1.29/5

Detroit, MI

170 Comerica Bank Consumer Reviews

Original review: April 20, 2019

Having passed through the pain and worries that bad credit report brings, I know how frustrated one can be moving around with a bad credit report, I actually gained insight on credit repair services while surfing the internet, decided to try out and see what the outcome would be. After a 7 days time, bankruptcy displayed on my credit report got wiped off and score increased to mid 700. All thanks goes to Mr. ** and his entire repair team, I'll always refer him for similar repair problems_Contact_** OR Text_**.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

I was trying to improve my credit report myself, my credit score was 502 then dropped to a 472 disputing two credit cards and I could not get approved for a loan, a car and a house… NOTHING! It was draining in every aspect of my life because I got kids I have to protect their future. A few month ago, was searching around the internet and came across a credit expert linked with the credit bureaus who helped me increase my credit scores now I got 775. He told me it would take a few weeks to get it done approximately a month and kept to his word. Now I can apply for just about anything. I can’t thank him enough and I knew I owe him this, get in touch with him today and make a bright future tomorrow.

Get expert buying tips about Banks and Credit Unions delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

I had a 420 with Transunion, 411 with Experian and a 405 FICO score. I also had a repossession, charge offs and negative closed credit card accounts. I was trying to get a new 2018 Chevrolet Cruz Premier Hatchback in Cajun Red at my local Chevrolet dealership but I had a bad credit and needed an urgent help repairing it. My friend who previously was in my situation gave me a contact (TROJAN at WRITEME dot COM) of TROJAN the credit specialist who helped him fix his. I quickly emailed and texted him asking him the process to get started after explaining my situation to him. We got started immediately and after 5 business days he deleted the repossession, charge offs and raised my scores to 788. I have purchased the 2018 Chevrolet and I’m also qualified for everything. You can feel free to contact him for credit repair help because he’s the best of his kind.

Original review: July 9, 2019

On 5/20/19 I made a deposit at the Pearland, TX Drive on Broadway St. I wrote the check out to Biochrome Compounding & Specialty, I provided my ATM card as well. Lo and below, I later found out my account was overdrawn because the agent deposited the account in the wrong account. When I visited the branch on 5/23/19, the teller was pleasant and gave me a print of all the activities. She me to speak with the new branch manager Christina ** (HE). At the time he was not available, so I went back the next day. He was so arrogant and rude, and stated "what do you want me to do, it was your fault for not writing your account number on the back of the check". That statement made me so upset and felt like his arrogant butt was way out of line.

I requested to speak to his manager, he stated "well he's out of town and I will tell him to call you", of course he refuses to give me his manager number. Until this day, I've yet to hear from his manager. I never been treated that way prior to him, the staff especially Shacarra ** is very professional. When there was no manager, she was running the show and doing a much better job than that new one.

Original review: June 12, 2019

I got $1,870 stolen & also got calls from their bank. Either a inside job or the # was spoofed & I filed a fraud claim & was denied because they said I changed my pin 2 hrs before the money got stolen & I called from my # & changed the pin & that is not true & now they say I'm ** out of luck on my money. I filed police reports & all. I never changed my pin. The CROOKS did & Direct Express. I think it was a inside job & their customer service sucks. Worst ever & now I can't call the fraud dept & I was told they don't have a number. Once you're denied it's over & can't be reopened!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Comerica Bank?

Original review: June 5, 2019

If I could give zero stars, I gladly would. Comerica's customer service is the worst. I've been on hold several times during different phone calls for almost 2 HOURS each waiting period. I wish I was exaggerating but sadly I'm not. I understand they're busy but don't lie about the waiting period time. I've even requested a call back instead of waiting, and when I received the call I was getting ready to swipe to answer they end the call. I had to go through that process multiple times and the thing is I don't live leave a Comerica Bank so it's not easy for me to go every time I have an issue. I'm writing this while I've currently been on hold for an hour and a half just in order to activate my card. When I finally got connected with someone they told me they don't know why I've been waiting but it should have activated the card through the automated system. Worse customer service ever!

Original review: June 4, 2019

Travelled to Mexico last October. I was overcharged on my Comerica Bank and jewelers was fake. Spent months disputing it and sent them support material to prove my case and they denied it without even contacting the vendor. They claimed they did but it’s a fact that they never did, and even if they did, they took his word over mine and I’ve been a customer for years. They don’t care about you or protecting you so be aware when you use their card. Worst customer service.

Original review: May 10, 2019

I couldn't activate my card because they got my birthday incorrect. I then was told to fax a copy of my ID to fix it. I called was then told my fax was too dark for them to see. I have already faxed a copy of my ID three times and got told it was too dark everytime. I don't see how when I faxed it from FedEx so it should of came out clear enough to see. I will never be getting a pay card ever again. You guys suck and don't even know what you're doing. I honestly would give 0 stars if I could. Your company makes me very disappointed!!!

Original review: April 13, 2019

Updated on 05/14/2019: For years I have been bounced around government agencies that did Nothing. The Mi supervisor was as corrupt as the Vice Pres. MN - so I wrote the BBB Texas #** and asked CEO why 1080 bank complaints of Fraud and abuse - ZERO resolved. Then I gave them 10 examples. SUSAN ** responded by sending the complaint back to the very people that were doing the fraud that wasn't resolved with over 1080 complaints. I emailed the con artist to see if anyone even contacted her. Nope - still up to Stonewalling and scams. So where do we go.

Government Offices don't help - in fact occ #** promised to get documents from now closed Independent Mortgage Review - which actually exposes Fraud. But, I knew the promise by the Comptroller of Currency - as soon as they received my complaint - they told me days later in a letter dated April 18, 2019 that now they have no jurisdiction as of 3 days ago and referred it to CFPB - same as the Bank of America scam dated January 25, 2018 # **. That one was never resolved either by the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. That one was resolved by Senator Ron Johnson's office in 2018 - That office no longer helps with bank fraud. They now just ignore " nobodies" like me and don't bother to even respond anymore.

Original Review: It's funny that I contact the FEDERAL RESERVE, help with my bank, senators office, OCC and the Texas Department of Banking to complain about Seterus Mortgage attempting to foreclosure my house when I'm 3 mortgage payments AHEAD, deposit MY funds in someone else's account, and fail to pay my property taxes on time - and then months later they are SHUT DOWN - and I complain about WORSE things from COMERICA TRUST - and all I get is the run around and nothing happens?

I read millions of complaints about this Trust bank - nothing happens? I recently sent in a complaint about Comerica Trust in MN on MARCH 14, 2019 at 3:25 pm - to the FEDERAL RESERVE - they forward it to the OCC - that forwards it to the Texas Department of Banking - but instead of holding COMERICA TRUST accountable in 2009 - NOW - I get a note from a DAVID ** of the TDB - telling me basically to move on they don't handle it now either. I write again asking to have anyone OTHER than this representative to address my complain - but he answers again anyway? Whats up with that? How do they get away with not being held accountable for anything?

Original review: March 9, 2019

This new automated system you have on there is more than ridiculous!!! Nine out of ten times you try to find out something it never understands what you want. For instance I had called it once more today to find out my balance and to get transaction history. First it did not recognize me saying "get my balance" until 3 tries then it said, "Is there anything else I can help you with today?" And I then said transaction history and she seemed to have a hard time understanding that so I repeated it and it tells me "One moment while I connect you to customer service," and it connected me to a place called Harland Products. Pleeease can you go back to the older version of automated system, thank you.

Original review: March 8, 2019

I own a small business, I have a Money Saving Tip Workshop were we go into schools and help Low Income Families how to save money with a home budget, create credit, improve credit score, read your credit report. Comerica Bank Representatives came to the schools told the families they had additional information to help them. BUT what they FAILED to say was that "They will only HELP if the Budget for the program has money to pay them for their TIME. The 2019-2020 Budget will not take place until August 2019. Instead of explaining the situation they made up EXCUSES as to why they could not come. I reached out to a Manager of the Comerica Bank in the Community because as a business owner wasting time is frustrating. His reply was NO he could not help these families. I can provide emails.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

I called customer service to reset an online login. The representative was rude when I said I was out and didn’t have my account number on hand. The rep got mad when I asked her to not be condescending with me and hung up on me. It’s unbelievable that I keep my money here and got a mortgage through them. I’ll be closing my account this week and going to a credit union.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

I got my social security income February 21st 2019. It was a big chunk of money deposited. In the past 2 day I've had transactions that weren't from me. Nobody had my card, card number, or even access to it.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

Comerica Bank is well-aware of the fraudulent situation with Direct Express and yet does nothing. When I tried to talk to them they refused and transferred me to the fraud department at Direct Express. I received a provisional credit from Direct Express for fraudulent charges. Yesterday, one of the charges was deducted from my account. Calling Direct Express for an explanation got me nothing but the runaround and rudeness from a rep and his supervisor. If an investigation is ongoing why deduct the charges in question out of my account? Direct Express is a moneymaking scam and Comerica Bank knows it. All involved should be sued in a class action lawsuit.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

After waiting 55 minutes I hung up as I could drive to the local bank and back home 3x by now. Ironically, the on hold message starts with "time is money, and Comerica web banking bla bla BS"... As a small business who was locked out due to the new Comerica app to simply view funds available - as I hope someone is listening, probably a statement into a black hole. Seriously think about alternatives after 10 years at Comerica.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

I am a small business owner and was looking for an alternative to PayPal for secure payment especially for new suppliers. I called Comerica Bank customer support explained my needs and concerns and was told that ACH payment into USA bank account is very secure,traceable and reversible if things go wrong. I was mislead by the Comerica Bank customer service, made the ACH payment and it cost me my business. I would not have never made such ACH payment had I know the Comerica Bank customer support information was wrong!

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

Comerica Bank closed my account because I had over 11 overdraft charges, but 7 of which were totally bogus! The bank held my deposits three times in the last four months causing me to go negative... so they were gaming me and trying to force me out as a customer. My tax return direct deposited the same day they closed my account. So now I have wait for them to mail it me, but not until after they hold it for as long as they want to give them time dip in and take as much they please.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

I needed to order my account statements, so I contacted the number on my last statement. There was a recording/automated line that absolutely did not understand anything. I continuously pressed 0 and said "operator" after it failed to understand what I needed. Finally, the recording said I would be on hold for 61 minutes. I put the call on speaker to go back to work, and the recording droned on and on about how much Comerica "cared" about my call and how they want to make the community better, all the while illustrating, by their actions, what a facade all of their misplaced rhetoric is.

I run a business, and there was no way I could listen to this nonsense for 61 minutes, so I contacted the branch location, they said they would charge me 8 dollars for every invoice I needed. I asked if they could help me get a password for my account online so I could print them out myself. I was given the IT phone number. I called them, again, same ridiculous message and waited on the phone for 30 minutes, with no "real" person answering.

This seems like a scam. If Comerica refused to allow its business customers to set up an account online (there is no set up online), and refuses to allow them to speak with a real person - or even an automated recording that understands anything, and then I have to pay hundreds to get my account statements for the last two years? I'm out. Chase has much better customer service, and they just mailed me my statements for free after a 5 minute phone call. They didn't make me listen to a conglomeration of ostensibly well thought out advertisements in order to waste my day either. Next time Comerica, act like you care, don't have an automated recording talk about it.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

Force closed a very large line of credit due to "inactivity" with no advance warning (and I had a perfect payment record and high scores all thought the life of the account), and then refused to reopen it on appeal without a hard pull on my credit and no guarantee the specs of the account would be restored to what they were. So effectively they hurt my credit profile once by lowering my overall available credit, and then potentially twice by making me apply as if new. They also failed to acknowledge my requests in writing, instead sending a vague letter asking me to call in and find this out.

This is their loss and since the CC division likely exemplifies their level of service, I will never do business with Comerica for any financial products ever again. Their loss is also another bank's gain, because I'll have little trouble getting as good or better a deal elsewhere. But if they realized that in the first place, they would not have done this.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2018

The new voice automated response system is not customer friendly! It is a poorly constructed voice automated system response I’ve ever dealt with or ever had to painfully endure just to get my balance! Truly a customer time wasting, aggravating, irritating nightmare to have to go through!!!

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

So I had an issue with transferring the money on their website. All the information I entered was correct but there always appeared the following error: "Unable to validate your card account, please try again." I had tried several times and without success, so I decided to call customer service. The first lady who attended me did not speak proper English so after trying to explain the situation to her, I gave up. The second guy didn't even try to listen to me, after one "Hello," he immediately hung up after saying that he could not hear me?!

The third one was extremely rude. She didn't let me finish my sentences and kept screaming at me. I told her I had entered the correct information but she kept repeating that I must enter the correct 3-digit code in the back! When I told her that I also tried to send money to another person's bank account using the Routing number and Bank account number, she kept telling me I had entered incorrect information, which I did not! I have been transferring money for many years with other banks and never had such issues. Why can't they find errors on their side?

In the end, that rude lady hung up on me! The fourth person, his name was Alex, was not helpful at all, so I asked for a supervisor who finally tried to help me with my issue. Even though the issue has not been removed and I still cannot transfer money, I believe that the rest of the customer service team should at least try to assist me with my issue instead of keeping telling me what to do! The customer service team that your bank hire is not well trained at all! Please do additional training before paying them to serve your customers, otherwise they will run away from you.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

The incident began on September 30th when I was provided a cashier check in the amount of $3,100.00 from a sub-letter for my New York apartment. The check was issued at PNC, the subletter's bank, and I immediately attempted to deposit the check through Comerica's web banking application on my phone. After attempting the deposit, I noticed there was a "pending" status on the transaction which lead me to call customer service. I spoke to a young woman who told me that the check would be rejected as it was higher than the $2,500.00 limit. When I asked her if it would be alright to deposit the check at a different brick-and-mortar bank on the 2nd of October (that Monday), she told me it would be fine to do so as the check would be denied deposit by Comerica anyways. On the 2nd, I went to a Charles Schwab Bank branch and deposited the check without any immediate issues.

Four days later, I received troubling news from Charles Schwab that the check had been flagged as "suspicious or fictitious" and would not be paid out. After a very long and drawn out investigation between PNC and Charles Schwab, a representative at Schwab informed me that the reason why PNC denied payment (and why the Fed had flagged the check) is because there had been another bank within which the funds had been deposited. I immediately knew that it was Comerica. I then called my hometown Comerica branch in Northville and spoke with one of the managers named Rita. Rita informed me that the money in question was deposited successfully but was being held for twelve days due to the check also being flagged as suspicious. I asked her if it was going to be denied as well and she told me that if it would've been denied deposit, it would've already been denied before the hold was placed.

Again, another Comerica employee misinforming me as the money was removed from my account on the penultimate day of the hold. At that point, the money was "nowhere". Schwab, on their end, told me that they had never even been paid out from PNC so it was impossible to have the money. They issued a letter stating this. PNC claimed that they had paid Comerica, did not have any of the funds, and they too issued a letter with this information. I then pleaded to the Comerica complaint line to help me solve this terrible situation to which I received patronizing rudeness, obfuscation, and a general shifting of blame to the other banks. Not once. Not twice. But three times from three different reps. Finally, a Comerica rep claimed that on October 11th, they had returned money that had indeed been paid out from PNC because PNC informed them it had already been paid out elsewhere.

It was, in one rep's words, "out of their hands at that point." One final communication with a Comerica rep even provided the baffling advice that I needed to get an official letter from a PNC vice president that they didn't have the adjustment! I then sought assistance from Charlene and JJ from the Pleasant Ridge, Michigan branch. Charlene sent me on a wild goose chase to find a legal copy of the check from Charles Schwab. What good this would have done is beyond my comprehension. JJ, the manager of the branch and someone who has worked with my father for years (also a longtime Comerica customer through his dental practice), never returned my phone calls asking for her help in the matter. I finally asked Rita from the Northville branch if she would be willing to draft a letter with evidence that the money had been adjusted and returned to PNC; she told me she'd work on it but I never heard back from her.

Meanwhile, the only person truly on my side was not any rep from Comerica but rather a godsend of a woman named Andrea from PNC. I must emphasize that I am not a PNC customer and she should've had no obligation to help me. Regardless of this, she promised she would resolve this incident as she could understand it created extreme distress for me. She investigated for almost two weeks this incident, even staying on the phone with me as I spoke to a recalcitrant Comerica rep explaining that the money was not at Comerica and that she didn't have any way to track it.

All of this finally came to a resolution after Andrea called me last week to inform me that her adjustments department had been in communication with Comerica and they did, in fact, have my money all along. Indeed, they never returned it in the first place. All of the blaming, all of the rudeness, all of the pointless tasks they issued me, all amounting to this bitterly ironic outcome. I hope you can now understand why this incident is horrifying. Not only is it possible to get completely false information from countless employees that should know better, it is possible that one's own bank can be so unwilling to help its own customers resolve an issue they caused themselves.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

Comerica Bank is the worst bank than all the banks put together. Their service is the worst and they don't care. If you tell them you are unhappy with the way they provide service, no one will ever know unless you call their quality department. They even give a number to call. Seriously, you would think that they would care enough to note that there is a problem, but they don't. I've had the worst experience with this bank and I grade them as the most unethical bank because of that experience. Now I am trying to take care of another problem and after 10 calls to them, we have gotten nowhere.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

I had a checking account with Comerica for years before I decided to end my relationship with the bank. However, a back payment deposit was sent to the closed account and Comerica decided to re-open the account and accept the payment. After inquiring about why they would re-open a closed account, I was told it was because the account had a $38 balance that they wanted to collect. Furthermore, after they deducted the amount owed, they would not release the

remaining balance of the deposit to me.

