Bank of the West

Compare Banks & Credit Unions

Research top Banks & Credit Unions recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

My husband and I decided to open an account at botw because we have heard good things. Go in on a Thursday and open the account in my name originally, since my hushed had lost his id and we weren't able to add him. The first thing I asked the manager who opened my account was, can he give me honesty and integrity? He said of course.

We proceed to open my account and I ask him what do I need to do to add my husband? He says to go to the dmv and bring the itemized copy, a copy of our rental agreement, his social security card, his credit cards and his paycheck stubs and we can add him. My husband takes Monday off and goes to the dmv. We go into the same branch and ask to add my husband. We get told by another banker that no we cannot add him.

I ask for the manager that had helped me prior. He says the manager is not there but the supervisor is and he will bring her to me. Well she never comes over. I finally walk over to her and ask her and tell her "Miguel said he would add my husband." He answer was "I don't care what he said, he's not here and I said no." This little girl is maybe 20 if that. I'm not going to take this disrespect from a little kid that I am giving my business and money to. I tell her she needs to close my account and she REFUSES. I tell her she cannot refuse legally to close my account and she could lose her job. Then she closes my account. It takes a lot longer than I've ever had to wait at any bank. But I wait.

Finally she's done and before giving me my cash says "you better never come back in here or I will call the cops." "Excuse me?!" I tell her, "really you won't give me my cash until you get the chance to threaten me? How professional." She tells me she's off soon and I can wait in the parking lot. I am flabbergasted. She's at work threatening me!!! She's still holding onto my cash and I tell her "you know what, call the cops. I will tell them that you threatened me and refused to give me my cash." Of course now she gives me my cash and my husband tells me to just let it go and we start to walk out and I hear her making comments. I have never been so disgusted by a bank. All because some teenage girl wants to prove she's "in charge." Well good for you being in charge because you lost a customer.

A few days later after I've calmed down I decided to give this bank, different location, a second chance. They are nicer but it takes them about 15 minutes to even acknowledge me in the bank. I explain to her my issue with the last location and she promises me that it won't be the case there. That was true, my experience at this branch was much more pleasant.

However, I am still unhappy. They don't have automatic transfer from checking to savings which bothers me. They don't provide you with an atm card while you wait for your debit card to get mailed. The mobile banking app only lets you deposit a check of up to $500.00 which sucks because my checks are well over that, so if I want to deposit my check (my company doesn't offer direct deposit) I have to go to an atm or in the bank. Then they hold my checks for 5 days. I ask when this will change and they say "after two months." That's ridiculous.

I get paid every week. So I don't get my money until a day or two before I get paid again? Lastly when my husband gets his id, we go in and I'm told we will automatically be charged to have him on my account every month because he has bad credit. I tell her this must be a mistake because regular banks don't care about credit scores for a regular account. There was no issue with my credit when I opened it originally and he has better credit than I do. And we have an account at a credit union and they DO care about credit scores. So if he can have an account at a credit union, how can we possibly have to pay for him to have an account here at botw? Overall just not a good bank. Very difficult to deal with. Poor customer service and outdated. I don't recommend. We ended up just keeping the one account we have at the credit union.

I have been a customer with Bank of the West for years. They have always kinda sucked with High ATM fees and things like that. The final straw for me was when they locked my debit card twice in a week and never notified me. They left me standing in line at the grocery store. You call customer service and they tell you their policy is to notify customers when a problem occurs. The policy isn't worth the paper it's written on. I am so glad to no longer be a customer at this bank. For your own sanity do not use BOTW.

Just horrible...everything. Bad customer service, no help from anyone and this is not just one time. It happened many times whenever I call them. They just keep transferring you...no one knows **. Keep telling me different things. No one knows what they are doing. Everything takes looong time. The branch tells me one thing and the main office the opposite. We just paid off our business loan and are waiting on a title. I just told my husband that we will have a party in honor of being DONE with them. Can't wait for that day.

I had a very few overdrafts back in 2009 and agreed to an overdraft protection plan. It was for $7500. I never needed it after that time, and I assumed it was just available for use if needed. It wasn't until recently I realized that I had been paying interest on this account since then, 7 years, and that in fact I now owe the bank (according to them) almost $7000, because the money they have been deducting for the so-called interest has been usurious (they will not tell me the rate), and it has never covered the modest principle that was needed in 2009.

I have been trying to get answers from the bank for more than a year. The local branch manager has stonewalled me and the helpline is even worse. There is no accountability. I can't change the terms, I can't pay a larger amount to get rid of this usurious interest, and I can't cancel this account. I feel I have been misled about what this was in the first place; they call it a "loan". I now believe this bank is engaging in the same practices as Wells Fargo, and that I have been a victim. How can I get recompense?

Bank of the West switched out 4 initialed pages of a 'Business Loan Agreement' for pages not initialed AND 'created' Commercial Guaranties after the closing with my signature and my son's signature. I will not be quiet or go away. I am detailing my experience on a site fraudulentbanking.com where I am posting the evidence submitted by Bank of the West in an attempt to connect with others who were victimized by Bank of the Wests fraudulent practices. My story is as follows: In 2008 I was sold a line of credit for my business. I did not need one. I did not ask for one. I agreed to a line of credit because my branch was competing with other branches for number of loans closed. I was told by the branch manager that there was no personal liability for this loan and that it was based on my company's credit. All we needed was 2 signatures from corporate officers of the company and this would sail right through.

With the great recession cast upon and regular credit drying up and/or shrinking, my company used the line of credit. My company paid all interest and never missed an interest payment. In 2014 Bank of the West did a call on the loan (which they were entitled to do). I could not make the call and they forwarded it to a collection company "Mountain States Commercial Collections Inc" who made threatening claims against us. In 2015 I was served a summons to answer and for the first time. I saw paperwork for Personal Guarantees on the loans. I saw paperwork that was fabricated and altered from the paperwork we signed.

This is my story of how Bank of the West defrauded me, my son and my business. It illustrates how Bank of the West used Mountain States Commercial Collections Inc., dba Mountain States Commercial Credit Management and their attorneys Miller Cohen Peterson and Young P.C. to DENY me my day in court. This fraud was orchestrated from the beginning, from the inception of the loan to the amount of the loan, to when it was called, to how they surprised us with fabricated documentation, to how they keep it from going to court and how they beat people into submission.

I will not be quiet nor beat into submission. I plan on exposing the actions of Bank of the West and exposing the story of how Miller Cohen Peterson and Young P.C. helped perpetuate the fraud when they knew the fraud existed. Bank of the West and Miller Cohen Peterson and Young P.C. manipulated me through the whole system where they had control. This is not an isolated incident; this is a practice. There are others out there who were targeted and manipulated as I was.

Here in the social media world, I will post my story with the public documents available at the Arapahoe County Courthouse with the case number ** presented by Miller Cohen Peterson and Young P.C. supposedly submitted to them from Bank of the West. I have redacted my name to protect my family from being exposed. I will leave the court case number un-redacted as to give access to anyone who questions the authenticity of my claims. I do not personally know who fabricated the documents, but I do know that it was between the closing and when I was served. I leave the reader to make up their minds.

What this is: This is an attempt to reach out to others of this FRAUD to contact me so we can PROVE this fraud is a practice. I want my day in court, where I can further expose the fraud perpetrated upon me, where I will have a chance to post the transcripts of the trial here on this site to expose to the public how this scheme works (worked). What this is not: An attempt to identify or accuse any individual as to personal responsibility for the fraud. I will be identifying individuals I had contact with and individuals I am going to attempt to have contact with and this in no way accuses them of perpetrating fraud although their response or lack of a response may show they condone the fraud.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bank of the West?

I called to inquire why I had fees... Lots of them. I never was overdrawn. The supervisor was rude and I said I should close my account. In a snotty tone she told me the fees for closing account. I told her she was worthless and I will deal with everything at my branch. Stupid **... I was not about to use my card later that day. She took it upon herself to close my account and not tell me. I'm livid. I'm getting retuned payments from credit cards, can't get my money until some check shows in ten days... I'm so pissed. Is that legal?

I realized my account had been hacked into and notified them immediately that over $500 had been taken out of my account. They immediately shut my account down and told me it would take 7 - 10 days to get a new debit card. That was understandable, however then I learned I had to wait for an affidavit to sign and send back which would take another 20 days and if their committee believed I was not the one that did not take those funds, then they would be refunded! It has now been 7 days since I made the call and no affidavit or debit card. I have contacted them several times only to get the same results, NOTHING!

I will now be late on my mortgage payment which will incur a large late fee and a ding on my mortgage payment being late. I have been a BOW customer since they opened. What is hard to comprehend is when "I" tried to make a purchase to buy a laptop, they shut my account down, (WITHOUT NOTIFYING ME) and I only learned about it when I was out shopping with my granddaughter, being totally embarrassed! Once I get this matter cleared up, I am done with BOW. Their customer service has gone downhill and I need a bank that I feel my accounts are secure and helps their customers rather than allowing hackers to overtake your account and leave you with no ability to access your funds and treat you like you're the thief. Frustrated beyond belief!!!

I have been with Bank of the West for the past 15 years and I have always gone to 2 locations near my home but one of the branches never acknowledges me or greets me as come in. I don't know why. They make eye contact to me but they are just cold and doing their job with little or no enthusiasm. The branch that I'm very unhappy with is Bank of the West located at 19005 Colima Road Rowland Heights, CA. I have to be the one greeting the tellers and if I have a question for the manager she is not available or willing to help. I have to wait until she is done even though she has no customer. Please have someone do some research and look into this matter.

This bank not only did not give me straight answers on my payments but were EXTREMELY RUDE AND UNPROFESSIONAL. I am moving my loan to another bank ASAP! Worse bank. Horrible service!

I wish there was a way to post less than 1 star! We have been issued 12 debit cards over the last 6 months. 4 cards each for 3 family members on our account.

We have spent hours on the phone trying to resolve this. The most recent card received on my wife's account has her name and middle initial correct. However our 7 letter last name shows on the card with the following incorrect. 1st and 2nd are wrong, where the 3rd letter should be, it's blank and the 4th and 5th letters are incorrect. The last 2 letters are miraculously correct. All of the other ones have misspellings, or sent to the wrong address.

Southwest Airlines quadruple charged my account (total of $880) and they sent a hold release form to my branch on 84th & Giles in Omaha, NE. The branch told me yesterday there was no way they can actually remove the hold for me and to call the 800 number on the back of my card. I called the 800 number on the back of my card and they seemed confused as to why the branch couldn't have just done it. She then put me on hold for about 15 minutes and said they can't release the hold but the hold DOES expire at the end of day and promised I will have my funds released back to me by tomorrow. It is now tomorrow and my funds were never released back to me - in fact, now my account is overdrawn. And since BOTW likes to be different, none of their branches are open on a Saturday to even put money into my account.

I called the 800 number again today and was told "sorry ma'am, we don't know why the lady on the phone yesterday would tell you that your hold expires at the end of night, it actually won't be released until Tuesday." I then asked to speak to a supervisor and this supervisor lady was EXTREMELY rude and has zero compassion to my situation. She said the only way that they can release my hold is if the merchant (Southwest) faxes them over a hold release form. I said "they DID fax this over yesterday to the branch and the branch told me to call the 800 number." She said "sorry but I can't do anything since the branch is closed today." ARE YOU KIDDING??? I told her that I even have a copy of the hold release form that came straight from the merchant. I told her I could email it to her and she said they don't have the ability to receive email (yeah right). I hung up extremely frustrated and in tears.

I was promised my funds would be back to me today and now I have to sit all Memorial Day weekend with my account being overdrawn??? I can't even wait to dispute my overdraft fees!! Shame on the 84th and Giles branch for not just taking care of this themselves and shame on the customer service people for providing me incorrect information and no willingness to help. I just got married last weekend and my husband and I were going to open a joint account here. After this experience, I will be closing my account and going to bank that actually cares about their customers. This is absolutely insane. Update - it is now May 31st (a BUSINESS day) and my situation is not resolved. This has been going on since 5/27.

I had an RV financed with them for over 10 years. Most of the time my payment was not in on the due date but always before the 30-day late mark. I called to get the pay off amount to send in and it was 500.00 more than what my balance online stated. They informed me that the extra amount was for late fees. (I accept the fact that I was late often, but 500.00 come on seriously). I told the CSR that I was not aware of any fees accumulating and that when I send in my regular monthly payment I was aware I was being charged a late fee, but that I thought they would deduct my interest and then the late fee and then apply the rest to my principal, meaning less being applied toward the original loan amount and it taking me longer to pay off. The CSR said I could write a letter requesting the fees to be removed and they would let me know something within 5 business days to call back. So I did and I waited 5 days and called back.

They told me they did not see where a work order had been submitted for my request. The CSR said she would submit it and request an expedited decision to call back in 3 days. I waited 4 days plus 2 weekend days to call. Nothing. "Sorry ma'am no work order has been submitted." I requested to speak to a manager and he informed me that no work order had been submitted but insured me that he would do it right then and for me to call back in 4 business days.

Finally after 20 days of waiting I get the answer that they will only remove 1 fee. WHATEVER!! I accept that I was late I will pay up... Tried to pay my balance and they won't take pay off amounts over the phone. I have to wire transfer it from my bank (pay a bank fee to do so) and then set up a FedEx account for them to bill for sending me my title (I requested overnight because during this time I have sold the RV). I have never been so frustrated with a bank in my entire life. No one is friendly and really no one seems to care what you have to say nor are they willing to work with you to come to an agreement. I will say that one day they are going to be sued because I went back and looked at my original loan documents and NOWHERE in the documents does it state that fees accumulate. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THEM AT ALL!!! You're better off contacting your local bank or credit union.

Every time I would pay extra on the loan they would delay the credit date so they could get more in interest. When I had a loan from Ford Motor Credit payment were recorded without delay. When I paid off the Ford Motor Credit loan I had my title to me within 10 days and I didn't need to do anything. I paid off the Bank of the West loan off and they sent me a lien release with my last name spelled wrong. I have gone by the tag office to correct this but was turned away for a long wait time. Bank of the West only works for itself not the customer.

I had to communicate with the call center which was a huge waste of time. I had none of my questions answered, I was hung up on multiple times, and was spoken to in the most rude tones. I am so unhappy with this experience. I will be ending my account with Bank of the West. If you want great customer service, low costs, and people who are generally nice people, head over to Wells Fargo, they would be happy to help you, unlike BOTW.

As of today I'm no longer a BoW sucker, uh customer. They've done it all from allowing a crooked attorney to illegally garnish thousands from my account (he's since been disbarred in Colorado) to refusing to refund unauthorized withdrawals by an online vendor. Just a few other incidents of note include the time when a BoW employee misrepresented himself as a manager and caused a minor issue to grow into a catastrophe that I had to dedicate an entire week of my time to resolve. Another disaster occurred when a (legitimate but incompetent) regional manager 'assisted' me in preventing 1 specific business from withdrawing funds in excess of the auto-pay I'd authorized. His 'help' resulted in the bank blocking timely payment to all of my creditors and again, all the time, cost and trouble I had to waste getting it resolved.

The icing on the cake was when I (fairly recently) received a letter from BoW advising I must now submit to mandatory arbitration in the event of a dispute. This denies the client any private right and the right to a trial by jury regardless of the how negligent BoW might be or the degree of damage their wrongdoing causes to customers. This underscores BoW's growing reputation as an inferior financial institution and it's well documented, detestable treatment of its clients. BTW, "arbitrators" are not required to have any training and not required to follow the law, and the mandatory arbitration clause allows the bank only to choose the arbitrator, and their "chosen" arbitrators are generally on contract with the bank. It's win-win for BoW and lose-lose for its clients.

My money isn't safe, and my interests are of no concern at BoW. They don't respect me or value my business so I won't wait for their inevitable, irreparable destruction of my finances - they're history. I won't bore you with BoW's characteristically-reprehensible treatment regarding today's ('just another') BoW-caused **-up. And rather than waste another minute on them, I'm transferring and closing all of my accounts at BoW. They can take their "mandatory arbitration" letter, fold it at all 4 corners and stick it up...well, you know. Bank of the West is simply not worth the less-than-inferior caliber of their 'services'.

I had an account with Bank of the West. Been with them since they were commercial, federal. Went overdraft. First time since I've been there. Within 2 days they charged me over 100.00 and every 2 days they kept on charging me outlandish fees. Just thought I'd warn people about the bank so it won't happen to them.

This bank repeatedly allowed ongoing access to our accounts by unauthorized businesses which claimed contractual obligation. While I was the customer, the only obligation it cared about was the compensation end for what was not provided - it didn't uphold its customer's end. When an employee gives misinformation, BOTW insists the customer misunderstood. If pursued, it threatens to close your accounts. Finally, Compliance with Regulation CC requires next business day posting of deposits (day following deposit), but BOTW takes the position, it is above the law, and will delay posting as long as it seems fit. Closing accounts today after too many lies and too much cheating.

After making a deposit over $5000 I was informed a 10 day hold was put on the funds. One day after making the deposit I contacted the bank on which the check was from and they confirmed the check had cleared and Bank of the West had the funds. I call the Bank of the West and they refused to transfer the funds to my account for 10 days even though the check I deposited had cleared. Their online policy states all deposited check funds will be available after two business days after deposit date. I'm closing my account today and recommend others do also.

I have four other banks: Bank of America, California Bank and Trust, Orange County Teachers Federal Credit Union, and Wells Fargo, and with each one of them I have credit card. When I transfer money from my Checking to my credit card within the same bank, the transaction is done in that very moment but with Bank of the West. They deduct the amount from my checking account right away but it doesn't show as credit in my credit card for a long time. I called them and they say they have different process and it takes 48 hours. $1300 disappeared from my checking account on 2/19/2016 and today is 2/25/2016 and still hasn't shown up as credit in my credit card, and when it shows the date will be 2/19/2016 (the day of transfer) while the actual transfer happens a week later. The money is in the cloud or in their hand somewhere. NOT IN MY CHECKING NOR AS CREDIT IN MY CREDIT CARD. They are thieves in my opinion.

In November I went to Littleton branch at Bank of the West to make a deposit. I accidentally left card in. A few days later I received a call from them telling me that they found it but call got disconnected. I assumed the card would be mailed. I had another card so I wasn't worried. A few days later I attempted to pay a bill and it was declined. My car payment and insurance was declined which caused me to get charged several late charges and insufficient fees. I contacted the bank and was told they cancelled my card and would send a new one. This was Nov. 14th. About three weeks later I received pin number.. No bank card.

Called bank, they canceled and sent new one. 10 days later received pin.. No bank card. Called bank and they claim they had wrong address. This is a lie because I received pin numbers and bank statements. Called again and was told they would do a rush and I could pick up at Littleton bank. Went to bank after a week. They were so uninterested and no card. It is now February 10th and still no card. I've been with this bank longer than the employees that work there. It was community first. It's been over 20 years and as soon as my income tax clears I'm done with them.

Today I walked into the La Vista NE branch to cash a $20 settlement check issued by Chase Bank on behalf of State Farm. The Branch Manager refused to cash it for me because I don't have a checking account with Bank of the West. I explained I do have an auto loan account with them, and that I've been paying it on time for the last year, and I have 4 more years left on the auto loan. He still refused, saying "in case the check bounced they needed a fallback account, blah blah blah." I said, "but it's from State Farm Insurance, and it's only $20." He still refused, stating that "an insurance check is the worst kind of checks to cash blah blah blah."

I can understand not cashing it if I didn't have any accounts at that bank, or if the amount was greater than $20. Does my year-long association with them not count toward anything? I mean it's $20 bucks for God's sake! Instead of sending me and my measly $20 check away, he should have tried to sell me on opening a checking or savings account with Bank of the West. Because of this poor customer service from the Branch Manager, I will cash out some stocks in order to pay off my loan account so I no longer have to do business with this bank.

I have been and paid my mortgage to them for 17 yrs. Now they have sold my loan to another scam company SPS as of Feb 1, 2016. I've been online and to read about this SPS company and have read nothing but BAD reviews about them. Now BOW now tells me after years of me paying them over 100,000 for my home that they no longer able to finance my home due to they are not located in the south. Well they were never in the south in the beginning but they have stole 100,000.00 in payments from me and have sold my property to more scammers according to the internet. I'm pissed and don't know what I should do at this point. I'm set up to lose my home to SPS.

I was an employee for Bank of the West since 1989. I loved working for them and then things changed from great customer service to sell, sell, sell. That's all they cared about. Because of this I made a career change and got out of banking. Although I still have employee account status because I retired, Bank of the West decided that they no longer wanted my business and sent me a letter stating they were closing my Platinum Rewards credit card for non-use. I called them to discuss and was told by Fadumo that there was nothing they could do and would not be issuing me a new card. I have a great credit score but this decision was not based on that, only that I had not used my card for 12 months. I guess they don't want my business any longer. So sad that banking has gotten to the point that the only thing that matters is their bottom line. I guess it's time to look for a new bank.

They now close at 5:00 including the teller window. They are no longer open sat. mornings and no longer take change. Called Omaha main office and they did not care if I went to another bank.

Well let's start a few months back when I'm standing in line with my 4 kids buying food for dinner and my card is declined. I looked online and had plenty in there to cover the purchase. Embarrassed, I walked away with no dinner for my family. I called customer service and they stated they mailed a notice to me about deactivating my card due to a possible hacking. They couldn't do anything but make me wait 7-10 days to get my new card.

This time my husbands card was declined for an online purchase, but mine worked. I called in AGAIN and was told the card was fine and I must have entered the card incorrectly. After pushing the issue, she noticed the card was in fact deactivated. When I asked why they stayed they were issuing out all customers a new debit card with a chip, which we didn't want, and they "accidentally" deactivated his card. When I asked them to reactivate the card they said they couldn't. Then when I explained he works nights and isn't available during their business hours to go to a branch to see if they can help, I asked for their supervisor. He magically deactivated the card, but now it has a new expiration date and cvv code. They gave me the new expiration date, but couldn't give me the CVV code. So he can no longer use the card online, on the phone, or anywhere that they need to confirm the CVV code.

