Hello Roger,

We apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced and we appreciate your feedback! After reviewing the case, it looks
like your data folder was stored in your One Drive folder. This could have been why your data became corrupted. For more info:

www.neat.com/helpcenter/supported-database-locations/.

For the trouble you have experienced, your cloud plan has been extended for one extra year. Your new Neat Cloud expiration

date is 9/7/2018.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2016

I had bought an older version of The NeatDesk before. Now, I wanted to get rid of paper so I got the Neat scanner. Using it lets me view a lot of things for one particular supplier or vendor without having to have the file folder in front me. I can look at it online. I had a version 5 then I upgraded to the last one where I can hook up to the cloud. But the conversion was terrible. I spent hours with one of their tech guys who was super and helpful but in the end, all of my files got corrupted. I had to go back and rescan everything. Fortunately, I had not shredded the stuff that I had before or I would have had nothing.

It's a traumatic example that the new system is not as easy as the old one. I find it to be a little slower, too. I've done conversions from one computer system to another before but this is beyond terrible. When I'm going from a Neat program to a Neat program, it should fly. I was going from my computer to a Cloud environment and there should be something there to automatically interface it. I had to take a shot in the dark on buying what I bought because of emails I got from Neat. We did a computer update from Microsoft that’s got a store not far from here. Their guys were looking at those emails and scratching their heads saying they can't tell what Neat wanted done in my computer either.

I also don’t like that unless I'm a subscriber, I can't get to anybody. The only way I was able to get to somebody when I was looking for a system-quick general information was after I bought the new version. That's not customer service. I like the program and they got a good product. I might get into the reports sometime though right now, I don’t need it. It's just that the conversion issue wasted a lot of my time. If they wanna give me a couple of years' free subscription due to that, I'd definitely take it.

Hello Sarah,

Thank you for your honest feedback! It's great to hear that you've had such a good experience! If you have any further questions or feedback, please let us know.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2016

I was on tour and our store manager used NeatDesk to do all the receipts. And because I’m on the road, it was so convenient. I have to record every expense for the tour and since I’m constantly on the go, it’s better to scan them and get them an electronic copy as soon as possible. I do it every day. I use the business cards as well. It’s great that NeatDesk streamlines everything, and it makes it a lot easier to knock it out and get it to the accountants that I need to. I also use the NeatCloud on the go and I like how easy it is. If I really stack up my web case, then I scan on my phone and get something done if a runner brings it to me after. I'd definitely recommend The Neat Company.

Hi Barbara,

Original review: Oct. 19, 2016

I have a Neat Desk Scanner AND a mobile scanner - Love them both - I scan all sorts of info into my computer so I can dispose of the paper in a shredder. This way I can store all my tax receipts in the computer with less bulk. A recent computer glitch resulted in a new computer and a transfer to the Neat Cloud Software. And a need for tech support from Neat. They were wonderful about making time for my problems. I love Neat - (wait for it) they are NEAT!

Hi Charles,

We're really glad to hear that! We are working on making our Community site as useful as possible, so it's great to know it was so helpful for you. Please let us know if you have any other questions or feedback.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2016

I had a new issue of my program not loading. I tried reloading the program (as it suggested) and it still did not work. I rebooted the computer several times and still the program would not load. I went to the Community Forum, entered the error message and the topic popped up. Not only that, the information posted was CORRECT and WORKED the first time! Having had such a positive result, I then tried another error message, where after loading the program, it had a scan that would not finish processing. I entered the error message and again I was delighted to find the topic, the solution and immediate resolution of this second error.

I have never had luck with community forums in the past. This was an absolute delight! Thank you!

Hello Sharon,

Thank you for your honest feedback! We always like to hear about our customer's perspective regarding their experience with Neat. Please let us know if you have any other suggestions, issues or comments and we'll be happy to assist you.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2016

I was having a paper war and the paper had declared victory so I needed a scanner. I've always had a habit of keeping my receipts since I was young so my Neat Desk has been helping me with that and it has proven to be very useful in helping me learn how to do my taxes instead of relying solely on my accountant. I can get numbers for my accountant to gather easily. It has been helping me with all of my paper trails because when I first got it, I didn't know how to save everything so I just printed everything out. But I'm learning slowly. I have a stack of papers and now it saves to the Cloud. I have caught up with all of my papers and I'm so excited since next year will be my first year where I don't have to try to find a place for all of them. I love the machine and anybody in sales or who has to have a report of receipts needs it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about The Neat Company?

Hello Helen,

Thank you for your feedback! We are always working on improving our software and NeatCloud! Many improvements in the software have come from customer suggestions like yours. Please let us know if you have any other suggestions, issues or comments and we'll be happy to assist you.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2016

I run a small business and I do a lot of scanning. I use my Neat scanner every day for checks I've received from customers, then I sort them by month. I put in my merchant service, which is people we run credit cards on and I put them in by month. I use it for my database of customers and a few different things. I like the idea that I can go right into the Neat and pick up all the stuff I need to look in. I like that it sorts and that I'm able to keep track of what's coming in and going out. I also have the Neat Cloud because if I were to lose this information, I'm not keeping paper copies anymore. I find it very convenient that I can always get it back from the cloud. I like Neat overall, other than the fact that I can't sort them into the way that I want them sorted. You can't change them. I have invoices that I want to go in and put the name of the person, the date, and the date on the receipt, but Neat has it as the date you scan it.

Hi Rand,

We appreciate your honest feedback. We always like to hear the customer perspective on regarding their experience with Neat. If there is anything we can do for you in the future, be sure to let us know.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2016

I have a small business and lots of documentation in terms of research that can only get in printed form that I needed to convert to digital form. I also had lots of experiential games that I've created that had to be imported into digital format. I use NeatDesk for maintenance of my business records so that I can produce them if needed and for tax purposes - once a week for occasional stuff, then once a month for heavy-duty copying of receipts for tax categorization and documents that I've received in printed form to get them in digital form so I can distribute them. It's a lot easier and faster to summarize a report, find errors and recording of the information. It saves me time. I also signed up for the NeatCloud, though I haven't had the chance to use it yet.

The platform has changed a couple of times and getting from one software to the next has been relatively smooth until the invention of Windows 10 when it was upgraded. Then I had a major system problem and I had to wipe my desk clean. The documentation they have online for those kinds of situations isn't easy to find and I wound up going to the help desk. It worked out great the first time I went through this issue, but now I'm stuck. I still have all my old files, but I can't get them imported yet. I've gone through hell trying to capture all of my records of work and get them into the new software for two or three weeks now. But under most usual circumstances, the software and the scanner works great. I have replaced parts which worked great so I'm really pleased. The cost to performance of the scanner is really good.

Hi Francis,

Thank you for the feedback. We are always happy to hear how our customers are doing and what their experience with Neat has been like.

If you have questions, or need additional assistance with the Neat legacy software, you can interact with other users at our Neat Legacy Community forum located here: https://neat.desk.com/

Original review: Sept. 19, 2016

I saw all the paper clutter and decided to do something about it. I have the Neat scanner and the portable version for a couple of years now. I use them once a week, using mostly the scanner feature and the one that puts things into folders. Using NeatDesk clears up a lot of my clutter. If I want to look at what charitable contributions I made, I can just go to that folder and look at the document. Moreover I find The Neat Company to be exceptional in customer service and in helping me with a problem. It's a good organization with a good product. I only wish that they make it a little easier on old people like me to be able to access and find out about how to do other things on Neat.

Hi Bruce,

Thank you for commenting and we appreciate your candid feedback. We always like to hear the customer perspective on regarding their experience with Neat. If there is anything we can do for you in the future, be sure to let us know.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2016

I use my NeatDesk three times a month. I use it mostly for a combination of scanning receipts and documents that I want to save to a PDF onto my computer. Since using NeatDesk, I've been able to combine computerized documents and PDFs in the same files easily because of its rapid ability to scan. I have used the NeatCloud on the go, however, it is blocked by my work's firewall. Therefore, I can only use it from home, which limits its utility to me. NeatDesk has strong organization tools and rapid scanning ability, though some features are non-intuitive. There are two main issues that I've noticed. First, it jams more frequently than I would like it to, though the jams are easy to fix, and second, it has some problems with very small receipts. Overall, I'm happy with NeatDesk.

Hi Christopher,

We appreciate your candid feedback. We always like to hear the customer perspective on regarding their experience with Neat. If there is anything we can do for you in the future, be sure to let us know.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2016

About three years ago, I was up in New England and I decided that I wanted to scan everything and have it all ready for tax purposes. I've got a couple of properties, so I want to have an electronic file of this stuff and not have a ton of paper around the house. I didn't want to scan everything, I wanted to just have electronic files of insurance policies to reduce my files. I got NeatDesk and so far, I'm very happy with it. I use it twice a month and I'm just getting back into it. I had a tutorial from a person over in the Philippines who was very helpful. I now have the tools I need to get back into it and start using it more often. I'd also love to have a manual of it.

Hi Perry,

Original review: Sept. 14, 2016

I've been using NeatDesk for a couple of years to do expense reports but now it's more to scan something. It's easy to find things with it since I could pull it up from anywhere. The NeatCloud works. My only dislike is the cost. For my circumstances right now, it's $15 a month, and I'm not using it often enough to make that worthwhile. They have very good support, though. When I needed support in the past, they've been there to help me recover some data.

Hi William,

Original review: Sept. 7, 2016

I've had NeatDesk for quite a few years. I'm the vice-president of an alumni association, and I was able to keep up with the members and all of our expenses. However, when I go to "Go to Neat", it says I have no support service. I was using it pretty much every day until I ran into this problem when I switched over to Windows 10, and I can't get it to work right. When I called, they said I have no support, and I can't get a hold of anybody that can help me with it.

Hi Craig,

Thank you for commenting, as we appreciate your candid feedback. We always like to hear the customer perspective on regarding their experience with Neat. If there is anything we can do for you in the future, be sure to let us know.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2016

I've had the NeatDesk for so many years and I use it every year. I use the scanning feature the most and I use it for reports. NeatDesk has made my taxes so much easier. When it works, it works great, but when it doesn't, it's not so great. But overall, I've had a very good experience with it.

The Neat Company

Glad to hear it, Rand. Please let us know if we can assist you in the future and we will be happy to help!

Original review: Aug. 9, 2016

I have an older scanner and was able to get parts that makes it run like new. Had some trouble installing Windows 10 and then getting Neat Database to find my data. Support team was fantastic in pointing me in the right direction! Now have an almost new scanner, with much faster software! I am a happy camper!

Hello Joel,

Thank you for your feedback and comments. We have logged the details of your feedback in an effort to improve our products and services.

There are some currently known issues with scanning to Dropbox and OneDrive that are currently being worked on by Neat developers. We recently released an update that has resolved issues with OneDrive for many of our customers. You can always check our status page for any issues and updates: http://www.neat.com/support/neat-scanner/neatconnect/neatconnect-status/

As for the Cloud, the scanner is made to work directly with the Neat Cloud so that customer's can take advantage of the many Cloud features available like unlimited storage, access to the Neat mobile application, and the ability to export your Neat data to a select group of supported accounting software platforms. We will forward your request for scanning directly to a network drive to our Neat developers. Many improvements in the software have come from customer suggestions like yours.

