5.0(141)
Written by
Author picture
Edited by

About Augusta Precious Metals

Augusta Precious Metals is a gold and silver dealer offering both cash purchases and precious metal IRAs. You can choose from several depositories to store your precious metals, and it has multiple custodian options, too. Augusta provides lifetime customer support for your gold and silver investments.

Pros & Cons

Pros
  • Lifetime customer support
  • Three custodian options
  • Transparent purchase information
  • Bulk precious metals discounts available
Cons
  • No online orders
  • $50,000 minimum for orders

Stars Rating

• 99%
  • 1%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Augusta Precious Metals?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Augusta Precious Metals?

Reviewed Feb. 28, 2023

Augusta Precious Metals went above and beyond a consumer's expectations in providing everything one needs to know about golds IRA and also what Augusta does in the gold IRA business, with great thoroughness and transparency. I was given a complimentary webinar that lasted more than 1.5 hours where I met with a team of caring and intelligent professionals who shared knowledge with me that I wouldn't have gotten anywhere else! Thank you, Augusta!

Pinned
    T, thank you very much for sharing an account of your positive experience with our team. It's worth it to us to take the time needed with every customer. Don't forget, we'll be here as your personal resource as long as you need us -- through the entire lifetime of your account.

Customer ServiceTransparency

Reviewed Feb. 25, 2023

Working with Augusta Precious Metals, they provided understandable information on the purchase of metals towards an IRA fund and all the procedures, transfers and holding facilities involved. They where helpful in every step and provided phone and E mail communication in from beginning to end of the process, and follow up on the satisfaction of the transaction, plus Email documentation.

Pinned
    Thank you, David. We appreciate your positive review of our team and look forward to assisting you with the same high level of service throughout the lifetime of your account.

Reviewed Oct. 19, 2022

The Zoom call I attended was planned very well with a combination of video, slide show, and 1:1 chats. The information was very helpful, and my questions were honestly and clearly addressed. Thanks for assuring my understanding of the process prior to committing to a purchase.

Pinned
    Martin, thank you for taking time to share this. It was our team's pleasure to assist you with this very important process--and I want you to know the same service is available to you throughout your entire account lifetime. Don't hesitate to call on us!

Reviewed Aug. 21, 2022

This was my first metal purchase. The staff was very nice and helpful with everything. They explained the process and answered all my questions in detail. I was happy with the service that they provided me.

Pinned
    Hello, Daryl. Thank you so much for taking time to let everyone know your experience with us was positive and helpful. Our goal is to make the process quick, easy, transparent, and easy to understand. We look forward to serving as your personal resource through the lifetime of your account.

Reviewed July 12, 2022

I initiated a precious metals IRA from APM earlier this year. The sign-up process was straightforward and fairly easy to complete. Transferring all the precious metals to the custodian took longer than I expected but was completed recently. Judging from my experience, I would recommend them to other investors.

Pinned
    Thank you for your comments, Fred. I'm happy your experience with our team was positive. We are sensitive to the need to make the process quick and easy for our customers. Sometimes things beyond our control slow it down, but we will keep pressing ahead to become ever more efficient. Remember we are here to support you through the lifetime of your account — don't hesitate to call on us!

Reviewed June 22, 2022

Everyone we spoke to at Augusta Precious Metals was very informative, patient, and understanding of our questions and concerns. They even set us an appointment with their director of education for any additional questions and a comprehensive review of what we covered today during our web conference. I find it incredibly refreshing not to be pressured, and to even have a company recognize that the sheer amount of information may require a revisit, just so you can hear it all again and readdress any questions that may arise in the interim. Thank you APM, and thank you Lauran ** for your guidance and commitment to our pleasurable experience. We look forward to being customers for life. Respectfully, Michael & Morgan **.

Pinned
    Hi, Michael. I'm happy to hear we were able to provide the information you needed before opening an account. That is exactly why we have set up our team to be in a position to take questions and patiently get you answers you need if we can. We will be here working with you for the duration -- the entire lifetime of your account.

