2. Finance

Detroit, MI

3.8/5 (221 ratings)

About Comerica Bank

Comerica Bank Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Comerica Bank?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Comerica Bank?

Original review: July 4, 2021

No phone # on back of card. Goprogram.com would not let me register. I fear it will not be funded when It should be. # associated DOES NOT have a LIVE PERSON, RECORDED INFO only. What if Comerica Bank errs? "Yes there are fees for calling customer service.".. Why are there so many fees? I should be happy at least I got my card, the benefits are starting this week and some people have yet to get the card... Shameful.

Original review: July 3, 2021

I had a check stolen from the mailbox - the thief changed the name and amount, for $1,500- and cashed it the same day it was electronically deposited into a Chase Bank account! I filed a claim one day after when I found out! The result? I had to close my account, wait for new checks, (3 weeks later) and the Comerica fraud dept. informed me my claim may take up to 120 days?? Well it has been over a month, no word, no response. I have had a business account with them for over 10 years, no interest checking, bad service, a manager who is always pretending to be busy whenever I am in the bank. They ignore customers, refuse to stand up to my fraud claim- don't they have insurance for matters like this? I am 60 years old and have never had a situation where the bank ignores the customer and passes the responsibility and refuses to respond.

Get buying tips about Banks and Credit Unions delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 10, 2021

I have been a Comerica customer since the Detroit Bank and Trust days- many decades. Each year, their customer service deteriorates even more. The “customer service” people aren’t even courteous anymore. They are unprofessional and uncaring. My blood is boiling. My debit card was declined and I am traveling. The agent said she didn’t show any record of the card being declined and implied that it was my error. She said I should have asked the clerk for assistance. Frankly, at that point, I was too embarrassed. What happened to customer empathy? Thanks for nothing. I’ve had enough of Comerica!!

Original review: March 27, 2021

Worst banking ever. I have a Credit card merchant machine that I’ve owned for three months and never worked. I’ve contacted the bank and customer service over 50 times and I’m still at the same position with the same machine. Worst customer service I’ve ever dealt with any years. Also slowing me down And messing up my business financially.

Original review: March 18, 2021

The stimulus money was released from the U.S. Treasury last week. Where the hell is my money? I got bills to pay. Making disabled people wait is wrong. Need to have an actual person to talk to not a machine when talking about money. Now send out the stimulus checks

Original review: March 16, 2021

Very disappointed with Comerica. They put me in foreclosures 2 times. Charging me $20.00 in maintenance fees. Lost my husband of 40 yrs. Income went down a lot. Had to sell house and file bankruptcy. Tried closing.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2021

This is an absolute joke of a bank. Unhelpful and unfriendly customer service, a TERRIBLE phone system that never lets you go through to an actual agent, and a dated website with frequent outages (don't even get me started on their app—it would get a C- on a high school programming test). Beyond that, their rates are seriously noncompetitive. To call Comerica a dumpster fire is actually quite accurate, because saving your money here is equivalent to burning it. Comerica is the bank you use because it's the bank your parents used. Do yourself a favor and go somewhere else.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2021

This is a "RIP-OFF" institution! I received a Way2Go card because I just became unemployed. I DID NOT sign up for this card but somehow it defaulted to it. When I received it, I made a cash advance at my bank so that I could put it into my account for bills. Comerica Bank charged me a $3.00 for each withdrawal (2 in total) and this now, as insignificant as the amount may seem, deducts from bills that still need to be paid! I am disgusted that an institution would take $$ from the unemployed in this pandemic. SHAME ON YOU!!! My rating for this bank is sub-zero stars!! They make you select at least one star - but I'd go with flames instead if I could.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2020

Wow, have a Savings and checking. Opened 2 months ago. Locked out of Web access EVERY other day!!! Impossible to see my accounts. Super difficult to unlock with a horrible phone Bot that never works and if I wait for real person? the phone hangs up or it goes on and on. Then while I had 3.5k in my checking they charged my low balance savings INTO overdraft, I had zero in it due to being locked out of my account with no way to transfer. So then they charge $6 per day on the savings account for the $10 maintenance fee THEY put on it to sink it into the RED. I was pretty mad, went to the local branch and they reversed the charge, but still.

I've also had embarrassing debit card turn downs on amounts as low as $7 with thousands in my account. I'm so sick of them I now keep my funds in my Tdameritrade where I can see it! This Bank is absurd. I'm moving over to Chase at huge inconvenience in setting up all the links etc., but it would be foolish to continue with a bank which obviously cares nothing about the common customer and only about lucrative distributions of federal stimulus money. One final note - the average bank employees are super nice. This has everything to do with corporate!

Original review: Oct. 10, 2020

2 months ago I told them that I had 5 purchases on my card that were not mine. Today they sent me a letter denying my claim. I have been on the phone with them for 3 hours a day. Nothing gets done. They don't look into no claims at all. They are frauds.

Comerica Bank Company Information