Consumer Complaints and Reviews
Hi, we enrolled my son in Penn Foster for High School at the recommendation of another family that used it. Their 4 children all graduated from Penn Foster and went on to college and did well in college. That said, it is very, very basic education. You take 2 classes at a time, each class lasts around a month. When you finish one class, it opens the next class so you always have 2 classes open. There are a total of 102 'lessons' divided between about 22 classes. Each lesson takes 1 to 10 days to complete. For example, Earth Science includes 6 lessons and you complete it in a month. Math is Basic Math I and II and Consumer Math, nothing else.
On the one hand, it's an easy diploma. On the other hand, if my ADHD son is complaining that it is too easy, it says something about the level of education you receive. Depending on what you're looking for, it might be just the right thing, however, it's not for everyone. On the positive side, they've been very responsive to phone calls, set-up and questions.
ConsumerAffairs Research Team
The ConsumerAffairs Research Team believes everyone deserves to make smart decisions. We aim to provide readers with the most up-to-date information available about today's consumer products and services.
Accredited in 1972, Penn Foster High School is located in and licensed by the Pennsylvania State Board of Private Licensed Schools. The school has a focus on lifelong learning as well as traditional high school education.
- Early college program: Students of Penn Foster can receive college credits with the Early College electives program. Though guarantees of credit transfer cannot be made, courses are ACE evaluated and recommended.
- Concentration diplomas: Penn Foster offers high school diplomas with a concentration in more specific areas of study, including carpentry, electrical, plumbing, tech and healthcare.
- Flexible payment plans: Families can pay the full cost of tuition upfront or set up monthly automatic withdrawals or manual payments. Payment plans are interest free.
- Career cruising: Penn Foster partners with Career Cruising to provide career guidance services for all students and alumni.
- Accreditation: Penn Foster High School is accredited nationally by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC) and regionally by the Commission on Secondary Schools of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
- Best for Students with other commitments, home-schooled students, working adults and military families.
Compare Online High Schools
Penn Foster High School Company Profile
- Company Name:
- Penn Foster High School
- Year Founded:
- 14300 N. Northsight Blvd., Suite 120
- Postal Code:
- United States