Eyeglass World

Stars Rating

• 45%
  • 55%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Eyeglass World?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Eyeglass World?
    Customer ServicePunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed April 1, 2024

This is such a poorly managed store. I would behoove the powers to be to replace this guy. His wheelhouse seems NOT to be customer service, or helping staff....the staff is VERY unhappy working there, and it felt like they were very much trying to serve the customers. I have been in the business world for many years, and when most or all of the staff is miserable working with him: it is not a good sign. That means they are not being treated well.

And I have to say, the staff wants to give the customers good care, good service, and, when they have a question, he was no help at all. I was charged A LOT of money (well over 200.00), only to wait almost 2 weeks, and they were wrong prescription. They said it was MY fault that the eyeglasses did not fit, and that they needed 70.00+ more dollars! I paid and a few days later, I picked up the glasses, only to realize that they never made my glasses fit me. There was no "post eyeglass adjustment". But I was done. I aim to let everyone I know about this horrendous experience. You need to do something: this store is dying!

Reviewed March 29, 2024

When I went to pick up my two glasses, another person's name and address was on the paperwork. I’ve been unable to read fine print with both sets of glasses. Called first, was told to come into the store. Came into the store and explain my concerns, was ganged up on by four ** workers in the store. Stephanie told me she was the manager when the store across town said she wasn’t. They told me there’s nothing wrong with my glasses. I repeated that I’m unable to read and they basically told me to leave their store. I have been read the glasses since Nursery school, and never had this happen before. I am in someone else’s prescription as indicated on the paperwork, they refuse to rebuild my glasses, even though I have Lynn’s prescription on both sets.

I would warn others to not deal with these ruffians. I was foolish to know as a ** woman that I would have any rights at Eyeglass World. I’m now stuck with over $700 worth of glasses that I cannot see through to Read and they don’t give a **! DO NOT Buy glasses here. They don’t care if you can see or not. Call the store across town, found out that the manager was actually not the manager from that store and then they begin to treat me in the same fashion. So basically you’ll get into trouble if you discover their errors and they will not be humane about it, if I can see anyone this type of treatment, I will be saving someone from what I endure, and the money I lost out on thinking this was an eyeglass shop.

Reviewed Feb. 20, 2024

Came to get glasses in about an hour. Paid 800 and waited 1 week. They got all my info wrong. I had to call them. Doctor was very unapologetic. Insurance warned me. Out of network. Now I am warning you.

Customer ServiceSales & Marketing

Reviewed Jan. 3, 2024

I went to Eyeglass World store in Clearwater, FL on Monday 11/27/2023 and ordered one pair of eyeglasses. Rep assured they would be ready on Friday 12/01/2023. It is now 01/03/2024 and I still don't have the glasses. I am told they are on back order and they have no idea of when I will get them. This company has no customer service dept and as far as I am concerned they are nothing more than a scam operation. If you need glasses go somewhere else to a reputable company.

Reviewed June 10, 2023

My eyeglasses' orders were corrected after various calls back and forth, to and from other company employees until Ms. ** saw that my glasses had not left the store as other employees had promised. She did not rush me but listened patiently to my questions then explained thoroughly why I did not need anti-glare rather due to my astigmatism, I would need the reflective tint instead. She should be a manager in this Lemon Grove, San Diego, Ca location. She is very young but indeed very professional.. Thank you ms. **!!

Reviewed May 3, 2023

I am very grateful for having been able to have my glasses the same day to continue working. I have a medical condition that makes it impossible for me to work without them, and despite the fact that I was able to fill the prescription almost at the last moment of the afternoon, it was possible to have my glasses made the same day, thanks to Marcos at the Cape Coral store, Florida. Very professional and compassionate, he saw my need and helped me. The entire work team is very good but I want to highlight and thank Marcos in a very special way for his conduct, and for his help, without him today I would not be able to go to work. Thank you

PriceStaff

Reviewed Dec. 1, 2022

I went to Eyeglass World because my glasses had broken. The left arm broke. I also needed an exam and new glasses, anyway. The staff were incredibly kind, knowledgeable and considerate. Tina worked in the eye exam area. Amy and Ryan work out front with fitting lenses. These people were super delightful! I am a massage therapist and I do not work for or have any affiliation with Eyeglass World except for being a very happy customer. I went in and left in a better mood.

