It's that easy Get a Free Quote
4.85/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Founded in 2003 and headquartered out of Burbank, California, Birch Gold Group prides themselves on educating their clients to help them make the best decision for safeguarding their savings, including in a retirement account. Their team of professionals has years of experience in the industry, and includes an in-house IRA Department as well as dozens of Precious Metal Specialists. Throughout the years, they have helped thousands of Americans move their IRA, 401(k) and other tax-advantaged retirement accounts out of stocks, bonds and mutual funds and into IRAs backed by physical gold and silver. It's for this reason that they pride themselves on being the Precious Metal IRA Specialists. Learn how to better protect your savings today by visiting BirchGold.com or calling one of their dedicated professionals.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

Birch Gold Group Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Sept. 23, 2019

My wife and I had been looking into investing in gold for a while. We did a little research online and were impressed by the many excellent reviews on Birch Gold. After we decided to give The Birch Gold Group a try, they didn't disappoint. The whole process was painless and quite enjoyable. We learned a lot through it all. Their communication skills are outstanding! It was a pleasure discussing the different ways to invest in precious metals with Chris. He was very professional, friendly and patient. Everyone we talked to including Alec and Natalie were extremely helpful. We know The Birch Gold Group will be there whenever we need them and look forward to a long and prosperous relationship.

Birch Gold Group response

Mr. Pellegrino, thank you very much for the nice review, we are thrilled that you and your wife are so satisfied with your experience! We will be sure to pass on all of your thoughts to Chris, Alec and Natalie. And we too look forward to a long relationship. Please know that we are always here as a resource to you, to help out with any future transactions or to simply answer any questions that you have. If you ever have a question about your purchase, please don't hesitate to reach out to us.

Get expert buying tips about Gold Dealers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2019

The service I received from the several staff members I spoke with or emailed with at Birch Gold Group was second-to-none. They obviously care so much about customer satisfaction or they would not put such caring, knowledgeable people for us to work with. For getting your old 401k rolled over into a precious metals-based 401k, you can't do better than Birch Gold Group!

Birch Gold Group response

Mr. Lein, we're so happy to hear that your experience working with us was so positive. Thank you for the nice review! We hope that we can be of more service in the future. Should you ever have any questions about your purchase, we're always here to help. You can always feel free to reach back out to us.

Original review: June 8, 2019

I rolled over a portion of my 401K to a Precious Metal IRA with Birch Gold Group. The Team at Birch Gold Group made it clear what was to happen and the process was made clear and painless. I had several choices to make and Peter explained each choice clearly echoing many of the choices I had researched my self. I would recommend the Birch Gold Group to anyone interested in owning Precious Metals. The Team was professional, very knowledgeable, and pleasent, not an agressive sales demeanor.

Birch Gold Group response

Hello Mr. Glewwe, thank you for sharing your experience, we're thrilled to hear that we could make it such a good one for you! We hope that we can be of more service in the future, even if just to answer any questions that you may have. Please always feel free to reach out to us, we are here to help.

Original review: April 16, 2019

I recently went through a horrible experience in my marriage. I spoke with several representatives regarding this experience and to a man and a woman, they all sympathized and empathized with me and were all supportive. Supportive in not just words, but I’m actions which to me represented what a great culture Birch Gold has developed within their own company. It dawned on me that this was why I decided to partner with Birch Gold about 2 years ago to secure my financial future. It wasn’t just words, rather, it was ACTION!

Any other financial institution wouldn’t have paid any attention to my plight, but Birch Gold took an immediate interest in this plight and offered what I now know and always suspected was a human and personal interest in this plight and offered to help me in any way they could. This told me how real and human they are. I was NOT just another account number, but I was a real person to them and I can’t find the words to describe how much that meant to me as a person rather than just another account number. I can not recommend them more highly to anyone considering partnering with them for their financial and personal future. I want to specifically praise Stuart and Natalie and Cynthia for their empathy and support during this time of stress. Thank you, thank you and thank you again for your empathic support. Very sincerely, Martin

Birch Gold Group response

Hello Mr. Dourte, we're so happy to hear that we could make this as good an experience as possible for you, and we're thrilled that you found many of our customers to be of specific support. Please know that we're always here for you, so please be in touch if you ever have any questions about your purchase.

Original review: March 22, 2019

This was my first experience purchasing precious metals. Samuel and Brock were the two men who assisted me through the entire process. Both were very well educated in their job and very helpful. As a first timer all my concerns were answered, and I feel confident I made a great investment. They focused on my needs and their advice was oriented around my particular situation. It was all for my benefit. I was taken seriously, treated respectfully, and I honestly enjoyed the whole experience! It was fun to work with them and I learned a lot. You will have no regrets when working with Birch Gold Group. I have no reason to look for a different provider in precious metals. I will always recommend these guys! I will be a future and loyal customer. Thanks Sam and Brock for the experience! You guys rock!

