3.61/5

Chase Online Banking

Chase personal and small business credit cardholders can earn cash back and points for travel, complete balance transfers and more. Chase credit cards are available with or without an annual fee and come with access to mobile banking, free credit management tools, plus privacy and security features. Chase cards aren’t the easiest to get approved for, but access to the Chase Ultimate Rewards program makes them worth considering.

141 Chase Online Banking Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 3, 2019

I initiated wire transfers and each time my account was suspended because they were concerned about fraud. Ok, I’ll give them that but why keep suspending the account after the first wire transfer and identify was verified via telephone? So, on the second wire transfer they suspended the account again and now they’re requiring me to go to one of their branches (which is not local to me) and provide “photo identification” to really prove that I’m the account holder. Wtf? How is it any different providing them my social security number, birthdate, and other personal information that I would, as an account holder, only know relevant to my account. Anyone can forge an ID and a picture so how will they know if it’s really me whether I personally go into one of their branches or not. I understand they’re concerned about fraud but this is way over the top and absolutely ridiculous. After this, I will be looking for another bank.

Original review: April 16, 2019

Locked my account due to I was setting up autopay for 3 months ahead. I was told I had to go to bank and show them that I had the funds for another bank before my account would be unlocked. I went to the bank. The banker associate called Chase and my file was pulled up and it was requested I had to open app from another bank so she could see my balance. I was so mad and I have VM from Chase exec that, that is not standard Practice. How could the bank lose money by me setting up 3 months of transfers to pay my mortgage? If I don't make a payment I get hit with a late fee so me having to prove I have over 3,210 in another bank is ridiculous. The banker wanted to see my phone. I was, "NO! You aren't looking at my purchase! You can see the total in the account without taking my phone. I do have the VM from bank executive."

Get expert buying tips about Online Banks delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 13, 2019

Trying to do the same banking I do every month but for some reason this month, there's an issue with it. Seems like no one knows how to solve it. Was told 4 times it's been fixed but has not been. There's no responsibility from any of the people I've been talking too. And forget the call centers, they just read off a script and are of no help. There have been a handful of helpful people but mostly not. Think it would be better to take your banking elsewhere. I know I'm thinking about doing that. Other banks don't seem to have these issues.

Original review: April 9, 2019

I have always been pretty poor and have yet to even get a credit card of any kind so I don't know how much my review will matter. I wanted to put it out there though that using my direct deposit and the basic online functions (just to check my account, and maybe once every three years or so use the quick-pay feature to transfer money to somebody) for my debit card have not been problematic in the many years I've been with Chase (at least eight?). I've only overdrawn my account a few times and they are always quick to reverse the charge for me due to my good standing. I've never had any problems logging into the site or having it display incorrectly from any computer or browser I have used.

This being said, I am aware how shady this bank can be from things I've heard online and from others in person. I was at BoA before Chase and they were even worse, so I switched. I'm not that great with bank knowledge or money knowledge in general so I kind of just went with the first thing near me that wasn't BoA. If I were going to need business accounts or loans or even just a credit card I'd have to say I would definitely research and switch banks before pursuing anything more complicated than what I have now. As for very basic debit-card related stuff that does not need extra features and is not complicated this bank has worked just fine for me with zero problems. Be wary though, especially with all the bad reviews!

Original review: March 29, 2019

After years of using the Chase Credit Card Ink App, Chase sent me an email stating they were retiring the Ink App. This is what I have relied on for my small business taxes for years. The app allows you to tag all your credit card purchase with your own tags and upload receipt. Chase has not offer any solutions to the problem that they are causing small businesses by offering a product to use with their credit card and then just deciding to remove the feature that they offered. This is not acceptable. Now that they do not want to offer this feature, I will be looking to move both my business credit cards and my personal. I only do business with companies that care about the customers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chase?

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

I have repeatedly tried to access Chase Online Banking for my two Chase Freedom credit cards. When I log in, it produces an overlay screen asking for a new email or to confirm existing email. No matter what choice I select, whether I confirm my existing email (which is valid) or enter a different email (which is also valid), it then goes back to the same screen and does not let me into my account. I had to pay this month's bill manually by phone. Chase, you need to fix this rather annoying "feature" of your broken website, thanks!

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

As other mentioned, Chase has a serious problem with recent promotion offering $600 for new account opening. I have been with Chase for over 20 years, using their credit cards and auto loan products. Last week I was offered $600 for opening a new account and I foolishly proceeded to open it. As with others here, I opened the account and set it up to be funded from my bank account that I've Been using for all those years to pay my Chase credit card and auto loan bills. Everything went well. But when I wanted to log in, my online account was locked, including all my credit cards and my new bank account. No one could tell me anything except advising me that the only way to deal with that would be visiting Chase local branch. We only have ONE local branch in Boston Area and it is 35 miles from me.

