Stow, OH

Looking for a dental insurance plan

Shop plans on Health Network now

Get quote now

Aspen Dental Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aspen Dental?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aspen Dental?

Original review: June 24, 2022

These guys were the only ones close by and in-network. The first visit, which was supposed to be a simple cleaning, which would have been covered 100%, they used a fancy x-ray 3-D scanner and then trotted out a "periodontal plan" that would have me paying $280 every month/four months/6 months depending upon who was doing the talking. When I said that I just wanted the fully 100% covered cleaning they said they wouldn't do a cleaning unless I was enrolled in this very expensive periodontal plan. I had gone to my former dentist for years and he never said anything about my having periodontal issues. This place, like most of the healthcare now, is about sucking money out of people.

Original review: June 21, 2022

I went to Aspen Dental in New York State in 2017 and they totally destroyed my crowns that they put in. They didn’t put them in right and they are so far away from my gums I can stick my pinky in and they will not fix it. They said they gave me my money back but no Dentist will fix it without me paying for it because my insurance won’t pay for another Dentist mistake.

Original review: June 13, 2022

I used Aspen Dental in montgomery alabama for extractions and dentures, I purchased the Comfilytes - the best they make, after a year and a half my dentures still will not stay in while eating even with adhesive, they tell me that I just have to deal with it. I do not recommend aspen to anyone. I'm stuck with $2200 dentures that I can not use.

Original review: May 28, 2022

My husband needs to have dentures but he needed to have a tooth pulled due to an infection. So we went in and they wouldn’t pull it because of his high bp but they worked up a plan for dentures! We tried to tell them that the high bp was due to his pain but they didn’t even give him a antibiotic for the infection. I sat down with the high-pressure salesperson to go over the dentures plan and my heart sank. The quote was for 14,000 but our part would be 7,000 due to insurance. I knew we would never be able to get my husband what he needed. We left still in pain and shaking because of the price. I do not understand how they can continue to scam people. Long story short, I took him to see our GP to get an antibiotic for his tooth. We have since been educated on all things dentures and found that Aspen is literally robbing people!

Original review: May 17, 2022

Called Aspen Dental on Knox Avenue, North Augusta SC to gather information pertaining to whether or not my Insurance would be accepted and whether or not The Insurance would also be accepted as in Network or Out of Network. Was told I could call the Dentist and the lady was going to give me the number but I told her I was driving and asked if she could Email the number and she told me that she could not. I asked her if anyone there could tell me if my insurance would be accepted as in Network or out of the Network and she told me, I would have to be scheduled for an app first, then be seen, then Hash it out with my insurance. Really? I told the lady I was no longer interested and hung up.

They must be doing really well as a company and that is a good thing if they provide accurate information and not give folks the run around and provide very good care, and not tell folks to just go in blind and worry about the financial consequences with their respective insurance later. Man if they are doing that good, there are a lot of gullible folks out there if they were treated the way I was. Unbelievable.

Original review: May 12, 2022

If I fell outside Aspen Dental and knocked my teeth out, I would pick them up and go somewhere else. My husband went last Monday to their Uniontown Pa office for tooth pain on his left side of his mouth. He left with them deep cleaning the right side of his mouth and a bill for almost 900.00! They were also nice enough to schedule to deep clean the side with the tooth pain two weeks later for another 700.00. They make sure they cover the legal part in getting you to agree and sign up for these outrageously priced procedures. But they fail to meet the ethical and moral obligations of medical care providers to make sure you understand the procedure, are comfortable with it and address the issues you have. It’s like going to a used car lot to buy your first car.

After calling and speaking to the office manager and regional manager they told us their resolution for our unhappiness was to go ahead and cancel my Husband's next appointment. When I asked how they could feel good about charging someone 900.00 and not even addressing the tooth he came in for, the office manager stated they did address it by telling him if it keeps bothering him he could have it pulled and an implant put in for 4800.00. These people are not medical care providers, they are in the business of making money off of people in a time of discomfort and need. Again we dealt and spoke with Cindy **, the Uniontown office manager, And Gary ** who is the regional manager. Dr. Jennifer ** is the dentist/owner of the office and Cindy and Gary said they both spoke to her about our concerns.

Original review: May 6, 2022

This is the worst place you can imagine. Of course, everyone will smile for you once you're there. But all they are after is money. It is really ugly when dental service is all they care about is your money rather than your health. They tried to force me to do some unnecessary procedure that would cost $1,800. They even said they would not offer any treatment unless they did this unnecessary procedure. I said I will have to go to another provider and started to walk out of the door and then when they realized they would lose a CUSTOMER they said ok.

I had a crown there and sadly it fell off the next day in my sleep. I was lucky I didn't swallow it. I went there and asked for a fix or a refund and they REFUSED. I had to write their regional manager to approve a refund. Then after a couple of months, I checked my account and they fund was not there. Six months later and more than 30 emails I finally got my refund. I hate this place and advise you never to go there.

Original review: April 26, 2022

Had a 10:30 emergency appointment that I made on Sunday because of a painful abscess tooth that wanted extracted. Got there at 10am went in at 10:30 and they proceed to give me a full set of xrays for 45 minutes. Then they put me in another waiting room for 20 minutes. Finally I got into dental chair and had some dental assistant exam all my teeth.

After that it was 12 pm and took me to a desk and told me they can fix all my teeth for just over 7 thousand dollars but I can make payments. Totally in screaming pain I said I need my tooth out!! She said they were extremely busy but if I could come back at 3 pm they could squeeze me in. What?? But pay 300.00 now. I had to wait in my truck because I came from out of town because they said Sunday they would take care of me. At 2.30 they took me in and it was the most painful tooth extraction I ever had!! Ordered 6 pain pill and antibiotics and out by 4pm. Never again!!

Armand

Original review: April 25, 2022

Terribly overpriced and unnecessary procedures. Traveled 40 minutes for an x-ray and needed a filling. Rescheduled a month later. Ànd price went to $1200, just not okay. Traveling that far for a x-ray and no filling.

Original review: April 23, 2022

Our first time at Aspen Dental, staff were nice and pleasant. Our visit turned out to be another hustle to recommend overpriced services, unnecessary services and without mentioning alternatives. A $7,000 treatment plan with an $1,100 line item for a deep cleaning. It has been and always will be a good time to get a second opinion and in this case from an independent dentist not associated with a franchise.

Original review: April 22, 2022

Went to Aspen for consultation for possible services...they advertise "no charge"..Don't believe that, you will be charged...When receiving bill for my charge they told me "you have insurance that why we charged you." "IF YOU DIDN'T HAVE INSURANCE THERE WOULD BE NO CHARGE." Please figure that statement out...makes no sense to me.. After feeling my displeasure, they said they will reverse the charges...go figure...hummm.

Original review: April 22, 2022

Aspen Dental overcharged me for a deep cleaning and billed me for work that was not even done on my mouth. They have you sign up for a finance company called Dental first and they overcharge you for minor things then sent me a bill for over a $1000.00 dollars. Stay away from this awful god forsaken place! They are a scam!!

Original review: April 18, 2022

I called Aspen dental for an appointment with a cracked tooth. I was told that they could get me in the following day, but I had to go to one 25 miles away. I agreed to drive, so they made me an appointment on a Saturday at 1:30. I drive there only to find the office closed at 1!!! Can't get much STUPIDER than that!!! Called back to be told that office was supposed to be open till 3, but the sign on the door for the hours stated closes at 1!!! Was told a supervisor would call, which one did, and said sorry [hahahaha] and that they would send me a gas card for my inconvenience, which should take about 2 weeks. I'M STILL WAITING!!! Would NEVER go to that poor excuse for a business!! I can only imagine the service!!!!

Original review: April 15, 2022

The dentist that worked on two molars has caused me a lot of pain and dismissed the fact that tooth sensitivity may have been caused by her filling procedure. I went in for two routine fillings on molars and was told the x-ray did not pick up deep decay. She proceeded to drill into both molars and just weeks following procedure, my teeth were extremely sensitive to touch and cold that I had to schedule follow up appointment. The dentist claims fillings were fine and that cause of sensitivity was gum recession even though not one of my other teeth were sensitive to cold. After probably 3 follow up appointments with the same complaint, she decided to try redoing fillings in an effort to fix sensitivity. One month to 90 days after the fillings, the sensitivity went away but little did I know both molars have died. I had to undergo root canal treatment on both teeth due to infection of necrotic pulp.

My teeth are in decent shape overall given I was not fortunate to have dental care growing up. I’m not happy with how dismissive the dental provider is in the sense that she clearly drilled too deep on both teeth. The endodontist stated that the fillings were on top of pulp which is not what the dentist that conducted procedure told me. She claimed fillings were fine however here I am in a tough financial situation. I have already maximized insurance and refuse to pay out of pocket any more for two crowns. I will be transferring to a new dental provider. I can tell at this point the office is treading water lightly when it comes to my care considering I can almost guarantee there is enough documentation to show a direct correlation to poor treatment planning with my situation.

Original review: April 8, 2022

This Aspen Dental in Spring Hill, TN is a horrible dental clinic. They are very not professional, they forgot every single mile there was a dental clinic happy to accept new patients. Starts from the front, sweet mouth but is very slow, looks confused for what they are doing, takes so long just to get the answer. My wife had an Appointment with the dentist for the Wisdom Teeth surgery at 1:00 and they asked us to come 30 min before (12:30), when we were there the dentist was not ready even after 2:30.

They knew my wife had been fasting for 8 hours as they asked her the day before, but no information given how long we must wait for the dentist? We waited with uncertainty! Then, the surgery was cancelled", because my wife drank a cup of water in the last 30 minutes before the sedate was injected, please don't think every human can survive without getting liquid into their body for 10 hours. They offered to reschedule but NO, this is more than enough, we want them to refund my money, cancel the claims to my insurance and we decided to cancel for 3 people. Cleaning procedure plus 4 filling for me and my two daughters at this location for the next couple of days.

When the "Manager" processed our refund and cancel to the insurance, I told her, "Both of us asked not to work today only for the surgery and we deserve the compensation," but the "Manager" blamed that's my wife's fault by drinking water, why doesn't she remember how long we must wait for the delay, but they remember to called and get "All Paid" from us in advanced for this treatment before they want make the appointment with the dentist. Then when we are going to get out no thank you or apology words come out from the "Manager" to us, instead my wife says "Thank You", to her. Leave of absence, wasting our time, gas, mileage and fasting for nothing, what's going on with Aspen Dental Spring Hill, you make my day brutal! We realize regrets always come at last at this location.

Original review: April 6, 2022

I went to the Mentor office for a routine exam and cleaning and they refused to clean my teeth. I sat there for over an hour and they proved my teeth aggressively several times. The dentist said my teeth were fine but the receptionist threw a $450 estimate at me and said that I could not have my teeth just cleaned and I was told to leave. This after she walked around carrying her sick baby exposing everyone in the office to germs. I was shocked and disappointed and angry that I had wasted valuable time being lured into the corporate medicine trap. Never ever go here. You will regret it!!!

Original review: March 31, 2022

Paid upfront for services was very unhappy with product dentist refuses to fix. The Stuart office does not guarantee their work. Stay away from this office. Save your money go with a honest dental office that takes pride in their work and customer satisfaction as stated.

Original review: March 31, 2022

Aspen Dental is the most unprofessional dentistry service provider in the 50 years I have been going to see a dentist. They all lie to your face repeatedly about services to be provided, overcharge with an unquoted amount to complete the needed procedure and they are totally untrustworthy people and company. They lied and refused to complete the final process without adding a surprise double amount payment up to $14,700. I had prepaid for the complete procedure cost of $7,700 quoted by front desk.

The dentist removed all molars (16+), and sent me home under anesthesia, with no pain treatment pills for the Thanksgiving 3 day holiday weekend. She later said I should have asked for pain treatment. In March 2002 (my last visit) I was asked for another $7,000 for the permanent dentures not in their original quote. I objected to pay above their original quote and the office manager told me to leave and never come back! If they can't screw you then you have to go. I deeply regret ever going there. They are a nightmare.

Original review: March 28, 2022

I have been having horrible experiences with Aspen. They overcharge and play mind games with people. My mom paid for my crown and they screwed me over. They broke my tooth during a filling at the place.

Resolution response: April 23, 2022

They gave back the over payment, 4 months later and many phone calls and emails, from myself and insurance company and BBB, should not be that hard.

Original review: March 11, 2022

I paid in advance because I have an HSA, paid what the office manager said it would cost, some charges were denied by my insurance company and even without that they overcharged, when they accept your insurance they are under contract to charge what is allowed, they overcharged me $858.20, will not give it back even after Cigna called them and told them they owed me that money, Cigna sent them a letter, which they sent to me also, saying I cannot be charged for what they are charging, may have to hire a lawyer and let them pay for that also.

Original review: March 7, 2022

I was going to have a procedure done at Aspen Dental and decided that I did not want to have the procedure. I went to Aspen Dental to get my deposit back which was $500. They only refunded a partial amount of my deposit and continue to hold on the rest. I found with the Better Business Bureau and made a complaint and they haven't even responded to them.

