Formerly Bayview Loan Servicing

3.5/5 (53 ratings)

About Community Loan Servicing

Community Loan Servicing is a nationwide mortgage lender. The company offers multiple mortgage loan options as well as Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac loans.

Business Update – Coronavirus

Top Community Loan Servicing Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

…The reps were very helpful and they have stayed number one with me so far. They came through with everything that I needed and asked of them… They wouldn't hang up until you’re s...

Verified

… They assisted me in areas I asked for and they did a grand job. I recommended that their bosses treat them to lunch or whatever. I've made several calls on their behalf because ...

What is Community Loan Servicing?

Community Loan Servicing is a mortgage lender that offers new mortgage loans to homebuyers throughout the U.S., Guam and Puerto Rico. It’s a subsidiary of Bayview Asset Management, a larger wealth-management group. Community also supports a nonprofit focused on children’s education and enrichment in Florida. The company’s mission is to provide supportive, respectful loan servicing, even during financial hardships.

What does Community Loan Servicing do?

Community provides new mortgage loans to homebuyers across the country. It accepts loan applications exclusively over the phone, but you can manage your account online once accepted. It also offers online resources with further information about the company and available mortgage loans. If you struggle to make your mortgage payment, Community works with you to find options.

Community loan rates and fees

Community interest rates follow industry standards, so check current mortgage rates to get an idea of what you’ll pay. Mortgage rates tend to vary widely based on the type of loan, the amount of the loan and your credit history.

The company’s website features a schedule of fees, including appraisal that ranges from $400 to $675, title searches up to $500 and other associated costs. Borrowers in New York and Hawaii are subject to a separate fee schedule.

Community Loan Servicing FAQ

Who owns Community Loan Servicing?
Community Loan Servicing is a subsidiary of Bayview Asset Management, a wealth management firm that provides a variety of financial and lending services.
Does Community Loan Servicing offer refinancing loans?
No, Community does not offer home refinancing. It focuses solely on new mortgage loans.
Can you apply for Community Loan Servicing loans online?
No, you cannot apply for Community’s mortgage loans online. To begin your application, call Community during business hours.
Where is Community Loan Servicing located?
Community is based out of Florida, but it services loans for buyers throughout the U.S., Guam and Puerto Rico.

Is Community Loan Servicing legitimate?

Community Loan Servicing, previously known as Bayview Loan Servicing, is a legitimate lender that provides financing solutions for homebuyers across the country. It doesn’t offer mortgage refinancing, but potential borrowers can apply for new mortgage loans over the phone. Check Community’s website for a complete list of fees and educational resources.

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Community Loan Servicing?

Original review: May 10, 2022

I've had a good experience with Community Loan Servicing. I was going through a modification and right in the middle of my modification was when Community took over. We finished that up then we went right into pandemic, which worked out in my favor. They've been nothing but kind. I wanted to write the president a note saying how generous they were as a single person trying to make all these ends meet. The problem with me was in my condo, they also hit us up with a $12,000 special assessment. When I started here, they were 200 to 500, and now they're almost 800. It happened the same time between not working and getting that hit up. It worked out in my favor because Community Loan Servicing was so kind about me putting my mortgage on the back end.

I'm happy with the customer service. Sometimes I have to not rob Peter to pay Paul, but sometimes I have to pay my assessment before my mortgage and I have to pay them because they're both kind of big ticket items. I move on between which one is coming up and Community Loan Servicing is nice about that. I have done that a couple of times and probably have to do that again. They're very flexible and I'm not getting big late fees. My credit score has gone up too. The only thing was in the beginning I had to do a lot of paperwork. They were a little difficult and my account was getting bounced around here and there. I never truly knew who my direct contact was. Now, it seems I don't have a single representative that handles my accounts at all.

Community Loan Servicing response

Thanks for the Tracey! The team here at Community works hard to meet expectations like yours, and we’re happy to hear we hit the mark for you!!

Please let us know if there is ever anything else we can do. Best wishes!!!

