1.21/5
Based on 109 reviews that contain star ratings

129 Bausch & Lomb Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

I purchased the new eye drops by Bausch & Lomb, LUMIFY, which cost much more than the regular Bausch & Lomb eye drops which I usually buy and have been buying for years. After using the eyedrops for two (2) weeks (1 drop a day in each eye), to my surprise, the bottle was empty. I paid almost $10 and I ran out of the eyedrop within 2 weeks. I am very disappointed and will not be buying that product again. Aside from the bottle being smaller than the usual Bausch & Lomb products, Bausch & Lomb, showed a greediness to rip off their customers. They rip the customer off by putting less than a 2 week supply worth of eyedrops in the bottle. VERY DISAPPOINTED with Bausch & Lomb.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

I'm new to using Bausch & Lomb products and I'm very disappointed. They are expensive and are ripping within days of using them. In 2 instances they have torn right inside my eye as I was wearing them. I called the place where I bought them and was told to contact Bausch & Lomb directly. I have yet to hear back from them. I'm not financially able to keep replacing them. I hope they do the right thing and either replace them or return my money.

Get expert buying tips about Eyeglasses Online delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

Horrible brand of contacts. I switched from Alcon to this one because of a recommendation from my doctor - who was probably paid off by this company. I got a huge allergic reaction and HAD TO BUY BAUSCH AND LOMB "SPECIAL GEL" THING TO GET IT FIXED. ORIGINAL PRICE WAS 230$ BUT if you sign up for their "rewards program," it's 20$. COMPLETE SELLOUT. DON'T TOUCH THIS BRAND. YOU WILL REGRET IT. Do yourself a favor and get a different brand. I personally use Alcon Hydraglydes.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

Luckily, the only issues I had with the rebate were my own. I uploaded the original receipt. Their feedback via email pointed me in the right direction. Unfortunately, no amount of rebate will make up for how terrible their contacts are. Each is supposed to last 30 days. I bought a 1-year supply, and I will be extremely lucky if I make it to 8 months. Most lenses have issues with lasting 2 weeks. I wouldn't wear these contacts again if they were given to me free.

Original review: June 25, 2018

$250 Rebate if you prepay for year supply of Contacts! DO NOT PARTICIPATE IN THIS REWARDS PROGRAM. I entered everything correctly for both of my children's contacts. It takes about an hour to upload all the paperwork and the codes on all contact boxes. You have to pay attention each day to all of the separate emails that come in each week and save "secret passcodes", Card #'s etc. I tried several times to contact someone by telephone to help with questions but they are not helpful. You have to email your requests in and wait for a response. Not worth the prepay. Plus the rebate is only $210 and it is a virtual code not a physical card.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bausch & Lomb?

Original review: April 13, 2018

I recently purchased 2 boxes of Bausch and Lomb contact lenses and was persuaded to purchase 4 boxes due to what was an alleged rebate and discount available to me on the bauschrewards.com site for BOGO. I spent a significant amount of time submitting the claim, photocopying and uploading receipts, and while waiting for word of my refund, I read every document and watched every video about eye care. Those I thought were informative and a decent customer service and I earned "tokens".

The following day I was informed with my four box purchase, I had earned 1000 points, with which --7 paragraphs later -- it was extremely complicated and cumbersome discerning how to purchase a $10 gift card with those points that would be mailed in 6 weeks. I donated the points instead and asked that my account be canceled. Seven email exchanges later and that is not completed either! I truly felt scammed and the complicated process was just a barrier to getting much of anything. Please investigate the so-called "rewards" program. Also, points can be transferred to tokens, but not tokens to points. And tokens are pretty much legalized gambling of spins with no readily available odds payout published. Someone should ask for an audit of the token spins: How many spins by how many people actually result in any "reward". Worst ever "rewards" program. It was a huge waste of breath and life. Thanks for all you do.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

Every time I buy Bausch & Lomb contacts (30 day wear lenses) they tear within a week or two. The lens is so flimsy I can't even get into my eye. Also, they went up $5.00 per box and the quality of the product continues to decline. Guess this will be my last attempt with this company and I will be looking for another brand of contacts. Bausch & Lomb, what happened to you (bet just the usual corporate greed)? Your product used to be quality. Now it is just pure JUNK! Shame on you.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

