean criminal background -- neither of us has gotten as much as a speeding ticket. We were shocked to find out that we had been denied with the apartment complex as a result of criminal findings against my fiance. SafeRent pulled a laundry list of criminal records from a different person and attached them to my fiance's file. We are now having to go through an appeals process just to get them to do the job right! We are at risk of losing the apartment and our application fee due to this company's idiocy. It seems that the company does not use a SSN to conduct background checks. I would stay FAR away from any apartment complex that uses CoreLogic SafeRent to conduct background checks!

Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

I have been renting apartments for over 10 years. I have a great rental history. My credit score isn't super and I told this new apartment building I've been waiting to get in that my credit wasn't perfect and they said, "That's okay. Just come in anyways," so I did. I filled out the application. I also gave them a $500 deposit. CoreLogic Rental Property Solutions denied me for an incident that was dismissed through the courts. I am now fighting it because I am a victim of domestic violence and I am stuck now in this apartment afraid to leave.

I've been denied by three places and I believe it's because of this dismissed incident. I sent in paperwork showing it was dismissed. They never received it. Then

I faxed it in. They did not receive that. I eventually had to email it and finally two days later they said they did receive it and I should call back once a week to see what the results are. I don't understand what happened to calling landlords and this company seems to be notoriously wrong... What is going on?

Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

CoreLogic/Credco released FALSE information about my credit to BlueChip Financial which then released same false information to other Credit Report Agencies. I file a complaint against CoreLogic and their customer services representatives that wanted to speak with me in Spanish a language I don't speak. This credit report company should not be permitted to do this type of business that cause customers to suffer the bad consequences of their poor services.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

This company CREDCO pulled my credit unauthorized 2 times in 10 days and counting. I looked them up and am amazed to see what everyone else has experienced also. This cannot be legal. If an attorney or the FTC sees this please contact us to file a CLL. Also heard Wells Fargo is affiliated to this group which explains a lot. Thank you!

Original review: Aug. 17, 2017

THIS COMPANY SUCKS!!! I was denied an apartment two days ago because of the idiots at CoreLogic. I have a good credit score and have committed ZERO crimes - the same goes for my guarantor. When the leasing office ran the background check through CoreLogic for my guarantor (someone who will not even be living in the apartment) a totally different person came up with a criminal record. A different person with a different spelling of their first name, different middle name, different last name, different gender, and different race came up with a criminal record.

This is completely and totally CoreLogic's fault and not mine. So I have wasted 110$ to apply for an apartment thinking there would be no problem since my guarantor and I both have good credit and no criminal record. BUT NO. The stupid leasing office will not do anything further and CoreLogic is of no help. How is a company like this even in business? All I have read about them is how much they suck and I see 60 reviews just like my own where they are ruining innocent people's lives.

Original review: July 31, 2017

Was denied an apartment because of my criminal background check. I had a speeding ticket about 10 years ago but I paid it. I live a mild-mannered life, so there isn't anything really to blip out on my criminal background. I'm going to try and see what the deal is with these guys. I'll dispute it, and see if I can get a second opinion with a more reputable company.

Original review: June 23, 2017

CORELOGIC denied my apartment application because of a case that was DISMISSED WITHOUT PREJUDICE back in 2015. CORELOGIC blames the courts for not giving them updated information (such a professional excuse). So now I'm on day 17 of a possible 30 day "dispute investigation" just so a person sitting in a cubicle can eventually open a thin manila folder and verify that I paid my November rent in 2015. Can you please streamline your operations? I see your stock price is doing well but it's certainly not based on applicant satisfaction.

Original review: June 13, 2017

I've been renting in apartments for 6 years now, without issue. To my surprise, I was denied when I applied for a different apartment recently (which is significantly less rent than any of my other apartments, despite my income increasing year over year). I was absolutely shocked. When I contacted CoreLogic, they tried to explain how their "risk-rating" differs from a traditional credit score and that's why my score was over 150 points different than any other score anyone has ever run.

