3.7/5 (284 ratings)

About Visionworks

Visionworks Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Visionworks?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Visionworks?

Original review: Oct. 8, 2021

Dr Derek ** was very professional yet made me feel comfortable as he explained all procedures and results. I only waited 5 minutes and was done within 30 minutes. The rest of the staff were efficient and knowledgeable. Josh was extremely helpful with my order and payment.

Original review: July 29, 2021

Staff is friendly and acknowledges you when you come in, even if you have to wait a little. Nice that it's a one stop shop where you can get an eye exam by doctor and pick out glasses. They have a good selection of glasses at different price ranges,

Get buying tips about Glasses Online delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 23, 2021

The customer service varies from one worker to another. But the deals on glasses and the optometrist make it a great deal. Dr ** is terrific and will spend as much time as needed to make sure you are satisfied. This store is located at 2635 N Elston Ave, Chicago, IL 60647

Original review: March 9, 2021

I highly recommend this place as they have a good selection, good prices, and courteous professionals people. My husband and I have bought several pairs of glasses here and have been back for adjustments etc. However, they need more staff... It is always very busy and you feel rushed because I believe the staff feels rushed to get you done so that they can more on to the next customer who is waiting. If they hired more people it would make this great place even better!

Original review: Feb. 26, 2021

When I needed new contacts I did a lot of research and I found that Visionworks had the best reviews. I ordered some contacts through them and within 2 weeks I received my contact lenses and I could not be happier. I have told my friends and family about these lenses and recommended Visionworks to them.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2021

Corporate business practices are horrible. Cancelled my appointment because I didn't "confirm" 48 hours in advance. Problem is that I was not notified by text or email by the "confirming" system. Then they could only fit me in if someone else didn't show up.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2021

I scheduled an appointment online. It accepted the appointment. They kept sending me texts saying they look forward to meeting me at my appointment. I had today off. Went in there at 11:00 am my scheduled appointment and they said that my appointment did not come through and that they couldn't see me today. I took the day off to have this done and now I can't. Something is wrong with your system. I filled out my paperwork online. They didn't get that but it said that it accepted it.. Again it kept sending me texts reminding me of my appointment today. I was very excited to get started on getting my new glasses. Now I can't. Very disappointing...

Original review: Oct. 1, 2021

I went to order glasses and told the lady I had a coupon at home and she informed me they would honor it no problem. I went to pick up my glasses and give them my coupon for a 2nd pair (2 for $99) and was informed that I had to give the coupon to them at the time of the order. I rechecked my coupon and all it said was "For additional savings provide coupon" nothing was on the coupon that said I had to provide the coupon at the time of ordering. All this company had to do is just let me pick out another pair of glasses as it was, I walked out leaving the glasses, since they wanted to do crooked dealings then I felt they could eat the cost of the glasses I had ordered. I will never do business with this company again and am also turning in a report with the BBB on this company as they are making up rules as they go along.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2021

I went to Visionworks location #323 today and had a great experience. I hadn't been to the eye doctor in quite a while. They were very through with my vision test and my eye exam. I will be going back in the future.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2021

Worst customer service both in store and customer-care call center. I called Nassau Park Square location everyday for a week and was sent to the customer care center with hold times in excess of 35 mins or more only to be told they will send an email to store. I needed my rx. Never received multiple requests. I finally reach the Nassau Park Square location and was told there is no manager and Eric who answered told me my questions were "Above his pay grade." Unacceptable and rude and very unprofessional!!!! Eric will see just how above his paygrade his actual job is once I am thru with my reviews on both the store, and the company on every social media platform and reviews page. I see by the previous posts I am not the only one who has experienced the mess of a company!

Visionworks author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

As an industry leader in eye care services and eye wear products, Visionworks has more than 650 stores in 41 different states, including the District of Columbia.

• Frame finder: The Frame Finder lets shoppers try out different frames on their own face, through the Internet. Consumers can upload a picture and start trying on frames.

• Complete kids line: Get kids glasses that are durable and designed to stand up to the activity of sports.

• Contact lenses: Buy contact lenses that correct for single vision, bifocal or astigmatism.

• Safety gear: Never wear a pair of goggles over glasses while in a work setting again with prescription safety gear.

• Stock up on accessories: Never leave the store without a cleaning kit, case and any other favorite accessories for glasses.

Visionworks Company Information