Original review: March 3, 2022

On 1/10/2018, about one year before I retired and had good dental insurance, Aspen Dental in Clermont, Florida, replaced a bridge. I was in the dental chair for 4 hours while the dentist kept drilling my surrounding teeth to get a good fit. It took the dental tech 3 attempts to get an impression. I should have known something did not add up. When I came back for the fitting of the new bridge, I was in the chair for 2 hours while the dentist drilled my teeth again to get a good fit. After a few days, the bridge did not seem to fit because of food kept stuck under the bridge. It appeared to have a large gap. Anyway, I did not go back. However, on 3/5/2019, the bridge fell out while eating soft food. I returned to Aspen Dental to have it re-cemented.

On 9/28/2021, the bridge came out again while eating a sandwich. At that time I moved and gotten another dentist. My new dentist re-cemented it again and said it was not formed correctly and never fit properly and said it could come out again anytime. Well, on 3/2/2022, it came out again while I was eating a soft cookie. I called Aspen Dental office at Clermont, Florida, and the spokesperson said there is nothing they could do about it because there is no warranty. I would have to pay $170 for an evaluation to see what my options were. I have been going to dentists since I was about 15 yrs, and at my age of 77 yrs, I think I know who is a good or bad dentist.

Original review: March 3, 2022

Aspen Dental instructed a hygienist to seat and seal a permanent crown over an exposed nerve. This atrocity forced the loss of a front tooth and has caused five solid years of pain. To all Aspen Dental victims please visit this site Chicago BBB and post your negative Aspen Dental review. They are showing A grade with no reviews posted yet. They denied my review since I no longer have a receipt from a visit from five years ago. Two anti-Aspen Dental websites I manage don’t count. This is hysterical. Please someone else try to post their honest negative Aspen Dental review at Chicago BBB; let’s see how many honest reviews they will deny. Just look up The Aspen Group TAG BBB Chicago.

Original review: March 2, 2022

I recently contacted my local Aspen Dental office after reading their ad about denture pricing starting at $299.00 per arch. I told their Representative that I was trying to find the most inexpensive pricing, and that I didn't want to make an appointment to come in at that time, but they insisted on my making an appointment before they could discuss pricing with me. I mentioned their ad, and asked if the "$299.00 per arch" quote was accurate, and the Representative assured me that it was.

After I went in and had X-rays taken, I met with a Financial Representative, who disclosed that the "$299.00" quote was only accurate for existing Aspen patients -- not new patients. I was then given a quote of "a little more than $900.00". Based on this experience, I felt an obligation to let patients in need of denture services know that the advertising quoting "$299.00 per arch" is an example of what I consider to be FALSE ADVERTISING. Unless money is not a factor in choosing dental services, I would suggest ignoring Aspen Dental's ads -- there are other dental offices who actually honor the pricing featured in their advertisements.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2022

I went to Aspen on 10-14-21 for a chipped tooth. And of course, they said I needed additional work. So I financed my portion of the dental bill and three months later they hit me with another bill saying I need to give them another $654.00 on top of the $814.85 I financed. I don't think it is the right thing to penalize me for the incompetence of people that work in their accounting/billing department. The dental insurance never gave them the approval of anything and on the third visit, they did 2 procedures that the insurance doesn't even offer. And to add on to that the run around I been given to get any answers the young lady in the front has no clue. And the one lady that I did see yesterday all she can say is sorry she doesn't have any idea how this happened.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2022

When a molar broke recently, I scheduled a Saturday visitation with the Aspen Dental facility in Shallotte, NC. I was able to get in fairly quickly although there were considerable telephone calls back and forth to confirm my dental insurance information. I showed up on time and was asked to complete a series of background docs, pretty typical. Each step in the process, I was informed I would meet with the business admin to discuss their 'treatment plan'. I met with three individuals, including the dentist, each talking about the treatment plan.

Now, I am experiencing some discomfort from the broken tooth but it appeared that the primary objective was to engage me in the 'treatment plan' rather than extraction of the decayed tooth. I did talk the dentist into at least calling in some antibiotics to my pharmacy but there would be no extraction that day until we agreed to the treatment plan.

A little background, I had been on a 'treatment plan' for four years at Fusion Dental in Raleigh, prior to moving here a year ago. In fact, my last visit was September 2020, as part of that plan. The dentist there had targeted the suspect tooth as a future item to resolve with a possible root canal. The main point is I was on a treatment plan and consistent with quarterly cleanings and cavity fills, etc. There were only about 15 months in between dentists (the move and the COVID caused delays) so I expected a suggested extraction of the bad tooth, a recommended root canal for the adjacent one, and a possible cavity fill.

I brush my teeth every day, without fail. I floss about once a week but had ceased with the presence of the bad tooth. I don't drink soda and my sweeteners for ice tea are Splenda or Stevia to minimize sugar intake as I am a Type 2 diabetic. Due to dieting, sweets are rare. So, you can imagine my shock when the business admin sat down with a 66-point 'treatment plan' that totaled $10,209 with a discount final total of $9981. It was four pages long with 66 items that included several crown replacements (I guess my previous dentist didn't do a good enough job because they were hers), an electric toothbrush (I already had from my previous dentist), and FOUR extractions, etc...etc. The question I had was how could my mouth go south so fast in fifteen months since I was following a dental treatment plan religiously before.

I then started questioning the validity of my previous dentist, Fusion Dental, in Raleigh. I examined their ratings and they were all 95% or 4.5 out 5, which would have been my assessment. So, how could their work be bad enough requiring so much rework--in fact, 10 grand of rework.

I did some research on Aspen Dental, a national chain with about 1100 operations nationwide. I found the following from an impartial consumer advocacy group:

-3,572,521 reviews on ConsumerAffairs are verified.
-We require contact information to ensure our reviewers are real.
-We use intelligent software that helps us maintain the integrity of reviews.
-Our moderators read all reviews to verify quality and helpfulness.

-rated 2.6 out of 5 --a big difference

I also found this: "The Center for Public Integrity (CPI) and FRONTLINE spent months examining Aspen Dental and found that the same business model that makes Aspen Dental accessible to people short on cash can also lock people into debt and has led to complaints of patients being overcharged or given unnecessary treatments."

I saw this as well from SiteJabber, a business reviewer: "Aspen Dental has a consumer rating of 1.12 stars from 33 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Aspen Dental ranks 86th among Dentist sites."

Since the facility in Shallotte is new, it was difficult to find multiple reviews outside of the company's website so I researched the closest I could find, Myrtle Beach, which yielded the following rating: 2.5 out of 5 rating from 16 contributions. Pretty consistent rating. But if those were not enough, Google search 'Aspen Dental Lawsuits' and you will be stunned at the hundreds of consumer and state attorney general lawsuits. Need I say more? It occurred to me that the 66-point 4-page treatment plan was a natural outgrowth of a visit to this operation. To be fair--not all of those 66 items included a charge like Oral Hygiene Instructions and totals. I am certainly not used to writing such lengthy reviews on local businesses but felt the corporate business practices have an unfortunate influence on this branch, which is a shame. If you are looking for dental work, you may want to examine some alternates.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2022

Aspen Dental is the worst dental place. They lie to you and say you need all this work done that is not true. We went to the dental office in Surprise, AZ. Brianna, the office manager is horrible. She pressures you by saying you need all this work done that your insurance won’t cover. We went the next week to Dr. ** and he said our teeth were fine and we just needed a regular cleaning. Don’t waste your time going to Aspen Dental. This was our biggest mistake that my husband and I made by going here.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2022

Very poor denture work, overbilling, poor customer service, and high prices for dental services. Watch your bill very carefully, if you are not then get ready to get ripped-off. I wish there was less than one star. They even don't deserve one star.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2022

Once Aspen Dental in Waco, TX has your money, they don’t care about you. I had several teeth pulled and got “immediate” dentures on January. I had a follow up appointment for two weeks later but an ice storm closed the office, so I had to reschedule. When I called to do so, I told them I was having some pain and they scheduled me for EIGHT DAYS LATER. I said “That’s a long time to put up with pain,” and the scheduler did a verbal shrug and repeated the date. I’m going to see if I can find someone else to work with.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2022

I would not recommend this place to anyone! Aspen Dental is the Mcdonald's of dentistry. I started in April of 2021. We're just a week short of one year and I have not received a finished product. The whole office is incompetent, the regional manager Matt is very incompetent and childish and Josh ** the sales director has not returned my call. At this point I'm talking with attorneys, Oregon Board of Dentistry and I've contacted and filed a complaint with the attorney general of Oregon.

You cannot negotiate with Aspen. They will screw you any way they can! They have since terminated me as a patient because they cannot create a product that fits my mouth. This is where their incompetence lies. I've never seen the same doctor twice because they're flying in doctors from all over the country to fill temporary positions. They are trying to stay afloat. I pray and hope and can't wait until the Aspen Dental Office doors are closed permanently in Roseburg Oregon. My best advice to anyone is don't go, don't waste your time, don't waste your energy because you will be 100% disappointed. You've been warned.

Aspen Dental Company Information