1.53/5
Based on 96 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Last updated: May 27, 2018

165 Capital One Auto Financing Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 27, 2018

I would like to begin this 'review', by thanking Capital One. Back in September of 2017, I was in a bit of a difficult situation. I had lost my wonderful mother a few months prior, and well, life was difficult. (I still miss her greatly) I was all alone and without my safety net; that is difficult to acknowledge, as I am now 39 years old. I had let my credit take a dive, over the past few years -- I didn't need it - I had Mom. That was all gone, and Capital One was there for me. I opened a secured credit card with them in I believe, June of 2017. I purchased my Mom's vehicle in September of 2016, and I was fixing something on it, every single month. Every single month!

Fast forward to September of 2017, and my alternator was shot. I could spend another $500 on this dang car, or try and trade it in, and get something more reliable. I did my due diligence and found that Capital One offered pre-qualified loans, without a hard pull on my credit. (I had been frantically trying to improve my credit score - still am) To my surprise, I was pre-approved with a credit score under 550. I was fortunate enough to find a reliable vehicle, and could afford the monthly payments. Nobody else would touch me and my credit profile, other than buy here pay here places, and I didn't have the required down payment or the 8 contact information, they required. I am considering a new vehicle, and was just approved for a loan amount of 34k. My credit score is improving, and I owe a lot of that to Capital One.

I've read through several pages of comments on here; and for those that have had hardships in life - I am so very sorry. I'm truly am. Having said that - this is a bank. They have an obligation to not only their shareholders, but also their employees. The person(s) you spoke with on the phone, also has financial obligations and people they are responsible for. That in no way diminishes your troubles, but, perspective is needed. I am in no way affiliated with Capital One; this was my honest opinion, and in no way seeks to diminish the BS, some customers have encountered. They took a chance on me, during my darkest hour - - and for that, I am forever grateful.

Original review: May 18, 2018

I am 65 and disabled and live alone. I purchased a vehicle from Capital One Auto Oct 2016 (1 1/2 years ago). I paid about $7,500 dollars for it. The interest rate was 19.5%. They added a warranty to it $2,500 dollars. They said it was for 2 years. They failed to mention after 2 years and warranty was out I had to still pay for warranty for the next 3 years but had no warranty. I estimated the warranty was going to be about $43 dollars a month for the 3 years with no warranty. I estimated the cost to be about $4,300 dollars for nothing. I purchased this car online and they delivered it. There was no one to go over loan.

After I purchased it I called about refinancing. They informed me they didn’t refinance their loans. This $7,500 car was going to cost about $18,000 dollars. The only way out was to trade it in. They said that would be no problem if current. 1 and a 1/2 years later last week (May 11, 2018) I need to trade my vehicle for medical problems. I need something to get in and out of easily. They turned me down for a loan and over the last 18 months since I purchased the car I was never late or missed a payment. I paid about $8 dollars a month extra each month, I just round off the payment.

After they turned down loan I went to dealer, one of their dealers, to trade it in. Capital One turned that loan down also. This is their original loan but they said I was to upside down for them to trade. My car was worth about $3,500 to &4,000 dollars. My payoff was $9,300 dollars. I was shocked when I found all this out. How can you be upside down over $5,000 dollars in 18 months. I had to have a vehicle so I was going to pay $3,000 dollars down to help offset the negative equity. Capital One still would not trade for me. They seen where they were going to make a lot of money and the dealer I purchased it from made the same amount of money. This is about as unfair and unethical as you can be.

If this is not Elderly exploitation and coercion and predator lending I don’t know what is. I had to purchased a vehicle so I had to finance another at a higher interest rate because I owned a car. I am now out $3,000 and I still have my car. Being disabled you only get so much and you have to make it. This will hurt bad. This should be extortion and illegal and there should be some agency to help. The govt now just passes it to someone else. If anyone has a solution please let me know.

Get expert buying tips about Auto Loans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 26, 2018

Capital One auto navigator is nothing more than a scam between themselves and the less than trustworthy car dealerships that they only allow you to purchase your car from. I live in the Greenville, TX and purchased my car from Baker Nissan in Houston TX (a 4 hour drive) because that was the closest dealer that had the car I wanted. All negotiation was over the phone and to be put in writing and FedEx told me to sign. Josh the finance manager insisted that I get the extended service warranty. Of course that was something I knew needed to have. Therefore, I only had one question. Will I be able to take my car to a Mercedes dealer for service? Josh assured me that I would be able to take my car anywhere and use the service agreement. BIG LIE as when it came time to take my car to be serviced I was told I could only use the service agreement at Baker Nissan in Houston TX (a 4 hour drive).

I called Baker Nissan and was informed that Josh no longer worked there. The new manager Mike expressed how sorry he was and how unfair that was for Josh to “mis-inform me”. Nice word for lie. Mike also promised to look into this and get back with me. He never returned “any” of my call nor after calling for almost 1 week neither did the manager of Baker Nissan or the owner Mr Baker himself returned any of my calls.

My next move was to call Capital One and let them handle the situation, after all this was a dealer they recommend. I informed them of what had happen and they too were sorry and agreed that it was unfair and would have someone get back with me. I received one call from Brandy to inform me that she was working on the situation. Never heard back from her until me having to leave several messages. When I finally did hear back from her she informed me that I should keep calling Baker Nissan. This all started almost a month ago. As of today after leaving my final message with Baker Nissan receptionist, that I would be driving to Houston to talk to some if no one was going to return my call, that got me a call back from Amanda as well as her manager Memories (who both were helpful has they could possibly be) apologizing that I was mislead (lied to) that they would cancel the warranty agreement. However, that I would not be receiving any money paid into the warranty. Instead it would go to Capital One.

The warranty was right at $700. However, the payout as of today, since it has been almost over a year, is a little over $400. Keep in mind I never used the warranty! Today (right at a month later) I received a call back from Ms Capital One herself wanting to know if I had heard back from Mike with Baker Nissan and had everything been taken care of… Blank stare at the phone while thanking God for growth in the cursing area. I will be refinancing soon & paying off my Capital One card! Capital One gets a BIG FAT 0 from me and Baker Nissan gets less than that!

Original review: April 22, 2018

I'm going to tell you of a great company with great employees and they have great customer service. You never be disappointed in this company and get a new or used car and get a credit card that will help build up your credit score so one day you can buy more than a dream car. And a credit card make sure you keep paying on time. Use your credit card in emergency. And that hat you cannot go home without it. This company gets all of them star from me because it's hard being the BEST.

Original review: April 21, 2018

I am very disappointed with Capital One unethical lending practices. I contacted Capital One Auto finance back in Feb 2018 to give them information on someone who I knew that used fake or Manufactured paystubs in order to obtain a second auto loan on a $10.00 hr salary. I informed the fraud unit that this person provided the dealership with paystubs that stated they make $20.00 hr, When they only make $10.00 hr. Obviously, the dealership nor Capital One verified the salary or this wouldn't have gotten pass. I didn't ask Capital One for any info on this person, as I gave them all of the information, including the person's name, their address, employer, dealership where they went, and the date of the loan. How did I know all of this, because l lend the person the down payment contingent on getting approved. Little did I know, that the person was going to inflate their salary to ensure that they got the loan approval.

Capital One only had to call the employer and verify the salary if they wanted to do something about this, yet they were asking me for proof. WOW, I'm lost! Since when do you need proof to follow up on a tip about fraud. They had nothing to lose by verification of the salary, which is what they should have done in the first place. This has put a very bad taste in my mouth about Capital One. They only care about providing loans, regardless of how unethical it is. What agency can do something about this? They are providing loans based on false information and I thought this was illegal. Can you imagine how many other times they have allowed this, and people have defaulted on the loans! Guess who will end up paying for this in the long run, Consumers like you and myself. This is the same thing that happened with the Housing market bubble burst.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Capital One Auto Financing?

Original review: April 20, 2018

Due to recently finding my birth father I legally changed my last name to match his, of course, my wife and children as well. I sent Capital One my new drivers license, my wife's new drivers license, my new Social Security card and that of my wife's, my court order for me (the court would not issue a court order for my wife as she was not changing her birth certificate) as well as the official change of name from North Carolina DMV on the lien record as well as the title name change. I spoke with Capital Ones' dept of titles, to get them to change my name. They agreed to change my last name but would not change my wife's because they did not have a court order. After explaining to them the court would not issue a court order. They stated they would not change her last name despite being in possession of the documents above.

This escalated supposedly as I was told to the last person in the dept. who stated well, after I paid off the vehicle I could do with the title what I wanted. One stated I could get my wife to change her birth certificate, and I told all three at some point common sense had to prevail, Unfortunately it did not. The last individual stated there was no one I could talk to. That he was the last one in his department. I told him, so essentially they were going to be stuck with technically a non-existent person on the title as my wife has already legally changed her name. Really, is this what has happened? That NO COMMON SENSE EXISTS?

