Call toll free
4.71/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Founded in 2003 and headquartered out of Burbank, California, Birch Gold Group prides themselves on educating their clients to help them make the best decision for safeguarding their savings, including in a retirement account. Their team of professionals has years of experience in the industry, and includes an in-house IRA Department as well as dozens of Precious Metal Specialists. Throughout the years, they have helped thousands of Americans move their IRA, 401(k) and other tax-advantaged retirement accounts out of stocks, bonds and mutual funds and into IRAs backed by physical gold and silver. It's for this reason that they pride themselves on being the Precious Metal IRA Specialists. Learn how to better protect your savings today by visiting BirchGold.com or calling one of their dedicated professionals.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

92 Birch Gold Group Consumer Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: April 16, 2019

I recently went through a horrible experience in my marriage. I spoke with several representatives regarding this experience and to a man and a woman, they all sympathized and empathized with me and were all supportive. Supportive in not just words, but I’m actions which to me represented what a great culture Birch Gold has developed within their own company. It dawned on me that this was why I decided to partner with Birch Gold about 2 years ago to secure my financial future. It wasn’t just words, rather, it was ACTION!

Any other financial institution wouldn’t have paid any attention to my plight, but Birch Gold took an immediate interest in this plight and offered what I now know and always suspected was a human and personal interest in this plight and offered to help me in any way they could. This told me how real and human they are. I was NOT just another account number, but I was a real person to them and I can’t find the words to describe how much that meant to me as a person rather than just another account number. I can not recommend them more highly to anyone considering partnering with them for their financial and personal future. I want to specifically praise Stuart and Natalie and Cynthia for their empathy and support during this time of stress. Thank you, thank you and thank you again for your empathic support. Very sincerely, Martin

Birch Gold Group response

Hello Mr. Dourte, we're so happy to hear that we could make this as good an experience as possible for you, and we're thrilled that you found many of our customers to be of specific support. Please know that we're always here for you, so please be in touch if you ever have any questions about your purchase.

Get expert buying tips about Gold Dealers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

In response to my inquiry, I received a phone call from a representative seeking to understand what I was interested in doing with my investing and why I was looking into gold. Believing he could help me, I was provided materials on the program and told a service rep would contact me soon. Before that call, a customer service person helped me prepare the forms due to a rollover from my retirement account. They took all the info, prepared the forms, and took care of processing them after my signing. The service rep took an hour to really go over my goals, and discuss how the program could meet them through various precious metal purchases. Once my selection was firmed up, I got a confirmation email.

No one should have to worry about converting some or all of your investments or retirement funds into precious metals. Birch Gold Group carefully walks you through it step by step with competent counseling that also listens carefully for your goals. As you make your decisions, the reps act promptly to get the administrative side accomplished. My whole interaction from initial contact to finalized purchase took only a week, including the funds rollover. I had an excellent experience with the company and would highly recommend Birch Gold Group to anyone looking into precious metals, especially people unfamiliar with these assets and needing trustworthy guidance.

Birch Gold Group response

Hello Wes, thank you very much for the kind words and thorough description of your experience. We greatly appreciate it! We're so happy to hear that we could make this experience positive for you, and make you feel confident in your decision. We will be sure to share your thoughts with the team. Please remember, we are always here as a resource for you. Should you ever have any questions about your purchase, or to make additional purchases, please don't hesitate to call us.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

I did considerable due diligence before I invested with the Birch Gold group and my working with them has confirmed I made a great choice. The people there really understand customer service. The consultants are knowledgeable and are eager to discuss/answer any questions. I would specifically like to compliment Sheldon **. I have been impressed with his quickness and effort to respond. I have confidence in him. I trust his knowledge and experience. It has been a pleasure discussing current financial affairs with him. I will continue to increase my investments with Birch Gold. Birch Gold and the people I know there receive my highest recommendation.

Birch Gold Group response

Hello Andrew, we appreciate the kind words and recommendation, that means a lot to us. We will be sure to pass your thoughts on to Sheldon as well, he'll be very happy to hear how content that you are!

Please know that we are always here for you. Should you have any questions in the future about your purchase, please don't hesitate to pick up the phone and give us a call. We'll be happy to help!

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

In this case, as it is my first experience with them, or precious metals in this form, I can offer nothing for comparison. Additionally, I can not speak to any returns as of yet, but I'm hopeful for the future. What I can speak to is the easy of setting up the account. The initial purchase. And the customer service. On all these points The Birch Gold Group have exceeded all expectations. In a world where customer service seems like a by gone thing, passed forever to the ages of time, it is quite refreshing to find a company that actually takes care of their customers. In addition to the information package they sent me, they assigned a specialist to help answer any questions BEFORE I even opened an account. This team quickly returned my phone calls, answered any questions I had, and provided any additional information I requested very rapidly.

Then after I decided to go ahead with a purchase, the service continued in better stride. They continually provided me with updates as to the process and progress begins the scenes, handled all the transfer requirements, and provided constant tracking on the status of the funds location. As a military member with over 21 years of experience, followup is huge. Several times I had it on my calendar to followup on the statuses and before I could even call in they had already contacted me. That is extremely rare. Kinda eery, but much appreciated.

The purchase of the metals was easy and thorough. The representative contacted me and even though we had several issues to work through at first, entirely due to events on my end, they contacted me every time at our scheduled time. The conversation was very thorough lasting over 40 min, was absolutely no pressure, detailed, and at the end we came up with a strategy that I feel takes my best interest and goals in heart. It definitely wasn't a cookie cutter approach and was very tailored. I would recommend this service and company to anyone looking for this type of investment. If you read all of that and are still here, thanks, and best of luck!

Birch Gold Group response

Hello Chad, thank you very much for sharing your experience in such a thorough manner, we greatly appreciate that! We are happy to have given you a good experience, and hope to be of even more service in the future. We are always available to help you in the future, including to answer any questions about your purchase. Please feel free to be in touch whenever you would like.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

When I first looked into buying Gold and silver I wasn't sure about how it worked or what I needed to do. The people at Birch Gold walk me through all the steps to change my IRA into gold and precious metals. I want to thank them for such a great job and hope that other people would see what needs to be done with their IRA is to protect their money too. Great job at Birch Gold. I really appreciate everything that they've done in the work that they keep on doing for me. They keep me well informed with every move that I need to make. Thanks again with the team at Birch Gold.

Birch Gold Group response

Hello John, we appreciate your kind words! We're happy that we made the process easy for you, and earned your satisfaction.

In the future, should you have any questions about your account or need any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Birch Gold Group?

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: July 2, 2019

Birch Gold talks a good game but I would never recommend them for purchasing gold or anything for that matter. The price they quoted me for proof American Gold eagles was $1,747.50 (spot at $1,445) at the same time another dealer quoted $1,661, and a third dealer $1,555.94. These prices were all quoted at the same time. Now it is surely clear why my summary is "Rip Off Artists." I'm only glad I shopped around and did not purchase with Birch.

In addition, their office FedExed the paperwork in order for me to sign up for a custodian. I don't know where they found the FAX number for my brokerage firm, but the paperwork that they filled out had the wrong number so when the custodian requested funds be transferred to them, the brokerage firm never received it. When I called the broker to ask about the delay, they said they had never received a request. So I was able to get the correct FAX number and give it to the custodian. That was delay #1.

Birch also told me that my particular brokerage firm would not wire or overnight funds for IRA accounts and that only regular mail was permissible. I did not understand all that but when there were even more delays in getting my money from the broker to the custodian, I discovered that these were the instructions Birch had filled out. So the money was sent by ordinary mail. When I inquired with my broker if this was indeed the case, they said they would have been happy to wire or overnight the funds. So Birch gave incorrect information. This was a huge Delay #2.

Since I do not regularly do these kind of transactions, I was not sharp enough to pick up on all the inaccuracies. And since I'd decided on a different metal specialist, it took me some time to figure out where the inaccurate information originated, i.e. the incorrect FAX number for my brokerage firm and the incorrect information about mailing instructions. So all in all, Birch Gold caused a huge delay in my transaction and since the price of gold has risen and delayed my purchase, has cost me financially, not just aggravation. I would not recommend Birch Gold to anyone.

Birch Gold Group response

Hello Ms. Yount, we're very sorry to hear that you were not pleased with your experience, as we make it a priority to try as hard as possible to ensure that each of our customers is satisfied – whether or not they end up buying from us. In your case, please know that we acted in good faith and tried to be communicative each step of the way.