I asked the lady on the phone to explain in detail what on my report contributed to pegging me as high risk and all she could say was "actually your report looks really good, other than opening a few accounts within the last 3 years." The report shows everything paid on time, my usage of revolving credit is low, no loans or any debt, etc. etc. I asked if it was typical whether having recent accounts could have such a drastic impact on the report and she said not usually, but that's just the way it came back. However they run reports on people is a complete SCAM. I have no problem getting approved for a lease elsewhere.

Original review: May 20, 2017

Like many of the other reviews I too have had an experience with CoreLogic's background checks. My family and I decided to sell our home to downsize. So in this transition we decided to rent an apartment for year until we find the area we want to live in. My family and I have not lived in an apartment in over 10-11 years and we were denied because of criminal background history. This threw me totally off-guard because my husband is ex-military and a stand up citizen. We were in total shock.

When I asked the apartment complex to rerun the background check because I know that was not accurate I said if I have to go get a police report to prove that this is wrong I will. They refused to discuss the situation or even revisit the conversation. How horrible is that we sold our home thinking we will be able to move in by the first of June only to find out we have no place to go. This is enough to ruin someone's life. How in the world could this be even possible that they are promoting false information. This is really bad and that's not even the worst part. The worst part is they CoreLogic are so nonchalant like it's no big deal. I can imagine how often this happen on daily basis to someone with a common name. This is horrible and very unprofessional.

Original review: April 12, 2017

We (myself, my husband and daughter) have owned 2 homes over the past 25 years and decided to rent an apartment while in transition. We were denied an apartment due to an erroneous negative criminal background check against my husband from CoreLogic Rental Property Solution, LLC A.K.A. CoreLogic SafeRent. Despite providing SSNs, driver's license numbers, and other identifying information the background check that was provided by CoreLogic was for a person with a different first name, different middle name, and different birth year. My husband shares one of the most common names in the US, therefore, it is extremely likely that he will share the same name as thousands of other men including criminals.

Apparently CoreLogic does not put forth much of an effort to validate the data they collect and report. We were told SSN and driver's license are often not used by CoreLogic to conduct their background checks; only name and birth dates. It is obvious that CoreLogic does not distinguish between Christopher or Chis, William, Will, Billy or Bill, Samuel, Sam or Sammy, Johnny or John, Michael or Mike, etc. CoreLogic also does not consider birth years when linking data because apparently information from common names such as Ed ** 01/01/1980 and Eddie ** 01/01/1995 is often reported in the same CoreLogic report.

When I called CoreLogic asking why this information with very little exact matches was on his report, two different representative (Salina and Tiffany) simply said that is what came back when they used his name and date of birth. We were told to file a dispute but it could take up to 30 days to be corrected even after providing additional identifying documents to CoreLogic. After nearly 2 weeks and $1,200 ($600 per week) staying at an extended stay the erroneous information is still not corrected. We have lost the apartment we preferred and reluctant to spend another $250-$400 nonrefundable application fee for another apartment only to get the same report from CoreLogic. CoreLogic should be held liable for carelessly reporting erroneous information that negatively impact families' lives and being slow to validate and correct their data.

Original review: April 4, 2017

In 2013 I applied for a rental townhome and CoreLogic did the background check. I was denied. After insisting for a reason why I was denied the rental agent informed me I was a convicted sex felon from Texas. I was devastated, confounded. I never in my life been to Texas. Well after checking the rental agent discovered it was not me. But still was not comfortable with renting to me. I have never been in prison for anything. I prided myself in keeping my nose clean. Now I find myself afraid to apply for anything that requires a background. Things like this affect your life and had my wife not known I was with her at that time could have caused serious marriage problems. They removed the incorrect information. That was it. No apologies.

