2. Background Check Companies

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.06/5

CoreLogic SafeRent Reviews

Original review: July 1, 2018

Reporting inaccurate information - Firstly, I applied for an apartment with Conifer LLC and there was a judgment which was vacated due to an amicable decision. I have the final judge's ruling which is not reported on my credit report. I am willing to provide the judge's ruling but they are saying that, "We only report public information."

Original review: June 22, 2018

My husband, mother, and myself applied for an apartment lease this week through the same rental company we currently live in NRP but for another complex. My disabled mother needs a place to live and we need to upsize to a larger unit so she can move in with us. One was not available at our current complex we have lived at for 3 years so we decided to apply at another with a 4 bedroom unit.

To our SHOCK we were denied based on criminal background. We were stunned because none of us have a criminal background. So we came home and PAID to have my husband's criminal background check done through the department of public safety and another individual with my husbands same first, middle and last name came up but with a different spelling of the first name. Coincidentally this other man ALSO shares my husband's birthday of May 5th. HOWEVER, this man is **. My husband is **. This man has a long list of charges and arrests, and time in jail. Drug charges, weapons charges. We called CoreLogic to explain to them that this was not us, and asked them what information they had that came back; they told us drug and weapons charges.

We explained that that man is not my husband, and they asked to have us email a copy of my husband's ID over to them. WELL they gave us a bogus non working email address. So I cant even send them over that information to dispute this. I am beyond livid. My lease it up in 9 days, and we now have nowhere to move to. The other apartment doesnt even seem to care that the company they use screwed up and reported another person's criminal history as ours. They tell us we have to wait 120 days to reapply. WHY? Is that even legal? I have 3 kids and we will now be facing homelessness. This is not fair.

Original review: June 16, 2018

I have been trying over a year to get CoreLogic to remove an inaccurate report placed under my name by a mortgage company. I sent them the letter from the attorney of the mortgage company stating I am not the person listed on the judgment. CoreLogic did an investigation and stated they are not removing the information because the 3 credit Bureaus are showing it on their reports. I checked with Transunion, Equifax and Experian, none of them show this inaccurate information. I have been trying to see how I can file a complaint with a federal agency or start a civil suit against this company. After reading the reviews I see that I am not alone. If there is anyone with information on how to report this company and their practices, please email me at **!

Original review: May 29, 2018

I do not recommend using MyRental.com by CoreLogic. I recently used this service to screen a tenant and had some trouble understanding their report because compared to other screening websites I have used in the past, theirs is completely not user friendly. Let me rephrase that, it is user friendly through them getting your money. The actual reports are not reader friendly and offer no summary or interpretation of the information provided. I could not chat with a rep on the day that the report was authorized by my prospective tenant because it was a Holiday (totally understandable), so I waited until the next day to initiate a chat. The representative was so rude!

When asked for help understanding some of the numbers on the report, she said, "It is not possible for me to know every character on every report." Really? I'm sorry, isn't that your job? How user and reader friendly is a site if their own employees do not understand the reports? She kept telling me to look at the "guide", but the numbers I was asking about were not on the guide so I have NO clue what they meant. I told her that the numbers I was referring to were not on the guide, or if they were, I didn't see them. She could have easily looked at the guide and interpreted the report for me if in fact they were on there, but she literally told me she could not tell me what the report meant, but could only refer me to the guide. To make matters worse, there were several minutes that passed between each unhelpful reply of hers so it was just a complete waste of time and money.

Original review: April 14, 2018

I applied for an apartment but CoreLogic reported that I had an eviction case filed and I was evicted. Which was not true. I was threatened by their representatives if I contacted an attorney they would make it hard for this issue to be resolved. I asked where did they get that information from. They claimed public records. Had another check by another company and there was no public record of case or eviction. Then they claimed they don't know where it came from but it will take 30 days for them to investigate. They are toxic destroying people lives with false inaccurate information.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CoreLogic SafeRent?

Original review: March 13, 2018

Corelogic listed my husband as a felon because someone with the same first and last name is a felon. Social security numbers, middle name, and birthdate do not match up. We are moving in 10 days and they do not care to file a dispute, therefore leaving us homeless because we cannot find a rental, even though we've been renters for 8+ years with no bad marks. This has completely thrown a wrench in our lives, especially since isn't even our fault. Yet here we are fighting to get a name cleared when we have no convictions.

Original review: March 13, 2018

My fiance and I applied for an apartment that uses SafeRent to conduct background checks. We both have excellent credit, no unpaid rent or evictions, and a squeaky clean criminal background -- neither of us has gotten as much as a speeding ticket. We were shocked to find out that we had been denied with the apartment complex as a result of criminal findings against my fiance. SafeRent pulled a laundry list of criminal records from a different person and attached them to my fiance's file. We are now having to go through an appeals process just to get them to do the job right! We are at risk of losing the apartment and our application fee due to this company's idiocy. It seems that the company does not use a SSN to conduct background checks. I would stay FAR away from any apartment complex that uses CoreLogic SafeRent to conduct background checks!

Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

I have been renting apartments for over 10 years. I have a great rental history. My credit score isn't super and I told this new apartment building I've been waiting to get in that my credit wasn't perfect and they said, "That's okay. Just come in anyways," so I did. I filled out the application. I also gave them a $500 deposit. CoreLogic Rental Property Solutions denied me for an incident that was dismissed through the courts. I am now fighting it because I am a victim of domestic violence and I am stuck now in this apartment afraid to leave.

I've been denied by three places and I believe it's because of this dismissed incident. I sent in paperwork showing it was dismissed. They never received it. Then

I faxed it in. They did not receive that. I eventually had to email it and finally two days later they said they did receive it and I should call back once a week to see what the results are. I don't understand what happened to calling landlords and this company seems to be notoriously wrong... What is going on?

Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

CoreLogic/Credco released FALSE information about my credit to BlueChip Financial which then released same false information to other Credit Report Agencies. I file a complaint against CoreLogic and their customer services representatives that wanted to speak with me in Spanish a language I don't speak. This credit report company should not be permitted to do this type of business that cause customers to suffer the bad consequences of their poor services.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

This company CREDCO pulled my credit unauthorized 2 times in 10 days and counting. I looked them up and am amazed to see what everyone else has experienced also. This cannot be legal. If an attorney or the FTC sees this please contact us to file a CLL. Also heard Wells Fargo is affiliated to this group which explains a lot. Thank you!

CoreLogic SafeRent Company Information