Chase Online Banking

Compare Banks & Credit Unions

Research top Banks & Credit Unions recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

After 15 years of banking we were cut off by Chase. Our business account has $50k in the deposit account and they had just increased our credit to $100k. We paid $30k on the CC and then tried to use it and found the account to be closed. NO WARNING. Went to a branch and no one would tell us anything. We received a letter couple weeks later and still no explanation but that we needed to move money within a few weeks. It was very time consuming and daunting with all the automatic payments, etc. We have been doing everything online for years now. Chase even encourages and promotes online and now mobile banking. No more drive through and fewer employees.

Icing on the Cake--- OMG. I log in today to download transactions and to reconcile my accounts and I no longer have access to them? This is crazy. I called and they claim the only thing they can do is send me paper statement. You have to be kidding me. I should be able to access my financial records online for as long as I like and certainly be able to reconcile my account after it only closed on 11/5?? Chase is the ABSOLUTE WORST!!! I am pursuing this issue further and hoping they change this policy and allow past customers to access their financial transactions. I have thousands of transactions and working from paper at this point is going to be a NIGHTMARE.

Pending transactions/overdraft fees - This company provides online banking, which normally works out great until the collecting company does not collect in a timely manner. This leaves the customer blindsided when the pending transaction drops off, and then is re-submitted and collect it in real time. Especially if there is no longer enough money in the account to cover the transaction. On top of that, NSF fees are added. Chase has inadvertently made customers dependent on online banking, which is usually reliable. However, it is unfair for customers to be charged nsf fees on transactions that fall off of their account and then are resubmitted in real time. The customer should be notified when the charge drops off, before they receive the NSF fee. This is unfair and Unjust.

Chase banking is completely HORRIBLE! They close my account and they didn't give me no reason why my account was close! The didn't provide me with no information on what was going on! They told me, "Any money that I had left with me, was going be mailed by check. AS A CUSTOMER I HAVE THE ** RIGHT TO KNOW WHY MY ACCOUNT WAS CLOSE! What kind of company don't disclose the reasoning behind their actions! This is beyond ridiculous! I prefer everybody close their accounts with any banks, especially CHASE.

They need re-evaluate their RIGHTS! They need to provide information about their action. So as customer we can go over other option or to understand the situation! They don't even provide you with information if your account had been detected for fraud. I'M SO BEYOND UPSET WITH THIS ** COMPANY THAT NEED TO BE SHUT DOWN. This show you how dirty a company that you trust will do you in a heartbeat and not care. No matter if a company lose customers, they would never care because there 6 million other because who think they're great.

I have been a loyal Chase customer for more than 2 decades. First they decide to drop app support for Windows phone, I got over it and switched phones. I had complained to them of the extremely slow response time of the new online banking website about 2 months ago. There has been no change in spite of the complaints about it all over the web. I'd rather have the previous website though not as modern looking at least it was fast. Now I am contemplating of switching banks just due to this inefficient "enhancement" to their customer's online banking experience.

I used Chase QuickPay one week ago for the first time, what a mistake! I typed in the wrong cell phone number and submitted the payment. I noticed the mistake immediately and called Chase who told me "don't worry. The phone number was invalid and the payment will not be processed." The next day I was short $600 and contacted Chase, they told me they could not help me and I should call the cell phone number myself and ask for the money back. DO NOT USE THIS PAYMENT METHOD, IT IS EXTREMELY FLAWED!! Even if you noticed a mistake, there is nothing that can be done. The person that I sent it has not returned my money ($600) and Chase will not help.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chase?

My father was recently sick in the hospital. He need to transfer money from his Chase to a son. Chase had no sympathy. The online services representing Denise was rude and very hostile. He was unable to receive his medication or pay his rent. He was very stressed and ill. And Chase repetitive made it very difficult to find a solution in these tough time. That representative will lose Chase billions and the possibility of total business shut down!

The new site is very slow. I now hate to log on to Chase.com.

This site is only good if you want to look up one item. If you want to use it extensively forget it. If this is indicative of the planning that Chase does for its customers look out! After being a client for over 40 years I will be opening my accounts with another bank. As on now I cannot determine which bills will be paid or when, unless I spend a ton of time on their site. Just how many millions did they waste on this when the previous version worked well. Or I know they wanted a site you could access with your smartphone. Too bad they did not have some intelligent device to help in the design.

I paid $40 to transfer $550 to a friend and the next day he still hadn't gotten it. The employee and the branch who initiated it said she didn't know why it was taking so long. I asked if there was still time to cancel it so I could do it western union instead. She checked and said yes and said she would have my $40 fee refunded and the $550 already subtracted from my account should be available back in my account shortly. About five days later I still hadn't received the $550 back, and about two days later my friend told me that he had just received an incoming transfer from me for about $500 (about $50 less than the original amount I had planned to send him). Chase instructed me to tell him "not to touch the money". A few days later I received a credit into my account for about $450 (another $50 short).

Apparently it was not cancelled but went round trip and got dinged for additional fees on his end when he received it and dinged again when I got it back. This was not a cancelled transaction as I had asked for and was assured it was. I told all this to the manager and she said she couldn't do anything. I told her that I thought that this should never happen to any customer and if it does then Chase should just make it right. She responded with "I'm sorry you feel that way".

I now have 2 complaints with Chase online banking: 1 - Quick Pay: I tried to set up automatic payments for my rent. Several times the payment was cancelled. I called Chase and they advised they didn't know who cancelled. I verified that it was not cancelled by the recipient or myself. So I set it up again and another failure to send. So I gave up on this (I did manage to get 1 payment through but the continuing failures led me to cancel this undependable service).

2 - My Chase Online access was suspended due to "recent activity". I was transferring funds online and I appreciate the security measures. However, when calling to re-open the account access they insist on sending a live security code to my mobile (while I'm talking to them). I have an old mobile phone and don't know if it's even possible to look at SMS while I'm talking on the phone. They say there is no other way to unlock the access. Also, I travel overseas frequently. What happens when I'm travelling and the account access is suspended? I'm looking into closing my longtime Chase account.

I have the Chase Sapphire Preferred and the Freedom Unlimited 1.5% cashback cards. Before this new website I was able to see the breakdown of where I was earning my points each statement. I could see how many points were going to be applied to the next statement credit and because of that I could see when my 2 points per dollar were and were not kicking in. I was also able to see my total pending points that would tally up and be added to my statement at the end of the month. Now I cannot see this. It is so annoying to me that they would change this site. Before it seemed natural as you would log on and automatically feel oriented to the page. For some reason I feel lost every time I log on. I am 29 years old and feel that computers come naturally to me... So this is just frustrating. CHASE: PLEASE FIX THIS!!

I use the new online website to pay bill and it was a little bit different from the old website. Anyway, I thought I finished the transaction to pay credit card bills which I always do it on time. Apparently there is another button that I did not click to finish the transaction. A few weeks gone by and a Discover card statement came with a late fee of 27 dollars. I went back and checked my Chase banking activities and sure enough the debit did not show up. Such a hard lesson to learn and I have Chase to thank to.

Do not care at all for this new website. Not as easy to navigate through. Not very user-friendly for this old lady.

I did not like the change for the new Chase Bank design but I can understand it probably is more secure somehow. Because I am over 60 with not so good eyesight, the new design with the grayed out fonts are too hard to see, even magnified. The worst part is the navigation. And it just cost me big time. Because I use Bill Pay to pay monthly bills, including my rent each month, I recently had to make my July rent payment and thought it got sent as usual. However, my electric bill had a huge credit, and it turned out I somehow had sent them my rent payment instead of it going my rental office. How the heck did this happen??? I had to call the utility and they will send a refund as a credit card, which is pointless. I can only surmise it was user error...unless there is a glitch somewhere in this system and it will do this by mistake? Would be interested to see if this has happened to others.

I recently used Chase QuickPay to sell a pair of concert tickets I could no longer use. The buyer sent payment through QuickPay, which I accepted. After the payment was accepted, I gave him the tickets. The next day I got an email that said the transaction had been cancelled. When I called Chase customer service I was told that everything looked fine on their end and that it would just take a couple days to process and that I should receive the funds by Tuesday. I logged in again on Monday and saw that the money had been reversed with the note that it was cancelled. I called customer service and was told there was nothing they could do and that I shouldn't have used Chase QuickPay for the transaction. Apparently the other party had cancelled the transaction from his end later that same day.

As a long-time loyal Chase customer, I am very disappointed with this response. I have multiple accounts with Chase, including checkings, savings, investments, auto loan, and 3 credit cards. I would never have used Chase QuickPay if I had known that it was possible to cancel a transaction that has been sent and accepted. I felt confident using Chase QuickPay because I had assumed that Chase would offer its loyal customers basic protection against fraudulent activities but I've since been informed otherwise.

I loved Chase, it was very easy to use the mobile app and the website, but out of nowhere they updated the website to an embarrassing, childish site. It is huge and hard to maneuver. Who designed this, how can anyone possibly think it is an improvement? Chase please take a look at the reviews of the new website and get it fixed as soon as possible. I am guessing you used some outside consultants instead of your own IT staff, at least you can get rid of their contracts.

I loved Chase Online until I signed in today. The text is huge; it looks childish. I now have to scroll to see information I used to see on one screen. Areas I used to be able to access easily by visible links are now a hide and go seek game. I see no button to revert to the prior site I loved. Is the site redesigned specifically for mobile phone users? Not everyone is using mobile phones to access the sites.

I don't know why Chase had to change their online banking website. It's horrible. I loved the way the old one worked. This new one is not user friendly and it's very difficult to navigate through. With the old one I could see all the bills I had set up to pay what was pending... Now it's actually possible to double pay a bill the way they have it set up. I'm actually thinking about changing banks because this is so awful. Is it job security for the person who thought this was a grand idea? I will never understand why when something works so well a company has to go and change it.

I like to use Chase Bill Pay and the new system is ok -- just have to get used to it. I noticed a previous review complained that the website doesn't work well with either Firefox or IE. At least I can use the website with Firefox while with IE11 I can't even log on. UGH! My major complaint is that the printed reports for bill pay are incomplete -- there are no payee names just account numbers. If you print a confirmation of a payment the font for the amount is so large that the last digit drops to a 2nd line. There is no need for the amount to be printed SO large. Really odd.

At least they didn't change the way the monthly statements look and of course the credit card statement looks the same but give me back a complete report for bill payments with ALL information included. I always hated it when our hospital "updated" our computer system and we took 10 giant steps backward every time until they got all of the bugs worked out and then guess what? There was another update pending. Geez.

I was charged a $15 wire fee for an incoming LARGE deposit after the sale of my house. Really, Chase??!! Come on! Fees for sending and fees for receiving? Are you serious?!! That's double dipping, IMO.

This secure online banking application was rolled into production without adequate testing. As a retired IT executive I am appalled at how bad the application is. It will not work with Firefox - even the most current version. It barely works in Explorer. The application has script errors, takes you to a pay bill page where you can't enter a monetary amount, doesn't let you navigate back to previous screen or any screen, icons are missing. I have reported problems and they acknowledge they have had complaints and are working on it. The previous application worked. They should roll back. No one with any IT competence fixes this many bugs in production.

The application will even stay open if you close your browser and come back - not secure. Today we managed to pay a bill in Explorer but the amount shown as total balance was incorrect. It did not reflect the payment made in May. Since we are paperless we tried to call up a statement but they will not download and the PDF is blank. There are so many problems with this application that it should be an embarrassment to Chase banking. Clearly the application was not tested adequately before it was rolled out. Awful!!!

I wish there would be an option to give a negative rating... Horrible website. Design is completely amateurish and counterintuitive, keeps freezing and crashing, while there are no problem with internet connectivity or any other sites. The bonus: your credit card history outside of last couple of month is available in pdf only!! I am seriously thinking Chase has been/is being bought out by some Mom-and-Pop Gas station or a startup - this is that level of quality you get using their new site.

I have been on the "new and improved" Chase online website. Why is it when companies, any companies so-called "improve" it always ends up being a bad experience. Chase is no exception. I have been on the website two days in a row. It has been a horrible experience. It is most definitely NOT improved. It is extremely slow. Each task takes very long to load, if at all. I can't imagine why companies don't leave well enough alone. I am sure the higher-ups initiating these changes do not have to use this website to do their banking. They just want us, the customers to accept these changes and "like it." If I haven't been with Chase for so many years and would have to start all over again, I would change banks and hope that the new banks' websites are better.

I created a online Chase Quickpay account and there is nothing quick about it. They told me each time I send money that I would have to wait 3 to 4 business days for the money to transfer accounts. I only created the Quickpay because it says it's quick but there is nothing quick about it. I'm cancelling the service and wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

I have been a customer with this online bank for years. I got married and wanted to add my husband's name on the account and it couldn't be done, because we need to go into a branch to do it. I live in Falls Church, Northern Virgina and there isn't any branches around me with a 50 mile radius. I should not have to drive to NJ to do this. They would not complete this request via email. I am PISSED. All and any transactions has been online, but I can't add my husband online, email, or by phone. They accept his pay check going into the account without his name on the account. I WILL BE CLOSING THIS ACCOUNT IMMEDIATELY!!

At my location there is an alley. People zip in there to cut you off. Told Chase they need to at least setup cones as I understand it could be a firelane. Response? Oh, just do the same thing to others and make a bigger problem.

I have tried twice this month to pay a bill with my Chase online account. Both time the site has been under maintenance. They should be doing this type of work in the middle of the night. The way I see this is they are holding on to my money and not letting me access it.

I inquired why I could not enter American Express as a payee. Chase's search did not find this famous American business. AMEX shows only a p.o. box in its payment address, and Chase requires a street address, so it was not possible to enter it as a payee in the Chase system. I emailed customer service three times and got instructions of how to add a street address of a payee (already tried unsuccessfully) and a suggestion to call a different toll free number. Chase should have responded to my question with two inappropriate responses and referred me directly to the other department and not left me to call yet another toll free number. Customer service = 0.

Chase Quick Pay. The absolute slowest way to receive funds. Called numerous times, received numerous yet conflicting information from smirky customer service agents. Reverted to snail mail, no hassle and it's MUCH quicker. Chase needs to change the name to Chase wait a month and be hassled pay. Very dissatisfied.

Quickpay? The longest time it ever took me to receive money. Chase should really change the name of Quickpay. Not well explained, not consumer friendly, especially if you want to receive money on an account which is not Chase. Would not advise this to anyone. I usually do not write reviews but after spending an hour and a half on Quickpay to receive MY money, taking 5 minutes to create an account on ConsumerAffairs and write a review didn't seem bad at all.

Chase Online Banking Company Profile