Find a Dentures and Dental Implant Solutions partner

Looking for a dental insurance plan

Shop plans on Health Network now

Get quote now

Aspen Dental Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aspen Dental?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aspen Dental?

Original review: April 21, 2021

The office and the staff at Monaca Aspen Dental are awesome - but, DO NOT TAKE A DENTAL FIRST FINANCING LOAN OUT - the worst company - the worst policies - terrible customer service team - just do not do it.

Original review: March 2, 2021

I had 9 teeth pulled my second appt. My first appt. was due to an extremely abscessed lateral incisor, and Altoona, Pa Aspen Dental took me as a walk in and saved my life. Even with no ** they were so skillful I barely felt it come out. Thank you all.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2021

Had a tooth taken out a few weeks, maybe a month ago, and it was AMAZING!! I know, sounds crazy, a tooth taken out that was amazing, but everyone I met was so calm. Great service from Dr. **, his assistants Hannah and Stephanie were also amazing!! A bigger woman came in and seemed, flustered and worried but Dr. ** and his assistants calmly explained to her what needed to be done. Dr. ** has an amazing bedside manner and Hannah and Stephanie kept coming in and talking to me, making sure I was staying calm and if I needed anything. The young girl at the front desk Tasmin was also so sweet and so was the manager I spoke to, Paige. Besides the offsetting and worried heavy set woman, everything and one was great, friendly and amazing!! Thank you Aspen and Dr. **, Paige, Tasmin, Hannah and Stephanie!!

Original review: May 17, 2021

When I chose to go to Aspen Dental, I did so because though I’d been happy with the dentist I’d been seeing for decades, I had some concrete reasons to be concerned. He was perhaps missing things in my dental care. Though my teeth looked and felt fine, a fresh set of eyes couldn’t hurt, I thought. First off, as a new Aspen Dental patient, I was required to go through a ridiculous amount of x-rays that were not only time-consuming and annoying—but many of them factually painful from the way the x-ray films were placed. “Gee-a lot of our clients are throwing up by now!” one of the technicians cheerfully informed me by the end of the session. I was earnestly too concerned about contemplating the radiation-load my body was undergoing, to be thinking of throwing up. ‘First red flag.

During the following routine dental exam I was told I had “significant” periodontal disease. “Okay,” I thought, “maybe my other dentist WAS missing things.” I was prescribed a set of expensive mouthwashes, treatments and toothpastes to use in combating my “significant” periodontal disease. I was also charged for a $100 electric toothbrush that I hadn’t requested, they hadn’t mentioned, and that I didn’t even catch until I was home reviewing my eye-popping, after-insurance, bill. Of course I was also scheduled for a periodontal cleaning a few days later. I never saw a dentist at this first session—only a dental technician.

'Harboring some doubts but yet intrigued at this point—I showed up for my periodontal cleaning. I wasn’t looking forward to it--friends who had undergone similar procedures reported often having to spend hours in a dental chair, and sometimes even having to have the work split into two separate sessions. I settled back for the work to begin…and within 15-20 minutes was told I was finished. 15-20 minutes? Usually my twice-a-year-routine cleanings take roughly that long.

I checked with the technician: “That was a full periodontal cleaning?” He assured me it was, and told me to be sure to continue using all my special (expensive!) periodontal products. So apparently Aspen Dental can treat “significant periodontal disease” with a load of fluoride-laden care products and a 15 minute cleaning. What miracle workers! The dentist then came in, poked around in my mouth for five minutes, declared everything looked “terrific” and departed. ‘As did I—but not before I paid another exorbitant charge on my bill.

Needless to say, I have never gone back to Aspen Dental. A subsequent appointment with another dentist revealed I had no periodontal disease of any consequence—though that dentist did recommend using a tartar-removing toothpaste and/or mouthwash, of the type that can be purchased in any store. I attempted to use up my Aspen Dental prescribed periodontal products, figuring I had paid for them and may as well use them, but after starting to notice yellowing on my back teeth, and over-all tooth sensitivity, I became concerned about fluorosis from an over-load of fluoride—so I pitched them in the trash. The convenient, available (and *should* be less expensive) concept of "chain-store" health and dental care is an interesting one--but I can't recommend this place. I felt that their concern was far more for the credit limit on my charge card, than for my dental health.

Original review: May 15, 2021

This is a very low quality company! It’s the nightmare! The workers are very rude and have very poor personality. They lies and cheating, they don’t care your health and ONLY cares money. They forced us to buy very expensive tooth brushes and the services price are also very high. They will offered us A long and high fee list even you only want to fix a toothaches or a deep clean. They are hungry for the money!

