Bank of America

We are official Bank of America reps, here to help, listen & learn from our customers.

Compare Banks & Credit Unions

Research top Banks & Credit Unions recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I live in the LA and at the moment I pretty much living paycheck to paycheck. It's frustrating I don't do direct deposit because they charge me for it which is ridiculous already. I hate how long it takes to clear a check. I deposit at the ATM because with my schedule the banks are not open when I go in and get out of work. I deposit it on Friday and I only get a credit of 100 dollars or 200 and for the rest of my money I have to wait 'till Tuesday or Wednesday the latest. It's pathetic. And I tried that mobile checking and it takes a whole day to clear. I've had other banks that did it right away before (I didn't like that those other banks were easy to get hacked or something that's why I changed to Bank of America). It's crazy how they charge for almost everything and they take forever to give you your money.

Bank of America robs people completely BLIND! I wish this site had rating button equal to 0 stars for "IT SUCKS!" This bank is the devil's abyss! They excessively charge fees and are obsessed with keeping the bank rich while their customers stay poor simply trying to keep their accounts intact. No surprise they keep getting sued. They reorganize transactions by dollar amount instead of the order that the transactions hit the account. I tend to find from experience that if you're ** and have under $1,000 in your account, they treat you like CRAP!! One day last year in July, I had a check deposit for about $38,000. So... if you have the money, you're NOW "Mr." or "Mrs." or "Miss." I was still scrutinized at the Teller, me being **, and having that much funds (was some of my 401k monies) was asked to show driver's license, debit card, and a third form of I.D.

I was appalled. As I think back today to that occurrence, I should have asked for the $38,000 in all $1s just to give the Teller a hard time. I asked, "Was all of that necessary?" The Teller commented that she wanted to be sure it was me. REALLY??? I'm standing in front of you, you're looking directly IN MY FACE, you have my driver's license, my debit card, a bill with my name on it. What else do I need to do give blood? I then realized, NO... you have just been discriminated against!!! Put your things back in your purse, demand the rest of your IDs back and take your large check to another bank!! Another Teller then stepped in to assist me (so I wouldn't leave). After 30 minutes or so, I had the money (I EARNED BY HARD WORK FROM MY FULL-TIME JOB)!! I absolutely HATE this bank!!! I am considering leaving and going to Wells Fargo or BB&T!!

I have my bank card connected to a card to be used at a convenience store to get .10 off per gallon of gas. It hadn't come out of my account and when it did I was overdrawn. One was for $6 and the second was for $7. For each transaction, I was charged $35. So for a mistake of $13 I have to pay $70. I was told by customer service that if you are over $.01 then you will be charged $35. That is ridiculous!!! There should be a limit as to these fees. I tried to get them refunded but was told no. So much for customer service...at least I'm not traveling on United Airlines....I guess I would have been dragged off!!!

Their customer service is the worst. My account has been compromised twice. This last time someone broke into my account and changed passwords. Called and called and got the run around via their series of rerouting my calls. Finally got put on hold with a supposed 10 minute wait which turned out to be over a 30 minute wait. All the while, my account is compromised and I cannot log in. WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER. WORST BANK EVER!

I receive wires regularly from my Broker. On Thursday I was set to receive a wire that never appeared in my account. I called my broker and they gave me the confirmation # and surely it was sent on Thurs. Spoke with Bank of America on Friday off and on for 8 hours to get to the bottom of it. Long story short, "We have placed a hold on it for a review and there is no timetable when it will be released." Well the problem is this is this is my paycheck and I have bills. How can there be no accountability? How can this be legal. Now they are starting to charge me late fees for minor charges as low as 1.99. This should be a lawsuit and illegal.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bank of America?

I had someone steal my debit card from me and use it where they wanted. I filed a dispute stating I did not authorize these charges. BANK OF AMERICA DENIED THE CLAIM. I never got my money back! They just let a criminal steal my money and get away with it. Stating "The charges were done locally" and "You had your card in your possession" basically calling me a liar!!! I was like you dumb **. I told you people I DON'T KNOW WHERE MY CARD IS?! Do not bank with these people! They don't care about their customers!! I'm out almost 500$ of fraud charges now and they don't care!

I have an account in Bank of America since 2015. 2 days back I got a call from Bank of America regarding some insurance policy. I said that I am not interested... even though he is trying to say something and I said sorry. Up here everything is OK but end of the call he said, "** you"... and disconnected the call. This is the not way to talk with customers. I complained to other officer but still I didn't get any reply from them. This not good!!

