1.40/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution
Find a recommended auto loan provider now
We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Capital One Auto Financing

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 4, 2017

141 Capital One Auto Financing Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

I recently was in the hospital for months, due to blood clots going through my heart. We got behind on 2 payments. Beforehand, never any issues. We kept in contact with the company, kept them up to date on our situation. Asked for a hardship, which would allow us to skip two payments to the end of lease. They did one payment. We would speak to one representative, who said one thing. Next day, be threatened by a different representative, saying something completely different. I understand they are running a business. We DID, get behind. There are processes a company puts in place for people like us. Hardships, lost jobs, sickness, the company can help. This company, not really!

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

Don't use or trust this company!! I have a 72 mo loan in the last year and due to income loss contacted them to request their auto loan extension option for putting 2-3 payments on the back end of the loan. The principal amount from 2012 was app. $25,000 which has been paid back and in addition thousands in interest so in essence the bank has virtually no risk in working with us.

I was told we don't qualify for this even though the total payout is only app. $4000 and when asked the rep says he doesn't know why he can't extend this option to me even though it's right on their website. Then I was told the vehicle is scheduled to be repossessed and unless we pay up there are no other options available.

This company will suck every dime out of you they can and the minute it's in their best interest to add to the bottom line pull the plug and repo your car, auction it off and sue you for any deficiency plus all kinds of costs. Run from doing business with them!!!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

Capital One implemented a product called "CreditWise" some time ago. Since then, I have not been able to log onto my account. I have spoken with numerous customer service types, including a group called "Office of the President". They make promises, say they will get back to me, and then go away forever. I have spent hours on the phone and on hold. Terrible way to treat customers! I can't wait to be finished with this company forever!

Original review: Aug. 24, 2017

I don't think I've ever written a positive review before. I've never really felt the need to take the time to go online and fill out a review for something going my way or for how I was treated with respect and compassion. The past 4 years have been really rough for a member of my family and we recently learned that said family member was one day away from her car getting sent out to be repossessed. I called customer service on her behalf and spoke with Amanda. Amanda was absolutely incredible to work with. She was compassionate, respectful, and understanding.

She also has a wealth of knowledge and worked so hard to figure out a way to prevent my family member's car from being repossessed. Losing her car after finally coming to terms with the changes she is now making in her life might have been the last straw. This all sounds so dramatic, I know. Maybe I'm just super emotional right now. Honestly, I wasn't expecting the experience we had working with Amanda and felt like telling her thank you over the phone wasn't enough.

Original review: June 24, 2017

Capital One is refusing to take payment, and want me surrender my car back... The dealer is not refunding my down payment. I have this car for 2 months. Make 1 payment. I was trying to make payment # 2... They want to pay the car in full or return it. Besides that I make the deal with AUTONATION TOYOTA in Libertyville Il. Now they say is nothing they can do, And going to end losing my DOWN PAYMENT... I NEED AN ADVICE THANK YOU.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Capital One Auto Financing?

Original review: June 18, 2017

I called Capital One 3 days before I went up to the dealership. Told the agent or whatever you call them "the car was having too many problems. I wanna get rid of this deal". He said "take it back Friday". June 16th came. I took the truck back up to South Chicago Dodge said "I would like to cancel this deal. The mess I went thru was unreal." Then I called back to Capital One which was even worse. Had the nerves to say the deal was funded. Where in the world does time to finalize any deal come in at this truck. Ain't worth the amount you are selling it for and I truly want to cancel this deal. I am considering talking to a lawyer as well as BBB. I know I am gonna give them a shout out regarding this matter between the 2 of y'all. The whole operation needs to be shut down because you all are a big rip off.

Original review: May 29, 2017

Having been a Capital One customer for ~ 6 yrs, I must say, I have experienced nothing short of superb customer service, respect & understanding. Every phone call/correspondence with customer service has been thorough, professional & quite often educating. If I were to ever find myself in a inadvertently &/or temporary bind EVERY effort was made by Capital One to ensure a reasonable, convenient way ahead. Being proactive by owning/explaining your oversight, delinquency (break in loan agreement), etc and following through on an alternate plan agreed upon by both parties knowing, by law of contract, they had no obligation to do so, has made my personal experience with Capital One Auto finance, highly recommendable.

