4.16/5
Based on 107 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

coloradotech.edu

Colorado Technical University’s (CTU) mission is to provide industry-relevant higher education to a diverse student population through innovative technology and experienced faculty, enabling the pursuit of personal and professional goals. CTU offers you choices in the type of education you receive – and how, when and where you pursue your degree. We are dedicated to providing excellence, innovation and flexibility in education and lifelong learning options, from the Associate to the Doctoral level.

199 Colorado Technical University Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 13, 2018

I now realize why Symposium is a requirement for students. I had underestimated the importance of the networking and the value of the tools offered. I have several takeaways that I will be implementing immediately. I wish I would have attended sooner!

Original review: July 13, 2018

I enjoyed the entire process from the start until now. The symposium was very knowledgeable and I gained a lot of information from it. I would recommend that all doctoral students participate in this symposium. The workshops was also very good. Until now I didn't have a research question; now I do. The professors are doing an excellent job in preparing us for what is next to come.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: July 13, 2018

This was an awesome experience. The faculty was extremely knowledgeable. The classes were on time. The only drawback was technical difficulties. Not to mention that the food was great. I especially loved the office hours. I was able to sit face-to-face with my professors.

Original review: July 13, 2018

It has been interesting so far. Admissions rushed me into class before I had the chance to sort out my financial aid, and now, I have come up against obstacles. I am NOT impressed with the Admissions Dept. or Financial Aid Dept. The Academics is okay, at least for now!

Original review: July 13, 2018

I currently attended Colorado Technical University Online. I love the learning platform that CTU uses. The virtual campus is easy to navigate. The staff and faculty are always available and willing to help. If you are interested in a college I suggest CTU!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Colorado Technical University?

Original review: July 13, 2018

This was a great experience and I learned a lot of information during many of the sessions, but I could not access technology to all the tools should work. Specifically Endnote. The Library and Qualitative session were the best. Networking with the returning students has inspired me to work hard. I enjoyed the fact that we were granted extra day to submit assignments. See you at GRADUATION.

Original review: July 13, 2018

DM Criminal Justice - Wonderful, exciting and very educational. I have made a lot of connections and lifelong friends during this Symposium. The Drs. are hands on and extremely gracious when handling the students which makes for a comfortable setting. There is nothing that I change nor do I have any further input. Thank you CTU for the experience!!!

Original review: July 13, 2018

Hotel doesn't match the conference. The cartoonish style of the hotel is not a professional academic environment. The conference rooms are small and placed randomly. The AC/cooling of the rooms is inadequate. The feature presentation while interesting is not appropriate for a doctoral program. We do not require a motivational speaker. The individual meeting with faculty should be expanded. The food/mixers were well done.

Original review: July 13, 2018

Since the beginning, my experience has been awesome. I earned all of my degrees with CTU. For this program, since the beginning, my experience with the admissions team and Jolanta was very engaging and amazing. I love Jolanta. Very easy to talk to. I would recommend anyone to CTU.

Original review: July 13, 2018

From the very start it was a great experience. My fears and apprehension was put to rest from the start with admissions and carried through to my first class. I have learn more in one semester and one symposium than I had in my previous doctoral program. I highly recommend anyone looking to enroll in a doctoral program that is looking for support from start to finish.

Original review: July 13, 2018

Attending CTU has been the best decision I have made. I have no regrets at all choosing this school after my attendance with AIU. I am going to try and influence a friend of mine who is thinking of pursuing her Doctorate and I am excited overall for what this journey lies ahead.

Original review: July 13, 2018

CTU has been a very good school with respect of support to the students. The atmosphere created for the student is phenomenal. The networking events, the access to the faculty, the friendly manner of the faculty members gives the student the confident and motivation to complete the program.

Original review: July 13, 2018

I think the symposium is definitely a must for every student that is going through the program. My first year, I had a lot of information that I got from the event; which made it very instrumental in changing my research topic to what it is now.

Original review: July 13, 2018

The overall experience that I have had at Colorado Technical University has been remarkable, the entire staff has been top notch. The initial admissions process was very easy, and when I wasn’t on top of my own information, a diligent and professional admissions representative would contact me. My student success coach is second to none, Courtney ** is there to field questions, and help in any way possible. This first year has flown by, this second symposium is just as good as good as the last. I look forward to completing my program and referring my friends to Colorado Technical University!!

Original review: July 13, 2018

It’s been a great experience from day one. From application to orientation to the classes. The faculty members are super friendly and are very helpful. I hope to finish my Doctoral Degree in Data Analytics in about 2.5 years. I hope that the journey is as smooth as the last two months. Thank you!

Original review: July 13, 2018

Professors and staff always have the student's best interest in mind. CTU is surely success oriented. Symposiums are always a great place to catch up with other students and staff. Meals here at the Curtis were great. I was here for the alumni session and Dr. ** did a great job facilitating that discussion.

