Visionworks

Compare Eyeglasses Online

Research top Eyeglasses Online recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I am in the middle of the worst experience with Vision Works in Shrewsbury, NJ. I stopped in about a month ago to order glasses (I had a prescription from my eye doctor already) and this used car salesman type of guy sits with me after I picked out frames. Wow, expensive, but what the heck, I needed glasses. After a few weeks, no call and I notice the store is closed and has big blowers inside for what I assumed was a mold issue. Note of the door to call the Neptune office. I do so and was told my glasses are there. A few days later, I go there - no glasses. Oh, they have all been transported back to Shrewsbury, go there. So I go there, still closed. I finally find out that yes, they do have a mold issue and my glasses will be ready in a few days. The manager kept apologizing and I said, "Just Fix It!" Worst customer service ever. I never got one call from anyone on any of this. I had to do all the calling and all of the legwork. Not good!

I used insurance money to purchase contact lenses. I was given a trial pair to wear. I couldn't wear them. Went back to the store to tell them and they already had a year's worth of contact lenses for me. So my insurance paid for lenses for one year and I couldn't wear them. My glasses I couldn't see correctly out of because of the lens. The new pair I haven't received and I was told they were in the store, but the person who fits the glasses wasn't working that day. They have not called me back. So, I have no glasses for which I paid in full.

Where are my glasses? What happened to the unused contact lenses they ordered for me? Where did my insurance money go? I was lied to and I feel like I was at a carnival with people deliberately taking the insurance money without giving me a product in return. That's what happened. This is not a legitimate business in any way. The only employee who may be legitimate is the doctor as he seemed befuddled and unaware of what was really going on. The health department needs to look into shutting them down for incompetence and fraudulent business practices. This isn't a real eye care business at all. The employees are deceptive and deliberately incompetent.

I am getting older and have been having trouble reading small print and the computer monitor. Unfortunately I spend most of my day at work in front of the computer and have to read manuals. Over two years ago I visited the following Visionworks store to get a prescription for eyeglasses: Mount Vernon Plaza

7702 Richmond Hwy, Ste H Alexandria, VA 22306 (703) 717-0737.

The Optometrist on site that performed the examination was Ms. **. I explained to her that I only needed a prescription to help me read as it was getting more and more difficult to strain my eyes in order to see small print and the computer screen. During the examination I refused "chemical dilation", "eye pressure" examinations. The first prescription she gave me was wrong, it was too strong for distance. I did not know this until after I had already paid for the glasses, so I went back and got a second prescription for a milder setting. She recommended that I keep the first prescription and fill the second prescription for glasses I would only use at work. I accepted her recommendation but decided I would be better off going to Walmart to fill the prescription.

Recently I lost the glasses I got from Walmart and went back to Walmart to replace. When I got there they told me that the prescription was expired and had to be "extended" so they called Visionworks on my behalf and Visionworks refused to extend my prescription. So I called Visionworks and the person at the other end of the line told me that the optometrist was exercising her discretion and refused to extend my prescription. I told them that I was happy with the prescription and really needed to replace the lost glasses as I needed them for work. They informed me that they would not renew my prescription and that it was "state law" that the prescription expired.

So I visited the Opticians Association of Virginia and read through the Patient's Bill of Rights, which clearly states: "The prescription should not contain an expiration date unless it is one for contact lenses or there is a medical reason for the Doctor to see you again at a specific time." My prescription is for reading and not contact lenses. I have no known medical reason for the Optometrist to see me again. All I want is to have my lost glasses replaced so I can perform my job. I took a copy of the above patient bill of rights to the store and spoke to the manager. They still refused to remove the expiration from my prescription and allow me replace my lost glasses.

This just is not fair to me and seem a bit fraudulous. The Optometrist is not qualified to diagnose medical conditions without proper testing, especially since I refused dilation and pressure testing. Furthermore this seems more like lies to get people to go back and pay for unneeded examinations. I do not need another examination. I am happy with the strength of the prescription I have and am only looking to replace my lost glasses.