Birch Gold Group response

Hello Mr. Bertoldo, we appreciate you taking the time to write this review, we're so happy to have earned it. We will pass your thoughts along to Samuel and Brock. In the future, please be in touch! We're happy to help with any further needs, even if to answer any questions about this most recent purchase.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Birch Gold Group?

Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

Quality company, excellent customer service, answered all my questions thoroughly, not too pushy. Found out about Birch Gold Group through YouTube AMTV and Ben Shapiro great advice on what to do and not to do. I feel safe and secure with the future of my investment in their hands.

Birch Gold Group response

Hello Mr. Salmieri, thank you very much for sharing your experience, we're so happy to know that we could make it a good one for you! We hope to be of more assistance in the future, for anything that you may need, even if to just answer some questions about this purchase. Please be in touch.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2019

We are very pleased with staff and purchase. David ** was very informative and knowledgeable and was able to direct us to the purchase that was right for us. Susan **, was extremely patient and helpful with us, in filling out forms and submitting them to the appropriate department. Thank you Birch Gold for your exceptional customer service.

Birch Gold Group response

Mr. Rios, thank you very much for the nice words! We're thrilled to hear that we could make the purchase process so pleasant for you. We'll be sure to share your thoughts with the team, and especially David and Susan. In the future, please know that we're always here as a resource! If you would like to purchase any more precious metals, or if you simply have questions about this order, we're always happy to talk.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2019

I had never purchased precious metals before. I researched several companies and decided that the Birch Gold Group would be the best one to go with. I was not wrong. They helped me make informed decisions from beginning to end. After ordering, the shipment arrived quickly and without issue. When I am ready to order again, you better believe that I will go with the Birch Gold Group.

Birch Gold Group response

Hello sir, thank you very much for the very nice words, we're thrilled to hear that we could make the process so good for you! When you're ready to order more, please be in touch.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2019

Natalie and James were extremely helpful guiding me through the transfer of my IRA funds. They are very knowledgeable and were very responsive to any questions that I had. Thanks again Natalie, James and the Birch Group for your effort and expertise. Regards, Frank

Birch Gold Group response

Hello Mr. Jones, thank you very much for the nice review! We're thrilled to hear that your experience was so positive. We hope that we can be of more service in the future. Should you wish to make any more purchases, or if you simply have some questions about this most recent purchase, please be in touch. We are here to help.

Original review: July 2, 2019

Birch Gold talks a good game but I would never recommend them for purchasing gold or anything for that matter. The price they quoted me for proof American Gold eagles was $1,747.50 (spot at $1,445) at the same time another dealer quoted $1,661, and a third dealer $1,555.94. These prices were all quoted at the same time. Now it is surely clear why my summary is "Rip Off Artists." I'm only glad I shopped around and did not purchase with Birch.

In addition, their office FedExed the paperwork in order for me to sign up for a custodian. I don't know where they found the FAX number for my brokerage firm, but the paperwork that they filled out had the wrong number so when the custodian requested funds be transferred to them, the brokerage firm never received it. When I called the broker to ask about the delay, they said they had never received a request. So I was able to get the correct FAX number and give it to the custodian. That was delay #1.

Birch also told me that my particular brokerage firm would not wire or overnight funds for IRA accounts and that only regular mail was permissible. I did not understand all that but when there were even more delays in getting my money from the broker to the custodian, I discovered that these were the instructions Birch had filled out. So the money was sent by ordinary mail. When I inquired with my broker if this was indeed the case, they said they would have been happy to wire or overnight the funds. So Birch gave incorrect information. This was a huge Delay #2.

Since I do not regularly do these kind of transactions, I was not sharp enough to pick up on all the inaccuracies. And since I'd decided on a different metal specialist, it took me some time to figure out where the inaccurate information originated, i.e. the incorrect FAX number for my brokerage firm and the incorrect information about mailing instructions. So all in all, Birch Gold caused a huge delay in my transaction and since the price of gold has risen and delayed my purchase, has cost me financially, not just aggravation. I would not recommend Birch Gold to anyone.

Birch Gold Group response

Hello Ms. Yount, we're very sorry to hear that you were not pleased with your experience, as we make it a priority to try as hard as possible to ensure that each of our customers is satisfied – whether or not they end up buying from us. In your case, please know that we acted in good faith and tried to be communicative each step of the way.

In regards to the quote on the gold coins, while we usually beat our competitors on price, we don't always – it happens in business! (And, just because we weren't able to offer the best price, it certainly doesn't make us "rip off artists", as you stated.) In our industry, prices fluctuate throughout the day due to many factors, such as changes in spot prices, supply and demand, and inventory from our wholesalers. In your case, some combination of these factors made our quote to you higher than what you received from others.

In regards to the assistance from our IRA department – offered to our customers as a courtesy – we did our best to communicate with you each step of the way in order to provide context for what was going on in your unique case. We truly believe that there are justifiable explanations for everything that you cite. In any case, our actions clearly weren't enough, and for that we apologize.

If you would like to discuss any further, we'd be happy to do so – you can call us whenever you'd like. But if not, we wish you the best in the future.

Birch Gold Group Company Information