I bought PureVision lenses in October 2017. I used them before everything was fine, but lenses what I bought they are really terrible. They tear every second day, I never had such an awful lens before.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

I think your program sucks. Recently I tried to use the ** coupon but was denied and ask to pay $206 for a vial no bigger than my thumbnail. Because I am over 65, on Medicare and have a limited income I am not eligible. However, if I am rich and paying for commercial insurance, I can get the discount OR if I am uninsured I can get the discount. The people who need it most (on Medicare) are denied. This is totally backwards. SHAME ON YOU!!!

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

I'm seeing so many people complain about their rebates. I'm guessing they were not done as told on the rebate form. I submitted mine exactly as prompted and it only took 8 weeks to get my rebate of the full $200. I will use them again. I got dailies this time around and was concerned because of all the negative reviews. You need to follow the directions exactly or your rebate will be invalid. I will definitely use them again. Thanks Bausch and Lomb!

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

I submitted a rebate at the end of August for a $200 rebate promised by my eye doctor's office. It took about 3 different tries and contacting B&L several times and talking with different people who had different stories... to find out that I had to wait 4-6 weeks for a rebate to arrive in the mail. I thought 4-6 weeks, no big deal. Well now here I am in week 6 (they processed as if 9/8/17) and still nothing. The rebate tracker still shows it as "pending." Very disappointed. $200 is a lot of money to be promised back. After reading everyone's responses here it sounds like I can say goodbye to seeing any rebate in my mailbox.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

Walmart was selling AREDS2 with multi-vitamin, 100 count, online. We bought 4 bottles, never suspecting the company would put out a product with known defect, then not replace upon request. But that is what B&L will do. Neither a phone call nor written letter has gotten satisfaction, other than “take the unused bottles back to the vendor”, who, of course should bear no blame. The problem is that the soft gel caps leak! When older people take multiple doses of several medicines each day and sort them by dose into multi-dose pill boxes, a leaking soft gel will melt some kinds of pills and will make all sticky and harder to manage.

Two very polite requests to Bausch and Lomb have gotten no more than a suggestion to take unopened containers back to the seller, then send them the opened container for a refund. With 300 gel caps in unopened containers plus more in the opened one, I think the policy is wrong and the company, acknowledging they know of the problem, is far from being a top-class company like they portray themselves to be. Phooey on Bausch & Lomb. Caveat Emptor - let the buyer beware!

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

The optometrist glowingly promoted "$200 off" with a year's worth contact lens purchase. This isn't a price reduction as implied but a rebate process. And it does not yield a check back but only a Visa card. I submitted the online forms the same day as my purchase. Aside from scanning the eye exam form, the purchase receipt and rebate form they ask for a UPC picture. No explanation of the UPC is made. So I uploaded a photo of the 2D barcode (a square) on the product. An email came in saying they did not receive the UPC and I had to mail it in. No further explanation. The email address the rebate uses is not valid. No one is there to answer the phone. I see 116 complaints on this. How can this be allowed to go on?

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

Twice I have submitted all the information for a rebate, starting last year, I received my online confirmation. 8 months later I faxed the information in. I have made multiple phone calls to the 855 806-3231 number and after one such conversation with Juliet, all my information was erased from their system. Then I spoke with Keymer on 8/31/17, and he assured me someone would call within 24 to 47 hours. Never happened. My tracking number is ** but its gone now. I will never buy another product of theirs AND I will be filing a complaint with the BBB. I am not jumping thru any more hoops at this point.

Original review: June 30, 2017

I submitted all of the required documentation and never received my rebate. I tried to call their 855 number, but you don't have the option to actually speak with a person - simply a recording that repeats the exact info. you can view on their supposed rebates website. Total waste of time. Total scam. I won't be buying Bausch & Lomb anything ever again.

