2. Finance
  3. Loan Modification

Formerly Bayview Loan Servicing

4.1/5 (99 ratings)

About Community Loan Servicing

Community Loan Servicing is a nationwide mortgage lender. The company offers multiple mortgage loan options as well as Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac loans.

Business Update – Coronavirus

Community Loan Servicing Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Community Loan Servicing?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Community Loan Servicing?

Original review: Aug. 17, 2021

The transition was smooth when my loan was sold to Community and every time I call in, everyone has been helpful. The only thing was last month, I called in to pay my monthly mortgage and the automated system would not allow me to get to a representative. It gave the option to pay but it kept just sending me back to the beginning of the whole message. The automated system needs to be checked, taken a look at, and tweaked a little bit. But other than that, once you get ahold of someone, everything is smooth. I'm happy with them.

Community Loan Servicing response

Jaime, Community Loan Servicing, would like to apologize for your experience with our automated system, but glad to hear you are happy with the assistance provided by our staff.

We are currently researching this situation and appreciate your time to write this comment and value your feedback.

NMLS #2469

Original review: Aug. 16, 2021

Community Loan's statement is not for customer service. It's complicated sometimes. Every week is a different plan. We were on the forbearance plan and I wasn't understanding my statement. It was telling me that I had this full amount to be paid. So I was kind of confused. I called two times and both times it was amazing. The reps were very knowledgeable and helpful.

Community Loan Servicing response

Zvica, I'm happy to know that our representatives helped explain the statements. Thank you for providing your feedback.

Please let us know if there is ever anything else we can do. Best wishes!!!

NMLS #2469

Original review: Aug. 10, 2021

They were on point. Communication was outstanding! They stayed with me from start to finish. I highly recommend their services to anyone. Very informative and helpful. It only took a couple of weeks to complete the entire process.

Community Loan Servicing response

Kenyetta, we really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience, and we agree, Eric and the staff are awesome and professional members of the CLS team! We look forward to working with you again in the future!

NMLS #2469

Original review: Aug. 9, 2021

Terrible experience from beginning to end. My parents are on my loan and we all had issues with the loan portal. The process took about 9 or 10 months to complete. After closing, I was notified the closing had to be redone because they neglected to get signatures for one item. Inconvenient and unprofessional!

Community Loan Servicing response

Stacy, Community Loan Servicing, regrets your recent experience with your loan closing. We strive to provide excellent customer service but sometimes do not hit the mark. Thank you for taking the time to write this comment. We do value your feedback.

NMLS #2469

Original review: Aug. 8, 2021

Our loan started w/ Chase Bank, they sold the loan to Bayview Loan Servicing... We had to modify the loan in 2017. In late 2018 we were behind in payments, in Feb 2019 filed for Chapter 13. From Feb 2019 - May 2020 made our post-petition payments every month. My statements were going to our attorney's office in which there was no written request for this. We got one activity report, which had all my payments made, and notice that Bayview was posting all my post-petition payments were being applied to the pre-petition payments that was filed in the BK case.

They never modified the advance escrow account. We received all our bank statements, the first 3 bank statements after the filing of BK case, there were 3 banks statements with the wrong amount due in the BK case. On the fourth statement they corrected the amount, but they never corrected the advance escrow account due, they still left the amount wrong. Their attorneys filed a Proof of claim for the BK case, and the amount on the bank statement and proof of claim match... They are charging amounts of court fees, attorney fees. I have written a Qualified Written Request letter, with copies of all the errors made on the loan, copies of post petition payments sent it certified and priority mail on May 19, 2021, they have yet to respond.

Two months go by and filed a complaint on the Consumer Protection Unit with the State of California, and a month later I get a call from Community Loan Servicing that they have received my complaint from the Consumer Protection Unit, and has 30 days to answer back. In order for them to answer to your complaint, it needs to be online with the State Department!!! How sad is this!!!! I cannot modify the loan, because we do not know what we owe. The letter they sent of what our payoff is... Make me sick... We are now having to hire another attorney to file a civil case... There is no way you are going to foreclose on this HOUSE!

Community Loan Servicing response

Elizabeth, Community Loan Servicing, would like to apologize for the experience you encountered in reference to your loan. We pride ourselves on providing all of our customers with excellent customer service. We appreciate the time you took to write this comment and value your feedback.

I am currently researching this situation and look forward to working with you to address your concerns. In addition, I'll be reaching out directly to further discuss and attend to your concerns.

I look forward to speaking with you and diligently working to resolve your concerns.

NMLS #2469

Original review: Aug. 7, 2021

They’ve been nice. Every time I called, I told them I sent a payment and asked them if I could I pay more, and they are okay with that. The rate that they gave me was good. I want to hurry up and get my house paid off, so I won't have to be paying as I retire.

Community Loan Servicing response

Thanks for the review, Nancy! The team here at Community works hard to meet expectations like yours, and we’re happy to hear we hit the mark for you!!

Please let us know if there is ever anything else we can do. Best wishes!!!

NMLS #2469

Original review: Aug. 6, 2021

I was with Bayview Loan Servicing and then my account was sold to Community Loan, which has been fine for me. It's been very good as always with Bayview. I get very good service still because they call me. The only thing is that my payment is due on the 16th, and I usually can't make it until the 30th to 31st, when the direct deposit comes in. I found out that if I phone it in and have them to draft, it comes out before the 15 days are up, and I don't have a late fee. But everything else is all right. I either call them or when they call me, if it's not a recorded line saying to call, I always go ahead then. Everything has been run very smoothly.

Community Loan Servicing response

Linda, we really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. We look forward to working with you again in the future!

NMLS #2469

Original review: July 20, 2021

They're good. The only problem I have is that, when I make the loan note and every time I send it in, I send extra money in towards the principal, but every time, it never goes to the principal. They make it so that my next note is not as much. I write on there. There's a line, "To add towards principal." But they just don't do it, so I have to call and change it. Now I have a girl that I call directly and if it happens, she takes care of it for me.

Community Loan Servicing response

Julie, we really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. Please let us know if there is ever anything else we can do. Best wishes!!!

NMLS #2469

Original review: July 14, 2021

There was a technical issue for a month where they were sending out notices repeatedly saying there was no payment and when I called, they said this is a known problem. The person was very knowledgeable and helped me work through it. It turned out to be a great interaction and that was the only issue that I've had since I've been with them. Every situation has been positive, even when I was calling when I was confused and didn't know what was going on. They worked very well with me.

Community Loan Servicing response

Mark, we really appreciate you taking time to share your experience with us. We count ourselves lucky to have employees for customers like you. We look forward to working with you again in the future!

NMLS #2469

Original review: July 1, 2021

Community Loan Servicing's website is kind of awful and very sloppy. I don't like the way it's designed. If the customer clicks on account summary, it should take them to an account summary page and not to the bottom of the page that the customer is on. Their phone system is long and cumbersome, too. I tried to register my loan so I can pay it online and it said it was not available and to call customer service. I paid my first payment over the phone on the automated system. Trying to get a human being through the phone takes too long. I lost patience and said I would call back later. I shouldn't have to spend 30 minutes trying to get ahold of a human being. Their phone system should be a little bit more streamlined.

Community Loan Servicing response

Robert, we really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. We take pride in our goal of providing all of our customers with excellent customer service and would like the opportunity to better understand what took place. I will be reaching out to you to discuss your concerns.

Community Loan Servicing Company Information