3.5/5 (1141 ratings)

About Capital One Auto Financing

Capital One Auto Financing Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Capital One Auto Financing?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Capital One Auto Financing?

Original review: May 27, 2022

Capital One prequalifies everybody, but when it comes down to proven your income they like to pick and choose. I’m a business owner who had to use their own personal account not their business account to show proof of income, even though I pay myself through my business through direct deposits they made a big deal about the whole situation. Look elsewhere. I would not recommend this bank.

Original review: May 26, 2022

I had an automobile accident back in February of this year. We agreed on a certain amount to pay off the vehicle. When I went back into my account it showed that I still had a balance on my car. Capital One said I still owed interest on a car that was supposed to be paid in full since the car was a total loss. I even called my insurance agent and she said that it shouldn't be a balance because it was paid. Then they tried to say that my guarantee was sent late which was why all the late fees accumulated. No sir/maam. Two thousand dollars of late fees for two months? That is outrageous. Capital one was dishonest. I wasn't notified of a balance until now. I have two auto loans that they receive money on on time. They wouldn't waive any fees since the incident wasn't my fault. Their interest rate is ridiculous. Very unhappy with them and I will never go through them again in the future.

Get buying tips about Auto Loans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 13, 2022

My deceased father refinanced his car through Capital One online referred through Credit Karma. He became suddenly ill over two months and passed away so I made the two payments for him out of my account. Thought nothing of it. 6 months later I look at my credit report and see that they have his auto loan on my credit report as delinquent crushing my credit score but they fail to have me on the title though I am executor of his estate.

I called 50 times got ZERO results and still have the damage, charged off but still ever so present on my report told them each time don't care what you do repo it whatever the damage is done but I am not paying it until it's tremendous negative effect on my report is rectified. They used my social from another credit card I had with them completely unrelated to my deceased father's auto loan. 17 months since he passed I still have the car and they have done NOTHING to clarify this despicable criminal collection tactic of dead clients relatives. SHAME on you

Original review: May 4, 2022

As the seven year reporting expiration was approaching, this creditor thought I wouldn't notice the date of the first delinquency changing by one month and one year. This would allow the the creditor to continue reporting for an additional year. I have just begun working with attorneys and researching options as the creditor refuses to correct the issue.

Original review: April 26, 2022

I have tried to get a lien letter from Capital One that is overdue since 12/2019. I called and thought it was handled. The letter never showed up. I finally connected for the 2nd time with someone (after three transfers and 2 disconnects) to a person who was obviously ill (raspy breathing and very low volume). I could barely hear her above the other voices in the background and she informed me it went to the wrong department and that it would take approximately another 20 days to get a letter. This enlightenment only came after I wasted another 30 minutes of my life hearing the same script. Not convinced it would happen due to the circle of conversation. I called the DMV in my county and they said to insist they fax directly to DVM. I called back and did seem to get a person who understood this. We will see.

Original review: March 30, 2022

Have been going round and round with these idiots as they STILL have not received title from previous lender. This is going on for a year and a half. I sent them the SAME information 5 times. I screamed at the last 4 representatives. I called my previous lender who said they were not contacted by Capital One. The previous lender said that I'm NOT responsible to do ANYTHING. Got another call from them today, whereupon I screamed numerous obscenities. The absolute WORST company I've ever dealt with.

Original review: March 11, 2022

I refinanced my auto loan for a better interest rate with Capital One in 2020. I recently tried to sell my car only to be told that the lien holder on my car was not capital one but still listed as the initial lien holder! I have had my loan with CO for over a year so WHY did they never file the paperwork with my state DMV! I cannot sell my car until this is resolved. After many hours of time I have found CO is giving me the run around.

2 phone calls with the title/lien department gets me nowhere. I ask for a supervisor. After two more phone calls he decides to send my case to office of president! This is not what it seems! My first phone call with them once again gets no closer to resolution! The next day someone else calls me and states it will take 3-5 days for lien department to respond to them, and this is the office of the president??!! Really! I have a new car sitting and waiting and the hold up is CO title/lien department! My question is why has this never been done in the last 1-1/2 years?!?? It’s frustrating! BEWARE! Do your homework and make sure they do their job!

Original review: Feb. 4, 2022

Don't do business with this company if you want to get a vehicle. From Texas moved to Ohio. I can't get my registration since last September 2021. Until now almost every week follow up calling them to get my title that they have to send it to DMV Ohio Sandusky. Paying every month for my temporary registration. Customer service is a joke. This company is incompetent for fixing my title to send it DMV paying every month my car $495. I am a very good payer. It's been 5 months now that I'm still in temporary tag. Never do business with this company again. If in future purchasing a new vehicle never recommend to anyone with this company. Capital One is a joke. NEVER!

Original review: Jan. 26, 2022

All other reviews aside. Capital One got me financed for a Mercedes-Benz. My credit score is lower than 500... Take this review for what it's worth. I did have a nice down payment but still incredible.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2022

As a sole proprietor, 90% of my business is state and federal contracts which pay me via wire transfer each month. I do not receive a paycheck. Capitol One Auto Navigator does not accept wire transfers as a method of income. Pathetic! Offered to share 1099s, awarded contracts and invoices with no avail. Furthermore? A hard credit check at the Dealer (even thought they are not financing) is mandatory. Finally, the 10+ year old used cars available to purchase through the Navigator portal are at minimum 1/3 over priced. I'll sell my current vehicle and either lease through my business or just buy from a private party and not get ripped off. Might cash in on crypto and Nyse and just buy a car outright.

Navigator is a middle man taking money out of your pocket and you'll pay dearly through a luck of the draw dealership. Here today, gone tomorrow with a quality service department that may or may not exist. Would be worthwhile to listen to in-house financing at the dealership if you must.. Best to simply apply for an auto loan at your local bank. Rep offered to conference call with one of my defense contractors to verify employment. LMAO Not the type of personal conversation I wish to have with the horses that feed you. Bub Bye Capitol One Auto Financing. If you're stuck with no other means of getting into a vehicle, this program might serve you well.

Capital One Auto Financing author review by Emma Simon

Capital One Bank is a well-known financial institution that provides auto loans and financing for new and used cars. The company was founded in Richmond, VA in 1988.

• Low rates: Capital One can provide low rates for consumers with a good credit history. Get pre-qualified and know how much to spend.

• Low payments: The company can also negotiate low payments with Capital One Auto Finance specialists to help you lower your payments.

• Auto loan calculator: They provide an auto-loan calculator that allows borrowers to estimate monthly car payments for the total amount they need to finance. They also offer an auto learning center to learn about financing, loan extension and more.

• Wide network: They have a network of over 12,000 eligible dealers, in order to offer customers plenty of inventory and brand options.

• Variety of loan options: The company provides a huge range of auto loan options, whether buyers are purchasing used or new automobiles.

by Emma Simon ConsumerAffairs Research Team

As a member of the ConsumerAffairs research team, Emma Simon is dedicated to creating accurate and valuable content that helps consumers make difficult decisions.

Capital One Auto Financing Company Information