Bank of the West

Compare Banks & Credit Unions

Research top Banks & Credit Unions recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

My story is so long... But in a nutshell. Held my check beyond where they advised me. Spent 25 minutes on customer service line, disconnected. Asked my branch, Redondo Beach for assistance completely worthless. The highlight was when I asked my branch why they couldn't give me quick ring that they were bouncing my check, charging me 35.00 when I had the funds in my account. She said, "We used to provide customer services, but people complained we called too early, so we don't do it anymore." IF ANYONE who worked for me said anything like that to a customer they would be fired on the spot.

Brittney who is hailed as a Customer service lead advised me it is the law for them to hold my check, it is not their policy. Then caught her later when she said only holding 5000 is the law, the rest of the time is their discretion. Liars and a previously good bank is going to follow the others if it doesn't get its act together. Stay away from the Redondo Beach branch and Brittney will tell you she feels for your situation but just repeats "is there any other questions you have, I have answered that." Unbelievable!!

I want to file a complaint against your employee ** NMLS # ** located at the 201 N Church Street office in Las Cruces 88001. I had a Farmers Insurance check deposit transaction and received orders from Ms. ** instructions to get my wife to endorse the check and include the Farmers Insurance claim review information or statement. I said to Ms. ** this a deposit not a new loan, she shouts back at me, with four customers in the bank that the bank owns my house and requires this information. I told Ms. ** that the bank does not own my home, only has a lien on it. She again repeated that "the bank owns your house."

I return to the branch on Monday May 29 with the check from Farmers, endorsed by my wife with the deposit slip and the Farmers estimated cost to repair my roof and Ms. ** again shouts at me that "I told you I needed an estimate for the work and ID for you and your wife." I left and for the third time she shouts, "have a nice day." Where I come from that is personal curse that I should have sex with myself. I gathered together the information at home, made copies and return to the bank. Ms. **, after making me wait took the check, the deposit slip, the Farmers claim report and three estimates I had solicited. Ms. ** went in the back of the bank and I waited ten minutes for her to return. Ms. ** returned saying everything looked okay and again shouted at me "have a nice day". I told her she better stop saying that to me and I left.

There were four customers in the bank who heard this shouting from Ms. ** and they vocal demand to have a nice day... Ms. ** was rude, was not complete in what she needed causing me to make three trips to the branch, her shouting was out of line and not professional. Ms. ** needs to be removed from employment at the Bank of the West. Thank you for your time.

It takes a lot to get me upset enough to write a review. This bank, Bank of the West, needs to do some serious, serious employee training and firing. I was floored reading the number of complaints with the exact issue I experienced on here. We were promised title to boat 10 days after payoff. On the 25th day after talking to 3 different people the last Dana ** who claimed to be the manager and told me we had been talking to the WRONG people and they didn't know what they were saying. HELLO didn't know what they were saying. She said the title would be sent out the 31st or the 1st. I then asked her because of the runaround what will be the excuse on the 1st if it's not sent. No reply. Thought she hung up on me then asked her why she couldn't understand that question and please treat me like she would want to be treated. She eased up a little but said she has heard enough.

31st came and went. 1st came and went. On the second she told us to quit calling that she was recording this and we were harassing her. Hmmm, Ms ** if you did what you said we wouldn't be here now. Let me be very clear, this whole ordeal was a nightmare. After hiring a attorney and he calling their Legal Department the title is supposed to be on the way. It's terrible anyone should have to result to this. I have been in total disbelief at their outright arrogance in this whole ordeal and promise you this is the truth.

I added my checking ATM (MasterCard) to Samsung Pay (android). I deposited $1,000 in cash on a Friday afternoon. I couldn't get to my money using Samsung Pay. I called customer service and they said I had an old card even though they had just sent it to me. They suggested I call MasterCard but wouldn't give me the number... my other card from Chase (visa) worked fine. It is now 3 months later and still didn't work. Bank of the West won't return my phone calls and letters to their headquarters go unanswered. I opened a new account at Wells Fargo and the ATM card worked in Samsung Pay the same day. My conversations with Bank of the West employees about this issue usually result in rude, arrogant, and disrespectful responses by the bank's employees. What a horrible experience. I hated it. Maybe they are going out of business? Bank of the "Past"?... call me!

