1.28/5

Looking for a mortgage lender?

Detroit, MI

Looking for a mortgage lender?

Comerica Bank Reviews

Original review: Nov. 1, 2019

23 minute wait time. I was told one story for the fee by the first person which I explained could not be true and why and the woman did not know what to say and put me on hold. The next woman gave me a different story and I again took that story apart and she basically said too bad. She put me on hold again and called my banking center who then refunded the fee. Then she told me NOT TO CALL customer service but to call the bank directly. If they do not want customers to call what is their purpose in existing? What makes this worse is they had no reason to charge the fee and were just hoping I would not notice or not care enough to bother or maybe if I did call they could lie to me enough that I would just quit.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2019

The ATMs are down often. The website works sometimes. The mobile app is actually more reliable than the website, except when it doesn't work. It takes up to 3 days for people to respond if you contact them through your account website. And they're slow about processing direct deposits.

Get expert buying tips about Banks and Credit Unions delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2019

MY IDENTITY has been STOLEN & someone at COMERICA BANK or DIRECT EXPRESS-which is how I get my disability payments, have given out my card info (you can find that out with a Google search for "Direct Express, Comerica bank fraud" & see this's happened to many people. When I call the bank, every time they tell me they're not a bank but only printed the card, & only put their name on it for "advertising purposes". It makes no sense-why advertise you're a bank if you are not!? The Treasury department's website says they are the bank that handles the SSI/DISABILITY cards for Direct Express! And now I can't get my $200+ back through either company! They've both been horrible!

Original review: Oct. 2, 2019

I sure wish we would have read these reviews before suggesting our son, who is a college student in the area, open an account with this bank. It's been an absolutely terrible experience. The people I have spoken with have been rude and arrogant. They are not helpful whatsoever. The nightmare we have encountered is too long to recite but I will never ever encourage someone to open an account at this bank, ever!

Original review: July 30, 2019

I'm 48 years old and never in my life have I dealt with such an awful bank. I can't even count the multiple issues I've had with my HELOC, and every time I call, it takes forever to talk with someone who always has to 'submit' the issue to someone else that I can't actually talk to. They have made incorrect deposits, blocked & refunded principal payments without my authorization... I could go on & on. I literally just spent 45 minutes on the phone to talk to a supervisor who could not help me with the myriad issues the bank has made. I'm speechless. I can't wait to close my HELOC and associated checking account with them. Good lord.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Comerica Bank?

Original review: July 18, 2019

This bank truly tops the charts of worst bank in the United States. For my line of credit, statements aren't accessible via their online portal. If you don't have a copy, you need to call them. Initially a talked to the customer service representative, Linda, who incorrectly told me that the account was closed. She wouldn't mail me a closing statement because I gave her a mailing address that wasn't on file. I clarified that I own several properties and even confirmed the mailing address that she had on file but that wasn't good enough for her. I asked to talk to a manager, but no manager was available for days according to her. I called back and another rep told me it wasn't closed. I learned that they can mail me one to you in 7-10 business days and faxing can be requested (3 day turn around), but they cannot guarantee that their faxing team will even send it. This is holding up a refinance that I am trying to accomplish.

Original review: July 9, 2019

On 5/20/19 I made a deposit at the Pearland, TX Drive on Broadway St. I wrote the check out to Biochrome Compounding & Specialty, I provided my ATM card as well. Lo and below, I later found out my account was overdrawn because the agent deposited the account in the wrong account. When I visited the branch on 5/23/19, the teller was pleasant and gave me a print of all the activities. She me to speak with the new branch manager Christina ** (HE). At the time he was not available, so I went back the next day. He was so arrogant and rude, and stated "what do you want me to do, it was your fault for not writing your account number on the back of the check". That statement made me so upset and felt like his arrogant butt was way out of line.

I requested to speak to his manager, he stated "well he's out of town and I will tell him to call you", of course he refuses to give me his manager number. Until this day, I've yet to hear from his manager. I never been treated that way prior to him, the staff especially Shacarra ** is very professional. When there was no manager, she was running the show and doing a much better job than that new one.

Original review: June 12, 2019

I got $1,870 stolen & also got calls from their bank. Either a inside job or the # was spoofed & I filed a fraud claim & was denied because they said I changed my pin 2 hrs before the money got stolen & I called from my # & changed the pin & that is not true & now they say I'm ** out of luck on my money. I filed police reports & all. I never changed my pin. The CROOKS did & Direct Express. I think it was a inside job & their customer service sucks. Worst ever & now I can't call the fraud dept & I was told they don't have a number. Once you're denied it's over & can't be reopened!

Original review: June 5, 2019

If I could give zero stars, I gladly would. Comerica's customer service is the worst. I've been on hold several times during different phone calls for almost 2 HOURS each waiting period. I wish I was exaggerating but sadly I'm not. I understand they're busy but don't lie about the waiting period time. I've even requested a call back instead of waiting, and when I received the call I was getting ready to swipe to answer they end the call. I had to go through that process multiple times and the thing is I don't live leave a Comerica Bank so it's not easy for me to go every time I have an issue. I'm writing this while I've currently been on hold for an hour and a half just in order to activate my card. When I finally got connected with someone they told me they don't know why I've been waiting but it should have activated the card through the automated system. Worse customer service ever!

Original review: June 4, 2019

Travelled to Mexico last October. I was overcharged on my Comerica Bank and jewelers was fake. Spent months disputing it and sent them support material to prove my case and they denied it without even contacting the vendor. They claimed they did but it’s a fact that they never did, and even if they did, they took his word over mine and I’ve been a customer for years. They don’t care about you or protecting you so be aware when you use their card. Worst customer service.

Comerica Bank Company Information