Call toll free
4.84/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Founded in 2003 and headquartered out of Burbank, California, Birch Gold Group prides themselves on educating their clients to help them make the best decision for safeguarding their savings, including in a retirement account. Their team of professionals has years of experience in the industry, and includes an in-house IRA Department as well as dozens of Precious Metal Specialists. Throughout the years, they have helped thousands of Americans move their IRA, 401(k) and other tax-advantaged retirement accounts out of stocks, bonds and mutual funds and into IRAs backed by physical gold and silver. It's for this reason that they pride themselves on being the Precious Metal IRA Specialists. Learn how to better protect your savings today by visiting BirchGold.com or calling one of their dedicated professionals.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

92 Birch Gold Group Consumer Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: June 8, 2019

I rolled over a portion of my 401K to a Precious Metal IRA with Birch Gold Group. The Team at Birch Gold Group made it clear what was to happen and the process was made clear and painless. I had several choices to make and Peter explained each choice clearly echoing many of the choices I had researched my self. I would recommend the Birch Gold Group to anyone interested in owning Precious Metals. The Team was professional, very knowledgeable, and pleasent, not an agressive sales demeanor.

Birch Gold Group response

Hello Mr. Glewwe, thank you for sharing your experience, we're thrilled to hear that we could make it such a good one for you! We hope that we can be of more service in the future, even if just to answer any questions that you may have. Please always feel free to reach out to us, we are here to help.

Get expert buying tips about Gold Dealers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 16, 2019

I recently went through a horrible experience in my marriage. I spoke with several representatives regarding this experience and to a man and a woman, they all sympathized and empathized with me and were all supportive. Supportive in not just words, but I’m actions which to me represented what a great culture Birch Gold has developed within their own company. It dawned on me that this was why I decided to partner with Birch Gold about 2 years ago to secure my financial future. It wasn’t just words, rather, it was ACTION!

Any other financial institution wouldn’t have paid any attention to my plight, but Birch Gold took an immediate interest in this plight and offered what I now know and always suspected was a human and personal interest in this plight and offered to help me in any way they could. This told me how real and human they are. I was NOT just another account number, but I was a real person to them and I can’t find the words to describe how much that meant to me as a person rather than just another account number. I can not recommend them more highly to anyone considering partnering with them for their financial and personal future. I want to specifically praise Stuart and Natalie and Cynthia for their empathy and support during this time of stress. Thank you, thank you and thank you again for your empathic support. Very sincerely, Martin

Birch Gold Group response

Hello Mr. Dourte, we're so happy to hear that we could make this as good an experience as possible for you, and we're thrilled that you found many of our customers to be of specific support. Please know that we're always here for you, so please be in touch if you ever have any questions about your purchase.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

I've always been interested in diversifying my portfolio to include precious metals. I heard about Birch Gold on a podcast and so I decided to call for an information kit. Since that time, I have become well informed through my conversations with Birch Gold agents/representatives and they handled setting up my account. My confidence regarding the purchase of precious metals has only increased because of Birch Gold knowledge of the markets. I highly recommend them if you are interested in learning more and eventually purchasing.

Birch Gold Group response

Hello Mr. Ibarra, thank you very much for sharing your experience with us, we are happy to hear that we could make it a good one. Please know that our knowledge is here as a resource for you whenever you'd like. If you have any questions on the precious metals markets or on your purchase, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

In response to my inquiry, I received a phone call from a representative seeking to understand what I was interested in doing with my investing and why I was looking into gold. Believing he could help me, I was provided materials on the program and told a service rep would contact me soon. Before that call, a customer service person helped me prepare the forms due to a rollover from my retirement account. They took all the info, prepared the forms, and took care of processing them after my signing. The service rep took an hour to really go over my goals, and discuss how the program could meet them through various precious metal purchases. Once my selection was firmed up, I got a confirmation email.

No one should have to worry about converting some or all of your investments or retirement funds into precious metals. Birch Gold Group carefully walks you through it step by step with competent counseling that also listens carefully for your goals. As you make your decisions, the reps act promptly to get the administrative side accomplished. My whole interaction from initial contact to finalized purchase took only a week, including the funds rollover. I had an excellent experience with the company and would highly recommend Birch Gold Group to anyone looking into precious metals, especially people unfamiliar with these assets and needing trustworthy guidance.

Birch Gold Group response

Hello Wes, thank you very much for the kind words and thorough description of your experience. We greatly appreciate it! We're so happy to hear that we could make this experience positive for you, and make you feel confident in your decision. We will be sure to share your thoughts with the team. Please remember, we are always here as a resource for you. Should you ever have any questions about your purchase, or to make additional purchases, please don't hesitate to call us.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

I did considerable due diligence before I invested with the Birch Gold group and my working with them has confirmed I made a great choice. The people there really understand customer service. The consultants are knowledgeable and are eager to discuss/answer any questions. I would specifically like to compliment Sheldon **. I have been impressed with his quickness and effort to respond. I have confidence in him. I trust his knowledge and experience. It has been a pleasure discussing current financial affairs with him. I will continue to increase my investments with Birch Gold. Birch Gold and the people I know there receive my highest recommendation.

Birch Gold Group response

Hello Andrew, we appreciate the kind words and recommendation, that means a lot to us. We will be sure to pass your thoughts on to Sheldon as well, he'll be very happy to hear how content that you are!

Please know that we are always here for you. Should you have any questions in the future about your purchase, please don't hesitate to pick up the phone and give us a call. We'll be happy to help!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Birch Gold Group?

Original review: July 2, 2019

Birch Gold talks a good game but I would never recommend them for purchasing gold or anything for that matter. The price they quoted me for proof American Gold eagles was $1,747.50 (spot at $1,445) at the same time another dealer quoted $1,661, and a third dealer $1,555.94. These prices were all quoted at the same time. Now it is surely clear why my summary is "Rip Off Artists." I'm only glad I shopped around and did not purchase with Birch.

In addition, their office FedExed the paperwork in order for me to sign up for a custodian. I don't know where they found the FAX number for my brokerage firm, but the paperwork that they filled out had the wrong number so when the custodian requested funds be transferred to them, the brokerage firm never received it. When I called the broker to ask about the delay, they said they had never received a request. So I was able to get the correct FAX number and give it to the custodian. That was delay #1.

Birch also told me that my particular brokerage firm would not wire or overnight funds for IRA accounts and that only regular mail was permissible. I did not understand all that but when there were even more delays in getting my money from the broker to the custodian, I discovered that these were the instructions Birch had filled out. So the money was sent by ordinary mail. When I inquired with my broker if this was indeed the case, they said they would have been happy to wire or overnight the funds. So Birch gave incorrect information. This was a huge Delay #2.

Since I do not regularly do these kind of transactions, I was not sharp enough to pick up on all the inaccuracies. And since I'd decided on a different metal specialist, it took me some time to figure out where the inaccurate information originated, i.e. the incorrect FAX number for my brokerage firm and the incorrect information about mailing instructions. So all in all, Birch Gold caused a huge delay in my transaction and since the price of gold has risen and delayed my purchase, has cost me financially, not just aggravation. I would not recommend Birch Gold to anyone.

Birch Gold Group response

Hello Ms. Yount, we're very sorry to hear that you were not pleased with your experience, as we make it a priority to try as hard as possible to ensure that each of our customers is satisfied – whether or not they end up buying from us. In your case, please know that we acted in good faith and tried to be communicative each step of the way.

In regards to the quote on the gold coins, while we usually beat our competitors on price, we don't always – it happens in business! (And, just because we weren't able to offer the best price, it certainly doesn't make us "rip off artists", as you stated.) In our industry, prices fluctuate throughout the day due to many factors, such as changes in spot prices, supply and demand, and inventory from our wholesalers. In your case, some combination of these factors made our quote to you higher than what you received from others.

In regards to the assistance from our IRA department – offered to our customers as a courtesy – we did our best to communicate with you each step of the way in order to provide context for what was going on in your unique case. We truly believe that there are justifiable explanations for everything that you cite. In any case, our actions clearly weren't enough, and for that we apologize.

If you would like to discuss any further, we'd be happy to do so – you can call us whenever you'd like. But if not, we wish you the best in the future.

Original review: June 12, 2019

I want everyone I have dealt with at Birch Gold Group that they were so easy to deal with. They were friendly and explained every step that would be taken. I really enjoyed Guy snd Susan. they always checked back with me to make sure I understood every process that was happening. You're a great group.

Birch Gold Group response

Ms. Prue, thank you very much for the nice words! We'll be sure to pass on to Guy, Susan and the rest of the team. And please feel free to be in touch in the future! We're always here to answer any questions that you may have.

Original review: May 30, 2019

My experience with Birch Gold Group was very enjoyable. They were all very knowledgeable. They helped and guided me through the process and answered all my questions in terms that I could understand. They handled my account in a very professional and timely manner and always stayed in contact with me. I would definitely recommend Birch Gold Group.

Birch Gold Group response

Mr. Loewe, thank you very much for sharing your experience, we're thrilled that we could make it a good one for you. We hope that we can be of more service in the future, please don't hesitate to contact us if you ever need anything or have any questions. We're always here to help however we can.

Original review: May 22, 2019

Birch Gold made it easy to transfer my current Ira to their gold IRA. I tried doing it with another firm and all they did was send me all the paperwork to fill out. Birch gold walk me through it all online and made the Investments that I wanted in the precious metals that I wanted. I would highly recommend them for anyone looking to make the change.

Birch Gold Group response

Hello Mr. Warren, we're so pleased that we could earn your business and make the experience for you so positive! Thank you for the feedback. We hope that we can be of more service in the future, please don't hesitate to contact us if you ever have any questions.

Original review: April 23, 2019

I've heard only good things about Birch Gold Group, and I was brand new to this type of investing when I contacted them. But they took the time to explain the in's and out's of this asset class, and made sure that I was comfortable every step of the way. I'm certainly excited to do business with them for the foreseeable future.

Birch Gold Group response

Hello Mr. Blunt, thank you so much for the nice review! We're thrilled that we could introduce you to precious metals in a fashion that you were comfortable with. We look forward to being of more service in the future, even if just to answer any questions about your purchase. Please be in touch!

Birch Gold Group Company Information