This company is not yet accredited. See reviews below to learn more or submit your own review.
Augusta Precious Metals works with interested consumers to open gold and silver IRAs. The company partners with depositories across the country to keep purchased gold and silver secure. Augusta Precious Metals has seven-day price protection, a money-back guarantee and free transit insurance. Online chat is available.
Augusta Precious Metals has straightforward offerings on gold and silver IRAs. Online ordering would help boost the overall experience, but other benefits like free transit insurance round out the company’s offerings.
- Free informational resources
- Online chat option
- 7-day price protection
- No online orders
Thank you, you have successfully subscribed to our newsletter! Enjoy reading our tips and recommendations.
About Augusta Precious Metals
Augusta Precious Metals sets up gold and silver IRAs for its customers. The Augusta Precious Metals website has free information and helpful resources, including current news about the market, a guide on investing in gold and silver and a required minimum distribution (RMD) calculator.
Augusta Precious Metals is an authorized dealer under the Professional Coin Grading Service and follows the coin grading standards of the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation. The company is a bit more tech-savvy than some other gold IRA companies and has an online chat option. Joe Montana is an official spokesperson for Augusta Precious Metals, and the company donates a portion of its net proceeds to K9s for Warriors.
Augusta Precious Metals cost
Augusta Precious Metals charges several fees for gold IRAs. The one-time startup fee for gold IRAs is $50. You also pay two annual fees: an $80 maintenance fee and a $100 storage fee that's charged after the precious metals go into the IRA. Shipping and transit insurance is free on qualifying orders. Costs for coins and bullion from Augusta Precious Metals vary depending on the current price of gold and silver.
Augusta Precious Metals gold and silver IRAs
There are three steps to setting up a gold or silver IRA with Augusta Precious Metals.
- Open an IRA account. Augusta Precious Metals partners with one of its preferred custodians — Kingdom Trust, Goldstar Trust and Equity Trust — to open a gold IRA account.
- Fund the account. If you have an existing 401(k) or IRA, you can roll over funds from those accounts.
- Buy gold or silver. You then purchase precious metals to back up the IRA funds. Augusta Precious Metals stores the gold in the Delaware Depository or another secure location in one of several cities around the country.
Augusta Precious Metals coins
The following coins are popular purchases from Augusta Precious Metals. All of these coins are available to back gold and silver IRAs.
Augusta Precious Metals FAQ
- Where will Augusta Precious Metals store my gold?
- Augusta Precious Metals partners with depositories in California, Delaware, Idaho, Massachusetts, Nevada, New York, North Dakota, Ohio, Ontario and Utah to store your gold and other precious metals.
- How much does it cost to open a gold IRA with Augusta Precious Metals?
- It costs $50 to open a gold IRA with Augusta Precious Metals. After that, annual fees add up to $180 a year.
- Can I see my gold and silver in person?
- Yes, you can make an appointment to see your precious metals in person. This is one advantage of choosing a depository near where you live.
- What precious metals can I include in my IRA?
- Augusta Precious Metals has gold and silver coins and bullion available for IRAs.
Do we recommend Augusta Precious Metals?
Augusta Precious Metals may be a good choice if you're just starting out with investing in gold or silver. The company’s offerings are straightforward, and its free online resources help consumers make sense of the investment process. Augusta Precious Metals’ online chat option is also a welcome presence in an industry typically restricted to communication by phone. Customers can’t make orders online, however, which some people may find inconvenient.
Currently there are no customer reviews.
A link has directed you to this review. Its location on this page may change next time you visit.
Augusta Precious Metals Company Information
- Company Name:
- Augusta Precious Metals