Hello Roger,

We apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced and we appreciate your feedback! After reviewing the case, it looks
like your data folder was stored in your One Drive folder. This could have been why your data became corrupted. For more info:

www.neat.com/helpcenter/supported-database-locations/.

For the trouble you have experienced, your cloud plan has been extended for one extra year. Your new Neat Cloud expiration

date is 9/7/2018.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2016

I had bought an older version of The NeatDesk before. Now, I wanted to get rid of paper so I got the Neat scanner. Using it lets me view a lot of things for one particular supplier or vendor without having to have the file folder in front me. I can look at it online. I had a version 5 then I upgraded to the last one where I can hook up to the cloud. But the conversion was terrible. I spent hours with one of their tech guys who was super and helpful but in the end, all of my files got corrupted. I had to go back and rescan everything. Fortunately, I had not shredded the stuff that I had before or I would have had nothing.

It's a traumatic example that the new system is not as easy as the old one. I find it to be a little slower, too. I've done conversions from one computer system to another before but this is beyond terrible. When I'm going from a Neat program to a Neat program, it should fly. I was going from my computer to a Cloud environment and there should be something there to automatically interface it. I had to take a shot in the dark on buying what I bought because of emails I got from Neat. We did a computer update from Microsoft that’s got a store not far from here. Their guys were looking at those emails and scratching their heads saying they can't tell what Neat wanted done in my computer either.

I also don’t like that unless I'm a subscriber, I can't get to anybody. The only way I was able to get to somebody when I was looking for a system-quick general information was after I bought the new version. That's not customer service. I like the program and they got a good product. I might get into the reports sometime though right now, I don’t need it. It's just that the conversion issue wasted a lot of my time. If they wanna give me a couple of years' free subscription due to that, I'd definitely take it.

Hello Sarah,

Thank you for your honest feedback! It's great to hear that you've had such a good experience! If you have any further questions or feedback, please let us know.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2016

I was on tour and our store manager used NeatDesk to do all the receipts. And because I’m on the road, it was so convenient. I have to record every expense for the tour and since I’m constantly on the go, it’s better to scan them and get them an electronic copy as soon as possible. I do it every day. I use the business cards as well. It’s great that NeatDesk streamlines everything, and it makes it a lot easier to knock it out and get it to the accountants that I need to. I also use the NeatCloud on the go and I like how easy it is. If I really stack up my web case, then I scan on my phone and get something done if a runner brings it to me after. I'd definitely recommend The Neat Company.

Hi Barbara,

Original review: Oct. 19, 2016

I have a Neat Desk Scanner AND a mobile scanner - Love them both - I scan all sorts of info into my computer so I can dispose of the paper in a shredder. This way I can store all my tax receipts in the computer with less bulk. A recent computer glitch resulted in a new computer and a transfer to the Neat Cloud Software. And a need for tech support from Neat. They were wonderful about making time for my problems. I love Neat - (wait for it) they are NEAT!

Hi Charles,

We're really glad to hear that! We are working on making our Community site as useful as possible, so it's great to know it was so helpful for you. Please let us know if you have any other questions or feedback.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2016

I had a new issue of my program not loading. I tried reloading the program (as it suggested) and it still did not work. I rebooted the computer several times and still the program would not load. I went to the Community Forum, entered the error message and the topic popped up. Not only that, the information posted was CORRECT and WORKED the first time! Having had such a positive result, I then tried another error message, where after loading the program, it had a scan that would not finish processing. I entered the error message and again I was delighted to find the topic, the solution and immediate resolution of this second error.

I have never had luck with community forums in the past. This was an absolute delight! Thank you!