Visionworks has wasted a lot of my time today: - over an hour and three phone calls while I was at Walmart - having to do research on the legality of the expiration on my prescription - visiting their store to talk and explain my case to a sales representative and the store manager. I would like Visionworks to remove the expiration on my prescription and contact me with a new UNLIMITED prescription.

If there is a medical condition as to why this cannot happen I would like a detail diagnoses of the medical condition and intend to challenge it by visiting an ophthalmologist to correct the medical condition. Furthermore, I would like a letter of apology from Visionworks on wasting my time and making it difficult for me to obtain replacement glasses in order to do my job.

I went to Visionworks in Gaithersburg, MD and was told to use their 40% discount because their offer was better than my insurance. After contacting my insurance carrier, my coverage was one of the best with minimum out of pocket expenses. Unfortunately Visionworks is more concerned about making a profit/commission than ensuring the customer gets the best rate. This experience has taught me to look at the reviews on companies before doing business. I will not patronize them again.

I came in on the last day of the Customer Appreciation 50% off sale. I have no vision insurance and inform them of this from the get-go. I did not make an appointment, so I ended up waiting about 45 minutes or so for my exam. The exam takes all of 5 minutes. I then spend about 10 minutes browsing for frames. Wait about 30 more minutes to be called to actually order my glasses. When I sit down, the associate looks at my information and says "So you have a pretty bad astigmatism, huh. I have one too and fluorescent lights really bother me." He then proceeds to take my pupil measurements and everything else. He checks in the back and says they don't have my lenses in stock and will have to order them, okay no problem. He then pulls out a calculator and begins adding up my total. Before the 50 % discount, he gives me a total of $458. 95. With the discount my total is $243.97.

My frames were $34.97 and the eye exam was $29, so I ask him "what makes the lenses so expensive?" He then replies, "We don't use cheapies, we use a very high quality lens that will last and hold up a lot better than the cheap lenses other places use". He asks if the price is okay and I tell him "Well I suppose it will have to be, I need glasses."

So, begrudgingly, I hand over my card and pay. After 2 whole hours we go eat some dinner and I study my receipt. I notice a line on the receipt that says "CLRSHLD UV COMPLT" which obviously looks like lens upgrade. So I call and the put my sales associate on the line. I ask what this charge is for and he tells me "That is your anti-glare lens from your astigmatism. We talked about it and I thought you said yes but if you really don't want them you can come back and we'll get you a refund".

I come back in and ask for a manager because I'm confident I've been bamboozled. I explain how he never once asked me if I wanted anti-glare and didn't offer up that it was an additional charge when I questioned the price. She tells me I can get a refund. I am then passed to another sales associate to do the refund. Luckily, he was very nice and told me that not only did I get charged for anti-glare, he also gave me HD lenses. "For single vision glasses, these are top of the line lenses." I am now owed $125. These sales associates make a 2% commission which does not seem like much, but in my transaction was almost $5. No one seems at all concerned with the employees behavior, so I wonder how often this happens and the customer just assumes that they were charged correctly.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Visionworks?

I went to our local Visionwork's #366 store in Asheville, NC on 08/09/2017 for a pair of glasses. I placed my order with them and I was told that it would take a week before I could get them back. I did receive them one week later and went to the store to pick them up. I was NEVER FITTED by anyone inside of this store for my new glasses. Since then, I have had problems with them as far as the anti-reflective coating that was to be added to these glasses at a cost of $100.00 extra. I told the person that I placed the order with that I use the computer a lot and also do a lot of driving - day and night. I was assured by him that the anti-reflective coating would help a lot in this matter. So, just how does one know that they got what they paid for??? The prescription from the doctor or the place where I had the work done at??? Not at all happy with what I did receive. Please advise.

Misleading – There are a lot of chain eyeglass wear and prescriptions out there. I would definitely shop around prior to Visionworks. If you have vision insurance I would also check with your health insurance company to guide you. Overall selection is acceptable and quality is ok but unacceptable value for the price.

