Find a Gold IRA Companies partner

Take a Quiz

Get matched with a Gold IRA Authorized Partner

Find my match

About Augusta Precious Metals

Augusta Precious Metals is a gold and silver dealer offering both cash purchases and precious metal IRAs. You can choose from several depositories to store your precious metals, and it has multiple custodian options too. Augusta provides lifetime customer support for your gold and silver investments.

Find Gold IRA Companies partners near you

Pros

• Lifetime customer support
    • Three custodian options
    • Transparent purchase information

Cons

• No online orders
    • $50,000 minimum for orders

Bottom Line

Augusta Precious Metals can help you buy gold and silver for home shipment or to use in an IRA. Its custodian and storage options help it stand out, but its order minimum can make investing difficult.

Top Augusta Precious Metals Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

Verified

Take a Quiz

Get matched with a Gold IRA Authorized Partner

Find my match

Gold and other precious metal IRAs are an investment and carry risk. Consumers should be alert to claims that customers can make a lot of money in these or any investment with little risk. As with any investment, you can lose money and past performance is not a guarantee of future performance results. Consumers should also obtain a clear understanding of the fees associated with any investment before agreeing to invest.

About Augusta Precious Metals

Augusta Precious Metals can help you set up a self-directed IRA and send IRS-approved precious metals to secure depositories, but it also offers cash purchases if you want home delivery.

The company provides educational information for investors on its website, including market news, videos and a required minimum distribution (RMD) calculator. The company also offers a free webinar for potential investors who have saved $100,000 or more.

Augusta also donates a portion of its net proceeds to K9s for Warriors.

Augusta Precious Metals gold and silver IRAs

Setting up a self-directed IRA with Augusta Precious Metals lets you invest in gold, silver and other precious metals in a tax-advantaged way for retirement. There are three steps to opening a gold or silver IRA with Augusta Precious Metals:

1. Open an IRA: Augusta Precious Metals works with three gold IRA custodians, and it can help you set up your self-directed retirement account. Custodian options include Equity Trust, GoldStar Trust Company and Kingdom Trust.
    2. Fund the account: If you have an existing 401(k), IRA or another retirement account, you can roll over funds from those accounts into your new self-directed IRA.
    3. Buy gold or silver: You can then purchase precious metals for your IRA. Augusta sends your gold or silver to the Delaware Depository or another secure location in one of several cities around the country.

Augusta has a $50,000 minimum for orders, so you’ll need at least that much to start investing.

Augusta Precious Metals cost

There are no management fees with a self-directed Augusta IRA, but you’ll pay custodian and storage fees. Augusta says its custodians charge $280 for the first year and $180 each year after that.

The cost of the actual gold and silver you can buy varies based on current gold and silver spot prices and market rates for premium coins. However, Augusta is transparent about its ask-to-bid differential on purchases, fees and transaction statuses.

Augusta Precious Metals FAQ

• North Dakota
    • Ohio
    • Ontario
    • Utah

The company’s preferred depository is located in Delaware, though, and there’s some conflicting information about its depository options on its website.

Other than the purchase prices of the precious metals themselves, you’ll pay custodian and storage fees for the first year of your IRA. Custodian fees for your first year cost $280.
    It depends on the depository. You can try to make an appointment to travel to the depository and see your precious metals in person, but the depository may not let visitors in.
    Augusta Precious Metals offers IRA-eligible coins in gold and silver.
    Augusta’s corporate headquarters is in Casper, Wyoming, but it has a satellite office in Beverly Hills, California.

Do we recommend Augusta Precious Metals?

Augusta Precious Metals is a viable option if you’re interested in opening a gold IRA, and it offers free resources to help you make sense of the process. Experienced gold IRA owners might also appreciate the company’s bulk purchase discounts and lifetime customer service. It’s helpful that Augusta discloses its order minimum, but having to spend at least $50,000 on each order can be difficult for many investors.

Augusta Precious Metals Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Augusta Precious Metals?

Original review: March 18, 2021

My initial contact with Augusta Precious Metals was a pleasure. The discussion was very informative relative to past and current economic trends which is very helpful in making the decision if investing in precious metals is right for you. They were very patient with me and encouraged discussion of any concerns I had. There is absolutely no pressure applied to invest, they make it clear they are there to help you if you wish to invest. I will definitely recommend them to my friends who may be considering investing in precious metals in our current economic environment.

