Bayview Loan Servicing

Compare Mortgage Companies

Research top Mortgage Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

My mortgage loan was sold by Chase Bank on 8-9-17, to Bayview with no notice or why. Well I then did research on Bayview, to see all the terrible reviews they have, there wasn't 1 review good not even bad, they were terrible, horrible. They even caused people to die, due to panic attacks, due to how they do business.

Well what should I do? This just happened. Today is 8-15-17, I haven't sent a dime to them yet, say I'm behind, 4 months of payments. I haven't called yet or anything. They have no idea who I am or if anyone lives here, so what should do? Please reply. Don't know how anyone can. The rules say no emails to be listed. I don't want to be a victim of this crooked co. They said in a letter I got that if I didn't contact them within 30 days that they would proceed in Foreclosure. Thanks.

Our mortgage company CitiFinancial sold to Bayview. They are crooks!! Left messages, emails to Dan somebody NO RETURNS EVER!! WHEN CALL THEY SAY ALL IS GOOD, I pay online ON TIME, and I opened a bill to shred, and it showing payment $940!!! I pay $660 for financial problems late last yr, well they say over phone all is good, yet my credit has dropped 100points due to late payments!!! Can we sue these people!! Now can’t refinance because my credit. Can’t talk to anyone because they say all is good, yet can’t speak to anyone because they won’t answer. Something has to be done!! I’ve cried so much due to this company…

In April CitiFinancial sold my account to Bayview. I completed a auto debit form and called to follow up and ensure it was processed. Well June 5, 2017 Bayview reported my account 30 days delinquent and they've had my account for 12 years, which is untrue. I pay all of my bills on time and I never had this problem with Citifinancial. I called to discuss this issue, my call was escalated to a specialist name, Victor. He asked me to fax in my credit report, a written statement and proof of military service so he could update my account. He stated he would have the error removed. I faxed all items the same day. This was the second week of June, well since then I have been unable to get in contact with Victor and the negative item is still on my credit. When I call, other representatives tell me he's not at his desk, I leave a message and he doesn't return my call.

I called on yesterday, and spoke with a representative by the name Samantha (**) the call lasted 1hr and 8 mins and absolutely nothing was accomplished. She had me on hold majority of the call. She stated (1) Victor was unavailable, (2) maybe Citifinancial reported my account delinquent; in which I reminded her of the date my account was transferred and date it was reported, (3) I asked to speak with a supervisor, she put me on hold for another 20 mins and then told me the supervisor was unavailable. I have Lexington Law attempting to remove items from my credit. This is ridiculous and uncalled for!! When companies sell accounts, it would be greatly appreciated if the customer is allowed to have input on selecting a buying company.

My mortgage was sold to Bayview Loan Servicing in April 2016. I was having some financial difficulties during that year and got behind on my loan. I was working to catch up and try and do a modification. I was denied the modification because they said my package was incomplete which is was not the rep. never got back to me when I faxed them to her. So not wanting to waste my time with that nonsense I worked to get my mortgage caught up. I was finally up to date in November 2016. I paid my December payment on time along with the late fee and modification fee they said I owed. They paid the mortgage but to the fee money and put it into an unapplied account. I kept paying the fees over and over not realizing they were putting money into this account.

Eventually I noticed what they were doing and asked the rep to pay the fees, as she said I had to authorize them to pay them out of that account. Of course I authorized it and it never happened. I have since been on the merry go round of getting my account paid properly. Fast forward to July 2017, I figured all was taken care of since I had a marathon call in June straightening everything out, WRONG! Again the fees showed up and they took my July payment which was sent on the 5th of July and took the fee money out and put the rest into an unapplied fund without my knowledge. So to my surprise I received a call saying I hadn't paid my July payment. I called and it took everything I had to try and get this mess straight. I was on the phone with a supervisor and she was going to fix it and call me back two days later.

