3.9/5 (597 ratings)

About Visionworks

Visionworks Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Visionworks?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Visionworks?

Original review: Oct. 3, 2022

I had my eyes checked for new glasses at a Visionworks location after checking with them to make sure they were covered by my insurance plan. I was assured that I was good to go. The people involved in the exam, frame selection, and order placement were professional and efficient. When I paid, they pointed out that the charge reflected the discount due to my insurance coverage, so I was good to go--until I wasn't. On the day I expected to get the glasses, I instead got a notice that my coverage was denied because Visionworks was in fact NOT covered by my insurance.

After spending a lot of time on the phone and even more time at the Visionworks location to resolve the situation, I got a full refund, but it made me wonder about their business practices. It seems like they just blithely assure every customer that their insurance is good, and then deal with it when it blows up. Maybe it works for them because enough customers just pay the price, but even those who don't still pay with the time lost in dealing with the hassle of getting a refund, along with having to go through the bother of getting glasses somewhere else. If it's not a deliberate part of their business model, then their business still reflects some pretty poor management of insurance processing.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2022

Wow, this was really really bad. The eye doctor was nice enough, but they sent my contacts to the wrong address, then you can't contact them through their phone number. When finally speaking to someone they shipped them over, but the rebate I was suppose to get apparently is not valid. I called again - got angry trying to get a person on the phone (because you can't) and then told the girl answering how angry I was with the phone system, she said I was 'swearing' at her (I wasn't) and hung up on me. I filed a credit card claim.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2022

Ordered glasses. Store ordered them. 2 weeks later I Had to call them to find out they didn't have that particular frame anymore only to discover they had ordered the wrong color. Wait. Another 2 weeks later, wrong lenses. Lied to at store saying they were the correct lenses. Got them checked somewhere else, they weren't correct. Called customer service. Got a regional Manager involved. Nice young lady calls from a city with the same name city but 3000 miles way... A week later another regional manager gets involved. "Going to get this taken care of immediately!" 6 weeks later the regional manager calls, "They don't make those frames anymore." Ok, I am canceling the order. I want my money back and VSP charges reversed! 9 weeks now. Nothing. Still no refund. Charges to VSP reversed? Nope. Never again.

Original review: July 19, 2022

Visionworks have bad management. I paid them for lenses glasses. It was their mistake they won’t be able to give me the appointment because they didn’t have the Dr. or some time appointment. Well when I complained the manager be like, "I can’t help you." Since we had eye test already she said she can’t help me, so I paid again for the same glass. I hope they don’t rip me off this time. I been Real loyal to them, bought lots of glasses but it seems like they don't care if even it’s their mistake. Very sad experience.

Original review: July 16, 2022

Had bought glasses in 2021. The coating on the lenses had began to come off. Went to Visionworks in Weatherford Texas. Three different employees on 3 different occasion that I did no have insurance and that it was my fault for the coating coming off. In less than 2 years, the product was faulty. They said I had to buy new glasses and VSP would not cover it.

Original review: June 7, 2022

Glasses were purchased through Visionworks because of my cataract surgery and the benefit. The store clerk when I was buying them seemed not to know what to do and kept asking another coworker. I feel I was given the wrong information on what I truly was responsible. I've been given the run around by billing office since Jan 2022. Billing office has closed 4 tickets, says they emailed me twice. NEVER received an email. Won't honor the Medicare Eob and what I understood from the store clerk what I owed on. I agree I owe the $120.00 from how the store clerk told me. Found out I over paid $200.00 when I received the EOB. I was told by Ramon I'd be getting additional refund. Months later never received.

Billing office says it's my job to refile, which it's not. If they don't honor my understanding of what I owe per the Eob, they need to refile with the correct information. HELLO, I don't have that information!! So how do I refile?? They need to refile and train their staff on not to give wrong information. They DO NOT HONOR WHAT THEY SAY!! (Store clerk when getting glasses and billing person, Ramon.)

Original review: May 7, 2022

Went to Visionworks located at 4153 LaVista Rd Tucker, GA on 5/7/2022, and the customer service was horrible. The General Manager (**) and employee (**) were rude and unprofessional. The wait for a copy of my prescription was 30 minutes and only two (2) customers were in the store. I previously spent $1000 on glasses approximately six (6) months ago and the staff were pleasant and professional. Unfortunately, the staff present during my visit were much to be desired. Attitudes were so bad that I elected to obtain the copy of my prescription and not spend another $1000 with Visionworks. Good luck and shop at Visionworks at "Your Own Risk." Anthony

Original review: April 8, 2022

I ordered for my glasses on Jan 26, 2022 and cancelled my order right away. The Visionworks employee on Fry and 99 said that their corporate office "Managed Care Services of Visionworks would have to send a reversal to my insurance company which could take up to 3 weeks." I waited and waited and waited and called them after 3 weeks and every time I called they gave me the same answer "It has been initiated". I even took the matter with BBB and they responded with the same message. However, it has been two and a half months and I have not received my refund back in my Insurance-Avesis account.

I have been managing with really bad lenses at work and it is giving me headaches. I have been in America since I migrated here in 1996 and have never ever seen a company that has been so irresponsible even after repeated follow ups. I have not received any call from any supervisor in spite of repeated requests for the same. Please don't go to this shop on 99 and Fry Road, Katy. If you cancel your order, forget your money. Latha **.

Original review: March 21, 2022

Updated on 03/29/2022: I have filed a formal insurance fraud complaint with New York State, but am not hopeful that I will get any help from them. Stay away from Visionworks.

Original review: I purchased pair of glasses at Visionworks. After a month and four visits to try to have them adjusted properly, I finally gave up and returned the glasses. I was told they would send my insurance company the $200 that was covered toward the purchase. It's been 48 days, and several calls to both the insurance company, the local Visionworks store, and Visionworks corporate. Nothing!!!! Because Visionworks has not retracted the money to the insurance company, I cannot go elsewhere to purchase another pair of glasses. I am 76 years old, and have a Medicare Advantage insurance plan. In my opinion, Visionworks is guilty of medicare fraud. I would like to file a fraud claim against them, but am not sure how to do it. These people are incompetent at best, and possibly unethical and fraudulent as well. Stay away from Visionworks.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2022

I went to to Visionworks Fair Oaks Mall location for the 1st time for my eye exam and new glasses. The 1st time I got my glasses and had trouble reading from my computer screen which I never experienced this issue with my old glasses. The staff advised me to go for Progressive Lenses (for which I ended up paying $50.00 more). I got my progressive lenses and still the same issue that I could not read from my computer screen. Went back to the store and they said that the lenses angle are required to be adjusted.. Got my glasses back from them for the 3rd time and still the same issue.

Went to the doctor again and she said I am not "Progressive Lenses Adaptive". Went again for the standard vision for the 4th time and got my vision corrected but now the new frames are messed up as it seems that someone put something heavy on the frames while re-working them. Went back to the store and they could not do much about it. It was a complete waste of time and money! Please don't go to this outlet!

Original review: Feb. 16, 2022

Most disappointing experience today at the Vancouver Mall Visionworks... Vancouver, WA... We have to drive an hour and a half one way to our appointment... I have received multiple emails and text reminders about our appointments starting at 11:30 AM, 11:45 AM, 12:00, and 12:15 today February 15, 2022... When we arrive at 11:30 for our first appointment they say we don't have an appointment and that it was not their problem that we had received all of the emails and texts about the appointments which even stated their site... Rude customer service along with no offers to help us when we had taken time off work and school as well as the 3 hour drive roundtrip...

Original review: Feb. 14, 2022

This place is the worst! As soon as you step in the door they hit you with their mask policy which they say is for their customers' health and safety but when I inform them that I have a medical condition that prevents me from covering my airways my health and safety goes right out the door and doesn’t matter. If you are going to have a policy make sure it holds up against the science you think it’s built on. Their lenses are sub par as well. I was there less than 2 years needing more because the product doesn’t hold up. Don’t respond saying how you're sorry and call us and "We will try to help." You had your chance and you blew it!