About a month ago I filed a claim for a bunch of international charges on my account that I have never heard of nor ever purchased anything from and the total came to approx $3000. I was told I would receive a provisional partial credit for the amount of the charges and the rest would follow a few days later, however it was not that way and I still have not been reimbursed for these charges and it's been almost 3 weeks now and I have been given the runaround so many times.

Literally I have been told by at least 6 team members in the risk department to call back tomorrow and they would know 100% for sure as to whether they were denying my claim or not. How can this happen? I called my lawyer today and he is about to take legal action and get the truth from them. They sent me some paperwork in the mail and said my account was closed totally and permanently and I could never bank with them ever again and they were going to issue me a cashiers check, they said I was approved for the claim in the letter I received and that the cashiers check would be at my address on file on Friday, then Monday, then Friday, then Monday back and forth at least 3 weeks now. Help me please, without bothering my attorney for this and having to pay to get my money back.

On Feb. 22nd I closed the BOA accounts. Even though they were closed, they decided to accept a payment from SSI (instead of bouncing it back). I called BOA (over 20 times) to be told that the money would be released 5-10 days, then 5-15 days, then 5-30 days, and now 120 days. The local Social Security office even called while I was there and they were told that yes, BOA has the money in their possession and no, it would not be released for 120 days as per their policy. My account was clean when it was closed and I didn't owe the bank anything. The SSI is for an 11 year old child who fell into a bonfire, has had over 600 surgeries and procedures and just had another partial amputation surgery.

Our water and electric were both turned off due to non-payment of the agreed payment plan. I pawned what little I had to get them back on for now. SSI cannot reissue a payment because BOA has already admitted they have the money so it has already be distributed. SSI asked if BOA could just send the money back and was told no they can't as per their policies. SSI asked if BOA could come up with another solution and was told I could go into a local branch and have the manager call the 800 number to get a check released to the local branch.

When I arrived at the local branch, the bank manager called the number and was told that no that wasn't an option and that I would have to wait for them to send me a check and to allow 120 days. If I do not receive a check after 120 days, then they will issue another check that could take up to 120 days. This is an SSI payment. It does NOT belong to BOA. A disabled child is suffering because of their negligence and lack of concern.

As per SSI's request I have filed a complaint with the BBB and with our local governor's office. This kid has so much already to go through and now he has to deal with not having water to wash his wounds or electric for heat. What an absolutely horrible company to deal with. I really wish someone could help me to get this money released. So far I've had no luck. I really thought SSI had more power but I guess BOA doesn't care who they piss off at this point. SSI was shocked at the lackadaisical attitude of BOA and are going to suggest that others do not use them for direct deposit.

I contacted Bank of America as I could not access my online account. After a lot of talking I was told that my account was frozen due to some reason they could not explain and had to close it. When I asked them to return my money they said that they had no idea when I could get my money back. I have bills to pay and I don't have any other financial institution where I can get funds to pay my bills. It is a very terrible and ongoing case. There is no one to answer or take responsibility. Very bad experience. Not expected from Bank of America and I am having my dealings with them since 2004.

I've been with Bank of America since Jan 2017 and I hate this financial institution. They are scam artists and steal money. I've never seen a balance like they run deposits are at the bottom of the page and somehow my money is always disappearing. Just like tonight I deposited 440 and had the money in there and went to get something at Walgreens and it's saying I have a -balance and I can't purchase my items. Hello just 20 min before the money was there now it's saying I'm a -658 in the hole. I haven't spent that much money combined in weeks. Where did my money go.

This morning I get a -35 dollar fee for a transaction that when I used my card it said I had money. Hello if it's one cent over what I have in my account Bank of America Denies the transaction so it isn't my fault their system is behind. I just hate this bank and when I call they are like "maam you just don't want to accept what I'm telling you". Seriously I ask a question and you do everything but answer the question.

I go to school full time, and BOA stole my tax return. I had a negative checking account that wasn't even linked to my savings account that was supposed to receive my funds. My return was supposed to be credited by direct deposit from the IRS to my savings account. The checking account I had overdrawn to help pay bills months earlier. I have had charges of accounts before and know that they will collect the debt through normal channels, but this they literally just auto-debited out of my account.

