1.05/5

Looking for a mortgage lender?

168 Bayview Loan Servicing Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

Like everyone else it like they start your loan over after you get behind and shove you into modification... Something thing needs to be done. We all need some help. I got into it through Citi finance. Which way do we go? Do we all need lawyers or what?

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

There needs to be a class action lawsuit against this company. They are trying to add money to our mortgage after Chase sold us after 1.5 missed payments. They tell different stories every time we call. We are going to look into a lawyer. They added an escrow account for insurance we already had, so we now have two homeowner policies. They continually send notices they are going to send us to foreclosure even though the mortgage portion is current. Even though requested information was sent to them for validation, they say we are still in the rears. Isn't there anyone that can make these thieves stop? They are unethical and should be put out of business.

Get expert buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2018

22 years in my home and not late one time, I fell behind 3 months. JP Morgan Chase set up a repayment plan. I made the first payment June 2018. July 2nd they sold my mortgage to Bayview... Bayview knows nothing about the Chase repayment plan. No money has been applied which shows me further behind. The money is held in "unapplied" funds. Is this even legal?? Chase tells me Bayview should have been given the repayment plan. Bayview tells me they didn't get it and to wait and check back. Rest assured... it is now August 17th. I'm afraid to send $2500 anywhere... help me. Thanks so Much. I own two homes... Scared to death.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

I just read some of the reviews from Bayview Loan. I thought it was just me but I feel Citi Fin and Bayview or in something my loan for Citi was 89000. In 2003 now Bayview has it and stopped my draft and now was foreclosure. Balance still 89000. How is that. One thing I can promise is I have already paid $187.000.00. They ain't getting my home standing. Lol just a joke. :-)

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

Where do I start! Same thing. Our previous mortgage company sold us to BVL. We had automatic withdrawal on May of this year, they stopped the withdrawal on our payment. We called. Their system was down. They never contact us! My husband called. His contact person is Kenneth **. He was very rude telling my husband to stop calling him, he was not in charge of our account. His name was always been on the statements and my husband has always called him and no problem. That's when everything started.

June statement read we owed $20,412.89, July $21,604.06. Our bank statements shows different. All our checks have cleared! They are not posting payments. I have a company that checks when someone is checking my credit. The credit report shows I am behind on my payments. Just today we hired an Attorney regarding this matter. There should be a Law. They need to let the consumer know when they are selling our account to another mortgage company.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bayview Loan Servicing?

Original review: July 12, 2018

WORST COMPANY EVER!!!! Our home loan was transferred to them from Chase. Payments were not accredited correctly showing we were behind when we were not. It took 3 months for the account to even show up with Bayview. In the meantime, I was told to send payments to them with the Chase acct number on it. I have spent the last several months working on a different issue to get the deed transferred and no one knew how to do it.

I asked for a supervisor only to have the male employees who answered the phone refuse to send me to a supervisor as it was not a supervisor call (Btw these employees hindered the process more because they didn't know wth they were doing). I finally got a female employee and she said no problem. She did get me in touch with a supervisor and per my request gave me one point of contact. If I could give this company zero stars I would. When we get our next home and if our mortgage is EVER transferred to this company again, I will refinance just to get away from them!

Original review: June 25, 2018

Bayview is the worst loan service I have dealt with. They have failed to pay my county taxes out of my Escrow Account. I received one statement in May showing it was paradise, then in June my statement showed it was returned back. When I call them about why my taxes was not paid, they gave me a excuse that the check was cancel because it was not cash in 90 days. I can count very well, May until June is not 90 days. If my Taxes are not paid right away I am going to sue them and report them to every Agency that governs them. Something is not right with this company.

Original review: June 2, 2018

My mom passed away and willed me her house. She had a mortgage at Chase that she was behind in that was transferred to Bayview. The company reached out to me and said they were offering a loan modification. I accepted, sent in the documents they requested, Mom's Will and death certificate. I made the 3 trial payments and a 4th payment. They sent me documents that were made out to my mom, a deceased person. When I called my rep Marsha ** said to cross her name out and initial it, so I did and had all copies notarized. Then I got the runaround and said it will be finalized but to keep on making payments.

When I tried to make my 5th payment they said they would not accept it. I said that I did everything you told me to do. Then Marsha ** told me that I have to do an assumption first and that this should have happened at the beginning which was never told to me. But now they said the only choice is an assumption or a short sale. I am not going to do an assumption because that would be me assuming the loan "As Is", and a mortgage on my credit file behind 12 months. Who in their right mind would do that?

I would have never done anything like this, I feel all this company did was string me along for 6-7 months with its only intention to extort money from me by making promises to keep my mom's house after trial payments when they never intended. I talked to Marsha ** numerous times and all she said was the escalation team was going to reach out to me, well that was for 3 weeks in a row. The last time was, "Her manager" was going to. Still nothing. Marsha ** said that Bayview should have never taken any money from me, and I would probably get a refund, approx $6,300.00. This has caused a lot of emotional stress as I am a middle-aged man with a heart issue. This is also the house I grew up in. All this company did is take my hard earned money from me, lied to me dozens of times. If there is a class action lawsuit please contact me, **.

Original review: May 26, 2018

I applied for a loan modification. I submitted all the required documents. All of the communication has been done with me making the calls. I last spoke with the the person taking care of the modification in April of this year. He assured me that was all he needed and ask me to fax the same information to their underwriter. I did. He says he would call with the update. He never called. I call Bayview. I was assigned someone new. This person just told me yesterday he didn't find the documents and want me to start the process all over. This does not sound right. He can get the information from the underwriter. If anyone want proceed with a class action lawsuit please contact me at **.

Original review: May 15, 2018

I have been sending in more money than my mortgage payment actually should be. Only to find out that they have not been applying the extra money at all. Really need some help here. Can there be a class action suit filed against them?

Original review: May 7, 2018

In late March 2018, I received notice from Chase that my deceased brother's mortgage was being taken over by Bayview Loan Servicing and that I'd be hearing from Bayview. I tried calling Chase on April 3 to find out why the loan was no longer with Chase, but they said it had been transferred, and didn't have information. They suggested I call Bayview, which I did. Bayview said they didn't have any information, probably because the loan hadn't completely transferred over yet. They said they couldn't look it up under the Chase account number, or my brother's information, but I would be receiving paperwork with the new Bayview account number shortly.

Once I received the paperwork I called Bayview again. This time I was told that they couldn't talk to me until I had authorization to speak on my brother's behalf. The estate is in probate, as my brother died suddenly and left no will. Immediately after the probate hearing on 4/23, I called Bayview yet again. This time I was told that I needed to fax the Letter of Administration and Death certificate to their office. I was given a fax number. We tried that fax number every day for over a week, and got an error message every time.

Finally I called the customer service number again, and after twenty minutes of being shuffled around through various menus and hold messages, all taking me back to the main menu, I finally reached a live person. I told him my story, and he asked for the fax number I was using. "Oh no," he said, "that's not the right number!" He proceeded to give me a new fax number, which worked, and told me that it takes 24-48 hours for the information to be uploaded into the system. Since it was Thursday morning, he told me to call Friday afternoon, or better yet, Saturday. I asked him if they would be open on Saturday, and he assured me that they were. I looked at the customer service information on the mortgage statement, and was shocked to find that they do, indeed, list Saturday hours.

I called on Saturday, and over the course of about two hours was transferred by automated system to this exchange, which told me to please wait, only to be greeted by "Nancy" the automated greeter, who encouraged me to push 0 to speak to a colleague, which I did, and which then took me back to the main menu again. After far too many tries, which did nothing but infuriate me, I finally for a left a message asking for a callback on Monday. I also visited their website, which lists totally different business hours than are given on the mortgage statements.

By Monday afternoon, I still had not received a callback, and it was nearing the 5 pm. EST that is touted on their outgoing messages, despite their statement stating hours of M-F 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. ET and Saturday 8-5 ET. I called and spoke with Solange, who told me that she couldn't find the authorizing letters in the system. She asked me what fax number I used, and I told her the number given to me by Rafael. "Oh NO!" she says, "That's not the right number! It's..." and she gave me the number that I'd tried unsuccessfully to reach for a week.