No call. Nothing. So I called them and again it said my account was not paid and she took all my money and put into the unapplied funds account. It took another marathon call to find out what the heck was going on and I got the run around from one service rep to another until I finally got pissed and let them know I contacted my attorney and the Illinois Attorney General's Office. Amazingly the supervisor I talked to got on the phone and told me she was trying to get the fees taken off my account and that is the reason she could not make the payment and the funds were in the unapplied account.

Now the service rep said I owed $112.00 and here the supervisor is telling me I owed 50 cents and that's why she could not make the payment, I was short 50 cents. I paid it and questioned her about the July late fees and she said she took them off as well as the old late fees. We will see if she did what she said, because I meant what I said. I am filing with the Attorney General's Office and waiting on my Attorney to call me back. No one gets to play with my hard earned money.

I began a loan modification process with Bayview LLC over a year ago. I have been through numerous Asset Management persons and supervisors. After initially contacting Bayview about a loan modification they begin to request documents. For over a year I continued to send them documents and then they would turn around and request the same documents again. Once they received a completed package by law they had 37 days to respond. But they did not care and nobody held them accountable.

My first asset manager was Daniel who never returned phone calls and was never even in when I called. I then was transferred to Joey who every time I called had an excuse and asked for more time. "Just give me two more days" or, "We will know something by next week." What a liar!! All they did was continue to drag me through the mud promising they were working on a modification while at the same time they were "dual tracking" me, which again is against the law. They continued to pursue foreclosures causing me to file two different bankruptcies to stop foreclosures all while going through the modification process.

I not only spoke to Joey but the two supervisors. One named Guy and the other name Timothy. Both of them were no help. These people do not care!! I have owned my home since we built it new for 13 years. My arrears originally was $15,000 but they continued to drag me through the mud until it totaled $55,000. They then denied my modification to the $586,000 Loan. After I appealed their decision based on the loan value being underwater they immediately sent out an appraiser to do an appraisal. After numerous requests and voicemails that were full and never receiving return phone calls or correspondence they denied my appeal and immediately scheduled a third foreclosure date.

Their incompetence at handling this process is over the top. They continued to blame the underwriter that could not figure out my income. Although they were sent three years of tax returns and also requested tax returns from the IRS. They had over six months of pay stubs and still kept asking for a 1099. It's a shame that the future of your house is held hostage by Young 20 year olds that have absolutely no experience in what they're doing. I still have never received a copy of the appraisal that came in at $580,000 which was less than the amount I owed. They were not willing to work out any kind of repayment plan but instead continued foreclosure. They ultimately sold my house at auction for $446,000. That was $130,000 below the appraised value. And their title is Asset Manager? What a joke!! Nobody can understand the anger and frustration if you have never been through this process.

So my warning to everyone that has anything to do with business with Bayview LLC. Beware. These people are liars, manipulators, and incompetent and certainly not considerate. Don't be fooled by them wanting to help you through a modification. Because they will continue to proceed with foreclosure process and drag it out and drain you financially. I agree that there should be a class action lawsuit brought against Bayview LLC for their fraudulent business activities. The average person would go to prison for the fraud that they have committed. But nobody has held this company to account. Whatever you do, do not believe anything they tell you.

I wish somebody at Consumer Affairs would read these numerous complaints about this company and bring some kind of legal action against them. They have hurt my family and caused me to lose the biggest asset in my life. This company is continue to commit fraud over and over again and never held accountable. They should not even be allowed to do business.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bayview Loan Servicing?

I had a mortgage with Citi Finance and had been paying regularly on it for 10 years. Citi sold my loan to Bayview. I had the Citi loan paid down far enough so that most of my payment was going toward the principal. Now with this Bayview ripoff crap out of a $365 a month payment, $73 is going toward the principal. I think that selling one's loan to another company should be an illegal practice. It's not like I had any choice in the matter. Does anyone know of any legal recourse we might be able to take?

After Citigroup sold my loan to Bayview. I received 2 letters from each lender saying that if I had automatic payments set up, I was to do nothing. One day before my loan was due I called Bayview and was told everything was fine. One day after my loan was due and not paid, I called again and they said nothing was set up. They offered to accept a payment over the phone, but tried to charge me a fee. I am still waiting my refund check on that fee.

I then had to send my homeowner's insurance papers to which they denied. My insurance agent sent them on my behalf but was upset that the letter he got said "This is an attempt to collect a debt". What debt? He was the insurance agent! They constantly bombard you with the threat of collecting a debt. I tried to stop them from saying that on the phone, but the person said we have to say that. What a bunch of crooks!

I am a homeowner for 15 years mortgage with Chase. With an unfortunate divorce 5/16 I realized I Was unable to keep up with Bills. I requested a modification. 11/16 Submitted Requested Documents, 12/16 Received Notification My mortgage was now with Bayview Loan Servicing. 1/17 Continued Request for Modification, with Bayview Loan Servicing Completed Request of Documents, was told this would Not Change terms. 2/17 Bayview Loan Servicing suggest a repayment plan and to Submit Documents for approval.

3/17 was Contacted By Bayview Loan Servicing, By a Different Representative, and was Suggested to Apply for Modification and request for Submitting Documents. 4/17 Received Call 5/17 From Representative Evening While I was in a public Business, Lowe's was told The Documents Requested were not Received on time and was not Accepted. I Explained I was in public, Bits Representative Continued to tell me Twice that She apparently Cared more about my home than I Do.

This was Enough for me after my continued Efforts of trying to Resolve this issue and Being told time after time that previous Documents Expired and Current ones had to Be Approved. This last Call was Personal, and I will not Subject myself to this type of business practices. Next 6/17 I Received Documents from Bayview Loan Servicing application for Documents for foreclosure avoidance to Be Submitted. I again Compiled, this Brings to Date, I have Read other Complaints against this Company, some stating incompetence, Although with my Experience this Company is aware of their Activities and Is Deliberately Fraudulent in their activities, and I am Absolutely Believe A CLASS ACTION LAW SUIT NEEDS TO Be filed Against Bayview Loan Servicing.

MY CDD has been sending me "threats" of "liens" via "violations". They send me letters telling me I'm in violation and EVEN when I fix it better than anyone in the CDD, they fine me. Investigation reveals that the "management" company is SEVERN TRENT, and where there is a Severn Trent, there is a BAYVIEW loan shark within minutes, California, Florida, Pennsylvania, Texas, etc, etc. Seems they have opened up "management " companies or at least they are in collusion with them, using the POWER OF THE HOA AND CDD TO "lien" the homes and foreclose on them. Seems the criminals mortgage companies are using extortion to steal people's homes.

Severn Trent Coral Springs, there's a Bayview less than 8 minutes away. Same in Ca, Pa, and Texas... Seems they are BUYING up mortgages, then when the patron pays, they simply say they did not receive the funds, then they start foreclosure proceedings, or they use their MANAGEMENT company to stick the CDD OR HOA on you and then lien your home using a fraudulent violation of the "covenants".

First, why are loans able to be sold. My mortgage has been sold so many times. Sometimes you get good companies and sometimes not. Today is June 1 and I received a call from Bayview about my June payment. Are you kidding me! It's not even end of day and they are calling me. I didn't answer. Later I went to pay by phone and their automated system is so messed up. It kept repeating itself and said I didn't enter numbers. I eventually got transferred to customer service. Told them because I have medical issues I don't want to be contacted by phone. Then added them to my call reject list. We are supposed to have a 15 day grace period. I have never had a mortgage company contact me the day payment is due!! It's harassment.

I claimed bankruptcy 6 yrs. ago and lost my home to them. They wanted to get it put back in their name and offered me $3000.00 "Cash for Keys" if I sign the house over to them. George ** who is the asset manager told me it would take 30 days for me to get my money. That was Jan. 22, 2017. He gets mad every time I call him to ask where my check is. DON'T SIGN ANYTHING WITH THESE PEOPLE! THEY WILL TELL YOU ANYTHING JUST TO GET WHAT THEY WANT OUT OF YOU!