I was negative 250 in the checking the tax return was 350, they auto debit the negative 250 without any notice in the middle of the night and proceeded to take the rest for "fees" (i.e. 12 maintenance fee per account) and left me with nothing. Literally I was negative 250 in one account and positive 350 in the other, at 9 am the next morning I was at 0 in the first and negative 10 dollars in the savings. So not only did they steal all my money without my permission (on top of the fact that I now have no money for food or gas, or even a bullet to end my misery after this); This is unacceptable for a business relationship where literally 100's of thousands of dollars have flown between my relationship with these accounts (I've had the account for 15 yrs).

Their customer service is a stone-wall of robotic sounding "machine-people" who will read lawyer speak from their handbook and expect that to be a justification for their midnight thievery. Saying things like "You are causing me to starve this month" or "I need that money so I can get gas in my car to be able to get to work to pay back the money" are all foreign concepts to them. They must be robots having never had to deal with these issues. The managers (Alice and La Shante) both demonstrated their inability to think for themselves, when after explaining that my food and gas and future was all tied up in that 250 dollars, they went on to say, "well we see that 6 months ago your mom threw you 100 bucks. Can you go beg her?"

They wanted me to justify the transactions between myself and family members as a reason whether or not to give me the fund-age back, when it wasn't theirs to decide in the first place! They will talk you in circles and offer no help. ** whole bank. And every ** that works for your stuck up back alley BJ organization. The fact that I will have a 100K job in the next 2 years and the fact that I will be taking all future business with me was completely lost on these neanderthals. Manager are supposed to be able to see beyond the rank and file and see that future loss will be far greater, then begrudging a starving college kid out of 200 bucks.

Hope it was worth it Bank of America. Because honestly your only purpose to exist is to protect the money of your stakeholders, and since I have money invested in the bank (even 1 dollar) I am still the person that you are supposed to make happy. All relationships are about trust, and this bank obviously doesn't trust its customers, and more so, obviously themselves can't be trusted. Good luck running a bank with no customers.

My greatest mistake that I'll forever live with is opening an account with BOA. I was full of confidence when I walked into a BOA branch to open an account not knowing that will be the worst day of my life, I just arrived from Africa some 8 months ago and I used to hear how great BOA is not knowing it's completely the opposite. I walked into a branch to open an account and it took over an hour to have an account opened. The lady that attended to me seems new on the job and doesn't even know what she was doing, I gave her my email address and phone number and all other information she requested and after making deposits through the ATM and setting up my online banking, I headed home.

On getting home, I tried to login into my account but it wouldn't let me. I called the online banking department and after waiting over an hour, I was able to get through to a representative. After verifying my info, I gave him my correct email address and phone number and I received an email immediately informing me that my information has been updated. Few days after, a client made a wire of 3500 into my account. Everything looks good and after some days again, another client made another wire of the same amount of 3500 on a Saturday and on Monday I got another wire of 36000. I signed into my account and both the wire of 3500 on Saturday and the one on Monday were still processing, I went into a BOA branch same Monday to do a wire for 2300 but the lady at the branch told me there's a note on my account from where I opened it that I can only do a wire transfer with my personalized card.

I immediately called BOA customer care and was informed there's was nothing of such. After work same Monday, I headed to the branch to know why I have not received my personalized card yet and why they had to put a note on my account. The lady checked my account and said there was nothing of such and when I asked about my personalized debit card, I was told they already sent it out but I should call customer care to request for the card to be resent. I called customer care and requested for a new card and was told the card would arrive in 5-7 business days. Meanwhile I told the lady at the branch I opened the account that I would like to do a wire but she informed me the banker in charge of wire is not around and to book an appointment go the next day which is on Tuesday.

I booked an appointment and on Tuesday I called customer care before going to the bank only to be told I need to go into a branch so one of their bankers could call and they can tell me what's going on. I went to a branch immediately and the banker told me to wait while he called customer care. After 46 minutes, the banker came back and told me my account is under review and there's nothing that can be done this time. I immediately called BOA customer care again and was informed I needed to go into a branch. I told the rep I'm still at the branch and one of their banker just called but the rep seems lost and confused and transferred me to a manager. After over 2 hours on phone, they kept transferring me to different dept but none could actually help, they finally hung up. I called back again and another rep told me to go to a branch again that they could not see on my account that a banker from their branch called.

After work, I went to the branch I opened the account but before I could even sit down, the bank manager came and told me that my account is on hold and I need to go home, they will give me a call. He told me they tried calling me the previous day but couldn't get thru, that was a blatant lie coz my phone was with me all day and even if I wasn't with my phone when they called, they could have left a voice message. I told the manager I already called customer care and was informed to come into a branch so a branch rep can call to see what can be done but he refused and told me he already knew about the situation and there's nothing he can do. I pleaded with him to even open my account and call the number the customer care told me a branch rep should call but he refused.

Till now no call from anyone and my account is still on hold. I tried checking my account online today only to get a message that I need to update my email address that the one on file is incorrect. I now discovered that the wrong email address which I called to have corrected same day my account was opened was still the same one I was promoted to correct, this bank really sucks. The most painful aspect is that when the 3500 and the 36000 wire cleared my account, I immediately called my company in South Africa to release money to the companies that made payments into the BOA and my company has already released the money to the other merchants, now our own money is still stuck with BOA and no update or phone call from anyone to say what's really happening. This bank sucks.

EDD debit cards - My experience started with B of A due to I was in disability for 2 months and had to get my payments from the State of CA via a Bank of America Visa debit card. Unfortunately my card was recently compromised and someone stole $1123 of my disability payments. As soon as I discovered the breach on my debit card, after my card was declined at a gas station on 3/25/17, I contact the customer service number and spoke with a Jessica 3/25/17. She informed of 3 separate withdrawals on my card that occurred the day before 3/24/17 and one on 3/25/17. All of these illegal withdraws happened in another town, another county. She also informed me I would have to wait till Monday 3/27/17 to file dispute, and she would not give me dispute contact number.

Well, I went to their website, found number and contacted them to file dispute on 3/25/17, and close debit card I had and have them send a new one, 2 day air. I was informed by Amanda and Paige that it would take at least 10 days before reversal of funds after a review of claim. I asked for expedite and Paige said she would put in hardship request to speed it up. I made follow up calls on Monday 3/27 and Tuesday 3/28. By Wednesday 3/29 I spoke with a supervisor Wayne and he informed me the dispute claim was closed, due to he said they determined someone with another debit card and my pin made the withdrawals, and because the person used a pin number it must have been me or someone I know.

He kept insinuating I took the money or someone I knew took the money out. That is NOT the case. Plus my card was with me, I was at work. Now, according to the police dept, my card was probably skimmed and the thief can get pin numbers also when they skim cards. But, this Wayne person was not hearing any of that. Basically I am out $1123 and they have no intention of giving it back to me. I feel as if I was a actual Bank of America customer, EDD accounts do not have B of A bank accounts, they would have treated better and reversed funds right away.

Remember the good old days when you pulled into a service station to get gas and they would just about rebuild the car wile you sat inside? Walk into a bank and bankers were just roaming around waiting for your arrival? Gone. Gone. Gone. At B.O.A. This week I made a appointment at B.O.A 9 am, once a year I needed to have a document notarized, a five minute job... not at B.O.A.!! I was told to come back later or go to a other branch across town. Now I am a elderly, disabled man in a wheelchair, just lame isn't just lame!!! I told that person, "I made the appointment a week ago. Why didn't I get a call before I wasted my time and effort to get there?" No comment.

At 12:00, 3 1/2 hours later, the phone rang saying the notary was in. So I rushed back to B.O.A. The branch manager who was the notary told me to wait and wait and wait. Finally I went into a office and was told to wait and wait and wait! Finally she comes in running, rattling her keys, looking in cabinets, saying "I lost my notary stamp," and ran out and I waited and waited and waited . Now I have wasted the whole morning. This manager I have seen in the past yelling at customers to give them orders to go to a automated teller, and so on.

I started banking at Barnett and B.O.A. acquired 15 or so years ago, so I have been at B.O.A. for 20 years, and never bounced a check or paid a overcharge fee. I took my document to another bank, not B.O.A, just down the street where 3 bankers were at the door for me, opened a new checking account, had my document notarized, that person said, "We are always happy to help," and was out the door in 15 minutes.

Bank of America is going down the drain. They keep getting worse every single year. I have dealt with horrible customer service that would talk over me and end the conversation about them taking my money through the ATM and then it took my money saying that there was an error when I deposited the $3,900 and they only credited 300. The customer service tells me that "An ATM machinist will be going out to the ATM to fix it and give you your money." So I go and sit there for 3 hours and nobody comes. So I called Bank of America back and they said that they would not be able to give me my money back. They are not allowed to do that. And then I was on the phone for an hour and a half waiting for app manager to tell me what I need to do. And I have to fill out a claim and wait until three days for them to review this and confirm to get my own money back.

