3.9/5 (159 ratings)

About Bausch & Lomb

Bausch & Lomb Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bausch & Lomb?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bausch & Lomb?

Original review: Sept. 9, 2020

I was browsing for these lenses as I need to re-order them and I can’t believe all the negative reviews. So I decided to leave my experience. I have worn contacts for over 20 years. I have tried practically most brands including dailies and RGP. I’ve used B&L soft lenses (first contacts), Acuvue oasys (biweekly and daily moist), AirOptix, Biofinity, Clariti, Proclear, Optimum, and Fluoroperm. Now the Ultras. RGP were the ones with the best vision, crystal clear. However, comfort was always a challenge, specially when working out. Even with the plasma coating. With the Ultra lenses I can see as clear as with the Fluoroperm (with plasma coating) but better comfort. I highly recommend the B&L Ultra for Astigmatism. I’m not sure about the rebates or customer service as I got an instant rebate at costco and haven’t reach out to B&L, but these contacts are the best for my eyes!

Original review: July 17, 2020

My purchase was quick and easy, and it was cheaper for me to order online than from my Eye doctor. They had everything I ordered in stock and I received it in a few days. I will order from them again for all my future needs.

Get buying tips about Glasses Online delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2021

Rebate issues - I purchased a year's supply of contact lens and was issued a rebate in the form of a prepaid virtual visa in the amount of $100. This is money you have already paid and not a coupon. It was issued in April 2020 and it expired in 6 months. Which means when I went to use it now (9 months since issue) it was worth $0. I have tried to resolve this issue with B&L and they will not re issue the $100..my $100. To me, this is not a coupon set to expire but a prepaid Visa card that seems very unreasonable to expire to $0 in 6 months and is a very poor policy.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2020

I would seriously rate negative stars if I could; I've used Acuvue Oasys for YEARS and love them, my opt recommended these so against better judgement purchased a year's worth.. BIG MISTAKE. Not only are the contacts literal garbage but the rebate is fake too. Yay! (shocking I know) I purchased the monthlies and after 3/4 days they're already blurring and I constantly need to refocus them, they're extremely straining, drying and irritating after an hour of wear and I have worn my glasses more than ever after purchasing these. That's how annoying they are on your eye.

You will 100% lose brain cells trying to deal with the stupidity that occurs within the customer service department, it's clear you don't even need a G.E.D or IQ higher than 1 to work for them being the only two line I think these reps can process and understand are 1) invalid/missing information, 2) 4-6 weeks/still being processed, the ultimate run around. I really wish I read everyone's reviews on this product prior to purchasing because I would have never switched from my regular brand.

This is absolutely a pyramid scheme between ophthalmologist and the company, all our rebate money is going to the doctors pushing these contacts to people who don't know any better and a trusting the word/advice of the trained "professionals" because any licensed/ethical professional would know these are by far low quality garbage contacts from a company that is not highly recommended by users (as you can see below) & not going to stick to the "rebate" that the provider is throwing in as a form of persuasion (almost positive they still get their cut for making the sales though... PYRAMID SCHEME). Stick to your normal brand & do not be roped in by the rebate speech, you will not actually get it and if you do it will only take a minimum of 10 years to actually get it & won't be for the dollar amount you're promised.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2020

My eye dr. prescribed these B&L Ultra contacts because of an astigmatism, so she said. I am over 50 and have been using contacts for at least 30 years. I have NEVER experienced the absolute frustration these Ultra contacts provide. The material they are made of seems purposely designed to stop holding its form after literally one use. It takes me at least 15 to 20 mins to get the dang things to stay in my eye without either popping right out or folding over. I have NEVER experienced this with ANY other lenses I have used. Ever.

I literally have nothing good to say about these. They are by far the absolute worst experience I have ever had in lenses. By the time I finally do get them in each morning, it takes an hour for the redness and irritation of 50 attempts to get them on to finally alleviate. These lenses are a perfect marketing tool for getting Lasik surgery. It is far less invasive and less painful than dealing with THESE every morning. I would welcome the opportunity to sit down with the team that came up with the design for these lenses....and poke each team member in the eye. Worst lenses ever. They get one star because giving 0 is not an option.

Original review: July 21, 2020

When I agreed to order a years worth of contacts I was told at my doctors office that if I went Bausch Rewards when I received the contacts. And followed the instructions I received at the office that I was eligible for a $100.00 refund against the cost of the contacts. A coupon is how it was described to me. I went to the site - had to create a account- and then found out it was false. No place for the refund just to get points to purchase more of their products and be on their mailing list. I will not buy any of their products after this experience with them. And am alerting my doctors office about the bait and switch tactic.

Original review: July 11, 2020

I have been using contact lenses for 20 years. My eye doctor recently prescribed me AcuVue contacts from Bausch and Lomb. I had to purchase a year's worth. These are by far the worst contacts I have ever experienced. Every morning is a 25-30 minute nightmare trying to get them to stay in my eyes. Again, I have been wearing contacts for 20 years, and have NEVER experienced anything like this. It is as if they are not made to be worn. I have used hard contacts, soft contacts, daily disposable....every type there is, and NEVER experienced such frustration and difficulty getting them to stay in. I wish there was a way I could get a refund. I feel that B&L has robbed me of so much time over the last 9 months dealing with this every morning that I at a minimum deserve my money back. These are the WORST contact product ever made.

Original review: July 1, 2020

I take the contacts out every night. However, I can't even get a week in before they break down and become blurry. I have never had a problem with my old brand but the doctor suggested these for my stigmatism. A fresh pair is great and I see in HD but not for long. This brand of contact is expensive and now is making me think Lasik, so I don't have to waste money on contacts anymore. Shame on you Bausch and Lomb for making an inferior product.

Original review: June 19, 2020

I've used this brand's contact lens solution for a really long time, and feel that it is great - too bad because I do not want to give this company any more of my money. Last time I went to get my eye exam my doctor suggested I switch and order through this company. He stated that it was a great deal because they offered a 200 dollar rebate.

I submitted the rebate, and noticed that the rebate card could take up to 90 days to be sent to me. At the 90 day mark since I still had not received this card I reached out to them. At this point I was told that my card had been mailed out over 2 months earlier, and that my balance was only 15 dollars. They stated I had already been using the card. I reported this as fraud, they stated there would be an investigation, and sent me another card. I used this card, and about 2 months later they contacted me through the mail with a letter stating that the investigation found that there was no fraud, and I owe them 200 dollars. This letter was also only dated 1 week prior to when they stated they would attempt to take money from my rebate card. I didn't even receive this letter until after this day.

Also, I have no idea how I would've even uploaded money onto this card if I wanted to. I have no idea what kind of investigation was actually carried out. I was not asked to supply them with any information, and no one asked me any questions. The charges on this card that I never received were about 50 miles east of where I live in a town I've never been to. The letter stated that if I would like any more information on how the decision was arrived at I could contact customer service.

Upon contacting customer service I spent probably 30-40 minutes on hold, and spoke to two individuals that could not help at all. They told me they could not supply me with any information, contradictory to what the letter stated. They said that all I could do was fax an appeal letter to the fraud department. They were unable to provide me with a phone number or email, where I could speak to someone in the department directly. I faxed a letter two weeks ago, asking someone to please email me or call me to discuss this further, or at least let me know that it was received. I have yet to receive any call or email.

I also have tried to reach out to customer service to verify that they will not attempt to send me to collections while I am in the appeal process, with no response. To me this seemed like a scam from the start. I've never had such a ridiculous experience or dealt with such incompetent people, when I am trying to gain more clarity and receive support in a frustrating situation. Also, I have never thrown so many contacts away right out of the package. Many of them seemed to be distorted in shape. If you are considering switching contact lens brands because of a great rebate deal, I wouldn't bother, this company seems to be heavily bordering on being fraudulent.

Original review: April 12, 2020

I purchased year supply of contact lens for $240. My doctor told me I will get $100 rebate for the purchase. I got a code and instructions to claim my rewards with my purchase. It looked simple enough and straight forward. So I go through the whole process (taking pictures of the invoice, contact lens, input doctors info etc). It said reward pts will be given after they review my purchase. It has been couple weeks. I got no response at all from them and no pts in my acct. I should have known this would happen. They have ad and website making it look really easy and fast to claim the rewards. But it's not and probably got no one monitoring this department. So my advice is just buy the lower price contacts because this whole rebate thing is a joke. Just got ripped off. Contact lens works fine just like any other brands. It's so sketchy business ethics.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2020

I recently bought a bottle of BioTrue and had used it in the past, to clean and store my contact lenses (which are NOT Bausch & Lomb). Over the first couple of days using the solution, my left palm of my hand broke out in blisters, as well as my right ring finger - these are the only parts of my hands that touch the contact lens solution when cleaning my lenses each night. The blisters were large and extremely painful, and left raw painful skin where they popped.

My eyes had also been getting tired and stingy each afternoon, long before my eyes usually tire. I was appalled, especially knowing this same solution had been in my eyes before I figured out the connection. I will never buy a Bausch & Lomb product again. What's worse is that their website doesn't allow you to contact them online - as I took photos of the solution and my hands to submit a complaint - and instead asks you to call a 1800 number, which I won't be doing. I'm concerned about this product being on the market.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2020

I just spent 22 minutes (mostly on hold) with B & L Customer Service. This past weekend, I opened the plastic pack containing one Optima 38 lens, put the lens in my eye, and immediately removed it. Upon inspection, it looked and felt like either two lenses were stuck together or something was doubled up in production. In any event, obviously a manufacturing error. I always like to have back-up lenses, and I am fortunate (?) that the lenses last a while. So, the new lens that I put in this weekend had an expiration date of 2019-06-23. Once the rep heard that it was expired, she contacted her supervisory team, and informed me that they would not refund or replace and do not investigate.

Obviously this defect had nothing to do with when the product expired. And, they would like to see the lens anyway. I would not send it back unless they send me a postage-paid return carton/envelope, but that doesn't account for the trip to the post office. I believe that once they look at the lens and see that it was (1) their manufacturing defect and (2) unrelated to the expiration date, that they should compensate the consumer. This experience is enough to make me want to change contact lens brands, but B & L is the only brand my eye doctor recommends.

Bausch & Lomb Company Information