The worst thing is THIS IS A COMPANY WITHOUT INTEGRITY. They don’t care your time and your feel, they so easily to changed appointments even you already took time off for work. They will tell you there’s no doctor today even you already waited half more hours at your appointment, and they will twist to tell you that they have been called you even you didn’t received any call with the phone list. You don’t want go through all these, THE NIGHTMARE. There are a lot of nice dental cares, find the nice ones who real cares their customer.

Original review: May 12, 2021

At my first consult they "threw" so many things I needed done and even hid an Oral B e-toothbrush not to mention they wanted to go ahead and charge me for Invisalign "no see braces". I was told they had 18 month same as cash financing available and I could use if I needed it. I told them I would rather pay as I go but was convinced I was there just in case so I signed the paperwork. Little did I know how that was going to haunt me later. They changed over $1600 to the account and never received a statement in the mail until I got something in the mail from a debt collection agency. Aspen Dental had my physical and mailing address so that shouldn't have happened. Stay away from Aspen Dental.

Original review: May 7, 2021

The first appt at the Aspen Dental Clinic on Hwy 138 in Conyers was okay, as that initial visit generally is, however the visit on yesterday was incredible, for the lack of a better and more precise word. I'd reluctantly chosen a full set of upper dentures to replace my partial. During my initial visit, Dr. ** was insistent that I had only the options to get either an implant or a full set of dentures on top. During the first visit, an exam, e-rays and impressions were done.

I went in for my second visit after pondering for several months as to whether or not I should have the work completed. During this visit, which included extractions and the placement of my immediate dentures, I knew something just wasn't right when the tech never showed me the dentures. Also, upon my arrival, my unit was not in the place where the units are generally kept. The front desk person searched and searched, but could not locate it, and was told that it had already been placed in the back.

Well now I know why it was not upfront because they knew I would not pay for that unit. So instead of showing me the unit first while I still had my partial in, they hide the ugly truth and remove my extract my teeth so that I would be forced to leave with that ugly unit. After the extraction, each time she placed the unit in my mouth to check for the alignment and comfort, it was as if she was hiding it so I became concerned, however chose not to say anything. The unit was extremely uncomfortable so she had to repeatedly file it and place a lining, etc, etc. When nothing seem to improve the fit, she finally asked someone else to try to adjust it, but it continued to be uncomfortable and bulky and even to the point where my speech was quite different.

At that point, I was becoming near tears since I literally speak for a living, but I kept thinking to myself, surely they can fix this. They got it adjusted to a point where I felt I could deal with it until the next adjustment so I agreed to leave. Since I was never given a mirror as in the past, I thought I would go to the restroom on my way out to look at my new unit. I was in utter disbelief and before I could control myself, the tears that were already forming just streamed down my face. I suffer with anxiety and hypertension so I could feel myself becoming extremely anxious; yes it was just that bad.

I left out of the restroom and went to speak with whoever would listen which was the tech who'd assisted w/ my procedure, and who also directed me to someone else. I told the person (Ofc mgr, **) she directed me to and also Dr. ** who joined in, that the left side and the right side appeared as if each side belonged to two different people. The teeth on the left side were about half the size of the teeth on the right side. Only the fourth front teeth are decent looking. I was thinking this cannot be, it's Aspen Dental and they have probably served millions and maybe even tens of thousands at this particular location alone. I was livid and so distraught that I could hardly speak, and the improper fitting dentures did not help.

Everyone knows how important your smile is which is why those who can afford it spend thousands for a nice smile. Though this unit did not cost thousands, I did at least expect the teeth to be the same on both sides, after all they are false teeth and can be made practically anyway one chooses so why would someone make them look so imperfect? If I were to get a prosthesis body part to replace a body part which had imperfections due to age, etc, I wouldn't request or expect the false one to be made with those imperfections when I can have it made to look better.

The lab techs at this place MUST be incompetent because surely any professional and competent tech should have been able to look at that unit and realize that it simply was not right! But instead of correcting their initial mediocre work, they tried to actually push their incompetent work on me as if the unit was a donation. I am currently searching for someone to make me a new unit because I can't even fathom anyone at that location touching my mouth ever again, and again...YES, it was THAT bad of an experience!! All I can say is that it would be in your best interest to stay away from this place!!

Original review: May 1, 2021

I went to Aspen Dental with hopes of them fixing my dental issues. I was given one price for the service, the next time I went there were further charges which were not explained in the first price, even showing them my printout that was given to me. I had to return numerous times after my temporary partial dentures didn’t fit right and finally got my permanent partials. I went back due to the partials causing pain on my gums and food getting stuck in a poorly designed lower partial. They said there was nothing they could do to fix them. I approached them about getting my money back and they said they would only refund a partial amount and I would have to turn over the dentures. I was appalled by this, went home to use my temporary partials and they fit terribly just as they did before. I paid for a service that was unsatisfactory and they seemed to not care. I am in anguish over this

Original review: April 26, 2021

I called Aspen to make an appointment. They checked our boxes. The price range fit and said they could get dentures back in a few days. At the appointment I learned the price was double what I was told on the phone and it would take twice as long to get.

Original review: April 16, 2021

The office is beautiful, staff is friendly, but I think priorities are off. Appointments are inconsistent as I'm scheduled and don't know or time is different from what they gave me.2 weeks ago I went to Orland after I chipped a tooth. They did x rays, set me up for Care Credit for INVISALIGN. I didn't get Invisalign yet but got charged to Care Credit. I found out today went they sent me to Bloomingdale for what I hoped they would fix the chipped tooth. No they scheduled surgery for next month for another tooth.

Seems to me they are ignoring the broken tooth. All they have to do is bond and reseal. I went to a dentist in Worth years ago who fixed the tooth no problem. Aspen seems to give me the runaround about a chipped tooth. They're running up a huge bill and I see very little getting done. The chipped tooth is more important than Invisalign. Now I don't want Invisalign period. I can't get something smaller done then no. That was an issue I had with a previous dentist. They advertise cleanings ($79). I think just to get people in the door. They don't want a job that's small. They want to sell crowns, braces, dentures, partials, things that cost thousands.

Original review: April 14, 2021

I purchased Comfy Lites in 2017, still paying off the last 1k of this astronomical amount of money for dentures. Had an upper and a lower partial suppose to be under guarantee. Fast forward to this week April 13 2021, had to have one of the teeth lower left removed due to complete infection and not worth saving,.. am ok with that just get the tooth out of my head. The dentist was fine and of course another new dentist, in the last few visits prior to this dentist I was able to see a dentist 3 times, prior to that another dentist did the remainder extractions. Each time visiting any of the offices for anything they want to revisit TREATMENT plans with you, understandable make sure it's paid for. BUT WATCH OUT. HERE THEY COME WITH THE FINANCIAL PLAN, in essence my dentures purchased in 2017 cost me over 3k upper full and bottom partial.

Now if they pull the remaining few teeth in my head they want to rebill me another 3k for another whole new set of dentures, totally negating there's not one thing wrong with my upper and only need a bottom new set----however, that's not happening!! Why would I pay another 3k for a whole new set??? I'm going to find another way to get the bottoms refitted if necessary. Doesn't need it at the moment only if anymore teeth need to come out which they of course advised me to eliminate pronto and sign on to their newest 3k program. I laugh out loud-this is totally and obviously a money business not about dentistry genuine dentistry.

Old school here-- they are profiting on desperate people with bad credit and I was THERE! Look at other alternatives, people PLEASE~ Also, I saw only ONE person in this office this week that has been there the last few times I was there, the entire office staff is always NEW. My previous experience with another office manager 2 dentists back had a $700 credit just DISSAPPEAR from my balance. Oh because it was a mistake of charges. Something to do with insurance payments not allocated properly to my account. NEVER EVER did get a response back on that. Oh and that new office manager right after that one IS ALSO GONE,..

What's really going on at ASPEN DENTAL? I had to get this tooth out this week and paid them the $140 for the simple extraction, glad to be over with it, didn't sign any NEW TREATMENT PLANS for the new 3k DENTURES.. OMG Really how stupid AM I? Never returning there for anything. Don't recommend them unless you have serious A1 credit.

Original review: April 13, 2021

Despite the glowing ads on TV, Aspen Dental does not accept Medicare or any Medicare Advantage Plan. If I had known this when I first went there, I wouldn't have continued. My lower plate became calcified and started to break down. It would cost me over $2,000 to replace it. I believe this company is nothing more than a profit center taking advantage of patients, especially elderly patients. Do not do business with Aspen Dental.

Original review: April 12, 2021

I had my son's teeth done and they did a fluoride treatment, well my insurance covers that completely and they charged me 70.00. Then they did a paradontal treatment on me and I pay a couple of thousand on a credit card. Well I went to a private dentist a lo and behold my insurance covers those paradontal procedures! They ripped me off! They need to be investigated. They ruined my credit because I refuse to pay 70.00 to them!

Aspen Dental Company Information