5.00/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

Birch Gold Group

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Founded in 2003 and headquartered out of Burbank, California, Birch Gold Group prides themselves on educating their clients to help them make the best decision for safeguarding their savings, including in a retirement account. Their team of professionals has years of experience in the industry, and includes an in-house IRA Department as well as dozens of Precious Metal Specialists. Throughout the years, they have helped thousands of Americans move their IRA, 401(k) and other tax-advantaged retirement accounts out of stocks, bonds and mutual funds and into IRAs backed by physical gold and silver. It's for this reason that they pride themselves on being the Precious Metal IRA Specialists. Learn how to better protect your savings today by visiting BirchGold.com or calling one of their dedicated professionals.

A+

BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 18, 2017

30 Birch Gold Group Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

I never dealt with precious metals before so naturally I had a few concerns. Luckily I had Stuart ** to guide me through the process. Stuart was very patient to all my questions and very informative. Great rates and great customer service. That is what I was looking for and that is what I got.

Birch Gold Group response

Hello Eliahu, thank you very much for your nice words! We're happy to hear that we could help put you at ease throughout the process, and will be sure to pass along to Stuart. If we can be of service in the future, please don't hesitate to reach back out to us.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

I was pretty nervous when I went to buy gold with a company because I had heard some negative stories out there. But the Birch Gold Group was extremely easy to work with, very reputable folks, made me feel good about what I was doing. Glad I bought with them! if you're thinking of buying, you should strongly consider them. I'm glad that I did. Thank you.

Birch Gold Group response

Hello, thanks very much for your review, it means a lot to us that we could earn your trust. We hope to be of help in the future.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

Thanks to Guy at Birch Gold Group for helping me buy gold for my IRA. This was something that had been on my mind for a while but never got around to pulling the trigger. Guy was very helpful, all along the way. I knew most of what I wanted to do and how it was done but he helped me in the areas that I was not as sure about. He also connected me with Natalie, who helped to get my IRA funds from Fidelity to the new company for gold. Thanks very much to her as well, she was very nice to work with!

Birch Gold Group response

Hi Diane, thank you very much for the review! We love the feedback, and will be sure to share your appreciation with everyone here. Hope to be in touch in the future!

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

I used Birch Gold to buy silver for my retirement account and was very pleased with the transaction. Jay helped me understand all of my options and was patient. I had a lot of questions but he did not seem to mind. Now that it's all complete I can say that it was pleasant to work with them. If I want to buy more in the future I'll be sure to go through them.

Birch Gold Group response

Hello, thank you very much for the nice review! We're pleased to hear that you were satisfied with how the process went, and look forward to being of more service in the future. Please be in touch.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2017

Changing 401K to Gold and Silver - My experience with Birch Gold was the best experience I have ever had with a company. All the people I that I worked with were so professional and had the best manners. They made my change so worry-free and made me feel comfortable with the decision that I made. I would highly recommend Birch Gold Group to anyone wanting to save money. Thanks.

Birch Gold Group response

Hi Glynda, we thank you for the kind words! It's heartening for us to hear that we put you at comfort during the process. That's the type of service that we strive for.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Birch Gold Group?

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

Birch Gold was a very good company to work with. I've bought some silver in the past, and found them when I started to look into options for buying some silver for my IRA. I did my research, and they stood out for me above other companies. Once I started to speak to them, it was clear why. They are very easy to work with, very efficient, and know exactly what they are doing. Susan was also very helpful in getting my IRA set up for the silver.

Birch Gold Group response

Hello Cindy, thanks very much for your review! Happy to hear that we stood out after doing your due diligence. We'll be sure to share with the office, and especially Susan.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2017

When I first started to talk to the Birch Gold company, I wasn't sure what I wanted to do. Did I really want to buy gold with my IRA? What kind of gold could I even do? I contacted them when I saw an ad, but was pretty hesitant at first. After speaking with the team there, it was clear to me that this was something that I needed to do! Nick was very informative, as was Jake. I also really appreciated the help that I got from Natalie. She helped move my IRA to the new custodian -- I guess it wasn't the easiest thing for her to do, the custodian gave her some trouble. But, now that everything is set, I'm super happy to have some gold, and very thankful to everyone at Birch.