Augusta Precious Metals response

Hello, Morgan. Thank you so much for the positive review of your experience with Augusta Precious Metals' education team. It was our pleasure to help you get the information you needed to determine whether gold and silver are right for you to help you diversify your savings.

Don't forget the members of Augusta's economic and precious metals education team are always available to you through the entire life of your gold and/or silver account. We believe all Americans should have the opportunity to add precious metals to diversify and hedge against all the economic stresses we are facing right now.

Augusta Precious Metals

Original review: Feb. 6, 2021

My wife and I did a video call last Saturday January 30 with Lauren **. He talked about the mission statement for Augusta Precious Metals. He went over the $50 App. fee. Talked about the $80 custodial fee for the year. We talked about the $100 minimum fee for the year. Then we talked about the minimum $50,000 to start investing. We also listened to Mr. ** and went over his qualifications with us. We talked about what could happen to the US Dollar with runaway spending and from the shrinking Dollar. He talked about investing in Gold and Silver to offset our retirement. We finished talking with Lauren and set up a meeting for the next Saturday February 6. Very informative for us just checking into Precious Metals for the first time. Felt good with Joe ** as a Spokesman for Augusta Precious Metals. Looking forward to our next meeting. We never felt like we were being pressured looking forward to our next meeting. Thank you. Steve and Debbie

Augusta Precious Metals response

Steve and Debbie, thank you very much for writing an account of your experience with Augusta Precious Metals. Your positive review will, I hope, help others see that learning about gold and silver IRAs at Augusta is easy and stress-free, even if you are exploring this exciting alternative asset for the first time.

The professionals on all of the Augusta teams are here to help for the life of your account — from your customer success agent, to the education team who conducted your meeting, to our dedicated IRA processing department, order desk, and confirmation department. Don't hesitate to ask questions any time throughout the life of your gold and/or silver IRA account. We are always here to help.

Augusta Precious Metals

Get buying tips about Gold IRA Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2021

Working with Augusta Precious Metals was very informative, educational, professional, as we have never considered this type of investment. The staff that we spoke with was very patient and answered all our questions never indicating any kind of frustration as seemingly the same questions were asked in different ways. Our level of skepticism and concern to make a good decision that would benefit our future was very high.

We found Augusta to address each one of these concerns refreshing and even answering that additional research for items that were not readily answerable would be provided on a follow-up conversation. The financial transactions were smooth and fully explained as we made our investment. Again, their patience and expertise were evident. The continued correspondence through and including the documentation of receipt of our investment purchase was very comforting for us. We do look forward to a continued successful investing relationship for the betterment of our future.

Augusta Precious Metals response
      Hello, Richard. Thank you so much for your positive review of Augusta Precious Metals. The gold and silver professionals on all of our teams -- from agents to processing and confirmation staff -- are dedicated to making your gold and silver buying experience as well-organized and streamlined as possible. Don't forget, we are here to help for the life of your precious metals account.

Augusta Precious Metals

Original review: Nov. 16, 2020

I had basically no familiarity with precious metals when I began looking for a dealer. I wanted to learn more about adding gold and silver to a retirement portfolio. I began with a random web search and soon found the Augusta website. Thank GOD it’s easy to navigate – I’m old, LOL. First thing that jumped out was seeing that quarterback Joe Montana is an Augusta client. Something else that stood out is all the outstanding consumer ratings they’ve earned. I went ahead and filled out the contact form. Long story short: I’m thrilled with Augusta. Special shout-out to Mr. Devlyn **, who hosts Augusta’s free precious metals web conference and is VERY patient, LOL. It was super-informative (and I couldn’t find anything similar when I was checking out other companies).

Augusta Precious Metals response
      Thank you, Robert. At Augusta, as you learned, we are determined to help Americans understand what's happening with the economy and help you add gold and silver to your retirement portfolio. I am pleased that the new website was easy for you to navigate and get the precious metals information you needed. As an Augusta gold and silver buyer, you have access to all of our departments for the life of your personal precious metals account.

Augusta Precious Metals

Original review: Nov. 6, 2020

I was curious to find out about owning physical gold & silver. As it turns out the process is truly quite simple. The webinar was very informative and I believe this is the team to work with going forward to own gold & silver. They also provided excellent historical information as to why owning physical gold and silver makes sense.

Augusta Precious Metals response

Hello, Richard: I realize it has been a while since you left your review. We are just getting used to this response system. As CEO of Augusta Precious Metals, I have been going through all of these awesome reviews, and it makes me feel proud of what our team is doing. I am pleased that your experience with Augusta was positive, and I would like to reiterate that we will be available through the life of your account to answer any questions we can about gold and silver and the economy. Some of the latest developments in politics and the economy can be worrisome, and we know from similar periods in history that gold and silver can potentially help offset some losses.

When the time comes to take a distribution, we will still be here to make it as simple and streamlined as possible. Please don't hesitate to contact us anytime — we are here to help.

Augusta Precious Metals

Original review: Oct. 19, 2021

I love working with Augusta Precious Metals. I have rolled over several retirement accounts thru them and have found them to be professional, courteous and efficient. They are customer oriented and always follow through. I would highly recommend them.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2021

The staff at Augusta Precious Metals is friendly and knowledgeable. The webinar is very informative. Opening an account was easy. They try to be very transparent. An overall excellent experience and I recommend them.

Augusta Precious Metals response
      Thanks so much for the positive review of your experience with our teams, Lois. It was our pleasure to assist you with opening an account and helping you protect your savings. We love what we do, because we get to help people like you every day. Don't forget we are here to help for the entire life of your account...

Isaac Nuriani, CEO

Original review: Oct. 6, 2021

The presentation helped me understand the process of moving traditional IRA assets to physical metal stored in a depository. I now understand the steps required, the timing for everything, and the fees for the most part. The only thing is I still don't really understand how they get paid if they don't charge transaction fees. They said they get paid by the US mint.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2021

I attended a web conference with an Augusta Precious Metals about diversifying my IRA. It was very informative and they readily answered any questions I had. There was no pressure to make an immediate decision. They covered the applicable fees and seem to be a good company to work with if you are interested in precious metals.

Augusta Precious Metals response
      Thank you, James. It's important for Americans to have accurate information to make good decisions, and our team is committed to providing you with facts you might not find elsewhere. Please consider us your personal resource for the entire life of your account!

Isaac Nuriani, CEO

Original review: Aug. 17, 2021

Augusta provided a professional, objective and honest presentation of their services, processes and relationships with the industry and related companies. It was informative, and also provided solid reasons for investing a portion of available funds in a Gold/Precious metals IRA.

Augusta Precious Metals response
      Henry, thank you for taking time to share your thoughts about this. Our customer success agents work hard every day to share this very important information with Americans like you who are looking for ways to diversify their savings. Keep in mind the same team will be available to you throughout your account lifetime. We are here to help.

Isaac Nuriani, CEO

Original review: Aug. 15, 2021

Great company to work with! Very educational in the beginning learning the in’s and out’s of a Gold and Silver IRA. They made it very easy withdrawing money from my 401K and initiating an gold and silver IRA. The representatives were right there to answer any questions I had and were always available for follow up questions. I highly recommend Augusta Precious Metals.

Augusta Precious Metals response
      Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of us, Alain. We are thrilled to be able to help you execute your plan to diversify your retirement savings. As you discovered, the team works hard to make sure the processes streamlined and easy to understand. That same team is available to you anytime — through your account lifetime.

Original review: July 27, 2021

I thought the presentation was educational and not a high pressure sales pitch. The presenter noted the reasons why an investor should select Precious Metals, e.g., inflation, fluctuations/swings in the stock market. The presenter willingly answered my questions at the conclusion of his presentation.

Augusta Precious Metals response
      Hello, Edward — thank you so much for sharing your experience with our company. There is a lot to learn, and we love being America's source of information about the economy and metals. Please know we will be here to provide the same informational service as long as you have an account with us.

Original review: July 27, 2021

I participated in a webinar coordinated by Lauran ** and conducted by Devlyn **. He was able to pass along a lot of great information concerning the current economic climate and the likely price movement expected for the next few years of precious metals due to current policies in the United States. He was able to respond to questions that I had with concise answers that were easy to understand. The webinar was very useful and the gentlemen were not trying to just sell products, but educate clients.

Augusta Precious Metals response
      Hello, Kenneth: We enjoyed spending time with you discussing these important things, and we look forward to serving as a personal source of information for you throughout the entire life of your account with our company. We are here to help.

Isaac Nuriani, CEO

Original review: July 26, 2021

Augusta provides a comprehensive overview of not just the process for purchasing gold and silver, but a detailed one-on-one analysis of why it makes sense for many people to do so. I feel completely educated and comfortable with what to do, and how to do it.

Augusta Precious Metals response
      Douglas, we appreciate your taking the time to let readers know about your experience with our team. I'm glad you feel comfortable, and we look forward to walking you through the process and being here throughout the life of your account as your personal resource.

Isaac Nuriani, CEO

Original review: July 23, 2021

Very informative Zoom meeting explaining the reasons to purchase Gold and Silver and why to use APM. Rated as a top customer focused business. Explaining all the fees and protection to make purchase with APM.

Augusta Precious Metals response
      Thank you for your positive review of our company, John. Transparency is extremely important to us — we were recently recognized by Investopedia for this. Our team enjoyed talking with you about our products and process. Please lean on us if you have more questions.

Isaac Nuriani, CEO

Original review: July 20, 2021

When I was initially contacted by Kevin ** about purchasing precious metals I was very apprehensive about having to listen to a high pressure sales pitch and webinar. Through Kevin's persistence he convinced me to participate in a web conference with precious metal analyst Devlyn **. If you don't know of Mr. ** I can assure you he does a great job in explaining the current economic scenario and has the ability in layman terms to explain the benefit there would be in having a portion of your assets invested in precious metal. The session was not only informative, but educational as well, without the pressure many of us have experienced when someone has tried to sell us various goods and services in the past. Well worth the invested time.

Augusta Precious Metals response
      Thank you so much, Ralph. Our team loves helping customers like you understand metals and how they fit into the economy. We believe any American who wants to know about these important assets deserves to have access to accurate, clear information. Keep in mind we will always be here to help you understand what's going on behind the scenes in the economy.

Original review: July 15, 2021

Was a very good presentation. My wife and I are thinking about it. Problem is our age. I am 79 and maybe a bit old for it. It was interesting and very good. I think having gold may be good for the future.

Augusta Precious Metals response
      Ralph, thank you so much for your favorable assessment of our team. It's true gold and silver are usually considered to long-term endeavors. However, storing value in precious metals is much better than losing it in the volatile markets. If you decide to go with gold and silver, you know where to find us. We are here to help.

Original review: July 15, 2021

It was an interesting and informative process, talking with both Kevin ** and Devlyn ** and hearing Joe **'s video. My wife and I had all our questions answered and they were very patient with us. I am concerned about the US economy and it was helpful and informative to listen to Devlyn's presentation.

Augusta Precious Metals response
      Hello, Daniel: Your concern about the economy is understandable...it's why we have so many people asking us for information. Thank you for taking time to let us know you were happy with our team. We will be here for the entire life of your account, so don't hesitate to get in touch.

Isaac Nuriani, CEO

Original review: July 8, 2021

The Host Kevin ** did a good job of explaining this retirement option. And the presenter Devlyn ** has a wealth of information, and the ability to explain the strategy in lay-man terms with visual slides to enforce the idea.

Augusta Precious Metals response
      Hi, Alan: Thank you very much for your assessment of our team. We look forward to helping you with your precious metals purchases as needed. Keep in mind that the same team will be available to answer any questions you have throughout the life of your account.

Isaac Nuriani, CEO

Original review: June 28, 2021

Augusta Metals walked me through all the steps to purchase gold and silver and supplied me with all the knowledge needed to set up my first purchase. This well informed group of professionals has set forth a program that will make my first purchase simple and exciting!

Augusta Precious Metals response
      So glad to hear it, John! Thank you for letting others know how well the process went for you. That's our goal – to give you access to the information you need and then ensure a smooth and transparent purchase. We were pleased to help, and will always be here to answer your questions.

Original review: June 23, 2021

I was fortunate to partake of an informative conference online. Much was discussed that was very helpful and I may just change my current Silver holder. There was not any sales pressure, I was impressed with the service offered.

Augusta Precious Metals response
      Thank you so much for your vote of confidence, Cynthia. It was our pleasure to talk with you about how the economy works and explain our purchase process. We enjoy providing an informational service and smooth purchase process that helps Americans achieve their retirement goals. Keep in mind we are always here to answer your questions.

Original review: June 23, 2021

This was my first experience with purchasing precious metals. I could not believe how much time on multiple occasions they explained everything involved and were there with follow up throughout the process. I am very happy with my Gold IRA. I feel more confident in my financial choices.

Augusta Precious Metals response
      Lavonne, thank you for taking time to share how your experience with our team went. Above all, our mission is to help people get the information about the economy that they need and then make the purchase process smooth and transparent. Please don't hesitate to reach out as needed.

