Beyond Finance

Beyond Finance Reviews

Overview

Beyond Finance has an average rating of 4.2/5.0, based on 11 reviews.

Data Analysis Coming Soon

ConsumerAffairs has been collecting reviews since 1998, including over 3,000 phone interviews per month to get the full story from real consumers.

We are in progress on gathering enough review data to provide you a breakdown. Check out the Web Consensus to see our analysis across all online reviews for this brand.

Data Analysis Coming Soon

Take a Financial Relief Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

About Beyond Finance

Established in 2011, Beyond Finance is a debt settlement company that says it can cut your monthly payments by 40% or more while negotiating with creditors on your behalf to reduce the total amount you owe. Beyond Finance says its services are ideal for people with $10,000 or more in unsecured debt who want to avoid bankruptcy.

Pros & Cons

Pros
    • Free consultation
    • Mobile app
    • 24/7 live chat support
    Cons
    • Not available in all states
    • Unable to offer legal support

Take a Financial Relief Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

What is Beyond Finance?

Beyond Finance provides personalized debt settlement programs for unsecured debts such as credit cards, medical bills and private student loans. It is affiliated with Accredited Debt Relief, a debt settlement company that operates in 32 states. When you sign up for Beyond Finance online, the intake assessment is done by Accredited Debt Relief.

One notable perk of Beyond Finance is its mobile app that allows you to manage your enrolled debts and monitor your progress. The app has a 4.7-star rating on Google Play and a 4.9-star rating on Apple’s App Store as of publishing, with over 4,000 reviews combined.

How does Beyond Finance work?

With Beyond Finance, you’ll first set up a free consultation with one of its team members. Based on your financial circumstances, Beyond Finance will then help you choose a personalized debt settlement program. Beyond Finance says most clients fully resolve their enrolled debt in 24 to 48 months.

With any debt settlement program, the goal is to reduce the total amount you owe to your creditors. To do this, Beyond Finance will require that you stop paying your creditors and instead deposit a monthly payment into a settlement account. During this time, Beyond Finance will negotiate with the creditors on your behalf.

Once a settlement amount has been agreed to with a creditor and approved by you, the payments you’ve been making into the settlement account will be sent to the creditor. This may be in one lump sum or in multiple payments. Beyond Finance says that, on average, clients must save 40% to 50% of a debt before a settlement offer will be made.

Note that debt settlement will hurt your credit because you’ll no longer be making payments on those bills. You’ll incur interest and late fees on those unpaid amounts — and since there’s no guarantee a creditor will agree to settle, you could end up owing even more at the end of the process. Ensure the risks are worth it before pursuing any debt settlement program.

Beyond Finance services

Beyond Finance offers debt settlement services for the following types of debt:

• Credit cards
    • Personal loans
    • Private student loans
    • Medical bills
    • Lines of credit
    • Debts in collections

It cannot help with federal student loans, mortgages, auto loans or other secured debts.

While Beyond Finance doesn’t specify a minimum debt requirement to participate in its program, it does say that debt settlement is best for people with $10,000 or more in unsecured debt.

Beyond Finance is not available in all states. However, it doesn’t specify on its website which states are ineligible.

Also, since Beyond Finance is not a law firm, it cannot offer any legal advice should a creditor decide to take legal action against you. However, Beyond Finance says it will attempt to resolve that creditor’s account and can refer you to further help as needed.

Beyond Finance fees

Beyond Finance charges a percentage-based fee of 15% to 25% of your enrolled debt. If it is unable to resolve a debt with a creditor, Beyond Finance says you won’t be charged any fees for that particular debt.

The initial consultation is free, and Beyond Finance doesn’t charge any upfront fees. You’ll only owe your fee once you’ve reached a settlement.

Beyond Finance FAQ

Does Beyond Finance have a money-back guarantee?

Beyond Finance does not mention anything about a money-back guarantee on its website. However, it does say that you will not be charged any fees unless a settlement is reached.

Will using Beyond Finance hurt my credit score?

Yes, you should expect your credit score to take a hit with any debt settlement company because you must stop paying your creditors as part of the negotiation process. However, if your settlement is successful and you show responsible financial habits, your credit score will eventually go back up over time.

Does Beyond Finance give out loans?

