Compare Auto Loan Rates

Compare Auto Loan Rates

Apply Today and Save - Lower Your Rates

Compare Rates

47 Citizens Auto Finance Consumer Reviews

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

I purchased a new vehicle in 2007. Financed with this bank. The vehicle was paid off in 2012 or 2013, I had a runaround with them trying to get the title. I was sent to Mytitlesupport.com a company they work with to get a title. The vehicle was PAID OFF and I paid to get a title through Mytitlesupport. In 2018 I used the vehicle as collateral for a small loan and my bank told me I didn’t have a clear title. I called the ** number and had an unbelievable runaround again. The lady I spoke with found my account and it showed that they had not released the lien after 5 or more years of the vehicle being paid off.

I was then told to call back in a week to make sure she had done her job and had the lien released. I call back. The first person finds my account via my SSN, I’m put on hold for the vehicle finance division, when the man answers he says he has no record with that social. After one person finds it suddenly he can’t. I was furious with the incompetence of this company and them sending me to their title company to pay again and again for their lack of ethics. Worst experience with any company I have ever had.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2017

Completely incompetent. It has been over a month since I have purchased my vehicle. I have yet to receive anything from them to register my new truck. They sent the wrong document to the DMV. Who does that? They won't talk to you on the phone unless you are the account holder. I'm just trying to register my vehicle and I can't. I've never heard of anything like this. Complete joke. Pull it together.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

I paid off my car and told literally 4 different people my new address to send the title. A month went by and of course the title was sent to the address I had 6 years prior. Because Citizens One screwed up they claimed they would send me a duplicate title. I called back 2 months later and they said they can't send me a duplicate title and I would have to get on my own. I called a third time for the lien release and never received that. 4 calls including speaking to a supervisor and 4 months later I have not received a lien release and now will have to pay for a duplicate title for their incompetence. Very aggravated.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

Truly an incompetent agency. I needed something as simple as a copy of the title on lien through them. Not asking for the title itself, just simple proof of the lien for the DMV. They said it was against bank policy and directed me to a third party that was equally incompetent and repeatedly directed me back and forth between them and the bank. So because of a moronic policy, I am unable to get to the DMV to register my vehicle. I am immediately refinancing to USAA to avoid ever having to deal with Citizens again.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

My parents are both disabled. They fell into hard times. My mom had a major stroke with a terrible brain injury along with it. She was skipping bills. So I took over last month. I intercepted the mail and received a loan statement that was high but not anything near horrid. I paid $500 towards it. Citizens cashed the check. Yesterday my parents’ car was repossessed. So thank you Citizens One. You're a great company. No warning. Nothing. I called the bank today. Terrible customer service. Stone cold service. I'm going to have them refinance their car. This is ridiculous. No need for stupidity.

Now the tow yard the truck is in has the "right" to ship the car to any place the bank wants. I'm in MA. They said as far as PA!!! What?!?! I'm so upset. I'm their Caretaker and I'm disabled on top of it due to a major car accident back in 2005. I do my best. But this company didn't and or wouldn't help at all. Sneaky shysters. Watch out. This is a warning to you reviewers!! I hope this message finds everyone well. And please don't be as naive as my parents were. Listen to all of these negative remarks. I doubt we’re all stretching the truth. RUN!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Citizens Auto Finance?

Original review: July 20, 2017

I always pay on time every month. In April I was in an accident that totaled my car. Thankfully my insurance and GAP covered everything and within 3 months paid everything with 4 large checks. Citizens reported me for late payment even though I kept close communication with them about the claim process and when the check were coming in. They received over $7,000 within 2 months, makes no sense why they would report me. They acted very uninterested in my troubles every time I called, I even sent them an email a week ago and have received no response. If I'm in the wrong for whatever technicality I understand, but their uncaring attitude makes me not ever want to do business with this institution.

Original review: May 12, 2017

Bought my car in Ohio, paid it off when I moved to California. They NEVER sent me the title, it took hours on the phone to find it and then I had to PAY FOR THE TITLE. I called Citizens to try to locate the title and find out why I had not received a copy. The woman I spoke to at Citizens (Karina) was rude and not customer focused. She kept saying how busy she was and then hung up on me when I asked to speak with a supervisor. I WILL NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH THIS GROUP AGAIN. They need to train their customer service people to be customer oriented. The fact that I paid the car off and now have to pay for the title of the car I own is ludicrous. No one at Citizens knew how to help me find the location of the title. They are awful.

Original review: April 24, 2017

I have had this loan since 2008, never once paid late. Every now and then, this bank decides to call and harass me like I'm some kind of deadbeat. Happened again today. My payment is due on the 20th, I ALWAYS make it by the 27th. Here it is the 24th and they call being EXTREMELY rude asking "when is the payment coming", "we are in Collections", "how much are you sending and when", on and on and on. It is TOTAL harassment. I will NEVER EVER do business with them again. Completely unprofessional company and people!

Original review: March 15, 2017

Throughout the loan, terrible customer service. No one has answers. Always transferring you to someone else, and blaming each other. Dropped calls after holding long periods of time. I was on electronic auto pay, yet they said I missed payments and tried to charge me late fees. This is a scam operation hoping you don't check your account so they can steal money from you. Icing on the cake, I paid my loan off and never received the "letter of lien release". Then they made me pay a fee to a 3rd party title company to send the information. Terrible service, rude supervisors, unethical practices. I would rate lower than one star if that was possible.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2016

I paid my car off 16 months ago and never received my title. Thinking it got lost in the mail or something, I went to the state building to get a new title and the state tells me that there is a lien on my vehicle. I call RBS and they are telling to call mytitlesupport.com. This company is telling me that I have to call RBS to have the lien released from my car. Meanwhile, they are not releasing the lien from my car but yet one company blaming another.

Citizens Auto Finance Company Information