1.07/5
Based on 75 reviews that contain star ratings

Need a background check company?

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

78 CoreLogic SafeRent Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 12, 2015

My husband and I just applied for an apartment and of course they use CoreLogic for background checks. My husband has a very common name and we were not asked for any middle names or initials. We were denied the apartment because someone with the same first and last name was a convicted child predator and had quite a criminal background. The only other apartment complex in our area also uses the same company. As of right now we are all homeless. Has anyone thought of a class action lawsuit?

Original review: July 22, 2015

I applied for a few apartments in Indianapolis, IN. I was denied due to an arrest that was well over a year ago. I had been arrested for 2nd degree assault in Maryland but it was a domestic dispute between an ex and me. We had gone to court and had all charges dismissed and been granted the opportunity to expunge the records. The last date of the documents was dated July 14, 2014. I applied for the apartments on July 18, 2015. These records should have been updated and because of CoreLogic SafeRent, I was denied and now paying a lot more for storage fees, my boyfriend and I are living with a friend in a small space.

I called to dispute the report, and sat on hold for over 30 minutes each time I called. The first time I called, the woman was rude and all of a sudden her "computer went down". Left a message for the supervisor to call me back but no one ever did. This company is garbage and I do not see how people still use them. They have cost me so much money in just a months time frame. I reported them to the FTC (Free Trade Commission) for violating my rights and if things are not cleared up within a decent time frame, will be filing a lawsuit because of what they have done. I have never so much as had a speeding ticket and because my ex hit me and I fought back, I am being punished. I will not sit back and let them keep this on my record when it was expunged over a year ago.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
    Original review: June 16, 2015

Fort Wayne apartment complex refused to rent me a unit based on CoreLogic SafeRent's bogus Criminal Background Check. CoreLogic SafeRent provided false information to the landlord that I had a felony drug dealing conviction out of the Allen County Circuit Court Adult Felony Division when I was in the third grade. CoreLogic neglected to match SSN or DOB against court records during their criminal background check. If they had they would have discovered I was only 9 years old at the time. Time to talk to an attorney after customer service at CoreLogic SafeRent hung up on me.

Original review: June 4, 2015

I recently accepted a job in Fort Worth. The offer letter states that I have until the end of June to relocate or it expires. I have a single conviction of simple possession of schedule 2 about 10 years ago. I've never had any other problems with the law prior to or since. I finally found a place that me and my wife felt comfortable with that accepted my past record with only one conviction as long as it was over 7 years. The apartment management uses CoreLogic to do their screening. After paying for the screening I was denied due to having 2 convictions. I told them that wasn't true. They gave me a number to call and dispute the report. So I called and after 45 minutes someone answers and stated that they show 2 convictions. One for possession and one for intent to sell. I explained that I was only convicted of possession. The officer can charge you with anything they like but it was proved in court that I did not have intent to sell.

I ask the person at CoreLogic “Does it say I was convicted?” and they said that it said I pleaded guilty. I told them I only pleaded guilty for possession. I have always been honest about my past and have had several background checks though the years and none have ever made this claim. I filed a dispute report and they said that they would investigate. I even called and got records from the clerk of the court to prove my claim. After a few days I called back to CoreLogic and ask for the status of my dispute and they said it was taken care of and that I only had one charge for simple possession and it had been corrected in the system. Well, I thought it was resolved so I called back to the apartment management and told them it had been taken care of and they had made a mistake and to please run the report again.

They did and when they got the report back from core logic it said I was denied due to having intent to sell and possession convictions! Same as before! Wow! I told her they said it was corrected in the system. In fact the lady at CoreLogic read it to me off of her computer screen. CoreLogic is a rip-off! They may also keep me from getting $89,000.00 a year job due to me not being able to get a place to move to. I'm not sure what to do and I don't know my rights. They should be more careful and realize that they can be responsible for ruining people's lives. It's imperative that the information they report be nothing but exact and perfectly correct!

Original review: May 26, 2015

SafeRent was run exactly one year ago. I live in the apartment now. Since I am renewing my lease, another SafeRent was run on me. I am now told because of my criminal background, which I do not have, I can no longer occupy my apartment. I have never once been late with any payment for rent. I contacted the DA's office and an attorney. Tomorrow I will visit with the Sheriff's Office, my attorney and an assistant DA. SafeRent messed with the wrong person and I am paying my attorney extra to go after CoreLogic SafeRent and possibly file charges against the company. I am looking forward to tomorrow when I go full nuclear against them. They want to play with my life, I am going after them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CoreLogic SafeRent?

Original review: May 16, 2015

I got an update from Credit Karma on my phone, stating that a hard credit check was performed by SAFERENT. I saw reviews on here and was like what the hell is going on? I'm not applying for a credit check for an apartment or any type of rental. So I was curious as to WHY they decided to hit my credit by doing so. I'm not happy. The only ones that are supposed to be doing a background check on me is the FBI so I can immigrate to Aus. I'm sure the FBI doesn't need to utilize a petty little company such as SAFERENT. Now I'm stuck with a hard credit check on my credit for TWO years.

Original review: April 28, 2015

We interacted with CoreLogic as a 3rd party company with our mortgage company Bank of America. They provided unbelievably terrible service. Their representatives did not have any sense of urgency around helping us resolve an issue that was preventing us from closing on our home. The particular representative we were dealing with was frequently out of the office or unavailable making quick turnaround nearly impossible. I would not recommend dealing with this company or outsourcing any work to them for your business.

Original review: April 10, 2015

My girlfriend and I recently applied for residency at a local apartment complex, who evidently uses this "SafeRent" company to perform background checks on potential residents. The paperwork was all submitted successfully, and I was charged (without issue, I might add) the required application fees (more than one resident). The application was deemed "pending". I contacted the leasing office to inquire about it, and it turns out this "SafeRent" (a segment of CoreLogic) company returned a criminal record of drug possession somewhere in Texas. My girlfriend and I live in North Carolina, and neither of us have EVER lived or been to Texas.

I then took the necessary steps to dispute the fraudulent accusation to see if we could move forward and possibly still hold the apartment for our desired move-in date. The dispute process is "a first-come-first-serve" situation, and could take up to 30 days to resolve. I would also like to mention the attitude of the employees I dealt with when addressing this issue; every time I contacted the company, their representatives seemed miserable, and borderline unwilling to assist me in correcting this obvious error/mix-up. On top of that, they mistreated my girlfriend and were completely rude in every aspect imaginable when she contacted them to give her information for the dispute filing.

Moving forward, I will not apply to any apartment complexes who employ this company for background checks. It is completely unacceptable and unreasonable to make wild accusations and potentially defame my girlfriend's character. All they used for the background check was the first/last name, and birth date...no middle name (or initial), no social security number, nothing. Any idiot can tell you a criminal history check and credit check should both be done with SSNs. Completely disgusted with this company and their lack of professionalism and accuracy/efficiency.

Original review: March 11, 2015

I travel for work around the United States and been doing so for the past 22 years and have lived in several States in the US. This requires background checks for every place that I have rented. So now I'm in Virginia, will be here about 18 months so I submitted a rental application for Loudoun Heights apartments in Sterling, VA. They employ Core Logic Safe Rent to do their Credit/background checks so I was denied.

I called SafeRent and inquired what was on my file. They stated that there was a misdemeanor charge back in 1991. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? They are going back 24 years. I requested them to send me their report. Believe me, in my 20s, I was no saint. However I wasn't a felon! I'm 51 years old now and that was the only thing that they could find and deny my application. This company is pathetic!!!

I then called my second choice apartment. GUESS WHAT? They use the same pathetic company. I didn't even waste my time. Fortunately I have a great Real Estate agent that is working on getting me a town house or house so apartment complex loses the money. Some people really count on getting that apartment. It is very unfortunate that this company's practices are affecting people's lives. They shouldn't be able to get away with it!!!

Original review: March 5, 2015

I applied for an apartment and was denied. The property manager asked me if I ever owed a previous landlord. Confused, I replied no. She told me to call SafeRent and request a copy of the report. Later in the day, I called SafeRent and requested the paperwork. They told me it will take 5 business days. The next day I called to see exactly why I was denied, it was eating at my brain; I owed no previous landlord. They told me that I had a court record. I said, "a court record?" The lady said, "yes, from 2008; it says dismissed". I said yes, it was dismissed as a landlord tried to evict me fraudulently. Since he was caught, the case was dismissed (we did not even go to court) and he was fired. I also continued to live at the same property for an additional three years under new management, of course.

I said, "why is it on my record now, it's 2015? I never had this problem before." She said I would have to call the court (which I am no longer in the same state of). I called the court who confirmed it is dismissed but said they had no control over it being on my record. I called SafeRent back and ask if they can remove it from their database since they see it is dismissed. They told me I had to have the case sealed or expunged in order for it not to show up. I laughed. I do not need to have the case sealed or expunged. I do not need to hide anything. The case is a dismissed case and should not appear on my record at all. It was not a judgment.

I requested a supervisor after she told me I could dispute it, but it will only be removed from their database if the case is sealed and expunged with the court. I requested a supervisor again and I was then transferred to the hold line. I hung up. I will definitely be fighting this with SafeRent. Their customer service severely sucks. I am not sure why property managers uses them.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2015

While transferring with the federal government, I applied for an apartment that uses CoreLogic safe rent to conduct background checks. Yet, they do not use the person's social security number. So, they report false information on people which causes them to be unable to obtain rentals. Not only am I losing the apartment, but I am also losing $1400 and applications fees because they have a move in special with one month free. Therefore, I contacted safe rent to dispute the findings. I am getting no where with them.

I am a federal employee for the Department of Justice and have background checks conducted every 5 years. The person they are confusing me with on the background check does not even have the same name as me or the same birthday. In fact, for the year they are referring to, I was not married, thus my name was not even close to the person's name they are linking me to. The only similarity is the year we were born. Based on the information I obtained online and from what Safe Rent provided, it appears that the person may be in jail.

If you go two the company website, there are tons of complaints for same type of issue. I have called the company every day and sometimes 2 times a day and am getting nowhere. Please, please help with this. I think if a company is going to conduct a background check and report information, they should certainly use the applicant's social security number.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2015

Before I signed up to this site, I read up on the CoreLogic who did my criminal background check for an apartment in Virginia. 95% of the complaints were similar to mine. The inaccurate results due to mismatch names, wrong genders, wrong ethnicity. I had a criminal background check done over the weekend and I was denied. The results were, I was convicted of a sexual assault in 2011. This was totally a surprise to me as I am a private investigator myself. How in the work could I have been convicted of any crime and get a job as an investigator! So, I called and complained that they need to get their background checks together, because this could definitely ruin someone's chances of getting that dream job if CoreLogic does their background checks. I hope you all are taking this further than just posting this complaints. Its your livelihood that could be on the line.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2015

The only thing more unprofessional than this company are the companies that pay for CoreLogic SafeRent "screening" service. They don't look up people by SSN, they look them up by their names, so if someone with a record has a similar name to you [which is rather common and happened to me!], you're screwed and have to deal with their terrible customer service while scrambling to make things right and trying to assure your prospective employer/housing/etc that this company has made a mistake. Shame on this company for their ridiculous service, which they charge for! Use the SSN idiots and you will save your customers, the end-user and yourselves a lot of time!

Original review: Dec. 12, 2014

Ok, So here is it. I am actually transferring with my job from New York to Atlanta. I thought finding an apartment would be easy. Truth be told it easy to be denied, especially with this company Core Logic. The apartment complex I was applying to is called Carrington Ridge apartments, located in Stockbridge, Ga. The rep Tiffany was very patient and helpful with us. She said they just switched to this company and that she is sorry that we got denied. Now, the reasons why she denied us is because when they checked my fiancé’s background, which she states that she couldn't see exactly why it was denied, but something due to criminal background history. So she gave my fiancé the number to contact Core Logic to see why, so when he called and spoke to one of the reps there, they said that it came stating that "Arrest for marijuana possession and drinking in public, in Virginia." He has never even lived in Virginia ever!!!!!! Then he told them “Can you run my info by my middle name?” And when they did that something else popped up: Some sort of arrest in Texas for drugs. Which once again he has never lived in Texas either.

Let me give some history, this cannot be true about my future husband is because he works for law enforcement day in and day out. He actually carries a weapon, which is part of his job. He would not be employed in law enforcement if this were to be true. He clearly has to go through intense background screening and fingerprinted. So this company needs to get it together seriously. They need to stop bashing people’s background. Also we told them to run it by his social, they said they can’t do it that way. THEN ALL IN ALL, they figured that it wasn't my fiancé and that it would take 30 days for it to be disputed. I don't have 30 days, my job already transferred me and I needed a place to live with my 4 year old as well and for him to be enrolled into school. How could I do all of this and then to be denied? Can't enroll him into a district that isn't going to guarantee a place to stay. I mean these places have all your info and still process it the way they want. Why ask for our S.S if you’re only going to input in the data base first, last name and DOB? Makes no sense to me.

