2. Finance
  3. Financial Advisors

TD Ameritrade

TD Ameritrade
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.61/5

Get advice from finance professionals.

Find a financial advisor near you on SmartAsset

Get Started

Get advice from finance professionals.

Find a financial advisor near you on SmartAsset

Get Started

TD Ameritrade Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TD Ameritrade?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about TD Bank and TD Banknorth?

Original review: Dec. 1, 2020

TD Ameritrade has made my investing go smooth and very easy to understand. When I first opened my account I was very new to investing but with their mobile app and online tools together with live support I actually feel like a pro and I have seen my investments go up 100% thanks to counseling and advice on which ones I should make at the right times!! 100 stars if I could.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2020

TD Ameritrade is the second app I tried for investing. The first one arbitrarily deducted money from my account. But with TD Ameritrade, things are easy to use, no hidden fees, it feels sophisticated and I don't feel taken advantage of. I went with TD Ameritrade because I have a TD bank account which made me trust the app even more.

Get buying tips about Financial Advisors delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2020

I had investments being held in many different financial firms which was very difficult to manage. TD Ameritrade helped me receive a tremendous amount of assistance in gathering all the various investments. This was not an easy task as each brokerage had so many different requirements. It took almost a year to gather them all to consolidate.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2020

Picking an online broker all depends on your focus, investing or trading, as well as access to technical indicators and 'probability' numbers. For options as well as stocks, Thinkorswim, part of TD Ameritrade, has by far the best platform. They also provide written confirmations and live people to talk to, something other firms exclude. However, if you have a 'portfolio margin account', this firm will treat you very badly, as they will indiscriminately liquidate positions without your knowledge or approval, prior to realizing they were wrong.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2020

I really don't like to talk about my assets or how my broker helps me only that he help me invest in modest investments to make slow and steady increases. I don't see or talk to him often as I let him do what he think is best for me. I have faith in him.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2020

Lies, I just made a sale of Lenovo shares and got charged $6.95 Commission fees. Then a Day Later I get charged a Additional $15.00 Fee!!! The only reason I am with TD Ameritrade is Because they Bought out Scottrade!! Do not open a Stock Market account with TD Ameritrade. You will be Sorry if you Do!!!

Original review: Dec. 4, 2020

Some personal service is available, but mostly the customer has to find his own answer and the TD Ameritrade website is quite excellent. If you can navigate a website you will be able to find out all the information that you may need.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2020

I stopped using them months ago - not helpful or friendly to customers. Had several problems, none of which they were willing to do anything about. That included a safe deposit box and other things. Do not use them is my recommendation.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2020

Always easy to contact, polite and no hidden fees, they wish you a happy birthday, help is great. Documents are very easy to understand and access. Great experience. Their website is one of the best laid out and easy to navigate. I have ever used and I very highly recommend this company.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2020

I love the fact that they don't charge for any transactions online. Have been using this service for the last 20 + years. I am very satisfied. I have Recommended TD Ameritrade to most of my relatives and they are very satisfied too.

TD Bank and TD Banknorth author review by Clark Kendall

TD Ameritrade, founded in 1975 as First Securities Omaha, is a full-service brokerage firm. It is still headquartered in Omaha, Neb. and now holds $774 billion in investor assets. It offers many types of investment and financial products for all levels of investors. Clients can work with agents in local branches or only trade stocks online.

• Platform: TD Ameritrade offers multiple platforms, one that is more basic and another that includes more advanced tools for experienced traders. Those interested in trade speed or best-execution rates can find the site’s statistics online.

• Tools and calculators: Visitors to the TD Ameritrade website can use several tools and calculators to help them figure out how much to save and the best investing methods for their financial situation. Some of these tools are free for all consumers, not only TD Ameritrade customers.

• Education: TD Ameritrade customers have access to educational materials to improve their stock market knowledge. The company has a daily and a quarterly publication that includes news stories, investor insights and research.

• Research resources: The TD Ameritrade site has resources for traders to use for researching investments. In addition to historical stock profiles, clients can access technical analysis reports and use Social Signals, which pulls data from Twitter to help investors spot trends.

• Asset Protection: TD Ameritrade provides clients with Asset Protection. The company will return any money or assets lost if fraudulent activity occurs on a client’s account. See the company’s website for terms and conditions.

by Clark Kendall Personal Finance Expert

Clark Kendall has over 30 years of domestic and international investment and wealth management experience, focused on serving Middle-Class Millionaires. He is a Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), Accredited Estate Planner (AEP) and Certified Financial Planner (CFP). He is the president and CEO of Kendall Capital in Washington, D.C., and a member of the Washington Society of Chartered Financial Analysts.

TD Ameritrade Company Information