Not to mention, as a military member entitled to the SCRA interest rate limits, my interest rate was lowered immediately upon notification and a call that ended with "thank you for your service". To each their own, but understanding there is a process to every transaction allows for a reasonable perspective on the time it may take to complete and/or receive. So, for those looking to partner with a reputable, professional, very reasonable financing company, I recommend reaching out to Capital One to inquire about your options!

Original review: May 25, 2017

I hope this gets to Rich Fairbanks! I have been a customer with Capital One since 2014. My interest is 20% and my payments are $416. My mom decided to leave town and I've been forced to pay more bills than normal. I've tried countless times to get my payments down! I entered into the "Hardship" program! This doesn't help at all then could get my payments down $0 less! Well how is that supposed to help me when I said I can't even afford the $478!

There needs to be something implemented to really help those in need who have fallen on hard times! If I tell you I can't make my regular payment of 416 what make you think I can make a payment of $416. Each day I pray I hit the lotto so I no longer have to deal with this! I have to tell friends to steer away from this company. You guys do not help people at all!!! Oh yeah and with the hardship program if you don't have the money to enter the program they drop you from it! This is the worst customer service ever!

Original review: May 3, 2017

We had an auto loan with Capital One for almost four years. My fiance's car was the one financed through Capital One, but I was on the loan with him. Recently we experienced a total loss and our insurance company settled with us for more than the remainder of the auto loan with Capital One. My fiance spoke over the phone with our insurance company and a representative from Capital One on the same line regarding how to handle the payoff, and when Capital One could expect the check from our insurance company.

My fiance did everything right. We had to get him a replacement vehicle as soon as possible after the total loss, so we went car shopping and purchased a new vehicle that did require financing on our part. We were OK with that, knowing Capital One would be paid off the following Monday (two days later) and that we would be comfortable enough to afford the payments on the new vehicle. Well, we called Capital One because we needed a statement from them saying they'd spoken to our insurance company and that they were aware the entirety of the loan with them would be paid. That's all we needed.

My fiance was on the phone for an hour and a half and was transferred to 5 different auto finance reps before he asked to speak to a manager. All of the reps he spoke with were rude, claimed they had had no contact with our insurance company, and that we were two months past due on the payment toward the loan that was about to be PAID OFF IN FULL (and then some). We literally needed them to send us ANYTHING that simply stated either notes from a contact report saying something like they had "been in talks with the insurance company and are expecting payment in the next few days". But NO ONE would help him, and they kept giving him the runaround.

We knew that this short letter was the ONLY thing we needed so that the new finance company (for the new vehicle we HAD to purchase so my fiance can drive 100 miles to his full-time job and back every day) would know the old loan was paid out in full. Capital One is a bunch of idiots. We were at our wits' end with them when this happened, and are so glad we will never have to deal with them again! Please let this be a warning to you. Do NOT finance with Capital One or even do business with these crooks. They are incompetent, and will lie and deceive you into thinking you are crazy or misinformed when all you are trying to do is get things done correctly and in a timely manner. What a bunch of crooks!

Original review: April 28, 2017

I purchased a car (via private owner) on 21 Mar '17. We closed the deal at a Capital One Branch in Slidell, LA, because the previous owner's loan was with Capital One. Capital One claimed that the title would arrive within 15 business days of the payoff check posting. It has now been 22 business days, and Capital One cannot confirm when/if the title was mailed, and have no idea when it might arrive - they didn't document when it was mailed, and they do not have a tracking number. I'm confident they lost the title, and they do not care to help. After this experience, I will never bank with Capital One.

Original review: April 13, 2017

I have been working on our credit score to apply for a home loan. I had two late payments last year, but on the next month that was due I made two separate payments to make up each of those late payments. Capital One is still saying I owe two past payments. I spoke to them a couple of weeks ago and argued with someone regarding it. They said they do not make mistakes, I have all my email confirmations of the payments and bank statements and the payment transaction posted to my Capital One Auto Loan showing all the payments.

This morning I get an alert from MyFico and Credit Karma that there was a change. Our score dropped by 79 points for late payments to Capital One Auto. This is very wrong. They have incorrectly reported my payments and saying I owe them two months of past due payments. I hire a Credit Pros to fix it but that would cost additional money which would decrease my payment to purchasing a home. Our plan was to apply for a home loan as a first time buyer this month. And now our FICO score dropped below 79 points below 600 which is now 515 score. If I dispute it then my score goes down. How do I fight them? Please advise, this is also placing a strain on my marriage and my health.

