Luxottica Group/RayBan

Milan, Italy

3.9/5 (253 ratings)

About Luxottica Group/RayBan

Luxottica Group/RayBan Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Luxottica Group/RayBan?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Luxottica Group?

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER! I have emailed and called regarding an order 5 times. Lenses sent were plastic instead of glass as the original placement, cost 80 USD. Polarization Treatment Started peeling, chipping and cracking and they refuse to cover the lenses under warranty. I cared for the lenses in all way. DO NOT Buy Ray Ban anymore. You can get better Mileage from a cheap pair of sunglasses as their product became garbage, Immondizia as us Italian say!!!! More embarrassing is an American company not standing behind their products, then they wonder Made in China Uhhhh.

Resolution response: Nov. 8, 2021

Update: After numerous calls and emails I got an e-mail saying "Thank you for your recent purchase at Ray-Ban.com. I would like to apologize because it appears there has been an error in our system and your order has not properly progressed. We have had to cancel that order for you and issue your refund. I am so very sorry for the inconvenience." - This is way better than the initial response but for a reputable company - not good enough!

Original review: Nov. 1, 2021

Ordered prescription sunglasses. Site stipulates prescription should be submitted after purchase. Contacted customer service the following day to give the prescription and was notified that the system shows the order to be non-prescription lenses. The order when placing it and the order details in their site clearly show prescription lenses were ordered (attached screen shots). It hasn't been 24 hrs and they still didn't process the order but they refuse to cancel or amend it. The best they had offered is to ship the faulty glasses and "allow me" to return it when I receive it and (hopefully) be refunded. This is bad business and worst customer service ever.

Get buying tips about Glasses Online delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2021

Although it felt a little unnerving to send in my Ray bans to be repaired and not receive a lot of updates throughout the process, the experience totally paid off. I was sent back what I believe to be a completely new pair of glasses, for no cost, since my repairs were covered under warranty. I suppose the brand thought a new pair given my request was justified or easier, which was very kind of them. The total process took about two weeks, which was faster than the site said (said it could take up to four weeks.). Overall I recommend the repair service and I am an even more loyal ray ban fan after this. Thank you!!

Original review: Aug. 12, 2021

I ordered frames online to be delivered to LensCrafters. The website says returns can be made at LensCrafters. NOT TRUE. The store will not accept return and say they have never been capable of accepting returns from online purchases.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2021

I’ve owned several pair of Ray Bans over the years and have had a good experience until now. If they are still offering their matte finish do NOT buy them. It’s some sort of rubberized coating that starts to deteriorate after a few months and become gooey and sticky. You can’t speak to any one in customer service but instead are forced to online chat with someone who can’t replace or help you. I asked what I could do to remove this stuff and salvage the glasses but received no answer.

Original review: July 29, 2021

I take good care of my eyes. When it comes to a pair of sunglasses, I'll make sure that I have the best. That's why I trust Ray ban. I've been using this brand since 1981 and I love it. I would highly recommend this brand to anyone because I know Ray ban won't let me down. The price is just right, design and quality is fantastic.

Original review: June 7, 2021

I feel compelled to leave a review for Ray-Ban before I throw these sunglasses IN THE TRASH. Several years ago, I purchased the RB4085 polarized sunglasses from a sunglasses specialty retailer in an upscale part of the city. I normally wouldn’t buy such expensive sunglasses, but I needed a pair, and wanted to see if these would hold up better than cheap ones. Well, they don’t.

Within two years, the nose pads fell off. I contacted Ray-Ban to see if they could send me a replacement pair of nose pads. I even told them I’d be glad to glue them on myself, since I really didn’t want to go through the hassle and expense of sending them into the company and be without them for several weeks, not to mention risking them getting lost in the mail, just for nose pads. However, Ray-Ban told me replacement parts were not sold individually, but that I could call customer service, if I wanted to, with the glasses model number, color and eye size, along with my credit card number!

Then not long after the nose pads came off, the coating started wearing off of the outside of the lenses which made it appear they were constantly dirty and affected the clarity of my vision. I always kept my sunglasses in the special sunglasses holder of my car and made sure to clean them with the provided microfiber lens cleaning cloth or other soft cloth. I contacted customer service again to be told they can’t refinish the lenses nor replace the lenses, but I could send them $200 to replace the glasses. Somewhere in the midst of all those issues, I went back to cheap discount store sunglasses and put the Ray-Bans in a drawer in my office to use in case of emergency.

Fast forward to this weekend. Another problem I've had with the Ray-Bans ever since I’ve had them is with one of the lenses falling out intermittently. However, I've always been able to put it back in and get the screw to stay in, at least for a while. Well this past weekend, I wore them to do some yard work for a couple hours and again, one of the lenses came out. I tried to put the screw that holds the lens back in, but there’s no slot on this tiny hex-head screw so you can screw it in with a glasses screwdriver, and there’s a special nut on the back I have no tool for, either.

So I’ve had all I can take with these glasses. At this point, they are going in the trash. I have cheap sunglasses that I've had for 20 years with no problems and feel these Ray-Bans should’ve lasted me a lot longer before starting to fall apart. I'm extremely disappointed that I spent this much for a product that’s supposed to be world class quality only to have the lenses fall out, the nose pads come off and the coating come off the lenses. If I was abusive to them, then I’d understand, but that’s not the case. I’m a middle-aged, responsible female who takes care of her possessions. I will never again be a Ray-Ban customer and will tell as many people as I can to avoid their products, as well.

Original review: May 20, 2021

Costa customer service is the worst excuse for a group of inept employees I’ve ever dealt with. After 6-weeks and three wrong prescription attempts, Costa FINALLY admitted they cannot make my prescription. This is after spending at least 30-hours of phone calls and e-mail attempts. I even went to LensCrafters to confirm my prescription and make notes on pupil distance and segment height, none of which were read by the Costa lab techs. So now after three failed orders, thousands of dollars spent, I am still getting the runaround. If you wear prescription glasses and are in need of prescription sunglasses, do yourself a favor and go anywhere except Costa/Luxottica. Their website doesn’t work correctly, they send you an empty transcript link that is supposed to detail your order history, their phone sales reps have zero ability to get your orders correctly placed, and their management has an “I don’t give a damn” attitude.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2021

I purchased my sun glasses model number RB 3386 001/13 63 13 3M a while ago. They have a round shape, so the legs inside touch the lenses and the polarization is peeling off. I submitted a claim to which I was answered that they did not considered it an issue due to defective material or workmanship...but we can fix them for an amount... of more than $130, (I don't have an access to the exact amount now because the so call “offer” to repair expired...)

I did not agree and did a second claim and again, this time they lower the amount to more than $70...still I don’t agree with this and are very disgusted with this answer and lack of customer service. The peeling of the polarization is clearly due to the design of the sunglasses, the legs should not touch the lenses causing the peeling of the polarization.... I was a good customer for years, always buying your brand but I really am upset and disappointed and don’t think I will buy from you again if I don’t get a good customer service regard the repair!

Original review: Dec. 7, 2020

I decided to sent my Ray Bans for a simple repair, they were missing the two small silver ovals from each side. I paid $70.00. Luxottica sent me a UPS label that was delivered on 9/18/2020. I have send several emails for an update. I have not received any response. At this point I don’t think I getting my sunglasses back or my money. Wish I had reviewed this company before sending my sunglasses to who knows where and losing an extra $70.00.

Luxottica Group/RayBan Company Information