Online learning at it's best

3. Online Colleges

coloradotech.edu

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.97/5

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Colorado Technical University’s (CTU) mission is to provide industry-relevant higher education to a diverse student population through innovative technology and experienced faculty, enabling the pursuit of personal and professional goals. CTU offers you choices in the type of education you receive – and how, when and where you pursue your degree. We are dedicated to providing excellence, innovation and flexibility in education and lifelong learning options, from the Associate to the Doctoral level.

Online learning at it's best

General Assembly's affordable options for today's top careers

Find your course

Colorado Technical University Reviews

Original review: Dec. 28, 2019

I have attended CTU since May 2019, and from the very start I have had superb experiences. My admissions advisor and success coach were great. Lauren, my success coach, has continually been helpful and timely in her responses whenever I reach out to her. She has helped me with every question, concern, and request I have made since I've started.

My first financial advisor wasn't as helpful, and it seemed as though she had an attitude and that I was a burden whenever I would reach out. They subsequently, not due to any complaints from me, changed my financial advisor. I have had much better interactions with my new FA, which I believe is a head position because I've only been able to speak with her through messages. Even though I haven't spoke with her directly, every time I call the financial department I get help from one of the very considerate advisors. There is one FA, I can't recall his name, but from the tone of his voice it sounds like he is ** man (which I am as well and this doesn't matter, I'm just being descriptive) that has helped me on multiple occasions and explained things in a very comprehensive manner. He went above and beyond the call of duty and is a great financial advisor. I wish I could have him as my main advisor.

The professors have been great, and I have been able to reach out to them and receive informative responses in timely manners. The speed of the courses is very effective, and I have learned a great deal in the past six months. I've only had one issue with a microeconomics professor, who I felt wasn't a great fit for me.

While attending CTU, I have remained on the President's List, maintaining a 4.0 GPA, and have spoke on my desired outcome. I'm a 33-year-old business owner, pursuing my BSBA with concentrations in Accounting and Finance, and my aim isn't just to get straight A's and graduate Summa Cum Laude. The diploma (or piece of paper as I call it) isn't my main focus because I'm not going to go to work for any one else. I'm an entrepreneur, and the knowledge I need to help ensure the continued growth and success of my current and future companies, is what I'm truly after. CTU has done great at delivering the knowledge I'm looking to attain.

In conclusion, I have seen many bad reviews on here which have me slightly alerted, but I haven't had those experiences and being the extremely hardworking, passionate, persistent person I am, I have been able to maneuver through any hiccups while attending CTU. I can't wait to graduate from CTU with my Bachelor's degree, and likely continue on to gain my MBA as well. Student ID: **

Original review: Nov. 17, 2019

The best thing about attending CTU is that they don't try to cram immoral trashy liberal idealisms down our throats and they've shown time and time again support for our troops. If you're interested in attending a college without the typical left-leaning ** - CTU may be a learning institution for you.

Get expert buying tips about Online Colleges delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2019

I have been attending CTU online since April 2, 2019. I started out taking Business classes, changed to Criminal Justice concentrating on Human Resources, and then just barely changed my major for the last time to Psychology concentrating on Behaviors. I change my mind alot. CTU was very helpful with my changes, and they were prompt with everything.

As for the classes themselves- very easy to navigate the virtual classroom. The teachers are very involved with each student, personally, and have never ignored even one of my messages or concerns. My student success coach has been AWESOME as well. She has been with me every step of the way. I'm not sure why there are so many negative reviews about CTU, because so far, for me, everything has been perfect. Maybe the people who have had issues have had them because they aren't doing THEIR part to make sure they have a good experience with CTU. Because CTU does their part with absolutely no problems. Sign up with CTU! You wont regret it!!!

Original review: Aug. 19, 2019

As someone working full-time, this was a great school for me. I was lucky enough that the campus was near my job anyway. But, like anywhere else, you get out of it what you put into it. I read every assignment. I did every homework assignment. I made it a point to study and understand the topic. I took what I learned and looked for ways to apply it to my job.

Yep, it's easy enough to skate through college if that's what you want. It's also easy enough to blame everyone else for your problems. There were administrative issues. I watched my accounts and followed up immediately when something was wrong. Every issue was taken care of. There were problems with professors -- I liked some and didn't like others. Some I really didn't want to be bothered with at all. But I realize that professors run their classes, so at the end of the day, we do the class and our homework their way. It isn't a big deal - a class only lasts 3 months and then you're off to one you like. Overall, I got out of it what I put into it. And, since I was happy with what I put into it, I was happy with the result as well.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2020

It is devastating that Colorado Technical University is still up to the same old stuff. When I attended in 2015 I am still fighting to obtain my official transcripts after they charged me over $50k for an ASSOCIATES DEGREE!! I had no idea they were crooked and fraudulent!!! I was blind sided by these crooks! I asked for a detailed statement and have yet till today received what I requested in writing!!! It is horrific that they haven’t stop but only getting worst. Someone needs to shut this so called college down. They have cause me to place my career and future college education on hold because they stole every dime I had in financial education. I am going to fight this until something is done about this.

I can’t believe someone mention that all they see is negative reviews on here and nothing positive! Do you realize that it’s these many people and many more this school has scammed and they are still scamming people. I can go on but one way or another I plan to shut Colorado Technical down for good AND YOU WILL PAY ME BACK MY STUDENT LOAN MONEY THAT YOU STOLE FROM ME AND YOU WILL RELEASE MY OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS as I do not owe you another dime! You not only did this to me but also my husband. We both have lost funding and your school charged us $50k for obtaining an ASSOCIATES degree! Y’all can’t continue doing honest working people wrong and think it is okay!! Please anyone that considers going to this school don’t. Run the other way. Go to a local school in your own state!!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Colorado Technical University?

