1.23/5
Based on 75 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution

Chase Online Banking

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 10, 2017

114 Chase Online Banking Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

I know I was using the legit site, I have been for years with no problems but when I did have a problem I called the PC customer service line to get a temporary identification code (mind you, this number was listed on the site for this problem). At first it felt like business as usual, I needed to recover my account since my password changed and needed that temp code (I now am convinced I didn't change it on accident). After providing EVERYTHING they needed to help, my rep said his systems were "locked up" and he couldn't verify my PIN. Okay.

Tossed to another rep who asks to verify my info again, same problem, can't verify PIN. Now they aren't claiming I put it in wrong, they are just going on about slow systems and computer freezes on their end. So I'm handed over YET AGAIN to someone else who sounds like she might have a handle on things but no, after I tell her I need a verification code, she decides I need to speak to a rep that handles that! BUT THAT'S WHAT I CALLED FOR! She ends up sending me back to square one with another rep and I just lost my patience and hung up. I'm typically patient, but this whole thing has made me both upset and uneasy. If my info was stolen, it was nice knowing you all.

Original review: July 3, 2017

I am getting a bit disgusted with Chase. My original accounts were with WaMu and stayed when Chase bought them out. Lately, I am not sure what is going on but it seems to be falling apart at the seams!! I first noticed that fees were popping up that are not supposed to be there, causing wasted time to go into the back to straighten them out. Second, I noticed that balances were not accurate and then often sent an overdrawn alert when there was actually money in the account. Then they would do updates on a Saturday night!! What the hell is that??? People go out or need to use their debit cards and can't!!! These are all HUGE RED flags that this is all being farmed out overseas.

Here we go trying to save a penny and yet you cause such issues. With all the issues I have had in the short past, I am now seriously thinking of pulling my money out.... And it's a lot!! I know every bank and business has issues, but these are running too similar to the ones that happen at my own company in which all our IT and such is farmed out overseas for cheap pay!!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: July 3, 2017

I refer my mother to Chase due to the fact that I never had issues with my own banking. My mom open an account and deposit half of her saving. Representative keep questioning my mom citizenship. She provided proper documentation and her SS number. Notify them that she is a US citizen born in the PR. The customer representative wrote the wrong address on her account and misleading my mom. My mom keep telling the representative the address needed to be corrected but the representative assure my mom that no reason to panic. That the address in PR is totally fine and no need to correct her information to open a new account.

My mom made a couple of purchases and try to log in to her account. When she did she realize her account was blocked and debit card cancel also without no notification. When she call to resolve issue the bank treated her like a fraud and a thief and refuse to connect a manager to assist her with her problem. The bank solutions was to wait for a call and told her not to visit her branch where she open account. Bank refuse to return her money leaving her penniless and in a hardship unable to pay for her current bills. Bank decided to take this action when my mom told them she wanted to withdraw her funds and move to a better bank. They only agree to give her the money if she re opens a new account with them. If not then the account will remain close. Trying to force her to stay with the branch knowing they screw up she doesn't want that anymore. The other solution they gave her was mailing her funds to the incorrect address.

I hope the Federal Reserve does something with this discriminatory practices. Reading many reviews at this website I strongly agree that Chase is definitely discriminating against people for no reason other than ethnicity and finding ways to withhold money with security excuses. I encourage more people to file complaint with the Federal Reserve. Hopefully they will look into this matter deeply and take each customer complaint seriously and take action. Nobody should be left without their funds and unable to care for their bills like mom. They have cause her stress and hardship. Bank should be held responsible for emotional stress and late payments.

Original review: May 6, 2017

The Chase website used to be my favorite. It used to be very easy to navigate, never any problems. However, the last few months have been horrible, always locked out, always have to change my password, customer service no help whatsoever. I must resort back to paper statements now as it is too stressful to continue to change my password every time I choose to check my balance or pay my bill. They need to take the advice of people that are complaining about their website and redesign it. Worst website ever...