At this point, I'm ready to blow, and I told her the situation. She said it was impossible to talk to me about the mortgage because they didn't have authorization. I told her I just want to make a payment plan to avoid foreclosure on the house. She said I can make a payment, she'd be happy to do that for me. Okay! Now we're getting somewhere. NO! Unless it's the full amount, they can't take a partial payment from me because I'm not authorized on the account. BUT I AM!

At this point she tells me I can email the documents to a loss mitigation department, and I did, and I also emailed them to Customer Service. I am about to go looking for the CEO's information and contact him or her, but I think I might just try my Congressperson. Judging from the complaints listed here, this is standard operation for this company, and it's shameful, if not downright unethical.

Original review: April 25, 2018

Bayview had contacted me with a loan modification to pay mortgage, promising that it would not affect a short sale of the property. The short sale amount was approved by Bayview, indicating the bottom dollar that they would accept. When I finally got a buyer for the home, Bayview had denied the short sale on the basis that the payments on the loan were up to date. Thus in Bayview's opinion I was able to afford the loan, regardless that the market value of the property was much less than the principle that was owed. I keep calling Bayview and they put you on hold when they recognize your phone number and hang up after 10 minutes. I've called every number they list, with the same results. I would like start a class action suit based on fraudulent practices and I need everyone's help if you can assist in any way. Thank you!

Original review: April 5, 2018

Paying off my mortgage has been a nightmare. With a balance of .25 (yes, twenty five cents) BAYVIEW claimed my final payment BOUNCED and assessed a $20 fee... (My bank Guarantees no payment was submitted and it certainly would not have bounced). Furthermore, NOW, Bayview's online payment site will not accept any payments on my account. They put the account in the hands of a "foreclosure counselor". (This payment isnt actually due until tomorrow.) Thus, being that Bayview will not allow me to make this payment, I have to hire a Lawyer, and pay this payment (25 cents) through the court tomorrow, just to cover my ass from whatever scheme Bayview is trying to pull.

Original review: April 3, 2018

They will do everything they can to not help. They won't tell you things you ask for. They can't even show you your payment record without an official request, and then it takes weeks to get if you even get it. Their online site is completely useless. They stink.

Original review: April 3, 2018

I wouldn't give this company any stars BUT it doesn't allow for that. This company SUCKS! First I never signed a contract with this company but yet they now own my loan! Second, the numerous attempts to reconcile my acct with this company has failed miserably. I can't even begin to tell you just how many times I had to call this company to set up a recurring payment plan but for some reason this would always fall through and I'd find myself right back to square one calling them the following month to set it up again! I filed bankruptcy and our house was included and we never reaffirmed the home loan. However, we stayed in the house making the monthly payments.

This company took over our loan and from the beginning couldn't seem to get their head out of their ** long enough to get the process right. Now, many months later, after I've had enough and absolutely just have given up they are sending threatening letters telling me they're going to foreclose on the property if I don't pay the entire loan amount. Seriously, at this point they can just SHOVE IT UP THEIR REARS! Something MUST be done about these sort of companies, this is theft, not a penny of the monthly payments that I managed to pay since 2010 has lowered the amount of the loan. It's ludicrous that this company and the previous company has literally stolen money and yet are still in business. I agree with another that made comment. This is exactly why people destroy properties before they exit. I mean after all why not?! Might as well take what they can, right?

Original review: March 31, 2018

Dealing with this company has created the most significant ulcer ever. My mother passed away in May of 2017; I didn't become executor of her estate until sometime in September I believe... in the meantime, we had no idea where her mortgage was located, which bank, etc. Finally, after finding out it was Chase, they had just sold it to Fannie Mae, making Bayview lending the servicer for this account. My mother, because she was dead didn't make mortgage payments, and we couldn't because we didn't know where it was, so Bayview needed to collect back payments. And politely arranged a payment plan, of which as soon as I found out about I started paying on.

