1.59/5

Auto Warranty Expired?

175 Capital One Auto Financing Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

I am puzzled how there is no way to contact Capital One Auto Finance through email UNLESS you are trying to apply for the initial loan through them... in which case you can use comment@capitalone.com. Otherwise, you have to call the 1-800-946-0332 number and of course today a person that speaks in a low and barely audible tone will tell you the system is down for software updates (MIDDLE OF A WORK DAY at that) and to try back in one or two hours... every one or two hours the same message. But again system up and running to submit an application with their outrageous set in stone fixed APR. You never can speak with a person or get the quality interaction they are paid to provided to a consumer period. Knowing is power so I know never again will I go through them for a car loan because I need to be able to converse with actual people... and ones who can guide me to answers I seek at that.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

I've always made my payments online but in May 2018 I was locked out of my account (I was behind on payments) and the system asked for my account number in order to reset the password which I did not have. All communication from them only list the last 4 digits of the account number. I emailed asking for the account number and they replied I must call. I responded I've been off work on disability since March due to a lung infection which makes it difficult to speak. They still refused to send it, I finally called in June to make payment and the person kept asking me to repeat myself because she couldn't understand me.

I forgot to ask for the account number and they didn't offer. I didn't make a payment in July but tried to make 2 payments in August and again they refused to accommodate my disability by not sending the account number and forcing me to call. And again the guy kept asking me to repeat myself because he couldn't understand me. This is a violation of the ADA act 1990- The ADA defines an "individual with a disability" as a person who has a physical or mental impairment that substantially limits one or more major life activities, has a record of such an impairment, or is regarded as having such an impairment.

Get expert buying tips about Auto Loans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

I went through the "pre approval" process when I got to the dealership. Capital One wanted 5k down and a APR of 15%. The very next lender I went to single digit APR and no money down. Are the dealerships get a kickback from getting people to sign these egregious terms? Makes one wonder, I would NEVER recommend them to anyone.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

Do not trust this company. Predatory lender. Throughout a 6 year loan I disputed the amount owed several times and repeatedly requested a payment history from them - never received one. Finally made it to the end of the loan. $2,000 to pay. They asked if I wanted to pay off less to settle the acct. I said, “No of course not, I will pay the full $2,000”... and did in 3 payments. Sure enough - I just saw this on my credit report that it was charged off and $1,200 is owed. I called Capital One and the young lady said she could put in a dispute but she couldn't promise Cap One would change it. I asked to speak to a supervisor and waited for 20 min before I just gave up. I would love to be part of a class action suit against these folks.

Original review: July 26, 2018

About four years ago I applied for a loan through a Dealership to finance a 2014 Hyundai Tucson. I had no prior knowledge of Capital One auto finance but was pleased with their generous interest rate with me having credit score 680. A couple years later my daughter was accepted into the top nursing school in the country at just age 19. We were thrilled but knew that we would be facing substantial expenses for her education. The books and uniforms alone were $3000.00 We managed well for a while but fell behind at certain times. I responded to a call from Capital One finance department with fear of facing aggressive language demanding immediate payment. Instead, as I outlined my reasons for the financial strain, what I was met with was compassion and understanding.

The agent listened to my reasons and was very supportive. He said, "Capital One is committed to our customers and we are going to lower your interest rate so that you have more money to put towards your child’s education." I was left breathless, I could not believe it, but that is exactly what this amazing company did. My daughter graduated on May 1, 2018 summā cum laude and passed her state board registered nursing exam on July 6, 2018 all thanks to Capital One who did indeed finance her education. Thank you Capital One!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Capital One Auto Financing?

Original review: July 17, 2018

I am not one to trust big corporate companies. I feel they are out to milk you and such. I have called other companies (which I will not mention here), and the poor service and rudeness is just appalling. Capital One has helped me and my family through my darkest days financially. Never had a problem with my credit card, nor my auto loan which they gave me a chance when everyone else closed their doors on me because of my credit score. Thanks to Capital One my credit repair has been a successful journey for me and my family. Everyone has their individual experience, I respect that, and do empathize with all sad situations. Perhaps I was an exception or just plain luck, but I appreciate them especially the beautiful flowers they sent me when I changed my address. That was CS at its best???