Original review: July 13, 2018

I am so excited to be part of Cohort 64. From the amazing admissions team to the beginning of my doctoral courses, it has been great thus far. My only recommendation would be for more engagement from the instructors online. Sometimes it takes a whole week for an email response. Other than that, I have never been more excited and happy to be here at CTU!!!

Original review: July 13, 2018

The experience I have had overall has been positive. The only suggestion is that the advisers should check in on their students before they graduate. I didn't know that I could start my program and bypass my last two classes until it was too late. I think that should have been communicated way before. Otherwise, I truly believe that they want to see students succeed.

Original review: July 13, 2018

My journey with CTU has been great. Symposium awesome! Faculty and staff have been very helpful throughout my journey. I transferred over from Northcentral University due to lack of support from instructors and staff. At Colorado Technical University, I receive lots of support from the staff and my mentors. I will definitely recommend this university to friends and family.

Original review: July 13, 2018

My CTU doctoral experience is that it is tough but gratifying. I recommend as a DCS student the inclusion of writing software into the program if possible. Other than this, I enjoy the program. The bar is set high, but it should be.

Original review: July 13, 2018

My experience with CTU started with my associate's degree and I must say that now I'm working on my doctoral that I haven't been disappointed thus far. The entire CTU staff that I have encountered are really a resource and motivating force that helps you get through your toughest moments. I'm also glad that I attended the symposium where I gained that additional knowledge and meeting my classmates and even coming away from it with friends. I'm excited because there is Greatness coming!

Original review: July 13, 2018

So far I have really enjoyed the process of starting my doctoral. I actually never imagine of taking my studies to this level, but I can truly say that everything that I have done up to this point has really been a blessing. At this point there is nothing that I can see needs to be changed with the enrollment process or working with the individuals that helped me get to this point. I actually finished my master's degree a week before I enrolled into the doctoral program and the only thing that I find funny is my friends always asking me why do I want to get another degree? And I tell them that I love to learn and I will continue to learn with the help of CTU.

Original review: July 13, 2018

I appreciate all the help from students and faculty to enrich my doctoral experience. Everyone's experience is unique and I learned that I am not the only with similar issues in the doctoral experience. My second symposium was just as great as the first symposium.

Original review: July 13, 2018

CTU has been an amazing experience. Everyone goes out of their way to help and make sure you succeed. I am honored to be a part of the first DNP program. Faculty create an environment where failure is not an option and help to facilitate your success.

Original review: July 13, 2018

So far the faculty are very involved. I came to this symposium (Computer Science - Big Data) with many unanswered questions. Most have been answered and I now know what is expected of me as a student. I look forward to what I will evolve into after completing this program.

Original review: July 13, 2018

Easy application process, knowledgeable staff, and eager to promote success. The program has defined parameters to support progress and provide guidance on the journey. Students are able to network and relate to peers with great ease. Classes are user friendly for a busy schedule and fit into an active lifestyle.

Original review: July 13, 2018

When looking for a Doctoral Program that would also fit into my busy schedule I didn't know where to start or even what to look for. I gave up many times in my search thinking that maybe this wasn't for me. However, getting that call from the admissions counselor started the ball rolling and the fact that he also showed concern for the what was going on personally in my life and how to balance it. Now fast forward to the symposium and all of the systems and interactions that they have provided through student and professor networking has just reconfirmed that I can do this and I am not alone in this journey. The experience has been wonderful.

Original review: July 13, 2018

Improve the disability services at symposium location by providing scooter for disable person. Good thing about CTU is that working students who do not have time for traditional schooling. Attending CTU is helping me obtain the degree to raise at your work.

Original review: July 13, 2018

This is an awesome experience thus far, I learn a lot and willing to come again. It is also idea to make this more collaborative like the first section with Dr. ** and Dr. **, I like the concept. I also like the meals served, fantastic!!!

Original review: July 13, 2018

This has been an outstanding experience thus far. I've learned so much, and things are starting to make so much more sense to me in regards to the different aspects of my program. The staff has been very supportive through this first symposium.

Colorado Technical University expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Colorado Technical University is a career-oriented college that has been in operation since 1956. Colorado Technical University introduced its online school in 1995 to expand beyond its campus in Colorado Springs.

• Military support: Colorado Technical University is a strong supporter of students who are currently or were formerly members of the United States military. CTU has awarded over $4.5 million in scholarships for military members.

• CTU Fast Track: The CTU Fast Track program gives you a series of exams in a key course subject to give you college credit for what you already know. Passing a Fast Track exam earns credits that will help you graduate faster.

• Online and campus classes: CTU has both online and campus classes to give local students the opportunity to choose their learning environment.

• Online tuition and scholarship calculators: CTU provides online calculators that allow you to estimate your tuition costs and your financial aid. These services are useful if price is a key factor in choosing your school.

• Career-oriented curriculum: CTU is designed to help you train with industry-related classes. This curriculum makes CTU ideal for people looking for employment or promotion in a particular field.

• Best for: people seeking a job or promotion, military students and students who are currently employed.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs