Call toll free
4.74/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Founded in 2003 and headquartered out of Burbank, California, Birch Gold Group prides themselves on educating their clients to help them make the best decision for safeguarding their savings, including in a retirement account. Their team of professionals has years of experience in the industry, and includes an in-house IRA Department as well as dozens of Precious Metal Specialists. Throughout the years, they have helped thousands of Americans move their IRA, 401(k) and other tax-advantaged retirement accounts out of stocks, bonds and mutual funds and into IRAs backed by physical gold and silver. It's for this reason that they pride themselves on being the Precious Metal IRA Specialists. Learn how to better protect your savings today by visiting BirchGold.com or calling one of their dedicated professionals.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

74 Birch Gold Group Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

Being a novice at precious metals for an IRA Roll-over, I tended to procrastinate my decisions in the process. The staff at Birch Gold never pressured me, but they did keep in touch all along the way to answer any questions that I may have had. When I finally did reach a decision, the process was very smooth and without any hard sales pitch.

Birch Gold Group response

Hello Mr. Touchet, thank you very much for sharing the kind words on your experience -- we're so glad that we could make it a good one. Should you ever require assistance, or have any questions about your IRA, please do not hesitate to call us. We are here to help you!

Get expert buying tips about Gold Dealers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

I've always been interested in diversifying my portfolio to include precious metals. I heard about Birch Gold on a podcast and so I decided to call for an information kit. Since that time, I have become well informed through my conversations with Birch Gold agents/representatives and they handled setting up my account. My confidence regarding the purchase of precious metals has only increased because of Birch Gold knowledge of the markets. I highly recommend them if you are interested in learning more and eventually purchasing.

Birch Gold Group response

Hello Mr. Ibarra, thank you very much for sharing your experience with us, we are happy to hear that we could make it a good one. Please know that our knowledge is here as a resource for you whenever you'd like. If you have any questions on the precious metals markets or on your purchase, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

In response to my inquiry, I received a phone call from a representative seeking to understand what I was interested in doing with my investing and why I was looking into gold. Believing he could help me, I was provided materials on the program and told a service rep would contact me soon. Before that call, a customer service person helped me prepare the forms due to a rollover from my retirement account. They took all the info, prepared the forms, and took care of processing them after my signing. The service rep took an hour to really go over my goals, and discuss how the program could meet them through various precious metal purchases. Once my selection was firmed up, I got a confirmation email.

No one should have to worry about converting some or all of your investments or retirement funds into precious metals. Birch Gold Group carefully walks you through it step by step with competent counseling that also listens carefully for your goals. As you make your decisions, the reps act promptly to get the administrative side accomplished. My whole interaction from initial contact to finalized purchase took only a week, including the funds rollover. I had an excellent experience with the company and would highly recommend Birch Gold Group to anyone looking into precious metals, especially people unfamiliar with these assets and needing trustworthy guidance.

Birch Gold Group response

Hello Wes, thank you very much for the kind words and thorough description of your experience. We greatly appreciate it! We're so happy to hear that we could make this experience positive for you, and make you feel confident in your decision. We will be sure to share your thoughts with the team. Please remember, we are always here as a resource for you. Should you ever have any questions about your purchase, or to make additional purchases, please don't hesitate to call us.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

I was impressed with the information given to me on gold and silver IRAs. Their staff took their time explaining which impressed me the most with rolling over my 401k to a IRA. I look forward to many years of doing business with Birch Gold. I would highly recommend Birch Gold to family and friends for their investments.

Birch Gold Group response

Hello Mr. Burdi, thank you for taking the time to share your experience, we appreciate it! We're so pleased to hear that we could make it a good one for you. In the future, should you have any questions about the purchase that you just made, or if you'd like to make any further purchases, please don't hesitate to contact us. We are here as a resource for you.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2018

A great response from the group. They were very professional. I would recommend this group to my friends and coworkers. Have a happy day. Let us make great investment today. I hope silver goes to its high level today. Gold is looking great.

Birch Gold Group response

Hello Mr. Newborn, we are glad that we could meet your expectations of professionalism, thank you! Should you refer any of your friends or coworkers to us, please ask them to tell us that you sent them. And, of course, we are always here to help you with your purchase.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Birch Gold Group?

Original review: Oct. 14, 2018

The Birch Gold Group employees do a great job assisting with the conversion of stock market-based IRA accounts to Precious Metal IRAs. I was impressed with the personal, hands-on approach provided each step of the conversion process.

Birch Gold Group response

Hi Mr. Turner, thank you for sharing your experience, we appreciate it! We're glad we could live up to your expectations. In the future, should you have any questions about your IRA or the metals in it, please don't hesitate to contact us. We are here as a resource.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

The Birch Representative was very helpful with explaining the difference between the metals and the different forms the metals come in. He walked me through the process of transferring my traditional IRA into a precious metals IRA from start to finish. The whole transaction was very smooth and painless.

Birch Gold Group response

Hello Mr. Scarcella, we appreciate the nice words -- we were happy to provide a pleasant experience! Should you need any assistance in the future on your recent purchase or for future ones, please be in touch.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

Do your due diligence. I wanted a gold IRA during the Obama years as I was concerned with the US dollar. I explained my concerns to the rep. We had a long conversation about this matter and the state of the economy, the US dollar, etc... In the end, the rep convinced me that buying proofs was the best way to go. I now know that purchasing proofs completely contradicted my concerns. They were not concerned with my interest, only their own. I was too trusting with the rep and should have done more research on what I was investing in. I have lost over 50% of my original investment. I would avoid doing business with this company.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

I did considerable due diligence before I invested with the Birch Gold group and my working with them has confirmed I made a great choice. The people there really understand customer service. The consultants are knowledgeable and are eager to discuss/answer any questions. I would specifically like to compliment Sheldon **. I have been impressed with his quickness and effort to respond. I have confidence in him. I trust his knowledge and experience. It has been a pleasure discussing current financial affairs with him. I will continue to increase my investments with Birch Gold. Birch Gold and the people I know there receive my highest recommendation.

Birch Gold Group response

Hello Andrew, we appreciate the kind words and recommendation, that means a lot to us. We will be sure to pass your thoughts on to Sheldon as well, he'll be very happy to hear how content that you are!

Please know that we are always here for you. Should you have any questions in the future about your purchase, please don't hesitate to pick up the phone and give us a call. We'll be happy to help!

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

I was impressed with the service I received. I appreciated the advice and recommendations I was given through James ** and Brock. It was a good experience all around and I expect that I will do business with you in the future. Thanks.

Birch Gold Group response

Hello Richard, thank you for the nice words, we appreciate it. We will be sure to share with James and Brock. In the future, should you have any questions about your purchase, or if you'd like to do more business, please be in touch.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

Being a first time client I was very apprehensive about venturing into 'unknown' territory (for me) but the gentleman, Richard, that I dealt with was very understanding and informative, answered all my questions, letting me know that there were no 'silly' questions. He made the whole experience pleasant and rewarding, would highly recommend Birch Gold to anyone.

Birch Gold Group response

Hello Ms. Buxton, thank you for your nice review, we appreciate it! We will be sure to pass your thoughts on to Richard, we're glad that he could put you at ease. We hope to be of more service in the future.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

I just purchased some silver and gold from Birch Gold group. My salesman was very professional and knowledgeable answering all of my questions. I have recommended Birch Gold group to my friends and family. All in all a very pleasurable experience.

Birch Gold Group response

Hello Mr. Munns, thank you for the kind words on your experience, we appreciate it! We will be sure to pass along to the team. Should you have any questions or need any further assistance with your purchase, please don't hesitate to call or email us. We'd be happy to help.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

I am very happy with birch service I had talked with chase before and did not like there high pressure sale way love yours Joseph mcneely

Birch Gold Group response

Hello Mr. Mcneely, we thank you for your nice words. We hope to be of more service in the future.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

In this case, as it is my first experience with them, or precious metals in this form, I can offer nothing for comparison. Additionally, I can not speak to any returns as of yet, but I'm hopeful for the future. What I can speak to is the easy of setting up the account. The initial purchase. And the customer service. On all these points The Birch Gold Group have exceeded all expectations. In a world where customer service seems like a by gone thing, passed forever to the ages of time, it is quite refreshing to find a company that actually takes care of their customers. In addition to the information package they sent me, they assigned a specialist to help answer any questions BEFORE I even opened an account. This team quickly returned my phone calls, answered any questions I had, and provided any additional information I requested very rapidly.

Then after I decided to go ahead with a purchase, the service continued in better stride. They continually provided me with updates as to the process and progress begins the scenes, handled all the transfer requirements, and provided constant tracking on the status of the funds location. As a military member with over 21 years of experience, followup is huge. Several times I had it on my calendar to followup on the statuses and before I could even call in they had already contacted me. That is extremely rare. Kinda eery, but much appreciated.

