Formerly Bayview Loan Servicing

3.9/5 (78 ratings)

About Community Loan Servicing

Community Loan Servicing is a nationwide mortgage lender. The company offers multiple mortgage loan options as well as Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac loans.

Business Update – Coronavirus

Top Community Loan Servicing Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

…The reps were very helpful and they have stayed number one with me so far. They came through with everything that I needed and asked of them… They wouldn't hang up until you’re s...

Verified

… They assisted me in areas I asked for and they did a grand job. I recommended that their bosses treat them to lunch or whatever. I've made several calls on their behalf because ...

What is Community Loan Servicing?

Community Loan Servicing is a mortgage lender that offers new mortgage loans to homebuyers throughout the U.S., Guam and Puerto Rico. It’s a subsidiary of Bayview Asset Management, a larger wealth-management group. Community also supports a nonprofit focused on children’s education and enrichment in Florida. The company’s mission is to provide supportive, respectful loan servicing, even during financial hardships.

What does Community Loan Servicing do?

Community provides new mortgage loans to homebuyers across the country. It accepts loan applications exclusively over the phone, but you can manage your account online once accepted. It also offers online resources with further information about the company and available mortgage loans. If you struggle to make your mortgage payment, Community works with you to find options.

Community loan rates and fees

Community interest rates follow industry standards, so check current mortgage rates to get an idea of what you’ll pay. Mortgage rates tend to vary widely based on the type of loan, the amount of the loan and your credit history.

The company’s website features a schedule of fees, including appraisal that ranges from $400 to $675, title searches up to $500 and other associated costs. Borrowers in New York and Hawaii are subject to a separate fee schedule.

Community Loan Servicing FAQ

Who owns Community Loan Servicing?
Community Loan Servicing is a subsidiary of Bayview Asset Management, a wealth management firm that provides a variety of financial and lending services.
Does Community Loan Servicing offer refinancing loans?
No, Community does not offer home refinancing. It focuses solely on new mortgage loans.
Can you apply for Community Loan Servicing loans online?
No, you cannot apply for Community’s mortgage loans online. To begin your application, call Community during business hours.
Where is Community Loan Servicing located?
Community is based out of Florida, but it services loans for buyers throughout the U.S., Guam and Puerto Rico.

Is Community Loan Servicing legitimate?

Community Loan Servicing, previously known as Bayview Loan Servicing, is a legitimate lender that provides financing solutions for homebuyers across the country. It doesn’t offer mortgage refinancing, but potential borrowers can apply for new mortgage loans over the phone. Check Community’s website for a complete list of fees and educational resources.

Community Loan Servicing Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Community Loan Servicing?

Original review: May 10, 2022

I've had a good experience with Community Loan Servicing. I was going through a modification and right in the middle of my modification was when Community took over. We finished that up then we went right into pandemic, which worked out in my favor. They've been nothing but kind. I wanted to write the president a note saying how generous they were as a single person trying to make all these ends meet. The problem with me was in my condo, they also hit us up with a $12,000 special assessment. When I started here, they were 200 to 500, and now they're almost 800. It happened the same time between not working and getting that hit up. It worked out in my favor because Community Loan Servicing was so kind about me putting my mortgage on the back end.

I'm happy with the customer service. Sometimes I have to not rob Peter to pay Paul, but sometimes I have to pay my assessment before my mortgage and I have to pay them because they're both kind of big ticket items. I move on between which one is coming up and Community Loan Servicing is nice about that. I have done that a couple of times and probably have to do that again. They're very flexible and I'm not getting big late fees. My credit score has gone up too. The only thing was in the beginning I had to do a lot of paperwork. They were a little difficult and my account was getting bounced around here and there. I never truly knew who my direct contact was. Now, it seems I don't have a single representative that handles my accounts at all.

Community Loan Servicing response

Thanks for the Tracey! The team here at Community works hard to meet expectations like yours, and we’re happy to hear we hit the mark for you!!

