2. Finance
  3. Car Loans

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.16/5

Citizens Auto Finance Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Citizens Auto Finance?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Citizens Auto Finance?

Original review: Jan. 18, 2020

WORST WORST WORST WORST WORST Customer service ever. They are refusing to pay me back money after my auto loan account was closed over a month ago. Was spoken so rudely too when inquiring when my check would be sent, for which they told me since my account was closed they can't send a check.. WHAT? SO horrific, do NOT use them!!!!

Original review: Dec. 16, 2019

This bank is a joke. The customer service department is terrible. I was on hold for over 20 minutes and hung up on. I had to call back and was on hold for another 15. The whole process took over an hour! They owed me a $350 credit and “forgot” to send the check out. It is not 10 days before Christmas and I have a 3 year old daughter to shop for!!!! I am disgusted by this bank.

Get buying tips about Auto Loans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2019

We financed a car with Citizen and then refinanced with another bank. For four months we reached out to them by phone and to a branch in person to request the title and got the run around each time. Finally, after a visit to the bank who paid the loan Citizen didn't send the title but sent a lien release letter. They'd never admit they lost it or whatever so just sent the lien release. WHY SHOULD THEY PAY THE $50 FEE FOR A DUPLICATE TITLE WHEN THEY CAN FORCE THE CUSTOMER DO IT??

Original review: Sept. 10, 2019

Citizens Auto finance, trying to get title company to send title to Florida so I can complete registration requirements. Citizens refuse to send title, they want me to use website Mytitlesupport.com. Motor vehicle in Florida will not accept title from them. Website have many complaints. They take your money but never follow through. Need someone help. My temp tag is going to expire on the 17 September 2019. This is my second temp tag. Help! Car is going to have to sit in yard, can't use no tags.

Original review: July 22, 2019

This company has been very helpful in trying to make sure I can pay my payments on time. They have moved my due date to accommodate me. Also they respond in a pretty timely manner for all the questions I have submitted online.

Original review: July 17, 2019

The interest rates I am charged is 7% even with a credit score of 781. I am on a fixed income and am a senior. Always have paid my bills, mortgage, never a late payment. I will try to refinance out of this at some point.

Original review: June 13, 2019

My mother took out a loan from this company and as executor of the estate I tried to settle the account to transfer title to her Grandson upon her death. Months and months of total nonsense paid in full and no release finally after repeated calls and multiple faxes documents mail etc... They finally gave me a payoff amount and further instructions to satisfy the loan. Then after several months and even more inquiries and multiple faxes and phone calls moving from supervisor to supervisor I was to find out they sent the release to the wrong address. At that point they gave me the number and website Titlesupport.com where I had to start all over again with another round of nonsense. Please don't ever buy anything financed through this unbelievably incompetent company that should not be in business. If there was such a thing as a sub-sub-sub-prime lender this would be it!!!

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

I ordered a duplicate title, they billed and ordered it as a lien release. Canceled 5 minutes late on phone and they billed out a 10 dollar cancellation fee. Terrible service and not helpful. Explanation of service and what was needed was incoherent.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

I refinanced my vehicle loan and paid Citizens One in full with bank check and my personal check for the minor difference. I went online to see if payoff was received (which it was) and noticed that the balance history did not add up correctly from October to November 2018. Instead of balance decreasing from my loan payment it actually increased by 86.00. I called (2 hours on hold) then got a customer service rep who claimed that the November payment was not received. I said I have proof of payment with electronic transfer confirmation from my bank then the Citizens One representative stated it was returned to my bank (there is no proof that it was ever returned. My bank told me and gave me documentation that they received the payment.

The next day, when I logged in, I found my loan-account had been deleted. No trace of it existed! I couldn't look at previous payments...or even see my account number. When I spoke with customer service, they confirmed this is their policy to delete paid accounts. I informed them that my bank I refinance the loan and made payments to them told me to inform them that they will be calling them about the missing payment and the overpayment of the payoff amount. I also asked why my emails went unanswered on my loan account and did not get an answer. I will be filing a complaint with the NYS Banking Commission, Consumer Affairs and Better Business Bureau. There is something going on with the funds that the amounts are not adding up correctly and there needs to be some kind of audit because the money paid is not being accounted for correctly.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

The customer service is great but it has been difficult paying off my auto loan as I accrue 1 cent per day and have to make the final payment via check only! I was told by two different people if I paid it over the phone or internet, the charge would end up coming right back as it wasn’t an effective method for final payment. However, paying it off in full via check may leave me with 1 or 2 random cents left by the time they actually receive the payment. It’s absurd. Why can’t we just overpay to catch any error in time lapse? Hitting that payoff down to the cent when it keeps changing seems like an antiquated method and they will certainly keep your title until that 1 cent is rectified. Just a suggestion for improvement.

Citizens Auto Finance Company Information