Original review: June 23, 2021

The discussions were clear and precise. Kevin ** opened the discussion pleasantly. The discussions by Clint ** were precise and he answered my questions pleasantly and efficiently. The closing remarks by my favorite quarterback, Joe ** gave me the feeling that the game was won!

Augusta Precious Metals response
      Hi, Daniel. Thank you so much for your kind remarks. Our goal is to make sure every American retirement saver who wants to understands the economy. Much of the information we shared is not available in other places. The same team is at your disposal through the life of your account to aid in information gathering.

Isaac Nuriani, CEO

Original review: June 9, 2021

I was informed of the reasons to consider gold as part of my investment portfolio. Very informative. I learned some very good reasons to open up a new IRA and get into precious metals to make my money work for me.

Augusta Precious Metals response
      Hi, John. Some of the items included in the presentation are surprising, aren't they? Financial advisors don't want to share some of those facts. We are very happy to be a part of your diversification team--we'll stand by to help with the purchases you choose and answer your questions through the whole life of your account.

Isaac Nuriani, CEO

Original review: June 3, 2021

Very helpful, and easy and fast to answer my questions. Some coins were not in stock but a person at order desk gave me a couple options and got better choices than I was going to buy. Overall a good experience.

Augusta Precious Metals response
      Hi, Duwayne: I'm very happy things worked out even better for you. We've got some great professionals on the order desk who really know their way around the options. In fact, all the members of our different departments are "part of your team." Feel free to consult us about anything precious metals during the entire life of your account.

Original review: May 25, 2021

Well presented, clear and concise answers to my questions. They made the whole process for my IRA transfer very easy and pleasant. Would not hesitate to recommend Augusta. Grateful to be able to deal with a company with experts and integrity.

Augusta Precious Metals response
      Robert, your comments are very satisfying to me as the company's CEO--I wanted to create a company that supports the efforts of American savers in a way that many financial professionals don't, and it sounds like we hit that target with you! Keep in mind we don't just complete the transaction and then go away; we will be here to help with your metals needs for as long as you need us.

Original review: May 25, 2021

My experience with Augusta has been nothing short of complete satisfaction! They are very patient and informative with every necessary step in the process using a friendly personal approach. I highly recommend Augusta Precious Metals because they give you very much confidence with their knowledge and demeanor!

Augusta Precious Metals response
      Glen, thank you so much for your vote of confidence in our team. We love working with Americans like you to bring some peace of mind to saving for the future. Please consider us your personal gold and silver resource--we are here to answer any questions you have, and we'll be here for the entire duration of your account.

Original review: May 14, 2021

This was a very interesting presentation. It was well presented, very informational and easy to understand. There was no pressure to buy. It is very appropriate in tune for current economic conditions. I highly recommend to anyone who may be thinking of purchasing gold and or silver.

Augusta Precious Metals response
      Thank you so much for your recommendation, David. As you know, it's important for American savers to know some things about what's going on behind the scenes in the economy--and it gives us great satisfaction to share what we know and get you started with diversification. You can count on us to be your source of information for as long as your account exists. We are here to help.

Original review: May 14, 2021

Was one of the most professional and helpful that I have ever had in my days of managing my financial assets since my husband passed away. I felt completely at ease and in good hands for my first time in the process of purchasing precious metals with APM's guidance. Thank you, APM very much!

Augusta Precious Metals response
      Hello, Jeri. It was our pleasure to assist you with buying metals to help you diversify your assets. We believe every American deserves to know about and be able to easily access these alternative assets. Over the lifetime of your account, we will always be here to help as needed.

Isaac Nuriani, CEO

Original review: May 7, 2021

I had an initial online meeting with two advisors that was very informative. One provided financial information, the other information about the company and enrollment process. Both spoke very well, clearly and it was easy to understand. They answered my questions. There was no pressure and I was very comfortable with the meeting, contents and Augusta representative. I'm strongly considering utilizing Augusta Precious Metals services. At this point everything was executed very well and professionally,

Augusta Precious Metals response
      Hi, Rich: It was our pleasure to assist you with this part of the process. As you now know, educating Americans about the economy clearly and professionally is an important part of our mission. That means we will always be here to help you get the information you need. We are here to help!

Isaac Nuriani, CEO

Quick and easy. Get matched with a Gold IRA partner.

Augusta Precious Metals Company Information