Call toll free
4.88/5
Based on 38 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Founded in 2003 and headquartered out of Burbank, California, Birch Gold Group prides themselves on educating their clients to help them make the best decision for safeguarding their savings, including in a retirement account. Their team of professionals has years of experience in the industry, and includes an in-house IRA Department as well as dozens of Precious Metal Specialists. Throughout the years, they have helped thousands of Americans move their IRA, 401(k) and other tax-advantaged retirement accounts out of stocks, bonds and mutual funds and into IRAs backed by physical gold and silver. It's for this reason that they pride themselves on being the Precious Metal IRA Specialists. Learn how to better protect your savings today by visiting BirchGold.com or calling one of their dedicated professionals.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

54 Birch Gold Group Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 14, 2018

When I began a conversation with Birch Gold Group, they were very informative and knowledgeable, answering my questions and allaying any fears I had about investing in gold and silver. Once I was comfortable moving some accounts into an IRA, they handled everything professionally and the process was very smooth and satisfying.

Birch Gold Group response

Hello Mr Wescott, thank you for the nice review, we greatly appreciate it! We hope to be of more service in the future. Please don't hesitate to reach out to us at any time.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: July 12, 2018

I was very pleased with my first purchase from Birch Gold. I was taught correct terms to use and the advantages and disadvantages of buying gold and/or silver. I learned pros and cons of coins vs bullion. It was a very positive experience. All the employees I worked with were courteous, professional, and helpful.

Birch Gold Group response

Hello Ms. Rittenhouse, thank you very much for sharing your experience. We're so happy to hear that you were pleased. We hope to be of more service in the future!

Original review: July 2, 2018

All the people I worked with at Birch have been knowledgeable, courteous, and professional. They have treated me a peer and a partner in the process. The rollover went smoothly and I look forward to a long and positive relationship with Birch as I head into my retirement years.

Birch Gold Group response

Hello Mr. Stock, we appreciate you sharing your experience! In the future, please know that we're always here as a resource and available to answer any questions that you may have, plus help you make any further transactions.

Original review: June 29, 2018

Throughout the entire transaction of closing out of my IRA to funding my new precious metals IRA the staff was professional, helpful and answered all my questions and concerns. I have already recommended Birch Gold Group to several relatives and friends.

Birch Gold Group response

Hello Heather, thank you very much for sharing your experience! We're happy that everything went well. Should you ever have any questions or would like to make any further transactions, please don't hesitate to be in touch.

Original review: June 25, 2018

I had multiple conversations with Jake over the past year. He understood my desire for protecting my accounts with precious metals. He was courteous and straight-forward honest about the current market and investment suggestions in light of pending volatility coming. I've been very pleased with our current experience with Birch Gold and Jake as a representative.

Birch Gold Group response

Hi Mr. Slaathaug, thank you for your nice review, we appreciate that. We'll be sure to pass on your thoughts to the team.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Birch Gold Group?

Original review: June 15, 2018

I was considering converting my IRA to a gold/silver account and was looking for a company that could do that when I found Birch. First I bought a few 90% silver coins that I put away for the future and then the gold IRA. Birch reps were very effective in transactions and very professional in dealing with my bank that held my IRA. They made it happen. Thanks.

Birch Gold Group response

Hello Mr. Parr, thank you very much for the nice thoughts, we're glad that we could help you out! If you ever have any questions or need anything else, we are always here.

Original review: June 12, 2018

Lana was very helpful in helping select the best metals for my investment. She was in touch throughout the entire process and made the entire transaction very easy. I would definitely recommend dealing with Birch Gold.

Birch Gold Group response

Hello Tom, thank you very much for sharing your experience, we'll be sure to pass along the thoughts to Lana and the rest of the team! If you ever need support or have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Original review: June 7, 2018

Really good! My background was very loud, with me being at work. Rich had to repeat himself often and was easy to understand when I was able to here. Thanks a bunch for putting me in control of my earnings.

Birch Gold Group response

Hello Wendoll, thank you very much for the nice words, we will share with Rich! Please let us know if we can be of more service in the future.

Original review: June 6, 2018

I had been looking into rolling my pension into a SDIRA. I was new to the idea and the process. With the declining state of the Central Banking System and watching other pensions evaporating, I was urgently looking to move mine into something with historical stability. I had tried to set something up with two other organizations, but never really had that 'warm & fuzzy' feeling that I was of importance to them. Having been the customer support manager for the Americas for a tech company, I have a firm belief in how a customer relationship should be created and maintained.

Thankfully, I found Michael ** and Tracie **, both at BitIRA.com. Tracie did a wonderful job explaining and carrying through with the IRA setup process and Michael proved equally adept with coordinating the fund assets rollover to precious metals (Birch Gold) and cryptocurrencies. I was kept up to date at every step of the way, with clear explanations for and followup throughout the entire transition. These two are people-centric, doing their company and partners proud!

Birch Gold Group response

Hello Scott, thank you very much for sharing your experience, we really appreciate it! We're very pleased that we could provide such a good experience. We hope to be of more service in the future -- please be in touch! And of course, should you ever have any questions, don't hesitate to contact us.

Original review: June 5, 2018

I really had no prior experience purchasing precious metals outside of purchasing 30 silver coins years ago. When I decided to roll over some 401K to precious metals, Birch made the process extremely easy. Not only were they very pleasant to work with but made me feel confident that I had picked the right group because of their knowledge. Thanks Birch for a very swift and efficient transfer of completion.

Birch Gold Group response

Hello Gary, thank you for your nice words, we are happy to have made the process a pleasant one for you! Should you have any questions or need any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Original review: June 1, 2018

I was looking to buy some silver or gold to stash away for a raining day. I thought Gorden was very forthright and I think I got a great deal. The product arrived in a timely manner and was as described. I will buy again in the future.

Birch Gold Group response

Hello Bob, thanks for sharing your experience, we're happy to hear that it went well. We'll be sure to pass your thoughts on to Gordon.

Original review: May 29, 2018

Jake explanation of what type of silver to buy and places where the silver could be stored at. Along with telling me that with a computer or laptop I could go online and check the status of the silver I have in Storage.

Birch Gold Group response

Hello Joseph, thanks for the nice review! We hope to be of more service in the future. Should you ever have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Original review: May 27, 2018

Half ounce American Eagle Gold Proof - I was apprised of the product in a previous purchase and kept it in mind for gifts to my grandchildren. My younger grandchildren have plenty of toys and the older grandchildren are difficult to buy for on their birthdays. Giving them gold would teach them a valuable lesson in saving and investing, while retaining and increasing value over time. Purchasing proofs would allow them to examine the coins without damaging them. The minimum purchase at the Birch Gold Group required that I purchase a number of coins at one time rather than one at a time; however, they retain their value and potentially would increase in value and I have five grandchildren.

Purchasing them locally proved difficult. They were not carried in inventory and the vendors showed little interest in ordering the coins. Two of the birthdays were rapidly approaching and I needed to have the purchase and shipping of the coins expedited. After explaining my situation to the Specialist assigned to me, funds were transferred, the order placed and the shipment arrived in a short amount of time. The coins arrived in individual containers suitable for gift giving. The coins were in perfect condition with certification of their quality. I am hoping to continue this practice and expect that acquiring their own "wealth" at a young age will make them feel special.

Birch Gold Group response

Hello Russell, we're pleased to hear that your experience was good, and hope that your grandchildren enjoy the coins!

Original review: May 25, 2018

I did not feel rushed or pressured into my choices for investment and I was well informed through every step of the process. It took several weeks to get my old IRA to release my funds for transfer to Birch, but once that was completed, Birch made the rest of the process smooth and seamless. Birch checked in with periodically through the process to keep me apprised of progress; enough frequency without being too intrusive.

Birch Gold Group response

Hello Brian, thank you for sharing your experience, we are pleased that you were happy with how it went! Should you have any questions in the future, please be in touch.

