1.64/5

Vector Marketing

91 Cutco and Vector Marketing Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 10, 2015

So, on Tuesday I get a call from a lady (never giving me her name of course) telling me there is an open positing as a Sales Rep for a company (not telling me the company name) that pays $15/hr + whatever you sell to customers. I was never told what exactly I would be doing on this so called "job" if I were to get it besides that it wasn't a "door to door" job. She gave me very little information about where I was to be going for an interview. Never mind the fact that I had NEVER sent in an application for the job position and thought it was very odd how they came in contact with my cell phone number.

I set up an interview anyway at 11:30 the next morning since I'm currently looking for a new job. The lady on the phone had told me that I "needed" to dress professional (as if I wasn't going to in the first place) which seemed very odd. I get an email confirmation about my interview which is then how I found out what the actual damn business was called, looked it up and saw horrible reviews about it and how it was a "scam". I then decided I wasn't going to the interview and then canceled.

The next day at about 4pm, I get an email and text about how I "missed" the interview and there are serious consequences to a "missed interview" which seems very unprofessional. The little experience I have had with this company seems very sketchy and I would NOT recommend it to anyone. It sounds like a total scam.

Original review: July 9, 2015

I got a call yesterday from a lady and she said a guy that works for Vector already recommended me for this job. That seemed very odd to me because I haven't talked to him in over a year. So thinking it was a prank I just kind of went along with it. She told me I would start at making 15 dollars an hour. She then asked if I was 18 or older and I said no, and she asked if I was at least 17 and I told her yes. She then asked if I was a high school graduate and I told her "No. I'm a senior in high school." She then told me they would call me once I graduate. That seemed pretty weird to wait a year for a job interview.

Original review: July 9, 2015

I'm writing this review concerning Vector Marketing as a concerned parent and someone who was recently approached by a family friend concerning this product. I frankly cannot believe this company is still in business! Vector was around 30 years ago when I was in college and have continued to scam college students and hungry potential workers ever since apparently. As a professional chef and someone who's been in sales my entire life, I cannot tell you how horrendous this company is.

First of all their products are cheaply made and sub-standard. Any chef will tell you never to purchase a stamped knife like the ones they sell. All high-quality knives are always made of forged steel. Secondly from a sales point of view, any pyramid marketing scheme like this is a means to an end for its employees. They hope you purchase a set yourself as a demo, make money there, and sell a few of your friends and family, then don't care If continue or not, as they benefit either way. Parents please tell your children not to work for this company!!!

Original review: July 6, 2015

As a preface, I am currently a student who has had experience with the sales side of Vector as a representative. I'd recommend the position to any student who is willing to sacrifice a bit of time in order to make a fair amount of money during the summer. Personally, I live in Florida and attend school in Texas. Getting the position at Vector was intended to be very part time and for the most part, it was.

The problem I have with the recruiting strategy is not that they recruited my age group (19-21) because if you really think about it, it is a natural market, and also an opportunistic age, thus, a near flawless business model; but rather the reviews written by people who never gave it a chance. I almost quit on my third day of training. Yeah, 15 hours of unpaid training, and on a WEEKEND during the SUMMER, "oh my goodness, whatever shall I do?" I went through the reviews and the bashing and the negatives and eventually my manager told me to try it for a day. Just give it a day. I picked up my little pity party and headed out the door awaiting my first $15 from the appointment. Man, was I in for a ride.

This brings me to my next point: If you're reading this like I did, during training or before, don't look at the $15 per appointment as a baseline. If you are hardworking, able to commit some of your precious partying time, and willing to put yourself into the business world, while maintaining a professional attitude and holding yourself to the highest of your own expectations and dreams, pursue it. It's a wonderful growth opportunity.

If you're the type to write your buddy's name on the form. The one who doesn't work and literally does not have money for anything - much less a knife, then complain on here about not getting credit for that appointment. If you don't think people who are married, homeowners, who are 30-60 years old exist, or if you think that the manager, who was in the same position or worse a year or two ago comes off as unprofessional because he's a college-aged kid watching youtube videos or a movie in the office he opened because he has been working his tail off (where's your office by the way?), please feel free to drop a note in the hurt-feelings box on your way out of the door to go apply to a more suitable position.

