1.32/5

285 Bank of the West Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 31, 2019

This bank refuses to close my account, and I do not have access to see any transactions to ensure that the account will stay closed. No answers for fraud on my account. I just want to get away from this company, but they refuse to close my account.

Original review: July 30, 2019

When opening the account the person who was opening the account refers to me and made reference of terrorist activities based on my name. After being unhappy with their services I closed account and was given a credit for a refund to a closed account. Bank of the West instead of giving me the remaining balance kept my refund.

Original review: July 22, 2019

I have been a Bank of the West customer for a few years and they simply do not provide the customer service or product service that I need and want. 1. They do not allow wire transfers online. 2. Their Zelle payment offering is very misleading. 3. They charge very very high fees ($40 for a wire payment). 4. Their branch employees do not offer any assistance and I ended up shutting my account in the branch and at no time did an employee try to stop me 5. Their credit card offering isn't great at all, they don't even offer points on some of their cards. Please stay away from this bank - you can sign up to a much better service in the USA.

Original review: July 19, 2019

I am in the middle of a number of critical personal transactions while I am selling and buying a home. Their online banking has been down for over a week and asking people to call a customer support line with wait times over an hour. Should you wait an hour, you may receive a voice message saying that the system is down and disconnect you. I managed to speak with one person who could not unlock my account, but stated that they have been hacked and working through the issues although their firewall was not breached. (Yeah... right!) Waiting again in the hopes of speaking to someone so that I can ensure the transactions are going through while I am on the road. I am switching banks as soon as possible. AVOID AT ALL COSTS!

Original review: July 18, 2019

This is the worst bank anyone can have. Website do not work. You can't make payment online as if you have missed payment, it doesn't allow you to do it. Customer service sucks and they have no manners. High interest and a lot of fines.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bank of the West?

Original review: July 17, 2019

My password disabled??? Day 5!!! I cannot access my online accounts, the hold times are horrendous, and then I get disconnected after waiting for 45 minutes? I NEED to check my accounts!!! No explanation on their website!! WTH is going on?? This is so unnacceptable! I have been with Bank of the West for over 20 years, and now I am seriously thinking of closing my accounts.

Original review: July 17, 2019

Been with BOW for a year. They charge an arm and a leg for anything. The workers are really nice because they're paid to be nice but other than that, I'm not very satisfied with how they charge fees for almost everything. You still have to roll your coins and their check processing for large batches is not efficient. Their check machines are constantly breaking down.

Original review: July 15, 2019

Bank of the west website has been down for over 7 days, and you cannot get through to their customer service- wait time of over 1 hour, and as your on hold for about 35 minutes, you get a voice message that their system is overloaded and it disconnects you. What is going on? Why haven't they alerted their customers?

This have been about 1 week, (7 days) no message even posted on their website, but clearly there are issues, and serious ones.

I spoke to a local branch B of West representative and she indicated her frustration and said "yes we are having serious problems and it's nationwide". With that being said shouldn't we have been alerted? If you go on their website nothing about this, nothing, it's like business as usual, but its NOT. Again, you cannot contact customer service because message indicates over 1 hours wait time, then into the hour it hangs up on you.

Original review: July 15, 2019

So I'm on top of my accounts especially when they're low, I checked my balance before every purchase but I don't know what happened and I saw I was pending -8 so I quickly before cut off deposited $75 in thinking it would cover any overdraft and that would be fine. I was wrong. My bank statement shows that the deposited money cleared and AFTER they charged me a 175 overdraft fee. Because the 8 were all $1 payments. So they gave me 5 $35 over 5 $1 payments. But they also went on ahead and waited another day to finish processing things because they only charge 5 fees a day. So then the next day I'm hit with 70. And this morning another random $35.

But looking at my money going in and out minus the overdraft fees I should be positive. They never needed to front money for me for anything except these fees. My total right now is -$256, but how much sense does that make if they charged me -275 in overdraft fees. My balance should be negative more than the fee amount had I actually gone over. Until now I spoke very highly of them but this is crazy. I feel like the bank robbed me. Needless to say I don't even have any money now. And have no idea how I'll eat or pay bills. I can't believe that this is something that could actually happen.

Original review: July 15, 2019

If at all possible, do NOT do business with this bank. I have been with them over 15 years and finally today could not take it any longer and switched banks. Such a pain and hassle, moving all of my direct deposits, automatic payments, etc. but that is far less than the hassle I experience with Bank of the West on a daily basis. A mobile app that NEVER works, ATM's that are USUALLY down and horrid customer service. Wish I had switched years ago.

Bank of the West Company Information