In regards to the quote on the gold coins, while we usually beat our competitors on price, we don't always – it happens in business! (And, just because we weren't able to offer the best price, it certainly doesn't make us "rip off artists", as you stated.) In our industry, prices fluctuate throughout the day due to many factors, such as changes in spot prices, supply and demand, and inventory from our wholesalers. In your case, some combination of these factors made our quote to you higher than what you received from others.

In regards to the assistance from our IRA department – offered to our customers as a courtesy – we did our best to communicate with you each step of the way in order to provide context for what was going on in your unique case. We truly believe that there are justifiable explanations for everything that you cite. In any case, our actions clearly weren't enough, and for that we apologize.

If you would like to discuss any further, we'd be happy to do so – you can call us whenever you'd like. But if not, we wish you the best in the future.

Original review: June 12, 2019

I want everyone I have dealt with at Birch Gold Group that they were so easy to deal with. They were friendly and explained every step that would be taken. I really enjoyed Guy snd Susan. they always checked back with me to make sure I understood every process that was happening. You're a great group.

Birch Gold Group response

Ms. Prue, thank you very much for the nice words! We'll be sure to pass on to Guy, Susan and the rest of the team. And please feel free to be in touch in the future! We're always here to answer any questions that you may have.

Original review: June 8, 2019

I rolled over a portion of my 401K to a Precious Metal IRA with Birch Gold Group. The Team at Birch Gold Group made it clear what was to happen and the process was made clear and painless. I had several choices to make and Peter explained each choice clearly echoing many of the choices I had researched my self. I would recommend the Birch Gold Group to anyone interested in owning Precious Metals. The Team was professional, very knowledgeable, and pleasent, not an agressive sales demeanor.

Birch Gold Group response

Hello Mr. Glewwe, thank you for sharing your experience, we're thrilled to hear that we could make it such a good one for you! We hope that we can be of more service in the future, even if just to answer any questions that you may have. Please always feel free to reach out to us, we are here to help.

Original review: May 30, 2019

My experience with Birch Gold Group was very enjoyable. They were all very knowledgeable. They helped and guided me through the process and answered all my questions in terms that I could understand. They handled my account in a very professional and timely manner and always stayed in contact with me. I would definitely recommend Birch Gold Group.

Birch Gold Group response

Mr. Loewe, thank you very much for sharing your experience, we're thrilled that we could make it a good one for you. We hope that we can be of more service in the future, please don't hesitate to contact us if you ever need anything or have any questions. We're always here to help however we can.

Original review: May 22, 2019

Birch Gold made it easy to transfer my current Ira to their gold IRA. I tried doing it with another firm and all they did was send me all the paperwork to fill out. Birch gold walk me through it all online and made the Investments that I wanted in the precious metals that I wanted. I would highly recommend them for anyone looking to make the change.

Birch Gold Group response

Hello Mr. Warren, we're so pleased that we could earn your business and make the experience for you so positive! Thank you for the feedback. We hope that we can be of more service in the future, please don't hesitate to contact us if you ever have any questions.

Original review: April 23, 2019

I've heard only good things about Birch Gold Group, and I was brand new to this type of investing when I contacted them. But they took the time to explain the in's and out's of this asset class, and made sure that I was comfortable every step of the way. I'm certainly excited to do business with them for the foreseeable future.

Birch Gold Group response

Hello Mr. Blunt, thank you so much for the nice review! We're thrilled that we could introduce you to precious metals in a fashion that you were comfortable with. We look forward to being of more service in the future, even if just to answer any questions about your purchase. Please be in touch!

Original review: April 11, 2019

My wife and I wanted to invest in metals and had no idea who to ask. We talked to friends and family with no more information to help. I was watching BEN and He used Birch so I called, they were very informing. I then talked to other Gold Companies and realized Birch Gold Group was to be Trusted with our purchases. We are very pleased and will do business with them again.

Birch Gold Group response

Hello Mr. Crystaloski, we thank you for sharing your experience, we are so happy to know that we could make it a good one. We hope to hear from you more in the future, even if you just have some questions about this purchase.

Original review: March 28, 2019

The whole staff was well informed and knew what they were doing. Very helpful and made adding gold and silver to my portfolio a breeze. Thanks Birch Gold Group pleasure doing business with. I would not hesitate to buy more precious metals from this company.

Birch Gold Group response

Hello Mr. Haschel, we thank you for the review, we're so happy to know that we made it a good experience for you. Please continue to be in touch!

Original review: March 22, 2019

This was my first experience purchasing precious metals. Samuel and Brock were the two men who assisted me through the entire process. Both were very well educated in their job and very helpful. As a first timer all my concerns were answered, and I feel confident I made a great investment. They focused on my needs and their advice was oriented around my particular situation. It was all for my benefit. I was taken seriously, treated respectfully, and I honestly enjoyed the whole experience! It was fun to work with them and I learned a lot. You will have no regrets when working with Birch Gold Group. I have no reason to look for a different provider in precious metals. I will always recommend these guys! I will be a future and loyal customer. Thanks Sam and Brock for the experience! You guys rock!

Birch Gold Group response

Hello Mr. Bertoldo, we appreciate you taking the time to write this review, we're so happy to have earned it. We will pass your thoughts along to Samuel and Brock. In the future, please be in touch! We're happy to help with any further needs, even if to answer any questions about this most recent purchase.

Original review: March 7, 2019

Everything I ordered came in beautifully... My only comment or concern is while the volume of purchases is high...being able to reach my company representative is critical. He was most apologetic for the time delay. Also, I did not receive a tracking number so was completely unaware of when I could expect my delivery. Overall...dealing with this company does produce the desired outcome, and I will be recommending this company to my interested friends.

Birch Gold Group response

Ms. Rowland, we appreciate the kind words and feedback, that means a lot to us, and helps us to improve our service even further. We are taking steps to address the items you cited, but we're thrilled to know that you were still pleased overall. In the future, should you have any questions about your purchase, please don't hesitate to contact us. We will help however we can.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

My experience with the Birch Group was and is a positive experience. Mr. ** and Mr. ** were patient and answered all of my questions and explained my metals allocation purchase. That was very important, since I'm a first time buyer of gold and silver. I recommend the Birch Group and look forward in my association with them.

Birch Gold Group response

Mr. Arellano, thank you for the nice review, it means so much to us that we could earn your business and make your experience a good one. We thank you for your recommendations, and hope that we can be of more service to you in the future. Please reach out to us for anything, including any questions on your purchase.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

The customer service was excellent. All of the people st Birch made this an easy and enjoyable experience. I would highly recommend them for anyone investing their 401K or protecting their assets with precious metals!! They will walk you through the whole process and answer all your questions with absolutely no pressure.

Birch Gold Group response

Hello Mr. Rhodes, thank you for all the praise, we really appreciate you taking the time. It has been a pleasure to serve you.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

Phillip ** has always been very knowledgeable, responsive, courteous, and never hurried any of our conversations. He has always very prompt at answering or returning our calls. It is because of the comfort level he gave us that we decided to deal with Birch Gold.

Birch Gold Group response

Hello Mr. Torres, thank you very much for the nice words, we appreciate it! We'll be sure to pass along to Phillip. We hope to be of more service in the future, even if just to answer any questions that you may have. Please be in touch.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

It's been a very positive experience. Birch Gold has stayed in touch with me and answered any questions I've had. They've walked me through everything step by step and have been very courteous to me. Thank you Birch Gold Group.

Birch Gold Group response

Hello Steven, thank you very much for sharing your experience, we're so pleased to hear that we could make it a good one. Moving forward, if you ever have any other questions, please contact us whenever you'd like! We're always happy to answer any questions that you have.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

This was such a smooth transition from my old 401k to metals. The people are so responsive I barely had to lift a finger. Calls were answered usually within minutes of the person you are trying to reach is with another client. Highly recommend using their services.

Birch Gold Group response

Hello Mr. Pennington, we really appreciate the nice words. More importantly, we're glad to hear that you had such a good and easy experience! It's what we strive for. In the future, should you have any questions about your purchase, we are here to help. Please be in touch.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

I had an old 401k that I hadn't touched in years. I wasn't sure on how or if I could do anything with it. Fortunately the staff over at Birch was knowledgeable, kept it simple, and got the job done quick. Definitely worth giving them a call!

Birch Gold Group response

Hello Mr. Sanmiguel, we're very pleased that we could make your experience a pleasant one! We appreciate the recommendation, and hope that we can be of more service to you in the future. If you ever have any questions about your purchase, please give us a call. We are here to help however we can.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

Being a novice at precious metals for an IRA Roll-over, I tended to procrastinate my decisions in the process. The staff at Birch Gold never pressured me, but they did keep in touch all along the way to answer any questions that I may have had. When I finally did reach a decision, the process was very smooth and without any hard sales pitch.

Birch Gold Group response

Hello Mr. Touchet, thank you very much for sharing the kind words on your experience -- we're so glad that we could make it a good one. Should you ever require assistance, or have any questions about your IRA, please do not hesitate to call us. We are here to help you!

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

I've always been interested in diversifying my portfolio to include precious metals. I heard about Birch Gold on a podcast and so I decided to call for an information kit. Since that time, I have become well informed through my conversations with Birch Gold agents/representatives and they handled setting up my account. My confidence regarding the purchase of precious metals has only increased because of Birch Gold knowledge of the markets. I highly recommend them if you are interested in learning more and eventually purchasing.

Birch Gold Group response

Hello Mr. Ibarra, thank you very much for sharing your experience with us, we are happy to hear that we could make it a good one. Please know that our knowledge is here as a resource for you whenever you'd like. If you have any questions on the precious metals markets or on your purchase, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

I was impressed with the information given to me on gold and silver IRAs. Their staff took their time explaining which impressed me the most with rolling over my 401k to a IRA. I look forward to many years of doing business with Birch Gold. I would highly recommend Birch Gold to family and friends for their investments.

Birch Gold Group response

Hello Mr. Burdi, thank you for taking the time to share your experience, we appreciate it! We're so pleased to hear that we could make it a good one for you. In the future, should you have any questions about the purchase that you just made, or if you'd like to make any further purchases, please don't hesitate to contact us. We are here as a resource for you.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2018

A great response from the group. They were very professional. I would recommend this group to my friends and coworkers. Have a happy day. Let us make great investment today. I hope silver goes to its high level today. Gold is looking great.

Birch Gold Group response

Hello Mr. Newborn, we are glad that we could meet your expectations of professionalism, thank you! Should you refer any of your friends or coworkers to us, please ask them to tell us that you sent them. And, of course, we are always here to help you with your purchase.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2018

The Birch Gold Group employees do a great job assisting with the conversion of stock market-based IRA accounts to Precious Metal IRAs. I was impressed with the personal, hands-on approach provided each step of the conversion process.

Birch Gold Group response

Hi Mr. Turner, thank you for sharing your experience, we appreciate it! We're glad we could live up to your expectations. In the future, should you have any questions about your IRA or the metals in it, please don't hesitate to contact us. We are here as a resource.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

The Birch Representative was very helpful with explaining the difference between the metals and the different forms the metals come in. He walked me through the process of transferring my traditional IRA into a precious metals IRA from start to finish. The whole transaction was very smooth and painless.

Birch Gold Group response

Hello Mr. Scarcella, we appreciate the nice words -- we were happy to provide a pleasant experience! Should you need any assistance in the future on your recent purchase or for future ones, please be in touch.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

Do your due diligence. I wanted a gold IRA during the Obama years as I was concerned with the US dollar. I explained my concerns to the rep. We had a long conversation about this matter and the state of the economy, the US dollar, etc... In the end, the rep convinced me that buying proofs was the best way to go. I now know that purchasing proofs completely contradicted my concerns. They were not concerned with my interest, only their own. I was too trusting with the rep and should have done more research on what I was investing in. I have lost over 50% of my original investment. I would avoid doing business with this company.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

I was impressed with the service I received. I appreciated the advice and recommendations I was given through James ** and Brock. It was a good experience all around and I expect that I will do business with you in the future. Thanks.

Birch Gold Group response

Hello Richard, thank you for the nice words, we appreciate it. We will be sure to share with James and Brock. In the future, should you have any questions about your purchase, or if you'd like to do more business, please be in touch.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

Being a first time client I was very apprehensive about venturing into 'unknown' territory (for me) but the gentleman, Richard, that I dealt with was very understanding and informative, answered all my questions, letting me know that there were no 'silly' questions. He made the whole experience pleasant and rewarding, would highly recommend Birch Gold to anyone.

Birch Gold Group response

Hello Ms. Buxton, thank you for your nice review, we appreciate it! We will be sure to pass your thoughts on to Richard, we're glad that he could put you at ease. We hope to be of more service in the future.

Birch Gold Group Company Information