Luxottica Group/RayBan

Luxottica Group/RayBan

Milan, Italy

Last updated: April 13, 2018

203 Luxottica Group/RayBan Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 13, 2018

Gold rim discontinued Ray bans. I only owned the 200$ glasses for about two years and barely wore them. Well the lens just fell out one day riding my motorcycle. I sent them in and I couldn't find my tracking info. Well they said I was sol. After I found my tracking info they came back the next day with, "It's not a defect!!!" Well what do you call a pair of 200 dollar glasses just falling apart (ungluing).

Original review: Feb. 23, 2018

I was surprised when I went on here to offer review, and - well, guess it doesn't matter because everyone gave them a 1 star. Persol (first pair I've gotten) 2747 S version - and they never fit right and seemed to just be awkward on face. One day the top rim over the lens just broke, and lens fell out. Lucky I caught it. Sent pictures, explanation, etc. and only wanted that cheap frame. I'll put old lenses in. Their COGS must be like $20 on that... but nope, they said they would repair for $179 - GMAFB. Never again, wouldn't buy these. Just super cheaply made (I don't care if Italians made them, I'm Italian and embarrassed for them). Moving on to another supplier.

Get expert buying tips about Eyeglasses Online delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

Bought a new pair of Ray Ban Aviator sunglasses on Ebay several years ago. The paint is coming off the metal frames in several places. Product is out of very limited warranty. For expensive glasses, the product is a joke.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

Purchased a pair of Ray-ban sunglasses online and completed the transactions successfully. But I am not getting any confirmation email nor status of shipments thereafter. I cannot login using my valid email address. Called customer support line and she tells me they are moving the warehouse and having technical problem with order status and confirmation emails and promised send me confirmation email shortly. Never got this either. Received the glasses few days later and it was too small and trying to return now. Still cannot find my order online where online instruction is telling me to print the return label form and called customer support again and this time, it's telling me to call back because none of the customer support is available. What's happening here?

Original review: Dec. 30, 2017

I did file a warranty claim for my Rayban sunglasses cause the lenses start to peel. Luxottica did approve the claim. Unfortunately because my sunglasses were discontinued; Luxottica offer me a comparable/exchange of the same brand at the retail value of my original eyewear. Until here everything looks great and make sense. Well when it is too good to be true...

The model of the Rayban that I choose is not in their inventory according to Luxottica. It’s been a month that I am waiting and always when I called it is the same response: “Sorry your glasses are on back order!!!” Luxottica don’t have any access to its inventory so why they have a warranty on a product if they cannot order another one or even know when it will be available. I did emailed them. Also calling many times but always the same response!!! By the way they requested my damage glasses to be sent first before sending new one. My glasses were received by Luxottica. What a shame for a company such as Luxottica that is known worldwide dealing with customers like that!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Luxottica Group?

Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

Bought RayBan semi rim eyeglasses RB8412 in end of November 2017 paid over 210 eu. After 15 days frame on right side over the lens split itself in half. Contacted RB site. They told me to ask for warranty with my retailer. Did that. They sent frame to Luxottica (and then we exchanged few emails) which claimed that everything is perfectly normal with frame and that it requires ''working space''. When I asked them why does it only need working space on 1 half of frame I was left unanswered. Warranty declined.

Looked over several same frames in Serbia where I am from and they all have more or less defect on right side of frame above lens. Now I am looking at same frames in Germany and none of over 10 I am holding in hand has same defect. Definitely company whose products you should avoid in wide range considering they are obviously having same prices and different quality depending on market. Finally the store itself agreed to purchase me new frame and I have to wait for it 6 weeks, I truly hope that it will be of same low end quality with same faulty defect that I can then use for further legal affairs. IF POSSIBLE AVOID. IF NOT GO BLIND!

Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

I ordered a pair of glasses for a Christmas gift a week before Christmas because it was estimated to be DELIVERED on the 12/19. When didn’t show up and I didn’t get an email I called them and they said we never processed the order until Monday and I was promised that the order would ship out on the 19th for delivery on the 20th, and if not it would ship out on the 20th for delivery on the 21st. Still have not received my order. I call them and they tell me they might be able to ship it within the next 24 hours so I demanded that they cancel the order, they refuse and tell me it’s too far along in the processing! (but you just told me it never left the warehouse and still waiting to be picked) Rip off company. Better luck with Amazon.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

I bought a new pair on sunglasses during a sale. The pair I received was damaged on one side, so I called the company asking for an exchange. I actually really disliked the lens color as it was too light (polarized), so I asked if they could give me sunglasses with the darker polarized lenses (same price as the ones I had ordered before). They would not do it, said I had to get a refund and make a completely different order (no more sale for the same glasses at this time). I decided to buy from Sunglass Hut instead because they gave me a student discount and the price ended up being the same. If Luxottica group had simply taken back the defective glasses and sent me the same ones, but with different colored lenses I would have given them my money. They wanted to make things difficult, so I ordered from a different company. Not a good way to keep customers Luxottica!

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

SCAM!!! Luxottica, I bought a pair of RayBan's. Sent them in for repair under warranty. They won't. $75.00 to repair them. Luxottica is a rip off. Don't buy anything from them... They will Rip you off.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

The temple on my Oakley sunglasses broke. After many attempts to file a claim and actually make contact with someone at Luxottica I was told that my frames were discontinued (naturally) and the best they could do for me was sell me new ones at a discount. I chose to use framemender.com instead. They were great. I sent them my glasses and in less than a week I had them back. The repair has a lifetime guarantee and the cost was $50.00 instead of $300.00. Stay away from all Luxottica products if you possibly can.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

My son purchased a pair of RayBan for me for Christmas. I had a problem with the nose guard and ear guard falling off and found Luxottica's website for warranty information. It stated that I should go to the retailer where they were purchased. I did that and was told that they did not handle anything regarding repairs or warranty and that I should just buy a new pair. Seriously, when you spent $200 on a pair of sunglasses, why would I expect to take advantage of the warranty? I then went to the website and called and was told to do a claim on their website. I did that. I got no response as far as a confirmation so I called a few days later. I was then told the website did not work and to email the same information. I did that, still nothing. I then got an email stating that I needed to fill out a warranty claim form that was attached and to send in pictures (3rd time). I did that, still no response.

I called and was told they had no information from any of my contact. They finally located it and said no parts were available and to once again send information to that agent. Oh my Lord! She then told me on the phone they would be sending me a new pair since they could not repair once I sent her the requested information AGAIN. Last response was that she would send to a technician and a new pair would be waiting for me once I got back from vacation. I have been back from vacation for 10 days now and called again. This agent told me that nobody told me I would get a new pair and "did I have documentation?". No, guess I should have recorded the call. He said the technician denied my repairs yet could not provide any details, and they had sent me a PayPal invoice to order parts (the ones I was told did not exist). I never received a PayPal communication.

I asked for a supervisor to review my call I had with the agent Marbella. I am sure I will never hear back, never get my glasses fixed but can absolutely guarantee I will not purchase any glasses that have any connection with Luxottica. At the least, when you purchase a product, the company should stand behind them and make some sort of minimal attempt to ensure the consumer has a pleasant experience and repair their product they boast to warranty.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

I had a similar terrible experience as described by other reviewers: June 2017 sent Prada sunglasses in, paid $30 via PayPal - 9/6/17 received broken glasses with a lens floating around, I guess this is a DIY establishment. RIDICULOUS company - these people are so pathetic, they would have to work really hard to be as unprofessional and fraudulent as they are.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2017