I have never have missed a payment in now what five-six months. Well, they wanted me to assume the loan, and sign paperwork NOT UNDER MY NAME UNDER THE ESTATE OF MY MOTHER, which is weird to me. SO I attempted to talk with Fannie Mae, another crappy company, they asked that I send formal paperwork establishing me as executor and her death certificate, which I did. Then they said they couldn't talk with me after receiving these documents because I didn't redact (BLACK OUT WITH A MARKER) stuff they didn't need to see. NO **. They wouldn't talk to me for that reason. SO I'm stuck with Bayview... once I received the paperwork, which I had no idea was coming, to take on the loan, they gave me ten days to return the form notarized and signed. IT WAS A BOOK.

I received it on a Friday, which automatically took one day away Sat, Sun gone, which left 7 days to have my attorney look at that papers and then have it notarized... My attorney was on a two-week cruise, do they think I can afford another attorney to look at that book? SO I called my rep. Yeah old Ben **, and I left a message... now he said he didn't get it... and was sweet all the way through this process until a later. He told me I needed to write a formal appeal, which I did in February, I received notice the 3rd of March that they would reply to the appeal with a decision if they would send the papers again by the 20th of March, it's March 30th, I haven't heard anything.

Keep in mind I keep making payments, not missed one. NOW I get a notice today that they are accelerating the loan process for possible repossession. BEN my service rep for this account, stopped talking to me because we finally had words over this account and I let him know that I record my calls... which is legal if you didn't know. (I don't even have to let him know I'm recording, and federal law states if you are holding legal business transactions over the phone you can record in any state)... but this company refuses to let their people be recorded. NOW he won't talk to me at all, refuses to return my calls, and I have to practically beg to get them to take a payment, they have to ask BEN first if they can take it... which he has approved twice now.

Even today as I made a payment, and left a message asking if he knew any news regarding my appeal... he was too busy or wasn't taking my call, too busy is possible. I'll give him that... but I finally found someone nice who explained why the company doesn't like to be recorded though they can record you... I use it to translate to a word document, to know who I called what we talked about and so on... as executor I talk to many people about mom's account, so it's important to keep good notes.

Now they send me notice that they plan to expedite the procedures to foreclose though I'm paying each month and I can't talk to a damn person. Not there or Fannie Mae... I wish Chase hadn't sold the account, this is the worst company, and there is nothing I can do but hope to God they try to take me to court, because I'll be there with all my transcripts of their playing with me, sending me notices with ten days to respond, but including days that I haven't even recieved the letter yet, or leading me into paying something that I thought was paying down her payments of being behind in payments, only to JUST LEARN, what I've been paying is essentially a way of pushing a hold button.... not one damn credit towards her late fees... in fact the amount has gone up though I've been paying.

There has to be a way to hold these companies accountable for their actions, has to be... why would they choose to take the loss on a house that is being paid for each month. I see why people, who are forced from their homes by mortgage companies, why they destroy the inside of the homes, taking the copper, spray painting the walls, ruining the carpet... etc. I get it... especially if you treat someone who is paying, as though they are a deadbeat who hasn't. What a joke company. And what's worst of all... the fact that I was under the assumption the payments I made were going to lower the amount she was behind, NOPE... it's just something they pocketed. THAT SOUNDS CRIMINAL TO ME.

Original review: March 22, 2018

I am writing about my parent's situation. They have a loan with Bayview mortgage. Their house burnt on March 5. I have been dealing with them for two weeks and been told something different each time, even that they could not rebuild, they receive the insurance money and was told they get it back, then they told me they could not put a trailer back there. Each time I asked to speak to a supervisor and they would not let me talk to anyone. How to get answers but most of all what do you do when your parents are homeless and no one helps you.

