Discover the right online glasses retailer now

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

1.20/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Bausch & Lomb Reviews

Original review: Sept. 21, 2019

Bausch & Lomb has several coupons out there. The first one I tried was strictly for use at Walgreens or a few local pharmacies for the product ** eye drops. Walgreens would not honor it, and they said they could not get it to work through their system. I called the 800 number and was told that it should have worked. The next coupon was called Bausch & Lomb Instant Savings Offer expiring 12-31-2019. I was given this coupon at the eye doctor's office, and it was supposed to work at any pharmacy.

To qualify, you have to answer 2 questions. The first question say, "Are you eligible for REIMBURSEMENT of prescriptions, in whole or in part, by any federal, state, or any other governmental programs???" It lists Medicaid, Tricare, VA, etc. The second questions asks, "Do you have commercial insurance, etc.??" The first question was answered, "NO", because we do Medicare for medical/hospitalization, but we do not have Medicare D prescription or any Medicare that REIMBURSES any part of our prescriptions. The second question was answered, "YES", because we do have prescription coverage through AETNA and Express Scripts. I activated the code on the offer and talked to someone at Bausch & Lomb who assured me that this coupons would work anywhere. I took the form to CVS, and it did not work.

I called the Bausch & Lomb help line again and let the pharmacy clerk talk to the rep. After talking for a while, I was told that I did NOT quality because I had Medicare. OK, I explained that I did NOT have Medicare D, and I did NOT get any reimbursement from Medicare. I insisted that Medicare paid NOTHING on my prescriptions. However, the rep put me on hold and asked someone else. Then, I was told again that I did NOT qualify because I had Medicare. I read the eligibility requirements, and I met them.

Medicare does NOT reimburse any thing $000 on my prescriptions. It was like they didn't understand, but finally I talked with a lady who told me that I did NOT quality simply because I had regular Medicare. This is false advertising and plain out lying. These eligibility requirements are printed in black and white on the back of this coupon, but they are false. I will be telling our eye doctors to tell the Bausch & Lomb salesmen who come to their office that they have false and misleading statements on their coupons. I will ask the eye doctors to prescribe medicine from another drug company, because Bausch & Lomb are liars.

Original review: July 29, 2019

When I purchase contacts at my eye doctor, we get charged high prices for Bausch & Lomb. Then Bausch & Lomb offers rebates. You have to jump through hoops to get the rebates. First you have to photograph your receipts and UPC codes on the boxes of contacts. Then you have to set up a debit card. Now if you have something like $2.84 left on this card, they are telling me I have to purchase something of greater value. Then I have to tell the cashier that I am paying for all but $2.84. Then I have to use my card so it will charge exactly $2.84. I get it that Bausch & Lomb is trying to make money from banks on transaction fees on these cards, but why do they have to make it so difficult for their customers to use? I will be looking for a way to not buy these contacts in the future.

Get expert buying tips about Glasses Online delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: July 14, 2019

I purchased their daily contacts. I was given a choice for the amount of contacts I want to buy. I bought the year's worth and was given a rebate slip. When trying to get my rebate they said I only bought 6 months worth. I only use contacts in one eye so for me 4 boxes of 90 are a year's worth. I don't know if they can't add or just don't want to give the rebate. Think about your purchase. Doesn't seem like a good company for consumers.

Original review: April 22, 2019

These contacts were suggested to me at my latest optometrist appointment. Likely they were getting commission off of selling this brand? Because I have no idea how any type of doctor would ever RECOMMEND this piece of garbage. These contacts have given me more issues than all the contacts I have ever had over the past 10 years of usage. I have never had to throw away brand new contacts because of a new lens causing my eyeball so much pain. It is not uncommon to throw away these lenses even after one day of usage.

Today I had to take out my contacts that have only been worn 2 days after I had them in for 5 hours. My eyes were literally bloodshot red and blurring out. One thing I can rely on with these lenses is that I can have no doubt in my mind that I will look stoned out of my mind by wearing these contacts. They turn me into this red eyed monster and it is actually super uncomfortable and painful. DO NOT BUY THESE CONTACTS UNLESS YOU HAVE A DESIRE TO HURT YOUR EYES AND WASTE YOUR MONEY...

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

I have worn contacts for well over a decade, and these are even more uncomfortable than the first pair I got back in 2004. Furthermore, I have always worn makeup with my contact lenses, yet I have never had such an issue with staining as with these. These contacts stain far too easily with any use of cosmetics. I initially thought this was a "user issue" until I realized that I have been wearing makeup for as long as I've worn contacts and have never had such an issue. These are quite uncomfortable and dry after eight hours of wear, unlike two newer versions (and brands) of contacts that I've tried out. Unfortunately, I do not ever want these particular contacts again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bausch & Lomb?

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

I purchased the new eye drops by Bausch & Lomb, LUMIFY, which cost much more than the regular Bausch & Lomb eye drops which I usually buy and have been buying for years. After using the eyedrops for two (2) weeks (1 drop a day in each eye), to my surprise, the bottle was empty. I paid almost $10 and I ran out of the eyedrop within 2 weeks. I am very disappointed and will not be buying that product again. Aside from the bottle being smaller than the usual Bausch & Lomb products, Bausch & Lomb, showed a greediness to rip off their customers. They rip the customer off by putting less than a 2 week supply worth of eyedrops in the bottle. VERY DISAPPOINTED with Bausch & Lomb.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

I'm new to using Bausch & Lomb products and I'm very disappointed. They are expensive and are ripping within days of using them. In 2 instances they have torn right inside my eye as I was wearing them. I called the place where I bought them and was told to contact Bausch & Lomb directly. I have yet to hear back from them. I'm not financially able to keep replacing them. I hope they do the right thing and either replace them or return my money.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

Horrible brand of contacts. I switched from Alcon to this one because of a recommendation from my doctor - who was probably paid off by this company. I got a huge allergic reaction and HAD TO BUY BAUSCH AND LOMB "SPECIAL GEL" THING TO GET IT FIXED. ORIGINAL PRICE WAS 230$ BUT if you sign up for their "rewards program," it's 20$. COMPLETE SELLOUT. DON'T TOUCH THIS BRAND. YOU WILL REGRET IT. Do yourself a favor and get a different brand. I personally use Alcon Hydraglydes.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

Luckily, the only issues I had with the rebate were my own. I uploaded the original receipt. Their feedback via email pointed me in the right direction. Unfortunately, no amount of rebate will make up for how terrible their contacts are. Each is supposed to last 30 days. I bought a 1-year supply, and I will be extremely lucky if I make it to 8 months. Most lenses have issues with lasting 2 weeks. I wouldn't wear these contacts again if they were given to me free.

Original review: June 25, 2018

$250 Rebate if you prepay for year supply of Contacts! DO NOT PARTICIPATE IN THIS REWARDS PROGRAM. I entered everything correctly for both of my children's contacts. It takes about an hour to upload all the paperwork and the codes on all contact boxes. You have to pay attention each day to all of the separate emails that come in each week and save "secret passcodes", Card #'s etc. I tried several times to contact someone by telephone to help with questions but they are not helpful. You have to email your requests in and wait for a response. Not worth the prepay. Plus the rebate is only $210 and it is a virtual code not a physical card.

Bausch & Lomb Company Information