Hello Sharon,

Thank you for your honest feedback! We always like to hear about our customer's perspective regarding their experience with Neat. Please let us know if you have any other suggestions, issues or comments and we'll be happy to assist you.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2016

I was having a paper war and the paper had declared victory so I needed a scanner. I've always had a habit of keeping my receipts since I was young so my Neat Desk has been helping me with that and it has proven to be very useful in helping me learn how to do my taxes instead of relying solely on my accountant. I can get numbers for my accountant to gather easily. It has been helping me with all of my paper trails because when I first got it, I didn't know how to save everything so I just printed everything out. But I'm learning slowly. I have a stack of papers and now it saves to the Cloud. I have caught up with all of my papers and I'm so excited since next year will be my first year where I don't have to try to find a place for all of them. I love the machine and anybody in sales or who has to have a report of receipts needs it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about The Neat Company?

Hello Helen,

Thank you for your feedback! We are always working on improving our software and NeatCloud! Many improvements in the software have come from customer suggestions like yours. Please let us know if you have any other suggestions, issues or comments and we'll be happy to assist you.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2016

I run a small business and I do a lot of scanning. I use my Neat scanner every day for checks I've received from customers, then I sort them by month. I put in my merchant service, which is people we run credit cards on and I put them in by month. I use it for my database of customers and a few different things. I like the idea that I can go right into the Neat and pick up all the stuff I need to look in. I like that it sorts and that I'm able to keep track of what's coming in and going out. I also have the Neat Cloud because if I were to lose this information, I'm not keeping paper copies anymore. I find it very convenient that I can always get it back from the cloud. I like Neat overall, other than the fact that I can't sort them into the way that I want them sorted. You can't change them. I have invoices that I want to go in and put the name of the person, the date, and the date on the receipt, but Neat has it as the date you scan it.

Hi Rand,

We appreciate your honest feedback. We always like to hear the customer perspective on regarding their experience with Neat. If there is anything we can do for you in the future, be sure to let us know.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2016

I have a small business and lots of documentation in terms of research that can only get in printed form that I needed to convert to digital form. I also had lots of experiential games that I've created that had to be imported into digital format. I use NeatDesk for maintenance of my business records so that I can produce them if needed and for tax purposes - once a week for occasional stuff, then once a month for heavy-duty copying of receipts for tax categorization and documents that I've received in printed form to get them in digital form so I can distribute them. It's a lot easier and faster to summarize a report, find errors and recording of the information. It saves me time. I also signed up for the NeatCloud, though I haven't had the chance to use it yet.

The platform has changed a couple of times and getting from one software to the next has been relatively smooth until the invention of Windows 10 when it was upgraded. Then I had a major system problem and I had to wipe my desk clean. The documentation they have online for those kinds of situations isn't easy to find and I wound up going to the help desk. It worked out great the first time I went through this issue, but now I'm stuck. I still have all my old files, but I can't get them imported yet. I've gone through hell trying to capture all of my records of work and get them into the new software for two or three weeks now. But under most usual circumstances, the software and the scanner works great. I have replaced parts which worked great so I'm really pleased. The cost to performance of the scanner is really good.

Hi Francis,

Thank you for the feedback. We are always happy to hear how our customers are doing and what their experience with Neat has been like.

If you have questions, or need additional assistance with the Neat legacy software, you can interact with other users at our Neat Legacy Community forum located here: https://neat.desk.com/

Original review: Sept. 19, 2016

I saw all the paper clutter and decided to do something about it. I have the Neat scanner and the portable version for a couple of years now. I use them once a week, using mostly the scanner feature and the one that puts things into folders. Using NeatDesk clears up a lot of my clutter. If I want to look at what charitable contributions I made, I can just go to that folder and look at the document. Moreover I find The Neat Company to be exceptional in customer service and in helping me with a problem. It's a good organization with a good product. I only wish that they make it a little easier on old people like me to be able to access and find out about how to do other things on Neat.