Original review: March 5, 2017

One month ago I got denied to rent a house. Didn't get an explanation. This is the first time I've ever gotten denied housing so I decided to rent an apartment instead. I applied online, and got approved. When I got to place, I noticed that my daughter's name was on the application as a primary tenant. I informed the place that I'm the only person renting. The leasing agent verified my ss#, DOB, all of the information was mine on the application, just the name for some reason was incorrect. I asked her to re-run it with my name because my daughter would not be staying in the apartment. After she re-ran it, using the correct name I got denied. Some reason, my NAME HAS BEEN BLACKLISTED, but my credit is good enough to rent. I make 5 times the amount of rent for the place I was applying for. What is that about??? She told me to contact the company CoreLogic.

They are closed on the weekend. I pulled a copy of my rental history report (www.rentalhistoryreport) and pulled my credit from all major 3 credit bureaus since I could not get in contact with anyone from CoreLogic. Nothing negative about rental history is any of the reports! I don't have a criminal background. I've worked in the same field for over 25 years. My debt to income ratio is not outrageous. I am asking everyone to file a complaint with your local attorney general under consumer protection on CoreLogic. Also report them to the Federal Trade Commission for under consumer protection. They have an F RATING with BBB.

We may have a class action lawsuit against this CoreLogic if they are getting working people unfairly denied for housing because the company is not abiding by the fair credit reporting act and negligently misrepresenting information to rental companies. Budget in Suites and other extended stay hotels are filled up with working people that are being displaced because they are being denied for housing unfairly. Families with working parents and children are becoming homeless due to these unfair practices. This must stop!!!

Original review: May 19, 2016

I applied to an apartment complex in Greensboro, NC. After countless visits to apartments I finally get to the one I liked and could really see myself living in for many years. I was denied by this company after a background check. The source of my denial you might ask? A debt owed to a landlord that was mistakenly put on a report from YEARS ago! Not only has the debt collector removed this but also the apartment complex but lo and behold Corelogic's outdated and incorrect computer systems still has it listed and was the reason I was denied.

Calling them is a complete waste of time. I was told to speak to one representative at the time by the name of Eliel. For some reason he is always away from his "desk" and never returns phone calls. Sounds as if there are only two people answering the phones in the whole place. This place is a JOKE! Tried to just give verification to the landlord of the prospective apartment complex and they can't accept that for whatever reason. How many days does it take to remove this mistake on THEIR behalf off of your account? 30 days!!! I cannot be more pissed off! We have to be out of our apartment soon and this poor excuse of a "safe rent" place isn't allowing good, respectable tenants to even be able to move into the home of their dreams because of their foolishness.

Original review: May 4, 2016

I recently applied for a few apartments here in Indianapolis, IN and was approved for one but not the other BECAUSE of this HORRIBLE company CoreLogic. What I am figuring out is that once there is ANYTHING negative on your report, CoreLogic holds it against you REGARDLESS of whether it's paid or not. Seems to be tone of a lot of these reports. I had a small balance that was owed to a previous complex (received the letter from a collection agency because I didn't know about it and I PAID IT IMMEDIATELY!) and it shows paid on all THREE of my reports.

Well... that wasn't good enough for these fraudsters. They claim I was denied because this was showing unpaid on my Experian report but when I pulled my credit, all 3 bureaus have been updated. Then they tell me they will "fix" THEIR mistake if I provide proof (which I did) but it takes 30-60 days and I can then reapply. Are you kidding me? Our lease is up in less than a month! WTF!!! To make matters worse, the complex will not accept ANY documentation showing it was paid... They have to go by whatever report they receive from CoreLogic. You suck CoreLogic. Thanks for screwing hardworking people such as myself. Why pay something off if it's just going to come back and bite you in the butt regardless?!?

