Compare Auto Loan Rates

Compare Auto Loan Rates

Apply Today and Save - Lower Your Rates

Compare Rates

Capital One Auto Financing Reviews

Original review: June 4, 2019

I was pre approved for a car loan and decided to take it to my dealership where I work. It was simple and quick. I have been making above my payments as well and paying extra on my principal to pay my loan off early. I haven’t had any issues with Capital One at all. I have 2 credit cards with them and I’m building my credit pretty quickly. It sucks for the bad reviews Capital One is getting but I’m giving a 5 as to they are doing wonderful in my eyes! You will have my business for life!

Original review: April 19, 2019

After reading all the negative complaints, it seems like there is one underlying theme....either poor credit or not paying the loan on time. Everyone faced adversity from time to time, but if you don't communicate that early, they just can't help you. I refinanced through them and got a much lower rate and actually just paid my car off... early! There are several ways to pay a car loan, but if you're trying to pay it with a credit card, that's a bad idea all around. I had it drafted out of my bank account and have never had any issues with them. If I ever buy another car, I plan to use them to finance that loan.

Get expert buying tips about Auto Loans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 6, 2019

The majority of the complaints here are just rubbish besides the ones that paid off their loans and had to wait for the titles. I refinanced with them at received a much better rate that saves me $164 per month, I have cards with them also never had an issue. My refinance transaction went smooth and was set in stone within a couple of days maybe because I was already a customer. As far paying your loan with a credit card well yes you can. I do it every month. You must download the Capital One app on your device and when you go to make a payment there's an option to have it drafted from your bank account OR be redirected to the CheckFree website.

On the CheckFree website you can make a payment but there's a $3.50 fee and the payment posts that day or the next business day. You can also add your Capital One loan account to your bank account online and send a payment that way. As far as hardships I had one so didn't pay for 3 months then paid it off, they have a second chance program per se. Since then I've been able to get another Capital One cc and pre qualified for another auto loan with the option of keeping or trading in my current vehicle even though I already have a loan with them. Despite all of this I still can't get a CLI on my first card but I'm not complaining. People need to stop leaving unnecessary reviews.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

I don’t know why there are so many negative reviews about Capital One Auto. I’ve had a great experience with them. I pay on time, or early, and I pay a little extra too. And contrary to what others have said, YOU CAN USE A DEBIT CARD!!! That’s how I’ve been doing it for the 2.5 years I’ve had my loan with them. So, like any lender, you have a contractual agreement with them. If you live up to your end of the bargain and pay like you’re supposed to, you won’t have anything to worry about.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2018

I have been with Capital One for years and never had any kind of issue with anything. I recently bought a Car but had to go with Wells Fargo because that's the Institution they used. Well, Wells Fargo charged me way high Interest because of an old collection from DirecTV which was actually a cancellation Fee I refused to pay because they kept overcharging me for monthly payments. Anyway, as soon as I got my first statement from Wells Fargo I called Capital One to refinance and they have been amazing. They were fast did everything for me. Cut my interest rate in half and my monthly payments are down. Thanks, Capital One. As always you are a lifesaver.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Capital One Auto Financing?

Original review: Oct. 3, 2019

I have spent weeks and attempting to have my title sent to Forsyth County Georgia License Tag Department. In addition, each time I call, I have spent over an hour on hold. I am now incurring penalty fees because I am unable to register my car. Finally, my financial information was exposed due to Capital One being hacked.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2019

I was involved in a collision, caused by another driver rear ending me. I called the other driver’s insurance to report the claim. They accepted responsibility and offered a settlement for my vehicle, because my car was deemed a total loss. State Farm said they couldn’t pay anything out to Capital One until they received a letter of guarantee from them. Capital One sent the letter of guarantee to the wrong fax number, so State Farm contacted them and gave them the correct fax number and still a week later no letter of guarantee has been sent. Meanwhile I’m paying interest on my car daily. I asked Capital One why I was being penalized for their negligence and they started blaming State Farm. Not to mention they still haven’t applied an $1,100 check that was sent to them for my vehicle. I will never do business with Capital One again. They are incompetent and it costs the consumer money.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2019

Accidentally overpaid 2 months. Called me non stop 6 months saying I was late a month. Then I actually got behind, will not give me extension offer one did not inform me that I had to pay specific amount thinking the extension went through. BAD STAFF. SAD $CAM. God bless driver jobs Uber, Lyft, I don't know how I got approved for a loan that high yet could not get a loan for 5000$ for used safe car. ONE BIG SCAM.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2019

I've been with Capital One Auto since 2015. Car will be paid off in another 3-4 months. I managed for 3 1/2 years to pay my payments on time until recently falling behind. I called. Spoke with a representative and arranged for an automatic payment to be debited from my checking account only to find out a week later the payment has not been debited and threatening voicemails left they are moving forward in the matter.

When I called back I was told by (smart mouth representative) that I was advised that I had to call back and make the payment with a debit card and that's why the payment wasn't deducted. I was never told that before, in fact I've NEVER!!! made a payment to COA with a debit card. Always my checking acct. So my question to the supervisor "So out of all of the repetitive messages left for me the past 3 days of stating COA is moving forward in the matter, do you think one of the calls could have been that we are calling regarding your recent payment"???

Original review: Sept. 4, 2019

I used my Cap1 app and paid off my loan. It said I owed 2660.61 so I paid that and fully expected to see a zero balance the following day. Nope. Apparently because I didn't designate it to the payoff department they just split it to a monthly payment and then the balance and charged more interest and now want another r170.00. Who knows if I pay that off where they will add more fees and keep my title. I will be looking for a different company to refinance my new car, paying off both credit cards and ending my relationship with Cap1. Pissed off in Az.

Capital One Auto Financing expert review by Lauren Fix

Capital One Bank is a well-known financial institution that provides auto loans and financing for new and used cars. The company was founded in Richmond, VA in 1988.

• Low rates: Capital One can provide low rates for consumers with a good credit history. Get pre-qualified and know how much to spend.

• Low payments: The company can also negotiate low payments with Capital One Auto Finance specialists to help you lower your payments.

• Auto loan calculator: They provide an auto-loan calculator that allows borrowers to estimate monthly car payments for the total amount they need to finance. They also offer an auto learning center to learn about financing, loan extension and more.

• Wide network: They have a network of over 12,000 eligible dealers, in order to offer customers plenty of inventory and brand options.

• Variety of loan options: The company provides a huge range of auto loan options, whether buyers are purchasing used or new automobiles.

• Best for: Customers with good credit ratings who want the best deal on auto loans.

Profile picture of Lauren Fix
Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

Capital One Auto Financing Company Information