1.06/5

Need a background check company?

CoreLogic SafeRent

Need a background check company?

80 CoreLogic SafeRent Consumer Reviews

Original review: April 14, 2018

I applied for an apartment but CoreLogic reported that I had an eviction case filed and I was evicted. Which was not true. I was threatened by their representatives if I contacted an attorney they would make it hard for this issue to be resolved. I asked where did they get that information from. They claimed public records. Had another check by another company and there was no public record of case or eviction. Then they claimed they don't know where it came from but it will take 30 days for them to investigate. They are toxic destroying people lives with false inaccurate information.

Original review: May 29, 2018

I do not recommend using MyRental.com by CoreLogic. I recently used this service to screen a tenant and had some trouble understanding their report because compared to other screening websites I have used in the past, theirs is completely not user friendly. Let me rephrase that, it is user friendly through them getting your money. The actual reports are not reader friendly and offer no summary or interpretation of the information provided. I could not chat with a rep on the day that the report was authorized by my prospective tenant because it was a Holiday (totally understandable), so I waited until the next day to initiate a chat. The representative was so rude!

When asked for help understanding some of the numbers on the report, she said, "It is not possible for me to know every character on every report." Really? I'm sorry, isn't that your job? How user and reader friendly is a site if their own employees do not understand the reports? She kept telling me to look at the "guide", but the numbers I was asking about were not on the guide so I have NO clue what they meant. I told her that the numbers I was referring to were not on the guide, or if they were, I didn't see them. She could have easily looked at the guide and interpreted the report for me if in fact they were on there, but she literally told me she could not tell me what the report meant, but could only refer me to the guide. To make matters worse, there were several minutes that passed between each unhelpful reply of hers so it was just a complete waste of time and money.

Get expert buying tips about Background Check Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 16, 2018

I have been trying over a year to get CoreLogic to remove an inaccurate report placed under my name by a mortgage company. I sent them the letter from the attorney of the mortgage company stating I am not the person listed on the judgment. CoreLogic did an investigation and stated they are not removing the information because the 3 credit Bureaus are showing it on their reports. I checked with Transunion, Equifax and Experian, none of them show this inaccurate information. I have been trying to see how I can file a complaint with a federal agency or start a civil suit against this company. After reading the reviews I see that I am not alone. If there is anyone with information on how to report this company and their practices, please email me at **!

Original review: June 22, 2018

My husband, mother, and myself applied for an apartment lease this week through the same rental company we currently live in NRP but for another complex. My disabled mother needs a place to live and we need to upsize to a larger unit so she can move in with us. One was not available at our current complex we have lived at for 3 years so we decided to apply at another with a 4 bedroom unit.

To our SHOCK we were denied based on criminal background. We were stunned because none of us have a criminal background. So we came home and PAID to have my husband's criminal background check done through the department of public safety and another individual with my husbands same first, middle and last name came up but with a different spelling of the first name. Coincidentally this other man ALSO shares my husband's birthday of May 5th. HOWEVER, this man is **. My husband is **. This man has a long list of charges and arrests, and time in jail. Drug charges, weapons charges. We called CoreLogic to explain to them that this was not us, and asked them what information they had that came back; they told us drug and weapons charges.

We explained that that man is not my husband, and they asked to have us email a copy of my husband's ID over to them. WELL they gave us a bogus non working email address. So I cant even send them over that information to dispute this. I am beyond livid. My lease it up in 9 days, and we now have nowhere to move to. The other apartment doesnt even seem to care that the company they use screwed up and reported another person's criminal history as ours. They tell us we have to wait 120 days to reapply. WHY? Is that even legal? I have 3 kids and we will now be facing homelessness. This is not fair.

Original review: July 1, 2018

Reporting inaccurate information - Firstly, I applied for an apartment with Conifer LLC and there was a judgment which was vacated due to an amicable decision. I have the final judge's ruling which is not reported on my credit report. I am willing to provide the judge's ruling but they are saying that, "We only report public information."