Original review: June 13, 2017

Received a debit card MANY MONTHS LATER (marked $60.00) but there were NO FUNDS on the card. Called 4.27.17 - Service rep said many cards had been compromised. Purchases were made across the USA in CA. Said would send out another card. STILL NO CARD. Called today 6.13 and told still working on the problem but should have new card within 15 business days. BUT if not received please call again. A year has passed and time to get new contacts. They will NOT be B&L if rebate is not received.

Original review: April 3, 2017

The terms and conditions of the rebate are meant to woo you into purchasing their product and then invalidate your rebate. The online system accepted my rebate documents and so I thought I was done. Then I got an email stating that the documents had invalid dates so I called. The rep informed me that, although my purchase date was within the terms because my eye exam date was over 60 days prior that I was unable to receive the rebate. My prescription was still valid, so what is the point of this? To dupe you into purchasing the product and think of any way to not fulfill the offer. That's my take on it. Looks like many others have had a similar experience. I will not purchase this brand again. This measly $60 they saved has lost them a lifetime daily contact lens-wearing customer.

Original review: March 20, 2017

I'm shocked to know that so many people have had problems with B+L rebates. This company is the worst I have ever dealt with. I generally buy my contacts from Costco where if applicable, I will get my rebate instantly. This time my doctor convinced me to buy from B+L and told me the type of contacts I was ordering would pay me $100-110 dollars back. I submitted all the required data on Nov 16-2016 and the system didn't complain of anything missing. Upon submission, I found that my rebate would be only $95 (shock #1). After nearly 8 weeks I was curious to know the status of my rebate and visited the website to only find that I was missing the UPC code; I never received any email from that company requesting the missing info!!!! (shock #2)

Immediately the next day (Jan 9, 2017) I submitted the pictures of all my boxes and promptly followed up via phone with a customer service agent who acknowledged receipt and assured that I should receive my card in 6-8 weeks. 8 weeks later on March 8 I bothered to visit the website again to check the status only to find out it is still pending (shock #3). I immediately called customer service to find out what's going on and the useless rep told me I have to wait for another 6-8 weeks. I demanded to escalate my case to his supervisor but he said a resolution would be available only after 7 business days.

A week later I check the status online to only find that my rebate amount has dropped from $95 to $60. Yes, 35 bucks less than originally stated!!! (shock #4)

Monday March 20, called B+L as soon as I could and demanded an explanation of the situation to only hear from another useless rep. I'm sorry but the products you purchased only qualify for a $60 rebate and you still have to have 8-10 weeks -now I have to wait longer! (shock #5) According to the rep, my case has reached the highest escalation point possible and there is nothing I can do other than wait... I got so really mad and I wished I had taken a screenshot of the webpage where for weeks/months it was showing that my $95 rebate was pending so I could publish it and contend this scam but you would never doubt such a large company like this and those would be the last things you'd think of.

Unfortunately I do not have a FB account or any other social media ones where people post these kind of issues till they go viral and get the attention of the media and company but I hope this long review helps others. It is definitely helping me vent. Last time I received an incorrect order from a fairly small company here in California and when I called them to notify of the same they immediately offered to either refund my money or to overnight me the right order to account for their mistake and either ways keep the incorrect product with me if I wanted. I really appreciated their customer service and willingness to do things right and asked them to ship the correct order using regular mail 5-7 business days. If I got that kind of service from a small-medium company I should not expect less from B+L but sadly my expectations have been unfulfilled. Thanks for reading and I'm including my tracking # for reference.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2017

I feel "taken" and duped by B&L due to their rebate offer that never materialized and was so complicated that I think the redemption requirements were designed to NOT fulfill the offer. I mailed everything in requested. Dr. receipt, receipt showing that I ordered the specific supply required. I was suppose to receive a $50 or $60 rebate. Waited 2 1/2 months and have not received the advertised rebate. I don't have the time to fight for this. I never thought that such a reputable brand would do such a thing. Either they concocted a rebate that was meant to fool people or the administrating company is a scam. Either way, it's designed to not pay the consumer the rebate and in doing so harms their brand name. I may never buy a Bausch and Lomb product again.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2017

I purchase a year's worth of contact lenses October 4th, 2016 because my Dr. said I would get a $130 rebate from Bausch & Lomb. After reading these reviews I see now this was a scam created by B&L to get consumers to buy contact lenses by the boat loads and the screw them out of the rebate. This is January 27th, 2017 and I still do not have my rebate. When I checked my tracking number the first time it said my rebate could not be completed because I did not have the UPC codes on the invoice. I promptly gave them the UPC codes I had on my boxes and the rep assured me my rebate would be process immediately. That was October 28th, 2016 and to this date (1/27/17) I have not received anything. I have called several times since then and just the runaround. They have not intention of sending any of us a rebate. We just got screwed by this company.

