Bausch & Lomb

Compare Eyeglasses Online

Research top Eyeglasses Online recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

This is the second year in a row that I have gotten the run around on the $85 rebate even though all documentation was submitted accurately. This should be a class action lawsuit. They continually give the run around hoping the customers will give up! This is all levels of wrong! Let's band together and create a class action lawsuit against B&L!

First I'll start by saying after this experience we will never purchase Bausch + Lomb products again! I was given this rebate form at our doctor's office in our local Walmart Vision center. My husband was talked into these contacts by the doctor and the $85 rebate sealed the deal for us. I was careful to follow every direction to the T as I know how these rebate centers are looking for a reason to disqualify you. I also kept a copy of everything and kept detailed notes. I mailed my form on June 1st. By October 13, I knew something was wrong so I called. Customer service told me that my rebate was invalid because the Doctor's office receipt did not itemize the exam. It was just a generic receipt with the Doctor's heading at the top and a total at the bottom. Since it clearly states in the directions to send a copy of the original receipt with the date circled, I knew I had complied and I was not taking no for an answer.

So eventually I asked to speak to a supervisor who also fed me that same story. I continued to argue my case with him and he actually told me I needed to call the Dr. Office and demand they change their receipts. (Okay, like that would actually happen.) He continued to lecture me on what I did wrong and told me he would make this one exception and process my rebate. He said I should receive it in two weeks. Well he also bold faced lied to me. When I called back on 11/29/16 and spoke with another supervisor he apologized for the treatment I received and told me he did not know why I was lied to before but the real reason my claim was denied was because the skews did not match up. Apparently I bought the wrong contacts, but he was going to fix it. (Now I have compared the boxes on the rebate form to the ones I bought and with the exception of the word "for Presbyopia" they are identical.)

So he filed for me to get another rebate that was over for $60. Oh and I would have to wait 2 months because it would have to be approved. At this point I just wanted off the phone. I have never dealt with a company as shady as this! Even if the doctor's office sold me the wrong contacts with the rebate, it doesn't explain why their customer service repeatedly lied to me. They have lost my business for good and I hope someone sues the heck out of them for this!!

Just like the person before me posted but my rebate still says pending from July 5th when it was entered into the system. I sent several e-mails and have never gotten one back. I fulfilled my part of the agreement, why won't this company honor theirs! I will never buy from them again. I also feel a lawsuit should be brought against them!

So I went to get my eyes checked late 2015 and my optometrist recommended me to Bausch & Lomb's Ultra Contact Lenses. I figured I'd try them since Bausch & Lomb (B + L) had a deal where it explicitly stated I'd get $100 Rebate on my purchase as I had purchased multiple boxes of contacts for both my eyes. I was excited to try them on and I did, no issues with the contacts. That same night, as soon as I got home I started filling out the necessary information on the rebate form via their rebate website as mentioned on their form that I obtained from the optometrician's office and submitted all necessary documents (doctor's visit proof, prescription proof, proof of purchase, UPC bar codes)... the whole 9-yards. It was a successful submission as they received my documentation around January 13, 2016.

Then came April 2016, I checked the status using their tracking number. It said it was received and it was "FULFILLED". Later in April, I began to worry about where my $100 rebate (debit/credit card) went, so I called them up on their "1-855-806-3231" number as it was listed on their rebate site. Then after navigating from their main menu, I got through a customer service representative after about 35 minute hold time, who then gave me another number to call since my inquiry pertained to "missing / lost card" and he told me that if I call the "1-888-976-0113" number, all I'd have to do is provide my tracking number and someone would take care of my issue right away. I call the second number and after being put on hold for about 25 minutes someone answered my call. I explained my situation and provided my tracking number and confirmed my address.

They apologized in a fake way and said they would send me a "Replacement card" within the next couple weeks. I somewhat believed him but as a cautionary step, I had asked him about what happens if I don't get it within next couple weeks since I had to wait a while, and he said then they'd mail it to me via UPS or another carrier service sooner. Well, all that assurance sounded good via phone, but the reality is that it's November 2016, and I have yet to receive my $100 that I was promised. I called them today to inquire, and as usual nothing is easy with these rebate folks. I went through the hassle of calling both numbers again, and this time, when I called the second number, I was told that in order to get a "second replacement" they would charge me approximately $6 and given that it is November they would have to deduct the maintenance fee off it as well (September fee, October fee and November fee).

In short, I was NOT going to get my $100 as promised. The customer service representative said that it is part of their policy, which honestly is the biggest BS I've ever heard. How is this my fault, that I had submitted everything that was required in a timely manner in order to successfully obtain the rebate? Why should I pay for a "second replacement" card when in reality, I have NOT received or even seen the first original card and now the "second" rebate card!!!?? I had them confirm my address again (which they have it right from the beginning). I even offered to provide them a secondary mailing address but it seemed like somehow the conversation made me feel like it was all my fault for trusting this brand and the rebate offer. So, I requested to speak with the supervisor, and as usual after being put on hold for good 30 minutes they disconnected the line!

CLASS ACTION SUIT really needs to be FILED AGAINST the COMPANY and this REBATE CENTER for the FRAUD! It is supposed to be a simple process: B+L advertised rebate; I bought the product based on recommendation and sale promotion for rebate; I submit all the necessary paperwork successfully by following all instructions like a good consumer, and as a return courtesy I'm expecting my $100 rebate (nothing more, nothing less) in a timely manner without having to call every couple months to inquire about the status of my rebate and where it physically is.... Never been so disappointed at this brand.

After reading up on similar cases on this website, it seems that they have duped many people with similar problems!!!! Lesson learned: I'm never buying any BAUSCH & LOMB PRODUCTS, I rather give my business to another time worthy and loyal brand that actually cares about their products, services & customers!

In the past I had had no problem with AOSept/EasySept, but recently have been extremely dissatisfied. The old lens cases used to function well for at least a month, whilst I've been forced to discard these new, half-green cases after only a couple of weeks, sometimes less time. After only a short period of time, the case ceases to neutralize the solution, even after the lens having been left in there for a good 8-9 hours. In the morning, I've put my lens in my eye only to experience terrible burning. This can happen unexpectedly. Very dangerous.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bausch & Lomb?

I just read some of the posts about PeroxiClear. I was surprised to read some of the negative experiences that some users had. I worked in an eye dr.'s office for many years. I taught contact lens care & trained patients how to insert their lenses, remove them & care for them. One of the most important instruction was always wash your hands prior to handling your lenses. I have tried many brands but Bausch & Lomb has always worked well for me. One of my lenses is Acuvue II. The other is a toric lens from another company. I have allergies & have suffered for many yrs. at least 15 or more. I get red watering eyes. Sooo frustrating. I tried many contact solutions even Bausch & Lomb sensitive. Still had watering red eyes.The Renu solution is the one I used for years.

I had done some reading & came across an article about using Peroxide to clean contact lenses. One day I came across PeroxiClear! I wasn't even 1/3 of the way thru the bottle my red eyes & watering COMPLETELY STOPPED! Haven't had it since! :)) It has been a lifesaver for me. I will always use it. I ran out & used the Renu solution on my lenses. My eyes were irritated & redness started to come back. Have never used anything else since finding the PeroxiClear. What works for some might not work for everyone. When my kids were little a neighbor boy couldn't drink red Kool-Aid. His mom was working & he & his sister made red Kool-Aid. Poor kid's eyes swelled shut! Everyone is different. Just because one person can't use a product doesn't mean it's not a good product. Just might not work for them.

I have never had any irritation from using the PeroxiClear. It cured my red & watering eyes. I'm sure the Kool-Aid company isn't gonna stop making red Kool-Aid because one kid has an allergic reaction to it. For me it's been an awesome product. It's sooo nice to not have someone come up to me and ask me if I'm ok because my watering eyes look like I'm crying. Don't have to worry anymore. Those red & watering eyes are gone. :)) I just wanted to share my good experience with PeroxiClear. There can be a lot of reasons a person has eye irritation. It can be from taking prescriptions allergy tablets which can make your eyes dry. Being in air conditioning all day can make eyes dry & irritated. A lot of reasons... hair products, etc. Even getting plain water in your eye can be irritating. Thanks Bausch & Lomb for such an awesome product! I have recommended this product to many people.

Like everyone else, I am having major problems with Bausch + Lomb's rebate department. I filled out all the proper paperwork, and I submitted all of the required documents. Instead of getting the full $130.00 that was promised and advertised, I only got reimbursed $30.00 for the "eye exam." So I am still out $100.00 of the rebate that was promised. This process takes way too long, and I would bet that they count on you not following up or checking their work.

Contacting their representatives only makes matters more infuriating. The entire system is designed to fail for the consumer seeking the rebate. They will ask you for "Plus Codes" that had nothing to do with the original submission, and then refuse to help you because you don't have those mythical digits, etc. Stay away from this company. It is sleazy and not worth the anger or your time. P.S. If you really want to help, please process the following tracking number correctly. "Your rebate tracking number is: **."

So I ended up buying Bausch and Lomb Contact Lenses for the very first time just to test them out and because they were offering a promotion. My optometrist had suggested buying these contact lenses because I have dry eyes whenever I wear contact lenses. Well I made the mistake of buying an entire years worth of contact lenses. Let me just tell you guys if you have dry eyes do not buy these. You should buy Biofinity CooperVision contact lenses. They kept my eyes moist throughout the day. My right eye is consistently blurry thanks to these lenses and I have to keep applying eye drops to make the vision clear.

In addition, the promotion is a fraud. I sent everything they had stated and I even checked multiple times that everything listed under the promotion requirements was in the envelope when I had sent it. Well when I checked my rebate status they said I had missing information. I have never been so confident that this company advertises promotions falsely to get new customers. In fact, as I'm reading through other people's reviews I'm seeing that many customers have shared similar experiences. Do yourself a favor. Do not fall for any false promotion advertisement of this company.

I sent in all of the required documentation to receive a $100 rebate and received a letter saying it was invalid because one or more of the UPC barcodes did not qualify for the offer? Which is completely false. And the amount of documentation required to be submitted was absolutely ridiculous. I could tell before I even submitted all of the documents that there was probably going to be an issue. They request all of the information because they know they are going to deny the rebate. I think a class action lawsuit needs to be filed again Bausch and Lomb and I will never buy any of their products again!

We filled out all the paperwork for the Bausch + Lomb rebate in March of 2016. Filled out everything and sent in enough UPCs to qualify for $100 rebate (confirmed by our eye doctor). However, when our prepaid card showed up it was only for $60. Hmm, figured I just did something incorrect and oh well, $60 is $60. Went to spend the $60 card and there was only $50 loaded on it!! I have tried 5 different 800-855-866 contact phone numbers and no matter what number you call you are stuck with a series of recorded menus and information. THERE IS NO WAY TO TALK TO A REAL PERSON!!! This awful experience has us reevaluating whether we will ever use Bausch + Lomb contacts again as there are many other companies that can provide the same product.

I have always used Bausch + Lomb contact solutions so I decided to try the PeroxiClear and went by all directions, and after soaking my contacts for 4 hours as directed, I put my first contact in my left eye and immediately felt pain and fire in my eye, and I could hardly remove my contact. So I thought maybe I had lotion on my fingers when I inserted contact and I washed my hands thoroughly, and proceeded to insert my right contact lens. Same very thing happened but worse, and it's been 7 hours ago. My eyes are running water and throbbing and are blood red, and very runny nose. PeroxiClear is a extremely dangerous product and it should definitely be taken off the market.

Had almost same exact problem last year. Sent in rebate. Followed all directions. Checked on status and it was denied. Made several phone calls, arguing with someone who could hardly speak English. Finally got a new number and received word it was accepted. Got rebate card in the mail - was supposed to be $130 and it was $45. Now I have to call and fight again. I will tell my Physician to never prescribe Bausch & Lomb contacts again. I'm done.

I bought this product from Walmart only because I enjoyed the other products supplied by this company. I followed all directions, soaked my lens as directed. Woke up the next morning, placed them in my eye. My eyes were on fire. Caused extreme burning. Finally got the lens out. Threw it away. Then my eye swelled shut. I had to go to the dr and get medication for eye injury, chemical burn and inflammation. Wth. I may as well as poured pure peroxide in my eyes. This product needs to be taken off the shelf.

Bausch & Lomb ULTRA 2016 Mail-In rebate - I have submitted all required documents for the $85.00 rebate. I got an email from them stating I did not include the receipt for the cost of the exam. I have since spoken to a rep and they gave me the fax number to fax. I am still showing my rebate is invalid. I have verified that all docs are in receipt by Bausch & Lomb.. Why do they have the rebates and then make it impossible to qualify for them???

I just purchased PeroxiClear and my husband used it for soaking his contacts in it. Yesterday my husband had to go to the emergency room with an extreme chemical burn on his eye after putting his contact in. We thought that he had something on his hands prior to putting his contact in that caused the burn. Today, again thinking his burn was from something he had on his hand I put my contact in after soaking it in PeroxiClear and had extreme burning of the eye. DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT. We incurred more than $150 of medical costs. After seeing other reviews, I question why this product is still on the market.