Then so I tried to put my sister on the lease with me and still same **. According to Tiffany she said when she ran my sister’s background it came back that she was evicted before. Which once again is not true, wrong person. So then my sister contacted them, and they stated that they don't see anything on her report like that and that she needs to build up more credit. Which is why she had been denied, sounds more logical. But like I said, no one has it together because according to Tiffany from Carrington Ridge Apartments, she said that it was because of an eviction on the report, but then came back and said that when they do it themselves (apartment complex) they don't see what exactly comes up. They just see that the applicant gets denied. I mean which one is it? You either see it or you don't, so I don't know where she saw that my sister has been evicted from a place before.

But like I said when my sister contacted Core logic they didn't see that had came up on her background. I mean something needs to be done. According to Tiffany, this always happens with Core logic as well, due to common names… Well duh that’s why we have different SS numbers that can help distinguish issues we have in today’s world we live in. There is a lot of identity theft, but they need to make their process faster so people need to not to be more stressed about this on top of what they are already going through, like a huge transition to a new state and place. They totally besmirch my fiancé’s name with false inquiries and my sister’s. I wonder if they did a background check on Uncle Sam what would come up, now that would be a different story or how about Bush or Obama? I mean I could go on. But they are totally ripping people off the apartment complexes, knowing some bogus info is going to pop up and there is nothing that can be done, because the fee is non-refundable.

It’s all about money making and this company as well as to the companies using them needs to be shut down, and totally be a huge law suit against them. Point in case, nothing has been resolved as of yet. It’s sad to say after reading the reviews before mine, it’s like history repeating itself. So if anyone who is reads this, please be fully aware because this is all true. I wish I knew what company this apartment complex was using before I even applied and wasted my time. So sad but very true! Core logic Sucks!!! I am so stressed, with a heart condition as well, got my hopes up to be shot right down.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2014

Applies for an apartment and were denied because of the background check conducted by this company. Even though we supplied SSN and DL they still matched us to a crime committed in a state we had never even been in. Out of all the apartments we have rented, and purchases we have made this is this first time we have ever had this come up. They said the issue would be resolved in 30 days, however we haven't heard anything from them. It resulted in us losing $225 on an apartment because of this. The company doesn’t conduct proper background checks at all.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2014

First have last name of ** - was denied by Saferent to lease mh lot due to their criminal background check. Have never committed a crime ever and did my own background checks (multiple) sources and found nothing, on the right me proving their info is tainted to say the least and to take up to a month to clear it up is not helpful either. Probably will lose mh purchase because of them. They should really check background info good before they condemn and they sure aren't worth the $30 - $60 they charge with their false info.

Original review: July 9, 2014

My husband and I applied for an apartment, and the company denied my husband's application because they have him linked to some guy with a "similar" name and "similar" DL # who has a criminal record and lives in a state where my husband has NEVER EVEN BEEN. My husband has a Global Entry card because he travels a lot with work. That card required an FBI background check so he can now enter the Country without going through customs... but this company denied his application to get an apartment and refused to help get the situation resolved in less than 30 days. This is completely ridiculous and scary since a lot of companies are using these people to check backgrounds. They can say anything they want and you can do nothing.

Original review: July 5, 2014

I applied at an apt community in Richmond Va December 2013 and was approved no deposit. I rescinded the application because I wasn't quite ready to move. I applied at the exact same community July 2014 and was denied and the apartment community could not tell me why. So I called back and I told them to make sure they put all my information in correctly because it is no way that's possible, especially considering the fact I just purchased a brand new 2014 car not even a week ago and there is nothing derogatory on my credit. I think it's stupid. They don't have info to give you and you have to call all these people to find out what's going on... Corelogic rent is a joke.