The exam was 69 I believe and I bought the least expensive frames which were 88. I read in another review that someone felt duped because they were charged a lot more than the exam fee and frame fee. Well, honestly that is everywhere in the USA. Customers need to expect that things add up (high definition, scratch resistant, etc and so forth) especially if one has an astigmatism. Overall, an awesome experience. The optometrist was really gregarious, professional and funny. Thanks!

Carol **

Reviewed Aug. 2, 2022

Everyone I dealt with was great from the receptionist in Dr. **'s office to sales Aretha and Lori on the sales floor. Aretha helped me pick out frames and lenses and Lori did the fittings. I would highly recommend the store in Pensacola, Florida.

PricePunctuality & SpeedProcess

Reviewed July 26, 2022

I purchased the 2 pair deal for $89 that really ended up being about $450 deal plus the cost of the exam. Not surprised, that's more the normal price. I've been wearing glasses for about 55 years now and the whole process was really normal and what I expected from past experiences. I paid for all the bells and whistles. The problem I have is that after about 6 months I noticed the lenses were very scratched up from normal wear. I went back and had them look at them and they agreed and replaces the lenses. I told them that I paid for all the extras and did not expect them to scratch so easily. They stated that they didn't charge me for scratch resistant lenses, and they don't offer that add on, which surprised me.

Anyway, here we are again 6-ish months later and the lenses are worse than before with normal cleanings that I have performed for the last several decades. My issue is obviously inferior lenses compared to all the several other lenses I've purchased in the past. The kicker here is that I worked in construction forever and past glasses took a beating. I'm retired now and these lenses are babied compared to all others I've owned. These are the worst lenses I've ever purchased.

Reviewed June 28, 2022

Beware if they run your credit card and then they tell you that their system is down and that the transaction didn't go through because it DID, they did that to me, when I picked up the glasses I was told that I still owed the full amount because my first payment didn't go through because “Their system was down.” Check recent transaction on that credit card because IT DID GO THROUGH when they said it didn't, I have documentation to prove it and they won't refund me the first transaction, I call that stealing, Karen the office Manager told me to file it under fraudulent transaction because there was nothing she could do about it.

Punctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed March 25, 2022

Jaden repaired my glasses quickly and correctly! He was so polite and worked with a smile on his face! If you need a repair job Jaden is your guy! He did an excellent job and I am recommending him for all of your needs!

Reviewed Dec. 1, 2021

Eye exam on 11/9/21. Said new glasses will be ready by 11/23/21. Called - was told glasses not ready, but will be by 11/26/21. I advised her that new glasses are needed before 12/1/21. Old ones are just too scratched up. 11/27/21 and 11/29/21 Called again - told glasses not here, also told -have not had time to go through all the boxes of glasses yet. 11/30/21 called again and after being told, "Your glasses are not here, need to go through all the boxes of glasses," I asked to speak with supervisor. My glasses were found.

Arrived to get glasses. I was handed my glasses at the customer service counter. I tried them, told her I did not think the bifocal is okay. The line seems really low. She just sat there looking at me. I said it 2 more times. No reply by her, she just looked at me. She was obviously not going to refer me to someone who would fit my new glasses to my face or help with the bifocal line. I asked if I owed any more money, she said no. I said guess I will just live with it and I left. Every time I called I was left on hold 3-5 minutes. Very poor customer service, would NOT recommend or go back.

CoveragePriceStaff

Reviewed Sept. 22, 2021

I needed to find a place that would be able to put new lenses in my frames, without sending my frames out for 2-3 weeks. Eyeglass World stated they could do this. Took my prescription in and they were extremely helpful. Able to order my lenses and my insurance covered almost the full price of the lenses, this has NEVER happened before. I will write another review when my lenses come in and I will see how they did in that regard. Will keep you all posted.

Reviewed Aug. 4, 2021

I felt compelled to write a review to praise the Clearwater EyeGlass World because of Lisa and Danielle. First of all I have been diagnosed with ‘Diabetic Retinopathy’. I have had my left eye operated on and get periodic shots in the right eye. I broke my progressives and they couldn’t be fixed. My retina specialist suggested I wait to invest in a new pair of glasses because my eyes are in transition. So I bought one pair so I could read and another for distance to save money. Frankly this solution was driving me crazy trying to keep up with taking them off and on.

I am a senior and on a fixed income and not being able to see well was enough stress. So I went to visit the Clearwater store. Lisa was so customer focused. She really tried to find the most reasonable solution for me. She took her time and was so kind. She then went to talk to Danielle and they gave me the glasses free of charge! I was so appreciative because my prescription is good till January, about four months from now. They have a lifelong customer. In this day and age where greed is the status quo I was pleasantly surprised.

Profile pic of the author.

Reviewed Aug. 2, 2021

Updated on 08/07/2021: This is the second part of my review. I received my glasses after 3 three weeks whereas I finally called them. They never called me to tell me my glasses were in. The first time I put them on my vision far away was blurry. They told me there could be a period of adjustment. After three days my headaches got worse and I started seeing double as if I was crossing my eyes. I returned them only to find out they didn't catch at my eye exam I needed prisms in them. My last 3 had them in it. Needless to say I returned them and wasted 4 weeks plus driving 1 hour each way only to not have new glasses. They offer to fix them with my optometrist prescription. Not gonna happen. Now I have to start all over again.

Original Review: I scheduled an appointment with Eyeglass world and they called me everyday for two weeks to remind me plus emails. I got my eyes checked and when I bought my glasses the amount came to $640. This is for two pairs but they said with one pair the price was the same. I waited three weeks for them to come in, (not the same day) as they state and finally called them to see if they had come in. They said, "Oh yea. Didn't anyone call you?" They have no problem calling you to make sure you come in for appt. I will update this review after picking them up. They charge for each lens separately. I will shop elsewhere.

Reviewed July 24, 2021

Once again I was fitted with the perfect pair of frames. Heather (Hodges and Beach) is the reason I continue to buy my glasses from this location. She suggested some frames I would never have tried on but absolutely loved them when I did. She is friendly as well as knowledgeable. Her fashion sense is something I rely on when trying to find just the right pair. Over the years she has helped me pick out 6 different frames…each one better than the last.

Verified purchase
    Sales & MarketingPriceStaff

Reviewed March 13, 2021

Dr. ** was great, professional and courteous. The best price advertised with no bait and switch. Updated equipment and testing. Premium frames available with lens options. They took my insurance AARP/United Healthcare. Overall a great experience without high cost. With my insurance I got out of there with 2 pairs and exam for under $65. Location was at 7470 West Bell Rd, Glendale, AZ.

Reviewed Feb. 26, 2021

I have a very severe astigmatism. I have never received such a well made pair of glasses. The customer service is as just simply outstanding. The only time I set foot in the office was to pick them up. I never wear my glasses outside my house. These, I wear proudly!

Verified purchase

Reviewed Dec. 14, 2020

Jody assisted mom in finding the perfect glasses and she did not try and add on or make mom purchase more than what mom wanted. We were very happy with the service and quality of the glasses. We will keep using Eyeglass World. Very pleased.

Reviewed Nov. 3, 2020

I have used Progressives for decades but I wanted to know in January if I should get separate glasses for distance and one for reading. OMG I never realized how much I would be switching them from one pair to the other. So I returned to my Progressives. Today I wanted to experiment with bifocals. The store associate, Katheryn (Katie) was an immense help. Where she excelled was in explaining the various options for Progressives. I'm going to try the bifocals but I'm excited that the Progressives and all of the options that we discussed might very well be something I may want to pursue next January. Thank you Katie!

Reviewed Sept. 7, 2020

Have used this co. for several years and have actually driven a lengthy distance just because of service. This has come to an abrupt halt not only with service and attitude but with product promises that are not adhered to. Promised one thing and then not followed through with. I will have been waiting for this years glasses for 27 days as a measuring mistake on their part. Ridiculous. I do not see myself returning to this office on Hodges blvd., Jacksonville, FL.

PriceStaff

Reviewed Aug. 24, 2020

Being my ex had taken my daughter to this place I already knew it was garbage. I take her to SVS and she has the correct prescription. Anytime he takes her, she ends up with the wrong prescription. She had her visit and even though the dr was leaning towards my daughter not needing glasses at all, he still said she should get reading glasses. Then the guy out front goes thru his whole spew and the price goes from 80 to $598. I laughed and asked if he was joking. Overall I spent a total of $65 for exam and $228 for 2 pair of glasses with transition and reflective whatever. We go to pick them up today... WRONG PRESCRIPTION!!!! THIS PLACE IS ABSOLUTE TRASH AND WILL NEVER GET OUR BUSINESS AGAIN.

Customer ServiceCoverageStaff

Reviewed March 10, 2020

On March 5, 2020, after a telephone conversation with Rebeca, one of the best professionals I have met in Eyeglass World and National Vision in Kissimmee, Florida decided to go to Eyeglass World to find out if they were UHC-AARP providers. Just talking to Rebeca motivated me to get there, when there are so many other excellent optics and closer to where I live. I hope the company have cameras to see with their own eyes and hidden microphones to listen too.

The first person who yelled at me when walking in: "Come here, what do you want" had its name badge upside down. When asking about Natalie, was obviously to let me know her name, because it was upside down and half hidden. Explain I had called and asked about the above said to which she proceeded to ask loudly who had spoken with me on the phone about the purpose of being there. Cordially, Rebecca agreed, attended and guided me wisely; according to my needs. Thank you very much Rebeca for your attention and professionalism.

After helping me to know about certain advances in technology that could benefit me according to my needs, I proceeded to go to the clinic because it was necessary for me to examine my vision coverage and know what would or wouldn’t cover me. Before examining with the optometrist, I showed my health insurance card, but since my insurance does not cover eyeglasses and their lenses, I decided to use the contact lens alternative, however, the manager who attended me didn’t told me that my vision plan would not cover the fitting, until after the study, when the manager inform me that I have to pay $ 80 because my insurance does not cover the fitting of multifocal contact lenses.

Service provided was paid, but first I call the insurance to ask how it was possible for a PPO plan not to approve that; debating on speakerphone between the parts the doctor clarified CL Fitting; in turn, UHC ~ AARP supervisor started an investigation due to the fact that this is covered to patients with HMO. However, and after having performed the rigorous study conducted by the doctor, I proceeded to request receipt, and my prescriptions regarding the payment of insurance and contact lenses fitting fees at that moment the manager provided everything, and after paid off took back my prescription for the contact lenses and refused to give it to me stating that they need to order them, which I knew already through the doctor.

Understanding the purpose to retain the paper, beg to handed to me which she did and gave back, after I took a pic to the unofficial/unsigned prescription for the lenses to be order which was something I paid for. Expecting to receive my legal prescription, thereafter will be when the doctor receives the lenses and realize the fitting. While on my cell phone line, waiting for the UHC supervisor, I request to the manager if it was possible to provide me with the Coach sunglasses model number, that I got there years ago to reorder them since are missing....

That was when the employee at National Vision that wears her Badge UPside Down? -> Nancy. Turned around to shout out to me from the National Vision Dept to the Optometry Clinic area were I was: “Malcriada” adjective that means: Naughty, Uncivil, Underbred, Insolent, Unmannerly, ill-bred. Is a person that intends to always do his/her will regardless of the convenience or opportunity of his/her actions. How ridiculous is that she dare to label me when she doesn’t know me.

I am a pharmacist with 30 years of service to the patients in need and someone who knows the dignity and respect with which every human being deserves to be treated regardless of race, social origin, nationality, language or religion because in God's eyes we are all equal. I treat remarks like that with the contempt that they deserve. So asked her “how you dared to be so disrespectful to a customer, I’m 65 years old, a Medicare and Social Security patient”. Ironically her answer was: “I’m going to call the police.” Not knowing that at the end of the day was the police officer the one that told me to report everything to Corporate. This employee is someone who will do everything she wants to do because nobody have any control over her actions or behaviour.

She continued with a casual unconstrained conversation talking about me out loud on my back trying to get involved in my medical issues and violating the HIPPA Law and my privacy as a patient. ...while still talking to the supervisor from UHC and identifying to her how unpleasant was my experience there after this ** insulted me. ... ** is a noun that means: (UNPLEASANT PERSON) an unkind or unpleasant woman that is not treating someone very well; not considering someone's feelings. Did she like that? She took a sip of her own medicine and she didn’t like it...

So start screaming and yelling at me “don’t call me like that.”-> Nancy and Gloria. My answer toward Nancy was: “I’m not speaking to you”. That was when she turned so sweet toward the manager to obtain her approval to lash out with a 911 call, and mentioned: “come on and kiss her butt” ???? Something that is usually said when a person is trying to provoke you with gossip or in response, to when a person is being outright rude. The root cause of gossip is almost always, without fail, jealousy. The more successful you are, the more attractive, the more kind, the more self-assured, the more people will gossip. They do it to try and bring you down. They do it to try and build themselves up, but so very sorry they picked the wrong person.

....In the meantime and upon my previous request the manager provided me with the model number of the glasses that I was wearing, and not for the Coach sunglasses requested. This was part of the customer service received by the manager, who was apparently interested in pleasing her disrespectful employee and preferred to devote very little of her time to provide at least mediocre customer service. It is shameful and unfortunate that a great company like Eyeglass World and National Vision has such employees working together with professionals optometrists, opticians and all the ones that have empathy to provide help to their patients every day. There is time for everything in life and apparently it is time to start cleaning the house and do without those employees.