I just bought new glasses in July 2017. So since then, I have had to drive 1 hour drive as of now 4 times. This has been the worse experience in my life to get glasses. I have the transitions but not enough coverage, as they told me they would. My eyes are very sensitive to sunlight. I've had surgery on one eye for lazy eye and cannot see in that eye. My surgeon told me I have to have more protection to save good eye. I can't afford to buy sunglasses with my script. I hope and Pray someone can help me!

I bought two for one frames from the McHenry Il store Feb 2017. In May I had to return them for a temple defect. They did replace after much hassle because I was out of town for the summer Now in August the same problem with us pair. Now I am without my glasses another 10 days while I mail them in and they fix. I'm really sick of going through this inconvenience again for frames that were well over 300$. It also took three trips back to store to get original frames adjusted correctly. I will NEVER recommend Vision Works or use them again.

December 30, 2016 ordered and bought a pair of lenses for my wife who is on my insurance and asked them to check with the insurance company for eligibility and coverage which took about 20 min. and they approved us and we paid our copay of $34.95 out of total $369.95. Now, after almost 5 months, we have received an invoice for a balance of $117.00 stating as non-covered charges. I've contacted the store at 231 S Fry Rd. Katy, TX, 77450 (281-492-6400) around 7:30 pm on Thursday May 25 and spoke with a lady and she referred me by coming to store tomorrow and I need to talk to a manager.

I've called the day after around 9:30 am and asked for the manager and the person told he is the manager and asked what he can do for me. I've started by saying my name and he start by giving me a hard time by saying "You have a hard accent" and asked me to spell my name and I said J A V A D, and said "I still don't understand." And I said "J like John, A apple, V Victor, A apple, D David."

After he realized what I am after, he said "It is between you and your insurance company" which is nonsense because at the beginning we asked for the coverage at the time of purchase, and other than that, the amount that is not paid by the insurance is exactly from that part "CLEAR SHIELD ULTRAVIOLET COMPLETE" that they push us to buy and it was not really necessary for a reading glass lens. If they don't cancel their claim and not sending an apologize letter, I will do my best by hiring a lawyer to acquire all my rights on their cost.

I paid over $350.00 for two pairs of glasses that I cannot use unless I clean them 3-5 times a day. I have had many glasses over the years but never did I ever have to clean them every time I put them on since I only need them for reading.

I have been going to Visionworks for the last 3-4 years. The office located at 30715 US 19 N, Palm Harbor, FL. Every time I went in I complained about the redness, itching, tearing, etc. The Dr. there insisted it was dry eyes and get some over the counter tears. I tried them all. Some helped but not much. I, also, asked about my cataracts. She said they were fine. Last year, 2016, my frames broke. I went in and they said they could not fix them but sold me a new frame. Around May 1, 2017, the frames broke. I took them back to Visionworks. They said they could not fix them but would sell me a new frame. I said, "Forget it. You did it to me once not the second time and I would not be back."

With that I went to another optometrist. This Dr. took one look at my tearing red eyes and examined my eyes. Then sent me to an ophthalmologist for cataracts and infection. The new Dr. said it was not an infection, it was allergy. He told me what to get and it worked. It worked almost immediately. He then set me up for cataract surgery. I just thought you should know about the quality of the care your customers are getting from your employees.

I was excited about the 2 for 1 offer. I went to Visionworks at the Quarry in San Antonio. Upfront I want to say that the employees at this location were all very nice and accommodating. After my experience there I felt sorry for them working for such a lousy business. I had to go back about 4 times because my order was continually wrong. Finally I accepted my glasses (sunglasses and graduated eyeglasses) even though I was unhappy. I was simply sick of dealing with Visionworks. I knew they would never get it right. I am unable to read with either pair of glasses. I tested them by reading something with my Costco glasses (which were perfect) and then with the Visionworks glasses. The difference was huge. I wasted my time and money. I wish I had read reviews before I went. DO NOT GO TO VISIONWORKS!

I was told my order will be ready within 10 days. After waiting a while and not hearing from them, I called the Barton Creek Mall store, I was kept on hold for a long time, they were telling me that they couldn't find my order, asking me if I am sure I got them from that location, until eventually they told me that my glasses won't be ready for another 10 days. No one apologized or asked how to make it right, they just left it at that. I think they simply forgot to put in the order and just put it in when I called in two weeks later.