Original review: April 19, 2016

I applied for some apartments called Meadowood townhomes in Canton, MI. I was told that my application was denied due to a landlord-tenant eviction on my credit report. I informed them that it couldn't be true and they gave me a number to call. I called CoreLogic SafeRent and sent them in the documents stating that it was incorrect. They removed it and I was informed that they will take it off. Jay the supervisor told me to have the company rerun my application and that it would come back approved because that was the only thing holding me up. I also have the paperwork and email to prove that. My application was submitted again and still denied. I called CoreLogic SafeRent and they stated there was nothing on my report that should of had me denied. I asked the apartment why I was denied and they stated they do not know. There was NO reason.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2016

I applied for an apartment lease after being a tenant at another apartment for 8 years. The new complex required CoreLogic SafeRent report. I was denied an apartment and requested a copy of the report. In the report was a listing for a male with a multi state sex offender listing that was 4 years younger than me and he was listed as black as I am white and had a different middle initial. When I called CoreLogic asking why this was listed, they simply said that is what came back. When I told that was not me and asked again why it was included in my file, "Andy" said again that is what came back. She then said I could file a dispute but the damage of losing the apartment was already done.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2015

So I went to apply for an apartment and was denied because of this company. I had not known anything of this company before this. The leasing office told me I was denied because of an unpaid collection. The collection had been paid previously but they don't have updated information. Which they told the leasing company to deny me. So now I have to wait 30 days for a dispute and 30 days to get my security deposit back.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2015

I have recently applied to two apartment complexes in Maryland. One in January and September. I was told that the max income was 27,500 by Novo Properties and they ran my credit and a rental background through Saferent and Corelogic - didn't know anything about these people. I have lost my home or apartment back in 2010 due to loss of job and unable to pay my electric bill which cause me to have a eviction. I have a discharge due to a bankruptcy and I have paid off and rent owed to the apartment complex. Why am I being denied an apartment I live with family and now it is time for me to move out on my own at 50 - and can't get an approval on an apartment. Who are these people and how do you get in touch with them. I waited on line for over 30-minutes today given all these number from their website and no one ever comes on the line - was transfer and hung up on.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2015

This is the message I sent to the park after finding out the name of the company that denied us entry into the park. We thought that was your park that declined us so we won't be making another offer on the home we WERE interested in. Why is it that we've applied to, AT LEAST, five parks out here and spent close to two hundred dollars in doing so, in the past year and your park is the only one that has declined us. I believe that it's because I have two liens against me from the IRS. And they are just that, liens. They did garnish some of my earnings for about a year but then I explained things to them and they stopped and no longer even attempt to take anything.. probably because of my explanation and the fact that I'm now 68 and have no other income other than a measly $222.02 pension and SS which is $1,075 not counting what my spouses income is.

When buying a car, which is the same thing as buying a mobile/manufactured home, medical debts and liens are NOT included in whether a person has the ABILITY TO PAY for such a purchase and it's just that THE ABILITY TO PAY that is to be considered. Why is it that your park does? I will copy this message and send it or call these people to explain the other park's guidelines to them. Evidently you lose a lot of people who are interested in purchasing a home in your park and why isn't the park trying to change their policy as it's only hurting you and the folks who are trying to sell their homes there.

We BOTH have over a 700 FICO credit rating and that seems to be the going approval rating at most parks from what I've learned over the past several years. We've lived in a park for almost three years which has a rent of $639 if it hasn't gone up in the past two years and you would think that they have pretty stringent guidelines. Since living there we've been accepted at the park we lived in back in Pa. and the park we now are living in Mesa.

I'll bet the people in your park are just tickled about this policy when they're told the prospective buyer was turned down and not told why in specific. I'm not sure if their policy is lawful or not or if it's to their discretion as to how they determine the qualifications of an applicant but I intend to find out. Thanks for your time and I will be in touch with these creeps as soon as I end this. I amended this to leave out specific names.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2015

It never dawned on me that a company such as CoreLogic existed, until I've been denied in an ideal apartment. Here's something that you may not know, that I've been informed of. When there's a court filing, such as an eviction or criminal, CoreLogic goes to random courts & takes your name, then file it in their database! It is not an apartment property, or whomever filed against you reporting you. IT IS CORELOGIC GOING THROUGH PUBLIC RECORDS & NOW YOUR NAME WILL REMAIN IN THEIR DATABASE FOR SEVEN YEARS! I am currently displaced, basically gainfully employed & homeless, because of this. There was even a filed case from where I lived for 3 years, but was late one month due to a short term leave from work! Call them and ask, "what can you do to have your name removed?" That is all.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2015