They said the card was shipped out on 11/3 and would be here in the next week. Its now 11/13 and still no card. We are moving and my husband is leaving the state permanently to set up a job and house and now can't make hotel reservations for any plans ahead of time 'cause of lack of card. I called in again this morning to explain our unique situation and again all I get is an "I'm sorry there is nothing we can do." So my husband has to make a choice, to stay and wait and lose money everyday we have to wait, or risk leaving CA and not having access to our account while traveling 1600 miles across country.

This isn't a one time thing people. It happened twice to 1 family within a couple months. If anyone reads these, PLEASE USE ANOTHER BANK! My local branch staff is amazing, but their hands are tied because corporate won't allow them to do anything in the branch other than change a pin which now you can do over the phone. The branch personnel is almost worth staying for, but when they can't help with serious issue and corporate refuses, that it. I hope no one else has to go through the frustration I have with BANK OF THE WEST!!! Just say NO!

We have been with Bank of the West since 1988. In California, we really liked this bank, and never had any issues. It was also the bank my employer used. They opened their first branch in Arizona, just about the time we moved here, nine years ago. We have been very unhappy with the service. I run in to cash a personal check for $100, and nobody ever recognizes me, they want photo ID, they scrutinize my driver's license. Yesterday, we had it. There are thousands in our checking account, and to cause such drama for me to cash a $100 check? These tellers here are something else.

I've been to this one at least three times, and was introduced to him by the manager, and he tells me, "I see hundreds of people, I don't recognize you." We've had it, and will be moving all three of our accounts OUT. There's a Chase Bank much closer to us, and whenever we go in there for any reason (we don't have accounts there, but for change, or new bills, or to pay Chase Credit Card), everyone is so welcoming and nice. Don't need Bank of the West anymore!

I made 3 different deposits on my bank acct . The bank transferred money on to my credit card. They said I transferred it. I did not. I made a payment on my credit card at the same time so I know I didn't. After my deposit on friday I checked online and on my other acct it showed deposit. My other acct it didn't show anything. Then monday it showed a transfer. I called the bank went round and round with bank. They transferred me to online. They tried to tell me that they were having trouble with mobile online banking. I told them no because my other acct showed a deposit. I was on the phone for an hour and a half. The last 45 min trying to close my online banking .

This bank is the worst of the worst. They are dishonest, not only with personal and business accounts (they are presently in Federal trouble for violations of the RICO Act here in CO), but are also dishonest and violate both Federal and state requirements when dealing with private wealth customers. They are also in direct violation of both Federal and State laws in regard to bank personnel in hiring and firing of the same. Their parent company, BNP Paribas in France, was levied earlier this year with a £10 billion fine. STAY AWAY.

This is a warning to all other Veterans and their family so that they do not make the same mistake that I am now going thru. We decided to purchase a home using my VA benefit and this has turned into one of the most horrific experience of my life including being a combat veteran. The lack of respect that my wife and myself have experience should be a warning to all that apply not only veterans but to everyone else.

As a example we received a email very late in the day informing us more documentation was need. Since we receive this email after business hours that left us 2 days. The following day we called the person who send us this email just to find out that she was out of the office for the day which now left us one day with questions we needed answered. We obtained what we believed was the information she request and sent it to her in a email with the understanding that if more was needed to let us know as soon as possible.

At the end of the day we received a email telling us that what we had sent her was not enough and that we also had to have a pest inspector look at the house. This is after we had a home inspector and a VA assessor go thru the house weeks ago. The Bank of the West should be ashamed how they treat their customers and veterans.

I closed my business account with Bank of the West and a deposit had got sent to the closed account. I called to TRY and resolve the issue and spoke to Marsala who hung up on me. I was then connected to Alicia ** who referred to herself as the area manager and would not allow me to explain the situation and said she would not tolerate her employees being threatened and was calling the cops. Marsala was not threatened in anyway. I was unsuccessful in resolving the original dispute and could not get phone numbers to an individual that would help me resolve it. The agents and management at the Rancho Cucamonga Branch have the no customer service skills and no problem solving abilities. I have advised all family, friends, and business partners to not continue banking with this institution and advise all reading this to NOT BANK HERE.

Bank of the West Company Profile