2.59/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Penn Foster High School

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Penn Foster High School Reviews

Original review: May 9, 2019

Penn Foster is an amazing school. They have been so helpful and I go to an amazing college. Thank you for all your help. Can’t wait to hang my high school diploma up on my wall. All my hard work is done.

Original review: March 20, 2019

This is by far one of the best high schools online, unless your local board offers one. This school is so helpful and they're so active and full of personality when you call or see them on social media. They seem to be so supportive to me. Love this school, would go again if I had to. Haha.

Get expert buying tips about Online High Schools delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

I am a graduate of Thomson Education Direct which is now Penn Foster. I received my diploma in 04 and the only time I had a issue was when I tried to enroll in college. At the time the program was only nationally accredited. Now it's nationally and regionally accredited. I reached out to Penn Foster regarding my issue and they were helpful. They gave me my transcripts, a letter stating their accreditations and a new diploma with the Penn Foster moniker. From some of the reviews I've read here, people are either being lazy, scamming or just need an outlet for attention. Nothing in this life is guaranteed even if you attend a community or Ivy League college. You need to be the one to do the work and if you don't have the drive, well you're going to stall your life. Good luck to you all and before you sign on any dotted line, make sure you read those terms of service.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

I enrolled in Penn Foster High School for $1. And from that day forward it’s been great. My tuition would’ve been 1295.00. I only paid 439.00 with my transfer credits from higher school and their discounts. I can work and do school at my own pace. Now for anyone who says it’s a lot of reading - you are just LAZY. I agree that it is. But I had no complaints because I was and am doing something for me to better my future. I got most of my credits from high school and it really left me with not many subjects to complete. You get actual grades from the exams you take and if you have any questions student advocates are always available to help. You actually get to graduate at the campus in Philadelphia which I will be attending in June 2019 with all other graduates on campus and online.

Would I recommend anyone to Penn Foster? Yes because it a very convenient way to earn your diploma or degree. And yes this school is accredited because my sister in law earned hers and got the job she desired. And my brother was able to attend college after he got his diploma. For anyone who has complaints - stop falsely steering people the wrong way because you had a bad experience. Maybe you didn’t do something right and everyone is different - what may not work for you may work for someone else and vice versa.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

I started the Penn Foster High School program in 2016. I love the fact that it's at your own pace. I just got done this yr. I enrolled for a $1. They were upfront with the monthly fees. Now I'm thinking about enrolling in a online college something I couldn't do before. I can even move around in my job now. The sky's the limit for me now. I recommend this school if you're serious about your future.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Penn Foster High School?

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

The communication at Penn Foster sucks. I signed up 2 days prior to my promise to pay and start date and was not able to access any classes or work. It just kept telling me I had to pay. My contact person never answered her phone and by the time I was able to speak with someone I was told I could not do a refund because I was 2 days out of the grace period, even though I started calling and had been calling 2 days prior to my promise to pay date. I was finally able to cancel this nightmare and had to go through my bank to stop my first payment and they are still telling me that I owe them $7 after keeping my $50 from when I applied. WOW... BE WARNED. DO NOT APPLY TO YOUR NIGHTMARE.

Hello, Tammie

We are disappointed to hear that our program was not the right fit for your needs. As per our Refund Policy, students may call Student Services, or send their request to cancel in writing. Please send us an email; we would like to review your account further to see what amount was charged and how we may be able to help you resolve this matter as soon as possible.

Penn Foster Social Team

Original review: Aug. 11, 2019

How do I owe $1500 if I never even heard of them. I already have my high school diploma!!!! I already called and there’s nothing I can do about it. Just avoid this place at all cost. So frustrating and they are no help.

Hello, Adrian

We will be happy to investigate this further. Please reach out to our team by email; once we have heard from you we will escalate your case to management for review.

Penn Foster Social Team

Original review: June 3, 2019

My name is Alberto **. Few years ago I made the wrong decision to choose Penn Foster to get my diploma. One month after to make the agreement I sent to Penn Foster my intention to cancel it. 5 years later they sent me to an agency of collection because they said I owe $1,490.00 because I completed 10 grades!! It's not true, the 10 grades I got for my studies in Texas and not was from Penn Foster school!

Hello, Alberto:

We would be happy to look into this matter further to see how we can help you. Please send our team an email; once we have more information, we will forward your case to management for investigation.

Penn Foster Social Team

Original review: May 1, 2019

Not helpful/or exams what to do not worded right and not properly explained either comes to exams especially towards the end of the program. Won't get a refund if fully paid but failed when under academic review that dont understands at all.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

So I finished getting my diploma in 2015 and finally was able to pay off my diploma in collections in full this year in 2019 of February. Now I have to wait 14 days for USCB COLLECTIONS to get back to Penn Foster and tell them I’ve paid my debt off, then I have to wait some more months. They said until April until I can finally get a copy of my diploma and transcripts. I think that’s not right considering it doesn’t take you guys no time to take people money. Smh.

I’m really upset because I thought it would be sooner. I would receive my diploma or at least transcripts but it’s not and when you're looking for a job that ask if you have your diploma and you say yes thinking because you paid them off they are going to tell the job you don’t have your diploma. I think this program is not right and if I would’ve known what I knew now I would’ve just got my GED FOR FREE! What’s really crazy not only after paying all that money to Penn Foster you still have to pay a fee to get your diploma and transcripts. It’s already hard in life but it’s still hard to do what’s right too.

Penn Foster High School expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Accredited in 1972, Penn Foster High School is located in Pennsylvania and licensed by the Pennsylvania State Board of Private Licensed Schools. The school has a focus on lifelong learning as well as traditional high school education.

• Early college program: Students of Penn Foster can receive college credits with the Early College electives program. Though guarantees of credit transfer cannot be made, courses are ACE evaluated and recommended.

• Concentration diplomas: Penn Foster offers high school diplomas with a concentration in more specific areas of study, including carpentry, electrical, plumbing, tech and healthcare.

• Flexible payment plans: Families can pay the full cost of tuition up front or set up monthly automatic withdrawals or manual payments. Payment plans are interest-free.

• Career cruising: Penn Foster partners with Career Cruising to provide career guidance services for all students and alumni.

• Accreditation: Penn Foster High School is accredited nationally by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC) and regionally by the Commission on Secondary Schools of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.

• Best for: Students with other commitments, homeschooled students, working adults and military families.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs