2. Finance
  3. Car Loans

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.80/5

Capital One Auto Financing Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Capital One Auto Financing?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Capital One Auto Financing?

Original review: Jan. 9, 2020

I purchased my brand new car in May 2014 and received financing, via the dealership, through Capital One Auto Financing. I paid my car off on 12/13/19, 9 months early. I received the lien release paperwork for my car from Capital One on 1/2/2020 and was successfully able to get the title transferred from Capital One, as the lienholder, to me at my local tag office. During the years I was making car payments, I never had an issue making payments on their website or any issues with Capital One postings payments. If I was to purchase a car again, I would consider Capital One Auto Financing because the process was seamless, for me, during the 5.5 years I had a relationship with them.

Original review: July 19, 2019

Financing through Capital One was so easy - I actually did it through their website over the phone - quickest and easiest I’ve ever done. I’ve recommended them to anyone I know who needs a better rate and great customer service.

Get buying tips about Auto Loans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 17, 2019

It was so easy to accept my loan and I found it so convenient to pay online monthly payment. I recommend this company to apply for when it come to car loan. A lot of other companies request an adjustment to the loan conditions but Capital One accepted it on my condition.

Original review: July 17, 2019

I have used Capital One numerous times for other credit services. When I purchased my new Toyota Tacoma, Capital One offered the best rate. You can’t go wrong with Capital One for any of your credit or financial needs!

Original review: July 12, 2019

Sick to my stomach, but it pays to have great credit though. I got a really good interest rate. I plan to pay off the balance in short order, until then the vehicle won’t be driven much till it’s mine.

Original review: June 29, 2020

So I had been told that Cap One Auto Financing was a bunch of crooks and never would make your payoff but this is ridiculous. My bank overnighted a cashier's check to them on 6/5/20, they received on 6/8/20, deposited the check on 6/9/20 and swear they didn't received it. I have all the backup. Now they are "researching it" and it will take 3-5 days. In the meantime they are charging me interest and late fees. Look at the reviews Folks -- DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THESE PEOPLE.

Original review: June 11, 2020

If I could give zero stars, I would. My husband and I are in the process of trying to purchase a house. He had ONE late payment that was his LAST and FINAL payment on his car loan. He paid it late due to losing his job to COVID. However, he still paid his car off IN FULL during a pandemic. He has had only two late payments in 5 years. This late payment is the only thing between us being able to purchase a house or not.

We have now lost $10,0000 because the office of the president has denied our request for a one-time courtesy as a loyal customer to help us so we don’t lose our money or our house. They claim to care and want to help their customers. Now, you have denied our final request without ANY explanation. We have lost our $10,000 deposit and don’t have a home because our current landlord signed a lease with someone else. All because you won’t write a letter. You absolutely are not looking out for us and our money during this time or any time for that matter.

Original review: May 2, 2020

I financed a 2017 Chevy Cruze in November 2019. Due to the fact that I have bad credit Cap One is the only lender that approved me with a 16.8% interest and took the offer since I was in desperate need of a car. Fast forward a couple months later, my payments get returned, none of my payments are going towards the principal, just the interest. I can't wait until my credit is better and can refinance with a credit union. I will never finance another car with capital one again.

Original review: April 22, 2020

I had this loan with them for over 4 years and I had some life issues happen to me and fell behind a few payments. I've called them and talked with a manager trying to work out something to help me get it current. I been making my payments every month I just can't get the few past payments caught up. I have a limited income and their option was a large amount up front to move one payment to the back or spread it over 3 months. If I had a large amount to give them I would have already sent that in. If they could just put one payment on the backside and spread the rest over the next 2 or 3 payments I could be all caught up.. They will not help me in that way at all and yes I've talked to a few different people there. They're not being reasonable for someone that has a budget to work within or very passionate towards their customers...

Original review: April 17, 2020

We received financing through them in 2018. We lost our jobs and immediately contacted them requesting if they would work with us and was told absolutely not. After 18 months of no missed or late payments, this refusal was a surprise. They repossessed the vehicle. After that they offered to work with us, now that extra charges have been accrued from the repossession. They informed us that the vehicle would be auctioned unless we made a good faith payment and then they would modify our loan. They put us through this for 3 months. They never once sent us a Intent to Sell letter which legally they are supposed to. Never notified us of time and place of said auctions, which again they are legally supposed to.

After many frustrated calls and 2 good faith payments and no documentation on their end to show that the payments had been applied we were finally able to get our vehicle back. We go to pick it up and find that damages had been done! Capital One did nothing about it. They have refused to send us a copy of the loan contract or any documentation in regards to this vehicle. Very unprofessional and bad news. I wouldn't recommend them to anyone.

Capital One Auto Financing author review by Lauren Fix

Capital One Bank is a well-known financial institution that provides auto loans and financing for new and used cars. The company was founded in Richmond, VA in 1988.

• Low rates: Capital One can provide low rates for consumers with a good credit history. Get pre-qualified and know how much to spend.

• Low payments: The company can also negotiate low payments with Capital One Auto Finance specialists to help you lower your payments.

• Auto loan calculator: They provide an auto-loan calculator that allows borrowers to estimate monthly car payments for the total amount they need to finance. They also offer an auto learning center to learn about financing, loan extension and more.

• Wide network: They have a network of over 12,000 eligible dealers, in order to offer customers plenty of inventory and brand options.

• Variety of loan options: The company provides a huge range of auto loan options, whether buyers are purchasing used or new automobiles.

by Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

Capital One Auto Financing Company Information