I went into the Detroit Warren and Evergreen office where the asset manager Annalise was rude and would not give me the customer complaint number. I waited 2 years for this back payment from SSDI because of a severe back injury. I had not worked in over 2 years and I had acquired some serious debt and was behind on bills. This bank has caused me serious stress by holding my funds. I will tell anyone who listens about my experience, and warn them against banking with Comerica.

Original review: July 31, 2018

Comerica almost scared a client so badly the client wasn't going to work with me again. The client stopped payment on a check then put the money in one of my other accounts. So Comerica charged a fee for the bounced check though Comerica initiated the stop payment. I had to demand through letter for my cash in my accounts to be given to me. Finally I received my money, but the procedures of a bank will do whatever with no evidence and not even listen to or believe the account holder is pretty sad. I always explain what my business does. I don't recommend Comerica for money services.

Original review: June 16, 2018

US Direct Express has a breach the day my as was deposited. You have 0 cash and not one soul will help me. I have returned their form and five faxes. I've called daily to be told they have nothing from me orally as well. I'm so upset. My lights will be off today.

Original review: May 25, 2018

I am a new customer with Comerica soon to be a past customer. I have had an account with them for 6 months. I just got a new contract and deposited my first check. I asked if there would be any delay on the funds availability and was told no funds available by tomorrow. That was 8 days ago. In the mean time I have been told by several representatives that one more day and at one point was told that there was a problem with the writer's account. The check has already cleared the writer's bank over a week ago still no money in my account. But they did add two overdraft charges to my account. My advice run from Comerica.

Original review: May 9, 2018

I have been a customer of Comerica for nine years and my business account was canceled today with fifteen days to find a new banking institution. Earlier this year, I had back-up withholding because a representative of Comerica Merchant Services who set up my credit card system transposed two digits of my Social Security number and raised a red flag to the IRS. 31% of all my daily take of credit card transactions was gone! I got it rectified without a lot of help from my bank manager, but I was still looked upon as an aggressor. I actually got the full amount of back-up withholding returned to me, with a compensation of $150, which I called niggardly. Not knowing their dictionary, this statement was regarded as vulgar slang. I believe my account was cancelled to avoid litigation by those employees who were hurt by a term of Swedish origin.

Original review: March 31, 2018

I have been a happy customer of Comerica Bank for some 30+ years. What a shock then when I used the Bank’s foreign currency exchange to both buy yen and return the unused portion to my account. Several weeks after returning my remaining yen, -- after been told the transaction might take a week -- I have only yesterday seen the amount added to my account in a kind of limbo (pending approval). I have been now been told the exchange might take up to 2 months. I am in disbelief about such questionable business practice. Californians travel a great deal for work and pleasure. This was the first time I used Comerica’s Foreign Exchange services. Except for the conscientiousness of their branch in Palo Alto, I am appalled by the entire thing.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

I had a check bounce - the one and only check that has ever bounced. Instead of bouncing the check, Comerica instead decided to bounce 8 different transactions at $38 a piece. When confronted about it - they also decided to close my account (like I wasn't leaving anyway). There were no actual managers working to speak to - instead, they had elevated tellers who could give absolutely no help. When asking to speak to someone in the corporate offices - or a Manager of some sort who could help - I was given: 1. The number to employee IT - with a 30 minute wait to speak to a human who then told me it was the wrongs number for clients to call. 2. The number to customer service where their standard answer is "I can't help you, you need to speak to a Bank Manager". 3. Call the Bank Manager - "they are on vacation", "in a meeting", "unavailable".

The ABSOLUTE WORST customer service I have ever encountered! I do, however, thank Comerica for one thing - they inspired me to find a bank that really does WORK WITH small businesses. In the entire time I was with Comerica they offered NO OFFERS or INCENTIVES towards my small business. Their marketing strategy is to bring in small businesses by telling them they are all about small businesses. My new bank is ABOUT small businesses - Comerica is about understaffed, under managed and wayyy behind the market in general technology. Comerica makes you PAY TO SEE YOUR ACCOUNT ONLINE - $6.95/month!!! I was on a paperless plan and they had to do ABSOLUTELY nothing to give me information about my bank account. They still charged (watch the small print with these thieves) me to look at my bank account online.

Comerica Bank Company Information