Original review: July 11, 2018

I had a major car accident in May 2018 and my car was a total loss. So I was shopping for cars online while the insurance and gap was settling on my car. I came along Capital One Auto Financing. So I called them they made it sound so easy. So I got pre-qualified. I knew was not going to purchase another new car because I realized on this wreck how much cars depreciate once you drive off the lot. But on the navigator I learned the later model car and lower the mile better rate you get.

So once my other car got paid off I went shopping and I come across a great deal at Southwest KIA in RR and the process was so simple. I gave them my DL and insurance. They ran my credit and they naturally want to put me with other lenders. I asked them would they run my credit again they said yes. I said NO. "Are my payments what we agreed on this 2018 KIA Forte of 3300 miles?" They said yes. "I will take it." I went back to the finance guy signed the papers. They cleaned up the car filled it with gas and I drove away. A very happy customer.

Original review: July 4, 2018

I went for Capital One Auto because Credit karma recommended it. Very bad advice! This company has poor customer service. I had to call them about twenty times to resolve an issue about payment not posted correctly. The wait was very long. The reps were very incompetent, trotting out lies to cover up their incompetence. I talked to the so-called President office resolution specialists. They offered me fake apologies and refused to make up for their poor customer service. I wasted about five hours in phone calls and made about 20 calls.

Some of the reps in the so called President office like Lorraine and Viejo and another liar, Pasha, were plain condescending and treated me as a nuisance. They refused to connect me to the President so that I can bring the issues to his attention. All in all, very poor customer service and I advise potential customers to avoid this company. They have no respect and consideration for customers. The employees only care about their paychecks- they are shameless mercenaries. I regret taking a car loan there. I want to pay up and be done with them as soon as possible. Shame on Credit Karma for misleading customers.

Original review: June 29, 2018

I filled out extension paperwork and faxed it to number on paperwork. It was approved over phone. I then get calls saying my payment is late. I explain extension and they say they did not get paperwork. I resend. Got verbal approval it was received. In my credit report says I’m late for past 6 months. They failed to log my extension again. They are ruining my credit. I will never use them again. Complaints on this extension issue are high in volume.

Original review: June 6, 2018

Rude and inexperience customer service - A lady called Martha, employ id. ** (as per she provide me) she received my call and I asked her about my certified title to fax it to the NY. At the first she said NY MVD cannot accept the fax but the thing is I have been to MVD a day before and they told me to fax my documents to the fax no. After my few questions she told me it's already fax. When I asked for the confirmation numbers she said she don't have it, after big b-a-n-g sounds the phone is hanged off.

Original review: May 27, 2018

I would like to begin this 'review', by thanking Capital One. Back in September of 2017, I was in a bit of a difficult situation. I had lost my wonderful mother a few months prior, and well, life was difficult. (I still miss her greatly) I was all alone and without my safety net; that is difficult to acknowledge, as I am now 39 years old. I had let my credit take a dive, over the past few years -- I didn't need it - I had Mom. That was all gone, and Capital One was there for me. I opened a secured credit card with them in I believe, June of 2017. I purchased my Mom's vehicle in September of 2016, and I was fixing something on it, every single month. Every single month!

Fast forward to September of 2017, and my alternator was shot. I could spend another $500 on this dang car, or try and trade it in, and get something more reliable. I did my due diligence and found that Capital One offered pre-qualified loans, without a hard pull on my credit. (I had been frantically trying to improve my credit score - still am) To my surprise, I was pre-approved with a credit score under 550. I was fortunate enough to find a reliable vehicle, and could afford the monthly payments. Nobody else would touch me and my credit profile, other than buy here pay here places, and I didn't have the required down payment or the 8 contact information, they required. I am considering a new vehicle, and was just approved for a loan amount of 34k. My credit score is improving, and I owe a lot of that to Capital One.