Original review: March 21, 2018

Due to unfortunate circumstances, I fell behind 4 months on my mortgage with Chase who then sold my mortgage to Bayview. The first thing I received from them was their "Welcome Package" which threatened immediate foreclosure. I called them and they assured me that foreclosure proceedings had not yet begun. I made a 1 month good faith payment to try and work with them. Last Saturday I ran an early morning errand and returned to find a note taped to my door that Bayview had been there to inspect my house - before 9am on a Saturday (and they expected me to let them into my house before 9am on the weekend, unannounced, and with the rest of the family sleeping in their bedrooms)!

Then I get a FedEx package from them on 03/19/18 saying that I had 3 options: 1) Accept a loan modification paying $300 less each month that would extend my mortgage (with only 15 years left on it) for another 40 years! or 2) Leave my house and let them do a short sale or deed-in-lieu-of, or 3) Foreclosure proceedings would CONTINUE (they assumed the mortgage on 02/01/18 and foreclosure proceedings have already begun by 03/15/18?) This company obviously wants to buy my $450,000 Long Island, NY house for the $118,000 remaining on my mortgage and flip it for profit. This company is sleazy and aggressive.

They bought my mortgage with the sole intent on evicting my family (including 2 children with autism to whom this is the only house they've ever known). Bottom line: they are sharks looking to take advantage of those of us who have fallen on hard times. And if they send another agent to my house unannounced and at an unconventional hour, trying to force his or her way into my home - they will have a very rude welcome, after which the police will be called to arrest the home invaders.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

I have had nothing but trouble. WORST company I have ever dealt with. Misapply funds, try to charge for insufficient funds when no check was ever returned, can't get them on the phone, once you do, they argue and deny mistakes on their part. For 7 yrs I was never late or missed a payment, now, for over a year they have shown me behind. HORRIBLE SERVICE. I never would have chosen a company like them to take out a loan with, so, I don't know who gets to pick and choose, but, STAY AWAY FROM BAYVIEW.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

Billing statement and my Form 1098 have different amounts. I've made 2 calls and have had it wait on hold to get information. On 01/24/2018 I spoke with someone named Deshaca and was told they would send a corrected copy. This form also stated that $186.09 applied to principal and my 12/01/2017 statement said $252.37 to principal per month. Something is really is wrong with this company. I've been on hold now for 38 minutes. Still holding for an answer. I would really like someone to look into this company. 45 minutes now placed on hold. Thank you.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

In early February 2017, I requested for a payoff statement on my Loan No. **. On 2/14/2017 the company sent me a statement adding several charges totaling an amount of $16,292.07 to the outstanding Principal Balance of the loan calling them various names. All these charges were never stated in the earlier monthly statements of the account. On February 18, 2017, I wrote a letter to the Company asking for explanations and clarifications on the very strange additions to the loan balance, which were not justified under the loan agreement. They did not respond to my letter. However, since I was selling the property and very close to closing up the sale, I informed the Company that I would go to closing with the estimate given to but will still require that they provide clarifications on the charges. I closed the sale and contacted the company, but till date, it has refused to respond to me.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

It's unbelievable how incompetent they are. My mortgage was transferred to them. They asked for proof of insurance. I sent it. They kept on asking. I called them. They kept on asking. I uploaded proof to them. They kept on asking and they added an insurance premium to my monthly payment. I called them and got the payment removed and sent proof of insurance via the email address provided in the phone call. The next month, they again added the bogus insurance charge. So, I logged onto my insurance carrier's site and sent them 200 individual proofs of insurance in one day. Then they responded that they had received my proof of insurance. But, no worries. They continued to try to charge me the additional insurance charge.

The latest, actually as of today. I sent them my payment electronically. They sent me an email confirmation but never processed the payment. So, then they added an NSF charge. I sent them a message through their messaging system. No response. I called them. I tried to submit the payment again. Nope, their web page said that my bank does not allow electronic transfers. I called them. The idiot on the phone told me that they might be liens on my account or some other **. I told her to process the payment again. She did it. It went through. She was at a loss to explain why. If you can avoid this company, then do so. I am looking to refi just because I dislike them so much.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

As with all the other reviewers, this is a sleazy company and since my mortgage was assumed by them, the interest charges were unbelievable. Run, don't walk if you are offered a loan by them. So happy that I was able to recently refinance and tell them exactly what I thought of them. :(

Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

My loan from Chase was bought by Bayview - I have been attempting to modify a loan since July. I have sent the same information into Cynthia ** many times and she continually loses it or can't find so I then resend with the same results. I too never receive callbacks or the requested please tell me items have been received. I question the quality of employees there. I submitted a profit and loss statement as requested and told it didn't look professional enough. This is by far the worst company I have ever dealt with.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

Citifinancial sold my loan to Bayview Loan Servicing Company last year, and that was the biggest mistake ever! Every month I have to argue with those idiots about my monthly payment. For some reason they cannot find my hazard or flood insurance policy EVERY MONTH!! I've been living at my residence for 13 years, and I've never had this problem before! It's a shame my mortgage payment is different every month. They are depositing my payments, but are putting them in a separate account. My payments are not going towards my monthly mortgage payments.

Although I've made November's payment, it did not go towards my mortgage payment. Now I have a past due amount for November and December. Also, the employees there are so rude!!! If you do not tell them what they want to hear it, they will place you on hold until you hang up the phone. Every time I talked to a different employee they do not have a clue what I am talking about, but the calls are being recorded???

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

I have been a homeowner for more than 20 years and this year Citi Financial decided to sell my account to Bayview Loan Services. This company has made so many mistakes until I have had enough with them in just 4 months. First, I was told that I didn't have homeowner's insurance and flood insurance, I got my insurance company to email them a copy of my policy and yet instill they still added more insurance to my account. I can't and WILL NOT deal with a company that has handled this and all situations in this highly unprofessional manner, even when there is more than enough insurance coverage at the residence. I have NEVER had a problem like this before. I have my payments drafted from my checking account monthly and have previously contacted my bank on this matter. How can an account be past due when the amount is being taken the same date MONTHLY?!!

Original review: Nov. 5, 2017

I am so glad to read these reviews on this sleazy company. My homeowner's loan was sold by CitiFinancial to this company in June of 2017. I had no idea it was gonna happen til I received a notification out of the blue from Citi and these crooks at Bayview. My situation was I was in a chapter 13 which my home shouldn't have been included since I continued to make my payments on my own. I have been requesting since that time for them Bayview to send me monthly statements so I can pay my payment as well as track my balance.

I have even had my lawyer to contact them for the same request and to this day they have failed to comply. Saying at first they can only send statements to my lawyer which they didn't do. Now that my bankruptcy is coming to an end they are still not sending me statements as requested but trying to say I'm behind. Thank God for my bank cause I can track all of my payments. This is an awful company and I am begging for them to be shut down immediately. So sorry to hear about the people that have had to lose their homes. Something has got to be done about Bayview NOW.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

It takes them 3-4 weeks to post my mortgage payment in their records, even though the money comes out of my checking account immediately. I've paid via electronic check, physical check, over the phone, it doesn't matter... They are the worst company I've ever had to deal with. Thanks CHASE for selling my mortgage to these losers. I've had to block their number due to their harassment when the error is on the side of the company. The suggestion of a class action lawsuit sounds completely pliable to me. This company should not be in business.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

I am a broker and the process for short sale for a client that wanted to be responsible and didn't want to let go of the home to foreclosure. I presented them with a complete file in May 2016 and it took them over 4 months to present it to FNMA. By that time the buyer had bailed out! I found a second buyer and the second time around even though they had a complete package they still cannot do a good job. Every time they promise but they never deliver. I had to beg FNMA rep to call them and ask them to send the file to them. The worst company that I have ever worked with. The house is vacant and maintaining this home is a lot of responsibility on my end. Loan number attached.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

This company bought my loan from TCF Bank. It stole money from me, and sent its gangster to beat me under disguise of home inspection. Bayview makes Osama bin Laden look innocent. If you want to destroy America's retirement and stock market look at Bayview. They service loan for us bank defrauded the Investors and the sold it to MetLife. Bayview doesn't believe in the law, criminals like Bayview are destroying America.

Bayview Loan Servicing Company Information