Call toll free
4.89/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Founded in 2003 and headquartered out of Burbank, California, Birch Gold Group prides themselves on educating their clients to help them make the best decision for safeguarding their savings, including in a retirement account. Their team of professionals has years of experience in the industry, and includes an in-house IRA Department as well as dozens of Precious Metal Specialists. Throughout the years, they have helped thousands of Americans move their IRA, 401(k) and other tax-advantaged retirement accounts out of stocks, bonds and mutual funds and into IRAs backed by physical gold and silver. It's for this reason that they pride themselves on being the Precious Metal IRA Specialists. Learn how to better protect your savings today by visiting BirchGold.com or calling one of their dedicated professionals.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

64 Birch Gold Group Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

Being a first time client I was very apprehensive about venturing into 'unknown' territory (for me) but the gentleman, Richard, that I dealt with was very understanding and informative, answered all my questions, letting me know that there were no 'silly' questions. He made the whole experience pleasant and rewarding, would highly recommend Birch Gold to anyone.

Birch Gold Group response

Hello Ms. Buxton, thank you for your nice review, we appreciate it! We will be sure to pass your thoughts on to Richard, we're glad that he could put you at ease. We hope to be of more service in the future.

Get expert buying tips about Gold Dealers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

I just purchased some silver and gold from Birch Gold group. My salesman was very professional and knowledgeable answering all of my questions. I have recommended Birch Gold group to my friends and family. All in all a very pleasurable experience.

Birch Gold Group response

Hello Mr. Munns, thank you for the kind words on your experience, we appreciate it! We will be sure to pass along to the team. Should you have any questions or need any further assistance with your purchase, please don't hesitate to call or email us. We'd be happy to help.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

I am very happy with birch service I had talked with chase before and did not like there high pressure sale way love yours Joseph mcneely

Birch Gold Group response

Hello Mr. Mcneely, we thank you for your nice words. We hope to be of more service in the future.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

In this case, as it is my first experience with them, or precious metals in this form, I can offer nothing for comparison. Additionally, I can not speak to any returns as of yet, but I'm hopeful for the future. What I can speak to is the easy of setting up the account. The initial purchase. And the customer service. On all these points The Birch Gold Group have exceeded all expectations. In a world where customer service seems like a by gone thing, passed forever to the ages of time, it is quite refreshing to find a company that actually takes care of their customers. In addition to the information package they sent me, they assigned a specialist to help answer any questions BEFORE I even opened an account. This team quickly returned my phone calls, answered any questions I had, and provided any additional information I requested very rapidly.

Then after I decided to go ahead with a purchase, the service continued in better stride. They continually provided me with updates as to the process and progress begins the scenes, handled all the transfer requirements, and provided constant tracking on the status of the funds location. As a military member with over 21 years of experience, followup is huge. Several times I had it on my calendar to followup on the statuses and before I could even call in they had already contacted me. That is extremely rare. Kinda eery, but much appreciated.

The purchase of the metals was easy and thorough. The representative contacted me and even though we had several issues to work through at first, entirely due to events on my end, they contacted me every time at our scheduled time. The conversation was very thorough lasting over 40 min, was absolutely no pressure, detailed, and at the end we came up with a strategy that I feel takes my best interest and goals in heart. It definitely wasn't a cookie cutter approach and was very tailored. I would recommend this service and company to anyone looking for this type of investment. If you read all of that and are still here, thanks, and best of luck!

Birch Gold Group response

Hello Chad, thank you very much for sharing your experience in such a thorough manner, we greatly appreciate that! We are happy to have given you a good experience, and hope to be of even more service in the future. We are always available to help you in the future, including to answer any questions about your purchase. Please feel free to be in touch whenever you would like.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

This was the best decision I could have made transferring my assets to Birch Gold. I am on heighten awareness when it comes to my money. I ponder over the decision to transfer money from an existing account to Birch Gold. After meeting and talking to David, he eased my uncertainty. He connected me with Tracie who patiently helped me through a very challenging moment. I would not be with Birch Gold had not for the expertise of both David and Tracie. Thank you so much for your knowledge.

Birch Gold Group response

Hello Brenda, we appreciate you sharing your experience, and we're so pleased to hear that it was an excellent one. We'll be sure to pass this along to David and Tracie. We hope we can be of further service in the future. And should you ever have any questions about your purchase, please reach out to us -- we'll be happy to help.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Birch Gold Group?