Original review: May 25, 2018

I first contacted your company reference information about purchasing gold and silver for investment and trade information. I spoke with your representative, James **. He was informative and provided me with the needed information I was looking for, and as a result, I contacted him to make some purchases over several months. At this time I have been happy with my purchases and will purchase again. James ** was professional and a great contact source, and I would not hesitate to make my purchases through him again.

Birch Gold Group response

Hello sir, thank you very much for sharing your experience, we appreciate that! If and when you're ready to make further purchases, we look forward to being of service.

Original review: May 19, 2018

Everyone I spoke with at the Birch Gold Group was Polite and Professional, The advice Recommended was clear and simply explained, The IRA was easy to Transfer To Silver. The Birch Group was always happy to walk me through the experience if I had questions.

Birch Gold Group response

Hello, thank you very much for sharing your experience, we appreciate that! We are glad to hear that we made the process easy for you.

Original review: April 6, 2018

Birch Gold was a good company to work with. I came to them several months ago about purchasing some American Gold Eagles, and over the course of the past few months we've discussed which other coins to purchase and also some other metals. The other week we finalized the purchase and then just the other day I received the package at my house. Was a smooth, easy experience.

Birch Gold Group response

Hello Robin, thank you very much for your review! We're glad that we could be of service and that you received your coins.

Original review: March 21, 2018

Definitely 5 stars to Birch Gold Group. Everyone there is very knowledgeable, friendly and patient. I spoke to a few other companies and it was night and day. I completed my purchase the other week and just received my metals. A very good all around experience, and a professional organization.

Birch Gold Group response

Hello Koby, thanks very much for the nice feedback, we appreciate it! Please be in touch should you like to make any further purchases.

Original review: March 9, 2018

The people at Birch Gold are excellent to work with. I had been following them for some time and reading there newsletter, which I found very useful. It took me a while to become fully comfortable but eventually I gave them a call to discuss more and decided to move forward. Sam was a very good person to work with. He explained everything in a lot of detail. Thanks very much! Susan was so nice to work with as well. Couldn't be happier. Thanks to everyone there.

Birch Gold Group response

Hello Darren, thank you very much for the nice words, we greatly appreciate it. We'll be sure to pass on to the team.

Original review: March 1, 2018

Extremely UNHELPFUL, especially dealing with Phillip **. Don't know about just selling/buying Gold or Silver, but when it comes to using them for an IRA - DON'T. Whomever you use for an IRA, they are suppose to represent you, not their company. They have a fiduciary responsibility to work for you. Birch Gold does NOT do that. At Birch Gold they looked at my account as their piggy bank. Mr. ** REFUSED to answer my questions in writing, except for the first time, and in that letter he out & outlied to me, stating that the value my Silver Canadian Twin Maple Leaf Coins were listed on my IRA account was inaccurate because the listing did not include the Premium the coins would draw when sold. I repeatedly asked where I could find this premium, all to no avail.

So I called another reputable buyer/seller today, and the quote I received was barely over the quote for 2 oz of Silver. No premium. But, for originally selling (they like to say "exchanging") these coins to me, Birch Gold made a profit of 42.40%. Their motto is "Our Experience Is Your Advantage," but that is patently false. They call you up, unsolicited, and tell you that a part of your portfolio is not performing well and you should sell ("exchange") that part of your portfolio for Silver Canadian Twin Maple Leaf Coins as it will be better for your IRA. Turns out they have the exclusive right to sell the Twin Maple Leaf Coins (google it), so they can charge a 40% sales commission. Maybe that is why they say there is a premium on the coins. If you are thinking of starting a Precious Metals IRA look for someone else!

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

Big thanks to the guys at Birch for their work in helping me with my gold IRA. All were helpful across the board, especially Jack. Very nice guy, and very eager to make sure I was comfortable with the whole process. I'd highly recommend these guys for anyone considering a gold IRA.

Birch Gold Group response

Hi Darren, thank you very much, we appreciate the nice words. We hope to be of further help in the future.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

The people at Birch get 5 stars from me for excellent and attentive service. I worked with them for several weeks on my IRA conversion and was very satisfied with the process, from start to end. Special thanks to Sam for being so patient, I know that I asked a lot of questions and didn't always make the fastest decisions! Overall, an excellent experience.

