Luxottica Group/RayBan

Luxottica Group/RayBan

Milan, Italy

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

216 Luxottica Group/RayBan Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

The frame reps in NJ are horrible. They lie, make fake minimums for orders & refuse to exchange or return frame that we have had sitting here not selling for 2 years. The supervisors refuse to help or fix the situations, but demand we pay and order more product from them. We were told (by a frame rep) the exchange rate is give 1 back, but you have to buy 3 more! (Customer support told me that was a lie). We were told we would not be given discontinued frame because they have replacement warranties (that was a lie).

When I questions the supervisors about all of my concerns, he said *I quote* "there's nothing else I can tell you, whatever the frame reps said is right..." This is ridiculous & very disrespectful after spending thousands of dollars. I advise you all **do not work with Luxottica**, find someone who sells their frames for less, is willing to exchange and respect your business! Marchon is great, Safilo is great as well!

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

I just got off the phone with RayBan and they informed me they have 100’s of fraudulent sites that are pretending to sell their glasses. DO NOT TRUST ANY ONLINE RAY-BAN SITE! DO NOT ORDER ONLINE FROM THEM! I was tricked by one of their fake sites and lost $400s to the fake site. And worse yet they used my debit card info to make $3000s worth of purchases before I caught it. The fraudulent sites look EXACTLY like the official site and the company is doing nothing to help the consumer. They say it is normal to have numerous fake sites out there... but I shop online on a regular basis and never have I ever come across an online presence as careless and unconcerned for consumer protection as this company! So if you are desperate for a pair of RayBans I say... "Hit up the mall!"

Get expert buying tips about Eyeglasses Online delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

Cunningham Vision Care ST Peters MO/Rayban - Bought new glasses in MA June of 2017. Also purchased insurance on them about a week before insurance ran out. The hinge on one side broke so I brought them to Lenscrafters in MO. Within 2 months one side won't close. The other side is broken. These frames cost me over 170.00. I have older glasses with cheaper frames that I have never had a problem with plus with the insurance I still had to shell out 25.00 and 165.00 for eye exam.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

Purchased a pair of sunglasses for $499, they have headphones attached the model is Radar Pace. The earphones became defective in the first week, I filed a claim and received no response for 2 more weeks. I sent multiple emails and got no response for another week. Finally I called the 1800 number and waited on hold for an hour and twenty minutes. Finally spoke with a woman who sent me an email and stated they don't have parts (for a product they build) so I have to ship the entire order back and they will send another pair back in 3 weeks. I just called them as they had not even checked the item in so the 3 weeks will not start until they are checked in. Honestly I should have demanded a refund since it was within the first 30 days. Do not expect this company to do any thing to help you! once they have your money you are left without the money or the product.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

They DO NOT care. Let me start off by... this was my first pair of glasses, I ordered them online. Everything went through. Took my money and all. I called to confirm everything at least 5 times. They said everything was good and I should get my first pair of glasses by Monday! You could imagine how excited I was!! Well all of a sudden they canceled my order without calling me or anything, here I am expecting my first pair of glasses ever and then come to find out they just canceled it. No real explanation. I called to see if they could help me. Nope they don’t care. I emailed called, you’d think they would want to correct their mess up but nope so I told them, "You know what I’m never doing business with y’all," they don’t care. So I go elsewhere to get my glasses and they have a hold on my insurance after they canceled my order. Now it’s been a month since I was prescribed my glasses. Never ever will I do business this** company.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Luxottica Group?

Original review: July 12, 2018

Bought some $250 RB3460M SCUDERIA FERRARI's straight from Ray Ban's website with free two day shipping from Shoprunner. 8 days later, I received them. The package was well wrapped, and everything looked great until I got the glasses out only to find a lens had popped off, the nose piece was slightly bent, and one of the lens had a tiny scratch on it. These folks actually sold me a pair of USED Ray Bans for retail. After 15-20 min on hold for CS they told me I would eventually get a return label emailed to me. Sending them back and never buying Ray Ban brand again. Getting used glasses directly from Ray Ban is totally unacceptable and I can never trust them or the brand again. The whole experience from the beginning to end was a disaster.

Original review: July 5, 2018

RayBan hacked my DEAD brother's Facebook page and sent advertising to me and NINE of my relatives. It is quite shocking to get text saying my DEAD brother sent me a photo. SHAME ON RAYBAN! THEY ARE HEARTLESS AND DISGUSTING.

Original review: June 18, 2018

I see all negative reviews, so I will add my positive one. The film on the inside of my Oakley glasses started to peel or become worn. I took the required pictures on the website, filled out the claim form and 2 days later I was sent an email that they would cover the cost of warranty. While the site say it takes 2 weeks for them to processes a repair. I was sent my glasses back in the mail in 3 weeks. They didn't repair mine, but sent me a brand new pair of the same model. While they did take the extra week, it saved me $150 from purchasing a new pair.

Original review: June 7, 2018

I have a pair of Wayfarer Ray-Bans. The lens fell out and broke. I was approved via email to get replacement lens for $45. However, I have to call the 1800 number first to pay them over the phone, then I can mail them in. No problem right? NO! I’ve called 4 times and have YET to get a human to talk to. When I chose the callback option due to “high call volume”, I get hung up on as soon as they call me back. Or if I chose to hold, I’ll hold for 50+ minutes before hanging up. I cannot understand why I can’t just pay online, like Costa lets you, and then send them in! Never order Ray-Ban again.

Original review: June 6, 2018

The gel nose pad on my OAKLEY prescription glasses became displaced and was subsequently lost. When I contacted the store I bought them from, they told me to contact Oakley. Oakley advised me to send the glasses to their repair shop. I sent the glasses to Luxottica Warranty and Repair Service Center McDonough GA 30253. They were returned WITHOUT PRESCRIPTION LENSES! WTF?

Original review: May 15, 2018

This company is a complete joke. I have been a loyal Ray-Ban customer for many years and will NEVER buy Ray-Bans again. I recently ordered replacement lenses after my aviator lens cracked. I ordered them over the phone (since the company is so antiquated that you can't order them online) and was told to wait 2 weeks because they "are being shipped from Italy." Over 2 weeks later, still no delivery. Of course, the company doesn't offer tracking (their excuse is that since they are shipped internationally you can't get a tracking number... again, what a joke!).

I called customer service and they claimed they had been delivered. I asked when they had been delivered and they said the day after I ordered them. When I pushed back and asked what happened to the 2-week lead time to be shipped from Italy, they fessed up and said that the shipment never went out. The customer service rep. then said she would place a replacement order and that again, it would take 2 weeks to be "shipped from Italy." I have not received a confirmation email for the order. We shall see if they are actually delivered this time. It is ASTOUNDING that a "luxury" company treats its customers like this. I will never ever purchase any products from this company again! If I could give them zero stars, I would!

Original review: May 8, 2018

My first review to BBB as company didnt honor 15 day return policy for my wife. Business agreed store didn’t act in good intentions based on overall customer service experience provided. Last week, shortly after having my initial issue finally resolved their corporate sent my wife and I a certified a letter saying we can never be allowed to go to any of their locations ever again? Please reference previous compliant I.d ID ** made to BBB. Upon filing original claim ID referencing the massive embarrassment Lens Crafters store put my wife and I through, they delivered an exchange two months later. (Please see below correspondence Lens Crafters initiated towards first complaint made with BBB) Lens Crafters made me believe they were sincerely apologetic and took ownership over complaint, they even urged me to give them another chance by providing an open invitation to visit their stores.

Sure enough my glasses purchased in December were cracked, I went to their NJ East Hanover store for an exchange. I waited an hour only to have a manager inform me I can’t be serviced and that I will be receiving further correspondence from corporate... (how can a business retaliate for providing feedback to BBB like this). A few days later I received a cease and desist letter stating I’m no longer allowed to do business with any of their stores or online to include all brands associated with Luxottica???

Adding insult to injury my wife who was already humiliated during the first ordeal was also effectively blacklisted in a similar fashion? I called Lens Crafters and spoke to their HQ (same number below) and was told this was not the case. Three days after speaking with Lens Crafters HQ a UPS urgent package came referencing the same letter addressed to my wife and I? It’s inconceivable to have a company this awful and rotten be allowed to operate in our great nation.

I took liberty of looking at other customer reviews through ConsumerAffairs, no surprise out of 369 reviews company received a one star rating. (please see below) https://www.consumeraffairs.com/eyeglasses/lenscrafters.html. End result I paid for insurance which was not honored by Lens Crafters and Luxottica being their parent company based on a one year assurance. I also wasted close to two hours to try to file claim and replace glasses at their store only to be kicked out and be humiliated once again?

Original review: April 13, 2018

Gold rim discontinued Ray bans. I only owned the 200$ glasses for about two years and barely wore them. Well the lens just fell out one day riding my motorcycle. I sent them in and I couldn't find my tracking info. Well they said I was sol. After I found my tracking info they came back the next day with, "It's not a defect!!!" Well what do you call a pair of 200 dollar glasses just falling apart (ungluing).

Original review: Feb. 23, 2018

I was surprised when I went on here to offer review, and - well, guess it doesn't matter because everyone gave them a 1 star. Persol (first pair I've gotten) 2747 S version - and they never fit right and seemed to just be awkward on face. One day the top rim over the lens just broke, and lens fell out. Lucky I caught it. Sent pictures, explanation, etc. and only wanted that cheap frame. I'll put old lenses in. Their COGS must be like $20 on that... but nope, they said they would repair for $179 - GMAFB. Never again, wouldn't buy these. Just super cheaply made (I don't care if Italians made them, I'm Italian and embarrassed for them). Moving on to another supplier.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

I placed an order for sunglasses which they had told me would arrive in a few days. Needless to say, they never arrived. I was under the impression due to their prices they were a reputable company; however, it couldn't be further from the truth. After calling customer service, they informed me that my order was on "delayed status." I questioned them as to why I hadn't been notified of this to which their response was: "we don't have to." I subsequently requested to cancel the product that hadn't yet shipped and a full refund. They responded they could not do so. They began stating that their Warehouse had moved and it has been impacting orders. They continuously repeated that they do not have to inform their customers of any issues regarding the sale. This has been a horrible experience and I will never shop nor recommend this brand to anyone!

Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

Bought a new pair of Ray Ban Aviator sunglasses on Ebay several years ago. The paint is coming off the metal frames in several places. Product is out of very limited warranty. For expensive glasses, the product is a joke.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

Purchased a pair of Ray-ban sunglasses online and completed the transactions successfully. But I am not getting any confirmation email nor status of shipments thereafter. I cannot login using my valid email address. Called customer support line and she tells me they are moving the warehouse and having technical problem with order status and confirmation emails and promised send me confirmation email shortly. Never got this either. Received the glasses few days later and it was too small and trying to return now. Still cannot find my order online where online instruction is telling me to print the return label form and called customer support again and this time, it's telling me to call back because none of the customer support is available. What's happening here?

Original review: Dec. 30, 2017

I did file a warranty claim for my Rayban sunglasses cause the lenses start to peel. Luxottica did approve the claim. Unfortunately because my sunglasses were discontinued; Luxottica offer me a comparable/exchange of the same brand at the retail value of my original eyewear. Until here everything looks great and make sense. Well when it is too good to be true...

The model of the Rayban that I choose is not in their inventory according to Luxottica. It’s been a month that I am waiting and always when I called it is the same response: “Sorry your glasses are on back order!!!” Luxottica don’t have any access to its inventory so why they have a warranty on a product if they cannot order another one or even know when it will be available. I did emailed them. Also calling many times but always the same response!!! By the way they requested my damage glasses to be sent first before sending new one. My glasses were received by Luxottica. What a shame for a company such as Luxottica that is known worldwide dealing with customers like that!!!

Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

Bought RayBan semi rim eyeglasses RB8412 in end of November 2017 paid over 210 eu. After 15 days frame on right side over the lens split itself in half. Contacted RB site. They told me to ask for warranty with my retailer. Did that. They sent frame to Luxottica (and then we exchanged few emails) which claimed that everything is perfectly normal with frame and that it requires ''working space''. When I asked them why does it only need working space on 1 half of frame I was left unanswered. Warranty declined.

Looked over several same frames in Serbia where I am from and they all have more or less defect on right side of frame above lens. Now I am looking at same frames in Germany and none of over 10 I am holding in hand has same defect. Definitely company whose products you should avoid in wide range considering they are obviously having same prices and different quality depending on market. Finally the store itself agreed to purchase me new frame and I have to wait for it 6 weeks, I truly hope that it will be of same low end quality with same faulty defect that I can then use for further legal affairs. IF POSSIBLE AVOID. IF NOT GO BLIND!

Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

I ordered a pair of glasses for a Christmas gift a week before Christmas because it was estimated to be DELIVERED on the 12/19. When didn’t show up and I didn’t get an email I called them and they said we never processed the order until Monday and I was promised that the order would ship out on the 19th for delivery on the 20th, and if not it would ship out on the 20th for delivery on the 21st. Still have not received my order. I call them and they tell me they might be able to ship it within the next 24 hours so I demanded that they cancel the order, they refuse and tell me it’s too far along in the processing! (but you just told me it never left the warehouse and still waiting to be picked) Rip off company. Better luck with Amazon.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

I bought a new pair on sunglasses during a sale. The pair I received was damaged on one side, so I called the company asking for an exchange. I actually really disliked the lens color as it was too light (polarized), so I asked if they could give me sunglasses with the darker polarized lenses (same price as the ones I had ordered before). They would not do it, said I had to get a refund and make a completely different order (no more sale for the same glasses at this time). I decided to buy from Sunglass Hut instead because they gave me a student discount and the price ended up being the same. If Luxottica group had simply taken back the defective glasses and sent me the same ones, but with different colored lenses I would have given them my money. They wanted to make things difficult, so I ordered from a different company. Not a good way to keep customers Luxottica!

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

SCAM!!! Luxottica, I bought a pair of RayBan's. Sent them in for repair under warranty. They won't. $75.00 to repair them. Luxottica is a rip off. Don't buy anything from them... They will Rip you off.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

The temple on my Oakley sunglasses broke. After many attempts to file a claim and actually make contact with someone at Luxottica I was told that my frames were discontinued (naturally) and the best they could do for me was sell me new ones at a discount. I chose to use framemender.com instead. They were great. I sent them my glasses and in less than a week I had them back. The repair has a lifetime guarantee and the cost was $50.00 instead of $300.00. Stay away from all Luxottica products if you possibly can.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

My son purchased a pair of RayBan for me for Christmas. I had a problem with the nose guard and ear guard falling off and found Luxottica's website for warranty information. It stated that I should go to the retailer where they were purchased. I did that and was told that they did not handle anything regarding repairs or warranty and that I should just buy a new pair. Seriously, when you spent $200 on a pair of sunglasses, why would I expect to take advantage of the warranty? I then went to the website and called and was told to do a claim on their website. I did that. I got no response as far as a confirmation so I called a few days later. I was then told the website did not work and to email the same information. I did that, still nothing. I then got an email stating that I needed to fill out a warranty claim form that was attached and to send in pictures (3rd time). I did that, still no response.

I called and was told they had no information from any of my contact. They finally located it and said no parts were available and to once again send information to that agent. Oh my Lord! She then told me on the phone they would be sending me a new pair since they could not repair once I sent her the requested information AGAIN. Last response was that she would send to a technician and a new pair would be waiting for me once I got back from vacation. I have been back from vacation for 10 days now and called again. This agent told me that nobody told me I would get a new pair and "did I have documentation?". No, guess I should have recorded the call. He said the technician denied my repairs yet could not provide any details, and they had sent me a PayPal invoice to order parts (the ones I was told did not exist). I never received a PayPal communication.

I asked for a supervisor to review my call I had with the agent Marbella. I am sure I will never hear back, never get my glasses fixed but can absolutely guarantee I will not purchase any glasses that have any connection with Luxottica. At the least, when you purchase a product, the company should stand behind them and make some sort of minimal attempt to ensure the consumer has a pleasant experience and repair their product they boast to warranty.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

I had a similar terrible experience as described by other reviewers: June 2017 sent Prada sunglasses in, paid $30 via PayPal - 9/6/17 received broken glasses with a lens floating around, I guess this is a DIY establishment. RIDICULOUS company - these people are so pathetic, they would have to work really hard to be as unprofessional and fraudulent as they are.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2017

I placed an order in June of 2017 and was promised a delivery date of two weeks. When the lenses never arrived, I had to call and email to receive a response, in which they said they were back ordered and would be two more weeks. By the end of August when I still had not received the lenses or any sort of communication from their company, I had to email multiple times (with no response) and finally managed to get a rep on the phone who confirmed they had placed the order wrong, and put the wrong home address (not my problem). Now they claim they cannot expedite or provide any make-good, and I'm back at square one hoping the order was placed and will arrive in two more weeks. Furthermore their representative was lackadaisical. DO NOT recommend ever doing business with this company, and have reached out to Tiffany & Co. (the makers of my glasses who recommended them for lens replacement) to let them know of this experience.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

I am writing in regards to the awful way Ray-Ban have handled my faulty order and the lack of effort to correct plus bad communication with me. Placed an order for glasses on the 21/06. I received my order on the 26/06. I opened the glasses out of the box, one of the lenses was sticking out of the frame. Would also click in and out of place making a noise. A lack of quality control. Following day I called their warranty helpline and explained the faulty glasses. A man advised to send them back and they would issue a replacement straight away. The next day I shipped the glasses back to Ray-Ban, just to confirm, I rang their helpline again to check how long it would be until I received my replacement, the man advised 7 days.

7 days later I still had not received my replacement, so I called up the helpline again and was advised the faulty glasses had been received and that I would have the replacement by 10 days, not 7. I waited a further 10 days and the glasses still had not arrived, so AGAIN, I called helpline, this time I was advised that it was 14 days for a replacement to arrive and not 10. I mentioned that I had been told a variety of stories and I was getting upset, the female adviser said that if the glasses were not here by 14 days, to give them a call and I would get a goodwill gesture like a free case.

14 days, still no glasses, called up again, this time started getting names. I spoke to a girl named Jenny, Jenny only now on my 4th call started an investigation. After a couple more days I received an email advising replacement would arrive 24/07. I emailed Jenny to ask why the delay and how I would go about the free case, no reply. Replacement arrived 24/07. I rang Ray-Ban and spoke to Beth to make a complaint, she said a manager would contact me the next day to explain and assist. No manager called and still no reply email. Ray-Ban have not only taken a month to get my order to me, but also made it impossible for me to make a complaint!

Original review: July 31, 2017

I purchased Tailback Sunglasses this year at Lenscrafters in Kingston, Massachusetts. The noseguard (small plastic piece attached to the frame) fell off so I inquired through Lenscrafters about replacing the part. Lenscrafters said that it was very difficult to get replacement parts through Luxottica. I could not understand this because a noseguard is such a simple part - and should be very easy to replace. Lenscrafters suggested that I contact Luxottica myself and provided me with a customer service number. I got a major run around and finally emailed Luxottica's customer care. Customer care is a total misnomer for this company.

I've had several chains of email and then finally one that arrived today to say that the warranty does not cover noseguards!!! I would like a full refund for these glasses because I cannot use them with a missing noseguard. I would appreciate advice on how to get a refund. I will never purchase Oakley glasses again, nor will I do any business with Luxottica Group/RayBan. They epitomize poor customer service.

Original review: July 27, 2017

Absolute worst customer service I have ever experienced in my life. I'm appalled so many reputable companies go through them for their parts. I ordered new lenses for my ray bans in the beginning of June and after a month waiting for my lenses, I called Luxottica again to see where they were and the woman said she couldn't tell me where my lenses were but that she would have to re-order them and I'd have to wait again. When I asked to speak to a supervisor, she said she'd have one call me in the next 24-48 hours. I never got a call… so I called again and once again the lady said she'd have a supervisor call me in 24-48 hours... guess what? NO CALL. Then my lenses arrive and they are the WRONG lenses. So I call again and all the woman says to me is she'll have a supervisor call me in 24-48 hours. And guess what? That's right, no phone call. Luxottica you are the worst business. Thanks for nothing.

Original review: July 14, 2017

I am highly disappointed by sunglasshut.com and will advise anyone looking to buy sunglasses not to buy from here. These people do not care about customer's money. I had worst experience during my transaction with sunglasshut.com. I made a purchase of sunglass at website worth 400+$ using 4 gift cards and credit card. Now, when I did not like the product and returned, I was told (multiple times) that I would be paid back the same way I used during transaction. To my surprise, sunglasshut turned all the amount from 4 gift cards into one gift card.

When I requested them multiple times to give it in multiple cards as I used to pay, I was given a clear NO. I was thinking to use small amount gift-cards as gifts to my friends or siblings but now I am stuck with one big 400$ gift card, which I do not have intention to use. Moreover, one can't use this gift card to buy another gift card. They do not seem to understand customer's point. I simply requested them to pay me the same way, I used to do the transaction. Nothing more and nothing less. But now I have made my mind to never visit this cheap website and advise anyone reading this that there are multiple options available better than this website. I read lot of bad reviews earlier too but I ignored and thought it's all exaggerated and now, I, myself has become a victim.

Luxottica Group/RayBan Company Information