Online learning at it's best

General Assembly's affordable options for today's top careers

Find your course
2.99/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

coloradotech.edu

Colorado Technical University’s (CTU) mission is to provide industry-relevant higher education to a diverse student population through innovative technology and experienced faculty, enabling the pursuit of personal and professional goals. CTU offers you choices in the type of education you receive – and how, when and where you pursue your degree. We are dedicated to providing excellence, innovation and flexibility in education and lifelong learning options, from the Associate to the Doctoral level.

Online learning at it's best

General Assembly's affordable options for today's top careers

Find your course

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Colorado Technical University Reviews

Original review: Nov. 17, 2019

The best thing about attending CTU is that they don't try to cram immoral trashy liberal idealisms down our throats and they've shown time and time again support for our troops. If you're interested in attending a college without the typical left-leaning ** - CTU may be a learning institution for you.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2019

I have been attending CTU online since April 2, 2019. I started out taking Business classes, changed to Criminal Justice concentrating on Human Resources, and then just barely changed my major for the last time to Psychology concentrating on Behaviors. I change my mind alot. CTU was very helpful with my changes, and they were prompt with everything.

As for the classes themselves- very easy to navigate the virtual classroom. The teachers are very involved with each student, personally, and have never ignored even one of my messages or concerns. My student success coach has been AWESOME as well. She has been with me every step of the way. I'm not sure why there are so many negative reviews about CTU, because so far, for me, everything has been perfect. Maybe the people who have had issues have had them because they aren't doing THEIR part to make sure they have a good experience with CTU. Because CTU does their part with absolutely no problems. Sign up with CTU! You wont regret it!!!

Get expert buying tips about Online Colleges delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: Aug. 19, 2019

As someone working full-time, this was a great school for me. I was lucky enough that the campus was near my job anyway. But, like anywhere else, you get out of it what you put into it. I read every assignment. I did every homework assignment. I made it a point to study and understand the topic. I took what I learned and looked for ways to apply it to my job.

Yep, it's easy enough to skate through college if that's what you want. It's also easy enough to blame everyone else for your problems. There were administrative issues. I watched my accounts and followed up immediately when something was wrong. Every issue was taken care of. There were problems with professors -- I liked some and didn't like others. Some I really didn't want to be bothered with at all. But I realize that professors run their classes, so at the end of the day, we do the class and our homework their way. It isn't a big deal - a class only lasts 3 months and then you're off to one you like. Overall, I got out of it what I put into it. And, since I was happy with what I put into it, I was happy with the result as well.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2019

I came here to read reviews and because I have experienced good universities, I decided to drop out. You can't drop out on your own, you have to call or email an official. I emailed, never got a response back. And then my academic advisor, Bran ** called me and I told him I was dropping out. He was incredibly nasty and manipulative to me. Scathing, even. He told me he'd spent all this time on me and been nothing but professional and basically that I was a fool for letting reviews help me come to a conclusion about the school. I'll restate something: You can't drop out on your own. I've gone to two previous colleges, Centralia Community College and the University of Washington. Both allowed you to drop out of courses online so you wouldn't be charged. This college is different and it's for the worst.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2019

I enrolled last Thursday. Did orientation Monday and then they had a class Tuesday, which I did part of. I ended up reading up on CTU online a few days later and I am so glad I did. All week I have been telling Ortiz my admissions person that I no longer wanted to be enrolled in this college, wrote the school, even did online chatting. Tell me why she's been beating around the bush all week and still hasn't done it. They act like they will help you with anything until you have something like this happen. Then they don't want to help you, don't answer your emails, have people say they aren't in their office etc.... I am here to warn others "DON'T GO TO CTU ONLINE".

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Colorado Technical University?

Original review: Oct. 29, 2019

I attended CTU out of being withdraw from my last school nearly related to it, AIU (American Inter-Continental University) and while it had started off good, a very nice Admissions Counselor by the name of Patrice ** got me into the school's system and I had been doing great with my classes. I came across Math and flunked it with flying colors, but never failed it, it's mysterious to me, how I got withdrawn from AIU within six months of returning and then within a short four months later get withdrawn from CTU, right behind it. I know that it's spiritual, someone in my family is dating someone who jinxes people, she may have, had a hand in me doing so badly, but what I do know is that mainly CTU was picking up where I AIU left off, that is misleading me.

