Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.43/5

Visionworks Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Visionworks?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Visionworks?

Original review: Nov. 18, 2020

Visionworks helped me when I needed eyecare, new prescription, ordered glasses and contacts, texted me when ready. clean safe covid experience, polite efficient staff. Doctor helpful with my eye condition needs, great personality, would recommend. Office has new technology. Optos testing is great. Highly recommend 2020.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2020

We purchased glasses about 6 months ago but the sunglasses never fit quite right, I had returned to have them adjusted but the girl still didn't adjust them correctly and they were super loose. Today we went in again to have my sunglasses adjusted; however, when Wendy B looked at me, she said that my regular glasses were sitting crooked on my face so she said she's adjust them first. She did a great job adjusting them and then she had me try on my sunglasses. Right away, she said, these sunglasses are so loose they wouldn't fit anyone.

She went and worked on them and returned to let us know they were cooling down. She also adjusted my husband's glasses. She noticed they were too tight on the sides and she loosened them a bit. Then she returned with my sunglasses and they fit perfectly. She told me not to leave them in the car for the next few weeks and I told her that I never leave them in the car so that's not a problem. She did an excellent job adjusting all of our glasses for us. I think she's a 5-star employee!!!

Get buying tips about Glasses Online delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 16, 2020

First appointment post-quarantine. Safety measures were taken. Kathy, the manager, was amazing. Took excellent care of my husband and I all while handling the phone and walk-ins. Very good experience. Would definitely go back again.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2021

I have been a long time customer of the Rochester, MN store so went again for an exam & new glasses. The exam seemed fine. I was told I would have my glasses back in 2 weeks. I checked the status progress from the email I received but it was never updated - always said "Pending". On the due date, I called to make an appointment to get them but was told the glasses were not there. I asked the employee to call the company to get the status on them. She said she would & call me back. I was told this several times but I only got 1 return call after I got very upset & the glasses were finally at the store.

I wore the glasses for 1 day before going back & getting a refund. I wear lined trifocals. Everything was still blurry looking in the distance. When I looked thru the center section, objects were leaning at a 20 degree angle & one side of the computer screen was closer than the other side. I had to take my glasses off to use the stairs as each step appeared 2 feet farther down than it really was. Driving my pickup made me feel like I was driving a semi. I used my own frames so only purchased 2 lenses, which were $424.00. I expected quality lenses for that amount of money! I got a refund & will never go to Visionworks again. These were the worst glasses I have ever had in my life.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2020

I went to Visionworks for my annual eye exam every year for at least 3 years, maybe more. I bought contacts, glasses and prescribed sunglasses! I had my annual eye exam made a year ago in 2019 for 12/10/2020. I had an email and text message verification. When I arrived early for my appointment the young lady told me she did not have an appointment for me, and I was not in her system! She went back working with a customer that was there before me. I have medical issues and I am not able to stand for very long, so I went outside to sit, since there was nowhere to sit inside.

When another worker went inside I went to the door again, and finally the young lady came and let me in. The other worker, who she stated later she was the manager, stated that I did not have an appointment and I was not in their system. I showed both workers my text message and email. The manager told me there was nothing she could do. The manager give me a phone number to call, I called it and spoke with a girl who told me she would relay the message but I am not in her system. I also sent an email. NO ONE HAS CONTACTED ME!!!! I was treated rude, and disrespectful and I will do nothing but tell people this story and advise to never go to this establishment. Also, no doctor will see you! The people that are not doctors will give you the exam!!!! What a bunch of bull!

Original review: Dec. 23, 2020

I visit Visionworks Bloomingdale, IL for just eye checkup. They 1st tell only $15 copay As I know from Insurance that's copay. I choose frame then I decide not purchase @ that time. They charge me $28. I tell that the other lady tell $15 copay but she charge $28. Worst experience ever. They are liars.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2020

I have never had worse customer service in my life. I tried for over an hour calling various Visionworks numbers to try and get ahold of someone to find out about my order and no one ever answered. I even went to their live chat to try and reach someone there and a robot said they would answer me back within 48 hours.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2020

I will never go here again and you shouldn't either. After waiting a month and half for an appointment we get there. We're there for more than 20 minutes before a staff member even acknowledges our presence. They were not complying with covid measures. During that time the one employee was rude and disrespectful to the other employee. The doctor was very nice. Two weeks later we come back for our scheduled appointment to pick up the glasses. We get there and they have no idea where our glasses are. The one staff member asks if the other staff member had finished unpacking the stock and she dismissively answers that she doesn't know. 20 minutes of searching and they can't find them, they think I'm ridiculous for expecting them to have canceled my appointment and notified me.

They had no idea when my glasses will come. They were rude and disrespectful and never even apologized for my inconvenience. Any phone call to the location goes unanswered, the nationwide phone number goes unanswered, the chat feature is a bot not a person. Visionworks does not care about the customer and will happily steal your money and be rude to you as they kick you out the door.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2020

Ordered a pair of glasses online and they never arrived. UPS marked the package as delivered however my cameras never picked up a delivery. Now UPS is investigating but Visionworks says they will not replace them if they say it's delivered. I paid for glasses I never received and Visionworks doesn't take responsibility. Worst shopping experience I have ever had. Shop at your own risk.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2020

Been to VW Snellville numerous times to have prescription adjusted only to revert back to original or previous prescription and messed that up also. I too encountered very unprofessional staff to the point I complained and did get an apology. That said, it should have been obvious this person was just rude and should have not been put in a customer service position. Management tried to work with me which I did appreciate, but they just couldn't get the prescription right. Right after receiving my last prescription, got into an auto accident which was my 1st in more than 30 years. I relayed that info and still have yet to hear back from anyone. Going forward, will pay more for the superior service and being able to see.

Visionworks author review by ConsumerAffairs

As an industry leader in eye care services and eye wear products, Visionworks has more than 650 stores in 41 different states, including the District of Columbia.

• Frame finder: The Frame Finder lets shoppers try out different frames on their own face, through the Internet. Consumers can upload a picture and start trying on frames.

• Complete kids line: Get kids glasses that are durable and designed to stand up to the activity of sports.

• Contact lenses: Buy contact lenses that correct for single vision, bifocal or astigmatism.

• Safety gear: Never wear a pair of goggles over glasses while in a work setting again with prescription safety gear.

• Stock up on accessories: Never leave the store without a cleaning kit, case and any other favorite accessories for glasses.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team