Hello Robert,

Thank you for your honest feedback! It's great to hear that you've had such a good experience! If you have any further questions or feedback, please let us know.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2016

I've had the NeatDesk for a while now and I use it everyday. I use the database to retrieve docs when I need it. I scan all my mail and financial reports and throw them away. It's not just a "scan and get rid of the paper" machine. We can find a phone number or a bill in just a click which saves so much time. I don't know what I'd do without it. I'd probably have a big six-foot-high pile of paper. I recommend it to everybody that have so much paper and they don't know what to do with it.

Hello Roger,

We apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced and we appreciate your feedback! After reviewing the case, it looks
like your data folder was stored in your One Drive folder. This could have been why your data became corrupted. For more info:

www.neat.com/helpcenter/supported-database-locations/.

For the trouble you have experienced, your cloud plan has been extended for one extra year. Your new Neat Cloud expiration

date is 9/7/2018.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2016

I had bought an older version of The NeatDesk before. Now, I wanted to get rid of paper so I got the Neat scanner. Using it lets me view a lot of things for one particular supplier or vendor without having to have the file folder in front me. I can look at it online. I had a version 5 then I upgraded to the last one where I can hook up to the cloud. But the conversion was terrible. I spent hours with one of their tech guys who was super and helpful but in the end, all of my files got corrupted. I had to go back and rescan everything. Fortunately, I had not shredded the stuff that I had before or I would have had nothing.

It's a traumatic example that the new system is not as easy as the old one. I find it to be a little slower, too. I've done conversions from one computer system to another before but this is beyond terrible. When I'm going from a Neat program to a Neat program, it should fly. I was going from my computer to a Cloud environment and there should be something there to automatically interface it. I had to take a shot in the dark on buying what I bought because of emails I got from Neat. We did a computer update from Microsoft that’s got a store not far from here. Their guys were looking at those emails and scratching their heads saying they can't tell what Neat wanted done in my computer either.

I also don’t like that unless I'm a subscriber, I can't get to anybody. The only way I was able to get to somebody when I was looking for a system-quick general information was after I bought the new version. That's not customer service. I like the program and they got a good product. I might get into the reports sometime though right now, I don’t need it. It's just that the conversion issue wasted a lot of my time. If they wanna give me a couple of years' free subscription due to that, I'd definitely take it.

Hello Sarah,

Original review: Oct. 20, 2016

I was on tour and our store manager used NeatDesk to do all the receipts. And because I’m on the road, it was so convenient. I have to record every expense for the tour and since I’m constantly on the go, it’s better to scan them and get them an electronic copy as soon as possible. I do it every day. I use the business cards as well. It’s great that NeatDesk streamlines everything, and it makes it a lot easier to knock it out and get it to the accountants that I need to. I also use the NeatCloud on the go and I like how easy it is. If I really stack up my web case, then I scan on my phone and get something done if a runner brings it to me after. I'd definitely recommend The Neat Company.

Hi Barbara,

Original review: Oct. 19, 2016

I have a Neat Desk Scanner AND a mobile scanner - Love them both - I scan all sorts of info into my computer so I can dispose of the paper in a shredder. This way I can store all my tax receipts in the computer with less bulk. A recent computer glitch resulted in a new computer and a transfer to the Neat Cloud Software. And a need for tech support from Neat. They were wonderful about making time for my problems. I love Neat - (wait for it) they are NEAT!

Hi Charles,

We're really glad to hear that! We are working on making our Community site as useful as possible, so it's great to know it was so helpful for you. Please let us know if you have any other questions or feedback.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2016

I had a new issue of my program not loading. I tried reloading the program (as it suggested) and it still did not work. I rebooted the computer several times and still the program would not load. I went to the Community Forum, entered the error message and the topic popped up. Not only that, the information posted was CORRECT and WORKED the first time! Having had such a positive result, I then tried another error message, where after loading the program, it had a scan that would not finish processing. I entered the error message and again I was delighted to find the topic, the solution and immediate resolution of this second error.

I have never had luck with community forums in the past. This was an absolute delight! Thank you!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about The Neat Company?