Lease is being held because they are tying my records to someone with a different middle name. NOT EVEN THE SAME NAME. They refuse to modify their report until they talk to ME - they would not let the leasing company advocate on my behalf even though their "investigation" is clearly 1/2 baked. The person has a different name. I have spent 2 hours on hold trying to just get someone on the phone and still sitting here waiting - on hold.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2015

My husband and I just applied for an apartment and of course they use CoreLogic for background checks. My husband has a very common name and we were not asked for any middle names or initials. We were denied the apartment because someone with the same first and last name was a convicted child predator and had quite a criminal background. The only other apartment complex in our area also uses the same company. As of right now we are all homeless. Has anyone thought of a class action lawsuit?

Original review: July 22, 2015

I applied for a few apartments in Indianapolis, IN. I was denied due to an arrest that was well over a year ago. I had been arrested for 2nd degree assault in Maryland but it was a domestic dispute between an ex and me. We had gone to court and had all charges dismissed and been granted the opportunity to expunge the records. The last date of the documents was dated July 14, 2014. I applied for the apartments on July 18, 2015. These records should have been updated and because of CoreLogic SafeRent, I was denied and now paying a lot more for storage fees, my boyfriend and I are living with a friend in a small space.

I called to dispute the report, and sat on hold for over 30 minutes each time I called. The first time I called, the woman was rude and all of a sudden her "computer went down". Left a message for the supervisor to call me back but no one ever did. This company is garbage and I do not see how people still use them. They have cost me so much money in just a months time frame. I reported them to the FTC (Free Trade Commission) for violating my rights and if things are not cleared up within a decent time frame, will be filing a lawsuit because of what they have done. I have never so much as had a speeding ticket and because my ex hit me and I fought back, I am being punished. I will not sit back and let them keep this on my record when it was expunged over a year ago.

Original review: June 16, 2015

Fort Wayne apartment complex refused to rent me a unit based on CoreLogic SafeRent's bogus Criminal Background Check. CoreLogic SafeRent provided false information to the landlord that I had a felony drug dealing conviction out of the Allen County Circuit Court Adult Felony Division when I was in the third grade. CoreLogic neglected to match SSN or DOB against court records during their criminal background check. If they had they would have discovered I was only 9 years old at the time. Time to talk to an attorney after customer service at CoreLogic SafeRent hung up on me.

Not sure about CoreLogic SafeRent?
    Take our two minute quiz to find the right Background Check Companies for you.

CoreLogic SafeRent expert review by ConsumerAffairs

CoreLogic provides a variety of services related to the real estate industry, including background checks, property tax management, loan modification, foreclosure audits and more. CoreLogic Rental Property Solutions acts as an advisor for multifamily property owners, including offer screenings for potential tenants.

• Collections alert: This services alerts landlords about applicants that do not have a good track record of paying their rent on time. This can include overdue rent and rent that is still unpaid. Anything reported by Collections Alert has generally not been reported to the major credit bureaus

• Convenience with cloud-based technology: CoreLogic Rental Property Solutions uses cloud technology to store and share data, making it easy for clients to access their information from anywhere.

• Range of services: In addition to running background checks on potential renters, CoreLogic Rental Property Solutions provides leasing solutions, renter's insurance and a range of services for property managers.

• Services for buildings of all sizes: Landlords with one to over 15,000 tenants can use the services CoreLogic Rental Property Solutions has to offer. Their products can smoothly integrate into existing systems.

• Speed: Because the tenant screening is completed online, the results can be returned to landlords in a matter of minutes.

• Best for: landlords and property managers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs

40 Pacifica, Suite 900
    Irvine
    www.corelogic.com

Want to know more?
    You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business