Bought 2 pairs of Eye Glasses, unable to see clearly out of Both pair lenses. Taken back to store location. They claim they remade. Lenses Still can't see out of them for smudge lens. Worker claim I must purchase lens cleaning solution to keep lens clear. Bought 6/17/16 @ Parkchester 1445 Metropolitan Ave Bronx. N.Y. 10462 Not Resolve. Awaiting your assistance to return to store. Please HELP.

First, I got my granddaughter glasses for correcting her lazy eye. Her insurance would not pay until June, so I paid. I got what she wanted, transitions and scratch proof which I paid extra for costing about 179.00. My granddaughter is 6. I was never told the scratch proof were only for 30 days, and if I wanted them replaced, it would cost me 50.00. NEVER did Walmart Vision treat me like this or USA Opticals. So my granddaughter has to look through scratched lenses.

My glasses they overcharged me 170.00, because when I got home I called my insurance company, told them what they charged and for what. My insurance company said I was covered by them, and that I was overcharged. I called and they knew what I was going to say before I said it and said they will credit my account. I never saw credit or got any receipt showing credit. I will never go back again. I got my grandson's glasses there as well. You lost 3 customers over dishonesty and greed!

I recently tried to get glasses from Zenni and got screwed. Went to Visionworks. Had my glasses the next day. After spending $80 and waiting six weeks to get the wrong order, and being told that they wouldn't correct the problem, I went to Visionworks and had glasses the next day for less money.

I arrived early, was told the exam would begin in 5 minutes; it began in 40 minutes. Staff had to be asked repeatedly what was going on because they gave vague, irrelevant answers. What should have been a 30 minute appointment was an hour and 15 minutes. It was in a mall that took a while to drive to. Almost walked out. I will use the prescription to get eyewear elsewhere.

I went to a Visionworks in Marlton, New Jersey, off of Route 73 last week. I figured with my health insurance they were the easiest to go to for a quick annual exam. I am so very lucky I saw the Dr. I saw, Allan **. As he was examining me he stopped short from completing the exam and explained that he was concerned about the portion of the exam that requires him to dilate my pupils because he saw that the opening behind my eyes was very narrow. That could potentially be a sign of glaucoma and if he dilated my eyes without having that checked it could be a potential problem for me. So he suggested that I go to see a specialist who could do the more extensive glaucoma exam required to confirm or dispel this possibility.

I immediately made an appointment with a specialist and by goodness he was right. I DO HAVE GLAUCOMA!!! If he had dilated my pupils it could have been a disaster that could have been awful for me, including the possibility that I could have gone blind from it. I don't typically write reviews, much less good ones, but everyone who has ever thought that a place like Visionworks provides a pretend or less qualified exam I want to assure you that had it not been for this professional, who obviously knew what he was doing, as in many cases in the storefront chains, I would not be writing this review at this time.

Kudos go out to this Dr. who saved me from a sure disaster. I am now scheduled for surgery to open the narrowing in my eye and to see if that relieves the glaucoma or if I need additional treatment. Thank God I went to this Dr. Next time you are not sure if a Visionworks Dr. can do a proper exam remember this review. Dr. Allan ** YOU ARE MY HERO.

Twice now I have gone to Visionworks when the buy 1 get one free sale is on only to BE TURNED AWAY!!! Visionworks is the only eye care store that doesn't have walk-in appointments. I went in on a FRIDAY (3/31/17) to literally buy glasses. They couldn't give me an appointment until MONDAY. When I told her the sale would be over, it was NO BIG DEAL to her.

A week after my exam I went to Visionworks and picked up my new glasses which cost over 700 dollars. I was asked to put them on and explained that I could not see and was told to take them home it would take time for me to get use to them. I tried and still could not see and scheduled another appt. with the doctor. When I sit on the chair the first thing she says to me is "I don't know why you are here," "I don't know why I am dealing with this" and "I told you that you need to give it time to get use to them." I told her "first of all I am not a child and don't talk to me like one and second I know what works and doesn't work for me and I can't see with the glasses."

In the end she recommended that I change one of my glasses to just reading glasses and keep the progressive to keep trying. Well I got the reading glasses and still can't see. So now have paid over 700 dollar for reading glasses that I could have gotten for $2 dollars and still can't see. Now I have to go back which is over the 30 days and at this point I will probably not get my money back. I will also have to deal with the rude doctor. I paid a lot of money for a bad experience with an unprofessional doctor and glasses that I can't use. I should have read the review before I went to Visionworks!

We called Visionworks on 3/15/17 to inquire about glasses for my son. I explained that the eye exam was done at another location (Wills Eye of Philadelphia), so he proceeded to say "you will need to stop in so we can run the insurance." On 3/17/17 my son finished school early, off to Visionworks 2250 S Christopher Columbus Blvd 19148 we go. We were greeted at the door hello and no name given (heavy set ** male). Since he said the person I asked for by name wasn't there, had to start all over with information. So we started again! He takes our script and insurance info and stated we may have to make some changes (I have no clue what that meant but left a real bad taste in my mouth).

Seconds later he comes back and states the following, "your insurance will cover 2 pair of glasses" (so we're thinking great, wrong!). He said start looking around at the frames (we do that) after a few minutes he returns to us and states "anything over $69.95 comes out of your pocket". Someone from corporate needs to clean house with those crappy frames! OK finally my son picks 2 pair (I am thinking 40.00 and tax is fine. Much nicer frames). My son hands the frames to the salesman and he states nice choices (ok here it comes!). Before we even do anything, while standing there he states "based on my experience he (meaning my son) will need anti-glare lenses." I asked "is it covered and a necessity?" No it's not! And at a cost 125.00 per glasses.

Keep in mind we now are at 290.00 prior to tax. Then he states other costs, I said the all costs should have been discussed prior to picking frames. (so we can make better choices, but I guess that were the pitcher comes from) Then he states "why not just do one pair today, and get the other pair in less than 6 months." I said NO and left the store! Now the end, so we go to another place (Pearle vision). At least this time greeted and name given. She says "have a seat while I run your insurance". She comes back and says "we can not help you." Why I ask? You have a sale pending at another vision retailer. I said "that's not possible!" The guy at Visionworks was so sure he made the sale, he had put a hold on my insurance. 2 HRS later back and forth with insurance company, my son's glasses were ordered with 0 dollars out of my pocket! So I ask is that how your store employees operate your business?

Went to Visionworks right after my insurance changed. I heard bad things about them, BUT gave them the benefit of the doubt. Well I wish I didn't!! First they overcharged me by $40.00. Then went to pick up my glasses, got home, saw the frame was cut crooked, and couldn't see close up. They said the measurements were wrong, redid them again, went back to get them. STILL can't see!! Decided to have another eye exam by them so I could see once and for all. Went today to pick up again. The RX is worse!! AND the lens is cut crooked once again!!! NEVER AGAIN!!! I will NEVER recommend them to ANYONE!! I will call again tomorrow to let them know I will be back for the 5th time and they BETTER NOT charge me for anything!!! All I wanted was new glasses. This is going on for OVER a month and still not corrected!!! It's sad when I see better without the glasses on!!

In November of 2016, I went to Visionworks to get an eye exam, so I could get new contacts. Had the exam in early November and I was told that it could take up to two weeks due to a, "custom order". I was called in December and went in to try on the trial pair. The company sent the wrong prescription on my right eye, so it had to be re-ordered. I was told by the 12th of December I would receive the contact. I called several times and was told, "They are in transit". Finally, I received a call that the contact had arrived. I went in and was simply handed the contact. I was not asked to try them on?? In addition, I had asked the manager to also order my old prescription, just in case those contacts were no good. I was told that they should arrive by the 19th of December.

