2. Finance
  3. Gold Dealers
Accredited Partner

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.83/5

Founded in 2003 and headquartered out of Burbank, California, Birch Gold Group prides itself on educating its customers to help them diversify their savings, including within a retirement account. Its team of professionals has years of experience in the industry, and includes an in-house IRA Department as well as dozens of Precious Metal Specialists. Throughout the years, the company has helped thousands of Americans move their IRA, 401(k) and other tax-advantaged retirement accounts out of stocks, bonds and mutual funds and into IRAs backed by physical gold and silver. It's for this reason that they pride themselves on being the Precious Metal IRA Specialists. Learn how to better protect your savings today by visiting BirchGold.com or calling one of their dedicated professionals.

Birch Gold Group Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: May 27, 2020

Birch Gold Group has an outstanding customer service team. From the moment I decided to do business with them and called they handled my inquiring like absolute professionals. Kept me updated on a daily basis and beyond that they assisted with all necessary actions. They also have on site market and precious metals experts that helped with my questions regarding my money and what it purchased, which was the most important factor for me. Truly a quality company that prioritizes excellent customer service. I highly recommend doing business with them.

Birch Gold Group response

Hello Ms. Cardenas, we're thrilled to read about how well your experience was with us, thank you for taking the time to do so! Everything that you describe is what we strive to do with each of our customers. Again, thank you, and please be in touch if you ever need anything in the future. We are always here to help!

Get buying tips about Gold Dealers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2020

I was referred to Birch gold by a friend of mine that sent me a link to their website. I filled out the information it asked for and within a few minutes I received a phone call from Sheldon and after a brief q&a session about what I had and what I wanted to do, I felt very comfortable about the options I had and the choices I needed to make. This was my introduction to moving money of any sort on my own and was cautious about the what and where aspects of making this kind of transaction. At no time did I ever feel pressured or swayed one way or another but instead, I was given all the details of my options and asked what I felt would be best for my investment. Everyone I’ve dealt with here has been extremely helpful and very knowledgeable about what they do. I would recommend them to anyone looking to maximize their investment. My experience with them has been first rate from day one.

Birch Gold Group response

Hello Mr. Bannister, we thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We're so thrilled to hear that we could make it a good one for you. We'll be sure to pass your thoughts on to Sheldon and the rest of the team.

Please be in touch in the future. If you ever have any questions about your purchase, we are always here as a resource.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2019

Birch Gold was the first precious medals team that I could find that made the transfer of an IRA to a precious metals IRA. Shortly after I filled out an online request for more information I was contacted (same day). I was I introduced to Stuart ** a precious metals specialist and we talked for over an hour. I felt as if I was his only client. He was very knowledgeable, answered all of my questions and what I didn’t know about precious metals investment he explained it to me so I could understand it.

What impressed me most about Stuart is that he did for me what I wanted and not was best for him or his company. There was absolutely no pressure from him at any time to go one way or the other. He even talked to my wife and explained everything to her as she was on the fence with all of this. When it came time to proceed, Stuart turned me over to Natalie ** who specialized in walking me through the online process of transferring my TSP to a precious metals IRA. All through the process, both Stuart and Natalie were a phone call away to answer my questions.

Finally when it came time to purchase metals, Stuart talked me through the even more detailed effort of which type of and how much of each metal to purchase in order to diversify my portfolio. Stuart also found the best prices of these metals for me. I would recommend Birch Gold to anyone who was thinking of a precious metals IRA. Thanks Stuart and Natalie!

Birch Gold Group response

Mr. Thompson, thank you very much for your kind words, we're so pleased to hear that we could make your experience a good one. We'll be sure to pass your thoughts on to Stuart and the rest of the team. In the future, should you have any questions about this purchase, please don't hesitate to contact us. We're here to be a resource.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2019

My wife and I had been looking into investing in gold for a while. We did a little research online and were impressed by the many excellent reviews on Birch Gold. After we decided to give The Birch Gold Group a try, they didn't disappoint. The whole process was painless and quite enjoyable. We learned a lot through it all. Their communication skills are outstanding! It was a pleasure discussing the different ways to invest in precious metals with Chris. He was very professional, friendly and patient. Everyone we talked to including Alec and Natalie were extremely helpful. We know The Birch Gold Group will be there whenever we need them and look forward to a long and prosperous relationship.