Neat Customer Care

Original review: March 22, 2017

I would like to say the only thing that is great is the hardware itself. The scanner is fantastic. But the functions on it are not. Everything scans it is the software that is the problem. I am going to be returning my Neat scan connect to Sam's where I bought it. If they would make it so you can wifi scan to your computer on the network and not have it transmitted over the internet, they would corner the market. I LOVE the duplex scan. But again the only thing that actually works is using it to send to their cloud service. I don't want my documents to be on the cloud. There is no option to easy put it on my network drive as the software does not allow you to do that. Also when you scan to your computer multiple pages that are 2 sides and have it set for combined it will put each page as a separate file.

Dropbox, OneDrive will not even work. I have 1T space on OneDrive and it can't remember the password and every time it will reject it. Yet I can use my phone and have it sent to OneDrive no problems. I am very unhappy with this software. AGAIN I wish it could be used just on my network as I have 4T space for all my paperwork. I have to switch back to my HP all in one unfortunately. I can scan it as a searchable doc and save it to any computer or my network drive. Like I said before you would corner the market on scanners if you would add scan to computer on the person's own network and not have to use your service only. I have a satellite internet service and it makes it hard with the limited bandwidth to use. Believe me I will be a customer again if you ever open it up more to access my own network and just scan the pdf file to computer or network drive directly. Till then I will have to stick to my big one side scan all in one HP printer.

Hi Pamela,

We are very sorry for any trouble. Our development team is currently testing an update that will resolve the issues you are experiencing with our Cloud-Powered software. We will notify you as soon as the update is released. We expect that to occur in the very near future.

Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Neat Customer Care

Original review: March 21, 2017

Neat is selling a product to Mac users that is unusable due to a software issue. They are not telling their customers or potential customers about the problem. After 7 years as a customer I received no notification that the problem existed and have not been able to use the product for months.

As a small business owner and in IT Project Management, I find that a company with so many poor reviews would still be in business. Probably because they got people, including me, hooked and dependent on this software, and then converted to a cloud based, monthly subscription. Hearing the calamity that the conversion caused, I remained with the desktop version I started with in 2012. The support is complete trash, as I've spent half a day being led in circles by an automated voice asking to spell out my email, and she kept having errors as slowly as I spoke. It only directs you to the site, where the online chat is totally useless; just a spinning wheel.

If you're migrating to a cloud version, you should have ample support. You should also be taking of your legacy patrons who are grandfathered into this $250+ investment. I keep getting crash errors to restart the program losing my work. Most recently, persistent import errors. I have reinstalled several times with little progress after. I suspect there is built in obsolescence to the legacy updates to get people to pay monthly now. I have lost years of evidence for the IRS, including the receipt for my original Purchase of Neat.

Working in IT, and Sales, I was a huge advocate for this product, now I feel responsible for entrapping so many others in the same situation I am in. This is the worst time for this to be happening to me as tax season is coming to a close, and I am scrounging for an alternate solution. I have an account under **, and unless I subscribe to a plan, I cannot get any support. Neat, I need you to reach out to me and provide a resolution ASAP. - Disgruntled patron.

Resolution In Progress

I've been a Premium Neat Scanner and Cloud service customer for a number of years, quite happy with the product and the service, until the last month or so. I simply wanted to upgrade my scanner to a newer one, so I ordered it online through my website portal, and all appeared good. About a week later, I hadn't received it yet, so I looged in to check on the order and it said it was in "fulfillment," so I just assumed it was in process -- not a big deal.

About three weeks later, it still said the same thing, but it seemed excessive, so I called into Customer Service and was told that my credit card was declined. I expressed two issues -- 1) My card is a typical card with lots of credit available, so there's no reason it should have been declined; but 2) Even worse, why wouldn't the company call ME? The person apologized, took a different card over the phone, and said it would be to my house in 4 days.

About 10 days later, I called again, wondering what was wrong this time. Once again, the next card I used was declined, for the same reason (no reason), and nobody called! The CS person apologized and asked me to use yet another card, to which I replied that I would not do so, and asked to speak with her supervisor. She put me on hold and returned to say that her supervisor was unavailable. I told her to cancel the order, to which she immediately said she would and asked if there was anything else she could do for me... very weird! I said that in fact she could have connected me to her supervisor, but then thanked her and hung up.