I have headaches with this bank from the start, should have closed my business account at day one. Nothing but trouble with them, charging for stuff not needed to be charged. They will decide what is priority cheques and hold cheques so your account can go in default just to charge you NSF fees. When you deposit a business cheque into your business account they will put a hold on cheques, although the cheques has cleared and been paid to them from client's bank, just to see if they can cause something that they can charge you for.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bank of the West?

I would give this horrific bank a zero rating if possible. They don't deserve even one star. Aside from manipulating debits to gain overdraft fees they closed out account in a heartless and devious manner. We were still struggling after the loss of our company due to the 2008 big bank corruption. When our BOW went $160 overdrawn we called to explain a big deposit was due in a week's time. The conversation was amicable. The deposit was made on a Wednesday. It showed up as being in "processing" and as Available Balance as well on Thursday.

On Friday morning it was gone from all bank history. GONE! We were told that even though we could still sign in and access the account, including the deposit, they had already CLOSED the account. Not one notification, email or message. The bank manager dealt with us in a "couldn't care less", ambivalent manner. We are now waiting for them to refund the deposit to the sender so it can be deposited to another account. In the meantime we have no access to any money to pay our bills, or buy food and gas. These banks are protected in ways that allows them to do whatever they wish with absolutely No Consequences. But I swear to God I will utilize every legal means available to me to make them pay for the way they so heartlessly destroyed our lives again and again... if it's the last thing I do. Crooks, criminals. STAY AWAY.

Bank of the West has been a horrible loan service. We had a boat loan for 10 years and had nothing but problems. Found ourselves late on a payment and informed the first person who called that we would have the payment made on the 5th and asked that the account be noted. They proceeded to call everyday straight for 6 days while claiming that the automated system does not allow for notes to be considered. When we paid off the loan, they sent the title to a home address we left 8 years ago! They were informed of the move when it occurred and they had no problem sending statements to our new home but when it came time to send the title, they didn't know we moved. Such BS.

Now they are blaming the DMV for mailing the document to the wrong home and the DMV can't do anything since the line holder was in charge of the address information. They do not take responsibility for their incorrect actions and were VERY rude when we tried to get them to fix the problem... Do NOT do business with them!

Bank of The West is Horrible. First off this bank does not provide great customer service with any department or branch you come in contact with. I am a business owner and deal with PayPal to pay different merchants to vend at their events. I had two events which I paid through PayPal, one for $500 and one for $1,000 two weeks apart. The event for $500 never happened so I called PayPal to dispute and receive a reimbursement. They notated the account and advised that all I had to do was call my bank and have them contact PayPal to reverse the transaction. I was very specific with Jeremy from the claims department on date I paid, and amount. Two days later I had a reimbursement for $1,000. Bank of The West reversed the wrong PayPal transaction.

Again, I called Bank of The West claims department and advised them of the error. I asked to speak to a supervisor to rectify the situation, he was rude and incredibly unprofessional, however completed the claim. I have not received this reimbursement and have been through two different branch managers, The office of the president, the representative whom opened the account, every supervisor I can speak with and nobody is willing to do anything to get my $500 back. This has been two months and is an ongoing battle of unreturned phone calls and absolutely no answers.

Nobody at this bank seems to know whom should handle it or how. All they have to do is call PayPal just as they did for the $1,000 transaction. There were 14 other vendors at this event and ALL received their refund except me. The only difference with me is I have Bank of The West. See my frustration? My family and business is now out of $500 because this bank does not have their customers interest as a priority nor do they have professionalism. We are closing this account and paying off our car loan with them immediately as I will NEVER again deal with this bank and either should anybody else. In fact, they should be investigated, do not become the next victim!

"Very dissatisfied" is way too high of a Rating for this bank. They don't deserve a single star. This bank should be investigated for all their re-arranging of debit card transactions to acquire more overdraft fees. When I talked with a regional manager, actually 2 different regional managers, I got two different stories from the both of them explaining why transactions were put on a so-called hold status while other transactions made after the one on hold gets processed. Well of course they hold the small amount and process the larger transaction because regional manager says "Well we want to make sure the important ones go through which are the higher amount transactions."

Who gives this bank the authority to determine which transaction is more important. Little did she know the most important transaction at that time was the smallest amount. SO AGAIN WHAT GIVES THESE FINANCIAL COMPANIES THE RIGHT TO MANIPULATE HOW THESE GET PROCESSED? Oh the other manager just denied that they do this. LOL!!!

I recently created an online banking account for my Bank of the West Mastercard (This is the only account I have with that bank). First, If you mistakenly sign-in with the wrong password after two attempts the system disables your account and you will need to call the number that's listed. This situation has happened to me twice. The first time the representative reactivated my account quickly by asking a few questions. Unfortunately, again I forgot my password and my account was disabled.

Long story short: The 2nd representative asked me 7-10 questions to identify me as the primarily card holder. His last question was "When was the last payment made towards this account?" My reply, "I cannot recall the exact date but it was during this month". The representative then said, " at this moment I am unable to assist you with your account since you weren't able to answer all the questions. Please call back at a later time".

I was very upset! I said, "I answered all your questions and because I can't tell you exactly when I made my last payment you cannot reset my account? Let me speak to your manager". I was then transfer to his so-call manager. I got nowhere with him either. The manager asked me to walk into the nearest Bank of the west branch for further verification. I replied, "You won't reset my account because I can't tell you the exact date I made a payment? I have the copy of the check here. I can tell you the amount and check #". "I apologize you will need to go to a branch"... THAT'S **! So they're inconveniencing me and asking me to walk into a branch when they can just reset this account. I'm done! I'm closing this account!

I got a $89.47 charge from a scamming company which I disputed with my Bank of the West and they said it was a legitimate charge instead of going to bat for me and getting my money back. I am not happy with this at all and am switching banks immediately. I used to work for credit card banks and we always served the customer who was disputing charges. This bank put the money taken back in my account and then sent me a letter today to say they are taking it back away. So not only was I whammied once, I was whammied again by this bank! Do you think I would get anywhere getting in touch with the Federal Trade Commission?

The branch employees have been unresponsive to a letter written by my Attorney to review bank fees from August 2016. In an attempt to deposit a check that had been endorsed by a third party for deposit only was declined. The third party presented themselves with the same endorsed check for deposit only and was again declined to be accepted. This institution publicized a business banking partnership but with a partner like this it's not a partnership any business could afford. Commerce and Business today is driven by convenience and affordability which after two years of a relationship this institution lacks and much more.

I recently bought a new Toyota and Toyota acquired a vehicle loan (Lease) from BOTW. I then tried to set up making a self-payment online, I was not able to do so. I called the company and was told that since this was a lease, this was not an option to make a self-payment online. My only options was to send a check in, or to call and have them take the payment over the phone. (Are we living in the 1990s or is the bank still Living there?) This is the only payment that I have that I cannot make online. Very disappointing!!! I have not heard about this bank before now, and maybe for good reason. I would never open an account on my own with this bank. Very poor customer service. Someone in authority needs to wake up and enter into 2016 way of doing business. Beware when using this bank, you may not be able to make online payments!!!

My account was over drafted $2. They charged me 2 x $36 fees. I asked to close the account. They refused unless I paid the fee. Now I have $168 in fees from the $2 overdraft because they wouldn't cancel the account. I'm not going to pay these thieves. They should be in prison. It is legal theft.

The app fails frequently. The bank shuts off my debit card all the time without notification or reasonable concern. They get angry when you ask them to reinstate it. I was out to eat the other day and my debit card was declined. I called to find out why and all their systems were down. I asked why and they said they wouldn't tell me. I asked how long and they said they didn't know. I don't know why I stay with this awful bank.

I wouldn't give them even one star. I purchased a boat from them 15 years ago, with a 16 year loan and made every payment on time for 15 years. I paid the boat off a year early this year and still have not received my title in which they are the lien holder. I have called countless times to customer service being told several different excuses. They sent me a notarized release and told me to take to the DMV (along with another persons I might add)... This is a paperless title, they have to release it electronically which is CA state law. They keep telling me they have, however it still shows that they have not thru the DMV.

This bank should not do loans on vehicles or boats if they do not know what to do or how to release the title once it is paid off. I paid this boat off in Sept 2016 and today is Dec 2016 no title yet and still excuses. This is horrible!! I can't get thru to any manager, they keep saying they will send an urgent email to them, and still not one call to follow up or to let me know. Now I have a boat paid off, and no title and not a bit of help from the loan dept regarding this... What do you do???

My husband and I decided to open an account at botw because we have heard good things. Go in on a Thursday and open the account in my name originally, since my hushed had lost his id and we weren't able to add him. The first thing I asked the manager who opened my account was, can he give me honesty and integrity? He said of course.

We proceed to open my account and I ask him what do I need to do to add my husband? He says to go to the dmv and bring the itemized copy, a copy of our rental agreement, his social security card, his credit cards and his paycheck stubs and we can add him. My husband takes Monday off and goes to the dmv. We go into the same branch and ask to add my husband. We get told by another banker that no we cannot add him.

I ask for the manager that had helped me prior. He says the manager is not there but the supervisor is and he will bring her to me. Well she never comes over. I finally walk over to her and ask her and tell her "Miguel said he would add my husband." He answer was "I don't care what he said, he's not here and I said no." This little girl is maybe 20 if that. I'm not going to take this disrespect from a little kid that I am giving my business and money to. I tell her she needs to close my account and she REFUSES. I tell her she cannot refuse legally to close my account and she could lose her job. Then she closes my account. It takes a lot longer than I've ever had to wait at any bank. But I wait.

Finally she's done and before giving me my cash says "you better never come back in here or I will call the cops." "Excuse me?!" I tell her, "really you won't give me my cash until you get the chance to threaten me? How professional." She tells me she's off soon and I can wait in the parking lot. I am flabbergasted. She's at work threatening me!!! She's still holding onto my cash and I tell her "you know what, call the cops. I will tell them that you threatened me and refused to give me my cash." Of course now she gives me my cash and my husband tells me to just let it go and we start to walk out and I hear her making comments. I have never been so disgusted by a bank. All because some teenage girl wants to prove she's "in charge." Well good for you being in charge because you lost a customer.

A few days later after I've calmed down I decided to give this bank, different location, a second chance. They are nicer but it takes them about 15 minutes to even acknowledge me in the bank. I explain to her my issue with the last location and she promises me that it won't be the case there. That was true, my experience at this branch was much more pleasant.

However, I am still unhappy. They don't have automatic transfer from checking to savings which bothers me. They don't provide you with an atm card while you wait for your debit card to get mailed. The mobile banking app only lets you deposit a check of up to $500.00 which sucks because my checks are well over that, so if I want to deposit my check (my company doesn't offer direct deposit) I have to go to an atm or in the bank. Then they hold my checks for 5 days. I ask when this will change and they say "after two months." That's ridiculous.

I get paid every week. So I don't get my money until a day or two before I get paid again? Lastly when my husband gets his id, we go in and I'm told we will automatically be charged to have him on my account every month because he has bad credit. I tell her this must be a mistake because regular banks don't care about credit scores for a regular account. There was no issue with my credit when I opened it originally and he has better credit than I do. And we have an account at a credit union and they DO care about credit scores. So if he can have an account at a credit union, how can we possibly have to pay for him to have an account here at botw? Overall just not a good bank. Very difficult to deal with. Poor customer service and outdated. I don't recommend. We ended up just keeping the one account we have at the credit union.

I have been a customer with Bank of the West for years. They have always kinda sucked with High ATM fees and things like that. The final straw for me was when they locked my debit card twice in a week and never notified me. They left me standing in line at the grocery store. You call customer service and they tell you their policy is to notify customers when a problem occurs. The policy isn't worth the paper it's written on. I am so glad to no longer be a customer at this bank. For your own sanity do not use BOTW.

Just horrible...everything. Bad customer service, no help from anyone and this is not just one time. It happened many times whenever I call them. They just keep transferring you...no one knows **. Keep telling me different things. No one knows what they are doing. Everything takes looong time. The branch tells me one thing and the main office the opposite. We just paid off our business loan and are waiting on a title. I just told my husband that we will have a party in honor of being DONE with them. Can't wait for that day.

I had a very few overdrafts back in 2009 and agreed to an overdraft protection plan. It was for $7500. I never needed it after that time, and I assumed it was just available for use if needed. It wasn't until recently I realized that I had been paying interest on this account since then, 7 years, and that in fact I now owe the bank (according to them) almost $7000, because the money they have been deducting for the so-called interest has been usurious (they will not tell me the rate), and it has never covered the modest principle that was needed in 2009.

I have been trying to get answers from the bank for more than a year. The local branch manager has stonewalled me and the helpline is even worse. There is no accountability. I can't change the terms, I can't pay a larger amount to get rid of this usurious interest, and I can't cancel this account. I feel I have been misled about what this was in the first place; they call it a "loan". I now believe this bank is engaging in the same practices as Wells Fargo, and that I have been a victim. How can I get recompense?

Bank of the West switched out 4 initialed pages of a 'Business Loan Agreement' for pages not initialed AND 'created' Commercial Guaranties after the closing with my signature and my son's signature. I will not be quiet or go away. I am detailing my experience on a site fraudulentbanking.com where I am posting the evidence submitted by Bank of the West in an attempt to connect with others who were victimized by Bank of the Wests fraudulent practices. My story is as follows: In 2008 I was sold a line of credit for my business. I did not need one. I did not ask for one. I agreed to a line of credit because my branch was competing with other branches for number of loans closed. I was told by the branch manager that there was no personal liability for this loan and that it was based on my company's credit. All we needed was 2 signatures from corporate officers of the company and this would sail right through.

With the great recession cast upon and regular credit drying up and/or shrinking, my company used the line of credit. My company paid all interest and never missed an interest payment. In 2014 Bank of the West did a call on the loan (which they were entitled to do). I could not make the call and they forwarded it to a collection company "Mountain States Commercial Collections Inc" who made threatening claims against us. In 2015 I was served a summons to answer and for the first time. I saw paperwork for Personal Guarantees on the loans. I saw paperwork that was fabricated and altered from the paperwork we signed.

This is my story of how Bank of the West defrauded me, my son and my business. It illustrates how Bank of the West used Mountain States Commercial Collections Inc., dba Mountain States Commercial Credit Management and their attorneys Miller Cohen Peterson and Young P.C. to DENY me my day in court. This fraud was orchestrated from the beginning, from the inception of the loan to the amount of the loan, to when it was called, to how they surprised us with fabricated documentation, to how they keep it from going to court and how they beat people into submission.

I will not be quiet nor beat into submission. I plan on exposing the actions of Bank of the West and exposing the story of how Miller Cohen Peterson and Young P.C. helped perpetuate the fraud when they knew the fraud existed. Bank of the West and Miller Cohen Peterson and Young P.C. manipulated me through the whole system where they had control. This is not an isolated incident; this is a practice. There are others out there who were targeted and manipulated as I was.

