2. Finance
  3. Loan Modification
Accredited Partner

Formerly Bayview Loan Servicing

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.87/5

Community Loan Servicing is a nationwide mortgage lender. The company offers multiple mortgage loan options as well as Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac loans.

Business Update – Coronavirus

Community Loan Servicing is endeavoring to bring as much stability to peoples’ lives as possible. This includes our staff, our customers and our investors. As of today, approximately 95% of our entire staff are working remotely. We have quintupled our virtual private network capacity and created a secure, virtual call center enabling all of our customer-facing staff to remain available to help our customers. We have rolled out a disaster Forbearance Plan that we are currently offering to those who speak to our agents and indicate a need for relief. All of our Investor-related functions around remittances and reporting are up and running remotely. We are working together to maximize options made available to our impacted customers.

Our thoughts and well wishes are with those who have been impacted by the pandemic. Please take the recommended steps to help fight the spread of this virus. We will get through this challenge together.

Community Loan Servicing Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Community Loan Servicing?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Community Loan Servicing?

Original review: Jan. 30, 2021

I've been more than happy with everybody from Community Loan Servicing that I have spoken to, and they've been very helpful for me. I was pleased with all the phone calls that I got, and everybody was very professional. Everything was good.

Community Loan Servicing response

Dale, we really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. We look forward to working with you again in the future!

NMLS #2469

Original review: Jan. 29, 2021

Community's customer service is good. The reps are perfectly reasonable individuals. Nobody wants to talk about their house payments and crap like that. But they've been very professional.

Community Loan Servicing response

Thank you so much for your review, Kathrynn. We really appreciate you taking the time to let us know our team is very professional. We count ourselves lucky to have employees for customers like you.

We look forward to working with you again in the future!

NMLS #2469

Original review: Jan. 28, 2021

I'm having a lot of trouble hooking up with them electronically to clear my payments through my bank. For some strange reason, Bayview was recognized to work through automatic bill pay with my bank. But when I changed this over to Community, nothing works. I have talked to my bank about it and they told me it's Community's problem. I have talked to Community and they told me it's my bank problem. I've had this issue with Community going on since they changed over. So, me making a payment with them is a real pain in the butt. They told me I could go sign up with their website, do a bunch of login stuff. But I wanna go to my bank, load up on their information, and then make the payments. I have two different loans with them, which means I can’t have just one login. I have to have two logins. I don’t want two logins. I'd like to square away their electronic loan processing.

Community Loan Servicing response

Frank, Community Loan Servicing very much regrets the experience you encountered in your recent dealings with our team. We take pride in our goal of providing all of our customers with excellent customer service and would like the opportunity to understand better what took place. But first, thank you for writing this comment and providing your feedback.

I will be reaching out to you to discuss further and work to resolve your concerns.

We look forward to speaking with you soon.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2021

In November 2020, I thought it would be simple enough to do a refinance with BLS. I was so wrong in thinking that. Their processor sent me a list of questions asking for documents on 11/20/20. Within 48 hours I sent back everything. After that their title department asked me the same documents on 5 different occasions. After escalating that issue, they "suddenly" found what the problem was and found the documents. Today 1/26/21, the original processor is no longer with the company and what a surprise, they are asking the same documents again! Now they are also saying that if they need to extend my rate lock that expires 3/2/21, they will do it at no cost on my part. Seriously! You are going to take another 30 days and BLS has the audacity to say that they could extend at no cost to me. Now I need to find who is in charge so I can send them an email. No one cares at BLS.

Community Loan Servicing response

Community Loan Servicing regrets your recent experience with your loan refinance. We strive to provide excellent customer service but sometimes do not hit the mark. Thank you for taking the time to write this comment. We do value your feedback.

Our team member will be reaching out directly to further discuss and attend to your concerns.

We look forward to speaking with you and diligently working to resolve your concerns.

Cheryl, SVP, Ombudsman

Original review: Jan. 27, 2021

There's a possibility of a reduction in hours for me due to the pandemic. I wanted to find out how that would affect me if I had fewer hours, which would hurt my pay so I sought help from Community Loan Servicing. Their representative was informative and gave me some detail on how the process works. I was comfortable working with her. But I didn't like that I was told that there would be a foreclosure proceeding that automatically goes into play. I've been in my home for 14 years and I plan on being here forever to have something left for my kids. So that standard that she was saying didn’t make me comfortable at all. Other than that, everything was great.

Community Loan Servicing response

Thanks for the review, Melissa! The team here at Community works hard to meet expectations like yours, and we’re happy to hear you were comfortable working with our agent.

NMLS #2469

Original review: Jan. 23, 2021

The customer service Community Loan Servicing was wonderful. When I call over there, I make my payments on time and they're very nice about doing what they need to do to get it.

Community Loan Servicing response

Thanks for the positive review, Judy! The team here at Community works hard to meet expectations like yours, and we’re happy to hear we hit the mark for you!!

Please let us know if there is ever anything else we can do. Best wishes!!!

Original review: Jan. 20, 2021

I spoke to more than one person at Community Loan but there was one person at the beginning that I spoke with regularly when I had a problem. That person was very helpful. I cannot complain with each one I spoke to. They were all courteous to me. You can ask questions and if it was something that was misunderstood, they would check it out and come back to you. I had a very good experience with Community Loan.

Community Loan Servicing response

Thank you so much for your review Brenda! The team here at Community works hard to meet expectations like yours, and we’re happy to hear we hit the mark for you!!

NMLS #2469

Original review: Jan. 12, 2021

The reps at Community have been nice and polite. Everything has been good.

Community Loan Servicing response

Thank you so much for your review, Nancy! We count ourselves lucky to have employees for customers like you. We look forward to working with you again in the future!

NMLS #2469

Original review: Jan. 7, 2021

Everybody has been nice to me since I’ve been with them. They always answered my questions. They were also clear to me and gave me everything that I need from them and I just sent them everything.

1/20/2021
Private response

Hamidou, thanks for the review! The team here at Community works hard to meet expectations like yours, and we’re happy to hear we hit the mark for you!!

NMLS #2469

Original review: Jan. 6, 2021

My experience with Community Loan has been fantastic so far. Everything has been very professional. No stress. They've answered all my questions in a clear and timely manner. It was good, especially after 2020 and the stress that everybody's been under with a pandemic. Because my job was affected by COVID, I was on a plan where I didn't make payments for a few months. =When things settled down, I'd be able to go back to making payments. They were understanding and worked with me.

Community Loan Servicing response

Thank you so much for your review, Joseph! We really appreciate you taking the time. We look forward to working with you again in the future!

Community Loan Servicing Company Information