I will no longer by B&L products of any kind!!! Someone should slap a class action lawsuit against them! Then they will pay for more than just the rebate. Goodbye Bausch & Lomb I will be sure to spread the word about your shady dealings on Facebook, Google reviews, Twitter, and any other social media source I can find. Everyone should know how you operate!

Original review: Jan. 19, 2017

I am writing this review from my own experience of Bausch & Lomb products. I have been wearing Contact lenses for over 30 years and just completed my yearly exam on 1/18/2017 with great results. I have trusted Bausch & Lomb over the years with many of their products and currently use the Renu fresh product for my lenses. I instantly noticed the comfort of this product on my eyes. My lenses felt well lubricated and comfortable. I highly recommend this product and would say using a good product like Bausch & Lomb has attributed to my eye health of 30 plus years wearing contacts. Your vision is not worth skimping on and keeping good eye cleanliness is imperative to trouble free eye problems wearing contacts. I hope this review will help others in choosing a great product from the Bausch & Lomb line. Thanks.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2017

I have been a long-time Bausch + Lomb customer. This year I did not submit my rebate within the 60 day period and they refused to rebate me the very modest rebate of $25. I even phoned to ask for an exception and was told NO. I will no longer be a customer. Great business sense Bausch + Lomb.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2016

I mail everything in Aug 2016. Dr. Receipt. Pearl Vision receipt showing that we ordered a year’s supply, bar code from contacts. Was suppose to be a $60 rebate. Waited 2 1/2 month and heard nothing. Called customer service and spoke with Catherine and was told that they never received my information which was mailed to the PO box ** El Paso, TX. So then I called my eye dr and Pearl Vision and they mailed me receipts to resubmit this rebate. Sent everything and now they tell me that the Eye dr receipt only show payment but doesn't show what for and so now my rebate is invalid. This is so crazy. It is not worth the battle of $60 but we will never buy a Bausch and Lomb product again.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2016

This is the second year in a row that I have gotten the run around on the $85 rebate even though all documentation was submitted accurately. This should be a class action lawsuit. They continually give the run around hoping the customers will give up! This is all levels of wrong! Let's band together and create a class action lawsuit against B&L!

Original review: Nov. 30, 2016

First I'll start by saying after this experience we will never purchase Bausch + Lomb products again! I was given this rebate form at our doctor's office in our local Walmart Vision center. My husband was talked into these contacts by the doctor and the $85 rebate sealed the deal for us. I was careful to follow every direction to the T as I know how these rebate centers are looking for a reason to disqualify you. I also kept a copy of everything and kept detailed notes. I mailed my form on June 1st. By October 13, I knew something was wrong so I called. Customer service told me that my rebate was invalid because the Doctor's office receipt did not itemize the exam. It was just a generic receipt with the Doctor's heading at the top and a total at the bottom. Since it clearly states in the directions to send a copy of the original receipt with the date circled, I knew I had complied and I was not taking no for an answer.

So eventually I asked to speak to a supervisor who also fed me that same story. I continued to argue my case with him and he actually told me I needed to call the Dr. Office and demand they change their receipts. (Okay, like that would actually happen.) He continued to lecture me on what I did wrong and told me he would make this one exception and process my rebate. He said I should receive it in two weeks. Well he also bold faced lied to me. When I called back on 11/29/16 and spoke with another supervisor he apologized for the treatment I received and told me he did not know why I was lied to before but the real reason my claim was denied was because the skews did not match up. Apparently I bought the wrong contacts, but he was going to fix it. (Now I have compared the boxes on the rebate form to the ones I bought and with the exception of the word "for Presbyopia" they are identical.)

So he filed for me to get another rebate that was over for $60. Oh and I would have to wait 2 months because it would have to be approved. At this point I just wanted off the phone. I have never dealt with a company as shady as this! Even if the doctor's office sold me the wrong contacts with the rebate, it doesn't explain why their customer service repeatedly lied to me. They have lost my business for good and I hope someone sues the heck out of them for this!!

Resolution response: Aug. 30, 2017

After 12 months of getting put on hold only to be hung up on and never having my e-mails answered I filed a complaint with the BBB. I received a phone call from the company a few days later, they left a message saying they wanted to resolve the situation. I called them back, the lady was nice, and she asked for my receipt (even though i had already sent it.) I got the receipt, took a picture of it and sent it to her e-mail. She got everything taken care of and I got my rebate card in the mail today (took less than two weeks.) I am keeping my rating at one star but am happy to report they honored their part of the deal. ... after a year, lol

Original review: Nov. 26, 2016

Just like the person before me posted but my rebate still says pending from July 5th when it was entered into the system. I sent several e-mails and have never gotten one back. I fulfilled my part of the agreement, why won't this company honor theirs! I will never buy from them again. I also feel a lawsuit should be brought against them!

Original review: Nov. 16, 2016

So I went to get my eyes checked late 2015 and my optometrist recommended me to Bausch & Lomb's Ultra Contact Lenses. I figured I'd try them since Bausch & Lomb (B + L) had a deal where it explicitly stated I'd get $100 Rebate on my purchase as I had purchased multiple boxes of contacts for both my eyes. I was excited to try them on and I did, no issues with the contacts. That same night, as soon as I got home I started filling out the necessary information on the rebate form via their rebate website as mentioned on their form that I obtained from the optometrician's office and submitted all necessary documents (doctor's visit proof, prescription proof, proof of purchase, UPC bar codes)... the whole 9-yards. It was a successful submission as they received my documentation around January 13, 2016.

Then came April 2016, I checked the status using their tracking number. It said it was received and it was "FULFILLED". Later in April, I began to worry about where my $100 rebate (debit/credit card) went, so I called them up on their "1-855-806-3231" number as it was listed on their rebate site. Then after navigating from their main menu, I got through a customer service representative after about 35 minute hold time, who then gave me another number to call since my inquiry pertained to "missing / lost card" and he told me that if I call the "1-888-976-0113" number, all I'd have to do is provide my tracking number and someone would take care of my issue right away. I call the second number and after being put on hold for about 25 minutes someone answered my call. I explained my situation and provided my tracking number and confirmed my address.

They apologized in a fake way and said they would send me a "Replacement card" within the next couple weeks. I somewhat believed him but as a cautionary step, I had asked him about what happens if I don't get it within next couple weeks since I had to wait a while, and he said then they'd mail it to me via UPS or another carrier service sooner. Well, all that assurance sounded good via phone, but the reality is that it's November 2016, and I have yet to receive my $100 that I was promised. I called them today to inquire, and as usual nothing is easy with these rebate folks. I went through the hassle of calling both numbers again, and this time, when I called the second number, I was told that in order to get a "second replacement" they would charge me approximately $6 and given that it is November they would have to deduct the maintenance fee off it as well (September fee, October fee and November fee).

In short, I was NOT going to get my $100 as promised. The customer service representative said that it is part of their policy, which honestly is the biggest BS I've ever heard. How is this my fault, that I had submitted everything that was required in a timely manner in order to successfully obtain the rebate? Why should I pay for a "second replacement" card when in reality, I have NOT received or even seen the first original card and now the "second" rebate card!!!?? I had them confirm my address again (which they have it right from the beginning). I even offered to provide them a secondary mailing address but it seemed like somehow the conversation made me feel like it was all my fault for trusting this brand and the rebate offer. So, I requested to speak with the supervisor, and as usual after being put on hold for good 30 minutes they disconnected the line!

