2. Finance
  3. Gold Dealers
Accredited Partner

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.84/5

Founded in 2003 and headquartered out of Burbank, California, Birch Gold Group prides itself on educating its customers to help them diversify their savings, including within a retirement account. Its team of professionals has years of experience in the industry, and includes an in-house IRA Department as well as dozens of Precious Metal Specialists. Throughout the years, the company has helped thousands of Americans move their IRA, 401(k) and other tax-advantaged retirement accounts out of stocks, bonds and mutual funds and into IRAs backed by physical gold and silver. It's for this reason that they pride themselves on being the Precious Metal IRA Specialists. Learn how to better protect your savings today by visiting BirchGold.com or calling one of their dedicated professionals.

Gold and other precious metal IRAs are an investment and carry risk. Consumers should be alert to claims that customers can make a lot of money in these or any investment with little risk. As with any investment, you can lose money and past performance is not a guarantee of future performance results. Consumers should also obtain a clear understanding of the fees associated with any investment before agreeing to invest.

Birch Gold Group Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Birch Gold Group?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Birch Gold Group?

Original review: July 24, 2020

I didn't completely understand how buying gold and silver worked, but Jake was awesome to work with and he made my experience very simple and easy to understand. I would definitely recommend Birch Gold to friends and family, especially with this uncertain time.

Birch Gold Group response

Ms. Lisa **, we appreciate you taking the time to write about your positive experience with our company. We will be sure to pass your thoughts on to Jake and the rest of the team here. In the future, should you wish to make more purchases or need support with this past one, we are here to be a resource. Please don't hesitate to contact us at any time.

Get buying tips about Gold Dealers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 7, 2020

I bought from the Birch Gold group a few months ago for my IRA. In my opinion, they are an excellent organization, the cream of the crop. Mr. Gordon ** could not have been a nicer person to deal with. He was attentive to my needs and did not let a question go unanswered. I am also grateful for the work of Ms. Susan **. She helped with the rollover process, especially with much of the paperwork that I could not have done on my own. A great team effort all the way around.

Birch Gold Group response

Mr. Daniel **, thank you for sharing your experience and for the very nice words. We're thrilled to hear that you were so satisfied, and we'll be sure to pass your thoughts on to Gordon and Susan. Please be in touch in the future! We'll be happy to help however we can.

Original review: May 27, 2020

Birch Gold Group has an outstanding customer service team. From the moment I decided to do business with them and called they handled my inquiring like absolute professionals. Kept me updated on a daily basis and beyond that they assisted with all necessary actions. They also have on site market and precious metals experts that helped with my questions regarding my money and what it purchased, which was the most important factor for me. Truly a quality company that prioritizes excellent customer service. I highly recommend doing business with them.

Birch Gold Group response

Hello Ms. Angel **, we're thrilled to read about how well your experience was with us, thank you for taking the time to do so! Everything that you describe is what we strive to do with each of our customers. Again, thank you, and please be in touch if you ever need anything in the future. We are always here to help!

Original review: Feb. 12, 2020

I was referred to Birch gold by a friend of mine that sent me a link to their website. I filled out the information it asked for and within a few minutes I received a phone call from Sheldon and after a brief q&a session about what I had and what I wanted to do, I felt very comfortable about the options I had and the choices I needed to make. This was my introduction to moving money of any sort on my own and was cautious about the what and where aspects of making this kind of transaction. At no time did I ever feel pressured or swayed one way or another but instead, I was given all the details of my options and asked what I felt would be best for my investment. Everyone I’ve dealt with here has been extremely helpful and very knowledgeable about what they do. I would recommend them to anyone looking to maximize their investment. My experience with them has been first rate from day one.

Birch Gold Group response

Hello Mr. Torrey **, we thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We're so thrilled to hear that we could make it a good one for you. We'll be sure to pass your thoughts on to Sheldon and the rest of the team.

Please be in touch in the future. If you ever have any questions about your purchase, we are always here as a resource.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2020

In 2018, my husband and I considered the possibility of purchasing/investing in precious metals; however, being novices, we were a little hesitant never having done this before. After reading write-ups/ratings on several different precious-metal companies, we decided to deal with Birch Gold Group. We knew absolutely nothing about what to do, what to purchase, how things work, etc. etc. etc. We were fortunate enough to work with Stuart at BGG, who was extremely knowledgeable and informative. He spent time answering our questions and explaining the process in detail. By the end of our purchase, we actually felt like we knew what we were doing and have since made two additional purchases. We would highly recommend BGG and Stuart to anyone considering investing in precious metals.

Birch Gold Group response

Hello Ms. Donna **, we're thrilled to hear that we could earn your trust and business. That means the world to us! We'll be sure to pass your kind thoughts on to Stuart and the rest of the team. We hope to be of even more service in the future. You know where to find us!

Original review: Aug. 27, 2020

I would like to take the time to thank Gordon and the team at Birch Gold Group for their excellent customer service. I was a first time precious metal buyer and they made me feel comfortable every step of the way.

Hi Keith,

We appreciate you taking the time to voice your experience online with others. It’s important that our customers are comforted every step of the way and we are happy that Gordon and our team provided you with the utmost customer service in order to make you feel that way. We’ll be sure to share this with the team to let them know to keep up the amazing work.

We wish you all the best and please feel free to call our office if you ever have any questions. Thank you!

Original review: July 25, 2020

I hesitated to buy metal forever, but even an idiot would realize that fiat currency is essentially worthless. I was provided with purchase options based on availability. My first purchase arrived on time, the second about six weeks early, and I'm confident that the third will arrive as promised.

Birch Gold Group response

Mr. Garrett **, thank you for your review! We're happy to hear that you are satisfied with the smooth purchasing process and that we've earned your trust over several of them. We hope to work with you more in the future! Please know that we are always here for anything you need, including to help out with any of these prior purchases.

Original review: July 9, 2020

100% these are the go-to guys for precious metals. I've bought from them three times now and it has always been a good experience. It's a well-oiled machine over there! I look forward to working with them more in the future. You should ask for Steve.

Birch Gold Group response

Mr. Garret **, thanks very much for sharing your experience and being such a loyal customer! We look forward to serving you more in the future.

Original review: July 2, 2020

Birch Gold Group response

Mr. Dean **, thank you very much for the nice words, it has been a pleasure to serve you over the years. We'll be sure to pass on your thoughts to Steve and the rest of the team. And of course we look forward to helping you more in the future!

Original review: June 4, 2020

Birch Gold is an honorable company to work with. We never felt pushed into anything, just given the straight facts. Between our two IRAs and one TSP, there was a lot to consider. They let us choose on our own terms and at our own pace. We owe a debt of gratitude to Jeremy, Rod, and Natalie.

Birch Gold Group response

Mr. Amar **, thank you for the kind words, we appreciate that very much! We're always happy to know that our customers had the experience that we strive to give them. We'll be sure to pass your thoughts onto the team.

Birch Gold Group Company Information