I returned home on the 27th and again had to call them to find out about the other pair of contacts. I was told they had not been ordered and I needed to come in for another eye exam! I physically went into Visionworks to speak with a manager. The receptionist asked me to put the trials on the doctor had ordered and I explained to her that I had. I informed them via the phone that the trials were no good. I could not see out of them. The eye doctor came out into the waiting room, looked at my chart, and proceeded to berate and blame the staff for their incompetence. He kept raising his voice and waving his hands, saying, "I did not prescribe these contacts, it's not my fault, you all need to fix it". There were 3 workers present, myself, and another patient. I approached the hostile doctor and explained that he in fact "had ordered me those contacts and I could not see out of them".

He became very angry and stated, "Why have you not come in to see me, so I could examine the contacts?" I explained to him all of the above and he became even more hostile. Asking the workers "why no had made me an appointment to have the trials examined". No one had answer. He stormed off into the exam room. I calmly asked the, "manager" to just order the contacts I currently have and there would be no issues. I brought the boxes with me. The manager states to another coworker that she does not want to go in and speak with the doctor because, "He has already yelled at me today". The coworker and the manager go back and forth about who's going to speak with him.

Finally, I say, "Do you want me to speak to him??" And the receptionist bursts out laughing and the other customer waiting for her eye exam says, "I am very uncomfortable about seeing this eye doctor now, he has been very unprofessional." I stated that, "her experience may be different". The coworker, not the manager speaks with the doctor and he agrees that they can order my current contacts. The manager writes down my prescription from the boxes and I was told it could take up to two weeks for a custom order. I was fine with that and I was also reassured that I would in fact receive a call and would not have to keep calling in.

The date I was given was the 12th of January. On the 14th, still no call, so I called in and spoke with the, "manager". She said the contacts had not arrived. I stated to her that she told me 2 weeks and it was past that date. Her response, "I don't know what to tell you". At this point, I had enough and asked for their "corporate number." She had to ask another worker for the number (I can hear the coworker speaking). She gives her the number and she repeats it to me. I then asked, "What are the hours of operation?" Again, the manager asks my question and the worker responds, "They are not open today, it's a holiday". The, "manager", relays this to me and I said, "That is not what I asked you". Very rudely, she tells me the hours and I thank her and she hangs up on me

I call corporate and explained everything that had happened to me up to this point. He put me on hold for 10 mins and came back asking me my D.O.B (something I already offered him during our conversation). I was told, "It'll be a few more mins and to please wait". Another 10 mins pass and he comes back and says, "I will have someone call you back in 1-2 business days with their decision". I said, "Decision for what?" He replied, "Whether or not your contacts can be ordered". He then said, "It's your word against theirs and they're saying something different". I said, "I went there in November and it's now January and I still have no contacts, not even a trial pair". He repeated the same thing. I stated to him, "Now I have to wait 2 more days and still have no contacts". That is when he informed me that the contacts that the doctor agreed to order, never got ordered!!

I stated, "So the manager has been lying to me this whole time! Can you clearly not see who is telling the truth. You can't make this stuff up". Again, he repeated himself about the two business days. I never received a phone call from ANYONE! My husband went into the Smyrna location and asked for a refund. That took 3 weeks to get back. My husband also found out that the girl claiming to be the, "manager", wasn't even the manager. When you look at the receipt, you can see the refund was for ACUVUE OASYS w/ astigmatism. These were the contacts I fought with the doctor to get and then I get a refund for a product that was never received or even ordered!

I have never been bounced around by a business in that way before. The customer service I received was appalling. The eye doctor was belligerent and exceptionally rude. I would not recommend anyone to seek services from the Visionworks located in, Smyrna, TN.

I bought my new glasses in August 2016 at Visionworks #325 (Dr Margaret **) Port Richey, FL. From the beginning I complained my eye glasses were not good. They told me to get used to the new glasses. They also did not fit, they keep sliding down my nose. I have been in and out of that place so many times, without any satisfaction. I could not read with my second pair either unless I shoved one side higher than the other. They are as new in the box as the day I got them. After the warranty ran out, they said the specialist would have to do a new exam and that would be my cost. I dug out my 8-year-old pair and I can read with them and I use my 2 dollar ones from the Dollar Store to read (I have my receipt of $ 312.47 of 08/15/2016.)