Original review: Jan. 29, 2020

This school is a joke. They accept anyone as long as they’re willing to fork out the money. When you apply for their school, you immediately sign an enrollment agreement which is insane. No legitimate college/university does this. Within a day after applying and signing the enrollment agreement, I immediately regretted my decision. Per the enrollment agreement, you can’t just withdraw from your classes. You have to inform your student advisor or send something in writing to the admissions office. Again, what the heck. Every school I’ve went to allows you to withdraw from your class at the click of a button. Anyways, I informed my student advisor. By the way, it’s funny how their whole demeanor changes when you decide to withdraw. I informed him via phone then via email (just to have something in writing). No response.

Within the next few weeks, I keep getting emails as if I am still enrolled. Emails about my classes, transcripts, financial aid, etc. I called about 3-4 times and spoke with different admission advisers, and they could do absolutely nothing for me because only my student advisor is allowed to withdraw me!?!? However, they kept sending him messages from my part. Still not response. At this point, I keep getting emails. Finally, I sent another email to my student advisor where I was pretty blunt and demanded written confirmation of my cancellations. Within 24 hours, my enrollment was cancelled. The moral of the story, do your research and stay on top of it. And always, always get something in writing! ✌️

Original review: Jan. 16, 2020

Hi there, I took classes back in 2010. I signed up for this at the wrong time in my life. I was having marital problems, seeking attention, money issues, lack of self esteem, was in duress and having mental issues. They were so eager to sign me up which I did online. I remember him, (I cannot remember his name) he did tell me I had 3 days to cancel if I changed my mind. He knew nothing about me personally. So I wished I would of cancelled. I do have diploma. My grade was not all that great to me, I was not happy with it. But they cram you with work, sometimes my work would not go through. I also felt it was not in a classroom, like hands on work. So that disappointed me even more. I feel like I have not learned anything from this school. I know it is my fault, but now I am in debt and living in poverty level. So right now I am trying to get out of this debt. Help!!

Original review: Nov. 26, 2019

I came here to read reviews and because I have experienced good universities, I decided to drop out. You can't drop out on your own, you have to call or email an official. I emailed, never got a response back. And then my academic advisor, Bran ** called me and I told him I was dropping out. He was incredibly nasty and manipulative to me. Scathing, even. He told me he'd spent all this time on me and been nothing but professional and basically that I was a fool for letting reviews help me come to a conclusion about the school. I'll restate something: You can't drop out on your own. I've gone to two previous colleges, Centralia Community College and the University of Washington. Both allowed you to drop out of courses online so you wouldn't be charged. This college is different and it's for the worst.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2019

I enrolled last Thursday. Did orientation Monday and then they had a class Tuesday, which I did part of. I ended up reading up on CTU online a few days later and I am so glad I did. All week I have been telling Ortiz my admissions person that I no longer wanted to be enrolled in this college, wrote the school, even did online chatting. Tell me why she's been beating around the bush all week and still hasn't done it. They act like they will help you with anything until you have something like this happen. Then they don't want to help you, don't answer your emails, have people say they aren't in their office etc.... I am here to warn others "DON'T GO TO CTU ONLINE".

Original review: Oct. 29, 2019

I attended CTU out of being withdraw from my last school nearly related to it, AIU (American Inter-Continental University) and while it had started off good, a very nice Admissions Counselor by the name of Patrice ** got me into the school's system and I had been doing great with my classes. I came across Math and flunked it with flying colors, but never failed it, it's mysterious to me, how I got withdrawn from AIU within six months of returning and then within a short four months later get withdrawn from CTU, right behind it. I know that it's spiritual, someone in my family is dating someone who jinxes people, she may have, had a hand in me doing so badly, but what I do know is that mainly CTU was picking up where I AIU left off, that is misleading me.

I could've thrown everything I love at home, on the floor, but I didn't. I just though a fourth school, my email is attached that I once attended University of Phoenix, American Inter-Continental University, Columbia College Chicago and now Colorado Tech University. It's funny, because CTU won't accept my high school diploma for their Computer Science Program, I won't accept their offer to return to their school anymore, that's karma for you. These schools trick you into thinking that they want you, then when you don't fit their agenda, they kick you to the curve. Well, I won't be pushed around anymore, so I've decided to get into "Waste Management." This year, I will be working for "Fat Tony." I'm the only and last applicant he will accept, so please don't beg and don't whine, you lost your chance to be alongside me. CTU is a good school for other students, but not for me. To each his own.

Colorado Technical University expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Colorado Technical University is a career-oriented college that has been in operation since 1956. Colorado Technical University introduced its online school in 1995 to expand beyond its campus in Colorado Springs.

• Military support: Colorado Technical University is a strong supporter of students who are currently or were formerly members of the United States military. CTU has awarded over $4.5 million in scholarships for military members.

• CTU Fast Track: The CTU Fast Track program gives you a series of exams in a key course subject to give you college credit for what you already know. Passing a Fast Track exam earns credits that will help you graduate faster.

• Online and campus classes: CTU has both online and campus classes to give local students the opportunity to choose their learning environment.

• Online tuition and scholarship calculators: CTU provides online calculators that allow you to estimate your tuition costs and your financial aid. These services are useful if price is a key factor in choosing your school.

• Career-oriented curriculum: CTU is designed to help you train with industry-related classes. This curriculum makes CTU ideal for people looking for employment or promotion in a particular field.

• Best for: people seeking a job or promotion, military students and students who are currently employed.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team