This is the most outrageous thing I have ever dealt with with a company. How do you take somebody's money and tell them that you can't have it back and it's not in their account. Those the most outrageous thing I have ever dealt with with a bank. For them to expect you to trust that you are going to get your money back and that they are doing the right thing is outrageous. I have lost all trust in Bank of America and will tell everybody I know of this experience. This is unreal and the experience overall is horrible. I would not recommend Bank of America to anyone anymore.

My mother wrote a check to my account to pay my rent. I then purchased a cashier's check to make the payment. Days later after the check had been cashed, Bank of America then put a hold on my mother's original check sending my account negative. The hold was set to be released in less than a week, but it never happened, and my mother never received her money back. After that I was blocked from viewing my balances for my credit and debit accounts and a hold was placed on all of my banking. When I called to find out what was going on, I was transferred multiple times and finally an incredibly rude customer service representative told me that my accounts had all been closed. Specifically he acknowledged that there was nothing I could do and that they would be closed immediately. Just yesterday I was told that my accounts are all still open, my credit cards have been billed for late fees and I'm completely astounded.

When I called again just now, no one apologized to me or explained to me what was going on. They originally only let me know that my credit account was still open and then after being transferred and me doing some prying they let me know that my checking account was also still open. When I went to inquire further I was again told that they couldn't do anything about it. So here I am, with no active cards or any way of viewing my accounts and balances, still being charged fees. This is truly insane and no matter who I've spoken to in the company no one has told me what is actually going on. I've since looked into customer reviews and seen thousands of stories just like mine. This is class action lawsuit worthy. This bank needs to be closed.

DEBIT CARD SCAMMED. FRAUD FRAUD FRAUD. We contacted BOA for 3 weeks and have been told nothing but lies. BOA does everything possible NOT to pay. The risk department and customer service gives you the runaround and never told us the process. We were told that the account had be closed. My son was told his direct deposit would be mailed out to him in a check, they lied. BOA did not close the account. They left the acct open to take the direct deposits to clear the balance caused by FRAUD. $1200 TAKEN BY A STRANGER AND THE BANK TAKES MY MONEY.

I started out at Glendale Federal Bank about 28 years ago, taken over by Barnett Bank, taken over by Nations Bank, now Bank of America for about 20 years now. I have NEVER had a problem with this bank, I have never been charged any outlandish fees. I am a premier customer and I get an additional .75% back on my BofA Visa card for a total of 1.75% on everyday charges. If you run your accounts properly they are a FANTASTIC bank. Best bank in the USA. What I read about most complaints is from people who screw up their own accounts then blame the bank, is that the American way?

I am SOOOO lost on where to begin. Due to my husband's torn ankle, he is in constant pain especially standing in a factory for 10 hrs a day! It didn't really start to bother him until these last 6 months. So in order to help my husband with some of our bills & finances, I posted a Babysitting Ad on Craigslist. I have a copy of that innocent, true & sincere posting as well. I was just thinking 10-20 hrs a week (if that), even 5$/hr... Just SOMETHING to help my husband & I's TERRIBLE financial situation.

I had NO IDEA about how these scammers do what they do... until recently, that is. I have all the text messages saved along with the UPS PRIORITY MAIL envelope showing from California. I had NO IDEA how much she was sending. All she told me was that she needed a sitter for her son and that they would be moving to my town and with some of the money she sent me, I was to apparently put deposit down on their new complex here in La Salle County, Illinois. I am in Peru, Illinois. This is the kind of stuff you see on AMERICAN GREED; NOT in my little "Rinky-Dink" small town!! Needless to say, Bank of America held the check and on the deposit slip it says that the check seemed FRAUDULENT so they would have to hold it for at least 10 days to verify its authenticity. I called them to ask them why now we are OVERDRAWN $1,500!!

The worst part is that my husband and I were LITERALLY COUNTING on our tax refund; checking EVERY DAY... which is why after 10 days, it showed our balance at $2,650. We were ELATED, SHOCKED, AMAZED, etc. I thought it was an answer from the Lord above since I prayed and prayed for some relief money wise, and then this SCAM happens and my husband & I are TOTALLY Broke now with NOTHING!