My mother's account had been sold previously to Citibank, and I had similar experiences before. This has been so far the worst. CitiFinancial sold my mother's account to Bayview Loan Servicing. Bayview did not have the account. After numerous calls, was told by Bayview they had staffing shortages - and that my mother's account was in a pile that no one would get to for two weeks. They started her account weeks late, but failed to enter the insurance company information. I mailed in a payment. All the other companies received and cashed the checks promptly. Bayview did at the last minute, the due date.

The next payment - the other companies did the usual. Bayview did not. I got a late notice. With the statement I was able to schedule a payment - I figured they had my other check on their desk. Soon as I scheduled the online payment - they cashed the check I had mailed, 8 days late. For six days I have been trying to log in and review the account and I get a notice "Bayview Loan Service is down for temporary routine maintenance. Please try again later." Am going to try to resolve this loan as soon as possible, company seems so shorthanded that they are suffering poor customer service.

After having my mortgage with Citifinancial for over 12 years, it was transferred to Bayview Loan Servicing this year. The communication has been terrible. I decided to pay my loan off because I did not want to deal with them - I paid the entire mortgage balance and still can not get anyone to respond to my emails or phone calls. I am able to see that my payment was received last month, but I would just like someone to communicate with me. They sent me a letter advising I need to show proof of insurance, which they should have received from Citifinancial when they purchased the account. I have sent it to them twice and I am still receiving notifications. I am so glad I am done with them. I am sure the Mortgage Satisfaction letter should arrive by next year. TERRIBLE COMPANY.

I request payoffs from a vast array of mortgage companies and have never, EVER had the experiences I've had with Bayview. No one responds to emails, voice mails, no one acknowledges faxes. They will actually lie and say they sent something when in truth they have not. One caller says "It was sent to you yesterday". But the next rep will say "No, it's still in process". I have even had to ask my clients to call and request the information we need for our transaction, and Bayview won't even treat their own borrower any better. WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER, and I deal with a lot of mortgage companies and loan servicers.

I have to admit, I feel for all the 1 starred reviews I have been reading but my experience has been a very long but gratifying experience with this Bayview. In 2015, I applied for a modification and was denied because my thought process was to catch up on my loan payments and maybe I would qualify in good standing being current. Well I was wrong in thinking this. I was told by my asset manager at the time that "Now that you're caught up that you don't need one," even though I knew it was imperative that I did.

Time went on and I got behind again and spoke to another loan asset manager and her name is VICKY... I started all this loan modification business again back in August and was 2 months behind and she went through all the options available. She asked me if I wanted to keep my home of 12 yrs. and I sincerely said "YES", which I do. It took me a lot of time gathering ALL my information needed and sent it in. Of course there were times where I didn't have enough documents or they weren't in right order etc. but as I mailed them out, I called her right away and asked her to be on the lookout for them. This all happened within the few weeks they were required and finally by the 4th time everything was in correct order.

With VICKY's patience and my finally getting all my documents, copies etc in line and correct, she saw no reason that I wouldn't be approved. I was worried about becoming 4-5 months behind but payments weren't required as it was in review for this modification, that's why you were not approved before. My payments were up to date. Pretty simple.

Well I received my paperwork for approval and if I pay the required monthly payments on time for 3 months which are $800 less than my normal payments, the payments would stay around the same for the life of the loan. She was so helpful in the modification process. The key to this is to keep in touch with them so they record you because it shows them that you are serious. Even if she was unable to take my call, I left her a message to see where my status was. She'd call back and leave me a message saying it was still in review. We spoke many times and left each other many a message during the process but we kept in touch. My plan is to keep my word and pay this lower monthly amount and KEEP MY HOUSE... So the key is to just keep after them and hopefully you'll get Vicky as an asset manager.

My loan was transferred to Bayview about 10 years ago. It has been one frustration after another with this company. At first, things went well, but as the years go on they have become less and less workable. We have experienced so many frustrations with just trying to make a simple payment. If you are behind a month you can't pay online... Oh but sometimes you can. It feels like someone behind the scenes pulling the puppet strings. We try to call customer service to pay over the phone and they are closed. We are west coast and they used to stay open on Friday nights for payments till 9 pm our time. Suddenly not anymore and no notification about this change from them. Also, can you believe that we have to call them each month to request a statement??? We still don't get them without a phone call. This company is ridiculous and won't be around for long with this kind of service.

I have been paying the bills for my senior adult mother for several years. Her original loan was another company and was sold to Bayview. However the info that guaranteed me the legal right to have access her account was lost. They requested we send a letter, written by my mother, stating that I had legal right to access the account. They even called her to prove that I was the one who paid the note. Well, today I called to secure the tax information that was not sent to my address... Guess who lost all the info we sent them last year? You guessed it... Bayview. They don't have the letter, which was faxed to them, or even a record of the call. I'm extremely frustrated... Something which the people on the other end of the phone gathered. Personally, if ever the opportunity comes to get a loan from these people, I will run away as fast I can. They are inept. And, that's best I can say about them.

My parents had their mortgage with Citi financial for years and suddenly had it sold to Bayview. My dad spoke to a woman on the phone when they first switched and she clearly thought that because he is in his 60's that she could act like online payments were not possible and started trying to get his bank info over the phone for automatic payments. I spoke up and my dad made it clear that he would only be making manual online payments that he could immediately print proof of (I don't care what they say. this is 2017 and if you have internet access for payments then you should never give info over the phone and NEVER give a company permission to auto deduct payments).

Internet payments allow you to instantly print proof of every payment and ensure you know where every cents goes. Her attitude changed dramatically when she heard me in the background and suddenly (Magically!) online payments were possible! The most recent issue is that my parents DO have insurance and they sent Bayview proof twice now. But Bayview IGNORED it and has informed my parents they will be charging them 300.00 for Hazard insurance. We have insurance. How can they get away with this fraudulent idiocy? When My dad ends up in the hospital after being at PANIC ATTACK level worrying for two days cause they seem to always get these letters from BV on a Saturday ensuring he worries himself ragged for two days. Will they pay his damn hospital bills?

We were with another bank working on modification when they transferred my loan to Bayview Loan Servicing. We started making payments that was agreed upon and now got served Foreclosure paperwork with the courts and now I have 35 days to answer. This is complete crap especially since we were in agreement and two payments have been made. They are crooks and should be shut down.

My father's mortgage was purchased by this company from Citi Financial. Mortgage payments were never delinquent. Since December we've been unable to make a pmt which is affecting my father's credit. Go to the website to make pmt and it won't accept pmt, call to make a pmt and their systems don't recognize account #. Call CS rep and she doesn't know what's going on. This continues on and it's March. Call today and they advise they can't accept my checks due to my bank's error, how can my bank have a error when they haven't taken any pmts from any of our accounts.

They advised I should have my bank send in letter for our accounts, bank does not do 3rd party verification by fax. Further research by bank shows no pmt attempts were made. Bank advised to try bill pay. Called asked for a supervisor and was placed on hold for 20 minutes then advised one wasn't available. I have contacted a lawyer and am planning a suit against this company. They'll be sorry they pissed this red head off!!

Customer services is the worst to deal with. My account is escrow for tax and insurance. My house was even listed in the local newspaper for the tax sales for unpaid property taxed. When I told them I was recording them (after they told me I was being recorded) I was informed that they would have to hang up if I didn't stop the recording. SHADY COMPANY.

If you hear the words Bayview Loan Servicing, walk away. Every time I call customer service I end up in tears. I even did a three way call with them and Wells Fargo (my financial institution) and when the rep couldn't answer our questions she hung up. This company is just awful, does not record all payments, even though the checks were cashed and I have proof from my bank. Also I've sent them my certificate of insurance several times. They continue to add this to my mortgage payment.

My mortgage was with B of A since 1989 and was sold to Bayview Loans in 2015. I was very upset and could never find out why my loan was sold. I conducted my own research and learned that financial institutions commonly sell loans in order to free up their cash flow on hand. Supposedly, no increases should occur when your mortgage loan is sold to another financial institution. Bayview Loans immediately began charging me for using their automative system to make my mortgage payments.

In 2015, I was advised that I had a shortage in my escrow account in the amount of $700.00. I paid the shortage with no other additional fees. In 2016, I was told I had another shortage in the amount of $2,400.00 dollars. I paid the shortage and was advised my mortgage payment would not be going up. A week later, I received a letter indicating my mortgage payment would be going up by $250.00, because of my property tax. I was given bad information when initially told, my monthly payment would be the same. Every telephone contact I have had with Bayview Loan has not been good because their representatives are incompetent and rude.

Bayview took over my loan. They didn't have any info on my loan. I had to give the acct. numbers everything. Then they have charged me the $60,000 for a remodification they said I got in 2012 which I never completed the remodification and have the check that was sent back where it was not completed. They have also charged me for a lot of other fraudulent charges on my loan. Very rude. Charged me for insurance when I had my own. Awful, terrible. Run. Don't deal with these crooks.

Horrible service. They've lost Jan 2017 payment. They will not let you speak to management. This the second time they've lost my payment. They have these idiots answering the phone who knows nothing about mortgages or homeowner. I'm tired and want out from this company. A class action suit would be great.

I had an appointment for my husband at the hospital for a test for Alzeheimer's, I had an out-of-pocket that I had to pay before I could have the test so I phone asking to have a direct deposit canceled for one payment, was assured it was, but of course that did not happened and it was deducted. As I type this I have been on hold with Customer Service for 36 minutes. No one wants to help me, I have requested a supervisor but to no avail, still on hold. I will never forgive Citifinancial for selling my account.

After trying to reach my assigned asset manager for almost 2 weeks, I was told by a customer service agent that she was no longer with the company. A week later, I called to get more information concerning my loan and to ask for clarification of a point that was ambiguous, and the newly assigned asset manager that I spoke with was incapable of comprehending my question, spoke so quickly that I couldn't understand him, and became quickly insulting. I tried to explain that I hadn't heard from the former asset manager and had been told that she left the company when he interrupted me saying that she still in fact worked there but that it was not her role to 'speak' with customers. This surprised me as I had had a number of conversations with her previously; therefore I asked to speak with his supervisor.

He responded that the issue did not need a supervisor, that all I had to do was sign and return the requested document, that it wasn't necessary to answer my question. I asked several times for the name of a supervisor and still he refused, telling me that I was wasting his time and that if there was nothing else, he would need to hang up. If this is the type of employee that this company employs, it doesn't bode well for us as customers. This company does indeed need to be thoroughly investigated.

This company is terrible! CENLAR sold our mortgage to Bayview and I have never dealt with such incompetent people in my life. No one knows what's going on with the account. Each person says something different. Awful! This worst part is, we have no choice but to deal with these people. If you have any brains, do not give this company the time a day. I want to take a crap on every person I've spoken too.

I owned a home and had a mortgage with Wells Fargo. Husband died in 2009 and WF didn't want to work with me. Moved out of the house in November of 2014 and informed WF I was walking away, as per my lawyer's instructions. Now I get a letter (over 2 years later!) from Bayview saying they took over the mortgage??? Can they do that with a house in foreclosure? Since the original mortgage was in my husband's name only, I know they have no recourse with me, but I don't need the aggravation of having to deal with some fly by night operation regarding a house I let go a long time ago.

Worst company to deal with. Unprofessional service reps. Add charges to your monthly statements without notifying you or explaining to you what the charges are for. Charges are also added without approval. Pictures are taken of your home without notification or signed approval. Then they want you to pay for it... WRONG. My mortgage was sold to Bayview - this was not my choice - this company should be no one's choice.

Bayview Loan Servicing Company Profile