Original review: April 7, 2017

I am surprised at the low stars for Capital One Auto Financing. I am saying this because I NEVER encountered any issues with them. As a matter of fact I like Capital one auto financing way better than the other company I financed my other car with. When I needed to defer a payment they never gave me a hard time. Customer service has always been polite and they even gave me advise on a better way to make my payments every month which will apply to the principal and it has worked out great. I actually decided to finance with them on another vehicle I just purchased because I enjoyed their service.

Original review: April 6, 2017

When I first spoke with them after I bought my car they seemed so helpful. But if you need help by putting a payment at the end, they refuse. They do NOT want to help you in any way. The ONLY person I found helpful was Jefferson. Everyone else is worthless. I got behind in payments due to loss of work, and they waited until I was very behind before they gave me any help.

I made arrangements for 3 payments of almost $600 a month! We paid the first month. Second month we realized we were not going to have enough money for that and our normal bills. I called asking to spread the last 2 payments over 3 months and they refused! The "supervisor" whom I doubt was a supervisor, was rude, talked over me, talked down to me like I didn't understand what he was saying. He flat out refused to help. I can only hope that one day they will be in my situation and understand what it's like when nobody will work with you. Capital One - get some quality reps in there instead of these rude people.

Original review: March 27, 2017

Bad customer service and services offered are terrible. I asked for a deferred payment for one month. I have financed with other companies and have never told me this something we don't normally do! Everything is digital. No live people to provide consumers with special circumstances.

Original review: March 23, 2017

My vehicle was considered a total loss due to an accident in December 2016. I did everything on my part with the insurance company to ensure Capital One received their money for my car loan. They received $13,000 from my insurance company in February 2017, and reported 2 late car note payments to my credit bureau which dropped my credit score DRASTICALLY. I get a letter in the mail from my GAP Insurance company stating they paid off the rest of the car loan ($8,000) to Capital One.

I've been trying to get a hold of a representative for a week. Capital One put a block on me so everytime I call and enter my information, an automated message comes on stating they cannot help me at this time. When I log in to my 360 acct, they forward me a message to call their 800 customer service number. This is beyond ridiculous. Next thing you know they're going to report they haven't received their payoff for the loan. Does anybody know how I can get a hold of them?

Original review: March 17, 2017

I finance a car through Capital One 2011 and have set up my payments to auto start right out of my account every month. The one time, this Feb. 2017, I fell into hard times which cause 1 payment to be late, hits my credit! So a score from 728 goes to 647, unbelievable. I get back on track and my first priority is to take care of my car loan. So I make 2 payments at once, taking care of the one that fell behind plus the current. The following month I pay off the remaining balance of $778.

1 weeks later I get a congratulations on paying off the loan. I call them up to see if my late payment can be forgiven based on how my history of my on time payments have been for almost 6 years, minus the 1 late payment. They flat out told me, "Oh we don't do that here." I then explained to 2 different departments how I've paid on time for almost 6 years and was looking to continue business with them by considering a credit card. They wanted to sign me up for the credit card but wouldn't forgive the one late payment out of ALMOST 6 YEARS OF GOOD PAYMENT HISTORY! I asked them isn't that the whole point of Forgiveness. But, "They don't do that there". They just rubbed me the wrong way with that. They don't care about their customers. I will gladly take my business elsewhere.

Original review: March 13, 2017

The title department is small time. RUDE and they lie. I sent all my documents including my original FL title in Jan, certified mail and they received it Jan 13, 2017. 13 pages and now they lied 4xs on the phone saying they don't have it. A 2nd rep the manager Stacey admitted they do have it and she got the previous title only. Hello it is the only title I got from ALLY Financial. I have gotten threatening letters saying I am in breach of contract and they will repossess my vehicle and charge me fees. We are payments ahead on the loan and they have all my documents and I am in BREACH? Stay far away. They are thieves!!!

Original review: March 10, 2017

I hope this gets to Rich Fairbanks! I have been a customer with Capital One since 2017. My interest is 20% and my payments are $478. My mom decided to leave town and I've been forced to pay more bills than normal. I've tried countless times to get my payments down! I entered into the "Hardship" program! This doesn't help at all then could get my payments down $20 less! Well how is that supposed to help me when I said I can't even afford the $478!

