2.3/5 (765 ratings)

About Visionworks

Visionworks Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Visionworks?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Visionworks?

Original review: Jan. 15, 2022

I recently purchased my eyeglasses at Visionworks, and I cannot say enough about the customer service and assistance I received! I was assisted by J-Lo, who was very helpful to me in making my purchase.. I will definitely be a future customer at Visionworks!

Original review: Dec. 8, 2021

I recently returned a pair of prescription eyeglasses to the Albany, NY, Northway Mall, new VisionWorks location. Luckily, I was helped by the manager Beth who went above and beyond to assist me with replacing my frames with a much nicer, better fit and looking one. She not only was friendly but was helping all the customers and solving issues all at once. She is a true asset to this company. This kind of service makes me tell all my friends and will definitely return. Good Job Visionworks.

Get buying tips about Glasses Online delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2021

Dr Derek ** was very professional yet made me feel comfortable as he explained all procedures and results. I only waited 5 minutes and was done within 30 minutes. The rest of the staff were efficient and knowledgeable. Josh was extremely helpful with my order and payment.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2021

I love my glasses. They are a little wide framed but I think that could have been the eye doctors fault. I love the dark frame and the lens are so clear and make it so I don't have to squint when I'm driving.

Original review: July 29, 2021

Staff is friendly and acknowledges you when you come in, even if you have to wait a little. Nice that it's a one stop shop where you can get an eye exam by doctor and pick out glasses. They have a good selection of glasses at different price ranges,

Original review: May 7, 2022

Went to Visionworks located at 4153 LaVista Rd Tucker, GA on 5/7/2022, and the customer service was horrible. The General Manager (**) and employee (**) were rude and unprofessional. The wait for a copy of my prescription was 30 minutes and only two (2) customers were in the store. I previously spent $1000 on glasses approximately six (6) months ago and the staff were pleasant and professional. Unfortunately, the staff present during my visit were much to be desired. Attitudes were so bad that I elected to obtain the copy of my prescription and not spend another $1000 with Visionworks. Good luck and shop at Visionworks at "Your Own Risk." Anthony

Original review: April 8, 2022

I ordered for my glasses on Jan 26, 2022 and cancelled my order right away. The Visionworks employee on Fry and 99 said that their corporate office "Managed Care Services of Visionworks would have to send a reversal to my insurance company which could take up to 3 weeks." I waited and waited and waited and called them after 3 weeks and every time I called they gave me the same answer "It has been initiated". I even took the matter with BBB and they responded with the same message. However, it has been two and a half months and I have not received my refund back in my Insurance-Avesis account.

I have been managing with really bad lenses at work and it is giving me headaches. I have been in America since I migrated here in 1996 and have never ever seen a company that has been so irresponsible even after repeated follow ups. I have not received any call from any supervisor in spite of repeated requests for the same. Please don't go to this shop on 99 and Fry Road, Katy. If you cancel your order, forget your money. Latha **.

Original review: March 21, 2022

Updated on 03/29/2022: I have filed a formal insurance fraud complaint with New York State, but am not hopeful that I will get any help from them. Stay away from Visionworks.

Original review: I purchased pair of glasses at Visionworks. After a month and four visits to try to have them adjusted properly, I finally gave up and returned the glasses. I was told they would send my insurance company the $200 that was covered toward the purchase. It's been 48 days, and several calls to both the insurance company, the local Visionworks store, and Visionworks corporate. Nothing!!!! Because Visionworks has not retracted the money to the insurance company, I cannot go elsewhere to purchase another pair of glasses. I am 76 years old, and have a Medicare Advantage insurance plan. In my opinion, Visionworks is guilty of medicare fraud. I would like to file a fraud claim against them, but am not sure how to do it. These people are incompetent at best, and possibly unethical and fraudulent as well. Stay away from Visionworks.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2022

I went to to Visionworks Fair Oaks Mall location for the 1st time for my eye exam and new glasses. The 1st time I got my glasses and had trouble reading from my computer screen which I never experienced this issue with my old glasses. The staff advised me to go for Progressive Lenses (for which I ended up paying $50.00 more). I got my progressive lenses and still the same issue that I could not read from my computer screen. Went back to the store and they said that the lenses angle are required to be adjusted.. Got my glasses back from them for the 3rd time and still the same issue.

Went to the doctor again and she said I am not "Progressive Lenses Adaptive". Went again for the standard vision for the 4th time and got my vision corrected but now the new frames are messed up as it seems that someone put something heavy on the frames while re-working them. Went back to the store and they could not do much about it. It was a complete waste of time and money! Please don't go to this outlet!

Original review: Feb. 16, 2022

Most disappointing experience today at the Vancouver Mall Visionworks... Vancouver, WA... We have to drive an hour and a half one way to our appointment... I have received multiple emails and text reminders about our appointments starting at 11:30 AM, 11:45 AM, 12:00, and 12:15 today February 15, 2022... When we arrive at 11:30 for our first appointment they say we don't have an appointment and that it was not their problem that we had received all of the emails and texts about the appointments which even stated their site... Rude customer service along with no offers to help us when we had taken time off work and school as well as the 3 hour drive roundtrip...

Visionworks author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

As an industry leader in eye care services and eye wear products, Visionworks has more than 650 stores in 41 different states, including the District of Columbia.

• Frame finder: The Frame Finder lets shoppers try out different frames on their own face, through the Internet. Consumers can upload a picture and start trying on frames.

• Complete kids line: Get kids glasses that are durable and designed to stand up to the activity of sports.

• Contact lenses: Buy contact lenses that correct for single vision, bifocal or astigmatism.

• Safety gear: Never wear a pair of goggles over glasses while in a work setting again with prescription safety gear.

• Stock up on accessories: Never leave the store without a cleaning kit, case and any other favorite accessories for glasses.

Visionworks Company Information