Cutco and Vector Marketing

Vector Marketing

3.9/5 (180 ratings)

About Vector Marketing

Cutco and Vector Marketing Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cutco and Vector Marketing?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vector Marketing?

Original review: Aug. 19, 2015

I filled out an application online through a job site to work there. Within 10 minutes they have called 3 times. They just keep calling. The fourth time they actually left a message to set up interview. By the time I got a chance to call them back they called again. They are very pushy. I Google them and realized what they were doing and decided I didn't want to get involved. Contacted them that I was no longer interested, unsubscribed to their email, stop the texts and blocked their phone number. They still continue emailing even though I unsubscribed and today they have called 3 times to find out why I didn't go to interview. Yesterday they called and left a message to remind of interview. I mean obviously if I don't show at interview I am no longer interested. You don't need to keep harassing me to find out what happened. I don't need to explain myself.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2015

You get a call from this lady who is pretty nice and she tells you that they are hiring and tells you to get an interview. Then after you accept to go to the interview she says to dress professionally like I didn't know that before, I'ma go ** naked. So when you get there it look alike motel. It's so dirty and they tell you to fill out an application and then you get like a 5-minute interview. Tbh I did pretty bad in the interview but he tells me to wait, that we are going to do a group interview, and it's like 60 minutes and after you take another interview and everybody gets hired. It's a scam. Don't go. You're starting at 14.50 every appointment you make with zero job experience. ** them.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2015

I read most of these complaints and stories. The facts are, yes, Vector Marketing misleads people into becoming Cutco sales representatives. Vector also does not provide compensation as promised for direct pay of hours worked. The company lacks integrity in this department. That being said, this is NOT a scam. Money can be made at a clip far greater than other positions available for high school grads. From June to July 2002, I earned over $10,000 plus Cutco knives and assets valued over $2,000. And I was only in the top 10%; other reps doubled my sales. It's a similar concept to any business venture, where there is capital required to promote a service or business.

To fail this company is a reflection of one's work ethic, salesmanship, or combined effects of outside variables that hindered success. I have been a military officer for ten years and own several properties and business ventures within my holdings company. I learned much during my two months and earned significantly more than my peers before starting college as a wide eyed freshman.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2015

2 weeks after graduating high school in 2014 I received a phone call stating about setting up a job interview in Edinburg, TX saying a friend of mine had recommended me. That same friend was recommended by other people and recommended me and other friends. I was desperate for a job and decided to set up the interview. The lady was 18 years old saying she would show us a video and see how we behave while watching it of what we might be doing. One friend was there and he was not behaving professional while watching it and putting his head down and yawning. I stayed up and acted interested in it. Afterwards I met with the 18 year old which was the "manager" and she hired me. After my friend went in, he was hired too even though earlier he didn't look professional but I did. Everyone is hired no matter what.

We later met at a different location nearby to talk with the main boss named Nick saying his BMW was paid by working with Vector. He kept saying that selling knives isn't sexy, but it works for selling. He made us write down names and numbers to call people to sell. I didn't write down all the numbers I knew because I know people hate these kinds of phone calls. Later on Nick told us to download their app on our phones and open it up. Then he said to delete it after 1 minute of using it and we did. I got messages on Facebook and text from friends who numbers I didn't give to this company and I hadn't talked to in years and saying that I recommended them for this.

This company basically got into our contacts with that app and called our contacts without our concerns. Friends and I only lasted less than 2 weeks at this "job". They kept saying $12 per hour and commission on items sold. I did the math of how much I should get in my paycheck and it was at around $90. I get my check and it's $21.39. I was so mad but might as well cash it. I went to a few places to cash it but they weren't able to. It was a check not many stores have cashed. I ended up going to HEB and they did cash it for me but charged me $3 so at the end all the money I wasted on gas driving around which was $70, no joke, I only made $18 from working there and not even enough to repay the money from my gas tank.

Don't fall for this scam!!! I went back this past summer 2015 to stores nearby and noticed the place they were at is no longer there and no one has received their phone calls lately. They probably moved to a different location and trying to scam others. Please be careful and don't go to them and block their numbers on your phone because they won't stop calling. I kept getting calls meanwhile I was working with them already. Good luck to everyone and don't fall for this please! Vector or Cutco are not the words you wanna hear in a phone call.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2015

I had worked for this company a few months ago thinking that I could make money but I was wrong. It stared off with me going to an interview then 3 days of unpaid training and on the third day I had purchased 2 peelers from my boss and was not given a receipt nor change back and was told in my training that I could do as I wanted with the product that I purchased. Little did I know she was lying and the company tried to come after me for selling product that I had purchased and terminated my contract with the company and said that if I posted another ad with their product, that they would press charges on me when they can't do that after I purchased it. So therefore I will never never never refer anyone to work for them nor to buy anything from them.

Original review: July 28, 2015

About a year ago I randomly got a phone call from a woman who seemed nice enough wanting to set up and interview. She never said her name or the name of the company or what I would be selling. She kept on telling me that I was a perfect fit for their company and the only information about the company she would tell me was that "it's not your typical door to door selling." I desperately needed a job so I set up an interview. Over the next couple of days different people continued to call me to set up and interview even though I had already done so. None of them ever introducing themselves or telling me the name of the company. The only reason I ever found out the company name was because I finally got an email reminding me of my interview time. The email was very unprofessional and seemed kind of sketchy so I researched the name of the company.

As soon as I typed in Vector on Google all that came up was scam stuff. Whenever I tried to call to cancel my interview I had to call several different numbers and each one no one answered and the number had been disconnected. When I finally got in touch with someone she argued with me forever and eventually hung up the phone on me. Then the night after my interview had passed I got an email basically saying in other words that I had made the wrong choice and I would regret not joining the company. It seemed so odd and unprofessional. I had never and still to this day have never experienced anything like that from any other companies I've applied at. I still to this day get letters in the mail from Vector wanting me to set up an interview but I'm not interested in a pyramid scheme that preys on young people.

Original review: July 22, 2015

After a month of graduating high school, I received a phone call from this Vector Company. They called about how my friend had ranted about me and said that I should work for this job. I was a little confused because I haven't talked to this friend in months. The person on the phone went on and told me about herself and giving her name, which was Jenna. I told her I didn't think I was interested because I already had two jobs, a retail job and a job at a kids camp. She persisted that I still come in an interview. We scheduled my interview for the next day. Due to a family emergency that happened overnight, I could not make the interview. I tried calling the number back the next day to tell them that I couldn't make it, but no one answered.

Later, that same week I got a call from a different number, but similar. It was the same voice but now her name was Ashley. She basically went on about how my friend talked about me. I was very confused at this point, and wanted to see what this was about. This time I told them that was interested and got an interview that day. I brought a friend to the interview, because reading the reviews on here and other sites, I thought it was sketch.

When I arrived, the place looked rented out. No sign, and sort of trashy on the outside. (When I arrived home, I figured out it was, but not to this company) I walked in not expecting much. There was some chairs so my friend and I sat down. About 30 minutes later, 20 minutes after the time the interview was scheduled, a young man around 19 walked out. As I followed him back to "his office", I noticed all the other rooms were empty. His office had a simple desk and two chairs. No laptop, pictures or anything. He interviewed me with simple questions, like what my goals were and stuff. At the end of the very short interview, I asked him if he knew my friend who worked there. He looked puzzled and said "No I have no idea what you are talking about." I quickly told him I wasn't interested and left the building.

Since then I talked to my friend who "works" there and told him what happened. He said they did the same thing to him and he quickly denied. I have also received many calls, around 10 am everyday for the past 2 weeks about this job, all calls made from different numbers. This company is a joke and scams you. There might actually be people who love this job and such, but with the treatment that I experienced, I could not do it. They lied and if they have to lie to get people for interviews, they don't deserve a company.

Original review: July 18, 2015

I agreed to a Cutco presentation by a young person, a recent high school graduate that I am very fond of. She had been recently hired by Vector and needed to do 5 presentations over the first weekend. She told me that I did not have to buy anything and that she got $18.50/hr for the presentation. Because she was new, she needed to read the script, it was very high-pressured. She asked me eight times to buy something (8 times being the magic psychological breaking point for a sales pitch). The prices were not revealed until the end-- and they were outrageous! I did not buy anything and at the end, she asked me to write down 20 of my friends and their contact information. I told her that I was not comfortable giving out contact information without first checking with my friends. She was very hurt.

Vector trains these young naive people to play heavily on their potential customer's sympathy and affection for them. Vector's new minions have to fork out money to buy their demo products, do not get paid for training and the $18.50 for a presentation sounds good until you add up all the unpaid hours. I am against this type of exploitation of young people and I hope this company is investigated and shut down.

Original review: July 17, 2015

Hi, I recently got a job with Vector. I received a letter in the mail and noticed the 17 dollar base pay, which is what got me interested. I gave them a call and had a relatively entertaining conversation with an assistant manager. They told me to come in for an interview that day, and I later got the job. I was not informed that I would have mandatory meetings at the office two times a week, along with the unpaid training. However, I stuck through it and was off to my first weekend on the job. I had a good experience selling the knives my first day going 3 for 3. It is difficult to keep that kind of momentum, but you learn a lot about yourself in the process.

This may sound cheesy but as a current Vector marketing sales rep, it's safe to say that there is opportunity to make a lot of money but in reality this job will set you up for your future. You get lot of life skills and real world job experiences through this job. I highly recommend this job to someone looking for a chance to build their resume. Don't throw this opportunity out the window based off of others reviews, try it out for yourself and then make that decision!

Original review: July 17, 2015

I arrived at the Windy Hill office desperate for an opportunity. With a wife, two children and countless bills, after you lose your job, any opportunity immediately boosts your confidence. They hired me very quickly and after spending basically a whole day there, I left just as quickly. Three 10 hour days of unpaid training and being asked to name potential employees as well as being asked to name 15 family or friends willing to purchase their products. That's like doing all their work for them with minimal spending on their part.

I called the manager to let him know that I was unable to further commit to the company. On the other end of that phone was the nastiest person I had ever heard from a professional standpoint. W/o repeating what he said, I can tell you my anger prompted me to write him, which is something I had never done before. Now my young son has experienced the same up and down feeling I felt 10 years ago. Even if it's family, how do you get 15 family members to make purchases out of the blue.

Cutco and Vector Marketing Company Information