When I called Bank of America, they explained to me that that was why they didn't charge us overdraft fees, etc. WHAT??! I just don't know what to do! I don't know where to turn to. I truly need help in any way possible. My husband & I had been promising our landlord that we would be caught up with our rent & pay AT LEAST ONE payment on my car for fear they could take it from us at ANY TIME! I have no experience with attorneys or lawyers so if you could do something to help my husband & I not get EVICTED or LOSE our ONLY vehicle, I would probably just cry from sheer RELIEF! We have been NOTHING but stressed out and worrisome 24/7 & with each day that passes, our landlord is getting less & less patient & understanding. I TRULY AM afraid we will be thrown out with nowhere to go and COMPLETELY broke on top of it all!

I just CANNOT believe this happened to us! I entrusted that a bank would know if a check was good or not, especially since they held it for 10 days! I told them that that check should have NEVER gone through then! They have snubbed me off, and won't refund even just our income tax return!! I also don't want this to happen to ANYONE ELSE! Especially the elderly who may get taken for all they have!! What can we do to stop this and make it better?? I called my local newspaper, The News Tribune and they told me to contact you, so that is what I am doing. I am really not counting on even getting a reply, let alone help, just because you are a VERY BUSY Company, an IMPORTANT one at that!

I have pictures of the check that was sent along with the UPS envelope from CA. If you think we can do ANYTHING, PLEASE feel free to email me at **. Thank you so much for your time as I know it is limited since you are such a busy business. So I TRULY appreciate you reading this message. I got more info, so perhaps I will get the chance to talk with you. Hope to hear from you as soon as u possibly can get back to me. Thank You Again So Much!

I was a Bank of America account holder (checking) for approximately one year. Recently, I deposited a check from a customer related to my business, and a direct deposit. There was a hold on my account for $345.00, and my deposits totaled close to $900.00. Bank of America credited both deposits as scheduled and then without warning, took the money back and held all funds for no reason. I was furious.

I went to the local bank where I opened the account and spoke with the manager that opened the account for me. He acted real ornery and stated that he couldn't help me with the issue and to talk with the "RISK" Department. I did so from his phone, as he refused to call and investigate himself. I spoke to a "Danielle" in the "Risk" Department and she vaguely stated that my check was on a "VERIFICATION" hold and would be there for two weeks. This was not what I was told by a previous bank representative that originally told me a few days. Furthermore, this Danielle, stated that I needed to read page 20 of the Customer Agreement packet. When I read it verbatim to her, there was nothing describing or legitimizing the actions that took place with my account. When I brought that to her attention, she stuck to "talking points" and did not offer any concrete or rationale explanation.

The bank manager stated that they were in the process of closing my account, which was fine, as I felt Bank of America was a poorly run bank in the first place. However, them keeping my hard-earned money was unwarranted and illegal. The purpose of this write-up is to warn potential customers of this illicit activity that the bank does to its customers. I've especially been concerned about the reviews from Hispanics, ** customers, and other minorities. They can expect a lawsuit from me and I will look to join with others who have had the same experience. BEWARE OF THIS BANK and review other reviews before banking with them!!!

I have been with BOA since 2004 - with excellent credit scores and on time payments. Surprisingly on Feb 24th 2017 at 0808 am as I had stopped on my way home to do a deposit towards a payment to my credit card (Apparently a new feature) introduced to me by Chris **, a relationship manager at the local branch in Chapel Hill. To my greatest dismay, the machine did not complete my transaction nor returned my monies. I received a slip urging me to call the number and report to claims. Despite me following their instructions and doing exactly what I was asked to do, and compounding to the many trips to the branch and phone calls - I still have NOT had any resolution.

Initially I was informed it will take 24 hours for the machine to be reset, then later it was 7-9 business days, then 5 business days and till this minute up to 3 months. He even added, they need to review videos of me doing the deposit. How long does it take to see a video of a deposit that took me less than 3 minutes to do an ATM transaction. Does this sound reasonable to anyone? Until this second, I have received ZERO answers to my claim. Today I was told by Chris at the Branch that only $400.00 was found as over deposit in the ATM on the said date; not saying it was mine - however, not knowing whether it pertained to me or another customer waiting to complain.

I am disgusted, nauseated, sick and upset. I never knew a huge conglomerate of a financial institution will set up a faulty machine to collect monies from hardworking citizens. This is sad, sad, sad - I am horrified by this. Till this minute no one, no soul has contacted me from BOA to inform me of any claim/dispute developments. I need answers, and most of all want my monies back.

I had a account with BoA, a checking and a savings. I had it set up that every month I would transfer so much into my savings. On March 11, 2017, I tried to go online to see what my balance was. I couldn't sign in and when I did, I continued to get a message that my account don't exist. So I called the number provided. I was told that my account was in the process of being closed. I told them that my paycheck was suppose to be deposited. The bank rep named Aletta (always get a name) and she said that they can closed my account anytime they want without giving a reason and when I opened my account I signed a document stating that. So I went a branch and talked with Dominic (Bank Rep) and he called the risk management department. They said that I would not receive my funds between 10 to 15 days.

On Monday, March 13, 2017, I went back to the branch and talked to Bank Rep Moe. I explained to him what had happened. He said "Let me talk to my bank manager." The bank manager refused to assist and Moe called and talked to Bradley in Risk Management. Once again they refused to give a reason and said that they can closed your account anytime. I looked a the agreement and there was nowhere on this agreement that you are to sign. Plus it never said anything about send your money to you between 10 to 15 days. Moe said that my paycheck was returned on Monday, March 13th.

Later on Monday March 13, Leslie from the collection department contacted me and ONCE AGAIN, I explained my situation. Leslie said that she sent a email to Risk Management to find out why my account was closed. Then she told me that my paycheck was rejected and sent back to my employer on Friday. Now I have been given three different day of when my paycheck was returned. Monday evening Jason from the BoA that monitors Social Media contacted me and once again I was given another BS story line about my paycheck returned.

On Tuesday March 14th I contacted Leslie because she said to call her for she will give me an update. First the Risk Management dept would not answer the email and that she would reach out to them again. Then Leslie asked me to hold and then proceeded to hang up on me. Sooner or later BoA will fall and they will fall hard for how they treat people. Still waiting on my paycheck. BoA don't care about nobody but themselves and they will deceive and lie to make themselves like they are for their customers!!

I deposited a check at about 12:30 p.m. on March 6, 2017. I checked my account the next day, the money wasn't there. Then I noticed that I had $14 in the bank, but they charged me a overdraft fee for a credit card charge of $4.19. So, I go to the bank to find out what's going on. They put a hold on both the check and the cash that I put in the day before. I asked how they could put a hold on cash, and the woman admitted that they made a mistake. But they put a 7 day hold on the check. That check cleared a week ago from the man's account that wrote the check. Here it is, 8 days later and the money still isn't in my account. So, it makes me wonder, am I dealing with a bunch of thieves at BOA? Where in the hell is my money?

Don't ever use this Bank. They charge me more in interest fees than my regular payment. Then when you call them they will take off about 300 off your next payment but then add it onto the next payment. BIGGEST RIP OFF. CAN'T WAIT TO GET RID OF THIS CRAP!!! Never use this bank.

I have many issues with BoA, but the biggest is when I write a check to someone like the Gardener and they go to the same branch I bank with and are told they can not cash the check because they don't have an account there. Unless they want to open an account with my check, then I got to go get the cash to pay him. Come on BoA it's my money not yours. They do this often, but not always, I guess it's up to the teller, maybe they get a bonus for new accounts?

So I messed up my routing number and or account number this year while filing my taxes, in return they sent me a check. I deposited it into my BOA account VIA mobile app. That same night I went to see if my funds were available only to see my account said negative 888,888.88. I was like, what in the world. Needless to say I reached out to BOA right away! No one can tell me anything. Be mindful this was Friday 3/3/17. Today is 3/7/17 and my account is still saying -888,888.88 and although my funds may be available today the "fraud" may not be removed for another day or two so I may still be locked away from my money until 1-3 business days! Like really?

On top of the insult to injury I was also told my account would be closed and that they don't have to give me an explanation as to why they're closing my account. So despite the fact that I've been banking with them for about 3 years now and despite the fact that I have a car loan and a credit card with them they're making this decision to close my account. I'm in fear that a settlement that's almost 6 figures big may try to process through their bank in the middle of this madness. I've reached out to my lawyer gave them updated information to another bank I utilize in the hopes to catch it before the transfer attempt takes place but they're hurting me and my family at a very fragile time with no regard to us whatsoever.

I don't understand how they stay in business when they treat their customers this way. I'm mad I ever banked with them and am actually pissed I passed up Citi and Chase for them, I do have 3 other bank accounts to use but didn't. Bye BOA no love loss here! I just hope I can get my Tax return without an issue and I also hope the 2 pending deposits don't hit their bank before I can close this account 100%. As far as I can see they erased me like I never even banked with them. After reading other complaints I'm scared they're going to try to take my money and run.