Hi Bruce,

Thank you for commenting and we appreciate your candid feedback. We always like to hear the customer perspective on regarding their experience with Neat. If there is anything we can do for you in the future, be sure to let us know.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2016

I use my NeatDesk three times a month. I use it mostly for a combination of scanning receipts and documents that I want to save to a PDF onto my computer. Since using NeatDesk, I've been able to combine computerized documents and PDFs in the same files easily because of its rapid ability to scan. I have used the NeatCloud on the go, however, it is blocked by my work's firewall. Therefore, I can only use it from home, which limits its utility to me. NeatDesk has strong organization tools and rapid scanning ability, though some features are non-intuitive. There are two main issues that I've noticed. First, it jams more frequently than I would like it to, though the jams are easy to fix, and second, it has some problems with very small receipts. Overall, I'm happy with NeatDesk.

Hi Christopher,

We appreciate your candid feedback. We always like to hear the customer perspective on regarding their experience with Neat. If there is anything we can do for you in the future, be sure to let us know.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2016

About three years ago, I was up in New England and I decided that I wanted to scan everything and have it all ready for tax purposes. I've got a couple of properties, so I want to have an electronic file of this stuff and not have a ton of paper around the house. I didn't want to scan everything, I wanted to just have electronic files of insurance policies to reduce my files. I got NeatDesk and so far, I'm very happy with it. I use it twice a month and I'm just getting back into it. I had a tutorial from a person over in the Philippines who was very helpful. I now have the tools I need to get back into it and start using it more often. I'd also love to have a manual of it.

Hi Perry,

Original review: Sept. 14, 2016

I've been using NeatDesk for a couple of years to do expense reports but now it's more to scan something. It's easy to find things with it since I could pull it up from anywhere. The NeatCloud works. My only dislike is the cost. For my circumstances right now, it's $15 a month, and I'm not using it often enough to make that worthwhile. They have very good support, though. When I needed support in the past, they've been there to help me recover some data.

Hi William,

Original review: Sept. 7, 2016

I've had NeatDesk for quite a few years. I'm the vice-president of an alumni association, and I was able to keep up with the members and all of our expenses. However, when I go to "Go to Neat", it says I have no support service. I was using it pretty much every day until I ran into this problem when I switched over to Windows 10, and I can't get it to work right. When I called, they said I have no support, and I can't get a hold of anybody that can help me with it.

Hi Craig,

Thank you for commenting, as we appreciate your candid feedback. We always like to hear the customer perspective on regarding their experience with Neat. If there is anything we can do for you in the future, be sure to let us know.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2016

I've had the NeatDesk for so many years and I use it every year. I use the scanning feature the most and I use it for reports. NeatDesk has made my taxes so much easier. When it works, it works great, but when it doesn't, it's not so great. But overall, I've had a very good experience with it.

Hi Denise,

Original review: Aug. 28, 2016

I use my NeatDesk every day. I scan documents and save them in the computer as a PDF. When I got a new computer, we couldn't find the software, but eventually found it and re-downloaded it onto the computer. I called the support line, and they helped us out. They tried their best and fixed the issue. In the end, it had nothing to do with the software, but with the computer.

The Neat Company

Glad to hear it, Rand. Please let us know if we can assist you in the future and we will be happy to help!

Original review: Aug. 9, 2016

I have an older scanner and was able to get parts that makes it run like new. Had some trouble installing Windows 10 and then getting Neat Database to find my data. Support team was fantastic in pointing me in the right direction! Now have an almost new scanner, with much faster software! I am a happy camper!

Hi Angie,

Sorry for any trouble. Please make sure you are updated to our latest scanner driver for Mac, available here: http://www.neat.com/helpcenter/neat-software-el-capitan/. We are also happy to continue assisting you on your current case - please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Neat Customer Care

Original review: Feb. 18, 2017

The scan button will not work with us pressing off the program when it's open and prompts us to press. Indicates there's no paper. There is. I watched the tech opening Image Capture, so, I've done that a couple of times - but it's a hassle. What's going on? Is it because we have a Mac?

