3.6/5 (1501 ratings)

About Capital One Auto Financing

Capital One Auto Financing Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Capital One Auto Financing?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Capital One Auto Financing?

Original review: Sept. 27, 2022

Capital One is more interested in your vehicle than your loan. If you're a couple days late, they threaten you to pick up the vehicle. It’s like, they don’t want your money, they want your vehicle. The people with authority, including the president, hide. They don’t want to face the way customer service treats people. I’ve offered them multiple payments several times, but they want the vehicle instead. You’re better off dealing with Guido.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2022

I will tell you that once you have refinanced an auto loan through Capital One, if you had Gap insurance on the previous loan then it will not carry over to the Capital One loan, since you are not a dealer. Think twice. If you get in an accident most insurance companies only pay off the wholesale amount and you are responsible for the money left. Including if you rolled old payments into the car, from an older loan.

Get buying tips about Auto Loans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2022

After being a customer for over 5 years we decided to refinance through our credit union to ridiculous high interest rates. I got the 10 day payoff which was good until 8/8/22, I overnighted 2 checks and they were received and signed by their corporate office on the 8th, they didn't put the funds on the account until the 9th and 10th bc they split up the big amount to 2 separate figures totaling the certified check amount. They then reversed the amounts on the 15th saying our bank denied to release the funds. Mike in escalation stated he didn't think NFCU would do it but if they would honor the check that COAF had then they would honor the 8/8 payoff previously provided.

NFCU knowing they messed up by accidentally deleting our entire loan in their system stated they would honor the same check for the same amount and sent over a check 21, which is basically like an ACH electronic payment that is recognized by all financial institutions on 8/25. COAF stated they didn't receive it. Terry the manager at COAF said, however when we called NFCU and then 3 wayed COAF Terry stated they did in fact receive it but would not accept it and was rude and nasty and a liar.

Every time we called it was wait 7 days, wait 7 days nc meanwhile interest is accruing. We finally had to get a NEW check with a different check number from NFCU FedEx to us and once again have to overnight to COAF, this nightmare is still not over. Save yourself. COAF may be convenient but if you think you will qualify through COAF you will most likely be accepted with a FAR better interest rate through your bank especially credit unions. Save yourself time, hassle, and a headache, and save your wallet because they are greedy and care nothing about customer service.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2022

This company does not follow GAAP rules and regulations regarding loans! Can this company stipulate if my signature gave monetary value to the agreement/promissory note? State law requires the PURCHASE of the promissory note. Did the loan agreement state whoever provided the loan should be paid back with interest? (YES) It's clear that this Auto Financing Company is violating GAAP's Matching Principle... They're also in violation of 12 USCA Section 1813... where's my receipt. Was my agreement treated as a note or a draft?

Just know I'll be seeking a remedy for this fraud supported by code UCC 1.308, and that any contracts allegedly signed by me from this Company is void ab initio for failing to reveal Material Facts contained in the loan. Respond to my Affidavit of Truth or provide me with a refund so we can avoid a public costly court matter. The Chief Financial Officer for the Corporation name is Richard **. You would think he'd be in favor of fair banking practices. (unbelievable) America waking up, do better!!!

Original review: July 8, 2022

There are 2 payments that were reported on my credit report as 30 days late payments. They had pushed these payments to the end of the loan making the loan amount higher and there was some payment arrangements they were made and they still reported us being late. I need this to get rectified because I paid on time and never missed a payment. So I need for Capital One Auto Finance to take this inaccurate payment off of my credit report asap.

Is not right what these companies are going to the consumer. Without the consumer they won't have jobs. So they need to treat the consumer with the outmost respect and Courtesy. They do work with you when it comes to making your payments. But for them not to make this right and I have tried to dispute this with the credit bureaus and they advised me that Capital One has to be the one to take it out. I want it taken off of my credit report. No questions asked. We paid the entire loan so the least they can do is make this right.

Original review: July 3, 2022

Thanks Capital One for approving me when others said no. The interest rate you provided me is astounding and very affordable. I'd give you 10 STARS if it was FEASIBLE. Thank you so kindly Capital one.

Original review: June 17, 2022

If I could give a -star, I would - 1 star is too generous. I opened my auto loan 08/20 and because of loss of wages in 11-12/21, I was delinquent with my payments Jan, Feb and Mar of 2022. The representative (who no longer is employed there) was rude, condescending and threatening - in the frustration of explaining and dealing with this moron - he reported me for endangerment to myself and the vehicle to the law dept for making a statement, made in frustration (I might as well drive off a cliff and I will have to secure the vehicle to make sure it didn't get repossessed). I cashed in a coin jar I had and used the $100+ to make the necessary payment - my account was placed in OnLine restriction and EVERY payment has had to be made via phone call.

In April/22, I was able bring my account current and asked when I would be able to resume access OnLine to make payments and see my financial statement (because since the rep made the report, I have not rec'd ANY information about balance owed, payments made) I was denied access and told that it would be restricted until I paid off the loan.... I think it's a bit exaggerated and excessive, esp that I've been making more than timely payments ahead of the monthly due date - if I were able to immed pay off or refinance - I would def do it, as to not have to deal with a company with such poor policies and procedures, most definitely in the current economically situation our country has been in the past 2.5 years. So for anyone who's looking for financing a vehicle - I'd look elsewhere - Ironically, I have other accounts with Cap One and have not had ANY negative issues.

Original review: June 7, 2022

I went to refinance my car with these people and they outsource their work to other countries so you can't understand the rep. Second they ask for proof of income, which I give, to be considered for a loan. Did that. I'm also a 100% disabled vet so I sent that. I proved to them I made the money I stated and now they want 2 more months of statements. One, when you buy a car and you show proof of income they only ask for one statement but now they want 2 more because the people that are determining your eligibility don't know what they are looking at.

I've been working to do what they wanted, and waiting for a answer. When I call their number which is automated it told me that I was approved, twice and now when I actually speak to a real person it's not approved. Talk about mixed signals. Anyway stay clear of a refinance with this company they will give you different answers all in the same call. I canceled my request for refi due to this becoming way too complicated.

Original review: May 27, 2022

Capital One prequalifies everybody, but when it comes down to proven your income they like to pick and choose. I’m a business owner who had to use their own personal account not their business account to show proof of income, even though I pay myself through my business through direct deposits they made a big deal about the whole situation. Look elsewhere. I would not recommend this bank.

Original review: May 26, 2022

I had an automobile accident back in February of this year. We agreed on a certain amount to pay off the vehicle. When I went back into my account it showed that I still had a balance on my car. Capital One said I still owed interest on a car that was supposed to be paid in full since the car was a total loss. I even called my insurance agent and she said that it shouldn't be a balance because it was paid. Then they tried to say that my guarantee was sent late which was why all the late fees accumulated. No sir/maam. Two thousand dollars of late fees for two months? That is outrageous. Capital one was dishonest. I wasn't notified of a balance until now. I have two auto loans that they receive money on on time. They wouldn't waive any fees since the incident wasn't my fault. Their interest rate is ridiculous. Very unhappy with them and I will never go through them again in the future.

Capital One Auto Financing author review by Emma Simon

Capital One Bank is a well-known financial institution that provides auto loans and financing for new and used cars. The company was founded in Richmond, VA in 1988.

• Low rates: Capital One can provide low rates for consumers with a good credit history. Get pre-qualified and know how much to spend.

• Low payments: The company can also negotiate low payments with Capital One Auto Finance specialists to help you lower your payments.

• Auto loan calculator: They provide an auto-loan calculator that allows borrowers to estimate monthly car payments for the total amount they need to finance. They also offer an auto learning center to learn about financing, loan extension and more.

• Wide network: They have a network of over 12,000 eligible dealers, in order to offer customers plenty of inventory and brand options.

• Variety of loan options: The company provides a huge range of auto loan options, whether buyers are purchasing used or new automobiles.

by Emma Simon ConsumerAffairs Research Team

As a member of the ConsumerAffairs research team, Emma Simon is dedicated to creating accurate and valuable content that helps consumers make difficult decisions.

Capital One Auto Financing Company Information