Hello Victor,

Thank you for your honest feedback! We are so glad support was able to resolve your issue! We like to hear about our customer's perspective regarding their experience with Neat support. Please let us know if you have any other suggestions, issues or comments and we'll be happy to assist you.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2016

Thank you for your help recovering the: Cannot Find Neat DataBase. The support that was provided was excellent. It did take about 22 hours to save it, it did stop recovering 4 times but, I restarted it each time and it continued to process the DataBase until it was completely restored. Thank You! Great Job! What a relief to have 5 Years of my business restored. I have certainly been recommending Neat to my friends for their Business. Again Thank You!

Hello Sharon,

Thank you for your honest feedback! We always like to hear about our customer's perspective regarding their experience with Neat. Please let us know if you have any other suggestions, issues or comments and we'll be happy to assist you.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2016

I was having a paper war and the paper had declared victory so I needed a scanner. I've always had a habit of keeping my receipts since I was young so my Neat Desk has been helping me with that and it has proven to be very useful in helping me learn how to do my taxes instead of relying solely on my accountant. I can get numbers for my accountant to gather easily. It has been helping me with all of my paper trails because when I first got it, I didn't know how to save everything so I just printed everything out. But I'm learning slowly. I have a stack of papers and now it saves to the Cloud. I have caught up with all of my papers and I'm so excited since next year will be my first year where I don't have to try to find a place for all of them. I love the machine and anybody in sales or who has to have a report of receipts needs it.

Hello Helen,

Thank you for your feedback! We are always working on improving our software and NeatCloud! Many improvements in the software have come from customer suggestions like yours. Please let us know if you have any other suggestions, issues or comments and we'll be happy to assist you.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2016

I run a small business and I do a lot of scanning. I use my Neat scanner every day for checks I've received from customers, then I sort them by month. I put in my merchant service, which is people we run credit cards on and I put them in by month. I use it for my database of customers and a few different things. I like the idea that I can go right into the Neat and pick up all the stuff I need to look in. I like that it sorts and that I'm able to keep track of what's coming in and going out. I also have the Neat Cloud because if I were to lose this information, I'm not keeping paper copies anymore. I find it very convenient that I can always get it back from the cloud. I like Neat overall, other than the fact that I can't sort them into the way that I want them sorted. You can't change them. I have invoices that I want to go in and put the name of the person, the date, and the date on the receipt, but Neat has it as the date you scan it.

Hi Rand,

We appreciate your honest feedback. We always like to hear the customer perspective on regarding their experience with Neat. If there is anything we can do for you in the future, be sure to let us know.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2016

I have a small business and lots of documentation in terms of research that can only get in printed form that I needed to convert to digital form. I also had lots of experiential games that I've created that had to be imported into digital format. I use NeatDesk for maintenance of my business records so that I can produce them if needed and for tax purposes - once a week for occasional stuff, then once a month for heavy-duty copying of receipts for tax categorization and documents that I've received in printed form to get them in digital form so I can distribute them. It's a lot easier and faster to summarize a report, find errors and recording of the information. It saves me time. I also signed up for the NeatCloud, though I haven't had the chance to use it yet.

The platform has changed a couple of times and getting from one software to the next has been relatively smooth until the invention of Windows 10 when it was upgraded. Then I had a major system problem and I had to wipe my desk clean. The documentation they have online for those kinds of situations isn't easy to find and I wound up going to the help desk. It worked out great the first time I went through this issue, but now I'm stuck. I still have all my old files, but I can't get them imported yet. I've gone through hell trying to capture all of my records of work and get them into the new software for two or three weeks now. But under most usual circumstances, the software and the scanner works great. I have replaced parts which worked great so I'm really pleased. The cost to performance of the scanner is really good.

Hi Francis,

Thank you for the feedback. We are always happy to hear how our customers are doing and what their experience with Neat has been like.

If you have questions, or need additional assistance with the Neat legacy software, you can interact with other users at our Neat Legacy Community forum located here: https://neat.desk.com/

Original review: Sept. 19, 2016

I saw all the paper clutter and decided to do something about it. I have the Neat scanner and the portable version for a couple of years now. I use them once a week, using mostly the scanner feature and the one that puts things into folders. Using NeatDesk clears up a lot of my clutter. If I want to look at what charitable contributions I made, I can just go to that folder and look at the document. Moreover I find The Neat Company to be exceptional in customer service and in helping me with a problem. It's a good organization with a good product. I only wish that they make it a little easier on old people like me to be able to access and find out about how to do other things on Neat.