Please let us know if there is ever anything else we can do. Best wishes!!!

NMLS #2469

Get buying tips about Loan Modification Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 18, 2022

Community Loan Servicing acquired my Bayview Lending account, and I have a mortgage arrangement with them. They've been providing information ahead of time. They made the COVID Assistance components available to me based on my needs. So, I've been good with them. The different persons who go into my account appear to cover the information thoroughly before they look at my present situation. They appear to be professional in their approaches, and I'm not having any problems with getting my situation updated. Unfortunately, it's been changing quite a bit due to these last couple of years.

Community Loan sends materials that indicate services like refinance or the loan adjustment. I really appreciate those things being available, and I hope to take advantage of them. One thing though, their opening statement always indicates something that reminds me that they are a debt collection service, which is different than saying they're a mortgage holder or mortgage assistance. To me, debt collection puts them in the mind of loan sharks. That causes a negative additional response and if that's not a necessary introduction, there might be a way to rephrase it a bit. A debt collector is not necessarily concerned with your current or changing scenario, whereas the mortgage company is in it for the long term. So, they should be more concerned with your changing scenarios.

Community Loan Servicing response

Byron, we really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. We look forward to working with you again in the future!

NMLS #2469

Original review: Dec. 2, 2021

I got on a schedule where Community Loan Servicing makes a partial payment like half of it every two weeks because I wanted to get ahead. Each year, I have an extra payment. So, their rep told me the process. He said, "Because you're caught up. So your next one's not even due till January." What we did was he took me off the automated one for now. Then this month, I'm just going to call Community and make a payment and tell them, “I want that 100% on principal,” and then we'll get it back on the every other week for January because I like to stay ahead.

The only thing is their automated operator, when you're kind of waiting, keep saying, “Community is a debt collector. Any communication is an attempt to collect the debt.” I'm totally on time. I'm not in any of that category. I'm not sure why they always have that on there, and I don't like it. Other than that, the process with getting it set up with every other week with them has been pretty good. I told them, "Well, I want to get ahead. I have an extra payment every year." He said, "Call in December." When I called them, the associate was really helpful.

Community Loan Servicing response

Scott, we really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. We look forward to working with you again in the future!

NMLS #2469

Original review: Oct. 29, 2021

The process was fine. But the underwriter was so slow. She didn't look at the file in one shot. She went like via a menu. So when she found something missing, she stopped and asked for it. Then we sent it then she continued. But she found something else. She took her time because every time, she put the file aside and when she got to the file again, she took more time. Then she found something else missing. After we finished all the menu, some items we submitted earlier expired. She asked for them again. So it took a long time. She was not experienced enough to look at the whole requirement. There are 10 requirements but three were missing. She requested these three missing requirements and then we sent it over one time, and it was done. But I wish next time, they just look at the file in full and ask for the needed documents one shot and then we could send it one shot and we're done.

Community Loan Servicing response

Justin, we appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. We look forward to working with you again in the future!

NMLS #2469

Original review: June 1, 2021

My monthly payment changed and Community Loan Servicing was unable to process it because it was sign up for one amount, and they wanted to pick up another amount on top of it. My bank does not allow that. So, I contacted them to pay the difference. In the beginning, the rep didn't understand what I was calling about, and she wanted for me in automatic payment. I said I already am. It took her five minutes, a whole conversation from beginning to end to fix the problem. I would like to have people that when something doesn't go right with the payment, they should give me a quick call, because I take care of my finances right away if somebody calls me. I get a thousand emails and it's very difficult for me to figure it out which email comes from who. I will have to read a thousand emails in order to figure it out that my bank sent me an email. It doesn't come with a bell saying, "This is important. This is important."

Nothing wrong with calling people on the phone, especially nobody can come to their bank. A quick call, because it's a miscommunication by sending an email, or sending a letter saying I'm late for my payments. That's what they did. They sent me a letter saying "You're late for your payments." And I said, "How could I be late on one of my payments?" And I didn't realize that it was the change of the taxes. So, when the taxes increased, the amount increased. The difference was $180, which wasn't a lot. All they had to do was give a quick call and tell me, "Increased $180, do you want us to keep withdrawing the same amount or call your bank or whatever?" But to send a letter saying that I'm late for my payment, I had a hard time digesting that one. But they addressed the issue and fixed it.

Community Loan Servicing response

Llubica, Community Loan Servicing, regrets the experience you encountered. We take pride in our goal of providing all of our customers with excellent customer service. But first, thank you for writing this comment and providing your feedback.

I will review this situation and reach out to you to further discuss and work to resolve your concerns.

I look forward to speaking with you soon.

NMLS #2469

Original review: May 2, 2022

I purchased a 4th house for a rental before my wife and I went on our church mission. For the past 10 years my mortgages were on auto pay with additional money going to principal. Which is why I could go on a mission early, I had 3 debt-free rental properties. Since this was a new loan it was not paid off before leaving on mission. We once again were on auto pay, the loan was sold to Community Loan Servicing. Everything including autopay was supposed to stay, (nothing would change). Wrong, the auto pay fell off and their crappy service would NOT allow me to put it back on auto pay. So my payment was late, the first thing they did was ding my credit. I wrote a letter and even called customer service, NOPE the lady was even rude and almost proud about the fact they ding my credit. 10 years no late mortgage payment until Community Loan Servicing. I would actually MORE money to change who serviced my loan at this point.

Community Loan Servicing response

John, Community Loan Servicing, would like to apologize for the experience you encountered in reference to your loan. We pride ourselves on providing all of our customers with excellent customer service. We appreciate the time you took to write this comment and value your feedback.

I am currently researching this situation and look forward to working with you to address your concerns. In addition, I will be reaching out directly to discuss further.

I look forward to speaking with you and diligently working to resolve your concerns.

Cheryl, SVP, Ombudsman

NMLS #2469

Original review: April 29, 2022

It's been good so far with the reps. The only hiccup was that they didn't get my flood insurance transferred over, so I hope they didn't charge me.

Community Loan Servicing response

Katie, we really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. We look forward to working with you again in the future!

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: April 22, 2022

I have been on forbearance because of the pandemic and now that I'm trying to work something out to get my mortgage back on track all I get is the run-a-round. I have been working with them since November 2021 and have filled out all necessary paperwork. After months of waiting was denied because they said I needed a document but I never heard from them until the denial. Now going through the process all over again I now have been denied saying I lack a document that I sent them in March! Getting fed up and the person I have been assigned to I don't think exist because she has a generic phone number and never answers emails. I have been trying to reach her since January.

Community Loan Servicing response

Kim, Community Loan Servicing very much regrets the experience you encountered in your recent dealings with our team. We take pride in our goal of providing all of our customers with excellent customer service and would like the opportunity to better understand what took place. But first, thank you for writing this comment and providing your feedback.

I am currently reviewing this situation and will be reaching out to you to further discuss and work to resolve your concerns.

I look forward to speaking with you soon.

NMLS #2469

Original review: March 25, 2022

Community Loan Servicing handled every situation or problem that came up such as questions about the escrow account and about the increase in the payments. I have been doing business with them for almost two years now and they're always very responsive. The representatives take their time to look into the history of things and the notes, and they help me figure it out. However, I thought our agreement was a 40-year loan. Now, I understand it is a 50-year loan. There are also some things that I can't understand, like why my loan never decreases. When you pay in, you expect the movement of your principal to go down. But that has not occurred.

Community Loan Servicing response

Linda, we really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. We look forward to working with you again in the future!

NMLS #2469

Original review: March 10, 2022

My experience with Community Loan Servicing has been great. During this pandemic, they've been very helpful, very patient and understanding. They do a great job with communication. The website is very easy to use, too.

Community Loan Servicing response

Jeremy, we really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. We look forward to working with you again in the future!

Community Loan Servicing Company Information