I could've thrown everything I love at home, on the floor, but I didn't. I just though a fourth school, my email is attached that I once attended University of Phoenix, American Inter-Continental University, Columbia College Chicago and now Colorado Tech University. It's funny, because CTU won't accept my high school diploma for their Computer Science Program, I won't accept their offer to return to their school anymore, that's karma for you. These schools trick you into thinking that they want you, then when you don't fit their agenda, they kick you to the curve. Well, I won't be pushed around anymore, so I've decided to get into "Waste Management." This year, I will be working for "Fat Tony." I'm the only and last applicant he will accept, so please don't beg and don't whine, you lost your chance to be alongside me. CTU is a good school for other students, but not for me. To each his own.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2019

I have been a student at CTU using the online classes for over three years. When I first signed up, I had a great advisor who seemed to be very helpful. My success coach was okay but I could tell there would be communication issues. I immediately knew there would be a problem with Financial Aid because they were constantly sending me emails and losing my paperwork. I was speaking to someone different all the time. Fast forward a year or so and I ended up having to leave school due to a divorce. I was berated by student accounts about the past due balance and so on and so forth. 3-5 phone calls a day and emails. I finally called and requested that they only send emails because the phone calls were becoming harassment.

I was able to explain my situation to someone in the accounts department and he told me that I could start making payments once my program was finished. He advised me the calls would continue but that was the plan. I continued to receive calls and emails, I continued to explain myself. I was told when I was blocked from classes finally to continue signing these payment agreements because it was just to allow me into classes but our earlier agreement still stands. This has been going on for over a year now.

Suddenly today, 9/27/19, I receive an urgent email from a student accounts manager who says I need to speak with them immediately. I explained myself to him again and let him know that he could pull all the calls and my notes to see what was agreed upon. He stated in a response email that he did not see anything about it and all he saw was the signed payment agreements. I could not believe it. I forwarded as many dated emails as I could to him where I was explaining myself over and over. No response but an out of office email with two alternate people to talk to. Called both of them multiple times - no answer. Just ridiculous.

If I can’t go to school because of my situation then just let me know. Don’t wait until I am 4-5 classes away from completing my bachelors. I already told them I can’t get loans because my ex destroyed my credit, I’m at my aggregate limit for financial aid, and I am living paycheck to paycheck now that I am at one income. All I want is to finish this degree but the student accounts department makes you feel like you don’t matter, they don’t care, and they just want you to pay whatever they tell you to. Love the classes but stay away unless you have all the money for your program upfront.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2019

Multiple times the staff will ghost you and ignore your replies especially when it comes to financing. The online classes are a joke as well and the staff with the online classes are horrible. The teachers just read from a slideshow to "teach" you.

Original review: July 5, 2019

Attended and graduated this university with honors and a 3.8 GPA magna cum laude. They have lied and been deceitful in their billing practices and costs since day one. I was pretty much married to them once I realized that they like another university I attended assign credits that are pretty much useless at other universities as far as transferring credits is concerned. They are also grossly overpriced and have changed how much I owe them on so many occasions I can't even begin to count. Their interest free program is anything but and they eventually sent me to collections anyway even though I had a legally binding payment agreement with them. Did they adhere to it? Absolutely not and why should they?

They know that we are drowning in student loan debt versus their team of lawyers at their for profit university systems that look to exploit students and company tuition programs alike. They look to sell the debt so they can collect multiple times and put your credit at risk while withholding your degree and transcripts until you pay in full. The worst part is I was paying over $300 a month and only had $1400+ dollars left before they unceremoniously sent it to collections with no remorse whatsoever. Shame on you! This is why there are multiple lawsuits against you for this exact type of scrupulous action.

Original review: June 21, 2019

I did the fast track program for a BS in Criminal Justice. I completed it with a 4.0 and honors. However, it’s all theory based (writing essays); no real tests, no hands on learning. I literally learned nothing that would assist me in getting a job within that field of study. I never got a job related to it.

Colorado Technical University expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Colorado Technical University is a career-oriented college that has been in operation since 1956. Colorado Technical University introduced its online school in 1995 to expand beyond its campus in Colorado Springs.

• Military support: Colorado Technical University is a strong supporter of students who are currently or were formerly members of the United States military. CTU has awarded over $4.5 million in scholarships for military members.

• CTU Fast Track: The CTU Fast Track program gives you a series of exams in a key course subject to give you college credit for what you already know. Passing a Fast Track exam earns credits that will help you graduate faster.

• Online and campus classes: CTU has both online and campus classes to give local students the opportunity to choose their learning environment.

• Online tuition and scholarship calculators: CTU provides online calculators that allow you to estimate your tuition costs and your financial aid. These services are useful if price is a key factor in choosing your school.

• Career-oriented curriculum: CTU is designed to help you train with industry-related classes. This curriculum makes CTU ideal for people looking for employment or promotion in a particular field.

• Best for: people seeking a job or promotion, military students and students who are currently employed.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs