Comerica Bank

Detroit, MI

Compare Banks & Credit Unions

Research top Banks & Credit Unions recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I generally do CASH deposits so I can pay my AMEX. I was cashing my retirement checks at Bank of America, and while BofA had very enthusiastic employees, there were only 2 tellers for 12 slots. However, I'd cash most of retirement check and walked a block over to Comerica. With so much going on - negative that is, and in Silicon Valley where lots of people were losing jobs, I would deposit cash at Comerica to sweep into AMEX. I don't know if I was cursed or god wanted me to do something, I was picked to answer questions about my experience w/ Comerica on certain dates.

A couple of years ago, I deposited $2,000 CASH on a Friday. When I checked my account online, it didn't show. The following day, I checked my accnt., and still it didn't show. I asked to see the manager, and Manager #1, came out of her glass enclosed door, and she didn't give me a good reason on why my funds were not readily available. I was livid, and the teller was trying to de-escalate and explain to me why it'd happened. Meanwhile, the Manager #1, took the other tellers and spoke to them around the corner - It seemed like a conspiracy; what did she tell them?

Manager #1 then went into her glass room and got on the phone. My teller was told by the other tellers that she had a phone call. How odd. I shouted, "I can still hear you!" The manager came out and stated that I could stay as long as I wanted. I then pulled out my cell phone... "What are you doing?" "I'm calling the police." I was told I couldn't do that - Oh yeah? I tell them that I'm in a bank and my $2000 is being held by someone. Technically, it's true, especially in a bank. I then left, however fuming.

I tried to blow off steam and called the supervisors of supervisors in customer service and explained what'd happened. The supervisor then said that she'd personally monitor my account and guaranteed that the money would be there on Monday - well, it was pending - then finally Tuesday it would show. The supervisor said that the manager wanted me back at the Comerica - no, I was so angry - I told her to relay a message to the manager #1. I said, "Tell ** to dress in her go to church clothes on Monday." "Why?" customer service said. "Because I'm coming into Comerica with a News Crew, and she's going to answer why CASH deposits are not readily available."

Right after that, I was sent a survey by JD Powers & Associates... Asking if I was addressed by name and other useless information. Under "comments" I told the truth. I was later told by some of the tellers that it reflected on the entire bank when I wrote comments like that. My response was, "Then say something..." Now, Manager #1 is gone, and Manager #2 comes in, and I introduced myself and said that I'd complained to JD Powers & Associates about the incident. Her response was "Well, then go to another bank..." I suggested that not everyone drinks coffee, especially on hot days while they do have cookies to be friendly?

Since the incidence with Manager #2, I was then dealing with continued CASH deposits. I almost have to put in CASH deposits and monitor it all the way through from Pending to Posted, and forget weekends and holidays. I have to deposit almost a week and a half the CASH to show up on the screen to make sure as I don't want my AMEX to kick in.

The current Manager #2 reprimanded me as their JD Powers & Assoc. was still on the negative under comments. In fact, the Manager #2 got into my face and asked if the teller addressed me by name. I said, "I didn't recognize the new gal, and the other 2 questions on the top part of JD Powers & Assoc." It was not in a friendly term. She told me to consider going to another bank, and that while it's supposed to be confidential, she knew I was the one who wrote the comments. My response to her was as a manager, can't she make mention of the concerns of having to send the information somewhere -- I think Michigan -- and with the holidays, how long would CASH deposits take to process.

Manager #2 then called me at 4:45pm, just before closing and said that she wanted to have a "behind closed doors" meeting me 1:1. I was so upset as I suspect some corruption going on... That I called Comerica complaint, and told them to tell Manager #2, that I won't go in without an attorney or the news crew. I then went to another branch and emptied all but $5., so I'd still have access to them. I am at negative $9.+, and if I had the time, I'd file under Whistleblower, but I do not want a negative on my credit report. There's something very strange about why Comerica is so hostile. I always thought the CASH deposits would be readily available. Why would it take as long as 5 - 7 days for the deposit would take so long to process? With 3 and 4 day weekends?

I don't appreciate how Manager #1 sneakily took the other tellers around the corner. What did she tell the other tellers? I did appreciate the teller with whom I was talking, as she said I might have gotten caught in a glitch, and she was trying to calm me down. I am a retired teacher, so actually, the gal's parents were psychologists. But Manager #1 had the audacity to call from her glassed in room with an empty desk, called to tell my teller something - too obvious - so I shouted so Manager #1 could hear, "I can still hear you! - she's helping me out" Too bad the young teller left. The Personal Assistant at the Front of the Branch was trying to explain how things work. In this day and age, and especially in Silicon Valley, how can CASH deposits take sooo long at times.

I went to another branch and took out all but $5.00 so I wouldn't fall off the system. But now I'm at negative, and I don't want a negative on my credit report. I will fight and I advise anyone else to file and ask for an investigation on being bullied and nickel and dimed to death with almost $15 in maintenance and other stupid charges. Their maintenance is not up to speed.

My complaint and source of questionable practices of Comerica is why do or does CASH deposits have to go to the Midwest and back? And for a Manager to again say, "You should really consider going to another bank." I'm documenting this so I want to be able to go back and will fight with a vengeance. I wasn't JUST a teacher, as I worked with "at risk" kids, I studied law and criminal justice. And, I have a broadcasting background. I've had Identity Theft, so I want this complaint documented, and if there's further retaliation, y'all have it here.

And, for Manager #2 to call me before the end of the day, she admitted that the "comment" section of JD Powers & Assoc., was supposed to be "confidential" - she totally was inappropriate. I asked her that as a Manager, can't she express the concerns to HQ? I highly suspect a cover-up - and it may be system wide, or I have very bad luck with Comerica in San Jose.

Thanks for letting me vent. I depended on Comerica and this thing about sending the info - to god knows where. IT WAS CASH DEPOSITS... Not a 3rd party check, just CASH. Sorry for the workers who suffered from my rants, but if I withheld their paychecks not knowing when it would be settled, I doubt they'd like it. I used to teach Emergency Medical at one time, and I'd tell my students that the first person they meet represents the entire organization. This holds true for banks. Sure some of the tellers would address me by name, but it's the way my money is lost in the system and yet another hostile manager... If anything happens to my identity or they try to put a negative on my credit report, I will move this further and faster. Amen.

Personally I've not been impressed with direct express mastercard for a long time now. After what recently happen and the issue is finally handled depending on how long that will take because Direct Express is very slow with correcting issues or answering phones. More hang ups or drop calls than any other bank I have banked with or high call volumes to where you can't get through to the customer service. It makes me wonder why so many is calling in at one time. Maybe is it because of the same reason I have had to call because of the poor security of the cards.

Mind I have a major emergency happening right now. Yesterday my mastercard was hacked. This person stolen every dollar I had in my account. I did not get notified or was it noticed until I noticed it first then reported to direct express. It took me almost 2 hours to get to the level two department to file disputes on the transactions because of drop calls or heavy call volume at one time. Just like tonight, same issues. I have some new information I wanted to report. I can't get through to level one.

I am so sick and tired. This bank is as worst as using a visa rushcard. I am at my end with this bank. I am definitely switching to a new bank. I take it personal when My card continues getting hacked because of weak security and I have to be the one to buy a replacement card because direct express will not step up their game. Also not to mention they have too many people working in customer service who can't speak english or can understand english. Half the time when this happens I have no idea what they are saying. When its a emergency you don't want to be wasting time while your card is active and your getting robbed.

Not to mention I took it personal when I asked why wasn't the transactions caught in time or was I notified the answer, was it was sometimes too hard keeping track of all the customers. Mind you another one answered the phone just to lie to me and tell me the system was updating and he could not help me. He sounded sorta weird because he couldn't answer any question I had without getting into the computer. So I hung up with him annoyed. Calling back to talk to a woman who said the systems were working just fine that whole night. Just to transfer me to level 2 for the call to drop. "I am already stressed learning every dollar I had was stolen and I couldnt get through finally I did after trying 6 times." Tonight I give up. I'll call tomorrow because every time I have called tonight I can't get through. I am very annoyed by this.

My small bill pay acct. was compromised because of a online scam where I used my debit card and reported it on June 6 2016 to Comerica who canceled my card and my acct. was hit again the next day again! I've been constantly in contact with Comerica senior staff and they could care less. Company hires staff with IQs less than 60!! Really! They offered to give me back 50% of what was taking. I've done business with the top 5 banks in the US and this has happened 1 time prior when I was with B of A and they returned my money the next day! I worked for Donald Trump for many years and if he's elected, I'm focused on some retribution for Comerica! These ** have to go!!

Money was STOLEN from my account and my dispute was denied. I was told to find and go after the thief myself, who is now an EX rental car company employee. My card was input manually 9 times total, all separate transactions, in the time span of 2 hours, for a total of $1,100.00 stolen. My card was ran until declined because they withdrew ALL of my funds. Now Direct Express/Comerica refuse to do the lawful thing and their suggestion is to contact the THIEF?

Comerica Bank is the worst bank I have ever dealt with. Terrible, unfriendly and unprofessional. I was originally with Manufacturers Bank, which was bought out by Comerica. First major problem was that I was not receiving statements. They said it was my problem that I should contact the Post Office, which I did. No problem there. After eight months, I asked to close out my account - which they refused to do. Refused a customer request to close an account. How can they do that? Then after even some shouting, they checked and found that they had put a stop of some kind to send my statements. But no apology. Three months later and I did close my account, and they withheld $120 as a charge to close the account. Ever hear of this? Not me. Crooked as far as I'm concerned.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Comerica Bank?

When my husband, a veteran, died recently, I notified the VA and the Social Security Administration as per their protocol. The VA benefits he received monthly were discontinued, and the Social Security benefits for the month following his death were returned to the SSA by Direct Express. When I contacted Direct Express to request the remaining balance of his MasterCard Debit account, I was told a letter would be forthcoming to me to explain what documentation is necessary for the funds to be released to me as his surviving spouse. I provided my mailing address, and was told to expect correspondence from Direct Express in 10 days to 2 weeks.

Almost a month later, I called customer service to find out why I hadn't received anything. I was assured another letter would be sent to me, and confirmed my mailing address with the representative. After another month with nothing from Direct Express, I placed a third call to customer service. Again I was told the information would be mailed. Again I verified my address. That was over a month ago, and I have yet to be any closer to receiving my husband's last few dollars from his account. The grief of losing him has been compounded by the obvious intentional deception and fraud this company practices.

I am at a loss as to what I can do. He would never have done business with this type of establishment. If anyone can help me, I would appreciate any advice. My health has suffered as I struggle to adjust to the loss of my best friend and wonder if I must simply accept having been duped by the greediness of cyber-scamming pseudo-banks that hide behind a website and a telephone line.

The ONLY company that will work with Social Security to handle direct deposits into their debit card. No customer service!!! Not answering the phone!!! Nice job Social Security!!!

My boyfriend acct was hit not once but 3 times in a row on the same day by someone buying 6 flat screens and 5 amazon fire sticks. He did not receive not one call from Comerica regarding these charges. Obviously something isn't right! Comerica doesn't give a ** about your accts! They have the worst customer service. Currently in the process of getting his money back but they are ludicrous with the way they handle their customers. I would advise moving your money from this bank ASAP! Encourage others to do so as well. I never heard such horrible banking stories from any other banks but Comerica! Terrible customer service is also a understatement, the woman on the phone has no sense of empathy whatsoever! The tellers are very unprofessional.

Alerted them the same day $179 was taken from my account without authorization. Alerted the company that charged the card. Was told a form would be mailed to me within two days to fill out requesting an investigation. When the form did not arrive after 4 days I called again. Was told I could just mail a written statement in. I did that. Waited the 10-14 business days and called. Was told they didn't get anything to process.

Meanwhile got letter from place that charged me and explained it was an error and I was owed the refund. Even with this proof Comerica - Direct Express refused to issue a provisional credit. It has been 20 days since my money was taken. This is my SSD check and that is my food budget for the month that is missing. I am diabetic and had to stop taking my insulin because there is NO food in the house. I live in a rural area with no food banks I can get to. No one there cares. It is ridiculous. I am a disabled senior and have worked all my life. I don't deserve to be treated like this. The company that charged me says as of today they processed the refund but it will take several days before my bank credits it. I did nothing wrong, followed all the procedures and am now sitting here hungry and tired of fighting for my money. This is shameful. Comerica has NO RIGHT to hold up this money.

I've been using their debit card for 1.5 years. The card always works, as expected. However, their phone customer services always appear to be FIXING their computer system. Hard to believe that two thirds of the times that I called their system was down, and they could not help me. 2nd reason is that they are too busy to answer the phone (the recording instructed me to 'call back') for several days in a row. Is that any way to run a business?

Was having issues at my current bank so I decided when my check arrived in my account via direct deposit I would just switch to Comerica right down the road from my house. The bank really didn't feel good to start with being a new building just really feeling too corporate and upper class. Still I was there so I figured what the heck. Just wanted to hurry up and get my money situated since I get paid bi-weekly as was broke and had no food and was also going to go buy a vehicle which would literally have left me broke the same day I got my check. Anyway, the lady explains a lot of terms and what not then asks how much I'd like to start my account with. I put my entire 800$ check in and then we move onto setting a PIN for my card... The card looked odd though so I asked is that the temporary card?? And she says, "No there isn't one..."

I've already told her personally that I'm getting ready to spend my whole check mind you. So I say, "Oh, well I'm going to need to withdraw some money then," and she says, "Oh... Well you have to wait at least 24 hours..." which wouldn't have been a big deal but this was yesterday, the Saturday before Memorial day Monday meaning everything is closed until Tuesday... Setting me back 3 days... Asked her to cancel right then and there, she goes to talk to the main guy and says, "That's not possible..." And now I'm really worried when I go to say I need all the money in my account they will give me issues...

The lady seemed very upset when I calmly told her she really should have told me that especially since I just told her I was planning on doing all these things that day. Idk maybe I should have asked more questions but I feel like after sitting through all the other 45 minutes of info she told me that definitely should have been part of what she told me... I'm 24 and had just woken up and definitely didn't look like someone who could just get there bi-weekly check and let someone hold it for 3 more days. Really felt like I was being taken advantage of... But that's all. Any input would be much appreciated. Thanks.

I am a retired colonel with 34 years service on behalf of the USAF and US Army. Ever since the Veterans Administration made me use their debit card, I have had nothing but problems with their debit card. On the 1st of the month, I could not use my debit card for a week, then all my money is gone! I have already changed my pension to Chase Bank. I own a corporation, and there should be a law enacted via our Congress against this kind of stuff happening in my opinion.

I have a Direct Express since they have come into being. They have in the last year, showing that they do not care about the consumer. I have had two charges. One with Knights Inn and One with In town Suites. The one with Knights Inn, I began feeling bad and sick and walked to the hospital. I ended up in the Hospital for 2 weeks. I had the security guard go get my items in the room. He told them I was no longer in the room. I had a charge coming out for 260 plus dollars. I had 3 days left and they charged the whole amount. I called DIRECT EXPRESS and told them and had people in the hospital as my reference. They denied me for the 180 dollars I asked for. It was mine yet, no.

Next, I went and checked into IN TOWN SUITES, I checked in for 5 weeks. Near to the end of the 4th week. I told IN TOWN SUITES IN Dothan AL, that I would be getting out. They would not be open in the morning, but told me where to leave the card. I did so and when leaving saw the security guard and he asked I was leaving. I told him yes. I asked the IN TOWN SUITES for refund on the remainder. They called corporate and they said no, and then Office Manager told me to get off his office. He was not nice and used some curse words. I called DIRECT EXPRESS and told them that for remaining week I needed 150.00 dollars, and even sent all the paperwork along. They of course have denied me. I do not think DIRECT EXPRESS level two employees ever apply or give money back. This is wrong and I know of other people that have cards and get items back that are wrong. They are in cahoots with the Corporate items.

I was charge thirty dollars for Canada, China AND HAVE been fighting WITH THEM FOR almost three months. Still denied MY dispute. Terrible card.

Well, my son turned 18 but is still in school and payments for him stopped due to a paperwork problem. So I took care of the paperwork and here we are 2 months later with no payment received. Called them and was told that they sent out the checks instead of direct deposit but sent them to the wrong address. I was told that they would put a stop on the checks and issue an electronic payment within 10 working days. 2 1/2 weeks later nothing, call again and they say that the checks haven't been returned which has nothing to do with me and I am told basically to wait another 10 working days and if nothing comes by then that I have to go to my local office and see what they can do? I am behind on all my bills and it's because they can't get me my money. Real pain in the butt. Afraid to get angry because it will probably just make it worse. I am at a loss.

On Friday March 5th my phone got an alert of $194 debit from disability acct. Immediately I call Direct Express. They gave me Facebook with this number 650-618-7714. This number is disconnected then I did a search for Facebook with that same number it came up with: "Hi Curran, though this number is listed against Facebook at NASDAQ website. We believe the charge is a scam and the identification of the charge as "Facebook 650-618-7714" is itself a fraud. A red herring!" Greg ** works at Village of South Holland.

Was out of town, went to a Walmart, and used my debit card there. Later that day several charges attempted via this FACEBOOK "charge" with this associated telephone number 650-618-7714 CA on my account. Some charges went through, some didn't. GOT SCAMMED, but I notified the bank CHASE asap and they said it will be removed in 12 hrs. Card closed out but the scammers continue to get away with this type of stuff. BE CAREFUL and keep a check on your accounts.

So I called back asked for a fraud dept, I was denied that number. Then when I stated they took every penny I had no response. I asked for supervisor I was hung up on. I told them that many had been hijacked, to please assist me that I had nobody to even call for help. I am heartbroken, hurt, broke, they then cancelled my card said I have to wait five days report fraud. I want it stopped before they even take my money, plus already known as fraud do they even watch for scams.

It's important that your bank is notified and chargeback complaint filed. It's also suggested to file a complaint with the local police department for online theft.

I need input on how we can get my son's $2,040.00 money that is supposed to be credited back to his Direct Express Card. It has been over 2 months now, and I have to pay his bills because Direct Express is saying this money is "Pending" and will not put it back on his card. "How safe is the card"? "Your money is insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) up to the maximum amount allowed by law. You get a Personal Identification Number (PIN) that you use at ATMs, online, and at retail locations to make purchases. If your card is lost or stolen, it will be replaced."

Scenario: My son (Disabled Veteran) went to a reputable federal banking facility to get $2040.00 off his card. The bank processed the cash advance, however, they voided the transaction due to the lack of Primary ID. There were no funds given to my son in this interaction. The bank sent a letter to Direct Express requesting them to process this reversal as soon as possible. This federal bank was courteous enough to sit with my son and call Direct Express. DE was rude and not helpful. They didn't have any answers. After reading many of the reviews on this Direct Express and the "so called bank" Comerica Bank who only makes the plastic card for Direct Express and does not hold any of the funds I am concerned about never getting my money back.

Has anyone contacted? Yes, these people are rude, hang up on you, won't give you answers or direct you to higher management. I believe the money is going onto these debit cards, without any bank being involved, and money is missing. My son noticed small increments of money missing here and there, but now this is large amount of money "Pending" per Direct Express. If there is no bank actually involved, where is the money pending at? Cyber space? Has anyone contacted the FDIC? or OCC "National Bank Regulatory" Commission? Guess that will be the first thing on my "To Do list" tomorrow. Signed: Mother and caretaker who cannot believe this type of fraud is happening, least of all this company is being suggested to our seniors, my son/Disabled Veteran and others by our "Social Security" Administration.

On Jan 29 I decided to order a new card. I opted for lost so I could speak with a human. I have had very little problems in the past with them so I felt this would be easy. The rep I got sounded like she was high on heroin. I had to change my address, and she couldn't spell. I spelled out everything 3 times. I opted for 2 day delivery since my deposit was coming in. I rarely use the card, I just transfer the funds to my landlord.

CSR assured me the card change would not affect my online account and I could still make the transfer. We parted by me asking her to confirm the address. I paid 13.40 for them to send 2 day. She assured me it would arrive Feb 2. So, no tracking number, and no card. I went in my online account to find I cannot transfer funds without my CVV from new card that I don't have!!! I called Customer Service and this time, got a smart Alec idiot who was rude. I won't go into all the dumb things he said, but his summary was the card was sent 2 day by UPS but was returned because the wrong state code was given. OMG I spelled everything three times. I am in ME. She wrote MN. I believe you learn state abbreviations in junior high. He said he could send a new one for an additional 17.90? Really?

I requested supervisor. He was reluctant, finally put someone on who probably wasn't. Super Danielle? Said she would waive fee (a favor) and it would be 2 day. I asked for 1 day she said they don't offer that service. Ugh, my landlord will start a notice to quit. I am dialed and very sick. This money is all I have. I don't believe the Treasury deals with such scammers. I am done once I get it I am using a different account for my SSDI. Shame on the Government for using USdirectexpress. I am going to file a formal complaint in addition to the FTC.

My social security disability benefits go on a debit card issued by Comerica bank. On 2-14-2015 $480 was stolen out of my account. I reported immediately. They denied my claim 3 months later, then I complained to BBB and was contacted by a Vice President of the bank Susan Rutledge. She seemed concerned and said she would have it reinvestigated. 3-days later I was denied again. All they had to do was to go to the bank and watch the video when the card was used and see it was not me. I am a paraplegic bound to a wheelchair!

Not only I have made no purchase with my Victoria Secret Card but I had no notifications that there was a balance. I suddenly received a call on Sunday morning at 8 AM on Jan 24 talking about a purchase from November 3 and a 3 months overdue payment that I had no idea it existed. I actually was out of the country very frequently these past months due to my dad's illness (he passed away ThanksGiving week). The guy on the phone did not care to give any credentials so that I can trust he's from Comerica Bank. He was not helpful at all in providing clarification or looking into this issue.

I usually purchase stuff from Victoria's Secret twice a year (spring/summer and autumn/winter). I remember that last year I had an issue with them with suddenly a credit card payment that appeared out of the blue and I wanted to close the account and they asked me not to do so. This is the second time that it happens. I closed the phone and tried to call both Victoria Secret and Comerica Bank but they don't work sundays. I have worked with other banks and if there is an account issue they call you promptly (within 24 hours) and it gets solved. I have never heard a bank to let 3 months pass from a possible payment and then call, not on a regular business day but Sunday at 8 AM. Sounds self-serving if this is true.

I've had the MasterCard Direct Express for more than three years now. Having served twice, I'm a Vietnam Veteran and former member of Military Intelligence as well as a current member of the American Mensa Society. I've never paid a fee or encountered any problems with this Debit Card. I think this card is perfect for retired people like myself. Too many problems with Debit/Credit cards are self-inflicted. Keep your head out of the sand! The most important thing to remember is to handle your card responsibly and treat it like cash. I give Comerica Bank five stars for a great product!