Hi Linda,

We're very sorry for any trouble, and we understand your frustration. We will be happy to assist you with any issues you receive - please reply to your current case, or create a new case on our website.

Neat Customer Care

Original review: Feb. 16, 2017

All of the reps have been wonderful, but I'm still having many problems. The Sync keeps failing, the Orange app says another scanner is in use, I've made 3 phone calls and I've wasted so much time. I don't care. I'm using the original app I've had for years. The rep said I could use them both, not so.

Hi Andy,

We're sorry for the trouble, but we definitely understand your frustration. We will keep you posted as we make progress on the issues you have encountered. Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2017

Terrific system and your East Coast tech staff is pleasant to work with. However the lack of the IT group to find a solution for the online software is killing the deal for me which makes me very unhappy. The desktop version seems to be immune.

Hi Arthur,

That's great to hear! We will definitely pass along your feedback. Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2017

I had the most wonderful experience with a representative name Jeno. He should get a bonus or a raise. He handled my problem like a pro. Got the program working and showed some of the highlight of using it. It has made my life a lot easier. Now I am more excited in keeping the program.

Terrible service. Have had Neat for many years. Started off great. Worthless now! Stay away from them. They offer now service to users. They charge for worthless cloud service. They made the system much more difficult to use. Worthless!

Hi Barry,

That's great to hear! We appreciate the feedback. If you need any further assistance, please let us know.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2017

We were very impressed and happy with the lady who helped us with our Neat machine. She was knowledgeable, patient and nice. She spent time with us, making sure our Neat machine was working correctly. She even called us back to see if we were 100% satisfied. Keep hiring these type of employees. We love our Neat machine. It keeps us organized.

Hi Bryan,

Sorry for any trouble, and we will pass along your feedback. Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2017

I love the Neat program and scanner. I would like to see the total in each column brought back. Once I was able to get ahold of a representative the transaction went smooth. I wish that a representative would be more available at the time you call. I know you have a website to address my issues but it would be nice to talk with someone without feeling you will be charged.

I have used (AND LIKED even though the OCR program is quite inadequate) the Legacy software since about Aug 2015 on a MAC. Software upgrade was committed to accommodate new OS--to make NM1000 scanner be recognized. Didn't happen. Got notice that Legacy software would no longer be supported. I have tried many times to get answers to my questions about functionality of new cloud based version given my circumstances--even finally bought new subscription to get 60 day phone support (to get my answers in order to decide if I even want to continue). That was 4 days ago, still no workable phone number. Have spent several times in Live Chat queue as #0--(for 30+ minutes) and no answer. Do not understand what the problem is and I'm getting no answers. Still hopefully waiting for some answers before I abort completely.

Hi Armin,

Thank you for your feedback. If you need any assistance, please let us know.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2017

We had problems at first. We were not aware that there was an upgrade on the software. After multiple calls to Neat letting me know about the problem we were having, they were able to help us out. Once the upgrade was made to the Neat Scanner, the process went very smoothly.

Hi Yvonne,

Sorry for any trouble. You do not need to pay for support - you can submit a support case at http://www.neat.com/support/contact-support/. We have not been able to locate any cases under your email address - can you provide us with the email address or case numbers of your previous cases?

Neat Customer Care

Original review: Feb. 13, 2017

ND 1000 was a gift from my daughter a few years back. She paid a hefty price for it too. I tried to install right away and ran into problem after problem. Talked to support more times than I care to mention. Gave up after no success. Thought I'd try again, thought that maybe they had upgraded the software or something. Still no luck and now you have to pay to get support! Worst company I have ever dealt with. I tell all my friends and business partners do not use Neat products. Very bad support and crappy equipment. A company that does not stand behind its product.

Hi Larry,

Thanks for your feedback! If you have any further questions or comments, please let us know - we will be happy to assist you.