CLASS ACTION SUIT really needs to be FILED AGAINST the COMPANY and this REBATE CENTER for the FRAUD! It is supposed to be a simple process: B+L advertised rebate; I bought the product based on recommendation and sale promotion for rebate; I submit all the necessary paperwork successfully by following all instructions like a good consumer, and as a return courtesy I'm expecting my $100 rebate (nothing more, nothing less) in a timely manner without having to call every couple months to inquire about the status of my rebate and where it physically is.... Never been so disappointed at this brand.

After reading up on similar cases on this website, it seems that they have duped many people with similar problems!!!! Lesson learned: I'm never buying any BAUSCH & LOMB PRODUCTS, I rather give my business to another time worthy and loyal brand that actually cares about their products, services & customers!

Original review: Nov. 9, 2016

In the past I had had no problem with AOSept/EasySept, but recently have been extremely dissatisfied. The old lens cases used to function well for at least a month, whilst I've been forced to discard these new, half-green cases after only a couple of weeks, sometimes less time. After only a short period of time, the case ceases to neutralize the solution, even after the lens having been left in there for a good 8-9 hours. In the morning, I've put my lens in my eye only to experience terrible burning. This can happen unexpectedly. Very dangerous.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2016

I just read some of the posts about PeroxiClear. I was surprised to read some of the negative experiences that some users had. I worked in an eye dr.'s office for many years. I taught contact lens care & trained patients how to insert their lenses, remove them & care for them. One of the most important instruction was always wash your hands prior to handling your lenses. I have tried many brands but Bausch & Lomb has always worked well for me. One of my lenses is Acuvue II. The other is a toric lens from another company. I have allergies & have suffered for many yrs. at least 15 or more. I get red watering eyes. Sooo frustrating. I tried many contact solutions even Bausch & Lomb sensitive. Still had watering red eyes.The Renu solution is the one I used for years.

I had done some reading & came across an article about using Peroxide to clean contact lenses. One day I came across PeroxiClear! I wasn't even 1/3 of the way thru the bottle my red eyes & watering COMPLETELY STOPPED! Haven't had it since! :)) It has been a lifesaver for me. I will always use it. I ran out & used the Renu solution on my lenses. My eyes were irritated & redness started to come back. Have never used anything else since finding the PeroxiClear. What works for some might not work for everyone. When my kids were little a neighbor boy couldn't drink red Kool-Aid. His mom was working & he & his sister made red Kool-Aid. Poor kid's eyes swelled shut! Everyone is different. Just because one person can't use a product doesn't mean it's not a good product. Just might not work for them.

I have never had any irritation from using the PeroxiClear. It cured my red & watering eyes. I'm sure the Kool-Aid company isn't gonna stop making red Kool-Aid because one kid has an allergic reaction to it. For me it's been an awesome product. It's sooo nice to not have someone come up to me and ask me if I'm ok because my watering eyes look like I'm crying. Don't have to worry anymore. Those red & watering eyes are gone. :)) I just wanted to share my good experience with PeroxiClear. There can be a lot of reasons a person has eye irritation. It can be from taking prescriptions allergy tablets which can make your eyes dry. Being in air conditioning all day can make eyes dry & irritated. A lot of reasons... hair products, etc. Even getting plain water in your eye can be irritating. Thanks Bausch & Lomb for such an awesome product! I have recommended this product to many people.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2016

Like everyone else, I am having major problems with Bausch + Lomb's rebate department. I filled out all the proper paperwork, and I submitted all of the required documents. Instead of getting the full $130.00 that was promised and advertised, I only got reimbursed $30.00 for the "eye exam." So I am still out $100.00 of the rebate that was promised. This process takes way too long, and I would bet that they count on you not following up or checking their work.

Contacting their representatives only makes matters more infuriating. The entire system is designed to fail for the consumer seeking the rebate. They will ask you for "Plus Codes" that had nothing to do with the original submission, and then refuse to help you because you don't have those mythical digits, etc. Stay away from this company. It is sleazy and not worth the anger or your time. P.S. If you really want to help, please process the following tracking number correctly. "Your rebate tracking number is: **."

Bausch & Lomb Company Information