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CoreLogic SafeRent?

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

Same as many others on here, they did a name (and supposedly dob) search and found someone in another state that we have never lived in, had drug charges. I find a more sensible explanation is that they make stuff up if someone has too many kids, are a minority, etc. For those of you asking, find your Fair Housing agency within your area. Sometimes it is at legal aid. Atlanta, GA area has Metro Fair Housing. They are investigating as this is causing us great financial harm (we had our house sold and now can't sell and are unable to move as most rental companies here use CoreLogic). They should be shut down and closed. It's a scam at best to get the money. They do NOT do real background reports. Also see and file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and your local Attorney General's office. I will not stop, as this has cost me $42,000... for NO REASON!!

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

To keep it brief, this agency wrongfully reported a criminal record on my consumer report. Thus, causing a recent rental application (for a new apartment) to get denied/rejected. With that said, I had to file a dispute and request for an investigation to have error fixed and cleared off of my record. Despite having to deal with their terrible customer service, unethical operations, and elongated investigation process (which took an entire month) — I finally was able to get my problem resolved and deleted off my report. Thank God!

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

They pay property taxes for my mortgage out of the escrow. They paid my property taxes then billed me for the same amount. Repeated calls got nowhere. I asked why they are billing me and was told it's to pay property taxes. I ask what they did with the money they took out of my escrow. They said they paid my property taxes with it and this is to pay them back. The pretty much just steal money.

Original review: April 17, 2019

My college aged daughter and her roommate have decided to rent an apartment for their last 2 years. They need co-signers in order to rent. I was sent an online co-signer application from CoreLogic by the landlord. I filled out the first page and hit the next button and was kicked off the app. I tried to sign back in but was not able to. The very next day, I was alerted that someone was trying to hack into my email addresses. Then I get an email that says the landlord has terminated my app. Then my daughter gets a text from the landlord that says the company will do my credit check. I got a bad feeling so I went online to check reviews. Needless to say, the girls rented a different apartment that doesn't use CoreLogic.

Original review: April 30, 2019

My husband and I applied for a rental home, all of our finances are correct as well as our credit history, but we were denied because this company reported my husband's criminal history incorrectly. Someone else with his name and last name, different age however, showed up under his report with a criminal past. We are working on this dispute right now but they are not being very helpful. He recently adjusted his immigration status and went through a thorough background check including fingerprint and FBI databases and came back as clean. I am not sure how this company works or how they can link 2 completely different people to provide a bogus report. Very frustrated with them!

CoreLogic SafeRent expert review by Ben Mannes

CoreLogic provides a variety of services related to the real estate industry, including background checks, property tax management, loan modification, foreclosure audits and more. CoreLogic Rental Property Solutions acts as an advisor for multifamily property owners, including offer screenings for potential tenants.

• Collections alert: This services alerts landlords about applicants that do not have a good track record of paying their rent on time. This can include overdue rent and rent that is still unpaid. Anything reported by Collections Alert has generally not been reported to the major credit bureaus

• Convenience with cloud-based technology: CoreLogic Rental Property Solutions uses cloud technology to store and share data, making it easy for clients to access their information from anywhere.

• Range of services: In addition to running background checks on potential renters, CoreLogic Rental Property Solutions provides leasing solutions, renter's insurance and a range of services for property managers.

• Services for buildings of all sizes: Landlords with one to over 15,000 tenants can use the services CoreLogic Rental Property Solutions has to offer. Their products can smoothly integrate into existing systems.

• Speed: Because the tenant screening is completed online, the results can be returned to landlords in a matter of minutes.

• Best for: landlords and property managers.

Profile picture of Ben Mannes
      Ben Mannes Home and Personal Security Expert

Ben Mannes is a noted subject matter expert in public safety, exam integrity and investigations. He began his work in public safety in 1994 and has a Master’s Degree in Organizational Leadership and a Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice from California Coast University. He is both a Certified Exam Security Professional and Certified Protection Professional.

CoreLogic SafeRent Company Information