I've read through several pages of comments on here; and for those that have had hardships in life - I am so very sorry. I'm truly am. Having said that - this is a bank. They have an obligation to not only their shareholders, but also their employees. The person(s) you spoke with on the phone, also has financial obligations and people they are responsible for. That in no way diminishes your troubles, but, perspective is needed. I am in no way affiliated with Capital One; this was my honest opinion, and in no way seeks to diminish the BS, some customers have encountered. They took a chance on me, during my darkest hour - - and for that, I am forever grateful.

Original review: May 18, 2018

I am 65 and disabled and live alone. I purchased a vehicle from Capital One Auto Oct 2016 (1 1/2 years ago). I paid about $7,500 dollars for it. The interest rate was 19.5%. They added a warranty to it $2,500 dollars. They said it was for 2 years. They failed to mention after 2 years and warranty was out I had to still pay for warranty for the next 3 years but had no warranty. I estimated the warranty was going to be about $43 dollars a month for the 3 years with no warranty. I estimated the cost to be about $4,300 dollars for nothing. I purchased this car online and they delivered it. There was no one to go over loan.

After I purchased it I called about refinancing. They informed me they didn’t refinance their loans. This $7,500 car was going to cost about $18,000 dollars. The only way out was to trade it in. They said that would be no problem if current. 1 and a 1/2 years later last week (May 11, 2018) I need to trade my vehicle for medical problems. I need something to get in and out of easily. They turned me down for a loan and over the last 18 months since I purchased the car I was never late or missed a payment. I paid about $8 dollars a month extra each month, I just round off the payment.

After they turned down loan I went to dealer, one of their dealers, to trade it in. Capital One turned that loan down also. This is their original loan but they said I was to upside down for them to trade. My car was worth about $3,500 to &4,000 dollars. My payoff was $9,300 dollars. I was shocked when I found all this out. How can you be upside down over $5,000 dollars in 18 months. I had to have a vehicle so I was going to pay $3,000 dollars down to help offset the negative equity. Capital One still would not trade for me. They seen where they were going to make a lot of money and the dealer I purchased it from made the same amount of money. This is about as unfair and unethical as you can be.

If this is not Elderly exploitation and coercion and predator lending I don’t know what is. I had to purchased a vehicle so I had to finance another at a higher interest rate because I owned a car. I am now out $3,000 and I still have my car. Being disabled you only get so much and you have to make it. This will hurt bad. This should be extortion and illegal and there should be some agency to help. The govt now just passes it to someone else. If anyone has a solution please let me know.

Original review: April 26, 2018

Capital One auto navigator is nothing more than a scam between themselves and the less than trustworthy car dealerships that they only allow you to purchase your car from. I live in the Greenville, TX and purchased my car from Baker Nissan in Houston TX (a 4 hour drive) because that was the closest dealer that had the car I wanted. All negotiation was over the phone and to be put in writing and FedEx told me to sign. Josh the finance manager insisted that I get the extended service warranty. Of course that was something I knew needed to have. Therefore, I only had one question. Will I be able to take my car to a Mercedes dealer for service? Josh assured me that I would be able to take my car anywhere and use the service agreement. BIG LIE as when it came time to take my car to be serviced I was told I could only use the service agreement at Baker Nissan in Houston TX (a 4 hour drive).

I called Baker Nissan and was informed that Josh no longer worked there. The new manager Mike expressed how sorry he was and how unfair that was for Josh to “mis-inform me”. Nice word for lie. Mike also promised to look into this and get back with me. He never returned “any” of my call nor after calling for almost 1 week neither did the manager of Baker Nissan or the owner Mr Baker himself returned any of my calls.

My next move was to call Capital One and let them handle the situation, after all this was a dealer they recommend. I informed them of what had happen and they too were sorry and agreed that it was unfair and would have someone get back with me. I received one call from Brandy to inform me that she was working on the situation. Never heard back from her until me having to leave several messages. When I finally did hear back from her she informed me that I should keep calling Baker Nissan. This all started almost a month ago. As of today after leaving my final message with Baker Nissan receptionist, that I would be driving to Houston to talk to some if no one was going to return my call, that got me a call back from Amanda as well as her manager Memories (who both were helpful has they could possibly be) apologizing that I was mislead (lied to) that they would cancel the warranty agreement. However, that I would not be receiving any money paid into the warranty. Instead it would go to Capital One.

The warranty was right at $700. However, the payout as of today, since it has been almost over a year, is a little over $400. Keep in mind I never used the warranty! Today (right at a month later) I received a call back from Ms Capital One herself wanting to know if I had heard back from Mike with Baker Nissan and had everything been taken care of… Blank stare at the phone while thanking God for growth in the cursing area. I will be refinancing soon & paying off my Capital One card! Capital One gets a BIG FAT 0 from me and Baker Nissan gets less than that!

Original review: April 22, 2018

I'm going to tell you of a great company with great employees and they have great customer service. You never be disappointed in this company and get a new or used car and get a credit card that will help build up your credit score so one day you can buy more than a dream car. And a credit card make sure you keep paying on time. Use your credit card in emergency. And that hat you cannot go home without it. This company gets all of them star from me because it's hard being the BEST.

Original review: April 21, 2018

I am very disappointed with Capital One unethical lending practices. I contacted Capital One Auto finance back in Feb 2018 to give them information on someone who I knew that used fake or Manufactured paystubs in order to obtain a second auto loan on a $10.00 hr salary. I informed the fraud unit that this person provided the dealership with paystubs that stated they make $20.00 hr, When they only make $10.00 hr. Obviously, the dealership nor Capital One verified the salary or this wouldn't have gotten pass. I didn't ask Capital One for any info on this person, as I gave them all of the information, including the person's name, their address, employer, dealership where they went, and the date of the loan. How did I know all of this, because l lend the person the down payment contingent on getting approved. Little did I know, that the person was going to inflate their salary to ensure that they got the loan approval.

Capital One only had to call the employer and verify the salary if they wanted to do something about this, yet they were asking me for proof. WOW, I'm lost! Since when do you need proof to follow up on a tip about fraud. They had nothing to lose by verification of the salary, which is what they should have done in the first place. This has put a very bad taste in my mouth about Capital One. They only care about providing loans, regardless of how unethical it is. What agency can do something about this? They are providing loans based on false information and I thought this was illegal. Can you imagine how many other times they have allowed this, and people have defaulted on the loans! Guess who will end up paying for this in the long run, Consumers like you and myself. This is the same thing that happened with the Housing market bubble burst.

Updated on 06/13/2018: I have written a review on Capital One site as well. As a result, I was contacted by a representative through Email. She informed me that my information was being forwarded to the Office of the President and that someone would call me for more information about my complaint. On May 4, 2018, which was a Friday I missed a call from the office of the President, but received a voicemail from a particular representative asking me to return the call. However, it wasn't until Monday May 7 that I spoke to the representative.

Upon speaking to this representative, she had no idea who I was, what I was calling about nor did she have any information about the review, even though she called me and I was returning her call. Then she asked me to verify my account, although I wasn't even calling about my account. Since I am also a Capital One customer as well, I complied with her request. At that point, she told me that she couldn't give me any information on someone else account, and then blatantly lied to me telling me that she couldn't verify my account either. At that point, I explained to her that I didn't ask her for any information on someone else account and I thought she was calling me for more information about my complaint, as I received a email stating that I would receive such a call.

Then I questioned, how is it she couldn't verify my account when the # that I was calling from is the same # that is connected to my account and the same # that was provided in the email for my contact information. As a result I requested to speak to a manager, which was granted. However, she just tried to clean it up and claim that the representative failure verify my account was a misunderstanding. I was still lost because my account had nothing to do with it at all. That was just me trying to be cooperative. What a mess! Nothing solved and still nothing done about the situation.

I am still at a loss as to how Capitol One verifies some people jobs and income who has a good credit score, but doesn't verify someone job and income who has a low credit score a open car loan and falsify their income. Then ignores it when brought to their attention. Sounds very Unethical, Unfair and Discriminatory to me. They continue to grow their business by practicing such bad behavior. I also don't understand why there is no agency that can step in and stop them from doing this. No one is going to do anything about this until it hits the fan and we are in a auto loan crisis like the one with the Housing market. Everyone will pay more because of high interest rates and then Banks will be denying anyone who has less than perfect credit. SAD!!!

Original review: April 20, 2018

Due to recently finding my birth father I legally changed my last name to match his, of course, my wife and children as well. I sent Capital One my new drivers license, my wife's new drivers license, my new Social Security card and that of my wife's, my court order for me (the court would not issue a court order for my wife as she was not changing her birth certificate) as well as the official change of name from North Carolina DMV on the lien record as well as the title name change. I spoke with Capital Ones' dept of titles, to get them to change my name. They agreed to change my last name but would not change my wife's because they did not have a court order. After explaining to them the court would not issue a court order. They stated they would not change her last name despite being in possession of the documents above.

This escalated supposedly as I was told to the last person in the dept. who stated well, after I paid off the vehicle I could do with the title what I wanted. One stated I could get my wife to change her birth certificate, and I told all three at some point common sense had to prevail, Unfortunately it did not. The last individual stated there was no one I could talk to. That he was the last one in his department. I told him, so essentially they were going to be stuck with technically a non-existent person on the title as my wife has already legally changed her name. Really, is this what has happened? That NO COMMON SENSE EXISTS?

Original review: April 10, 2018

I had a car that was paid off and then I had a loan to provide my wife a car to drive and a loan to provide our son with a car to drive. Then I found a vehicle that was exceptional at a dealership and no one I called would allow me to have three car loans. So the dealership told me that they could get the vehicle financed for me through Capital One Auto Finance, so I said OK. Then they came to me and told me that Capital One would be charging me 17.9% interest on the loan.

I had been looking for this Special Edition vehicle for quite some time and I went ahead and said YES. The car I bought cost me $16,000, and then the dealership said that I would get a better interest rate if I bought an extended warranty program from them. I knew better, but on a used car it did not seem like such a bad idea. I paid 472.00 a month for that vehicle for 4 1/2 years. The total I paid them was over $19,900, and they told me I still had a payoff of $12,800. Now I am not brilliant but that adds up to over $32,000 over the term of the note.

I don't care what type of accounting method you use to calculate your payments, NO ONE ON EARTH IS ENTITLED TO 100% interest on a note in the US. I asked them to refinance the balance for me to make it more affordable and they simply told me they don't accept a vehicle over 7 years old as collateral. So I told them to come and get the darn thing and they had the audacity to advise me they would sell it at auction and I would owe them a deficiency balance. YEAH RIGHT!!! It will be cold day you-know-where when they ever get another dime out of me!!!

Original review: March 15, 2018

I see Capital One Auto Financing on my credit reports 3 times in 2 years. Never played with them so need to do something to fix it. Call them, they do nothing, they just say they don't see me on their system and they ignore you after that. Need a call. That's identity theft on them.

Original review: March 10, 2018

I was contact by several people who called and harassed me on a daily basis. They were not aware that I knew consumer laws very well. I ask them to validate their claim of ownership by submitting full disclosure of the contract, true bill in commerce and a sworn statement from the man or woman who have authority to bind Capital One auto finance in the alleged contract. I am still waiting for the proof of claim.

Original review: March 6, 2018

I would like to share my horrible experience with this company and with their incompetent agents or the so called managers Desiree ** and Meredith **. All things were going well, until I paid off my loan. So when I moved to a different state, I registered my car and since at that time, Capital One was my lien holder, the state mailed my title to them. Then, when I paid off my loan, they lost my title and titled it again in a different state without my knowledge. I never received the physical copy of the title which they lost and the other state where they released my title held it electronically...