NMLS #2469

Get buying tips about Loan Modification Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 18, 2022

Community Loan Servicing acquired my Bayview Lending account, and I have a mortgage arrangement with them. They've been providing information ahead of time. They made the COVID Assistance components available to me based on my needs. So, I've been good with them. The different persons who go into my account appear to cover the information thoroughly before they look at my present situation. They appear to be professional in their approaches, and I'm not having any problems with getting my situation updated. Unfortunately, it's been changing quite a bit due to these last couple of years.

Community Loan sends materials that indicate services like refinance or the loan adjustment. I really appreciate those things being available, and I hope to take advantage of them. One thing though, their opening statement always indicates something that reminds me that they are a debt collection service, which is different than saying they're a mortgage holder or mortgage assistance. To me, debt collection puts them in the mind of loan sharks. That causes a negative additional response and if that's not a necessary introduction, there might be a way to rephrase it a bit. A debt collector is not necessarily concerned with your current or changing scenario, whereas the mortgage company is in it for the long term. So, they should be more concerned with your changing scenarios.

Community Loan Servicing response

Byron, we really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. We look forward to working with you again in the future!

NMLS #2469

Original review: Dec. 2, 2021

I got on a schedule where Community Loan Servicing makes a partial payment like half of it every two weeks because I wanted to get ahead. Each year, I have an extra payment. So, their rep told me the process. He said, "Because you're caught up. So your next one's not even due till January." What we did was he took me off the automated one for now. Then this month, I'm just going to call Community and make a payment and tell them, “I want that 100% on principal,” and then we'll get it back on the every other week for January because I like to stay ahead.

The only thing is their automated operator, when you're kind of waiting, keep saying, “Community is a debt collector. Any communication is an attempt to collect the debt.” I'm totally on time. I'm not in any of that category. I'm not sure why they always have that on there, and I don't like it. Other than that, the process with getting it set up with every other week with them has been pretty good. I told them, "Well, I want to get ahead. I have an extra payment every year." He said, "Call in December." When I called them, the associate was really helpful.

Community Loan Servicing response

Scott, we really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. We look forward to working with you again in the future!

NMLS #2469

Original review: Oct. 29, 2021

The process was fine. But the underwriter was so slow. She didn't look at the file in one shot. She went like via a menu. So when she found something missing, she stopped and asked for it. Then we sent it then she continued. But she found something else. She took her time because every time, she put the file aside and when she got to the file again, she took more time. Then she found something else missing. After we finished all the menu, some items we submitted earlier expired. She asked for them again. So it took a long time. She was not experienced enough to look at the whole requirement. There are 10 requirements but three were missing. She requested these three missing requirements and then we sent it over one time, and it was done. But I wish next time, they just look at the file in full and ask for the needed documents one shot and then we could send it one shot and we're done.

Community Loan Servicing response

Justin, we appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. We look forward to working with you again in the future!

NMLS #2469

Original review: Oct. 9, 2021

The reps at Community Loan Servicing couldn't have been nicer folks to deal with. I needed their service to get my mortgage straightened out. Also, I was hit by a car and out of work. Then, we were COVID infected and we're looking for work right now. Community Loan Servicing was able to defer the payments to the rear end and back to my monthly payment. But I didn't get the escrow resolved. The lady that I worked with was able to walk me through four various options and was so personable. It was almost as if she could relate with the situation. I deal with a lot of customers myself as I work for waste management and her demeanor was how they were trained. Whereas I've talked with others and they were just terrible to talk to. So they must have very nice culture there at Community Loan Servicing.

Community Loan Servicing response

Thank you so much for your thoughtful words, Larry. We really appreciate you letting us know about your experience. We look forward to working with you again in the future!

Resolution response: Aug. 5, 2022

Thank you for the prompt resolution to this issue. Our family appreciates you for your help.

Original review: July 19, 2022

My parents were approved for a senior citizen tax exemption. Tax refund was sent by the county to the mortgage company. Was told by Community Loan Servicing that things were being taken care of and should be ready in a couple weeks. Well, it's been MONTHS of runarounds. Can't get through on the phone and can't get any email reply. Extremely frustrating. Highly unprofessional, unethical, and seems downright illegal.