Birch Gold Group response

Hello, thank you very much for your review, we're glad to help you feel comfortable with the process. We'll pass on word to Nick, Jake and Natalie, they'll all be happy to hear how pleased you are!

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

I want to highly recommend the Birch Gold Group -- what a great company filled with nice people!! I began to speak to them a few months ago. It took me some time to fully come around on the idea of putting gold and silver in my IRA, but they were completely patient with me -- no pushy tactics or anything like that. It was pretty refreshing! A few weeks ago we finished setting up my new IRA and bought the gold and silver to be placed into them. It seemed like there was a lot of work that went into it, but they did just about all of it. I couldn't be happier with how the process went. Plus, I'm so happy to have real gold and silver now in my IRA!

Birch Gold Group response

Hello, thank you so much for the nice words! What you've described is exactly the type of experience we want our customers to have, so we're happy to hear that we delivered.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2017

Birch Gold is a fine company to work with, I would tell others to strongly consider them before buying gold from anyone. I found them online a few weeks ago. As someone who has bought gold in the past, I knew what to look for and what I wanted. After contacting them and speaking to Phil, I felt very comfortable with them. I already have the coins in my possession and couldn't be more thrilled! I'll probably just be buying gold from these guys in the future.

Birch Gold Group response

Hello Mr. Carlson, we appreciate the nice words and will pass the note along to Phil as well. We look forward to being of more service in the future.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2017

I would recommend Birch Gold Group to anyone, so long as you are absolutely certain that you're ready to put precious metals in your IRA. Don't call them if you just want information, unless you don't mind getting follow-up sales calls. Once you are definitely working with them, though, they stand out as professional and quite responsive. They also will work with you to get the best price possible on the open market, even to the point of departure from their own standard procurement methods. BGG is a fine example of a vigorous American company.

Birch Gold Group response

Hi Dana, thank you for your review, we appreciate the kudos. If we can help any more in the future, please let us know.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2017

These guys are really good to work with. I heard about them on the radio and called in to learn more. I didn't understand anything about a gold IRA at first, but after Steve explained everything to me, it was a pretty easy decision. Especially because they take care of so much of it on their end. There wasn't much that I needed to do, beyond giving some approvals along the way. I really valued not having to do much of the work, and I bet many other people feel the same way. They are a solid company and I would definitely work with them more in the future.

Birch Gold Group response

Hello Janet, thank you for taking the time to share your experience, we're so happy to hear that you were pleased. We will pass your note on to Steve as well. Thanks!

Original review: Aug. 9, 2017

Want to send my thanks to the people at Birch Gold Group for being so fantastic to work with!! Everyone at the company was very professional and courteous, and also patient with me. After all, it took me several months to finally make up my mind!! And now that I did, I am very pleased. They are a true class organization. Thanks guys.

Birch Gold Group response

Hi Jane, thank you for your nice review! Don't worry about however long it took you to decide, it's important that you make your decision on your own time and as you're comfortable. Best of luck!

Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

Stuart it's only been since yesterday that I've put my trust in you with my investment. Again I would like to Thank You for your professional persistence and patience in getting me to realize the benefits of investing in Gold & Silver. I am very busy with my business and have been thinking on investing in Gold & Silver for some time. But I never had enough time to research for myself until you Stuart started calling me. I felt that you really cared about me and not just a quick dollar. Stuart you are very Knowledgeable & Personable in what you do for us people that have no time for anything else but work. I know that you must be a great Asset to the Birch Gold Group hopefully they appreciate a good person like yourself.

FYI You don't know how hard it was to wire 40K to someone I've only talked to over the phone to invest in something I know nothing about. I've been in business since 1984 and good honest people are hard to find in this day and age. Meeting people like yourself (even over the phone) puts a smile on my face and helps me put faith back in mankind. It's my pleasure Stuart in taking my time today to sit down and commend you on a great job that you are doing. Well Done! Keep in touch my friend.

Birch Gold Group response

Hello Mr. Worke, thank you very much for the glowing review! We have already let Stuart know, and he was of course quite happy to hear how satisfied you were with the entire process. Should you need anything from us in the future, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Original review: July 25, 2017

First let me say that this was my first purchase of physical metals (gold and silver). From the first person to answer the phone to finally dealing with Stuart ** I was impressed with the courtesy, professionalism, and knowledge. Especially the patience since I was a first-time buyer. I would definitely recommend Birch Group to everyone and I already have to two of my closest friends. Great relationship started! Thank you.