There needs to be something implemented to really help those in need who have fallen on hard times! If I tell you I can't make my regular payment of 478 what make you think I can make a payment of $450. Each day I pray I hit the lotto so I no longer have to deal with this! I have to tell friends to steer away from this company. You guys do not help people at all!!! Oh yeah and with the hardship program if you don't have the money to enter the program they drop you from it! This is the worst customer service ever! At times I want to say "come get the car and I will call me an Uber when I need to get somewhere"!

Original review: March 8, 2017

I have a nonsecured CC with Capital One. I've never had any issues with that and have enjoyed regular credit increases. For about the last year, I keep receiving letters about every 2 months saying I am approved for $35,000 from this dealership or that. Those have usually went in the trash, as I was not looking to buy another vehicle. I own my current vehicle outright and happy to have no payments. However, recently I decided, "Why not treat myself?" I filled out my loan application through Auto Nav, uploaded the requested documents, and got my prequalification letter.

There was certain criteria in which the vehicle had to meet, and according to their instructions, once I found that vehicle I just had to bring in my prequalified letter and everything would be good. 30 min or less, right? Wrong. Found my perfect vehicle, met all criteria, 90 min later was informed that I would need a larger down payment than thought, my monthly payment was $100 more than we discussed (Capital One says due to high miles, which were 100,000... on a truck), and told I would need a co-signer because my income was not enough.

Let me remind you I filled out the application and uploaded my proof of income, and they said I was qualified for $30,000. The truck was $16,900, almost half of my "qualification." They wanted $3000 down, I was only willing to put $2,000 down. We discussed payments of $350/month or less, they came back with $442/month (supposedly due to "high miles"). The criteria was 10 years or newer (truck is almost 8) and 120,000 miles or less (truck has 100,000) but what really gets me is now I need a co-signer due to my income, although they already had that information when they "prequalified" me. It's a nice bait-and-switch. I walked out of the dealership and will get my loan through another company.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2017

Do not finance a car with Capital One. My wife financed a car with Capital One. After 2 years with no late or missed payments she set up auto pay with them. It failed to work with no notification to her for three or four months. She came out to go to work and her car was gone. No letter, no call, no notification of any kind... Attempting to pay the unpaid balance was a nightmare. Further they assessed a repossession fee. If it was not paid the car would not be released. I informed Capital One that their actions break MD law with regards to repossession fees. MD law requires a letter of intent to repossess be delivered (verifiable) 10 days prior to repossession or no fees can be assessed. They did not care and required payment of the fee before they would release the car.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2017

I have been with Capital One since I was 18 Years old. I got my first credit card. At 20 I was ready to get my first car loan. Everyone denied me because of my age, although I had managed to have a fair credit score at the time. The only one that gave me a chance was Capital One! They have been great. The convenience of the app is great. I am easily able to make bi-weekly payments, and principal only payments. I will be done paying my car loan by April of 2017 when my original loan payoff date was July of 2022! They are a great company that I would recommend to ANYONE!

Original review: Jan. 17, 2017

My car was repossessed after missing 4 months of payments and I have to be honest, Capital One worked with me for over a year and half with my late payments due to loss of income. When my car was repossessed, I was frantic and concerned if they were going to give me a chance because I literally just got a job. I called them and they actually helped me once again. They were able to extend my loan for two months, waive the late fees and repossession fee and all I had to pay to get my car back was two months of the past due amount and the next month my regular payment would start again on a fresh note. I paid it right away and they put me on hold and cleared my car to get released the same day.

I am back on my regular monthly payments and now that I am working again, I'm grateful to have my loan with them because they could have been ** and required the full amount due on my loan or not want to assist at all. To God be the Glory and I hope this helps someone who is worried. I wrote this review because when my car was repossessed, I came onto this site and was so scared if they were going to work with me and they did. My advice is to pick up the phone and work with them because it's my fault my car even got repossessed because they always worked with me even with my late payments. Hope this helps some. :)

Original review: Jan. 4, 2017

Missed my November payment because of a car accident (other party was at fault) and had to pay for rental while my car was being fixed (almost a month). Called in December to explain the situation and they split my November payment into 4 scheduled payments which added onto the month's current due (Jan. 3, Feb. 3, Mar. 3 & Mar. 18). First scheduled went through last night for $684.35 which is the correct amount of the scheduled payment for Jan. Then I noticed that there was a remaining $410.35 in my current due for Jan. 16; that shouldn't be there because the month's payment was changed to the 3rd. Turns out, $410.35 is the remaining (split) payment from November.

I called and a Filipino lady (Mina) with a heavy accent helped me but I had to explain to her 6 times why I shouldn't have the $410.35 due on the 16th when it's suppose to be added onto the next 3 payments; she transferred me to the Finance Catch-Up specialist (another Filipino lady by the name of Talia) -- Talia was nice at first then she got aggressive; repeating to me that I had until the 16th to pay the $410.35 or I'd be charged a late fee after the grace period of 10 days. I kept explaining to her, "why am I suppose to pay that on the 16th when there should NOT be a payment due on the 16th because that $410.35 is already schedule into the next 3 payments?" Then she kept repeating herself about making the payment on time by the 16th. I had enough and said, "thank you for helping me, but it seems like you people have no idea what you're doing" and hung up.

Now I'm stuck with a payment that I'm not suppose to make this month while I already have 3 custom payments scheduled. Thought the point of the Catch-Up system was to take a missed payment and schedule it into future payments to avoid late-fees and to have the person pay the missing payment in the scheduled times?! Apparently that system is a lie. Capital One has the worst customer service in the Philippines--thanks, for nothing.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2016

I paid off my car loan in Jan 2016. At that point Capital One sent me a title but did a wonderful job by not putting my apartment number on the envelope in which title was enclosed. As a result, title did not come to me. After a few phone calls and a personal appearance at a local Capital One bank, they sent me the title after about 6 weeks of waiting time. But while my lost title was wandering around between me and them somewhere, they had acquired another title from Connecticut. They first sent me the lost title which was issued by Connecticut DMV in March and then they sent me the replacement title too which was issued by Connecticut in April, without any note explaining as to which title I should keep. They did not inform me that one of these titles had automatically nullified the other.

Since I had already received the original title which Capital One previously lost, I kept that one and shredded the one they sent after, as I reasonably thought they mistakenly sent it twice. However, the one I tore apart was the valid one. Auto Finance dept never informed me they had acquired a replacement title and that the latest one will cancel out the previous one. This also indicates that inside their department, the system is nothing but a piece of crap. They don't keep track of what is being sent to who and how many times. Extremely disappointing. The most stupid thing they did was sending me both titles or the lost title. If they had already acquired a new title, that was the only one they should have mailed me to keep the matter simple. Or they should at least have included a note with the newer title explaining that this was the valid one. By sending both titles, they simply exacerbated the problem.

All this happened in March. However, in August I sold out my vehicle to a third party signing the 2nd last title (the one Capital One originally lost in mail) and when the buyer tried to transfer it under her name, Texas DMV refused to accept that title calling it invalid since it was not the most current one. Texas DMV wants the title issued on April 5th, not the one I signed which was issued on March 22nd. This horrible auto finance dept has put me in a very difficult position. My buyer is now being suspicious of me. I contacted the Capital One Auto dept so they can do something about it and they secured their side by simply saying, nothing is in their hands and they can't do anything about it. Come on Idiots. You were my lenders and you are ones who created all this mess by first putting a wrong address on title envelope and then sending two titles for one vehicle.

At this point, this horrible department left me with two options: to send their lien of release letter to Connecticut to obtain the newest title which may take up to 90 days (something my buyer does not want to do at all) or else I have to fly over to Connecticut from Texas to get the title immediately so my buyer in Texas can transfer it over to her name. Horrible experience! In case, if I fly over to Connecticut to fix this mess, I will be seeking a legal remedy for all these travel expenses and mental hassle I have gone through.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2016

Had surgery, lost job after 23 years working for the feds. Called to make financial arrangements and requested automatic debt and loan extension. Everything was approved!!! Have documentation. Well, Capital One management team lied and came and repo my car the day of my child's school banquet and wedding anniversary. I had one year to pay my car off of a purchase of Mercedes C300 for 2,7000+ with a high interest which I already paid over 42,000. What a dirty low down company!!! All this was done right in front of my children. They cried because we were at the store and had no way to get home. When they repo my car, this was the most embarrassing moment of my entire life.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2016

I have been trying to set up my online payments with them, all they do is keep me on hold for 45 mins at a time passing me to different people just telling me how sorry they are. I don't need apologies. I want results and positive action to correct whatever issue is going on. I have had car loans with others and never have I been through all day phone for days. I am looking forward to transferring my loan.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2016