Reviewed March 1, 2020

I recently made a purchase at the North Cattlemen store in Sarasota Fl - I want to thank the staff for their knowledge and professionalism during my visit - I especially want to thank the General Manager Crystal ** who truly understands the meaning of customer service - I highly recommend this location for your eye glass needs! Ron

Reviewed Feb. 12, 2020

I made a same day appointment online. When I got there, they said they had been having issues with their software canceling these online appointments. Consequently, they said they could still see me, but there may be a slight wait. The slight wait was only a couple of minutes! The eye doctor was playful and informative. The associate in the large area with the glasses was also very helpful and fun to joke with! You might call ahead to see if your insurance covers stuff, though. Overall, it was a busy environment, but everyone was so nice and I cannot wait to pick up my new glasses later this week!

Reviewed Jan. 21, 2020

Despite all the negative reviews on this site, my experience was totally positive. My eye exam was thorough, and complete using new state of the art machines, and a high definition photo was taken of each retina for comparison with future exams. The optometrist was competent and communicative describing what she was seeing. Based on her prescription I ordered two sets of glasses, which arrived in a week and fit me well. Super happy with my experience. And the store I visited was in the 30000 block of US 19 in Clearwater Florida.

Profile pic of the author.
    Customer ServiceInstallation & SetupPunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed Jan. 20, 2020

I called the number listed on their business card to set my appointment for my daughter and I. Whoever answered the phone was completely distracted, did not pay attention to any details I tried to give regarding which location I normally go to. She set my appointment for a completely different location and nobody sent me any confirmation of address even after they sent a text confirm of my appointment time. When my daughter and I show up to the appointment we were made aware that the appointment was not for my location that I normally go to and redirected me to the appointment confirmed at a different location only for me to call that location and they tell me that I can't be seen at all that my appointment was never confirmed, yet I was sent a text confirmation of not only my appointment but my daughters as well.

I am livid to have driven a half hour to nowhere on my day off. I will never use them again. I called to complain was placed on hold and whoever answered the phone never got back to me, I assume she was just waiting on me to shut up and hang up. They are completely unprofessional, and if they cannot manage to do something as simple as keep and set a proper appointment for a recurring customer, they do not deserve my business. I would never use them again. Train your staff and hire competent employees. If you use them, expect problems. You've been warned.

Reviewed Nov. 15, 2019

Bought 2 pairs of glasses after my prescription glasses were badly scratched after a fall, but too early for my regular ophthalmologist visit. At my regular visit I brought my Eyeglass World glasses. My ophthalmologist said they were the wrong prescription. Brought them back and explained I had bought the glasses in April, but my eye doctor said (in November) it was the wrong prescription (no wonder I couldn't see). Eyeglass World said because it was over a month, I would have to pay for new lenses. I walked out and will never EVER go back, nor will I EVER recommend this place to anyone.

CoverageStaff

Reviewed Nov. 13, 2019

Spent over $500 last year including 1 year insurance. Lost my glasses which is not covered so spent hundreds more and whey wanted me to pay for another 1 year insurance. NEVER buy their insurance. This year we find my VSP Vision insurance is OUT OF NETWORK. VSP is one of the largest insurance for vision. No wonder it costs so much being not in the network... not many follow vision coverage closely but we just had open enrollment. They lied again saying doctors offices are the only ones IN NETWORK. Not true, SVS and Pearle both are in network. Asked for my prescription and they said OK then went on to take care of other people. VERY DISHONEST.

Customer ServiceReliability

Reviewed Nov. 7, 2019

I tried Eyeglass world because I thought they might be lower priced. What I got was lower quality. After only 6 months, the coatings broke down and I could no longer use my glasses. Usually my glasses last three years or more. I have never, after 50 years of wearing glasses, had a problem like this. Eyeglass World was less than sympathetic and said that I should have cleaned my glasses more carefully. Hmmm. Well, the problem was not me, it was the poor quality of their product and even poorer customer service. Another optometry retailer looked at my glasses and said they were defective. Eyeglass world responded that I should have paid them for “insurance” which is kind of like extended warranty when there is no warranty in the first place. I have learned my lesson and will never, ever go back. Shame on you, Eyeglass World for being so short sighted.

Eyeglass World Company Information