Hi Bruce,

Thank you for commenting and we appreciate your candid feedback. We always like to hear the customer perspective on regarding their experience with Neat. If there is anything we can do for you in the future, be sure to let us know.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2016

I use my NeatDesk three times a month. I use it mostly for a combination of scanning receipts and documents that I want to save to a PDF onto my computer. Since using NeatDesk, I've been able to combine computerized documents and PDFs in the same files easily because of its rapid ability to scan. I have used the NeatCloud on the go, however, it is blocked by my work's firewall. Therefore, I can only use it from home, which limits its utility to me. NeatDesk has strong organization tools and rapid scanning ability, though some features are non-intuitive. There are two main issues that I've noticed. First, it jams more frequently than I would like it to, though the jams are easy to fix, and second, it has some problems with very small receipts. Overall, I'm happy with NeatDesk.

Hi Gary,

Thank you for leaving your feedback here. If you need any assistance, we are happy to reach out to you and provide assistance. Please send us a private message here with your availability and we will make arrangements. Thank you

Original review: Sept. 16, 2016

I am very proud and very happy with Neat. I did have a lot of trouble. I had about three Trojan Horses invade my computer and I had to go through and get them out. I'm still suffering the related damage which still exists today. I bought Neat many years ago when the helpdesk was free and it was one of the reasons I bought Neat. I have had a lot of growing pains with it. Some of the new things never worked as advertised like print to Neat, which I use heavily. It took them about a year to get it going after they released it on my computer.

I use them mainly to manage finances. It takes a lot longer to use Neat and to categorize the way I want it. But I have things at my fingertips when I do my charge cards and not having tons of filing cabinets versus having the original in digitized form, I believe it is well-worth the Neat. The last time I called them for help at Neat, I was told that I have to pay up next time. Now it seemed a little abrupt and brazen, but after thinking about it, the gentleman was right. I hadn't paid anything. Reason: I am on Social Security and I only get $1,400 a month and I have to eat. So, at this point, I have stayed away and I have solved my own problems. The darn Trojan Horses came back and destroyed everything Neat built. And at this time, I will not call Neat because I don't have the finances that they want to continue. So, I'm suffering and limping along.

Hi Christopher,

We appreciate your candid feedback. We always like to hear the customer perspective on regarding their experience with Neat. If there is anything we can do for you in the future, be sure to let us know.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2016

About three years ago, I was up in New England and I decided that I wanted to scan everything and have it all ready for tax purposes. I've got a couple of properties, so I want to have an electronic file of this stuff and not have a ton of paper around the house. I didn't want to scan everything, I wanted to just have electronic files of insurance policies to reduce my files. I got NeatDesk and so far, I'm very happy with it. I use it twice a month and I'm just getting back into it. I had a tutorial from a person over in the Philippines who was very helpful. I now have the tools I need to get back into it and start using it more often. I'd also love to have a manual of it.

Hi Perry,

Original review: Sept. 14, 2016

I've been using NeatDesk for a couple of years to do expense reports but now it's more to scan something. It's easy to find things with it since I could pull it up from anywhere. The NeatCloud works. My only dislike is the cost. For my circumstances right now, it's $15 a month, and I'm not using it often enough to make that worthwhile. They have very good support, though. When I needed support in the past, they've been there to help me recover some data.

Hi William,

Original review: Sept. 7, 2016

I've had NeatDesk for quite a few years. I'm the vice-president of an alumni association, and I was able to keep up with the members and all of our expenses. However, when I go to "Go to Neat", it says I have no support service. I was using it pretty much every day until I ran into this problem when I switched over to Windows 10, and I can't get it to work right. When I called, they said I have no support, and I can't get a hold of anybody that can help me with it.

Hi Craig,

Thank you for commenting, as we appreciate your candid feedback. We always like to hear the customer perspective on regarding their experience with Neat. If there is anything we can do for you in the future, be sure to let us know.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2016

I've had the NeatDesk for so many years and I use it every year. I use the scanning feature the most and I use it for reports. NeatDesk has made my taxes so much easier. When it works, it works great, but when it doesn't, it's not so great. But overall, I've had a very good experience with it.

Hi Denise,

Original review: Aug. 28, 2016

I use my NeatDesk every day. I scan documents and save them in the computer as a PDF. When I got a new computer, we couldn't find the software, but eventually found it and re-downloaded it onto the computer. I called the support line, and they helped us out. They tried their best and fixed the issue. In the end, it had nothing to do with the software, but with the computer.

The Neat Company

Glad to hear it, Rand. Please let us know if we can assist you in the future and we will be happy to help!