I placed an order in June of 2017 and was promised a delivery date of two weeks. When the lenses never arrived, I had to call and email to receive a response, in which they said they were back ordered and would be two more weeks. By the end of August when I still had not received the lenses or any sort of communication from their company, I had to email multiple times (with no response) and finally managed to get a rep on the phone who confirmed they had placed the order wrong, and put the wrong home address (not my problem). Now they claim they cannot expedite or provide any make-good, and I'm back at square one hoping the order was placed and will arrive in two more weeks. Furthermore their representative was lackadaisical. DO NOT recommend ever doing business with this company, and have reached out to Tiffany & Co. (the makers of my glasses who recommended them for lens replacement) to let them know of this experience.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

I am writing in regards to the awful way Ray-Ban have handled my faulty order and the lack of effort to correct plus bad communication with me. Placed an order for glasses on the 21/06. I received my order on the 26/06. I opened the glasses out of the box, one of the lenses was sticking out of the frame. Would also click in and out of place making a noise. A lack of quality control. Following day I called their warranty helpline and explained the faulty glasses. A man advised to send them back and they would issue a replacement straight away. The next day I shipped the glasses back to Ray-Ban, just to confirm, I rang their helpline again to check how long it would be until I received my replacement, the man advised 7 days.

7 days later I still had not received my replacement, so I called up the helpline again and was advised the faulty glasses had been received and that I would have the replacement by 10 days, not 7. I waited a further 10 days and the glasses still had not arrived, so AGAIN, I called helpline, this time I was advised that it was 14 days for a replacement to arrive and not 10. I mentioned that I had been told a variety of stories and I was getting upset, the female adviser said that if the glasses were not here by 14 days, to give them a call and I would get a goodwill gesture like a free case.

14 days, still no glasses, called up again, this time started getting names. I spoke to a girl named Jenny, Jenny only now on my 4th call started an investigation. After a couple more days I received an email advising replacement would arrive 24/07. I emailed Jenny to ask why the delay and how I would go about the free case, no reply. Replacement arrived 24/07. I rang Ray-Ban and spoke to Beth to make a complaint, she said a manager would contact me the next day to explain and assist. No manager called and still no reply email. Ray-Ban have not only taken a month to get my order to me, but also made it impossible for me to make a complaint!

Original review: July 31, 2017

I purchased Tailback Sunglasses this year at Lenscrafters in Kingston, Massachusetts. The noseguard (small plastic piece attached to the frame) fell off so I inquired through Lenscrafters about replacing the part. Lenscrafters said that it was very difficult to get replacement parts through Luxottica. I could not understand this because a noseguard is such a simple part - and should be very easy to replace. Lenscrafters suggested that I contact Luxottica myself and provided me with a customer service number. I got a major run around and finally emailed Luxottica's customer care. Customer care is a total misnomer for this company.

I've had several chains of email and then finally one that arrived today to say that the warranty does not cover noseguards!!! I would like a full refund for these glasses because I cannot use them with a missing noseguard. I would appreciate advice on how to get a refund. I will never purchase Oakley glasses again, nor will I do any business with Luxottica Group/RayBan. They epitomize poor customer service.

Original review: July 27, 2017

Absolute worst customer service I have ever experienced in my life. I'm appalled so many reputable companies go through them for their parts. I ordered new lenses for my ray bans in the beginning of June and after a month waiting for my lenses, I called Luxottica again to see where they were and the woman said she couldn't tell me where my lenses were but that she would have to re-order them and I'd have to wait again. When I asked to speak to a supervisor, she said she'd have one call me in the next 24-48 hours. I never got a call… so I called again and once again the lady said she'd have a supervisor call me in 24-48 hours... guess what? NO CALL. Then my lenses arrive and they are the WRONG lenses. So I call again and all the woman says to me is she'll have a supervisor call me in 24-48 hours. And guess what? That's right, no phone call. Luxottica you are the worst business. Thanks for nothing.

Original review: July 14, 2017

I am highly disappointed by sunglasshut.com and will advise anyone looking to buy sunglasses not to buy from here. These people do not care about customer's money. I had worst experience during my transaction with sunglasshut.com. I made a purchase of sunglass at website worth 400+$ using 4 gift cards and credit card. Now, when I did not like the product and returned, I was told (multiple times) that I would be paid back the same way I used during transaction. To my surprise, sunglasshut turned all the amount from 4 gift cards into one gift card.

When I requested them multiple times to give it in multiple cards as I used to pay, I was given a clear NO. I was thinking to use small amount gift-cards as gifts to my friends or siblings but now I am stuck with one big 400$ gift card, which I do not have intention to use. Moreover, one can't use this gift card to buy another gift card. They do not seem to understand customer's point. I simply requested them to pay me the same way, I used to do the transaction. Nothing more and nothing less. But now I have made my mind to never visit this cheap website and advise anyone reading this that there are multiple options available better than this website. I read lot of bad reviews earlier too but I ignored and thought it's all exaggerated and now, I, myself has become a victim.

Original review: July 2, 2017

I bought a RayBan Polarized Sunglasses from the City Centre2, Rajarat, Major Arterial Road, Action Area IID, New Town, Kolkata, West Bengal 700159 on 23/08/2015. Now polarized coating fully damaged. I can't use the sunglasses. I request you to look into the matter. Thank you.

Original review: June 19, 2017

I literally have never had a bigger headache ordering something in my life! I called to order a pair of replacement lenses for my Ray-Ban Aviator RB3025. I ordered the blue flash lenses and waited the 14 business days without any tracking number. It was explained to me that you could not receive a tracking number since your item is being shipped from Italy! (In the midst of all this I also ordered a new pair of aviators from Ray-Ban which did come with a tracking number and also came from Italy! So it wasn't true what they told me.)

Needless to say my order from Luxottica never arrived so I called back and after about a week of going back-and-forth over the phone and email I finally got a second pair ordered at no additional cost only to receive the wrong color today! So when I called back once again, I get the runaround that I have to wait for a supervisor to call me back between 24 to 48 hours. The gentleman on the phone, Marcus, would not even take my original order number just the second one which clearly they ordered the wrong lenses the second time around and I believe he can only see that by taking my original order number!!

This is such a huge company and almost every major eyewear company uses them for their warranty and spare parts and it gave me such a bad taste in my mouth! I just decided to turn around and pay an extra $10 and order them from Amazon and I will have them in the next two days with a tracking number!!! I strongly advise against using this company and would pay the extra few dollars going with Amazon if it's possible for what you need. I wish I would have came to this website first and read all of the reviews because every last one of them I have found to be true. Don't waste your time with Luxottica. Their customer service is absolutely awful.

Original review: May 25, 2017

First of all I'm reviewing my experience because I saw a lot of bad reviews about this company, so I have to tell my story. The only problem I had was every time I called I had to wait almost an hour for someone to answer, but as soon as an assistant picks up the phone, they are polite and super professional. I had a pair of Prada sunglasses which I bought a year ago or so, one of the metal studs fell off and they were horrible because it was right above the eye, so I made a complaint through the portal, uploaded the photos and the next day I received an email saying that they were covered by warranty and that I could choose another model free of charge.

The first two models I chose weren't available and I ended up getting the most expensive sunglasses they had. The experience was already good because I was getting a new pair of sunglasses. The problem was that I was going to move to a new country and I had less than 5 days to send the damaged pair and receive the new one. I paid $20 so that my damaged pair of sunglasses were received the next day and called the company asking if they could send it fast. After 2 days I got my new pair of sunglasses. The process took not even a week! I'm very pleased and couldn't be happier with the customer service!!!

Original review: May 21, 2017

My brand new Ray Ban sunglasses snapped. After jumping through all of the hoops required to have them repaired under the warranty (designed, it seems, to try to keep people from even bothering), I finally sent them in. I got an email saying it would cost me almost $40. I told them no, so they sent them back. I went to a local repair shop and they fixed them in 30 seconds for free. The shop actually has a sign on their door saying they refuse to change the lenses for Ray Bans because the frames snap too easily. Luxottica is a rip off.