Original review: April 10, 2018

I had a car that was paid off and then I had a loan to provide my wife a car to drive and a loan to provide our son with a car to drive. Then I found a vehicle that was exceptional at a dealership and no one I called would allow me to have three car loans. So the dealership told me that they could get the vehicle financed for me through Capital One Auto Finance, so I said OK. Then they came to me and told me that Capital One would be charging me 17.9% interest on the loan.

I had been looking for this Special Edition vehicle for quite some time and I went ahead and said YES. The car I bought cost me $16,000, and then the dealership said that I would get a better interest rate if I bought an extended warranty program from them. I knew better, but on a used car it did not seem like such a bad idea. I paid 472.00 a month for that vehicle for 4 1/2 years. The total I paid them was over $19,900, and they told me I still had a payoff of $12,800. Now I am not brilliant but that adds up to over $32,000 over the term of the note.

I don't care what type of accounting method you use to calculate your payments, NO ONE ON EARTH IS ENTITLED TO 100% interest on a note in the US. I asked them to refinance the balance for me to make it more affordable and they simply told me they don't accept a vehicle over 7 years old as collateral. So I told them to come and get the darn thing and they had the audacity to advise me they would sell it at auction and I would owe them a deficiency balance. YEAH RIGHT!!! It will be cold day you-know-where when they ever get another dime out of me!!!

Original review: March 15, 2018

I see Capital One Auto Financing on my credit reports 3 times in 2 years. Never played with them so need to do something to fix it. Call them, they do nothing, they just say they don't see me on their system and they ignore you after that. Need a call. That's identity theft on them.

Original review: March 10, 2018

I was contact by several people who called and harassed me on a daily basis. They were not aware that I knew consumer laws very well. I ask them to validate their claim of ownership by submitting full disclosure of the contract, true bill in commerce and a sworn statement from the man or woman who have authority to bind Capital One auto finance in the alleged contract. I am still waiting for the proof of claim.

Original review: March 6, 2018

I would like to share my horrible experience with this company and with their incompetent agents or the so called managers Desiree ** and Meredith **. All things were going well, until I paid off my loan. So when I moved to a different state, I registered my car and since at that time, Capital One was my lien holder, the state mailed my title to them. Then, when I paid off my loan, they lost my title and titled it again in a different state without my knowledge. I never received the physical copy of the title which they lost and the other state where they released my title held it electronically...

When again, I went to my current state to renew the stickers and registration, I was informed my title was held in different state and that they need the physical copy of the previous last year title which they mailed to my then lien holder Capital One. With lot of trouble and not able to drive my car for several days and numerous phone call, Desiree found my lost title which they earlier claimed was mailed to me (straight lying). After this, I had to apply for a certified copy of the title from the state where Capital One titled my car.

When, I received all the documents, my current state had to do the whole process of registration again with issuing new license plate, and I had to pay the whole fee again, since now I had an out of state title. With all this, now when I am asking them to reimburse the amount which I should not be paying again, they are denying any fault at their end and are not ready to reimburse. This company does not care about its consumers, once the loan is paid they care least. Poor management and the staff does not do any research and just waste time in talking over phone. They will call and talk but will not resolve the issue. They are dishonest and show no empathy and concern for their customers.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2018

Hi all. I just wanted to share my Capital One repo experience. Car was behind very behind 4 months and it was my fault, but I was also paying off a judgement Capital One had just placed against me for $2700 and I chose to pay off the judgement and let car loan get behind. I did let Capital One know and I relocated thinking I would have time to catch up. Well they found me quickly in the state I moved to and on 2/14/18 they sent the tow truck. I was at work and my family got all my belongings out the car, and then I had a decision to make. I owed $2538 and payday was on Friday so do I just let them take my car? Or use the money to buy a trap car? File a chapter 7 which I’ve done in the past?

Long story I know but I ended up calling the next day and Doris the rep was awesome. She put the $375 repo fee and the $160 late fees to the end of my loan and they told the buggers at the repo storage facility they could charge no more than $35/day and I really appreciated that they did those things 'cause I would’ve had to pay close to $3000 to get my car back. So I paid them Friday out. Chase account release letter was sent and I got my Hugo back, and I felt just as proud driving from that repo lot as the day I drove my car off the lot. Thank you Capital One and God bless you Doris.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

My sister passed away almost 2 months ago. I have been trying to get in contact with someone from Capital One Auto Finance to inform them of the situation, I want to return the car to the finance company since no one in the family needs the car. The only answers that I was given was that I "need to contact the Estate Department" and give them the information. I have called that number several times only to be told that the department is not open yet. How can you not be open at 2:00 pm?? I am promised each time I call that a "supervisor" will call me back. It has been 22 days and I'm still waiting. Do NOT do business with this company!!

Original review: Feb. 4, 2018

I got a loan for a 2015 Hyundai through Capital One. No problem. Made payments on time. I also have a Capital One credit card with a 5000 dollar limit. Always pay on time on that card that I have had for six years. My other cards are all on time. I make 12000 more dollars last year than I did in 2016. That's 43000 a year. Tried to get another loan and trade in this car for a newer one. This time they denied me. Won't tell me why until I get a letter in 7 to 10 days. Way to go Capital One on keeping good customers. I'll get it done with another company and cut your card in half. You lost a good one not that you seem to care.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

My vehicle broke down & didn't have money to buy one outright. My credit score isn't the best due to never owning a credit card. I've always paid cash because I feel if you don't have the money then maybe you shouldn't buy it. So, I needed a car loan. Capital One is horrible. I'm a single mother with 2 kids & my loan is 24.45% interest on a 1999 Ford Escape. I'm paying $18,000 for a truck that isn't even worth $10,000. I have never missed a payment in 3 yrs. My payments are $298/month & I still owe almost $8,000. No one will refinance my truck because the loan is way more than what it's worth. Thanks CAPITAL ONE!!! How do you sleep at night?

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

I put in online with Capital One, went to Hertz, picked out my car. I have requested my account to be set up numerous time but they have not done so. I receive a letter saying, "Update your address with the credit bureaus." Ok. So I attempt to email them with the address provided on their own form and it comes back a bad email address. They won't speak with you on the phone, won't reply to comments, email, other than call us. What do you gotta do to get your account set up. I work for the county. I have a decent job. What's the issue Capital One.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

I have 2 Capital One credit cards and decided to do their auto loan financing. I took the pre-approval to the dealer and walked away with the car about an hour later. It was very simple and at a good interest rate.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2018

My grandfather put my 2007 Honda Civic in his name. I’m making payments on a vehicle I cannot drive due to an error on the title Utah nor Ohio will tag this car so fix it. I’ve contacted you numerous times and Utah BMV as well as Ohio if I’m making a payment on a vehicle that just sets in my driveway that I cannot drive! BECAUSE OF SOMEBODY'S LACK OF DOING THEIR JOB YOU CAN TAKE THE VEHICLE BACK!!! And speak with my attorney. This is you or the dealer’s mistake. Not mine nor my grandfather. And if this issue does not get resolved in a timely manner not only will I report your business to the Better Business Bureau I’m going to sue this absolutely ridiculous going around in circles. Do your job fix it. Thank you and have a blessed day.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

I was looking for a new or lower mileage, newer used car. Capital One just happened to come up in my search (I've had their credit cards for years). Now, keeping in mind what Capital One is about, they service people with "not the greatest credit". So there are a lot of reviews here from people who got in over their head. My experience, the application process was very easy. I was looking for a Ford, which I could have bought new on their employee purchase plan... but Ford credit turned me down. Capital One's interest rates vary by the vehicle, and amount borrowed.

I actually lowered my interest rate quite a bit by paying $300 more down ($2000 vs $1700). I'm right around 7% interest, I had the dealer run their banks, Capital One was still the lowest of 4 lenders. I have a 3 year old Ford van with 17,500 miles on it. Close enough to new, at half the price of new. I say, give them a shot. However, know your limitations, what you can afford and your employment stability. I see a lot of reviews complaining how their car was repossessed when they quit paying. Yep, that's how it works with any bank.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2017

I am very surprised at how low Capital One Auto Finance is rated. I have been with Capital One about 2 years now. I have 3 cards with them and got a Auto loan with a very low interest rate. After filling bankruptcy I was given a chance by Capital One. I have never missed a payment. Never had any problem with customer service. They have outstanding. Would highly recommend them to anyone.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

So I bought a 2011 Toyota Camry back in 2012. Payments were for the most part on time but at one point after a job loss we fell behind. Like others who wrote reviews I too kept in contact asking for extensions, in which they take a couple of payments and put them at the end of the loan, but each time I was denied! Well this past August I woke one morning to find my car "missing"... after calling the local PD I found out it was REPOSSESSED! If that's not bad enough it was by a company 60 miles away who ONLY allows you 4 hrs a day window to get down there to claim it!

