Bausch & Lomb

Compare Eyeglasses Online

Research top Eyeglasses Online recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I submitted all of the required documentation and never received my rebate. I tried to call their 855 number, but you don't have the option to actually speak with a person - simply a recording that repeats the exact info. you can view on their supposed rebates website. Total waste of time. Total scam. I won't be buying Bausch & Lomb anything ever again.

Received a debit card MANY MONTHS LATER (marked $60.00) but there were NO FUNDS on the card. Called 4.27.17 - Service rep said many cards had been compromised. Purchases were made across the USA in CA. Said would send out another card. STILL NO CARD. Called today 6.13 and told still working on the problem but should have new card within 15 business days. BUT if not received please call again. A year has passed and time to get new contacts. They will NOT be B&L if rebate is not received.

The terms and conditions of the rebate are meant to woo you into purchasing their product and then invalidate your rebate. The online system accepted my rebate documents and so I thought I was done. Then I got an email stating that the documents had invalid dates so I called. The rep informed me that, although my purchase date was within the terms because my eye exam date was over 60 days prior that I was unable to receive the rebate. My prescription was still valid, so what is the point of this? To dupe you into purchasing the product and think of any way to not fulfill the offer. That's my take on it. Looks like many others have had a similar experience. I will not purchase this brand again. This measly $60 they saved has lost them a lifetime daily contact lens-wearing customer.

I'm shocked to know that so many people have had problems with B+L rebates. This company is the worst I have ever dealt with. I generally buy my contacts from Costco where if applicable, I will get my rebate instantly. This time my doctor convinced me to buy from B+L and told me the type of contacts I was ordering would pay me $100-110 dollars back. I submitted all the required data on Nov 16-2016 and the system didn't complain of anything missing. Upon submission, I found that my rebate would be only $95 (shock #1). After nearly 8 weeks I was curious to know the status of my rebate and visited the website to only find that I was missing the UPC code; I never received any email from that company requesting the missing info!!!! (shock #2)

Immediately the next day (Jan 9, 2017) I submitted the pictures of all my boxes and promptly followed up via phone with a customer service agent who acknowledged receipt and assured that I should receive my card in 6-8 weeks. 8 weeks later on March 8 I bothered to visit the website again to check the status only to find out it is still pending (shock #3). I immediately called customer service to find out what's going on and the useless rep told me I have to wait for another 6-8 weeks. I demanded to escalate my case to his supervisor but he said a resolution would be available only after 7 business days.

A week later I check the status online to only find that my rebate amount has dropped from $95 to $60. Yes, 35 bucks less than originally stated!!! (shock #4)

Monday March 20, called B+L as soon as I could and demanded an explanation of the situation to only hear from another useless rep. I'm sorry but the products you purchased only qualify for a $60 rebate and you still have to have 8-10 weeks -now I have to wait longer! (shock #5) According to the rep, my case has reached the highest escalation point possible and there is nothing I can do other than wait... I got so really mad and I wished I had taken a screenshot of the webpage where for weeks/months it was showing that my $95 rebate was pending so I could publish it and contend this scam but you would never doubt such a large company like this and those would be the last things you'd think of.

Unfortunately I do not have a FB account or any other social media ones where people post these kind of issues till they go viral and get the attention of the media and company but I hope this long review helps others. It is definitely helping me vent. Last time I received an incorrect order from a fairly small company here in California and when I called them to notify of the same they immediately offered to either refund my money or to overnight me the right order to account for their mistake and either ways keep the incorrect product with me if I wanted. I really appreciated their customer service and willingness to do things right and asked them to ship the correct order using regular mail 5-7 business days. If I got that kind of service from a small-medium company I should not expect less from B+L but sadly my expectations have been unfulfilled. Thanks for reading and I'm including my tracking # for reference.