I wish I could give 0 stars! First of all, trying to get a hold of anyone of the phone to make a payment is a nightmare. After months of frustration I decided I would try to make payments online. I got the Capitol One app and it was easily just as bad if not worse. There was no way for me to make a payment. I signed in and was able to see the balance I owed (which was wrong!) but when I tried to make a payment I was rerouted to sign in again... This literally happened over and over until I eventually gave up. Also, I have never missed or been late on any payment since I have taken out this loan. However, I somehow have an outstanding balance of over $1000! Online statements are reflecting I have missed two payments and have racked up hundreds of dollars worth of late fees. Absolutely ridiculous.

Every time I have made a payment, not only has the representative confirmed that the payment went through but Capitol One has happily (and very promptly) debited the money from my checking account. I am absolutely furious at this point. I will never recommend Capitol One to ANYONE. Actually... I will take any opportunity I get to deter anyone and everyone from using this bank. They are simply awful.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2016

Customer service was not knowledgeable about services offered. Capital One Auto Finance regulates you on how far in advance you get and does not allow payment in advance (towards future payments). Asking for a manager is useless because they apparently leave early. The people they leave in control are not very knowledgeable and keep going in circles. Just my opinion... GO with someone else!!!

Original review: Oct. 22, 2016

I have called Capital One for a fax number for the repossession department however they are refusing to give me a number. I am looking for any fax number to send them correspondence but they won't give it to me. Does anyone have a number that be given and I hope it goes to the correct person.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2016

I keep receiving mail and occasional email from Capital One saying I am approved to purchase an auto or truck for $35,000.00. This is sort of stupid since they won't raise my credit limit on my platinum card another $250.00, from $750.00 to $1,000.00. I called them once before, perhaps 6 months ago and asked them to stop sending me offers to purchase a car for $35,000.00 (local vehicles from a variety of different makes, e.g., Ford, Chevy, Hyundai, Toyota, etc.). They agreed, but I continued to receive these offers.

Finally I called them today again and asked them to stop sending these offers, that it seemed stupid since they won't offer $250.00 more in credit but I can get $35,000 to get a car. The lady said the offers come from GM because I have a GM Capital One card. Uh... no I don't. I have the platinum card lady. So she can't help me but transfers me to someone else, who in turn transfers me to someone else. The last person I talk to, I couldn't even understand. His words were muffled and he was talking fast. I asked him to slow down and enunciate his words better, but alas, all I heard the entire time was what sounded like someone trying to talk through a wet blanket. At the end of his speech I did recognize, somewhat, words to the effect, "Is there anything else we can do for you?"

I wasn't sure what he said. And I'm not sure he eliminated the offers that I get monthly for exorbitant funds to purchase automobiles. What I am sure of, however, is that it is ridiculous to offer $35,000 dollars for a car, but not allow another $250 dollars on my credit card. That's just plain stupid. So I think I just wasted an hour on the phone for nothing. And to boot, I never authorized them to give my information away to local dealerships, but obviously they don't care, even after you specifically request for them not to. I'll just pay the card off, close the account and seek another card from a company that doesn't sell your information even if you tell them not to, and to a company that at least can offer better rates, better credit line amounts, and who can talk to you without the phone in their mouth so far as to be unintelligible.

Capital One Auto Financing expert review by Lauren Fix

Capital One Bank is a well-known financial institution that provides auto loans and financing for new and used cars. The company was founded in Richmond, VA in 1988.

• Low rates: Capital One can provide low rates for consumers with a good credit history. Get pre-qualified and know how much to spend.
    • Low payments: The company can also negotiate low payments with Capital One Auto Finance specialists to help you lower your payments.
    • Auto loan calculator: They provide an auto-loan calculator that allows borrowers to estimate monthly car payments for the total amount they need to finance. They also offer an auto learning center to learn about financing, loan extension and more.
    • Wide network: They have a network of over 12,000 eligible dealers, in order to offer customers plenty of inventory and brand options.
    • Variety of loan options: The company provides a huge range of auto loan options, whether buyers are purchasing used or new automobiles.
    • Best for: Customers with good credit ratings who want the best deal on auto loans.
    Profile picture of Lauren Fix
    Lauren Fix

Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

Capital One Auto Financing Company Information