Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.27/5

Discover the right online glasses retailer now

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Visionworks Reviews

Original review: Sept. 19, 2019

Just visited Visionworks in McAllen inside the mall. As soon as I went in was greeted very friendly and got assistance right away by Cesar **. He pursued to tell me they were having a 60% off sale all frames. I kept looking around and was kinda lost because I have never had to wear glasses before. Then Manny ** attended to me. Was very courteous... knowledgeable....and was just a joy to speak to. He even suggested which frames fit me better since I was undecided. Overall these 2 gentlemen are an asset to this company and clearly know what they are doing and actually care about their customers.

Believe me I visited several shops and was ignored and not given the attention and information I clearly needed. Overall these guys know what they are doing and do a Great JOB!! Highly recommend Visionworks! FYI. Manny ** actually works at the Weslaco Visionworks but thank God he was helping out this Visionworks on this given day. Really was an awesome and pleasant experience!!

Original review: Aug. 17, 2019

We've become patients and customers of this location for many reasons. The doctor and staff are nothing but friendly, welcoming and very professional. Dr. ** comes off a bit dry at first but the guy is awesome. His exams are meticulous and nothing but thorough. If you need to get glasses, all the reps are attentive and professional, but Mike ** is my favorite to deal with. He's funny, straightforward and has a good personality. Besides, you cant beat the prices and ongoing specials on eyewear. We have had nothing but good experiences at this location and would encourage anyone to visit or make an appointment. Marisol

Get expert buying tips about Glasses Online delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 27, 2019

This was my first experience with Visionworks and it will not be my last. I received my 2 pairs of glasses on time. After going home and using my glasses I was not happy. I returned to Visionworks and was assured that changes would be made that I would be happy with. They stand by their guarantee that I would be completely satisfied with my eyewear purchase. Lilia was so helpful and it was evident that my concerns and happiness were very important to her. Sam was very professional and answered my many questions. I will recommend them highly and return for all my eyecare needs.

Original review: April 19, 2019

LASHONDA did amazing using our insurance and knowledge in getting us the best options for what we could afford for myself, my husband and my son!!!! Both doctors were awesome. They took time with me especially because my vision is so bad. The first doctor took my prescription and when I came to get fitted for my contacts and the other doctor I had not seen made sure they were the perfect fit and not too strong! I would definitely go back because of all of you. Thank you for making the experience great and affordable!!!

Original review: April 11, 2019

Went to Visionworks in Boston on State street for first time last year. Everyone was so nice. The doctor knew I got migraines so put sunglasses on my prescription. Because I should be wearing bifocals but have vertigo so I can't. I got to pick out 2 beautiful pairs one for reading the other for distance. I was able to get transitional lenses for my sunglass pair. I have had no problems with them and will be back in a year for another 2 pairs which my insurance covers totally. Thank you for a great experience.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Visionworks?

Original review: Feb. 7, 2020

Really irritating having my mail box stuffed with unsolicited junk mail from this company. Even worse, Visionworks was just sold to a California company so there’s really no way of knowing who has access to my private information now. But I’m sure they will monetize my information for their profits.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2020

I went to Visionworks for the first time in Fayetteville, Ga. Horrible customer service, first of all I ordered contacts and when I picked them up there was no medicine in the contacts, they said that they forgot to submit the prescription with the contacts and now a month later I still don't have my contacts that are suppose to be sent to my house, I wouldn't recommend a blind bat to this place or company and very RUDE MANAGERS.... HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE!!!!

Original review: Jan. 10, 2020

My wife had an appointment on 12/31/2019 (2.30pm) at Vision Works, 1562 E Golf Rd, Schaumburg, IL 60173. We reached there for the appointment and got all the pre screening done and the technician handed over the file to the Dr. **. Doctor was sitting without any patient. We were waiting to be called in, but the doctor skipped us and took the next patient. I was surprised I asked the front office person, she said doctor is running late you will be next. I said ok. After sometime doctor came out looked at us and took another patient skipping us again. He did like this one more time. It was very strange, I went to the front desk and talked to Ms. **, she had no explanation for that. It felt like the Doctor was discriminating. The office manager was a dummy. For the 2.30pm appointment we waited around 1.5 hours and had to leave without eye exam because office manager was not certain when doctor will see us. This is very sad.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2019

Purchased a new pair of glasses. While the price on their website was listed at 40% off with 50% off second pair, they insisted on charging full price. They also insisted that sunglasses are only good for two years and polarized glasses only come in dark lens colors. I had my 8-year old sunglasses test by my regular optometrist and they fully effective. If you do a simple search for clear sunglasses on Amazon you fill find many clear polarized glasses. To top it all off, when I questioned their pricing they became rude and difficult. This is an organization that seeks to pad their pockets with your money. I will Stay away.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2019

I have been coming to the Cumming Visionworks store for over the last 3 years and doing my best to put up with the piss poor and unprofessional customer service and today I finally had enough. The office manager constantly complains about employees, customers, and her workload every time I visit. She is loud and rude and always quick to tell customers what she can’t do. She just got off the phone with a customer looking to book an appointment and she complained that they didn’t want to do it online. She told her associates not to take appointments unless the person is elderly or doesn’t have a smartphone. She alleges it is to help the customer and it helps the associates. EVERY time I come in the store she claims they are swamped and understaffed when I have only seen 1-2 customers max. I guess that doing your job and providing great customer service would get in the way of her constant complaining about customers and others.

The sign on the door says No appointment necessary, however, I always get turned away when I come in as a walk in. Today I came in at 10:56 am and today’s excuse was that the doctor had to take an early lunch although they had a cancellation and could have fit one of us in (prior to consulting with the doctor). Who knew that taking an early lunch was a greater priority than taking a paying customer. Friends and neighbors of mine have been telling me to ditch this place for years and I tried my best to bear through it, however, they have made it crystal clear that they don’t care about my money or anyone else’s for that matter. Time to take my business America’s Best who has great reviews for customer service!

Not sure about Visionworks?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right Glasses Online for you.

Visionworks expert review by ConsumerAffairs

As an industry leader in eye care services and eye wear products, Visionworks has more than 650 stores in 41 different states, including the District of Columbia.

• Frame finder: The Frame Finder lets shoppers try out different frames on their own face, through the Internet. Consumers can upload a picture and start trying on frames.

• Complete kids line: Get kids glasses that are durable and designed to stand up to the activity of sports.

• Contact lenses: Buy contact lenses that correct for single vision, bifocal or astigmatism.

• Safety gear: Never wear a pair of goggles over glasses while in a work setting again with prescription safety gear.

• Stock up on accessories: Never leave the store without a cleaning kit, case and any other favorite accessories for glasses.

• Best for: Kids, Professionals and Contacts wearers.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team