When again, I went to my current state to renew the stickers and registration, I was informed my title was held in different state and that they need the physical copy of the previous last year title which they mailed to my then lien holder Capital One. With lot of trouble and not able to drive my car for several days and numerous phone call, Desiree found my lost title which they earlier claimed was mailed to me (straight lying). After this, I had to apply for a certified copy of the title from the state where Capital One titled my car.

When, I received all the documents, my current state had to do the whole process of registration again with issuing new license plate, and I had to pay the whole fee again, since now I had an out of state title. With all this, now when I am asking them to reimburse the amount which I should not be paying again, they are denying any fault at their end and are not ready to reimburse. This company does not care about its consumers, once the loan is paid they care least. Poor management and the staff does not do any research and just waste time in talking over phone. They will call and talk but will not resolve the issue. They are dishonest and show no empathy and concern for their customers.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2018

Hi all. I just wanted to share my Capital One repo experience. Car was behind very behind 4 months and it was my fault, but I was also paying off a judgement Capital One had just placed against me for $2700 and I chose to pay off the judgement and let car loan get behind. I did let Capital One know and I relocated thinking I would have time to catch up. Well they found me quickly in the state I moved to and on 2/14/18 they sent the tow truck. I was at work and my family got all my belongings out the car, and then I had a decision to make. I owed $2538 and payday was on Friday so do I just let them take my car? Or use the money to buy a trap car? File a chapter 7 which I’ve done in the past?

Long story I know but I ended up calling the next day and Doris the rep was awesome. She put the $375 repo fee and the $160 late fees to the end of my loan and they told the buggers at the repo storage facility they could charge no more than $35/day and I really appreciated that they did those things 'cause I would’ve had to pay close to $3000 to get my car back. So I paid them Friday out. Chase account release letter was sent and I got my Hugo back, and I felt just as proud driving from that repo lot as the day I drove my car off the lot. Thank you Capital One and God bless you Doris.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

My sister passed away almost 2 months ago. I have been trying to get in contact with someone from Capital One Auto Finance to inform them of the situation, I want to return the car to the finance company since no one in the family needs the car. The only answers that I was given was that I "need to contact the Estate Department" and give them the information. I have called that number several times only to be told that the department is not open yet. How can you not be open at 2:00 pm?? I am promised each time I call that a "supervisor" will call me back. It has been 22 days and I'm still waiting. Do NOT do business with this company!!

Original review: Feb. 4, 2018

I got a loan for a 2015 Hyundai through Capital One. No problem. Made payments on time. I also have a Capital One credit card with a 5000 dollar limit. Always pay on time on that card that I have had for six years. My other cards are all on time. I make 12000 more dollars last year than I did in 2016. That's 43000 a year. Tried to get another loan and trade in this car for a newer one. This time they denied me. Won't tell me why until I get a letter in 7 to 10 days. Way to go Capital One on keeping good customers. I'll get it done with another company and cut your card in half. You lost a good one not that you seem to care.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

My vehicle broke down & didn't have money to buy one outright. My credit score isn't the best due to never owning a credit card. I've always paid cash because I feel if you don't have the money then maybe you shouldn't buy it. So, I needed a car loan. Capital One is horrible. I'm a single mother with 2 kids & my loan is 24.45% interest on a 1999 Ford Escape. I'm paying $18,000 for a truck that isn't even worth $10,000. I have never missed a payment in 3 yrs. My payments are $298/month & I still owe almost $8,000. No one will refinance my truck because the loan is way more than what it's worth. Thanks CAPITAL ONE!!! How do you sleep at night?