I did everything that was asked to receive a full $100 dollar rebate and when I received my prepaid card it was for $60. When I called to ask why I did not receive the additional $40, they told me I did not submit all of the necessary paperwork. I submitted everything and they are ripping me off! The only reason I went to their product was for the rebate. I WILL NOT USE THEIR CONTACT LENSES AGAIN. I think it is a cheap way to lure people into a product and not pay up. I am disgusted. As you can see by the other reviews, I am not the first to have this happen.

This is the WORST product I have ever bought!!! If I could give it 0 stars I would. I created this account just to review this product! These contacts were supposed to give my eyes more oxygen to decrease the chances of obtaining red blood cells and dry eyes. I would occasionally get dry eyes after wearing all day and thought these would last longer, but NOOOPE!!! I have never had so many problems and I should have stuck with my regular contacts.

This product is not the upgrade I was hoping for. It created problems I didn't have before. They were also about TWICE as expensive as my regular contacts when I got them because of the name and because it was new. I wanted to trust my eye doctor because he said he highly recommended it. Everyone is just trying to make money. I can only wear them for a half hour before they start hurting or they make my eyes dry, vision blurry and give me headaches. I followed the care directions perfectly, but these contacts are AWFUL. Never buy any products from them, my friend had problems with other products (wanna say one was eyedrops). Oh and besides getting a HORRIBLE product, I don't remember receiving a rebate refund. All in all just look at their overall ratings on here. They speak for themselves.

I had a normal eye exam in Dec 2015. My prescription changed very little. I can provide the examine notes. I ordered bifocal contacts and they worked great. I went to pick up my order of contacts after trying the sample for a few days. I received a coupon for 3.00 off the Bausch and Lomb PeroxiClear, so I bought it. I used as directed and tried to put my left contact in the following morning. It burned so bad that I dropped to my knees. I couldn't even try to get the lens out the burning and throbbing was so bad.

After finally getting it out I kept reading the container thinking I bought a strong cleaning agent for hard lenses, but I had not. It also said no rinsing necessary. I returned the product to Walmart where I bought it immediately and then the nightmare began. My contacts would not work. I went back to get them adjusted. They would work for a few days or a week and then not. I went back several times and finally gave up. I then decided that I've never had problems with contacts and that I would try a new doctor and he found my problem immediately and I have a macular hole which I did not have at my examine in Dec.

I had surgery on 4/14/2016 and am now recovering. I went from having a normal eye exam (I have worn contacts since 1975 with no problems ever) to having all sorts of trouble with contacts and glasses after using this product and now a macular hole. I swear on the Bible that this trauma with this product played a huge part in this situation. I am so upset and sad that I bought this stupid product and no one else should have to experience this kind of pain with any eye product by any company. I want to know what I can do? Do I have a consumer product case? I'm 56 years old and I've never contacted a lawyer for anything in my life, but I feel very strongly that I should be compensated for this damage. I know there are others out there who have had burning problems with this product also. Please advise.

I would love to just sue the pants off this place. I used this contact cleaner (PeroxiClear) and followed the directions to the letter and I have a chemical burn in my left eye from it. This should not be on the shelf!!!

My husband received a Bausch and Lomb/Walgreens coupon from his doctor's office for Prolensa eye drops needed for his cataract surgery. When the coupon was presented at Walgreens he was told it was denied "because you are too old". Exact words of the clerk. Upon reading the fine print we discovered that it stated the coupon was good only for patients over the age of 18 and under the age of 65. Is this not discrimination against the elderly? Most cataract patients are over the age of 65! Our doctor's office was not happy with this outcome and said they will no longer give out the coupon. Our cost at Walgreens in South Carolina would have been $295. Our doctor's office found us a discount pharmacy in Winter Park Florida who sent the eye drops to us overnight. We paid $60.

I received a letter saying my rebate was invalid. Called the phone #. Cannot get a live person and information is not forthcoming on the web either. I was told my eye doctor place of purchase was invalid or illegible. I was not asked or told how to provide additional information. This is very frustrating! I bought an extra 6 months of contacts for this deal and WILL NOT be using this company ever again.

Bausch & Lomb failed to honor its rebate. I was told by my eye doctor I'd get a $110 or $140 rebate or something -- it was well over $100, I remember that, for I wouldn't have bothered otherwise -- for filling out the rebate on the contact lenses, sending the box tops with the codes, etc., getting the eye doctor's signature, sending all back within a couple weeks of my checkup. Anyway, I did all that and B&L denied the rebate, though I jumped through ALL the hoops. I will NEVER use anything from this company again. I don't need the money, but I am personally very peeved to have been treated this way, to have wasted my time and then been insulted by these clowns.

