Detroit, MI

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.26/5

Comerica Bank Reviews

Original review: Jan. 6, 2020

I received a check for $100.00 as a Christmas gift. I went to this bank, as it was drawn from here. My last name is a very different one and happened to be spelled with 1 letter incorrect, which the writer corrected and initialed. The amount of unprofessionalism and down right rudeness I was given was appalling. I will NEVER recommend this bank to anyone. Just AWFUL!!!

Original review: Dec. 31, 2019

Their online banking was absolutely atrocious. The Internet was always down when I tried to do online banking. They never knew what I had in the bank. It was a total nightmare. Had it not been for Laura and all her help I would’ve quit the bank sooner. When I finally did change banks went to a credit union, One of the supervisors assured me that the check had cleared indeed. It did not and my rent check bounced. First one in seven years and now I’m having to give certified funds monthly basis and I am disabled. She did everything she could to help me but the Internet half the time didn’t work even for her. She was exceptional but the day I went in to make sure that that rent check is cleared and I was assured it had well it didn’t so when I put the funds into the credit union that count car is the check to be NSF. It is very hard for me to get a certified check every month and this is totally unacceptable to me. She did all she could to help me.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2019

This bank is in charge of me getting $360 stolen off my Direct Express card. I filed a Dispute with Direct Express and after waiting 2 hours to talk to someone these jerks had to then transfer me to the Dispute Dept. for another hour wait. So I filled out the Dispute and spent $7.00 with Mailbox Center to send the paperwork back and only within 1 week they sent me the outcome! And you guessed it, they said it was my fault and they got proof from U.S. Bank here in Spokane that I got the $360 out of the cash machine and I did not because I did not want to pay a $4 service charge and I canceled the transaction and went to another bank to get the $360. I went to U.S. Bank and they said they never sent and documentation to Direct Express about this case so whoever is in charge with the Dispute Dept. at Direct Express is lying and ripping off disabled people's money out of their accounts.

I checked with BBB and Comerica Bank Complaints online and there was over 2000 of them about folks missing money and how hard it is to contact Direct Express. I only get $514 a month and anyone could figure out I could not have got $360 out of two different cash machines within 10 minutes. This has been an ongoing nightmare trying to get my cash back since Oct 10th 2019 and I still have not been able to pay my rent for December and now I owe $150 in late charges and might get kicked out of my apartment that I just moved into 3 months ago. The bad thing is I had to get a title loan on my car to pay the extra $200 in late charges on rent in November. I hope someone can investigate how many customers are getting taken advantage of with Direct Express! I hate everything about them and I would give them 0 out of 5 stars for service if I could!

Original review: Dec. 10, 2019

Consumer be aware that this bank is a fraudulent bank that is connected with Direct Express over with over 2000 customer complaints about Fraudulent account activity and money being stolen off of people's ssi card in different States and direct express call center is doing absolutely nothing about it. They're saying that you must wait 90 to 45 days for resolution. Once the time comes they will cancel the dispute stating that they do not have enough evidence. An investigation should be launched against the company and the employees should be in jail!

Original review: Nov. 1, 2019

23 minute wait time. I was told one story for the fee by the first person which I explained could not be true and why and the woman did not know what to say and put me on hold. The next woman gave me a different story and I again took that story apart and she basically said too bad. She put me on hold again and called my banking center who then refunded the fee. Then she told me NOT TO CALL customer service but to call the bank directly. If they do not want customers to call what is their purpose in existing? What makes this worse is they had no reason to charge the fee and were just hoping I would not notice or not care enough to bother or maybe if I did call they could lie to me enough that I would just quit.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Comerica Bank?

Original review: Oct. 8, 2019

The ATMs are down often. The website works sometimes. The mobile app is actually more reliable than the website, except when it doesn't work. It takes up to 3 days for people to respond if you contact them through your account website. And they're slow about processing direct deposits.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2019

MY IDENTITY has been STOLEN & someone at COMERICA BANK or DIRECT EXPRESS-which is how I get my disability payments, have given out my card info (you can find that out with a Google search for "Direct Express, Comerica bank fraud" & see this's happened to many people. When I call the bank, every time they tell me they're not a bank but only printed the card, & only put their name on it for "advertising purposes". It makes no sense-why advertise you're a bank if you are not!? The Treasury department's website says they are the bank that handles the SSI/DISABILITY cards for Direct Express! And now I can't get my $200+ back through either company! They've both been horrible!

Original review: Oct. 2, 2019

I sure wish we would have read these reviews before suggesting our son, who is a college student in the area, open an account with this bank. It's been an absolutely terrible experience. The people I have spoken with have been rude and arrogant. They are not helpful whatsoever. The nightmare we have encountered is too long to recite but I will never ever encourage someone to open an account at this bank, ever!

Original review: July 30, 2019

I'm 48 years old and never in my life have I dealt with such an awful bank. I can't even count the multiple issues I've had with my HELOC, and every time I call, it takes forever to talk with someone who always has to 'submit' the issue to someone else that I can't actually talk to. They have made incorrect deposits, blocked & refunded principal payments without my authorization... I could go on & on. I literally just spent 45 minutes on the phone to talk to a supervisor who could not help me with the myriad issues the bank has made. I'm speechless. I can't wait to close my HELOC and associated checking account with them. Good lord.

Original review: July 18, 2019

This bank truly tops the charts of worst bank in the United States. For my line of credit, statements aren't accessible via their online portal. If you don't have a copy, you need to call them. Initially a talked to the customer service representative, Linda, who incorrectly told me that the account was closed. She wouldn't mail me a closing statement because I gave her a mailing address that wasn't on file. I clarified that I own several properties and even confirmed the mailing address that she had on file but that wasn't good enough for her. I asked to talk to a manager, but no manager was available for days according to her. I called back and another rep told me it wasn't closed. I learned that they can mail me one to you in 7-10 business days and faxing can be requested (3 day turn around), but they cannot guarantee that their faxing team will even send it. This is holding up a refinance that I am trying to accomplish.

Comerica Bank Company Information