I followed up the call with an email asking her to have her supervisor call me that afternoon. This was no longer about buying the product, it was about the lack of customer care and service. The same gal called me back about two hours later to tell me that she found out my card had been canceled by me after I placed the order, which was simply not true -- I have never in my long life called and canceled a credit card order through the bank. She said their system doesn't tell them when a credit card order is declined, so they have no way of knowing it until a customer calls and complains, which I find incredible if true, since virtually every other company I've ever done business with can run a card and make sure it clears before they even place the order. I thanked her for calling me back and expressed my disappointment once again in their lack of customer care.

It's too bad -- last night I went out and purchased a competitor's product that I had chosen not to buy previously. It cost more money and isn't as comprehensive as the Neat scanner I had before, but I would rather work with a competent product from another company than be associated with one that holds its customers with such low regard.

Hello Lorel,

We apologize for the frustration. To clarify, Neat is compatible with the new Sierra OS for Mac, however the software is experiencing stability issues. We have recently released an update that helped improve stability issues for many customers on Sierra. A new version is being tested by the team and will be released shortly to provide more stability improvements.

It appears that our support team has already provided you with an additional year of the Cloud service for free, due to the issues you are experiencing. You will not be billed again for the service until 2/22/2018.

Again we apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you and look forward to getting you back up and running with the next release.

Original review: March 17, 2017

I upgraded to the cloud based Neat Essentials software in December. Since that time I have been totally unable to use Neat. The software crashes every time I use it, in a matter of seconds after opening the program. Even the legacy software now crashes all the time. It can take me an hour just to scan a single sheet. I have talked to technical support for hours - I have had email and live chat conversations with technical support. All anyone can tell me is that the software is not compatible with the Mac OS X Sierra but you're working on it. I do not understand why it is taking so long to deal with the compatibility issue. I am thinking of cancelling my subscription because I feel like I am paying for NOTHING.

Hello Allan,

We apologize for any frustration and appreciate your feedback.

It looks like you are a on a Neat Premium plan. That plan includes 60 of phone and chat support, and unlimited email support. We will send a follow up response with specifics to your plan.

Original review: March 17, 2017

Once I was able to reach an agent things went "WELL". Getting to an agent was another story. It was extremely frustrating. Too much telephone ROBOTS. It took me 6 times to try and get an agent on phone. Not good. Your Robot kept directing me to your internet web page. I am in my 80's and am not too technical.

Hello Ronny,

We apologize for the frustration.

We understand your concerns with our support plans and options. It appears you are on a Neat Premium plan. Customers on that plan get 60 days of live phone and chat support, and unlimited email support. Your 60 day period has already expired which is why you had difficulty getting in touch with the team. After the 60 days, the best way to contact us it to open a case via email and an agent will reach out to you within 72 hours.

We can see that you purchased our $49.99 support plan which extends your live phone and chat support 60 days from the time of purchase. We see that the agent was able to resolve your issue for you.

If you need any further assistance you can utilize your support plan. Your live support period will expire on 5/13/2017. After that, if you need assistance, please open a case with our support team using the following link: http://www.neat.com/support/contact-support/

Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Original review: March 17, 2017

I spent most of Tuesday afternoon trying to get in touch and when I did I was given the wrong information until yesterday after I had paid $70.00 so I could speak to someone. My wife was considering buying this system, but she has changed her mind after my experience. I was talking to a foreign person that I had a hard time understanding and there was so much background noise and an echo that I could barely hear. I love the machine but dislike the lack of service. This is fair and the truth.

Hi Jerry,

We are very sorry for any confusion. If you do not want to use our Cloud services at all, that is absolutely an option. Our Legacy software is available to download here: https://neat.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/2731523-legacy-software-download - this software version does not require any charge to download or use.