Original review: July 5, 2015

A friend of mine gave this company my phone number and they called me randomly in the middle of the day. The lady on the phone was very nice. She asked me if I was interested in having an appointment with the company. She forgot to mention what it is I'll be selling and completely forgot to mention that the training is unpaid for. After a little bit of thought I decided to say yes. My first day of training was horrible. Walking in the office just seems so empty and unprofessional. There is two desks in the whole office which are filled with cheap chairs which is extremely uninviting. It didn't seem like a real office. I walked in to a room along with 20 other people waiting to be interviewed. While I was waiting I was told by a 19-year-old manager to fill out a middle school worksheet about my goals and why I should be picked to work for the company. It literally took two minutes.

He took in one person one by one to be interviewed one on one. He finally called my name and I walked in into his so called Office where he pretended to read my application. Don't get me wrong this young man was really nice but he seemed like he was not getting paid enough to be there. He didn't look happy to be working there at all. He asked me some questions about myself and my experience and why wanted to work there. And that was pretty much it. After he pulled in everyone one by one he then started pulling people by two and I got pulled in along with another young man and we basically got told that we have the job and we start training right away. Still no one decided to tell us that the training will be A total of 20 long unpaid hours. Still I showed up for training anyway.

The guy that was training us was really nice but I'm not going to lie training was the worst experience ever. It seemed like it was so dragged on. And the worst part is I wasn't even getting paid for it. In the middle of the training session they made you call multiple people to set up appointments to sell the product and I tried explaining to him that I'm not interested in working right now I'm interested in working later that week and he looked at me and said that if I don't practice my calls that all this time in training is a waste of time. He told me that I had to call and set up appointments. I tried explaining to him that I have a second job and so this isn't my first priority.

I was being pressured to set up appointments I didn't feel like sitting up at the moment. So of course I ** some calls to make it seem like I was setting up appointments as he just glared at me. Then he forgets to mention that we have multiple meetings coming up during the week. This trainer knew that I had a second job. So when I asked him for some dates of some future meetings he looked annoyed and said that we're not going to talk about that yet. But he will let me know when it's time. I tried explaining to him that I have a second job and then I need to request days off if needed to. To be very honest with you he didn't give a ** that I had a second job. He didn't give a ** that I had other priorities. He didn't care he just wanted me to sell his product. He made us do weird things like call him at 8:00 PM to check up on us and see how we're selling the product.

I don't have time to call my manager at 8:00 PM. I have a boyfriend other responsibilities and a second job. This job is a scam. You're working even when you're not working. And it's so hard to just set up appointments when literally No one is interested in buying the product and your boss is harassing you to do so anyway. I was thinking about quitting. But before I did I talk to another manager in the office let's call her Mary. I asked Mary if she liked her job at the company. She was a dated manager really. She said that the people here are very nice. That's it. She didn't say anything about how much she loved her job. You can tell she was lying. That ** hates her job.

The pay $15 an hour seems awesome at first until you realize that you should be getting paid a lot more for the amount that you are working for. I should've known that the unpaid training is a sign that this company is not something to be trusted. So finally I decided to call him one of the managers and tell them I was quitting. I told him I got a new internship and I would not have enough time to do all three jobs at the same time. She was very nice about it but I knew that if I called my general manager he would be a dick about it so I avoided that. Quitting job was the best thing I've ever decided to do in my life ever. Do not waste your time here.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vector Marketing?

Original review: July 5, 2015

To start off, DO NOT let other's negative comments and/or reviews make you think twice or turn away this opportunity. With any opportunity, try it first and make your decision after. I definitely had second thoughts about this job and thought that this was too good to be true. But once I actually started, it was pretty nice. It was a lot of fun giving the demonstrations and watch people marvel over the products compared to their own at home. The paychecks were AWESOME! As I said, you get out what you put in. The first week I worked, my first paycheck was $346.87! I have a friend who made that in one summer! My highest paycheck so far has been $467.45 and my lowest was about $27. By the end of the 2nd week, everything was GREAT!

Though, after being 4 weeks in...the water eventually runs out. NOTE: Everyone is different! You can be the person who racks up 500 recommendations and will be good to go but, you can be the person like me and gets tired of it. This is a good company to work for, but ** what I DO NOT like about the company is that they push you and force you to set up demos even on holidays. They force you to sell things and it's like they need to know what you're doing every hour of every day. They say you make your own schedule but, don't let that fool you. You're going to be booking demos everyday! Not saying that's a bad thing but, it aggravating.

And lastly, they LIE! Wait, this is definitely not a terrible thing since we are in the business and sales world but, for me, it just wasn't my thing. They lie to get customers to believe them and I guess I feel some type of way about this lying thing because I feel like when they are talking on the phone with me or talking to me about something, they are using the same technique on me thinking they have me fooled. Ha. But, try it yourself and see what happens. I hope this helped!

Original review: July 1, 2015

The day I graduated high school (2009), right after the ceremony, all my classmates got handed an open letter from a few people in their 20's saying to come work for Vector - summer jobs available with the promise of $15/hour. A couple days later I applied online and not even 5 minutes later I got a call from a woman from Vector offering me an interview. When I asked what the job actually was she said it was a marketing position - calling and selling product (a product name that was not given to me).

I told her I was not the right person for this since I am not good at selling things. She said I would be trained in doing so. I kept insisting I was not interested and hung up. I got about 2 more phone calls back to back from the same number. At that point I felt harassed. They would leave a voice message or anything. After reading all these comments I'm definitely glad I never worked for them. I don't know how 2 of my classmates ever worked for them. They're shady AF!!!!

Original review: June 29, 2015

My experience with Vector Marketing is incredibly recent. I'm a nineteen year old college student and have been looking for a job with no luck for the past several months. That was, until I stumbled upon Vector Marketing. At this point I was pretty desperate and figured I might as well apply. The day after I submitted my application online (they didn't even ask to see a resume) I kept getting calls during class from an unknown number. About the fourth call I actually picked up the phone and was spoken to by a receptionist from Vector to set up an interview for the next day. Of course I was excited, I hadn't actually managed to get an interview with any of the other places I had applied to.

When it came to the interview, it took place in a small office in a sketchy looking rent-an-office type place with one other applicant. It took forever for the manager to actually come in to interview us, where he gave us what I came to learn was basically a miniature version of the demo given to customers. I was impressed, and when offered the position I agreed. He had made it sound like a great job, but I came to realize that it wouldn't be, especially with 21 hours of unpaid training.

Day 1 of training: Fifteen of us were asked to show up wearing professional attire, packed into a small room with folding chairs set up (no space to walk between them) from 11 AM to 5PM with one break at 12. We were instructed on how to read from our manuals, and we made jokes that it was like they were trying to brainwash us. I figured maybe day two would be better.

Day two: Two of us had made the decision to quit already. Once again we were packed into the small room but from 10AM - 5PM. 7 hours. With one break. Unpaid. The manager had us call people meeting their requirements to sell to that we knew. 30+ year old women that owned homes and were married. They kept making comments about how they didn't want us doing demos for men because "women are the ones that cook and work in the kitchen". If we tried to schedule an appointment with a someone who didn't meet all of those requirements our manager would have us call them back and cancel. We were also told that we'd be expected to put in 1.5 to 3 hours of call time a day, unpaid.

Day 3: 9am to 4pm training. 7 hours. 3 breaks finally because the manager had to deal with some personal issues. Went through more calling and he would have us go through our call list to show him how many calls we had made. Got our demo bags without a deposit, thankfully. We also had to have scheduled demos, 3 or more, for that night after training. 1 demo = 1 hour. Training = 7 hours Calls = 3 hours so we were expected to do 11.5-13 hours of work with them on a Friday, not even figuring in the time it would take to drive to each demo. Plus, we were told to call our manager after every single demo to "check in".

At this point I had put in about 20 hours of training and was ready for a weekend. Only, we were expected to do several demos over the weekend and to do advanced training the Monday after. At the time they hire you they say that this is a part time job, but it honestly isn't. You don't get a day off, and most of the work you put in you don't get paid for. Yeah you can earn $16 for one demo, but it's not worth it. I'm currently in the process of trying to quit. I called up my manager and explained that the job is not for me (leaving out that I feel like we're scamming our customers. A pair of kitchen scissors is $107), only for him to try talking me out of it, getting exasperated, and ordering me to come in on the morning of advanced training.

Original review: June 29, 2015

I had just graduated high school when I received a letter in the mail from Vector offering me job opportunities. So of course, I went online and applied. They called the next day but I missed their first few calls. I had tried to call them back several times but no one would answer. Finally I called them one more time and they answered, the guy scheduled an interview that day. My boyfriend and I went almost 40 miles to get to this place. When we got there there was only one car in the whole office complex. We walked in and there was no one there, there was a few chairs and several rooms. A few minutes later a guy who looked about my age came in and gave me a paper application to fill out. After I finished that he took me back for an interview which took like 5 minutes. He then told me that he'd like for me to stay for a second interview, he told me that it would take 60-90 minutes and insisted that I tell my boyfriend to leave and do something else.