Original review: May 21, 2017

I am writing this after going through a really bad experience buying RayBan sunglasses through a Sunglass Hut at (18 West Lightcap Rd #1035, Pottstown, PA 19464). In May 2017, I broke my glasses and visited a nearby Sunglass Hut store in Texas for replacement. She asked me for a receipt so that she can check if I am eligible for 50% off on any new glass purchase because I am already a Rayban customer.

Since I didn't have a receipt, I called the (18 West Lightcap Rd #1035, Pottstown, PA 19464) store requesting for a receipt. In here, the store manager pulled up my information using my last name and told me that I was not eligible for any offers at this time since the warranty on the glasses expired and asked me to prove that I am their customer. I told that I still have the card used for purchase if that can help prove it but she was rude in answering back that she didn't have time to discuss this matter more since she is super busy.

As per the Rayban customer site, the warranty shows that warranty exists for 2 years and I am pretty sure that I purchased this glass in 2015 August and still should be in warranty. The manager in the store is not ready to cooperate issuing me duplicate receipt and challenging me back that I have to prove her that I am her customer in this store where I purchased the glasses. I can do that using my credit card used. Is there anything I can do to get help and support on my case.

Original review: May 17, 2017

Spring hinge on my prescription glasses temple arm came un-soldered when opening. This is my second pair of Versace that this has happened to. Both glasses were cared for and were just over a year old when it happened. I first went into Lenscrafters who told me that I needed to speak with Versace for any warranty claims. I asked if they meant Luxottica and got a blank stares back as if I was speaking a foreign language and reconfirmed I needed to speak with Versace, and provided me with the model numbers I would need for my glasses. Ironically after reaching out to Versace, they recommended I contact Lenscrafters.

I did a quick search online and found the Luxottica express claim website. I was excited to see a response within 2 days in my junk inbox. Sadly the response was they were unable to read the code on my glasses and said I would need to send them the original receipt. I quickly responded back letting them know I did no longer had a copy, however here is the model number and information I was provided at the store (even though this information was also provided during my original submission).

7 days went by and I hadn't received a response back so thought I'd try reaching out via phone. It took 44 minutes of waiting on hold for a rep to answer. After asking her for my claim status, she confirmed my information and said that the claim was denied due to accidental damage - with a date that was 1 day prior to the original email I had received requesting the proof of purchase. WHAT? After further discussion, she then went on to say my claim was denied due to quality of images and that I would need to send my glasses into them for inspection. Seeing as these are my only prescription glasses, I told her that wouldn't be an option for me.

She was able to provide me with a new option that allowed me to re-send a few images over to her via email - which were then forwarded to another department. I'm still waiting to see what the response after submitting new photos. No answer yet. Clearly the reps are trained on providing lies to the customer in order to push for mail-in support. After reading other responses, it appears that they make you pay a high shipping fee and place your card on file so that you're charged 50% MSPR if the glasses aren't covered - which I'm assuming is a rare occurrence. CRIMINAL.

Original review: May 15, 2017

I've worn nothing but Oakley Half Wire sunglasses for ~ 20 years. I recently (4/9/17/) had the ear stem fall off mine, and felt that based on multiple previous interactions with Oakley that I'd readily be able to get them repaired. Boy, was I mistaken. Over a month later, and Luxottica still has not responded to tell me where to send them and their procedure for non-warranty repair. I've submitted at least 5 emails via their website, and each is auto-acknowledged, stating I'd hear back from them in 2-4 business days. This is undoubtedly a non-warranty repair (Which I have advised them repeatedly), and I'm more than happy to pay for the repair. If Only. Sadly, a great company (Oakley) is now completely off my list for any future purchases. And that includes prescription frames. Avoid like the plague.

Original review: May 10, 2017

Well let me tell you that reading some of the other reviews of "Lux-not-ica", I am not surprised a bit! Between myself and my husband, we must own at least 15 pairs of Luxottica sunglasses, and I own one prescription pair. About three years ago I bought a pair of prescription Tory Burch glasses from Pearl Vision to the tune of $400.00 total. Last year one of the little gold emblems fell off of the side (Bad glue surely). Last week the other one fell off (It must have been too windy in my house).

I called Luxottica, which was a joke because they gave me two days worth of double talk that they manufacture the glasses but they don't have the parts. Huh? Ok, you make them but you don't have the parts - So who has the parts? Oh well we don't have them to give to you. Huh? Why can't you give them to me? Because we can't. Why? That would be a whole new pair of glasses. Oh, I just need the two little gold parts on the side, do you still make this pair of glasses? Yes, we make them. Oh, so someone takes the parts and assembles them right? Yeah. Ok so get two of the PARTS that YOU make, and for ** sakes give them to me!!! Um ma'am we can't do that... Uggggh I think I just died of frustration???

Original review: May 2, 2017

I placed an order of Ray-Ban sunglasses for 6 pairs of RayBan sunglasses on 5 April 2017. My account was charged immediately, but as of today, 2 May 2017... I still have not received my sunglasses. I have emailed the company several times, but they NEVER RESPOND!!! When placing, they have a policy that they clearly DO NOT honor because it stipulates that the order will be delivered within 7-10 business days. To this date, I have not heard from the company despite several emails being sent. I'm taking a leap of faith by contacting Customer Affairs, could you please resolve this issue, please! ASAP!!! Regards, Unhappy customer.

Original review: April 22, 2017

Have a RayBan for 1 year, notice the glass is peeling with white objects. Took my sunglass to Macy's, they said take it to RayBan. RayBan does not answer or warranty my sunglass. RayBan company is cheating consumers with such a expensive price. RayBan sunglasses should be $20.00. It does not have quality. They are fooling people to make money. Buy anything but RayBan. Fake warranty, false advertising.

Original review: April 21, 2017

I have been working on getting a pair of glasses replaced under warranty since December 28th, 2016; today is April 21st, 2017. They accepted the warranty claim in California, moved to Georgia, lost my claim. Re-established the claim but didn't put the claim through to actually send the glasses. A company that charges $400 for an item should have a higher quality of service. The staff is not very knowledgeable on how to process claims from start to finish; there have been 2 different times in this process where it just STOPPED and nobody reached out.

I was given e-mail addresses so I could reach out, with a promise that they would be in contact and didn't ever hear back from anyone. I have been calling back consistently because $400 is not something I'm going to give up on easily. I have been told TIME AND TIME AGAIN that this process only takes 2 weeks... well I'm going on 4 months now and I will NEVER buy another pair of sunglasses that has Luxottica Group for warranty fulfillment. This experience has been UNACCEPTABLE, EXCESSIVE, RIDICULOUS. WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EXPERIENCE EVER.

Original review: March 27, 2017

Submitted an email with 6 pictures of my Ray Ban Sunglasses to online Luxottica. Received an email response the NEXT day. Called the number on the email, selected replacement glasses and I was told that in "7-10 days" my glasses would arrive. To my surprise the glasses came within the 7-day timeframe, as promised! Contrary to popular belief... My experience leads me to believe that Luxottica, just might be a really good business that stands by their promise and honors their warranty Guarantee. I actually never expected any resolution, as all reviews were quite dismal. I am pleasantly surprised and my faith in Luxottica is renewed.

Original review: March 10, 2017

Ray-Ban Daddy-o - Rubber comes off frame and glasses are sticky. Can't use 2 years. Luxottica have not returned any correspondence from a complaint form. What a Shame, they are obviously not a very good company.

Luxottica Group/RayBan Company Information