The fact you need to do SO MANY things to get the rebate, to spend the personal time is what really peeves me. I've used their products for 40 years but will NEVER use B&L products again, including no more Ray Ban sunglasses. Bausch and Lomb is a company I no longer trust. If they are cheating on rebates, what else are they cheating and lying on? Shame on you Bausch & Lomb.

We purchased contact lenses and selected a qualifying doctor so we could qualify for rebate worth $150 each totaling $300 for both of us. After sending all required forms we received emailed that our rebate applications were invalid. After calling a toll free no. agent checked to see if we had a valid product or not. After checking we're told to call back in 7-10 days. My only question is why our rebates were rejected first and then told us to call back. So unless you call them you won't know if you qualify for rebate or not even if their advertising clearly shows so. So unless you call and follow up multiple times you won't get your rebate. Is that how it is?

I mailed in my rebate information and never received a response. I checked the status online and it says INVALID. Called the customer service number and before 7pm CST, and there is no live person to speak with. The recording states that my information for the address of my provider is not listed. How is that possible? Everything on my receipt is there. I have yet to hear anything about my rebate and I absolutely HATE these contacts. They're very uncomfortable and I will never choose these again!

Fault advertisement. I went to my eye doctor. Was told about a promotion they have going on at this time for your supply of contact lens. I sent in my rebate papers on 10/5/15. I was supposed to receive $100 back for this rebate. I contacted them today to find out where my rebate was and the amount they told me $60 where they advertise it as $100. I have seen many complaints on this. How are they getting away with this? Something needs to be done about this company ripping people off.

1 star is generous. I received a letter explaining why my rebate was being denied. They claimed my eye exam date was not provided (it was... I circled every date on every form I sent and have photocopies to prove it) and that my eye exam and contact lens purchase date fell outside the 60 day range required for the rebate. I had my appointment and purchased my contacts on the SAME DAY, as was clear in all the information I provided them with. Their customer service line is all automated, so they don't actually have to deal with complaints. Really frustrating and such a waste of time.

I submitted a rebate for 8 boxes of contact lenses and was supposed to get a $100 rebate, but I only receive $70 dollars. The phone number doesn't let me speak to someone and only gets me to an automated system. Very disappointing and frustrating.

I had an exam earlier this year and was urged to purchase the B&L Ultra contact lenses and receive a rebate. As of today, 9/29/15 I have NOT received my rebate. I have mailed the required information in twice and called numerous times. Their system says my information is valid as of 7/31/15, however, still no rebate. At this point, I regret purchasing more expensive lenses as I will probably never receive the rebate. Lesson learned!

Peroxi Care - This is not the first time I had trouble. Sensitive Eyes is awful too. I liked Biotrue so I thought I'd give Peroxi Clear a try. What a mistake. My lenses were ruined. They burned when I put them in my eyes. There is something definitely wrong with this solution. It doesn't seem to bubble as much as Clear Care does. It doesn't neutralize. I don't think it's a disc issue, because I bought another vial with a disc, same thing happened. It's the solution. There's something wrong with it. How long will it be until they recall this? I'm going to stop using Bausch forever. I can't ever trust this company. These are my eyes!!! How can this company be so irresponsible? Disgusting.

I have worn these contacts for a long time and I love the way they feel so I went and ordered a year supply of daily contact lenses and was informed it came with a 70.00 rebate that I would get back 8-10 weeks. My contacts came very quick so I got all of the documents together to submit my rebate. I submitted my rebate in April 2015 and they received it on May 4th, 2015. I have waited 18 WEEKS for my rebate and I HAVE STILL NOT RECEIVED IT! I have called multiple times and have been given the runaround stating that I needed to wait 10-12 weeks, so I did... NOTHING. Then I called again and they stated they had a higher volume on this particular rebate. 18 weeks... and I still have not gotten anything back. I have received nothing in the mail apologizing for the delay or a phone call or anything. I am the one that has been doing all of the legwork. 18 weeks is absolutely ridiculous.

Then I call for a final time and they stated my rebate was mailed out but that I needed to wait an additional 15-30 days from that date to receive it. How does that make sense? So all in all if I ever receive my rebate back I am guessing it will be a total of 20 WEEKS of waiting... 5 MONTHS! I am very disappointed by this. I paid all of my money up front thinking I would receive my rebate back within the 8-10 weeks - yeah right, what a joke!

Bausch & Lomb Company Profile