Beyond Finance offers a “graduation loan” of $1,000 to $75,000 through its affiliate, Above Lending. The purpose of the loan is to help you complete the debt settlement process faster. The funds are deposited into your settlement account so that you can pay off any remaining debts and fees in as little as 90 days. The loan is by invitation only, based on your ability to make consistent deposits and your creditworthiness.

Is Beyond Finance legit?

Beyond Finance is a legitimate debt resolution company that is accredited by the American Fair Credit Council, the Consumer Debt Relief Initiative and the Better Business Bureau. Its repayment accounts are insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation. Beyond Finance says it has helped resolve more than $3 billion in debt to date.

Beyond Finance Reviews

Stars Rating

• 73%
    • 9%
    • 0%
    • 0%
    • 18%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Beyond Finance?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Beyond Finance?
      Customer ServiceStaffProcess

Reviewed July 16, 2024

Mende was absolutely awesome! She made me feel comfortable and and respected. She went thorough the process thoroughly and was always asking if I had any questions. She even called me to follow up the next day to make sure I understood everything. What a great organization to work with!

Customer ServiceStaffProcess

Reviewed July 11, 2024

Tom listened to hear, not respond and answered all of my questions. He established my trust early and that made the rest of the process easy. I felt comfortable with the decisions that he let ME make, especially since this is a unique situation for me to be in, given a lot of life events that took place - timing is everything and I realized I needed some help, made the call and am on my way to get back to my 800+ credit score and $$ back in my emergency fund.

Get buying tips about Debt Settlement delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Reviewed June 29, 2024

I went through Beyond Finance for a relative of mine, and the the experience was excellent. When it came time to do it again, I once again suggested them, and once again they were excellent. The representatives are easy to understand. They speak English so that you can understand every single thing within the process. I didn’t find it necessary to repeat anything because I didn’t understand it. Highly recommend them. Nobody wants to be in this situation, but it’s nice when you ARE to have individuals who can be supportive and lead way out of the hole we often find ourselves in.

Reviewed June 29, 2024

I worked for a MAJOR INSURANCE Company for 50 yrs, a widow & was hired by an agent to help out with their agency. This agent screwed me every way she could. No pay checks & when I got one it came back NSFs. Had insurers coming in screaming @ me because they paid the agent & got cancelled because the agent had their checks made out to her. Deposited the $$ in to her personal acct. I quit, took her through TWC who found her guilty, she turned around. Filed bankruptcy. Leaving a 70 yr widow almost in bankruptcy with bills I couldn't pay.

So far Beyond had kept them off my back even though my credit got ruined. So far I haven't gotten any nasty letters from my debtors in the yr that I signed up with them. The MAJOR insurance company I had worked for 50 yrs told me it was MY problem. Not theirs! Never offered to help a 50 yr employee that got screwed by an agent THEY hired. It will take me 7-8 yrs to clean up the mess she placed me in and the insurance I worked for 50 yrs to spit on me!! (Did I mention I was a widow too?)

PriceStaff

Reviewed June 20, 2024

I was on the verge of Bankruptcy, when an attorney advised me about this program. After calling and speaking with a specialist, I decided this was the right move to accept. Very affordable and knowing that this program is here to help no matter how many questions I may have. Specialist is very nice, open, honest and accepting. I couldn't be more happier with my decision and the weight of my debt is completely off of my shoulders.

Reviewed July 7, 2024

It was good to be treated like a friend who needed help. Not just a customer. Most companies just want your money and provide little to no help. Can't wait to see what is being done to resolve my issues.

Reviewed July 3, 2024

I really needed assistance with my financial situation and had many doors closed in my face by others. But I called Beyond Finance and they rescued me within minutes. Get them a call first and let me help you.

Customer Service

Reviewed June 27, 2024

Easy to start. Extremely organized. Basically, once enrolled, everything is taken care of for you. Would recommend as your needs are handled in a very professional manner and the Customer Service if you do have a question is superb.

Reviewed June 24, 2024

I was pleasantly surprised how kind and helpful, at a time when I was at my wits' end regarding my finances. I'm finally going to be on track. I recommend them! I can't wait for creditors to stop calling and be me being free of debt.

Reviewed June 18, 2024

We found beyond to be helpful with all our financial needs, by helping us decrease our credit card debt by half, we would highly recommend them to any and all of our family and friends. Highly recommended.

Could your debt be reduced or forgiven? Take our financial relief quiz.

Beyond Finance Company Information