I went back to the lobby and there was another guy sitting there with my boyfriend. He gave him an application as well and pulled him back for an interview also. We never saw the guy leave the building or ever again for that matter. I told my boyfriend that the guy insisted he leave and that's when he knew something wasn't right. The manager or whatever came back and took me to like a conference room and my boyfriend followed. The manager got extremely upset about it and told him to leave so he just sat in the lobby.

I figured I'd give the guy the benefit of the doubt and let him do the second interview which was a presentation about Cutco knives. He went on a big rant about what the company was about and what employees had to do (which was set up appointments with families or women 30+ years). He explained that I had to have 3 days of unpaid training. He had me cut up several things with the Cutco knives and explained the pay and asked me ridiculous questions about everything. Then he gave me a questionnaire and proceeded to put on rap music while I filled it out. He pulled me back in his bland office where there was nothing but a desk and 2 chairs and told me I was hired. Luckily while my boyfriend was waiting he looked up the place since it was oddly empty and very suspicious and told me that it was a scam. I never came back for my UNPAID training. Vector and Cutco is ** and I wouldn't recommend going to them.

Original review: June 25, 2015

I received a call on the way to an interview from a woman who was nice enough and attempted a short interview over the phone. After asking several mundane questions about my major in college and what I wanted a job for, she set me up for an interview about 5 hours later that same day! Okay, being desperate for a job I went there and was greeted by loud music coming from what was supposed to be the interview room in a suspect looking building. The room looked like it had gone through several wars, and had random chairs and posters strewn about, as well as a carpet that was just as much hair and dirt as it was carpet.

After listening through a presentation of the product, knives, I was pulled to the side and in an effort of feigning hard thoughtful consideration was given the job. The scheme was 17.25 per appointment made with a person over 30, and with a full-time job. YOU must forage through your contacts, make an appointment, attempt to sell their product over an hour of talking to them, and then if you sell it you receive either commission, or the $17, whichever was higher. I came back the second day for training for about 6 hours and about half or more of the people that were from the interview were there, which showed how competitive it truly was. The people that made the cut, were also obviously not there because of some special reason. Many of them had trouble speaking basic English, much less sell products to customers.

All in all if you wish to run around the city, contacting everyone you worked hard to create a relationship with and annoy them trying to sell them knives, this is for you. The entire business is unprofessional in every sense of the word, and while yes if you happen to know a lot of middle-aged relatively wealthy women you can make a decent amount of money if you put in the work, but I got the feel that the company just abuses the college kid's desperation for a job to make profit off of their personal relationships.

Original review: June 24, 2015

I got a call from your company, supposedly the manager and she did not even want to give me her name. If she was really a professional manager why didn't she want to give me her name? The number she called me from was **. I NEVER worked for your company and you cannot say you gave me a set of knives if I never received them nor I signed anything claiming I was responsible for that product. She threatened me with the police and claim she was sending it to collections, I never worked for you at all, how can you say I took something from this company? Where is your evidence??? I am making a report and calling the police for identity theft on your company!

Original review: June 20, 2015

I was given the original set by my parents many years ago and Mother also had knives. I have bought a few extra pieces at state fair or other places. I have never had problems and the knives have remained sharp as when I got them.

Original review: June 20, 2015

I received a letter in the mail from Vector and decided to apply. I scheduled an interview for Thursday, June 18 at 3:45 pm. I showed up, went through a long interview in a mostly empty building, and was told I was hired. I spoke with the manager and we came to the conclusion that I would not be able to attend trainings Friday, but would go Saturday and do the rest online. Today, Friday June 19, I received an email that states:

You were scheduled to begin your training with Vector at the Altoona office on Thursday, June 18th at 12:00 PM. When you didn't arrive, we were forced to begin the training seminar without you. Can you please give us an immediate call at (814) 889-0337 and speak with one of our staff? We would like to hear what happened to keep you from arriving as scheduled so we can decide together whether we should reschedule your training for another date.

If something legitimate kept you from arriving as scheduled, we might work with you this one time to ensure you can retain your position. If you did not show up because you wish to cancel your position with Vector for some reason, please give us a courtesy call so we don't contact you again. We look forward to hearing from you!

How could I attend a training for a job I wasn't hired for yet? Adding to my dissatisfaction, when I attempted to call the office at two different numbers, both were disconnected. I do not believe I will take the job opportunity.

Original review: June 16, 2015

I have been working for vector for a couple of months now and I am really enjoying it. The company starts off with a group interview, similar to the ones held at retail jobs. My first group interview had around 10 people in it. The interviewer was a manager/assistant manager. In the interview we learned about the product and exactly what the job entails. The job of the sales rep is to book appointments, go to the person's home, do the demo, and get referrals for future demos. The job is very simple for anyone who is willing to work hard for their money.

In my first month at the job I made around $4000. The pay is either based on appointment ($16.05/appointment in Canada) or on commissions if you make a sale. The product is amazing and no other knives have come close to it in the ~60 demos I have done so far. This job helps build time management, people skills, phone skills, and sales is a good experience for anyone looking to be successful in life. The job can be done part time or full time, it all depends on how many demos you book. Your schedule is in your control and it is the perfect summer job for ambitious students or young adults looking for some money to get their lives started. However, this job is not for lazy people.

In order to succeed with Vector you must invest time, energy and it can be very difficult at times. It is all worth it once you see your pay cheque. The job starts by making practice appointments with people you know and then expanding your clientele with leads/referrals. If you are uncomfortable with basic human contact then this is not the job for you. If you are not looking to work hard then this job is not for you. This job is for people with ambition and who want to make serious money that is proportional to their effort.

In regards to the unpaid training, you should look at it as an investment. Why would the company invest their time into training someone who is not serious. And if you are unemployed you probably do not have a lot going on anyways. It is worth it to do the training before deciding the job is not for you. You get paid once you start doing demos. The sample kit is also an investment. You cannot sell the product if you have nothing to show the customer. At my office, the rep can either purchase the sample kit or just pay the deposit and get their money back once they return the kit.

The people who complain about Vector usually did not give the company a fair chance. The people who succeeded with Vector are too busy making money to leave reviews about how good this job is to them. I look forward to advancement opportunities with a company that embraces experience-less students and anyone willing to work hard. In conclusion, I am glad I decided to give the company a chance as it has been one of the best financial decisions I have made so far in my life.

Original review: June 13, 2015

There's a lot of reviews out there that generally are on one end of the spectrum or the other end. Those ends being Cutco is a scam or that they're a great company. I personally see sales people as pushy just because of the nature of their jobs. I'd say Cutco isn't as pushy but in the training it's emphasized that you want to sell at least one item each demo. I shouldn't have accepted the job to begin with because of my personal views of sales reps as mentioned but they hooked me in with the line that Vector Marketing looks great on a resume. I'd say Cutco does take advantage of college kids because college kids are looking for a way to make money that doesn't require long hours and Cutco knows college kids have friends and family who will want to help so it's an easy market for them. That's why they don't go door to door because they can get into those homes through college kids.

A word to the wise, Cutco is not easy hours. In training they tell you just to book five demos you have to spend 1 to 2 hours on the phone. You constantly have to be calling people just to work, and you don't get paid those hours of calling or training. That's the other reason I didn't stay with Cutco is that it wasn't a part time job I could slide into my existing schedule. They are also pretty controlling - you have to call before your first demo of the day and then after each demo and you won't get paid unless you're showing the product to a married couple who are between the ages 30 & 60 and own a home. If you're comfortable selling knives to friends and family and don't have another commitments, this may be the job for you.

Original review: June 11, 2015

It is actually funny back in 2010 at my graduation there was a man outside our gates handing out envelopes that said "congratulations". When I got home I opened the envelope to find out they were offering jobs to graduates. So I called them and set up an interview. I went in the next day and was in an interview with twenty other people. We were told it was an interview and we had to take notes. He told us a little about Vector and that we would be selling Cutco products and that we had to put a deposit on the knives we were going to be selling. They told us that we would make appointments and then meet with customers about selling the products. I should also mention that they told us we would make all the calls from our own personal phones. We were told we would be given fifteen dollars base pay and some commission.

So it seems the pay has gone up since then. After telling us all this he showed us some of the products we would be selling. After that he said he would pull two of us out to be selected for the job. A guy my age and I were pulled aside and offered the jobs and after hearing all that I declined and told them the job wasn't that appealing to me. I thought I was done with them until today actually. My girlfriend recently started applying everywhere and Vector was one of them. They called her back right away and did the same thing with her. But they asked her for names and numbers of friends. She assumed it was a reference. They ended up calling me on my break and offered me a job working for them. I told them that I already have a job working at Publix and that I am happy here and as soon as I said that she said "okay" and hung up right away. So I have to say that my experience with Vector has not been a very pleasant one at that.

Original review: June 10, 2015

I got a letter in the mail saying that there was a summer job opportunity. Being fresh out of high school I completed an application online. Not anymore than two mins later I get a call, saying that they're interested and would like me to come in for an interview. The lady on the phone told me that it would be a cubicle job-- answering phones and placing orders. When I got there the building was not what I thought it would have been. It was a blank-ish building (vector or any other companies name was on it), and I walked into a crowded room with like 30 people. I walked in and got greeted by a man about 19 and then that's it, I was on my own.

I figured out where to go for applications (the second one btw), and turned it in. Afterwards I was called in with two other people. So the first interview was three people, ugh okay. I didn't get that but okay. Then we got moved into another room where about 15 people were. I sat down and waited about 45 mins until someone came in and chatted about them going on vacation. Then I waited another 25-30 mins until someone else came in and did a presentation. Which entailed the job description, which was not a cubicle job answering phones. No, it was a "door to door" or "family to family" marketing system, where I only get paid 17 dollars per presentation. And the presentation only counts if there is a women over 30 there, WTF.

After the 50 min presentation that woman left, and that same 19 year old guy came in and just went on the computer and showed us youtube videos. THE MOST UNPROFESSIONAL WORK ENVIRONMENT EVER. They talked about random things that did not even matter, about 5 people came in and out of the room. And then they started calling people into a one-on-one interview; which consisted of the main women talking and telling you that you have the job and that you start training. I got the job and I was already irritated, then she gave me a training schedule and said it was unpaid! NO THANK YOU. 20 hours of unpaid training nooooope. REALLY UNPROFESSIONAL AND JUST A BIG SCAM. DO NOT WORK THERE.

Original review: June 9, 2015

She called me twice in a row after I did not pick up the first time. When I picked up the second time, she only gave me her first name and never told me the company she was working for during the whole phone call, which lasted 14 minutes. I eventually had to look it up after the phone call. I told her several times I would have to talk to my parents before setting up any interview time. I eventually gave in and I set up a time which I knew the next day I was canceling. She also NEVER told me about what they do, all she said was that it was a customer service and marketing job. Never about what they actually do, which is that they go around selling Cutco.

Then, today, which is when I had my interview. I cancelled about 3 - 4 hours ahead of time to cancel and they were very snobby about it. I went to my brand new job at a local grocery store to finish up training which took about 4 hours. When I got done with that, I had 2 text messages, 1 email, and two back to back calls from the lady with NO voicemail. They placed blame on me for 'missing' the interview when I had cancelled it a few hours prior. She left no voicemail and the email and text messages made it seem like there were going to be serious repercussions for allegedly 'missing' it. This is also the company that has sent me multiple letters in the mail trying to convince me to work for them! It's a load of bull! BE AWARE!

Original review: June 6, 2015

Some of these reviews I'm reading about Vector Marketing are ridiculous. I don't know who these people dealt with, but when I was setting up an interview on the phone, the woman did not lie to me at all. She flat out told me exactly what I would be doing, and that I would be paid commission, and that if I got the job, I would have to go through unpaid training. I wasn't lied to at all. She was very straight forward. I've heard several negative comments. "They are a scam." "It's a pyramid scheme." And things of the like. Vector Marketing is not a scam. It is in fact a real company, they sell real knives. But the fact is, if you are incapable, and can't manage yourself, then yes, it is definitely not for you.

Original review: June 5, 2015

I've had my Cutco knives since my son was selling them years ago. My husband was cutting a steak bone with our French chef knife (not the right knife for this job!) and it cracked a piece of the blade. The next day I boxed it up with a bunch of our other knives (to be sharpened since I was boxing up anyway). Well, Cutco replaced the broken chef's knife, but without my asking also replaced for FREE 6 of my table knives & my utility shears! They sharpened the rest & I had everything back before a business week! This company's warranty cannot be beaten! You may pay more initially but over a lifetime you will not be disappointed except when you cut your finger on a SUPER SHARP blade! Thank you Cutco for such a great product made in the USA!

Original review: May 28, 2015

Look, I had fun slinging those knives and I am kind of loyal to the product still. The knives from my starter kit and winning some raffle are still working well. However, I was 19, my parents supported me 100% and I basically funding a weed habit. Also, a lot of cute girls were there so it was fun to hangout. Plus, I was charming and lived in a rich area so of course my friend's moms bought some stuff. However, I used some tactics that were sketchy to draw in parents of acquaintances and parents of old soccer teammates for appts.

