Find a Dental Insurance partner

Looking for a dental insurance plan

Shop plans on Health Network now

Get quote now

DentalWorks Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about DentalWorks?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about DentalWorks?

Original review: Sept. 16, 2021

Dental Works of Monroe NC is by far the worst orthodontist I have ever experienced. It's just one excuse after another from Dr ** and staff. Canceled appointments, deceptive practices such as getting you to sign paperwork saying you're satisfied with the final product (dentures) before they've ever been made. I could go on and on but why bother. DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME WITH THESE PEOPLE.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2021

Both my husband and I have had a good amount of dental stuff done at the Willoughby location, the dentist was great, but the billing was terrible. We paid our co-payment, and just kept receiving additional bills afterwards. The documents from our insurance company said they didn't pay for some of the procedures because they had deemed those procedures unnecessary or there was not sufficient evidence to warrant payment. So either dental works scammed us into having procedures we didn't need, or they suck as submitting insurance claims. It's also impossible to get anyone on the phone, there is no general customer service number. The "patient relationship" phone number they give out on their website does not even go through when I tried to call, it's just beeps on the other end. Whenever they send a bill, it never explains what the charges are for, just a dollar amount that keeps getting higher. Very frustrated and will never use them again.

Get buying tips about Dental Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2020

I am sitting here with a toothache as I write this, and I cannot get an appointment for four days. They repaired a tooth which has failed so I blame the new dentist. Her work is terrible, and I WILL find another dentist as soon as she fixes her sloppy work. She also sold my husband dentures which cost us 1500.00 plus whatever the insurance paid and he has had to go back 5 times for adjustments. He still cannot wear them. I cannot believe how bad this office has gotten.

Original review: June 29, 2020

I went back to have my dentures fitted properly, because the dentist made them too big! They are charging me $10 for face shield, mask, gloves & gown for every visit during Covid 19. It's a rip-off!!!!

Original review: June 25, 2020

This company should be avoided... billing failures, like someone is stealing money from the company. My daughter had surgery in June 2019, which I had to pay in full before they would do the work. Then I'm billed this $290 again a YEAR later!!! No one at the office have any answers. I will fight this tooth..(ha ha) and nail! I'm reporting this company to my insurance carrier, BBB & may have to report this to the local news.

Original review: June 12, 2020

Pleasant Hills Location. While the hygienist and doctors are fabulous here the office manager is rude, condescending and extremely unprofessional. She is the complete opposite of the dental hygienist and doctors at this practice and drags down the entire practice. If the front end staff were as good as the rest I'd give it 5 stars, but due to her incompetence I give the office a 1.

Original review: May 21, 2020

This was my first pair and my last pair of Dentures from DentalWorks I will say that partial fit really well but the upper plate it is terrible. I have had terrible teeth that have just come loose a lot of times. I go to get try to get appointment. Can't get an appointment. Have paid other dentist to have the teeth fixed $130 at a time even when I get in with one of the other practices that they are part off. They still charge me. Wouldn't recommend them! Staff was great treated with very much respect.

Original review: April 13, 2020

The first problem with the Dental Works on Wendover in Greensboro, NC was that they did not bill my insurance correctly. When I complained they said they had to wait until all insurance that had been billed was paid and then they would refund me their overcharges. The Wendover office closed because of the pandemic and the Dental Works that is open says they have no way to contact the staff of the Wendover office. In the meantime Dental Works has my money and are telling me how sorry they are that they can not return my money because they have no way to contact the Wendover staff. To this I say BS. If I owed the Wendover office money I'm quite sure they would have a way of contacting me.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2020

I paid 25,000 dollars for the smallest teeth ever made. I just assumed they would be a nice size, but no they were not. One of them is chipped already, please don't get your teeth capped there. They had too many people giving prices. When I spoke about the problem I was told it would be very expensive to have them recapped if there is such a thing. My suggestion do not go there. The only good thing I know is they were friendly but I would rather have unfriendly if it got me larger teeth. I will probably have to replace them in a few years. DO NOT GO THERE!

Original review: Dec. 20, 2019

When I arrived for my apt. I provided them with a document showing exactly what my insurance covered. X rays and cleaning. After an hour examination, I was told I needed deep cleaning. Cost $700.00. I told them I wanted the general cleaning that was included in my insurance and they refused to do it!! The dentist said she could "lose her license" by giving me less than I needed! I left and have nothing to show for it. To make matters worse, I received a bill for $118.00 for the exam/x-ray that was over and above what my insurance covered. They should be put out of business and no insurance company should have them as a provider. Unethical.. And anyone who works for them should be ashamed.

DentalWorks author review by Cyril Tuohy

Dental Works is a registered trade mark of Dental One Inc., a dental service management organization. It is not an insurance company. Dental Works aims to provide access to state-of-the-art treatment with affordable and flexible payments. The company began in the early 1990s and has nearly 160 locations across 13 states.

• Flexible scheduling: Dental Works partners with dentists who are open nights and weekends.

• Any type of plan: Dentists in the Dental Works network are known for accepting a wide range of dental insurance plans.

• Financing options: If a payment is ever too much, it can easily be financed.

• All sorts of care: From general cleanings and cosmetic dentistry to dentures and emergency care, Dental Works provides access to all sorts of dental care.

• Easy to find: Locate a nearby dentist with a simple website search.

by Cyril Tuohy Insurance Contributing Editor

Cyril Tuohy, has covered the insurance industry for more than 15 years. He is an expert at writing about personal and commercial property-casualty insurance and covers life, annuities and retirement as a staff writer for a top insurance trade magazine aimed at insurance agents and financial advisors.

DentalWorks Company Information