Luxottica Group/RayBan

Milan, Italy

2.6/5 (494 ratings)

About Luxottica Group/RayBan

Luxottica Group/RayBan Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Luxottica Group/RayBan?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Luxottica Group?

Original review: April 28, 2022

I thought Ray-ban was a reputable company, have glasses from the 90's still in good shape...Got new glasses with issues...Can't get to a person for assistance, and no one will answer my emails...Absolute nonsense...I can't reach anyone at Ray-Ban or this Luxottica...It's false advertising that there is any type of warranty, if you aren't able to reach anyone or get assistance when you need it...This feels like fraud to me...I love my frames, I would actually pay for new lenses if it came to that, but I can't get past any type of animated system to even have that option...Very disappointed

Original review: April 24, 2022

As a Rayban customer for 30+ years, I was quite pleased with the quality. Over the years, they lasted 3 to 6 years. I bought another pair March 2021, and they switched from glass to plastic lenses. After 1 year, they are pitted, scratched, and I was taking good care of them as always. I placed a service request with pictures, and receipt, but they refuse to do anything. I don't plan to spend another $400 for poor quality, and now they have lost a loyal customer. I am now seeking a high end, quality pair, with glass lenses. Not the plastic. I will never waste my money on this brand again.

Get buying tips about Glasses Online delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 9, 2022

Must submit service request on-line and wait up to 5 days for a return email. You will be asked to send pics. I purchased my daughter a pair of Mr. Burbank prescription glasses. 9 weeks later she takes off her glasses kind of quick and the hinge breaks. Thinking they have a 2 year warranty I call to get them repaired. Nope, they are out of warranty with no additional words. Turns out the accidental damage period ends after 45 days.

2 year warranty does not cover: scratches on sun lenses; damages caused by accident, abuse, neglect, shock, improper use or storage of the product; unauthorized modifications or repairs; normal wear and tear as well as any issue connected to the prescription lenses. Ray-Ban offered to give me a $100 credit toward a COMPLETE set of prescription glasses from LensCrafters. Note LC is about 3 times more expensive, see for yourself.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2022

My worst online shopping experience. Payment authorized, but the website did not register any orders. Repetition of the process numerous times, accumulating pre-authorizations in the bank. Assistance email returning error days in a row. When I finally managed to communicate by email, the order appeared on the website as a canceled order and nothing was resolved. They told me to buy over the phone. In the telephone contact I came to know that the glasses on sale were no longer available in the online store. Went to search in the online store and even the reference of the sunglasses returned no results!!! I'd say I felt in a scheme, like a deceptive advertising scheme. Wasted time, emails, phones, pre-authorizations, contacts with banks and Paypal and... No sunglasses. Online reviews are purely the truth, run away!

Original review: Dec. 31, 2021

Ordered a gift online (Ray-ban.com) for a friend on Dec.22nd, the DHL tracking was showing it was shipped from their hub in Atlanta to my address in British Columbia, Canada. A few days later, it stalled on hold in Cincinnati, OH, and ultimately, without sharing any update with me, DHL returned it to the shipper saying that there is a new address for this order. Today is Dec. 31st, and yet no clarification on their end. I called customer service, and they were surprised why a package on the way to Canada should be in Cincinnati after 9 days and going back to their stock!! It's been a very frustrating experience.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2021

Purchased a pair of sunglasses from the company. A week later the left arm of the glasses broke, simply by putting the glasses on. These glasses cost in excess of $100.00 U.S. They would not honor their own warranty, and it is impossible to get any human being on the phone. Crooks.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER! I have emailed and called regarding an order 5 times. Lenses sent were plastic instead of glass as the original placement, cost 80 USD. Polarization Treatment Started peeling, chipping and cracking and they refuse to cover the lenses under warranty. I cared for the lenses in all way. DO NOT Buy Ray Ban anymore. You can get better Mileage from a cheap pair of sunglasses as their product became garbage, Immondizia as us Italian say!!!! More embarrassing is an American company not standing behind their products, then they wonder Made in China Uhhhh.

Resolution response: Nov. 8, 2021

Update: After numerous calls and emails I got an e-mail saying "Thank you for your recent purchase at Ray-Ban.com. I would like to apologize because it appears there has been an error in our system and your order has not properly progressed. We have had to cancel that order for you and issue your refund. I am so very sorry for the inconvenience." - This is way better than the initial response but for a reputable company - not good enough!

Original review: Nov. 1, 2021

Ordered prescription sunglasses. Site stipulates prescription should be submitted after purchase. Contacted customer service the following day to give the prescription and was notified that the system shows the order to be non-prescription lenses. The order when placing it and the order details in their site clearly show prescription lenses were ordered (attached screen shots). It hasn't been 24 hrs and they still didn't process the order but they refuse to cancel or amend it. The best they had offered is to ship the faulty glasses and "allow me" to return it when I receive it and (hopefully) be refunded. This is bad business and worst customer service ever.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2021

Although it felt a little unnerving to send in my Ray bans to be repaired and not receive a lot of updates throughout the process, the experience totally paid off. I was sent back what I believe to be a completely new pair of glasses, for no cost, since my repairs were covered under warranty. I suppose the brand thought a new pair given my request was justified or easier, which was very kind of them. The total process took about two weeks, which was faster than the site said (said it could take up to four weeks.). Overall I recommend the repair service and I am an even more loyal ray ban fan after this. Thank you!!

Original review: Aug. 12, 2021

I ordered frames online to be delivered to LensCrafters. The website says returns can be made at LensCrafters. NOT TRUE. The store will not accept return and say they have never been capable of accepting returns from online purchases.

Luxottica Group/RayBan Company Information