1.06/5

Need a background check company?

CoreLogic SafeRent

Need a background check company?

80 CoreLogic SafeRent Consumer Reviews

Original review: March 13, 2018

Corelogic listed my husband as a felon because someone with the same first and last name is a felon. Social security numbers, middle name, and birthdate do not match up. We are moving in 10 days and they do not care to file a dispute, therefore leaving us homeless because we cannot find a rental, even though we've been renters for 8+ years with no bad marks. This has completely thrown a wrench in our lives, especially since isn't even our fault. Yet here we are fighting to get a name cleared when we have no convictions.

Original review: March 13, 2018

My fiance and I applied for an apartment that uses SafeRent to conduct background checks. We both have excellent credit, no unpaid rent or evictions, and a squeaky clean criminal background -- neither of us has gotten as much as a speeding ticket. We were shocked to find out that we had been denied with the apartment complex as a result of criminal findings against my fiance. SafeRent pulled a laundry list of criminal records from a different person and attached them to my fiance's file. We are now having to go through an appeals process just to get them to do the job right! We are at risk of losing the apartment and our application fee due to this company's idiocy. It seems that the company does not use a SSN to conduct background checks. I would stay FAR away from any apartment complex that uses CoreLogic SafeRent to conduct background checks!

Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

I have been renting apartments for over 10 years. I have a great rental history. My credit score isn't super and I told this new apartment building I've been waiting to get in that my credit wasn't perfect and they said, "That's okay. Just come in anyways," so I did. I filled out the application. I also gave them a $500 deposit. CoreLogic Rental Property Solutions denied me for an incident that was dismissed through the courts. I am now fighting it because I am a victim of domestic violence and I am stuck now in this apartment afraid to leave.

I've been denied by three places and I believe it's because of this dismissed incident. I sent in paperwork showing it was dismissed. They never received it. Then

I faxed it in. They did not receive that. I eventually had to email it and finally two days later they said they did receive it and I should call back once a week to see what the results are. I don't understand what happened to calling landlords and this company seems to be notoriously wrong... What is going on?

Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

CoreLogic/Credco released FALSE information about my credit to BlueChip Financial which then released same false information to other Credit Report Agencies. I file a complaint against CoreLogic and their customer services representatives that wanted to speak with me in Spanish a language I don't speak. This credit report company should not be permitted to do this type of business that cause customers to suffer the bad consequences of their poor services.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

This company CREDCO pulled my credit unauthorized 2 times in 10 days and counting. I looked them up and am amazed to see what everyone else has experienced also. This cannot be legal. If an attorney or the FTC sees this please contact us to file a CLL. Also heard Wells Fargo is affiliated to this group which explains a lot. Thank you!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CoreLogic SafeRent?

Original review: Aug. 17, 2017

THIS COMPANY SUCKS!!! I was denied an apartment two days ago because of the idiots at CoreLogic. I have a good credit score and have committed ZERO crimes - the same goes for my guarantor. When the leasing office ran the background check through CoreLogic for my guarantor (someone who will not even be living in the apartment) a totally different person came up with a criminal record. A different person with a different spelling of their first name, different middle name, different last name, different gender, and different race came up with a criminal record.

This is completely and totally CoreLogic's fault and not mine. So I have wasted 110$ to apply for an apartment thinking there would be no problem since my guarantor and I both have good credit and no criminal record. BUT NO. The stupid leasing office will not do anything further and CoreLogic is of no help. How is a company like this even in business? All I have read about them is how much they suck and I see 60 reviews just like my own where they are ruining innocent people's lives.

Original review: July 31, 2017

Was denied an apartment because of my criminal background check. I had a speeding ticket about 10 years ago but I paid it. I live a mild-mannered life, so there isn't anything really to blip out on my criminal background. I'm going to try and see what the deal is with these guys. I'll dispute it, and see if I can get a second opinion with a more reputable company.

Original review: June 23, 2017

CORELOGIC denied my apartment application because of a case that was DISMISSED WITHOUT PREJUDICE back in 2015. CORELOGIC blames the courts for not giving them updated information (such a professional excuse). So now I'm on day 17 of a possible 30 day "dispute investigation" just so a person sitting in a cubicle can eventually open a thin manila folder and verify that I paid my November rent in 2015. Can you please streamline your operations? I see your stock price is doing well but it's certainly not based on applicant satisfaction.

Original review: June 13, 2017

I've been renting in apartments for 6 years now, without issue. To my surprise, I was denied when I applied for a different apartment recently (which is significantly less rent than any of my other apartments, despite my income increasing year over year). I was absolutely shocked. When I contacted CoreLogic, they tried to explain how their "risk-rating" differs from a traditional credit score and that's why my score was over 150 points different than any other score anyone has ever run.

I asked the lady on the phone to explain in detail what on my report contributed to pegging me as high risk and all she could say was "actually your report looks really good, other than opening a few accounts within the last 3 years." The report shows everything paid on time, my usage of revolving credit is low, no loans or any debt, etc. etc. I asked if it was typical whether having recent accounts could have such a drastic impact on the report and she said not usually, but that's just the way it came back. However they run reports on people is a complete SCAM. I have no problem getting approved for a lease elsewhere.

Original review: May 20, 2017

Like many of the other reviews I too have had an experience with CoreLogic's background checks. My family and I decided to sell our home to downsize. So in this transition we decided to rent an apartment for year until we find the area we want to live in. My family and I have not lived in an apartment in over 10-11 years and we were denied because of criminal background history. This threw me totally off-guard because my husband is ex-military and a stand up citizen. We were in total shock.

When I asked the apartment complex to rerun the background check because I know that was not accurate I said if I have to go get a police report to prove that this is wrong I will. They refused to discuss the situation or even revisit the conversation. How horrible is that we sold our home thinking we will be able to move in by the first of June only to find out we have no place to go. This is enough to ruin someone's life. How in the world could this be even possible that they are promoting false information. This is really bad and that's not even the worst part. The worst part is they CoreLogic are so nonchalant like it's no big deal. I can imagine how often this happen on daily basis to someone with a common name. This is horrible and very unprofessional.

CoreLogic SafeRent Company Information