Three days later I was in vicinity of that branch and I found a window in my schedule and went there. I had to wait a long time, but when I got to a live person, she told me that my account was closed by the bank. Again, no one could tell me why. They gave me the number to call, same result. They could not log me in to see my credit cards and told me I had to reset everything from my phone computer. When I asked which one (I have 5 at home) the lady had no idea, became angry and effectively pushed me out of the branch.

When I got home and tried to reset the web access, it would not work. But when I called Chase and told them that I do not care about the bank account, I just need access to my cards, it took them 5 minutes to reset everything by sending me verification text to my cell. Two days later I received 3 letters from Chase advising me that my inbound money transfer to fund the account was canceled and that they were closing my account. Again, no explanation. The account was closed 2 days before I went to the branch. No call, no email, no text to let me know that there is an issue. I filed a complaint with their Executive office, have not heard from them yet. But reading about other people experience I feel like a class action lawsuit now. Chase, what is going on?

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

Having had two Chase credit cards, Freedom & Sapphire, which I enjoyed the online experience for many years, I was seduced by an offer from Chase to open a Checking & Savings account. After opening the accounts, I attempted to transfer money into them by linking to my current bank & my Fidelity account. Everything seemed to be going smoothly. Next day, when I attempted to log on to my Chase account to check on the status of the transfer, I was LOCKED OUT. Calling up, I was directed to a noisy line (both of us had to ask the other to repeat our questions/answers) where someone tried to verify my identity, & I failed. How can I fail if I know the UID and password for my account! Now my only option is to travel to a branch. Chase only has ONE (1) BRANCH open in MASSACHUSETTS! The only thing that I did wrong was to fall for the scam effort to get me to open another account. If I wanted to go to a branch of a bank, I would pick a local one.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

Banner takes up 30% of screen, has transposed lettering over itself, can only see about 3 transactions at a time in remaining space. Try searching for recurring - never heard of it. Regional bank look.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

Like others here I've had same to similar issues logging into my online account. At least 3-4-5 times a month logging in takes FOREVER IF AT ALL. Today NOTHING. Sends me to a blank page. My only reason for leaving Bank of America was Chase's 300.00 reward for opening a checking. BIG REGRETS. If switching back wasn't such a pain I would in a minute.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

My login attempts since Dec 13, 2018 have been loading slowly. Once it does finally load I may have to refresh again because the page is completely scrambled. I have tried logging in on other computers and I get the same result. It has been over a week and they still have not fixed this issue. It happens every day. Wasting my time is not acceptable.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

Wow! Where do I begin... This past Sept. My online account was hacked by someone in Fla. The hacker opened up a liquid card account in my name through a Chase branch in Fla. He used said prepaid card to move money from my Chase account as well as to set up Google Pay so as to increase withdrawn amounts... more that Chase limits. On Sept. 26th hacker withdrew two $1000 cash amounts from my checking... As well, hacker must have sold my account info to other hackers. Several small amounts of cash were withdrawn from my checking...

I contacted Chase Bank branch here in Findlay Ohio regarding the matter of the hack and cash loss... Action was taken to close my existing accounts... new ones opened. Chase deposited cash into my new account under temporary deposit... I asked Chase why the hacker in Fla, GA. and TN were able to withdraw amounts exceeding my card limit withdraws at Chase ATM? No one in the Chase Banking system would give me a answer.

Long story short... Chase contacted me via letter form 4 times over the course of 70 days. The first credit to my account was taken back by Chase stating transactions were shown to be correct. One week later Chase letter stated they were mistaken and the cash was put back in my account. These credit and cash debit actions, on the part of Chase Bank, happened four times. On Dec. 10th of 2018 Chase letter informed me that the fraudulent cash withdraws down in Fla. were found to be correct transaction and they withdrew cash from my checking account twice... Dec. 5th and again on the 6th. The letter 4 days after the fact of withdrawing cash from my account stated that the claim I had with Chase was closed and no further action would take place... hmm.

