2. Gold IRA Companies

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.76/5

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Augusta Precious Metals in an award-winning company that stays with customers through the life of their physical gold and silver portfolios. The company is a leader in the retirement community and advocates for the importance of adding physical gold and silver to retirement portfolios.

Augusta Precious Metals is committed to total transparency, simplicity and lifetime service to customers and their customized metals portfolios. The company’s customers enjoy the benefit of specialized departments and a streamlined process that results in cost savings passed to customers through lower prices. The company's corporate ambassador is Hall of Fame quarterback Joe Montana. The Augusta analytics team is available to anyone in the U.S. interested in exploring gold and silver as a protective portfolio asset.

BOTTOM LINE

Augusta Precious has a high level of experience and knowledge. Customers have an assigned personal agent. Augusta specializes in silver and gold IRAs.

PROS

• Lifetime customer support
  • Streamlined approach
  • Competitive pricing

CONS

• No online orders

Take a Quiz

Get matched with a Gold IRA Accredited Partner

Find my match

Gold and other precious metal IRAs are an investment and carry risk. Consumers should be alert to claims that customers can make a lot of money in these or any investment with little risk. As with any investment, you can lose money and past performance is not a guarantee of future performance results. Consumers should also obtain a clear understanding of the fees associated with any investment before agreeing to invest.

About Augusta Precious Metals

Augusta Precious Metals works with customers to set up silver and gold self-directed IRAs and send IRS-approved metals to secure depositories. The company helps educate people who desire information before deciding to fund a gold IRA and provides robust information on its website. Its online resources include current market news, videos led by a Harvard analytics program member and a required minimum distribution (RMD) calculator. The company also offers free one-on-one webinars with its in-house economic analysts.

The company partners with the Royal Canadian Mint to introduce the American public to purer coins at lower prices than many other mints. The company is tech-savvy and has an online chat option.

Hall of Fame quarterback Joe Montana is the company’s corporate ambassador — his financial advisors vetted all the gold companies in the U.S., and they chose Augusta because of its streamlined, organized approach and reputation for integrity and compliance.

Augusta donates a portion of its net proceeds to K9s for Warriors.

Augusta Precious Metals cost

Setup of a gold IRA account through Augusta Precious Metals costs $50. Customers also pay two annual fees: an $80 custodian maintenance fee and a $100 storage fee at the depository, but qualified customers can have their fees paid for a lifetime. Shipping and transit insurance is free for qualifying orders.

The cost of coins and bullion depends on current gold and silver spot prices and market rates for premium coins. Augusta is transparent about its markup and prices, which is essential information when comparing with other companies. It has a price-match guarantee. In 2019, the company only had to price match two times.

Augusta Precious Metals' markup is:

• Gold bullion coins: about 5% over cost, which includes free shipping and free insurance
    • Silver bullion coins: about 5% over cost, which includes free shipping and free insurance

Augusta Precious Metals gold and silver IRAs

Augusta has specialized departments with highly competent agents and personnel who streamline and organize the process unlike any other firm. Customers work directly with a personal agent, an economic analytics team led by a member of the Harvard Business Analytics Program, the IRA processing team and the order desk.

The Augusta Precious Metals' approach emulates automobile assembly line systems. The resulting effectiveness and efficiency produce cost benefits Augusta passes along to customers.

The three steps to opening a gold or silver IRA with Augusta Precious Metals are:

1. Open an IRA account: Augusta Precious Metals partners with one of the industry’s most reputable, most efficient gold IRA custodians, with preferred Augusta pricing.
    2. Fund the account: If you have an existing 401(k), IRA or other retirement accounts, you can roll over funds from those accounts.
    3. Buy gold or silver: You purchase precious metals for your IRA. Augusta sends your gold and/or silver to the Delaware Depository or another secure location in one of several cities around the country.

Augusta Precious Metals FAQ

Where will Augusta Precious Metals store my gold?
    Augusta Precious Metals partners with depositories in California, Delaware, Idaho, Massachusetts, Nevada, New York, North Dakota, Ohio, Ontario and Utah to store your gold and other precious metals. The company’s preferred depository is located in Delaware.
    How much does it cost to open a gold IRA with Augusta Precious Metals?
    Other than the purchase of the precious metals themselves to fund your gold or silver IRA, it costs $50 to set up your account with Augusta. You can talk to a representative about getting annual custodian and depository fees paid for a lifetime.
    Can I see my gold and silver in person?
    Yes, you can make an appointment to travel to the depository and see your precious metals in person.
    What precious metals can I include in my IRA?
    Augusta Precious Metals offers gold and silver coins and bullion as well as premium coins.