Neat Customer Care

Original review: Feb. 8, 2017

I used the Neat Mobile, got the NeatDesk, and then the NeatConnect, and like these products, so far. I saw that I could take the mobile unit, hook it up to the laptop, and scan in important information that I picked up when I was on the road. I scan in my insurance applications and then fax them as PDF to the company. Also, there is ease in scanning in receipts. All of our stuff are either in the Cloud or on the thumb drives; the potential to be able to use Neat Cloud in the future is going to be very good. There's a lot more I can learn to do with the software, so I'm looking forward to that benefit.

It has been absolutely horrible. I spent over 4 hours today calling various numbers only to be hung up on by automated services and directed to websites that do NOT work. When you try to but in a claim it gives you a form to fill out but the form goes NOWHERE. In other words, when you fill it out there is NO LINK to EMAIL it or send it to the company! Finally frustrated and out of ideas I contacted the SALES DEPARTMENT via a live chat. I got someone named Rose Ann who said she couldn't help me but that she would file a complimentary claim (Number **) and someone would contact me shortly which of course they did not!

Here is my story: I upgraded my account on January 18, 2017 and the Neat company billed my American Express Card for $ 107.99 for an account upgrade. When I log into account it keeps prompting to upgrade to something I already paid for on January 18, 2017. It won't let me use the system unless I upgrade something that I already paid for in January.

The Neat company has absolutely terrible for customer service I have been trying now for over 4 hours to get someone on the phone or via chat to help me. I got someone in their sales chat Rose Ann who opened a case # ** on my behalf. I need someone to contact me immediately please. My name is Marion **, my email address associated with my account is ** and my telephone number is **. The reference number on my American Express Billing Statement which verifies you got paid the $ 107.99 is **. I want the upgrade that I paid for and I want someone to contact me immediately.

Hi Charity,

We're very sorry for any inconvenience. The information you received from the agent was accurate. Our Cloud-Powered software can only export one item at a time. However, PDF copies of all of your items are stored in the NeatScan folder in your Documents.

If you have any further questions, please let us know.

Neat Customer Care

Original review: Feb. 7, 2017

I use your system faithfully running a multi-million dollar business, so I have a lot of invoices and documents I scan. I now need to export a large amount of them to provide to lawyers and the IRS, but I was only able to find the option to do it individually, this wouldn't work for me because it is over 1,000 individual documents. I spent the $50 to get phone support, what a waste of time.

I called and spoke to a guy who had no idea how to help me. He then said it is not possible to export an entire folder, I HAVE to do it one by one. He then told me that I could create a "report" but I would have to change the type of documents that I scanned into invoices, again individually. I refuse to believe there isn't a way to export MY information in large quantities. I pay my monthly dues and I am a good customer. I have lost over $50 today in upgrades and still have not fixed my problem. I am now regretting using this system. I dealt with online chat customer service which then turned into email customer service and then phone customer service.

Factual basis uncertain

Hi Tonia,

We are very sorry for any trouble. We have created a case for you. An agent will reach out to you shortly. We will be happy to assist you with any technical issues, as well as a refund if necessary.

Neat Customer Care

Original review: Feb. 6, 2017

No customer support, system crashes every 3 seconds. I spent the ENTIRE day trying to install and uninstall my Neat driver and software to no avail. I spend HOURS trying to navigate the site to find a way to reach customer support. I had chats with sales, go figure, the only department to have access to. But they continually disconnected me. The phone system is slow and annoying and didn't recognize my name, email, or phone number. I am very frustrated and want a refund.

Resolution In Progress

I have never had such bad customer service as I have had with the Neat Company. I purchased a scanner to scan business receipts and I started getting an error and it will shut down and give a script error. I have had 4 different people take control of my machine for 1-2 hours each and still getting nowhere. You can't call someone and they don't ask you questions when they take control, they are repeating the same steps over and over again with no solution. If I had to buy another scanner it would not be Neat!

The Neat Company Company Profile