OK... folks in parting from this statement know this issue... Chase security, Global Security, has my file and pictures (2) of the person conducting the ATM withdrawals of Cash down in Fla..$1000 each... The morning of Sept 26th at 9:06 AM I bought $5 of postage at the Findlay Ohio post office...using my debit card with Chase. At 9:11 AM Sept 26th the hacker in Fla. withdrew $1000 cash from a Chase ATM. Two question are "how could I be in Ohio at 9:06 AM

and also in Fla at 9:11 AM..." Second question... Chase ATM security has photos of the hacker of my accounts down in Fla. Chase has a complete file on me with pictured IDs that clearly show their ID Theft and Fraud Dept. that I did not conduct any cash withdraws in Fla.

Interestingly... Chase ruled that the smaller amounts of cash withdrawn from my account in GA and TN were found to be fraud... Chase made final credited to my account for the smaller amounts of $40 60 and $70... est. However, the larger ATM fraudulent cash withdraws are ruled correct transaction!! They are my lost at this point in my claim against Chase. ANYONE HAVING HACKED ACCOUNT ISSUES WITH Chase BANK PLEASE CONTACT ME HERE IN FINDLAY, OHIO. **. Only in America...

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

The past 5 times I have attempted to log in to my Chase credit card account online, the page loads extremely slow! It takes almost 90 seconds for the page to load. I have tried logging in on other computers and I get the same result. PLEASE FIX THIS ASAP! It's such an inconvenience.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

Got a mailer from Chase that offered $600 to open a checking and savings account. Being that I already had a handful of Chase credit cards I figured why not make some free money. So, I opened the accounts online and proceeded to add an external account to transfer funds into the new Chase accounts. After ACH verification I setup a couple of transfers and a couple of days later I find that my online account was suspended for suspicious activity. Called the banking and credit card customer support and they couldn't view or unlock my account. I was told to visit a branch in-person with two forms of ID to re-activate my account.

What a bunch of morons at Chase. The offer required that you make a large minimum deposit and yet if you do they'll suspend your account. Really pissed that I have to waste a day to visit a local branch that is an hours drive away to resolve this problem. The only sure thing I know is in 6-months I will be closing the Chase accounts, that is if I ever receive the bonus offer - which I seriously doubt now. In 20 years of banking with Citi I never experienced such an asinine problem.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2018

For the past 3-4 weeks I cannot access my online accounts. I continue to get an "update browser" notice. I sign in and the page does not load. I have had to change my password 4 times. I have spoken with numerous employees at different departments, and the end result is, nothing accomplished!! This is unacceptable, I have been a Chase customer for over a decade. Whatever change they have recently made, they need to fix it. I will notify the BBB and I encourage all of you to do the same!

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

Some time ago Chase, with warning, discontinued the mobile app for Windows OS. For a few years since then I had access to conduct transactions using the full website. Last week that all changed. Every attempt to log onto my account opens a page of advertising for credit cards and other Chase products. There is a menu option for "Sign In" but the same page continues to reload.

I seem to have no access to my accounts by mobile phone. I understand the Windows as a Mobile OS is in a minority at this point, but to completely cut off access is extremely inconvenient. I visited a Chase branch and asked for assistance, and was told Chase cannot help me with this issue. It seems Chase is presenting me with a choice to buy a specific kind of cell phone - either Android or iPhone, or chose another bank. If it was unintentional for the app to be rolled out with this result then I would plead with the developer to fix the problem.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

After reading all these negative reviews I felt I had to share my experience. I have been with Chase for 40 years since I opened my first checking account and have all my accounts, mortgage, credit cards with them. I was with them when online banking first came out and except for one small glitch 40 years ago when they first started online banking I have had no problems with them since then. I find the online banking system extremely helpful and got my brother to start using it now as he does not get out much. I am sure people have problems with them but without knowing all the circumstances of each situation its hard to know why. I would recommend Chase online banking.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2018

I left BoA to come to Chase because they offered an incentive. Now I understand why they need to offer money to gain clients. I have had the worst online experience with Chase.com. It is not functional, it's full of errors, bugs, lack of basic online bank functionality, nonsensical process flows, it's difficult to get simple tasks done, and the list goes on and on. Something as simple as upgrading the cellphone on file. I had to call IT to get help. I have had to call customer help and consequently their IT department (because customer service could not help me), 3 times during the first month. That is completely unacceptable. On 2 occasions, they even asked me what browser I was using and suggested that I tried multiple browsers until I found one that works. What a joke.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

Every time I got to log into my credit card account, site says password is invalid. Even when I change it and try and log in immediately after, it says password is invalid. I have software that keeps track of my passwords for each site. When I use the password saved by my PC, it says invalid. When I try and type it in, it says invalid. So basically it is invalid because Chase cannot keep track of my last password setting. As soon as I use my points, I will be canceling this card. Not worth the trouble dealing with these morons. Discover usually has the same categories for 5% cashback, and I never have trouble logging into my Discover account. Chase, thanks for the memories. Bye-bye!

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

My business Chase account got recently hacked. I submitted the claim, and the representative informed me that my account will be blocked, and I cannot use it online. I was given a phone number to call to restore the online access. When I called the number that lady informed me that I have to open the new account, since restoring the old one is impossible. Very unprofessional customer service, the lady was eating something while talking to me, and kept saying it is impossible to reopen. Chase allowed someone to hack my account and steal my money that I work for very hard, and now they go with the easiest route to just open a new account, that will be hack in the future for sure. I am contemplating moving all my accounts to a different, more secure and more friendly bank.

Original review: June 26, 2018

Avoid depositing your checks using Chase's mobile app. I deposited mine last Friday. I assumed it was like most banks or like American Express who gives you the option to access your funds that same day; however, I was wrong and Chase waited for my deposit to go through to inform me that I would have delayed availability of funds. Even though I made the deposit on June 22, 2018 they said my funds would not be available for use until July 3. Cash your check in person or with some other bank. I, personally, will never use Chase for another deposit.

Original review: June 13, 2018

Batting 1.000 on poor service across the board! They been hacked so many times that the entire world knows my information now, well before Equifax did. They didn't let people know. The online system is so bad, you must fill out a 20 question questionnaire to report troubles, but it is nonsense information, only shows Windows 8, Internet Explorer 6, and other information that is nearly a decade old now. Obviously, they don't use it, but they require this to communicate with them. The online system also doesn't work, nor does their tech support. I've sent numerous messages, screenshots, and information about failed reports and information showing last payment made (it doesn't) and whether there is a pending payment.

It's so convoluted that it is a pain to try to use or get information about your account. Then, you have indicators that require several minutes to address and are complete nonsense, usually marketing driven. I'm so angry that they use this like an ad campaign against customers! Finally, I tried to login, it failed, and upon attempting to reset my password, this failed also. It said my Social Security number is not valid, gave an error code, but proceeded with allowing me to reset my password. It wouldn't let me use any previous password that I've EVER used, so I had to reset it again, received the SAME error that my Social Security Number is invalid, then reset my password. When I talked to support, they couldn't provide any information. So, I asked to be sent to fraud and security department.

Mind you, my password has changed, the system is spitting out errors, and I didn't change anything! The girl insists to leave things alone and doesn't want to change my profile. She's so in left field and literally lying to me to avoid doing anything to investigate this! I ask her about the errors for my social security and she says she will report it to their internal department. When I ask, "wouldn't it be helpful to have the error code to give to this department so they can better investigate the problem," and she says "No!" It's gotten so bad here that I'm done with them! If you are looking for a bank, DON'T COME HERE! ANYONE ELSE IS BETTER!

Original review: May 9, 2018

Chase bank has allowed $1500.00 to be taken out of our account without our consent. They cannot support any information why they let this happen. My husband has spent countless hours on the phone and two trips to the bank. We have been battling this problem since February. They put the funds in our account twice and twice taken away causing great financially difficulties and the stress is about to kill us. They will not take responsibility for doing this and have stated "sue us". This blatant attitude about our account is unbelievable. We want to close this account but have been told once this is done we no longer be able to resolve this. Which seems eminent that it's not going to happen. I hope this will make people aware about this horrible bank. If they choose to use your money they will and "sue" them if you don't like it.

Original review: March 22, 2018

Chase rolled out a new look for its online banking portal recently. Transactions are hard to find, editing bill payments does not work through certain links within the web page, and editing payments with multiple steps, the window defaults back to the top of the page each time so that one has to scroll back down with every step to find the transaction being edited. OMG! I'm switching to a credit union.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2017

Upon reaching the login screen today, I was alerted by my Antivirus (Bitdefender) that there was a connection from a server at ** attempting to track my keystrokes. What is this? Do not tell me Chase has let their site be hacked again! When clicking sign in, the homepage redirects me to **. I'm hoping this site is official and not an interception as the domain is kind of fishy? Also, the tab name shows up as 'CUTIL-UND null null'. Seems like a strong lack of attention to detail or there is some maintenance going on that should be completed while the site is temporarily disabled.

Aside from this issue I'm seriously curious about, I'd say Chase is just like every other large bank. Basic interest rates, basic accounts, with same old fees and requirements. Although I do remember a benefit of Chase being that you could open an account at the age of 17, which was almost a decade ago for me but was one of a kind then. I don't know if that has changed now. But definitely won't be using the website anytime soon until I see what all this is. I don't like anyone knowing my usernames and passwords, even the bank...

Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

I have been using Chase bank since a few years ago and it was going fine, that is until last year when they updated everything, now instead of using a password that I have been using before it keeps on saying invalid password, I have to change it every time I want to log on, I am getting sick of it. Each time I try to change it for the website it will direct me to the same page and make me go through the entire process again.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

A rep for Chase bank, a multi billion dollar organization, told me that there is no communication between their auto loan and online automatic billing departments! Due to this isolation, if you select “No end date” for your automatic payments for your auto loan (assuming of course that means the payments won’t end until the loan is over), the bank will STILL charge you your monthly fee even AFTER the life of your loan has ended. It took me 55 minutes and 5 departments to finally get someone to confirm reimbursement of my money (10 business days later). This was a horrible experience. No business should be able to continue to charge me after a contract is over. When an auto loan is done, it should be communicated to ALL departments in the bank, especially the department handling payments for that loan. Chase bank will never get my business again and I will make sure that this review is shared with as many people I know as possible!

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

I know I was using the legit site, I have been for years with no problems but when I did have a problem I called the PC customer service line to get a temporary identification code (mind you, this number was listed on the site for this problem). At first it felt like business as usual, I needed to recover my account since my password changed and needed that temp code (I now am convinced I didn't change it on accident). After providing EVERYTHING they needed to help, my rep said his systems were "locked up" and he couldn't verify my PIN. Okay.

Tossed to another rep who asks to verify my info again, same problem, can't verify PIN. Now they aren't claiming I put it in wrong, they are just going on about slow systems and computer freezes on their end. So I'm handed over YET AGAIN to someone else who sounds like she might have a handle on things but no, after I tell her I need a verification code, she decides I need to speak to a rep that handles that! BUT THAT'S WHAT I CALLED FOR! She ends up sending me back to square one with another rep and I just lost my patience and hung up. I'm typically patient, but this whole thing has made me both upset and uneasy. If my info was stolen, it was nice knowing you all.

Original review: July 3, 2017

I am getting a bit disgusted with Chase. My original accounts were with WaMu and stayed when Chase bought them out. Lately, I am not sure what is going on but it seems to be falling apart at the seams!! I first noticed that fees were popping up that are not supposed to be there, causing wasted time to go into the back to straighten them out. Second, I noticed that balances were not accurate and then often sent an overdrawn alert when there was actually money in the account. Then they would do updates on a Saturday night!! What the hell is that??? People go out or need to use their debit cards and can't!!! These are all HUGE RED flags that this is all being farmed out overseas.

Here we go trying to save a penny and yet you cause such issues. With all the issues I have had in the short past, I am now seriously thinking of pulling my money out.... And it's a lot!! I know every bank and business has issues, but these are running too similar to the ones that happen at my own company in which all our IT and such is farmed out overseas for cheap pay!!

Original review: July 3, 2017

I refer my mother to Chase due to the fact that I never had issues with my own banking. My mom open an account and deposit half of her saving. Representative keep questioning my mom citizenship. She provided proper documentation and her SS number. Notify them that she is a US citizen born in the PR. The customer representative wrote the wrong address on her account and misleading my mom. My mom keep telling the representative the address needed to be corrected but the representative assure my mom that no reason to panic. That the address in PR is totally fine and no need to correct her information to open a new account.

My mom made a couple of purchases and try to log in to her account. When she did she realize her account was blocked and debit card cancel also without no notification. When she call to resolve issue the bank treated her like a fraud and a thief and refuse to connect a manager to assist her with her problem. The bank solutions was to wait for a call and told her not to visit her branch where she open account. Bank refuse to return her money leaving her penniless and in a hardship unable to pay for her current bills. Bank decided to take this action when my mom told them she wanted to withdraw her funds and move to a better bank. They only agree to give her the money if she re opens a new account with them. If not then the account will remain close. Trying to force her to stay with the branch knowing they screw up she doesn't want that anymore. The other solution they gave her was mailing her funds to the incorrect address.

I hope the Federal Reserve does something with this discriminatory practices. Reading many reviews at this website I strongly agree that Chase is definitely discriminating against people for no reason other than ethnicity and finding ways to withhold money with security excuses. I encourage more people to file complaint with the Federal Reserve. Hopefully they will look into this matter deeply and take each customer complaint seriously and take action. Nobody should be left without their funds and unable to care for their bills like mom. They have cause her stress and hardship. Bank should be held responsible for emotional stress and late payments.

Chase Online Banking Company Information