Do we recommend Augusta Precious Metals?

Augusta Precious Metals is a great choice for first-time gold IRA buyers because the company provides substantial free online resources to help you make sense of the process. Augusta’s gold and silver offerings are straightforward, and the company’s online tools, including chat, calculators and price tracking, are helpful. Experienced gold IRA owners appreciate the company’s commitment to bulk purchases, price advantages and lifetime customer service. The company states it is a relationship company, not a transactional company, so buyers looking to purchase small batches of coins and bullion may want to look elsewhere.

Augusta Precious Metals Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Augusta Precious Metals?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Augusta Precious Metals?

Original review: Nov. 16, 2020

I had basically no familiarity with precious metals when I began looking for a dealer. I wanted to learn more about adding gold and silver to a retirement portfolio. I began with a random web search and soon found the Augusta website. Thank GOD it’s easy to navigate – I’m old, LOL. First thing that jumped out was seeing that quarterback Joe Montana is an Augusta client. Something else that stood out is all the outstanding consumer ratings they’ve earned. I went ahead and filled out the contact form. Long story short: I’m thrilled with Augusta. Special shout-out to Mr. Devlyn **, who hosts Augusta’s free precious metals web conference and is VERY patient, LOL. It was super-informative (and I couldn’t find anything similar when I was checking out other companies).

Augusta Precious Metals response
    Thank you, Robert. At Augusta, as you learned, we are determined to help Americans understand what's happening with the economy and help you add gold and silver to your retirement portfolio. I am pleased that the new website was easy for you to navigate and get the precious metals information you needed. As an Augusta gold and silver buyer, you have access to all of our departments for the life of your personal precious metals account.

Augusta Precious Metals

Original review: Oct. 6, 2020

I just had a couple of hundred grand and I bought a house, paid it off in nine months, and I bought a car. I went ahead and spent $100,000 on silver through Augusta. I accepted they were the subject matter expert, I asked for advice, and I was surprised. They didn't mix it up with some platinum or gold in there, but I'm not the precious metals guy. So, I got all silver. There was an answer for any question I had. You would get a straight talk, and the only stupid question is when you don't ask. It was a very secure and satisfying experience that achieved my required goals. I've been retired 19 years now. Once the collapse comes and we get through it and all that, at least I don't have fiat currency.

Augusta Precious Metals response
    Hello, John: I appreciate hearing how you feel about your Augusta Precious Metals buying experience. It is our goal to help gold and silver buyers easily add the assets they want in cash accounts or tax-advantaged retirement accounts. Many Americans, like you, are looking to physical precious metals assets to give them a little peace of mind during these volatile times. We are always here to provide more information when you need it.

Augusta Precious Metals

Get buying tips about Gold IRA Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2020

I had talked to Augusta and they called. I wasn't ready but they had the patience to teach me. And then I ended up having a divorce slammed on me right in the face of my retirement, which caused me to work an extra three years. I told Augusta that wouldn't be able to do it for at least a year and that they should give me a callback after that. About a year later, they called and I told them I was in the middle of a divorce. I asked them to call me back in about six months. They called me right back in six months.

Since I was old enough, I could transfer money out of my 401k and get it in there because it was a company-sponsored one. Augusta led me through the whole thing and transferred. I wanted to get into precious metals and they happened to be there for me. Their follow-up was excellent and their people were absolutely wonderful. Jasmine was kind of my account manager and Isaac was one of the buyers of the silver. They did me right.

Isaac and Jasmine are two stand-up people. With the last shipment I had come in, I had it shipped directly to FedEx where the distribution point is down at the Fort Worth airport. Little did I know that they don't do ground freight there. I got down there about a week after I got in because I was out of town. They were getting ready to ship it back. I had to have it sent to a FedEx office type deal.

I did have some overnight stuff sent and I did pick it up at that location because I work on the road so you need to have a signature on this stuff. If you don't have a signature, they're not gonna drop it off. They wanna see your ID and make sure that it's you that's getting it. I made it a point to say, "Ship it here. I'll go pick it up on my time." They found it down there and I kinda got a scolding. But now, I know how the game works. Augusta would have never known that so that's not their fault at all. They did everything that I've asked them to.

