1.64/5

Vector Marketing

91 Cutco and Vector Marketing Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 26, 2019

I was excited about this at first because I really excelled and was acknowledged for succeeding. I was even promoted to Assistant Manager early on! I was excited about this but I found out this meant I was doing even more UNPAID work! I no longer was paid 15$ per hour, I only received commission so I had to sell if I wanted any kind of paycheck on a rough week. My GPA started to struggle and I expressed my concerns to the Manager who was EXTREMELY unprofessional. They claim they are understanding and you make your own schedule but this cannot be farther from the truth. They push you and force you to set up demos even on holidays or on days you tell them you need off. They force you to sell things and it's like they need to know what you're doing every hour of every day. They say you make your own schedule but, don't let that fool you. When I became an Assistant Manager, I received even LESS freedom.

I informed my manager I would be out of state for the holidays and will not be working for four days. He continually called me the ENTIRE time! I told him I requested not to work and he decided that Assistant Managers weren't allowed to have days off because he wanted "constant communication." Even when I said I was done because of how immature this "man" was, he STILL called me for weeks on end pretending like he never treated me poorly. Save yourself and get any other job. This is a pyramid scheme by definition, so they have NO right to impede on personal lives the way they did on mine. I was working from 6AM to 2AM every day! Definitely not by choice. DO NOT WORK HERE IF YOU ARE CONSIDERING IT!! NOT ENOUGH FOR THE PAIN! I wish I could rate them a negative score. Please do not fall for the "good reviews" because they do not know what is coming yet!

Original review: April 28, 2019

I am a college student who has Facebook. I don't use it but I do have friends on Facebook that I've not talked to since middle school. I was just approached by a manager at Cutco about working for them saying that I was highly recommended by these people I've not seen or talked to since middle school. I find it heavily concerning that this company is using their employee's contact books and social media followers/followings to trap new people into a job. I feel it to be a violation of my personal privacy that should be illegal.

Get expert buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 26, 2019

I have always loved my Cutco knives purchased in 1992. Over the years they have celebrated many wonderful and sad occasions with our family. They always did their job. I decided after 27 years I should have them sharpened. It was a very easy process sending them away. I did insure them through our Canada Post as I knew they were worth a lot of money, and if they got lost it would cost a lot to replace them. I received the knives back within the 3 week time frame they said, and I was extremely happy that not only did they take them back, but they replaced each and every one of them. They work great. Very sharp. I must admit I forgot how great these knives were. All in all, I can’t say enough about my experience with Cutco. They were WELL worth the money I spent many years ago. Katherine in Lindsay, Ontario Canada.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

I bought a few knives and the sales screwed up the order so I got a different knife from the order shipped to me. I called the company, the person on the phone asked me to send a copy of my order (luckily I didn't throw it away) and acknowledged that they entered the wrong code and that's why I got a different knife. The person told me they would ship me the correct knife and I should return the wrong knife back. They will pay for the shipment so they were quick to email me the prepaid label. Everything sounded good except that after a month I was still waiting for the right knife to come. Called back again, this time they said there was no mention of any incorrect order until I read the email to them to prove that they acknowledged the mix-up.

It was very unpleasant experience dealing with the customer services. At one time I told them I didn't want the knife anymore, they told me I had to ship the one sent me by mistake in order to get my money back. I told them to send me a box so I can do that but they refused. It made me feel that it was my mistake that they shipped the wrong knife and they don't care of any inconveniences they have caused. These knives are not cheap and I expect better customer services.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2018

I am so disappointed with Cutco and their sales strategy. I received a phone call from a new rep, which was fine, where I became infuriated, was when this new rep told me she was REQUIRED to conference in her manager. When I continued to tell the rep and the manager that I was not in a place to buy knives, the manager tried to guilt trip me; saying things like, "Don't you want to support *insert her name* while she's in school? Don't you want to help her with her resume?"

After this particular rep decided to quit working for the company, Cutco sent a long, lie-filled text to all of her contacts (WITH a photo of her) without her knowledge or permission and was harassing her contacts to work for Cutco. If you are interested in working for Cutco... RUN! I know Cutco knives are great, but because of this experience I will never buy their product!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vector Marketing?

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

I purchased two pieces from Cutco and received a third item free. Under the terms of sale I paid half up front with the other half due on the 8th of February. Late January I received my order with all three pieces. I decided I did not want them and went about setting up a return in line with the 15 day money back guarantee provided by CUTCO. I filled out the online portion of the return, got the return label, put the two knives and free ice cream scoop in the box along with the paperwork I was supposed to include, sealed it, addressed it and took it to UPS who shipped it out with a tracking number. I have been waiting for the refund to hit and today when I looked I realized they had not only not refunded my money, but took the other half of the purchase price after having received the box on the 1st of February.

I called to complain and was told that the person who opened the box noted it was in good shape and unopened upon arrival and then claimed that the only item inside it was the ice cream scoop. I informed them that this was impossible as I had packed it myself, I was told that the person who made the notation would not have not included any item inside the box (so now I am being called a liar). I informed them that the answer was unsatisfactory and was told I need to wait until Monday to be able to talk to anyone who can actually do anything with this complaint. To this point I am calling their return policy false advertising, they are either thieves or incompetent and I do not know which would be worse. They so far espouse no intention of resolving my complaint other than telling me I am wrong and have to trust them.

Personally this sounds to me like a common business practice from the phone call I had and that they believe most people will give up and accept their theft. I have already submitted a complaint with the BBB and if I do not receive a satisfactory outcome I will continue to raise this issue as high as I need to, in order to receive an appropriate resolution.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

I sent 2 carving knives and a pair of shears to the Oakville, Ontario location for sharpening. Only 2 carving knives were returned. One had been sharpened and one had been replaced because of a broken tip. The shears were not returned. I immediately called the company and reported the loss. No response. I called a week later and was told that I had probably forgotten to include the shears in my package. I am out C$157, the cost to replace these wonderful scissors.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2017

If you already bought these knives, be very careful using them because they can be extremely dangerous. If you haven't bought them yet, I advise you not to. They can cost you a lot more than the dollar amount of the knives. You can cut yourself and not realize it until you see your blood flowing. Additionally, if you have the bad luck of having the knife slip from your hand, it can cost you major injuries like cut tendons and nerves. These injuries require surgery and a lot recuperation time. The paring knife, although small is (upon coming out of the factory) as sharp as a scalpel. That sharpness is unnecessary for cutting small fruits and veggies as it is intended for. My adult daughter suffered an injury that cut three tendons and her nerve because of that knife.

Original review: March 2, 2016

One of the great selling features of Cutco knives is that they will sharpen them free of charge. Good luck with that! I called the 1-800 number and was given the name of a representative near me. I left him numerous messages to no avail. He never returned any of my calls. Then at a local flea market, two Cutco representatives had a booth. I told them about my experience and they apologized profusely for their co-worker. One of the representatives promised that he would come out personally and sharpen my knives. We set up an appointment and he gave me his phone number. The day of the appointment I called him 2x to confirm that he was coming. He never answered my calls nor did he show up for the appointment. What a hassle! I do not recommend buying their products, especially if you are buying them for the free knife sharpening.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2016

I placed an order through Vector to buy my wife a Cutco knife for Christmas. I did speak with one rep last week who was great, but that has been the only positive experience with these guys. But my guess is that Vector processed my original order to Cutco incorrectly (forgot to list I wanted it engraved). And now, instead of just admitting their likely mistake (which happens and I would have totally understood, especially around the Holidays), are instead trying to make me feel as if I am somehow to blame. Or at least I feel I am being guilt tripped for not being more appreciative of their efforts outlined below. Whoever is to blame (Vector or Cutco), their approach is a poor way to run a customer oriented business.

Cutco and Vector Marketing Company Information