2.01/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

Bank of America

We are official Bank of America reps, here to help, listen & learn from our customers.

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 18, 2017

3531 Bank of America Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Aug. 22, 2017

Bank of America has excellent banking features but its investment prowess is somewhat limited. Local managers have been helpful on a number of financially related issues though.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2017

I've noticed that the BOA locations I've visited last no longer have their drive up teller windows open. When I questioned why, I was only told that the bank will no longer be using them. Big mistake!

Original review: Aug. 22, 2017

Been with them forever. No problems and if there was a problem I am confident they would handle it perfectly. Always easy to do business with and very consumer-conscious.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2017

I brought a check to be cashed and the bank tried to say I made the check. They found out it was real and cleared. Still wouldn't give me my money after 6 wks. I had to close my account to get my money. Never got an apology.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2017

BofA has credited my account while working on a fraudulent charge. Reversed an overdraft when I or a company made a mistake. I am completely confident making online purchases and shopping out of area. Only complaint the Merced office, gets zero stars.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bank of America?

Original review: Aug. 21, 2017

All of B of A customer service rep's are clearly professional while logically caring more for their customers (like being a psychologist). Many customers are stressed with possibly credit card problems, and they fully care & assist with other oncoming recommendations.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2017

They use to be a great bank. I loved the easy access to deposit at the ATM machine. Then they started letting companies I didn't even authorize to take money from my account. When I complained it was just a lot of excuses.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2017

Our branch has terrible service. In general it is too hard to do business with them. We only keep an account for when we are away, mostly in a foreign country or place that doesn't have other banks. We use our US Bank account for all other purposes because they have better service and better and easier to use online.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2017

Try your best not become a victim of identity fraud! It has almost been a month and I'm still recovering to fully recover my account. I was told on 16 Aug '17 that my name on the card was too long so they didn't ship the card. So, that day a new card was shipped. I picked it up today on 20 Aug '17 and then I tried to activate the card and it didn't work. I requested to speak to an associate and was informed that the card that I received was cancelled. Now, keep in mind, on 16 Aug, they told me that my card didn't ship because of my name was too long on the card. It's going on three weeks and I have yet to receive all the benefit of using my banking account.

BoA's biggest problem is they don't endorse your account. They don't annotate the on going progression of resolving issues such as identity fraud. One associate to the next, I had to repeat myself several times of the same story of what happened to me as if I had to start all over again. Remember, I am the victim. There were times I felt that it was my fault that I experienced identity fraud. I also experience, they are not in the best interest of really resolving your issue. There's not a sense of urgency in resolving issues at hand.

I've experienced identity fraud on 23 Jul '17 and it is now 20 Aug '17 and I am still experiencing issues with BoA. From the E-Commerce Fraud Dept, all the way to Customer Service, they are not in the best interest of protecting your account, thus leaving you without a peace of mind. I will soon leave them. By far, BoA is the worst banking experience I've ever encountered.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2017

I really like this bank. They take security very seriously. The moment my card is used at any TYPE of store that I haven't been to before - my account is quickly frozen and sends a link to my app asking me to verify if I just tried using my card or not. Once I say "yes, it was me" the account is immediately unfrozen.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2017

The online app is great. It is very easy to check my account, pay my bill, check my statements etc. On the phone customer service is courteous, knowledgeable and quick to respond to my concerns.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2017

There are no local offices. I've had trouble getting any cooperation from them in the past especially when it comes to withdrawing your money... Typical big city bank... Cold and impersonal. Stick to local banks and avoid these guys.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2017

Bank of America is a great bank. They are very supportive of their customers. There is easy access and they are able to support you in every customer service accommodations that I have needed over the past 10 years.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2017

I've been at this bank for over five years. I've had great experiences and how to get the best banking experience. At any time when needed I've been offered support for anything that was needed. I always experience professional and polite personnel that's willing to assist either on the phone or in person.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2017

Overall, Bank of America is a good bank. The folks at different departments do not communicate well. EBanking is great. Secure. Tellers are mostly friendly. Very long lines most of the time.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2017

I previously banked with Chase and switched to Bank of America some years back. I normally do all banking online including bill paying. Bank of America's website is very user-friendly and secure. I always go to a branch office whenever making a deposit. The associates are always courteous and very helpful. Bank of America is tops.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2017

You have to make an appointment to talk with a banker. The banker tells you all these things that they can do for you to get you to invest and most of these perks change or are discontinued in less than 6 months. They tell you they will follow up with you on x, y, z, but it never happens. Ends up feeling pretty impersonal and there goes the trust!

Original review: Aug. 19, 2017

BofA's services are typical of the banking industry - very little to distinguish between the brick and mortar banks - as are its fees which are exorbitant for what they provide. BofA doesn't value loyalty. They jacked up my fees after nearly 20 years of patronage. We've closed all but one checking and one savings acct. and will close those also soon. We'll go with an online bank for better value and greater convenience.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2017

Fraud detection is excellent and otherwise accurate at Bank of America. Tellers are also friendly on the rare occasion when I have entered the bank. But didn't like the credit card experience so I closed it.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2017

One can take a check into BofA, written on a BofA check and they refuse to cash it unless you have an account there. Tellers are rude, non-negotiable with bad attitudes.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2017

Hi, first this is the first time in my life writing a review... well I really don't wanna do it but I found myself obligated to share it with anyone who had or wanna open an account with Bank of America. After many years with this bank I went to withdraw some cash & because I don't have my debit card I was asked to provide ID & SSN. Well I did, after that the teller started looking at me and calling others employees, few minutes later her manager approached me with anger and said to me you need to sit and wait for me... well I started getting nervous because she was talking to me like a suspect or a thief... when I refused to give up my turn she threaten me saying that she will call the police on me & get me out.

Just after I left I call the bank customer service & file a complaint, 2 weeks later the bank respond that they stand by their employees because I did not obey the manager order. Wow. Wow. I was denied to get my own money & treated like a suspect & it's my fault. Please boycott this bank as I did, this way they will get the message & maybe they will show some respect to their customers. Thank you for reading.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2017

BOA is my bank. I would leave except since they are a national and I expect to move to another state within a year. So it will make the transition easier.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2017

Bank of America repeatedly took money out of my account and never given a cause as to why. I lost several hundred dollars. The worst bank I have ever dealt with.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2017

The 2 banks in my small town almost always have a lengthy waiting line, and in one there are often mgmt bankers sitting/chatting at leisure. Worse, when I tried to dispute an unfilled repair I paid over $200 for using my BofA/Visa card, the bank's dispute staff were clearly pro-biz. Would not reverse the charge even though I had provided exhaustive documentation timely. I am looking to pull all of my accounts, perhaps go with a credit union.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2017

I had an overdraft fee and called customer service and Amber listened to me. Got her supervisor to return the fee so I was now in the positive side. It was not my fault. A company took out a charge 3 times instead of once.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2017

I've banked with Bank of America for over 15 years. Customer service is always impeccable, they are helpful and friendly, always easy to solve any problems or questions. Their fraud systems are non-intrusive and make you feel like they are looking out for your accounts.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2017

Customer requests for research older account information very poor. We like BOA primarily of their branch locations in both locations where we live (about 1500 miles apart).

Original review: Aug. 17, 2017

It is a poor bank to do business with. We lost our home with them in 2009 and they would not help in any way nor would they help with any ideas to help us save our home of 25 years.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2017

Moved from Wells Fargo to Bank of America 1/2017 because bill pay was tying up funds for over a week before payee received credit. BoA is better at 2 days. The main complaint is access to a real person. Online chat never available for account questions. E-mail answers so far appear that they do not read question, or wish to avoid e-responses. Poor customer service in this era of digital communication. Being disabled, an appointment at bank is not desired, but is obviously the direction the website pushes toward.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2017

I have found that the customer service is friendly, helpful and makes an effort to solve problems. The web interface is clear and useful. I also find the app very useful for making depositing, transfers and quick bill pay.

Bank of America Company Information