Original review: April 24, 2017

I spent a frustrating 45 minutes on the phone with customer service trying to get help with the filter and search function. The service tech was telling me to navigate to places that I was not seeing. Eventually you elevated my call - when that person got on the phone the first question they asked me was what web browser I was using. I was using Microsoft's Edge - which is the default on the new computer. Turns out the new Chase website does not work well with Edge. Really? First, why not, since it is the default on new computers. Second, why isn't this the first question the first tech asked me. I loved the old app. Even told friends that they should switch to Chase because the website was so intuitive. This new website is not intuitive or user friendly, and the techs are poorly trained. I'm waiting a few more months to see if Chase fixes this system - if not I'm switching banks - seems a shame after 15 years and 6 accounts with Chase!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chase?

Original review: April 14, 2017

Using the Chase Online Mobile Banking app to deposit a check. First it rejects the image several times. I have the top phone camera made, an LG V20. Finally it accepted the image. Then it says, "We are unable to connect with Chase. Please try later. Thank you for your patience." I call their support. And they jerk me around. I have had too many problems with Chase. I am gone.

Original review: April 10, 2017

Just about every time I log into Chase Online it says I'm locked out and I'm required to create a new password. I use random password generation and a password manager so I know it's not me causing these lockouts. I've confirmed with others they're experiencing the exact same thing. When contacted, Chase technical staff will tell you absurd things like "clear your browser cache" and "log out completely". These are suggestions I'd expect from a high school student trying to fix his grandmother's PC, not professional IT staff who are allegedly experts with their system. Again, it's not just me experiencing this and Chase tech staff apparently are clueless. I'm pretty much done with them. I'll find some way to transfer my funds. This is not worth the hassle of banking with a broken system.

Original review: April 1, 2017

My family has been doing business with Chase for decades. Recently I opened an account to save money. A liquidation account. The minute I go to log on I get an alert saying my account is locked. I go to the bank to fix the password. They told me someone sent me money through Quick pay $5,000. Now I understood that people were allowed to send money to pay you as long as it's verified. They said fraud was committed. I didn't do anything. They said they wanted to investigate to see if the check sent to me was real. My friend owed me money but didn't say how much she would be sending. I didn't except anything from anyone. By signing my signature or calling in to accept a payment and it has nothing to do with me. Why am I being accused. Why would I wait 46 years to hurt my own self.

This disrespectful and discrimination. I am ashamed and embarrassed by their actions. If I did something wrong how would I still be able to withdraw and deposit funds in my account. I am sick of ** being single out at derelicts. I worked for a living all my life. I am a tax payers. You mean I am not allowed to have money in my account? Or people can't give me gifts to help me? I want to cancel my account with everyone. This hurts very badly.

Updated on 04/07/2017: They are the worst company to do business with. They closed my account with no regard. I received a letter stating that they blocked and closed my account. I purchase any with my card but had an auto-payment to pay my phone bill. I live in New York. I never purchase anything in another state or gave anyone permission to use my account. They accused me of lying. I will not be paying any money to them again.

I never overdrawn or put any funds in my account that didn't belong to me. Without regard they closed account. I don't know any company name Dynamic. Who is that? They never gave me a chance to say whether I knew that company or not. Never heard of. I told them the truth and they false accused me of fraud. I am a decent person. I am not dishonest. They think all African Americans are crooks. I am sick of the disrespect. This is ridiculous. I am going to me up my own account and ruin my name? All lies.They all need to be fired. I want to file a claim against them immediately. Please help me. Thank you.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2017

November 08 2016 I received a letter from Chase informing me that they will end its banking relationship with me and my wife. We had 2 checking, 2 savings, and 3 credit card accounts. We have been with Chase for many years. All of accounts were in good standing. Have not had any issues. I went to Chase. No one could tell me why they did this. January 12 2017 got another letter from Chase telling me that they would not handle my annuity contracts that they set up for me. Again with no reason that they would tell me. I will tell people to read the small print before you deal with Chase Bank. I will no longer have any faith in J.P. Morgan Chase Bank.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2017

I have had a Chase credit card for over 20 years and loved the website. I did not receive paper statements as it was so easy to check transactions online. Until they changed the website for the worse. I hate, hate, hate the new website. It is impossible to find anything and has huge writing. All I can do with it is see the recent few transactions. The site is impossible to navigate. Really frustrating! Luckily I have the option of using another credit card instead of the Chase card. Bye bye Chase! I will consider using it again if they improve that website.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2016

After 15 years of banking we were cut off by Chase. Our business account has $50k in the deposit account and they had just increased our credit to $100k. We paid $30k on the CC and then tried to use it and found the account to be closed. NO WARNING. Went to a branch and no one would tell us anything. We received a letter couple weeks later and still no explanation but that we needed to move money within a few weeks. It was very time consuming and daunting with all the automatic payments, etc. We have been doing everything online for years now. Chase even encourages and promotes online and now mobile banking. No more drive through and fewer employees.

Icing on the Cake--- OMG. I log in today to download transactions and to reconcile my accounts and I no longer have access to them? This is crazy. I called and they claim the only thing they can do is send me paper statement. You have to be kidding me. I should be able to access my financial records online for as long as I like and certainly be able to reconcile my account after it only closed on 11/5?? Chase is the ABSOLUTE WORST!!! I am pursuing this issue further and hoping they change this policy and allow past customers to access their financial transactions. I have thousands of transactions and working from paper at this point is going to be a NIGHTMARE.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2016

Pending transactions/overdraft fees - This company provides online banking, which normally works out great until the collecting company does not collect in a timely manner. This leaves the customer blindsided when the pending transaction drops off, and then is re-submitted and collect it in real time. Especially if there is no longer enough money in the account to cover the transaction. On top of that, NSF fees are added. Chase has inadvertently made customers dependent on online banking, which is usually reliable. However, it is unfair for customers to be charged nsf fees on transactions that fall off of their account and then are resubmitted in real time. The customer should be notified when the charge drops off, before they receive the NSF fee. This is unfair and Unjust.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2016

Chase banking is completely HORRIBLE! They close my account and they didn't give me no reason why my account was close! The didn't provide me with no information on what was going on! They told me, "Any money that I had left with me, was going be mailed by check. AS A CUSTOMER I HAVE THE ** RIGHT TO KNOW WHY MY ACCOUNT WAS CLOSE! What kind of company don't disclose the reasoning behind their actions! This is beyond ridiculous! I prefer everybody close their accounts with any banks, especially CHASE.

They need re-evaluate their RIGHTS! They need to provide information about their action. So as customer we can go over other option or to understand the situation! They don't even provide you with information if your account had been detected for fraud. I'M SO BEYOND UPSET WITH THIS ** COMPANY THAT NEED TO BE SHUT DOWN. This show you how dirty a company that you trust will do you in a heartbeat and not care. No matter if a company lose customers, they would never care because there 6 million other because who think they're great.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2016

I have been a loyal Chase customer for more than 2 decades. First they decide to drop app support for Windows phone, I got over it and switched phones. I had complained to them of the extremely slow response time of the new online banking website about 2 months ago. There has been no change in spite of the complaints about it all over the web. I'd rather have the previous website though not as modern looking at least it was fast. Now I am contemplating of switching banks just due to this inefficient "enhancement" to their customer's online banking experience.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2016

I used Chase QuickPay one week ago for the first time, what a mistake! I typed in the wrong cell phone number and submitted the payment. I noticed the mistake immediately and called Chase who told me "don't worry. The phone number was invalid and the payment will not be processed." The next day I was short $600 and contacted Chase, they told me they could not help me and I should call the cell phone number myself and ask for the money back. DO NOT USE THIS PAYMENT METHOD, IT IS EXTREMELY FLAWED!! Even if you noticed a mistake, there is nothing that can be done. The person that I sent it has not returned my money ($600) and Chase will not help.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2016

My father was recently sick in the hospital. He need to transfer money from his Chase to a son. Chase had no sympathy. The online services representing Denise was rude and very hostile. He was unable to receive his medication or pay his rent. He was very stressed and ill. And Chase repetitive made it very difficult to find a solution in these tough time. That representative will lose Chase billions and the possibility of total business shut down!

