3.9/5 (701 ratings)

About Visionworks

Visionworks Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Visionworks?

Original review: Jan. 24, 2023

I actually had left America's Best. They were horrible, so I left and pulled into Visionworks. Within moments I had an incredible eye test X-rays and all with that 40% off of my purchase of my glasses. I think they are are great because they smile. They like their customers. I'm telling you I've been to eye outlet America's Best and visionworks took care of me properly. Made me feel comfortable and help me find a pair of glasses that will last me a lifetime. Thank you visionworks. I enjoyed myself today and that's how it should be. You should never be bullied anywhere. They're just kind and that's the kind of people I want to have deal with. Even if it cost a little extra it's worth it. God bless and I hope you take my advice go to visionworks.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2023

Great personnel assistance and friendly, I don't have much to say, I'm humbled with the assistance offered, great customer service and good communication, happy client and assistance.... Can't wait to have my glasses.

Get buying tips about Glasses Online delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2022

Victoria helped me select my glasses. She was friendly and knowledgeable. Everyone was friendly. I ordered some great glasses and can't wait to wear them! Thank you Visionworks for making this a great experience.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2022

I had purchased eye glasses a few years ago at Visionworks, I needed a repair, stopped at Ridgedale and Isaiah was very helpful, repaired and called me ASAP. Excellent service! It just happened I had been at a large store with optical service a few weeks back so asked if they knew if this issue could be repaired and they said no, not fixable, I was very pleased to learn differently! Thank you again Isaiah! Betty

Original review: Jan. 19, 2023

Red flag with all of the phone calls asking for refunds, I should have walked out at that moment. The eye exam was super quick, just to get it over with, the doctor didn’t even check each eye individually, told me I was blind as a bat and the test didn’t last a whole minute, compared to my previous prescriptions and numbers were very different, as if my vision was perfect, wasn’t happy so paid out of pocket and went to Lenscrafters, what a difference. The doctor took her time and explained everything and yes, the numbers at Visionworks were wayyyy off, I'm glad I was able to cancel the order with them. They gave me a refund right away, so I have no complaints about that.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2023

Disappointed. Ordered two pair on Dec.22. Both shipped to the Dallas area lab not Schertz. Order hung there til store called to follow up. The lab stalled because they lost the frames I provided. Today, Jan 16, store called again lab sent one found frame to Schert lab. They are still looking for the other pair. Initially I was told they would be done by Jan 9th. Tomorrow I will have to call corporate headquarters to see if they can help us.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2023

First they totally ruined up my appointment. They were to call me to fix an appointment which they never did. Then I had to call them to schedule one. When I reached there after 4 hours of drive time they said they didn't know what tests needed to be done despite going over them with me on phone and going over all my details from previous visit of last year. They some tests one day and then called me again the next day and made me wait and do the balance tests. Again there was no coordination between the two visits and the doctors. No one seem to know what's going on. One doctor said everything was under control and the second said my eye was bad. Really? And also they didn't tell me what my co pay would be before the tests. Only after they indicated and they kept saying that based on medicare there would be no copay and I repeatedly told them I don't have medicare but have given them my medical insurance details.

The General Manager, Joe ** was a joke, he knew only limited things and he just kept repeating them without even bothering to listen to me or waiting for me to finish what I was asking. I asked him if he could let me know who his superior is whom I can call to check and find out about, my records and he refused and gave me a corporate line number. After all he would be reporting to a specif office and person but he refused. I am a customer/client and I have a right to approach the others but they stonewalled me. The icing on the cake was they refused to provide me my medical records saying that they have a new system so cannot access complete records but only some. The only some which they gave me were ineligible (printer ink/toner was all faded). Can you imagine that.

Vision works cannot afford printer and I requested I could bring flash drive and they can give them to me and they said they cannot. Asked me to call corporate line. Corporate do not have a customer complaint email but had to call them. When I called them they directed me back to the store and said they cannot do more. Is this what the medical/vision facilities have come to. Why should I go anywhere but the store where I got tested and where I paid my bills and don't they have an obligation to towards me and it should be they who should be calling and following up with corporate office. Are they there just to test and collect insurance money. The store is in Springhurst Towne Centre in Louisville, Kentucky.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2022

On 12/5/2022, I received a text message notification from Visionworks letting me know the date of my last eye exam was over a year ago and to please schedule an appointment by clicking a link in the text. I did so, and made an appointment for 12/12/2022 at their Summit Fair location. I received emails and text messages thanking me for making the appointment and plenty of appointment reminders. Even today, the day of my appointment, I received an email and 2 texts reminders. I take time off my job and go to my appointment. I was told that online appointments are teleview appointments. I was also told that they tried to call me on the 12/10/2022 (a Saturday) to reschedule my appointment for an in person appointment. I asked, how can a person have an eye exam over the phone? She just repeated herself that they tried to contact me. Alluding that this nonsense is all my fault.

