3.9/5 (333 ratings)

About Visionworks

Visionworks Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Visionworks?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Visionworks?

Original review: Jan. 15, 2022

I recently purchased my eyeglasses at Visionworks, and I cannot say enough about the customer service and assistance I received! I was assisted by J-Lo, who was very helpful to me in making my purchase.. I will definitely be a future customer at Visionworks!

Original review: Dec. 30, 2021

Erin, the person who helped me choose frames and lenses, was efficient and knowledgeable. I have yet to receive my glasses, but so far, so good. I liked her explanation of the quality of the lenses she suggested.

Get buying tips about Glasses Online delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2021

I recently returned a pair of prescription eyeglasses to the Albany, NY, Northway Mall, new VisionWorks location. Luckily, I was helped by the manager Beth who went above and beyond to assist me with replacing my frames with a much nicer, better fit and looking one. She not only was friendly but was helping all the customers and solving issues all at once. She is a true asset to this company. This kind of service makes me tell all my friends and will definitely return. Good Job Visionworks.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2021

Dr Derek ** was very professional yet made me feel comfortable as he explained all procedures and results. I only waited 5 minutes and was done within 30 minutes. The rest of the staff were efficient and knowledgeable. Josh was extremely helpful with my order and payment.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2022

Wow, this was really really bad. The eye doctor was nice enough, but they sent my contacts to the wrong address, then you can't contact them through their phone number. When finally speaking to someone they shipped them over, but the rebate I was suppose to get apparently is not valid. I called again - got angry trying to get a person on the phone (because you can't) and then told the girl answering how angry I was with the phone system, she said I was 'swearing' at her (I wasn't) and hung up on me. I filed a credit card claim.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2022

Ordered glasses. Store ordered them. 2 weeks later I Had to call them to find out they didn't have that particular frame anymore only to discover they had ordered the wrong color. Wait. Another 2 weeks later, wrong lenses. Lied to at store saying they were the correct lenses. Got them checked somewhere else, they weren't correct. Called customer service. Got a regional Manager involved. Nice young lady calls from a city with the same name city but 3000 miles way... A week later another regional manager gets involved. "Going to get this taken care of immediately!" 6 weeks later the regional manager calls, "They don't make those frames anymore." Ok, I am canceling the order. I want my money back and VSP charges reversed! 9 weeks now. Nothing. Still no refund. Charges to VSP reversed? Nope. Never again.

Original review: July 19, 2022

Visionworks have bad management. I paid them for lenses glasses. It was their mistake they won’t be able to give me the appointment because they didn’t have the Dr. or some time appointment. Well when I complained the manager be like, "I can’t help you." Since we had eye test already she said she can’t help me, so I paid again for the same glass. I hope they don’t rip me off this time. I been Real loyal to them, bought lots of glasses but it seems like they don't care if even it’s their mistake. Very sad experience.

Original review: July 16, 2022

Had bought glasses in 2021. The coating on the lenses had began to come off. Went to Visionworks in Weatherford Texas. Three different employees on 3 different occasion that I did no have insurance and that it was my fault for the coating coming off. In less than 2 years, the product was faulty. They said I had to buy new glasses and VSP would not cover it.

Original review: June 7, 2022

Glasses were purchased through Visionworks because of my cataract surgery and the benefit. The store clerk when I was buying them seemed not to know what to do and kept asking another coworker. I feel I was given the wrong information on what I truly was responsible. I've been given the run around by billing office since Jan 2022. Billing office has closed 4 tickets, says they emailed me twice. NEVER received an email. Won't honor the Medicare Eob and what I understood from the store clerk what I owed on. I agree I owe the $120.00 from how the store clerk told me. Found out I over paid $200.00 when I received the EOB. I was told by Ramon I'd be getting additional refund. Months later never received.

Billing office says it's my job to refile, which it's not. If they don't honor my understanding of what I owe per the Eob, they need to refile with the correct information. HELLO, I don't have that information!! So how do I refile?? They need to refile and train their staff on not to give wrong information. They DO NOT HONOR WHAT THEY SAY!! (Store clerk when getting glasses and billing person, Ramon.)

Original review: May 7, 2022

Went to Visionworks located at 4153 LaVista Rd Tucker, GA on 5/7/2022, and the customer service was horrible. The General Manager (**) and employee (**) were rude and unprofessional. The wait for a copy of my prescription was 30 minutes and only two (2) customers were in the store. I previously spent $1000 on glasses approximately six (6) months ago and the staff were pleasant and professional. Unfortunately, the staff present during my visit were much to be desired. Attitudes were so bad that I elected to obtain the copy of my prescription and not spend another $1000 with Visionworks. Good luck and shop at Visionworks at "Your Own Risk." Anthony

Visionworks author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

As an industry leader in eye care services and eye wear products, Visionworks has more than 650 stores in 41 different states, including the District of Columbia.

• Frame finder: The Frame Finder lets shoppers try out different frames on their own face, through the Internet. Consumers can upload a picture and start trying on frames.

• Complete kids line: Get kids glasses that are durable and designed to stand up to the activity of sports.

• Contact lenses: Buy contact lenses that correct for single vision, bifocal or astigmatism.

• Safety gear: Never wear a pair of goggles over glasses while in a work setting again with prescription safety gear.

• Stock up on accessories: Never leave the store without a cleaning kit, case and any other favorite accessories for glasses.

Visionworks Company Information