Original review: May 8, 2014

They did not put my SSI income in so I got a low score. I told them I was disabled and on SSI. They did not care. I'm still homeless. I passed the criminal background check. The management refused to put in another app with my income. I gave them my SSI award letter - still no help.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2014

Me and my boyfriend, applied for an apartment in Ga., and when they ran a background check, I was denied because the information that they got back on me wasn't even right, all the info was on someone else that had the same name and date of birth, but wasn't me. They described the person and I knew it wasn't me but was still denied at the apartment complex. Till it could all be taken care of but I'm not even sure I would want to live there. If they want to use the company, they use to do background checks. We have lived in other places and wasn't denied and it's just not right. It is really crazy, if you ask me.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2014

Recently I applied for an apartment. They did a criminal background check using this company. A few days later I was called and notified that I was declined due to background. I know there is nothing on my background as I have never been in trouble for anything, not even a speeding ticket. Also due to my job, who runs fingerprints and complete background checks, I knew it to be clean. I went to the property and spoke to the leasing agent and explained all this to her. She informed me that the screening company does not fully disclose to them anything, but she did give me contact information for the screening company.

Upon leaving her office I immediately called them. In speaking to the customer relations department I was informed that they do not use social security numbers when doing the checks, only name and date of birth. I have never heard such a thing. So basically anyone who has the same name and date of birth can cause you to be red flagged, which is what happened to me. She told me she would forward my case to the dispute department and it would take 1-2 weeks to fix. After hanging up with her I immediately called the property back and spoke to them, they said they were unaware of the fact that the background checks did not use social security numbers to get the accurate person's information.

After speaking to the property I called a family friend, who is an attorney. I explained everything to him and he told me that if they aren't using social security numbers, they aren't doing an actual accurate background check and that what they are doing can be followed up with legal action because it is basically character defamation. This is completely unethical for them to be passing themselves off as a reputable company to do background checks and they really aren't. We'll see what happens with this dispute, but I would recommend others stay away from this company. If you are applying somewhere ask them who they use and if it is this company, request they use someone else.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2014

While applying for a new apartment lease, I obtained a copy of my file with Core Logic Safe Rent. There were numerous errors that were impairing my ability to rent a residence. Despite multiple letters and phone calls to Safe Rent over many months, this company refused to properly investigate or update my report. After conducting some research online, I learned that Safe Rent was previously sued by the U.S. Federal Government for violations of the Fair Credit Reporting Act. Safe Rent refuses to properly investigate consumer complaints as required by the Fair Credit Reporting Act. Despite having a Judgment entered against them by the U.S. Federal Government, including the Federal Trade Commission, ordering a Permanent Injunction and significant financial fines, this company continues to violate the law. I filed a complaint with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau against Safe Rent, and urge others to do the same. This company's unethical conduct must be stopped!

Original review: Dec. 24, 2013

Applied for an apartment complex which uses the CoreLogic background check. Later that evening, after being approved based on credit and all other criteria, I received a phone call from the apartment complex stating that based upon a criminal record I was denied. CoreLogic is an absolute joke. After asking for all forms of identification for their background check, they decided not to use the social and/or even my name given in huge forms. They ran a criminal check on alias and similar names born on the same day as myself. This caused a problem when another name close to mine pulled a criminal record across the country.

Problem is that once I contacted them, the person's record in question that now was attached to mine isn't even the same spelling, initials and/or even gender. They verified that the information they provided was inaccurate, however, they had to submit forms to the state's law enforcement and have them sign off that she was not me etc... This provided a denial at the housing until they received paperwork signed from said law enforcement and CoreLogic which could take up to 30 days. When asked why they didn't use my social and any of the information I provided on my background check, CoreLogic's representatives, which at this point had been four separate useless individuals, all stated that that was not how they ran background checks and their hands were tied. They wouldn't run my check again using my social and were thoroughly irresponsible and rude. Their dispute department, or as I like to call it, incompetence department was just that. Thanks, CoreLogic for the misrepresentation and therefore lack of acceptance into the housing unit.

You can rest assured that I will be doing whatever research and filing as many complaints as one can and if there is any legal action that can be taken, I will make it my sole priority to do so. You are irresponsibly providing false information from random background checks which affect honest hardworking folks from being accepted. Nothing quite as nice as having to clean up your mess. Thanks again CoreLogic and may you be forced into bankruptcy and criminal charges.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2013

I've lived in apartments for 10 years. Never had an issue until this week: I applied for a place in Decatur, Ga. All was well until I was told I couldn't live there based on my "criminal background". The rental woman just kept prattling on - but I had no damns to give about the apartment at that point, I wanted to know what the hell was on my criminal background! Turns out it's someone WITH A DIFFERENT NAME. Oh but it gets better: IT'S A MAN which is clear since the person is a JR. Still better: IT'S A WHITE MAN - I AM A BLACK WOMAN. And here's the final kicker: According to the newspaper, HE'S BEEN IN JAIL ON FEDERAL CHARGES SINCE 2011.