Back then, I had low self esteem so having people tell me I was awesome was nice. The problem was there was like a behemoth 10 layers up that raked in the profits. My manager was so overwhelmed and her manager hiss the pressures of his manager. If you're a college kid with a need to buy some ganja and beer, get a "plain old mindless job." If you're trying to make rent, etc. DO NOT DO VECTOR unless you're convinced you can sling. The guy who was a super stud seller when I first came in quit and started working at Home Depot. He looked like he loved himself. Haha! It was a fun summer doing it and I had good times with people but honestly I could profited and gained professional skills elsewhere.

Original review: May 26, 2015

I got a call, and they scheduled me an interview and I ask the young lady if I can reschedule it cause i didn't have a babysitter at the time and it was too short notice. She just kept on insisting that I come in that day. I'm like "no, cause I have to make sure my kids are okay first". I rescheduled it and called back to get the actual low down on the business and you can tell that she was lying about what I was asking her. I have never done this type of work before and I'm sure my family and friends wont be interested. So no. Bye.

Original review: May 21, 2015

I called to cancel a interview because I wasn't interested in the job anymore. And the lady who answered the phone sounded angry when I told her and she also was very short towards me once I told her the reason why I canceled. If you want somebody to work there, try being professional.

Original review: May 21, 2015

This job is not for you if you do not know a ** ton of people to set up demos with. My training manager was great. He wasn't rude, or anything. I have a good way of reading people and he didn't seem skeptical at all. You aren't begging people to buy knives. You're just asking to set up an appointment to explain the product for your $15. This is a great way to get money if you know a ** of people. So become a social butterfly. This job was not for me because I don't know anyone to set appointments with. Just get a lot of friends.

Original review: May 20, 2015

Like most people, before I worked for Vector I heard the bad. When I was a Sophomore in college I set up an interview and then didn't go because I was told the company was awful. 3 years later I was about to graduate and didn't have a job and got a call from the company asking me if I was still interested. At the time, I had nothing to lose, so I went. It was just like any other interview, I was interviewed by the assistant manager who I am actually still friends with, it was about hour and half all together. Went to 3 days of training, charged my knives to a credit card that I knew didn't have any money, but thought maybe it would take a couple days for it to come back.

Crazy thing is, I did awesome my first 4 months with the company. I was averaging a pay check of $300 a week. So of course, I was prime meat for the "management" position. I was one of the older kids, 21 believe it or not was in the upper age group for the company, and I did everything they asked because they were promising me so much. I worked so hard for me and I sang their praises like a good employee.

At about the 5 month mark things weren't so good. I wasn't selling as much, I had a couple bad weeks where I made maybe $100. I was stressing about money and appointments, plus I was now an assistant manager and the pressure was on for me to be the best. My manager treated me great when I was selling big, but when things turned around and I went to her for advice it always back fired. She would always end up yelling at me and calling me worthless. She would break me down and I'd cry in her office. She would punish me by making me do more unpaid work, but keeping the promise of my own office one day.

For whatever reason, I stayed. In early 2011, I tried twice to quit, I tried more than once to tell my boss why I didn't want to run an office about how it felt like too much pressure, that I was worried about failing, but one way or another she would break me and I would stay. I didn't know at the time, but when I opened an office she also got money, she got a $10,000 check off my back.

In April 2011, I opened my own office 30 minutes away in Sharon, PA. I asked a friend to let me pay her under the table as a receptionist, they sent me a big check for $8,000 to get started. I worked my ass off, over 100 hours most weeks, to get people in for interviews, make my training fun, motivate my reps. All while not getting paid. From April 2011 to July 2011 when I closed my office I did not get 1 pay check. I was broke, desperate, confused. I had a break down, full blow mental breakdown over all of this which lead me to closing my office. They tried to get me to stay, but my account with them was in the negative and I had no income. My parents didn't want to help me, they had already done so much. Given me gas for appointments and out of town meetings. Buying food for my training. I couldn't do it anymore. I had to leave the company.

I did the one thing they told you to never do my last team meeting, tell the TRUTH! I told them I worked for months and never got paid, that the check they sent me covered my cost up front, but didn't last long. I broke down and cried and told them that I tried and that I just couldn't do it anymore. I couldn't force them too for a company I didn't believe in. I told them sell for as long as you want, but don't get into management that it's not worth it. When I was leaving the company I asked them about my negative balance, I talked to two people above me about it, and they told me don't worry about it. The company would write it off as a tax break and I didn't have to pay it. So I moved on with my life which included a year in therapy because of the company and other personal issues that I believe stemmed from my time with the company.