Original review: Aug. 9, 2016

I have an older scanner and was able to get parts that makes it run like new. Had some trouble installing Windows 10 and then getting Neat Database to find my data. Support team was fantastic in pointing me in the right direction! Now have an almost new scanner, with much faster software! I am a happy camper!

Hi Susan,

We appreciate hearing about your experience with Neat! We're glad we could assisting you with your organizational needs. Please reach out to us in the future if you have any questions or need assistance.

Original review: July 3, 2016

I use my NeatDesk a couple of times a week. I find that the more documents I have out there, the slower it processes. However, it’s much more organized. I used it mostly to scan receipts and medical paperwork. I also used it to create a report of the sales tax that we spent last year and I took it to H&R Block for our income tax. What I did before was I would just scan stuff into my printer and then I would save it and build directories like Neat has in it. I couldn’t run reports and do additions. Now I'm a lot less paperless and I'm able to find things easier. Since it's 2016, what I would like is a feature where I could take everything with a date of 2015 and archive it.

Hello Ronald,

We apologize for your frustration.

Our monthly and yearly plans are clearly outlined on our website. If you choose a free trial instead of one of these plans, there is also a disclaimer on each of the purchase order pages that you will be billed and what you will be billed (in amount) at the end of the trial.

http://shop.neat.com/products/software-plans/ (View annual plans)

http://shop.neat.com/checkout/cart/ (includes disclaimer about billing)

We can see that you purchased this on 7/27/2016 and that the order was cancelled on 10/13/2016. We can also see that you recently opened a case with support (Case: 542377). An agent sent an email to you on 10/17/2016 requesting to schedule a callback with your to discuss your account and billing issues.

We will have the agent re-send the email, please reply to that email so that they can assist you.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2016

I trialed the cloud service software. There is no way to trial it without giving them credit card info (the only provider I have used that required this). The advertising is misleading on the pricing page of the website. It advertises a monthly price. This is incorrect! They bill annually and offer no refund if the product doesn't work. I asked for a refund after being on chat hold for an hour and was asked for my billing information! They obviously had this since they charged my card. I was planning on revisiting this software in the future if they continue to develop it. I will not be doing that now. This company does not put customers as a priority and I would highly recommend not using them!

Factual basis uncertain

Hello Nancy,

We apologize for any confusion. You do NOT have to purchase a subscription plan to use your scanner for home use. You can continue to use your Legacy software as Legacy versions of Neat are available to use at no charge with out an active Neat Cloud subscription. Please keep in mind, legacy versions of Neat are no longer supported, and you will not be able to receive agent-assisted support for these software versions. However, we have our Legacy Software Community page for customers on the Legacy software who need assistance: https://neat.desk.com

Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2016

I bought this scanning device with the software from Best Buy. It worked great at first. Then suddenly you can't use your purchased hardware and software anymore. It's legacy and now you must after less than two years, pay an ongoing subscription fee to use what you purchased for home use. It's the worst decision for customers I have ever seen, and I am a long time enterprise software executive. It's pretty much "throw away the hardware now." I will NOT be ripped off further by this terrible company.

I have used a NeatDesk Scanner for years and keep all my documents in my computer or my own backup. Continuous problems with Mac iOS NeatDesk software. Problems get worse and I went to their website for support only to find out that they are no longer supporting software if we do not upgrade and pay them monthly for their cloud storage. I do not need, do not wants, do not trust, and will not use cloud storage. I just want a product that WORKS, without being asked to pay $7.99 a month to continue using a product I purchased with different rules. This should be illegal.

I am so angry right now. I wish I was an attorney, there should be a class action lawsuit against this practice. So what am I supposed to do... well I am going to export all files as PDF and not be dependent on such an unethical, greedy, company. I will spread the word as far and wide as I possibly can. I am on a mission. My scanner was a gift, I cannot verify with receipt or order number. But I do own the product, which I thoroughly regret after this change of policy. I want Software That Works and I don't want to pay you $7.99 per month to have it. That was not in my original agreement when I purchased the scanner. You are a horrible company. I hope you go bankrupt.

Hello Tonya,

We certainly apologize for your frustration. We see that you were able to call in an speak with an agent on 11/29/2016. (Case:557151) In which the agent was able to assist you with your subscription issues and also provided a refund for the subscription plan you set up under an incorrect email address. We also see that the agent verified that you were able to see files under the correct NeatCloud account.

If you still have a questions or need assistance - please respond to the case directly and a customer care agent will provide additional support.

Neat Customer Care

Original review: Nov. 29, 2016

Had issues with my subscription and Neat online support had me buy another subscription then wouldn't let me log in. I sent email - no help and called left msg. to get call back and nothing - 2 months no help and can't access my files. Then I have been first in line with a 2 minute wait time for 10 minutes. Can't log in to either account - CAN'T GET A HOLD OF ANY CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Hello Thomas,

We apologize for the frustration this has caused you. Unfortunately, we are no longer supporting the Legacy software, as we've released a new Cloud-based version of Neat that we are focusing on. (This includes live support and email support). We made this announcement earlier this year: http://www.neat.com/helpcenter/ending-support-of-legacy-desktop/

We can see that you have recently purchased a scanner and multiple cloud subscriptions. We will open a case for you and have an agent reach out to discuss what you have purchased, and what you need/want. Please check your email soon for this response. (You may also want to check your spam/junk folder)

Even though we no longer offer support for the Legacy software, we have created the Community - Legacy Support page. This site provides customers who need answers to support questions for end-of-life versions of Neat software. This site will be moderated by Neat personnel but live agent support is no longer provided. https://neat.desk.com/

In the future, if you have issues, you can ask the Community your questions directly to get assistance from other Legacy users like yourself.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2016

I have an ND-1000 and Neat Software 4.5.0 running on Mac Sierra 10.12.1. The software is constantly crashing – particularly when I try to scan double-sided or combined, is crashes every time. I have paid for a support account, but have been trying for a WEEK to access either the phone support line or live chat. Today, I was unable to access phone support several times, due to TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES (whatever that means). So I once again tried LIVE CHAT. I have now been waiting an HOUR with consecutive delays of 6 minutes. This is unacceptable customer support.

Hello Ralph,

We apologize for the frustration.

We can see that you did attempt to purchase a NeatCare plan for $49.95 on 11/28/2016. However, that order was never processed due to a decline of the card, and therefore, you currently do not have a support plan.

If you are using the Neat Cloud-Powered software then you do get unlimited email support. We were only able to locate one email from the email address provided that was submitted on 11/28/2016. (Case: 556696) A support agent did respond to your case on 11/30/2016 at 7:55am and has not received any further responses from you.

We will have the agent send another email to request additional information from you about your issue. (Please check your spam /junk folder for this email also).

If you still have a question or need assistance - please respond to the case directly and a customer care agent will provide additional support.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2016

I have not been able to get my Neat Software to work for model ND-1000. Have attempted to contact Neat Technical Support for several days now. Phone support is non-existent and runs me in circles asking questions. Sent in several email requests for support - never got a response. Spend over a hour waiting for Live Chat. Waste of time. I even purchased an extended service plan and still did not receive a tech support number I can call (that works). Is this a real company?

Hello Bill,

We apologize for the frustration you have experienced.

We are not requiring that you use our Cloud Powered software. If you wanted to continue to use your Legacy software you certainly could go back to it.

Both the Legacy software and the Cloud Powered software store a local copy of your data on your computer. Your Legacy software stores it's local copy, by default in your documents, in a folder called 'Neat Library'. If you choose to 'Show Package Contents' then you will see a list a of the PDFs stored in the database.

For the Cloud Powered software, it's local copy is also stored in your documents by default, in a folder called 'NeatScan'. When you expand the NeatScan folder you will also see a list of the available PDFs in the software.

We were unable to locate any recent cases under your email address in which you reported any issue with missing files or processing issues. For assistance with these issues, we recommend opening a case using the following link so we can have an agent investigate: http://www.neat.com/support/contact-support/

If you open a case, you can reply here with your case number and we will have an agent review the case ASAP.

Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2016

I have used the Mac desktop version of Neat for over 5 years. As they stopped supporting it, I had to move to their cloud version. I have thousands of documents - my entire business and personal filing system, stuck in this horrible product. I highly recommend that everyone stay far, far away from this product for the following reasons:

I pay $15/month for the service, but this does not entitle me to telephone support after an initial 60 days. For this I must pay an additional $50. Over the last months, I did not realize it, but about 50% of scans are going into the ozone. Today I retained paper copies of the 12 documents I scanned to check and only 6 of them made it into the product. I have now lost scores of documents my family needs to their horrible product. I am now getting duplicates of 80% of documents that are lucky enough to make it into their cloud-based storage system. I must manually delete them after a scanning session.

