Struggling with Credit Card Debt?

Get relief and reduce what you owe

Debt Relief Options
1.11/5

Bayview Loan Servicing

Struggling with Credit Card Debt?

Get relief and reduce what you owe

Debt Relief Options

198 Bayview Loan Servicing Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 17, 2019

Mortgage was switched to Bayview. We had a house fire in Dec 2018. Our insurance company included Bayview in the check to restore our house. They kept the check and refused to send any partial payment to contractor to start the rebuild for months. Fast forward nine months. Bayview is still holding money that does not belong to them that is needed to finish repairs to the house. In which I am sure the money is sitting where it is making Bayview a profit.

Original review: July 29, 2019

I had Citi. They gave to Bayview. I had no idea till done. They put escrow on mine which I was not have talked to Mr. **. He was gonna get it straight. Now no one there knows Mr **. You can never talk to the same person. Now they say I'm way behind. They put my payments in a suspended acct. I get default letters. They try to get me to do modification. I will sign nothing with them. The modification are bad in a few years. Mortgage goes up. I'm on disability. There's no way to pay higher. Why is it nothing can be done to this company with all of us having issues on what they are doing. How can they continue doing all this illegal stuff to us.

Get expert buying tips about Loan Modification Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 25, 2019

Every since we been with Bayview we have had problems. We can pay our Mortgage Payment at the end of the month and they will send out a Foreclosure letter because we did not make our payment at the beginning of the month. And even if you pay it by the 16th of the month they still harass you. Chase sold our loan to Bayview and we were unaware of it until the last minute, I don't feel like they should have did that but they did and when we make our mortgage payments and even it they are at the end of the month they let it sit in some type of suspense account.

We had a damage with our home from the really bad storms that come through and they will not release our funds from that, they are a bunch of crooks. I don't even know how this company is even in business because they do not help you at all and they do not try to work with you at all. It makes no sense how they add whatever amount they want to on your house note each month and inspector fees just ridiculous. So whoever you are Tim I am with you, I would rate them a F++++ if there was a rating for an F.

Original review: July 19, 2019

Updated on 07/30/2019: NO "resolution in progress". So, Bayview responds telling me this isn't normal and giving me their customer advocate line. Because, going through this for MORE THAN A YEAR, I certainly never dealt with customer advocates (insert sarcasm font). Then I respond (all this has to be in private, no other option) and get how they're waiting for my response (SENT) and my comment now publicly states "resolution in progress." It's great that this is here, but the fact that you can't add to your own post or comment on anyone else's really leaves little options but the company to *privately* try to rectify it to save face. How do you save face from what appears to be a pattern of questionable actions at least bordering on illegal. If anyone wants to join me in a letter to the Florida Attorney General's Office to possibly spark an investigation, please email **.

Original Review: I know many people have had problems with this company. They used me getting behind and rejecting their plan to add 12½ years to my mortgage as a way to try to force me into signing my home over to them. Luckily, I called the Attorney General's office in Florida (where they are based) to find out my options. I was then able to get my mortgage back on track with additional payments that totaled a few thousand dollars rather than the $180,000 that would have been added had I taken what they tried to force me into. But, in the mean time, they wouldn't let me pay my mortgage, which sent my credit score fully into the toilet. This was AFTER they tried to force me into foreclosure because their employee put my payment toward someone else's mortgage.

I got my bank to look at where the money went to fix that. And it still took them SIX MONTHS to rectify the issue. This company needs more than Consumer Affairs looking in to one case at a time. The AG's Office needs to be notified by EVERY PERSON this company has caused problems for. AG's do not fight for a single person, but if they get enough information on illegal business practices, it does spark a criminal investigation. They can be reached at 850-414-3990.

Original review: July 17, 2019

When a lender or debt collector/server wants to do a loan modification, it basically means foreclosure. Reason being, then they know all about your finances. The debt collector/servers really don't have the right to do this. There are ways to stop illegal foreclosures. Look up Foreclosure Defense Programs on your computer and more specifically: 9 Powerful Ways To Stop or Reverse Foreclosure Fraud.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bayview Loan Servicing?

Original review: July 11, 2019

I was informed my loan was sold from Waterstone Mortgage to Bayview Loan Servicing via threatening letters from Bayview Loan Servicing indicating that proof of Insurance must be received otherwise they would "be required to obtain a lender-placed flood insurance policy" on the property for us. The verbiage is written such that I am delinquent in my responsibility as a homeowner and they are willing to do us a favor by handling our insurance requirements for us. I have provided documentation to Bayview Loan Servicing three times and still receive letters they do not have documentation.

Why is it that the ineptitude of these corporations turn into threats and inconveniences for homeowners? We closed on this property three months ago and our documentation obviously did not transfer with the loan servicing. The documentation issue has now landed on my desk to resolve yet again due to the inability of these two companies to work together to complete a legal and auditable document trail.

Original review: June 28, 2019

I too have been a victim of this terrible excuse of a mortgage company. M&T Bank held my mortgage the entire time I was in Chapter 13 Bankruptcy up until one month before I would successfully complete the bankruptcy, then, one week before I completed it, the loan was sold to this lousy Bayview Loan Servicing company. That's when the trouble began... Let me tell you folks, this company is the most unethical company I have ever dealt with... First off, they tried to claim I owed them monthly payments for the last two months I was in the bankruptcy.

This is completely illegal, the bankruptcy court pays the monthly payment for the entire 60 months, (not just 58 months) Then, they would send multiple statements for the same month, with different 'statement issued dates', but they would be due the same following month. (I had owed them for their 'bankruptcy fees' and they disguised their charges in these multiple statements they sent out.) They refused to show me a simple bill showing exactly what they were charging for the bankruptcy..

After this shady practice of multiple statement billing for the same month, then all of the sudden without any other advance notices, they sent out a "notice of acceleration of loan' saying I was in default.. Long story short, I paid the lousy company the $5800 for their lawyer fees. They reported me late to the 3 credit bureaus for two months straight, when I was never late at all! It took a letter to the CFPB and 3 months to get Bayview to correct my report to 'paid on time', but then, these Bayview people went back to the previous year, and reported me 30 days late for December. This must have been done out of spite, I was not late in December either.. I am refinancing and getting rid of this lousy lying company. Class action lawsuit needs to be started against these thieves!

Original review: June 22, 2019

Thousands upon thousands of reviews of people's bad experience with Bayview is pretty clear. I bought this home in August, 2006, and I was paying mortgage payments on time for years without a problem and then Chase (at the time) offered me a repayment plan. I took advantage of it so I could take a couple of months to pay off a car. That was a mistake. In the middle of making timely payments to Chase, Chase sold my loan to Bayview.

As far as I'm concerned, Chase are scumbags for doing this as well. Bayview, but OF COURSE (as everyone else has stated), never notified me that my loan was transferred to them, and I had a notice on my door that an inspector came by and I wasn't home. This was as soon as they had my loan, no paper work or contact from them, I get some thing saying a field inspector came by my house. I had no idea who that was for or why and thought it was a scammer going house to house.

Bayview also claimed that they never got the paper work to show I was in a repayment plan with Chase, and going by EVERY single review, that is their standard operating procedure. This allowed Bayview to immediately claim I was behind three months in payments. Also, payments I had made to Chase were put into some holding account and not applied to my mortgage payments. I have been paying them and keep getting reassured that so long as I don't fall too far behind, there's no worry about them taking any further action. I've got my payments down to being 45 days late and am just about to pay them in a couple of days to only be 15-20 days late, working to get caught up.

In the meantime, today I had received a letter from Bayview with with a notice of default and intent to accelerate the loan, meaning they are demanding I pay them several thousand dollars within 30 days of the notice date (which I didn't get until a week later!) saying I need to pay it all, plus other fees/fines to avoid foreclosure. Of course, "no less than 30 days" is all the law requires them to give for an acceleration notice. Look at the THOUSANDS of reviews/reports of people's experience with these scumbag scammers, and you'll see that Bayview are actual EXPERTS at foreclosing. That is their entire operation and they abuse the laws to "just be legal enough" to get away with it.

I'm FURIOUS that Chase and other lenders don't give a damn and sell to them, because they KNOW that Bayview is working to take your home! I gave them every chance possible, thinking that maybe all of the negative reports are just people that weren't paying attention, people unhappy with the outcome and so on, and hoped for the best, but here it ended up happening to me as well. That is their entire setup, it's a scam!

They know they're buying loans that are for homes worth more than is owed, which means they will make more money more quickly by flipping homes as a foreclosure mill than they would to wait while people pay their loans over the decades to follow. They are NOT a lender, they are a debt collector only. They can not offer a refinance or loan assumption, because they are literally only a debt collector. The most they can offer, which in itself they intentionally also make very difficult, is they can offer a repayment plan or a loan modification, and you can read the reviews to see how that scam works as well. In the end, they want your home so they can sell it and profit. They are not buying these loans from lenders so they can simply take your monthly payments. They make everything difficult and provide false or misrepresented information and claims so you'll trip up, somehow, some day, and take your home.

It's crazy they are able to continue to run this clear scam, but they are very good at this scam and have experienced lawyers. The laws are currently set up to allow them to operate and skirt under the law just enough to get away with it, because there are very few real protections for consumers when it comes to mortgages. So, I'm going to go after them very aggressively (legally) and I'm looking for anyone that wants to throw their hat in the ring to join me in starting a class action law suit. Combined, we have a real chance to get these scammers finally shut down for good. Don't sit and think about it and decide to blow it off, contact me and let's get the ball rolling.

We do have mortgage and debt laws to protect us, and with enough documented information it will show a clear pattern of intent to create a situation where they can give themselves cause to take your home -- and that's what they are going to do! Contact me to join a class action now, no matter how old this post might be by the time you read it. My name is Tim **, I'm in California. My email is **. My number is **. Let's not allow them to get away with this!

Original review: June 17, 2019

I am so tired of this stupid company. I have been with you for 3 years after you bought my loan and I had no problems. I'm trying to refinance and adding my husband to the loan. I'm adding a huge second income to my home, I'm making 10k more than last time. I am more than qualified. The process has been extremely long. No one contacts me unless I contact them first! Your appraiser person you had completely low balled my house.

I ended up taking my own pictures to send him because he forgot when he was at my house. I paid him $510 for doing the job myself. Andre was so pushy and harassed me to Esign in the beginning then disappeared once I did for over a week. All he cared about was getting his sale. This process is now over a month long! I am so unbelievably mad and hate your company and regret it! I'm already this far invested and have to go through with it.

Original review: May 3, 2019

Bank of America sold my loan to Bayview Loan Service. The worst in America. To get rid of them am force to sell my house before they try to take it. I had an insurance claim check that I had to send to them for endorsement and they kept my money for more than a month. I ended up had to do my repairs out of my pocket. Wait for them to send someone to inspect it. Got 100% completed and everyday I call the reps just literally lie to me. They have no shame especially Natatsha. She’s a professional liar. Thank God for a supervisor name Mary who intervene. There should be a law pass that consumers should know who banks are selling their loans to so you can investigate them. Bayview has so much class action lawsuit. It’s frightening when I read other reviews. It scares me and made me cry knowing this bank is still in business. I could go on and on. Consumers please be aware!!

Bayview Loan Servicing Company Information