I got a job working at a library, went back to school for my masters, mend bridges and found myself in a very happy place and then came a letter from the IRS. The letter stated I owed back taxes from my time working with them, about $1,200 worth of back taxes. I began calling around to Vector people to get information which eventually put me in contact with someone from the Mid-West district. I spent about an hour on the phone explaining my situation, trying to find answers. They were very hustled with me and told me I was lying about the managers telling me not to worry about it, they would never say something like that. When he laughed at something I said on the phone I lost it. I told him not to patronize me, which his comeback was he didn't, I told him "yes you are, you just laughed" and me and went off.

I told him about my mental break down, I told him about my manager verbally abusing me for two years, I told him about how I was finally in a good place and I get this letter from the people I hate the most and when I am just trying to get answers that dare to laugh at me. By the time I was he was silent, he had nothing to say. I told him I had to get off the phone with as I was becoming too overwhelm by everything. So, the IRS took my refund last year and this year. That was money I worked hard for, that I earned fair and square and still, years later these people at Vector still hurt and haunt me.

Original review: May 15, 2015

OK so I saw an ad on a we'd sit when I was looking for a job so I filed it in and got an interview. I did not get done with it till almost 9 so that's BS. Another thing the lady seemed like a ** and mean but I ignored it. I got the job and was happy. Well then came the so called training that's bull too. Then when I got there I was told it was unpaid which in Florida is illegal. Another thing is this is not a part time job, this is full time job. Oh and you don't get paid for the appointment if it does not meet who they sell to - who is a married couple with a job and over 30. Now I don't know about you but I don't know anyone like that and I know you should have fun at work and be chill but like others had said, it was so unprofessional and stupid. The person training me and the SIX other people who showed up was an ass and answer questions like you were stupid.

I was told that I would have to come back for two more additional trainings like WTF, I'm there for 20 hours unpaid and you still want me to come back for more unpaid training. I can't make it to two of them coz I have testing for school. Like I said this is not a part time job and I don't know a single person who will spend 2000 dollars on knifes. People nowadays don't have money for that. I really was getting pissed at this training. I want to go back there and go off on everyone there. He said he had to babysit us younger kids which he meant anyone under 25. This is a student work thing but yet he wants to work with people over their target people to sell to. This is all BS.

Original review: May 14, 2015

When I went to Vector marketing yesterday for the interview, I was thinking that Vector was a big professional company, but when I saw it was on the fourth floor of a ** building, I was totally wrong. A guy who was the same age as me had taken me and another guy into his "office" and to me, it seemed SO not professional. He then took us into another room, where I was with 3 other people, and when I saw they were playing the movie WALL-E. Then it occurred to me that this was definitely not a professional at all. It was very phony and a piece of ** place.

I can't believe any of the people I saw yesterday at the stupid ** training actually went back today for the second "lame" day of training. I mean, I can't even believe we had to stay for 5 ** hours at this junky business. I was actually happy to tell my parents and now since I found it Vector is just an ** scam, and a big joke, that's when I got very angry and I'm not happy AT ALL!!! I mean, really? Who would actually fall into this STUPID ** trap!!! I call **!

Original review: May 12, 2015

I got hired by them last year. I walked out after the first day of training. When I would ask him how much the knives were, he said he wasn't allowed to say. He also stated to "mainly sell these to women since they work in the kitchen anyway." Will never recommend them.

Original review: May 4, 2015

I'd love to start by saying that Vector sales and marketing is a not what I thought it would be. It's tough for me for my first weekend but only because I don't know many and the right people to talk to. I however believe, that with a little research, and expanding of my contacts, I'll be able to make more than what I have so far. It's tough for me this weekend but I'm dedicated to keep trying until I know that I've tried my very best. It's a great experience to work with Vector, and I intend to keep working until I know either I did my best and/or I've develop and better myself as a sales rep. This is definitely a good place to earn experience for sales and marketing career and I'd totally recommend it.

Original review: April 3, 2015

I can’t believe that what I’m reading is the same as I have experienced just yesterday. Vector people took me into a room like scientologists and fed me **. They NEED college age students in order for them to sell their families' because they know that this is a "Natural" market. Moms and Dads and etc... They prey on the family plan. The product is ok but not superior, and my manager told me this is family sale for life. Steer clear of this manipulated scheme using a semi-ok product like Mary Kay.

Cutco and Vector Marketing Company Information