You can't beat Augusta. When you do a transfer like this, it costs me a little bit. What people don't understand until they start to look at things is that trusts are so great because it's like a Social Security number. You have a strawman account and it's a trust account in your name that the government took out. The government trades on that trust account. It's banks, insurance companies, and lawyers.

With the initial purchase that I made inside of a year, I made 75,000. I almost doubled my money on what I had invested in. I kinda understood that the precious metals were probably gonna start taking off because of our financial situation in this country. They are not gonna stop and will continue to go. I've got the potential of recouping what I lost in the divorce, which was a quarter-million dollars out of my 401k, and then tenfold it at the same time. That's kind of where I'm at with it.

Augusta is an amazing company. The biggest thing is the consistency of which they worked with me. I had a number of people call me from different companies. I would tell them I was not ready yet and to call me back in six or eight months. But they would be bugging me two days later with somebody else in the company. I told them that I was not gonna deal with this and that if they were gonna harass me about this, they were not getting my money and that I don't trust them.

I had some guy sell me some coins saying those were gonna be great. I started asking some questions and I ended up buying a roll. I lost money but I'll get it back out of them eventually. I ended up going online and found out I could've bought them for 100 bucks cheaper for a roll of coins in silver. The next time, I started asking them questions. I kept asking and finally, the guy just hung up on me. Augusta has come through and proven to straight upfront care about their customer and I can't say enough good about them.

I have recommended Augusta to other people that I know and told them, "You need to get ahold of this guy." They set it up with a trust and they have an attorney. Now, all my precious metals are in a trust. You have to have them in some type of vault so I have a safety deposit box. I also have physical metal in my possession and nobody can take that. I can't lose it on a piece of paper where, all of a sudden, it just drops out of sight.

Augusta Precious Metals response
      Thomas, so sorry you have gone through some difficult times. We try to be there for those who need us, with all the info you require -- when the time is right for you to own gold and silver. Part of our commitment to customers is to help educate them on the economy and precious metals. And then we are determined to make the gold and silver buying process as easy as possible. Don't forget, we can be a resource for you through the entire life of your precious metals account. All the best to you going forward...

Augusta Precious Metals

Original review: Sept. 9, 2020

I've worked with more than one gold company or IRA people and Augusta does more with specific coins. Their collection of coins may have been different than other people and they're one of the ones that also worked with IRA. It's been a year since I've done anything in the golden market, and compared to other things happening, the impact is very low. Am I considering buying gold or silver again? Yes, but I would be looking at it more from buying gold bars or silver bars, and not looking into coin collection. I haven't learned enough or I don't feel like taking the energy to learn enough about coins.

A lot of people that are my age collect coins, and they're very knowledgeable. I have people that could give me information if that was the route that I wanted to go, but so far, I haven't had that bent. Still, the Augusta representatives were knowledgeable and personable and I didn’t feel like I didn't wanna ever talk to those people again. I only carry forward people that I might want to stay in touch with and they are definitely on my shortlist. They were one of the three that I kept some information on and I’d talk to them again.

Augusta Precious Metals response
      Paula, thank you for your vote of confidence in Augusta Precious Metals. It was our pleasure to help you obtain the information you need about adding physical gold and silver to your portfolio — and the silver and gold IRA rollover. Don't forget, as a customer of Augusta Precious Metals, you have access to all of our precious metals professionals and every member of our team.

Augusta Precious Metals

Original review: Sept. 5, 2020

We were interested in purchasing silver. I did an internet search and Augusta was rated number one as far as the Google search that I did. Everything went well over the course as we've owned it. There was a little bit of uncertainty on how the spot price worked and how the face value of the coins worked. There was some confusion there in the beginning. Since we're new silver buyers, that threw us off there a little bit, but with their help, they sorted everything out and we got some really good contact now. We just called them today and they gave us updates. They did a good job. It's really nice now. The silver is going up, so that's good.

Augusta Precious Metals response
      I'm very pleased that your experience with Augusta Precious Metals was positive. Buying gold and silver can be confusing for some first-time buyers — that is one of the reasons Augusta works hard to provide education about the economy and precious metals. It's a benefit for you to be in control of your account, and we are here to make everything as transparent and smooth as possible for the entire life of your account. Thank you for your business.