I called Direct Express months prior of my card expiring. They told me they mailed it and it was returned to sender. I know they are lying. I live alone so I know for a fact it was not sent here and my mailbox has a lock on it. January 2016 I called them to tell them I never got my card. They said they would mail it out again. They did and it came in 2 days. They charged me $13 for mailing it. It is not my fault I did not receive it and if it was mailed here I know it was not sent back. I think they are lying. When I called them to ask about it I was calm and they rudely hung up on me. I know this is a small amount but like most of us on SSI.... We like off of that little bit of money. Would like to know if this has happens to anyone else.

Social Security beneficiaries please be aware of Direct Express Master Card. This service or may I say (lack of service) is a rip off to the U.S. Government and consumers money. When you call the customer service number the agents are very rude, ignorant and purposely screw up your account information just to make money off of your account by sending you a new card. This has happened to me several times in the past and even now. The charge for a new card is $4.00-$19.75 and they purposely leave your old accounts open so that you will not receive your benefits to the new card at the beginning of the month.

When calling and inquiring about the problem they will yell at you, curse you out and issue you a new card charging you more money for the new card. This is a vicious cycle of continuous mismanagement and rip off to the public that should not be tolerated. I have made a complaint to the U.S. Soc. Sec. Admin. I am also going to follow up with the District Attorneys Office - Consumer Protection Agency.

At first I was with Direct Express, didn't have problems. Then switched to NetSpend and started having issues with them. Somebody out there has my information and has been using it. So the first time with NetSpend, they gave the money back. Then it happened at again and a few more times after that. The last time they just cancelled my account and sent me a check with money missing. I went back to Direct Express thinking I was going to be fine (I thought wrong). Last month Direct Express just took money off, 491$ to be exact. They had to treat it as a dispute. I got the paperwork and would call to check the status. I was told pending. Then a few days ago they said it was "conflicted" so they won't give my money back.

Then on the first, a guy came in (which I find out later) with a scanner. I did not know what he was doing. I ignored it until I came across a lady who asked "did he get you too?" That's when I checked my card and this time over $600 came up missing. So I had to do another dispute and this time filed a police report and sent it along with the dispute. It's still pending but I want ALL MY MONEY THAT WAS TAKEN. I'm tired of this happening. Christmas is a few weeks away and I couldn't even get nothing for my children. I want to do paper checks but I don't know if I will get the short end of the stick yet again. I just want my money back so my bills and Christmas can be done with. It never fails. Every other month I'm going through something. All because some idiot have my info.

Social security made me the payee of Michael ** to receive his payments because he can't read or write and he's on heavy medication which he can become suicidal at anytime. They ask me to fax them my info which I did fax them my driver license 3 times, twice from Mort Jacobs Pharmacy in Paterson NJ and the social security office in Clifton faxed it over with a cover letter. This was on November 30, 2015 and December 1, 2015. It was confirmed the fax went through by the agencies I went to.

Direct Express is stating they never received it. Michael's rent has to be paid or there will be late fees and an eviction which is not fair, they're holding his money. He's been attempting, stating to us he's gonna commit suicide if his money is not released. He's under a lot of stress and pressure. This company has gotten dozens of complaints. Please give me a call ASAP, please I need your help even if you can fax it to them for me. I'm using my money and I'm only the payee. I have my own family to take care of. This is too much stress on us at this point. Please take the time to contact me.

Very harassing. Do not give any response and arrogant behavior at branch where business account was opened as well as very unclear- incomplete and bad communication from branch office as well as from Compliance and wire department. Always going in circle and yet no definitive answers.

