Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.22/5

Bausch & Lomb Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bausch & Lomb?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bausch & Lomb?

Original review: July 21, 2020

When I agreed to order a years worth of contacts I was told at my doctors office that if I went Bausch Rewards when I received the contacts. And followed the instructions I received at the office that I was eligible for a $100.00 refund against the cost of the contacts. A coupon is how it was described to me. I went to the site - had to create a account- and then found out it was false. No place for the refund just to get points to purchase more of their products and be on their mailing list. I will not buy any of their products after this experience with them. And am alerting my doctors office about the bait and switch tactic.

Original review: July 17, 2020

My purchase was quick and easy, and it was cheaper for me to order online than from my Eye doctor. They had everything I ordered in stock and I received it in a few days. I will order from them again for all my future needs.

Get buying tips about Glasses Online delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 11, 2020

I have been using contact lenses for 20 years. My eye doctor recently prescribed me AcuVue contacts from Bausch and Lomb. I had to purchase a year's worth. These are by far the worst contacts I have ever experienced. Every morning is a 25-30 minute nightmare trying to get them to stay in my eyes. Again, I have been wearing contacts for 20 years, and have NEVER experienced anything like this. It is as if they are not made to be worn. I have used hard contacts, soft contacts, daily disposable....every type there is, and NEVER experienced such frustration and difficulty getting them to stay in. I wish there was a way I could get a refund. I feel that B&L has robbed me of so much time over the last 9 months dealing with this every morning that I at a minimum deserve my money back. These are the WORST contact product ever made.

Original review: July 1, 2020

I take the contacts out every night. However, I can't even get a week in before they break down and become blurry. I have never had a problem with my old brand but the doctor suggested these for my stigmatism. A fresh pair is great and I see in HD but not for long. This brand of contact is expensive and now is making me think Lasik, so I don't have to waste money on contacts anymore. Shame on you Bausch and Lomb for making an inferior product.

Original review: June 19, 2020

I've used this brand's contact lens solution for a really long time, and feel that it is great - too bad because I do not want to give this company any more of my money. Last time I went to get my eye exam my doctor suggested I switch and order through this company. He stated that it was a great deal because they offered a 200 dollar rebate.

I submitted the rebate, and noticed that the rebate card could take up to 90 days to be sent to me. At the 90 day mark since I still had not received this card I reached out to them. At this point I was told that my card had been mailed out over 2 months earlier, and that my balance was only 15 dollars. They stated I had already been using the card. I reported this as fraud, they stated there would be an investigation, and sent me another card. I used this card, and about 2 months later they contacted me through the mail with a letter stating that the investigation found that there was no fraud, and I owe them 200 dollars. This letter was also only dated 1 week prior to when they stated they would attempt to take money from my rebate card. I didn't even receive this letter until after this day.

Also, I have no idea how I would've even uploaded money onto this card if I wanted to. I have no idea what kind of investigation was actually carried out. I was not asked to supply them with any information, and no one asked me any questions. The charges on this card that I never received were about 50 miles east of where I live in a town I've never been to. The letter stated that if I would like any more information on how the decision was arrived at I could contact customer service.

Upon contacting customer service I spent probably 30-40 minutes on hold, and spoke to two individuals that could not help at all. They told me they could not supply me with any information, contradictory to what the letter stated. They said that all I could do was fax an appeal letter to the fraud department. They were unable to provide me with a phone number or email, where I could speak to someone in the department directly. I faxed a letter two weeks ago, asking someone to please email me or call me to discuss this further, or at least let me know that it was received. I have yet to receive any call or email.

I also have tried to reach out to customer service to verify that they will not attempt to send me to collections while I am in the appeal process, with no response. To me this seemed like a scam from the start. I've never had such a ridiculous experience or dealt with such incompetent people, when I am trying to gain more clarity and receive support in a frustrating situation. Also, I have never thrown so many contacts away right out of the package. Many of them seemed to be distorted in shape. If you are considering switching contact lens brands because of a great rebate deal, I wouldn't bother, this company seems to be heavily bordering on being fraudulent.

Original review: April 12, 2020

I purchased year supply of contact lens for $240. My doctor told me I will get $100 rebate for the purchase. I got a code and instructions to claim my rewards with my purchase. It looked simple enough and straight forward. So I go through the whole process (taking pictures of the invoice, contact lens, input doctors info etc). It said reward pts will be given after they review my purchase. It has been couple weeks. I got no response at all from them and no pts in my acct. I should have known this would happen. They have ad and website making it look really easy and fast to claim the rewards. But it's not and probably got no one monitoring this department. So my advice is just buy the lower price contacts because this whole rebate thing is a joke. Just got ripped off. Contact lens works fine just like any other brands. It's so sketchy business ethics.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2020

I recently bought a bottle of BioTrue and had used it in the past, to clean and store my contact lenses (which are NOT Bausch & Lomb). Over the first couple of days using the solution, my left palm of my hand broke out in blisters, as well as my right ring finger - these are the only parts of my hands that touch the contact lens solution when cleaning my lenses each night. The blisters were large and extremely painful, and left raw painful skin where they popped.

My eyes had also been getting tired and stingy each afternoon, long before my eyes usually tire. I was appalled, especially knowing this same solution had been in my eyes before I figured out the connection. I will never buy a Bausch & Lomb product again. What's worse is that their website doesn't allow you to contact them online - as I took photos of the solution and my hands to submit a complaint - and instead asks you to call a 1800 number, which I won't be doing. I'm concerned about this product being on the market.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2020

I just spent 22 minutes (mostly on hold) with B & L Customer Service. This past weekend, I opened the plastic pack containing one Optima 38 lens, put the lens in my eye, and immediately removed it. Upon inspection, it looked and felt like either two lenses were stuck together or something was doubled up in production. In any event, obviously a manufacturing error. I always like to have back-up lenses, and I am fortunate (?) that the lenses last a while. So, the new lens that I put in this weekend had an expiration date of 2019-06-23. Once the rep heard that it was expired, she contacted her supervisory team, and informed me that they would not refund or replace and do not investigate.

Obviously this defect had nothing to do with when the product expired. And, they would like to see the lens anyway. I would not send it back unless they send me a postage-paid return carton/envelope, but that doesn't account for the trip to the post office. I believe that once they look at the lens and see that it was (1) their manufacturing defect and (2) unrelated to the expiration date, that they should compensate the consumer. This experience is enough to make me want to change contact lens brands, but B & L is the only brand my eye doctor recommends.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2019

A year ago I got Bausch + Lomb ultra for astigmatism. I noticed then how dry and irritated my eyes would get. I went to my eye doctor and got another trial pair. Not even 6 hrs later they were dry and my eyes had stress veins in them. I put in some lubricating eye drops in and felt such searing pain. I went to my bf's house to meet his sister and she legit thought I was stoned. I was like no these contacts just suck. I went to Walmart prior to this and when I was getting my eyebrows waxed my eyes began to water bad. I got a tissue and wiped my right eye and the contacts folded in half and went under my top eyelid. Such pain omg the esthetician was afraid to continue because of this incident. It was bad.

So let's rewind a couple years. Same eye and my contact had torn. I almost couldn't fish it out!!! So fast forward back to now. After my dog ate them (i know terrible hes fine just pooped a bunch) i called budget optical and told them i cannot use them. I told them my first ever contacts was Air Optix. So today on December 9th, 2019 I got these air optix for astigmatism and they have yet to dry my eyes or irritate them at all. Do yourself a favor DO NOT BUY THESE BAUSCH AND LOMB!!! They are just terrible.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2019

Bausch & Lomb has several coupons out there. The first one I tried was strictly for use at Walgreens or a few local pharmacies for the product ** eye drops. Walgreens would not honor it, and they said they could not get it to work through their system. I called the 800 number and was told that it should have worked. The next coupon was called Bausch & Lomb Instant Savings Offer expiring 12-31-2019. I was given this coupon at the eye doctor's office, and it was supposed to work at any pharmacy.

To qualify, you have to answer 2 questions. The first question say, "Are you eligible for REIMBURSEMENT of prescriptions, in whole or in part, by any federal, state, or any other governmental programs???" It lists Medicaid, Tricare, VA, etc. The second questions asks, "Do you have commercial insurance, etc.??" The first question was answered, "NO", because we do Medicare for medical/hospitalization, but we do not have Medicare D prescription or any Medicare that REIMBURSES any part of our prescriptions. The second question was answered, "YES", because we do have prescription coverage through AETNA and Express Scripts. I activated the code on the offer and talked to someone at Bausch & Lomb who assured me that this coupons would work anywhere. I took the form to CVS, and it did not work.

I called the Bausch & Lomb help line again and let the pharmacy clerk talk to the rep. After talking for a while, I was told that I did NOT quality because I had Medicare. OK, I explained that I did NOT have Medicare D, and I did NOT get any reimbursement from Medicare. I insisted that Medicare paid NOTHING on my prescriptions. However, the rep put me on hold and asked someone else. Then, I was told again that I did NOT qualify because I had Medicare. I read the eligibility requirements, and I met them.

Medicare does NOT reimburse any thing $000 on my prescriptions. It was like they didn't understand, but finally I talked with a lady who told me that I did NOT quality simply because I had regular Medicare. This is false advertising and plain out lying. These eligibility requirements are printed in black and white on the back of this coupon, but they are false. I will be telling our eye doctors to tell the Bausch & Lomb salesmen who come to their office that they have false and misleading statements on their coupons. I will ask the eye doctors to prescribe medicine from another drug company, because Bausch & Lomb are liars.

Bausch & Lomb Company Information