Discover the right online glasses retailer now

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

2.67/5

430 Visionworks Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 17, 2019

We've become patients and customers of this location for many reasons. The doctor and staff are nothing but friendly, welcoming and very professional. Dr. ** comes off a bit dry at first but the guy is awesome. His exams are meticulous and nothing but thorough. If you need to get glasses, all the reps are attentive and professional, but Mike ** is my favorite to deal with. He's funny, straightforward and has a good personality. Besides, you cant beat the prices and ongoing specials on eyewear. We have had nothing but good experiences at this location and would encourage anyone to visit or make an appointment. Marisol

Original review: July 27, 2019

This was my first experience with Visionworks and it will not be my last. I received my 2 pairs of glasses on time. After going home and using my glasses I was not happy. I returned to Visionworks and was assured that changes would be made that I would be happy with. They stand by their guarantee that I would be completely satisfied with my eyewear purchase. Lilia was so helpful and it was evident that my concerns and happiness were very important to her. Sam was very professional and answered my many questions. I will recommend them highly and return for all my eyecare needs.

Get expert buying tips about Glasses Online delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 11, 2019

Went to Visionworks in Boston on State street for first time last year. Everyone was so nice. The doctor knew I got migraines so put sunglasses on my prescription. Because I should be wearing bifocals but have vertigo so I can't. I got to pick out 2 beautiful pairs one for reading the other for distance. I was able to get transitional lenses for my sunglass pair. I have had no problems with them and will be back in a year for another 2 pairs which my insurance covers totally. Thank you for a great experience.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

I was in desperate need of glasses as my son broke my only pair. I was also a little low on cash and had not used my Vision benefits so I was under the impression I would pay hundreds out of pocket (even with insurance). I was DEAD WRONG. Visionworks (Tempe Marketplace) location really ROCKS. The girls were so helpful and friendly, especially Judie **. She was so polite and made me feel comfortable about choosing glasses that fit my needs and budget. I walked out paying less than $35 for the entire visit and not to mention, my designer Bebe glasses will be ready in 2 days. Thanks for everything Visionworks, you really made my day. P.S. I referred one of my co-workers to you so she will be coming in for her set of eyes. :)

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

I purchased a pair of glasses and was not happy with them. Didn’t like look or fit or lenses that were in them. I returned to Saratoga Springs location in NY and the sales rep was very helpful and understanding of my situation. She helped me pick a new frame that fit my face and looked great. Also corrected the type of lenses I wanted originally. This employee went above and beyond to make sure I was a satisfied customer. I believe her first name was Mary Beth. Thanks again for great customer service and helping correct the issue.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Visionworks?

Original review: Aug. 14, 2019

I purchased a pair of the best progressive lenses from Visionworks. I liked the lightweight of the lenses and frames. My glasses developed a smokey coating on the lenses that I could not clean, plus the lenses were not fitted to the frames (parts of the lenses were not in the glasses frames.) I found myself cleaning these lenses 5-10 times a day.

The manager of the store ordered evaluated the smoky haze on the lenses. He ordered me another set. These lenses had the same problem, only they required even more cleaning. The folks at the Visionworks were polite and helpful, but their very best lenses are horrible. I went to American Best and got an eye exam and two pairs of glasses for $69. While the glasses were heavier, they only required occasional cleaning (1-2 times per day). I cannot complain about the people at the Visionworks store I went to. I bought the very best lenses they sell and was not pleased with them at all. Their materials are inferior. I will not go back to make any purchases because of the very poor lenses. PS: I can also see better with the 2/$69 glasses.

Original review: July 30, 2019

Visionworks has a great employee in Mo **, Lab Supervisor in their Sterling, VA store. Excellent rapport with this customer with a small problem - went out of his way to help. Thanks - he deserves to go places, but right now kudos for a job well done.

Original review: June 25, 2019

I went to Vision Works for their 2 for $59 sale. I have glasses from the store in Maryland that are great and wanted the same lenses as the ones I had. Layne worked with the store in Maryland and found the exact match for my new glasses, I have bought many pairs of glasses from Vision Works and never had a problem and when there is a problem they correct it no questions asked. Ms. ** was very understanding of the product I wanted and made sure I was totally satisfied with my purchase.

Original review: June 17, 2019

I had my eyes checked by their doctor and that went really well but after picking out two pair of frames BOGO the sales representative prices the lenses at 460 dollars. That’s even before the add on, non-glare and scratch resistant. The highest cost was 600. After calling another store in my area I was given a price between 280 up to 600 before add on. I feel she was trying to rip me off. I’ll order online from another company before ever going to Visionworks.

Original review: June 10, 2019

Ms. ** was very professional and helpful. She aided in finding the right glasses, fitted them on my face and just gave me the attention and concern I needed to make my purchase... She wasn't just trying to make a sale, she had my best interest at heart and that meant everything to me..

Visionworks expert review by ConsumerAffairs

As an industry leader in eye care services and eye wear products, Visionworks has more than 650 stores in 41 different states, including the District of Columbia.

• Frame finder: The Frame Finder lets shoppers try out different frames on their own face, through the Internet. Consumers can upload a picture and start trying on frames.

• Complete kids line: Get kids glasses that are durable and designed to stand up to the activity of sports.

• Contact lenses: Buy contact lenses that correct for single vision, bifocal or astigmatism.

• Safety gear: Never wear a pair of goggles over glasses while in a work setting again with prescription safety gear.

• Stock up on accessories: Never leave the store without a cleaning kit, case and any other favorite accessories for glasses.

• Best for: Kids, Professionals and Contacts wearers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs