Capella School of Nursing and Health Sciences

Compare Online Nursing Programs

Research top Online Nursing Programs recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I reached out to this school several years ago concerning one of their online programs. I never took one class with this school. I do not have a degree with this school yet I have 41k bill that has now gone to a collection agency and is on my credit report showing as a default. This school has violated my rights and is trying to take advantage of me now and clearly then. Can someone please help me!

My experience with Capella School of Nursing and Health Sciences has been excellent and has gone very smoothly. Online platform is fairly easy, courses are extremely helpful. The coursework is demanding but doable. I have little to no issues and I am progressing very well. These courses give me the flexibility I need due to the fact I work full time. I am able to go online in the evening and completed my curriculum in a timely fashion. I would recommend this program. It is everything that I expected, except I dislike paying for it.

After review of my high school transcripts. I had to also get financial assistance and grants prior to the approval of the nursing program. Enrollment wasn't black or white. There were a lot of details in-between. The online nursing website offers many features that you can access at your fingertips. Rest of test, profile, credits, online textbooks, and I trust the security portion of the website. However, there are glitches in the system that causes delay and a lot of time management and rework. Also the easiness of using the online nursing program online. Maybe have an online chat available for assistance when needed and include an online survey that student can utilize and give feedback.

I liked the speed at which I could do my class on my own time and at my own pace. I feel as though I learn more. As long as the work got completed it was fine. If I had questions or issues it was a bit more of an issue getting my answers when needed. I did have a short wait to get them. But I did get a couple of people that were in my class that could assist with questions. That was nice… Made a few friends that way too. Plus, enrollment was easy, quick and simple. I think it would be easy for anyone to do what I did. Online platforms will help many people in the future where they don’t have to physically be at a college or campus because they have a job and family to care for.

It’s a great school to do online from home or from anywhere. Great program. Easy to do and very convenient on times I can do my classes and lots of online choices to choose from. Plus, it’s very easy to engage in and use the online platform and easy to follow the instructions and tools that they provide.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Capella School of Nursing and Health Sciences?

I like that you can take the courses online. They are less chaotic as would be in a physical classroom. You can have one on one time with your teacher if needed. The process is fairly easy. You have a counselor and your courses are chosen for you as you move along and that makes things a lil easier and less confusing. There's no guessing as to what classes to take or in which order. I pretty much am happy with it as it is currently. It is very easy to work through your classes and if there are problems you have teachers and a counselor that can help you come to a positive conclusion/outcome.

I love having virtual classes on my own time from home while working towards my dream of being a RN. It has been easy for me to enrolling my classes and taking my courses have been simple process. Everything is easy to navigate and if I have a question they are there to answer immediately. The courses have been very helpful.

It has fast teaching, courses abased, a lot of graduates and good references everywhere, is trustworthy. They have a good way of teaching for all. I like that it consists of very good courses and highly trained service staff, great customer service and has a very good reputation. They are committed to you all the way. They have staff very prepared to teach me what I need in an effective way.

The enrollment process is fairly easy. All your courses and instructors are listed on your school page. Grades are also easily displayed. But after enrolling I found this wasn't course I would be interested in sticking with. Also, there are limited scholarship opportunities. Eventually these courses can become expensive. Another thing I dislike is there could be extra time to turn in assignments, additional help and more opportunities to improve your grades. But I like the fact that it can be exclusively taken online, that all essential courses needed to complete the desired program are available a tap away and that you get to go at your on pace.

Online nursing program gives you the same education as going to class everyday. It runs at my own pace suited for me. If I need to I can go over the information over and over again until I understand it unlike a classroom. You can do 12 hours or 4 hours, etc., what you need or can do for the day.

This school and the courses have been very helpful. I love being able to take the online classes... It’s the ease of working around my schedule and the availability of my teachers. Also when I need help they are right there to help in any way they can. They have gone above & beyond helping me. Some was a li’l difficult and others were much easier.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Capella School of Nursing and Health Sciences focuses on helping registered nurses advance their education level and careers. Students will find degree and certificate programs based on up-to-date clinical practices, helping them meet the needs of employers and patients alike.

• Nursing programs: Capella offers online programs for a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN) and multiple Master of Science in Nursing options including diabetes nursing, nursing education and nursing informatics. Capella’s Doctor of Nursing Practice is available for nurses with advanced degrees who are looking to enhance their administration and leadership skills.
  • Accreditation: Capella is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC). Their nursing program is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
  • FlexPath: Capella offers a self-paced program called FlexPath. FlexPath is designed to use the knowledge students gain on the job to allow them to move quickly through certain subjects with which they have experience. Degrees earned using FlexPath are the same as the degrees earned through traditional programs. FlexPath is available with select bachelor’s and master’s degree programs including nursing.
  • Tuition and financial aid: Capella’s bachelor’s degrees are $336-$394 per credit, master’s degrees are $416-$780 per credit and doctoral degrees are $425-$925 per credit. Capella is transparent with their additional fees and has an online list of all fees and other additional costs to consider. Students can save money through FlexPath, scholarships, employer discounts, reimbursement, transfer credits and real-world experience.
  • Career alignment: Capella’s nursing programs are designed to align with current industry standards. It partners with industry leading companies and organizations including the American Nurses Association (ANA) and the Case Management Society of America (CMSA) to make sure their curriculum meets the needs of nursing employers.
  • Best for registered nurses looking to advance their education level and career in nursing.

Compare Online Nursing Programs