2. Job Search Sites

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.65/5

Unemployed or looking for a new career?

Find jobs near you on Ziprecruiter

Visit Website

Unsubscribe at any time.

Unemployed or looking for a new career?

Find jobs near you on Ziprecruiter

Visit Website

Glassdoor Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Glassdoor?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Glassdoor?

Original review: Nov. 27, 2019

Glassdoor is not only unethical in how they charge people high fees without notice, but they claim to NEVER remove any reviews for any reason, but my former employer SimpleBet in New York has clearly been getting them to remove very important reviews. There are people trying to warn the world about what a scam this company is and prevent people from falling into their trap, and Glassdoor is removing these? How about some ethics!

Original review: Nov. 12, 2019

I am a poor college student trying to find employees for my startup. With no information or warning, I was hit with their most expensive charge, $245, and left with no way to dispute it. It is IMPOSSIBLE to get a hold of them via phone, email, or contact form. DO NOT USE.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2019

Unauthorized charges. Had to dispute as fraud. This company is garbage. Stick with Indeed. They charged me $225 then refused to refund me. I emailed them and they were completely uncooperative. Do yourself a favor and don't deal with these people. They don't understand customer service.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2019

Entered all data for a free trial job posting including my credit card before I realized that beyond the free trial I would be automatically charged fees I thought too high. Despite quitting the web site without authorizing charges, somehow they went through anyway. I never again visited the site or reviewed any of the 7 candidates that applied, which they acknowledge, and did not know I was registered until a $225 fee appeared on the credit card. I immediately deactivated the account, 3 days after the charge but they will not credit me. Beware!

Bob **

Original review: Sept. 3, 2019

Companies influence Glassdoor UK to remove poor reviews - how they do this, well, nobody knows for sure what would induce Glassdoor to comply. Maybe everybody is just being nice. Once Glassdoor have reached their understanding with the organization concerned, they either reject reviews until they are edited by the user to make them more palatable, or they state that they are rejected outright owing to 'violation of community guidelines'. No further information is given other than a statement that 'we reject reviews if we have reason to believe they are bogus'. As a result, the whole picture of UK businesses is grossly distorted.

The staff who review the posts are just robotic yes-men/women, who disregard any questions you have with their bland statements. After all, they can hardly defend the indefensible, can they? Furthermore, when you get a Glassdoor account, you will receive swathes of irrelevant job alerts and high percentages of jobs on the alerts are out-of-date. The reason for this is that advertisers know they are a joke, so they have to 'pack' their job content with old material in order to look viable. The whole site is in fact one very large joke. My advice would be to not bother using them and to research companies independently through networks. These people preach impartiality, but do not live up to their end at all.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2019

This company only posts positive reviews, even if they know these are fake reviews (ex:non-existent company location, non-existent positions). I posted an honest review about my experiences with my previous employer. A few other employees did the same. Everything was written in a professional manner. The next thing, all those reviews got deleted. Instead, the employer hired some unknown individuals to write fake positive reviews about the company. Not only these reviews were fake, they included fake location and fake job titles that never existed in the company. I notified Glassdoor about fake reviews. They answered that those fake reviews are fine, since they don't violate Glassdoor's community guidelines. Glassdoor deleted all honest reviews and kept all fake reviews.

Original review: July 31, 2019

I decided to try advertising for a position that was free, but quickly changed to $250/mo for a single ad - more money than many other places I use. The resumes and spam that ensued yielded zero qualified candidates. It was a mix of people who don't live in the area or just don't have the skills for the job, which were succinctly outlined in the ad. I would compare it to craigslist in terms of quality of applicants, but of course that is much less-expensive. Also craigslist generates more applicants overall. Also, when sampling searches to see what job-seekers see, I realize the site's search will invariably include jobs entirely unrelated to one another - and to the search terms - so it would be sort of a fishing exercise for the right candidate to find the right job.

Original review: July 14, 2019

Glassdoor posted a profile of my company which matches in name only. Posts do not match the services we provide. Salaries are not even close to the salaries we pay. There is no mechanism to correct false posts. Posts are contradictory and probably created by Glassdoor staff. I wrote complaints to the management which were totally ignored.

Original review: July 1, 2019

Do not make a decision to work for a specific company based on a Glassdoor review. I worked for the most toxic company you can ever imagine working for. I left a detailed review which I later saw was removed. The company originally had an average of 2 in reviews. The reason they even reached 2 was that the CEO left a positive review himself. There were other negative reviews, in addition to mine. They were all removed, I noticed... And replaced with positive reviews which I could see were made by management.

I mean, just from the text itself, I could point out who specifically wrote them. We're talking about reviews warning people to stay away from such a toxic company... The toxicity level reached the point where an employee reached such a level of depression that once they weren't working there anymore, spent a year in bed, unable to even look for a new workplace- putting the family in horrible financial state. Yet, Glassdoor deleted these feedbacks of REAL employees and approved FAKE feedback from admin. Shame on Glassdoor. If you're looking for real reviews, don't rely on Glassdoor.

Original review: June 10, 2019

I have left reviews for multiple companies and they have a method to keep your negative ones off. First they say the review is not valid (how would they know), second they will say you're a competitor of the company, lol, like seriously, so they take down your reviews. Then you have to PROVE you were an employee of said company. I’ve done that every time showing actually pay stubs, review never appears again. What a scam, GLASSDOOR IS CLEARLY THEY GET PAID BY THE COMPANIES TO TAKE DOWN NEGATIVE REVIEWS ESPECIALLY “STERN AT HOME THERAPY” so that's where their loyalty lies. Certainly not with the truth!! I will post this everywhere so people know how fraudulent their practices and company is!!

Glassdoor Company Information