Birch Gold Group response

Mr. Pellegrino, thank you very much for the nice review, we are thrilled that you and your wife are so satisfied with your experience! We will be sure to pass on all of your thoughts to Chris, Alec and Natalie. And we too look forward to a long relationship. Please know that we are always here as a resource to you, to help out with any future transactions or to simply answer any questions that you have. If you ever have a question about your purchase, please don't hesitate to reach out to us.

Original review: June 8, 2019

I rolled over a portion of my 401K to a Precious Metal IRA with Birch Gold Group. The Team at Birch Gold Group made it clear what was to happen and the process was made clear and painless. I had several choices to make and Peter explained each choice clearly echoing many of the choices I had researched my self. I would recommend the Birch Gold Group to anyone interested in owning Precious Metals. The Team was professional, very knowledgeable, and pleasent, not an agressive sales demeanor.

Birch Gold Group response

Hello Mr. Glewwe, thank you for sharing your experience, we're thrilled to hear that we could make it such a good one for you! We hope that we can be of more service in the future, even if just to answer any questions that you may have. Please always feel free to reach out to us, we are here to help.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Birch Gold Group?

Original review: May 26, 2020

It was a good experience working with this company. They communicated every step of the process and took the time to educate me on the right moves to make. The team was friendly and professional. I would recommend them if you are looking to buy gold or silver.

Birch Gold Group response

Mr. McLouth, thank you very much for the review, we are very happy to hear that we made the purchase process a good one for you. And please do know that our service extends beyond this purchase. If you ever have any questions about your purchase, or wish to place any more orders, we are always here to help.

Original review: April 30, 2020

Tried calling to get some information but sales rep couldn’t explain even the simplest concept. Came across as a slick used car salesman. Perhaps they have a legit business but couldn’t tell that from the rep.

Birch Gold Group response

Mr. Selby, we apologize for the poor experience that you had with our business, it is definitely not representative of the service that we provide to the lion's share of our customers. As you likely know, we have since left you a voicemail in order to personally apologize. Should you wish to discuss further, you are always welcome to call back into our office. In any case, we have addressed this matter with the representative that you spoke with, and have taken corrective action to ensure that it will not happen again.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2020

My experience with Birch Gold Group was exceptional. They were very helpful in explaining their investment options, and are professionals in providing quick, excellent service. I highly recommend them to anyone who is looking for a safe investment for their future. I specifically invested in a precious metals IRA (gold coins).

Birch Gold Group response

Mr. Berndl, thank you very much for the kind words, it means a lot to us to know that we could make the experience such a positive one for you. Even though this purchase is complete, please know that we're always here to be a resource for you. If you ever have any questions about your purchase, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2020

In 2018, my husband and I considered the possibility of purchasing/investing in precious metals; however, being novices, we were a little hesitant never having done this before. After reading write-ups/ratings on several different precious-metal companies, we decided to deal with Birch Gold Group. We knew absolutely nothing about what to do, what to purchase, how things work, etc. etc. etc. We were fortunate enough to work with Stuart at BGG, who was extremely knowledgeable and informative. He spent time answering our questions and explaining the process in detail. By the end of our purchase, we actually felt like we knew what we were doing and have since made two additional purchases. We would highly recommend BGG and Stuart to anyone considering investing in precious metals.

Birch Gold Group response

Hello Ms. Sulkosky, we're thrilled to hear that we could earn your trust and business. That means the world to us! We'll be sure to pass your kind thoughts on to Stuart and the rest of the team. We hope to be of even more service in the future. You know where to find us!

Original review: Jan. 24, 2020

This was my first time ever dealing/working with Birch GG and it was a wonderful & great experience. They walked me through each step of the process, making clear each step. Great people to work with.

Birch Gold Group response

Mr. Kim, thank you very much for the lovely words, we're so pleased to hear that we could provide such a positive experience for you.

Birch Gold Group Company Information