Anyway, I called Cap One to ask WHY and according to them we were 4 payments behind which I couldn't understand. I must've lost count somewhere (???). After 2 days of going back and forth they finally agreed to take ONLY the back payments and put all fees for repo and late fees at back of loan! (Yea NOW you want to do that! SMH!) So we get the car back on Sept 1st NOT without damage and a broken license plate... only to have it get totalled in an accident on Oct 31st! Guess I should have left it at the repo yard!!! In all honesty it worked out because he got good money from insurance and it paid off loan and got him a new ride out of mommy's name! Below is his new car NOT financed through Cap One!

Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

I wish we could give Zero stars! I bought a car and the dealership chose Capital One as my financer (I wanted Ally). At first they were all sweet and nice. Didn't have a problem until I fell behind due to someone in the fam losing their job. I called and spoke with a representative and asked for one payment to be put at the end of the loan. That request was refused. I asked over and over in the coming months until I was two months behind. Then three. Every time I called and spoke with a representative and they told me that I was not in repo status and to send payment as soon as possible. Again I was refused for a payment to be put at the end of the loan. We fell further into debt, and they refused to help until I was several months past due. The finally agreed to work with me and told me that the only thing they can do is give me a payment plan of 3 months at almost $600 per month.

We scraped the first payment together and paid it. The second payment - I didn't know how I could pay that much as I am on disability. The other member of the family was working again but it wasn't a high paying job. I called them again and asked if the remaining two payments could be spread across 3 months instead of two. I told them we were struggling. They didn't care and told me they cannot change the agreement. I asked them, "Do you do this purposely to repo peoples' cars and make more money?" The rep replied that no, they didn't. But it didn't behoove them to put payments at the end of the loan. I ask why not and never received a straight answer. I told them Ally had no problem with it.

Well a month or so later they repo'd my car. Thankfully we were able to buy a used car from someone so we had transportation. The kicker was - They sold a car with a 13,000 balance for 2,888! There was no reason they couldn't sell it for way more. And now I'm receiving collection letters for the 13,000. I get that they want their money but I don't have any to give them. They are the worst for helping out customers going through rough spots.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

Just applied for a auto loan. Received a pre-qualification letter. Sent it to the dealer. In the meantime sent pay stubs to Capital One and my approval amount was lowered by $5,000. Still okay and was able to get the car I wanted. Received email stating that they have the pay stub and to take the pre-qualification form and pay stub with me to the dealer. I called Cap One before I went to the dealer to make sure they had everything. They stated that I now needed a co-signer. I don't have bad credit at all, but I am 23 years old, I'm guessing that's why. Then an hour later I received a letter saying that I did not pre-qualify.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2017

I was "pre approved" for an auto loan. When push came to shove I got denied an auto loan for a $12,000 vehicle after my down payment. Funny thing is though when I went for a lease for a 2017 Buick Enclave with an MSRP of $52,000 I got approved immediately at an "A+" tier for a 24 month lease with 15,000 miles a year for $350/month. Oh by the way I didn't have to put anything down. Thanks for nothing Capital One...

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

After being with this company since 2013 I have to say that this company is money hungry leeches. I bought this car for my husband who had a heart attack and needed a car that had AC. This was the only vehicle that the car dealership could get us into. Sadly that also came with a 12.48% Apr. So after everything and having 2 years or good payments on-time and automatic they now are not willing to help. I was 6 months pregnant and seen that making my 365.00 payments was not going to keep going. I asked to see if I could settle my debt and get the car paid off. Well which that also said the engine blew a rod to the point it will cost me about 6500 to replace the engine and me owing 7500 that just financially did not make sense. So I tried to settle my debt since my payoff amount was 7293 and the interest that has been paid to date is 10000. I feel Capital One auto already made their money off of me and settle for 3500. They said no.

So sadly I lost my job two weeks ago and I am 8.5 months pregnant. My husband is self-employed and is doing his best to keep income coming in to pay rent but the last 2 months have not worked out well in our favor. Being behind in rent, utilities and now car payment the stress is overwhelming. I called Capital One Auto asking to see what they suggest I do or if there is anything they can help with and all they can say is wait until the 25th for the repo stage and then talk to a repo agent to see if they can help. Well sadly I was not ready to just give up but I guess this is how Capital One Auto makes their money. Very sad that this company are not out to help their customers. Instead they want to line their pockets.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

I recently was in the hospital for months, due to blood clots going through my heart. We got behind on 2 payments. Beforehand, never any issues. We kept in contact with the company, kept them up to date on our situation. Asked for a hardship, which would allow us to skip two payments to the end of lease. They did one payment. We would speak to one representative, who said one thing. Next day, be threatened by a different representative, saying something completely different. I understand they are running a business. We DID, get behind. There are processes a company puts in place for people like us. Hardships, lost jobs, sickness, the company can help. This company, not really!