Please keep in mind, Legacy versions of Neat have been retired and are no longer supported. While we will not be able to provide agent-assisted support for any issues you encounter with our Legacy software, you can visit our Legacy Support Community at https://neat.desk.com/ for assistance with any issues you encounter.

Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Neat Customer Care

Original review: March 16, 2017

Neat Connect Home Office Edition - I purchased this unit over three months ago for simple purpose of organizing by receipts, business cards and invoices. I am "old school" and do not use the "Cloud". All I want to do is scan and save on my computer, After three months the scanner is useless. It will not let me sign in or access any of my scans. Apparently I received three months of free Cloud use - which I never used. I have tried to contact NEAT in every way possible. No phone number - no e-mail address available. There is a place where you fill out a questionnaire which I did - but guess what - no send/submit button.

The box says... A paid subscription is not necessary to your scanner or the basic features of NEAT. If this is correct where the heck is the instructions to do so? I would like to say NEAT's customers service is poor but there is no customer service at all! There is NOTHING on the box that this unit came in that says there would be a monthly charge for anything! Or if you needed to speak to someone you have to pay. I would followed the instructions that came in the box but --you got it. No instructions.

Hi Tara,

We are very sorry for any trouble. We were able to locate your case, which we will review. We will be escalating your case and will have a senior agent reach back out to you. Thank you for your patience with this.

Neat Customer Care

Original review: March 15, 2017

I've had my NeatDesk for over a year and for just about the same amount of time the scanner and software has not worked. Neat has given me the runaround countless amounts of times and I have spent HOURS on the phone and on remote sessions with their tech support - it still doesn't work. To add insult to injury, Neat has charged my credit card twice during the time the scanner hasn't worked and refuses to refund the money. They claim the new Mac update causes crashing of their software. So now after months of receipts have been stored onto Neat which took days/weeks to complete and enter information on, the scanner just doesn't work and they literally have nothing to say to me. It seems like a scam. Very bizarre and extremely infuriating.

They have done nothing to rectify the service issues I've encountered and now I'm stuck with a scanner that hasn't worked for 80% of its time with me. They should at the very least refund me the charges they have made on my credit card but, they should also take this scanner back and refund me the total amount of money lost on this useless item. All contact numbers lead to automated systems that force you to pay money for actual human support - this can't be legal. The whole thing is so frustrating not to mention I'm trying to run a business. They clearly don't care about their customers once they have made their purchase. I've never experienced such a lack of customer care with any company. Appalling.

Hi John,

Thank you for the feedback! We definitely appreciate it. If you have any further questions or concerns, or if you need any further assistance, please let us know.

Neat Customer Care

Original review: March 14, 2017

I've been using Neat since 2007 and my recent experience lasted three weeks. My laptop was dying so I had to change computers to one with Windows 10. I was on Neat Legacy and my files are 26 gig strong and I got a lot of files and receipt on it. But moving them across didn't go very well. Contacting them initially did not go well because I couldn't get people going to realize how bad my problem was. It took me a little while and took time out of my business. It took some real effort on my part with going into chats, calling them and sitting on the phone.

Once this girl got locked into how big the problem was, she would make an appointment and call me every morning within 15 minutes of the time she had to her appointment. We would give her a sign on and she would go to work. Then, she would let me know when she was done that evening, she would sign off and send me a thing for the next one. She worked on my computer for about eight hours a day every day and I really appreciate her. All of that went quite well and I was happy with that experience. We finally got all the bugs out of it, got it shifted over and then we slowly got all my files finally to my new computer. It was a long and hard process and if it had been up to my wife and my partner, we would have quit.

I like Neat and love what it does for me. I can find a receipt, its exact date and what the cost was because I can search with Neat pretty well. Everything goes on there but I am smart enough to not shred receipts yet and keep the hard copies. My son saw me out here the other day filing almost six months' worth of stuff, sorted out in piles on a great big two eight foot tables and then put them in the filing cabinet. I don't let other people do that for me. But I have a couple of complaints about the Legacy program. I work offline in it and I do not mind archiving it and going to the cloud but I don't like a program that's out there on the cloud. I don't do very good with it so, I end up doing it on my computer but that appears to be all I can do on my computer without being signed on online. I have to do it in the white icon with the orange triangle and let it sync with the cloud and on this thing, you can't.

