Detroit, MI

Find Banks and Credit Unions partners near you

About Comerica Bank

Find Banks and Credit Unions partners near you

Comerica Bank Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Comerica Bank?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Comerica Bank?

Original review: May 11, 2022

I made a mistake and overpaid my credit card balance in March 2022. In an email from customer service they agreed to send me a check for the amount I overpaid. 6 weeks have gone by no check and no help on the phone or email. I received a letter from them stating they transferred the money owed to me electronically to my financial institution. What! They will not tell me where they sent my money! I have spoken to numerous agents and none of them ever heard of such a thing and told me this payment was refunded but can not see where it went. I have requested any and all tracking on this (check) but I have not heard anything. Not a small amount either $1158.48.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2021

Horrible bank that will rob you of your hard earned money, three overdraft fees because of one overdrawn item. 9 dollar ice cream on debit card cost me a 38 dollar overdraft fee when I had the funds in there, they pay the bigger amounts first. They should be shut down.

Get buying tips about Banks and Credit Unions delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2021

The support was great with no ads and I found what I was looking for. There is nothing wrong with this website plus I enjoyed it. Please help me a little more to improve to community but other than that it's been good so far.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2021

After repeated attempts to notify they are sending mail to the wrong address, they will not correct it. Now they won't even answer the phone. Totally ignored here. I will go further to say rather than poor customer service, THERE IS NO CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!

Original review: Oct. 5, 2021

Held, this line more tines than I'd like to count. Horrible customer service. Fuzzy math, they've allowed illegal transaction also. For no reason the card stops working... Then you slide it one too many times, boom, automatic 24 hour denial of transactions. Which is common. I think they're going belly up. Beware!

Original review: Sept. 1, 2021

Was visiting New York from Michigan and had a car accident. My car was told to do different shots. My card was in the car and was compromised over several different days when I did not have access to my car or purse or cards. My bank card and my Direct Express Card were both used during this time. I was not aware of this because I did not need to use them when I finally got my car back. Also during this time I had gotten the flu or covid or something and was very sick the whole time I was there and he been driving back home.

Anyway when I got home I was paying some bills and found that my Direct Express Card balance was $2,000 for so short and my bank was a little over $300 short. Filed the disputes and my regular Bank was temporarily credited and a new debit card was shipped shutting off the one I had. The Comerica Direct Express Card was never even shut off or was another one sent. I was using it in Michigan still for gas et cetera until finally after a third phone call to find out they said to me didn't even send you a new card and I said no. So a new one was finally sent overnight.

After their investigation was complete which took forever and with hardly any communication with me other than email oh, the case was closed and I was notified there was no wrongdoing. Really? 30-something uses of my debit card at machines in the town that I was visiting and most of them right before and right after midnight over and over so that they could use it to the daily allowance and then use it again after midnight for $200 withdrawals. I was never sent the form to fill out or anything. My regular Bank permanently refunded my money within a week or so. Not even allowed to speak to the fraud department at Comerica.

I wish that I could hear from some people and file a class action lawsuit because this is $2,000 of my disability money that I need to live on. I called Social Security about this more than once. I can't understand why they still uses form of giving people their benefits for Social Security or disability. I have switched so my money just not go in there anymore as of this month and still have not been successful in finding out how to take all of my money out and put it in my bank without being charged for each ATM withdrawal. Anyone join my legal action against this company. How do I contact people to do so.

Original review: July 4, 2021

No phone # on back of card. Goprogram.com would not let me register. I fear it will not be funded when It should be. # associated DOES NOT have a LIVE PERSON, RECORDED INFO only. What if Comerica Bank errs? "Yes there are fees for calling customer service.".. Why are there so many fees? I should be happy at least I got my card, the benefits are starting this week and some people have yet to get the card... Shameful.

Original review: July 3, 2021

I had a check stolen from the mailbox - the thief changed the name and amount, for $1,500- and cashed it the same day it was electronically deposited into a Chase Bank account! I filed a claim one day after when I found out! The result? I had to close my account, wait for new checks, (3 weeks later) and the Comerica fraud dept. informed me my claim may take up to 120 days?? Well it has been over a month, no word, no response. I have had a business account with them for over 10 years, no interest checking, bad service, a manager who is always pretending to be busy whenever I am in the bank. They ignore customers, refuse to stand up to my fraud claim- don't they have insurance for matters like this? I am 60 years old and have never had a situation where the bank ignores the customer and passes the responsibility and refuses to respond.

Original review: April 10, 2021

I have been a Comerica customer since the Detroit Bank and Trust days- many decades. Each year, their customer service deteriorates even more. The “customer service” people aren’t even courteous anymore. They are unprofessional and uncaring. My blood is boiling. My debit card was declined and I am traveling. The agent said she didn’t show any record of the card being declined and implied that it was my error. She said I should have asked the clerk for assistance. Frankly, at that point, I was too embarrassed. What happened to customer empathy? Thanks for nothing. I’ve had enough of Comerica!!

Original review: March 27, 2021

Worst banking ever. I have a Credit card merchant machine that I’ve owned for three months and never worked. I’ve contacted the bank and customer service over 50 times and I’m still at the same position with the same machine. Worst customer service I’ve ever dealt with any years. Also slowing me down And messing up my business financially.

Take a Mortgage Quiz. Get matched with an Authorized Partner.

Comerica Bank Company Information