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

Don't use or trust this company!! I have a 72 mo loan in the last year and due to income loss contacted them to request their auto loan extension option for putting 2-3 payments on the back end of the loan. The principal amount from 2012 was app. $25,000 which has been paid back and in addition thousands in interest so in essence the bank has virtually no risk in working with us.

I was told we don't qualify for this even though the total payout is only app. $4000 and when asked the rep says he doesn't know why he can't extend this option to me even though it's right on their website. Then I was told the vehicle is scheduled to be repossessed and unless we pay up there are no other options available.

This company will suck every dime out of you they can and the minute it's in their best interest to add to the bottom line pull the plug and repo your car, auction it off and sue you for any deficiency plus all kinds of costs. Run from doing business with them!!!

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

Capital One implemented a product called "CreditWise" some time ago. Since then, I have not been able to log onto my account. I have spoken with numerous customer service types, including a group called "Office of the President". They make promises, say they will get back to me, and then go away forever. I have spent hours on the phone and on hold. Terrible way to treat customers! I can't wait to be finished with this company forever!

Original review: Aug. 24, 2017

I don't think I've ever written a positive review before. I've never really felt the need to take the time to go online and fill out a review for something going my way or for how I was treated with respect and compassion. The past 4 years have been really rough for a member of my family and we recently learned that said family member was one day away from her car getting sent out to be repossessed. I called customer service on her behalf and spoke with Amanda. Amanda was absolutely incredible to work with. She was compassionate, respectful, and understanding.

She also has a wealth of knowledge and worked so hard to figure out a way to prevent my family member's car from being repossessed. Losing her car after finally coming to terms with the changes she is now making in her life might have been the last straw. This all sounds so dramatic, I know. Maybe I'm just super emotional right now. Honestly, I wasn't expecting the experience we had working with Amanda and felt like telling her thank you over the phone wasn't enough.

Original review: June 24, 2017

Capital One is refusing to take payment, and want me surrender my car back... The dealer is not refunding my down payment. I have this car for 2 months. Make 1 payment. I was trying to make payment # 2... They want to pay the car in full or return it. Besides that I make the deal with AUTONATION TOYOTA in Libertyville Il. Now they say is nothing they can do, And going to end losing my DOWN PAYMENT... I NEED AN ADVICE THANK YOU.

Original review: June 18, 2017

I called Capital One 3 days before I went up to the dealership. Told the agent or whatever you call them "the car was having too many problems. I wanna get rid of this deal". He said "take it back Friday". June 16th came. I took the truck back up to South Chicago Dodge said "I would like to cancel this deal. The mess I went thru was unreal." Then I called back to Capital One which was even worse. Had the nerves to say the deal was funded. Where in the world does time to finalize any deal come in at this truck. Ain't worth the amount you are selling it for and I truly want to cancel this deal. I am considering talking to a lawyer as well as BBB. I know I am gonna give them a shout out regarding this matter between the 2 of y'all. The whole operation needs to be shut down because you all are a big rip off.

Capital One Auto Financing expert review by Lauren Fix

Capital One Bank is a well-known financial institution that provides auto loans and financing for new and used cars. The company was founded in Richmond, VA in 1988.

• Low rates: Capital One can provide low rates for consumers with a good credit history. Get pre-qualified and know how much to spend.

• Low payments: The company can also negotiate low payments with Capital One Auto Finance specialists to help you lower your payments.

• Auto loan calculator: They provide an auto-loan calculator that allows borrowers to estimate monthly car payments for the total amount they need to finance. They also offer an auto learning center to learn about financing, loan extension and more.

• Wide network: They have a network of over 12,000 eligible dealers, in order to offer customers plenty of inventory and brand options.

• Variety of loan options: The company provides a huge range of auto loan options, whether buyers are purchasing used or new automobiles.

• Best for: Customers with good credit ratings who want the best deal on auto loans.

Profile picture of Lauren Fix
Lauren Fix

Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

Capital One Auto Financing Company Information