I am not impressed with the orange icon with the white triangles in it. I would rather stay online and do that mainly because I don't always have internet available. So I have to be able to still do my work that I do on Neat even if I'm offline and then when it's available it syncs up. They need to keep that right there. If they're going to totally do away with that ability, that will distress me greatly. That would be the thing that would push me toward looking and seeing if there were some other company out there providing a service that I could live with and I could move all of my files.

My other complaint was how big the file is when I do a backup. If I go into Neat and I back it up, that ends up being 26 gig. In order to save that on a flash drive, I have to go out and buy a 32 gig flash drive or my file won't fit. I tried to move that backup from one computer to the other and unless I go ahead and hardwire the two computers together, it won't transfer that 28 gig backup. It makes it a little tough to have things up there in the backup.

I learned a lot from them while we were doing all this work. I've got a notebook with about 20 pages of notes on how to do things. But the other thing that it does to me is when I go on the main registry where it has the documents, the inbox and the receipts and I had receipts opened up and I want to cut that and put something in to a document, I would go up, click on the document and it opens but it would drop me back to where I was when I went up to click on that. So then I have to run all the way back up again and end up double clicking and scrolling a lot. But I will still recommend somebody to start using, learning and working with Neat and there are people who don't mind working on the cloud.

Hi Carlos,

We are very sorry for any trouble. We would like to escalate your issue, but we are having trouble locating any cases under your email address. Can you provide us with your case number, or the email address associated with your case? We will have an agent reach out to you as soon as possible once we have located your case.

Original review: March 13, 2017

Purchased product to file paperwork and tidy up my home. Can't log in. Tried to contact support for information since I desperately need some documents. Customer service refuses to help unless I purchase premium package. And no guarantees that they will help if I do. Company not responsive. It's a great idea but this company sucks.

Factual basis uncertain

Hi Josh,

We're very sorry for any trouble, and we definitely understand your frustration. We have published a scanner driver that should address some of the issues you have encountered. The driver and installation instructions are available at http://www.neat.com/helpcenter/neat-software-el-capitan/.

We do not restrict contact options to snail mail. While live support options (phone & chat) are limited to customers on paid support plans, anyone can submit a case via email at http://www.neat.com/support/contact-support/. Please let us know if you have any trouble doing so.

Original review: March 13, 2017

BEWARE - This company is NOT PRO CUSTOMER! When I upgraded my Mac OS to 10.11 El Capitan, I could no longer use my Neat Scanner. For some reason the new OS & Neat Software did not work together. The Neat company knew of the problem and published a work-around on their website. I've tried the work-around with no success. I have submitted multiple support requests, they always point me back to the same work around that DOES NOT WORK!! With NO ability to directly speak to this company, I am left in the Lurch!

TO THIS DAY, I still CANNOT get the scanner to work! El Capitan was released in September 2015!!! This company spends ALL of its attention on future sales, NO CUSTOMER SUPPORT!!! I was purchasing an expensive piece of equipment for 1 function, that NO LONGER WORKS. WHAT A RIP OFF! This company restricts phone calls only to customers who purchase support. Why do I have to pay additional FEES for a basic function! In fact, unless you pay their fee one can only contact the company via snail mail! For the money I spent on this device, I expect that it will work with my computer even if the OS is updated.

Hello Ron,

We are sorry for your frustration. We have reviewed your account and recent case and can see that you are a Neat Premium customer. We can certainly assist you in getting your data into the newer Neat Cloud Powered software.

We have created a new case for you (593941) and we will have an agent reach out to you via email to find out more information about your issue and what needs to be done to get you on the new software. Please reply to the email and provide the agent with details about your issue.

If you have any questions or concerns, please let us know.

Neat Customer Care

Original review: March 12, 2017

When I first got the Neat scanner, I loved it and it was really good. It's this great place which is easy to access. And I’m not a real computer geek kinda guy because I just turned 67. My brother actually got it for me because I retired from American Airlines and was gonna try to get organized in my home. I just put millions of things in there. Once I put files in, I felt like it's now safe to just shred it. Then I moved, so I didn’t deal with it for a little while and just set it up again recently. Somehow it compressed into one file, so I have to go in, reload everything and try to separate the files out. And then create sub-categories again. I don't want to lose what's in there, but it’s gonna take me forever to try to reconstruct it. It’s just mind boggling and I’m having a really hard time with it right now.

Hi Bill,

We are glad that you were able to get your sync working, but we're sorry that it took so much time to get you to that state. We will review your case and follow up with you shortly.

Original review: March 9, 2017

My employer has been using this software for 2 or 3 years. The former office manager had a pretty good experience with it, as did I in the beginning before we had to purchase the cloud service to be able to continue to use the program properly. The cloud service was purchased on 2/7/17 and what I thought would be a normal syncing process began. The process was ANYTHING BUT NORMAL. After many, many chats, emails, and phone calls my syncing process FINALLY completed today 3/9/17, yes 30 DAYS LATER.

Needless to say I think I deserve 5 years of free cloud subscriptions for all of the time and hassle that this has caused. I can just now begin preparing my paperwork for my accountant to complete my 2016 income taxes because of this issue. I now have over 150 receipts to scan in that I was unable to do because of the syncing problem. And Neat support should be paying me for the amount of times that I had to go it the application logs and fix my own issues, which I believe should have been done via Neat remote access. I really hope that everything runs smoothly from here on out, I have been ready to pull my hair out for 3 1/2 weeks.

Hi Dan,

That's great to hear! Thank you so much for the feedback. Please let us know if you need any additional support, or if you have any further questions or concerns.

Original review: March 9, 2017

I purchased this new Neat Connect Scanner to replace an earlier version of Neat Scanner which I absolutely loved. The transition from that one to this one has been a horrific experience for me (until today). I have spent many, many weeks trying to get this to function, and trying to get help, via email, chat, telephone, etc. I was truly ready to pitch it and get something altogether different.

Finally, today I made contact with the ABSOLUTE BEST representative from Neat that I have ever encountered. (The others were kind, but always abrupt and anxious to terminate the call.) This representative, Jan spent all the time necessary to work through the many issues. I understand that it's not easy to communicate with me due to my hearing impairment, and lack of technical knowledge, but she admirably persevered and remained thoroughly patient with me. She even went so far as to return a call as she told me she would. (I was confident at first that I would not hear back, but she kept her word.)

Further she thoroughly, perfectly and patiently explained the details and steps to accomplish the process(es); even though it was necessary to repeat them to me several times due to my impaired hearing. Jan also was able to remotely access my PC to perform the necessary actions. Jan totally went OVER and ABOVE my expectations. She is truly a devoted employee and asset to her company, and not only knows how to resolve problems and how to treat people, but does so with great integrity. God bless her.

Hi Lynn,

We are very sorry for any confusion. We are unable to locate any cases under your email address - is there another email address or case number that you might have used? We would like to review the case and reach back out to you.

Original review: March 9, 2017

I have a Neat scanner that I wanted to start using for scanning business cards and uploading the info to Excel. I used the chat option on their website for info on the 30 day free trial and get some validation that the functionality would meet all of my needs before purchasing. Not sure if there was a real person at the other end of the chat. Response was unacceptably slow, canned responses not answering my questions, and no free trial available unless I committed to purchase of the full plan and a assurance -- not in writing -- that I could cancel within 30 days for a refund. My customer experience with Neat sales/support was so poor that I have no confidence in doing any further business with them.

The Neat Company Company Profile