Here in the social media world, I will post my story with the public documents available at the Arapahoe County Courthouse with the case number ** presented by Miller Cohen Peterson and Young P.C. supposedly submitted to them from Bank of the West. I have redacted my name to protect my family from being exposed. I will leave the court case number un-redacted as to give access to anyone who questions the authenticity of my claims. I do not personally know who fabricated the documents, but I do know that it was between the closing and when I was served. I leave the reader to make up their minds.

What this is: This is an attempt to reach out to others of this FRAUD to contact me so we can PROVE this fraud is a practice. I want my day in court, where I can further expose the fraud perpetrated upon me, where I will have a chance to post the transcripts of the trial here on this site to expose to the public how this scheme works (worked). What this is not: An attempt to identify or accuse any individual as to personal responsibility for the fraud. I will be identifying individuals I had contact with and individuals I am going to attempt to have contact with and this in no way accuses them of perpetrating fraud although their response or lack of a response may show they condone the fraud.

I called to inquire why I had fees... Lots of them. I never was overdrawn. The supervisor was rude and I said I should close my account. In a snotty tone she told me the fees for closing account. I told her she was worthless and I will deal with everything at my branch. Stupid **... I was not about to use my card later that day. She took it upon herself to close my account and not tell me. I'm livid. I'm getting retuned payments from credit cards, can't get my money until some check shows in ten days... I'm so pissed. Is that legal?

I realized my account had been hacked into and notified them immediately that over $500 had been taken out of my account. They immediately shut my account down and told me it would take 7 - 10 days to get a new debit card. That was understandable, however then I learned I had to wait for an affidavit to sign and send back which would take another 20 days and if their committee believed I was not the one that did not take those funds, then they would be refunded! It has now been 7 days since I made the call and no affidavit or debit card. I have contacted them several times only to get the same results, NOTHING!

I will now be late on my mortgage payment which will incur a large late fee and a ding on my mortgage payment being late. I have been a BOW customer since they opened. What is hard to comprehend is when "I" tried to make a purchase to buy a laptop, they shut my account down, (WITHOUT NOTIFYING ME) and I only learned about it when I was out shopping with my granddaughter, being totally embarrassed! Once I get this matter cleared up, I am done with BOW. Their customer service has gone downhill and I need a bank that I feel my accounts are secure and helps their customers rather than allowing hackers to overtake your account and leave you with no ability to access your funds and treat you like you're the thief. Frustrated beyond belief!!!

I have been with Bank of the West for the past 15 years and I have always gone to 2 locations near my home but one of the branches never acknowledges me or greets me as come in. I don't know why. They make eye contact to me but they are just cold and doing their job with little or no enthusiasm. The branch that I'm very unhappy with is Bank of the West located at 19005 Colima Road Rowland Heights, CA. I have to be the one greeting the tellers and if I have a question for the manager she is not available or willing to help. I have to wait until she is done even though she has no customer. Please have someone do some research and look into this matter.

This bank not only did not give me straight answers on my payments but were EXTREMELY RUDE AND UNPROFESSIONAL. I am moving my loan to another bank ASAP! Worse bank. Horrible service!

I wish there was a way to post less than 1 star! We have been issued 12 debit cards over the last 6 months. 4 cards each for 3 family members on our account.

We have spent hours on the phone trying to resolve this. The most recent card received on my wife's account has her name and middle initial correct. However our 7 letter last name shows on the card with the following incorrect. 1st and 2nd are wrong, where the 3rd letter should be, it's blank and the 4th and 5th letters are incorrect. The last 2 letters are miraculously correct. All of the other ones have misspellings, or sent to the wrong address.

Southwest Airlines quadruple charged my account (total of $880) and they sent a hold release form to my branch on 84th & Giles in Omaha, NE. The branch told me yesterday there was no way they can actually remove the hold for me and to call the 800 number on the back of my card. I called the 800 number on the back of my card and they seemed confused as to why the branch couldn't have just done it. She then put me on hold for about 15 minutes and said they can't release the hold but the hold DOES expire at the end of day and promised I will have my funds released back to me by tomorrow. It is now tomorrow and my funds were never released back to me - in fact, now my account is overdrawn. And since BOTW likes to be different, none of their branches are open on a Saturday to even put money into my account.