Augusta Precious Metals

Original review: Jan. 16, 2021

Laron ** was very helpful answering all of my questions. He was very knowledgeable and I appreciate all of the time he took in making sure I understood the process. I looked at several companies and it was the superior customer service I received that caused me to do business with Augusta Precious Metals.

Augusta Precious Metals response
      Hello, James. Thank you very much for your positive Augusta Precious Metals review. I am pleased that you are happy with our excellent customer service and our assistance in buying gold and silver. We look forward to being your precious metals company. We'll be here for the life of your account to serve as your personal gold and silver source, from providing information to purchasing more metals to distribution.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2021

The seminar leader was knowledge and up to date as of today's new administration proposed policies relative to government spending and the impact such spending will have on the future value of the dollar. Content of the presentation was conducted in layman's terms and all my questions, which were few, were answered to my satisfaction.

Augusta Precious Metals response
      Thank you for weighing in with your opinion of Augusta Precious Metals, Boone. Our mission is to educate and empower Americans to help them diversify retirement savings with silver and gold IRAs and gain greater control in the face of some of the potential economic stressors you learned about. We enjoy helping people gain some peace of mind. Remember, we will be available to assist you with additional information as it develops through the life of your Augusta Precious Metals account.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2021

This was a great Financial overview of our current situation financially in our country. It was straightforward and to the point. I came away with some new knowledge and a greater understanding or possible issues I will be facing in my financial plan.

Augusta Precious Metals response
      Hi, Don. Thanks for spending time with Augusta Precious Metals to learn more about the economy and gold and silver markets. We consider ourselves your ally as you seek to use precious metals to gain more control over your hard-earned savings. In fact, for the entire life of your gold and silver account, we are committed to keeping you updated with developments in the economy and making any gold and silver purchases as smooth and transparent as possible.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2021

The informational webinar is very informative and covers most questions one would have about a Gold IRA / Self Directed IRA. It's short and to the point as well. I would recommend it to friends and family.

Augusta Precious Metals response
      Hello, Ric. Thanks for the vote of confidence in Augusta Precious Metals. Our mission is to help retirement savers gain some control over their retirement savings with purchases of gold and silver -- and peace of mind about their hard-earned money. We appreciate your trust in us and look forward to helping you going forward. In fact, you should know we will be available through the life of your precious metals account to make owning gold and silver easy and transparent.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2021

All the questions I had were answered professionally. The two persons I talked with, Lauran and Clint, provided the information I was soliciting concerning gold and silver as adapted to an IRA. Thank you for your time and knowledge.

Dennis

Augusta Precious Metals response
      Many Americans are looking to precious metals to gain some peace of mind during these difficult times! Dennis, we are pleased to have had the opportunity to share what we know about the economy and about diversifying and balancing your savings with gold and silver. Setting up a silver or gold IRA doesn't have to be complicated — we are committed to making the process easy and transparent for every Augusta customer. Remember, we will be here through the life of your precious metals account to help however we can.

Augusta Precious Metals

Original review: Jan. 12, 2021

I was very impressed with the knowledge and advice I received as I looked for a way to bullet proof my investments with Gold & Silver. Kevin and Jasmine really helped me with my next steps and gave me room to make a quality decision. Tim

Augusta Precious Metals response
      Tim: Thanks so much for the positive review of your Augusta Precious Metals experience. You are in complete control of your account, and we can't technically give you advice! However, as you know, we love being able to provide information about the economy and how to diversify your savings with gold and silver. Our goal is to ensure a smooth transition to either a gold IRA or a gold cash account. We are happy to have you, and look forward to serving as your personal precious metals source through the life of your account.

Augusta Precious Metals

Original review: Jan. 8, 2021

Lauran and Devlyn provided an excellent overview of the current market and a roadmap to where they think precious metal prices are going over the mid to long term. An excellent introduction to the concept and finance lesson. Very professional. Thanks.

Augusta Precious Metals response
      Hello, Achilles. It was our pleasure to provide the economic and precious metals information you needed. Buying gold and silver to help diversify your savings is an important step. Rest assured that we will be here as your personal precious metals resource for the entire life of your account.

Augusta Precious Metals

Original review: Jan. 3, 2021

Working with Augusta Precious Metals was very informative, educational, professional, as we have never considered this type of investment. The staff that we spoke with was very patient and answered all our questions never indicating any kind of frustration as seemingly the same questions were asked in different ways. Our level of skepticism and concern to make a good decision that would benefit our future was very high.