I typically get paid every Monday. This particular week, my employer paid me on Friday so that I could pay a bill that was due. Anytime I go into my local branch to make a deposit, they always recommend using the ATM because it's faster, and it would save me time by not waiting in line. I started doing this, and haven't had an issue... until today.

Today, I deposited $400 cash in the ATM. The ATM would not accept one of the bills ($20 dollar bill) and returned it. After retrieving the 20, the machine then returned my card and ended the transaction but kept the other $380 of cash. It gave me no credit for the deposit. I immediately called Customer Assistance. I sat on hold for 10 minutes, and then the CSR had to transfer me to the fraud department. After sitting on hold for another 5 or so minutes, the next CSR got on the phone, and had to then transfer me to the ATM department. After sitting on hold for another several minutes, I got the on the phone with the correct CSR. I was then told that my claim would investigated, and that it would be resolved within 10 business days.

The CSR was able to see that there was a transaction malfunction in that particular machine. He was able to also see on my account that I deposit the exact same amount of money every week. I was told that the $380 could not be credited, and he literally said "I appreciate your concern and frustration, but sometimes this is just how it goes". Seriously... that's the response I get? If I spoke to my customers that way, I would be fired immediately.

They literally said their policy is in line with federal requirements that investigations are required to be resolved within 10 business days, and that crediting my account pending their investigation is not part of their policy. I asked for a supervisor, and he basically said they don't have to credit my account, therefore they won't/can't per their policy. Per my policy, I will not do business with any company that does not value their customers.

Once my hard earned money is returned to me, I am closing my accounts, and taking my business to a credit union. I realize that the pittance I earn and keep in their bank is not even a drop in the bucket of their overall business... but at least Credit Unions value hardworking middle class folks like me. I know a Credit Union will not offer all of the online luxuries that BoA can, but those luxuries are useless when they lose your money and do not care.

At some point, we as a populace have to start holding these large national banks accountable in the same way that we are individually. The Supervisor said all he could offer was an apology... to which I explained to him that "apologies" carried no currency value, but I would try to see if my debtor will accept "I'm sorry" as a substitution for currency.

If I could give Bank of America 0 stars I would. This bank is the worst. I put the wrong pin number at the bank and I was still able to get my money. Then I went to a store to buy something, I put the correct pin number and it didn't go through. That doesn't make sense at all!! This bank is full of **. It takes forever to get

a representative on the phone and they don't even call back. They give wrong information. Bank of America needs to shut down immediately!!!

Bank of America placed a 10-day hold on my payment because I paid a different amount than I usually do (the balance of the account vs. minimum payment). I had made the payment on Monday, it cleared my credit union on Tuesday, and I made payments using the credit card. On Thursday, I called them because there was no available credit even though I hadn't reached my limit. I called them to no avail. I closed my account.

Expert Review

Barbara FriedbergPersonal Finance Contributing Editor

Barbara Friedberg, MBA, MS is a former investment portfolio manager with decades of financial experience. Friedberg taught Finance and Investments at several universities. Her work has been featured in U.S. News & World Report, Investopedia, Yahoo!Finance and many more publications.    More about Barbara→

For 200 years, Bank of America has helped their customers, client’s and the community meet their financial goals. Bank of America prides itself in its competitive financial offerings and strong investment in the community.

• Services: The banks services span general banking, credit cards, loans and investment products. Their services cater to individuals and business customers.
  • Convenient locations: Bank of America’s global reach serves 47 million consumers and small businesses with 4,700 financial centers and 16,000 ATMs.
  • Financing options: The Bank of America loan products includes mortgage, refinancing, home equity, auto, business and more.
  • Credit card products: Bank of America has a suite of credit card choices including cash rewards, travel, low interest rate, small business and cards designed to repair damaged credit.
  • Banking services: In addition to the standard checking and savings accounts the company has offerings for students, online and mobile banking customers.
  • Investment and insurance offerings: The company offers a variety of wealth management opportunities to help customers save for their children’s college or their own retirement. Bank of America also offers insurance products.
  • Financial education: Bank of America is committed to helping its customers understand their finances and provides resources on budgeting and financial planning on its website.
  • Mobile banking: Bank of America's mobile app gives customers 24/7 account access with fingerprint sign-in. Consumers can deposit checks, receive mobile alerts, receive cash back deals and more.
  • Best for Bank of America offers suitable banking products for all consumers.

Compare Banks & Credit Unions