I set up an appointment to get a contact lens fitting and a written prescription. I was given a trial pair of contacts for astigmatism and told the doctor that I always got Freshlook contacts in the past and probably would go back to those. The blonde haired lady that rang me up afterwards was completely rude and unprofessional trying to strong arm me into pre-ordering contacts through them at an inflated rate, even though I said I just wanted the prescription and there was a website my insurance company suggested ordering contacts through. I was then told that the exam was only covered if I was buying contacts through them so now I'd have to pay an extra $30. My insurance covered the fitting and I was only supposed to have a $25 co-pay. It turned into me paying $55 because I wouldn't buy contacts through them.

She then said if I wanted to change the contact lenses at all then I'd have to come back and schedule another appointment and that I'd have to pay out of pocket. I tried ordering contacts online through the website my insurance company recommended and they denied the verification of the order. They purposely wrote the prescription so I could only buy exactly the specific brand they had given me the trial pair of even though I told them I've always worn Freshlooks in the past. I've worn contacts for many years and have never had a problem with a place given me a written prescription so that I could buy contacts online. This place is very unprofessional so BEWARE of the Visionworks in the Burnsville Mall in Minnesota.

Do yourself a favor don't go there. The service sucks. It's been 12 days I'm still waiting for my glasses. Called yesterday I was told they are finishing them up. That's a lie. They send the glasses out to be make. $648 for 1 pair of glasses. Then I find out a few days later this company is in the top 3 worst places to get glasses. I looked up to see if the glasses are made on site. Instead I get 344 reasons not to buy glasses at vision care.

Vision Works Clifton Park Customer Service is Terrible. They kept me waiting for 20-25 minutes when I went to pick my glasses. Even though there are many opticians in the store, the ones who were serving were only two. Out of the two, one was talking with a customer about all the restaurants in town, describing each of the menu items she has tried, describing her grandmother etc, etc. The other optician was filling in paperwork in the computer. Why would this be more important than attending to a customer who is waiting? Her name I believe was Ally. Don't know the name of the one talking about food.

I work for a big company and I will send out a mass mailing to ones in my office describing this store and asking them to seriously consider another place. The only positive thing is that the Doctor ** who does the eye exam is very good. The manager of the store needs to replace his opticians with customer oriented ones. Will call him next week. The optician spent less than 2 minutes with me and was rude (with a smile!!).

I've been going to Empire Vision for years due to our eye care plan at work. Empire was purchased by Davis (I believe) and now goes by Visionworks. I've always had very favorable experience when dealing with the Optometrist, who has been there for years, so my complaint isn't about him or the quality of service, which has always been excellent. My complaint is with their pricing policy. I keep the most recent pair of glasses as a back up, and the older pair, no more than 2 years old, I donate to them for the Lions Club. This year I wanted to purchase sunglasses in addition to the ones I get free with my vision care plan. They still carry the old frame, which I happen to like, and I asked to use them for my new sunglasses, to save money. The young lady priced it out for me, and I was told without hesitation that it would cost me more to use my current frame than it would if I purchased a new frame, which I think it is absolutely ridiculous.

I will never return to this store. Pay insurance for the frame of my glasses for a year, when I suffered that damage, I want to charge an additional, which in general terms it is cheaper to buy a new frame in another store, so the insurance is Practically pay for nothing. I do not recommend you go there.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

As an industry leader in eye care services and eye wear products, Visionworks has more than 650 stores in 41 different states, including the District of Columbia.

• Frame finder: The Frame Finder lets shoppers try out different frames on their own face, through the Internet. Consumers can upload a picture and start trying on frames.
  • Complete kids line: Get kids glasses that are durable and designed to stand up to the activity of sports.
  • Contact lenses: Buy contact lenses that correct for single vision, bifocal or astigmatism.
  • Safety gear: Never wear a pair of goggles over glasses while in a work setting again with prescription safety gear.
  • Stock up on accessories: Never leave the store without a cleaning kit, case and any other favorite accessories for glasses.
  • Best for Kids, Professionals and Contacts wearers.

Compare Eyeglasses Online