We found Augusta to address each one of these concerns refreshing and even answering that additional research for items that were not readily answerable would be provided on a follow-up conversation. The financial transactions were smooth and fully explained as we made our investment. Again, their patience and expertise were evident. The continued correspondence through and including the documentation of receipt of our investment purchase was very comforting for us. We do look forward to a continued successful investing relationship for the betterment of our future.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2020

Very clear and informative presentation by Devlyn **. He demonstrated very clear knowledge of the current U.S. economic situation and the outlook for the future. This included information on how a gold/silver IRA could could provide a hedge against inflation. He clearly presented Augusta's capabilities regarding gold/silver IRAs.

Augusta Precious Metals response
      We truly appreciate your taking time to do a review of the Augusta Precious Metals presentation from our education department. Your account with Augusta will put the same silver and gold professionals at your fingertips as needed while you are a precious metals owner. Thank you for choosing Augusta as your gold and silver resource!

Augusta Precious Metals

Original review: Dec. 16, 2020

I just got schooled by APM and that’s exactly what I was looking for! I’ve heard and been told so many different things over the years I’d confused myself. Kevin and Clint gave me a clear understanding of precious metals purchased through an IRA, 401k and with cash. You couldn’t ask for a more straightforward presentation and Q&A in a short amount of time. They represent the kind of company I’d like to do business with long term. Thanks!

Original review: Dec. 15, 2020

Lauren & Clint provided an excellent and informative presentation and readily answered all of my questions. Their demeanor is highly professional, and they exceeded my expectations in their service and plan descriptions.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2020

I contacted Augusta Precious Metals for info about a precious metal IRA. I first talked to Kevin, he explained a lot and then set me up with a teleconference with Director **. We were talking for about 1 hour. ** answered all of my Questions and covered things I didn't even think of. I am Very pleased with them and plan on doing business with them. Great Job Guys.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2020

I just went through the process of purchasing precious metals from Augusta. This is the second purchase that I have made. I was new to the purchase procedure the first time but Augusta walked me through the process very thoroughly to my satisfaction. All of my questions were answered in an easy to understand manner. This most recent purchase was much easier to complete. Thanks Augusta.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2020

The virtual conference presentation with Mr. ** was very informative and comprehensive. We have always wanted to invest in precious metals but we never really understood how this protects our portfolio. Although we have more to learn about monetary investments, this presentation certainly gave us better insight and understanding of how investing in precious metals can help diversify our portfolio especially, in the volatile environment that we are experiencing today.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2020

I was a little skeptical in the beginning about reinvesting my retirement funds in precious metals since I was unfamiliar with it. But after I went through 2 Zoom meeting where everything was explained in detail, I felt at ease in giving APM a try. Everyone that I have interacted with at APM and Equity has been super nice, and my emails are always answered very promptly and professionally. My investment has already gone up 14% in under 2 months so I am thrilled with my decision! Hoping to surpass 1 million in retirement savings within the next 5-10 years!

Augusta Precious Metals response
      Michael, thank you for letting us know you have been happy with the Augusta Precious Metals process. Our team is always ready to talk when you have questions about buying gold and silver. As you know now, history shows that physical gold and silver ownership is often helpful in diversifying and balancing retirement savings. Contact us anytime with more questions.

Augusta Precious Metals

Original review: Nov. 6, 2020

I was curious to find out about owning physical gold & silver. As it turns out the process is truly quite simple. The webinar was very informative and I believe this is the team to work with going forward to own gold & silver. They also provided excellent historical information as to why owning physical gold and silver makes sense.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2020

I spent a little over an hour in a Zoom conference talking with various Agusta Precious Metals "department" representatives about converting a portion of my investment (IRAs) portfolio to precious metal. They provided both excellent information on the history, present and potential future of the economy and how precious metals can provide a hedge against inflation. They explained their process of of converting an existing stock market based IRA to precious metals IRA to include all associated setup and maintenance costs. All representative were very professional and knowledgeable, answering all of my questions in real time during the conference.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2020

When inquiring about investing in precious metals everyone I talked with was very patient and answered my questions to my satisfaction or put me in contact with someone who could. I am very comfortable with the professionalism, courteous, friendliness and patience I experienced while doing business with the Augusta Precious Metals agents. To this day I am called with updates on account and inquiring if I have any questions. I'm very happy to be on board with APM. Thank You.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2020

I saw a Augusta Precious Metals ad on Facebook on with Joe Montana and that attracted me to it. I was inquisitive about the Augusta ad and that it's a good thing to diversify to precious metals. One of the things that I wanted to do is to preserve capital by buying precious metals. I've also been reading about precious metals for quite some time now.

