1.29/5

Looking for a mortgage lender?

Detroit, MI

Looking for a mortgage lender?

172 Comerica Bank Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 30, 2019

I'm 48 years old and never in my life have I dealt with such an awful bank. I can't even count the multiple issues I've had with my HELOC, and every time I call, it takes forever to talk with someone who always has to 'submit' the issue to someone else that I can't actually talk to. They have made incorrect deposits, blocked & refunded principal payments without my authorization... I could go on & on. I literally just spent 45 minutes on the phone to talk to a supervisor who could not help me with the myriad issues the bank has made. I'm speechless. I can't wait to close my HELOC and associated checking account with them. Good lord.

Original review: July 18, 2019

This bank truly tops the charts of worst bank in the United States. For my line of credit, statements aren't accessible via their online portal. If you don't have a copy, you need to call them. Initially a talked to the customer service representative, Linda, who incorrectly told me that the account was closed. She wouldn't mail me a closing statement because I gave her a mailing address that wasn't on file. I clarified that I own several properties and even confirmed the mailing address that she had on file but that wasn't good enough for her. I asked to talk to a manager, but no manager was available for days according to her. I called back and another rep told me it wasn't closed. I learned that they can mail me one to you in 7-10 business days and faxing can be requested (3 day turn around), but they cannot guarantee that their faxing team will even send it. This is holding up a refinance that I am trying to accomplish.

Get expert buying tips about Banks and Credit Unions delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 9, 2019

On 5/20/19 I made a deposit at the Pearland, TX Drive on Broadway St. I wrote the check out to Biochrome Compounding & Specialty, I provided my ATM card as well. Lo and below, I later found out my account was overdrawn because the agent deposited the account in the wrong account. When I visited the branch on 5/23/19, the teller was pleasant and gave me a print of all the activities. She me to speak with the new branch manager Christina ** (HE). At the time he was not available, so I went back the next day. He was so arrogant and rude, and stated "what do you want me to do, it was your fault for not writing your account number on the back of the check". That statement made me so upset and felt like his arrogant butt was way out of line.

I requested to speak to his manager, he stated "well he's out of town and I will tell him to call you", of course he refuses to give me his manager number. Until this day, I've yet to hear from his manager. I never been treated that way prior to him, the staff especially Shacarra ** is very professional. When there was no manager, she was running the show and doing a much better job than that new one.

Original review: June 12, 2019

I got $1,870 stolen & also got calls from their bank. Either a inside job or the # was spoofed & I filed a fraud claim & was denied because they said I changed my pin 2 hrs before the money got stolen & I called from my # & changed the pin & that is not true & now they say I'm ** out of luck on my money. I filed police reports & all. I never changed my pin. The CROOKS did & Direct Express. I think it was a inside job & their customer service sucks. Worst ever & now I can't call the fraud dept & I was told they don't have a number. Once you're denied it's over & can't be reopened!

Original review: June 5, 2019

If I could give zero stars, I gladly would. Comerica's customer service is the worst. I've been on hold several times during different phone calls for almost 2 HOURS each waiting period. I wish I was exaggerating but sadly I'm not. I understand they're busy but don't lie about the waiting period time. I've even requested a call back instead of waiting, and when I received the call I was getting ready to swipe to answer they end the call. I had to go through that process multiple times and the thing is I don't live leave a Comerica Bank so it's not easy for me to go every time I have an issue. I'm writing this while I've currently been on hold for an hour and a half just in order to activate my card. When I finally got connected with someone they told me they don't know why I've been waiting but it should have activated the card through the automated system. Worse customer service ever!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Comerica Bank?

Original review: June 4, 2019

Travelled to Mexico last October. I was overcharged on my Comerica Bank and jewelers was fake. Spent months disputing it and sent them support material to prove my case and they denied it without even contacting the vendor. They claimed they did but it’s a fact that they never did, and even if they did, they took his word over mine and I’ve been a customer for years. They don’t care about you or protecting you so be aware when you use their card. Worst customer service.

Original review: May 10, 2019

I couldn't activate my card because they got my birthday incorrect. I then was told to fax a copy of my ID to fix it. I called was then told my fax was too dark for them to see. I have already faxed a copy of my ID three times and got told it was too dark everytime. I don't see how when I faxed it from FedEx so it should of came out clear enough to see. I will never be getting a pay card ever again. You guys suck and don't even know what you're doing. I honestly would give 0 stars if I could. Your company makes me very disappointed!!!

Original review: April 20, 2019

Having passed through the pain and worries that bad credit report brings, I know how frustrated one can be moving around with a bad credit report, I actually gained insight on credit repair services while surfing the internet, decided to try out and see what the outcome would be. After a 7 days time, bankruptcy displayed on my credit report got wiped off and score increased to mid 700. All thanks goes to Mr. ** and his entire repair team, I'll always refer him for similar repair problems_Contact_** OR Text_**.

Original review: April 13, 2019

Updated on 05/14/2019: For years I have been bounced around government agencies that did Nothing. The Mi supervisor was as corrupt as the Vice Pres. MN - so I wrote the BBB Texas #** and asked CEO why 1080 bank complaints of Fraud and abuse - ZERO resolved. Then I gave them 10 examples. SUSAN ** responded by sending the complaint back to the very people that were doing the fraud that wasn't resolved with over 1080 complaints. I emailed the con artist to see if anyone even contacted her. Nope - still up to Stonewalling and scams. So where do we go.

Government Offices don't help - in fact occ #** promised to get documents from now closed Independent Mortgage Review - which actually exposes Fraud. But, I knew the promise by the Comptroller of Currency - as soon as they received my complaint - they told me days later in a letter dated April 18, 2019 that now they have no jurisdiction as of 3 days ago and referred it to CFPB - same as the Bank of America scam dated January 25, 2018 # **. That one was never resolved either by the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. That one was resolved by Senator Ron Johnson's office in 2018 - That office no longer helps with bank fraud. They now just ignore " nobodies" like me and don't bother to even respond anymore.

Original Review: It's funny that I contact the FEDERAL RESERVE, help with my bank, senators office, OCC and the Texas Department of Banking to complain about Seterus Mortgage attempting to foreclosure my house when I'm 3 mortgage payments AHEAD, deposit MY funds in someone else's account, and fail to pay my property taxes on time - and then months later they are SHUT DOWN - and I complain about WORSE things from COMERICA TRUST - and all I get is the run around and nothing happens?

I read millions of complaints about this Trust bank - nothing happens? I recently sent in a complaint about Comerica Trust in MN on MARCH 14, 2019 at 3:25 pm - to the FEDERAL RESERVE - they forward it to the OCC - that forwards it to the Texas Department of Banking - but instead of holding COMERICA TRUST accountable in 2009 - NOW - I get a note from a DAVID ** of the TDB - telling me basically to move on they don't handle it now either. I write again asking to have anyone OTHER than this representative to address my complain - but he answers again anyway? Whats up with that? How do they get away with not being held accountable for anything?

Original review: March 8, 2019

I own a small business, I have a Money Saving Tip Workshop were we go into schools and help Low Income Families how to save money with a home budget, create credit, improve credit score, read your credit report. Comerica Bank Representatives came to the schools told the families they had additional information to help them. BUT what they FAILED to say was that "They will only HELP if the Budget for the program has money to pay them for their TIME. The 2019-2020 Budget will not take place until August 2019. Instead of explaining the situation they made up EXCUSES as to why they could not come. I reached out to a Manager of the Comerica Bank in the Community because as a business owner wasting time is frustrating. His reply was NO he could not help these families. I can provide emails.

Comerica Bank Company Information