Their search seems to use an implied OR rather than an AND - or it's just whimsical - who knows. The old search engine worked fine. Sometimes I have to wait 15-60 seconds before a document image appears. It takes multiple mouse clicks to expand an image, the default size cannot be set, and the default size is unreadable on my monitors.

Apparently in a fit of wild humor, Neat deleted most of the metadata for the thousands of files I previously uploaded, including the creation dates. There's no way I've figured out to get all my stuff OUT of this horrible system and into my own hands, except downloading thousands and thousands of files one at a time. It will cost me $50 to actually to talk to a real person to try and straighten out this horrible, horrible mess.

Hello Gary,

Thank you for your honest feedback! We always like to hear about our customers experience with Neat. Please let us know if you have any other suggestions, issues or comments and we'll be happy to assist you.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2016

I purchased a Neat Connect with 1 year of the premium software in August. I had an issue with the pin number that was included with purchase for the software and I was set up with a trial account that expired after just 3 months. At first the support process was very frustrating because Neat does not let you talk to a live person unless the automated system can verify an account. I finally got through to an extremely helpful person via the online chat. He restored my account and fixed the issue with my pin code. I would rate this a 5 star if I could have spoke to a live person. I spent about an hour and a half before I got a hold of Fritz who was great to work with.

Hello Ulysses,

Thank you for your honest feedback. We always like to hear about our customers experience with Neat. Please let us know if you have any other suggestions, issues or comments and we'll be happy to assist you.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2016

Shan has been such a great tech regarding my neat account. We have had some tough problems but she never given up on me yet she stayed very professional at all times and I hope that she will be rewarded for her loyalty with neat company. This my chance to thank Shan and the neat company for their great service while aiding me in my line of business. Thanks again.

Hi Joanne,

We are very sorry for any trouble. We are aware of the stability issues with Sierra, and our development team is working on software fixes to address them. We will notify you when a fix is available. In the meantime, you can manage your database at https://cloud.neat.com/. If you have any further questions, or if you need further assistance, please let us know here, or by responding to your current case. You can also open a new case at http://www.neat.com/support/contact-support/.

N

Original review: Nov. 21, 2016

I have owned a Neat since 2010. I have a macbook pro and my operating system is Sierra, version 10.12.1. I was having problems with Neat as my NEAT would crash after I had scanned 3 or 4 pages. I learned from NEAT Tech that this is a common problem and that I would just have to wait for a fix. I pay for the NEAT Tech support as well as for ICLOUD. DO NOT BUY THE NEAT IF YOU HAVE OS SIERRA AS IT WILL REPEATEDLY CRASH.

Hello Bari,

Thank you for your honest feedback and we apologize for the frustration you have experienced. I have logged the details of your feedback in an effort to improve our products and services. Many improvements in the software have come from customer suggestions like yours. Please let us know if you have any other suggestions, issues or comments and we'll be happy to assist you.

Neat Customer Care

Original review: Nov. 18, 2016

I have been using a neat desktop scanner for my small business since 2009. Love it, it has been a great tool for organizing office paperwork. I scan at least 3x a week. As the legacy desktop service is no longer supported I purchased a cloud service in Sept (after a three month trial). I'm afraid it has not been a good experience, despite weeks of customer service trying to sync my legacy database to the cloud, I finally gave up and decided that I would keep my legacy DB and scan new items to the cloud.

First batch that was scanned to the cloud failed - it took from Sept 8 to November 14 for support to resolve the issue. The resolve ended up being a reinstall of the cloud service and I lost all of the items that were stuck in the scan. By November I was no longer able to call in the tech support, I had to send chat messages and emails - pretty frustrating. After the reinstall of the cloud software, my legacy software quit working. It would not process anything in or out of the database. Tech support would not help as it's not supported. I resolved the issue by uninstalling the cloud system and the legacy system and reinstalling the legacy system, without the cloud system.

I have scanned a few items to the cloud system, there are a few features missing that I hope they implement - the ability to combine scanned items after they are scanned is a big one. It is slower (and I have 1000mbps with google fiber). I combine a lot of items and then export them to PDF files and Archive to keep my database smaller. Please Neat, you've been a great company in the past, please please don't forget your old customers! Longer call support would be great and better features in the cloud system. Thank you for listening!

The Neat Company Company Profile