Reviewed May 8, 2022

I was recommended Augusta by a friend. I was interested in learning more about a precious metals IRA. They set up a zoom meeting and I was provided with a very detailed presentation. Afterwards they answered all of my questions. They were very helpful and knowledgeable. I appreciated that they do not pressure you to open an account with their company.

Pinned
    Sasha, thank you for letting us know your work with our team was helpful. Don't hesitate to check in again at any time. We will be here to help for the entire lifetime of your account.

Reviewed April 20, 2022

Participated in the Augusta Precious Metals webinar. It was very informative with knowledgeable staff. Felt very comfortable being able to ask questions. So far impressed with the company. A bonus was to find out that you get a free silver coin with each review that you do.

Pinned
    I appreciate your taking the time to write this review, Joe. It's important for people to have this information and it's to your credit that you sought it out. The team is committed to being there for you to make the process easy and quick -- and we stay in touch, serving as your personal resource, throughout the life of your account. We are here to help...

PriceStaff

Reviewed March 29, 2022

I have dealt with Augusta in the past. This recent transaction was seamless. They are very patient with questions, and a pleasure to deal with. I wired the funds for a recent transaction. As soon as the funds arrived (that day), I received a verification call, and was asked what I wished to purchase. Prices were competitive. I will continue to deal with Augusta in the future.

Pinned
    That's an amazing positive report of service from us, Robert, and we very much appreciate it. As you know, we work hard to make sure the process is as quick and easy as possible -- and transparent, so you always know what's happening with your account. Also, as you know, we are available as your personal resource for the entire account lifetime, so be sure to ask if you have other questions any time.

Customer ServicePrice

Reviewed March 28, 2022

The customer service was superb, they explained each part of the process and showed me what was required to set up an IRA account to hold the gold/silver coins. However, the price of the gold/silver coins was quite high compared to the price of gold/silver quoted in the Wall Street Journal.

Pinned
    Hi, Tom. It was our pleasure to serve as your source of information and assistance with these products. The sale price is always higher than "spot" -- is that what you are referring to? Prices also vary from day to day. Please let us know if you'd like to discuss! I can tell you that we know Augusta's bullion prices are competitive. We appreciate your time and will always be here to help for your account lifetime.

Reviewed March 26, 2022

Transferred two old 401k's to Augusta Precious Metals. was very easy, and the staff answered any Questions I had. took about two or three weeks from start to finish. I would highly recommend Augusta to anyone!

Pinned
    Great to hear, Jeffrey. You deserve credit for taking action with your new account. We love helping retirement savers like you, and I'm sure you now know we will be here to assist you from today through your account lifetime. Call on us anytime.

Reviewed March 24, 2022

Had a wonderful phone call with Mr. Devlyn ** on the webinar presentation. He explained the current market in regard to gold/silver and has an extensive background in Analytics. He kindly took questions and answers (I had a list) and helped me understand more particulars. Lauran ** did a great job in helping prep for the call and follow-up. They focused on information...no pressure, no deadlines, no "sense of urgency". They want the gold investment decision to be well thought out by the customer. Very happy with the information I received.

Pinned
    Arlene, thanks so much for letting everyone know you are happy with our team. It's important for Americans to know how to effectively diversify their savings, and we feel honored to help. Please don't hesitate to check in anytime during the process -- we are here to help through your entire account lifetime.

Reviewed March 10, 2022

Extremely current, detailed and informative. Pertinent to my situation and although a general overview of world events reflected well on my desires. Adapted timing to my schedule. Provides available services and all accompanying fees.

Pinned
    Hello, Richard: We very much appreciate your comments -- we are committed to providing transparent information you can't find anywhere else that is important to help you diversify. Call on us any time. We offer account lifetime service, so you know we'll be here when you need us.

Reviewed March 10, 2022

I just completed the Augusta’s unique Gold & Silver Web Conference and 1:1 session to learn more about a precious metals self-directed IRA. Great information and I especially liked the 1:1 opportunity to ask my questions and learn more. Thank you!

Pinned
    I'm so glad the web conference was helpful, Aleta. Thank you for trusting us with your time. It's our favorite thing to do -- help American retirement savers diversify in this great way. We'll be here for your account lifetime to assist in any way we can.

Reviewed March 10, 2022

Excellent presentation by Augusta Precious Metals. I feel I need to protect my retirement and I am happy to put it in a gold/silver IRA. Augusta Precious Metals were very polite and easy to talk to and I left the presentation knowing that I am making the best decision.

Pinned
    Hi, Julia: That is great news! It is our pleasure to help you diversify with these products. Keep in mind that our team will be here throughout the entire lifetime of your account to assist, so don't hesitate to call us.

Reviewed March 5, 2022

I'm new to precious metals and transferring part of my IRA to a new precious metals IRA was a scary thought. These folks put my mind at ease and made the transaction seamless! I highly recommend Augusta Precious Metals for anyone considering a gold IRA.

Pinned
    Mark, so glad to hear that things went well with the team. We are happy to be able to help you get the information and confidence you needed. The great thing is that the same team is here to help anytime throughout your account lifetime.

Reviewed Feb. 26, 2022

Due to our uncertain times, I believe the responsible thing for me to do to protect my investments is to invest a portion in PHYSICAL Silver and Gold. After considering several companies I selected Augusta as the best choice. Their reviews were outstanding with no negatives that I could find. Their team made the process as efficient as possible and was very informative.

Pinned
    MG, I appreciate that you took time to leave this review of our team. Thank you for selecting us as your choice for this purchase. We are committed to being here for you for the lifetime of your account, so please don't hesitate to call on us.

Reviewed Feb. 11, 2022

The Zoom presentation was very informative and the individuals were very knowledgeable and friendly. We were able to ask questions and received informed answers. This has allowed us to make a more informed decision about diversifying our assets based on the current economic situation.

Pinned
    Hi, James. Thank you so much for your positive review of our team. We are here to help you get the information you need — any time. In fact, unlike many other companies, we are here as your personal resource for the entire lifetime of your account, not just until you purchase your products. Call on us as needed!

Reviewed Jan. 31, 2022

Mr. ** was very informative and thorough in his educational presentation and Mr. ** was very helpful and professional. Both gentlemen answered all of my questions and neither pressured me to invest. I feel very comfortable if I decide to invest with APM. I have done much of my research ahead of time, and they have lived up to their top-notch reputation.

Pinned
    Thank you, Antonio. We appreciate you and look forward to assisting you further — in fact, as you now know, we are here for you throughout the entire lifetime of your account. Don't hesitate to call on us.

Reviewed Jan. 27, 2022

The customer service person was quick to be of assistance. She is reliable and willing to research the things in question. And to get back to me in a timely fashion. I know this to be a fact from a previous situation involving fees.

Pinned
    Robert, I am so glad to hear you were able to resolve your questions with our team's help. That is definitely the goal — we want you to feel free to call on us at any time. We will be here as your own source of information through the entire lifetime of your account!

Reviewed Jan. 18, 2022

Augusta Precious Metals are a great resource to diversity your portfolio with a precious metals IRA. They are very knowledgeable about the market and have excellent customer service. I highly recommend them.

Pinned
    Tracy, thank you so much for your vote of confidence in our team. Our goal is to make the process easy and transparent for you and all of our customers. Don't forget, you can call on us any time during the entire life of your account.

Reviewed Jan. 14, 2022

Very positive experience with Augusta Precious Metals. Attended the one-on-one Video Conference with Mr. Devlyn **, who answered many questions regarding uncertainties in the current economic climate. Lauran ** was very helpful in giving advice to help me navigate toward setting up a self-directed IRA. Will not work with any other company!

Pinned
    I'm very happy the team was able to help you, Brian. Our goal is to not only make things easy for you to navigate but to help you get the information you need. It's the very reason we have an on-staff economist and precious metals experts at the ready for all of our customers. Call on us any time during your account lifetime.

Reviewed Jan. 13, 2022

Gave all the reasons for buying gold and silver as a stable place to save your money, avoiding the precarious state of the money in the world and US. It felt like a very safe place to put money I've saved that could disappear in the days ahead.

Pinned
    Hi, Judith: It's so important for investors to stay on top of economic changes — it helps you decide next steps. That's why we spend so much time sharing information. In fact, as you know now, we are here as your personal source of updates on the economy and precious metals for the entire duration of your account. Don't hesitate to call on us.

Customer ServiceSales & MarketingStaff

Reviewed Dec. 24, 2021

Customer service team made great efforts to engage me into a 30 minutes 1:1 web conference with Mr. Devlyn **. Devlyn did an excellent job in educating me about the current economic situation. He was very kind in making sure that I understood what he was talking about. Near the end, he was patiently doing Q&A with me. Finally, a customer service team member followed up with me. The entire process was done professionally, educational only, no sales pitches. Great job!

Pinned
    Thank you for taking time to write this, Tom. As you could tell, it's really important to us to make the process of learning about gold and silver (and opening accounts) very unstressful and clear. We know it's a big decision and you need to feel confident. We will be available for the entire lifetime of your account with the same level of service.

Transparency

Reviewed Dec. 23, 2021

From start to finish I could not have asked for better service. I was given a clear description of the programs, the advantages, the security of the product, and all my questions were answered. Each step was clearly outlined. Thank you.

Pinned
    Hi, V! Thank you for explaining how well your time with our team went. We love helping Americans like you protect your retirement savings -- and making the process smooth and easy. We will always be here to help, through the entire lifetime of your account. Don't be shy about checking back with us anytime!

Reviewed Dec. 23, 2021

The consultants are knowledgeable and the webinar was informative and very helpful. They patiently answered my questions and concerns. Ebony, one of the representative in charge of assisting new clients, walked me through the whole process of signing up and rolling over of my 401K.

Pinned
    Hi, Marissa. Thanks so much for weighing in on your experience with our team. It was our pleasure to help you protect your savings with these products. Remember, Ebony and the entire team are always here to help -- through the entire life of your account, not just after setup!

Reviewed Dec. 20, 2021

I would like to express that was a great presentation. It was very informative and interesting. My wife had some reservations as to rolling over my existing 401K and her concerns have been resolved. It was a great and informative presentation.

Pinned
    Michael, I greatly appreciate your taking time to let the world know how happy you are with our team. We love our work, because we get to help Americans like you and your wife find confidence in the future through these assets. Effective diversification is very powerful! Please remember we are always here, through the entire lifetime of your account, to help in any way we can.

Reviewed Nov. 22, 2021

As a new and inexperienced customer to purchasing PM for investment, this company has an excellent presentation and very professional business staff to help me along the way. So far my experience is great!

Pinned
    Hi, Kelly: Thank you so much for your vote of faith in the team. It is always our pleasure to help you get the information you need and make the process easy. In fact, as I'm sure the guys explained, we are committed to serving as your personal resource from beginning to end of your account span. Let us know how we can help.

Reviewed Nov. 18, 2021

Augusta Precious Metal agent Kevin Martin put together a very informative presentation of IRA Gold and Silver investments. He coordinated a presentation by Devlyn ** which provided details from an economy perspective. I was impressed with the information which was presented. This information provided me with the information that I need to determine if investing in precious is right for my portfolio. They graciously answered all my questions.

Pinned
    Hi, Jack: Thanks very much for taking time to let the world know about your positive experience with Kevin and the team. It was our pleasure to help you get informed about the economy and the buying process. Don't forget that the same team of professionals will be available all through the life of your account with us.

Reviewed Nov. 17, 2021

From the minute I began my Zoom call to the minute I ended the call and throughout the entire sign-up process, there was a lot of educational presentations and discussion with both my Customer Success Agent (Kevin) and the Head Analyst (Clint). They both were very patient and understanding with me, and I appreciated their time, their kindness, and their professionalism. I feel confident in my investment decision and am happy to be a client of Augusta Precious Metals.

Pinned
    Hi, Sondra: Welcome! It was our pleasure to assist you in getting the information you needed to open your account. We know it can be challenging to gather information about the economy--there is so much to know, and during times like these there is so much at stake. We will be here to help for the entire lifetime of your account, so be sure to let us know if you have more questions.

Augusta Precious Metals Company Information