Birch Gold Group response

Hi Kim, thank you very much for sharing your positive experience! We're especially happy to hear that we have earned your trust for you to recommend others to us. We hope to be of more help in the future!

Original review: July 12, 2017

I want to give a positive review to the Birch company. I didn't know a lot about what I wanted to do or how to do it, but thankfully they took most of the work and helped me convert my IRA to a new type that allowed me to put gold and silver into it. This did not seem like the easiest process, but fortunately they did most of the work. Natalie helped out quite a bit with this process. And Guy was there to keep things moving too. It didn't happen overnight, but we continued to make progress, and now I can happily say that my IRA is in this new account, with real gold and silver, stored in Delaware. It is very exciting to think about!

Birch Gold Group response

Hello, thanks very much for the nice words! We'll be sure that we pass your thanks along to the team, including Natalie and Guy. They'll be happy to hear that.

Original review: July 10, 2017

Hey guys thanks very much for the excellent service. Appreciate everyone's efforts, especially Sam and Emely. You are a great organization, made things easy for me from the first time we spoke. Look forward to making more purchases and will definitely send others to you too.

Birch Gold Group response

Hi Marie, we're so thankful for the nice words! And, we'll certainly pass along word to Sam and Emely. Please be in touch in the future.

Original review: July 4, 2017

This is a good company, I had no problems with any part of my purchase. I knew what I wanted to buy and the person I spoke to, Sam ** made it fast and easy. I just got my American Eagles the other day, just as ordered.

Birch Gold Group response

Hi Mr. Gibson, we appreciate the 5 star review, and hope to be of further service in the future. Best wishes!

Original review: June 29, 2017

It was a very easy experience to work with Birch Gold. From the first time that I spoke to them to making my purchase, everything went smoothly. They are very courteous and took their time to explain how the whole process works. I spoke to another company and it was like night and day between them and Birch Gold. I'm glad that I found them and chose to work with them on my IRA. Thanks very much to everyone there.

Birch Gold Group response

Thanks very much for the nice review! We're glad that we came out on top versus the other company and could earn your business. We hope to do so again in the future.

Original review: June 27, 2017

What a great group of folks at the Birch Gold Group! I came into this whole thing without much of an idea of what I wanted to do -- I just knew that I had to do SOMETHING! Well, they helped me through the whole thing, from beginning to end. What coins made sense for me in my situation, why some were better than others, what I should be looking for, some of the big things, some of the little things. It was a lot to take in, but they made it pretty easy, even for someone like myself. Now that I have my coins, it feels so great. I really want to thank all of them for their support throughout this process. And if you're reading this and thinking about buying gold, I'd highly recommend that you contact the Birch Gold Group!

Birch Gold Group response

Thank you very much for sharing your experience, we're glad that you're so happy with how it all went! Please continue to be in touch, we would love to be a resource for any future needs.

Original review: June 24, 2017

In years past, I have had dealings with other rare metal dealer and I expected the same or similar treatment with this first order. I was thrilled beyond words with the professionalism and honest attitude and caring expressed by each of the individuals I dealt with during this transaction. Delivery was much faster than I had been told to expect, the order was fill 100% accurate. Without doubt, I will be referring people to the Birch Gold Group.

Birch Gold Group response

Hi sir, we're thrilled that you were so satisfied with your experience, and that you were happy enough to refer others to us. Please be in touch in the future if we can help out in any other fashion.

Original review: June 21, 2017

The people at Birch were a pleasure to work with. They made the process to rollover my IRA really simple, not much hassle on my part. Thanks to the team of people over there. Professional organization. I am more than happy to recommend these guys!

Birch Gold Group response

Hi Crista, thanks very much for your feedback, we appreciate it! We hope we can help you more in the future -- please be in touch.

Original review: June 16, 2017

I want to commend Birch Gold for making it really simple to buy gold. For several years now I've seen ads on TV about buying and I knew that it was something that I should do for myself too. But something was always stopping me! Finally I contacted Birch and talked to them about it. They made it very easy, which was great because I was unsure about the whole process. First, I talked to David about my options, which he explained in a lot of detail. After a few weeks of communication, we settled on the coins and the amount. After that, I sent them the money and just the other day the shipment arrived at my house! Thanks again to all.

Birch Gold Group response

Hello, thank you very much for sharing your positive experience, we're happy to hear that it met your expectations. We'll be sure to pass your thoughts on to David as well, we're sure that he'll be happy to hear how satisfied you were with the process.

Original review: June 11, 2017

I received and reviewed a packet from Jeff quite some time ago. Health issues prevented me from making a decision. He patiently emailed me and helped with info. Were it not for his patient interaction I wouldn't have gone with Birch Gold Group.

Birch Gold Group response

Hi sir, we thank you for your nice thoughts on your experience, and are happy to hear that we were able to help. We wish you the best of luck in the future! Please know that we are always here to help with any additional needs.

Original review: June 9, 2017

The first thing I want to emphasize is that with Birch Gold Group I have found patience rather than pressure! My initial contact with Birch Gold Group was with Stuart **. From the beginning and going forward I have found him to be very professional, thoughtful, informative and of course patient. Most of my contact has been with Stuart, but any contact with others associated with Birch Gold Group has also been very professional and helpful. I believe that anyone researching precious metals would benefit from the characteristics I have emphasized above.

Birch Gold Group response

Hello Mr. Wilson, we thank you for the nice words! Happy to hear that you were so satisfied with your experience and felt at ease. We'll be sure to pass your thoughts on to Stuart, he will be happy to hear that.

Please be in touch in the future if you need any further assistance!

Original review: June 7, 2017

Before I contacted Birch Gold, I knew that I wanted to buy some gold for my IRA but didn't know the first thing about it. I went to their website and got a copy of their info on how it all works. I also spoke with Sheldon who was really helpful in explaining in more detail. I want to thank him a lot. I had a lot of questions but he took the time to answer them all and didn't rush me. I had also talked to another company that had the exact opposite approach, so this was welcome. After I definitely decided to move my IRA, Susan in the Birch Gold IRA department helped me through the process. Glad she was there, because I know that I could not have done it on my own. All in all it was a good experience, so I would definitely tell other people to use the Birch Gold company.

Birch Gold Group response

Hello sir, we are delighted to hear your feedback! Thank you for sharing. We will certainly pass on your note to Sheldon and Susan, we're sure that they will be happy to know this as well.

If you ever need assistance, have questions or would like to place another purchase, please don't hesitate to contact us -- we'll be sure to help however we can.

Original review: May 31, 2017

My experience was great. Nick and Stewart provided me with the information I needed to make decisions about how one invest in gold and silver. The information I received made me feel that they were concerned with my need and to help me make a good decision about investing in gold and silver. I would highly recommend them to others.

Birch Gold Group response

Thank you very much for sharing your positive experience! We'll be sure to share your nice words with Nick and Stu.

Original review: May 31, 2017

All the people I dealt with were very helpful, knowledgeable and professional. They all took time to thoroughly explain everything and answer all my questions and concerns and very helpful educating me on the buying process. I will recommend them to others. Most of all since I have never purchased precious metals they earned my trust, and that was very important to me. Thanks for all the help.

Birch Gold Group response

Hello sir, we are glad to hear that we could make the process pleasant for you, and that we earned your trust. Just as it was important to you, it is to us! We hope to help more in the future.

Original review: May 31, 2017

Birch Gold was a great company to work with. I first contacted them to receive some free information about gold, and it was promptly sent to me. After talking more about the different types of gold with Jack and Mark, I chose the American Eagles. Just a few days after placing my order, I received them at my home exactly as I expected. The delivery was prompt and their service was top class.

Birch Gold Group response

Hi sir, thank you for sharing your experience. We're glad that it went so well for you. We'll pass on your nice words to Jack and Mark. Should you wish to make more purchases in the future, we'd love to be of service.

Original review: May 24, 2017

I'm very much happy with the service that I received from the Birch Gold Group company. I knew that I wanted to buy from someone, but not being very experienced with precious metals buying, I was very nervous about who to buy from and what I should buy. Everyone there was great -- thank you very much.

Birch Gold Group response

Mr Richards, thanks for your nice words! We always strive to make our customers feel as comfortable as possible and are happy to see that we did this for you. We're always here to help, so if you have any questions in the future or would like to make another purchase, please feel free to reach out to us.

Birch Gold Group Company Information