Original review: Sept. 4, 2016

The new site is very slow. I now hate to log on to Chase.com.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2016

This site is only good if you want to look up one item. If you want to use it extensively forget it. If this is indicative of the planning that Chase does for its customers look out! After being a client for over 40 years I will be opening my accounts with another bank. As on now I cannot determine which bills will be paid or when, unless I spend a ton of time on their site. Just how many millions did they waste on this when the previous version worked well. Or I know they wanted a site you could access with your smartphone. Too bad they did not have some intelligent device to help in the design.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2016

I paid $40 to transfer $550 to a friend and the next day he still hadn't gotten it. The employee and the branch who initiated it said she didn't know why it was taking so long. I asked if there was still time to cancel it so I could do it western union instead. She checked and said yes and said she would have my $40 fee refunded and the $550 already subtracted from my account should be available back in my account shortly. About five days later I still hadn't received the $550 back, and about two days later my friend told me that he had just received an incoming transfer from me for about $500 (about $50 less than the original amount I had planned to send him). Chase instructed me to tell him "not to touch the money". A few days later I received a credit into my account for about $450 (another $50 short).

Apparently it was not cancelled but went round trip and got dinged for additional fees on his end when he received it and dinged again when I got it back. This was not a cancelled transaction as I had asked for and was assured it was. I told all this to the manager and she said she couldn't do anything. I told her that I thought that this should never happen to any customer and if it does then Chase should just make it right. She responded with "I'm sorry you feel that way".

Original review: Aug. 24, 2016

I now have 2 complaints with Chase online banking: 1 - Quick Pay: I tried to set up automatic payments for my rent. Several times the payment was cancelled. I called Chase and they advised they didn't know who cancelled. I verified that it was not cancelled by the recipient or myself. So I set it up again and another failure to send. So I gave up on this (I did manage to get 1 payment through but the continuing failures led me to cancel this undependable service).

2 - My Chase Online access was suspended due to "recent activity". I was transferring funds online and I appreciate the security measures. However, when calling to re-open the account access they insist on sending a live security code to my mobile (while I'm talking to them). I have an old mobile phone and don't know if it's even possible to look at SMS while I'm talking on the phone. They say there is no other way to unlock the access. Also, I travel overseas frequently. What happens when I'm travelling and the account access is suspended? I'm looking into closing my longtime Chase account.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2016

I have the Chase Sapphire Preferred and the Freedom Unlimited 1.5% cashback cards. Before this new website I was able to see the breakdown of where I was earning my points each statement. I could see how many points were going to be applied to the next statement credit and because of that I could see when my 2 points per dollar were and were not kicking in. I was also able to see my total pending points that would tally up and be added to my statement at the end of the month. Now I cannot see this. It is so annoying to me that they would change this site. Before it seemed natural as you would log on and automatically feel oriented to the page. For some reason I feel lost every time I log on. I am 29 years old and feel that computers come naturally to me... So this is just frustrating. CHASE: PLEASE FIX THIS!!

Original review: Aug. 3, 2016

I use the new online website to pay bill and it was a little bit different from the old website. Anyway, I thought I finished the transaction to pay credit card bills which I always do it on time. Apparently there is another button that I did not click to finish the transaction. A few weeks gone by and a Discover card statement came with a late fee of 27 dollars. I went back and checked my Chase banking activities and sure enough the debit did not show up. Such a hard lesson to learn and I have Chase to thank to.

Original review: July 28, 2016

Do not care at all for this new website. Not as easy to navigate through. Not very user-friendly for this old lady.

Original review: July 25, 2016

I did not like the change for the new Chase Bank design but I can understand it probably is more secure somehow. Because I am over 60 with not so good eyesight, the new design with the grayed out fonts are too hard to see, even magnified. The worst part is the navigation. And it just cost me big time. Because I use Bill Pay to pay monthly bills, including my rent each month, I recently had to make my July rent payment and thought it got sent as usual. However, my electric bill had a huge credit, and it turned out I somehow had sent them my rent payment instead of it going my rental office. How the heck did this happen??? I had to call the utility and they will send a refund as a credit card, which is pointless. I can only surmise it was user error...unless there is a glitch somewhere in this system and it will do this by mistake? Would be interested to see if this has happened to others.

Original review: July 25, 2016

I recently used Chase QuickPay to sell a pair of concert tickets I could no longer use. The buyer sent payment through QuickPay, which I accepted. After the payment was accepted, I gave him the tickets. The next day I got an email that said the transaction had been cancelled. When I called Chase customer service I was told that everything looked fine on their end and that it would just take a couple days to process and that I should receive the funds by Tuesday. I logged in again on Monday and saw that the money had been reversed with the note that it was cancelled. I called customer service and was told there was nothing they could do and that I shouldn't have used Chase QuickPay for the transaction. Apparently the other party had cancelled the transaction from his end later that same day.

As a long-time loyal Chase customer, I am very disappointed with this response. I have multiple accounts with Chase, including checkings, savings, investments, auto loan, and 3 credit cards. I would never have used Chase QuickPay if I had known that it was possible to cancel a transaction that has been sent and accepted. I felt confident using Chase QuickPay because I had assumed that Chase would offer its loyal customers basic protection against fraudulent activities but I've since been informed otherwise.

Original review: July 18, 2016

I loved Chase, it was very easy to use the mobile app and the website, but out of nowhere they updated the website to an embarrassing, childish site. It is huge and hard to maneuver. Who designed this, how can anyone possibly think it is an improvement? Chase please take a look at the reviews of the new website and get it fixed as soon as possible. I am guessing you used some outside consultants instead of your own IT staff, at least you can get rid of their contracts.

Original review: July 16, 2016

I loved Chase Online until I signed in today. The text is huge; it looks childish. I now have to scroll to see information I used to see on one screen. Areas I used to be able to access easily by visible links are now a hide and go seek game. I see no button to revert to the prior site I loved. Is the site redesigned specifically for mobile phone users? Not everyone is using mobile phones to access the sites.

Original review: July 16, 2016

I don't know why Chase had to change their online banking website. It's horrible. I loved the way the old one worked. This new one is not user friendly and it's very difficult to navigate through. With the old one I could see all the bills I had set up to pay what was pending... Now it's actually possible to double pay a bill the way they have it set up. I'm actually thinking about changing banks because this is so awful. Is it job security for the person who thought this was a grand idea? I will never understand why when something works so well a company has to go and change it.

Original review: July 14, 2016

I like to use Chase Bill Pay and the new system is ok -- just have to get used to it. I noticed a previous review complained that the website doesn't work well with either Firefox or IE. At least I can use the website with Firefox while with IE11 I can't even log on. UGH! My major complaint is that the printed reports for bill pay are incomplete -- there are no payee names just account numbers. If you print a confirmation of a payment the font for the amount is so large that the last digit drops to a 2nd line. There is no need for the amount to be printed SO large. Really odd.

At least they didn't change the way the monthly statements look and of course the credit card statement looks the same but give me back a complete report for bill payments with ALL information included. I always hated it when our hospital "updated" our computer system and we took 10 giant steps backward every time until they got all of the bugs worked out and then guess what? There was another update pending. Geez.

Original review: July 13, 2016

I was charged a $15 wire fee for an incoming LARGE deposit after the sale of my house. Really, Chase??!! Come on! Fees for sending and fees for receiving? Are you serious?!! That's double dipping, IMO.

Chase Online Banking Company Information