I told her that I wasn't aware they had tried to contact me. But.... that I have received emails and texts everyday since the 10th saying they were looking forward to seeing me at this appointment. I was told that Visionworks was not allowed to cancel that text feature until they contacted the customer. So, why hasn't someone tried to call again? or text? or email me? To reschedule to an appointment that actually makes sense. I asked her if she realized that this process is not Customer Friendly. I explained that I had taken leave from my job, driven there, just to find out that I did not have an appointment (in person) but it wasn't canceled either.

I told her that it doesn't even make sense to have a teleview appointment. This was extremely inconvenient and negligent toward the Customer. To go ahead and cancel the appointment I didn't have because I was done with Visionworks. This was far too unprofessional. I get to my car and sit there a minute or two to calm down and to try and make sense of the lunacy I had just experienced. Teleview appointment? When I see that I had received another text from Visionworks saying my last appointment was last year and to make an appointment by clicking a link.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2022

Visionworks did a good job with exam and initial order on 1/24/2022. Went back for sunglasses. I ordered them for distance only. The lab sent them to the store and they were READERS!! This happened twice. Third time they were correct. Now for the real kicker and final straw. On 10/11/22 my original glasses frame broke. Went to store and the associate tried to repair by putting my lenses in new frames. Did not work. She sent them to the lab. I was told 2 weeks. It is now 12/12/22 and still NO GLASSES!! Tried to get refund, they refused because my insurance paid. I am out of glasses and vision benefits due to this company's gross INCOMPETENCE!!! DO NOT USE VISIONWORKS!!

Original review: Nov. 25, 2022

I went to Visionworks on November 2nd. After my exam I picked out a pair of glasses. The store called me 11 days later to say the glasses had arrived. I said I would be there Thursday and asked their hours. I was told '10 to 7.' I arrived at the store at 5:10PM AND THE STORE WAS CLOSED. It is a mall store, so after I waited 10 minutes (thinking they were short staffed and out to lunch) I asked the woman at the store next to them (Wetzl's Pretzls) and she said, "Oh, they're gone. They close early all the time." So I called the 800 number and eventually spoke with a live person who put me on hold while she attempted to contact someone from the store so I could get my glasses.

The call was 39 minutes long including the hold times; the person told me she was unable to contact anyone at the store and I told her that I would not be back in the area for a week (my work takes me out -of-state a lot) and did not want to drive 40 miles each way to get my glasses and I would like them mailed to me. She ASSURED ME that the glasses would get sent the following morning (Friday). On Friday afternoon, I called the store to verify the glasses were sent and the clerk knew nothing about it and told me, quote: "We don't mail glasses--just come pick them up." I told her it was not possible to pick them up for another week and I would like them mailed because that's what the customer service rep and I agreed on. She repeated herself saying, "We don't ship glasses; you'll just have to find time to come get them."

So I called the 800 number and the representative said she would straighten it out and get my glasses sent on Saturday. On Saturday afternoon I called the store and was told the glasses would not go out until Monday because nobody could take them to FedEx. (??) On Sunday, my wife canceled her afternoon clients and drove 40 miles to the store AND THEY WERE CLOSED! The sign on the window clearly says 10AM to 7PM Monday thru Sunday. On Monday, I called the store and the person who answered had a horrible snotty attitude towards me and said that my glasses were mailed 'overnight' and she said she personally gave them to the driver. I did not receive them Tuesday. I did not receive them Wednesday. I did not receive them Thursday. (Thursday was Thanksgiving). I did not receive them Friday.

I called the store and the 800 number and asked for a tracking number. No one can supply me with a tracking number.??? I will continue to post this review on every social-media site (Yelp, Reddit, Angie's List Craiglist, Facebook, Twitter, all the eyeglass competitors' sites) until I receive my glasses, a protracted sincere apology from a live person, and a refund due to my extreme aggravation. Do not choose Visionworks; go to Sam's Optical or Walmart or Eyeglass World or Pearle Vision or Lenscrafters or anywhere else.

Visionworks author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

As an industry leader in eye care services and eye wear products, Visionworks has more than 650 stores in 41 different states, including the District of Columbia.

• Frame finder: The Frame Finder lets shoppers try out different frames on their own face, through the Internet. Consumers can upload a picture and start trying on frames.

• Complete kids line: Get kids glasses that are durable and designed to stand up to the activity of sports.

• Contact lenses: Buy contact lenses that correct for single vision, bifocal or astigmatism.

• Safety gear: Never wear a pair of goggles over glasses while in a work setting again with prescription safety gear.

• Stock up on accessories: Never leave the store without a cleaning kit, case and any other favorite accessories for glasses.

Visionworks Company Information