Community Loan Servicing response
    Yong, Community Loan Servicing regrets your recent experience with us. We strive to provide excellent customer service, but sometimes do not hit the mark. Thank you for taking the time to write this comment.

We do value your feedback.

To address your concerns, I hope to work with you to get more information, but I would be grateful if you could let me know how to reach you. Please contact me directly at 800-771-5972 (weekdays between 9 am and 6 pm Eastern) to provide your loan information and further discuss and attend to your concerns. You may also email me at SVPCUSTOMERADVOCATE@CommunityLoanServicing.com, if you prefer.

NMLS #2469

Original review: June 16, 2022

Community Loan takes long to answer my call or return my call. They send letters out stating that we need to reach out to them as soon as possible. If not, we can lose our home but when we called, they never answered. We did emails, but they never really respond. We have to wait on the line for hours. Sometimes, the phone just drops. We finally got someone and it was very brief. We tried to get ahold of them again and it was the same thing.

Community Loan Servicing response

Elizabeth, Community Loan Servicing, would like to apologize for the experience you encountered in reference to your loan. We pride ourselves on providing all of our customers with excellent customer service. We appreciate your time writing this comment and value your feedback.

Would you please contact me directly at 800-771-5972 (weekdays between 9 am and 6 pm Eastern) if you need further assistance, or you may also email me at SVPCUSTOMERADVOCATE@CommunityLoanServicing.com, if you prefer?

NMLS #2469

Original review: June 9, 2022

The customer service people were friendly. But I just got a bill in the mail that's $2,000 more than what we had discussed. I asked if there were going to be any additional fees I needed to be aware of so I could prep for that payment. I was told that there would just be a monthly payment. Now, I'm sitting with a bill that's a whole lot more than what they quoted me. That's a little bit unnerving. Other than that, the terms are fair. They just need to be more detailed when giving explanations so that people are fully prepared for payments that are coming their way.

Community Loan Servicing response

Lisa, we really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. Best wishes!!!

NMLS #2469

Original review: June 3, 2022

This is one of the worst servicing companies I have ever worked with. I work as a commercial lender and also invest my personal money into real estate, so have a lot of experience with loan servicing. Community Loan Servicing may be one of the worst servicers I have seen, and I have worked with some fairly bad ones. They failed to pay my flood insurance after I repeatedly called them for over 2 months. They kept telling me that the insurance premium was paid, and I believed them the first 2 calls. Then after following up with the insurance company they kept reiterating that the premium had NOT been paid by Community Loan Servicing. Therefore, I kept calling Community Loan Servicing to ask for a proof of payment. Again they said they would send me the proof of payment right away, but it never showed up.

This dance went on for about 2 months, and the insurance premium was never paid, so I had to pay out of pocket to make sure there was no lapse in coverage. Even though I know community loan service would of been liable if there was an insurance claim and the coverage had lapsed per the loan agreement, I did not want to deal with a long drawn out lawsuit that could affect the tenants at the property. I would NEVER recommend this servicing company to anyone in the lending world. This kind of servicer will ruin your client relationships and make sure you never get a deal done again.

Community Loan Servicing response

Carter, Community Loan Servicing, would like to apologize for the experience you encountered in reference to your loan. We appreciate the time you took to write this comment and value your feedback.

We researched the situation and have addressed your concerns, please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

NMLS #2469

Original review: June 1, 2022

Community Loan Servicing’s service was good but I always had difficulty logging in to the website. I had a dream I'd be able to log in without trouble and I never have. But the people were very good. The reps did their best. How long the process takes depend on the cases and transferring me to different places. But it’s within a reasonable time.

Community Loan Servicing response

Thanks for the review, David! The team here at Community works hard to meet expectations like yours, and we’re happy to hear we hit the mark for you!!

Please let us know if there is ever anything else we can do. Best wishes!!!

Community Loan Servicing Company Information