I feel "taken" and duped by B&L due to their rebate offer that never materialized and was so complicated that I think the redemption requirements were designed to NOT fulfill the offer. I mailed everything in requested. Dr. receipt, receipt showing that I ordered the specific supply required. I was suppose to receive a $50 or $60 rebate. Waited 2 1/2 months and have not received the advertised rebate. I don't have the time to fight for this. I never thought that such a reputable brand would do such a thing. Either they concocted a rebate that was meant to fool people or the administrating company is a scam. Either way, it's designed to not pay the consumer the rebate and in doing so harms their brand name. I may never buy a Bausch and Lomb product again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bausch & Lomb?

I purchase a year's worth of contact lenses October 4th, 2016 because my Dr. said I would get a $130 rebate from Bausch & Lomb. After reading these reviews I see now this was a scam created by B&L to get consumers to buy contact lenses by the boat loads and the screw them out of the rebate. This is January 27th, 2017 and I still do not have my rebate. When I checked my tracking number the first time it said my rebate could not be completed because I did not have the UPC codes on the invoice. I promptly gave them the UPC codes I had on my boxes and the rep assured me my rebate would be process immediately. That was October 28th, 2016 and to this date (1/27/17) I have not received anything. I have called several times since then and just the runaround. They have not intention of sending any of us a rebate. We just got screwed by this company.

I will no longer by B&L products of any kind!!! Someone should slap a class action lawsuit against them! Then they will pay for more than just the rebate. Goodbye Bausch & Lomb I will be sure to spread the word about your shady dealings on Facebook, Google reviews, Twitter, and any other social media source I can find. Everyone should know how you operate!

I am writing this review from my own experience of Bausch & Lomb products. I have been wearing Contact lenses for over 30 years and just completed my yearly exam on 1/18/2017 with great results. I have trusted Bausch & Lomb over the years with many of their products and currently use the Renu fresh product for my lenses. I instantly noticed the comfort of this product on my eyes. My lenses felt well lubricated and comfortable. I highly recommend this product and would say using a good product like Bausch & Lomb has attributed to my eye health of 30 plus years wearing contacts. Your vision is not worth skimping on and keeping good eye cleanliness is imperative to trouble free eye problems wearing contacts. I hope this review will help others in choosing a great product from the Bausch & Lomb line. Thanks.

I have been a long-time Bausch + Lomb customer. This year I did not submit my rebate within the 60 day period and they refused to rebate me the very modest rebate of $25. I even phoned to ask for an exception and was told NO. I will no longer be a customer. Great business sense Bausch + Lomb.

I mail everything in Aug 2016. Dr. Receipt. Pearl Vision receipt showing that we ordered a year’s supply, bar code from contacts. Was suppose to be a $60 rebate. Waited 2 1/2 month and heard nothing. Called customer service and spoke with Catherine and was told that they never received my information which was mailed to the PO box ** El Paso, TX. So then I called my eye dr and Pearl Vision and they mailed me receipts to resubmit this rebate. Sent everything and now they tell me that the Eye dr receipt only show payment but doesn't show what for and so now my rebate is invalid. This is so crazy. It is not worth the battle of $60 but we will never buy a Bausch and Lomb product again.

This is the second year in a row that I have gotten the run around on the $85 rebate even though all documentation was submitted accurately. This should be a class action lawsuit. They continually give the run around hoping the customers will give up! This is all levels of wrong! Let's band together and create a class action lawsuit against B&L!

First I'll start by saying after this experience we will never purchase Bausch + Lomb products again! I was given this rebate form at our doctor's office in our local Walmart Vision center. My husband was talked into these contacts by the doctor and the $85 rebate sealed the deal for us. I was careful to follow every direction to the T as I know how these rebate centers are looking for a reason to disqualify you. I also kept a copy of everything and kept detailed notes. I mailed my form on June 1st. By October 13, I knew something was wrong so I called. Customer service told me that my rebate was invalid because the Doctor's office receipt did not itemize the exam. It was just a generic receipt with the Doctor's heading at the top and a total at the bottom. Since it clearly states in the directions to send a copy of the original receipt with the date circled, I knew I had complied and I was not taking no for an answer.

So eventually I asked to speak to a supervisor who also fed me that same story. I continued to argue my case with him and he actually told me I needed to call the Dr. Office and demand they change their receipts. (Okay, like that would actually happen.) He continued to lecture me on what I did wrong and told me he would make this one exception and process my rebate. He said I should receive it in two weeks. Well he also bold faced lied to me. When I called back on 11/29/16 and spoke with another supervisor he apologized for the treatment I received and told me he did not know why I was lied to before but the real reason my claim was denied was because the skews did not match up. Apparently I bought the wrong contacts, but he was going to fix it. (Now I have compared the boxes on the rebate form to the ones I bought and with the exception of the word "for Presbyopia" they are identical.)

So he filed for me to get another rebate that was over for $60. Oh and I would have to wait 2 months because it would have to be approved. At this point I just wanted off the phone. I have never dealt with a company as shady as this! Even if the doctor's office sold me the wrong contacts with the rebate, it doesn't explain why their customer service repeatedly lied to me. They have lost my business for good and I hope someone sues the heck out of them for this!!

Just like the person before me posted but my rebate still says pending from July 5th when it was entered into the system. I sent several e-mails and have never gotten one back. I fulfilled my part of the agreement, why won't this company honor theirs! I will never buy from them again. I also feel a lawsuit should be brought against them!

So I went to get my eyes checked late 2015 and my optometrist recommended me to Bausch & Lomb's Ultra Contact Lenses. I figured I'd try them since Bausch & Lomb (B + L) had a deal where it explicitly stated I'd get $100 Rebate on my purchase as I had purchased multiple boxes of contacts for both my eyes. I was excited to try them on and I did, no issues with the contacts. That same night, as soon as I got home I started filling out the necessary information on the rebate form via their rebate website as mentioned on their form that I obtained from the optometrician's office and submitted all necessary documents (doctor's visit proof, prescription proof, proof of purchase, UPC bar codes)... the whole 9-yards. It was a successful submission as they received my documentation around January 13, 2016.

Then came April 2016, I checked the status using their tracking number. It said it was received and it was "FULFILLED". Later in April, I began to worry about where my $100 rebate (debit/credit card) went, so I called them up on their "1-855-806-3231" number as it was listed on their rebate site. Then after navigating from their main menu, I got through a customer service representative after about 35 minute hold time, who then gave me another number to call since my inquiry pertained to "missing / lost card" and he told me that if I call the "1-888-976-0113" number, all I'd have to do is provide my tracking number and someone would take care of my issue right away. I call the second number and after being put on hold for about 25 minutes someone answered my call. I explained my situation and provided my tracking number and confirmed my address.

They apologized in a fake way and said they would send me a "Replacement card" within the next couple weeks. I somewhat believed him but as a cautionary step, I had asked him about what happens if I don't get it within next couple weeks since I had to wait a while, and he said then they'd mail it to me via UPS or another carrier service sooner. Well, all that assurance sounded good via phone, but the reality is that it's November 2016, and I have yet to receive my $100 that I was promised. I called them today to inquire, and as usual nothing is easy with these rebate folks. I went through the hassle of calling both numbers again, and this time, when I called the second number, I was told that in order to get a "second replacement" they would charge me approximately $6 and given that it is November they would have to deduct the maintenance fee off it as well (September fee, October fee and November fee).

In short, I was NOT going to get my $100 as promised. The customer service representative said that it is part of their policy, which honestly is the biggest BS I've ever heard. How is this my fault, that I had submitted everything that was required in a timely manner in order to successfully obtain the rebate? Why should I pay for a "second replacement" card when in reality, I have NOT received or even seen the first original card and now the "second" rebate card!!!?? I had them confirm my address again (which they have it right from the beginning). I even offered to provide them a secondary mailing address but it seemed like somehow the conversation made me feel like it was all my fault for trusting this brand and the rebate offer. So, I requested to speak with the supervisor, and as usual after being put on hold for good 30 minutes they disconnected the line!

CLASS ACTION SUIT really needs to be FILED AGAINST the COMPANY and this REBATE CENTER for the FRAUD! It is supposed to be a simple process: B+L advertised rebate; I bought the product based on recommendation and sale promotion for rebate; I submit all the necessary paperwork successfully by following all instructions like a good consumer, and as a return courtesy I'm expecting my $100 rebate (nothing more, nothing less) in a timely manner without having to call every couple months to inquire about the status of my rebate and where it physically is.... Never been so disappointed at this brand.

After reading up on similar cases on this website, it seems that they have duped many people with similar problems!!!! Lesson learned: I'm never buying any BAUSCH & LOMB PRODUCTS, I rather give my business to another time worthy and loyal brand that actually cares about their products, services & customers!

In the past I had had no problem with AOSept/EasySept, but recently have been extremely dissatisfied. The old lens cases used to function well for at least a month, whilst I've been forced to discard these new, half-green cases after only a couple of weeks, sometimes less time. After only a short period of time, the case ceases to neutralize the solution, even after the lens having been left in there for a good 8-9 hours. In the morning, I've put my lens in my eye only to experience terrible burning. This can happen unexpectedly. Very dangerous.

I just read some of the posts about PeroxiClear. I was surprised to read some of the negative experiences that some users had. I worked in an eye dr.'s office for many years. I taught contact lens care & trained patients how to insert their lenses, remove them & care for them. One of the most important instruction was always wash your hands prior to handling your lenses. I have tried many brands but Bausch & Lomb has always worked well for me. One of my lenses is Acuvue II. The other is a toric lens from another company. I have allergies & have suffered for many yrs. at least 15 or more. I get red watering eyes. Sooo frustrating. I tried many contact solutions even Bausch & Lomb sensitive. Still had watering red eyes.The Renu solution is the one I used for years.

I had done some reading & came across an article about using Peroxide to clean contact lenses. One day I came across PeroxiClear! I wasn't even 1/3 of the way thru the bottle my red eyes & watering COMPLETELY STOPPED! Haven't had it since! :)) It has been a lifesaver for me. I will always use it. I ran out & used the Renu solution on my lenses. My eyes were irritated & redness started to come back. Have never used anything else since finding the PeroxiClear. What works for some might not work for everyone. When my kids were little a neighbor boy couldn't drink red Kool-Aid. His mom was working & he & his sister made red Kool-Aid. Poor kid's eyes swelled shut! Everyone is different. Just because one person can't use a product doesn't mean it's not a good product. Just might not work for them.

I have never had any irritation from using the PeroxiClear. It cured my red & watering eyes. I'm sure the Kool-Aid company isn't gonna stop making red Kool-Aid because one kid has an allergic reaction to it. For me it's been an awesome product. It's sooo nice to not have someone come up to me and ask me if I'm ok because my watering eyes look like I'm crying. Don't have to worry anymore. Those red & watering eyes are gone. :)) I just wanted to share my good experience with PeroxiClear. There can be a lot of reasons a person has eye irritation. It can be from taking prescriptions allergy tablets which can make your eyes dry. Being in air conditioning all day can make eyes dry & irritated. A lot of reasons... hair products, etc. Even getting plain water in your eye can be irritating. Thanks Bausch & Lomb for such an awesome product! I have recommended this product to many people.

Like everyone else, I am having major problems with Bausch + Lomb's rebate department. I filled out all the proper paperwork, and I submitted all of the required documents. Instead of getting the full $130.00 that was promised and advertised, I only got reimbursed $30.00 for the "eye exam." So I am still out $100.00 of the rebate that was promised. This process takes way too long, and I would bet that they count on you not following up or checking their work.

Contacting their representatives only makes matters more infuriating. The entire system is designed to fail for the consumer seeking the rebate. They will ask you for "Plus Codes" that had nothing to do with the original submission, and then refuse to help you because you don't have those mythical digits, etc. Stay away from this company. It is sleazy and not worth the anger or your time. P.S. If you really want to help, please process the following tracking number correctly. "Your rebate tracking number is: **."

So I ended up buying Bausch and Lomb Contact Lenses for the very first time just to test them out and because they were offering a promotion. My optometrist had suggested buying these contact lenses because I have dry eyes whenever I wear contact lenses. Well I made the mistake of buying an entire years worth of contact lenses. Let me just tell you guys if you have dry eyes do not buy these. You should buy Biofinity CooperVision contact lenses. They kept my eyes moist throughout the day. My right eye is consistently blurry thanks to these lenses and I have to keep applying eye drops to make the vision clear.

In addition, the promotion is a fraud. I sent everything they had stated and I even checked multiple times that everything listed under the promotion requirements was in the envelope when I had sent it. Well when I checked my rebate status they said I had missing information. I have never been so confident that this company advertises promotions falsely to get new customers. In fact, as I'm reading through other people's reviews I'm seeing that many customers have shared similar experiences. Do yourself a favor. Do not fall for any false promotion advertisement of this company.

I sent in all of the required documentation to receive a $100 rebate and received a letter saying it was invalid because one or more of the UPC barcodes did not qualify for the offer? Which is completely false. And the amount of documentation required to be submitted was absolutely ridiculous. I could tell before I even submitted all of the documents that there was probably going to be an issue. They request all of the information because they know they are going to deny the rebate. I think a class action lawsuit needs to be filed again Bausch and Lomb and I will never buy any of their products again!

We filled out all the paperwork for the Bausch + Lomb rebate in March of 2016. Filled out everything and sent in enough UPCs to qualify for $100 rebate (confirmed by our eye doctor). However, when our prepaid card showed up it was only for $60. Hmm, figured I just did something incorrect and oh well, $60 is $60. Went to spend the $60 card and there was only $50 loaded on it!! I have tried 5 different 800-855-866 contact phone numbers and no matter what number you call you are stuck with a series of recorded menus and information. THERE IS NO WAY TO TALK TO A REAL PERSON!!! This awful experience has us reevaluating whether we will ever use Bausch + Lomb contacts again as there are many other companies that can provide the same product.

I have always used Bausch + Lomb contact solutions so I decided to try the PeroxiClear and went by all directions, and after soaking my contacts for 4 hours as directed, I put my first contact in my left eye and immediately felt pain and fire in my eye, and I could hardly remove my contact. So I thought maybe I had lotion on my fingers when I inserted contact and I washed my hands thoroughly, and proceeded to insert my right contact lens. Same very thing happened but worse, and it's been 7 hours ago. My eyes are running water and throbbing and are blood red, and very runny nose. PeroxiClear is a extremely dangerous product and it should definitely be taken off the market.

Had almost same exact problem last year. Sent in rebate. Followed all directions. Checked on status and it was denied. Made several phone calls, arguing with someone who could hardly speak English. Finally got a new number and received word it was accepted. Got rebate card in the mail - was supposed to be $130 and it was $45. Now I have to call and fight again. I will tell my Physician to never prescribe Bausch & Lomb contacts again. I'm done.

I bought this product from Walmart only because I enjoyed the other products supplied by this company. I followed all directions, soaked my lens as directed. Woke up the next morning, placed them in my eye. My eyes were on fire. Caused extreme burning. Finally got the lens out. Threw it away. Then my eye swelled shut. I had to go to the dr and get medication for eye injury, chemical burn and inflammation. Wth. I may as well as poured pure peroxide in my eyes. This product needs to be taken off the shelf.

Bausch & Lomb ULTRA 2016 Mail-In rebate - I have submitted all required documents for the $85.00 rebate. I got an email from them stating I did not include the receipt for the cost of the exam. I have since spoken to a rep and they gave me the fax number to fax. I am still showing my rebate is invalid. I have verified that all docs are in receipt by Bausch & Lomb.. Why do they have the rebates and then make it impossible to qualify for them???

I just purchased PeroxiClear and my husband used it for soaking his contacts in it. Yesterday my husband had to go to the emergency room with an extreme chemical burn on his eye after putting his contact in. We thought that he had something on his hands prior to putting his contact in that caused the burn. Today, again thinking his burn was from something he had on his hand I put my contact in after soaking it in PeroxiClear and had extreme burning of the eye. DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT. We incurred more than $150 of medical costs. After seeing other reviews, I question why this product is still on the market.

I did everything that was asked to receive a full $100 dollar rebate and when I received my prepaid card it was for $60. When I called to ask why I did not receive the additional $40, they told me I did not submit all of the necessary paperwork. I submitted everything and they are ripping me off! The only reason I went to their product was for the rebate. I WILL NOT USE THEIR CONTACT LENSES AGAIN. I think it is a cheap way to lure people into a product and not pay up. I am disgusted. As you can see by the other reviews, I am not the first to have this happen.

This is the WORST product I have ever bought!!! If I could give it 0 stars I would. I created this account just to review this product! These contacts were supposed to give my eyes more oxygen to decrease the chances of obtaining red blood cells and dry eyes. I would occasionally get dry eyes after wearing all day and thought these would last longer, but NOOOPE!!! I have never had so many problems and I should have stuck with my regular contacts.

This product is not the upgrade I was hoping for. It created problems I didn't have before. They were also about TWICE as expensive as my regular contacts when I got them because of the name and because it was new. I wanted to trust my eye doctor because he said he highly recommended it. Everyone is just trying to make money. I can only wear them for a half hour before they start hurting or they make my eyes dry, vision blurry and give me headaches. I followed the care directions perfectly, but these contacts are AWFUL. Never buy any products from them, my friend had problems with other products (wanna say one was eyedrops). Oh and besides getting a HORRIBLE product, I don't remember receiving a rebate refund. All in all just look at their overall ratings on here. They speak for themselves.

I had a normal eye exam in Dec 2015. My prescription changed very little. I can provide the examine notes. I ordered bifocal contacts and they worked great. I went to pick up my order of contacts after trying the sample for a few days. I received a coupon for 3.00 off the Bausch and Lomb PeroxiClear, so I bought it. I used as directed and tried to put my left contact in the following morning. It burned so bad that I dropped to my knees. I couldn't even try to get the lens out the burning and throbbing was so bad.

After finally getting it out I kept reading the container thinking I bought a strong cleaning agent for hard lenses, but I had not. It also said no rinsing necessary. I returned the product to Walmart where I bought it immediately and then the nightmare began. My contacts would not work. I went back to get them adjusted. They would work for a few days or a week and then not. I went back several times and finally gave up. I then decided that I've never had problems with contacts and that I would try a new doctor and he found my problem immediately and I have a macular hole which I did not have at my examine in Dec.

I had surgery on 4/14/2016 and am now recovering. I went from having a normal eye exam (I have worn contacts since 1975 with no problems ever) to having all sorts of trouble with contacts and glasses after using this product and now a macular hole. I swear on the Bible that this trauma with this product played a huge part in this situation. I am so upset and sad that I bought this stupid product and no one else should have to experience this kind of pain with any eye product by any company. I want to know what I can do? Do I have a consumer product case? I'm 56 years old and I've never contacted a lawyer for anything in my life, but I feel very strongly that I should be compensated for this damage. I know there are others out there who have had burning problems with this product also. Please advise.

I would love to just sue the pants off this place. I used this contact cleaner (PeroxiClear) and followed the directions to the letter and I have a chemical burn in my left eye from it. This should not be on the shelf!!!

My husband received a Bausch and Lomb/Walgreens coupon from his doctor's office for Prolensa eye drops needed for his cataract surgery. When the coupon was presented at Walgreens he was told it was denied "because you are too old". Exact words of the clerk. Upon reading the fine print we discovered that it stated the coupon was good only for patients over the age of 18 and under the age of 65. Is this not discrimination against the elderly? Most cataract patients are over the age of 65! Our doctor's office was not happy with this outcome and said they will no longer give out the coupon. Our cost at Walgreens in South Carolina would have been $295. Our doctor's office found us a discount pharmacy in Winter Park Florida who sent the eye drops to us overnight. We paid $60.

I received a letter saying my rebate was invalid. Called the phone #. Cannot get a live person and information is not forthcoming on the web either. I was told my eye doctor place of purchase was invalid or illegible. I was not asked or told how to provide additional information. This is very frustrating! I bought an extra 6 months of contacts for this deal and WILL NOT be using this company ever again.

Bausch & Lomb Company Profile