Wow. I was told I would have to resolve my complaint with them by sending picture ID and that within two-to-four weeks, blah blah blah. The apartment knows it's not me, I know it's not me, hell even the CoreLogic people acknowledged it was not me. But until the little paper says it's not me, I can't live there. The apartment place said they would hold the spot but honestly, do I really want to deal with a place that has no protocol for something this ridiculous? Probably not. This place is really bad news.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2013

The apartment that I applied at said they go through SafeRent for discrimination purposes. But I have still been discriminated against. I paid off a car, MLGW, and a early move out fee that was on my credit and had to move out of a house that I was buying because of theft and it closed. I make way more than I did when all these mishaps occurred and just want a second chance. But I tried 3 places that all use SafeRent and NO SECOND CHANCE!!

Original review: Oct. 8, 2013

I have been renting in government housing for almost 7 years now. I tried to move to a larger apartment in another complex and SafeRent gave them a totally false report that I was a bad tenant! I have never been late on my rent, sometimes paying ahead and hardly go out of my apartment as I suffer many medical problems! Thanks, idiots, for destroying my life with your lies!!

Original review: Sept. 2, 2013

I applied for an apartment at Ribault Bay in Atlantic Beach, FL. The lady at the office told me my medical bills and school loans would be overlooked. My son and I were planning on moving in. We made over $5000 a month, but were turned down by CoreLogic SafeRent. We do not have any criminal backgrounds at all. I will call them in the morning to find out.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2013

I submitted an application for an apartment that is managed by WRH Realty on August 19, 2013. After my credit check cleared, I was denied due to criminal history that was reported by CoreLogic SafeRent. The information CoreLogic provided was not only untrue, it is slanderous and defamatory. The apartment complex, which I really wanted to live in by the way, sent me a copy of the report. My name is spelled incorrectly and the information that is provided states I was arrested, convicted, and am currently on felony probation.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2013

I wholeheartedly believe everyone that posted here is a good individual, and this CoreLogic company screws honest & hardworking people out of an apartment.

I'm quite certain this company just spews out random information - it seems to have a predatory nature towards low-income & tax credit housing... CoreLogic has somehow managed to swindle them into believing their information is accurate and screening out prospective bad tenants, when in actuality, it seems to be doing the opposite. This isn't a humanitarian company that helps either side; it's just out for money. They have their foot in the door with apartment complexes, and they need to get out.

My girlfriend and I were denied an apartment that used this junk-site company. They stated I owed another apartment a quaintly large sum of money. This figure or claim is incorrect. There's nothing on my legitimate credit showing I owe anyone anything. In future applications, I'll make certain whatever apartment I move into doesn't use CoreLogic SafeRent, since then I'll know the management can't even make an effort to research a company they're depending on to decide for them? Simply type in "Corelogic review"....and Voila, the truth.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2013

On August 11, 2013, I paid a $50.00 application fee to an apartment complex. The apartment complex corporate office uses Core Logic Safe Rent as a vendor to perform criminal background checks on perspective applicants. The background check specifically asked for my SSN, name, birth date, and two most recent home addresses. I ensured that all of the information input to the database was correct and I gave my current address for Texas and the recent address for Illinois.

On August 13, 2013, I called the apartment complex to ask about my background check, and I was told by a representative that my application was denied because of a criminal background. The representative gave me the number to Core Logic Safe Rent. I called the Core Logic Safe Rent to inquire about the issue. I spoke with a representative by the name of Ele. Ele verified my SSN, name, birth date, home address, and credit report prior to telling me about the incidents on the criminal background report. Ele stated the criminal background check showed under the name Jennifer ** with the same birth date, in three different counties in Oregon. Ele also stated that I have a common name and the background check was processed through a public database.

I asked him why Core Logic Safe Rent would ask for my SSN, if they were going to run my name through a public database. Nevertheless, Core Logic Safe Rent sent a criminal background under Jennifer ** with 36 criminal records, and falsely stated the criminal record was mine. Also, Ele showed very poor customer service. In addition, the representative at the apartment complex is under the impression that Core Logic Safe Rent processes that background check under the SSN, and not through a public database. This company is incapable of processing an accurate background check.

CoreLogic SafeRent Company Information