I trusted that Augusta was a legitimate business and I spoke to the main economist. Gold and silver were discussed with Augusta. But when I made my purchase, I transferred some IRAs from my 401(k) into Augusta IRA. The gentleman I spoke with asked which one in my opinion was worth purchasing right then. He recommended silver because the price of silver is going up in the world market.

I've been with Augusta for less than six months. I'd like them to call me because I need to reach out to them. I transferred 55,000 from my 401(k) to Augusta and I received an IRA statement. But the value stated is substantially less than what I transferred. I don't know how the calculation came about. I would like for them to explain to me the difference in the amount that I invested and the current value of my investment.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2020

I wanted to get physical gold, not on ETF. Augusta provided me what I wanted at the time. They provided me both gold and silver bullion, and I did it through a self-directed IRA. I've had very good interaction with Augusta's reps. As a matter of fact, I just sold my position three or four months ago when gold hit 2,000. I was somewhat anxious that it would be much more complicated than it was. I was very pleased at the offer that they gave me. I thought they would probably undercut a lot of the spot, but they did not. I was very pleased with all the transactions I've had with Augusta. I like the diversification. I'd recommend Augusta to others.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2020

Update Jan. 22, 2021: Augusta resolved the initial issue with the shipment, and I received my order.

We had a couple of issues with shipments. At one point, something got lost. It took us almost a month to figure out what happened. So at least the tracking of the shipment and getting stuff on time could be improved. But their setup rate was at a good price. They leave a message and they do get back to you within a day or so, if not right away.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2020

They were well rated with the Better Business Bureau and they sounded like they had some good consumer ratings. I ended up buying quite a bit through them. I had worked with Bruce, who since had left the company and has passed away. I worked with him pretty much exclusively on purchases. I was really looking to buy Gold Eagles but Bruce talked me into buying the British Sovereigns and I don't think they've turned out to be a very good investment or purchase. The premiums were very high. It does look like I'm gonna get back out of them what I should, but I would’ve from another purchase.

I'm in contact with Augusta and I'm in the process now of selling some metals back to them. I'm waiting to hear from them. I sent them some gold coins to sell and they said the price I was gonna get was different than what I was guaranteed or at least they said they were gonna give me. They said they would look into it and then get back to me. It's been about three days now.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2020

Augusta has been great. I've had nothing but great experience with them. I called four different places and Augusta was the only one that called me back. We bought some silver. I closed out my 401k and put it all in silver. I've been happier now with it, especially the way the market's going up. I've made a lot of money. I had really good interactions with Ron. Anytime I had a problem, I'd give him a call. He'd take care of it right away. I've made an extra $20,000 to $30,000 sitting in there from where I bought it to now. I also received a couple of coins as I did some stuff with one of their people. I'm very highly pleased with my experience all the way around.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2020

Silver Eagles are what I was interested in at first and Augusta Precious Metals didn't have any at the time. I ended up getting some Canadian coins that were silver and the representative was personable and polite. I'm retired and I took some money out of my 401 to roll it over into that. It was a step-by-step process all over the phone and it was easy. They also had a guy come out here and I did like a commercial for them on camera. It didn't amount to anything though. They got a lot of people that they wanted to have an interview with on camera and they didn't use mine.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2020

From the person that I dealt with a year ago, I learned that Augusta sells coins that they are the only issue of them and they are the only ones that can value them and put some value on them based on their rareness. I found him because I had his phone number privately. Last year, I bought Canadian pieces and I called Augusta Precious Metals for a portfolio review. I'm concerned about the value of my portfolio based on what Gold Star (the house that holds the coins in the IRA form) told me and Augusta never called me back, so that speaks for itself in a way.

I was not happy with the fact that after I bought the pieces, Gold Star told me its worth was 2,000 when I spent 10,000. They explained that that's the melt value as opposed to the value of the rareness of the coin. It has a higher value based on that. Buyer beware. Make sure you know what you're getting into and don't be surprised that you'll hear from other people and the other houses or places that your coin value is less than you paid for it. The only people that are going to buy it back are Augusta because they're the ones that created the coin, issued it and caused for it to be struck.

Augusta Precious Metals Company Information