Original review: Jan. 26, 2022

I scheduled my appointment for Monday 1/24 3:40 at the Henrietta store when I arrived the store was closed, I was never contacted of all the cancelation. This will complaint probably never be addressed. I rescheduled, they treated me like garbage the doctor was the only good person and treated me with respect, I don't have enough space to put the whole and the worst parts of the visit I never got my order for glasses in but I don't think I'll ever go back I got my prescription I'll get someone else to fill it. it was like they wanted me to lose my temper. They got a little from me but I thank God I caught myself. If corporate care's to here the complete story they can call me. I really hope nobody ever gets treated this way at this store again.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2022

4 yrs. ago I used Visionworks for eye exam and frames with lenses. 3 yrs. ago I decided to go elsewhere because their service is not good. Because they gave me glasses that are worse than my nature eye to read. So, this yr. I went back to Visionworks and I am so mad. Can you believe the same thing happened! After putting them on I can't read one letter. I am so upset because it takes me 40 mins just to get there and then I have to drive back 40 mins. Never again will I ever go to Visionworks... Beware.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2021

I have had numerous issues with the Northpark, Dallas store when ordering and receiving glasses & contacts. My contact lens order last year was screwed up by the store and they ordered the wrong prescription and I had to wait for a new order. Fast forward to 2021, on 10/5 I ordered 2 pairs of glasses and a supply of contact lenses. They ordered the wrong contacts. Again. As of 12/20, I am still waiting for the contacts. I have had to make numerous calls and trips to the store and still have nothing. I am working with 2.5 month old contact lenses in my eyes at this point. They were supposed to send me sample lenses while I waited. Nothing has come.

Also had issues with glasses. The frames were warped/shrunk when I went to pick up. They ordered new ones. When those arrived they said they needed to get new lenses so I had to then wait for those. It was almost 2 months before I finally got them. I've called the manager, Maria **, who refuses to get on the phone and just chooses to let staff members call and "help". So frustrating. I wish I would have read the rating on here before I wasted so much time and energy. I still have yet to get resolution or a full refund of my order.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2021

Corporate business practices are horrible. Cancelled my appointment because I didn't "confirm" 48 hours in advance. Problem is that I was not notified by text or email by the "confirming" system. Then they could only fit me in if someone else didn't show up.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2021

I scheduled an appointment online. It accepted the appointment. They kept sending me texts saying they look forward to meeting me at my appointment. I had today off. Went in there at 11:00 am my scheduled appointment and they said that my appointment did not come through and that they couldn't see me today. I took the day off to have this done and now I can't. Something is wrong with your system. I filled out my paperwork online. They didn't get that but it said that it accepted it.. Again it kept sending me texts reminding me of my appointment today. I was very excited to get started on getting my new glasses. Now I can't. Very disappointing...

Original review: Oct. 8, 2021

Dr Derek ** was very professional yet made me feel comfortable as he explained all procedures and results. I only waited 5 minutes and was done within 30 minutes. The rest of the staff were efficient and knowledgeable. Josh was extremely helpful with my order and payment.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2021

I went to order glasses and told the lady I had a coupon at home and she informed me they would honor it no problem. I went to pick up my glasses and give them my coupon for a 2nd pair (2 for $99) and was informed that I had to give the coupon to them at the time of the order. I rechecked my coupon and all it said was "For additional savings provide coupon" nothing was on the coupon that said I had to provide the coupon at the time of ordering. All this company had to do is just let me pick out another pair of glasses as it was, I walked out leaving the glasses, since they wanted to do crooked dealings then I felt they could eat the cost of the glasses I had ordered. I will never do business with this company again and am also turning in a report with the BBB on this company as they are making up rules as they go along.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2021

I went to Visionworks location #323 today and had a great experience. I hadn't been to the eye doctor in quite a while. They were very through with my vision test and my eye exam. I will be going back in the future.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2021

Worst customer service both in store and customer-care call center. I called Nassau Park Square location everyday for a week and was sent to the customer care center with hold times in excess of 35 mins or more only to be told they will send an email to store. I needed my rx. Never received multiple requests. I finally reach the Nassau Park Square location and was told there is no manager and Eric who answered told me my questions were "Above his pay grade." Unacceptable and rude and very unprofessional!!!! Eric will see just how above his paygrade his actual job is once I am thru with my reviews on both the store, and the company on every social media platform and reviews page. I see by the previous posts I am not the only one who has experienced the mess of a company!

Original review: Aug. 31, 2021

I went to a Visionworks at 500 Route 23 N, Pompton Plains, NJ 07444. I really don't believe the doctor gave me an full exam to prescribe for my eye glasses. He used my old 5 y/o eye glasses to figure out. None of letters he showed me were clear to me, but he stopped trying after a couple lenses; he didn't even asked which one was best for me. After him checking the image of my eyes, I asked a question about my concern, but he did not answer, and then he sent me out to pay. I don't know if I try another doctor for my new glasses.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2021

I love my glasses. They are a little wide framed but I think that could have been the eye doctors fault. I love the dark frame and the lens are so clear and make it so I don't have to squint when I'm driving.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2021

Waiting time was almost one hour. In other visit we arrived late couple of minutes. They canceled the appointment and rescheduled after four weeks... The place was empty but they said the doctor in break.... truly it was not a break time. They was waiting second appointment until she came.

Original review: July 31, 2021

It's overpriced. Tried with my eye insurance for discount and yes there was discount but little rather than big discount. Noticed their cost formulation tricks which were not fair to me. There was no other options for better deal. Have to pay $20 for eye exam.

Original review: July 30, 2021

Visionworks is also known as Davis Vision. I used them for the last 3 years and I can say I am now done with them. Poor/Rude staff customer service, long wait times and poor scheduling, poor purchase policies. You can get better service at JCPenney Optical, a better selection of eyewear, and a great doctor to be seen by.

Original review: July 29, 2021

Staff is friendly and acknowledges you when you come in, even if you have to wait a little. Nice that it's a one stop shop where you can get an eye exam by doctor and pick out glasses. They have a good selection of glasses at different price ranges,

Original review: April 23, 2021

The customer service varies from one worker to another. But the deals on glasses and the optometrist make it a great deal. Dr ** is terrific and will spend as much time as needed to make sure you are satisfied. This store is located at 2635 N Elston Ave, Chicago, IL 60647

Original review: April 8, 2021

The doctor, the staff are all terrible. 6 times here and still not right. I got 20 other pairs of glasses somewhere else without a problem. First and last time here. Can't figure out what is the problem.

Original review: April 5, 2021

I went to the VisionWorks in Frankfort, KY for a standard eye test and new glasses. First, they try to sell you items deceitfully. I was ordered bifocals and they talked me into "digital lenses" which I was told meant the bifocal would go from one side to the other so you aren't missing any text. This was incorrect and when I picked up my glasses and noticed this was not true, the person who sold them to me gave me shrugged shoulders because he didn't have bifocals - he just knew people liked them. Also, I was sold "smudge-proof" and when I went back in, the manager said it wasn't smudge-proof, just dirt resistant.

I have to return my glasses 4 times to get the bifocals in the right place so I could see without getting nauseous. These are the worst glasses I have ever had. I couldn't return them because my insurance was already processed and going to a new place would cost more because of the benefits taken at VisionWorks. My son got regular glasses (no bi) and his glasses are fine. I wholeheartedly do not recommend VisionWorks if you have bifocals or anything difficult about your prescription. After my third trip in, they had my vision checked to make sure the prescription was right and the Doctor treated me poorly as if I was questioning his ability.

Visionworks Company Information