The purchase of the metals was easy and thorough. The representative contacted me and even though we had several issues to work through at first, entirely due to events on my end, they contacted me every time at our scheduled time. The conversation was very thorough lasting over 40 min, was absolutely no pressure, detailed, and at the end we came up with a strategy that I feel takes my best interest and goals in heart. It definitely wasn't a cookie cutter approach and was very tailored. I would recommend this service and company to anyone looking for this type of investment. If you read all of that and are still here, thanks, and best of luck!

Birch Gold Group response

Hello Chad, thank you very much for sharing your experience in such a thorough manner, we greatly appreciate that! We are happy to have given you a good experience, and hope to be of even more service in the future. We are always available to help you in the future, including to answer any questions about your purchase. Please feel free to be in touch whenever you would like.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

This was the best decision I could have made transferring my assets to Birch Gold. I am on heighten awareness when it comes to my money. I ponder over the decision to transfer money from an existing account to Birch Gold. After meeting and talking to David, he eased my uncertainty. He connected me with Tracie who patiently helped me through a very challenging moment. I would not be with Birch Gold had not for the expertise of both David and Tracie. Thank you so much for your knowledge.

Birch Gold Group response

Hello Brenda, we appreciate you sharing your experience, and we're so pleased to hear that it was an excellent one. We'll be sure to pass this along to David and Tracie. We hope we can be of further service in the future. And should you ever have any questions about your purchase, please reach out to us -- we'll be happy to help.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

Not too long ago I had determined I wanted to purchase metals and heard of Birch Gold Group online and decided to reach out. Based on the information I had received, in addition to my desire to obtain some metals, led me to determine I wanted to buy. I was happy with the coordination and sale with Birch Gold Group and will do business again if I ever need more metals.

Birch Gold Group response

Hello Joseph, we're happy that you had a good experience. If you're ever ready to buy more, we are here for you. Until then, should you have any questions about your first purchase, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

The transition from existing/traditional investment vehicles to Birch Gold couldn’t have gone smoother. White Glove treatment for sure! Thanks everyone!

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

When I first looked into buying Gold and silver I wasn't sure about how it worked or what I needed to do. The people at Birch Gold walk me through all the steps to change my IRA into gold and precious metals. I want to thank them for such a great job and hope that other people would see what needs to be done with their IRA is to protect their money too. Great job at Birch Gold. I really appreciate everything that they've done in the work that they keep on doing for me. They keep me well informed with every move that I need to make. Thanks again with the team at Birch Gold.

Birch Gold Group response

Hello John, we appreciate your kind words! We're happy that we made the process easy for you, and earned your satisfaction.

In the future, should you have any questions about your account or need any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

From the moment I made contact with the Birch Gold Group I felt comfortable. David ** was very professional, answered all my questions, I could tell that he knew what he was talking about and had facts to back it up with. Natalie ** was very pleasant to talk to and instilled confidence that I was working with a company I can trust. Thank you. I look forward to a great relationship with the Birch Gold Group.

Birch Gold Group response

Hello Mr. Eglin, thank you very much for sharing your experience, we are so pleased to hear that you are satisfied. We will be sure to pass your sentiments on to the team. In the future, should you ever need anything or have any questions, please don't hesitate to be in touch.

Original review: July 31, 2018

I recently purchased some gold and silver from Birch gold group, and had the pleasure of working with Sam and Guy. Both gentlemen were friendly and easy to get a hold of, NO HIGH PRESSURE. They walked me through step by step. Everything went just as smoothly as I was told. I am very pleased with my purchase and will buy from them again! Thanks, Sam and Guy.

Birch Gold Group response

Hello Jama, thank you for the nice review, we are glad to have earned your trust and that the transaction went smoothly. Should you need anything in the future, or have any questions at all, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Original review: July 14, 2018

When I began a conversation with Birch Gold Group, they were very informative and knowledgeable, answering my questions and allaying any fears I had about investing in gold and silver. Once I was comfortable moving some accounts into an IRA, they handled everything professionally and the process was very smooth and satisfying.

Birch Gold Group response

Hello Mr Wescott, thank you for the nice review, we greatly appreciate it! We hope to be of more service in the future. Please don't hesitate to reach out to us at any time.

Original review: July 12, 2018

I was very pleased with my first purchase from Birch Gold. I was taught correct terms to use and the advantages and disadvantages of buying gold and/or silver. I learned pros and cons of coins vs bullion. It was a very positive experience. All the employees I worked with were courteous, professional, and helpful.

Birch Gold Group response

Hello Ms. Rittenhouse, thank you very much for sharing your experience. We're so happy to hear that you were pleased. We hope to be of more service in the future!

Original review: July 2, 2018

All the people I worked with at Birch have been knowledgeable, courteous, and professional. They have treated me a peer and a partner in the process. The rollover went smoothly and I look forward to a long and positive relationship with Birch as I head into my retirement years.

Birch Gold Group response

Hello Mr. Stock, we appreciate you sharing your experience! In the future, please know that we're always here as a resource and available to answer any questions that you may have, plus help you make any further transactions.

Original review: June 29, 2018

Throughout the entire transaction of closing out of my IRA to funding my new precious metals IRA the staff was professional, helpful and answered all my questions and concerns. I have already recommended Birch Gold Group to several relatives and friends.

Birch Gold Group response

Hello Heather, thank you very much for sharing your experience! We're happy that everything went well. Should you ever have any questions or would like to make any further transactions, please don't hesitate to be in touch.

Original review: June 25, 2018

I had multiple conversations with Jake over the past year. He understood my desire for protecting my accounts with precious metals. He was courteous and straight-forward honest about the current market and investment suggestions in light of pending volatility coming. I've been very pleased with our current experience with Birch Gold and Jake as a representative.

Birch Gold Group response

Hi Mr. Slaathaug, thank you for your nice review, we appreciate that. We'll be sure to pass on your thoughts to the team.

Original review: June 15, 2018

I was considering converting my IRA to a gold/silver account and was looking for a company that could do that when I found Birch. First I bought a few 90% silver coins that I put away for the future and then the gold IRA. Birch reps were very effective in transactions and very professional in dealing with my bank that held my IRA. They made it happen. Thanks.

Birch Gold Group response

Hello Mr. Parr, thank you very much for the nice thoughts, we're glad that we could help you out! If you ever have any questions or need anything else, we are always here.

Original review: June 12, 2018

Lana was very helpful in helping select the best metals for my investment. She was in touch throughout the entire process and made the entire transaction very easy. I would definitely recommend dealing with Birch Gold.

Birch Gold Group response

Hello Tom, thank you very much for sharing your experience, we'll be sure to pass along the thoughts to Lana and the rest of the team! If you ever need support or have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Original review: June 7, 2018

Really good! My background was very loud, with me being at work. Rich had to repeat himself often and was easy to understand when I was able to here. Thanks a bunch for putting me in control of my earnings.

Birch Gold Group response

Hello Wendoll, thank you very much for the nice words, we will share with Rich! Please let us know if we can be of more service in the future.

Original review: June 6, 2018

I had been looking into rolling my pension into a SDIRA. I was new to the idea and the process. With the declining state of the Central Banking System and watching other pensions evaporating, I was urgently looking to move mine into something with historical stability. I had tried to set something up with two other organizations, but never really had that 'warm & fuzzy' feeling that I was of importance to them. Having been the customer support manager for the Americas for a tech company, I have a firm belief in how a customer relationship should be created and maintained.

Thankfully, I found Michael ** and Tracie **, both at BitIRA.com. Tracie did a wonderful job explaining and carrying through with the IRA setup process and Michael proved equally adept with coordinating the fund assets rollover to precious metals (Birch Gold) and cryptocurrencies. I was kept up to date at every step of the way, with clear explanations for and followup throughout the entire transition. These two are people-centric, doing their company and partners proud!

Birch Gold Group response

Hello Scott, thank you very much for sharing your experience, we really appreciate it! We're very pleased that we could provide such a good experience. We hope to be of more service in the future -- please be in touch! And of course, should you ever have any questions, don't hesitate to contact us.

Original review: June 5, 2018

I really had no prior experience purchasing precious metals outside of purchasing 30 silver coins years ago. When I decided to roll over some 401K to precious metals, Birch made the process extremely easy. Not only were they very pleasant to work with but made me feel confident that I had picked the right group because of their knowledge. Thanks Birch for a very swift and efficient transfer of completion.

Birch Gold Group response

Hello Gary, thank you for your nice words, we are happy to have made the process a pleasant one for you! Should you have any questions or need any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Birch Gold Group Company Information