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

Not too long ago I had determined I wanted to purchase metals and heard of Birch Gold Group online and decided to reach out. Based on the information I had received, in addition to my desire to obtain some metals, led me to determine I wanted to buy. I was happy with the coordination and sale with Birch Gold Group and will do business again if I ever need more metals.

Birch Gold Group response

Hello Joseph, we're happy that you had a good experience. If you're ever ready to buy more, we are here for you. Until then, should you have any questions about your first purchase, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

The transition from existing/traditional investment vehicles to Birch Gold couldn’t have gone smoother. White Glove treatment for sure! Thanks everyone!

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

When I first looked into buying Gold and silver I wasn't sure about how it worked or what I needed to do. The people at Birch Gold walk me through all the steps to change my IRA into gold and precious metals. I want to thank them for such a great job and hope that other people would see what needs to be done with their IRA is to protect their money too. Great job at Birch Gold. I really appreciate everything that they've done in the work that they keep on doing for me. They keep me well informed with every move that I need to make. Thanks again with the team at Birch Gold.

Birch Gold Group response

Hello John, we appreciate your kind words! We're happy that we made the process easy for you, and earned your satisfaction.

In the future, should you have any questions about your account or need any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

From the moment I made contact with the Birch Gold Group I felt comfortable. David ** was very professional, answered all my questions, I could tell that he knew what he was talking about and had facts to back it up with. Natalie ** was very pleasant to talk to and instilled confidence that I was working with a company I can trust. Thank you. I look forward to a great relationship with the Birch Gold Group.

Birch Gold Group response

Hello Mr. Eglin, thank you very much for sharing your experience, we are so pleased to hear that you are satisfied. We will be sure to pass your sentiments on to the team. In the future, should you ever need anything or have any questions, please don't hesitate to be in touch.

Original review: July 31, 2018

I recently purchased some gold and silver from Birch gold group, and had the pleasure of working with Sam and Guy. Both gentlemen were friendly and easy to get a hold of, NO HIGH PRESSURE. They walked me through step by step. Everything went just as smoothly as I was told. I am very pleased with my purchase and will buy from them again! Thanks, Sam and Guy.

Birch Gold Group response

Hello Jama, thank you for the nice review, we are glad to have earned your trust and that the transaction went smoothly. Should you need anything in the future, or have any questions at all, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Original review: July 14, 2018

When I began a conversation with Birch Gold Group, they were very informative and knowledgeable, answering my questions and allaying any fears I had about investing in gold and silver. Once I was comfortable moving some accounts into an IRA, they handled everything professionally and the process was very smooth and satisfying.

Birch Gold Group response

Hello Mr Wescott, thank you for the nice review, we greatly appreciate it! We hope to be of more service in the future. Please don't hesitate to reach out to us at any time.

Original review: July 12, 2018

I was very pleased with my first purchase from Birch Gold. I was taught correct terms to use and the advantages and disadvantages of buying gold and/or silver. I learned pros and cons of coins vs bullion. It was a very positive experience. All the employees I worked with were courteous, professional, and helpful.

Birch Gold Group response

Hello Ms. Rittenhouse, thank you very much for sharing your experience. We're so happy to hear that you were pleased. We hope to be of more service in the future!

Original review: July 2, 2018

All the people I worked with at Birch have been knowledgeable, courteous, and professional. They have treated me a peer and a partner in the process. The rollover went smoothly and I look forward to a long and positive relationship with Birch as I head into my retirement years.

Birch Gold Group response

Hello Mr. Stock, we appreciate you sharing your experience! In the future, please know that we're always here as a resource and available to answer any questions that you may have, plus help you make any further transactions.

Original review: June 29, 2018

Throughout the entire transaction of closing out of my IRA to funding my new precious metals IRA the staff was professional, helpful and answered all my questions and concerns. I have already recommended Birch Gold Group to several relatives and friends.

Birch Gold Group response

Hello Heather, thank you very much for sharing your experience! We're happy that everything went well. Should you ever have any questions or would like to make any further transactions, please don't hesitate to be in touch.

Original review: June 25, 2018

I had multiple conversations with Jake over the past year. He understood my desire for protecting my accounts with precious metals. He was courteous and straight-forward honest about the current market and investment suggestions in light of pending volatility coming. I've been very pleased with our current experience with Birch Gold and Jake as a representative.

Birch Gold Group response

Hi Mr. Slaathaug, thank you for your nice review, we appreciate that. We'll be sure to pass on your thoughts to the team.

Original review: June 15, 2018

I was considering converting my IRA to a gold/silver account and was looking for a company that could do that when I found Birch. First I bought a few 90% silver coins that I put away for the future and then the gold IRA. Birch reps were very effective in transactions and very professional in dealing with my bank that held my IRA. They made it happen. Thanks.

Birch Gold Group response

Hello Mr. Parr, thank you very much for the nice thoughts, we're glad that we could help you out! If you ever have any questions or need anything else, we are always here.

Original review: June 12, 2018

Lana was very helpful in helping select the best metals for my investment. She was in touch throughout the entire process and made the entire transaction very easy. I would definitely recommend dealing with Birch Gold.

Birch Gold Group response

Hello Tom, thank you very much for sharing your experience, we'll be sure to pass along the thoughts to Lana and the rest of the team! If you ever need support or have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Original review: June 7, 2018

Really good! My background was very loud, with me being at work. Rich had to repeat himself often and was easy to understand when I was able to here. Thanks a bunch for putting me in control of my earnings.

Birch Gold Group response

Hello Wendoll, thank you very much for the nice words, we will share with Rich! Please let us know if we can be of more service in the future.

Original review: June 6, 2018

I had been looking into rolling my pension into a SDIRA. I was new to the idea and the process. With the declining state of the Central Banking System and watching other pensions evaporating, I was urgently looking to move mine into something with historical stability. I had tried to set something up with two other organizations, but never really had that 'warm & fuzzy' feeling that I was of importance to them. Having been the customer support manager for the Americas for a tech company, I have a firm belief in how a customer relationship should be created and maintained.

Thankfully, I found Michael ** and Tracie **, both at BitIRA.com. Tracie did a wonderful job explaining and carrying through with the IRA setup process and Michael proved equally adept with coordinating the fund assets rollover to precious metals (Birch Gold) and cryptocurrencies. I was kept up to date at every step of the way, with clear explanations for and followup throughout the entire transition. These two are people-centric, doing their company and partners proud!

Birch Gold Group response

Hello Scott, thank you very much for sharing your experience, we really appreciate it! We're very pleased that we could provide such a good experience. We hope to be of more service in the future -- please be in touch! And of course, should you ever have any questions, don't hesitate to contact us.

Original review: June 5, 2018

I really had no prior experience purchasing precious metals outside of purchasing 30 silver coins years ago. When I decided to roll over some 401K to precious metals, Birch made the process extremely easy. Not only were they very pleasant to work with but made me feel confident that I had picked the right group because of their knowledge. Thanks Birch for a very swift and efficient transfer of completion.

Birch Gold Group response

Hello Gary, thank you for your nice words, we are happy to have made the process a pleasant one for you! Should you have any questions or need any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Original review: June 1, 2018

I was looking to buy some silver or gold to stash away for a raining day. I thought Gorden was very forthright and I think I got a great deal. The product arrived in a timely manner and was as described. I will buy again in the future.

Birch Gold Group response

Hello Bob, thanks for sharing your experience, we're happy to hear that it went well. We'll be sure to pass your thoughts on to Gordon.

Original review: May 29, 2018

Jake explanation of what type of silver to buy and places where the silver could be stored at. Along with telling me that with a computer or laptop I could go online and check the status of the silver I have in Storage.

Birch Gold Group response

Hello Joseph, thanks for the nice review! We hope to be of more service in the future. Should you ever have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Original review: May 27, 2018

Half ounce American Eagle Gold Proof - I was apprised of the product in a previous purchase and kept it in mind for gifts to my grandchildren. My younger grandchildren have plenty of toys and the older grandchildren are difficult to buy for on their birthdays. Giving them gold would teach them a valuable lesson in saving and investing, while retaining and increasing value over time. Purchasing proofs would allow them to examine the coins without damaging them. The minimum purchase at the Birch Gold Group required that I purchase a number of coins at one time rather than one at a time; however, they retain their value and potentially would increase in value and I have five grandchildren.

Purchasing them locally proved difficult. They were not carried in inventory and the vendors showed little interest in ordering the coins. Two of the birthdays were rapidly approaching and I needed to have the purchase and shipping of the coins expedited. After explaining my situation to the Specialist assigned to me, funds were transferred, the order placed and the shipment arrived in a short amount of time. The coins arrived in individual containers suitable for gift giving. The coins were in perfect condition with certification of their quality. I am hoping to continue this practice and expect that acquiring their own "wealth" at a young age will make them feel special.

Birch Gold Group response

Hello Russell, we're pleased to hear that your experience was good, and hope that your grandchildren enjoy the coins!

Original review: May 25, 2018

I did not feel rushed or pressured into my choices for investment and I was well informed through every step of the process. It took several weeks to get my old IRA to release my funds for transfer to Birch, but once that was completed, Birch made the rest of the process smooth and seamless. Birch checked in with periodically through the process to keep me apprised of progress; enough frequency without being too intrusive.

Birch Gold Group response

Hello Brian, thank you for sharing your experience, we are pleased that you were happy with how it went! Should you have any questions in the future, please be in touch.

Original review: May 25, 2018

I first contacted your company reference information about purchasing gold and silver for investment and trade information. I spoke with your representative, James **. He was informative and provided me with the needed information I was looking for, and as a result, I contacted him to make some purchases over several months. At this time I have been happy with my purchases and will purchase again. James ** was professional and a great contact source, and I would not hesitate to make my purchases through him again.

Birch Gold Group response

Hello sir, thank you very much for sharing your experience, we appreciate that! If and when you're ready to make further purchases, we look forward to being of service.

Original review: May 19, 2018

Everyone I spoke with at the Birch Gold Group was Polite and Professional, The advice Recommended was clear and simply explained, The IRA was easy to Transfer To Silver. The Birch Group was always happy to walk me through the experience if I had questions.

Birch Gold Group response

Hello, thank you very much for sharing your experience, we appreciate that! We are glad to hear that we made the process easy for you.

Original review: April 6, 2018

Birch Gold was a good company to work with. I came to them several months ago about purchasing some American Gold Eagles, and over the course of the past few months we've discussed which other coins to purchase and also some other metals. The other week we finalized the purchase and then just the other day I received the package at my house. Was a smooth, easy experience.

Birch Gold Group response

Hello Robin, thank you very much for your review! We're glad that we could be of service and that you received your coins.

Original review: March 21, 2018

Definitely 5 stars to Birch Gold Group. Everyone there is very knowledgeable, friendly and patient. I spoke to a few other companies and it was night and day. I completed my purchase the other week and just received my metals. A very good all around experience, and a professional organization.

Birch Gold Group response

Hello Koby, thanks very much for the nice feedback, we appreciate it! Please be in touch should you like to make any further purchases.

Original review: March 9, 2018

The people at Birch Gold are excellent to work with. I had been following them for some time and reading there newsletter, which I found very useful. It took me a while to become fully comfortable but eventually I gave them a call to discuss more and decided to move forward. Sam was a very good person to work with. He explained everything in a lot of detail. Thanks very much! Susan was so nice to work with as well. Couldn't be happier. Thanks to everyone there.

Birch Gold Group response

Hello Darren, thank you very much for the nice words, we greatly appreciate it. We'll be sure to pass on to the team.

Original review: March 1, 2018

Extremely UNHELPFUL, especially dealing with Phillip **. Don't know about just selling/buying Gold or Silver, but when it comes to using them for an IRA - DON'T. Whomever you use for an IRA, they are suppose to represent you, not their company. They have a fiduciary responsibility to work for you. Birch Gold does NOT do that. At Birch Gold they looked at my account as their piggy bank. Mr. ** REFUSED to answer my questions in writing, except for the first time, and in that letter he out & outlied to me, stating that the value my Silver Canadian Twin Maple Leaf Coins were listed on my IRA account was inaccurate because the listing did not include the Premium the coins would draw when sold. I repeatedly asked where I could find this premium, all to no avail.

So I called another reputable buyer/seller today, and the quote I received was barely over the quote for 2 oz of Silver. No premium. But, for originally selling (they like to say "exchanging") these coins to me, Birch Gold made a profit of 42.40%. Their motto is "Our Experience Is Your Advantage," but that is patently false. They call you up, unsolicited, and tell you that a part of your portfolio is not performing well and you should sell ("exchange") that part of your portfolio for Silver Canadian Twin Maple Leaf Coins as it will be better for your IRA. Turns out they have the exclusive right to sell the Twin Maple Leaf Coins (google it), so they can charge a 40% sales commission. Maybe that is why they say there is a premium on the coins. If you are thinking of starting a Precious Metals IRA look for someone else!

Birch Gold Group Company Information