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

I put in online with Capital One, went to Hertz, picked out my car. I have requested my account to be set up numerous time but they have not done so. I receive a letter saying, "Update your address with the credit bureaus." Ok. So I attempt to email them with the address provided on their own form and it comes back a bad email address. They won't speak with you on the phone, won't reply to comments, email, other than call us. What do you gotta do to get your account set up. I work for the county. I have a decent job. What's the issue Capital One.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

I have 2 Capital One credit cards and decided to do their auto loan financing. I took the pre-approval to the dealer and walked away with the car about an hour later. It was very simple and at a good interest rate.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2018

My grandfather put my 2007 Honda Civic in his name. I’m making payments on a vehicle I cannot drive due to an error on the title Utah nor Ohio will tag this car so fix it. I’ve contacted you numerous times and Utah BMV as well as Ohio if I’m making a payment on a vehicle that just sets in my driveway that I cannot drive! BECAUSE OF SOMEBODY'S LACK OF DOING THEIR JOB YOU CAN TAKE THE VEHICLE BACK!!! And speak with my attorney. This is you or the dealer’s mistake. Not mine nor my grandfather. And if this issue does not get resolved in a timely manner not only will I report your business to the Better Business Bureau I’m going to sue this absolutely ridiculous going around in circles. Do your job fix it. Thank you and have a blessed day.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

I was looking for a new or lower mileage, newer used car. Capital One just happened to come up in my search (I've had their credit cards for years). Now, keeping in mind what Capital One is about, they service people with "not the greatest credit". So there are a lot of reviews here from people who got in over their head. My experience, the application process was very easy. I was looking for a Ford, which I could have bought new on their employee purchase plan... but Ford credit turned me down. Capital One's interest rates vary by the vehicle, and amount borrowed.

I actually lowered my interest rate quite a bit by paying $300 more down ($2000 vs $1700). I'm right around 7% interest, I had the dealer run their banks, Capital One was still the lowest of 4 lenders. I have a 3 year old Ford van with 17,500 miles on it. Close enough to new, at half the price of new. I say, give them a shot. However, know your limitations, what you can afford and your employment stability. I see a lot of reviews complaining how their car was repossessed when they quit paying. Yep, that's how it works with any bank.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2017

I am very surprised at how low Capital One Auto Finance is rated. I have been with Capital One about 2 years now. I have 3 cards with them and got a Auto loan with a very low interest rate. After filling bankruptcy I was given a chance by Capital One. I have never missed a payment. Never had any problem with customer service. They have outstanding. Would highly recommend them to anyone.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

So I bought a 2011 Toyota Camry back in 2012. Payments were for the most part on time but at one point after a job loss we fell behind. Like others who wrote reviews I too kept in contact asking for extensions, in which they take a couple of payments and put them at the end of the loan, but each time I was denied! Well this past August I woke one morning to find my car "missing"... after calling the local PD I found out it was REPOSSESSED! If that's not bad enough it was by a company 60 miles away who ONLY allows you 4 hrs a day window to get down there to claim it!

Anyway, I called Cap One to ask WHY and according to them we were 4 payments behind which I couldn't understand. I must've lost count somewhere (???). After 2 days of going back and forth they finally agreed to take ONLY the back payments and put all fees for repo and late fees at back of loan! (Yea NOW you want to do that! SMH!) So we get the car back on Sept 1st NOT without damage and a broken license plate... only to have it get totalled in an accident on Oct 31st! Guess I should have left it at the repo yard!!! In all honesty it worked out because he got good money from insurance and it paid off loan and got him a new ride out of mommy's name! Below is his new car NOT financed through Cap One!

Capital One Auto Financing expert review by Lauren Fix

Capital One Bank is a well-known financial institution that provides auto loans and financing for new and used cars. The company was founded in Richmond, VA in 1988.

• Low rates: Capital One can provide low rates for consumers with a good credit history. Get pre-qualified and know how much to spend.

• Low payments: The company can also negotiate low payments with Capital One Auto Finance specialists to help you lower your payments.

• Auto loan calculator: They provide an auto-loan calculator that allows borrowers to estimate monthly car payments for the total amount they need to finance. They also offer an auto learning center to learn about financing, loan extension and more.

• Wide network: They have a network of over 12,000 eligible dealers, in order to offer customers plenty of inventory and brand options.

• Variety of loan options: The company provides a huge range of auto loan options, whether buyers are purchasing used or new automobiles.

• Best for: Customers with good credit ratings who want the best deal on auto loans.

Profile picture of Lauren Fix
    Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

Capital One Auto Financing Company Information