I work for a small business (as defined by the banking industry). We have had an account with Comerica for over 20 years. I rarely contact them for assistance. On 11/9/15 I contacted the 800 customer service line as I was informed that one of our vendors did not show payment for a check that had cleared our bank on 4/20/15. I looked online and because it was so long ago could not bring up the copy of the cancelled check. I contacted the 800 #. They told me to go to the banking center and they could print it for me. I went to the branch at Crooks Road and Big Beaver Road in Troy. The teller could not have been more rude!!!

It was clear she did not want to be bothered helping a customer and told me to bring back my bank statement from April showing the check cleared. I am sorry but why should I have to do this, they can't look it up? So I went back to the office and called the 800 # again. They said they would order a copy but it would cost me to get the copy. They don't seem to mind using our money we have in their bank to make money for themselves but they are going to charge me to get a copy of a check they removed from my on-line bank! I called today to ask where the check was as I have not received it yet.

They said it was sent on 11/12 and if I didn't have it I could re-request it again. I need the copy of the check now not in a week so I asked to speak with the manager in that department. I was told to go to the branch and speak with the manager there. I told them I have already been to the branch and I wanted to speak with a manager of the check copy department. I was told no manager would speak to me. So I ask you, who is the customer? If you are a small business I suggest you take your money elsewhere. I know there are banks out there that care about customer service and customer loyalty. COMERICA IS NOT ONE OF THEM.

We are very alarmed and outrageous with the fees increased significantly as follows: In addition to this we had never been notified for these fees increases in prior. Upon calling at the local branch in Houston, Branch manager advised that she is unable to help us and we need to call or write to the corporate office. We are very disappointed with the runaround received from several Comerica personnel. In month of September we were charged outrageous fee of $37 for the local wire transfer transaction. Our service charge fee has been jumped from $85.91 in September to $126.07. Our overdraft fees have been jumped from $25 in September to $33 and then to $37 currently. All overdraft fees prior to September regardless of how many occurred were charged at $25. We are very shocked with these outrageous fee increases.

Comerica offered a zero-interest credit card balance transfer promotion. Nowhere was it clearly stated that there was a $300 transfer fee. That was the first issue. Next, I didn't receive a statement until my minimum payment was showing as a late fee. Finally, because of the late fee, they cancelled the initial promotion and started changing interest on my balance transfer. They don't care about their customers other than to find new ways to nickel and dime them.

They stole my $940 disability check. Believe all the complaints. This company they are rude unprofessional, and it is simply unacceptable. I called several times. On September 21, 2015 I called direct express to re-enroll my benefits. The girl said she would handle it. She sent a new card, said it would be here within ten days close to the 2nd. Apparently they have different cards because, per Vicky, they sent the wrong card? BULL. So today is the second and my benefits are on a new card? Apparently they ordered another card on September 25, 2015 and I have to wait.

So who authorized it? Why didn't Direct Express contact me? Rude Vicky hangs up on me twice. Now THE FACTS - there is ONLY ONE CARD, The Direct Express card is a prepaid debit card offered to Social Security and Supplemental Security Income check recipients who wish to receive their benefits electronically. The debit card offers the convenience and security of using electronic transactions to spend and access your money rather than using cash for purchases. You do not need to have a bank account to sign up for the card. There is no credit check or minimum balance requirement. BOTTOM LINE THEY OFFER ONE CARD. I WAS RE ENROLLED ON THE 21ST. Now dealing with a rude Jeremy. Per Vicky and Jeremy I have to wait for the card issued on the 25th that someone unknown mysteriously ordered. Then the highest supervisor Tim said, "Well, we can expedite a NEW card for $13.95."

I am going to take money out and closing account forever. I receive an email "A deposit will be available to your Direct Express debit card on 10/02/15 at 1:00am ET/12:00am CT." Yes on a new card. No one told me about. Now my bill money (which bills are due today) sit in limbo. I asked several times who authorized a new card. Just couldn't get a straight answer. This company is shady. I want my $940 you stole. I will now have a late rent fee of $50. I am most certainly not paying the new card fee of $4. Please remove that.

Comerica Bank Company Profile