I called the 800 number again today and was told "sorry ma'am, we don't know why the lady on the phone yesterday would tell you that your hold expires at the end of night, it actually won't be released until Tuesday." I then asked to speak to a supervisor and this supervisor lady was EXTREMELY rude and has zero compassion to my situation. She said the only way that they can release my hold is if the merchant (Southwest) faxes them over a hold release form. I said "they DID fax this over yesterday to the branch and the branch told me to call the 800 number." She said "sorry but I can't do anything since the branch is closed today." ARE YOU KIDDING??? I told her that I even have a copy of the hold release form that came straight from the merchant. I told her I could email it to her and she said they don't have the ability to receive email (yeah right). I hung up extremely frustrated and in tears.

I was promised my funds would be back to me today and now I have to sit all Memorial Day weekend with my account being overdrawn??? I can't even wait to dispute my overdraft fees!! Shame on the 84th and Giles branch for not just taking care of this themselves and shame on the customer service people for providing me incorrect information and no willingness to help. I just got married last weekend and my husband and I were going to open a joint account here. After this experience, I will be closing my account and going to bank that actually cares about their customers. This is absolutely insane. Update - it is now May 31st (a BUSINESS day) and my situation is not resolved. This has been going on since 5/27.

I had an RV financed with them for over 10 years. Most of the time my payment was not in on the due date but always before the 30-day late mark. I called to get the pay off amount to send in and it was 500.00 more than what my balance online stated. They informed me that the extra amount was for late fees. (I accept the fact that I was late often, but 500.00 come on seriously). I told the CSR that I was not aware of any fees accumulating and that when I send in my regular monthly payment I was aware I was being charged a late fee, but that I thought they would deduct my interest and then the late fee and then apply the rest to my principal, meaning less being applied toward the original loan amount and it taking me longer to pay off. The CSR said I could write a letter requesting the fees to be removed and they would let me know something within 5 business days to call back. So I did and I waited 5 days and called back.

They told me they did not see where a work order had been submitted for my request. The CSR said she would submit it and request an expedited decision to call back in 3 days. I waited 4 days plus 2 weekend days to call. Nothing. "Sorry ma'am no work order has been submitted." I requested to speak to a manager and he informed me that no work order had been submitted but insured me that he would do it right then and for me to call back in 4 business days.

Finally after 20 days of waiting I get the answer that they will only remove 1 fee. WHATEVER!! I accept that I was late I will pay up... Tried to pay my balance and they won't take pay off amounts over the phone. I have to wire transfer it from my bank (pay a bank fee to do so) and then set up a FedEx account for them to bill for sending me my title (I requested overnight because during this time I have sold the RV). I have never been so frustrated with a bank in my entire life. No one is friendly and really no one seems to care what you have to say nor are they willing to work with you to come to an agreement. I will say that one day they are going to be sued because I went back and looked at my original loan documents and NOWHERE in the documents does it state that fees accumulate. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THEM AT ALL!!! You're better off contacting your local bank or credit union.

Every time I would pay extra on the loan they would delay the credit date so they could get more in interest. When I had a loan from Ford Motor Credit payment were recorded without delay. When I paid off the Ford Motor Credit loan I had my title to me within 10 days and I didn't need to do anything. I paid off the Bank of the West loan off and they sent me a lien release with my last name spelled wrong. I have gone by the tag office to correct this but was turned away for a long wait time. Bank of the West only works for itself not the customer.

I had to communicate with the call center which was a huge waste of time. I had none of my questions answered, I was hung up on multiple times, and was spoken to in the most rude tones. I am so unhappy with this experience. I will be ending my account with Bank of the West. If you want great customer service, low costs, and people who are generally nice people, head over to Wells Fargo, they would be happy to help you, unlike BOTW.

Bank of the West Company Profile