Discover the right online glasses retailer now

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

2.91/5

431 Visionworks Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 10, 2019

A year and a half ago I bought progressive transition lenses and glasses from this store. (I spent over $300 per lens plus more for frames.) Today I can barely see through the lenses. I took them to the store and they said the transition film has buckled. Since the lens is over a year old they are unable to do anything for me. They said I must have left them in the heat. I assure you I only take them off to sleep. That is ridiculous! Never in my glass wearing life have I ever had glasses go foggy. (In their words-“have the material buckle”.) Especially in a little over a year. I would not recommend buying from any Visionworks store. They use very bad materials and will not stand behind their product!!

Original review: May 31, 2019

Disappointed that the woman who was giving my son his contact lenses to try was very impatient. Lens fell on floor and he wasn’t given a new one. I tried to clean it at sink for my son the best I could but when he put it in he said his eye burned. I asked for eye drops but she refused to give him any. I asked to just get his prescription so I could order a new clean pair and try with him at home but I was also refused to be given my prescription until I called my family attorney.

Original review: May 27, 2019

I would be willing to share my personal experience in detail should anyone be interested, but feel it is important to summarize it for others seeking care. I understand Visionworks is a large network and not all will experience similar situations at other locations, so I am cautioning against using the Fishers, IN location specifically. More specifically, I caution against seeing Dr. Linda **. As a five and half month pregnant patient, I realize pregnant women are urged to wait to seek treatment until after the pregnancy due to various reasons. I required new eyewear; however, and knew I would make my medical condition known and figured I hadn't been the first pregnant patient to seek care. Dr. Linda ** was negligent in consideration to my condition and borderline harassing in nature. I have never experienced the lack of concern I received from her at any point in my life in a medical capacity.

To paint a better picture, I am having children relatively close together, so my last eye exam was likely three years ago. Dr. Linda ** called me negligent and proceeded to cite an example of me driving and seriously injuring someone and I being at fault because I had not seen a physician in some time. While taken aback, I remained silent because I did not have my eyewear on (-7 prescription, so I cannot see anything without assistance) and could tell her voice was elevated and tone was intense, but I could not see her facial expressions. When she prompted further against my negligence, I finally said that I would practice self-care and would have known had my vision been impaired significantly since my last exam given that I have required assistance for over 25 years.

Instead of respecting my feedback, she sighed heavily and cited that she will be noting my negligence in my file. I advised that she add harassing a pregnant patient in the file as well. She then asked if I would like to see another physician, to which I replied, "yes." I did not trust her judgement nor ability to care for me at this point. I then asked if the doctor was in. She said he did not return until later in the week. I responded by asking that she was advising I get back into my vehicle, drive home, and then drive back for an appointment at a later date given she provided the above example of me not being safe on the roads and my negligence. She became angry after this comment and nearly yelled that she was "providing options" and it is "different" and I advised that I no longer felt safe and asked for a witness to our conversation.

I have entered more details than I originally anticipated, but found it difficult to share with others without citing specifics. I did leave the location and notified the owner of the practice promptly after. Shortly after leaving the appointment, I began to experience Braxton Hicks contractions likely due to the elevated blood pressure from the interaction with Dr. Linda **. All is well now; however, I pray that no one else finds themselves in a similar situation. I share my story out of true concern for other patients and I hope this assists you in making care decisions in the future!

Original review: May 25, 2019

I had a appointment at 2:45 today. I arrived early. When I approached the desk the lady told me to give her my insurance info and be quick about it!! When I asked her to look it up she wouldn't even bother, was extremely rude and unprofessional. The dr sat right next to her during this and they acted like it was a big joke. How is this business still open??

Original review: May 22, 2019

They own up to their bad reviews. They open at 9am and you may have an appointment at 9am but you won’t be seen till 10am. If you haven’t done paperwork then 10:30am and that's assuming the receptionist didn’t forget to file your paperwork. So if you come here and have time to waste then this place is perfect for you. But if you are on a time limit it's best you look elsewhere.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Visionworks?

Original review: May 17, 2019

When my sunglasses came in you could clearly see where the lens was cut to fit the frame. It looked almost like there was a space between the lens and frame. I was told it was just residue from the cutting. She popped it out, cleaned it and put it back - it didn't look any different! I told her this was unacceptable as I paid a lot of money and was unhappy with the way it looked. She asked me to leave them and her manager would look at them the next day and call. Well three days went by and no one called me. I went in and a different woman at the counter did the exact same thing as the first. I was so disgusted as the result was the same, but I just took them and vowed to never come back need.

Two days after having the frames, one of the arms was so loose it just flipped up and down on its own!!! My daughter brought them in and had them tightened (she said it was the "best" she could do). By the end of the next day the arm was "flipping" again. Well I am past my 30 days to have them returned so not sure how I will deal with this; possibly request a new screw. I can only imagine the outcome!

Also, my daughter went in for an eye exam as she was having difficulty driving at night. They gave her a very "slight" prescription with anti-glare treatment. She got her glasses and the first time she drove with them, she couldn't read the road signs!!! In our minds, she was given a prescription to boost your sales!! She should have just bought herself of lenses with anti-glare in any store!!! Needless to say, they got her new lenses (no script on them) with anti-glare treatment. She wasn't reimbursed for the cost of script nor did she receive any kind of discount for the inconvenience, as it is perfectly clear she DID NOT need a prescription! !

I have been wearing prescription (regular and sunglasses) for years and you can count on never seeing me in one of your stores again; nor will I recommend you to anyone.

Original review: May 14, 2019

I got a pair of prescription sunglasses there. Purchased on 4/25. Got them today 5/14. It took almost three weeks! The woman who helped me was not weird and not pleasant! She didn't smile once both times I was there, order and pick up. Never say "thank you" for my business either. I got eyeglasses from them before. The person who helped me before was better.

Original review: May 7, 2019

I ordered two pair of eyeglasses from Visionworks and that started the nightmare. Following an 8 day wait, I went to pick up my new eyeglasses. The employee would not give me the eyeglasses I paid $450 for. She said the doctor wasn't in. What? I didn't use their doctor. Didn't matter. After a call to the home office I received my eyeglasses. The employee was so mad she refused to adjust the glasses. Went to my eye doctor's office and had them adjusted. That's when I found that the progression was wrong. Took the eyeglasses back to Visionworks. After being yelled at and called names by the manager, I got a refund. NEVER AGAIN.

Original review: May 3, 2019

I went to Visionworks in Medford NY, for progressive glasses, and was met by rude and unprofessional sales people. It took 2 weeks to get the glasses. Second, the glasses I got from them are absolutely horrible, and you’re lucky if you can see out of them. The glasses here are junk, and your vision will be distorted by cheap glasses. They are dangerous to wear. You will fall while walking, they are that bad. Do not trust this place at all. I am warning everyone that shops here. This place is the pits. Do not buy progressive glasses from them. They do not work correctly.

Original review: April 25, 2019

Such a dishonest store. They say they take your insurance then you call your insurance and they tell me I'm 100% covered, then Visionworks says "the doctor only takes part of your insurance but it won't cover much", so I know she's lying. Then the lady next to me calls her insurance company to see if they charged them, well guess what? Not only did she collect 90 dollars from the woman she also charged her insurance company for the same test 90 dollars. Guess what Visionworks? You've been reported for fraud. And I'm going viral just to see how others were cheated.

That 90 dollars worth of fraud will be the death of you Dr. **, because yes, your employee said you were the one responsible for the fraud. You can't take an insurance then try to pick and choose what part you don't like and make people pay for the part you don't like. THAT'S FRAUD TOO! People who pay cash or have extraordinary insurance get proper care, I know because I paid over 1000 to them for my daughters eye exams glasses and contact exam, trial contacts. He was just so nice when I was spending cash.

Visionworks Company Information