Birch Gold Group response

Hi Brad, thank you for the nice review, we're glad to have made the process easy for you. Hope to be of further help in the future.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

Knowledgeable staff, easy to work with, very friendly -- 5 stars! Thank you to Birch for making everything really easy. They took the time to explain the process, and were patient when my old IRA was a pain to work with. I don't know if I would have had the patience to deal with those other guys. But Susan was really great, and finally after a few weeks everything is complete. Happy to be done!

Birch Gold Group response

Hey Bryan, thank you for the nice review! We will share with the team, and especially with Susan.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

Very pleased with my experience. For the past few years I've been thinking about buying gold for some of my IRA. I had been talking to a few companies but was never ready to make the move. Finally a few months ago I decided it was time. After talking to the companies a bit more, I settled on Birch. I was most comfortable talking to them. Once we started the process, it was very smooth, they communicated each step of the way. A few weeks ago they told me that my coins had arrived at the depository. All is in order. Would highly recommend these guys.

Birch Gold Group response

Hello Naja, thanks so much for sharing your experience! We're happy to hear that we were able to make the process easy for you. We're here if you'd ever like anything else in the future.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

I never dealt with precious metals before so naturally I had a few concerns. Luckily I had Stuart ** to guide me through the process. Stuart was very patient to all my questions and very informative. Great rates and great customer service. That is what I was looking for and that is what I got.

Birch Gold Group response

Hello Eliahu, thank you very much for your nice words! We're happy to hear that we could help put you at ease throughout the process, and will be sure to pass along to Stuart. If we can be of service in the future, please don't hesitate to reach back out to us.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

I was pretty nervous when I went to buy gold with a company because I had heard some negative stories out there. But the Birch Gold Group was extremely easy to work with, very reputable folks, made me feel good about what I was doing. Glad I bought with them! if you're thinking of buying, you should strongly consider them. I'm glad that I did. Thank you.

Birch Gold Group response

Hello, thanks very much for your review, it means a lot to us that we could earn your trust. We hope to be of help in the future.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

Thanks to Guy at Birch Gold Group for helping me buy gold for my IRA. This was something that had been on my mind for a while but never got around to pulling the trigger. Guy was very helpful, all along the way. I knew most of what I wanted to do and how it was done but he helped me in the areas that I was not as sure about. He also connected me with Natalie, who helped to get my IRA funds from Fidelity to the new company for gold. Thanks very much to her as well, she was very nice to work with!

Birch Gold Group response

Hi Diane, thank you very much for the review! We love the feedback, and will be sure to share your appreciation with everyone here. Hope to be in touch in the future!

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

I used Birch Gold to buy silver for my retirement account and was very pleased with the transaction. Jay helped me understand all of my options and was patient. I had a lot of questions but he did not seem to mind. Now that it's all complete I can say that it was pleasant to work with them. If I want to buy more in the future I'll be sure to go through them.

Birch Gold Group response

Hello, thank you very much for the nice review! We're pleased to hear that you were satisfied with how the process went, and look forward to being of more service in the future. Please be in touch.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2017

Changing 401K to Gold and Silver - My experience with Birch Gold was the best experience I have ever had with a company. All the people I that I worked with were so professional and had the best manners. They made my change so worry-free and made me feel comfortable with the decision that I made. I would highly recommend Birch Gold Group to anyone wanting to save money. Thanks.

Birch Gold Group response

Hi Glynda, we thank you for the kind words! It's heartening for us to hear that we put you at comfort during the process. That's the type of service that we strive for.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

Birch Gold was a very good company to work with. I've bought some silver in the past, and found them when I started to look into options for buying some silver for my IRA. I did my research, and they stood out for me above other companies. Once I started to speak to them, it was clear why. They are very easy to work with, very efficient, and know exactly what they are doing. Susan was also very helpful in getting my IRA set up for the silver.

Birch Gold Group response

Hello Cindy, thanks very much for your review! Happy to hear that we stood out after doing your due diligence. We'll be sure to share with the office, and especially Susan.

Birch Gold Group Company Information